3.99/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2017

730 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Immediately after I submitted my complaint to Consumer Affairs within two days I received a call from American Equity. My issue was resolved and I am thankful to Consumer Affairs for quick action and great customer service. Thank you!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I tried calling a service company about billing issues and spent months without a satisfactory resolution. I posted a review on ConsumerAffairs and received a call from the service company within a week. My issues were resolved immediately. I happily recommend ConsumerAffairs. They helped me do in 1 week what I couldn't do in several months.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I am very impressed with the option you've given on the employment listings. What a smart, aware, and progressive idea to include the choice of permitting an individual to send in a 'these are my skills' application. BRAVO.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Billing resolutions with another company - Absolutely fabulous experience. Accomplished in a matter of 24 hours something I couldn't resolve for the last 60 days... I would recommend this for any business or any consumer. It is probably the best resolution website I've ever come across. I'm still in shock at the speed in which everything fell into place. Truly you guys absolutely Rock... Haven't been this amazed since the Magic Eraser came out. ;-)

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was a victim of the world we live in that is currently (as you know) not lacking in immoral, corrupt, and unethical business practices. Nevertheless, I gained a sense of security when I found ConsumerAffairs.com and read other consumer complaints. Clearly, we need more people to stand for justice and making the world a better place by standing up for what is right and fair. Thanks ConsumerAffairs and keep up the fight and good work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Highly Recommend This Website. Problems or complaints with your purchasing experience can be resolved through this website promptly. Your merchandise providers will take it seriously to work with you to resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Handled my case swiftly and I am satisfied with the resolution and the case is now closed. Thank you ConsumerAffairs. You provide an outlet for people to do research before deciding on a product or service. I know I've read reviews on here before and decided to pass on products or services based on some of the reviews. I will continue to recommend ConsumerAffairs for others in need of a resolution or to do their diligent research before spending their money on a product or service. Thanks again for the great service that you provide.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

So, while looking into a few different companies, to see who may be a better match for the services I'm looking for? i.e., Credit Monitoring, I. D. Theft Protection, etc. It just so happens that CONSUMERAFFAIRS has a few pages dedicated to just that very subject. It all looks very ligament and offers about 5 or 6 different companies to look at. Their number 1 company is LIFELOCK. Then the lines become blurred with a mixture of other companies. I. D. SHIELD, And others.

They, ConsumerAffairs, even asks you to enter your Zip Code and answer a bunch of questions. (Don't worry, they don't ask you for your S.S.I. Number or other personal information), just the type of level of monitoring you're interested in obtaining? But, it doesn't matter what level you want? Whether it's a basic, no frills account, all the way up to a full blown credit monitoring. Because, the outcome will be the same each and every single time. Yes, I tried it several different ways, entering different information each time. Thinking that a different company would come up? It never did. The only credit monitoring company that ever appears is LIFELOCK.

Hey, CONSUMERAFFAIRS... How much is LIFELOCK paying you to direct all of us to their website? Wow... It's a sad, sad day when you can't even trust ConsumerAffairs. And, you've got to be a ConsumerAffairs Member to be able to post these reviews. Of which, now that I know the truth, about how ConsumerAffairs Operates (OPEN TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER), I will be canceling my membership. I can only hope that others read this. But, ConsumerAffairs will get their eyes on it first, I'm sure? And, it will never reach publication. After all, they are the guards over their own henhouse. Never trust anyone!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Due to a negative experience with another company, I posted negative reviews on Consumer Affairs as well as two other sites. Immediately after seeing the review on one of the other sites, the company contacted me to offer a sincere apology and a full refund. But to be eligible for the refund I had to sign a legal document promising not to post any negative reviews. The other two sites allowed me to easily delete the reviews, but Consumer Affairs won't let me do that. As a result I am now in legal jeopardy. I recommend that people avoid this site.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I spent months trying to get our air conditioning unit fixed by our home warranty company, with no positive response. Finally, out of frustration I posted a review and complaint about the warranty company. Within a day I received a response from the company, who assigned a specialist to our claim, and within a week or two the unit was fixed. I still have an issue with the warranty company that it took 3 1/2 months to complete the work, which could have been done the beginning of the summer, not the end! But, I fully believe that it was due to ConsumerAffairs.com that the work was completed at all. Shame it had to reach that level. If you have a legitimate complaint, this is the website to help.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

When my wife and I were having trouble getting any email or phone response from CSA Travel Protection we didn't know where to turn. Fortunately, others had had similar issues with CSA Travel Protection and were able to get them resolved through ConsumerAffairs. We followed the directions and ConsumerAffairs were able to get CSA to response and to send us the check we had been waiting for for 3 months. That is excellent service! CSA Travel Protection should try to emulate it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Why does ConsumerAffairs post 5-star reviews at the very top of every page regardless of what page you go to? No options to filter by date or ratings. Very odd. I suspect it has something to do with monies paid by the companies that sponsor your site. All sites I shop with have filtering options. Some even offer competitive sites and yes, with filters! I'll stick with them for now and Consumer (unbiased) Reports.org.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had a horrible experience. My air conditioner was down for most of the summer. I posted a review of the company and due to ConsumerAffairs getting involved my AC was repaired and the company promised to make compensation for all I went through.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

After entering my issue on ConsumerAffairs the company I was dealing with went from very difficult to communicate with and unwilling to listen to my complaint. However, after detailing my issue on ConsumerAffairs the company was much more proactive and willing to listen to me their paying customer. I recommend that consumers take advantage of ConsumerAffairs services and also wish consumers the same positive result I encountered.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I am very pleased the way Consumer Affairs handled my inquiry regards problem I was having with my home warranty co. Their input helped resolve the issue and my warranty co resolved the issue with me to my satisfaction. Without Consumer Affairs' involvement, this issue would not have been resolved.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Most people are remiss in not offering public commentary on the quality of the services they receive from companies. This site provides an easy and reliable way to help consumers find quality vendors. MORE IMPORTANTLY, this site gives you an effective way to communicate directly with companies when you aren't pleased. I have experienced first hand how a big company was almost immediately responsive to my post about their service and after a few information exchanges through CA, my concerns were fairly resolved by the company. I couldn't have done this without CA. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

My experience with the ConsumerAffairs rep was satisfactory. She was polite and eager to help. I had an issue on two separate occasions where I attempted to pay bills and my Wal-Mart money card was declined although I had sufficient funds available.

Resolution response: Aug. 31, 2017

The company fixed what was done so this can be closed.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have called many times and emailed and get no help. I want my account deleted and my complaint removed. You ask for a receipt and say it will not be shown it will be kept private yet you posted the receipt along with my complaint. I have emailed and called many times asking for it to be removed and you do not respond. Your site is not a legit site. You do not follow your TOS and Privacy which you claim to follow. I'm contacting the agencies that regulate your business about you going against your TOS/Privacy and not responding when called many times and emailed many times!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Feeling totally stymied in a customer dispute over returning goods not desired, I reached out to ConsumerAffairs to make public my negative experience. It took less than a week and a proactive call to the company and found they were aware of my review and jumped over backwards to "make me happy"... and, I am.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Thus far, this website has been shown to be helpful. I am able to truly expressing my satisfaction or unsatisfaction with specific businesses and to communicate with those specific businesses about my experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I left a review for the Walmart Money Card. There were some issues I had, and I let them know. It was left with no expectation of anything coming from it. Well, my issues were mostly resolved! It's nice to know companies care about how consumers really feel. ConsumerAffairs was the key to the resolution. I'm happy to leave my reviews on here.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

For the most part I'm pretty happy with this site. I do believe they are understaffed though because you can not ever get in touch with anyone, not by e-mail or phone. I have been lucky to be able to post something & have it resolved. However the problem with this site when not having enough people & no one ever getting back to you are the other posts that never get posted for no reason. I've checked reasons for something being on hold & 1 is that there are not enough posts & 2 is the company isn't on file... Well the company did come up & it only takes 1 post to start. This site is one I've truly wanted to count on & maybe posting about this problem, having tried to contact them for MANY months (since April) & this particular review being extremely important for others to know about... Maybe Consumer Affairs will take note now?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I appreciate this site as it is an opportunity to warn other unsuspecting people about other business' bad faults, and possible problems. I am very happy I found this website. I would recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Write a succinct and honest review of accounts that you had with a business and submit it. Sounds easy right? Not if you did it with ConsumerAffairs. While I appreciate that there is a review process of your submission they are flagrantly blase about how futile and wasteful of your time this is. BUT!!! Only AFTER you make your submission. Where they are happy to thank you then immediately tell you that there's a good chance they won't bother to print your experience and that it will take them roughly a week to let you know if yours managed to make it. Kind of garbage system. Especially when you've provided pictures and/or receipts... I don't wish to give it one star because it isn't North Korea, but it's some elitist first world version of it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have been waiting since MAY for the moderation team on a WALMART review. I hope y’all are not dragging your feet because it's about the almighty WALMART. I don't know what the normal wait time is and for that matter why there is a review at all. We don't make this stuff for the fun. All you have to do is go to WALMART and look around and you can see how unethical they really are.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I had a problem with American Home Shield Warranty company not honoring the contract to repair a broken pool pump in our "new" house. I complained to the BBB and on ConsumerAffairs. The person from AHS who responded to my CA complaint reimbursed me for my broken pump quickly after I showed proof of the work. The person from BBB who responded told me to take a hike---that they wouldn't reimburse me. ConsumerAffairs helps to get your problem resolved.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I just wanted to thank you for providing a non-profit website without having to immediately enter cc information for "hidden" fees that don't exist with your website. I appreciate all you do in providing a platform for people to feel that a review feels like a "pay-it-forward" whether positive/negative reviews, as it helps many people. Like myself I feel I have a go-to place that is trustworthy, morals matter and people can be honest. If I help one person not make a mistake, it is a price money "can't" or hopefully won't buy with regret. You're the best I've found recently and deserve a thank you, something most people forget, it is nice to be appreciated. So thank you ConsumerAffairs! I applaud you whether my reviews are posted or not. I may not always use correct format, my apologies in advance. I'm not perfect. Just honest, and live for morals! Thanks again :)

Original review: July 23, 2017

I went to your home page and wanted to check for warranty coverage for my F150 Ford truck. Your pop-up that requires me to put in my year of vehicle will not let me scroll down to a 2014 vehicle or the make. Your site does not work. FIX IT.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I wrote a review of American Home Services, then got an email from ConsumerAffairs that they responded and I had to create an account on ConsumerAffairs. I did so, and verified my email, but when signing in get a message "unable to review requested review"... What a waste of time!!!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jonathan,

I apologize for the difficulties you've been experiencing using our site. I will do some investigation into this problem and be reaching out to you personally shortly so you can see the company response.

-Heidi Tindle

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have recently written a review of Toyota Financial Services (TFS) on the Consumer Affairs website and love the ease of use it was to do so. The only critique I have is that shortly after I wrote the review I wanted to either edit or delete my review while it was under review with Consumer Affairs, and especially before it was submitted to TFS. I was not able to do so; when it was submitted to TFS I felt like my review was not completely accurate and had no other choice but to mark it as "resolved". I will write another review after I have finished corresponding with the TFS lease-end department but I do not consider my issue with them as resolved.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Adam,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Feedback from consumers like you helps us improve our site. We are currently working on developing a way for consumers to edit their reviews after they are submitted and before they are published. We strive to constantly improve.

Thanks again for choosing ConsumerAffairs.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team