Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ConsumerAffairs.com

Patricia, we're so happy to hear you were able to resolve your issue.

In addition to the latest consumer news & recalls, we're publishing new consumer resources & best match tools to help you seamless shopping experiences every time.

Thank you & we look forward to your future reviews.

- The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I was shocked at the immediate response in assisting me with an issue that has now been resolved and I was very pleased with the after service. ConsumerAffairs kept communicating with me every step of the way and I have to admit that this service is by far the best I've used in a very long time, and I truly commend the work being done. Thanks again to everyone and I truly wish you much success. Regards.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Louise, we're happy to help! Thank you for such a great review.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for news, reviews & resolutions in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I submitted a dispute with THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, CONSUMER AFFAIRS & other agencies. THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU was not able to resolve my dispute. CONSUMER AFFAIRS was able to resolve my dispute quickly & successfully. At all times they informed me during every step & process. THANK YOU CONSUMER FOR BEING A VOICE FOR CONSUMERS.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Linda, we love to hear about successful resolutions.
Our goal is to mend the broken relationship between a brand & their consumer.
Remember reviews aren't just for negative experiences, you can leave glowing reviews for brands that have exceeded your expectations too!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 11, 2016

While I was unable to obtain any real help from the company I wrote a review about using chat on their site, within 24 hours of publishing a review on ConsumerAffairs.com, the company contacted me and worked hard to resolve my problem. It is too bad that some companies only respond with help when you give them a bad review, however, ConsumerAffairs.com can help to obtain a fair resolution.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Rob, we are glad to hear ConsumerAffairs was able to connect you with 39dollarglasses and they were able to resolve your issue and credit your future purchase.

We hope to continue being your chosen platform for consumer resources and issue resolution.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I had an issue with 39dollarglasses.com and wrote a review describing my previous experience with 39dollarglasses (excellent) and the situation I was in the middle of (disappointing). Around the time my glasses were finally shipped I got an email from 39dollarglasses saying that they were giving me a credit toward a future purchase. I've ordered a spare pair of glasses, and this time they were finished very promptly. Through it all consumeraffairs.com was in contact with me several times and seemed to be trying to make sure things stayed fair and reasonable.

Hi Dianne!

We are so glad to hear that posting a review on our site was able to help you get your refund! One of our major goals is to act as a bridge between consumers and brands to help create better customer service for everyone! We are always happy to hear that it's working.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 22, 2015

I was charged for a room I had cancelled. I did so verbally and in writing a week before the intended stay. My credit card was charged and when I called HotelPlanner.com they seemed to have no record of my call or email and would not refund my money. Fortunately I had saved the email and contacted ConsumerAffairs.com. Once the review was posted I was contacted by HotelPlanner.com within a couple of days. Shortly after that my credit card was credited for the incorrect charge. Thank you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

ConsumerAffairs.com

James, that's wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients.

Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences can praise brands for exceptional service as well.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I am very pleased that I submitted my issue to ConsumerAffairs.com. It got the attention of Vonage Business and incented them to correct the issue I was having. The issue was not getting any attention from Vonage Business and I had been pursuing a solution for many months (if not a year). Submitting my complaint to ConsumerAffairs.com via a review of Vonage Business afforded me the attention I needed (or Vonage Business needed) to correct the issue. My only regret is that I didn't submit the review to ConsumerAffairs.com sooner. It would have saved me a lot of time and energy... Thank you ConsumerAffairs.com!

Resolution In Progress

ConsumerAffairs.com

Frank, we are sorry you are disappointed with the reviews insurance companies have on our site. However, as an objective third-party review site, we cannot control the reviews consumers leave.

We do our best to offer resources in addition to consumer reviews to help you make educated & informed decisions though.

For example, we have an expert review guide that might help you find the right brand for your needs. You can see it here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/health.html#guide-reviews

We hope this assists you & can help you find a policy that fits your needs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

All your reviews are negative on every insurance company. Not only is that depressing, but it leaves me not knowing where to go. It seems like I have to just stick with the insurance company I have and pray that I don't get really sick and pray that they will cover me if I do.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Chris, we are so happy we could be part of your resolution process.

Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences but to praise brands for exceptional service as well.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

This did the trick! After having a poor experience with ADT I took to this site to warn others of my experience. I really didn't expect any more than satisfaction that I aired my grievances but I got a response from ADT and they resolved my issues. This website works! Will use again if need be.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Bob, we are happy to help.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for news, reviews & resolution in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Successful Intervention! Consumer Affairs precipitated a shipping and handling, as well as a "fee", refund from a vendor from whom I purchased a watch, without my even knowing they did this!!! I will be much more inclined to use Consumer Affairs in the future should the need arise. Thank you, Consumer Affairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Roger, we appreciate you reaching out to us with this insight. We value feedback from our community. We are looking into this further to ensure we produce the most accurate information possible.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I just received and read in ConsumerAffairs newsletter piece on how consumers using coupons of branded drug manufacturers pay more than they would pay for generics, the point of the article that consumers are being misled. The author remarks that brand drug manufacturers price branded drugs as high as possible and take advantage of consumers in that regard, and with the coupons. The piece you posted is inaccurate, misleading, and potentially dangerous. First, I am a consumer, have no relationship of any kind to any drug manufacturer, don't own their stock (unless in a mutual fund) and am not here to defend them.

But your reporter says generics drugs are equivalent to branded drugs, because they have the same basic ingredients. That is, in a number of cases, a false statement. In 2012, after 5 years of dragging its feet, the FDA ordered two or three generic versions of ** off the market, after consumer reported being switched from the brand to generic by their insurers, and going into deep depression that had been under control before the switch. The FDA finally acknowledged that how the contents of ** is delivered - the release mechanism, which can involve "the fillers" - is key to whether the drug works, and testing of generics showed those 2 or 3 did not release in the bloodstream the fully or effectively. The FDA ordered the manufacturers to cease selling them.

You can through a quick Google search find the same result re **, one of the most widely prescribed antidepressants on the market. There are innumerable reports of consumers being forced to switch to generics and going back into deep depression. (I do not know if the FDA has looked at this - have no researched.)

In the past, I took both ** & experienced this. I also still take thyroid medication. And every endocrinologist I've seen says do not take generic ** (the most widely-prescribed thyroid med) - it is often made overseas, in plants with limited quality control, and sometimes the tablets do not even contain the minimum required active ingredient. They have uniformly prescribed the branded form.

Several months ago I switched to the just-released generic form of ** (a statin for cholesterol). Three weeks later I had what was likely - though not yet proven -a very adverse reaction to the generic. My doctor informed me he has since had two other patients he has had to require brand for, because, they, too, had adverse reactions to this new generic, when switched from the brand. Your reporter has it in for brand name drug companies. She, however, has clearly not researched the subject and in effect is misinforming (as did the FDA until the ** situation came back and undermined that effort) the public.

As it happens, I recall a report that the US manufacturers develop about 75% of all new medications. It costs a fortune - and one reason some branded drugs don't have the side effects and do work as intended because they have spent hundreds of millions developing them. Your reporter appears to have overlooked, that too. No doubt many generics are fine replacements for brand. But it is a disservice to represent that as being universal. And there are plenty of "victims" out there who have been forced to switch and pay the price.

I know from personal experience that insurers are not always "innocent" in pricing drugs - and no doubt branded manufacturers - along with generic manufacturers - gouge. It is common knowledge in the pharmaceutical industry that some insurers pharmacy benefit managers make more selling generic meds than branded meds. I hope ConsumerAffairs will update in some fashion its article, to provide a complete, unbiased view of the subject.

ConsumerAffairs.com

William, we are sorry you feel that way. The reviews that are greyed out are still legible for consumers to read.

We have the highest standard for reviews & each review is verified to ensure it's an authentic experience. Accredited brands have the opportunity to reach out to these consumers in their moment of need to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, when LegalShield reached out to the consumers in question they were unresponsive or could not validate they were a paying client. As you can tell by LegalShiled's responses on site, their attention to the customer helps earn this rating.

We hope this helps clear things up for you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

Your site is pretty useless, when it provides only positive info in an easy to read format, while "greying out" all negative information. Are companies paying you to "paint a great picture". I was pretty disappointed. I was looking into LegalShield. No one's reputation can be this stellar.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Roberta, we are so sorry you had that experience. Our best match tools entire goal is to find you a reputable company with the least amount of hassle on your part.

I will forward this on to our team to see why this may have happened.

Thank you for your patience. We hope to continue to be a source of consumer news, reviews & shopping assistance for you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

I answered the questions to find a match to a mortgage company...refinance, house in Edmonds WA. It wanted to know how much of a downpayment I was making and gave me lenders in Sacramento, CA. Obviously it didn't use the answers I gave to the questions it asked.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Donna, we are so happy we could be part of your solution.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I recommend everyone use ConsumerAffairs as it does help get things resolved. It helped me resolve something that I'd been trying to for two years.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello Rachel, thank you for reaching out to ConsumerAffairs. When a review is written, the brand they are reviewing will often to reach to them via email. If they do not respond after multiple outreach attempts or prove they made the purchase in question, then we cannot verify the review.
Unlike other review sites where anyone can write anything & it is assumed to be true, we have a verification process so that our reviews are not only trustworthy but have been vetted to ensure the person genuinely had said experience & isn't just blowing off steam.
We encourage you to review a number of companies on our site to see the difference in a verified statement that was resolved & a complaint where the reviewer refused to communicate.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions your may have.

Thank you.

The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I just noticed that you take critical reviews and mark them with a big red mark that says "Not Verified as True." Interesting it is never on a 5 star review. Not sure you are operating anywhere near your reputation. Integrity matters and you will lose business because new generations are not dumb.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello Allison. Thank you for reaching out to ConsumerAffairs.
Reviews are often written as a result of a conflict or problem with a product or a process, this results in a low rating which in turn impacts the brands rating as a whole.
We strive to be a source of truth for consumers, allowing them a platform to speak out, be heard & assist other consumers in making informed decisions.

We hope you will take the time to explore our site to see ConsumerAffairs truly has your back as a consumer.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I click on a businesses' name under a given category and it takes me to a competitor's Google ad? Some companies will show that the rating is only based on a percentage of the reviews? Company reviews are not updated regularly? The list of top rated companies will show companies with a 1 star rating? This site is riddled with inconsistencies and misleading info. Any review site that makes money off advertising can't be trusted.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Jack, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like a tech issue & we are happy to help resolve it. Are you logging into the site first or just clicking on the "write a review" link?

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Every time I try to write a review, it won't post. The response is always "We don't recognize your e-mail." However!!! I can log on to your web page with the very e-mail address that you claim you don't recognize. What gives???

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hi Bill, thanks for your feedback. We will be in touch with you shortly.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Your consumer minutes are extremely out of date. One of them mentions the Echo backpack blower recall, which happened in Feb. 2012, not to mention Best Buy store closings! Radio is already stale and full of endless repeat programming, so how about getting up to date?

ConsumerAffairs.com

Flora, we're happy you were able to help resolve your issue.
Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences, you can leave glowing reviews for brands that have exceeded your expectations too!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

Found important product information - I wrote a review about the frustration I was having with my extended warranty company and because ConsumerAffairs published my review, I got a call from them the next day anxious to resolve the issue which they had told me that they had no way of resolving. Haa!!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Lynne, we're happy to help.
Be sure to write some reviews of your own to help other consumers make better decisions too.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

It is great to know that there is a company like Consumer Affairs where you can go to read real reviews from real people before deciding on a product or service. Puts your mind at ease knowing what experiences others have had with a product or company before you spend your hard earned money on something.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Dianna, we're happy you were able to help resolve your issue.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

When I posted a complaint about Empire Home Services on Consumer Affairs, I heard from the company within 24 hours. And Consumer Affairs enabled me to follow up online with a review of the company's reaction to my complaint. Consumer Affairs really does have influence.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Marilois, we appreciate you recommending us we're happy you were able to help resolve your issue.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

ConsumerAffairs acted as a mediator between myself and an exploitative company, and helped resolve the issue within a week. I would recommend them to anyone and have already recommended them to a friend.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Patti, we're happy we helped resolve your issue.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Action Oriented Site - I am so grateful that this site is available to consumers. Businesses take reviews seriously, and I appreciate that.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hi Catherine, I reviewed your account & it shows all your submitted reviews have been published. The only exception is what appears to be a duplicate review of a company you had already submitted the exact same review for the same day.

You are welcome to view your published reviews in your dashboard upon logging into our site.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Review was written and denied by ConsumerAffairs. True facts written and ConsumerAffairs denied to publish.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Lisa, we are sorry you feel this way but our focus is the consumer. Brands can become accredited with ConsumerAffairs the same way they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau & other business organizations.
After a consumer leaves a review, the brand has the opportunity to reach out & resolve the issue. It is then between the consumer & the brand to resolve.
If an issue has been resolved, the score can be adjusted but the original post & rating are still present.

We hope you continue to use ConsumerAffairs as your go-to resource for reviews, news & recalls.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

The site is called 'Consumer'Affairs but businesses pay an annual fee to be alerted to posts that name them and to then have the last word. Consumers are not given an opportunity to respond or to provide any further details or evidence. Maybe if consumers were also able to pay for the privilege, we'd be fairly heard?

ConsumerAffairs.com

Margaret, the registration process is to help ensure our guests only receive the emails they are interested in.
After the initial sign up there are no more q&a before you write a review, only upon account creation.
We hope you continue to use ConsumerAffairs as a resource for news, reviews & recalls.

Remember, reviews can be positive too. If a brand exceeded your expectations, be sure to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I was required to select from category of things I'm not interested in just to file on the complaint on ConsumerAffairs website. THEN you'd like me to rate my experience? Apparently individuals already have issues, that's why they're seeking out this website. You should be a little more considerate than having them go a tedious and computer space consuming process.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Renee, we're happy you were able to help resolve your issue.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I had a problem with a site that I feared was a scam to get my money and return no service. I reviewed the site on ConsumerAffairs and BOOM the site got back to me and refunded my money and apologized for the oversight where my needs had not been filled. So I can only say this site ROCKS! Highly recommended.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Janice, thank you for sharing your story!
We're glad we could be part of your resolution process.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I was having a problem with Mattress Firm mattresses. I saw some other people had written reviews so I joined in. I got a fast reply from Mattress Firm and my problem has been solved thanks to ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com

David, we're happy we may have helped resolve your issue.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I had a problem with a car rental company billing for money that I had already paid. Eventually this was resolved after I sent an email to the CEO, mentioning that I had filed a complaint with ConsumerAffairs.com. So, it's possible that filing a complaint with ConsumerAffairs.com influenced the final outcome.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks Robert for sharing your story. We really appreciate your feedback & are happy you were able to help resolve your issue.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I rented a car May 27-June 6, 2016 from EZRAC at Seattle Airport, WA. I noticed after returning home that I had been charged $159.90 for Renters Liability Protection, for which I don't recall having asked or signing for and would not have done so as I have my own auto insurance. Also on July 19 I noticed my credit card account having been charged $25 by EZRAC (without any advance notification to me). I called EZRAC in Seattle and they said they would get back to me by email on these charges. They never sent me anything. So I complained via ConsumerAffairs. After considerable back and forth, EZRAC settled by agreeing to refunding me $180.71 and they sent a copy of traffic violation for which the $25 had been deducted and I saw that it was within the time I had rented the car. So case closed but I'll never use EZRAC again. Thanks to ConsumerAffairs for helping me clear up this matter.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Sarah, thank you for sharing your story!
We're glad we could be part of your resolution process.
We can't wait to read your other glowing reviews as well!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

On a whim, I posted a review regarding a company I was having a problem with, not even knowing if they would see the review at all. I received a response from the company the very next morning and my issue was resolved very quickly! ConsumerAffairs is a GREAT bridge between the consumer and the company, and I plan on using it in the future for positive as well as negative experiences.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Profile