Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I get my prescriptions from Costco. I find the cost to be lower than anywhere else and I'm also able to get my animal prescriptions for a much lower price than I could even get from my veterinarian.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Costco Pharmacy always sends me a reminder when I need refills, they are mailed to my home. If I need to call them & speak to a Pharmacist they are always polite & professional.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Because Costco's membership weeds out a lot of people, there are really sorry wait times which is convenient while I do a major shop. It's nice to be able to pick up groceries and my prescription.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Friendly service, always willing to help. Take Medicare RX plans and also Good RX, so we get best price of the two plans. Also, doesn't pressure customer to take prescriptions unless you contact them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Their prices are the best. Non-members can get Rx filled for slightly higher price than for members, but still better than other pharmacies. They sometimes have to order my meds so it takes 2 days.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

They work with your needs for obtaining a refill, processing a prescription quickly if needed, reminders, accept GoodRX discounts, and will tell you where your drugs are manufactured.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been well pleased with the Costco online pharmacy, especially during this cold 19 crisis. They are easy to use and prompt about reminding you when your prescriptions are due.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Unlike CVS, Costco actually has reasonable work hours and enough staff, so medication errors are much less likely. All CVS cares about is money, and they overwork their staff.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Lowest price without insurance.This years' flu shot (** Quadrivalent -0.5 dosage). Costco will not require a card for Pharmacy usage. Forty dollars Walgreens' and CVS $29.99 but Costco only $19.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I appreciate the experience of interaction quality control you get with a Costco Rx pick up. Cleaner, more streamlined and staff tend to be more up to the task.

Costco Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Costco operates over 700 locations worldwide with many of those stores having pharmacies on site. Costco also provides online pharmacy services such as prescription refills, home delivery, fulfilling new prescription orders and fulfilling pet prescriptions. Consumers do not need to be a member of Costco’s membership program to participate in their online pharmacy services.

• Prescription refill: Customers can refill their prescriptions online by entering in a few pieces of information found on their prescription label such as the warehouse and prescription numbers along with their name, phone number and email address. Customers can refill up to six prescriptions at one time.

• Home delivery: Customers who are unable to pick up their prescriptions at a Costco location can choose to have them delivered. Costco is licensed to dispense controlled substances in all appropriate states. Standard shipping is free and takes 6-14 days, three-day shipping is $10.95 and two-shipping is $13.95.

• Drug directory: Costco’s drug directory provides the pricing (before insurance) and information for all available drugs, including generic alternative information for each drug. Drug information tells consumers what the drug is and how to use that medication properly.

• Pet medication: Costco pharmacies dispense over 150 commonly used medications for dogs and cats at lower prices that rival online pet medication suppliers. With a prescription from a veterinarian, customers can fill or refill their pet’s medications. Costco has a full list of pet medication pricing online.

• Costco Membership Prescription Program: Costco offers the CMPP to its members as an additional benefit that allows them to receive lower prices on all medications. The CMPP is offered at no additional charge to Costco members and customers can apply the discounts to any medication not covered by their insurance.

• Accreditation: Costco doesn’t list its licensing and accreditation online. Consumers can call and verify both by using a toll-free number.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team