4.0/5 (1102 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I could not get Resolution from Physicians Mutual Dental Insurance - But by contacting Consumer Affairs I got resolution I believe. Will know for sure after 01 September 2022 if my Wells Fargo Bank USA is not auto pay electronically debited. But so far so good. Thank you Consumer Affairs Consumer Protection Agency (independent).

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Roger! We are happy to hear that we have a new fan and that our platform was helpful to you! :)

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I had a recent experience with my homeowners warranty service which left me appalled at the level of service they provided on a claim I filed. The technician destroyed a wire to an outlet, left it unrepaired, then stated the wire was not secured to the home, when in essence he'd pulled it and disconnected from the home and couldn't reach the wire which was located in an exterior brick column. I filed a complaint. They followed up, provided a case manager who simply didn't follow up with me. I was with this warranty service for at least 7 years and a few other gotcha instances which left me a bit dissatisfied. I decided to make change and was recommended First American Home Warranty which I feel has a more robust and comprehensive service plan for our home. Thank you for recommending them. Glad we switched from Choice Home Warranty!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback about your experience. We are happy to hear that our platform was able to help you. Hopefully we have made a new friend for life. :)

Original review: July 11, 2022

I had no idea how much information was missing from my settings. Hopefully this will make ads more relevant and meaningful. Overall experience was positive. The cookie setting are very easy to understand and the disclosures very easy to find. I did have a few problems with initial site navigation but the ease of use more than made up for it. I was able to easily make a decision on how I would like my ad experience presented to me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Frank, we appreciate you reaching out and leaving your honest feedback. We are always looking for ways to better our website for consumers like yourself. We hope we've made a new friend for life. :)

Original review: April 26, 2022

I searched online for how to report a negative experience with Frontier Communications as they expand into the Santa Barbara market. And it's really with their choice of contractors running around with Frontier magnetic signs on their trucks. And I google-stumble on ConsumerAffairs.com, and see that, yes, people write reviews of Frontier here. And I see that Frontier does respond though most of what I see is "go contact our facebook team" which doesn't seem all that helpful. Still, it seems the most promising site. So I write my review. And Frontier responds very quickly. Within hours. Asks me to contact facebook social media. This still seems like PR control but there is human here who honestly seems to want to help. OK. I'll do it.

So I do. And I get assigned an Acct Manager who emails me within hours. And she reaches out to the local Santa Barbara area manager, who has the local Frontier Tech employees - not contractors - contact and meet with me. Within two days. I have tried for weeks to talk to an actual Frontier employee here. To cut to the chase - about a week after writing this review, two Frontier employees had taken ownership of the issue, and one - a local technician - insisted on personally doing the installation rather than leaving it to the contractors. I am somewhat amazed to tell you the truth. I still think the contractors being used here are terrible. They should be fired. But the Frontier employees are RockStars!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Kirk! We are thrilled to hear that our platform was able to help you reach a positive resolution. Thanks for your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I appreciate the help Consumer Affairs gave in finding a resolution to my situation. They were able to help at a level that I would not have been able to achieve on my own. Once Consumer Affairs reached out to the business the resolution process was quick and easy.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thank you for choosing us to share your experience, Martina! We always have your back. :)

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Long process but great surveys. At first I was skeptical but after taking the surveys my confidence grew. I was sent to a couple of different sub surveys but hitting that back button brought me back to where I left off.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

ConsumerAffairs.com is backing bad companies and taking your money whilst they are at it and they won't post honest but bad reviews of bad companies. They will just keep feeding companies that should have class action lawsuits against them. This place cannot be trusted at all. I am sure this won't be posted anywhere ever. Good luck listening to this site.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I sent a review on WellCare insurance and read every one of their reviews and 90% are 1 star, yet they give Wellcare a 3.8. Your programmers might want to pull out their 5th-grade math book on averaging.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. A company’s “overall satisfaction rating” is a time-based weighted average numerical calculation of the ratings submitted by consumers in the most recent 12-month period. Not all ratings are accompanied by a written review. Hope this helps!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Be aware that this is not Consumer Reports. This site says in the fine print that they receive compensation from companies when the user clicks links, submits forms, etc. The star listing is inaccurate.

Hi Willie,

We appreciate your feedback! You can read more about ConsumerAffairs.com on our About Us page here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I don't understand how Consumer Affairs has so many companies, i.e. Silver Singles scoring high reviews (4.5) when all the reviews are 1 or 2 stars. The review itself written on CA about Silver Singles praises the dating site but yet all the reviews are negative. How is that possible? Money must be changing hands.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information