Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Wilfrid,

We are so glad that you've been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you'll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

We've Got Your Back,

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have used ConsumerAffairs as a service to buy things in the past. And their opinion has helped me buy everything from beds, to TV's, to the current car we own. However it never allowed me to understand the most powerful tool it gives you. It gives you the ability to reach out and speak directly to the companies you need to speak with. They are a neutral party that helps voices be heard on issues you have and hopefully work towards a resolution in a way that works best for both parties. People can say they are a shrill for who pays them the most money but in my experience they were a tool to help my voice be heard and get a resolution that worked best for me and my family.

ConsumerAffairs.com

That's wonderful to hear, Maria. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients.

Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences can praise brands for exceptional service as well.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Very grateful to have this consumer platform in which to review companies. Whether reviewing other comments while investigating whether to do business with a potential new company, or to be used as a platform in which to share experiences, I find it to be a very helpful tool. I appreciate that I heard back from the company I was having an issue with - it gave me the opportunity to request assistance on a whole other level than just calling the customer service number and not really getting much satisfaction. Thank you, Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Rebekah, we are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases.

We hope to continue being your source for consumer news & reviews in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I am very thankful that I was able to utilize ConsumerAffairs as a platform to reveal my situation. The fact that ConsumerAffairs is well-respected and viewed by thousands of both companies and consumers speaks volumes. The company saw my post on ConsumerAffairs, addressed and resolved our concerns. Going forward I will be using ConsumerAffairs before making other large purchases. Thank you ConsumerAffairs because I do not think I would have had such a quick and positive outcome if your organization were not the mediator!

ConsumerAffairs.com

That's great, Phyllis! We're glad we could help keep you cool.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had a experience with my warranty company getting my A.C. repaired. Started reading reviews and I came across ConsumerAffairs and how to post about my situation. I assume the company watches these reviews and reached out to me. At the end of the day thanks to ConsumerAffairs for posting and thanks to my warranty company. I will not be in the heat much longer.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your story, Mable. We love helping consumers have their voice heard!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 15, 2017

I had a bad experience with a major diet company so I wrote a review of the problem and posted it on the ConsumerAffairs website. Within just a few days, the company saw my review as did thousands of people. My money was refunded and my complaint was successfully resolved. I feel ConsumerAffairs gave me a voice that was much larger than my own. Thank you...

Resolution In Progress

Hi Theresa,
Unfortunately we do not have profile pages for every company and product available to purchase or do business with. Absolute Lath & Stucco is a company that we do not yet have a profile page for. This is why your review for them has not been published.

Additionally, our policy is to only publish one review per brand per consumer. This means that your first Home Advisor review was published, but subsequent reviews from you for Home Advisor cannot be published.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 13, 2017

I'm just wondering why my reviews are still on hold? I'm also wondering why I'm having such a hard time getting my experiences with Absolute Lath & Stucco, HomeAdvisor and American Indemnity Contractor Bond Co. published. If there's any question about my credibility, I would like to know what it is so I can respond to it. I don't know why but I thought ConsumerAffairs was one place I could go to. It looks like other people won't have the chance to avoid the problems I've had since May 2016.

Thanks for giving me a sounding board. But it doesn't seem work. But at least people will know the truth about this corporation of otc@otcstores.com and good for this ceo for taking responsibility. Thanks ConsumerAffairs.

Can not find 1 one star complaint on Choice Home Warranty that has not been semi-redacted/hidden by very light type. ConsumerAffairs is bought and paid for by the companies on their site. They can not be relied upon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

ConsumerAffairs.com

We are happy to help! Connecting consumers with brands is what we love to do. Thank you for sharing your success story here where others can see it.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 8, 2017

Several months ago I purchased a mattress and foundation from Ashley Furniture. The product was poor quality and was also misrepresented as to the warranty. After trying to resolve this matter with Ashley myself with no luck I reached out to Consumer Affairs. Within days I received response from Ashley Customer Care to resolve the issue. At this time the issue has been completed and I completely believe if it weren't for Consumer Affairs it would have never been solved. Thank you for your help!

I have to say if it wasn't for ConsumerAffairs, I don't know if my issue with my recent security alarm service could've been resolved. I want to reach out and say: "Thank you so much, ConsumerAffairs.com for your web page, and in helping people like myself resolve issues between businesses and their customer's." After this experience I've gone through, in which had a very happy ending, I'm going to highly recommend to my family & friends, that if they are having any problems/issues with their service provider's that do any kind of service in their home, to go to ConsumerAffairs.com. Their website helped me and it can help you too.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your experience! We at ConsumerAffairs strive to be a bridge between brands and consumers to help improve everyone's experiences.

We hope you'll continue to use ConsumerAffairs to research purchasing decisions and to share other experiences with brands, products and services.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 2, 2017

I happened upon ConsumerAffairs when looking for the company that built my swimming pool. In the throes of frustration, I found that I could write a review. Of course I was dissatisfied with the company and proceeded with a scathing review of their work. I wrote the review on a Saturday and by Tuesday the company was calling me! It should be noted that the company had not contacted me in over 10 years.

I have to say this is the route to take if you want your voice heard. While my review of the pool company was years too late, ConsumerAffairs made certain my concerns were addressed and I was given the opportunity to vent. While I am still dissatisfied with the company I reviewed, I am ecstatic with ConsumerAffairs.com! Sometimes we just need to be heard. Many thanks to ConsumerAffairs.com!

I am very pleased with ConsumerAffairs assistance in helping me resolve an issue. The response from ConsumerAffairs was very prompt. Which facilitated a quick response from the company I had an issue with. I recommend anyone using ConsumerAffairs!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for sharing your experience here! We love hearing when we get to help consumers, like you, resolve problems. We understand that waiting to see your review post can be frustrating. It is important that all of our reviews go through the moderation process, but recognize that we could do better. We are actively working on ways to improve how quickly and effectively we can publish reviews.

Thank you again for using ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 26, 2017

I posted a review of a company with which I was having some difficulty getting a refund for a non-service. I found ConsumerAffairs a little slow in posting; it took 6 days from when I had written the review until it was actually posted. However I imagine they have very many reviews to moderate. Apart from that, I was very happy with the service they offered and they provided me with the opportunity to progress and resolve my issue when the company was not responding appropriately. Thank you. I would recommend your service to others.

I filed a complaint on ConsumerAffairs about a business that I felt was treating me unfairly. I posted my review, and within a few days the business reached out to me to resolve my complaint. This business had formerly not been interested in assisting me, but the power of the reviews on this site speaks for itself. This is a tremendous platform for consumers to ensure they are treated fairly.

I couldn't unsubscribe from an email list, I tried the automated unsubscribe and it didn't work, tried contacting a customer rep who told me I was unsubscribed, but I still got the emails. I posted a complaint on ConsumerAffairs, I got almost immediate feedback from the company, and they finally removed me. Very happy with ConsumerAffairs.

Great place to post reviews. I love how you can help provide guidance to others and still reach out to the companies. Everything was tech friendly and easy to navigate. It feels good to know you can publicly express your experiences.

Things get accomplished when a review is written on ConsumerAffairs. I have had good experiences after writing a review especially with bad companies who are trying to get over on consumers. They could get away with it in the "old days", but not anymore and a little bad publicity can change this bad behavior. There are many companies that deserve good reviews and I try to give them credit for it so they will continue to provide good services even if they never read any reviews. I have found that most of the other websites that are mostly gripe websites do very little if anything to improve a situation and most companies never respond on those websites. This is why I take my complaints or compliments to ConsumerAffairs where it will be seen. I highly recommend ConsumerAffairs. Don't waste your time on some of those other websites which I have also used and never received any results.

Hi Bob,
Thank you for reaching out! The problem you are seeing is a result of what we call "friction." To put it simply, the reviews posted online are often terribly one-sided. This is because the majority of people who go online to write a review are doing so because they are upset. People who have status quo, normal, or even good experiences, typically do not go out of their way to write reviews online. To help you out, we do have experts who compare companies and offer a break down of which companies are best suited for certain needs.
To read more about why there are so many bad reviews, you can check out this blog post that we published:

The Kenmore reviews you are reading are a result of reaching out to more of their customer base to gather reviews from people who normally wouldn't go online to write about their experience.

ConsumerAffairs goes through great lengths to ensure the authenticity of the reviews that we publish. All of the new reviews for Kenmore have been placed by verified purchasers of Kenmore products.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Reviewed reviews on dishwashers. All brands are rated with 1 to 2 stars except Kenmore which is almost 5 stars. These reviews on this brand would certainly appear to be fake reviews. Far too many recent reviews compared to reviews of other brands. No proof of purchase on the part of reviewers. Just joined ConsumerAffairs but initial impression is that info may be quite unreliable and should not be trusted.

I wrote a review of a Home Warranty company that was unfavorable, because of an experience that I had getting my repair approved. After that review, the company contacted me, and I was ultimately able to get my repair fully paid for by the warranty company. Had I not written a review on ConsumerAffairs, I may have never been reimbursed.

Hi Cheryl,

It's great to hear that your problem was able to be resolved by using our site! Fixing relationships between consumers and brands and helping people make smart decisions is what we do!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2017

Making Life Easier - I had a problem with a company and received zero satisfaction. I write about it on ConsumerAffairs and BAM! Suddenly company is willing to fix my problem, that they had caused. THANK YOU!

I wrote a review of Nutrisweet and it is hidden -- the reviews giving five stars are at the top even though they are older. I noticed many terrible reviews when I read all the reviews and many customers having the same problem I did. I would not have signed up for Nutrisystem if the other poor reviews were not buried. The reviews should be listed as most current so the consumer can be aware of recent problems. It seems that the organization being reviewed has control over which reviews are highlighted at the top -- that is not a fair/unbiased review of a company's customer satisfaction and ConsumerAffairs should not allow it!

ConsumerAffairs.com

We at ConsumerAffairs believe that everyone deserves to make smart purchasing decisions and feedback from consumers like you is crucial to making that happen! Nothing makes us more happy than hearing stories about customers and brands connecting on our site.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 27, 2017

I was unhappy with the price difference being charged once a month for the "skip the month" thing because I am Canadian but JustFab has an alternative to solve said issue. I received a timely response and was happy with the results. Thanks so much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We love when our site can help consumers and brands work things out.

The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 25, 2017

I had purchased a policy with Endurance auto warranty company. Three months I traded the covered vehicle and canceled the warranty. That portion went smoothly. I questioned Endurance about the prorated refund per the contract, no response to my e-mail. A week later I sent another e-mail, again no response. I submitted a review to ConsumerAffairs and got satisfaction within 3 days.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're glad that we could be involved in turning an unpleasant situation into a positive one! Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 21, 2017

My experience with Consumer affairs was amazing. I posted my review and I got results, in what was an unpleasant thing. I can say that it has been resolved. Thank You ConsumerAffairs for helping me on this matter.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for reaching out. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. Because your review was published on other websites, we are not able to publish it. We welcome you to write an original review of the dating site to post on ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 20, 2017

Tried to publish a good review for Nissan Legend in Syosset NY and your review department came back with "Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." Please explain. Or maybe I should blog on every social media outlet to get others opinions and same experiences with your company.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We do take great steps to ensure the authenticity of reviews that are posted to our site. It may take a few days for a review to be published, but that's just because we are making sure only real reviews get through!

Original review: April 17, 2017

It is a nice place to check and see what others are having issues with. Also nice to be able to tell others about your experience. I like the layout and the ease of writing the reviews. Glad they do verify the information before they just post. I like that it helps keep "fake" reviews from showing up. Hopefully others will read reviews.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs! We're glad we could help.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I had a delivery issue with a home supply company and I wrote a review in Consumer Affairs and they posted my issue which made the vendor come back to me to solve the issue. Consumer Affairs really helped me resolve my issue. Thank you Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're so happy that we were able to help you get the resolution you needed! Our goal is to help everyone make smart decisions about what to buy and who to do business with. Thankfully, ConsumerAffairs accredited brands are committed to using the feedback they receive from our site to help their customers.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 14, 2017

This ConsumerAffairs website helped me to get the fair resolution from the company. Without this website I would have been at a loss. No one from the company was listening to me until I posted my review about the company on the ConsumerAffairs website.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We are so pleased that you were able to reach a resolution by using our site! We strive to be a place for consumers and brands to connect and have great interactions. Hearing success stories like yours helps us know that we're helping people make better decisions!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 31, 2017

My experience with Consumer Affairs was great. The company review I submitted provoked quick resolution with the company I reviewed after I was told there was nothing more that they could do. I would definitely recommend using this site.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's feedback from consumers, like you, that help us improve the site. We are working on many improvements to our website and are excited to roll out new features soon.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 29, 2017

You don't allow individual comments about each article. At the end of each article is a comment area. It is a waste of anyone's time to try to post any specific comments about that article there. Nothing is allowed to ever post. We are all taken to a Facebook "dumping ground" where all comments are thrown into one group. A waste of my and everyone else's time.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello! Thank you for such kind words!
We're happy we could help you have your voice heard. be part of the resolution process.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2017 & beyond.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have had occasion to publish reviews a few times on this website. EVERY time, I have received a VERY fast (sometimes within HOURS) response from the reviewed company in an attempt to mitigate damage to their reputation (or lack thereof). EVERY time, the reviewed company has "bent over backwards" to resolve the issue. Some resolutions have been better than others, but the reviewed companies DID make an attempt at damage control. This is a TRULY EFFECTIVE site in which to resolve legitimate issues one has with a company, product, or service. I use it when I've exhausted all other means at my disposal and just before consulting legal counsel as a "last ditch" effort for resolution of my issues. EXCELLENT site and reactions from reviewed companies!

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have tried multiple times to post a review about a horrible online dating experience I had on an accredited website. I have tried twice and both times my review has been declined with no explanation as to why. I have read the guidelines and my review doesn't violate any of their guidelines. There are no swear words or anything bad about the review. I have posted the same review on other websites without an issue. I was only trying to inform women of the horrible experience I had to at least warn them before they join. I guess ConsumerAffairs doesn't care about actually protecting consumers at all. They seem to be biased toward certain companies, only posting negative reviews for some companies and only positive for others. I will not use this site again. I thought I was getting everyone's reviews and honest feedback, but now I do not trust their site.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Marjaneh, thank you for such kind words!

We're happy we could help you have your voice heard.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 22, 2017

I like to thank ConsumerAffairs for reflecting my thoughts and making my voice heard! Only two days after posting my review I had a phone call from the company I wrote the review about and they offered to give me a full refund and although too late regarding my initial problem, however it made me feel a lot better because ConsumerAffairs made my voice heard and somebody finally cared to reach me and explain! I think people should stand for their rights and help others with their decisions. I totally trust ConsumerAffairs and their reviews.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Profile