It's that easy Request Information
4.05/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

985 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a warranty issue that I was trying to resolve with the dealer's (Mattress Firm) website process, but the company twice denied my claim, although it was obvious to anyone who looked that the product had failed. The interactions between the company and me were progressing at a glacial pace, and the mattress was getting worse by the day. When I googled the problem, I discovered another complaint on the ConsumerAffairs.com website from a customer who had purchased the same model mattress about a month after I did, and was having the same problem as me.

I decided to post my own experience on the site, and within a few days an executive from the company called. He expedited the review and return process, and within ten days I got a new replacement mattress delivered to my home. My use of ConsumerAffairs.com definitely turned the situation around. It's clear to me that it helps successful vendors pay attention when their customers' frustration reaches the boiling point.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My friend recently went blind and his card broke in half. We had a terrible time with customer service intending to mail the replacement card to an old address. This was since he had no other access to money. The problem was the customer service number kept hanging up on us. Over and over. Could not even get a human being at the corporate office.

Ran across Consumer Affairs and was relieved to see that Green Dot responded to the reviews. There was no other way to get through. Green Dot contacted us and said they couldn’t find his account info. Still a dead end but at least there’s a name and number. At the same time his card arrived and we were able to activate it. What a mess but now he has access to his money.

Hi Christopher,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your friend's resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 20, 2018

While I was having one of the worst experiences of my life trying to get repair a leaking shower faucet that had gone for 4 months calling and asking to insurance company or plumbing company for help and getting no response, I got to the point that had no place to turn and became across ConsumerAffairs I think possible by accident, I wrote to them and review the business in question, within 24 hours somebody from the home insurance company contacted me, and began to help. It took still more than a month because even that the employee from insurance company now is interested in helping, the plumber still not cooperating. But persistence and pressure from insurance company now willing to work with me, forced plumber to come and do repair, it took about an hour to get it done, and painful 5 months wait.

Thanks to Consumer Affairs my problem was resolved, and I truly believe that if they have not got involved, my leaking shower would have never got fix, unless I give thousands of dollars as the plumbing company told me will cost for me to do in my own. Can't stop to praise Consumer Affairs for the help and assistance, would recommended with no hesitation to any person having issues with a none responsive company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel ConsumerAffairs is on the right track to protect/help the consumer when products are purchased and does not work as expected. They are a good liaison between both parties and problems can usually be resolved... depending on the product and problem. I had a problem with a smoker and could not get in touch with the manufacturer to save my life. Numerous phone calls by myself and my wife, as well as using a form on their website to address issues... all avenues failed. I then went on to ConsumerAffairs to see what others were going through and if they had the same problem as I did. I then posted my problem, and within a week the manufacturer responded to the forum post and the problem was resolved. This is where to go for product issues! Good job ConsumerAffairs!!

Hi Woody,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 11, 2018

I went back and forth with LA-Z-BOY for a year, on a piece of junk 1800.00 chair I bought. They would do NOTHING for me... UNTIL>>> A post on Consumer Affairs, and all of a sudden, after one year, they contacted me 4 times in only 5 hours! They still SUCK (LA-Z-BOY) but I would not have gotten eighteen hundred dollars back were it not for ConsumerAffairs.com. THANK YOU. And to anyone looking at LA-Z-BOY furniture... save your money and go elsewhere!

Hi Mark,

That’s wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: May 25, 2019

I am receiving tons of junk mail after providing my email address and posting a complaint about another company online. Beware if you value your privacy. 3 stars because I did hear back from the other company. We will see if the other company resolves my issue.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased a product which was not as advertised. Despite months of complaints to this company, they offered me a $12 refund for a vase on a $100 purchase. A week after I filed a complaint with ConsumerAffairs, I received a full refund.

Original review: May 18, 2019

You pick and chose on what you want to post. My review on AT&T was accurate but you don't want it seen. I think you are being biased with you reporting. If is true then print it. I would be the one liable if it was not true not you. Sounds like you are calling me a liar.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I typed up a very time-consuming review and the "captcha" timed out, then when I went to submit the review and I had to redo the captcha, it brought me back to the beginning and the review was lost. Man, I wonder how many reviews have gone lost this way, I bet a lot!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am pleased that this company exists. I have just started reviewing some of the companies that I believe deserve reviews, and this is the only company that lets me review an entire corporation, and not just a single location. There are many MANY large companies that get away with absolute atrocious behavior, and deserve to be called out on it. At the same time, I try and give credit to where credit is due, and being able to review an ENTIRE CORPORATION is absolutely invaluable to me. In this world where a corporation can buy their way out of a one star rating on every social media platform and review website, this site seems to take the bias out of the face of a company, and help represent the consumer and not the company.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My mortgage company which was in the wrong read my complaint on ConsumerAffairs and that led to a solution. I had not complained anywhere else, yet, but I was prepared to go to any length to get the company to fix my perfect credit. The mortgage company fixed the problem solely due to my ConsumerAffairs complaint. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I recently posted a negative review concerning a transaction with a discount airline ticketing firm. Within a couple of days the offending ticket agency contacted me and offered a mutually acceptable resolution to my complaint. Obviously reviews on your site not only help consumers make informed purchasing decisions but are also monitored by the reviewed vendors. My issue was satisfactorily resolved and I believe in no small part due to the public forum you provide.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

I keep trying to post a comment on various ConsumerAffairs topics, but just can't do it. I've changed my password and still can't post. It should be easy like other sites where there's a icon that says "Post" not log in and can't!

Hi Jolly Jim,

Currently we only allow users logged in with Facebook to comment on our news articles. Comments on reviews are not something we currently have capability for.

Thanks for using ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I would like to thank Tina of ConsumerAffairs for helping me with my complaint with Nutrisystem. The Nutrisystem customer service representatives wouldn't take time to listen to my complaint. I talked to more than 1 customer service rep at Nutrisystem and felt ignored. Tina with ConsumerAffairs not only listened, but wanted to rectify the situation. I would've never issued a complaint if it was my error. Thank you Tina for all your help!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 5, 2019

Your consumeraffairs.com website does NOT Work Anymore! I have been writing reviews on to your website for years and NOW when I am entering "What Company Are You Reviewing", I NOW get a message In red that states "Please select an item in the list". What the HELL is going on? Seriously speaking! The website has always worked but NOW I can no longer publish reviews on it anymore. I did call up your phone number at: 800-351-3140 and it was also disconnected. Are YOU not in business anymore or what? Please let me know. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Howard **
Executive, volunteer writer for consumeraffairs.com website

/hps

Hi Howard,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's input from consumers like you that help us continue to improve our site! Unfortunately at this time there is not a way to post a review for a company that is not already listed with our site. We realize this is frustrating and are currently working on opening up options for consumers to submit reviews for companies not yet listed with us.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We review regularly online because reviews from consumers (we HOPE are real) determine so much of our own shopping. And it seems public comments are one effective tool to get companies to understand the effects of their policies. We especially appreciate that Consumer Affairs adds an additional element of trustworthiness by signaling "verified" reviews--those from shoppers/consumers who've uploaded documents to prove our business with establishments being reviewed.

Original review: May 3, 2019

When I wrote about confusion with the Nutrisystem plans (ala carte) I didn't even realize I had written a review to ConsumerAffairs, I thought I was emailing Nutrisystem directly, but as a result I got great immediate service from Nutrisystem. Due to the ConsumerAffairs review we were able to clear things up and move forward. I think this is a good tool for keeping things honest and clear. People need to know the good and the bad before they buy. Thanks and keep up the good work, everything turned out well.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I appreciate how quickly ConsumerAffairs posted my review and the quick way in which this was resolved. I felt like I had a voice and that someone listened and reacted to my problem. Since my review was not a positive one I was afraid that it wouldn't get posted but the process worked so well that I was able to come to a good resolution to my frustrations I was feeling with the other company.

Original review: April 29, 2019

ConsumerAffairs was very helpful in resolving my dispute with Choice Home Warranty. The dispute was resolved to my satisfaction. ConsumerAffairs was good at contacting the company, notifying me of the company’s response, and tracking it to resolution.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Because of this website I was able to resolve a very frustrating experience I had with a company I was dealing with. Through this service I was finally able to get a helpful response from customer service rep from that company. Thank you so much.

Original review: April 25, 2019

While signing up for an account with the ConsumerAffairs website, the "Phone Number" field is marked as optional. Once you have created an account, however, any attempt to update your profile information will mark this field as required - preventing you from updating any information without providing a phone number. They also require a ZIP code for an account - which should not be associated with a physical location, but with a person. This makes managing honest information difficult for any transient persons. (Note: My "of **" location is not correct for this reason).

Original review: April 25, 2019

I don't feel that our problem with a vendor would have been resolved if I had not registered a complaint on the ConsumerAffairs website. It was within two days that the company contacted me to work through the billing issues we had. I had tried myself to resolve this for a couple of months! Way to go ConsumerAffairs! Will use this site going forward before I engage in any business contracts.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had an issue with Mutual of Omaha not refunding my money since November 2018. When I posted an online review with ConsumerAffairs within one month the matter became resolved. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: April 24, 2019

When unauthorized transactions appeared on our Wal-Mart card we immediately filed a dispute and were told the transactions were valid since the PIN# was used. Our money was just GONE and we were devastated. After writing a review on ConsumerAffairs.com regarding the incident, a representative reached out to us the VERY SAME DAY! Encouraging and supportive, they helped up re-open the dispute and also got our card secured from this happening again! After being left feeling violated by both the fraud and Wal-Mart MoneyCard's response to it, we finally felt believed and hopeful. You can't know what that meant to us. And today, our money was actually refunded to us. I am so happy we found ConsumerAffairs!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Was grateful that people really care what you say about them. ConsumerAffairs levels the playing field. Everything happened real fast to get issue resolved after a review was posted. I will be the first to contact ConsumerAffairs if I ever have a problem with corporate America again. Thank you. Sic 'em.

Original review: April 17, 2019

What an excellent bridge between consumer and business. The power of public awareness is loud and proud on this site. Extremely please with how quickly it produced results. I did not expect such a prompt response from the business owner/representatives.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was having one home warranty issue lingering on from almost 2 months. After starting a service request with the home warranty, no progress was made for 2 months. Then I rated the home warranty company and submitted my review at ConsumerAffairs. In my case, after that review, I was contacted by a courteous staff of the home warranty company and the issue got resolved in the following 2-3 weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have tried to contact Consumer Affairs several times through emails and phone calls with no response from them. I just want to know why they removed Maddie's story of dying after eating IAMS DOG FOOD from Oct 9 2016. I am curious, if this company is as unbiased as I thought they were on their products. I can be reached at ** or Can't put the email down, but you should have it by now. Thank you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

They stayed with me until my problem was resolved. Ok with all respond from company. They would not have respond with me without them. Hope they will be able to help others with their problems also. All companies should hold to the customer is always right. I think they are getting away with that.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was exploring ConsumerAffairs and I came to enjoy the reading content. Rating this website I give it three stars. I was very pleased with the organized resources they had available and the how to guide making it easier to explore and find what you're looking for. I do feel the pages were a bit overcrowded making it slightly difficult to focus on the the article I was reading. Besides that I enjoyed the content.

Hi Brandi,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and honest review! Feedback from consumers like you help us to continue to improve our site!

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information