1.23/5

649 HSN Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

I had been a customer of HSN for several years and was a credit card holder for about 2 years. I ordered several things throughout the years and paid them off. When I went to payoff my account I noticed they cut my credit limit 550.00. I called their customer service and they had no explanation. Only that I would receive a letter in 7 to 10 days for the reasoning, well, that never happened. I paid off the account and closed my account. I was good customer, and was a little disappointed about the result, HSN and their affiliates will never get another penny from me.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I ordered an item as a gift for an elderly friend who was bed bound. I live in Illinois and she lives in NYC. My friend received the wrong item. If I wanted the correct item sent the wrong item had to be returned. To return the item my bed bound friend would have to have someone repackage it and bring it to the Post Office. HSN would not pick the item up for the return. I would have to pay for the return shipping if I was to have USPS or UPS pick it up from her apartment. The supervisor told me if someone could bring the item to her they certainly could bring it to PO office for the return. He was very, very rude and sarcastic. They shipped the wrong item and we were responsible for the return. Worse customer service ever. I do not recommend ordering anything from them. I was treated very poorly. There was not even an apology for their mistake. Stay as far away from HSN as possible!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I placed my first order on a Friday and then I got an email saying that I needed to verify my information. Firstly, he assumed I was a female when I am male, 2nd he didn't ask any information of me at ALL! He asked for my phone number and said it wasn't on my account. I had called to place the rep put my area code wrong by one number, 3rd the guy had the worse attitude and was like "I find reason to believe you are not who you say you are because my sources show you as 90 years old" and then starts laughing! If you see your "sources," I'm in my late 20s!!! When I called the lady asked for my SS and DOB to see if I qualify for the credit card which was fine so that alone shows my DOB, age, sex, etc.

The guy was beyond rude and was like "well I'm canceling your account and your account is goooonne! Ok?" I have never ever been spoken to the way he spoke to me. I then tell him how did he verify my information when he didn't even ask for anything, and he continued to to say "well, I don't believe you. Your orders canceled and I get the final say and I say no. So I have nothing more to say to you so have a good day." Then he hung up I me. I am beyond appalled by this! I'm glad I'm not doing service with them. I'm glad I'm getting my money back. Looking at the reviews, I would have probably got a defective 2nd hand piece of crap anyways. I requested a supervisor to call me so I'm going wait on that and I hope that guy gets fired! Not professional, rude, and awful company altogether.

Original review: May 29, 2019

So disappointed in HSN. I have been a customer for 20 plus years. Never missed a payment. Always paid more than due. I tried to order the TSV online and a message kept popping up, "Problem with account contact customer service." When I contacted customer service I was told that someone who had not paid their bill had used my address as a delivery address. Since I live alone I explained that was not possible and I have never received an item from HSN that I had not ordered.

They refused to take my order saying I could not place an order until they got it straightened out which they would place an investigation that would take 7-10 days, in the mean time my account would stay frozen. What a lack of professionalism and the representative was aggressively RUDE! So I cancelled all my auto ship orders, paid my balance of $7.95 and ordered their TSV Special from Amazon. It cost me $5.00 more but shipping was free not the $5.95 HSN charged so I saved .95.; Very sad about not ordering from HSN anymore but I pay my bills on time, have been a good customer for many years and felt this unfair and offensive. So much fraud these days as I told the rep someone may have pulled my address from the phone book! Life will go on without HSN. Amazon free shipping and next day delivery is the way to go!!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

This is my last ever buy from HSN!!! Never ever I have such horrendously expensive experience!!! Stay away. Their PC are slow and what ever they set on TV it's very rarely true!!!! I had to pay expert to let me know that PC is useless, slow and have problem with speed and hardware, and I need new computer on top of all of that!!! NOT WORTH MONEY I SPEND AND THEY PROMISE HP HELP. EVEN BIGGER LIE!!!! Never ever I will buy anything from HSN!!! I would give them -10 stars if I could. PC under warranty and they refused to take it back!!! $600.00 is a lot money for useless lie and bad pc. I have receipt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I guess HSN buys their products at a flea market for resale at 10 times the price. This was the second (AND FINAL) order I have placed with HSN for electronics - BOTH times, the merchandise was received a day late (despite getting charged for next-day shipping) and BOTH TIMES the product received DID NOT WORK!!!

$200 for a set of Bluetooth headphones...(I've since learned that the same product is on Amazon at $150) and THEY DON'T EVEN TURN ON!!! Products sent to the poor, stupid customers at price-gouging rates should at least be checked to see if they work!!! I'M A FOOL FOR EVER DEALING WITH THESE CHARLATANS.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Despite having credit to use on my HSN credit card, it is being declined, and NO one can tell me why! I feel helpless. How can that be! This is my money we're talking about. I have called Comenity Bank (who offers the credit card to HSN customers) several times today and once yesterday. I have spoken to 2 HSN Customer Service Representatives and 2 HSN Senior Account Representatives. I have even done a three-way telephone call with the bank, HSN and me - TWICE! Comenity Bank states that my card is "golden", "in the green" and "good to go". The bank said the same to every HSN representative and senior account representative we talked to.

I even had one of the senior account representatives try to place/push an order through for me (over the phone), hoping it would unclog the system, fix whatever is wrong with my account or provide him with information that would explain this situation. When he placed the order, he, too, received the same error message, "card declined". Naturally, I want to know why, so I ask! Why? His response (with the bank on the same call), "I don't know why". Huh? The bank was on the phone at the time and, again, said there was no reason he or I should be unable to place an order and that there was no reason I should be receiving that error message!I

I'm ready to pull my hair out. NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHY!!!! How can a senior account representative NOT know WHY. I don't think that is an acceptable response. This is MY money we're talking about here. The bank says it's HSN and HSN says it's the bank. I have never had this experience. I have never in my life dealt with a merchant who just totally could not help me or provide a reason why my account would not work. How do I know that my card hasn't been compromised? I asked the supervisor that. No response. I'm at a total loss; and, since it's dealing with money (my money), I'm very concerned that NO ONE CAN HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a $39.99 chandelier, was told it would be mailed in about 3 days. Well I received an email A WEEK LATER stating my pkg was returned. So I contacted HSN, was lied by the rep which stated the post office had returned the pkg, I was given two WRONG TRACKING #s, so I filed a complaint with USPS, I was just informed by USPS, that the tracking numbers are NOT TRUE #S. I just tried contacting HSN with efforts to speak with a supervisor, was told they're having tech issues, NO ONE CAN HELP ME to call back. THE PKG NEVER LEFT THEIR SHIPPING DEPT, HSN CANCELLED MY ORDER WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION. This is really not good business practices, to lie outright to the client. All along I thought the postal service had returned my pkg. I was deceived by HSN, and now can't get anyone on the phone to give me straight ANSWERS.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I recently made my first purchase on HSN. The item stopped working within 30 days and I returned it. However, when I received confirmation of the return, more than 30 days has elapsed. I received an invoice for a $30 late fee on an HSN credit card I had not applied for. I contacted HSN to dispute the opening of a credit card and was advised I had consented by ordering and returning the item. I declined to pay the late fee. They immediately made a negative report on my credit report at all three credit reporting agencies.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I recently returned a top I purchased that was supposed to be a small but it was way too large, which should have been obvious to anyone looking at it. At this time I also purchased a set of small Crock Pots, one came dented, I was told there would be a charged to return them, I only needed one and the dent was small so I kept them.

When I receive my credit card statement I was surprised. Although I made the purchases at the same time, I was charged separate shipping fees for both, I also received a return charge of almost $8 for sending the top back. Since I haven't been satisfied with other products I purchased for them I decided to cancel the account. Not sure how they stay in business but their practices are horrible.

HSN Company Information