3.6/5 (142 ratings)

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I am from Miami and had just flown in to Tallahassee to visit my Mom. I needed a few items and decided to go to the Family dollar across from my mom's house. When I went there, I was greeted immediately by Alisha **. She was so nice and so very courteous in assisting me with what I was looking for. So very respectful. I wish I had her in the store in Miami near me. I want to take this time to thank her for her Awesome Customer Service. I would hope that Family Dollar will take the time to recognize her for the wonderful job she is doing, it is the kind of service that continues to bring me back and to take time to write this review. Thanks. Andrea **, from Miami, Florida at ** or **.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

The cashier in the store asked me at the check out counter to STOP POPPING MY GUM BECAUSE IT IRRITATES HER. I politely said no. I felt like I am a paying customer. I did not speak disrespectful to the cashier for her to speak to me like that and ask me to do something because it's irritating her.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Emoni greeted me after entering the store. Her help in finding items was much appreciated. Her kind smile, demeanor and making sure I could find everything, made for a fantastic experience. This is my convenience store of choice. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I visited store #07600 and I was "amazed" how well the store looked. I see it was remodeled and there was room in the aisle to shop for your items. Keep up the good work. Now I don't mind going into this store.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

So I bought 2 space heaters that work perfectly fine. I did not need them anymore and I just got them 2 days ago. I was told no store credit and you can't return them. Wtf!!?? So I waste 40 dollars for nothing. Can't even get store credit.. Will never be back there ever ever again in Ashtabula Ohio.... The one by Save A Lot **!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I asked employee why I could not return an unopened package of razors and was told it was store policy. Very strange. Let her know I would be calling into corporate customer service and was told to "Do whatever the ** I needed to". That's Albuquerque for you. Also how come EVERY Family Dollar that you go into here is always trashed and has boxes blocking all of the aisles all the time? Horrible Horrible Horrible. But you get what you pay for...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Placed $40 on prepaid card. The money went somewhere else and I took the receipt in and it's been a week and can get no response or refund from this company. The manager tried to help me but it has stalled also. Called the company. All I get is the runaround. Still no response. I can't get my money and they don't even deserve one star.

Original review: July 18, 2021

When I go to the Family Dollar in on 105 superior they never have their freezer stocked or their shelf stock and what the and the workers are lazy and the be smoke in front of the doors when you go in at

Original review: May 4, 2021

At 8:45pm my son and I arrived at Family Dollar in Zanesville Ohio store # 2933. So after fishing all day and needing a few items we stopped to grab them before the store closed. My son lost his phone in the car so we were looking for it for like 9 minutes or so before we headed inside. Started to walk in at 8:54 pm, and as soon as we got inside the doors a man says "you got 2 minutes" without even greeting us. Well I said it isn't 9:00pm yet, and he said "I don't care. We lock the door at 8:57pm" and I said, "Ok that's fine. We won't be long." So my son and I went to the medication aisle and found what we needed. So we head back towards the register and I said to the man, "See. I told you we wouldnt be long," by this time it's 8:56pm.

I asked him if he would tell me his name because I didn't like how he was talking to me and I wanted to escalate the situation to management. He then tells me "no I'm not telling my name" and I said why, and he said "because I don't like you" while pointing in my direction. Very hostile and angry with me for no reason. So I asked him, "Are you racist?" Because my son and I are colored people and it felt like he was being racist towards me. I said, "Well I'd like to your name so that I can speak to your manager please." He proceeds to keep telling me no, while his badge is not on him anywhere. As we head to the door he is following my son and I aggressively and I noticed another employee there, a female. And I said to said her, "What is his deal, can you tell me his name please?" And she said, "Well he is right. We are required to lock the door at 8:57pm," and I said I understand but it's not 9:00pm yet and I'm already done.

As I am asking her nicely for the manager's information she tells me his name is ** and he'll be in tomorrow at 8am, and I said what good is that going to do me if I don't know his name? She says, "His name is Andy, alright," and I said ok. I unlocked the door myself because she had locked it at 8:57pm. I grabbed my receipt and the time on it said 8:57 and 46 seconds exactly. I was out of there before they closed. As I'm walking out this man screams at me and says "get out of our store"??? Is that acceptable behavior from someone in a customer service role? I understand it was close to closing time and that's why we ran in and out quickly. I am beyond upset and dissatisfied with Family Dollar.

It is impossible to speak to a live person to voice my complaint. The manager at 8:00am tells me there is nothing that can be done but to write him up and retrain him. That is not going to work for me. He needs to be fired from Family Dollar and he does not need to work in customer service anymore. There is nothing that this store can do to right this wrong. I have already contacted an attorney and this will be a civil lawsuit.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I was having a problem with downloading the FD App to receive the $5.00 off coupon and the associates were very patient and kind and took the time to ensure that I was able to benefit from the coupon. I very much appreciated their willingness to help. Great job to 45th Parallel group.

Family Dollar Company Information