Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (6)
ConsumerAffairs.com Learn More

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: June 4, 2020

Sometimes, you may feel there is no hope. Most of the time you may feel there is no way to expose unhealthy business interactions and transactions. Not so! Take the time to record your experiences by writing a review. Business Executives don't like that. Fight back for yourself and others. Telling it like it is, will help other consumers when accumulating information on poor business practices of a specific business within our community and nation. Consumer Affairs is a platform and/or vehicle for the accumulation of an ongoing record of any business that has failed to meet your expectations. Use it. It works!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Absolutely! We love having a platform that allows consumers to share their experiences with others while holding brands accountable. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: April 27, 2020

Excellent communication and assistance. I contacted ConsumerAffairs about a problem that I was having with Burger King. In less than 48 hours the problem was rectified, and it is all thanks to ConsumerAffairs. I did not expect to receive a satisfactory outcome but that is exactly what I received. I am grateful to know that ConsumerAffairs is there for the underdogs. Again thank you.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thanks so much, Desiree! We appreciate the kind words. We're happy we provided a platform to get things resolved quickly! Have an awesome day. :)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Due to this site my voice was heard by the company that didn't listen before. I think is a very good website, fair in helping people like me to have their voice heard. Maybe needs more channels open towards the customers into the fields that have the most complains on this site. Very many thanks from me for the help provided.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

You're very welcome, Lucian! And many thanks to you for your kind words and helpful feedback.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Got quick response from the company I was reviewing. This site helps call out businesses that do bad work. The reviews on other products also is very helpful. Glad I found this site. I will use it often in the future.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hey Beverly! We're excited to have a new fan of our website! We're glad to have you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I never write reviews even though I read all I can before I pick up a new service or product. I had such a bad experience with a service that I HAD to write to warn others. Within a day, the company had 2 separate reps call us. They dealt with the issue and were able to come to a resolution we were both ok with. We had already sent a dozen emails and called several times with no help in sight. I was honestly looking for a place to vent but this was a place that even the company we were having issues with was looking at! Our company called US!!! I will look to post more reviews because it really does help. The good and the bad!!! I am still really amazed that the company was on here looking. ConsumerAffairs.com is a great thing!!!!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Bobbi! We are so glad to hear you are using reviews to educate yourself before making a purchase and that you were able to reach a resolution after leaving a review on ConsumerAffairs.com! We appreciate you using our website to post reviews to educate other consumers. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Without the Consumer Affairs' "write a review" portal I know the problem with my vendor would not have been resolved. This is a must have service if you are looking to make a point with your vendor's poor service. I will share this great experience with all. Thank you Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My issue with a company would not have been resolved, if not for the posting I made on the ConsumerAffairs website. Numerous emails to the company and much time spent had no effect on the issue but my posting on ConsumerAffairs had an almost immediate effect.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I used Consumer Affairs to file a complaint against American Home Shield Home Warranty company. My refrigerator went out and I had to buy a new one. American Home Shield is a good company for the most part, their customer service is just impossible to communicate with. I spent two weeks trying to get reimbursed for the appliance. I was on hold on 6 or 7 separate occasions for well over two hours each time (12 to 14 hours) without ever talking to anyone. They owed me $2,190.00. for the new appliance. I put my complaint on Consumer affairs and within 4 or 5 days AHS contacted me! A first! I had my check in under a week. It would not have happened without contacting Consumer Affairs. Businesses do not like the bad publicity.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We appreciate you choosing us to share your feedback about your experience!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Why do you even have this website if I can't complain in my own words what I think of Capital One? You guys suck as well as Capital One! You mean to tell me you think you have the right to suppress my FREE SPEECH? I don't think so!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We're sorry to hear about your frustrations. We have review guidelines in place for privacy and safety reasons. You can check out our Review FAQs here to see our requirements before submitting a review: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/review-guidelines

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

This site provided the mechanism to establish contact with and seek resolution from American Home Shield. Couldn't get help from the normal customer service calls to the company. This site worked well raising awareness of our dissatisfaction with our service from American Home Shield. Thank you.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We're glad we could provide a platform where you could work through things and get a positive resolution!

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information