3.80/5
  • 1 star
Based on 110 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

756 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

What can I say? If it weren't for ConsumersAffairs.com, I would not have my problem resolved in 48 hours. After posting a negative review about Nutrisystem's service-canceling shenanigans, their rep called in 24 hours, listened and refunded my money. I hope that there are more happy customers as myself because we need someone to protect us. Thank you, ConsumerAffairs for being here for us!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I posted a negative review not because of the product I received but because the Customer Service was unreasonable and unhelpful. Within 24 hours I have had my issue resolved and am delighted. Thank you Consumer Affairs for being a great way to get things done!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This is the first time I used Consumer Affairs to report an issue with an internet vendor. After numerous calls to the vendors customer service, I kept getting a response "there's nothing we can do". When I posted my negative feedback about the company on Consumer Affairs, suddenly the issue was escalated at the vendors site and the issue was resolved the same day. I'm so IMPRESSED! I don't think this would have been resolved had it not been for the Consumer Affairs site which allowed me to post on their social media platform to report this issue to other prospective customers of this vendor. Kudos to Consumer Affairs! Thank you so much!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Just tried using your matching service for 3 household items. I realize I don't live in a large city, however I have always found top rated appliances and beds locally or within a few miles with FREE DELIVERY. This is the reason you have not seen me on your website in a very long time. Now it will probably be much longer before I come back since you are of little help. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I wrote a bad review of Laser Spine Institute a few years back and you deleted it, using the excuse that you could not collaborate my story, despite me providing you with as much documentation as you wished. I understood why you did that. You sell LSI ads!!!! And I guess I'm wasting my time writing this since you will simply erase this comment. Is there an independent party that I can I go to to review you?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

While I appreciate the overall editing of my interview, I am greatly displeased that Consumer Affairs placed my name with the published review I gave on the telephone to the person who called me on your behalf. Upon my request, she agreed not to link my name with the interview that was to be published. In fact, we agreed the identity would read, "Anonymous, Tennessee". I have used considerable time this afternoon working with the company I was asked to review in order to reach a resolution. The company representative who called me was gracious, but I could tell she was somewhat distressed on behalf of her company. I suggest that you delete my Consumer Affairs account and please do not contact me for any reason or send any materials. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I received a call after inquiring about the possibility of obtaining a new home warranty through ARW. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions in great detail. Not pushing anything on the customer at all. They simply tell you what they can offer and you can "reserve" your rate and make a final decision at your leisure. Great rates and no contract is ultimately what made me want to go with this company. Hopefully this continues to be a good decision (if and when) I may need to open a claim.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Last week I reviewed a company I had a recent issue with. The review was published on ConsumerAffairs.com and immediately after it was available online, the company I wrote about contacted me. Long story short... the company and I came to an agreement amicably. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.com!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I made several reviews and complaints on this site - thinking its real - but not when it comes to all of my posts of it - and it was the truth to warn the public - to help consumers to beware of the scams out there. I know by experience! But it doesn't work here for everyone! And that's not fair! So I'm done with this! Nothing but a waste of my time! But never again! And I'm proud to say its a fact! Not my opinion! Bye! See ya!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

There is no warning that once a review is posted can't delete if resolved. I tried to update with resolution but it didn't post the update nor will you allow me to write an updated review with resolution. Very disappointed in your site. Now I understand why other reviews don't say what ended up happening.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have used Consumer Affairs only once to complain about a business, but I have used it often to review other companies and read opinions about local businesses. I want to thank Consumer Affairs for a quick response, resolving a problem and giving me an opportunity to sound off when I felt we were victims. I will continue to use and recommend Consumer Affairs to friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I really like this website. I just can't say enough about it. I joined 2 years ago to post a review of a website that I felt was engaging in shady practices and my review was actually seen by the company. I know this because they responded multiple times. I believe that is the only way I got my money back. I didn't realize it at the time because I either wasn't getting the notifications when the company responded or I just didn't pay attention to my email, but I remember getting my money refunded and in hindsight I believe it was in response to my review because it kind of came out of the blue. Highly recommend this site! Now, before I buy anything from a site I am unfamiliar with I will check ConsumerAffairs first. I also love that you can mark your issue as resolved, but the original review still remains. Even if a company fixes the issue, other consumers still have the right to KNOW what the issue was in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

4 of my 5 reviews have been on hold for weeks. At least one gives me a message that it does not meet with guidelines. But my online inquiry as to why has gone unanswered. I'm just trying to get a helpful and COMPLETELY TRUTHFUL review out there. It does not contain any profanity or vulgarity so I have no idea what is unacceptable about it. Can someone help me out here?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I have to thank you Consumer Affairs for resolving my issue I had with a company that I will not name in this post. After sharing my a negative experience with them on your site, they contacted me and problem was resolved. Thanks again!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I was happy to have an outlet to voice my displeasure and now my pleasure. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for being prompt with your reply and for being there in my time of frustration and finally my advice would be be careful not to jump to the conclusion like I did.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My review that was published online was missing a key piece of information. Without this fact, my review sounded positive even though I gave the company a one star review. There is no way to edit or delete the review once it is published. Consumers should be able to review the edited version of the review before it is published.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I posted an honest review of an issue with a companys service. After it was posted the company I had the issue with contacted me and after a discussion about the issue the company made it right. I do believe that using ConsumerAffairs was the reason I was contacted. I also believe since ConsumerAffairs does some verification before allowing post the reviews are truthful. I will use ConsumerAffairs on future reviews before selecting a service or business. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I submitted a review of my experience with Nutrisystem on November 11th and on November 18th Nutrisystem resolved my problem. I had no expectations and mainly wrote my review to ConsumerAffairs to dispel my frustration with Nutrisystem. Well, ConsumerAffairs certainly must “carry some weight” as I actually received resolution! Thanks so much ConsumerAffairs for being available to us.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My original post was 1 Star. I did an update and gave it 5 stars. But, your company changed my original 1 Star to 5! And the update is not there. So, you put a 5 Star in a 1 Star complaint. I just did another review as an update for my original complaint and gave them a 5 Star. I cannot find the previous update. Your company screwed that up! UGH!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I recently posted a review on ConsumerAffairs.com to share my experience with a company. I found ConsumerAffairs.com to be extremely effective in helping me resolve the issue. Their automated notifications and status tracking tools work great! I am pleased with this service and will continue using it to post positive and negative reviews of other companies in order to help others make informed decisions about who they should do business with.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

After six months of getting nowhere with a grievance I had with a company, I finally filed a negative review with ConsumerAffairs. I had contacted the Phoenix BBB, state Registrar of Contractors, Attorney General's office and even local attorneys with no positive response. ConsumerAffairs posted my review immediately and was the most helpful in resolving my situation. I have to believe that was the reason the company that I was having a dispute with did a complete turnaround the very next day. If I ever get into a disagreement with a company in the future, my first stop will be ConsumerAffairs. I will also check with ConsumerAffairs before contracting a company regarding any future work I have done. It is a good feeling to know that someone is willing to help because before contacting ConsumerAffairs, I was not getting anywhere. Thank you so much for your help.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Attempted to create a profile in order to comment on a negative experience regarding another company (Magic Jack). However, the ConsumerAffairs website does not accept valid postal code entries from Canada. I chose to enter a US zip code to create my profile; then tried to update it with the correct information once the profile was created. Not successful! Really disappointing - and not acceptable. Please fix this asap. Also, no Support Phone numbers are provided.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Easy to use the website. Reasonable response time for when the review has become public. Not sure of: impact of ConsumerAffairs reviews, do those reviews carry any weight? Is the site just a venting site for consumers and no actual benefits to consumers? Do reviewed companies, vendors, etc. care or read the review on this site? In conclusion, ConsumerAffairs is a nice site but a lot of questions about its impact. Now let's see if ConsumerAffairs will read and respond!

Hi Mark,

We love it when Companies engage with consumers. That's why companies can sign up for ConsumerAffairs for Brands, which allows them to respond to consumer's complaints and reviews. When a brand partners with us they become an accredited brand. They sign an agreement to use our platform allowing them to respond to the reviews left on our site by consumers.

-Ashley

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

If it was not for ConsumerAffairs I don't think Rocket Lawyer would have ever listened to me. I complained directly to this company and did not get a response. You were a great help when I was feeling helpless. Because of you they heard my voice and responded. Thank you ConsumerAffairs, you are providing a needed service.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Writing review on this website actually prompted Selectblinds.com to actually resolve the issue they created. Impressive.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have been reading your articles for some time now. At the end of your articles it says share your comments, but I do not see a dialogue box or a section for that. If you want your site to be truly interactive then provide a section for your readers to comment. Get with the program folks, you can do better.

Hi Erica,
Thank you for reaching out! Below the 'Share your Comments' title, there should be a box that says, 'Add a comment...' You can share your thoughts and comments within this box. Please let me know if you continue to have issues so that I can have this addressed on our end!
Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-Ashley

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

If you see this -> ** that means someone at ConsumerAffairs has literally gone inside of your review and EDITED information in order to protect the company! And to top it off you can't edit or delete your review once posted!!! You can’t even delete your account for crying out loud! I wrote a very detailed description of my experience with a particular company and included an email address that was created solely for the purpose of getting a lawsuit going i.e. nobody would even know that email existed unless they are trying to sue as well. When I read my review that was actually posted for the public to see it says “Please email ** if you want to be a part of the lawsuit” HEY CONSUMERAFFAIRS!!! PEOPLE CAN'T EMAIL **!!! THAT'S NOT AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!! JUST TELL ME TO TAKE THAT OUT NEXT TIME!!!

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out. Our privacy policy does not permit us to share consumers' contact information with others who have had similar experiences. You can read more about this in our FAQs here.
We do not currently have a feature that allows consumers to message each other using our website, but we hope to have a feature like this available in the future.

Thank you for choosing ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Immediately after I submitted my complaint to Consumer Affairs within two days I received a call from American Equity. My issue was resolved and I am thankful to Consumer Affairs for quick action and great customer service. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The review "approval" process was lengthy and then there is no way to edit a review. So should things change regarding the status of a service related review you need to write addendums to the review, that is cumbersome especially with the wait.

Hi Steve,

First, I want to personally thank you for using ConsumerAffairs. We are currently working on getting these issues resolved so that consumers like you can have your reviews posted in a more timely manner.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I tried calling a service company about billing issues and spent months without a satisfactory resolution. I posted a review on ConsumerAffairs and received a call from the service company within a week. My issues were resolved immediately. I happily recommend ConsumerAffairs. They helped me do in 1 week what I couldn't do in several months.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information

www.consumeraffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use