It's that easy Request Information
4.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

948 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 20, 2019

I had a very disagreeable issue with another company. Never got a satisfying response. Got 3 rounds of the go around. Posted here and within days found a way to resolve my issue! Thank you so much ConsumerAffairs!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

With me writing in to ConsumerAffairs, the matter taken care of right away. Thank you, for the fast response, I got my money back in my account. I can't believe that a company can take your money right away but to refund the money it takes 12 working days to Refund you back. Not fair.

Original review: March 18, 2019

ConsumerAffairs was great, they work fast and my review was resolved in no time. Will use them again to check products before I buy or with a problem. Would recommend this company to anyone before you buy.

Hi Jan,

We're so glad we were able to help you out and love that you're planning on checking back with us before you make purchases going forward. We believe everyone deserves to make smart decisions, so we're always trying to provide consumers and businesses with the best information we can! Thanks for using ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I was frustrated with my experience with a company, and took the opportunity to review it here, to at least shout my frustration with the bad behavior of the company *somewhere*. I was surprised to find that the company actually took the complaint seriously, showing that they care about the public image of reviews on this site! Now, unfortunately, the company overall did not behave well, even after getting in touch with me as a direct result of this review. But I got *more* and *better* response than I had been getting, as a direct result of posting here. I intend to become more active here as a result, because it seems at least like this site really is for "consumer affairs", and there's precious little of that elsewhere, it feels like.

Hi E.L.,

Thanks for being a fan! We think you're pretty great too. We hope to be your go-to resource for sharing reviews and researching any major purchases in the future.

Original review: March 15, 2019

It works. I am so delighted that I was able to have my issue with Vonage resolved using your website. Vonage actually credited my account using this website where their telephone customer service would not.

Hi Ish,

Thank you for sharing this experience! We love hearing about companies taking care of their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: March 12, 2019

Good result from online review. After posting a negative review of a company based on my experience, the company I reviewed swiftly responded, assigned several representatives, who stayed on top of my issue and eventually resolved it to my satisfaction.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

That's great news Elaine!

We're so glad that we could help you and the company work things out. Thanks for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I posted about a company I had issues with, and thanks to ConsumerAffairs it was resolved. I appreciate the hard work ConsumerAffairs does. Thank you so much for helping in this matter. I will continue to use ConsumerAffairs.

Hi Jamie,

We're so glad that our site was able to help you resolve a problem! Connecting consumers with Brands is what we're here to do and we love hearing that it works! We're all very glad you were able to work things out with the company you had problems with.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I am trying to delete my account with ConsumerAffairs.com. I called the contact number but the only option was to leave a message. No callbacks. There is no place on the site that an account can be deleted.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thanks for reaching out. Your account has been removed per your request.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have never used any complaint site before and used ConsumerAffairs as my first. I am very pleased with the response time and the opportunity to complain about a product or company and also have the opportunity to rewrite a resolution whether positive or negative. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Excellent website for resolving our concerns regarding a trip refund of nearly $15,000.00. Our direct communication with the company left us frustrated at best and quite honestly - a bit angry. This venue allowed for open dialogue which the company clearly recognized and ultimately responded to.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am so thankful to ConsumerAffairs. If it was not for their intervention I don't think I would had received the refund owed to me. So, this agency is a consumer tool that makes a dramatic difference in consumer's life! Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My Issue was with a TV warranty company. I received a reply from Square Trade, the company in question within 24 hours of my published issue. Within another two days, my issue was solved to my satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After posting here the company that I had an issue with, responded quickly and satisfactorily resolved the problem. The company reviewed the documentation I had sent, responded to the ConsumerAffairs site with the resolution, I updated my original posting with the details of the resolution.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Thank you so much for giving ordinary citizens like myself the opportunity to voice our concerns. Without your service I'm doubtful my issue with Viasat would have been favorably resolved. Thanks again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Not sure if Empire Today would have ever taken the step to correct the problem without your assistance and the help of my sales rep from Empire Today. Want to thank ConsumerAffairs for their support and much appreciated help in this issue!!! Thank You.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

From what I've viewed of this company its numbers of reviews, extreme limited to a point of question... If only a limited number of people reviewed anything the review is not a controlled review. Better be nice to a shakedown or you will receive a poor review?

Hi J.P.,

Thank you for your feedback! Feedback from consumers like you is how we learn and grow. We look forward to discussing your input further with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

ConsumerAffairs, this website, gives a glowing representation of MoneyGram even after receiving dozens upon dozens of negative reviews and complaints about MoneyGram. These are no expert reviews or even real reviews. ConsumerAffairs does not consider the reviews of the consumers it so brazenly lies to and pretends it represents. Proof is here in black and white. Read the reviews of MoneyGram and then the plug by ConsumerAffairs. Disgusting.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us! We value the consumers who use our site and always strive to take their criticisms as a chance to learn and grow.

We have thorough check points in place when it comes to reviews to help make sure the reviews we publish are authentic and try to be transparent about our practices. You can read all about how we handle reviews, ads that may be placed on the site and more at: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/#how-we-handle-reviews

Thank you again for the opportunity to address your concerns.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I honestly appreciated what you guys do! Basically I did my honest review in 24 hours for an airline company that reduce to price match my booking. I received a call from the company I review to get a resolution! Which they agreed on! Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I could not find any option to close my account anywhere within the account, help, or Google search. I contacted CS by email asking "how do I close my account?" and I did not receive a response. Very concerning.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On 1/15/2019, I complained about Acorn Stairlift's service department. Thanks to your intervention, I received a call this morning from Josh at Acorn's customer service. He is sending a technician out in two days to resolve my complaint at no further charge to me. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was surprised I got way more than I expected by posting a review on ConsumerAffairs, I did not realize this site Works toward resolutions and also informed consumers of issues. My posting showed over 2,300 reviews days, wow I'd say that's pretty powerful never expected this kind of results. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2019 & beyond.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The review process was helpful in resolving my issue; however, I would have chosen another way post my dissatisfaction with the company had I know they share the reviews with the companies being reviewed. Kind of unethical in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This was my first experience using a platform like Consumer Affairs and I have to tell you after posting my complaint I got results within 24 hours! And my issue was resolved! This platform is a Great tool to be used as my issue was with Sprint that started on January 1, 2019 and should have taken 48 hours to complete. With my posting on January 9th it was resolved today January 11. Sprint responded quickly and effectively!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When I need to know about a product or a service, I go to ConsumerAffairs. The reviews help me make my decisions. I like that about the website. The opportunity to tell others about my experiences is phenomenal. Hopefully, others will feel the same way I do about ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

That’s wonderful to hear! We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2019 & beyond.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I have never written a review on ConsumerAffairs before, it was easy and I was happy with the results I received. Would definitely use their service again, it was an excellent way to address a problem in a professional manner.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

This is a great forum to get issues addressed and resolved. There truly is "Power in the Pen"! The next time that I have a negative experience with a service or goods provider I will definitely utilize this forum.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

That’s wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. Remember, reviews aren’t just for negative experiences. They can praise brands for exceptional service as well. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2019 & beyond.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've written three reviews. One has never been published but they don't tell you why it isn't. One ended up being a misunderstanding because of a 3rd party involved in the process I was reviewing so I would have liked to delete it but couldn't figure out how the subject does not appear to be addressed in the Help. At least I was able to improve the star rating of the company, though since I have almost no experience with them, I don't feel good about rating them at all. I have no doubt this review won't be published, by the way. :-)

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had bad experience with a company and shared my experience through ConsumerAffairs and the issues was resolved. Very good communication. Recommend ConsumerAffairs to everyone. Thank you so much ConsumerAffairs Team.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I truly appreciate the service and support I received from ConsumerAffairs.com. As a result of this service, not only was I able to post an honest and unadulterated review of a service experience, but I was also able to read other reviewer's similar experiences. After posting my review, I was contacted by a representative and have a final positive resolution of my problem within one week. Thank you, thank you, ConsumerAffairs.com.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I provided an extremely low rating for company I was having a dispute with, when I was contacted by ConsumerAffairs and shared my dilemma with them. Immediately they took up my case and went into action! What I had been trying to accomplish in almost a month, was then set off in a couple weeks. It seemed that the very mention of ConsumerAffairs started the ball rolling. Thank you so much...

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information