It's that easy Request Information
3.80/5
Based on 141 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

832 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love Consumer Affairs. I hate when I have to use it. As I usually only use it when I have a poor experience with a company or corporation. If I have anything good to say about my experience somewhere I review on the company’s website or Yelp. This is my last resort website and I like to call her my Safe Space. When I’m free to express my experiences and their outcomes as openly as I wish. They review things in a very timely manner, and post them in a timely manner. I truly love Consumer Affairs. ♥️

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

ConsumerAffairs is a great tool for communication between consumer and business. I received an email every time the company responded to my messages, and it was a great record of the dates and times of our exchanges. ConsumerAffairs helped me resolve my account issue promptly.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I experienced a problem involving a disputed charge from my alarm monitoring service. Initial attempts to resolve the issue with the alarm service failed. Posting my complaint on ConsumerAffairs immediately produced a response from the alarm company which led to resolution. Thanks ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel ConsumerAffairs is on the right track to protect/help the consumer when products are purchased and does not work as expected. They are a good liaison between both parties and problems can usually be resolved... depending on the product and problem. I had a problem with a smoker and could not get in touch with the manufacturer to save my life. Numerous phone calls by myself and my wife, as well as using a form on their website to address issues... all avenues failed. I then went on to ConsumerAffairs to see what others were going through and if they had the same problem as I did. I then posted my problem, and within a week the manufacturer responded to the forum post and the problem was resolved. This is where to go for product issues! Good job ConsumerAffairs!!

Hi Woody,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 11, 2018

I went back and forth with LA-Z-BOY for a year, on a piece of junk 1800.00 chair I bought. They would do NOTHING for me... UNTIL>>> A post on Consumer Affairs, and all of a sudden, after one year, they contacted me 4 times in only 5 hours! They still SUCK (LA-Z-BOY) but I would not have gotten eighteen hundred dollars back were it not for ConsumerAffairs.com. THANK YOU. And to anyone looking at LA-Z-BOY furniture... save your money and go elsewhere!

Hi Mark,

That’s wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: June 10, 2018

This is the first time I had seen this forum and I was so pleased to be able to use it. It allows others to come and look up something they might be interested in or have concerns about and see if they are validated or not. I will definitely come back to check on things and leave reviews if I need to.

Hi Joanne,

Original review: June 10, 2018

ConsumerAffairs offers a platform for the individual consumer to share honest reviews that will be shared with the general public as well merchants/vendors. My most recent review was resolved within 24 hours of its posting.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 9, 2018

Trying to cancel our order in the 3 day grace period. Thank you for your help in getting our order resolved with Blue World Pools. We really appreciate what you did and the help and support you provided.

Hi Deborah,

We are happy we were able to help! We hope to continue to be your source for news and reviews in future purchasing decisions!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 6, 2018

Thank you! After filling my complaint with your company, I had a real person to call me. Something I couldn’t get on my own. Only problem I have is on the Star rating. Wish there was something between dissatisfied and satisfied for Green Dot. Wish I could have given a 2 1/2 stars. It’s impossible to talk to anyone once you have closed your account!

Hi Marcie,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I recently had an issue with getting a claim paid by an automotive extended warranty company. I have had many experiences with many different warranty companies, as I am a automotive service professional but, none like the one I had been dealing with until very recently. It had taken weeks to get an authorized repair claim paid by them with a credit card as promised until I wrote a negative review about the experience on your website. Unfortunately, I think the same issues will continue for others that my have a much larger (cost wise) claim than mine but mine has been resolved as a direct result of my review. In fact, the warranty company representative asked if I would please remove my negative review after my claim was resolved and I agreed to do it. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Excellent Site for Consumers. After exhausting all avenues to resolve a problem with a consumer debit card, I found ConsumerAffairs online. After posting a review explaining my problem I was contacted by the card issuer. They were very helpful in getting the matter resolved to my satisfaction. I don't think that I would have gotten the matter resolved without them. I certainly would use them again.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 2, 2018

I am disappointed with your organization!! I wrote an honest opinion is about JustFlowers and you refused to allow me to help others. That company is a fraud. In good faith, I purchased and prepaid for flowers that were never delivered, and were not delivered on the promised date. I am not the only consumer with the same complaint. Why not published mine?? Do you have stock in that company? Conflict of interest?? My review deserves to be published.

Hi Sonja,

Thank you for reaching out! You original review for JustFlowers, written on 05/13/2018, was published on the date you submitted it. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 31, 2018

ConsumerAffairs helped resolve a problem I had with my home warranty company quickly and easily. Before posting my experience on this site, my claim had been stuck in limbo with no end in sight. No more than 24 hours after I posted a review of my experience, I was contacted directly by the company in question who was able to resolve my issue within a few days. Thanks for everything you do and for giving consumers a voice!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Consumer Affairs did not publish my review. Obviously Consumer Affairs is showing their bias and lack of integrity! Home warranties are a consumer rip off! The reviews posted on your website in reference to the home warranty company I wrote about earlier, for the most part are fake. Consumer Affairs appears to be a fraud also. I will be sure to post my opinion about you on other websites, including YouTube, Facebook, and many other forums. Have fun scraping your reputation off the pavement!

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review was unable to be published because it was too short. I encourage you to re-write your review for American Residential Warranty including more detail about your experience with them and submit it for publishing.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I gave a review about NewSouth Window Solutions on May 25th. I was a little ticked off that I have not been able to get their repairman out to fix my brand new windows and doors. I told Consumer Affairs that if NewSouth comes out and does the repairs to make them work like the rest of the windows and doors work - which is perfectly. I will up to five stars. Yet, when I wrote my new review and up my review to five stars I was denied because I did not meet the criteria. What is the criteria? NewSouth Windows Solutions did such great work except for my one complaint. Now it is fixed and like I told Consumer Affairs when they called that I would definitely up to FIVE STARS. Tell me now what is the criteria to get my new review in??

Hi Gina,

Thank you for reaching out! You are able to post a resolution to your original review to show that New South was able to come in and correct the issues you were having, rather than writing a completely new review. To post a resolution please follow the steps below:

-Find your reviews
-Click on the review title you want to update
-Click on the text "Would you like to mark this review as resolved?"

-Write your experience, update your star rating and hit the button "Resolve This Review"

Once you post your resolution, you can also update your star rating for them. Please reach out if you have any issues completing this. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I shared my subscription with Weight Watchers experience on ConsumerAffairs' site and I was connected the same day with WW. Twenty four hours later my issue was solved, and the payment fully reimbursed. Thank you Consumer Affairs for providing a civilized space where a decent dialog is established, and quick solutions are found. Keep this great site working.

Hi Adrian,

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was having a very frustrating experience with another company that I had ordered furniture from and getting nowhere with their "customer service" lines. I then posted my issue here on this site and got an immediate response from the company with an offer to look into my problem. Within about a week I had a positive resolution. I am very pleased with the outcome and I will be checking here in the future BEFORE I go shopping, because the reviews are quite eye opening and I trust that they are legitimate.

Angie,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 29, 2018

ConsumerAffairs provided me with the platform to be heard; which allowed me to share my unpleasant and negative experience with a company that failed to do what is right. ConsumerAffairs addressed my issue and the outcome will benefit both parties. You need ConsumerAffairs (the Reinforcement Team) on your side. Well done!

Hi Kataski,

Thank you for sharing your experiences! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a very misleading experience with this company. Someone called me about my experience with another company, but made it seem as if they represented the other company. They were not clear that my response would be published on their website. They published a review for me, and I had to create an account with them (sharing my phone number, email, address) just to see the comment that I posted. After creating an account, I was not able to remove my comment from the site.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out! One of our team members will reach out to you soon.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I received an email from Consumer Affairs a week after they called me for a review. I provided a my review, which was a positive review. Today I received an email from no-reply@consumeraffairs.com partially quoting my earlier review with hyperlinks to log in to my account and/or create an account. The last button was a hyperlink to Read the Response, when clicked it, I was required you to create an account, which required that I provide me personal information. After I filled everything in to create an account, and I logged on to the Consumer Affairs website and when I clicked on My Reviews, I was informed that I did not have any reviews. Sure feels like a SCAM to get my personal information.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out! You were unable to locate the phone review you gave due to using a different email address than what was provided in your review to create a ConsumerAffairs account. A team member will reach out to you to verify the information. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2018

I’ve submitted several reviews to warn the consumer of BUYER BEWARE...also sent in many pages of documents to prove the issues. Not one of the reviews have been posted for the consumer to read... I believe this Consumer Affairs is owned by these big businesses that want to pick only the few good reviews that are sent in. SUCH FRAUDULENT PRACTICES.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out! We understand your concern. A ConsumerAffairs team member will contact you regarding your reviews shortly.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 15, 2018

No questions. Hands down this is better than BBB. Consumer Affairs get resolution and not, "Oh call and see." If sup I think they actually try and come up with resolution as well. Nevertheless my situation is extremely severe and what I've been through. I'm so grateful.

Hi Jamainayh,

Thank you for reaching out! We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 12, 2018

This website provides an excellent opportunity to share experiences, both good and challenging, with companies and situations. The site also seems to be monitored closely by companies. Thank you for your service.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Wrote a huge review about ADT and while it said it was getting views but I searched high and low and couldn't see it. It then said that ADT responded and was waiting for my response but there was nothing there. I give up.

Original review: May 7, 2018

ConsumerAffairs.com was a huge help in resolving our issue with Hayneedle. We are so pleased with "Andrew" at Hayneedle for caring about our problem and working to make it right. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for getting us together with the right person at Hayneedle to find a solution to our complaint.

Hi Ruth,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 4, 2018

After MONTHS of calling the company and trying to get a resolution for a lost package, I finally posted a one star review on ConsumerAffairs. The company immediately responded to my review and I got an email that day saying my claim was approved and a resolution was being handled. The next day I received my missing package next day air. Thanks ConsumerAffairs!

Hi Jim,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2018

In an age of indirect contact between patron and business employees, getting one's needs met as a consumer can feel like moving the Titanic. Impossible. ConsumerAffairs provides a platform to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction when circumstances warrant either. I appreciate the ease and opportunity to do so. Leaving a review here bypasses the long waits on the phone, the wading through multiple representatives to possibly speak with someone in authority. I left one review, and was contacted within hours by the company, and resolved the issue to my satisfaction, without tearing my hair out in frustration. I will return here in the future when the need arises. Thank you, CA.

Hi Carolyn,

That's wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 30, 2018

A few weeks ago, I had a couple of positive experiences using American Home Shield. So, when they called asking me to review the contractors that performed the work I was happy to tell them about my positive experience. At the end of the interview they said they were going to publish it online. I didn't know that at the time, but I said sure why not? Anyway, fast forward to today, I get an email saying that American Home Shield responded to my review, but in order to see their response, I have go to Consumer Affairs website and create an account. Basically, give them ALL of MY information. And for what? To see a stupid generic response? Screw you? Why are you trying to farm my personal information? I call BS on you! Drop dead! You blew my positive experience, NOW, I just hate you! Late!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand your concern. In the past, we allowed users to simply write a review and verify their email address. Since June of 2013, we now ask all consumers to create an account on our site for the following reasons:
-We'll be able to contact you if we need to ask a follow-up question.
-You can track the progress of your review anytime.
-Companies respond more frequently to reviews from customers with verified contact information.
-A company can contact you privately to resolve your issues.
-You don't have to fill in your contact information again for each new review.

-When the company has resolved your review, you can post a follow-up message.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 27, 2018

Thank you for giving us somewhere to go and share our experiences as paying consumers in an attempt at a resolution as well as to let other consumers know who and what to look out for. I wish I looked on your site prior to using Enterprise/National car rental and we would have never used them based on your verified buyers' low reviews. Lesson learned. We will look on your site from now on before we do business with a company we’ve never done business with before. Thank you.

Hi Bill,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 26, 2018

Why would Consumer Affairs alter my Review? They edited it to suit somebody else's needs. My Review included the word "**" when describing MYSELF and that word was removed, why? It was relevant to the experience that I had with MoneyGram. Every single Foreign person had their transactions go straight through without any problems, that was what I personally observed. What is the problem with the truth?

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information