1.16/5
Based on 203 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

207 Finish Line Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought shoes at one of their locations and first the salespeople were quite careless. Then I got the shoes that I really didn't want due to lack of stock. Returned the shoes next day to get a refund because I saw the shoes somewhere else. After days, my refund hasn't been credited back to my account??? What's this...they took my money and I returned their shoes.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've only ever ordered 3 times from Finish Line and they've botched the order twice. I highly suspect that the employees are running a scam. Finish Line ships from individual stores. I suspect that when the employee sees an order for something they like, they swap the order for something else and pocket your item. It's just too much of a coincidence that 2 pairs of basketball shoes in a row would be swapped for some random pair of women's shoes.

When I called customer service, I was told that I would have to return the incorrect item before they would ship out what I ordered. Last time, it took 4 weeks from the time I ordered until I got my shoes. When I order from Amazon, I get my shoes the next day and the order is correct nearly 100 percent of the time. It's no wonder Amazon is putting these crooks at Finish Line out of business. Next time, I'll just order from Amazon like everyone else. I'm tired of this nonsense from Finish Line.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Went to buy granddaughter Jordan's. Employees act like no one was in the store. Very rude. On 6/21 at 1:30 went to Foot Locker. Employees greet you as soon as you walk in. No wonder Finish Line had no customers if they treat everyone that walks in the store that way. I'm surprised your store is still open.

Original review: May 25, 2018

"Their prices are good, their honesty sucks!" I purchased shoes online one afternoon & the very next day I received 13 telemarketing calls back to back. The day after that 8, and 5 days later am down to 7 per day - Grrrr! Their privacy policy states they don't sell personal information, but that now tells me they give it away freely!!!

After contact of customer service via phone, they shuffled me around to various reps until they transferred me to a voicemail manager that didn't return my calls. Was told you cannot delete your online registration, only update your account info and was informed they can remove you from their further emails, but not phone contact. They didn't even flinch when I said I'd go online to leave complaints. A LOT of beating around the bush and BS, but the damage is done & SO AM I! Not buying here again, even though product is decent. 'CONFIDENTIAL' MY **! Lesson learned, read the fine print before you register an account!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased Nike shoe with Macy’s online. Test it out on my floor and decided to return it. Brought the shoe back to Macy’s and I was told to go to Finish Line counter to return it... their customer service was very rude! They said that I cannot return it, I told them, "Excuse me, but this shoe didn’t work out and I need to return it." They refused and I had to go search for Macy’s manager that Finish Line is inside Macy’s, but they refused to take the shoe back. And told them the receipt is from Macy’s and that Macy’s has to take this return. So they did... don’t buy shoe from Finish Line (inside Macy’s store).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Line?

Original review: May 5, 2018

On 4/28/18 went into Finish Line Lakeline to purchase shoes for my 14 yr old son. They didn't have them in the store but was told I could order them with them & get shipping for free. The guy asks me for my address. I give it & pay cash on the day of delivery. I check the status. My order was nondeliverable because the guy didn't put my duplex identifier on the order so I get up early the next morning thinking I could catch my order at the post office but was already sent to Dallas so I go to the store to get a refund.

I walk in & tell one of the girls I need a refund because my shoes were sent back. She then rudely tells me she can't give me one without customer service approval to call them. The number is on the back of my receipt. The writing was so small. I then go back to ask her to circle it for me but she is playing like she doesn't see me & quickly walks to the back while seeming to be talking about me to a guy employee so I ask another girl & again rudely she circles it & walks off. I then go outside the store to call customer service where then this lady tells me she has to call the store to see if they can give me my cash back.

She comes back on the line to tell me the store has said no they cannot give me my cash back even though I watched them do 3 transactions & proceeds to tell me that she will have to send me a check but I paid cash. I want my cash. Well she says she can't but will make sure that I receive my refund in 5 days instead of the 5-10 days that's normal. Well today is the 5th day & guess what. Still no check or cash. I am so disappointed in the service to the point that I won't be spending my money with them anymore & I really used to like them when they had the manager who appreciated his customers. Big loss for Finish Line. I have 5 kids & a grandbaby that I always buy shoes for. No more.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I spent two hours shopping online AFTER receiving an email from Finish Line about what a great online sale. I purchased several items and paid using PayPal. I got a confirmation of my order as well as PayPal confirmation of PAYMENT. Then one hour later, my order was canceled. I received an email of the cancellation with NO explanation. I called their so-called customer service twice, and neither rep could tell me why. So, basically, Finish Line has my money, and my order was canceled. I wasted two hours of my time, and spent 15 minutes talking to clueless customer service reps. I am a big online shopper and have to say, this is the FIRST experience like this of payment received and order being canceled. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! I'm now blocking the store's emails.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Employees have no customer service. They talk amongst each other instead of helping customers. Was there to buy shoes for both my kids. One pair was 80plus and the other pair was 180. Didn’t get to purchase anything since employees stood around laughing and having a good old time instead of helping their customers. Never visiting this store again. Not at Westfield or anywhere else.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Purchased shoes, returned, and no refund after 2 months. I contacted the customer support two times by email. On both occasions, the service rep stated they would expedite the refund. Nothing happened after the 3-5 days. I finally called their customer support line, and they had me on hold for 20 minutes. They do not seem to know how to reconcile a simple return.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've bought tons of products online but this experience has been the worst and I repeat hands down the WORST customer experience I've encountered in my life. I bought three items from the Finish Line website, and 2 weeks go by and I never received it. I finally call in to check the status of my items and was informed that they failed to ship and that they can ship them again. I agreed even though they were Christmas presents and was now long past Christmas. A week goes by and I finally receive 2 out of 3 of the items I originally bought so I contacted them again to ask where my third item was. They informed me that the third item was canceled. Remind you that none of these hurdles in this whole process were communicated to me beforehand for I had to follow up and check for an update whenever a hurdle comes up.

Anyways, I contacted them again so I can reorder the third item and they told me that I will have to make a purchase over the phone to reorder so I can get free shipping as they will be able to see my purchase history that it can be comped. So hearing this I thought everything was over and great. I called them to reorder. The representative took my order and told me that he can only offer me ground shipping and not rushed shipping which I was in need of since it was a gift and was going to meet the recipient of the gift the following weekend. So after talking to the rep my situation, he agreed to go ahead and comp a rushed shipping for me but they were going to have to refund it to my account a few days after.

Well a week went by and the 22 dollar rushed shipping was not refunded. So I contacted them AGAIN. The rep told me that I was never granted rushed shipping and can only refund the cost of ground shipping with was 10 dollars. After expressing how I felt about them not being consistent with their words, all the rep did was try to upsell me the rewards program. That set me off so I called in. Spoke to another rep and she kindly refunded me the whole rushed shipping. 1 week has passed and guess what, only the ground shipping was refunded not the rushed shipping. I give up. Finish Line wins. But I'll tell you this. They have lost a customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered my 8 yr old a pair of shoes on Dec 28th. Today is now Jan 21st, the package was lost in the mail so I never received the package. I call them and they said they're gonna resend the shoes, 8 days later I still ain't got my shoes. I call back. My order still ain't been filled for my replacement, so at this time my son birthday is Jan 10. I have 2 days before his birthday so I have to go to Foot Locker and grab some shoes so my son don't end up without on his birthday, so I ask for a refund.

They tell me I will have it on my card 3-5 business days. It's been almost a month in a few days and I still haven't got my $96 or a pair of shoes! Their customer care center just keeps saying it will be in your acct or they will call me back in 15 mins, STILL NOTHING. I will never give Finish Line $1 of mine again!!! I told their customer service this and all I got back was, "Are you a winner circle. If you order online again you will get a $20 card." Like REALLY. SMH. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Ok so I ordered a pair of Nike sweatpants that took 1 week and a half to get to me from Pennsylvania to NJ. Keep in mind Finish Line charged me $ 7 dollars to ship this item, they shipped the item parcel post. Ok so after waiting all that time for the item they sent me the wrong item, they actually sent me 3 pairs of Jordan socks for $ 41 dollars which belonged to another lady because the actual final receipt was included with her name and address with the charge amount of $5 dollars, that’s right. They charged me $48 dollars including shipping, so I called up customer service and they wanted me to send the socks back and once they receive them they will issue me my refund, I’m like WTF. You sent me a $5 dollar item that I paid $48 dollars for. Yous made the mistake and now I’m being punished telling me you can’t refund my shipping fee, thank god I paid with PayPal.

Long story short if you must shop with this company use PayPal, they are very slick with it very nasty customer service people, made me wait almost 2 weeks and another lady who ordered $5 dollar socks got my $40 dollar sweatpants, she probably feel like she hit the jackpot. This will be the last time I order anything from them they are terrible and I use to order from Finish Line faithfully.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

This company is so unprofessional it's sad. Customer service is so bad. I ORDERED shoes in November and now we are in January and still no shoes. They say the apt # was mixed up with the Blvd at the end of address. That is some **. That doesn't make sense. They better refund my money.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering! Ordered shoes on the 27 of December. Called today to find out status just to be told that they no longer get have the shoe in stock! Then I was told that I would get a refund check in the mail in 5-7 days even though I paid with a card. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was literally told that they were too busy to talk to me! I asked if he had actually just said that and he replied yes! I am appalled that this company is still in business with the customer service they provide. First and last time I will shop at Finish Line!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased shoes online for my niece. I paid for them, and had them shipped to the store so that it would be easy for her to pick them up. My niece went out of town earlier than expected, so I called to have the shoes canceled on 12/22. When calling, I was told that I needed to call back the following day and contact customer care. I made contact with customer care 12/23, and was told that my money would be refunded to my card by Wednesday no later than Friday of the following week. Well, today is Friday and there is no refund. Once again, I contacted customer care this morning and I was told the same exact thing... My refund will be applied to my account by Wednesday not later than Friday of the following week.

I am livid, because that was not the information that was given to me originally. Once I disconnect the line with the representative I receive a shipping return label in my email. At this point I'm confused because the product has never been received, and normally those are sent at the time a refund is requested. I call Customers Care back, and I ask the Rep when was my refund request processed, and he proceeds to tell me today. So not only did ALL of the previous Reps lie to me, but they now have their product and my money! I am unable to contact any Reps who speak English so I am not receiving any direct answers, and I have been on the line for a total of 2 hours this morning! My next step will be to take legal action.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my kids for Christmas. I received a pair of shoes on Dec 17th and it was not my order. My name was on the UPS label but the order slip had someone else’s name. So that tells me Finish Line messed this up. We call up Finish Line and tell them what just happened and the girl with customer service says this happened with 50 something other orders. She said she was getting the order ready and would email the order number and confirmation. So we think they are going to pick up the order they sent when they drop off the correct order. Never received the email.

So we call and another girl says we have to go ship this order back or take it back to the store to get our correct order to process. (Even though this is their fault) I’m really upset now because it’s too late to get them before Christmas. I asked for a manager. Manager says girl couldn’t have possibly said they would send the order out and that she could pull the call. I said please pull the call. But this still isn’t going to solve my problem. I’m furious. The manager could care less about my problem and only offered an apology. The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FINISH LINE EVER AGAIN!!! They don’t even deserve 1 star.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered an expensive ($100 is expensive to me) pair of shoes for my sister for Christmas this year. I ordered them a few weeks before Christmas so I wasn't really worried about how quickly they arrived. When I started getting notifications from UPS that my shipment was all screwed up - which has never happened to me before - I immediately called Finish Line. I was in tears because of all the trouble UPS was giving me and Finish Line jumped on my problem and fixed it within minutes. They could have easily told me to call UPS to figure it out or to just wait a few more days, but they helped me out in a time of need and I'm forever grateful. I will continue buying from Finish Line!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered a pair of Huaraches and a pair of Lebron 11s for a Christmas gift this year. It was sent to TX from the Finish-line on Las Vegas Blvd. When I received the order from UPS I only received one shoe. Even though BOTH shoes have been sent from the same Las Vegas store and BOTH shoes have the same tracking number. This has been a complete nightmare. UPS says they only received one box, the manager at the Las Vegas Finish-Line says they sent both shoes. How? The receipt and shipping label was only in/on ONE box. So now, I have to get a replacement shoe that will come AFTER Christmas. No one has any answer on where this missing "box" is. Fun!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I ordered my daughter a pair of tennis shoes from their website last Xmas and have been bombarded with their emails ever since. There is NO WAY to unsubscribe via their website, instead, you must take your precious time to call an 888 number, talk to someone in a call center in India, give them all your information to unsubscribe. I have called 3 times in the last 30 days and keep getting assured I will be removed, but NOT so far. I thought the Government/Congress required business websites to have the quick click unsubscribe on their websites. It is ridiculous, they should be fined or something needs to be done to protect us against such unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I place order on Finish Line. My order was cancel a couple of hours later so I contact customer service and the agent informed me that Finish Line use a 3rd party company for payment verification so I need to use another card. So I informed the agent that do not make any since the shipping and billing address is the same so she told me to replace the order with another card so I did it again and same thing happen. I contact Finish Line got hung up on 3 time. I even went to Facebook and contact the company. Still no resolution. I know Finish Line is losing a lot of money. I could not even believe I went so low to even try to place a order again and same issue with different credit card.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

So I ordered a pair of Timberland boots via online for my goddaughter. I was told that my order has been placed but here we are the next morning and I haven't got any email. So I called and they said the order DID not go through but yet the money has been held from my account. Now I am being told I need to wait 48 hours for a refund. What kind of ** is this, obviously the money was there so why didn't my order go through??? I am so over and done with Finish Line!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Bought shoe online. 2 hours later got an email say my order been cancel, call customer service no one can explain why the order been cancel. Telling me I should use a different card but they charged my original card refunded the money back onto the card all within 2 hrs... All they had to say, "We don't have the shoe in stock. Sorry for the inconvenience." Had me on hold for like 45 mins waiting to speak to a supervisor which I got fed up and just hang up.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I ordered a pair of Nikes. They didn't have it. This cost a good bit of money. I am disabled. How to get them through the mail? They had to order them online through the mail. I was driven up there. I have both my parents are sick. I have no way to get back up there so I get the wrong size in the mail so I need another ride too. Finish Line will not send me the correct size. They say I have to go to the store which the closest one is the outlet which is 40 + 45 minutes each way from here. I have to get driven because I cannot drive that far being disabled on my own which is pretty hard to do and they didn't care I'm going to the store to have him order another one online for me. It's the most ridiculous thing with no store in the Atlanta area has the shoe.

I ask for a manager or you know somebody supervisor. She got on the phone. She didn't care. She didn't care a bit and care that I was just able to take care. She was sending me to a store to not get the shoe but you actually have them get on their computer and order another pair through them again when all I should be able to do is send it back to them and get the other one through the mail which makes absolutely no sense. It's a ** thing I've ever seen in my life and to make somebody who can't get a ride up there and can't drive herself up there have to do that and wait God-knows-how-long to even get up there. I'm going to lose my money probably because I won't be to get up there in time. It's a lot of money to me and I don't hate this person for doing this to me. I really do because they screwed up.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Nike Basketball Shoes - I ordered basketball shoes online. When I received them, there was one size 10 shoe and one size 11 shoe and both shoes were for the left foot. Customer service required me to jump through their hoops, making their mistake my problem to fix. They did not seem to care about the inconvenience, nor did they apologize for their error. The customer service representative actually asked if I would like to return the shoes! Very little concern for customer satisfaction or maintaining a good company image.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bought a pair of Jordan Prime trainers online and when I received the shoes, I was sent a used pair. The customer service is replacing them, but I'm really angry they would even do this in the first place. These were black on the bottom and they clearly had been worn for quite some time.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Returned a Xmas gift and was given a store credit card. During the next holidays went online to buy a gift and entered in my card info and the amount was $43.00 less than it should have been. Contacted FL told them my problem, they said possibly my card had been hacked since there was no sign that I had used it. I was told they would issue me a new card with the $55.00 back on it. Waited for 6 weeks nothing, called back, told once again they were sorry and would get one right out to me. Again waited and nothing, once again called and once again was told they would send another one. After many calls to different departments, transfers and being lied to numerous times, I still have not received my replacement card. I will not return to this crooked company.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Visit on 7/26/17 - Memorial City location: Cailey went above and beyond assisting us on yesterday afternoon! Great experience! Thank you for the great customer service and knowledge on the tennis we were looking at. Excellent experience!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I went online to place an order which included sale price, online discount and member's coupon. FinishLine.com website malfunctioned: it would not accept my shipping address into my "FinishLine.com login account." I attempted this 5 times. Then I emailed the company. Received a return email from their representative Vanessa: yes the website has problems but this will be resolved in 24 hours. I phoned the company. Gave them correct address for shipping and billing and asked them to put it into system. Two days later, I tried again to place an order online. Same problem. The website never even allowed me to complete billing address which followed the shipping address webpage. Then I called FinishLine.com to place the order. It was pl

Within an hour I received 3 (three) further emails. The first two emails each contained a $20 coupon. These were followed by a third email that stated:

"Hi S, Sorry for the bummer news, but your order was canceled. Your card has either not been charged, or will be refunded within the next 7 business days. We're here to help. Hit up Customer Care if you have any questions. Refund Details: We will be giving you the full refund back on your card ending in **. Please allow up to 7 business days for processing."

I phoned the company. I requested a supervisor and spoke with a supervisor "Ms. **." She said the problem could not be resolved. She said there was a problem with my billing address. She refused to accept that my billing address was correct both with Finish Line and with my bank, nor could she speak with any department to correct this issue. She said I should call my bank and get her on the line. I called my bank. Then she said, that's not necessary. She said, "the only way to resolve this situation, is to now make the purchase in a store." I then went online to see if anyone else had such a poor experience with this company. I found an almost identical complaint on this Consumer Affairs website from "Jose of Somerset, NJ" dated June 7, 2017.

It appears that this company may be operating a scam. It offers remarkable sales, discounts, and coupons, takes names, addresses, personal information, credit card information, places orders, charges credit cards, but the orders are not real. Then it holds the money for 7 days, and tells the customer words to the effect of: "You cannot place this canceled order but we have your money. You must go to a store to get the product." Nor can Finish Line correct the malfunctioning problems within its own departments. All this while holding on the customers' personal and banking and credit card information, and money.

I hope the Department of Consumer Affairs will make a diligent inquiry into the FinishLine's omissions, negligence, and complete lack of integrity.

Original review: June 12, 2017

We were in Wichita, KS on 6/3/17 and my son forgot his basketball shoes so we went to Finish Line and he bought a pair. He found out someone else on the team already had those shoes so immediately took them back. They were purchased with my debit card. I didn't go back with him when he returned them but they told him they would credit it back to our card. After waiting for days, the refund didn't show up. I called the store and they said to give it a couple more days. After a week it still didn't show up so I called and talked to the Manager again. They advised "Antoine" paid the boys back with cash of $129. Then I noticed that's what they put on the receipt. We didn't receive any cash. I told them I'd like surveillance footage. They advised their cameras weren't working. How convenient!!!! This is a total scam! We were told it's our word against theirs. And they advised my son was lying. I'm so upset! Has anyone else had this problem with the Wichita Store?

Original review: June 7, 2017

Tried ordering online three items after several attempts with my bank card, credit card, another credit card and nothing. Called 1800 number to order through phone. Was told I couldn't. That I had to go to store and order so that it can be delivered to my house. Tried another method. Used my girlfriend name and info and credit card to be shipped to my house. Everything went through. She got confirmation email with order number and everything so I was happy thing. I'm getting my kicks in like a few days. A week passed no kicks, no email on order or nothing. I call 1800 number again. Was told order couldn't be processed since it was going be shipped to another address from billing on card. So I ask why no email or phone call and was told that system supposedly automatically picks that up and cancels orders whatever BS that was.

Ordered again. Same card. Everything to be shipped to her same address as on card. Another 5 days and nothing so I called those ** cause by this point I was already so mad. Same BS that card was blocked since ordered was already tried and was cancelled by system. So now only way was to go to store. I got to Menlo Park Mall where their employees especially the manager is a piece of ** since I explained all I had been through and that I still after all I went through went to FINISH LINE to spend my hard earned money and no help or discount. Nothing. I don't like to curse but ** FINISH LINE. They will never get my money again. There should be a rating for negative stars. I gave a star just to post my review. ** them.

Finish Line Company Information

www.finishline.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business