Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Costco Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco Pharmacy?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

One time is enough. I'm on the road for several months and gave an address to the pharmacy for shipping. When I received the email shipping confirmation it showed my home address. Knowing that the online pharmacy is not open on Sunday, I sent an email about the confirmation late Saturday night and waited patiently until 4pm EST for a response, which did not arrive. (Yes, I checked the junk mail folder). I called and was told that a) their system always confirms the address on file rather than where the script is sent, and b) someone allegedly responded to my email. A properly designed system will show the correct shipping address. I don't believe that someone replied to my email when said reply is not in my inbox or junk box. It never happened. This is a level of service unacceptable for something as important as a pharmacy. I hope Amazon jumps into the online pharmacy business so the job is done right.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The only drawback to using the facility in San Luis Obispo is that I know the new prescription from my physician will not be ready until the next day, no matter what the medicine is. They can beat local prices, even my insurance co pay, by several dollars, so I would rather wait the extra day and drive back for the savings. Especially after being overcharged at CVS triple after breaking my ankle 18 months ago.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I worked in a pharmacy for many years so I know what great customer service should be like and Costco Pharmacy is a far from quality which is what you should expect from a membership driven company. Every time I got there, I have to tell them how to do their job. My Doctor will send over a prescription electronically right in front of me or I would call in a refill and the Doctor would call it in and the Pharmacy would claim they never received anything or an approval. I would call back again and again and the third time they had it because that was the only time they put me on hold to look.

The most recent is when I had an approval for a medication to be refilled and told them I would pick up next day and when I called the next day to see if it was ready, I was told they were out of stock and my question was why wasn't I told this yesterday or did they not fill it yesterday for me to pick up today and the clerk put me on hold. She came back on and said they had it from a different manufacturer so I said, "Yes, please fill."

This has not only happened with my medications but with my cat's as well. If the prices weren't so good (my insurance doesn't cover everything) then I would go back to Target. They never call you to tell you there is an issue and I have had to call them 3-4 times every single time I have needed a prescription. If I was the Pharmacy Manager I would fire everyone and hire all new people. Only one person who is named Charles has ever taken the time to call me back when there was an issue or took that extra step. He should get a raise.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My son is a type 1 diabetic and with that of course comes the purchase of insulin and supplies. I changed to Costco to save on pharmacy charges (which wasnt that much) and was assured they were reputable pharmacy. They were the worst pharmacy I have ever dealt with! They sold my husband the wrong supplies and told him he didnt know what he was talking about. So I had to return the items and was treated terribly, they didnt know that lancets were not used alone and somehow it was my fault. On top of all that they wanted to charge me for a meter that is given away at other pharmacies! (I have not gotten a meter from Costco at all so there was a problem of time between replacements). All in all my advice is stay away from Costco pharmacies. It's bad enough to be in a situation to need medicine so being treated badly on top is not acceptable.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I want to give complaint on Costco whole milk (Kirkland). They are not maintaining the standards since last four to five times when I purchased the milk within 10 days milk is damaging and I have given complaint in costco customer care. They were saying, "Give the milk and we will refund the money" and they are not looking our concerns and not worried about quality also. This is too bad when the experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I will warn women, seniors, physically challenged people and other in an apartment when you buy products from Costco online. They may deliver to your security gate, but they may not bring it to your door. It depends on Vendor's policy, according to Costco. I purchased 65" TV from their online. It was delivered and left to a security gate. The delivery man did not bring it to my unit. It was heavy, so I had to hire someone to carry it to my unit next day. He brought it to my unit and opened the box in front of me, and we saw a broken TV screen.

I do not know if it was damaged by a rough delivery guy, my securities, a handy man who carried it to my unit, or another reasons. Costco customer service said they do not consider 65" TV which is around 50lb as heavy and big product, so it is ok to leave it at condo's security without buyer's signature. They seem not consider $1800.- TV as expensive product.

Anyway, I had to order another TV. I emailed Canpar (delivery company) not to leave the 65" TV at the security gate again, and I asked them to notify me next time. No reply. I also told Costco customer service not to do it again. She apologized and called and told Canpar not to do it again for me while I was holding on the phone. The same delivery guy notified me my new 65" TV delivery. He said he would leave my TV at our security gate again because he does not want to get a parking ticket, though we have parking spaces. Asked him to bring it to my unit POLITELY, but he just hung up on me. It was 20 SECONDS conversation. Our security manager persuade him to take it to my unit, so he brought it to my unit eventually.

I emailed Costco about it, and no reply in a few days. I called their customer service. They told me that they are not responsible for the way of delivery. They are just selling products indirectly, so each vendors have their own policy for delivery. They also told it was ok to leave $1800.- value, heavy and big product at a condo's security. This is not their business because they do not sell products on their online directly. They also said 65" is not heavy and big. For example, company "A" may deliver 65" TV to your suite. Company "B" will leave their 65" TV at the security, and you have to carry it to your suite later. That is why my LG 65" TV was left at security gate without notifying me, and my acquaintance who got a smaller TV from another company was delivered to her door.

The way of delivery of each vendor's products on Costco online shopping depends on vendors. Costco clearly told me that they are not related with any products on Costco online. They are like Amazon, Ebay, and others. Amazon, Ebay customer service never took advantage of this statement to respect customers and vendors. That is a big difference between Amazon, Ebay and Costco.

Arrogant customer service told me that Costco does not have responsibilities for delivery again. He also told me we must check how the purchased product would be delivered just before confirming payment. Ok, I got it. I never thought 50 pounds TV is light product as Costco thinks. I assumed they deliver products as IKEA, Home Depot, Bricks, Bestbuy, Leon, Structube and others deliver to my door. They said it was my fault because I did not get in touch with Canpar, though I did. However, Canpar web clearly showed me under my tracking number that they cannot leave the size of my TV at condo's security because it is not a parcel. They did, thought... While I was explaining the contradiction between what Canpar say and did and what Costco's each vendor's delivery policies, an arrogant Costco Customer Service guy hang up on me. THEY called me and interrupted my work, though.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My aunt has bone cancer and can no longer go to Costco with us. For years we go to university and Forsyth Florida store. We had a full cart of groceries packed about to check out and lady at self check out denied us for not having any of our sisters faces making it loud and a large issue. She told us to leave or go get a new id. I explained my aunt can't come anymore. She has cancer. It hurts her to walk the store. The blonde lady told my sister to go get her a new ID for her or find a way to bring my aunt in. It's not the lady's fault she said. She was so nasty and rude she made my sister start crying for being so mean. Costco has horrible values just rude greedy unpolite or considerate people. The lady got so rude. She said it's not her fault. "Your aunt can't come in then go else where to shop"... Your company sucks and is horrible. I hope you all catch cancer or die in a car accident.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Cotsco #1080 San Marcos Ca - Costco is being one of my best store to shop for years! But unfortunately just had a terrible experience on June 9, 2017. Like usually I went to shop for my week food and some other items. This day I also bought two Rotisserie Chickens one for lunch and the other one for sandwiches for the next day. Next day I was sliced the chicken when I noticed something black from the side of the chicken then a ball smell. I open the chicken completely and found out poop, liver, gizzard everything inside totally disgusting. Chicken was never cleaned from inside.

I decided to go back to the store and talk to the manager about it. She was totally surprised when I showed her the chicken. She did return my money from the two chickens but the problem is not finished. There I can not see or eat chicken again. Since then I have been so sick from my stomach. It seemed she didn't care. I just was told she was going to talk to the crew in the kitchen so they could check the chickens before they can cook them. I hope she did so some other people don't experience the same problem I had.

Original review: May 8, 2017

In the Meat Department at Matthews Township Parkway Costco a female with brown hair, her name tag said Brianna. She was EXTREMELY RUDE to her coworkers calling them names and trying to make them mad because they would not do HER JOB for her. She made the work environment terrible and I felt bad for the men in there because they held their tongues and just walked away but you could tell the young man was mad. No one should have to work in a hostile work environment where they feel UNCOMFORTABLE, I was only shopping and I felt uncomfortable with the way she presented herself and treated others. Not only did this Brianna create a HOSTILE work environment while they were switching positions she was touching her face and picking at her nose while grabbing containers to put the chickens in and didn't hide it either. In plain view she was picking her nose and touching the containers.

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A CHICKEN FROM HERE AGAIN. She's not a team player, she's not a good worker and she wasn't following SERVE SAFE rules. My children love the chickens from Costco and it's just sad that she ruined not only my experience, but my WHOLE family's experience. This was one of the most terrible experiences I've had with Costco. I just want to know where the management was at because the way she treated her coworkers was NOT ACCEPTABLE. I am more than likely cancelling my membership and I will be telling everyone about the non-sanitary conditions of this meat department. This girl ruined over 30 chickens. I hope something gets done about this because the workers should not have to deal with her rude ** attitude and I should not have to witness UNPROFESSIONAL people while shopping. Brianna RUINED my experience.

Original review: May 7, 2017

This pharmacy cares nothing for its members! Won't inform patients when there is an issue. Last straw was today when they stated I would have to take my wife to the ER and wouldn't do anything to correct the problem they created! If you value your family DON'T trust this pharmacy!

Costco Pharmacy Company Information