Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.62/5
Based on 1,050 ratings

Unsubscribe at any time.

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Anyone reading this, if you are filling any pain killers in Beaverton OR make sure to COUNT THEM! This is the 4th time I’ve picked up my grandpa’s rx & it’s been short every time from 10-20 pills!!! It’s beyond frustrating & a complete waste of time. I’m strongly urging my grandfather (who’s currently immobile) to use another pharmacy because this is ridiculous. And if someone can tell me how to report this I’d really appreciate it. My email is **. Good luck & god speed!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I do not know the experience of others but my experience of Costco Pharmacy, Laird Road Mississauga is terrible. Looks like they are doing us a favour doing their paid jobs. One it is difficult to get a person in the pharmacy answer the call. Minimum hold time is 5 to 10 minutes. Second the person who answers the phone will keep you hanging in there for answers and by that time some other employee will come on the line, asking for whom you are holding. Third they never seem to have all the items on the prescription sent by fax by my doctor.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 16, 2020

I dread having to get my prescriptions filled now that I am utilizing Costco pharmacy services. I appreciate the lower prices but the sacrifice it requires is almost to great. There is no way to avoid the 30-40 minute wait, after actually getting into the store to pick up a refill as calling in an order requires 2 days to be filled. Ridiculous! Picking up a prescription should not have to be a major event that one needs to schedule a half a day to get done. Pathetic service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

For the second time in as many months I have brought my prescriptions to be filled at which time I said I would like to wait for it, suggested wait time was 25 minutes so I walked around the store, came back after 30-35 minutes. Still NOT ready so I waited there another 20 or so minutes. Yesterday afternoon I dropped a new script and was told 35 minutes wait at which time I said I would be back in the morning. SO, today I went to pick it up - NOT EVEN STARTED, so I waited for 30 minutes. ENOUGH!!!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I got a cream for a rash and they gave me 3 when I asked for one. Then I asked to give me one instead and I waited 30 minutes to eventually cancel it because there was no one in line. The guy kept saying 2 mins for the system to verify but when someone new came up they helped them first?? We asked what’s taking so long and he said, "As soon as the lady is done with that lady she’ll do yours." Like the lady came 10 mins before us. Why are you not helping us first? Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Ordered a refill and it had to be ordered. Waited until Monday and instead of running it through my insurance they wanted to charge me 123.00. Because they had to redo it I had to wait over 30 minutes because of their mistake.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I recently had my doctor place prescription orders with my local Costco in Westlake Village, California. I called the pharmacy a couple days after my doctor called in the order. They had NO RECORD OF THE ORDER! I called my doctor and she wasn't terribly surprised. She said Costco "LOSES" Rx orders regularly. She believes their pharmacies are too small and understaffed. To me, that's a DAMN DANGEROUS SITUATION for people needing medications!!! I LOVE COSTCO PRICES... But I gotta find someplace else to fill my scripts!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I got an automatic renewal in my e-mail. I activated it and it should have been filled last week. I checked my prescription this morning and am almost out. Turns out it should have been refilled a week ago. And of course they are closed on Sunday. I will probably change to a more convenient store that is open 24/7 or at least every day. This is vastly inconvenient to say the least.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Went to get my Rx refilled after a particularly difficult and terrible dental experience. Was told after I submitted my script that "they are busy and it's going to take 20 minutes or so..." I told them that I was already in severe pain and to please expedite it as much as possible. 20 minutes later with my jaw barely able to move and not being able to swallow. (This part obviously was not Costco's fault.) I go to get my Rx and am told, "Gee we are so slammed and it's going to be another 20 minutes ..." I replied "Are you Serious? Can you not tell I am in agony here? Why can't we expedite this for people who are obviously hurting?" My reply was, "Yeah now that would be nice huh?"

Now 25 minutes later I go to get my Rx and they forgot one of the prescriptions... I was livid and about to scream at them but of course can't even open my jaw. They scurry off and force one of the incompetents in the back to hurry it up. And about an hour later, I had my Rx. Again, I am in agony and now had to wait for an hour to get my prescription. And now have to wait for another to hopefully have the pain lessen a bit. Management's best reply was "Oh yeah. I'll talk to the Pharmacy manager..." Which meant Nothing. I won't use Costco Pharmacy again. This was the last straw for me.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I went to the pharmacy to fill a prescription. I went to the drop off to turn it in, after asking if they had the right brand, as my doctor filled my script early because the pharmacy I went to their brand was taking 2 hours to dissolve. I double checked and they had the brand my doctor recommended I get. They said it would be ready in a half hour. So half hour I checked. It was not ready so they said they would let me know when it was ready. Another half hour goes by I check again. Still not ready. I sat back down then all the sudden the cashiers started saying, "I'm not going to tell her, you tell her." Mind you they were loud enough for the other people waiting for their meds to hear.

Finally one comes over to me and says in a rude and snooty tone, "You are trying to fill this way too early." So I told them to call my doctor, and the reason for the early fill. I understand that they were doing their job but it doesn't take an hour to tell me this. Not to mention I was so embarrassed, because this was done right in front of several customers. The cashier took it back so the pharmacist could call my doctor 20 minutes later who by the way was very nice to me, came and told me that it would be another 20 minutes for it to be filled. The rest of the wait the cashiers gave me dirty looks and made me so upset I was crying when I got to my car.

The cashiers need to be taught some customer service, and training in the medication. I refuse to use the pharmacy at Costco ever again. I pay to be a member and I will not pay to be treated that horrible. Again the lady that checked in my med and the pharmacist were very nice. It was the 3 ladies at the cashier counter is why I will not return. I will not renew my card when due.

Costco Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Costco operates over 700 locations worldwide with many of those stores having pharmacies on site. Costco also provides online pharmacy services such as prescription refills, home delivery, fulfilling new prescription orders and fulfilling pet prescriptions. Consumers do not need to be a member of Costco’s membership program to participate in their online pharmacy services.

• Prescription refill: Customers can refill their prescriptions online by entering in a few pieces of information found on their prescription label such as the warehouse and prescription numbers along with their name, phone number and email address. Customers can refill up to six prescriptions at one time.

• Home delivery: Customers who are unable to pick up their prescriptions at a Costco location can choose to have them delivered. Costco is licensed to dispense controlled substances in all appropriate states. Standard shipping is free and takes 6-14 days, three-day shipping is $10.95 and two-shipping is $13.95.

• Drug directory: Costco’s drug directory provides the pricing (before insurance) and information for all available drugs, including generic alternative information for each drug. Drug information tells consumers what the drug is and how to use that medication properly.

• Pet medication: Costco pharmacies dispense over 150 commonly used medications for dogs and cats at lower prices that rival online pet medication suppliers. With a prescription from a veterinarian, customers can fill or refill their pet’s medications. Costco has a full list of pet medication pricing online.

• Costco Membership Prescription Program: Costco offers the CMPP to its members as an additional benefit that allows them to receive lower prices on all medications. The CMPP is offered at no additional charge to Costco members and customers can apply the discounts to any medication not covered by their insurance.

• Accreditation: Costco doesn’t list its licensing and accreditation online. Consumers can call and verify both by using a toll-free number.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team