1.16/5

497 Family Dollar Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I purchased 2 boxes of Homeline Facial Tissues for my nieces' school supplies along with pencils, erasers, etc. When I got in my car, I checked my receipt and saw that I was charged $1.50 for each box of facial tissues making them a total of $3.00. I went back into the store to inquire about the prices, because the shelf price label indicated $1.00. I asked the cashier if she would go check the shelf to verify the price. She said she was too busy helping a customer who told her to go ahead and help me. She asked another male employee who was sitting at the front of the store on his cell phone doing nothing. He told her, "What's the problem?" "If the cashier had rung up the price, why did he have to go check it out?" He made the attempt to check the price labeled on the shelf, which was $1.00.

I said I would like to talk to the manager, and the cashier said she was the manager, but as I continued to question the price, she said she was the asst. manager, and the manager was not in. I asked her why then is she letting the male employee talk to her so insubordinately and rude, if she was the asst. manager. She did not answer, I told her I have lived nearby for 69 years and never had an encounter like this. She said, "Well I don't live in the area." The rude and nonprofessional male employee told me I either want it or not, take it or leave it. I kept the facial tissues because I was delivering the school supplies so that my nieces would be ready for school. I am a retired educator. I told them I would never return to this store, but would make a complaint to Family Dollar for their rudeness, laziness, and non-professionalism. The male employee should definitely be fired, and the asst. manager needs customer service development and training.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am a struggling single mother, I purchased 6.00 Dove body wash and it somehow didn't end up in my bag! Check my bag and no receipt. I call the store and no assistance offered. I know I bought the soap because we have been needing the soap all week. Get home thinking we will get cleaned up and nothing!!! I know it's common for employees to keep items, it's happened to me before! I think it's really sad. While everyone else steals I actually spend my hard earned money and have to worry about the employees stealing from me.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I went in your Family Dollar located on Moon Lake Rd today at 5:15 PM to purchase dog food, dish soap... etc. Get home and the bag with dish soap was everywhere. Within 10 minutes I'm back at the store explaining to your manager and she very rudely tells me "I'll replace it this time" along with other rude comments. Like I purposely dumped out dish soap that is now all over my car seat. I'm 50 yrs old and never have I had a store employee be so disrespectful. I spend roughly $150 every 2 weeks for 7 yrs in your store. You're located only minutes from my home. I've seen her in the past mock customers and just not being a nice person. I'll be shopping at Dollar General from now.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I’m trying to get refund. Bought products 3 days ago. Your website says 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. The store manager refuses to give me refund. It’s well within 30 days. Can you have someone contact me please? I called to report and when guy clicked over to call store he hung up and never called me back. Lady tried saying handle was faded but I let her know all the others in store are like that. She said she doesn’t have anymore but as I was going to get one she said whether they are faded or not she’s not giving a refund. This is bad business. She said handles were faded and as I headed back to show her the rest were she said I’m still not giving you a refund.

Original review: July 13, 2019

My name is Nolan **. The worst experience. 30 minutes ago at the address 2600 Jefferson Street Nashville Tennessee, the manager gabagool got in with the conversation that the myself and another customer. What happened yes it was rude, I was attacked verbally inside the store and again verbally outside the store by two other customers and the manager attacked me verbally as well. Even the cashier ended up getting very rude to me. I should not have to go to another Family Dollar when I live down the street from the store. They had things unwrapped I ask questions about the items. Understanding the store has been closed off and on for a month so the right thing for me to do is ask questions.

However I was talk to very bad like I was supposed to ask any questions and just pay for it or know the price which I did not know the price. Again the manager should be fired if not reading up. She also verbally irate with me as well and so did the cashier, just happen again 30 minutes ago. My name is **. I will be calling the Better Business Bureau because I'm a senior citizen, handicap and I didn't deserve that. And how many other people are they treating that way when the cashier was setting up a date with this guy as I went up there to pay for my things and I had to wait while she's flirting with this guy about what time she gets off of work. Despicable, disgusting. Fire them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I sent my husband to Family Dollar to buy a fan. When we opened the fan it was a different brand in the box other than the one that was bought. My husband tried returning the fan to get an exchange for the correct product and was told he probably switched out the fan. We waited until a manager arrived to return the fan for a refund because at this point I was upset about him being stereotyped and wanted to spend my money elsewhere, only to be told that nothing can be done. I am a loyal customer that has shopped here since a kid and this has not been the first incident of something like this and usually I would have no problem with a manager about something being wrong but to get told that upset me and I will never shop at Family Dollar again.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This was absolutely the worst. It looked as if an actual tornado had ransack the inter store. You literally could not walk in any of the aisles because of merchandise and empty boxes. Employees were so rude. They had no idea where anything was and the manager was rude as hell. Will never go to that store again. Store number 12075 address 96 Auburn Ave Pontiac Michigan. AVOID THIS STORE.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I live on the same block as the Family Dollar store location at 861 Park Avenue. Garbage in front of the store, on Park ave, and behind the store, on Ellery street, is in evidence every day, in large volumes. The waste includes carts from the store, industrial saran wrap, boxes, litter, bags of garbage from the store and food waste. There is so much that often the entire sidewalk is blocked. This continuing problem has contributed significantly to an infestation of rats on the block.

In addition, there is an extremely high volume recording about “shopping at Family Dollar” that blares in the afternoon, daytime and, most alarmingly, at 3 AM when most people are trying to sleep. After all this, it is no surprise that the store is smelly, messy, poorly stocked and disorganized inside, with boxes all over the floor. The store is chronically understaffed so that those waiting in line often wait for over 15 minutes or more to pay.

The garbage situation alone is a glaring problem. As a business that makes its money from the people that live near the store, keeping the store areas clean seems like a minimum. I have also made a report about the store to the NYC sanitation department, and the Better Business bureau. I hope Family Dollar can be a better neighbor in our community, as soon as possible.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Family Dollar have 30 day return on all products. When it come to electronic devices it coming from corporate and mangers for employees to tell customers they can't get they money back or exchange their 3rd party's electronics that they can't grauntee any customers that the electronics even work or so what they say do for example I brought a wireless phone charger. They won't give my money back or let me exchange for something else that works. Only let you exchange for the same product. The product don't work. It don't charge my phone at all wireless. It have to be plug up as you do you own charger to charge your phone.

I brought it cause it suppose to be a wireless phone charger. They rob me. I'm stuck with a product that don't work or do what it say it do. SMH. Go figure. The lady never told me when you buy this you can't get your money back so she lie and said she did to save her job. This is insane. I felt so sorry for her. The look in her eyes told me she had to tell a lie to keep her job. She had just started there. They should have big signs all over tell customers they can't get their money back for electronics. This is robbery to all customers but mind you they have a 30 day return on all products. Don't buy any electronics from Family Dollar and report them to B.B.B.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I come here all the time. I give them all my spare change for no reason just because I am that type of person, but as of today I’m done with Family Dollar especially this location. They will no longer get my business. I purchased hair conditioner along with other items (again paying for my items and donating my spare change). I get home. (I live next door) As soon as I open it to use on my child it was watery and looked used. It just didn’t look like what I was use to. Come to find out it’s SHAMPOO! It was in the wrong spot and looks identical to the conditioner, I immediately brought it back this was all within 5 minutes. The girl knew I just left and refused to accept it! Stating it doesn’t look that full. Hell it didn’t look full. When I got home it already looked like it had been spilled or tampered with,

Horrible customer service. She offered no help whatsoever. Her name is Jamair or something like that. She’s an assistant manager at the new location on 50th street. I spend so much money with them. It’s sad! Now guess what. Due to her not exchanging it for the same brand different product same price, I’m going home to get all the other items to return so now you just lost 20$ over $3.65. I’m going to Walmart.

Family Dollar Company Information