Learn More

3.9/5 (84 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Resolution response: March 22, 2021

I received my deposit and everything is fine though I have seen a lot and offered assistance to those dealing with similar issues on the established discussion groups on Facebook. I know that you are overwhelmed and likely were not prepared for the stampede that was to ensue and I know that you the company are truly doing the best you can. I would simply have liked better communication than I received. You can't simply not answer your phone and stop responding to emails when you are holding the key to many people literally survival or lifeline. I appreciate that I received what I needed and wish you the best.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

They acted promptly and produced a positive outcome in 48 hours! I recommend to anyone experiencing a consumer issue. I am still amazed that they were able to deliver a positive outcome so quickly. #applause

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi, We are so happy to hear that you were able to receive a positive resolution from using our review platform. Thank you for choosing us to help you. :D

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I posted on here because I was having dispute with a company for over a month and was desperate to try anything. That same evening I posted here I found the Company's I was having an issue with, Community Board, and posted the issue there. Their agent reached out to me and to my relief, they resolved my problem with great satisfaction. It's nice to know there is a website I can come to in the future if I ever have a problem with another company or if I want to compliment a company.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad to hear that you were able to get some relief by leaving a review here and that the brand reached out with an awesome resolution for you. Thank you for choosing us to share your experience!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I used Consumer Affairs to file a complaint against American Home Shield Home Warranty company. My refrigerator went out and I had to buy a new one. American Home Shield is a good company for the most part, their customer service is just impossible to communicate with. I spent two weeks trying to get reimbursed for the appliance. I was on hold on 6 or 7 separate occasions for well over two hours each time (12 to 14 hours) without ever talking to anyone. They owed me $2,190.00. for the new appliance. I put my complaint on Consumer affairs and within 4 or 5 days AHS contacted me! A first! I had my check in under a week. It would not have happened without contacting Consumer Affairs. Businesses do not like the bad publicity.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We appreciate you choosing us to share your feedback about your experience!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

All my favorite stores in my town have closed. I'm at a loss as where to buy anything anymore. Consequently, I've been buying clothing and accessories online. I've been satisfied with most products from Amazon, but Amazon doesn't always have what I want. I'm skeptical of the quality of products I see online from vendors I've never heard of. I figured there needed to be a place where a person can go and read reviews from other customers about the quality of products and the service from online vendors.

I think ConsumerAffair.com is the answer. I've posted a negative review about an online purchase I made. A company representative contacted me and I have been given a full refund on that product. We not only need a place to resolve disputes, but we need a place to learn about company quality. I encourage other users to look here, if they are skeptical about online product quality and service. Now we all need to write the positive reviews for those vendors we use who are providing us with good quality products. Let's not just come here with complaints. Report the good news, too.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Linda, Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are so happy that we've been able to help you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I wrote a review a week ago relating to Western Union unethical business practices and the fact that that company was not refunding my money. I believe the only reason this matter was resolved timely, less than 2 days, is because of the review in Consumer Affairs. It had been almost a month that I had been having a challenging time with WU and it was literally 2 days after my review that I finally received my refund. I had no idea this is an almost immediate result-oriented forum but I'm very grateful. In 2015 I made a complaint to BBB about another merchant who pocketed my hard-earned money and refused to refund over $300. I even attempted to sue them but they were under some other third-party business entity which was not located. This is obviously where I should've made the complaint. I will definitely be utilizing this forum for any future conflicts but hoping it doesn't come to that.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We're glad to hear you were able to get a resolution through our platform! We really appreciate you choosing us to share all your feedback.

Original review: July 14, 2021

This site was easy to use, and a great way to read about other consumer's experience with the company I was involved with. My review prompted a quick response from the company that I was doing business with and I was able to get a quick resolution from that interaction as a result of that communication. I will definitely use this site more frequently to learn about companies moving forward!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Juan! Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We are so happy that our platform has been able to help you. Have a great day!

Resolution response: July 15, 2021

I am very satisfied. The entire experience was great!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I recently reviewed a warranty company through Consumer Affairs and I am more than pleased with the service I received. I posted my review through the site and within days I had a resolution from the other company. Consumer Affairs handled my request, sent me email updates, and the entire process felt smooth and valuable. Thank to so much!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Kim, Thank you for this awesome feedback. We are so happy to hear that our platform has helped you. We appreciate you! :)

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 6, 2021

They waste my time with filling out forms then in so many words say I'm not able to receive help. I have been on the section 8 waiting list for 13 years. I'm 67 yrs old. Suffer with cellulitis. Homeless. Have vascular dementia. 18 months ago was struck and hit by a suv as a pedestrian. Injured at work 6 months ago. I still have not received my state disability insurance checks yet. I'm not going to waste any more tiime energy on worthless companies like Consumers Affairs filling out forms just to have them sell my personal information and then tell me, "Well you don't qualify."

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had a long standing, stubborn billing problem with RCN, the cable company. Within 24 hours of my posting a negative review of my experience, RCN resolved the dispute, for about $70, in my favor. This site works.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Joseph, That is great to hear! We are happy that our platform was able to help you receive a resolution. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.com :)

Original review: June 23, 2021

Nearly every single time I have searched for reviews of products on CA, the CA reviews don't come anywhere close to actual consumer reviews! Check out the 3.8 rating they gave to "Gentle Dental"--then count the actual reviews in every tier: 5-Star (3), 4-Star (0), 3-Star (0), 2-Star (11), 1-Star (80). 80 1-Star reviews! 11 2-Star reviews! No 3-Star reviews! No 4-Star reviews! And a measly 3—THREE—5-Star reviews! Do I seriously need to do the math for you? Okay—fine! (80x1=80) + (11x2=22) + (0x3=0) + (0x4=0) + (3x5=15) = 117/(80+11+0+0+3) = 117/94 = 1.2. Gentle Dental's Average Rating is actually just 1.2 Stars! How do they even stay in business? But more to the point—how do you even stay in business?

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Tamara, Thank you for reaching out! A company’s “overall satisfaction rating” is a time-based weighted average numerical calculation of the ratings submitted by consumers in the most recent 12-month period if the company has received 30 or more ratings in the last 12 months. If a company has fewer than 30 ratings in the most recent 12-month period, we average all ratings received, including those from before the most recent 12-month period.

You can read more on our FAQ page here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information