3.82/5
Based on 132 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

799 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I am now receiving spam on a new email address I set up just for use with you so no one else had the email address. I own and operate the server so I know you are probably giving out my email address.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

After what should have been a simple 3 step process that should have taken 3 business days with my account with Century Link I was at my wit's end since it was going into 3 months to resolve. I found ConsumerAffairs online and wrote about my experiences with Century Link. A Century Link representative came on the site and mentioned that Century Link had started to pay attention to the ConsumerAffairs site and wanted to resolve my issue. I thank ConsumerAffairs for being there for me and the issue has finally been resolved.

Original review: April 15, 2018

This company is absolutely superb. It allows you as a consumer to share good and bad experiences with others to ensure business that practice bad habits are exposed to the public and those that are good to be shared with millions of others looking for reputable services. So thank you Consumer Affairs for allowing us as consumers a voice to all that’s interested.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Within 48 hours of posting review on ConsumerAffairs, the company responded and we are on the road to a resolution. ConsumerAffairs provided a very valuable service and it was easy to accomplish. Thank you!

Original review: April 8, 2018 I posted a review of the TEACH Grant over a year ago and it is still on hold for review. This in itself is rather odd. Why does it take over a year to review a post? The post contain accurate information and details that can be easily confirmed online. Others have had similar experiences. So I am reviewing Consumer Affairs.

Vital consumer information is being withheld from consumers who really need to understand the pitfalls of the TEACH Grant process. This warning is needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: April 7, 2018

Was skeptical but seems to be the real deal. After my issue was resolved, I became a believer and wouldn`t hesitate to rec this site to assist on consumer issues. It's nice to have an advocate. Thanks!

Resolution response: April 9, 2018

I received excellent support. The router had a strange problem and Frontier replaced it. The speeds are now perfect and extremely stable!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was having ongoing problems with my internet. Consumer Affairs had an excellent account manager from Frontier Communications help me. It was a strange problem with degradation of internet speeds only with wifi over time. Frontier tech support contacted me. They sent to me a new type of router and of a different make and that fixed the problem 100%. Amazed and satisfied, excellent experience!

Original review: April 6, 2018

My initial review on the RTG(Rooms To Go) extended warranty was promptly reviewed by RTG, and action was taken by RTG to resolve the issue. I am grateful for this platform and thank RTG for their attention and prompt resolution.

Original review: April 3, 2018

If it wasn't for Consumer Affairs I would have lost so much money! Every time I buy something online I make sure I check here first otherwise there's no way I would know the truth about anything I'm buying because there so many fake reviews and fake sites that these companies pay people to write fake positive reviews for them. However here nobody's paid, this is just the dead honest truth. It wasn't for them I wouldn't buy anything online. I actually started buying things online when my sister showed me this site. That's the only reason I felt comfortable enough and secure to be able to make my 1st online purchase and I have not had one problem with any of the products I've received since I made my first purchase a few years ago.

Original review: March 29, 2018

ConsumerAffairs.com is fantastic. I had a complaint with a travel company and really just wanted to vent when I wrote the details in a complaint. However, in only a few days I received a call from the Director of Customer Service for that company and she promptly and completed resolved our issue. I highly recommend using ConsumerAffairs.com to attempt to resolve complaints and to review services.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I was contacted by ConsumerAffairs twice in the recent past. This being after I had left a very negative review for Caterpillar men's work boots. Having ConsumerAffairs assure me that someone from Caterpillar boots would be getting ahold of me concerning my bad experience with their boots. After never hearing from anyone at Caterpillar Boots, I thought I would let ConsumerAffairs know that I had never been contacted by Caterpillar Boots. Each time I replied to ConsumerAffairs, I had ask for a reply from them. Never having received any reply from ConsumerAffairs or Caterpillar Boots, I felt that leaving a review for ConsumerAffairs would be the only appropriate thing to do at this point.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I wrote a review on 3-25-18 stating FirstMet Dating Site does not allow you to delete your profile picture even when you are deactivating your account. That's fact. Potential members should know this information and FirstMet does not provide the information before you upload a picture. You did not publish my review, it is on hold. Why?

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review os FristMet was published on our site on 3/25/2018. Please let me know if you need any further assistance in this matter and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 26, 2018

Freedom Debt Relief - Consumer Affairs provided me with the direct avenue to the company and allowed my efforts to be communicated to other consumers. My posting was published very quickly and when the company finally responded it allowed me to respond quickly again with the resolution. I would not have had the success with CA and their message board.

Original review: March 25, 2018

This is a hostage website that targets reputable companies so they can make a profit, you should never take pleasure in someone else’s loss or hurts. The founder that is making millions off bribing companies will rot in hell. You hurt families, steal and bribe. I’m in sales and I provide for my family and pay my taxes, your “non accredited “ website costs me and millions of other hard working Americans a lot of frustration and money.

Hi Sami,

Thank you for reaching out! Our site is designated to help consumers make the most informed decisions for all of life's purchases. We do not take pleasure is hurting others. We do strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The original review I wrote ended up resolving the issue. I tried calling ConsumerAffairs and sending emails, etc. but I didn't receive any response at all nor could I ever even reach a person. I must say I'm quite disappointed. :(

Hi Adrene,

Thank you for reaching out! A team member will be reaching out to you to help you resolve this matter.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 24, 2018

I had a very bad experience after having my tires rotated and balanced. The service provider did not tighten the lug nuts after doing the work and I was in an accident on a highway that hit another car and caused physical damage to the cars and the passengers. Following my experience, I found that many people either experienced a problem with the lug nuts or knew of someone else who had. Still, I feel that people are mostly unaware of this problem and I think it should be highlighted in an article or something to make people more aware.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I am very happy with ConsumerAffairs allowing me to post my honest dealings with businesses so others will know and be aware. I am glad ConsumerAffairs posts their reviews also so I can make informed decisions based on other people's dealings with them too. It helps warn us about potential problems with certain businesses or helps us to see if overall they are safe to deal with for the most part. I so appreciate that! I am also glad that I not only am able to write my true encounters on here to warn others with, but it helps me to vent all the frustrations out when those businesses seem unwilling to help or don't care. It gives me an outlet to do that so they cannot get by with mistreating customers without others hearing about it, but I will also get on here and praise them for dealing well with their customers when they correct their mistakes, so they will continue to, hopefully. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for providing a platform to do that.

Hi Lisa,

That's wonderful to hear! We are glad you have been able to fully utilize the services we offer. We aim to be a source of truth to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions. We hope to continue to be you source for consumer news and reviews!

Original review: March 19, 2018

After months of having been told there was nothing more my warranty service would do for me, I left a review with ConsumerAffairs.com. My warranty company responded almost immediately and paid out the full amount of my coverage within a couple of weeks. I attribute this entirely to ConsumerAffairs.com. And the really incredible thing is this service is available for free to anyone who wants it.

Hi Peter,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 13, 2018

ConsumerAffairs was a great ‘middle-man.’ I had been trying to resolve an issue with another company for three days; once ConsumerAffairs was introduced into the matter, I managed to get my issue resolved in less than a day.

Hi Katie,

That's wonderful to hear! We are happy to hear we were able to assist with your resolution. We work to mend the relationship between brand and consumer. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: March 11, 2018

Maybe I am a skeptic, but the problem has existed for many months. After contacting ConsumerAffairs, the company of my complaint contact me and said the matter is resolved. Hopefully... If so, thank you ConsumerAffairs!

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out! I am happy to hear you were able to utilize the services we offer consumers like you. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews in 2018 and beyond!

Original review: March 9, 2018

When issues arise, we post a comment or review. When we request it to be taken down and refused, doesn't make me want to post in the future on a certain venue. Everyone who posts reviews should not be denied the respect of the request to either remove or even edit it. I have been denied that request by ConsumerAffairs. I have asked again to have it deleted. We will see. Therefore, if you DO NOT want to take the risk of changing your mind even to edit it in the original form, don't post here!

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for reaching out! According to our policies, we do not delete reviews. We do this for many reasons. First, it keeps businesses from trying to bully or incentivize consumers from removing negative reviews. Second, if the reason you wish to delete your review is that the problem has been resolved, we prefer that you post a resolution. This helps to give other consumers an idea of both your initial problem and how the company helped to make it right--very beneficial for other consumers who are going through something similar. The third reason people often wish to delete reviews is concern over legal liability. If you are concerned about this you can change your alias to something anonymous from within your user profile. If you have any questions or would like help with moving forward with any of these options, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: March 9, 2018

ConsumerAffairs has had my complaint-ON HOLD since Oct. 4, 2017 without an attempted investigation. In my opinion this agency is useless and anyone seeking help from ConsumerAffairs is a complete waste of time. NO STAR... in fact=minus 4 stars...

Hi Louis,

Thank you for reaching out! One of our team members will reach out shortly to address this issue.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We may have need of a 'voice' as consumers. ConsumerAffairs website provides this. The site gives you an opportunity to write a review about a company you are dealing with. Opportunity is given for the company to respond and to resolve the issue that has been brought to their attention. Other avenues just haven't worked, such as phone calls to the company or emails. I've posted to ConsumerAffairs for two situations and both were resolved in a quick and satisfactory manner.

Hi Jeanne,
Thank you for reaching out! We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I would like to mention that it is very nice that they offer this for people to resolve issues. My suggestion is that it would be nice if initially ConsumerAffairs was more responsive as there was a significant delay to a phone call and then I needed to email a person. Once I got past that hurdle, things went a lot better and the issue that I had brought up was resolved.

Original review: March 3, 2018

"Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing..." Your site is a joke. Hundreds, if not thousands, of Nissan owners are left stranded and paying for repairs for CVT's, while Nissan & AAMCO can't even communicate proper repair procedures even when they are supplying each other parts and directing business to each other. Just shut down your site for being completely useless!

Hi Steven,
Thank you for reaching out! One of team members will reach out shortly to go over your review details. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: March 1, 2018

This site is a voice for the consumer. I am so pleased with this service. It got the attention of the company I was having issues with and was a catalyst for a resolution. The updates were so helpful and made me feel like my problem was not mine alone.

Hi Sara,
Thank you for reaching out! We love it when consumers are fully able to utilize our site. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions in 2018 and beyond!

Original review: March 1, 2018

Received an email from "ConsumerAffairs" about a reply posted to my review of experience I had with BookIt. Email had link that lead to website that required login and BookIt login didn't work so I had to create an account and after creating an account, it showed no post. So I have no way to view any reply. The frustration of dealing with BookIt continues to get worse...and now I'm wondering what problems I will have when I arrive at the resort.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. One of our team members will reach out to you to help you get this resolved.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Wow. I had been trying for over 2 weeks to get a resolution to my problem. Once I filed the complaint on your website I suddenly received responses from them and finally a resolution. Thank you so much!

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for reaching out! We are happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We appreciate it when consumers like you are able to fully utilize the services we offer. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news and more in 2018 and beyond!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Best results provided resolving customer complaints. This is a site that produces results by contacting companies to investigate complaints directly. Not simply providing a space for consumers to "rant/vent" about a bad experience. I was surprised at the speed my issue was addressed. It is comforting to know that some problems can be resolved through troubleshooting.

Hi William,

That’s wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I am sure that the review I posted on the ConsumerAffairs website led to the swift resolution of my issue. I had my bathroom remodeled and had subsequent issues with a permitting problem with my city. Not long after I posted the review the company's corporate office stepped up to the plate and helped resolve the problem with the local contractor. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!

Hi Robin,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information