Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Wilfrid,

We are so glad that you've been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you'll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

We've Got Your Back,

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have used ConsumerAffairs as a service to buy things in the past. And their opinion has helped me buy everything from beds, to TV's, to the current car we own. However it never allowed me to understand the most powerful tool it gives you. It gives you the ability to reach out and speak directly to the companies you need to speak with. They are a neutral party that helps voices be heard on issues you have and hopefully work towards a resolution in a way that works best for both parties. People can say they are a shrill for who pays them the most money but in my experience they were a tool to help my voice be heard and get a resolution that worked best for me and my family.

ConsumerAffairs.com

That's wonderful to hear, Maria. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients.

Remember, reviews aren't just for negative experiences can praise brands for exceptional service as well.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Very grateful to have this consumer platform in which to review companies. Whether reviewing other comments while investigating whether to do business with a potential new company, or to be used as a platform in which to share experiences, I find it to be a very helpful tool. I appreciate that I heard back from the company I was having an issue with - it gave me the opportunity to request assistance on a whole other level than just calling the customer service number and not really getting much satisfaction. Thank you, Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Rebekah, we are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases.

We hope to continue being your source for consumer news & reviews in 2016 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I am very thankful that I was able to utilize ConsumerAffairs as a platform to reveal my situation. The fact that ConsumerAffairs is well-respected and viewed by thousands of both companies and consumers speaks volumes. The company saw my post on ConsumerAffairs, addressed and resolved our concerns. Going forward I will be using ConsumerAffairs before making other large purchases. Thank you ConsumerAffairs because I do not think I would have had such a quick and positive outcome if your organization were not the mediator!

Things get accomplished when a review is written on ConsumerAffairs. I have had good experiences after writing a review especially with bad companies who are trying to get over on consumers. They could get away with it in the "old days", but not anymore and a little bad publicity can change this bad behavior. There are many companies that deserve good reviews and I try to give them credit for it so they will continue to provide good services even if they never read any reviews. I have found that most of the other websites that are mostly gripe websites do very little if anything to improve a situation and most companies never respond on those websites. This is why I take my complaints or compliments to ConsumerAffairs where it will be seen. I highly recommend ConsumerAffairs. Don't waste your time on some of those other websites which I have also used and never received any results.

Hi Bob,
Thank you for reaching out! The problem you are seeing is a result of what we call "friction." To put it simply, the reviews posted online are often terribly one-sided. This is because the majority of people who go online to write a review are doing so because they are upset. People who have status quo, normal, or even good experiences, typically do not go out of their way to write reviews online. To help you out, we do have experts who compare companies and offer a break down of which companies are best suited for certain needs.
To read more about why there are so many bad reviews, you can check out this blog post that we published:

The Kenmore reviews you are reading are a result of reaching out to more of their customer base to gather reviews from people who normally wouldn't go online to write about their experience.

ConsumerAffairs goes through great lengths to ensure the authenticity of the reviews that we publish. All of the new reviews for Kenmore have been placed by verified purchasers of Kenmore products.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Reviewed reviews on dishwashers. All brands are rated with 1 to 2 stars except Kenmore which is almost 5 stars. These reviews on this brand would certainly appear to be fake reviews. Far too many recent reviews compared to reviews of other brands. No proof of purchase on the part of reviewers. Just joined ConsumerAffairs but initial impression is that info may be quite unreliable and should not be trusted.

I wrote a review of a Home Warranty company that was unfavorable, because of an experience that I had getting my repair approved. After that review, the company contacted me, and I was ultimately able to get my repair fully paid for by the warranty company. Had I not written a review on ConsumerAffairs, I may have never been reimbursed.

Hi Cheryl,

It's great to hear that your problem was able to be resolved by using our site! Fixing relationships between consumers and brands and helping people make smart decisions is what we do!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2017

Making Life Easier - I had a problem with a company and received zero satisfaction. I write about it on ConsumerAffairs and BAM! Suddenly company is willing to fix my problem, that they had caused. THANK YOU!

I wrote a review of Nutrisweet and it is hidden -- the reviews giving five stars are at the top even though they are older. I noticed many terrible reviews when I read all the reviews and many customers having the same problem I did. I would not have signed up for Nutrisystem if the other poor reviews were not buried. The reviews should be listed as most current so the consumer can be aware of recent problems. It seems that the organization being reviewed has control over which reviews are highlighted at the top -- that is not a fair/unbiased review of a company's customer satisfaction and ConsumerAffairs should not allow it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

ConsumerAffairs.com

We at ConsumerAffairs believe that everyone deserves to make smart purchasing decisions and feedback from consumers like you is crucial to making that happen! Nothing makes us more happy than hearing stories about customers and brands connecting on our site.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 27, 2017

I was unhappy with the price difference being charged once a month for the "skip the month" thing because I am Canadian but JustFab has an alternative to solve said issue. I received a timely response and was happy with the results. Thanks so much.

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We love when our site can help consumers and brands work things out.

The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 25, 2017

I had purchased a policy with Endurance auto warranty company. Three months I traded the covered vehicle and canceled the warranty. That portion went smoothly. I questioned Endurance about the prorated refund per the contract, no response to my e-mail. A week later I sent another e-mail, again no response. I submitted a review to ConsumerAffairs and got satisfaction within 3 days.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're glad that we could be involved in turning an unpleasant situation into a positive one! Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 21, 2017

My experience with Consumer affairs was amazing. I posted my review and I got results, in what was an unpleasant thing. I can say that it has been resolved. Thank You ConsumerAffairs for helping me on this matter.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for reaching out. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. Because your review was published on other websites, we are not able to publish it. We welcome you to write an original review of the dating site to post on ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 20, 2017

Tried to publish a good review for Nissan Legend in Syosset NY and your review department came back with "Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." Please explain. Or maybe I should blog on every social media outlet to get others opinions and same experiences with your company.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We do take great steps to ensure the authenticity of reviews that are posted to our site. It may take a few days for a review to be published, but that's just because we are making sure only real reviews get through!

Original review: April 17, 2017

It is a nice place to check and see what others are having issues with. Also nice to be able to tell others about your experience. I like the layout and the ease of writing the reviews. Glad they do verify the information before they just post. I like that it helps keep "fake" reviews from showing up. Hopefully others will read reviews.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs! We're glad we could help.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I had a delivery issue with a home supply company and I wrote a review in Consumer Affairs and they posted my issue which made the vendor come back to me to solve the issue. Consumer Affairs really helped me resolve my issue. Thank you Consumer Affairs!

ConsumerAffairs.com

We're so happy that we were able to help you get the resolution you needed! Our goal is to help everyone make smart decisions about what to buy and who to do business with. Thankfully, ConsumerAffairs accredited brands are committed to using the feedback they receive from our site to help their customers.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 14, 2017

This ConsumerAffairs website helped me to get the fair resolution from the company. Without this website I would have been at a loss. No one from the company was listening to me until I posted my review about the company on the ConsumerAffairs website.

ConsumerAffairs.com

We are so pleased that you were able to reach a resolution by using our site! We strive to be a place for consumers and brands to connect and have great interactions. Hearing success stories like yours helps us know that we're helping people make better decisions!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 31, 2017

My experience with Consumer Affairs was great. The company review I submitted provoked quick resolution with the company I reviewed after I was told there was nothing more that they could do. I would definitely recommend using this site.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's feedback from consumers, like you, that help us improve the site. We are working on many improvements to our website and are excited to roll out new features soon.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 29, 2017

You don't allow individual comments about each article. At the end of each article is a comment area. It is a waste of anyone's time to try to post any specific comments about that article there. Nothing is allowed to ever post. We are all taken to a Facebook "dumping ground" where all comments are thrown into one group. A waste of my and everyone else's time.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello! Thank you for such kind words!
We're happy we could help you have your voice heard. be part of the resolution process.

We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2017 & beyond.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have had occasion to publish reviews a few times on this website. EVERY time, I have received a VERY fast (sometimes within HOURS) response from the reviewed company in an attempt to mitigate damage to their reputation (or lack thereof). EVERY time, the reviewed company has "bent over backwards" to resolve the issue. Some resolutions have been better than others, but the reviewed companies DID make an attempt at damage control. This is a TRULY EFFECTIVE site in which to resolve legitimate issues one has with a company, product, or service. I use it when I've exhausted all other means at my disposal and just before consulting legal counsel as a "last ditch" effort for resolution of my issues. EXCELLENT site and reactions from reviewed companies!

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have tried multiple times to post a review about a horrible online dating experience I had on an accredited website. I have tried twice and both times my review has been declined with no explanation as to why. I have read the guidelines and my review doesn't violate any of their guidelines. There are no swear words or anything bad about the review. I have posted the same review on other websites without an issue. I was only trying to inform women of the horrible experience I had to at least warn them before they join. I guess ConsumerAffairs doesn't care about actually protecting consumers at all. They seem to be biased toward certain companies, only posting negative reviews for some companies and only positive for others. I will not use this site again. I thought I was getting everyone's reviews and honest feedback, but now I do not trust their site.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Marjaneh, thank you for such kind words!

We're happy we could help you have your voice heard.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 22, 2017

I like to thank ConsumerAffairs for reflecting my thoughts and making my voice heard! Only two days after posting my review I had a phone call from the company I wrote the review about and they offered to give me a full refund and although too late regarding my initial problem, however it made me feel a lot better because ConsumerAffairs made my voice heard and somebody finally cared to reach me and explain! I think people should stand for their rights and help others with their decisions. I totally trust ConsumerAffairs and their reviews.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Mary, thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear you were able to reach a resolution in a timely manner.

We love hearing our consumer' stories. We hope you visit the site again soon to share another positive experience.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 16, 2017

I just want to say a big Thanks. I really felt that my voice was heard, because of you guys Frontier actually listen to me. The big thing that learn is not to give up. Thank you so much. 5 star I would give you 10.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Christopher, that's wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 15, 2017

I recently wrote a report against a company that many consumers (myself included) have been complaining and reporting about. Shortly after I made the report a representative from the company contacted me to address the issues. Eventually they were resolved. ConsumerAffairs.com provided me with a platform to report the issues publicly so other consumers do not fall trap to a shady company, offer a private channel for the business to communicate with me to address concerns. Before writing this report I tried to resolve it individually for 2 months. ConsumerAffairs.com has a commendable reputation, otherwise the business would not have responded to my complaint. Thank you for providing us this platform!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello Michael, thanks for sharing your experience. We're pleased to hear you were able to be heard.

We love hearing our consumer' stories. We look forward to being your go-to resource in 2017 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 14, 2017

Information provided by customer reviews website is very helpful. Placed several reviews on the ConsumerAffairs website and it looks like they helped other people to know and not make the same mistakes I and others have with various companies. I wish I had found this site before I purchased my Nissan GT-R. I would not have purchased or considered Nissan for anything car related.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Warren, we're delighted we could assist you.

To truly help other consumers, positive reviews for brands that offer exceptional service are important too. Drop by next time someone wows you!

Original review: March 7, 2017

ConsumerAffairs provides a forum to resolve issues. I had a bad experience with a company. I posted a bad review of said company. Said company saw the bad review, contacted me directly, and resolved the issue. Businesses rely on positive reviews. ConsumerAffairs is a trusted review site.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Alba, thank you for such kind words!

We're happy we could help you have your voice heard.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Always taking a stand for the consumer! I want to thank ConsumerAffairs for being always there for the consumer. I felt that I had someone to talk to even if it was with the internet, but gave me big results. You guys are the best xoxo.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Jodi, we are so sorry to hear you had such a terrible lender.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us & hope to continue to be a resource for you.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I had learned about ConsumerAffairs last year which was specific to my lender that I was having severe trouble with in many different facets. I didn't realize or think about writing on ConsumerAffairs because my goal was to research the lender / servicer of my mortgage within a specific time frame to read about other people's experiences to see if I saw a pattern and / or anything similar. I was and wasn't shocked at what I read and how many. There are so many complaints you could read for weeks so I filtered and searched for a period of time within 3-6 months and gosh still so many.

There were some people who wrote stories that broke my heart but nothing remotely close to what they have put me through so while I had already been in process with my local senator's office who is part of congress, my local AG's office, my local Governors office as I had to find out by calling and meeting with so many people that I should never have had to do but the Governors Office has partial jurisdiction over department of housing. I had spent months with the CFPB and honestly your platform gets a response from a certain department in the company whereas the other places take forever and so much red tape so the amazing thing is this avenue gets exposure to the company and I thank you for that however the people that reply really don't help and believe they have a job to make sure they are responding timely just to do a job.

ConsumerAffairs wouldn't know who it is and what happens after the initial reply but I've gone back and forth with this particular company and that being Wells Fargo and I can't ever mark resolved because it hasn't been and won't be because they have serious internal issues and feel it's very important for the public to continue to be aware they are still being fined and they are not a trustworthy company and I would give anything to never say their name again and to have a new lender but I can't for several reasons. I have bent over backwards and sent them every single item / documentation as in what you would call a rebuttal to what they write you in the mail because those letters are not accurate and to be 100% the majority are lies and that word isn't a word in my vocabulary until WF.

They will not acknowledge their fraud and their dishonest moves and they aren't organized and don't have certain documents of mine on file, they send me critical information via their online system yet I never have had an online account and I keep telling them that but they won't take ownership and say months later that all year long they mailed me my mortgage statements and I never once got them and told them 7 times to send them to me and they kept saying they would and just approx (honestly I can't keep up unless I have my documentation in front of me and don't want to write anything dishonest) but I would say after 9 months of telling me they mail and never have stopped since this mortgage I've had since 2008 thus I've never gone online and get paper statements because I don't trust them and never have.

But approx 2 months ago suddenly they said "we didn't mail" and you get online and I said again another lie and cover as they try every which way to cover their fraud and lies. And I said "show me when and where." I logged in and sent them screen shots of going on their site and no account and then went to try and create one and it wouldn't let me and they said nothing about that as they say nothing about anything but just keep lying and charging and putting words in my mouth.

I have contacted above what they call their executive offices / customer care / used to be called office of the president as that is the office I've been assigned to for over a year and I don't get one return call back. If I got voicemails and was a higher up manager I couldn't ignore these messages and I called several times and 3 separate exec level managers in that same office and no callback. I got someone on the phone once and he said he sent that manager an instant message and she said she would personally call me back in one hour and I waited by the phone and she never called, never and they don't care or even say we apologize and further she said she didn't get that message yet that office documented it because I learned they lied when they said they documented each call and she still lied and still has a job.

You do a great job in getting them to contact me but from there it goes nowhere and has turned into 8 emails back and forth and it's all the same plus more that took place since they took forever to reply this time. I'm not sure if it takes you some time to get submitted or if it's them, not clear on that process. Thank you regardless for having this in place. It shows I had over 40K views.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Jason, we appreciate you reaching out to us with this insight. We value feedback from our community.

We do strive to verify the authenticity of all reviews & we publish them regardless of whether they are positive or not.

Also, our site is currently under a redesign to provide the best experience for our consumers.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Ok, this is my personal opinion. I was reviewing Nutrisystem Nourish on this site and all of the positive reviews were posted easy to read. Any review that had negative information about the company was greyed out and had a strike through on all the print making it difficult to read, not to mention the huge "Factual Basis Uncertain" tag on the review. Huge sticker, impossible to miss. My issue is why is it so important to flag negative reviews for factual verification with no regard to positive reviews. Do you assume all positive are truthful and all negative should be reviewed? Here is my opinion. You are in the company's pocket and none of your reviews are to be trusted by anyone that truly cares to find facts.

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello Shamesha, Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

We strive to give consumers a platform to be heard & as more reviews are written, star ratings will change.

Due to the sheer volume of reviews written & brand responses, we are simply unable to contact every reviewer when a brand rating has changed.

We encourage you to continue using our how-to resources as well as our consumer news to remain an informed consumer.

Sincerely,

The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

ConsumerAffairs fails to inform old current and potential customers of companies when consumers updated and upgrade the rating system with ConsumerAffairs. I find this process deceiving and wrong, leaving negative information on the site only is totally unacceptable and I will not aid ConsumerAffairs any longer!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello Constance, it is always our intent to reflect our consumers actually experiences.

I will be reaching out to you privately to discuss further & see why your resolution was declined.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I wrote about a negative experience at Alamo. The next day I wrote to you saying that they were more than accommodating and resolved the situation. I changed my star rating. Today you posted the negative and article and said that the resolve article does not meet your criteria. That makes me really mad that you would only print negative responses. Alamo deserves to hear the positive as well and you are not serving justice to companies when you do this. I am sorry that I ever wrote to you. I asked for you to disregard the complaint before you posted it... and you didn't do that either. Extremely disappointed in your ethics as a company... Big thumbs down...

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hi Joelle, thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear you were able to reach a resolution in a timely manner.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Mattress Firm was not refunding my order within a reasonable time frame. It had been over a month with no resolution in sight. I joined Consumer Affairs and posted my experience and was contacted by a Mattress Firm rep almost immediately. I was able to work with the MF rep and have my refund finally issued. Thank you Consumer Affairs!!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Hello T D, it appears your review was declined because it was also published on another site. We only publish original content to offer our consumers the best resources.
We encourage you to write a unique review in order to meet our review requirements.

We do not only publish positive reviews, we publish all reviews that meet our requirements without regard to star rating.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My honest and negative review against a business that I wrote a week ago is still not published and it is ignored. While I don't exactly understand why, it seems this site is paid for and funded by the Business and company to allow positive reviews against business and companies. Correct me if I am wrong but I am disappointed!

ConsumerAffairs.com

Andrea, we appreciate you reaching out to us with this insight. We value feedback from our community.

Unfortunately, if a review does not meet our standards we are unable to publish it. It's critical we provide the best resources for our visitors.

You can read our review guidelines here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/#how-we-handle-reviews

Please reach out if you have any further questions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Well here is another evidence of the demise of the USA, my review of the corrupt GREEN DOT/WALMART CARD corporation and their thieving employees did not meet the standards of what, political correctness. Yes, I admitted that I was an misinformed and naive consumer. I admit my part in being defrauded. Where is the accountability of GREEN DOT/WALMART CARD and their employees.

My use of certain words to describe the impression I am left with from the treatment I received from them through the agents representing them ls earnest and should be allowed to be expressed. As long as these corporate entities are shielded from other consumers getting exposed to the true feelings and impressions of consumers victimized by the lackadaisical investing done and the abandoning of their customers, there will never be justice or closure for the defrauded consumer. Proof that the moderation team is only in it for the money. "GO AHEAD AND HATE YOUR NEIGHBOR. GO AHEAD AND CHEAT A FRIEND."

ConsumerAffairs.com

Tom, we're happy we could help you have your voice heard.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I had a problem getting a payment from my dental insurer for a procedure. Through the intervention of Consumer Affairs, the situation was completely resolved in a very short time. The help they provided alleviated the necessity of a long battle over this issue.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Profile