It's that easy Request Information
4.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

928 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was surprised I got way more than I expected by posting a review on ConsumerAffairs, I did not realize this site Works toward resolutions and also informed consumers of issues. My posting showed over 2,300 reviews days, wow I'd say that's pretty powerful never expected this kind of results. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2019 & beyond.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The review process was helpful in resolving my issue; however, I would have chosen another way post my dissatisfaction with the company had I know they share the reviews with the companies being reviewed. Kind of unethical in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This was my first experience using a platform like Consumer Affairs and I have to tell you after posting my complaint I got results within 24 hours! And my issue was resolved! This platform is a Great tool to be used as my issue was with Sprint that started on January 1, 2019 and should have taken 48 hours to complete. With my posting on January 9th it was resolved today January 11. Sprint responded quickly and effectively!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When I need to know about a product or a service, I go to ConsumerAffairs. The reviews help me make my decisions. I like that about the website. The opportunity to tell others about my experiences is phenomenal. Hopefully, others will feel the same way I do about ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

That’s wonderful to hear! We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2019 & beyond.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I have never written a review on ConsumerAffairs before, it was easy and I was happy with the results I received. Would definitely use their service again, it was an excellent way to address a problem in a professional manner.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This is a great forum to get issues addressed and resolved. There truly is "Power in the Pen"! The next time that I have a negative experience with a service or goods provider I will definitely utilize this forum.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

That’s wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2019 & beyond.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've written three reviews. One has never been published but they don't tell you why it isn't. One ended up being a misunderstanding because of a 3rd party involved in the process I was reviewing so I would have liked to delete it but couldn't figure out how the subject does not appear to be addressed in the Help. At least I was able to improve the star rating of the company, though since I have almost no experience with them, I don't feel good about rating them at all. I have no doubt this review won't be published, by the way. :-)

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had bad experience with a company and shared my experience through ConsumerAffairs and the issues was resolved. Very good communication. Recommend ConsumerAffairs to everyone. Thank you so much ConsumerAffairs Team.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I truly appreciate the service and support I received from ConsumerAffairs.com. As a result of this service, not only was I able to post an honest and unadulterated review of a service experience, but I was also able to read other reviewer's similar experiences. After posting my review, I was contacted by a representative and have a final positive resolution of my problem within one week. Thank you, thank you, ConsumerAffairs.com.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I provided an extremely low rating for company I was having a dispute with, when I was contacted by ConsumerAffairs and shared my dilemma with them. Immediately they took up my case and went into action! What I had been trying to accomplish in almost a month, was then set off in a couple weeks. It seemed that the very mention of ConsumerAffairs started the ball rolling. Thank you so much...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Oh my gosh... Everyone should know ConsumerAffairs. I will make sure to spread the words about it. We have been arguing back and forth with a company and after contacting ConsumerAffairs our issues got resolved very fast. No more headaches... no arguing and explaining our problems and dealing with representative. It was fast, efficient and so professional. 1000 thanks. :)

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

ConsumerAffairs came up after I was trying to find out about a company and the reviews I read at this site were eye opening. My dentist told me to check out ConsumerAffairs for reviews when I called them about another dentist group that had no good or bad reviews on Better Business Bureau. I did that and decided that I needed to go no further for my second opinion with the other group. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for allowing me to voice my honest experiences and being a place to go to see what others have to say about a company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Got company to respond and solve issue, wrote follow up and issued new rating base on management response! Very helpful!! Great to know this service exists! Highly recommend if you feel you were treated wrong! Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I always thought ConsumerAffairs was just a place to vent about and warn other consumers about bad experiences with businesses. It seems that businesses care about their reviews and make an effort to make things right. I was blown away by my experience on this site. I left a negative review of a business because I genuinely felt I had been taken advantage of and wanted to save others from making the same mistake. The company read the review and made things right. I am more than thrilled. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I wrote my reviews based on my experience only to have Consumer Affairs edit/change them. Simply as a company makes contact, it is considered as resolution in progress. Frankly, it is nothing more than a company trying to look good. Thanks, CA, for turning my rating into YOUR rating and wasting my time and efforts.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We had many problems with Frontier Communications. Frontier kept dragging their feet and being resistant to correcting their mistakes UNTIL ConsumerAffairs and BBB became involved. Not completely happy with Frontier, however, we would probably still be trying to get things resolved if it weren’t for ConsumerAffairs, so ConsumerAffairs is great!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Wrote review but now get a page not found error when I try to look at the public page: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/account/reviews/4357108/None#review=4357108. "The page you're looking for isn't here. Sorry about that! It looks like this page no longer exists."

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I sent a reply on November 19, 2018 and Consumer Affairs still has not published? Maybe they own stock in the company, why does it take them this long to publish my response to Frontier Communications? It is shown as on Hold, I emailed them 2 weeks ago. Maybe we need another a Peoples Consumer Affairs to watch Consumer Affairs? Symbolism over Substance!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

No help from a company until your site was used! I got NOWHERE dealing with a company until they saw my honest real negative review on your site. THEN, they took action to resolve my issue. Before my review was listed I made no less than 5 phone calls to various people at that company. Got nowhere. THANK YOU!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

ConsumerAffairs allowed me to voice a legitimate complaint I had with an insurance claim. The insurance company responded via the site. The claim was reviewed and processed. I believe ConsumerAffairs played a part as they allowed me to voice my situation and the insurance company took notice. ConsumerAffairs is a very user friendly site and I give them an A+.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Good place to get information from others on different companies. I should of used you guys before buying from LightInTheBox. Will use you from now on as a place to get information on other companies.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I tried everything I could think off to contact someone in Express Scripts to inform them of my problem. It appeared to me that no one in Express Scripts has a supervisor or they do not want to work problems when they arise. ConsumerAffairs.com got me to an individual that I had no way of knowing about or finding on my own. I still had to correct the problem on my own because they did not have a clue about how to fix the problem. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.com.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've written a several of reviews on ConsumerAffairs and I had a good experience because two companies contacted me to further discuss my issues/concerns and in both cases we reached a resolution that was satisfactory. I use ConsumerAffairs to check reviews on companies, I recommend this forum for a place to give and receive useful information.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Bad app leads to poor quality reviews. Despite an excellent handle on the English language, the formatting on the mobile site to enter reviews is so crappy. I look like a first-year ESL student. This, despite checking for errors repeatedly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I listed a complaint with ConsumerAffairs about a company that billed me for a service I did not receive. Following that the company responded and refunded my money. Bravo ConsumerAffairs. Very helpful to the consumer public.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After posting a 1-star review following a difficult experience with a company, I was contacted the next day by a customer service representative who has promised to resolve the issue. I will not know right away that the issue is resolved (it may take a few days for the refund to go through), but I am optimistic. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They were professional in handling my complaint until the matter was resolved. They kept the communications going in a very timely manner, notifications were quick, results were favorable. The mortgage lender and I were able to communicate and come to an agreement.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had a difficult time getting better customer service through my home warranty. I tried my best to handle the issue internally but no matter how many times I communicated my concern, my home warranty gave me the same options that just did not work. This ultimately motivated me to post a review about them on Consumer Affairs. Within four days of posting the review, my home warranty contacted me to address the issue. Although it took a while, my issue was eventually resolved. If it weren't for Consumer Affairs, I honestly would not be sure if I would have been able to say that.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had a horrible experience with an online travel company and wrote a negative review on Consumer Affairs. I was very surprised to receive a call from a Supervisor of that travel company and he proceeded to solve my problem. I definitely will use this site first to make sure the company is legit.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I appreciated the opportunity to share my accurately described transaction with a company's bad service. It even gives a person a bit of satisfaction to be able to "vent" over a bad experience. However, I wish there was a way to edit or follow-up on the entry because I managed to turn my situation around with just one more call to the company. I ended up getting the compensation I desired and was very pleased in the end. I was not able to wait for a reaction to the original complaint on the forum but I am glad it exists and hope it is successful for most who come to it to explain their reviews.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information