2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.30/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Family Dollar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I made a purchased at Family Dollar #11572 and was due change of $.78 (seventy-eight cents). The Cashier did not give me my change (coins), and did not explain why until I told her she did not give me my change back. The cashier stated, and I quote exact, "we do not give change back". What kind of craziness is this! This is pure robbery; the legal way I suppose.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I am a faithful customer to the Family Dollar store chains. There are a few in San Diego and I live close to the one on university. I have met some great employees and managers with outstanding customer service, however, there is a particular employee/manager by the name of Carol who time and time again I have seen her speak vulgarly and turns small incidents into outrageous scenes. I have seen her chase people out of the store and try to fight them in the street, I have seen her get physical with peoples property and I have seen her break under pressure. I understand there could be high stress levels working in low income communities. Yet, every customer should be treated with dignity and respect.

After yesterdays incident in which I had my child with me I am now going to advocate to have her removed from this store. I shop there almost everyday and whenever carol is working there is a thickness of a doomsday atmosphere in the store. I cannot tolerate someone who has no regards for other peoples children in a corporate store. My child should have not witnessed such a traumatic scene yesterday 9/18/2020 between 930-am and 945 am. She responded very disgusting to a family of 3 women and there are many other incidents she has handled completely unprofessional.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I just shopped at Family Dollar on Nova Road in Ormond Beach. I drive up, two customers walk in without a mask so I sit in my car to wait and see what happens. Nothing! We are in a hot spot, cases are out the window. I see the cashier standing on the side of the door smoking a cigarette, okay taking her break...but she says nothing to them. I literally have no other store to go to because my Dollar General is being renovated. Finally a couple more people walk up WITH face masks so I feel a little more comfortable. I get the few items I need and go to the checkout line. Now mind you there are signs ALL over the place saying face masks required and please social distance, even on the FRONT DOOR.

When I get to the cashier I see she's not wearing a mask. I have had Covid, still suffer from long term symptoms and I know how serious this is. So I ask her, (**) "Are the employees required to wear a mask?" She says "Nope and if anyone comes in without one I don't have to say anything to them"...What??? Then she says "I have a medical condition, so I can't wear one," WOW, and she was out smoking and looked in great shape. Now I have a medical condition, other than Covid, and I still wear a mask out of respect! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT A FAMILY DOLLAR AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

So this review is for the Family Dollar in Waukegan at Park City IL. I went to this store to pick up some hair care products for my son. I was planning on putting braids in his hair. So I asked the cashier what products would she recommend in order to braid 4c hair. She bluntly told me that she didn't have nappy hair and that her hair was quote "good hair". She told me that she was biracial and didn't have that problem. I didn't ask her for her opinion on 4c natural hair only if she could recommend anything for my son.She embarrassed me and made me feel worthless. I always go to this family dollar for hair care products and always had good service. This made me second guess going back. I wonder does family dollar support anti-**? Are the cashiers supposed to be this rude to ** paying customers and get away with it?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Family Dollar LPGA-No Mask Complaint. Two days ago on 7/21/2020, I stopped at the Family Dollar on LPGA in Holly Hill, FL. As I drove up, I saw a customer coming out with a cart and a mask on his face. So, I thought it would be safe to go in. I walk in the door and a cashier/staff greets me with no mask on her face. Two months ago, a month ago, I saw this no mask on Family Dollar staff before. Today, with almost 6,000 people dead in Florida, I thought there would be masks on staff.

The female Family Dollar staff said welcome to her store, I picked up a small hand basket and took two steps into store. I looked around and no one was in the store but me. I looked at the cash register area and there was just a clear piece of plastic between me and this probably virus infected Family Dollar worker. God told me to turn my ** around and get out of there. This I did quickly. Why am I writing this complaint? Family Dollar on LPGA had continued to have their staff with no masks, last month, month before, two weeks ago and now two days ago. So, I blasting Family Dollar for being as stupid as Trump and infecting people with their stupid denial of the disease and their non-caring attitude for others. Possible Family Dollar customers, you have been warned!!

Original review: July 19, 2020

Old Fort NC Family Dollar Store have employee and store issues. Constantly boxes upon boxes in aisle ways making difficult move about in the store. The manager is a very hateful mean person. Hard time wanting to shop due to your management choices. Especially during these times, should be able to handle job and DOES NOT! YELLS at customers.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Very poor customer service! Cashier not wearing mask, just like most of incoming customers!!! Stay away from that store, if you want to stay healthy and keep social distancing. People are stealing and nobody cares! Find another store, to spend your money!

Original review: June 14, 2020

They were announcing the store will be closing in three minutes. She got madder as I was trying to decide. Then she sighed. I could have handled it better and I did swear however she made a fist and punched her hand. Manager on duty stepped in ringed me out. I told both of them to have a good night. The employee at the door that let me out apologized for the other lady behavior. However I won't be going back. Elkhart Indiana on Franklin St.

Original review: June 9, 2020

The employees are not order thing to restock this store. The shelf are very empty and this is totally unfair to the customer live close by. 17511 imperial valley Houston. Family Dollar need to full this store.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My name is Elizabeth B. My husband and I are regular customers of Family Dollar. We have been going to your Family Dollar store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814 almost weekly since the Pandemic started, Wednesday 6/3 at approximately 5:00 my husband and I went to Family Dollar at the Chepachet RI location. When we pulled up I think all the employees were hanging out at the front of store smoking. There was one young man working in the store, the cashier. (Every time we have been to this Family Dollar store there are a few employees hanging around outside in front of the store smoking and eating.)

Sitting in the aisle was the cart with all the boxes where 2 boxes of disinfectant cleaning products were right on top. The Clorox wipes were in a open plastic open bag. We got one each and right under them was a box small box of microban 24. We opened and got one each of the spray. We know the policy is one per person and we were following the rules of the store. I needed a few others items which I was shopping for when the employees came back in from the cigarette break and one of them started screaming loudly so you could hear her Thru the whole store. Someone had been in her boxes. She then continues screaming to another employee. She doesn’t care who it is she is going to find them and throw them out of the store.

My husband and I got scared immediately as we didn’t want these employees screaming at us or throwing us out of the store so went and paid for our products and left immediately. We are scared to go back in the store because of the employees. As you know it’s been difficult to find paper products and cleaning products. We would like to know what you can do about this problem so we can feel safe shopping at the Family Dollar Store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814.

Family Dollar Company Information