2.4/5 (815 ratings)

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

In July of this year I ordered an ironing board online from Family Dollar but they failed to send me a confirmation email notifying me of its arrival at the Huntsville, Al University Drive store. Because of Covid, many orders have been delayed so I understood and patiently waited. Weeks went by until I finally called the store on September 20, 2022 and the manager Phoebe stated that it arrived weeks earlier but that she didn’t have my phone number to notify me. However, Phoebe went above and beyond the call of duty to rectify the situation for me and I appreciate employees like her. She apologized even though it wasn’t her fault and I spoke to her manager who also is an awesome manager. This is what stellar management looks like! I will shop there from now on.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I am from Miami and had just flown in to Tallahassee to visit my Mom. I needed a few items and decided to go to the Family dollar across from my mom's house. When I went there, I was greeted immediately by Alisha **. She was so nice and so very courteous in assisting me with what I was looking for. So very respectful. I wish I had her in the store in Miami near me. I want to take this time to thank her for her Awesome Customer Service. I would hope that Family Dollar will take the time to recognize her for the wonderful job she is doing, it is the kind of service that continues to bring me back and to take time to write this review. Thanks. Andrea **, from Miami, Florida at ** or **.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Emoni greeted me after entering the store. Her help in finding items was much appreciated. Her kind smile, demeanor and making sure I could find everything, made for a fantastic experience. This is my convenience store of choice. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I visited store #07600 and I was "amazed" how well the store looked. I see it was remodeled and there was room in the aisle to shop for your items. Keep up the good work. Now I don't mind going into this store.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Yes I was in Family Dollar store Thursday the 22nd at 1:00 p.m. Or 1:30 p.m. Two older ** male was in family Dollar store shopping for their dogs and cats until this manager came up start telling them they stealing and she walked them out to the door calling them **. She said everybody know your type. All them two guys was doing trying to provide for the pets. Me and my wife is in family yesterday. We just think that is wrong the way people treat people because they differ. If we had the money we would bought them dogs and cats are there the food they need but that lady was wrong. They also asked for the manager name. She would not give it to them. She watched them walk to their home and call the cops on them. I just think it's wrong. Is there any justice at all. What kind of country are we living

Original review: June 16, 2022

Dollar General Stores Charge Tax on Milk, Water, All Foods... If you are paying with your money, you get charged the Tax!!! If you pay with an EBT Card the illegally charged taxes are removed... They won't steal from the state but from our wallets it is fine... ConsumerAffairs this needs to be fixed... The IRS needs to look into this TAX FRAUD...

Original review: June 3, 2022

Store #4976 in Waco, Texas, located at 624 W. Waco Drive, NEVER answers their phone. You can't ever ask them a question about a product before taking a chance on spending money just to get there. You have to either burn up your gas, or pay a Lyft or Uber just to go and find out if they have a particular product in stock. Then you will have to wait for another Lyft or Uber to come pick you back up, which will cost you even more money. If you're disabled and on a fixed income, it's even worse.

If you try to make a complaint to corporate, you will have to go through a long, drawn out process via a mail-in complaint. None of their numbers are ever answered either, only pre-recorded messages. Inconvenient is an understatement. Now how is that for their so-called "great customer service"? I can see why they're losing business and having to close down their stores. They don't know how to properly accommodate customers, and their overhead is failing to stay on top of problems in their stores.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I purchased a fan on June 2nd 2022, I got it home and put it together to find out the extension rod did not work and the fan only had one height on it. I took the fan apart (included all the original parts) to the store 3933. Only to be told that she couldn't refund the money due to the box being open. As I explained to her how am I supposed to know it's broken if I don't open the box. She refused to refund the purchase (I had the orignial receipt). Her reply was, "I can give you and exchange for the product" and if I didn't want another fan (why would I? I just purchased a broken one why would I want to purchase another one that could possibly be broken).

I proceeded to ask the clerk if she wanted me to put it back in the box and tape it back up. The clerk then proceeded to tell me if I didn't want another fan I could get other merchandise for the amount I paid for the fan. As I told her no, why would I buy anything else from here. When the product I purchased was defective and you wouldn't refund my money for that. Why would I buy another piece of merchandise that could possibly be defective. I don't want another another piece of merchandise just my refund.

When I asked her for the home office number she had no idea what I meant by home office. I explained to her that it was your corporate office and her reply was, "We don't have that information." I did retail management for 15 years. That is a bald-faced lie and something that your employees are told to tell customers. I don't frequent your stores and I won't go back again. This is very poor customer service and a horrid refund policy. I understand since you deal with people that struggle economically, however that doesn't give the company/organization the right to take advantage of them. That is appalling behavior for an organization that prides its self on helping the less fortunate, among being distrubing on so many levels.

Not a great way to run a business built on servicing people. I am quite upset about this experience and coming from a retail management background "word of mouth can do more damage than a bad review". I don't expect any resolution from this complaint, however, I do know that your customer service needs a lot to be desired.

Original review: May 31, 2022

One of Their cashier somehow managed to give me an prepaid American Express gift card that hadn't been activated and my hundred dollars was not put on it, District Manager said she looked at my other receipt because she rang my things up separately, I had receipt for other items but she didn't give me the one for my gift card. The district manager saw where a gift card was purchased, activated and even used the day I spoke to her but not by me not with the card she gave me. The management, and all should be looked at. No one cares. No one believes me, and for me to be telling the truth it really upsets me. I don't know how she did it but she did, I don't know how those type of scams work but she knows because she did it. I am getting a lawyer because I know I AM telling the truth. Family Dollar store has a thief and a liar working for them so be on your toes when you enter.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

The cashier in the store asked me at the check out counter to STOP POPPING MY GUM BECAUSE IT IRRITATES HER. I politely said no. I felt like I am a paying customer. I did not speak disrespectful to the cashier for her to speak to me like that and ask me to do something because it's irritating her.

Family Dollar Company Information