ConsumerAffairs.com Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (6)
View More View More
ConsumerAffairs.com Request Information

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Due to this site my voice was heard by the company that didn't listen before. I think is a very good website, fair in helping people like me to have their voice heard. Maybe needs more channels open towards the customers into the fields that have the most complains on this site. Very many thanks from me for the help provided.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

You're very welcome, Lucian! And many thanks to you for your kind words and helpful feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I tried working directly with Century Link to get a service added to my landline. Both Century Link agents I spoke with said I would have to upgrade my service and pay significantly more money per month. So that's when I complained on Consumer Affairs. A Century Link agent got in touch with me and worked to resolve my complaint, so I was able to add the service and just pay the added cost of the service without having to upgrade my landline basic plan. It's working and I'm happy and appreciate Century Link working with me. I really appreciate the fact that I could only get the desired result by working with Consumer Affairs first!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Cathy! We are so relieved you were able to get such a positive outcome from Century Link by posting a review on ConsumerAffairs.com!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Got quick response from the company I was reviewing. This site helps call out businesses that do bad work. The reviews on other products also is very helpful. Glad I found this site. I will use it often in the future.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hey Beverly! We're excited to have a new fan of our website! We're glad to have you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I never write reviews even though I read all I can before I pick up a new service or product. I had such a bad experience with a service that I HAD to write to warn others. Within a day, the company had 2 separate reps call us. They dealt with the issue and were able to come to a resolution we were both ok with. We had already sent a dozen emails and called several times with no help in sight. I was honestly looking for a place to vent but this was a place that even the company we were having issues with was looking at! Our company called US!!! I will look to post more reviews because it really does help. The good and the bad!!! I am still really amazed that the company was on here looking. ConsumerAffairs.com is a great thing!!!!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Bobbi! We are so glad to hear you are using reviews to educate yourself before making a purchase and that you were able to reach a resolution after leaving a review on ConsumerAffairs.com! We appreciate you using our website to post reviews to educate other consumers. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I tried for two weeks to get the ISP provider (Suddenlink) to correct problems with my internet installation. The result of repeated long conversations on the phone sometimes several a day was at the end of the day, silence. Nothing was done or offered to remedy the situation. It was the same answer, "It must be your equipment" or "We will set up an appointment for a tech", no tech. A tech did show up and blamed, you got it, my modem/router which had been checked prior to his visit, end result tech charge of $64.50. I sent a review of the ISP to Consumer Affairs. The company (Suddenlink) responded to my review. Within six days of the review Suddenlink had corrected all the problems and without a single phone call. I thank Consumer Affairs for the ability to contact Suddenlink through these reviews and effect the answer to my concerns.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Yes! We love to hear stories about consumers getting help through our platform and about brands solving problems reported here! Glad to hear you're back up and running!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

This site is great! I had an issue with a company and got the run-around with company. I left a (truthful) review on Consumer Affairs and the company contacted me very promptly with a representative that was very helpful and same representative worked with me until my issue was resolved. I updated my review from initial 1 star rating to the full 5 stars after my experience with the rep that consumer affairs was able to have contact me. I would recommend anyone else getting lost in the cracks of a large Corp CSR to try using this site to get their attention and hopefully a resolution to their issue. Thanks Consumer Affairs!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

You folks are amazing! After trying unsuccessfully for three months to receive a refund from McAfee for a product I did not order, I posted a complaint on your site this morning. They must monitor your site, because this afternoon I received a phone call from them promising me a full refund. Thank you so much!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Barbara! Thank you! We're so happy to hear posting a review on our website resulted in a positive outcome for you. We wish you the best of luck with the rest of your resolution. :)

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

When searching AKC Breeders there is often no name or no last name of the breeder, no kennel name etc. How are these reviews supposed to be useful? If readers are relying on Consumer Affairs to provide useful info so we can avoid bad AKC breeders then Consumer Affairs should name breeders and kennels.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I'm not going to go into detail about the issue itself, but what I will say is how posting that complaint with Consumer Affairs affected that issue. Within a couple of hours of posting a detailed complaint, I received phone calls and an email from a company representative. The issue was immediate addressed and resolved. I have never posted a complaint that was resolved so speedily as it was resolved filing on Consumer Affairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Howard! We are delighted to hear you used our platform to share your experience with a company and that resulted in a positive resolution for you. Thanks for leaving some positive comments about us too! :)

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I registered with an email but review didn't show up. I had a 10 email correspondence with a rep (Stacy **) from Consumeraffairs.com and she did not answer any of my questions. Still can't access my first review and she still has not helped me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We looked into the email thread and it appears there was some miscommunication on our part. We'll be following up with you privately to further discuss and get your problem resolved so you can manage your reviews from within your account.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information