Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Wilfrid,

We are so glad that you've been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you'll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

We've Got Your Back,

The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have used ConsumerAffairs as a service to buy things in the past. And their opinion has helped me buy everything from beds, to TV's, to the current car we own. However it never allowed me to understand the most powerful tool it gives you. It gives you the ability to reach out and speak directly to the companies you need to speak with. They are a neutral party that helps voices be heard on issues you have and hopefully work towards a resolution in a way that works best for both parties. People can say they are a shrill for who pays them the most money but in my experience they were a tool to help my voice be heard and get a resolution that worked best for me and my family.

ConsumerAffairs.com

That's wonderful to hear, Maria. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients.

Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences can praise brands for exceptional service as well.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Very grateful to have this consumer platform in which to review companies. Whether reviewing other comments while investigating whether to do business with a potential new company, or to be used as a platform in which to share experiences, I find it to be a very helpful tool. I appreciate that I heard back from the company I was having an issue with - it gave me the opportunity to request assistance on a whole other level than just calling the customer service number and not really getting much satisfaction. Thank you, Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Rebekah, we are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases.

We hope to continue being your source for consumer news & reviews in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I am very thankful that I was able to utilize ConsumerAffairs as a platform to reveal my situation. The fact that ConsumerAffairs is well-respected and viewed by thousands of both companies and consumers speaks volumes. The company saw my post on ConsumerAffairs, addressed and resolved our concerns. Going forward I will be using ConsumerAffairs before making other large purchases. Thank you ConsumerAffairs because I do not think I would have had such a quick and positive outcome if your organization were not the mediator!

Thus far, this website has been shown to be helpful. I am able to truly expressing my satisfaction or unsatisfaction with specific businesses and to communicate with those specific businesses about my experience with them.

I left a review for the Walmart Money Card. There were some issues I had, and I let them know. It was left with no expectation of anything coming from it. Well, my issues were mostly resolved! It's nice to know companies care about how consumers really feel. ConsumerAffairs was the key to the resolution. I'm happy to leave my reviews on here.

For the most part I'm pretty happy with this site. I do believe they are understaffed though because you can not ever get in touch with anyone, not by e-mail or phone. I have been lucky to be able to post something & have it resolved. However the problem with this site when not having enough people & no one ever getting back to you are the other posts that never get posted for no reason. I've checked reasons for something being on hold & 1 is that there are not enough posts & 2 is the company isn't on file... Well the company did come up & it only takes 1 post to start. This site is one I've truly wanted to count on & maybe posting about this problem, having tried to contact them for MANY months (since April) & this particular review being extremely important for others to know about... Maybe Consumer Affairs will take note now?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I appreciate this site as it is an opportunity to warn other unsuspecting people about other business' bad faults, and possible problems. I am very happy I found this website. I would recommend this to anyone.

Write a succinct and honest review of accounts that you had with a business and submit it. Sounds easy right? Not if you did it with ConsumerAffairs. While I appreciate that there is a review process of your submission they are flagrantly blase about how futile and wasteful of your time this is. BUT!!! Only AFTER you make your submission. Where they are happy to thank you then immediately tell you that there's a good chance they won't bother to print your experience and that it will take them roughly a week to let you know if yours managed to make it. Kind of garbage system. Especially when you've provided pictures and/or receipts... I don't wish to give it one star because it isn't North Korea, but it's some elitist first world version of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Resolution In Progress

I have been waiting since MAY for the moderation team on a WALMART review. I hope y’all are not dragging your feet because it's about the almighty WALMART. I don't know what the normal wait time is and for that matter why there is a review at all. We don't make this stuff for the fun. All you have to do is go to WALMART and look around and you can see how unethical they really are.

I had a problem with American Home Shield Warranty company not honoring the contract to repair a broken pool pump in our "new" house. I complained to the BBB and on ConsumerAffairs. The person from AHS who responded to my CA complaint reimbursed me for my broken pump quickly after I showed proof of the work. The person from BBB who responded told me to take a hike---that they wouldn't reimburse me. ConsumerAffairs helps to get your problem resolved.

I just wanted to thank you for providing a non-profit website without having to immediately enter cc information for "hidden" fees that don't exist with your website. I appreciate all you do in providing a platform for people to feel that a review feels like a "pay-it-forward" whether positive/negative reviews, as it helps many people. Like myself I feel I have a go-to place that is trustworthy, morals matter and people can be honest. If I help one person not make a mistake, it is a price money "can't" or hopefully won't buy with regret. You're the best I've found recently and deserve a thank you, something most people forget, it is nice to be appreciated. So thank you ConsumerAffairs! I applaud you whether my reviews are posted or not. I may not always use correct format, my apologies in advance. I'm not perfect. Just honest, and live for morals! Thanks again :)

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to your home page and wanted to check for warranty coverage for my F150 Ford truck. Your pop-up that requires me to put in my year of vehicle will not let me scroll down to a 2014 vehicle or the make. Your site does not work. FIX IT.

Hi Jonathan,

I apologize for the difficulties you've been experiencing using our site. I will do some investigation into this problem and be reaching out to you personally shortly so you can see the company response.

-Heidi Tindle

Original review: July 19, 2017

I wrote a review of American Home Services, then got an email from ConsumerAffairs that they responded and I had to create an account on ConsumerAffairs. I did so, and verified my email, but when signing in get a message "unable to review requested review"... What a waste of time!!!

Hi Adam,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Feedback from consumers like you helps us improve our site. We are currently working on developing a way for consumers to edit their reviews after they are submitted and before they are published. We strive to constantly improve.

Thanks again for choosing ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have recently written a review of Toyota Financial Services (TFS) on the Consumer Affairs website and love the ease of use it was to do so. The only critique I have is that shortly after I wrote the review I wanted to either edit or delete my review while it was under review with Consumer Affairs, and especially before it was submitted to TFS. I was not able to do so; when it was submitted to TFS I felt like my review was not completely accurate and had no other choice but to mark it as "resolved". I will write another review after I have finished corresponding with the TFS lease-end department but I do not consider my issue with them as resolved.

ConsumerAffairs.com assisted in my refund. I was unable to get assistance from Green Dot Bank in their customer service until I got CONSUMERAFFAIRS involved. I did finally get issue resolved and a refund after 3 months. Thank you.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for the review, Maria! We believe that people deserve to make smart decisions. Leaving your reviews here helps others do that.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 10, 2017

Great way to get your word out there! ConsumerAffairs is great, so that you can have your experience (good or bad) known by others and so that they can chose to do business or not with a company by reputation!

I do recommend the use of Consumer Affairs to anyone. Definitely, I am very satisfied with the service of Consumer Affairs since through this page I manage to solve an issue with my cellular company. I think that this system is very well designed so that customers can establish a good communication and resolve different issues with their companies. Thank You.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We love to help people have their voice heard! I'm glad that you were able to get some help with your problem.

Original review: June 28, 2017

After over 20 attempts to contact, with no response, an online publisher (like Google My Business, Yelp, yp, etc.), to seek a resolution to a malicious "review" of my business, I resorted to rating the company who ignored me through ConsumerAffairs. Finally one of the company's reputation managers contacted me through ConsumerAffairs whereby a fine-for-now resolution was achieved. Small business owners do not have the time nor resources to try to stop cyber-bullies. Thankfully, ConsumerAffairs gave me a voice so big business could hear me. Business reputation is important, even for the big fish!

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're glad you wrote about it too! We hope you'll continue to use ConsumerAffairs to share your experiences with products and services.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I am glad that I wrote about the D2C MARTINSBURG D2 HARTFORD issue. I did receive a phone call on 06/27/2017 from an associate, but it scared me when she said it could be someone "phishing" since the package was not from them. At least it was public and hopefully scams can be stopped.

Hi Barbara,

We actually have a way for you to respond privately to the brand as many times as you want without posting a resolution. I will be following up with you via email to give you step by step instructions on how to do this.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 19, 2017

I left a review (La-Z-Boy complaint) about all the problems with this company and they responded with BS but when I tried to leave a response to their comment the only way was to respond ended up marking it as RESOLVED which it definitely was NOT!

Hi Kevin,

At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. Your review was unable to be published because it had already been published on other websites. We'd love for you to write a new, unique review to share with our readers!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 18, 2017

I posted a negative review of Re-Bath Tucson that ConsumerAffairs put on hold and refused to publish. I have contacted them through their website and on Facebook Messenger for an explanation as to why they blocked my review. They have not responded to any of my requests. Re-Bath uses ConsumerAffairs reviews on its website to show how "good" they are. I believe they pay ConsumerAffairs. Therefore, ConsumerAffairs censors any bad reviews. I would love to be proved wrong, but so far, ConsumerAffairs won't respond to me... so they too are getting a negative review. I think they are a big fraud!!! They protect companies who give them money from bad reviews!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We at ConsumerAffairs believe that everyone deserves to make smart decisions and hope that we can help consumers connect with the companies that they have done business with.

We're glad you were able to get your problem resolved!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I am very happy with the assist I got with Consumer Affairs for helping me resolve an issue. The response from Consumer Affairs was very prompt. Which facilitated a quick response from the company I had an issue with... I love how you can help provide guidance to others and still reach out to the companies. You guys make life easier for consumers. I recommend anyone using Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

That's great, Phyllis! We're glad we could help keep you cool.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a experience with my warranty company getting my A.C. repaired. Started reading reviews and I came across ConsumerAffairs and how to post about my situation. I assume the company watches these reviews and reached out to me. At the end of the day thanks to ConsumerAffairs for posting and thanks to my warranty company. I will not be in the heat much longer.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're glad that posting a review for American Airlines on our site was able to help you get a refund!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Thanks so much for your great help ConsumerAffairs. American Airlines took good care of refund on my airplane tickets. I know ConsumerAffairs have power to request American Airlines to do so. I greatly appreciate ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your story, Mable. We love helping consumers have their voice heard!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 15, 2017

I had a bad experience with a major diet company so I wrote a review of the problem and posted it on the ConsumerAffairs website. Within just a few days, the company saw my review as did thousands of people. My money was refunded and my complaint was successfully resolved. I feel ConsumerAffairs gave me a voice that was much larger than my own. Thank you...

Resolution In Progress

Hi Theresa,
Unfortunately we do not have profile pages for every company and product available to purchase or do business with. Absolute Lath & Stucco is a company that we do not yet have a profile page for. This is why your review for them has not been published.

Additionally, our policy is to only publish one review per brand per consumer. This means that your first Home Advisor review was published, but subsequent reviews from you for Home Advisor cannot be published.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 13, 2017

I'm just wondering why my reviews are still on hold? I'm also wondering why I'm having such a hard time getting my experiences with Absolute Lath & Stucco, HomeAdvisor and American Indemnity Contractor Bond Co. published. If there's any question about my credibility, I would like to know what it is so I can respond to it. I don't know why but I thought ConsumerAffairs was one place I could go to. It looks like other people won't have the chance to avoid the problems I've had since May 2016.

Thanks for giving me a sounding board. But it doesn't seem work. But at least people will know the truth about this corporation of otc@otcstores.com and good for this ceo for taking responsibility. Thanks ConsumerAffairs.

Can not find 1 one star complaint on Choice Home Warranty that has not been semi-redacted/hidden by very light type. ConsumerAffairs is bought and paid for by the companies on their site. They can not be relied upon.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We are happy to help! Connecting consumers with brands is what we love to do. Thank you for sharing your success story here where others can see it.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 8, 2017

Several months ago I purchased a mattress and foundation from Ashley Furniture. The product was poor quality and was also misrepresented as to the warranty. After trying to resolve this matter with Ashley myself with no luck I reached out to Consumer Affairs. Within days I received response from Ashley Customer Care to resolve the issue. At this time the issue has been completed and I completely believe if it weren't for Consumer Affairs it would have never been solved. Thank you for your help!

I have to say if it wasn't for ConsumerAffairs, I don't know if my issue with my recent security alarm service could've been resolved. I want to reach out and say: "Thank you so much, ConsumerAffairs.com for your web page, and in helping people like myself resolve issues between businesses and their customer's." After this experience I've gone through, in which had a very happy ending, I'm going to highly recommend to my family & friends, that if they are having any problems/issues with their service provider's that do any kind of service in their home, to go to ConsumerAffairs.com. Their website helped me and it can help you too.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your experience! We at ConsumerAffairs strive to be a bridge between brands and consumers to help improve everyone's experiences.

We hope you'll continue to use ConsumerAffairs to research purchasing decisions and to share other experiences with brands, products and services.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 2, 2017

I happened upon ConsumerAffairs when looking for the company that built my swimming pool. In the throes of frustration, I found that I could write a review. Of course I was dissatisfied with the company and proceeded with a scathing review of their work. I wrote the review on a Saturday and by Tuesday the company was calling me! It should be noted that the company had not contacted me in over 10 years.

I have to say this is the route to take if you want your voice heard. While my review of the pool company was years too late, ConsumerAffairs made certain my concerns were addressed and I was given the opportunity to vent. While I am still dissatisfied with the company I reviewed, I am ecstatic with ConsumerAffairs.com! Sometimes we just need to be heard. Many thanks to ConsumerAffairs.com!

I am very pleased with ConsumerAffairs assistance in helping me resolve an issue. The response from ConsumerAffairs was very prompt. Which facilitated a quick response from the company I had an issue with. I recommend anyone using ConsumerAffairs!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for sharing your experience here! We love hearing when we get to help consumers, like you, resolve problems. We understand that waiting to see your review post can be frustrating. It is important that all of our reviews go through the moderation process, but recognize that we could do better. We are actively working on ways to improve how quickly and effectively we can publish reviews.

Thank you again for using ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 26, 2017

I posted a review of a company with which I was having some difficulty getting a refund for a non-service. I found ConsumerAffairs a little slow in posting; it took 6 days from when I had written the review until it was actually posted. However I imagine they have very many reviews to moderate. Apart from that, I was very happy with the service they offered and they provided me with the opportunity to progress and resolve my issue when the company was not responding appropriately. Thank you. I would recommend your service to others.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Profile