1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

232 Finish Line Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered online Timberland Gaiter boot from Finish Line and got it on time but since the package was left outside, the shoe box was damp wet that I had to throw it right away. Luckily the shoes were fine. After few days when I checked it was bigger than I thought. I called the customer rep. about the exchange, she was clueless and told me to try in the store. So I drove all the way to Southdale mall Finish Line store in Minnesota to exchange it but the staffs (two ladies) were mean, rude and have no patience to listen my issue, were persistent in saying it’s not their fault.

I do understand that it’s not their fault neither do mine too. Whom should I blame? Finish Line or the delivery service? They even sent me off by saying, "Have a nice day," by laughing at me. I have been shopping with Finish Line for quite some time. Fortunately I tried my luck, called customer service second time and this representative not only did her job perfectly also saved my day. I really appreciate her customer service but from today I am never going to buy from you guys because majority of your customer service not only sucks but is inhumane.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a pair of Nike Vapormax which came to $206.00. That was paid with cash. The inseam tore within 24 hours. My son tried returning them. They refused to give the money back and would only put on a merchandise gift card. I personally went in and talked to the manager and she gave me every excuse as to why he didn’t get his money back. I’m so sick of these retailers taking your cash and refusing to return or exchange. No wonder amazon is going to put these places out of business!!! I will NEVER shop Finish Line again. Not to mention the manager treated me like I was a thief!!! You’d think they’d hire people with good PR skills.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Purchased a pair of shoes in one of their stores in my local mall for my son. When I got home shoes didn't fit so I immediately returned them. Swiped debit card for my return and 3 days later my funds are still not in my account. Bank said it's Finish Line's return process. This is ridiculous. Any time I've returned something that was done with my debit card the funds were returned immediately but Finish Line can hold my funds for up to a week. Took seconds to take my money out but a week to give it back?! Crooks. How much money is Finish Line holding up daily that customers are waiting to be returned? 10's of grounds! Crooks!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I am very disappointed in this company. This was the first and last time, ever having made, a purchase from their online store. I specifically paid 'extra' to have an order delivered BEFORE Christmas. Instead, on Christmas Eve, I receive an email stating that the order is now going to be delayed, and is to arrive on the 26th of December. This particular order, was not only my son's 'big ticket item', but was literally the ONLY item on his 'Christmas wish list' this year. In fact, he had initially seen the shoes at one of their competitor’s local stores.

Unfortunately, his find was priced at $100 + tax, and would have taken up over half of his $150 allotted budget that I could afford to spend this year. Being the thrifty shopper I am, I spent hours of comparing prices online. I finally found them at the finish line online store, for 'what I thought was' the best price & shipping guarantee. Now, I wish that I would have just driven to their local competitors, retail brick and mortar location, and simply paid the extra money, for my son to have them under the tree Christmas morning???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I placed my order for free guaranteed Christmas delivery on 12/16 and received an email on 12/18 with a tracking number stating the items would be delivered 12/26. When I called to complain the representative said sorry but there's processing times not included and that there's nothing else they could do. She then advised me to call UPS to see what they can do. WHAT??!! By the 20th they were still advertising Christmas delivery which is completely FALSE and MISLEADING. How can they do that to customers who are paying hundreds of dollars on sneakers??? Never again ordering from this website or store!! HORRIBLE SERVICE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Finish Line?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered my daughter a pair of Nike Air Force Ones and found them at Finish Line. I ordered them and received confirmation that my order was on its way 7 days before Christmas. I receive another e-mail stating that they didn't even have the item in stock and my order was canceled. How can they do this to a customer right before Christmas. Now not only did I miss the other sales but I planned on receiving these shoes that were never gonna come anyways. Why the heck do they sell items that they don't even have in stock? So misleading. I will never purchase from them again!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased this item last December. I made numerous phone calls and would always get the same story, "I'm sorry. We will look into and someone will call you back." Never got the phone call, never got the item, never got the charges reversed. Needless to say, I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

As others have stated, Black Friday 2018 it appears as Finish Line did not have their game on and as a result, many products were mishandled. I ordered a pair of Nike Pegasus 35 shoes on 11/23 and received an email on 11/24 saying that they had been shipped (which never happened). On December 5th I contact customer service and they said they were "in transit" (another lie, because the UPS site said that it was never shipped). Finish Line did not acknowledge their mistake and ultimately said it was probably just not never scanned. On December 7th I contacted them again and the order appeared to be canceled and then re-ordered. After another week, I called again and they said the order was canceled and ordered AGAIN! After 21 days I finally got my order, but it is very clear that Finish Line should be avoided at all costs for any online shopping. They didn't even offer me any compensation for my troubles.

They don't have their logistics in line or do they have anyone in customer service who can help. In fact, after I left a bad review on my "shopping experience" I was contacted by a member of their customer service department. I asked him if we could follow up on the phone and then he completely ignored me after I sent 2 additional follow up emails. I would mention his name on here, but I will choose to be professional and not put someone on blast. Finish Line, you are in LAST place and have no clue on how to deal with customers. You WILL fail if you continue to operate this way.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes from Finish Line on Dec 6th. I had conveniently called my bank on Dec 7th. I had a charge for 0 dollars at Finish Line as the charge was reversed. I contacted the customer service department and asked the lady to speak to a supervisor. She asked to know why I asked her to please put them on. I had to listen to some cheesy loud rave music while I waited. I gave the lady my order number which she said doesn't exist. I told her I was concerned with someone now having my credit information. She looked up my name and said my card was declined which was not the case. She told me to contact my bank which I had just spoken with earlier. I refuse to do business if nothing more than the fake order number, having to listen to that awful music and being told my card was declined buyers need to go to the store for a purchase. Otherwise beware!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Placed an order with Finish Line on Black Friday buying around 8 G-Shocks with the deals they offered online. Both orders were confirmed. They were promptly canceled the next day on the 26th to my dismay. So I patiently waited to receive my refund. It is now the 6th of December and after around a week of waiting I have still not gotten my money back. My money is tied up and I'm missing out on other uses for my money due to the hold up.

I called Finish Line once and they told me that my credit card company was holding it up, then I called them to find out since they are on the receiving end, the blame is really on Finish Line. Called back Finish Line to get a customer service rep who stated they could fax me proof of the refund just to connect with a credit card company rep who says that won't help. I'm tired of waiting for my refund and their policy states a refund takes 1-5 business days but this has exceeded that and I'm so tired of waiting to get back my money for a cancellation that was never properly explained. If an item is out of stock why can't the website reflect that? Why can't you simply identify how many items are left on the back end of the website to prevent this?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered my son a pair of black and red Jordans using a cyber20 coupon code only offered during Cyber week. It was also free shipping. When my shoes arrived in the mail they were girls' pink and black. I double checked my order online and sure enough they sent me the wrong ones. I called customer service, which was no help at all, and ended up returning to my local store. I waited for the money to be refunded to me so I could reorder the shoes. I put them in my cart and realized that I am now going to have to pay over $20.00 more for them because the free shipping and cyber20 coupon were no longer active. I called customer service where I was told there was nothing they could do.

I explained the situation several time to her and she eventually said to just place the order and call back once I received the email confirmation. I did just that and the lady who helped me this time had no clue about what was going on despite the previous lady telling me she would put notes in my order. I went over the situation again and they still weren't able to give me the price I originally ordered them at. I've ordered quite a few pairs of shoes from them, but I think this will be the final order from me. Customer service really shows how much a company cares about its customers. Extremely disappointed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Like most customers here I got burned by their Black Friday shopping issues. I filled my shopping cart over 20 items, checked out, got the confirmation email. Week after I realized only 3 of them showed up! I check the order status and most of them was canceled. I called the customer service and listened to the same lame BS; that some of them were not in stock. I understand that it is possible to have inventory issues but WHY the confirmation email stating everything is good? WHY is there a no follow up email notifying the customer item has been canceled???

All those items were Christmas gifts that I have checked off my list. Had I known some of my purchases didn't make it, I would have shopped elsewhere. Now I missed all the deals. Oh... by the way all my rewards points were zeroed out as well, even my existing points, $30 worth of reward dollars, all gone... This is not a way to run a e-commerce business. In cases of issues like then customer service should kick in to rectify the matter. Since that was missing as well this was clearly intentional borderline scam order processing. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Placed an order after waiting 3 hrs to get on their website on Black Friday. Today is December 1 and I just got a cancellation for EVERYTHING (10 items) I ordered except a pair of shoes that were NOT on sale. What a scam!!! Literally they did not send a separate email saying they had issues and sorry. It was the same email confirmation that just says CANCELLed! Called customer service and they said of there was a system wide issue and everything was canceled that day. Was not true because the item I ordered that was not on sale was placed and shipped like the same day I ordered. She didn't know that because I placed 2 separate orders and only gave her 1 order number. She didn't know what to say about that. Then offer $10... Lol I said, "No thank you. I won't be ordering from Finish Line anymore and I am returning the shoes I bought and received. What a scam.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Just like other reviews on this site I ordered Adidas shoes on Black Friday from Finish Line.com. And just today I received an email saying they canceled my ordered. I called and they said the pair of shoe I ordered was not in stock and they would refund my money! If it wasn’t in stock why they still allow me to place an order! They told me that I could reorder once is in stock again, and of course they won’t honor the price I got on Black Friday!! Black Friday scam!! Shame on them!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Just like other reviews on this site I ordered a Christmas gift (Adidas shoes) on Black Friday from Finish Line. Just got an email saying they canceled my ordered. I called and they said the shoe I ordered was not in stock and they would refund my money. If it wasn’t in stock then why was it available that day. Such a scam Finish Line!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Canceled 4 of my orders after spending several hours trying to even get on their site. Great deals I thought so I picked up 4 new kicks and some apparel for Christmas gifts, come Monday afternoon they canceled everything, no reason, no responses to emails/calls. I did all of my shopping with them and Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals were coming to a close, I held out buying from anyone else because I already had it coming from Finish Line.

Now I am scrambling to find any other deals because I'm not made of money. I should of went elsewhere from the beginning and took advantage of other site's deals. They didn't address the cancellations, no public apology for canceling thousands of orders (from others), no compensation, nothing. This company will never have my business, horrible filthy excuse for a business. Avoid them even if they have a great deal, and Finish Line if you actually read this my only question is why do you treat your customers like they don't matter?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Spent all day adding items to a cart, to have them disappear! Everytime I tried to check out I got a error message saying site under construction or was overloaded! Finally after some hours was able to place 4 orders. Next day received an email all my stuff is cancelled but they have over $200 taken out of my account. This company is a scam, point blank. They will not honor prices, or try to make it right. I am a longtime shopper from Finish Line, NEVER AGAIN. I will post and tell everyone I know how this is a scam company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Logged onto Finishline.com to order a pair of Nike Air Jordan’s after waiting one hour. I managed to get to the proper screen and ordered my size shoes and checked out making payment and all. I was charged the amount on my credit card and one day later received an email saying my order was cancelled. There was no reason for the cancellation. Simply a notification that stated it was “embarrassing” and that my refund would be made in 7-10 business days. This is poor business practice. If the shoes were sold out then do not take my money. I’ve shopped for limited release shoes on other websites and this is the poorest website. I don’t mind waiting and not getting- but at least on those sites, they let me know My product is no longer available before actually charging me.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Stay far away. We ordered for the sale and paid for the goods. That is after being stuck in the "waiting" room for a long time. We received a notification after we paid that they are out of the shoes we ordered. They had no excuse as to why they took our money and filled the order to say they no longer have the product to sell. This was a birthday present for my son. I could have purchased the shoes from someplace else. We called and were told there is nothing they can do. Horrible. If this company cares about their customers they can email me at **. If not I'll trust they like committing situations like this.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

False Advertisement - They say they are having a sale on said item/s to increase traffic to their site. Once they have enough people the website will be under constant load times to where you will have to wait up 3 hours just to check out. Once finally checked out and told the little girl you just bought shoes for, for a Christmas present, they will send you an email the next day stating that they lied and are cancelling thousands of orders because they are a scummy company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Hi team, I started hating Finish Line because of this incident: I purchased shoes for my wife with transaction id **. I had previous purchases as well with you and I had good experience. My account is with email **. But for this order I had very bad experience that I want to highlight to you. First thing is shoes got worn out within few days of purchases and as I could not visit store earlier, and when I visited I got treated very badly. Agents in Irvine Spectrum Finish Line store agent was very rude and saying me that he cannot take it back and he can wear a shoe out in single day. After some discussion they agreed to exchange. But on exchange they gave me shoes of dollar 74 but my original purchase was of 99 dollars, and they did not even mention that to me. And when I came back home I got one shoe of 7 size other one of 7.5, which was very disappointing.

I visited again and this time again they treated very badly and it was very unpleasant and unprofessional. I will never ever buy anything from Finish Line. Next to this series is when I went to South Coast Plaza Finish Line they refused to take it and said it can be exchanged to Irvine store only. I am very frustrated user like many I believe because of Finish Line. I will request my friends as well to not purchase anything with you. I have screenshots and slips of original and the exchanged shoes but I am not happy with current shoes and I don't want to visit store as they are very unpleasant.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Rude customer service reps and rewards. My order was canceled twice, no one could give me an explanation, went into the store, given the runaround about my reward that was taken but not returned on the orders that were canceled. Customer service rep trying to blame manager but she was very nice and it was not her fault. So I made a blank trip to the store, so I have to go back again if I want to order! I feel as if I should be compensated or I had go to another chain and spend my money. I have sent emails and called, and no one has emailed or called me back. So just think before purchasing!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I would like to say that my experience at the Ridgeland finish line was awesome. The staff are nice and acknowledge everyone when you come in. The store manager Marcus **, was so personable and helpful. To me, he went out of his way to be of assistance, while still acknowledging other customers. Thank you Finish Line, and thank you, Marcus.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Discrimination: I was told by employee Shawn that I couldn't return a Nike jogging suit and top because I purchased it from a different Finish Line earlier that same day. He told me I could return it to his location the next morning. I told him that I had never heard of any store with such a return policy as he had explained to me. I showed him the receipt and I asked him if he was sure this was the policy and to restate it again, so I can be sure to speak with his manager and corporate about the return policy. And he stated it again very nervously, in front of me and my 3 children, and I told him I will definitely be checking into it.

We left because we had no choice but to return it at another location. At another Finish Line, they confirmed that that was not their policy. I also spoke with the manager of the location where Shawn worked and I have spoken with the customer service for Finish Line and they have all apologized for the incident that I experienced with Shawn. I was very embarrassed to be treated like that in front of my children and they asked me so many questions about why he wouldn't let us return it and I had the receipt, even children know when they are being discriminated against.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I buy one nice pair of shoes every two years, and usually a really nice pair. Well it just so happens that this year I ordered from Finish Line. So I order a pair I have been doing tons of research on, and am absolutely sure that I want them; it takes me quite a while to finally decide to buy a pair. After ordering the shoes, not only does the delivery come three days later than originally project, THE ALL WHITE SHOES I ORDERED ARE USED. What do I mean "used"? I mean that the shoes had visible wear and (literal) tear, and were grungy by the looks of it. So thanks Finish Line, for sending me a pair of used dirty white shoes at full price ($120)!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought shoes at one of their locations and first the salespeople were quite careless. Then I got the shoes that I really didn't want due to lack of stock. Returned the shoes next day to get a refund because I saw the shoes somewhere else. After days, my refund hasn't been credited back to my account??? What's this...they took my money and I returned their shoes.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've only ever ordered 3 times from Finish Line and they've botched the order twice. I highly suspect that the employees are running a scam. Finish Line ships from individual stores. I suspect that when the employee sees an order for something they like, they swap the order for something else and pocket your item. It's just too much of a coincidence that 2 pairs of basketball shoes in a row would be swapped for some random pair of women's shoes.

When I called customer service, I was told that I would have to return the incorrect item before they would ship out what I ordered. Last time, it took 4 weeks from the time I ordered until I got my shoes. When I order from Amazon, I get my shoes the next day and the order is correct nearly 100 percent of the time. It's no wonder Amazon is putting these crooks at Finish Line out of business. Next time, I'll just order from Amazon like everyone else. I'm tired of this nonsense from Finish Line.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Went to buy granddaughter Jordan's. Employees act like no one was in the store. Very rude. On 6/21 at 1:30 went to Foot Locker. Employees greet you as soon as you walk in. No wonder Finish Line had no customers if they treat everyone that walks in the store that way. I'm surprised your store is still open.

Original review: May 25, 2018

"Their prices are good, their honesty sucks!" I purchased shoes online one afternoon & the very next day I received 13 telemarketing calls back to back. The day after that 8, and 5 days later am down to 7 per day - Grrrr! Their privacy policy states they don't sell personal information, but that now tells me they give it away freely!!!

After contact of customer service via phone, they shuffled me around to various reps until they transferred me to a voicemail manager that didn't return my calls. Was told you cannot delete your online registration, only update your account info and was informed they can remove you from their further emails, but not phone contact. They didn't even flinch when I said I'd go online to leave complaints. A LOT of beating around the bush and BS, but the damage is done & SO AM I! Not buying here again, even though product is decent. 'CONFIDENTIAL' MY **! Lesson learned, read the fine print before you register an account!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased Nike shoe with Macy’s online. Test it out on my floor and decided to return it. Brought the shoe back to Macy’s and I was told to go to Finish Line counter to return it... their customer service was very rude! They said that I cannot return it, I told them, "Excuse me, but this shoe didn’t work out and I need to return it." They refused and I had to go search for Macy’s manager that Finish Line is inside Macy’s, but they refused to take the shoe back. And told them the receipt is from Macy’s and that Macy’s has to take this return. So they did... don’t buy shoe from Finish Line (inside Macy’s store).

Finish Line Company Information