It's that easy Request Information
3.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

892 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I rated ADT. They immediately acted on it after seeing review from Consumer Affairs. I am in my review site to remove or respond to their helpfulness only to find out that I cannot edit, delete or comment. Your team has decided it does not meet criteria to be posted. Yet somehow ADT and 750 (?) other have viewed my post.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Excellent service. Providing consumers with prompt communication methods with company's management to ensure fairness and resolve. My concerns were addressed almost immediately and we were able to come to an amicable resolution with VCF.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

ConsumerAffairs was prompt and I was able to get a response from a company that I reviewed. I really appreciate their assistance and will use this website in the future. The review process was very easy to use.

Hi Debra,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Very satisfied with the manner in which our complaint was handled. Great mediator. Being that the complaint is public for all to see, it helps with getting help from an outside source where the public can view complaints and see how they are resolved. Thanks.

Hi Diane,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was supposed to be assisted in deleting one of my reviews which was put on HOLD. That was yesterday. I was told it would be resolved this morning. Then I was told I had to wait for someone to call me. Meanwhile, my funds are not be no released because of Consumer Affairs not doing their job effectively. I don’t think they are protecting consumers. Now that I know how the system works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

ConsumerAffairs was a Big Help. I like the fact that you guys get the companies to respond to the complaints and post both sides. This is a great service. I would definitely use this website in the future if I have a need to so.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My review has been sitting there since September 21st. Waiting for a response. Also this site tends to surface all the five stars reviews and the one star ones are hidden. I wonder WHO is really writing the five stars reviews? Are you guys getting paid by these companies to do this? Is this a fake site?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a warranty issue that I was trying to resolve with the dealer's (Mattress Firm) website process, but the company twice denied my claim, although it was obvious to anyone who looked that the product had failed. The interactions between the company and me were progressing at a glacial pace, and the mattress was getting worse by the day. When I googled the problem, I discovered another complaint on the ConsumerAffairs.com website from a customer who had purchased the same model mattress about a month after I did, and was having the same problem as me.

I decided to post my own experience on the site, and within a few days an executive from the company called. He expedited the review and return process, and within ten days I got a new replacement mattress delivered to my home. My use of ConsumerAffairs.com definitely turned the situation around. It's clear to me that it helps successful vendors pay attention when their customers' frustration reaches the boiling point.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I need to edit my review and there appears to be no option to do so. This is bad. If there is an option it's not easily find-able and that is bad. A simple "edit" button right next to the review in my list of reviews would be great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The response was terrific from start to finish. My problem was resolved in less than 24 hrs. with no ifs, and or buts. Nutrisystem also responded very quickly with a fast and courteous response. Great customer service from both parties.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My friend recently went blind and his card broke in half. We had a terrible time with customer service intending to mail the replacement card to an old address. This was since he had no other access to money. The problem was the customer service number kept hanging up on us. Over and over. Could not even get a human being at the corporate office.

Ran across Consumer Affairs and was relieved to see that Green Dot responded to the reviews. There was no other way to get through. Green Dot contacted us and said they couldn’t find his account info. Still a dead end but at least there’s a name and number. At the same time his card arrived and we were able to activate it. What a mess but now he has access to his money.

Hi Christopher,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your friend's resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Wow! What a horrible website! You won't even allow someone to post a complaint unless they subscribe to your newsletter. Talk about extortion! I guess there are no neutral websites or agencies to help the average person in today's world.

Hi Jo,

Thank you for reaching out! When you sign up for a free ConsumerAffairs account you have the option to also sign up for our newsletter. It is not a requirement to create an account. I hope this provides you with some clarity on the matter. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Last week I wrote a review regarding my experience with Instant Checkmate, BeenVerified, and PeopleFinders. Because of that review and the help of ConsumerAffairs I was able to receive a long overdue refund from Instant Checkmate and BeenVerified. Everyone worked together and helped resolve the issues and I am very happy with the results. Although I am still waiting to hear from PeopleFinders the other 2 companies contacted me very quickly with a resolution. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for all of your help!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

After posting a review on Consumeraffairs.com regarding my experience with a company, that company actually decided to finally try to make it right. Thanks to ConsumerAffairs, my voice was heard. I will be an avid reviewer!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I was very frustrated with my claim process with our auto insurance. Out of frustration, which was very valid and verified, I put my review on ConsumerAffairs.com. I could not believe how quickly, the insurance company responded to my review and how quickly a resolution was reached. Would this have eventually happened? I don't know. I had been in contact with our adjuster and took it up to the supervisor. All I do know is that I got a response quickly and I got the response I was hoping for. If ConsumerAffairs.com had a hand in expediting the response, I will continue to read reviews and post, the good and the bad. Thank you for the help with my issue.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Wells Fargo has been charging me numerous fees that was in fact an error on their behalf! After documenting the entire process on ConsumerAffairs Wells Fargo called me and told me that this was in fact an error in their part and they credited me $280 out of the $315 charged to me. Thank you again to ConsumerAffairs and to Brandon at Wells Fargo for making this right!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Sent in a question about why I'm getting a rate increase every 6 months. Wawanesa looked into it and came up with a slight decrease in the policy total. Their response was very quick and polite. I understand cost increases but to have them applied across the board results in some carrying others and it seems to pay to ask some questions.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

This website is terrible. There's no registration link, the only way to register is AFTER writing a review, which makes no sense at all. Then, it makes you do a Google reCAPTCHA, which almost NEVER work well and I usually end up spending at least a few minutes on them before they finally allow me to proceed, TWICE, once for the review and again for the registration. I've been trying to register for over 10 minutes now, and at this rate it may never happen. I got to the second one and wasn't able to get it to work, so I came back to edit my review about it and, what do you know, it DIDN'T KEEP IT. So I had to retype it all. Whoever designed this site needs to look for a new job, preferably far away from computers.

Hi S J,

Thank you for reaching out! You are able to create an account on our homepage by clicking the "Login" button. From there, you have the option to either sign in or create an account. I apologize you had difficulty getting your account created. We add features like reCAPTCHA to ensure that actual people are creating accounts. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

ConsumerAffairs is an advocate for the business, not the consumer. ConsumerAffairs is paid by the business to mediate between the business and the consumer with a goal to have the consumer change their low "Star" rating to a higher "Star" rating. Don't be fooled by the ratings found on the ConsumerAffairs web-page, I imagine that they are drastically over-inflated.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

"ON HOLD. Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." I wrote the truth about Net** Parts 1 and 2 and it was not published. Additionally, you failed to post my reply to the original report. Your job is to protect the CONSUMER and you failed.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out! Your original review, written 05/30/2018, was published on our site. The subsequent reviews, both written on 05/31/2018, were denied as duplicates. At this current point in time, we only allow one review per person per company. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I seriously don’t think my issue would have been resolved if it wasn’t for the intervention by ConsumerAffairs. I filed a complaint only because I felt I had reached the end of the line and everyone had done everything they could on my end to get my prescriptions filled by Express Scripts. Within 24 hours Express Scripts reaches out to me after hearing from ConsumerAffairs and within 3 days my prescriptions were filled and approved for the rest of my life. I’m not even sure how I ended up on ConsumerAffairs' website - but I am so happy I did! Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it very very much.

Hi Anne,

We are happy that you have been able to fully utilize the services we offer! We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I submitted a review of a product which has proven very unsatisfactory for the friend of mine who needs it. I bought a Jitterbug Flip, a phone designed and marketed for seniors, for a 95 year old friend. An earlier review of the selling company's unfriendly and misleading product pricing has been liked by over 30 people so far. My negative review of how the phone does not work for my friend has been put "On Hold" - apparently forever. Note indicates that review "doesn't meet requirements" for publication. My understanding is that too many published negative reviews may have the Brand withdraw their support for ConsumerAffairs for Brands. So much for honesty.

Hi Clint,

Thank you for reaching out! Your second review was placed on hold so that the information could be added to your original review. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

On rare occasions, I am unable to resolve a problem with a company through normal channels. Twice in the last year, I've gone to ConsumerAffairs for help and received a message from the company in a few days. Both problems were resolved to my satisfaction without dealing with human speedbumps/roadblocks. Great to know I have this last resort option!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

What a fantastic service this organization provides. I thought for sure that after my concerns had fallen on deaf ears at my cell phone provider that I would simply be venting on this site for all to see. Guess what, that provider called me and we worked things out to my satisfaction after they saw my review. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!!!

Hi Raymond,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This is a good resource for issues that need help resolving. If you just looking to leave a review or a dispute resolution, this is a great avenue for both options. I feel much better knowing I got the help I needed instead of letting it go and being upset and out money.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had a recent problem with a large company that refused to reimburse me for a large sum of money I ended up spending outside of our contractual agreement. Within a day or two of posting my negative review of this company on the ConsumerAffairs website, the company was made aware of my poor review... I was contacted by that company and my issue was resolved to my satisfaction. This would not have happened without ConsumerAffairs. I strongly encourage everyone to use this tool if you can’t find resolution on your own.

Hi Erika,

Thank you for reaching out! I am so happy that we are able to help in your resolution. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews in the future!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I never knew about ConsumerAffairs until my TiVo stopped working (some apps wouldn't open). Call after call to TiVo techs was useless. Things changed dramatically after I wrote a very negative review of TiVo's lack of service to fix my problem. I actually received a phone call from a tech supervisor. I followed her advice and the problem as of now is fixed. Thanks, Consumer Affairs for our speedy protection of consumers. You are a A+ in my book.

Hi Albert,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had written on here in response to an injustice done to me due to what transpired on 8/08/2018. As some have read the reviews it was a wrong that should have been righted. I'm here to tell you because of ConsumerAffairs stepping in and repeated attempts by myself and an advocate from my bank, InTown Suites has returned the money I had paid out. A big thank you for ConsumerAffairs for making this happen. If it were not for you guys I think it would have been a loss for this man since the money returned will help out on surgery that was performed this past Monday, so I say again thank you so much ConsumerAffairs for posting and helping out.

Hi Cholti,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

At first I couldn’t respond to my review on NDR, but after navigating the sign-up process I found it easy to respond and write other reviews. However, it would’ve been even easier if it prompted me to make an account before I wrote my first review.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand your concern. In the past, we allowed users to simply write a review and verify their email address. Since June of 2013, we now ask all consumers to create an account on our site for the following reasons:
-We'll be able to contact you if we need to ask a follow-up question.
-You can track the progress of your review anytime.
-Companies respond more frequently to reviews from customers with verified contact information.
-A company can contact you privately to resolve your issues.
-You don't have to fill in your contact information again for each new review.
-When the company has resolved your review, you can post a follow-up message.

I am happy to hear that you were able to get your account fully setup. We hope to continue to be you source for consumer new and reviews in 2018 and beyond!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

There is an censor in action. Censors are evil. Only totalitarian countries and totalitarian activities censor. I prefer trustpilot.com which is based in Denmark because at Trustpilot my review is published immediately without any totalitarian censor.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information