Learn More

3.6/5 (76 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I was checking my email I seen Consumer Affairs has an email for me. It say How to choice car warranty. I am in a shopping of car warranty so I open it. There is a suggestion of what company I have to get warranty after I type in my vehicle information. To my surprise it was low price. I like it unfortunately I don't have my debit card yet. But for sure when I receive my debit card I come back to this site and buy the warranty for my car. Or I will call them now and negotiate to pay later.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Lourdes, Thank you for reaching out and sharing this awesome feedback with us. It is our goal to provide you with a great experience on our website for many years to come. We appreciate you! :)

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

After contacting JG Wentworth and having a CSR hang up on me and still not receiving a payment that was over two weeks late, I wrote my review. Consumer Affairs contacted them and the day my review was posted (9 days later) I was contacted by a representative from JGW and my check arrived overnight via FedEx 24 hours later. I am sure I would still be waiting had I not gotten outside help.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi, We are so happy to hear that you were able to find a resolution by using out platform. Thank you for this great feedback!

Resolution response: March 22, 2021

I received my deposit and everything is fine though I have seen a lot and offered assistance to those dealing with similar issues on the established discussion groups on Facebook. I know that you are overwhelmed and likely were not prepared for the stampede that was to ensue and I know that you the company are truly doing the best you can. I would simply have liked better communication than I received. You can't simply not answer your phone and stop responding to emails when you are holding the key to many people literally survival or lifeline. I appreciate that I received what I needed and wish you the best.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

They acted promptly and produced a positive outcome in 48 hours! I recommend to anyone experiencing a consumer issue. I am still amazed that they were able to deliver a positive outcome so quickly. #applause

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi, We are so happy to hear that you were able to receive a positive resolution from using our review platform. Thank you for choosing us to help you. :D

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I'm so thankful that there's a place that gives consumers an outlet to share their feedback on businesses. Sometimes we as consumers get treated unfairly by big businesses and are left feeling helpless. Like no one cares. Consumer Affairs gives us a voice. They have a great reputation and "most" businesses care about their rating on sites like this one & the BBB. This site helps with justice for all. Thanks for being there for us "little guys". We appreciate all you do! Thanks for helping me keep online businesses honest! Keep up the good work!!!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Di! Thank you for this awesome feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words. We are so happy to hear that our platform has helped you. :)

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Very interesting. Easy to sign up. Recommended for all. Excited to see what's next and how things go. A+. Only problem I'm having is getting my profile picture up. Still seeing how website works but have a good feel looking overall.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jill! Thank you for the kind feedback!

I can definitely help you update your profile picture!
    1. Head to https://www.consumeraffairs.com/account/settings/.
    2. Select how you'd like to login
    3. Click on the “Change your photo” button
    4. Choose from 3 different ways to update your photo (upload new image, choose from list of social logins, or add a new social login)

5. Select "Update information" to save change.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I explained my situation with a vendor and it gets rejected with NO explanation. My guess, you are working for 8x8 and choose not to be partial. Whatever ConsumerAffairs, now I know better about YOUR company's motive.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Why are my experience put on hold when I write about Freedom Debt Relief ??? My first one I wrote was put out there, all true. It has reached over 11000 views. But now everything is on Hold. Why is this, has Freedom Debt Relief asked you not to print them??? Because the truth is bad on them!!! Your consumers needs to know how they are!!! They tell them what they want to hear in the start, then you're on your own. Judgments and all. They do not get with their own lawyers to help you...Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I want to start off by saying I have had 4 of my honest reviews REMOVED by the “Moderation team”. All of the reviews claim they “do not meet their guidelines.”

These reviews were ONLY of companies that PAY CONSUMERAFFAIRS.COM for advertising. These are honest reviews and I wanted them made public. The private responses are unacceptable. How is a real review true and honest when all the details are kept private???? Only the ones that seem to be supporting this website will be deleted. After over 4500 views of my original review why must the entire thread be kept private. Now the company has stopped responding after proof of their mistakes however this website will not and refuses to make real news public. Sunrun is a paid sponsor of Consumeraffairs. Do your homework on both companies.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I had a problem with a prescription drug supplier and to my surprise a Consumer Affairs review did wonders to resolve the problem. The company responded to the dissatisfaction and indignation I had expressed at being charged for something that I could not use and so I would like to thank Consumer Affairs as well as the drug company.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

This site is a joke! I'm sure this review along with others I've left on poor companies with poor and unethical services, will now be deleted too. Why are my reviews disappearing? Isn't that the point, that we get to review bad experiences too? Or do you just delete those as if they never happened? What a joke!

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information