1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

624 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

They offer they push flex pay then go through the process to check out and, "Oh no we cant offer you flex pay." What a joke. Oh but you can pay full price and get it. Why say anyone can use flex pay then be denied?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I ordered slot on payments only to find out only form of payments possible to them is checking account. This is unreal be not up to future forms of payments to most companies. I don't like it at all and after I pay off I will not use HSN again. Not mention I ordered 2 pairs shoes that torn up in less than a month. They credited for one pair sent back the other torn up pair I had to throw away.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My fiancé & I ordered three phones off HSN. One for him, his brother, and me. So we waited patiently, and a week passed on. We got all excited because we are looking another week to go, and we have our phones. Well, when I checked the packaging, it said it was cancelled. I called HSN, and they said they were sold out. So I ordered it again just my phone. The same thing happened AGAIN! My fiancé and I are no longer doing business with this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

So I ordered an air fryer from HSN and was really excited to receive it. I checked my tracking every day! I was excited when I saw that it was delivered and would be there when I got home from work that day. Well, I get home and there is no package! Now the air fryer I ordered was worth $300! I first called UPS to find out what happened to my package, they said they delivered it. So at this point I am thinking "Wow, someone walked up and stole this package off of my porch." I call HSN Customer service and explain the situation to them and they are very accommodating, they send out a new package that day.

I receive this package and am so happy with my purchase. That's when the other shoe drops. HSN is going to charge me for both air fryers and there is nothing I can do about it. I really think HSN should take responsibility for the package as they sent it in a marked box, indicating what it was as well as not requiring a signature for such an expensive item. So now I'm basically out $600 for one air fryer!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I can honestly say in the 20+ years I have been shopping online this is my first really negative experience. While watching the absolutely breathless presentation for a Blendtec blender I was encourage to try the product because after all you can always return the item if you don't like it. What they fail to tell you is Blendtec does not participate in the easy return process at HSN leaving you to ship it back via the post office at a whopping $35.00 charge. Who would ever take the chance of ordering something and getting stuck with a return fee that high.

Since I am a HSN customer I feel it is their responsibility to inform customers of this process up front. CS seems to think they have no responsibility because Blendtec chooses not to participate in the easy return process available. What garbage they know if they would tell you this upfront you would not order the product. HSN would obviously rather risk losing customers to make a sale. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I originally purchased Bose headphones in FlexPay. However, I applied for HSN card to get additional 25% off purchase. My first payments were made with my debit card... great! Then after I received the HSN card my following two payments they put on my HSN card without my consent. I thought these were made with my debit since original purchase was and following payment made thru phone app. I suddenly get an email that I’m being charged $27.00 past due amount plus $3.00 surcharge. What?!? Anyways I tried to message thru their HSN app which kept kicking me out. Got upset and called number to be transferred several times by robot to hold.

Finally got lady to charge my next payments to my debit and she stated it was now linked to my account for future payments. Nope!!! Never listed my debit card. Tried to call today to pay off all of my balance to cancel card. Just put on hold by robo answering system to find out they are closed for day. Did not even say what hours to call back. I'm calling in morning to give some poor soul that works for these scammers a bit of my mind and pay off and cancel my account. I DO NOT SUGGEST HSN FOR ANYTHING.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I ordered the fragrance linen in the Miracle Clean because it was advertised as the most subtle & gentle of the scents. HSN sent the WRONG one. With limited mobility it was a problem for me to get to UPS to return. I had to impose on someone to drive there. They replaced with the original fragrance I had ordered. The smell was putrid and overpowering! (There are many other people who talked about the horrible, offensive smell.).

I had an extreme headache and broke out in a rash after one use of this product. Customer service offered to email a prepaid return label which they did NOT do! I called twice more including a conversation with a supervisor. No one apologized for their original mistake; no one showed understanding or compassion. They said they couldn’t resend the label, but would mail it. I did not receive it and called again waiting on hold for a ridiculous amount of time. I still don’t have the label!! For a $25 product, they should have issued a refund and told me to throw it away. In frustration I just disposed of it. However, I will not purchase from HSN again.There are plenty of other options with companies that treat their customers with respect and try to accommodate. My advice is to stay far away from HSN.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I was trying to order a MacBook Air and they denied my purchase but yet they withdrew 750.00 out of my bank account and they faxed a letter to my bank for a return of 500.00. So I call about the 250.00. They refused to send another fax or call but instead they heard my voice and talked to me so nasty on their recorded lines because they realized that I was an minority person but I realized that they're based in Florida so that says a lot. I asked them to remove my card info and delete my account.

The customer service supervisor Mike acted like I stole from him or did something wrong to him, in actuality they stole from me and now I have to fight my bank for my money that HSN stole from me. If you deny someone why charge them 3x... Don't buy anything from these guys. They don't respect customers and they don't respect minorities. Shop with QVC. At least they talk to you with respect and they're extremely helpful and professional. Please everyone shop somewhere else. HSN is a joke and a bunch of ** supporters. Trust me. Talk to customer service and you will see if you are an minority and CEO Mindy F Grossman supports this type of behavior. Smarten up folks. Drop HSN.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I ordered product early August that ended up defective. I called HSN & they issued me a prepaid UPS return label. I returned the defective product - they received it Aug 28th. I called them yesterday to check status of return and they don't show I returned item. I gave them tracking number and they now acknowledge they have had item for 1 month without issuing credit! No reason given for this. They sent out a replacement item which also ended up defective. I returned it by the post office. No tracking number was issued. They now refuse to see if item was received at their return location. They also refuse to issue credit the 2nd shipment because I don't have a tracking #. Even though I can give them the receive date. I received a letter last night from HSN stating they have not received the 1st return! I am very angry over this. I have been a customer of them for many, many years. I will no longer shop at HSN.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Do not buy a phone from them. I love HSN and purchase regularly. I bought a Samsung S8 Plus for $804. I Paid my last payment on 9/21/18. I broke the phone on 9/28/18. I did not expect anything from HSN until I went to register the phone and could not. I contacted Samsung to have it registered and repaired only to be told the phone is international and cannot be registered or repaired in the United States. There is no way possible for them to even get parts. I was not told this when I purchased the phone. I want my money back and HSN feel it is not their problem.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I attempted to purchase an Apple Laptop from HSN today after several weeks of careful consideration. I went to their site, completed the transaction, and then immediately got a response back from them through email stating that they had canceled my transaction. No reason stated. I bought a Pilates XP machine from them years ago which I paid off so I thought I was a shoe in. Turns out they STILL withdrew the money from my checking account and tied it up with my bank as a pending transaction, so I had to contact my bank to get my money released back to me. HSN, this is why you have ONE star on here. Go back to the way you use to treat loyal customers because this system ain't gonna last much longer if you don't.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Out of 4 phones purchased, I was able to activate 3 with the HSN deal with TracFone. Number 4 never worked with TracFone support for hours. It never worked. Non returnable after 30 days with HSN. So it seems I eat the price of 1 phone? What rating would you give?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

You won't believe this. I get a letter from HSN telling me my account is being closed & cannot buy from them anymore. WHY! You would think because I do not pay my bills, or I buy items from them & use them & wear them & send them back! NOPE! It is because I sent too many items back. Nothing I ever sent back had ever been worn, or used. All clothing was tried on, If I did not like it or did not fit it was folded up, put back in the bag, & sent back. NEVER WORE ANY OF IT.

So when I called the HSN cardholder bank to make my last payment I told the lady on the phone about it. She could not believe it, she said my credit score was perfect, she made a three way call to someone high up at HSN to no avail. She had never heard of not being able to buy if you have perfect credit score. So PEOPLE LISTEN UP, WHEN A HOST ON HSN IS TELLING YOU TO GET IT HOME TRY IT, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO SEND IT BACK, They are lying!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After taking my order, HSN Customer Service had taken my debit card number, & then told me I would get an extra $20 off order if I applied for the charge card. Then she used the new HSN card w/o telling me that she needed to use the card in order for me to get the $20 off. The woman was nice, but she no doubt received a commission in pushing that HSN card on me. I should have examined my bank statements but I didn't.

The next month I decided to use the HSN card to build credit. They suggested Flex Pay, so that was put in for. When I didn't receive a bill, I worried about late fees, so decided to pay it off, cancel the Flex Pay: unpleasant male HSN manager refused to reverse the original charge for the 1st order, then refused to submit my future Flex Pay charges to Comenity Bank, so that I could pay it all off. I had also done a partial return of the 2nd order, so the charges & credits were confusing, especially as HSN bills the Flex Pay charges and return credits, separately for each item in an order!

This was the beginning of a very unpleasant 3 hrs on the phone & a headache-- between speaking to people at HSN & Comenity Bank (who holds the credit card), holding, being transferred, going through queues, not reaching a person, holding, getting that unhelpful creep of a male supervisor at HSN, complete with his impatient, rude attitude. I had asked him a to be transferred to another Supervisor- he refused, told me he would not, that I would need to call again...

Fortunately, a woman in customer service at Comenity Bank was most helpful, she called HSN back on a 3-way call, resolved the issues, requested that my future Flex Pays be billed now to get rid of them (which it turns out the creep of a male manager could have done), & removed late charges for not paying the original purchase the month before on HSN card which I wasn't aware had been made. A needless waste of 3 hours: my advice, stay away from Flex Pay: I won't buy from HSN again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

This company runs your credit periodically, without your knowledge. I received a letter after being a loyal customer for some time stating they were lowering my available balance due to running my credit. I only owed them $29.00. I sent $130.00 the month before. I never owed more than $300 at time. I paid them off and canceled my account. Their products are junk anyway. QVC, and Evine way better. Customer service is a joke, and management as well!!! Shady business!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Wow. My experience(s) shopping at HSN was very different from most of the reviews here. I've shopped with them twice and both times I was exceptionally pleased with my purchase! If it wasn't for HSN flex pay my daughter wouldn't have had a very good Christmas last year. So allowing me to pay monthly for the laptop she wanted was a godsend! I'm very appreciative!

Then about a week and a half ago I purchased a Samsung Galaxy TracFone that ended up with a cracked screen and I was really hesitant contacting customer service because most places won't fix something like that. It's more of a "you're ** out of luck" issue. But I reached out to customer service anyways thru live chat on their website and immediately after explaining my issue I was told they sent out another phone and emailed me a prepaid shipping label to return the one with the cracked screen... no questions asked! I can't speak for everyone(obviously) but I'm VERY happy with HSN! I will definitely be shopping with them a lot more in the future!

Original review: July 23, 2018

We bought 2 orders of Professor Amos. I received the orders but when I opened them up there were items missing. So, I called customer service and let them know what items I did not receive. I was then told they would ship my missing items to me. When the package arrived it was wrong again. Instead of receiving the missing items to my 2 orders they sent me another 2 orders. A few days after that I received a letter saying I had to pay for the 2nd 2 orders that were sent. There was obvious confusion because the letter also talked about how they knew I received the delivery. I never disputed that I received the delivery. The problem was my order was wrong!

I talked to a lady today and was told that even though I did not receive items that I played for I would have to pay again for 2 more orders to get what was missing from the first 2 orders. I was told they could not just send me the missing items because all orders are prepackaged & they cannot break them up! That was news to me because the first person I spoke with said they would send them right out. I have never heard of any company making a customer pay again to receive something that was missing from an order that they already paid for! That is completely outrageous. They were unwilling to make right what they obviously made wrong! I would not recommend ordering this or anything else from this company! To put it mildly They Suck! They want to rip off the little customers they have.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I recently received a letter from HSN stating that I return too many items. Are you kidding me HSN? You do realize you're an online shopping company. There is no way I'm going to know the quality or fit until I receive it. I will never shop at HSN again. You let some goofy company talk you into treating your customers like criminals. Good luck with that approach. #IHateHSN

Original review: July 20, 2018

I called HSN to order a laptop. The representative talked me into getting the HSN credit card. Said I would get the laptop cheaper. I went online to pay the credit card bill before it was due. Then I got a bill that included late fee and interest. I called HSN. I was told that they could see on their screen that I had given them my banking account and routing number. However, an additional button didn't get pushed and it didn't go through. Therefore I owe interest and penalty. I told the HSN credit card rep that I had in good faith attempted to pay my entire balance in full before the due date and asked that they accept my payment and not charge interest and penalties. She said no. If I didn't close my account they would remove part of the charges.

Fine, but I still wanted to pay off the entire balance which I did. Then I got another bill for more finance charges. I called again. They refused to remove the charge. I was told that even though I asked to pay the entire balance, they did not take the entire balance and I needed to pay yet again more interest on the interest. This laptop that I was told would cost less if I got the HSN credit card has cost me dearly. All HSN needed to do was to accept my payment in full and credit me for the penalties and interest. They could have made me a happily returning customer. Instead they choose to lose one over their own greed.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered jeans through a customer representative more than three weeks ago with the promise that they were indeed available and would be delivered within seven days. I called HSN today and was first told that I had returned the item. After being transferred to a customer service representative, I was told that they were oversold and were not available when I purchased them with no option for backorder. This is not the first time in the last two years that I have made a purchase only to learn weeks later that it was never available. When I have received merchandise, the quality of the clothing was so poor that it was unwearable, and every item purchased in the electronic category fell apart within the first few months. The tv sales people misrepresent inferior merchandise enthusiastically which you may return for a hefty shipping fee. I regret not checking reviews before wasting money shopping with this most dishonest company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I contact them about a Joy Mangano purse that was tearing apart on the handle, and they denied I bought it. They told me I had to take a picture of the purse & email it to the company that handles Joy Mangano's merchandise. Also, I bought a Samsung Galaxy TracFone from them and it will not work after only having it 3 months. Tracfone will not warranty it because it was bought through Home Shopping Network. They are dishonest and I will never buy anything else from them.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased multiple items on HSN and wanted to cancel one of the items. I went online, to their website the same day, a mere hours later and there is no way to cancel. There is no cancellation button. I searched to find instructions, and the site has nothing listed for a cancellation. They only list info on returns. Is this even legal? I am a customer of theirs for many years.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We returned over 550.00 worth of junk from Nov and December 2017. They still have not given us credit. It notified Comenity Bank, their credit card we have thru HSN, to take these off our bill. I have been fighting with them for a year, even with sending certified letter, even to the president of HSN. They just told me today, that after over a year, we get credit for one item. All of us should file a class action lawsuits against HSN. Do not deal with them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have bought & loved HSN items for yrs... Well, I'm one of the thousands of people that gets a letter from them saying they have closed my account for too many returns. This is SICK! I have never used or worn a item that I have returned. If I take a item out of the packaging I never rip the bag, or box that it came in, never!! I also know that it is ** about if you open a item they cannot resell it on TV. It goes to their outlet for sale. I can't tell you how many items I have received that I KNOW have been OPENED or TRIED ON BEFORE. Several times I have ordered shoes. The paper that is in the box is all wrinkly & torn, more than 4 times, I know these have been in someones home & hands & feet before me. What a crock!!! Other items I have also ordered I know have been opened & tried on, & maybe even worn.

HSN ALSO NEEDS TO STOP SAYING WHEN THEY ARE PITCHING A ITEM, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. DUH!!! No they just close your account. Well I really like about 5 brands they sell, Wolfgang is one of them. So now If I see something I want I get my sister, a cousin, a aunt, or any other friends & family member to order it for me. I really do not like giving them any more of my money, but I really like some of their products. But, they do need to shut up about the 30 days return!!! They need to say if it does not fit or you do not like it, you have 30 days to return it, & then we will close your account with us. So sign me up, I'm another customer that HSN has so much money they do not want any more of my money!!!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Being a Canadian customer, I ran into payment problems as HSN does not accept Canadian credit cards. I called and a rep lady said "all you need is an American credit card. Do not worry about the name". So I get my cousin from US to give me the credit card, and I call back with new information, but they say my cousin needs to call. So, my cousin creates the account and calls, places the order (shipping to me), and the order apparently goes through. The next morning the order gets cancelled, because of some weird verification process. My cousin calls them, and they want her to speak to customer service. The customer service says the item does not exist. SCREW YOU HSN! If you did not want to sell the item, you should have said so 2 days ago. Waste of time!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

My sister died 8 months ago. As the executor/trustee of her estate, I contacted HSN to ask what the balance was on her account. One of their tricks is the recurring payments plans, and we kept getting multiple bills for single payments for various items. I provided them with the death certificate, asked for the full and final balance, was given a number, and paid it. That was in December. It is now June, and I am still getting these onesy-twosy bills, despite repeated calls to them informing them that she is deceased, that there is no legal obligation to pay them, and that I am just short of contacting an attorney and suing them for harassment. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I dont write many reviews. But I feel compelled to share this one. On June 5th I ordered two coins from HSN for my collection. I learned they charged $12 shipping and handling for each. (Bad!) I then got a 15% off offer for my "next order." I then ordered 9 more of the same coin. I entered the 15% off code at end of checkout. Then I learned HSN only did the discount for one coin and charged me $12 each for the other 8. So in doing the math $12 X 11 coins = $132. Wow!

I called HSN customer service and complained and they told me "that's how work." So buyer beware with HSN! Every other seller I've dealt with would combine all items and apply reasonable shipping and handling, not for each item. I believe as a consumer this is misleading with the offer of 15% off and not apply it at checkout and also the shipping and handling they charge is a scam. That's where they make extra gauging money from consumers. Pity that this is allowed! Any input? Am I wrong?

Original review: June 3, 2018

Be very careful when ordering from HSN on the "flex" payment plan. Their site is designed to confuse you and ability to overcharge you. If you try and pay off your balance, they still continue to charge you a monthly payment. I am done trying to get my payment back from them. Should have refunded me $7.50 but instead took out another payment and told me my balance is -.85 now. I know it's not a lot of money, however, when they do this to 100 people, it adds up.

I referred a family member to HSN and their first experience was horrific. Their customer service department was extremely rude to this 85 year old woman! She always ordered from QVC and I told her about HSN! Big mistake! I will never watch, order anything from them again. I contacted them and their customer service personnel are combative, not a good business practice. You want customers to return and continue to order from you, not get so frustrated that they write unsatisfactory reviews! And to argue with a customer over $7.50! That proves what a small minded company is all about.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I bought my phone and received a Samsung Galaxy 7. Within a month I had problems. I called technical support and spent 2 and half months trying to fix my existing phone to no avail. Then as always I had to go to Target and use their phone to fix mine. This time on getting the 2nd level technical Roman said a new phone would be sent. After a week I called and was told that I would receive it Tuesday May 29th by 8 pm. No phone so I called Wednesday and was told to send my phone back and then they would send the new phone. I told them I could not be with my health.

After 2 days of calling and telling them I would have to go to another phone service and get service right away and leave TracFone. They said ok. I have found the techs to be rude liars about being managers. The last being Adrian at Thursday May 30th at 6pm a 2nd level tech. My family and friends cannot believe all of the problems I had trying to be loyal to TracFone to no avail. This company cannot be depended on for product or service.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I received an email from Dr. Brandt company on May 24th they were having an event at HSN that evening. I phoned HSN to inquire in the afternoon and they said they could place the order for me over the phone at that moment. It was only $7 off the MSRP. I placed but never received an email acknowledgment of the order. When I opened my email the very next day Dr. Brandt Company sent me an email having a 40% off sale sitewide which would have been a much better deal on the same product (Dr. Brandt No More Baggage). I phoned HSN this morning as I have not received any shipping and my credit card was charged on May 24th. They said they made a mistake in my email address and that it takes a while to receive. Supposedly will be delivered today. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM HSN AGAIN! Horrible customer service and I paid $10 more for the item than I would have if I ordered directly from the company the next day.

HSN Company Information