1.58/5
Based on 604 reviews that contain star ratings

779 Costco Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2017

What I like about Costco is that prescriptions cost a fraction of what you would pay at CVS or any local pharmacy. I'm a bit concerned about whether anyone cross-references your medications however.

Original review: April 2, 2017

A pharmacist saw that an eye prep for cataract surgery contained **, to which I was allergic. My ophthalmologist had no idea the medicine contained ** when I told him what the pharmacist said.

Original review: March 27, 2017

This is the best pharmacy I have ever used. The reason I started going here was because at one point I did RX coverage and my Dr. told me to start going there as they are by far the cheapest. At first I was hesitant because there is no drive through, you can't just park without all the parking lot chaos and run in and/or depending on each location of course it's located far away in the store from the front door. I compared a few prices since I take a few and on-going so I knew I would be needing to go there at least once a month and they were by far the cheapest and by A LOT. I started going at least 3 years ago and would never go anywhere else and not just because of price which of course is very important but honestly compared to any pharmacy and I have used most the pharmacists here blow me away with how intelligent they are, patient and so helpful and take the time to answer all of your questions.

Additionally the staff are so nice and flexible and there are always more than 3 people working. I picture standing in one of the other Pharmacies counter and being ignored by the staff (and usually one working) and one pharmacist and they are short with you and you are rushed out of there and with my experience not knowledgeable. Many of my RX are cheaper paying without insurance or a copay, you don't need a Costco membership to use the pharmacy and it's no big deal to park and run in because you bypass all lines as you pay direct at the pharmacy and don't need to stand in those lines at the exit to be checked with your receipt. You can also literally call and press 0 and get the pharmacy and never put on hold. I LOVE COSTCO PHARMACY.

Original review: March 26, 2017

From years ago, the customer service and professionalism at Costco has dropped significantly. This is my second time that I encountered problems with my membership at the cashier. My wife used her membership and I made the payment. The cashier attempted to reject our purchase because wanted to make the payment. I explained to her that this is my wife and we have ID's showing same last names and addresses. They wanted her to make the payment. I think this kind of treatment is beyond acceptable. As a result we have decided to cancel her membership and go elsewhere for future shopping.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I noticed that for a while I could buy my **, at Costco, then I noticed you guys changed it for a generic brand... which was ok, then a more generic brand of heartburn medicine, and it was very weak and caused me to use more of that product. So I'm not buying any kind of heartburn medicine at Costco now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have a prescription for 60 ** every 2 months. I have to wait until I'm out to get the new prescription. That's normal. What doesn't make sense is Costco rarely has the full prescription, and tells me I can get 30, but have to wait until I'm out again to get the remainder. My question is, why is it when they have the full amount they dispense it, but when they don't, they don't allow me to pick it up when it comes in; they make me wait until I'm out to get the rest.

I asked the pharmacy technician why and emphasized that it doesn't make sense that I should be penalized for their stock issue. She said it's a Costco rule because it's a controlled substance. So, I have to change my schedule so that I don't go anywhere that day, and make an extra trip to pick up the remainder. How on earth could this make sense to any rational person. Seems to me that it's nothing more than a power trip. It was easier to get ** or ** when I was abusing drugs than getting something that is clearly written by a legitimate doctor when I'm clearly not abusing the prescription. Shame on you Costco.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I enjoyed shopping at Costco and also having my prescriptions filled there. I took prescriptions in for my wife and myself the other day and because we just came from the doctor's office I asked if I could have them on the same day as we have to start taking them right away. I was told they would not fill my prescriptions without 24 hours notice. I asked why as all other pharmacies fill them within an hour. I was told they do not have the staff to do same day fills. I suggested they hire more staff and I was told they would like that as well but the manager will not consider hiring more staff. I find this to be very poor service and now have to get some of my prescriptions filled elsewhere. I was not told this but if the excuse is that this is the only way they can keep prices down then I must say I strongly disagree as the volume sales would more than take care of that,

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have been a Costco member since it first opened in Burnaby BC. I recently gave the Store Manager my Costco card due to my experiences with the Pharmacy, Management and lack of caring by any employee of this store. You are lucky enough to get a parking space, which does not happen all the time, fight through the throng of shoppers loading up gigantic carts with useless stuff, this shopping experience to me is just horrible!!!! I was picking up prescriptions there for the last 6 months and not ONCE did they have my order ready. There was always some lame excuse and was always told to come back the next day or wait around for an hour... The ploy to get you to do some shopping I suppose.

I met with the pharmacy manager a few times but this person did not care one bit as they were way too busy to deal with me. I then asked to meet the Store Manager. I met a gentleman who presented himself as the Store Manager and he agreed that there are some major problems at this Costco, one of the busiest in the Lower Mainland. Went back a few weeks later and no prescription again. Went to see the store manager and this time I met a woman. I said the last time I was here I met a male store manager. She said he was not the store manager, just filling in while she was away. So now they lie to their customers too!

I am quite surprised that Costco is still even in business with their total lack of respect for their customers and they have no idea what customer service is all about. And to boot, they don't trust you as they have to stop you at the door to make sure you have paid for all your goods. What a sleazy company this is. I avoid this shopping disaster and will never set foot in any one of their stores again.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I would like to take this opportunity to provide a positive rating to Costco stores. I have been a member since the 80's of both the major mega box retailers and frankly both are good but I find that Costco edges out the other mega box retailer by a good bit. So I in essence gave up my membership in the second best mega box retailer and plan on staying with Costco. Their customer support in store and online is fantastic, they have detailed knowledge of the goods they carry including specifications! These days it's hard to find a store where the salesperson knows about the specs! The quality of goods is high as is their warranty extension process. So folks at Costco keep on keeping on. You are the best. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Costco's dramatic drop in customer service (2017) -- As a lifelong Costco shopper I have always enjoyed shopping at Costco. It would be nice if I could just end this review at that. Unfortunately, this is a real review with real customer feedback. My experiences with Costco have progressively gotten worse over the last year or so, finally coming to a point today 2/2/2017. As we all know Costco is a nightmare on the weekends. So to help avoid this quagmire and not add to the chaos, we now go to Costco on a weekday during the middle of the day. Because of this new Costco shopping day (weekday) I can no longer go to Costco because I work during the week. For the third (3) time now my wife has been aggressively confronted, argued with, and threatened to take away the card. They went as far as blocking her from using my account and sent her away in tears. All because it is my name on the card. There was no consideration given to the fact that she is my wife and we live at the same address.

What they want me to do is buy ANOTHER Costco membership!!! They want me to buy 2 memberships for one household!! This make NO! sense, I'm not trying to give my card to a stranger or a neighbor, or even extended family!! This is my wife and why would I BUY another membership!!! I called Jenny in Memberships at the Salt Lake City, UT store and this was my response. I asked for an exception to be made and they allow my wife to do our grocery shopping and this was the response that I get! My mother goes to Sam's Club and she uses my father's card. At most they mention to her, "Next time could you have your husband come with you?" WOW Costco this your customer service!! I STRONGLY suggest anyone in the market for a big box store membership to get a Sam's Club membership if for no other reason than what I mentioned above.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

This review is not about the service given at the pharmacy counter, but at the service given at the entrance, where you do returns or you create your Costco member card. Every time I went there (2 times so far), the service was terrible. First they try to make you renew the Executive member card and they don't take no for an answer. And once you try to make them understand nicely that you'd rather take the regular membership card since you already tried the Executive one (wasn't really beneficial), they make faces as if you were mean or a jackass. The guy at the counter seemed pissed and he was quite rude, so was the "manager" at that counter. I hate going to that Costco because of how disrespectful they were. Hopefully, the management system will consider this message and send words to their employees (Costco in Laval, Quebec) to give a better service next time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Most times, most of your people are present. That's because you have enough workers. They moved a great guy, this one is good. I just know not to go to the store for hours. I belong so it's about time I got something however as of 1/1 I am being subjected to go to Walgreens or I won't get the lowest price.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

They have lousy service, lousy attitude, lousy Parking. Pharmacy Manager just doesn't care... Will never deal with them again. You get what you pay for because their prescription fee is lower than anyone else in Vancouver. But for a few bucks more Safeway actually CARES!!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

They are prompt and they answer questions about drug interaction. The line is always short and filling a prescription takes less than an hour. Do not need to be a member and department at the top of the store.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

During the Christmas season, my wife and I were food shopping at our local Costco Warehouse. While wandering the aisles, my wife happened upon this great stainless steel workbench, which would have provided just what we needed for improving our kitchen work/storage space problems. Being it was Christmas, and we're seniors, we were desperately short on funds. We didn't have enough cash to spare for an unanticipated extra $299.00 expense. I convinced my wife, that we should wait. Silly me. I figured it was Christmas, and who would be buying that many expensive stainless steel work benches? I should have known better. When we returned in January, ready to buy, we were informed that the store was not only sold out of their work bench supply, there would never be any more such work benches offered, and our ONLY alternative would be for us to attempt to order the item directly from the Costco website.

It was during this part of the experience, where I was informed that there would be an additional $149.99 shipping charge, which would be tacked onto the purchase price. According to their customer service people, and completely unlike so many other "Big Box" retailers, it seems Costco not only does NOT offer to ship direct order products to their stores for customer pick-up, but if you spend the time (like I did), and contact every other Costco Warehouse store (within a 150 mile radius), you will learn that it doesn't matter if you find what you are looking for. Costco is not interested in helping you. I decided to try and purchase the same product from another store, and go pick it up myself. In my case I found the stainless work bench at another Costco Warehouse Store. This store was more than 150 miles away from us.

Upon reaching that store by telephone, I was informed that Costco policy does not allow credit card purchases over the phone. They also DO NOT offer to place items in stock "on hold". In a most unapologetic way, I was told, "Every single item we sell is strictly cash and carry. We expect you to come in, buy what you want, and take it with you." Their only offer of remedy would be to "hold" an item on the day of purchase. That was their subtle hint, that I should immediately get into my car, and get there ASAP. I was strongly advised to call the store, prior to leaving my home, to make sure there was still a unit available for purchase. Wow. Now that's what I call strong-arm sales tactics. We live in a small, rural, community. We don't have a bunch of "Big Box" stores.

We're used to having to jump into our car and drive many miles to get what we need. But of all the large retailers we DO have close by - WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. - everyone of them has impressed me with how they seem to go out of their way, to check other stores close by, or offer to place an order for us, and even go so far as to have items dropped shipped directly to their stores, to help their customers to avoid driving hundreds of miles or paying huge shipping charges. With Costco, my experience seems as if they almost deliberately go out of their way NOT to sell you something. I'm retired now, and as they say, "Hindsight is 20/20." After this experience with Costco Company, I sure wish I could go back in time, and open my own giant-sized department store, just like theirs, in a small community just like ours, and simply hang out a sign on the door that reads... "WELCOME TO MY STORE... NO CUSTOMERS WANTED."

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

My concern is not so much the pharmacy, but the drug companies which raise the price to consumers every day. A drug used in our family has gone up 80%. There needs to be a price freeze and the government should do something worthwhile for a change. For example, to investigate who is receiving all the money for these drugs especially if they are off patent.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Costco is by far the best priced pharmacy. However, I made the mistake of having my generic blood pressure medicine, **, filled at Walgreens. I had not met my deductible, so I had to pay out of pocket. Walgreens' price was $235.00 but with Costco, for the same exact medicine for 90 days was only $22.19!!! I wish everyone knew about the price differences that pharmacies charge.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The pharmacy staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. If someone can't help you they find someone that can. I get what I need in a timely manner and they remember my name. They have good products and great prices. I like Costco but I don't like the hours.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Very disappointed with my Costco eyeglasses; bought my glasses early last year. After less than 4 months, they were scratched so badly they bothered me and still do. Talked to more than one Costco representative: same old story - "we don't warranty against scratches." Really? Didn't I pay for that? The only reason I went to Costco was the highest rating a while ago. Live and Learn, I guess. Can't trust either. I've had other glasses for 4 years that don't have as many scratches as my Costco pair after 4 months. Every time I place them down and pick them up, they seem to have more scratches.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Costco pharmacy clerks and pharmacist are actual professionals who are customer-service oriented. They will assist in finding the best drugs to take at the least dollar amount. Also, their prices are a full 78% less for the exact same Rx, than Walmart. All that polite service in a CLEAN, well run store.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I tried to shop for shredded mozzarella cheese on their website (so I can price it) and I can't find it - or any shredded cheese on their website for that matter, despite the fact that the store carries lots of different kinds of shredded cheese. I decided to look for a few other common items, and can't find those either on the Costco website. Costco's brick and mortar walk in store is probably 5/8ths food. The website carries only a tiny fraction of the selection in the store. Please make your website have a common feature for a retail/wholesale store: let the Costco website reflect what you carry in your store with prices. Additionally, when I log in, I should be able to select and save the store that I shop or the one that I choose and should be able to see their normal inventory. Your website is absolutely horrible as is, please fix it. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

They are always pleasant, and make extra effort to help and explain medicines if needed accurate in filling your request. I have complete trust in their work. They are timeless in filling a request and the prescription would be ready on stated schedule.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Excellent value for the price of my contact lenses! Excellent quality... same as what I get from the eye doctor. Costco has a good selection. Because I use disposable lenses they are not in stock and have to be ordered. If you use regular lenses that Costco keeps in stock you should be able to receive same day service. Even though I have to make a second trip, the savings is worth it!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My face is small for a grown woman and this fact narrowed my choices. I only found two frames that would actually work for me. But, thankfully I liked these frames quite a bit and purchased a pair of the Bebe Brand frames, and received the glasses in-store. They have high value for the price and excellent quality.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Vision is great and glasses do not come unscrewed. Received them in store and on time. Optician was very helpful in selecting a becoming style. Best price and service unless you want a gigantic selection with gigantic prices. Lady was direct when she said you only pay for designer name not better quality.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Beware. Costco is not good in service for or any control on their partners (like Ameriprise insurance or any) services. We blindly go with Costco's partner product as we trust to Costco and we think Costco will cover us if there is any problem. But it is wrong. Ameriprise insurance suddenly increased my home and auto insurance (doubled). I have no claim till date, credit score is high & good history, no ticket. I was surprised. Talked to Ameriprise and Costco client support. No use. It seems Costco people were on Ameriprise side. They told me my cost went up because of Washington new insurance laws. It doesn't make sense. I checked online and there is no new insurance law.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

The whole experience was very nice. There was no pressure to choose any type and there were many styles, options to choose from. I found what I wanted quickly. Was notified when my glasses arrived, fitted quickly. No fuss. Great value and great warranty as well. I got the lens protection they suggested. It started to peel a bit after the year was up but they sent the glasses back to be redone anyway. We were very pleased and would go there again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Wish I could do 1/4-1/2 rating. What a disappointment. Costco has gone so far downhill! Costco has become so Cheap/greedy that they made a mistake and Partnered up with Citibank. Citibank gives you the runaround on everything!!! They don't know their own products, guidelines, can't answer questions other than tell go online (NO CUSTOMER SERVICE). Hang up on you when asking questions and if lucky enough to ask then it’s only Misguided information and if they bother listening... Tried buy a car through Costco and Wow I would have been Taken. AAA came through!!! Tried to do a refinance through Costco and they wanted to screw me - Got a GREAT Deal through the Credit Union.

Point the partners Costco has brought on board are the LOWEST bottom feeders ever. No wonder why there are News Reports about Costco having issues!! Costco may have a great bottom line $$$ because they are taking advantage of US - they're making $$$ off of US. Time to speak up and say enough is enough. Mr Paul Latham needs to hear your experiences.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

They take the time to make sure the glasses fit & tell you to come back if you have any problems & they will take care of you or order new glasses if you have a problem. They want to make sure you're happy with them. The value for the price of the glasses is very good compared to Dr. office, BJs, Walmart. I have never had a problem with any glasses order thru Costco. I would go back every week or see new frames that came in until I found one I liked. Glasses usually arrive within one week at store from date ordered & you receive a call that they are in & ready for pick-up.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Their overall selection is about average for a large company. I got glasses in store and it's a one stop shopping. Any adjustment ever needed can be done when I go shopping for other things. I'm very happy with my purchase of two glasses sun and regular both bifocal. The value for the price of the glasses is as good as it gets and the quality is very good.

Costco Pharmacy Company Information