1.06/5
  • 1 star
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

444 Family Dollar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Family Dollar Lincoln Avenue Vineland NJ 08361 - The manager in this store is either on drugs or needs medical help. Twice now, I have asked whether or not they carried a certain item. One time, I was in the store and asked for manila envelopes. She looked at me as though I had two heads. I explained what they were and she still did not understand. I then walked over to the stationery dept and found them myself. When I showed her what I was talking about, she seemed very confused and said "Oh." I have seen her do this with other customers in the store as well.

The other day I called (rather than make a trip to the store) and asked if they carried tinsel garland. She answered the phone (I know her voice since I shop there often). I asked if she carried the product and she did not have the slightest clue as to what I was talking about. I tried explaining and she still did not understand. Now, if she is the manager of a store and she has been there for a while (I do not know why), she should know her products. Especially since this is a Christmas item and ANYONE would know (even an idiot) what tinsel garland is.

I told her that since she "is the manager of a store, she should know what it was." That is all that I said, and she hung up on me. This woman obviously needs help, not only because of the situations described above, but I have seen her being nasty and rude to other customers in the store. She seems bewildered and confused. And does not go out of her way to help customers. She has help in the store, so I don't know what the problem is. I don't know her name, but I believe she is Hispanic, not sure. There are so many people looking for jobs that are willing to help, but this lady does not seem to like her job. I have heard her complain to other store associates about her job. If she doesn't like it, leave. She should be contacted and reprimanded. There are many other stores in the area which I can go to.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

It's Christmas time, YET... Store manager, Raymond, towed my vehicle after I made it clear I could not afford a towing charge. My truck was to be picked up by my mechanic the next day, on Friday. Raymond was aware that the mechanic didn't get it on Thursday. He knew the vehicle was not "abandoned", that I was working on moving the vehicle. The vehicle only needed to be moved 300 feet to the shop across the street. BUT, he called to have it towed on Saturday morning when he knew that the only reason it was still there was due to my mechanic not getting time to get it moved. While the store manager has the option to call a tow truck, he knows it costs over $200 to get the truck out, + $25.00 per day to remain at the tow shop.

The store manager has NO heart, and didn't stop to think that maybe waiting until Monday would have saved a customer some serious charges and issue. NO ONE was affected by the towing of my vehicle but ME. There was a NEW parking lot just installed, no one was at all inconvenienced by my vehicle remaining in a parking space. This is unconscionable!! There is NO heart with this company when our job as human beings is to be there for one another. Those that shop at this store obviously live below the poverty level -- something Raymond should be considering when he knows whose vehicle it is and knows it is being handled, and that it was not "abandoned". But, he didn't care, he towed it.

My charge now is $260.00, to get it out. Yet, it wouldn't have changed anything whatsoever at the store if my truck had remained until Monday. I could have called my OWN tow truck, I didn't because I didn't have $50.00 to do so!! Doesn't anyone think anymore?? About the consequences of their actions? I will NEVER walk into that store again. I spent 100's of dollars there, but NOT anymore!! I will be putting this review up EVERYWHERE on the web that I can!! DON'T SHOP at the Family Dollar on S. Duke Street, Lancaster, PA - or any Dollar Store.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I visited the Family Dollar store in San Bernardino on West Baseline, on Nov 10, 2017. My daughter and I entered the store to purchase some soap. Immediately after we walked in the store clerk announced that everyone was being monitored. This had happened before, on several occasions while visiting this particular store. I complained to the store clerk and asked to speak with a District Manager, the store clerk refused to give me this information. She begin telling me about her personal life, which was totally irrelevant. This store has horrible customer service. The store clerks do not greet their customers, and speak very rude. I would think twice before shopping at this location. Store# 1137.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

On today me and my mother went into a Family Dollar store here in Indianola, MS. When we finally was able to check out I went first. We both clipped some of the coupons online so I entered my cellphone number at check out. Mine went through. The associate had rap music playing on her cellphone while she was checking me out which I thought was very unprofessional at first. After she checked me out she proceeded to check my mother out. After she was told her totally we notice she didn't get the coupon discount.

I asked my mother to give me her phone so I could see if she clipped the coupon upon checking. My mom said never mind. The associate then said, "Will you move so I can check the next customer out." In the meantime her bags were in the baskets along with mine. I told her no she needed to complete my mother ticket. I also said she didn't have a right to refuse my mother service and she said yes she did again. I asked for the store manager. She said she was the manager. I come to this store often and I have never saw this woman in this store. I then asked for the number to the regional or district manager. She stated they didn't have one so I said, "Okay so you are a manager and refusing service to my mother."

I don't know what was her problem. My mom is already disabled and can't stand on her legs so my mother said the lady was making a scene and my mom insisted we leave. She acted so rude to us. I really think something should be done. Why would she refuse my mother service and customers was along why would she refuse my mother service. I would think our money is what keeps the store open and her paycheck flowing. I need answers or help. Someone please tell me what should we do. I'm embarrassed and felt I'm treated wrong me and my mother. I only shop there because it's near our homes.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It's obvious to me and everyone who reviews this store that they care nothing about customer service or customer care. Employees here act whatever way they like. They close early, open late, sass customers, sell old merchandise, and keep disgustingly dirty stores. Even though it's currently the most convenient store for me where I live I can't in good conscience give them another dime after today. Worst retail experience ever. Do the world a favor and cease to exist.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a speaker from the Family Dollar in Manchester. It doesn't work. Was told by management that you have to return it for same item and they no longer give refunds on electronic. There's no sign in store stating this when buy the electronics. "So OK I'll take another one." "Well we don't have another one." Been trying since Friday the 20th of October to reach customer service was told I'd get a call back. Still haven't received one. Called again this morning to complain about call back and was told again I'd get call back. I paid 40 dollars for this speaker. I need my money back. Someone needs to answer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

On 10/12/17 I saw Palm Dishwashing Liquid Gentle Care Pink 90fl oz for $5 at the cashier. I was told it was $6.26. When I told the cashier (manager) the price on the shelf say $5 she told me it was a mistake. I told her she need to fix it. Today 10/17/17 I pick up another pink 90 fl oz with the shelf price saying $5 (I took a picture of the price). Went up to the counter. Cashier (manager) told me $6.26 and I said, "We had this conversation before. You cannot put one price on the shelf and charge me another at the counter because that fraud". She told she is not having that conversation with me and refuse to sell me the dishwashing liquid. I ask her her name **. I told I will file a complaint with the BBB and she said go ahead. Store#08829 3710 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn, NY.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

We were in the store to buy food and after we got what we wanted we went to pay for it. And we asked if we could cash in change that was like 75 ¢ and the cashier was telling me she was not a bank and they can't do that and when I asked to talk to her boss, she called her over and was telling lies to her and made my kid cry because all she asked for was three quarters and the lady's screamed at us. I am never going back in there ever again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

New managers are not taught properly how to receive checks to put on the register. I have been going to Family Dollar for 15-20 years. I spend 3 to $400 a month in your stores. Every time I go managers you do not have to fill out the checks. Please teach your managers that you do not have to fill out the checks. They will argue you down that they know what they're doing and they do not.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Family Dollar on Wesleyan Blvd. in Rocky Mount, NC. One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. The incident occurred when I chose to get into the manager, Michele's line. There were 2 cashiers open and it was plain to see that the other cashier was busy with a disabled customer who was having difficulty paying. Without eye contact or any pleasant words, the manager took the closed sign and slammed it onto the counter and said, "There's another line open".

By this time there were 4 more customers behind me. We all moved forward as she rudely told us to do. The disabled customer was still holding up the line. The manager then without calling me or any of the other customers who have now been waiting OVER 5 minutes, she reopened her line and took the guy standing in front of her. I turned and said, "I've been waiting already, you aren't going to take me first? " To which she rudely replied, "If she don't like it she can go shop somewhere else!!!" Laughing to the other customer. Shame on you Family Dollar!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Plymouth, PA, store manager was irritated that I wanted to return a product I bought on faction in South Carolina. When I got back to my hotel room, I noticed it had been opened and half of the contents removed, but I didn't have time to return it there, so I went to my local Family Dollar (Plymouth, PA). The manager was irritated to be bothered in the middle of accepting a Coca-Cola delivery. I offered to let her continue, but asked how long she thought she would be. Her reply: "I don't know when he'll be done, but I have work to do". She listened to my story and clearly telegraphed that she did not believe me. She thought I opened and used half of the contents of the package and wanted to have my next one free. Personally, I would trust a customer until given a reason not to do so. Product goes missing all the time from retail stores.

Angrily, she processed my return. She offered no pleasantries during the course of the transaction, though she did plenty of eye-rolling. I don't think I asked her to do any more than her job, yet she wanted to do anything but her job when it came to asking her to work. I think she likes being the boss lady and dealing with the Coca-Cola delivery man, but she doesn't like being in charge of the store and dealing with customers with legitimate grievances. I would advise never going to the Plymouth, PA Family Dollar, and I, personally, am reconsidering ever returning to a Family Dollar Store. I have a Dollar General even closer, and the people there are polite (though the lines are just as long!) and I have dollar stores, as well, closer than Family Dollar.

It's a shame that Family Dollar acquired Dollar Tree. I expect Family Dollar will turn excursions to Dollar Tree into an even more arduous task, reminiscent of Family Dollar. The woman who attended to me in Plymouth, PA needs to lose her attitude in order to work for customer service. Then, she needs to learn and understand store policies. Perhaps some smiling classes wouldn't hurt, either. And please don't let her become the manager of one of my local Dollar Tree stores!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I was just told by two of your ** employees that they were not supposed to sell me a pack of cigarettes because I had my teenage daughter with me. I had a State ID. But both employees still told me they weren't supposed to sell me cigarettes? The worst part is they both stated that it was State Law. Never have I been denied or told this in my lifetime of living here. I do not appreciate being lied to and I believe I'm going back to this same store and return my purchases. I live in this neighborhood and I won't do any more shopping at your stores!

Original review: July 26, 2017

This store on 228 Nagle Ave. is the worst when it comes to customer service. Always empty (out of stock) at times when looking for certain items. An aisle full of boxes not opened. Certain cashiers give you attitude for asking a simple question, and only cashier working on long lines taking their sweet time and holding customers up like we are on their time which they have a lack of respect for their customers. This is a poor representation of the name Family Dollar.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I think all should know about the crap your managers cause. I was in the store in line waiting my turn and the shift manager let a customer cut the line (like no one has a thing to do). The store manager came and backed her up for doing so. I got hot and told the manager (due to the fact this is a ** store) that the reason you’re doing so as because I am **. He told me he could do as he pleased. The shift manager got into it by saying no one gives a flying ** as to what you think. I have been a customer there a long time. I have spent around 5000.00 in the last six months in that store, but no more. I will now shop at Dollar General as your management in this store sucks.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I went into store as usual after I finished laundry with cart and pack in tow. Upon entering store the employee that was working said that I had to leave my pack and cart up front. I asked her why because I never did this. And then the manager it was store policy and they always did this. Which proves to be a lie because I always go in there and the manager never said anything to me until today. The sign reads "kids" and since I'm over 50 that does not apply to me. But to make matters worse they started talking down to me, and raising their voices at me. I'm not about to tolerate this behavior. There is no excuse for it. So obviously I will no longer go into this store. There is always a line there. Several people working usually standing around but only one register open.

Original review: July 19, 2017

522 East Cuyahoga Falls Ave Akron Ohio. Very disrespectful employees and managers!!! My husband and I went to this dollar store around 9:30pm. They don't close until 10pm mind you. So my husband asked for a pack of cigarettes and they tell us that they stop selling cigarette at 9 and the manager said they stop selling them at 9:30. So he asked, ''Which one is it''??? Mind you, we have bought cigarette at 9:50 before so why the sudden change??? She told us, ''it’s store policy'', which is a lie... so she stated, ''do you really want the cigarette that bad''? And tossed the cigarette on the counter, so my husband started recording her.

He proceeded to called her out on her rude behavior and she stated that she could ''kick him out the store'', for what??? Her manager comes up and calls my husband an **, a couple other names and proceeded to argue with him. Now the manager threatens to call the police, for what, I don't know because he did nothing wrong. So my husband said he would be calling corporate office and with confidence the manager said ''go ahead''. So we did and just like we thought, their behavior was unacceptable, rude, disrespectful and very unprofessional.

So hopefully they will be dealt with asap because that situation was ridiculous and a manager defuses a situation but instead he provoked it!!! SMH wow, they count the cigarette a hour before they close and choose not to sell any because they don't want to recount them.... that's not right or fair to the customers. They can't make up their own rules and when people call them out on it, get upset!!! You have to follow the store rules. You can't just make up your own!!!

Original review: July 4, 2017

Store #10473: The parking lot and landscape is neglected, there is paper and trash on the grounds, paper cups, plastic bags and other debris in landscape. This is a poor representation of the Family Dollar brand.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I was in your store this morning about 10:05 am. I got a cart and went for milk as I passed the in-store computer and found your employee (MARTINA) seated with a Coca-Cola to her right side, a Gatorade in front along with a bowl of cereal (black bowl fill with Cheerios. Silver spoon in the bowl) and a bag of open popcorn which look like red-hot popcorn and her hand was in it and another soda to her left. As I open the door to the cooler I saw the employee get up from her seat with her cereal bowl walked behind the cash counter where she continue to serve herself from the bowl. I was not the only person in the store. I passed her again and notice her uniform was dirty (both employees were dressed dirty. The other was behind the counter - Yolanda.)

IT WAS VERY NOTICEABLE... YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT ''YOU.'' Your store should reflect your employees (dirty-dirty and dirty) and you "SIR" should be a REFLECTION of your store, shame on you... Some experience is better than NO-NO experience. THERE IS A TRAINING COURSE CALL ''PEOPLE POWER.'' MACY'S USES IT FOR YEAR ROUND TRAINING. It could also be used for incoming trainees at Family Dollar Store. Appearance has a lot to do with customer service, and where I shop reflects on ME. This experience makes your store and mine look BAD (Fix this). I can shop at the corner GAS STATION, I choose to shop at FAMILY DOLLAR. I hope your store camera pick this up.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Purchased an item that was not place in my bags. Upon arriving home I read the receipt and I was charged for the item. Searched my car and nowhere to be found. Went back to the store to see if I had forgotten it. The clerk was rude and told me she gave me all my bags and pretty much told me "Too bad. So sad." So my boyfriend returned the rest of the items and the manager fought with him about the return. Finally she returned everything except the missing item. Thanks for robbing me Family Dollar! Better change the name of your stores to Robbing Dollars.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Yes I purchased a gallon of whole milk on 19 June 2017 from this store and when I got home to pour some for my child it came out in chunks. So I brought it back and as I'm in there another person was in there with the same problem. The two people's name was Tristian and Kayla and the responses was "well I'm not taking all that milk out!" So with that being said it needs to be fixed!!! People spend their money on a product that is beyond disgusting! Something needs to be done about this! Very unacceptable and you need to hire people who take their job seriously!!! DISGUSTED WITH THIS STORE!!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

Shambrica or however you spell her name was very rude!! No care what so ever in her job duty. She was rude and didn't even greet me. When I asked her to not put the chips and soap in the same bag she catch an attitude. She then said she didn't have time for all this... meaning she didn't have to explain nothing to me. She was very rude in front of my kids and then started to talk about me to the rest of the customers behind me. I called back to the store to ask to speak to a manager and Devodrick sounded as if it bothered him that I was complaining on his cashier. They were both talking on the background about me. I don't believe why do they hire people like this with no customer service.. bad etiquette. I've gone to this store several times but this is the first time I see someone like this cashier with an attitude!!!

I know that even with my complain nothing is going to be done because this kind of stores are the ones who always hire the most ignorant people which means people with no manners!!! It's very frustrating having to walk in the store and see how they treat you after you pay for your own things! I didn't get anything free. I paid for my things so why not get the same respect back. The store manager, if they didn't lie to me, is named LaQuita. I just hope she can hire someone who is interested in working and someone who has manners because I won't go back to that place and I will keep making this reviews because I want that girl out that store. It’s ridiculous to see how people who get paid to work refuse to follow simple directions. Sad world!!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

Purchased an edible item from the store that tasted like a cleaning product. They refused to give me a refund stating they tasted fine. What happened to customer satisfaction? Will not be purchasing anything in this store again!!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Myself and 3 others approached Family Dollar on Cooke St in Waterbury at exactly 9:55pm last night 06/14/2017 they were already closed. The employer young lady may be ** or Hispanic. She was short, kind of chunky with glasses, just looked at us, and kept going to the front of the store. I work at Rainbow stores and we would lose our job for closing early. That's really bad business. And I used to love Family Dollar for everything...

Original review: June 11, 2017

My name is Charles ** and I am residing in the city of Columbus and the state of Georgia... I am composing this review in reference to being cheated by the rude and disrespectful cashiers at the Family Dollar store #08860 810 Fort Benning Road in Columbus, Georgia that I have been shopping at for the past five years now. The behavior of those young cashier are beyond my comprehension. I had confronted the cashier about her cheating me out of my money and she had stated that she was only playing around with me. You mean to tell me that Family Dollar is hiring untrained kids that are playing games now to operated their cash register without the supervision of a manager or assistant manager to guide them or supervise their mishap and mistakes.

This is the tenth time that I have encountered being cheated by an employee of Family Dollar. I am feeling that something has got to be done about these rude and arrogant people that do not care about their customers. Heck, I have even complained to the Family Dollar Facebook messenger account and I was told that they were sorry about my bad experience at that store but nothing else has been done about these untrained cashiers that cannot count correctly and that are continuing to cheat people out of their money on a daily basis.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I am a 58 year old woman, who always believe very, strongly in fairness, however, on June Saturday the 3rd, my daughter, 3 grandkids, and I went into Family Dollar to shop, the store on 75th street in Kenosha Wisconsin. It was one of the worse days of my life. After my daughter and I finished shopping, at check out, a manager of the store, first name James, I'm sure of... My daughter attempt to pay him with a hundred dollar bill. The manager, ''James,'' stated in a very rude voice, "I'm not a bank," to pay with something smaller. My daughter said, "But this is a store," while looking for a smaller bill.

James then said after receiving the money, "You people always come in here starting trouble." I then said, "You people." Then James the manager came out from behind the cash register and said, "GET OUT!!" In disbelief, I asked him was he having a bad day. James said, "Get out. I'm sick of you people coming in here with your **. GET OUT", in front of my grandkids, the people who was standing in line. I was so embarrassed. I feel James was very unprofessional and need to take a anger management class.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Walk in the store (went there for new headphones) and I pick two out that I was trying to choose between. So I pick one, put the other on the shelf, start to walk down the aisle to look for Castor oil and a man comes over and tells me I have to leave my purse with him! (What so you can go thru and take what you want or even let some else walk away with it.) So I said whatever, tossed the headphones and as I'm walking out another girl walks in with a purse similar to mine. Does he say she needs to leave her purse with him as well? Nope just me. I've been in that store before. Didn't think it was the best store but now I refuse to shop at any Family Dollar and I'll make sure family and friends don't either. That was so rude and uncalled for.

Original review: June 1, 2017

This store is by far the dirtiest and most unorganized of any I have ever been in. Even the entire parking lots has trash all over it. Inside it is worse, aisles are cluttered, difficult to pass down, shelves in disarray, poorly stocked and never straightened or well stocked, many items not priced, never any help to assist you in the store, usually only 1 person at the register. Not very friendly and it is getting real easy to drive on by and go further down the road to either Dollar General, Fred's, Dollar Tree, or all the way to Walmart. I even saw a huge rat the last visit in my way to my car. It is truly a store.

I would think upper management would visit and perhaps make a change in the store manager and the entire group of employees if they aren't willing to get this store straightened up, cleaned, stocked. It borders if not exceeds what the health department would walk in and shut down. I am not a frequent reviewer and don't constantly post complaints online but someone should really get concerned and pay this place an unannounced visit.

Original review: May 19, 2017

As I'm reading the disgraceful reviews, mostly entailing, horrible, abusive behavior from Family Dollar associates including managers and even on the corporate level, I'm appalled and find it incredible that this company and its employees have not faced legal repercussions, let alone the fact that they are still employed and there seem to be no repercussions at all has got me almost speechless... Almost. My experience with the store in my town has always been less than pleasant but the last time was one of the most degrading, humiliating moments of my life. I overheard the employee talking about me to another customer, accusing me of stealing while there is also a line of people waiting behind the customer that she's bashing me to.

So I look over and all these people are gawking at me so I calmly walk to the back of the line with my Carmex and Reese's Peanut Butter cups and say "I'm just going to pay for these items now so you can hopefully put your suspicion to rest and I can continue to shop and you can focus on your job." After I paid for my items, I walked over to the clothes but they didn't have the what I was looking for in my size so I went back to the check-out area to pick up my other bags that I had walked into the store with, which I would like to mention that I waited at the front door with my bags for a good while, because there was no one in sight and I'm already aware of this employee's attitude, so I waited before actually entering the shopping area til she finally came out from a backroom.

Anyway, so now I'm trying to collect my bags and leave and she literally yells at me, asking me what I did with the other items that were in my hand. I was a little dumbfounded at her straight out accusation so asked her what she was talking about. She then said, "wait right there, I'm calling the police!" She then went on to call me a crackhead and she also said that I probably don't make much money selling my ass, that's why I have to steal from Family Dollar. I told her that I was leaving the store and she can call the police but she may want to check her cameras first. She yelled more profanities as I walked out the door and told me I'm not allowed in the store anymore so I asked for the corporate number. She came flying from behind her counter and was laughing and acting like she insane and more than happy to oblige my request, she even offered to dial the number for me.

I guess that goes back to what I was saying in the beginning of this review. She was not worried about me reporting her because there are no repercussions, as a matter of fact, you would think that they are rewarded for abusing their customers. The only conclusion I can come to is that Family Dollar endorses and supports racism, sexism, bigotry, and downright abuse. Maybe their training/orientation requires them to be fluent in ignorance and as their final initiation into Family Dollarhood, they are required to kick puppies and punch kittens. Lastly, I want to say how humiliating it is to even repeat what this woman said to me but it has to be said because it was completely unwarranted and I know that she targeted me because of my appearance.

I have lupus and beginning stages of Parkinson's disease. One of the side effects to a med that I'm on is alopecia, which is hair loss. I have a steady tremor and a slight stutter. I do not smoke **. I don't even take narcotic pain meds. This woman was way out of line and I can think of a hundred one degrading comebacks and innuendos that would make feel small and disgusted with herself, believe me, it's hard to hold back but I hold myself to a higher standard these days. However, I plan on taking this as far and high up as I have to because discrimination and abuse should not be a part of anyone's cheap, bargain hunting, retail experience and this woman should not be allowed to work with the public. Family Dollar, you are no Walmart, not even close to Kmart or Big Lots. Try offering your employees more than minimum wage and offer benefits so your employees don't hate themselves and their lives so much. Just a suggestion.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I am writing to let management know that customers are being treated unfair. Store hours should be honored no matter what. I walked up on another customer and employee arguing about store hours. It was approximately 10 minutes before closing. I knew I didn't stand a chance on getting in because the employee asked the customer to go home. The customer was so upset. She was using profanity. The employee threatened to call the law on her. She had small children with her. All the employee had to do was let her in, but she stood there with the door locked. It could have been an emergency what she needed. I didn't say anything. I left and went across the street to Dollar General. They were also getting ready to close but they let me in because it still wasn't 9:00 yet. I told them what happened and that I was grateful they let me in. The Family Dollar Store need to honor the store hours no matter what. It will stop a lot of DRAMA!!!

Original review: May 5, 2017

My wife and I went into the Athens Tn. store on Thursday, May 4th at about 5:00pm to pick up a few items. My wife proceeded to the store associate for a price check and was attacked by a lady who was a poster woman for **. She was the most inconsiderate person I believe I've ever met. This person attacked my wife, in the company of other shoppers, with the accusation of her stealing from this store and presented a photo of my wife and a product that we do not and have never used. I do not know the logistics behind the accusation or the photo Family Dollar Store presented to us. If this were a legitimate situation why was there no notification of authorities. Myself and my wife will be more than happy to rectify any legitimate claim this store may have.

Anyone can put an item into a convenient temporary spot if shopping without a cart and forget however it's difficult to understand why that would happen with a product we do not use. I agree this should not ever be done but it can happen. If this occurred why was there no notification of any kind. I will attempt to contact someone within this company that is stable enough to speak with and remedy the situation. If we owe for a product even if we don't use it, we will pay for it.

Family Dollar Company Information