It's that easy Request Information
3.86/5
Based on 156 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

864 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

At first I couldn’t respond to my review on NDR, but after navigating the sign-up process I found it easy to respond and write other reviews. However, it would’ve been even easier if it prompted me to make an account before I wrote my first review.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

There is an censor in action. Censors are evil. Only totalitarian countries and totalitarian activities censor. I prefer trustpilot.com which is based in Denmark because at Trustpilot my review is published immediately without any totalitarian censor.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I was in the 4th month of a nightmare trying to get my cell phone bill corrected. One day on this site, the next day I had a response from the phone company and the following day a resolution and it's all settled. This is the first time I used this site, but it works. I thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Thank you so very much for helping. The company made contact with me and we came to a resolution in about a week and I had been trying on my own since December 2017. If not for ConsumerAffairs.com, I don't think I would have found a solution.

Original review: July 31, 2018

After a non-productive phone exchange with a customer service representative (who was rather condescending) with a business that had billed me incorrectly, I decided to try ConsumerAffairs in hopes their platform would enable me to make further progress. In less than 24 hours, everything has been resolved with a complete refund to me and the representative who contacted me through ConsumerAffairs handled everything promptly and with courtesy. I had about decided to leave the program I was enrolled in but now feel like a valued customer who has been treated very fairly and with respect. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for providing this site to people who are searching for a resolution to an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: July 31, 2018

I started a ConsumerAffairs account for the sole purpose of posting a review of a company that I thought could have done a better job resolving an issue. After posting the review, I received a quick response and optimal resolution from the company. Thank you to ConsumerAffairs for this platform!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 29, 2018

I wrote a very detailed review on Liberty Mutual Insurance company's Right Track program back on 9/21/2015. I offered specific warnings and advice to other potential customers using this product and gave several suggestions that Liberty or Right Track could use for improving the safe usefulness of their product. If the review was too long then don't offer 50,000 characters. If there was something else wrong with the review that I could correct then give me feedback, otherwise it looks like you are protecting the company.

I spent valuable time thinking the issue through and composing the review and I think I was very fair and not vindictive in my assessment even though the company misrepresented how the product would work (Like signs advertising BIG BUCKS won with Powerball Lottery). Please either release my review from "Hold" state, or contact me as to why the review did not meet requirements and give me a chance to correct it - I think it is important for both Liberty Mutual and the public to understand how this works and possible bring pressure to improve the product for everyone's safety.

Hi R,

Thank you for reaching out! Your original review for Liberty Mutual was denied as it was published on other sites. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. Since then, you have submitted a second review for Liberty Mutual and it was published on 7/29/2018. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 27, 2018

I appreciate your site as it gave me a voice outside of a company representative. It is also helpful in giving other people a chance to read these reviews get more information on a company and them make an informed decision versus guessing.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I had a very positive experience with Consumer Affairs. I had done nothing wrong and the company acknowledged it. Although I had to go this route I am not regretful. I will, however, continue to do what is right as a consumer so that agencies like this can continue to assist consumers like myself against companies that take advantage of people that just have lack of knowledge.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Consumer Affairs is great. I did a review on a company because I was really disappointed and wanted to warn others. I only do this when I really am pissed. I didn’t even message the company directly and they contacted me because of this site. The company I originally wrote about gave me a refund and I am very pleased.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had an issue with my internet provider charging me for something they said would be free. I spent a number of hours on the phone with the billing department trying to get a refund. I called them 3 times and every time I would have to start over explaining the situation and the rep disconnecting the call "accidentally". I posted a one-star review in ConsumerAffairs.com. The next day a rep from the internet provider sent me a private message. I got a refund in two days.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very helpful when I couldn't reach PeopleFinders, I emailed them for a week straight, sadly I only got a canned form letter response, that's not sufficient when you're trying to correct a nagging issue, or a potentially violent situation. Again they never overcharged me for any search, it was just the fact of trying to keep my ex out of my life. Thankfully ConsumerAffairs & PeopleFinders helped me to correct the situation finally. I would never have gotten anywhere on my own, SMH. :(

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have rated a service provider that was giving me difficulty twice on ConsumerAffairs, and both times the situations got resolved. I'm not saying it was entirely their doing, reviewing the service provider on Yelp probably helped too, but they played a big role, and for that I'm very grateful! ConsumerAffairs helps make things happen.

Hi Jim,

That’s wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I love the information I receive. There's not a single email that I do not forward. Most of my contact list have subscribed to get their own email. I wish there were a better way to relate the information to how it affects me.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I really like reading ConsumerAffairs Newsletter. It apparently has been coming to my Spam folder. I will look for it from now on before deleting my Spam mail. Please do not stop sending the emails to me.

Hi Clarice,

We love that you enjoy our newsletter! You can gain much needed information about product recalls and issues from it! We hope to continue to be your go-to source for research in future purchases!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 14, 2018

While I have posted several positive reviews, it is the two (only) negative reviews I am referencing here. I, unfortunately felt compelled to issue negative reports for HelloFresh meal delivery and First American Home Warranty. Both companies quickly responded to my CONSUMERAFFAIRS posts and my complaints were ultimately resolved to my satisfaction. They were resolved, even though both companies had initially, either refused to refund a 'billing error' or, denied a claim. I firmly believe that CONSUMERAFFAIRS provides the 'consumer' the forum and visibility to share their interactions with 'companies', with the public in general. That level of visibility, in my opinion, provided the impetus for the 'company' to make restitution and/or the repair in both cases. I firmly believe it was the service provided by posting on CONSUMERAFFAIRS that led to my satisfactory resolution.

Hi Virginia,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I thank CA for being available to deal with problems encountered when doing business. I wrote a review about a company and was later contacted by the President who resolved my complaint and then made up for every inconvenience. ConsumerAffairs gives the consumer a much needed voice.

Hi Viola,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: July 13, 2018

What an extreme waste of time and energy. I reviewed a company. Received an email that they responded. Had to create an acct to view it. Account created! Log in. Nothing. Was this a ploy to get my contact info as to bombard my cell or email with nonsense? If so, great. I gave you a nonworking number and a junk email. Mostly because I do not need an account to your crap site.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out! You were unable to see this review because the when you signed up for a ConsumerAffairs account you used a different email than what was provided in your original review. Please create an account using that email to be able to see your original review.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 11, 2018

I appreciated finding a site where it was easy to navigate and post my review. I didn't expect to hear from the company, but I did. While my experience was a negative one with the company I reviewed, they did respond, which is a plus, I appreciate having a forum and will be posting reviews more often. (Not just complaints, I believe good customer service is important and should be recognized more often.)

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been trying to write a review And they keep erasing it. Thank you for your advocacy in taking care of the problem with Choice Home Warranty. They too were very fair and resolved the Problem quickly. Thank you very much!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I asked not to be called but to be sent info via email. Instead I received dozens of calls. Not interested in a sales pitch via phone call. Send me the info and I will decide. Otherwise leave me alone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had some problems with eHarmony.com and I could not reach the customer service of this company. Eventually I decided to write a review on ConsumerAffairs.com and this really helped me to connect with eHarmony and resolve my issues. So my experience with ConsumerAffairs.com was very good and I thank for the prompt help.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I found this website looking for help to solve a problem with a company and my orders, and I wrote a review and very quickly the company contacted me to deal with my problem. I am happy I used this website and I review the company. It is the only power left to consumers, but it is not a weak power.

Original review: July 3, 2018

So I didn't get any satisfaction with a company, so I complained on this site. After doing so, the company reached out to me and refunded my money. I was so happy with the outcome which I thought was the fair solution.

Original review: July 1, 2018

When do a website that is supposed to report the truth hold a review because: "ON HOLD. Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." How can we trust a website to tell us the truth, when you write one and you get the above message. ConsumerAffairs are you here for the customers or your customers?

Hi Victor,

First, I want to personally thank you for using ConsumerAffairs! Your reviews were unable to be published because they were published on other sites. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. I encourage you to write a new unique review and resubmit.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 27, 2018

Once again Green Dot bank refuse to send me my money and ConsumerAffairs you let Green Dot post that this review was resolved and you know doggone well that I have not received my nine hundred ninety seven dollars and forty five cent. I'm writing this review to let ConsumerAffairs know that you allowed this event to go unresolved and falsely misdirect and lie about the resolution. Shame on you. I'm so appalled at your unprofessionalism. This means there's really nothing you can do. Thanks ConsumerAffairs. I guess you done all you can.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review was marked as resolved because, after several attempts, Green Dot was not able to reach you to help you come to a resolution.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was thrilled with how fast ConsumerAffairs was able to handle our matter with another company. I received email notification addressing my complaint shortly after writing the review, received telephone calls to gather more information and the issue was resolved within a week.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I just finished a review, after multiple efforts finally got me logged in to ConsumerAffairs, and when I had entered the four-character IAMNOTAROBOT field, the message asking for my contact information came up again, along with the cutesy little "Why does ConsumerAffairs need my contact info". Since I logged in, using my contact information less than 5 minutes ago, I would think a computer could recall that.

Original review: June 20, 2018

While I was having one of the worst experiences of my life trying to get repair a leaking shower faucet that had gone for 4 months calling and asking to insurance company or plumbing company for help and getting no response, I got to the point that had no place to turn and became across ConsumerAffairs I think possible by accident, I wrote to them and review the business in question, within 24 hours somebody from the home insurance company contacted me, and began to help. It took still more than a month because even that the employee from insurance company now is interested in helping, the plumber still not cooperating. But persistence and pressure from insurance company now willing to work with me, forced plumber to come and do repair, it took about an hour to get it done, and painful 5 months wait.

Thanks to Consumer Affairs my problem was resolved, and I truly believe that if they have not got involved, my leaking shower would have never got fix, unless I give thousands of dollars as the plumbing company told me will cost for me to do in my own. Can't stop to praise Consumer Affairs for the help and assistance, would recommended with no hesitation to any person having issues with a none responsive company.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I always trust ConsumerAffairs.com and had an incredible experience always. Even if sometimes my issue is not resolved I feel like someone is there to listen to me. I feel light heart like I let out all my anger in words and sharing my thoughts with other folks.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information

NV
89449-4470
www.consumeraffairs.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business