Family Dollar

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Return policy - I bought a air mattress with a pump. The pump didn't work so I went to Walmart due to Family Dollar was closed on the same day and purchased another air mattress and a pump. Took the one I got from Family Dollar back the very next day with receipt and even showed them where I had to go and buy one from Walmart the same day and they still would not refund or give me credit of $22.00. They said read the fine print on the box the mattress and pump came in. This is so unfair. They should have to tell you this before you pay. I have never seen this before.

The Family Dollar store on W Jefferson in Ecorse, Mi is usually cluttered or disorganized depending on who is working. Employees don't care about their customers. They are rude, don't want to help. As they are ringing up customers, they are wearing an earpiece and talking on their personal phones. You ask to put in your phone number to do the smart coupons and they tell you to wait a minute, then they total out your order and tell you "Oops, too late, I can't go back". I would have saved almost $12 using those coupons!!! Needless to say, I LEFT MY PURCHASE SITTING THERE UNPAID FOR!!! Without being able to use the smart coupons I didn't have enough money. But yet I've seen them allow people to buy cat or dog food or cigarettes with the bridge card. THIS STORE IS RIDICULOUS!!! I WILL BE SHOPPING ELSEWHERE from now on!!!

The owners of Family Dollar really need to get off their backsides and see what is happening in their stores. They went undercover before, try doing it again!!! But, this time stay at this store for at least a month. Watch and see what happens here!!! SEE HOW HIGH SOME OF YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE!!! Do something to make your stores better!!! Also another store on the Eastside was robbed and an employee SHOT!!! Everyone knows you only have two employees in the store at all times unless it's shift change!!! NO PANIC ALARM, NO SECURITY, NOTHING!!! GET IT TOGETHER FAMILY DOLLAR!!!

I went to the Family dollar store in Ayer Massachusetts on Tuesday 1/24/2017, store no.11443. When I went to the counter to pay for my products there were two employees working. Both of them were playing on their cell phones while I stood there waiting at least 4 minutes, I finally asked which register was open and One of them responded, "This one" which is the one I was at, it took him another minute before he finally put down his phone and rang me through. I was highly upset, Employees get paid to work not play on their phones and especially make a customer wait. That is not right... I later called to get the corporate number and asked if a manager was available. The man I spoke to told me he was the asst manager named Leo, this was who rang me through I recognized his voice.... Something needs to be done about this.. I work in customer service and we definitely don't treat our customers this way. It's simply wrong...

I went into the Family Dollar Store on Bristol Road in Burton Michigan today. Mind you I go in that particular store very seldom due to the fact every single time I go in there I have a bad experience. Today topped it off. They were obviously doing stock. There was a bunch of containers in the aisle way pushed off to the side. No big deal but my purse caught the lid of one of the containers sitting there and I knocked it over. Another customer said "oh that's nice" with all that stuff out there. I said "yeah it's always nice walking through a bunch of crap." The manager an older ** woman pops out from another aisle and says "well if you would have asked I would have moved it out of the way" and in not very pleasant tone. Due to my past experience with this particular woman I responded "I'm sorry. Was I speaking to you. I was speaking to the other lady not you."

She then continues to confront me and keeps continuing to run her mouth and being snotty and rude. I've then answer "aren't you the manager?" She responds "why yes. I am." I said "wow. I've never seen a manager be so confrontational with a customer." And then she continue to argue with me. I said "every time I come in the store I have a problem. I am so sick of it," and I walked away, get up to the register and I had two separate orders. One was going on my debit card. The first total came to $14 and some change NSF popped up on the machine stating non sufficient funds so I asked him to take off the car air freshener. He voted off the car air freshener then the total came to I'm not even sure what that total was but then my card come back declined. I was like "what the hell." I said "okay take the Febreze air freshener off there," and then the new Total was down under $9 and some change.

My card said declined again so I apologize and I stepped aside and I called my card and it was telling me I had a zero balance. I was like what the heck. That wasn't right. I just had money deposited on there today. So I told the guy again I said "I'm sorry. I'll have to come back later." I left, got a hold of my card which is U.S. Bank and there was a $10.97 charge from Family Dollar. So I turn around, go back up there and have to deal with this rude manager. She was being pleasant this time around because there was a whole line full of people waiting to be taken care of as there always is in that store and she asked the assistant manager to help who wasn't very pleasant either. She had a very nasty scowl on her face like I was just causing her so many problems because she had to call corporate to find out what if my card was charged.

They're trying to tell me that it was not charged that it was voided out in that they have to do an investigation. Okay that's fine. That's great. This never should have happened in the first place. That cashier should have known what was going on with my card. If they charge me the 10.97 and only wanted the balance then that's what he should have told me and not sit there and let me run my card three separate times. The only way to dispute the charge with my card is I have to report the card stolen and then I'm out of a card for 7 to 14 days and I have to wait at least 30 days for their investigation. Your manager supposedly put in a dispute at your office your corporate office and then I get on the phone with a guy and try to give him my information and then try to tell him the situation. By this time I'm absolutely livid and he hangs up on me.

I don't know where are you people take your training for customer service but this is not it. Not to mention I just read some reviews with other people having issues with their debit card being charged when it shouldn't have been. Is that what you guys are into. Is ripping off your customers and stealing money is that how you make your money. I'm a single mother with two children. That was my child support money. That was the only $11 I had to my name. I needed toilet paper and other things for my home that I now do not have the money to buy and had to go borrow money to buy toilet paper because you people don't know what you're doing. And then the fact that I can't get in touch with anybody to make this complaint in person is absolutely ridiculous. You just lost another customer. I will no longer shop at any Family Dollar. Thank you for stealing my money.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use your debit card with this company. I normally shop there at least 5 times a week for the convenience of it being near by home. On the particular night I had to stand in line for 20 minutes. There was only one cash register open and the line had formed down almost to the front door entrance which made it hard for customers to come in and out. The cashier was very rude to a customer that she mistakenly charged her for out the same item four times. When it was finally my turn she rung up my items and I inserted my card for payment. Because it took the debit machine a little while to say approved the cashier claimed to suspended my transaction. She sent down to the next register where she asked me to enter my pin and card again. I asked her would it debit my account twice because I made a huge purchase and I didn't want my account debited twice. She assured that it wouldn't.

The next day as I'm checking my account to make sure that all transactions had cleared I see that of course my account was debited twice. I immediately notified customer server and the representative was very nonchalant about my account being debited twice and said "we will process a reversal which will take 3-4 days to be refunded into your account." It has now been almost two weeks and I still have not received my money. Now whenever I call they tell me it is processing. This has inconvenienced my family and they have done nothing to try to return my funds. I'm never shopping at any of their stores again. I'll be taking a couple extra minutes to go to Dollar General or Walmart from this day forward.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

31 December 2017, I conducted business at Family Dollar 9430 Cullen BLVD Houston Texas Store number 01524. I purchased 15 picture frames and requested for A-Meshia to assist me. She refused to do her job and made a large scene in front of customer. A-Meshia, has no respect and does not value the customer or her position as a cashier. I strongly believe this store has a problem providing good customer service. I'm requesting for this matter to be resolved and investigate this store customer service. Please contact me at **.

I encourage you to not buy any toys from Family Dollar that is battery operated because you will not get your money back if you try and return it even if it's not working properly! I bought a Falcon drone. My husband try flying it with my daughter. It didn't work like it was supposed to. I went back. I spoke Mgr. I told her that they tried flying it and did not work properly so she said to bring it in and when I did she said I was unable to return it because it was damaged. I told her before taking it what had happened. She handed it back to me and I told her to give me a new one then because this one was not working properly. I preferred store credit because I didn't want to deal with this happening again. She said no and handed me another one. I was totally upset. I will never buy toys from there again!!! BEWARE!

Ms. Asaneth ** (cashier), and Mr. Carlos ** (Manager), were inept or incapable of counting $4.00 in dimes for a Gatorade, and 2 sodas. They keep claiming it has to be in rolls and refused service because inability to count. This young lady exudes loathsome for her job, since the store opened. I asked the manager in English and in his native tongue Spanish to show where in the Family Dollar Manual does it state $1.00 in dimes have to be in a roll.

Apparently they would rather make excuses from their busy time of one customer in the whole entire store than to count one dollar in dimes. I claim race discrimination. I claim the poorest customer service of any store I've been to and that is why the Family Dollar Franchise is declining nationwide. The company needs to screen their owners that are buying into their franchise and screen their staff better to know if they even want to be there or just waste space. The dumbing down of America is what is happening in your stores. However, I won't let this happen in my community. The owner I believe is Carlos ** 915-260-4744, 8 am - 3 pm.

This complaint is to address the less than stellar customer service I received this morning at approximately 9:00 a.m.at the Family Dollar location located in New Orleans, La. located on 4525 Old Gentilly Rd. When I entered the store I proceeded directly to the frozen foods section since I had seen some advertised products in a weekly mailing earlier that morning. Once on that particular aisle, two individuals, a gentlemen who appeared to be a vendor and one of your "star" employees Ms. ** (whose last name is unbeknownst to me, because it was not visible on her name-tag, was standing on the end of the frozen food aisle talking. After two or three minutes of me perusing the frozen food cases on one end of the aisle Ms. ** asked if "I needed anything." To which I replied that "No, thank you. I was just looking."

After a few more minutes perhaps less than three, I proceeded to walk around another side aisle to get to the other end of the frozen food section where the gentleman and Ms. ** were standing not wanting to disturb or interrupt them from what they were in the middle of doing. Once I approached the end of the aisle I went down to get to the opposite end of the frozen section they were on. Ms. ** turned her head to acknowledge me. I again stated that I was just looking to see what was available. With that being said, half of the shelf in the middle was empty. After a small glance to see what was on the opposite end, before I could even have a chance to fully look to see what was on the shelves, Ms. ** took it upon herself to make the statement that "If I was not buying anything, I could just leave." I was flabbergasted and replied "excuse you."

She then stated that "I was making her uncomfortable by standing there" looking to see what was available to buy. I then stated that I was highly offended by her remarks, a paying customer. Took out the money in my pocket and told her that I could buy any and everything in the store that I wanted. At that point another taller young lady, who later I was told was the manager on duty at the time, walked up to see what was going on. I also mentioned to Ms. ** that I was hungry just like she was because I realized she was eating a bowl of Top Ramen noodles while working on the clock when the entire situation transpired.

I then asked for her name to call corporate headquarters in order to make a complaint and at that moment took out my cell phone out of my pocket. Then I realized I could take a picture of Ms. ** to capture as proof to verify the incident. At which point Ms. ** proceeded to "technically" assault me... By attempting to snatch my cell-phone out of my hand when she realized I was taking a picture. Once that happen, I addressed the manager and asked if there was a corporate number I could call. The manager and Ms. ** basically ignored me, turned around, and proceeded to walk toward the office part of the store with Ms. ** cursing me out at the same time.

They then locked themselves behind a closed door and never came back out in which I had to bring the situation to the lady at the front register. She was neither helpful nor assisting also, stating that she couldn't do anything about the situation and that I could not go beyond a certain point where the other employees locked themselves in. Needless to say, after that transpired I totally disregarded making the purchase I originally intended to make, as I was so taken back by what happened. I actually ended up getting the number from an upstanding young individual who was simply filling out an application at that time but witnessed everything that transpired. He was actually more helpful than everyone else in the entire store who worked there...

While I have been a loyal customer of the Family Dollar chain for decades, as well as that particular location, I have never had a more embarrassing and humiliating experience in any other public franchise in my entire life. While Ms. ** stated earlier that I made her uncomfortable by standing there a few minutes while looking and deciding what to purchase, she, along with the help of the other associates working at the time in that location, made it EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE for myself. It's hard to believe that an individual with Ms. ** character and attitude could represent and be employed to work in any customer relations environment. I would just hope the necessary actions would be taken so that she does not ruin anyone else's experience as a consumer, and your business model and practice as a whole.

I would also appreciate if this complaint be forwarded through the proper channels to reach the level of executive offices of Family Dollar and the CEO himself, Mr Levine, so that they may be directly informed of the incident in order to make an appropriate assessment and judgement regarding the incident. Also, any response by such faculty that represent them is encouraged and welcomed. Here is several photos I managed to take at the time the situation occurred of the Family Dollar employee Ms. **, who I was so highly disrespected and insulted by.

On Thanksgiving Morning around 10AM, at the Family Dollar Store # 10976, in Rising Star, TX. I was assaulted by the Manager for being a cop's mother. Went to counter to pay for items when the store manager asked me if my son was now a cop here in town. I replied "yes, when he suddenly grabbed the items out of my hand, reached over the counter and shoved my buggy away from me, while he yelled that my business was not welcomed there! Stunned, I asked if he was refusing me service because my son was a cop here in town? He yelled back, "YES I AM!" I have reported him and incident to both the District Manager and our local sheriff's dept.

When he yanked the items from my hand, it resulted in a cut on my right thumb knuckle. Since the incident, I have been afraid to leave my home, when I do, I try to make sure I am not alone. I certainly don't go into that store anymore. I did have a witness step forward who gave a statement of the entire incident.

The sheriff's off has the video, conveniently with no audio, and DA's office has witness statement.

Days later, the same manager approached my landlord's wife and chastised her for renting to us. I do not understand what this man has against cops, but for him to take his hate out on me, was very hurtful, humiliating frightening to the point I can't hardly go anywhere without someone to be with me. This has disrupted my own business as well as my own security.

For months my sister and my 3 year old son have been treated rudely by Pam at the Loysville PA store. Today after being on the road most of the day we stopped at Family Dollar and they went in while I waited in the car. He was cranky so she brought him to me and went in to pay for the items which included a toy car that was sitting on top of the other items at the register. When my sister came out and checked the bags the car was missing and was not on the receipt. She went back in to get it and was told it wasn't there. When my sister informed her it was on top of the other items Pam said, “Maybe if he learned to behave he'd get what he wanted.” Well Pam neither my son's behavior or what I choose to purchase for him is any of your business and how dare you make either that comment or decision.

I heard she and my sister yelling as my sister exited the store. I went in and asked another employee to get the manager. That's when I was informed she is the manager. This compounded my anger. I got the corporate number and her info from the employee and reported this to corporate. I was then told the unprofessional behavior would be investigated and the outcome was confidential. They advised me of online coupons on their site to help keep me as a customer. I'm sorry but that is beyond condescending. The very idea that I would overlook such behavior for a coupon is insulting. I have no issues with other employees and have great service from everyone but her. Want to keep your customers? Don't hire people like Pam. Hopefully this will be dealt with but I have to say seeing will be believing. Again this is only one of numerous incidents over several months. Enough.

I visited one of the local Family Dollar retails (located on Fulton Road, Cleveland, OH)... And trying to pick up some Christmas gifts for my grandchildren. And was fairly disappointed in the selection of dolls that represent diversity. Of about 60 dolls, I could count on one hand, the number of dolls that were **, Hispanic or Indian. In an age, where race relations is still a sore topic, I'm appalled that Family Dollar do not properly represent a customer base that is inclusive to providing a diverse selection of products. I would've liked to purchase a doll that was a different color outside of **, but because the selection was very low... I found myself thinking that this is not a store that I would want further support with any purchases. It's Christmas time... for God's sakes. They should have a better selection than just ** dolls... Shame on you!!!

I am a regular customer but will never come back! :-) This rudeness towards ** woman is typical here in rio Grande valley however I have never been treated this badly and humiliated by any other store here and trust me I have been treated very badly! The cashier working at 5:22 pm on nov 29 really needs to be fired. First she wouldn't speak English with me. Second I asked her to help me find a different item for a girl, not a boy. She said, "If it's not there we don't have," ok but it was with toys and buy one 50'off next. She pointed to toys as there... however as she responded as I asked if it was gonna count as 50 off - she said no toy only.

Following this I had three packs of sodas and many many bags and I asked her, "Please help me find help out or a buggy because I am ill and can't carry all this out." She said "we don't have" everyone else women of rgv along with her laugh as I have to carry a little out and drop at front door outside and as I am coming back and forth finally a man and little boy began to help me!! I am sick of these people. They come from Mexico and get our jobs and management prefers them but fails to think about citizens for life because we can not speak Spanish. Another issue. I should not have to learn as I live in texas.

I am not sure if it's just called the Family Dollar Store, only know Worland Wyoming is small and a bad place, and no, I will never go there. After my son got put in jail for nothing!! He walked in, and got kicked out!! He even made a video of it, and told them "I am recording this from across the street!!" He asked why he was being kicked out!! I guess it was about a video. It was not mean, rude, or nasty, just a video, as he, yes, has borderline schizophrenia. All he wanted was an electric blanket!!

He after he was kicked out was told the police will be contacted. He was in jail a long time, and no one told him or me what he did and yes, I tried to call down to Worland several times. Now the Dollar Store has nothing, I know of to do, with why he went to jail. Wish my son, I do believe, who was renting from this lady, who lied, at least 2-3 times, about everything would have just up and left but poor thing is staying in a shed. He has no home and all he owns in this world is in this shed!!

My son is disabled and had to after he got kicked out from this lying ladies house who said my son was stalking her then all of a sudden is stalking her 17 year old son, instead!! Then, I heard, after all those lies it had to do with a video. But why the Dollar Store kicked him out is beyond my imagination!! And him being my son and I his mother why could they not tell me a thing?? I asked the jailer. I got jack, and the only good thing is he is finally out, with fines. The jailer was rude to me. My son is still homeless living in a shed!!

Family Dollar at 89th and Stony Island hires waste removal companies that illegally pick up trash during non business hours at 3 or 4 AM. This store is in a residential area so it disturbs the entire block of residents. I have consistently asked for them to change their waste/disposal hours and function at the time that the law states that they are allowed and they have rebuffed my concerns. Family Dollar operates like a low level discount store and practice the same level of service to the neighborhood patrons that have asked them to politely change their practices and respect the law.

I went to the Family Dollar in Flint on 5th Avenue. The workers was using foul language throughout my whole visit. I really go because its the closest. Very unprofessional. I was trying to look up a corporate number to call just so they can hear whats going on in the store.

The employee at Family Dollar is a rude disrespectful child. After spending my money in their store the cashier got rude and disrespectful to me as I was walking out the door and when I asked what he said he said it again then I asked for the store manager. He claimed he was the store manager which I highly doubt.

In July of 2016, I visited store #4428, lapalco Blvd., Harvey, lA. As I was trying to check my items out, I Sat the hand-held basket on the counter so that the cashier could rang up my items. The clerk rudely asked me to removed the items from the basket. After some conversation about this I started removing items from the basket. End of transaction included the cashier throwing my receipt and money at me which brought me to making a formal complaint at the corporate office.

In Sept. 2016, I visited the same store and the same clerk told me that I wasn't welcomed in the store. After I pressed her why, she then accused me of stealing. I told her absolutely not. You have a personal vendetta against me because I called the Corp. office on you. She then threatened me with calling the police. The following days I called the Corp office once again to make a formal complaint. I also asked that the district manager to give me a call. Which did not happen.

After a month on non-communication, I did a follow-up call to ask what the outcome of my case was. The corp associate begins to tell me that the manager substantiated the claims and the case was closed. I then asked her how did she make that determination without any proof of an incident. I then asked to speak to the regional manager because the district manager has not returned my call after 2 requests. She then explained to me that I could not speak to the regional manager because I haven't talked to the district manager. My question is how am I to talk to the district manager if he refuses to return my call. The representation that is working for this company is absolutely incompetent. I can't believe that a company would allow themselves to be betrayed in this manner.

I am a regular everyday customer that spends a lot of money at this store and this is not the first time I've been treated badly at this store. This specific day I spent 28.00 and after I paid I realized I had a 5 off 25 coupon in my purse and not only did this employee Alex deny the coupon but he refused my return and called me names in front of many other customers and said if I didn't leave the store he would call the cops and I'm disgusted with this behavior as a customer.

I cannot believe I was treated this way when I didn't do anything wrong except forget to use a coupon I had with me and I got called names in front of other customers and threatened by him! I've seen this same employee sitting around talking about chicks while customers wait and heard other employees complain about him while I was in the store at other times and he keeps getting away with this disgusting behavior! I'm appalled that family dollar would represent themselves with an employee like this Alex! I will not let this stuff go 'til someone does something about him!

The store in New Milford on Rt 7 is terrible. The employees are too worried about their phones. When I checked out I was charged for stuff that I didn't buy, stuff that was supposed to be on sale didn't come up on sale, and I was charged bottle deposit on lemonade that I can't even get the deposit back. When I called corporate the ** on the other end of the phone told me it was my fault because I should have been watching and that the coupons don't come off. I have to ask for them to come off, and in order to return something I need the product but I didn't buy it and walk out with the product so returning something I don't have is going to be hard. When I told the customer service rep that she told me I should have checked my recipe before leaving. She said that there was nothing that she could do for me and hung up on me! I will never shop at Family Dollar again anywhere.

Yes I visited a Family Dollar location and found what I needed and brought it to the register. I was overcharged by $5. The item was only $1. I told the cashier that I was charged the incorrect price and she didn't understand what I was saying because she did not understand English. Major disappointment complaint number #1, then she started talking to another employee and he came up front to see what she was saying. The cashier starts going to the back of the store where I found the product. I followed her to show her the correct price. We got halfway to the back and she started talking to the other employee in Spanish and she went back to the front. I started talk to the other employee and he totally ignored while we were only 2 feet apart. I was told him that I had been charged the wrong price.

He started yelling to the cashier in Spanish. So I replied "So you don't speak English either?" He said "Oh yeah I speak English but I'm talking to my employee." So I said "So you're not going to talk to me the person who is having a issue." He walked off and started having attitude and took the product back to the front of the store and told the cashier the right price and she finally charged me a $1 for the product. Wow this is really bad customer service, I would appreciate if something can be done. I feel if you are going to work in a store in Dallas Texas and expect for us to pay then the store could at least hire people that are bilingual and can communication with the customers. Bad Service! Since then I have also contacted corporate and was informed that someone would be contacting me in 5 business days. It's going on 2 weeks now... Very unprofessional!

I live within blocks from Family Dollar store# 05451 Marion, Indiana, so I stop in several times a week. My day of errands I stopped at 2 other Family Dollar stores and made several purchases, one was a garment rack which fell apart trying to put it together. So I chose to return that and a couple of other items to this store. It was closer to me and I thought no problem they do returns from all Family Dollar stores. So when I told the store manager, Laura, I had these returns but was purchased from other stores, mind you, I just purchased these the day before, had correct receipts, she looks me in the eye and said she could not do returns because her supervisor was not there and that she did not have approval to do returns, that she needed a supervisor to ok the return. Now I'm saying "are you kidding me. You are a store manager, and why was there not a supervisor on duty if you do not have control of the store."

She said I would have to take them back to each store, and I said **. So I went to my car, call the store on Adams St, ask for the supervisor, which answered the phone, Melissa, told her the story, said she would do it. So I had to drive 20 minutes out of my way to the return. Melissa was very apologetic, agreed with me that she should have done the return, just downright LAZY. I will not shop when Laura is working. I will go to your competitor. I did not keep the receipts after the return transaction, did not need them, but I'm sure if Melissa is still supervisor by the time you see this, she will remember the story.

Yesterday as I was being rung up for my purchase the manager who was waiting me was on the phone with a personal call. (Always is the case). She was not paying attention to my order. When she tallied I noticed my bill to be in excess. I had picked up a deodorant that was marked 70 cents. It rang up $2.10. I called her attention to it. She replied "it's $2.10." I then told her I wanted it for the marked price. She told me to hold on, "I know you used to work for Family Dollar and know the rules." This is all while she is on the phone. Then told me she was going to give it to for the marked price. I then offered her an apology if I had offended her. At this point because of her rudeness I meant that in a condescending manner. She didn't get it. Never once did I receive a greeting or a smile. It appears this girl really likes her job!

I did put in a request with another store manager for the D.M. to give me a call. I still haven't received that either. I wish Family Dollar would investigate and take action on complaints instead of letting them fall to the wayside. I feel that my previous employment had nothing to do with me as a customer. If someone would hold these managers accountable maybe your stores wouldn't be in such disarray. I always shop your store for convenience. However there is a Dollar General close as well. In the future when I go to store 706 if this manager is at the register I will not make a purchase.

The location at 6319 Saint Andrews Road Columbia has improved dramatically. As it is just over one mile from my house, I patronize it often. When the previous manager worked there, there were out of stock issues and abysmal customer service. When they changed the store manager, the whole shopping experience was transformed. She is perceptive to stop abusive couponistas who violate the redemption rules and will fulfill all of the corporate policies and values, using common sense. The non-compliant employees were purged and seemingly great associates were hired by her. Especially the latest hire who exudes great work ethic and is amazingly attuned to the best practices of customer service. The manager exhibits courage by letting the new hire wear her hijab or dupatta. Great job regarding diversity!

Speaking about FAMILY DOLLAR on Westchester avenue in the Bronx NY, I walked in the store to find young ** female associate screaming profanities about a ticket she received. I'm talking F Bombs and everything in between. There was also a young man there although not cursing but laughing and joking about the situation with her, then a traffic officer came to door to paste a ticket on the door which set her off once more. It was the single worst experience I've ever encountered, AND there was inventory everywhere in except on the shelves. Just disgusting, unprofessional behavior.

I arrived with a school friend to shop for a backpack. The parking lot was so unkempt that I feared rolling over glass/trash. The whole parking lot was overflowing. After carefully parking, we reluctantly stepped inside and found that towards the back was a huge plastic bin on one of the aisles, and as we passed, we saw water dripping from the upper ceiling through the light fixtures into one of the huge grey plastic storage bins (that was 1/2 full), sitting atop the top shelving unit below the light.

I feared for the safety of the employees. I decided to leave. In doing so, I went into the parking lot and started taking pictures of this hideous scene, and heard an intercom speaker sound aloud addressing me by one of the employees, stating that no pictures are allowed on the property. I wondered how it was easy to keep an eye on me, but not put forth the effort to remove waste from their lot. It is/was disgusting. This place should be shut down.

I shop at the Family Dollar on 10th and Midwest Blvd for the close location. I've shopped at many other Family Dollar stores and have NEVER experienced any problems and the employees are helpful, I guess. The store on NE 10 has gone downhill and FAST. Someone needs to come in a teach these people how to deal with customers, because they are terrible!!! On TWO occasions I was followed around the store by one particular employee/stocker. Both times it was SO obvious I was being followed that I stopped mid-aisle and just stared back waiting for him to go by, while he stared me down entire way. It made me very uncomfortable!! It would anyone! He obviously was not stocking the shelves and was bringing the boxes to whatever aisle he had the best view of me. At first I blew it off thinking maybe it's the security man, or maybe he thinks he knows me.

After the 2nd stalker event last month I have been avoiding the store almost completely. Until today... I went in the store for 5-6 different items. As I'm in laundry aisle I like to smell the different fragrances, like we woman will do sometimes before making final decision. I like to smell dryer sheets also. I picked out my dryer sheets and was giving myself a min to look at rugs before deciding on my soap. Well of course the stock boy who of course was following me the whole time alerted management to me smelling the fragrances!! This woman was HORRIBLE. I'm not a thief but that is EXACTLY what she made me out to be! She intentionally gathered OTHER EMPLOYEES AROUND while she accused me of "vandalism" of the store! It was ridiculous!!

After her outrageous accusations, she loudly announced she'd be escorting me out and if I came back I'd be trespassing!! This is while I'm purchasing all my items. Everyone I smelled even though I just took the cap off, don't see how that's vandalism?!? Then that wasn't good enough for her power-hungry rampage. She followed me to the front the whole time loudly speaking about me opening the soaps as if I had stole something, then with about 8 people around made her grand announcement AGAIN about me not being welcome in the store!! I couldn’t believe it!! For smelling laundry soap!! No seal was broken, nothing. It's ridiculous!! The several times she asked me a question then as I'm starting answering, she immediately cut me off and would repeat her question over and over so I could not get a single word in!!

She is supposed to be in charge, yet that was the unbelievably UNPROFESSIONAL and a gross exaggeration of anything even being done wrong!!! I was just humiliated over something that I am allowed to do!! Then made out to be a full-blown CRIMINAL BY THIS POWER HUNGRY MANAGER!! I'm calling corporate. I'm an excellent customer and this lady is OUT OF CONTROL!!!

I have shopped Family Dollar for many years, the last three years have been the worst. Employees are lazy, the shelves are empty and products are still loaded on a cart sitting in the aisles. Also employees are rude and don't give a **. If this continues I will go a store that will appreciate my business.

The store was 9548 Scyene Rd. The lady at register called me a ** and threatened to jump on me simply because I told her she gave me the wrong cigarettes. I've never been treated so bad. Manager and employees were laughing the lady, said she would see me on streets. Never been treated with such disrespect and manager did not do anything about it 7/15/2016 802 pm.

I've been shopping at the Family Dollar on State and Washington St here in Indianapolis for about 10 years. The past 3 years this store has become by far the worst store I have ever come across in all my life! The employees suck terribly! They are lazy... smoking outside every 5 minutes. When you need help with anything they respond they don't know. HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHERE PAPER TOWELS ARE? Last week I needed one of the guys that worked there to get me something from the top shelf. He said he was busy to go up front and ask somebody else. I was irritated by it but did. Got up front and the girl said she's going on a smoke break. Between the pure laziness of both employees and their bad attitudes I just went over and grabbed a broom and knocked it down myself.

About that time the manager was coming in for her shift. I heard a customer ask about splitting a payment between cash and card the manager said "no we don't do that." The lady responded she's been doing it for years. I guess the manager was in a bad mood and went off on the older lady. She cussed her out then said she was going to call the police on her. I was thinking WHAT THE HELL THE LADY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WRONG AT ALL. Then the lady said she was nuts and was leaving, she decided not to purchase from this store. The manager said she gets off at 10 o'clock and for the lady to "meet her there after work so she could beat her ass" was her exact words! This was just in my last visit.

That store is so ran down that they let people steal out of it and say they are not going to chase them down. And people wonder why the prices keep going up higher. The shelves are always empty. The staff does not clean up their appearance to come to work, they are very rude and they close early every night. If you want to buy cigarettes at 8 o'clock you can't because they lock up the case. Why is it that this stuff is allowed? It's ridiculous!

I shopped there out of convenience but I'm over it. This store makes my stomach turn because I feel like physically putting these people in their places. So instead of going to jail because they are just that rude, I avoid it altogether. Customers need to start speaking up about this stuff and maybe corporate office will take it more seriously. I will spend my 200 a week I usually spend on household items at a place that appreciates my business!

Family Dollar Company Profile