1.25/5

435 Burlington Coat Factory Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

Every time I shop at Burlington this wonderful woman Linda ** is always smiling. She interacts with her customers. I enjoy her as a cashier. Thank you Linda **. You're the best!!!! She takes her time to fold your clothing properly when others ball your items up and they get all wrinkled. I just want this woman to be recognized for her outstanding customer service skills.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Always find great deals in the Erie, PA store... Customer service is great too. Daughter bought a dress for her grade 8 graduation and the cashier put it in a plastic wrap on a hanger without us even suggesting it. Also clean and very well organized store. Workers stocking the shelves friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this location for good deals.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I’ve been meaning to write this review a while ago. I'd like to take time to acknowledge one of your customer service representatives. I believe her name is Diane at store #199. She showed professionalism and was very friendly and interacted with my son. He was tired and ready to go but she made him smile all while she rang up my purchase. I felt like your store was welcoming to children because of it.

Original review: June 3, 2019

When I purchased this luggage set, I looked pretty and seemed strong and well-made. That is not the case. This is the worst luggage I have ever purchased!! I have spent less for luggage that held up much better than this set. While packing for my trip, the seam started to pull away. I should have stopped right there and returned the set, but it was the day before I was scheduled to leave. I went on my trip and when I retrieved my luggage at the airport, both pieces were severely scratched and damaged. Burlington refused to give a refund or credit. DO NOT PURCHASE ThIS LUGGAGE!! It is crap! I will never shop at Burlington again! They have poor customer service and their stores always look a mess whenever I have gone there.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My mother and I go shopping frequently in Sioux Falls, SD, and one day, we decided to go to Burlington to see what clothes they had and all that. We get there, and then first thing we see is shopping carts stranded in the parking lot areas, and some taking up valuable spacing. A little frustrated, we moved some and was able to get a fairly close spot to the store. We walk in and we see lots of clothing, and since it was Christmas at the time, we were greeted with lots of holiday decorations. It was nice, until we started to walk farther in. First of all, there were clothes everywhere but the racks. Most were either hanging on one side of the hanger or on the floor, which clearly was a little unsanitary. Second, we could see darker clothes that had deodorant stains on them or weird blotches on them, which disgusted me to know that they either don't seem to care about their clothes, or are just too lazy to clean the clothes up.

Third, by the makeup area, over half of the boxes containing items were opened and not put back to their original spot, some had missing items, and lots were in the wrong place. Fourth, the shoe area had lots of problems. Many were strawed out everywhere but the racks, and had stuffing that they put in the shoes everywhere. Everything seemed unorganized and I got anxiety just by looking at some things. Fifth, the employees were not very helpful and either couldn't understand what I was trying to ask, or replied in a rude way, like "I don't know. Just look around and maybe you'll find it." Someone actually said that to me, which kind of hurt. Stores, especially Burlington, are supposed to be friendly, clean, and welcoming to people everywhere. What I saw in Burlington that time was the exact opposite.

Then, my friend and I went back a few weeks ago to see if anything had changed. We walked in, and everything was the exact same way. Clothes everywhere. Boxes of items missing. Even their changing rooms were very unsanitary. My friend and I started to film a little bit of what we were looking at, but ended up getting kicked out by the manager working there. I would not recommend going to a Burlington store, unless you want to experience everything yourself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?

Original review: April 2, 2019

My elderly mother and I were very excited to visit the brand new Burlington in the Carson Mall 3/30/2019. The store was clean but not stocked. However, my mom was doing an exchange/refund. The "Cashier Maria" is a very angry disgruntled employee. Whether she was having a bad day was not our problem. The "Cashier Maria" insinuated we were stealing by saying she could not scan our clothes they don't belong to Burlington even though she had the return receipt in her hand. She did not know how to scan the receipt or wasn't aware of how to complete a return transaction so she took it out on us. She argued at us, talked to us like we were nothing, I never experience this behavior before.

Keep in mind my elderly mom is 85 and I'm 49. This Maria was out of control. Even when the asst. manager came to help she was still arguing with us as if she was in a street brawl over a return. The nice asst. manager manually entered the receipt and return our items. Just imagine what she will do if another customer argued BACK with her. My mom and I will avoid this Burlington as long as Maria is an employee.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Normally, when you order clothes online from a retailer, you can ship the item back if you need to return it. Not the case with Burlington. You are unable to ship it back, and you need to visit a store to return it. Not only that, but you can only return the item with the original credit card that paid for the item. So, my mom ordered me a jacket. It didn't fit. Now, to return it, we have to meet up, and go in person to a store. If we didn't live only an hour apart, and have a store near where I live, this would be impossible. A big hassle to return an item. Stay away from their online store.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I was ordering items online and Burlington declined my card. I checked my bank account to make sure I had sufficient funds and I did so I did it again and it declined again. I thought maybe it's a WiFi issue so I turned my wifi off and on then I tried again still declined. Then I used a different credit card. Declined again so I just gave up. The next morning I checked my account and Burlington took money out of my account 4 times and put it back in 4 times. They did the same thing with my other card. I called to see what was going on. The customer service rep Renee could not give me an answer why she was coming up with her own possibilities, but I just wanted a straight answer. She became very rude, kept over talking me, stating, "Oh my God," and blowing air. I told her I could hear everything she was doing. She kept over talking me and she eventually hung up on me.

I called corporate and it was a similar experience except she told me it was Burlington's protocol to decline a card to see if you have sufficient funds. But why would they do that 4 times and never complete the payment? She could not answer any questions for me. She suggested that I use PayPal? I am stuck at what to do??? The representatives were so rude and unhelpful and did not answer my questions properly. Can someone help?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I bought a coat at Burlington 50.00 last year and the sleeve fell apart one month and I do not have a receipt. People say how good Burlington is and I do not think so I brought to tailor and they could not help. I have it taped but when I do wash it will come off. I need to get 50.00 so I can buy a new coat. I am not pleased with this coat.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This was the most frustrating and worst customer service I've ever had in my life. Trying to return shoes that don't fit right that were a gift from my wife who purchased them on her account. I brought back the shipping sheet that has the order number on it and proof of my ID and they still said after the second time that all the information isn't good enough that they need her email. She doesn't have their email anymore so they're denying us a return over that. Even though we screen captured the order details Within Burlington Coat Factory account it's not good enough. They will not give back money. Cheap and untrustworthy company. Wasted 20 miles of driving in an hour and a half of my time that's why I'm making this review. They've lost the business of my wife who loves to shop so they made a bad move.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I am going to Chicago in 3 days. I purchased a hat and scarf set today and later on realized that I selected the wrong color. Turns out I didn’t select the wrong color, they didn’t give me an option to change it. I then tried to cancel my order or at least edit. I couldn’t find that option anywhere. Took me forever to find a toll free number, but it didn’t matter since they are closed anyhow. I called a local Burlington. Explained my problem. I purchased the item which only costs $13, but I needed it before I left Chicago so I selected Express shipping, which I should get it in the mail 1-2 days and costed $20. The manager at the local Burlington stated she can only refund me the price of the item ($13). But the shipping is non-refundable. I am calling tomorrow as soon as they open because it’s not fair to charge for shipping if they haven’t even shipped the item yet.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Had a layaway. Needed to return a couple items and gave me gift card instead of my money back. Had receipt. I didn't pay with gift card. I paid cash. Will not ever shop there again!! The employee was rude as well as corporate office. They justified gift card by saying policy for gift card was on the receipt. REALLY!!?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Even 1 star is too good of a rating. The coupons that are given in the store cannot be used online. Saw a coat in the store and the price online was 7 dollars more than the price in the store, they just didn't have it in my size. Called customer service, who was completely useless, seems like their favorite phrases, they can't help you, no or unfortunately not understanding how you can't price match your own product. The customer service is just completely useless. I received my coat on the 2nd then noticed that it was on clearance on the 7th. When I called to try and get the difference, I was told I could not because it was already shipped. Don't know why it's called customer service when they are not servicing the customer at all, completely useless.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I went shopping for Christmas. Had a 3 month old baby in a car seat, put the car seat in a cart I found in parking lot. When I went through the line and paid they never said you cannot take the cart out of the store or I would have never bought anything. But when I went to leave a rude employee said, "You cannot take the cart out." I ask how I was to get everything to my car with a baby. She said, "Not my problem." Never offered to help. Will never shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I went to the store at the El Con Mall in Tucson. I must say how disenchanted I was with this store. Nothing is organized. They have sections for different types of products such as beauty, clothes, shoes, etc., but everything is thrown in together. You go to the beauty section and you will have some of the lotions here, some on the next set of shelves and again on a different set of shelves. But there are also things for feet, makeup and every other beauty product in the same darned place. If you look at the clothes and shoes, it may say one size, but most of the things in that section are the wrong size. I went to check out and found an open cash register. The woman (cashier) completely ignored me and called the next person in line and the man (cashier) that was at one of the other registers said, "Ma'am, the line is back there."

I thanked him and went back to see where the line was (there was nothing that said that this is the checkout line) and found about 20 people standing there with carts full of stuff. I had two items that I wanted to purchase. At this time of year, there should be more than 4 registers open. I put my stuff on a table and walked out the door. The man was certainly surprised when I did so. Nothing about this store impressed me. Their prices were high for the quality of the products and the aisles were so tight that only one person could fit through at a time. This was the first and last time that I will EVER go back to any Burlington. I will go to Ross any time. Their stuff is organized, their staff is polite, and their prices are excellent.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased a coat on Tuesday. Took the tags off Wednesday morning, got in the car, saw it was completely unraveling by the time I got to work!! The coat unraveled along the seam within less than 1 day!! I paid an amazing price, but the cashier told me I couldn’t exchange the coat because it had been worn. A $90 coat with no quality guarantee. The entire seam just kept unraveling!! No wear and tear, was only worn on my way to work...in my car. Guess I have to learn how to sew when I purchase from this store!! The return/exchange policy basically means you have to just “know” you purchased a faulty product before you realize it’s poor quality... Where is the Satisfaction guarantee?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I made a purchase online on the 27 of November and until today I'm still waiting for the tracking number and they could not ever answer my question online or over the phone. I will never buy anything from that store and I do not recommend it either.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

This rep had the audacity of making it seem as if I ordered the wrong stuff. Ordered 20 pairs of shoes for Christmas gifts and I get sent 2 snow items jacket and pant size 4x inside the box with someone else invoice but the FedEx label outside has my name and address on it. How does an order of 20 pairs of shoes get mishandled to be jacket and pant for snow?

Call up cust. service and right away they concern was money back to which I told them it took me time and effort to search and find the right item for each person and you copping for an easy way out before even looking to see if you can resolve the matter at stake here by finding my package and redirecting that to me, not once the word "We are a sorry" was pronounce by the first rep. They want me to take the time and effort to get this sent back to them. While they are not saying if they will try getting my package, she said that even if they get it back if it happened to have been shipped by error to someone else they will not send to me for security purpose company policy to which I said, "Nonsense." How many times people try shoes or clothes at the retail locations and still get rung up without concern for buyers well being?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I ordered stuff online since the 30th of October. It is now 15th of November. USPS says they couldn't deliver (no fault on my part) and this is stated on the shipper website and Burlington can see this. I have chased Burlington for my refunds but to no avail. Burlington says it need receive the items before making a refund which means if this gets lost by the shipper, I get no refunds! Such a shame. No longer shopping with them!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

DO NOT Order items from Burlington Coat factory online. I ordered two coats. FedEx stated they were shipped to my address. I had someone home looking for the packages as I really needed the coats. They did not arrive. Called FedEx. They told me to call the store so I called the customer service line for Burlington and they told me to dispute the charges with my Bank. Terrible customer service! Good customer service would have been a refund and they deal with FedEx!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I’ve bought many products from them over the years. Still wearing their leather jacket from many years ago. Good price, good product, and it has lasted. Helpful reps in the past. Today, I called wondering if they had any men’s vests. I was disconnected twice. On the third call, after explaining the previous, I was handed over to a manager. Seemed like no one wanted to really help. Guess I was a pain! The manager promptly told me, "No we don’t have that." That’s fine. Pretty much brushed off. If I did that in my business, well...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I never saw in my experience like this, I order soccer cleats for my son and I received a baby shoe. As per the policy I walked in the store and returned the item. They not ready to pay back the shipment cost and said it's not their policy to pay the shipment fee. I questioned it's not my fault as you returned an inappropriate item. When I spoke to customer care they said if you bring back the shoe picture they may refund the shipment. I lost my 8+ $ for no reason. Never order online with Burlington.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have been in touch with Burlington for approx. 2 weeks now. I have to Merchandise Claim Certificates that are unused. They are years old. Tried to use them, ring up as invalid. Went to the main office, first customer rep (Rheanna) was so bad I asked to have the call escalated to a supervisor. Dino was pleasant, but no callback. Second customer service (Barbara) researched while I was on the line, found that the $8.00 certificate could have a gift card issued, but $25.00 certificate was ignored. Last Contact on 8/29, no further word from this company. BAAADDD customer service. These certificates were issued by the claims administrator to settle a lawsuit- do I have to do a lawsuit to get this resolved? Absurd!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Went to the Crossgates Mall store to shop with my 2 children. My son was at the register trying to pay for his 2 items and the cashier was so busy gossiping about a previous customer, that she didn't see he had a second item. Thus, to say, he had to endure her rudeness even longer, as well as the long line of customers waiting to be checked out. She literally stood there holding his money while she continued to ignore him. I finally told her to quit gossiping and give him his money so we could get out of there. The store was so filthy... the bathroom's unusable to people who actually like clean, flushed toilets. When I brought the conditions up to the store manager, he shrugged his shoulders and said it was the customers who make the mess. I get that but isn't keeping the store clean his job. I will never shop there again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My mom ordered a baby swing for my sister's little baby boy on June 30th and it was supposed to be delivered to my sister's house in Temecula on July 10th and she never got it. I emailed them and they didnt do anything. I got an email from them that the swing was returned and my mom will be getting a refund back from it. I will never order anything from them online ever again. They did not deliver the swing.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I ordered Piped Printed Ruffle Tankini equivalent of size 12 online, paid, got confirmation and was eagerly waiting for my swimsuit to start going to swim lessons with my son. Too bad that I received IndigoGirl SMultiplusize 8 instead. (Why do we even get to pick a size and model when ordering when they can just surprise us?!)

Original review: June 26, 2018

Ordered a crib from their online and had agreed to pay 20.00 shipping! Well that's where it gets lost I guess! The day of the delivery we get an email that our package was delivered! We get a notice via email and go to the door and no package! We call immediately and get put on hold and the agent comes back 10 min later and said that we would have to wait 7-10 day while they check with FedEx for the package! Well they Tell us that they are not going to return the money because FedEx said they delivered the package and for us to call the credit card company we used! What a great way to do business and great customer service! We never received the crib and we are out 100.00 dollars! DO NOT ORDER ONLINE WITH THEM, I'm sure we are not the only one this has happen to!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I ordered a baby bed for my daughter and I called to follow up on the order. First the agent, Denise was rude. She placed me on hold for at least 10 min. Since I work in the customer service field myself I am aware of the policies and procedures. I know that when placing a call on hold you are supposed to check on and update the customer every two minutes. Secondly, she called me by my first name without asking if that was ok. Needless to say here it is a week later and I still have not received a confirmation email about the item being shipped and when I called all she could tell me was that it is in process. This is by far the worst customer service that I have ever received in my life. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she told me that I had to leave a message and wait to be contacted back in 24-48 hrs. I will not ever place another online order with Burlington Coat Factory.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I purchased a diaper bag for 50.00 at Burlington 2 months ago. The zipper broke and I attempted to exchange it for the same bag, but they refused. The clerk stated that I needed the tag or the receipt. Who would keep a tag on a bag that they are using? I never expected the zipper to break so soon. I do not want any money. I just simply want another bag. Customer service guy was rude, short, and he kept saying excuse me. When I asked why he said, "I'm trying not to be rude. The policy says gift cards for items without a receipt, but then it says store manager may refuse." That was added so they can cover themselves when they refuse a refund. I spend money in Burlington's, but I need to reconsider due to this incident.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My stolen card was used in the West Nyack Store. I contacted them to assist me so I can identify who used it (since it disappeared after a friend's party so I know someone I know took it). I spoke with someone who told me to come into the store and what proof to bring, I told them I'll be there at 5 pm. I get there to be told that he left at 4pm. I speak with the store manager who tells me who to call the following day. I call and ask for that associate and they tell me he isn't there. Then in the middle of talking, the associate I was on the phone with hung up on me.

Corporate customer service told me it was an outside security company, the store manager told me it was Burlington's security company. Just disorganized and incredibly rude - and this isn't even an experience complaint it's a SECURITY complaint. My STOLEN card was used and they just don't care to even give me the time of day or finish my sentences. Will absolutely never shop there, or let anyone I know shop there, if this is how they respond to security concerns.

Burlington Coat Factory Company Information