2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Family Dollar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Family Dollar LPGA-No Mask Complaint. Two days ago on 7/21/2020, I stopped at the Family Dollar on LPGA in Holly Hill, FL. As I drove up, I saw a customer coming out with a cart and a mask on his face. So, I thought it would be safe to go in. I walk in the door and a cashier/staff greets me with no mask on her face. Two months ago, a month ago, I saw this no mask on Family Dollar staff before. Today, with almost 6,000 people dead in Florida, I thought there would be masks on staff.

The female Family Dollar staff said welcome to her store, I picked up a small hand basket and took two steps into store. I looked around and no one was in the store but me. I looked at the cash register area and there was just a clear piece of plastic between me and this probably virus infected Family Dollar worker. God told me to turn my ** around and get out of there. This I did quickly. Why am I writing this complaint? Family Dollar on LPGA had continued to have their staff with no masks, last month, month before, two weeks ago and now two days ago. So, I blasting Family Dollar for being as stupid as Trump and infecting people with their stupid denial of the disease and their non-caring attitude for others. Possible Family Dollar customers, you have been warned!!

Original review: July 19, 2020

Old Fort NC Family Dollar Store have employee and store issues. Constantly boxes upon boxes in aisle ways making difficult move about in the store. The manager is a very hateful mean person. Hard time wanting to shop due to your management choices. Especially during these times, should be able to handle job and DOES NOT! YELLS at customers.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Very poor customer service! Cashier not wearing mask, just like most of incoming customers!!! Stay away from that store, if you want to stay healthy and keep social distancing. People are stealing and nobody cares! Find another store, to spend your money!

Original review: June 14, 2020

They were announcing the store will be closing in three minutes. She got madder as I was trying to decide. Then she sighed. I could have handled it better and I did swear however she made a fist and punched her hand. Manager on duty stepped in ringed me out. I told both of them to have a good night. The employee at the door that let me out apologized for the other lady behavior. However I won't be going back. Elkhart Indiana on Franklin St.

Original review: June 9, 2020

The employees are not order thing to restock this store. The shelf are very empty and this is totally unfair to the customer live close by. 17511 imperial valley Houston. Family Dollar need to full this store.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My name is Elizabeth B. My husband and I are regular customers of Family Dollar. We have been going to your Family Dollar store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814 almost weekly since the Pandemic started, Wednesday 6/3 at approximately 5:00 my husband and I went to Family Dollar at the Chepachet RI location. When we pulled up I think all the employees were hanging out at the front of store smoking. There was one young man working in the store, the cashier. (Every time we have been to this Family Dollar store there are a few employees hanging around outside in front of the store smoking and eating.)

Sitting in the aisle was the cart with all the boxes where 2 boxes of disinfectant cleaning products were right on top. The Clorox wipes were in a open plastic open bag. We got one each and right under them was a box small box of microban 24. We opened and got one each of the spray. We know the policy is one per person and we were following the rules of the store. I needed a few others items which I was shopping for when the employees came back in from the cigarette break and one of them started screaming loudly so you could hear her Thru the whole store. Someone had been in her boxes. She then continues screaming to another employee. She doesn’t care who it is she is going to find them and throw them out of the store.

My husband and I got scared immediately as we didn’t want these employees screaming at us or throwing us out of the store so went and paid for our products and left immediately. We are scared to go back in the store because of the employees. As you know it’s been difficult to find paper products and cleaning products. We would like to know what you can do about this problem so we can feel safe shopping at the Family Dollar Store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have been going to the local Family Dollar for years. I went to purchase several things and when I went home I had two of one thing and did not need two. I went back to return the item and was told that they do not accept returns or exchanges. That was news to me because I have made returns in the past. There was no signs on the door telling consumers that there would be no returns or exchanges. Was not told at the time of purchase that returns were not accepted. Was not on my receipt that I could not make returns. Beware of Family Dollar. You cannot return or exchange there.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Iv visited the Family Dollar on Forest Hill Blv and Congress in West Palm Beach. In entering the store the door beeped. Cashier was not busy and paid no attention. Leaving the store it beeped again. Cashier was ringing up a customer and hollered at me why is my door beeping? Left the counter and demanded I open my bag. She was rude and embarrassed me. I showed her my Publix bag with items. Also offered to show receipt. If she had paid attention she would have noticed the door beeped when I entered the store. The customer and her looked at me like I was a thief. She was rude and didn't even apologize!! I just moved to the neighborhood and was so happy Family Dollar was only a block away. So where is the nearest Dollar General?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was happy shopping there buying my essentials when I noticed none of the employees were wearing masks and barely wore gloves. I spoke to a girl at the register and asked, "Do you need a mask? I’ll give you one." She then said “the company doesn’t like us to wear them. They don’t want the customers be alarmed.” I personally think that is horrific. These people are putting themselves on the line for a few bucks in a time where it pays more to stay home.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I used to go to Family Dollar almost once a week, today after I asked the cashier to double bag the 2.5 liter sodas she starts in about how family dollar will start charging for plastic bags, I say I was around when we had paper bags and no one wanted plastic bags when they started, she says they found plastic bags in whales (we are in Colorado). I say I can show you some decomposed plastic bags in my basement so they are full of crap. She next starts in about how I have to bring the shopping cart back (something I always do). Bottom line I give you money. You provide goods or service. I spent 30 years in the military and I expect to be treated like everyone else. And no I will never go back.

Family Dollar Company Information