2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.0/5 (344 ratings)

About Finish Line

Finish Line Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Line?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Line?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Horrible experience. I will never order from your store again. How can you have a product saying its available and after the customer orders it and wait over 2 weeks and have to call in to be told the product is not available? Horrible service and lies about your products you have.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I purchased a PAIR of sneakers as a gift. I received ONE shoe in the box via mail. I spoke to customer service 7x. NO HELP, NO SUPERVISOR NOTHING. NO ACCOMMODATIONS but more inconveniences. I Returned my ONE sneaker I was promised the PAIR I originally ordered would be coming in before Christmas by 5 representatives. I woke up this morning received an email that my replacement order was cancelled. We are three days shy from Christmas and now my order was cancelled because they ran out of the product I originally ordered to begin with.

FINISH LINE you dropped the ball on this one. Now I have to wait 3-5 days for a refund? I have to purchase another pair of sneakers without the deal I originally received (Cyber Monday). I received a lousy email telling me my order was cancelled and with no explanation. I received the runaround for days about my purchase. So you shipped ONE sneaker out, gave me the run around for days after the fact I returned your ONE sneaker to cancel my order instead of sending my original purchase.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I order shoes a week ago. Still have not received them. Paid the extra for 2 days, called the company and they get rude, hang up on you and can’t answer none of my questions and say they don’t have no number for the corporate or anything, I will never in my life order for this company and still have not seen my money 400$ put back in my account.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I purchased Nike air max $120 shoe and I received shoes dirty on the soles and no tissue inside shoes even indicating they were new. I'm so disappointed in this. Will not be ordering again from this company. Needless to say the box was torn also.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Sales associate was very rude and confrontational for no apparent reason. I will never as long as I have breath shop in the Willowbrook mall location in Houston. Total disgrace when your entire job is customer service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have made multiple orders with Finish Line. Each time I experienced some type of issues! Either they have cx order that’s been already paid for and or I do not get order date given. I actually made another order (dumb me) place on 08-10-2020. Today is 08-24-2020. Still have not received??? This will definitely been my last online order.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered all white Nike Air Forces two weeks, I cancelled the order the same hour because I got the wrong size. Next thing you know it's been 2 weeks and still haven't gotten my money for CANCELLATION of an order???!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Customer service representatives need more training. Waiting on hold for over 50 minutes to be told a completely different answers than the email sent 7 days before. Package was stolen and refund was promised, but representative failed to inform us that a affidavit was needed. A waste of time and energy. Go to a different store that will honor their word.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Horrible. Horrible. DO NOT GO TO FINISH LINE IN MUSKEGON LAKES MALL, my son and I went and had to order both pair of shoes bc they stated they did not have either size we needed at the time 10 and 9.5. So Kyle helped us with check out and said, “We can order them and have them shipped right to your door”. I said, “Perfect”. We proceeded with the check out, gave all my information and paid 255 for the shoes, got my receipt and he said 5 to 7 business days. Two days later I get an email stating, "Your package will be delivered today Friday June 3rd." I get home, one pair of shoes. So my husband who the other pair of shoes are for - said, “Maybe they will come later.”

So we wait till Tuesday, June 7th, I call Finish Line and as soon as I tell them, "What is going on," they put me on hold 10 minutes. So I call back and again he does the same thing. So I call again and he said “let’s look, so you have the order number?” and I give it to him and he said “no you only ordered one pair of shoes”. I said “no I did not, I order two and paid for two and Kyle only gave me one order number with one receipt bc I bought them at the same time.” He said “you have to call customer service.” I ask for his name and he says, "Otha.” I said ok.

I called customer service and they said, “Sorry we cannot help you, you have to go to the store and talk with them and show them your receipt.” I called the store back and they put me on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up and called back and again the guy said sorry but hold. I called back again and a lady answered and said "Sorry. We can’t help you, we are busy," hold and well they never answered.

I have this feeling that I have been scammed by Kyle who works at Finishline, he was working there June 29th at 633pm. I now have to drive 45 minutes to the store and try to get my pair of shoes that I bought from the store. I have to somehow prove I never received my shoes that were bought as a gift for my husband. This is ridiculous how customer service cannot just look up my transaction and see I order two shoes. This store is a joke and scams innocent people who work hard for their money only to be told, "Sorry we can’t help you with that, you may have paid for it but we only show one pair of shoes bought and shipped." Poor customer service, scam artist working for this place. Do not order from them at all.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

This saga continued after my review. I did eventually receive a callback, and was told that it would be another couple of weeks before a refund could be issued because they could not locate the order. I gave them the two weeks, then I filed a dispute with my credit card company. While their investigation was underway, all of a sudden I RECEIVED THE SHOES FROM FINISH LINE THAT I HAD CANCELLED.

Now, in the meantime, I had already purchased the shoes from another company. I wasn't about to return the shoes to Finish Line through the mail because I was absolutely sure I would never receive my refund. So I made a special trip to my nearest Finish Line store to return the shoes in person. I was there when the store was supposed to open. The store is in a mall, but the store was not open at its posted time. After I waited fifteen minutes (and called the mall office), an employee finally showed up to open the store. She turned out to be a manager but couldn't figure out how to process the return since the order number started with an "X", which indicates a replacement order.

She called corporate, and after they scolded her for not knowing how to do it, the manager asked me to talk to them to explain the situation. I talked to the representative, explained the situation (which did not go well), and they finally approved the return and talked the manager through doing it. The return amount was actually about fifty cents short of what I'd actually paid, but I wasn't about to fight about that.

Finally, a couple of days later, the return went on my credit card. The credit card company provided the extra fifty cents, and the matter was FINALLY closed. In short, NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. Seriously. You may be one of the lucky ones and get what you ordered with no problems, but your odds seem pretty good of having a similar experience.

Original review: June 10, 2020

My daughter ordered shoes from them. Card was promptly charged and tracking number received. After a week, the tracking number never updated. Called customer service (35 minute hold time). Agent was helpful; cancelled order and issued us a replacement order to be delivered expedited in 2-3 days. No tracking number ever received. Called again after 5 days (45 minute hold time). Was told store that was to fulfill the order unexpectedly closed a couple of days before due to COVID - but this was at a time when stores all over the country were re-OPENing, not closing. Requested to speak to someone and was promised a call back from a supervisor within 25-35 minutes. Call never came.

Called back the next day. Nearly 60 minute hold time. Once again was promised a call back from a supervisor within 15-20 minutes. Received a callback about 3 hours later. Supervisor May said that the shoes were to ship from a warehouse (not a store as I was lied to before). She called the warehouse while I was on hold. Came back to tell me that the warehouse had had its order fulfilment computer shut down for a week for maintenance. Warehouse guy turned it back on while she was talking to him (likely story), but it still wasn't updating. As this was Friday, she promised to call me back Monday (after 2pm, since that's when they opened?) with an update. You guessed it -- no call back.

Called for the final time this morning -- hallelujah, no hold time because I called the instant they opened. One more lie -- the shoes haven't shipped because the warehouse had closed due to the riots "in my area" and had not yet reopened - the same warehouse that May supposedly spoke to on Friday after the violent riots in the U.S. had stopped. Bottom line -- Finish Line's customer service people are apparently trained to lie, make excuses, and frustrate the customer. Have been promised a refund on my order within 3-5 business days, but I am not optimistic. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM.

Finish Line Company Information