3.5/5 (94 ratings)

About HSN

HSN Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Cancelled my order at the last minute, offering no way to reorder the item. This is after I had signed up for their credit card so I took a minor credit hit to get a discount on the order. Use at your own risk.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

My mom ordered off for some items and H.S.N keeps telling lies about when they will be delivered. I think they are a scam company. Some items were returned to hsn from U.S.P.S. because there was no tracking number. We used to like this company but no more. H.S.N sucks.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I bought a clamp on wiglet and guess I signed up for easy payments. So possibly paid $11 and some change with another $11 due later. I forgot about it, and assumed they would automatically bill the same way I paid originally. Never got a bill until I get a letter from a collection agency!! Will never buy from them again!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I returned a gift from my mother, approximately $165 jacket. But of course HSN and their customer no service state it was never received. Yet I used their return form, etc. I would not buy anything ever again from this company and will have my mother close her account.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I purchased my Trexonic tv to be in the kitchen while I'm cooking, or when my grandchildren come over! I just love it❤️. I thought while we are away from home my grandchildren, sometimes get bored and won't be anymore! Thank you! I Love it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I purchased hair care products from HSN, the products were from Tweak'd by Nature. My hair began falling out after using the products, but unfortunately it was beyond the 30 day. Even though my hair is falling out, the product is inferior HSN does nothing!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Well I've been shopping with HSN for 3 years now. And I was shocked to receive a letter saying..."make sure you only buy what you want to keep or we will close your account" Like seriously? I've kept and SPENT a lot of money with them. But lately their brands are coming mis sized and returned to get a smaller size which still didn't work. Come to see MULTIPLE consumers complained about same brand!! Same style! But these idiots send me a threatening letter when THEY keep saying, "just try it and return if you don't like it". Well guess what HSN, you just lost a significant consumer due to your STUPIDITY!! QVC AND SHOP HQ don't do this!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I ordered a Jasmine blue HP laptop brand new I just got it, I love it and yet it's a bit like new technology in it but runs great and more. HSN was friendly on phone and helpful had no problems. I read the reviews - terrible customers' behavior. I am deaf and used it got what I ordered. It's so good and great. Thank you HSN for it, will order again in future purchases. Sorry people are bad out there, but UPS did drop through box. Not HSN fault. It's UPS dumping it around, again thank you HSN. Stay safe out there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

They cancelled my order because apparently "Their System" says I don't own the phone number which is registered under my name for years. The attitude of the person I spoke to in security and frauds department was the worst. Total waste of time shopping on these cheap websites.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I ordered a tank from HSN. It took 4 weeks for it to get delivered, ok. Tried it on, it was nice but you need to be tall to wear it. I shipped it back with their return shipping label. I was on flexpay and 11.49 should have been put back in my credit card. Well, 3.49 went in. I called believing it was a mistake. No, they charged me for the shipping, even though it stated free shipping on returns within 30 days, which it was. Customer service said that is not their policy and that I must pay for the returned item. Really!!!! Customer service said "oh you must not have seen the fine print". The infomercial stated free shipping with your return within 30 days. I feel like I have been ripped off. I will never again buy from HSN again. I guess this is how they make their money, by ripping people off. Never Ever Again.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Have been a HSN customer for years but no longer. Made a purchase online for an iPad. The system was slow and slow responding. Was finally able to place my order. The following day I received a call from their fraud department. There was 4 individual orders placed and they wanted to check to see if that was my intend. I only order 1 iPad but the system placed 4 orders. The fraud department was only able to cancel 1 order since the other 3 was processed but not yet shipped. I was told to just return the additional 2 that was being shipped.

The following week I received 3 boxes. I called HSN customer service and was told that they would send return labels for the 2 IPads that I did not order. After waiting another week I received two letter that said that HSN was not able to provide prepaid labels since the order didn’t meet my expectations and resulting me wishing to return the item. Obviously someone didn’t listen since the reason was not that it didn’t meet my expectations but that I never placed the order for the additional 3 iPads in the first place.

After shipping back the 2 iPads own my own dime $58.06 I called HSN again and requested them to refund that amount. Bill the supervisor I talked to offered to refund me half the amount. What kind of customer service is that when it was their system that caused 4 orders to be placed. I declined that offer since it would be a credit for future purchases. I will never again purchase anything from HSN since they do not own up to their errors and I would not trust them or their ordering system again. So be careful placing any orders and hope that you don’t have to make any returns.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I had moved to new address. I wanted to order something, but it wouldn't take the address change online. I called CS and requested the change. They said they'd completed it, so I placed an order for a $184 item. They sent it to my old address and now it take several days to process my refund because they don't have the item in stocks. So much for "service."

Original review: May 19, 2021

Their customer service is excellent and so are their products. Very satisfied with this company. I highly recommend this company. Their prices are very reasonable and you can always use flex pay. If something isn't right they take care of the problem right then and there no waiting around.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I have been shopping with HSN for years When the clothing was good quality, but the merchandise is starting to look cheap with high-end pricing. Customer service is always quick to blame the customer for their incompetence!!! This is the last straw!!! Customers Do yourself a favor and stop shopping with HSN!!! It's been a total nightmare!!!! The clothing is becoming more cheap looking everyday. And they are starting to blame the customer for puting the wrong address when you have lived there for 7 years. STOP BUYING FROM HSN!!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I just cancelled my HSN card. The billing department has been a complete nightmare. The HSN people do not communicate with the Synchrony Bank people. They provide incorrect information, then try to tack on fees. HSN has good products, but unfortunately, I'm parting ways with them. Get some structure people. I wish you well.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Sold defective Amazon fire tablet---HSN had extreme long hold times due to COVID, and finally got ahold via CHAT with Amazon and they told me that the device sold to me by HSN is defective. By time I figured this out, it was past the 90 day warranty and purchase return timeframe, but had it not been COVID, I would have been able to learn that it was defective during the return period. I had been trying to find out the issue with the back facing camera that HSN advertised that the tablet came with, since opening the package, and had no idea it was defective. With COVID, HSN should be working with customers, and HSN should go back to their vendor that they purchased the defective product. Apparently others have had similar issues as can find reviews about this same issue online. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HSN--VERY SHADY PRACTICES AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Got a fraud alert on my debit card last night about charges that I did not make. 3 charges were made yesterday for a total of roughly 250.00. Just got back from the bank and it's all straightened out. But here is what's suspicious to me, and in my opinion is how this happened. I purchased a home air purifier on HSN (home shopping network)on Monday. It was delivered yesterday, the same day as the fraudulent charges. I have not used my debit card at all for two weeks prior to my purchase on HSN. So in my opinion this fraud occurred because I did business on HSN. I believe had I not done business on HSN this fraud would have never occurred. This was the first time I have ever ordered from them and it will be my last time. I am making this post to warn people. Don't buy from or trust HSN or this may happen to you too!!!

Original review: March 11, 2021

Yesterday I ordered a Bose Wave IV system paying in full through a verified PayPal account hooked to my bank account. PayPal pulled from my account and notified HSN that the funds were available. After this HSN cancelled my order. I called to find out why and I was told there was a verification issue. They had my email, my address and my phone number, yet never attempted to verify anything with me. They had not released my money with PayPal. They wanted me to speak with verification. I said no, but I want my money back. She claimed to release it and it would be available in 72 hours. This is not done by reputable companies.

Note that the product is just over half of what it is anywhere else. They cancelled the order, but never released the funds back to me until I called. I don't think they have a quantity sufficient to meet the orders they have and I have doubts that product is not refurbished. I told them I would be contacting the NYS AG and recommend others that have problems with this company notify their state AG. There are multiple signs of fraud. I will never order anything through HSN again. And until I get my money back, I can't order from anyone else. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We ordered a recumbent exercise bike two weeks ago for a delivery date for Feb. 5th. I was checking order status and the order wasn't found on their website. I contacted customer support, but the line immediately disconnected after several attempts. I began a chat session. While they found my order, the rep. advised me there was an unexpected order delay. No reason or no ETA. The rep. said they escalated to management, but wouldn't even offer me any time frame. She said, unfortunately, they won't respond until the item is available. I told them that what's unfortunate, is they lost a customer. I canceled the order and found the exact bike on a competitor's site that was $30 bucks cheaper. HSN's customer service is horrible. They will not contact or update your order status. Instead, they feel letting the customer hang indefinitely is acceptable, which is not. Avoid shopping here!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Some of the worst customer service. They cannot answer a simple question. I placed an online order #**. The next day I received an email that my order was cancelled. Within the email it said I made 2 purchases when I only made one. I originally spoke with their customer service rep Susan T who said that my order was cancelled because I used FlexPay & the item didn't qualify for it. I alerted her that I didn't use flex pay & that I paid for the item in full. I then looked into my bank account to see that there were 3 separate charges from HSN. Susan told me that I would have to call the verification department. I did so & got the really rude Lisa who talked over me & after I questioned as to why she wanted my home address, she would not help me any further.

There was no need for it since I used my business card that is linked to my name & business address. This is my primary card & I use this card with just about every one of my purchases with other business'. So this business should be no different. I also use this address since I'm here all day & would rather have my deliveries come here rather than sit in front of my house all day. I even clicked the area that said the address was a business address. The nasty Lisa would only say that I would have to talk with customer service since I was unwilling to answer her questions. Meanwhile customer service told me I had to call the verification department. I was just asking why she needed my home address. Either way the call was abruptly ended.

I then called customer service again & spoke with a supervisor who again could not answer as to why I was charged for 2 items when I only ordered 1. Nor could she explain why I had 3 separate charges on my bank account. She released the funds, but now I have to wait for the 3 separate changes to clear up in my bank account which could take 3 to 5 business days. So I have to wait for my money on something that was their error. Either way, this was my first & last time ever ordering something from this company. Never again. With service like this, I'd be better off paying more someplace else. At Least then I wouldn't have to play 20 questions after using my own business card.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Purchased a HP laptop that included a matching mouse. Contacted HSN and they referred me to HP. Gave HP the model and serial number of the mouse and they told me it does not exist after 1.5 hrs on the phone. They tell me to contact HSN, so I did. HSN says it not their problem and I should have purchased their protection plan. TERRIBLE BUSINESS!! Our family has spent thousands with HSN, but no longer. They lose our business over a $20 mouse.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Customer Service is very poor. I ordered a laptop computer only to find out days later that it had been cancelled for no reason. When I inquired about why I was not notified I was told that it was not HSN policy to notify customers to let them know. The representatives seemed unbothered and unconcerned. When I asked for a corporate number and an address to contact someone to write about my experience I was told that no one will contact me back and that they have no one else I could speak to. I am extremely disappointed by the level of service and it was indeed a blessing in disguise that I did not receive the computer, because had something happened later on down the line, the service would have been terrible and no one would have assisted me. I will take my business elsewhere where customer service is honored and very present.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I placed an order for Cricut Infusible Markers, set of 30. It was expected to arrive in 3-7 days from the date I ordered. Today is day 7 and I reached out to customer service via Chat. The order has not even left their warehouse yet. It’s still sitting in “Packaging” where it has been from day 2. I requested that they cancel my order since it hasn’t even left their warehouse and the woman told me that I CANNOT cancel. If I had read the reviews beforehand, I never would have ordered from this company. They should not be allowed to take your money and sit on your product for as long as they do. If the item has not shipped, it should be canceled if I choose to do so. I will NEVER order from this company again. Not worth the aggravation. I will be putting up scathing reviews everywhere that I can. Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

HSN does NOT have a free return policy as we have been led to believe. Had I known beforehand I would not have purchased a Stand Mixer that I'm not in love with. They don't even have a flat shipping rate that would at least help defer some of the cost. NOT PLEASED AND WILL NOT SHOP HERE ANYMORE.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Absolutely the worst service. No answers to problem. Pretty much ignored me. 6 phones calls all different departments and no answer to problem. They claim there was fraud on my account and cannot prove it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I am beyond disgusted with the service I received from HSN. 3 weeks ago I ordered my item. I set up flex pay and was charged $20 more than what the payment said it had charged. I have been contacting HSN customer service for over a week asking where my order is. I was assured both times to have faith and trust my item would be here by Christmas Eve FOR SURE!! Now my order is cancelled!! Christmas eve!!! HSN should be ashamed!!! Poor service and no transparency on what was obviously an order they could not fulfill and would not admit!! They ruined my chance of getting the item in time anywhere else!!! I will make sure to spread the word on this awful experience and try to encourage others to NEVER shop this disgraceful company!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The Shipping department gave my billing address to the shipper and it was different than the Shipping address. So my gift was sent to the wrong address. Customer service told me they would ship another to me asap, By Dec 9th. Dec 9th came and went, I was told Dec 12th, didn't happen, I was told Dec 15th, I was told Dec 18th, I was told Dec 22nd, None of which happened and today I was told Dec 24th.

They told me to contact the shipper, who never answers the phone, I was able to speak to someone over "chat" and was told they could not tell me where my shipment was. And that I would probably not get it before christmas. HSN said the best they can do is track the shipment on the shippers online service. I find it very hard to believe that HSN and the Shipping company (AIT) do not have any contacts to track shipping. NO representatives on either end to track a shipment or give a physical location. HSN gave me a $10.00 credit on $600.00 product which is a slap in the face.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I tried ordering the Legacy Box for my husband for Christmas. I tried to do flex pay and got shot down for the for some reason (they say letter will be in the mail). So I paid in full. I was so excited to get this for my husband. Later that evening I received an email stating that my order was canceled. I called customer service and they referred me to the "verification department".

I called and spoke to "Ish" (that was seriously his name). I explained the situation and he told me that they canceled because they couldn't verify any of my information. Home address, phone number or email. (I did just move to another state about a month and a half ago, but that shouldn't make a difference. Everything has been changed to my new address). I asked questions, "why?" "What do I need to do?" He said you gave all of your information, there is nothing else for you to do. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. He said there was no supervisor to speak to. He would have to escalate and someone would call me in 24 hours. He also said my HSN account has been closed due to this so I won't be able to order anything else from them and it was a supervisor who told them to close my account. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASE FROM THAT COMPANY!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

HSN offered a subscription service to deliver sets of the American Innovation coins as they roll out over several years. Several have been received to date. Each contained statements from First Commemorative Mint Inc., so they appear to be the source of grading. The Massachusetts set arrived in early December. In this case, one coin (Philadelphia) was incorrectly graded MS67. The coin has a poor luster finish on the back-not what MS67 calls for. I complained to HSN and asked for a replacement, but they only offered to accept a return without replacement. This is unfortunate as the total collection would be affected by a missing part caused by a return.

I have also noted the initial shipments included reverse proof coins, but that practice discontinued shortly after beginning. My expectation was the initial sets of coins delivered by the subscription would continue throughout the program, but that has not been the case with the drop of reverse proofs. Incidentally, the cost of each delivery has not decreased to reflect the lower set values. I am unable to find written documentation now of what HSN sold initially, but I recall the video presentations talked about reverse proofs.

I attempted to leave a review on the HSN site directly, using a review link shown in my order history of the exact product identified here. The HSN site refused to accept the posting, and indicated I had not purchased the product I attempted to review. Buyers beware. HSN and First Commemorative Mint are misrepresenting their product grading, not correcting that failing in a collection protective manner, not maintaining consistency in delivered product quality, and suppressing this customer from sharing this information with their hosted reviews. This collection of experiences suggests HSN and First Commemorative Mint may be less than a credible coin suppliers.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I purchased a Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 from HSN website on September 25th. 2020 for $199.00 and free shipping with the 1st. Payment of $81.67 and agreed to 2 additional payments of $66.66. My 3rd and final payment will be paid from my bank account on November 26th. 2020. NOW they have the Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 on Black Friday Sale online for $179.00 including free shipping AND 5 EASYPAY PLAN! I feel that I should be credited $20.00. I am 100% DISSATISFIED WITH HSN!

I DELETED THEIR APP and I will never purchase from HSN! Their affiliated Company QVC Did the exactly same instance to me on an ASUS notebook for $300.00. ONE MONTH later they had it ON SALE FOR $100.00 LESS PLUS 2 YEAR WARRANTY and 5 monthly payment plan! My ASUS purchase CAME WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND 3 MONTHLY PAYMENT plan. I called their customer service and their EXCUSE WAS they don't know what OR when an item on the website will be offered for a lower price! QVC TOLD ME THE ME THE EXACTLY SAME REASON.

Larry. Key West Florida.