3.3/5 (50 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I searched online for how to report a negative experience with Frontier Communications as they expand into the Santa Barbara market. And it's really with their choice of contractors running around with Frontier magnetic signs on their trucks. And I google-stumble on ConsumerAffairs.com, and see that, yes, people write reviews of Frontier here. And I see that Frontier does respond though most of what I see is "go contact our facebook team" which doesn't seem all that helpful. Still, it seems the most promising site. So I write my review. And Frontier responds very quickly. Within hours. Asks me to contact facebook social media. This still seems like PR control but there is human here who honestly seems to want to help. OK. I'll do it.

So I do. And I get assigned an Acct Manager who emails me within hours. And she reaches out to the local Santa Barbara area manager, who has the local Frontier Tech employees - not contractors - contact and meet with me. Within two days. I have tried for weeks to talk to an actual Frontier employee here. To cut to the chase - about a week after writing this review, two Frontier employees had taken ownership of the issue, and one - a local technician - insisted on personally doing the installation rather than leaving it to the contractors. I am somewhat amazed to tell you the truth. I still think the contractors being used here are terrible. They should be fired. But the Frontier employees are RockStars!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Kirk! We are thrilled to hear that our platform was able to help you reach a positive resolution. Thanks for your feedback!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I seldom write bad reviews as I prefer writing good ones. But when I have a truly bad experience, I sometimes will let it be known. In this case, it was what could be called a particularly bad review. I received a response from the company almost immediately, and ended up speaking with 3 customer service people, one of whom followed up twice to ensure things were working smoothly. Unfortunately they were not. Shortly thereafter I received a phone call from a technical service person. We thought we had solved the issues, but unfortunately that did not turn out to be the case. He also followed up with me the day after we had spoken. Now that's what I would call not only good service, but exceptional service, especially in this day and age. It's just too bad the problems were unable to be fixed. The company certainly did try.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jim, We are happy to hear that our platform was able to help you receive better communication with the company you are referencing. Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your experience with us.

Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I put a review on here to name and shame the poor service from a company in the US after purchasing an item from them that was shipped to the UK, although with the time scale this site may not have influenced the company to resolve the matter, it is still important for consumers to have a means of expressing their views about companies who do not perform or have bad customer service, and to warn others of any possible wrongdoing. Regards.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Geoffrey! Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.com. We appreciate you and your feedback! :)

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I was checking my email I seen Consumer Affairs has an email for me. It say How to choice car warranty. I am in a shopping of car warranty so I open it. There is a suggestion of what company I have to get warranty after I type in my vehicle information. To my surprise it was low price. I like it unfortunately I don't have my debit card yet. But for sure when I receive my debit card I come back to this site and buy the warranty for my car. Or I will call them now and negotiate to pay later.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Lourdes, Thank you for reaching out and sharing this awesome feedback with us. It is our goal to provide you with a great experience on our website for many years to come. We appreciate you! :)

Original review: July 14, 2021

This site was easy to use, and a great way to read about other consumer's experience with the company I was involved with. My review prompted a quick response from the company that I was doing business with and I was able to get a quick resolution from that interaction as a result of that communication. I will definitely use this site more frequently to learn about companies moving forward!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Juan! Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We are so happy that our platform has been able to help you. Have a great day!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I asked for auto warranty comparisons and hesitated when asked for my phone number, but Consumer Affairs promised to MASK my number. The LIARS released my phone number. Terry ** ** on 4/19/22, info sent to Dreamlandquilts@gmail.com. You’ve shielded yourselves from complaints so this is all I can do. Stop the calls from the two companies you sent my info to after promising not to!!! I plan to send a complaint about this to the BBB you cowardly liars!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I was getting nowhere with a company to resolve an issue. But once you post a negative review, someone takes notice and took active steps to resolve my problem. I don't think I would have gotten anywhere without Consumer Affairs! Thank you!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jody! We are so happy to hear that our platform has been useful to you. Thank you for reaching out!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 15, 2022

You emailed me to read to a response from Pure Talk, I create an account, log in and I’m told I have no reviews posted. Not sure what the problem is but that’s 30 minutes I’ll never get back. Looking forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 22, 2022

Site allows homeowners to post false and untrue information. Before they post they should have to get both sides of the story. The reason people post here is they can post without retaliation. Most are unreasonable consumers that didn't finish paying or were difficult.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Tom, Thanks for reaching out! Our Moderation Team evaluates reviews and images to make sure they fulfill our guidelines before publishing. Not all reviews or images are published. The best and most helpful reviews and comments, whether positive or negative, are factually correct, include details from firsthand experiences, and have photos.

You can read more about that here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/review-guidelines/

You can also read more about our process for reviews and ratings here on our FAQ page: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/#reviews-and-ratings

Original review: March 19, 2022

When I was searching to subscribe directly for your website, the first one who show up was a not secure one that my browser warned me about, just because of an extra letter S after the word consumer_affairs.com.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information