Costco Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Costco's dramatic drop in customer service (2017) -- As a lifelong Costco shopper I have always enjoyed shopping at Costco. It would be nice if I could just end this review at that. Unfortunately, this is a real review with real customer feedback. My experiences with Costco have progressively gotten worse over the last year or so, finally coming to a point today 2/2/2017. As we all know Costco is a nightmare on the weekends. So to help avoid this quagmire and not add to the chaos, we now go to Costco on a weekday during the middle of the day. Because of this new Costco shopping day (weekday) I can no longer go to Costco because I work during the week. For the third (3) time now my wife has been aggressively confronted, argued with, and threatened to take away the card. They went as far as blocking her from using my account and sent her away in tears. All because it is my name on the card. There was no consideration given to the fact that she is my wife and we live at the same address.

What they want me to do is buy ANOTHER Costco membership!!! They want me to buy 2 memberships for one household!! This make NO! sense, I'm not trying to give my card to a stranger or a neighbor, or even extended family!! This is my wife and why would I BUY another membership!!! I called Jenny in Memberships at the Salt Lake City, UT store and this was my response. I asked for an exception to be made and they allow my wife to do our grocery shopping and this was the response that I get! My mother goes to Sam's Club and she uses my father's card. At most they mention to her, "Next time could you have your husband come with you?" WOW Costco this your customer service!! I STRONGLY suggest anyone in the market for a big box store membership to get a Sam's Club membership if for no other reason than what I mentioned above.

This review is not about the service given at the pharmacy counter, but at the service given at the entrance, where you do returns or you create your Costco member card. Every time I went there (2 times so far), the service was terrible. First they try to make you renew the Executive member card and they don't take no for an answer. And once you try to make them understand nicely that you'd rather take the regular membership card since you already tried the Executive one (wasn't really beneficial), they make faces as if you were mean or a jackass. The guy at the counter seemed pissed and he was quite rude, so was the "manager" at that counter. I hate going to that Costco because of how disrespectful they were. Hopefully, the management system will consider this message and send words to their employees (Costco in Laval, Quebec) to give a better service next time.

Most times, most of your people are present. That's because you have enough workers. They moved a great guy, this one is good. I just know not to go to the store for hours. I belong so it's about time I got something however as of 1/1 I am being subjected to go to Walgreens or I won't get the lowest price.

They have lousy service, lousy attitude, lousy Parking. Pharmacy Manager just doesn't care... Will never deal with them again. You get what you pay for because their prescription fee is lower than anyone else in Vancouver. But for a few bucks more Safeway actually CARES!!!!

They are prompt and they answer questions about drug interaction. The line is always short and filling a prescription takes less than an hour. Do not need to be a member and department at the top of the store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

During the Christmas season, my wife and I were food shopping at our local Costco Warehouse. While wandering the aisles, my wife happened upon this great stainless steel workbench, which would have provided just what we needed for improving our kitchen work/storage space problems. Being it was Christmas, and we're seniors, we were desperately short on funds. We didn't have enough cash to spare for an unanticipated extra $299.00 expense. I convinced my wife, that we should wait. Silly me. I figured it was Christmas, and who would be buying that many expensive stainless steel work benches? I should have known better. When we returned in January, ready to buy, we were informed that the store was not only sold out of their work bench supply, there would never be any more such work benches offered, and our ONLY alternative would be for us to attempt to order the item directly from the Costco website.

It was during this part of the experience, where I was informed that there would be an additional $149.99 shipping charge, which would be tacked onto the purchase price. According to their customer service people, and completely unlike so many other "Big Box" retailers, it seems Costco not only does NOT offer to ship direct order products to their stores for customer pick-up, but if you spend the time (like I did), and contact every other Costco Warehouse store (within a 150 mile radius), you will learn that it doesn't matter if you find what you are looking for. Costco is not interested in helping you. I decided to try and purchase the same product from another store, and go pick it up myself. In my case I found the stainless work bench at another Costco Warehouse Store. This store was more than 150 miles away from us.

Upon reaching that store by telephone, I was informed that Costco policy does not allow credit card purchases over the phone. They also DO NOT offer to place items in stock "on hold". In a most unapologetic way, I was told, "Every single item we sell is strictly cash and carry. We expect you to come in, buy what you want, and take it with you." Their only offer of remedy would be to "hold" an item on the day of purchase. That was their subtle hint, that I should immediately get into my car, and get there ASAP. I was strongly advised to call the store, prior to leaving my home, to make sure there was still a unit available for purchase. Wow. Now that's what I call strong-arm sales tactics. We live in a small, rural, community. We don't have a bunch of "Big Box" stores.

We're used to having to jump into our car and drive many miles to get what we need. But of all the large retailers we DO have close by - WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. - everyone of them has impressed me with how they seem to go out of their way, to check other stores close by, or offer to place an order for us, and even go so far as to have items dropped shipped directly to their stores, to help their customers to avoid driving hundreds of miles or paying huge shipping charges. With Costco, my experience seems as if they almost deliberately go out of their way NOT to sell you something. I'm retired now, and as they say, "Hindsight is 20/20." After this experience with Costco Company, I sure wish I could go back in time, and open my own giant-sized department store, just like theirs, in a small community just like ours, and simply hang out a sign on the door that reads... "WELCOME TO MY STORE... NO CUSTOMERS WANTED."

My concern is not so much the pharmacy, but the drug companies which raise the price to consumers every day. A drug used in our family has gone up 80%. There needs to be a price freeze and the government should do something worthwhile for a change. For example, to investigate who is receiving all the money for these drugs especially if they are off patent.

Costco is by far the best priced pharmacy. However, I made the mistake of having my generic blood pressure medicine, **, filled at Walgreens. I had not met my deductible, so I had to pay out of pocket. Walgreens' price was $235.00 but with Costco, for the same exact medicine for 90 days was only $22.19!!! I wish everyone knew about the price differences that pharmacies charge.

The pharmacy staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. If someone can't help you they find someone that can. I get what I need in a timely manner and they remember my name. They have good products and great prices. I like Costco but I don't like the hours.

Very disappointed with my Costco eyeglasses; bought my glasses early last year. After less than 4 months, they were scratched so badly they bothered me and still do. Talked to more than one Costco representative: same old story - "we don't warranty against scratches." Really? Didn't I pay for that? The only reason I went to Costco was the highest rating a while ago. Live and Learn, I guess. Can't trust either. I've had other glasses for 4 years that don't have as many scratches as my Costco pair after 4 months. Every time I place them down and pick them up, they seem to have more scratches.

Costco pharmacy clerks and pharmacist are actual professionals who are customer-service oriented. They will assist in finding the best drugs to take at the least dollar amount. Also, their prices are a full 78% less for the exact same Rx, than Walmart. All that polite service in a CLEAN, well run store.

I tried to shop for shredded mozzarella cheese on their website (so I can price it) and I can't find it - or any shredded cheese on their website for that matter, despite the fact that the store carries lots of different kinds of shredded cheese. I decided to look for a few other common items, and can't find those either on the Costco website. Costco's brick and mortar walk in store is probably 5/8ths food. The website carries only a tiny fraction of the selection in the store. Please make your website have a common feature for a retail/wholesale store: let the Costco website reflect what you carry in your store with prices. Additionally, when I log in, I should be able to select and save the store that I shop or the one that I choose and should be able to see their normal inventory. Your website is absolutely horrible as is, please fix it. Thank you.

They are always pleasant, and make extra effort to help and explain medicines if needed accurate in filling your request. I have complete trust in their work. They are timeless in filling a request and the prescription would be ready on stated schedule.

Excellent value for the price of my contact lenses! Excellent quality... same as what I get from the eye doctor. Costco has a good selection. Because I use disposable lenses they are not in stock and have to be ordered. If you use regular lenses that Costco keeps in stock you should be able to receive same day service. Even though I have to make a second trip, the savings is worth it!

My face is small for a grown woman and this fact narrowed my choices. I only found two frames that would actually work for me. But, thankfully I liked these frames quite a bit and purchased a pair of the Bebe Brand frames, and received the glasses in-store. They have high value for the price and excellent quality.

Vision is great and glasses do not come unscrewed. Received them in store and on time. Optician was very helpful in selecting a becoming style. Best price and service unless you want a gigantic selection with gigantic prices. Lady was direct when she said you only pay for designer name not better quality.

Beware. Costco is not good in service for or any control on their partners (like Ameriprise insurance or any) services. We blindly go with Costco's partner product as we trust to Costco and we think Costco will cover us if there is any problem. But it is wrong. Ameriprise insurance suddenly increased my home and auto insurance (doubled). I have no claim till date, credit score is high & good history, no ticket. I was surprised. Talked to Ameriprise and Costco client support. No use. It seems Costco people were on Ameriprise side. They told me my cost went up because of Washington new insurance laws. It doesn't make sense. I checked online and there is no new insurance law.

The whole experience was very nice. There was no pressure to choose any type and there were many styles, options to choose from. I found what I wanted quickly. Was notified when my glasses arrived, fitted quickly. No fuss. Great value and great warranty as well. I got the lens protection they suggested. It started to peel a bit after the year was up but they sent the glasses back to be redone anyway. We were very pleased and would go there again.

Wish I could do 1/4-1/2 rating. What a disappointment. Costco has gone so far downhill! Costco has become so Cheap/greedy that they made a mistake and Partnered up with Citibank. Citibank gives you the runaround on everything!!! They don't know their own products, guidelines, can't answer questions other than tell go online (NO CUSTOMER SERVICE). Hang up on you when asking questions and if lucky enough to ask then it’s only Misguided information and if they bother listening... Tried buy a car through Costco and Wow I would have been Taken. AAA came through!!! Tried to do a refinance through Costco and they wanted to screw me - Got a GREAT Deal through the Credit Union.

Point the partners Costco has brought on board are the LOWEST bottom feeders ever. No wonder why there are News Reports about Costco having issues!! Costco may have a great bottom line $$$ because they are taking advantage of US - they're making $$$ off of US. Time to speak up and say enough is enough. Mr Paul Latham needs to hear your experiences.

They take the time to make sure the glasses fit & tell you to come back if you have any problems & they will take care of you or order new glasses if you have a problem. They want to make sure you're happy with them. The value for the price of the glasses is very good compared to Dr. office, BJs, Walmart. I have never had a problem with any glasses order thru Costco. I would go back every week or see new frames that came in until I found one I liked. Glasses usually arrive within one week at store from date ordered & you receive a call that they are in & ready for pick-up.

Their overall selection is about average for a large company. I got glasses in store and it's a one stop shopping. Any adjustment ever needed can be done when I go shopping for other things. I'm very happy with my purchase of two glasses sun and regular both bifocal. The value for the price of the glasses is as good as it gets and the quality is very good.

I have been purchasing eye glasses from Costco for years. Service is very good. I wear progressive lenses with a tri-focal prescription. The lenses have always been perfectly proportioned so that I can see distance, work on a computer and look down to read books / files without any issue. I pick up my glasses in the store and it usually takes about a week for them to be ready after I order which I consider excellent. My complaint is regarding the anti glare coating which is apparently mandatory. Although I use the glasses wipes sold by Costco and nothing else to clean my glasses, the coating peels. This is a distraction and looks awful. I questioned this and was told there was no guarantee as they cannot confirm how I clean the glasses. I understand this but not why there is not an option to refuse the coating. It also seems that the selection of styles used to be more varied than it is now.

The value for the price of glasses is higher than I expected. I purchased in store and the overall selection is average. The frame is not satisfactory but the lens are good. I am encouraged to go back and request for adjustment. I expected as member to pay less than the regular demarcate price.

Prices very reasonable, with a very good return policy. Also you can believe what the package tells you, as they I am assured investigate it, before putting it on their shelves, example: Wild Salmon from Alaska.

Costco.com online SUCKS!!! I placed a $300 order and, as I expected, the funds were put on hold on my checking account. HOWEVER, what I did not expect was ANOTHER hold put on my account the next day when the items shift for another $250.00!!! This overdrew my account. Customer service was useless. They explained to me that that is their policy and that the additional charge will drop off my account next week. WAY TOO LATE FOR THE OVERDRAFTED CHECKING ACCOUNT. I will NEVER order from costco.com online again. From now on its Amazon all the way!

Frames have held up exceptionally well. Transition lenses prices were very reasonable and up to standards. Bought in the discontinued frame price so a little less, but great quality and better than most.

I have been a Costco Member since 2003, and have recommended the store over similar options since then. The quality of the products is much better, and I have always been happy with the service. Recently the store changed its accepted credit card to Visa. First - I thought Visa is only debit and gift card now! Aside from this, I refuse to change credit cards to accommodate one store. We have another card which they used to accept, and only have a Visa debit, which is not ideal for a store that usually my checkout is upwards of $200. So today, rather than $200, I spent $28. If Costco wants higher sales, they need to add another major credit card. They lost $170 today; multiplied by thousands this could equal stores closing or worse.

I never comparison shop anymore and I always go straight to Costco. The associates are trained in how to fit properly. They have a selection of glasses from high end to lower but not cheap. They have good quality frame choices for much better price than optical offices. My glasses are great and I've no complaints with frames or lenses. Delivery/shipping usually takes less than a week.

I feel that the prices on the food and beverage field are not only less competitive than before but frequently more expensive than some other discounter especially Aldi, or Smart and Final. I can wait until Lidl come in 2018. At the same time the amount to be bought in one package is getting bigger and bigger. Companies such as Aldi, Smart and Final (CA) have no membership due. IT comes to a point that I reduced my purchases by 70% and intend to just forget about Costco. The advertisement from Costco are deceptive.

I ordered my eyeglasses at my local Costco Warehouse. They have somewhat extensive selection of glasses. The people are very knowledgeable and friendly. The eyeglasses were made per my prescription on a very timely basis. I received eyeglasses in store after one week. The glasses have very good quality and excellent value for the price.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Costco operates over 700 locations worldwide with many of those stores having pharmacies on site. Costco also provides online pharmacy services such as prescription refills, home delivery, fulfilling new prescription orders and fulfilling pet prescriptions. Consumers do not need to be a member of Costco’s membership program to participate in their online pharmacy services.

• Prescription refill: Customers can refill their prescriptions online by entering in a few pieces of information found on their prescription label such as the warehouse and prescription numbers along with their name, phone number and email address. Customers can refill up to six prescriptions at one time.
  • Home delivery: Customers who are unable to pick up their prescriptions at a Costco location can choose to have them delivered. Costco is licensed to dispense controlled substances in all appropriate states. Standard shipping is free and takes 6-14 days, three-day shipping is $10.95 and two-shipping is $13.95.
  • Drug directory: Costco’s drug directory provides the pricing (before insurance) and information for all available drugs, including generic alternative information for each drug. Drug information tells consumers what the drug is and how to use that medication properly.
  • Pet medication: Costco pharmacies dispense over 150 commonly used medications for dogs and cats at lower prices that rival online pet medication suppliers. With a prescription from a veterinarian, customers can fill or refill their pet’s medications. Costco has a full list of pet medication pricing online.
  • Costco Membership Prescription Program: Costco offers the CMPP to its members as an additional benefit that allows them to receive lower prices on all medications. The CMPP is offered at no additional charge to Costco members and customers can apply the discounts to any medication not covered by their insurance.
  • Accreditation: Costco doesn’t list its licensing and accreditation online. Consumers can call and verify both by using a toll-free number.
  • Best for Costco members and consumers seeking discounted medications.

Compare Online Pharmacies