2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (359 ratings)

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Family Dollar?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I just shopped at Family Dollar on Nova Road in Ormond Beach. I drive up, two customers walk in without a mask so I sit in my car to wait and see what happens. Nothing! We are in a hot spot, cases are out the window. I see the cashier standing on the side of the door smoking a cigarette, okay taking her break...but she says nothing to them. I literally have no other store to go to because my Dollar General is being renovated. Finally a couple more people walk up WITH face masks so I feel a little more comfortable. I get the few items I need and go to the checkout line. Now mind you there are signs ALL over the place saying face masks required and please social distance, even on the FRONT DOOR.

When I get to the cashier I see she's not wearing a mask. I have had Covid, still suffer from long term symptoms and I know how serious this is. So I ask her, (**) "Are the employees required to wear a mask?" She says "Nope and if anyone comes in without one I don't have to say anything to them"...What??? Then she says "I have a medical condition, so I can't wear one," WOW, and she was out smoking and looked in great shape. Now I have a medical condition, other than Covid, and I still wear a mask out of respect! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT A FAMILY DOLLAR AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

So this review is for the Family Dollar in Waukegan at Park City IL. I went to this store to pick up some hair care products for my son. I was planning on putting braids in his hair. So I asked the cashier what products would she recommend in order to braid 4c hair. She bluntly told me that she didn't have nappy hair and that her hair was quote "good hair". She told me that she was biracial and didn't have that problem. I didn't ask her for her opinion on 4c natural hair only if she could recommend anything for my son.She embarrassed me and made me feel worthless. I always go to this family dollar for hair care products and always had good service. This made me second guess going back. I wonder does family dollar support anti-**? Are the cashiers supposed to be this rude to ** paying customers and get away with it?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Family Dollar LPGA-No Mask Complaint. Two days ago on 7/21/2020, I stopped at the Family Dollar on LPGA in Holly Hill, FL. As I drove up, I saw a customer coming out with a cart and a mask on his face. So, I thought it would be safe to go in. I walk in the door and a cashier/staff greets me with no mask on her face. Two months ago, a month ago, I saw this no mask on Family Dollar staff before. Today, with almost 6,000 people dead in Florida, I thought there would be masks on staff.

The female Family Dollar staff said welcome to her store, I picked up a small hand basket and took two steps into store. I looked around and no one was in the store but me. I looked at the cash register area and there was just a clear piece of plastic between me and this probably virus infected Family Dollar worker. God told me to turn my ** around and get out of there. This I did quickly. Why am I writing this complaint? Family Dollar on LPGA had continued to have their staff with no masks, last month, month before, two weeks ago and now two days ago. So, I blasting Family Dollar for being as stupid as Trump and infecting people with their stupid denial of the disease and their non-caring attitude for others. Possible Family Dollar customers, you have been warned!!

Original review: July 19, 2020

Old Fort NC Family Dollar Store have employee and store issues. Constantly boxes upon boxes in aisle ways making difficult move about in the store. The manager is a very hateful mean person. Hard time wanting to shop due to your management choices. Especially during these times, should be able to handle job and DOES NOT! YELLS at customers.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Very poor customer service! Cashier not wearing mask, just like most of incoming customers!!! Stay away from that store, if you want to stay healthy and keep social distancing. People are stealing and nobody cares! Find another store, to spend your money!

Original review: June 14, 2020

They were announcing the store will be closing in three minutes. She got madder as I was trying to decide. Then she sighed. I could have handled it better and I did swear however she made a fist and punched her hand. Manager on duty stepped in ringed me out. I told both of them to have a good night. The employee at the door that let me out apologized for the other lady behavior. However I won't be going back. Elkhart Indiana on Franklin St.

Original review: June 9, 2020

The employees are not order thing to restock this store. The shelf are very empty and this is totally unfair to the customer live close by. 17511 imperial valley Houston. Family Dollar need to full this store.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My name is Elizabeth B. My husband and I are regular customers of Family Dollar. We have been going to your Family Dollar store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814 almost weekly since the Pandemic started, Wednesday 6/3 at approximately 5:00 my husband and I went to Family Dollar at the Chepachet RI location. When we pulled up I think all the employees were hanging out at the front of store smoking. There was one young man working in the store, the cashier. (Every time we have been to this Family Dollar store there are a few employees hanging around outside in front of the store smoking and eating.)

Sitting in the aisle was the cart with all the boxes where 2 boxes of disinfectant cleaning products were right on top. The Clorox wipes were in a open plastic open bag. We got one each and right under them was a box small box of microban 24. We opened and got one each of the spray. We know the policy is one per person and we were following the rules of the store. I needed a few others items which I was shopping for when the employees came back in from the cigarette break and one of them started screaming loudly so you could hear her Thru the whole store. Someone had been in her boxes. She then continues screaming to another employee. She doesn’t care who it is she is going to find them and throw them out of the store.

My husband and I got scared immediately as we didn’t want these employees screaming at us or throwing us out of the store so went and paid for our products and left immediately. We are scared to go back in the store because of the employees. As you know it’s been difficult to find paper products and cleaning products. We would like to know what you can do about this problem so we can feel safe shopping at the Family Dollar Store at 1155 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI. 02814.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have been going to the local Family Dollar for years. I went to purchase several things and when I went home I had two of one thing and did not need two. I went back to return the item and was told that they do not accept returns or exchanges. That was news to me because I have made returns in the past. There was no signs on the door telling consumers that there would be no returns or exchanges. Was not told at the time of purchase that returns were not accepted. Was not on my receipt that I could not make returns. Beware of Family Dollar. You cannot return or exchange there.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

I've last visiting Family Dollar three times in the past two months since I made a review. It seems they have changed staff which is more friendly. More products on the Shelf and a store is really clean. What impressed me the most is one day I was short $3 for my purchase and the cashier paid for the balance which was $3. I'm sorry I did not get her name. This store has greatly improved. I give the store 4 out of 5 stars.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Iv visited the Family Dollar on Forest Hill Blv and Congress in West Palm Beach. In entering the store the door beeped. Cashier was not busy and paid no attention. Leaving the store it beeped again. Cashier was ringing up a customer and hollered at me why is my door beeping? Left the counter and demanded I open my bag. She was rude and embarrassed me. I showed her my Publix bag with items. Also offered to show receipt. If she had paid attention she would have noticed the door beeped when I entered the store. The customer and her looked at me like I was a thief. She was rude and didn't even apologize!! I just moved to the neighborhood and was so happy Family Dollar was only a block away. So where is the nearest Dollar General?

Family Dollar Company Information