3.0/5 (1449 ratings)

About Costco Pharmacy

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Excellent Service always at all Costco Pharmacy locations. Always have medication in stock. Superb knowledgeable pharmacists & excellent pharmacy technicians.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I get my prescriptions from Costco. I find the cost to be lower than anywhere else and I'm also able to get my animal prescriptions for a much lower price than I could even get from my veterinarian.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Costco Pharmacy always sends me a reminder when I need refills, they are mailed to my home. If I need to call them & speak to a Pharmacist they are always polite & professional.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Because I have been a member of Costco for fifty years I trust their pharmacy and know that I get the best price available on what I need.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Because Costco's membership weeds out a lot of people, there are really sorry wait times which is convenient while I do a major shop. It's nice to be able to pick up groceries and my prescription.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Friendly service, always willing to help. Take Medicare RX plans and also Good RX, so we get best price of the two plans. Also, doesn't pressure customer to take prescriptions unless you contact them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I got my pet's prescriptions at Costco for less than half the cost from the vet's office. I got both heartworm medication and flea and tick control. ** and **

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Their prices are the best. Non-members can get Rx filled for slightly higher price than for members, but still better than other pharmacies. They sometimes have to order my meds so it takes 2 days.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Anyone reading this, if you are filling any pain killers in Beaverton OR make sure to COUNT THEM! This is the 4th time I’ve picked up my grandpa’s rx & it’s been short every time from 10-20 pills!!! It’s beyond frustrating & a complete waste of time. I’m strongly urging my grandfather (who’s currently immobile) to use another pharmacy because this is ridiculous. And if someone can tell me how to report this I’d really appreciate it. My email is **. Good luck & god speed!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I do not know the experience of others but my experience of Costco Pharmacy, Laird Road Mississauga is terrible. Looks like they are doing us a favour doing their paid jobs. One it is difficult to get a person in the pharmacy answer the call. Minimum hold time is 5 to 10 minutes. Second the person who answers the phone will keep you hanging in there for answers and by that time some other employee will come on the line, asking for whom you are holding. Third they never seem to have all the items on the prescription sent by fax by my doctor.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I dread having to get my prescriptions filled now that I am utilizing Costco pharmacy services. I appreciate the lower prices but the sacrifice it requires is almost to great. There is no way to avoid the 30-40 minute wait, after actually getting into the store to pick up a refill as calling in an order requires 2 days to be filled. Ridiculous! Picking up a prescription should not have to be a major event that one needs to schedule a half a day to get done. Pathetic service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

For the second time in as many months I have brought my prescriptions to be filled at which time I said I would like to wait for it, suggested wait time was 25 minutes so I walked around the store, came back after 30-35 minutes. Still NOT ready so I waited there another 20 or so minutes. Yesterday afternoon I dropped a new script and was told 35 minutes wait at which time I said I would be back in the morning. SO, today I went to pick it up - NOT EVEN STARTED, so I waited for 30 minutes. ENOUGH!!!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I got a cream for a rash and they gave me 3 when I asked for one. Then I asked to give me one instead and I waited 30 minutes to eventually cancel it because there was no one in line. The guy kept saying 2 mins for the system to verify but when someone new came up they helped them first?? We asked what’s taking so long and he said, "As soon as the lady is done with that lady she’ll do yours." Like the lady came 10 mins before us. Why are you not helping us first? Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Ordered a refill and it had to be ordered. Waited until Monday and instead of running it through my insurance they wanted to charge me 123.00. Because they had to redo it I had to wait over 30 minutes because of their mistake.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I recently had my doctor place prescription orders with my local Costco in Westlake Village, California. I called the pharmacy a couple days after my doctor called in the order. They had NO RECORD OF THE ORDER! I called my doctor and she wasn't terribly surprised. She said Costco "LOSES" Rx orders regularly. She believes their pharmacies are too small and understaffed. To me, that's a DAMN DANGEROUS SITUATION for people needing medications!!! I LOVE COSTCO PRICES... But I gotta find someplace else to fill my scripts!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I got an automatic renewal in my e-mail. I activated it and it should have been filled last week. I checked my prescription this morning and am almost out. Turns out it should have been refilled a week ago. And of course they are closed on Sunday. I will probably change to a more convenient store that is open 24/7 or at least every day. This is vastly inconvenient to say the least.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Went to get my Rx refilled after a particularly difficult and terrible dental experience. Was told after I submitted my script that "they are busy and it's going to take 20 minutes or so..." I told them that I was already in severe pain and to please expedite it as much as possible. 20 minutes later with my jaw barely able to move and not being able to swallow. (This part obviously was not Costco's fault.) I go to get my Rx and am told, "Gee we are so slammed and it's going to be another 20 minutes ..." I replied "Are you Serious? Can you not tell I am in agony here? Why can't we expedite this for people who are obviously hurting?" My reply was, "Yeah now that would be nice huh?"

Now 25 minutes later I go to get my Rx and they forgot one of the prescriptions... I was livid and about to scream at them but of course can't even open my jaw. They scurry off and force one of the incompetents in the back to hurry it up. And about an hour later, I had my Rx. Again, I am in agony and now had to wait for an hour to get my prescription. And now have to wait for another to hopefully have the pain lessen a bit. Management's best reply was "Oh yeah. I'll talk to the Pharmacy manager..." Which meant Nothing. I won't use Costco Pharmacy again. This was the last straw for me.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I went to the pharmacy to fill a prescription. I went to the drop off to turn it in, after asking if they had the right brand, as my doctor filled my script early because the pharmacy I went to their brand was taking 2 hours to dissolve. I double checked and they had the brand my doctor recommended I get. They said it would be ready in a half hour. So half hour I checked. It was not ready so they said they would let me know when it was ready. Another half hour goes by I check again. Still not ready. I sat back down then all the sudden the cashiers started saying, "I'm not going to tell her, you tell her." Mind you they were loud enough for the other people waiting for their meds to hear.

Finally one comes over to me and says in a rude and snooty tone, "You are trying to fill this way too early." So I told them to call my doctor, and the reason for the early fill. I understand that they were doing their job but it doesn't take an hour to tell me this. Not to mention I was so embarrassed, because this was done right in front of several customers. The cashier took it back so the pharmacist could call my doctor 20 minutes later who by the way was very nice to me, came and told me that it would be another 20 minutes for it to be filled. The rest of the wait the cashiers gave me dirty looks and made me so upset I was crying when I got to my car.

The cashiers need to be taught some customer service, and training in the medication. I refuse to use the pharmacy at Costco ever again. I pay to be a member and I will not pay to be treated that horrible. Again the lady that checked in my med and the pharmacist were very nice. It was the 3 ladies at the cashier counter is why I will not return. I will not renew my card when due.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was recently involved in an accident that left me unable to pick up several medications I had phoned in to Costco pharmacy the previous day. My husband does not have a membership so I gave him my card to pick up the items for me. The technician at the desk refused to give him the medications (which included insulin) because he did not have his own card.

I texted back and forth with someone at Costco headquarters today to verify if that was indeed the policy. It was correct. You have to have your own card to pick up medication for someone else. Seems strange anyone can use Costco pharmacy without a membership (by state law), but they can't pick it up for someone else without a membership card.

I asked what one was to do if she could not get into the pharmacy due to injury or severe illness. Seems a likely possibility seeing as we are talking medication. In that case, I was told, one needed to use the mail-in pharmacy (guess I should have planned ahead for my accident) -- or -- find a member to pick it up. I like a lot of things about Costco--including the prices I pay for my medications, but to essentially say my well-being can be put at risk for this ridiculous rule tells me I need to do business elsewhere. BTW, I checked the policy of other local pharmacies and not one would deny medication pick-up to a spouse.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Costco pharmacy is inexpensive. However, the pharmacists at my local Costco are inept. Of the five prescriptions I have had filled at my local Costco, only one was filled correctly. Various pharmacists have gotten the other four wrong. When I have question them, a team of two or three people is sent to the counter to argue with me and blame the prescribing doctor, the insurance company of both for Costco's error. On one occasion, I pointed to the label on the medication they had sold me that clearly indicated that the prescription was not correctly filled according to Costco's own label, the pharmacist refused to acknowledge that he had made a mistake.

I had my insurance company call only to be told after a long hold during which time the insurance rep that Costco on the phone that the people she talked to at Costco were bizarrely unable to communicate with. She suggested having the prescription transferred to a different pharmacy. I don't understand why people presumably with a university degree cannot read and understand a prescription and why they cannot accept responsibility for their mistakes. I also do not understand why Costco management doesn't fix the problem with some training.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have a number of prescriptions that I needed to have filled. I called the Appleton Costco store and they said to wait until Friday to come in. Costco in Appleton, does not call you, YOU need to call them if to check on prescriptions. Also, the place I transferred all of these prescriptions to, texts me when they are ready. Costco in Appleton, WI will not go out of their way to offer any assistance this way. So, I called them twice to check on my prescriptions, thinking I could just go in and pick up my prescriptions and be on my way. Well, this was not the case. I was told my insurance was not on file (even though I had prescriptions filled in March, 2018). Hmmm, did my March prescriptions go through my insurance? I had been going to them for over 1 1/2 years and my insurance was not on computer? Not very efficient if you ask me.

I would never go back to this pharmacy. Every time I go in, I wait over 45 minutes for my prescriptions. This is not right!!! The customer is not treated very well. My advice is to go somewhere (anywhere) else. I was not apologized to for the wait. Please save yourself some grief and go to an efficient pharmacy. The prices at Costco are not that great as well. I'm never going back, this aggravation is not worth it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I wanted to get a pneumonia vaccination (over 65) which is covered by Medicare Part B. I waited an hour and 15 minutes to be told that I would have to pay for the vaccine because the Costco system would not bill Medicare Part B. I went down the street to CVS, no wait, they said vaccination was covered by Medicare Part B, got the vaccination and was out the door in 15 minutes. Fast and friendly at CVS. No more Costco Pharmacy for any vaccines! I like Costco but the pharmacy service is terrible.

Original review: March 22, 2018

When I went to Silverdale Washington Costco and tried to fill my prescription I was told I had no choice but to use my insurance. For 90 days I pay around $23, if I use my insurance it a $25 copay for 30 days...I have been paying cash for years. When I called my insurance company they said that they never heard of such a thing. What was costing me $100 a year now is going to cost me $300. If this a new Costco company policy?

Original review: March 8, 2018

It is the 2nd time that the pharmacist named Vy ** tries to override doctor's orders. She did it again, this time I am absolutely appalled. The prescription read 2 capsules by mouth and she verbally overrode it to only one capsule. She claimed prescription was too high. The doctor had explained to us why he needed a high dose. Not to mention she had done the same before. To the extent of changing the written prescription! We had to personally go to the doctor and tell him face to face what she had done. The doctor was upset and made the prescription again and called the pharmacy to make sure that never happened again. Unacceptable. Does a pharmacist have this type of power?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We've been dealing with the Charlottesville VA Costco pharmacy for years. This year we changed drug plan carriers. When we tried to fill our usual prescription, we were told (A) this plan doesn't cover that drug but Medicare Part B does, and (B) Costco pharmacy doesn't bill Medicare so the price is the through-the-roof cash price. When we went elsewhere, we learned that Costco is the ONLY pharmacy in town that won't bill Medicare for Part B coverage. Wonder if it's just our Costco, or all of them. Pretty quirky bunch, Costco management.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I also shop at Costco for their large selection of organic groceries and reasonable pricing on other staples. Trader Joe's is also in the same shopping center as Costco & has good values and variety too.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

They changed my ** (generic) again when going to Costco - I questioned this and asked if I could get the same med I got last time. I was not happy about always getting a different version of the med. I am 74 years old and have been an RN for 50 years. I do know a little something about Health Care and Pharmacies. I also questioned the Pharmacist and told him that I did not trust Pharmaceutical Companies. He told me that he didn't have anything to do with Pharmaceutical Companies. I said to him "Isn't this a Pharmacy and aren't you a Pharmacist?" - He then told me that I was not nice to his help and I had one more chance. I told him I had a right to question and this is who I am - A VERY BAD Experience!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

For the past ten months, I obtained a prescription for my dog at a monthly cost of $26.79. On November 28, I picked up the same prescription written by the same vet after having to wait for three days while they resupplied. On the first of the three days (Nov. 25), I was told that it would take 30 minutes. After waiting almost two hours, they finally acknowledged that they had it on order and it would be ready on November 27 after 2:00. They should have told me that at the beginning of the long wait. My wife called on Nov. 27 and was told that the morning of the 28th would be the earliest availability. I came on Nov. 28 and had to work through an unfriendly woman at the counter who had me stand around waiting before finally asking me if this was the medicine. It was the same prescription as the previous ten months.

I signed and left because 1) I am a senior citizen who had been standing a while and 2) My dying dog needed the medicine. I should have analyzed the receipt but Costco is aboveboard (?). The price had increased from $26.79 for the preceding ten months to $145.11! I asked for a credit on the Citibank credit card website for the difference but Costco's new credit card provider conveniently lacks an area to explain why I am challenging part of this charge. In the many years as an executive member, I haven't had a bad experience with Costco (e.g., the travel service worked great for a trip to Hawaii) with the exception of the pharmacy. I won't use this pharmacy again and suggest caution when doing so.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased tickets to an event for $400 on costco.com. The funds were immediately taken out of my checking account. About an hour later I got an email saying my transaction was declined, however, $400 was still taken from my account. It was after hours already so I called Costco.com the next day, Friday, and they told me it was a system glitch and the funds will be returned Monday morning. Monday came and no refund. I had to call Costco every day for a week and every day they promised my money would be refunded the next day. Finally I got sick of getting the runaround and stayed on the phone for three hours with Costco until the issue was resolved. All the while the representative is discouraging me from holding on the line and trying to get me to hang up and call back the next day.

I understand stuff happens like computer glitches and system errors but Costco.com should have made more of an effort to resolve the problem and help the customer instead of passing it off to another associate the next day. I guess they were hoping that I would magically forget that there is $400 missing out of my account and stop bothering them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

One time is enough. I'm on the road for several months and gave an address to the pharmacy for shipping. When I received the email shipping confirmation it showed my home address. Knowing that the online pharmacy is not open on Sunday, I sent an email about the confirmation late Saturday night and waited patiently until 4pm EST for a response, which did not arrive. (Yes, I checked the junk mail folder). I called and was told that a) their system always confirms the address on file rather than where the script is sent, and b) someone allegedly responded to my email. A properly designed system will show the correct shipping address. I don't believe that someone replied to my email when said reply is not in my inbox or junk box. It never happened. This is a level of service unacceptable for something as important as a pharmacy. I hope Amazon jumps into the online pharmacy business so the job is done right.

Costco Pharmacy Company Information