4.0/5 (384 ratings)

About Costco Pharmacy

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I used to go to a different pharmacy to pick up my medicines. One day I decided to give Costco Pharmacy a try and their customer service is friendly. I also have a Good RX card and they accepted it for an additional discount.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Costco Pharmacy is worst for customer service. It's taken 6 phone calls to get a refill and still not done. First they denied they received the script from doctor. Then doctor didn't have all info on the request. Instead of giving me all the information so I could relay to doctor I got a bit of info in one call then another bit of information. 6 calls and still not resolved. Pharmacists are important people but they shouldn't be rude and should provide complete information rather than require CUSTOMER to make additional calls to resolve problem. I guess Costco doesn't require good customer service from them.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2021

While Costco Pharmacy offers very low prices for medication it definitely isn't worth the hoops you have to jump through to get a refill. Costco completely messed up one of my prescriptions 3 times and the pharmacist I interacted with in person was one of the most condescending and rude individuals I've ever met. It shouldn't be this hard to get refills of important medications.

All of my prescriptions have been written for a 3 month supply, when I switched from using the in person pharmacy to Costco's online pharmacy they only sent me a one month supply of my medications. This was really inconvenient for me but I figured it would be fine if I just set up auto-refill/auto-delivery. I signed up for auto-refill just fine and double checked that it was turned on in my account. Later in the month I realized that I was running low on my medication but my refill still hadn't been delivered yet so I logged into my account only to find that auto-shipping had somehow been deactivated and my prescription hadn't been refilled. I immediately requested a refill but knew it wouldn't get here in time before I ran out.

The next day I called my local Costco and asked if I could get a 5 day supply of my medication to hold me over until my actual refill arrived, the pharmacist was very kind and said that they would be able to do that and I could come in and pick it up the next day. The next day I rushed over to the pharmacy after work and was met by one of the rudest people I've ever encountered. When I explained that I was there to pick up a prescription she said that there was no prescription ready for me. I reiterated that I had talked to a pharmacist on the phone the day before and she said that my prescription would be ready the next day. The pharmacist was very condescending and said that the doctor has to sent them a script before they can just fill it, which I understand, but in the past whenever a pharmacy has had an issue with one of my scripts they have called my Dr's office and taken care of the issue for me.

When the person I spoke with on the phone said that I could come pick up my script the next day I figured that they would've called my Dr to have a script for a 5 day supply sent over. If they would've told me over the phone that I needed to call my Dr first, I would've been happy to do so even though I'm pretty sure that's their job. I ended up leaving without my important medications and now my health is at risk because of their mistakes. Risking your health is not worth the lower prescription costs, I highly recommend going elsewhere for your prescriptions.

Original review: April 6, 2021

My doctor executes a prescription to them and received confirmation. It went through successfully. After 10 days it was never posted under my account. I called their customer service and was told they had no record of it. I had me doctor then fax it to the number their customer service gave me. He then faxed it and got a confirmation the fax was successfully sent and received. They still say they have no record of it. Thank goodness it was not life threatening or critical for me to have immediately. I am done with them. If you really need your medicine — go somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

They work with your needs for obtaining a refill, processing a prescription quickly if needed, reminders, accept GoodRX discounts, and will tell you where your drugs are manufactured.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been well pleased with the Costco online pharmacy, especially during this cold 19 crisis. They are easy to use and prompt about reminding you when your prescriptions are due.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Unlike CVS, Costco actually has reasonable work hours and enough staff, so medication errors are much less likely. All CVS cares about is money, and they overwork their staff.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Lowest price without insurance.This years' flu shot (** Quadrivalent -0.5 dosage). Costco will not require a card for Pharmacy usage. Forty dollars Walgreens' and CVS $29.99 but Costco only $19.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I appreciate the experience of interaction quality control you get with a Costco Rx pick up. Cleaner, more streamlined and staff tend to be more up to the task.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Excellent Service always at all Costco Pharmacy locations. Always have medication in stock. Superb knowledgeable pharmacists & excellent pharmacy technicians.

Costco Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Costco operates over 700 locations worldwide with many of those stores having pharmacies on site. Costco also provides online pharmacy services such as prescription refills, home delivery, fulfilling new prescription orders and fulfilling pet prescriptions. Consumers do not need to be a member of Costco’s membership program to participate in their online pharmacy services.

• Prescription refill: Customers can refill their prescriptions online by entering in a few pieces of information found on their prescription label such as the warehouse and prescription numbers along with their name, phone number and email address. Customers can refill up to six prescriptions at one time.

• Home delivery: Customers who are unable to pick up their prescriptions at a Costco location can choose to have them delivered. Costco is licensed to dispense controlled substances in all appropriate states. Standard shipping is free and takes 6-14 days, three-day shipping is $10.95 and two-shipping is $13.95.

• Drug directory: Costco’s drug directory provides the pricing (before insurance) and information for all available drugs, including generic alternative information for each drug. Drug information tells consumers what the drug is and how to use that medication properly.

• Pet medication: Costco pharmacies dispense over 150 commonly used medications for dogs and cats at lower prices that rival online pet medication suppliers. With a prescription from a veterinarian, customers can fill or refill their pet’s medications. Costco has a full list of pet medication pricing online.

• Costco Membership Prescription Program: Costco offers the CMPP to its members as an additional benefit that allows them to receive lower prices on all medications. The CMPP is offered at no additional charge to Costco members and customers can apply the discounts to any medication not covered by their insurance.

• Accreditation: Costco doesn’t list its licensing and accreditation online. Consumers can call and verify both by using a toll-free number.

Costco Pharmacy Company Information