2.7/5 (40 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: July 27, 2022

I had a recent experience with my homeowners warranty service which left me appalled at the level of service they provided on a claim I filed. The technician destroyed a wire to an outlet, left it unrepaired, then stated the wire was not secured to the home, when in essence he'd pulled it and disconnected from the home and couldn't reach the wire which was located in an exterior brick column. I filed a complaint. They followed up, provided a case manager who simply didn't follow up with me. I was with this warranty service for at least 7 years and a few other gotcha instances which left me a bit dissatisfied. I decided to make change and was recommended First American Home Warranty which I feel has a more robust and comprehensive service plan for our home. Thank you for recommending them. Glad we switched from Choice Home Warranty!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback about your experience. We are happy to hear that our platform was able to help you. Hopefully we have made a new friend for life. :)

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I had no idea how much information was missing from my settings. Hopefully this will make ads more relevant and meaningful. Overall experience was positive. The cookie setting are very easy to understand and the disclosures very easy to find. I did have a few problems with initial site navigation but the ease of use more than made up for it. I was able to easily make a decision on how I would like my ad experience presented to me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Frank, we appreciate you reaching out and leaving your honest feedback. We are always looking for ways to better our website for consumers like yourself. We hope we've made a new friend for life. :)

Original review: April 26, 2022

I searched online for how to report a negative experience with Frontier Communications as they expand into the Santa Barbara market. And it's really with their choice of contractors running around with Frontier magnetic signs on their trucks. And I google-stumble on ConsumerAffairs.com, and see that, yes, people write reviews of Frontier here. And I see that Frontier does respond though most of what I see is "go contact our facebook team" which doesn't seem all that helpful. Still, it seems the most promising site. So I write my review. And Frontier responds very quickly. Within hours. Asks me to contact facebook social media. This still seems like PR control but there is human here who honestly seems to want to help. OK. I'll do it.

So I do. And I get assigned an Acct Manager who emails me within hours. And she reaches out to the local Santa Barbara area manager, who has the local Frontier Tech employees - not contractors - contact and meet with me. Within two days. I have tried for weeks to talk to an actual Frontier employee here. To cut to the chase - about a week after writing this review, two Frontier employees had taken ownership of the issue, and one - a local technician - insisted on personally doing the installation rather than leaving it to the contractors. I am somewhat amazed to tell you the truth. I still think the contractors being used here are terrible. They should be fired. But the Frontier employees are RockStars!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Kirk! We are thrilled to hear that our platform was able to help you reach a positive resolution. Thanks for your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I was scammed out of over $100 by Rocket Mortgage. They lied to me to get my money. Because of my review on Consumer Affairs they gave my money back. If not for Consumer Affairs I would have lost possibly up to $500 which is what rocket mortgage took from me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Martin! Thanks for reaching out. We are happy to hear that our website was able to help you find a resolution. We hope we can continue to be of service to you. :)

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I seldom write bad reviews as I prefer writing good ones. But when I have a truly bad experience, I sometimes will let it be known. In this case, it was what could be called a particularly bad review. I received a response from the company almost immediately, and ended up speaking with 3 customer service people, one of whom followed up twice to ensure things were working smoothly. Unfortunately they were not. Shortly thereafter I received a phone call from a technical service person. We thought we had solved the issues, but unfortunately that did not turn out to be the case. He also followed up with me the day after we had spoken. Now that's what I would call not only good service, but exceptional service, especially in this day and age. It's just too bad the problems were unable to be fixed. The company certainly did try.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jim, We are happy to hear that our platform was able to help you receive better communication with the company you are referencing. Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your experience with us.

Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

This is a review of ConsumerAffairs.com itself. I was looking at reviews of Travel Guard. Almost all were one star and negative reviews. I had scrolled through all 18 pages. Only a few were 3 and 5 star. But the summary of reviews by number of stars (the bar graph) showed many reviews with 3, 4, and 5 star ratings and few with one star. So what's the deal? I can't click on a row in the displayed graph for 5's for instance, and have it return those reviews like most every other site with this type of display. How can I believe the graph when the overwhelming number of reviews had a 1 star rating.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Do not use or respond to anything ConsumerAffairs sends you! They send your name and number out to multiple sales people who want to pressure you into signing up - the calls do not stop even when you tell these high pressure sales people you are not interested!!! And Consumer Affairs will not contact you when you reach out to them!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Consumer Affairs is just as bad as the rest of the ☆ companies. I looked up reviews for Fidelity Investment. This site starts w/ 5☆ reviews deceptively leads to all 1☆ reviews. You can tell fidelity paid.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Eric, We appreciate you reaching out. "Overall satisfaction ratings” appear at the top of profile pages for companies, whether or not they participate in the Authorized Partner Program. These ratings are based on a scale of one (1) to five (5), with five (5) being the highest possible score. A company’s “overall satisfaction rating” is a time-based weighted average numerical calculation of the ratings submitted by consumers in the most recent 12-month period if the company has received 30 or more ratings in the last 12 months. If a company has fewer than 30 ratings in the most recent 12-month period, we average all ratings received, including those from before the most recent 12-month period.

Please visit our FAQ page for more information: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I could not get Resolution from Physicians Mutual Dental Insurance - But by contacting Consumer Affairs I got resolution I believe. Will know for sure after 01 September 2022 if my Wells Fargo Bank USA is not auto pay electronically debited. But so far so good. Thank you Consumer Affairs Consumer Protection Agency (independent).

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Roger! We are happy to hear that we have a new fan and that our platform was helpful to you! :)

Original review: July 28, 2022

I wrote an honest review based on my experience with a company and it "did not meet the guidelines" so what is the point of the CA website?? To me it's totally worthless if you cannot post your real experience.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information