1.19/5
Based on 202 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Burlington Coat Factory

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 24, 2017

385 Burlington Coat Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I worked for Burlington Coat Factory last year for six months and then had to tell my manager Gabe that I couldnt work Christmas Eve because I had to go to Denver due to a family emergency. He decided to pretend that I never told him so and put me down as a no call no show so I quit. Then literally not even six months after quitting I tried to reapply again and I got misleading emails stating that I could work there again and I spent almost 5 months trying to work there again. I even called and talked to Gabe a couple weeks back and he told me that he would email the hiring manager and let them know I was interested. Then yesterday I got an email stating that they wanted me to do the assessment in order for me to be considered so I went to the library since I dont have a computer at home and did the assessment. Then not even 20 minutes after I got home I got another email stating that I'm not qualified for the position.

I was a cashier there for 6 months and was one of the best cashiers they had working for them guaranteed! And I have proof from employees that I still talk to that work there like Tristan **. I am beyond frustrated and I don't understand why your management can't do their job. I loved working for Burlington and still want to but not if I'm not going to be treated with the respect I deserve. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I placed an order, and unlisted KENNETH COLE wrist watch was among my buy. Only for me to get my order sent to my US address on June 7. I personally saw my order on July 30th only to find out the wrist watches wasn't working. I have been trying to reach to Burlington by mail and they asked me to return it to the store and they would send me a confirmation to prove the return to any of their shops!!

Up until now I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY CONFIRMATION EMAILS TO PROVE I CAN RETURN THE WATCH. I have tried to call, send messages, a lot of messages, I get an automated message and no one to help. It is so bad that I couldn't even use the wrist watch and worst of all they are not willing to respond. How can they ship a bad wrist watch to a customer for a price? That is the height of lawlessness and inhumanity.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 29, 2017

On Saturday 6/24/2017 tried to return a hair clip I bought that broke. I was within my 30 days and had my receipt but was told that I needed a barcode in order to return the clip. Reading the return policy to Akina the store mgr. made no difference as she informed me that even though I had my receipt and I paid with my debit card, there was no way to prove 'I' had bought the item. Flabbergasted by her remark. But wait, there's more, she also showed me the fine print on my receipt that said " All returns are subject to verification and/or approval" below the line which reads in bold: "Simple, if you are unhappy for any reason bring it back with your receipt within 30 days and get your purchase price back."

Clearly Burlington does not honor their return policy agreement. It seems to me that returns are subject to the mood and opinion of the supervisor in charge on that day. Now here comes the icing on the cake, she (store mgr.) took the hair clip and snapped it in place looked at me and said "see, there's nothing wrong with it" smirking at me the entire time. Now I am stuck with a hair clip I don't want that could snap back off at any time. I will NEVER USE IT and I will NEVER spend my money there again. I called their complaint division on 6/26/2017. Was told that someone from the store would call me back and no one. This is no surprise to me now considering how I was treated in the store.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I think it's a darn shame that my mother was given a gift certificate from you all (Lynchburg, Va.) from my father and they told here she couldn't use because she didn't have receipt. It would have been nice if you'll could at least gave her store credit. Don't know if I want to shop there.

Original review: June 4, 2017

They don't even deserve the one star. So I bought some things from Burlington so when I tried the clothes on at home I didn't like it. So I went back to the same store next day and I didn't have any problems returning it. So, I wait one week for the money to show up in my bank account and it didn't show up. I called the customer service. They said it would take another one week for it to show and I waited another week and it still hadn't shown up in the account. This process repeated 2 times, I still don't have my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?

Original review: May 30, 2017

I would like to start by saying that many years ago (15+), I didn't mind going into a Burlington Coat Factory in search of a good deal on a coat. It has been that long since I last visited Burlington Coat Factory Store 161, located at 4020-160 Capital Blvd Raleigh, NC 27604. WOW, what a difference 15 years makes. I cannot believe how run down the shopping center that Burlington Store 161 "anchors" has become. The area feels completely unsafe with individuals loitering in the parking lot, drinking alcohol out of paper bags, suspiciously eyeing you as you walk past. However, I digress as I really wanted to see what the store had to offer and can't necessarily hold them directly responsible for the caliber of the public hanging around the store. It, however, was a good indicator as to how the rest of the visit would unfold.

Upon entering the store, I was greeted by a strange, pungent odor that I can only describe as dirty, stale air mixed with a bit of mold and body odor. Not the kind of scent that puts you in the mood to shop for new clothes. There were very few shopping carts available IN the store. I did however see quite a few in the mile or so leading up to the store and a few more filled with garbage in the parking lot.

Once in the store, I noticed a good deal of the clothes were strewn about the racks as if people were trying them on in the aisles and then discarding them to the racks. Also, there was a disturbing lack of supervision of the customer's children. In fact there were 4 or 5 "children" (I would guess their ages to be between 8 - 14 years) playing an actual game of kickball in the store and a few other dribbling basketballs through the aisles. I also noticed a sales associate feebly attempting to get them to stop, all within earshot of the adults who were with these children.

Pressing on, I made my way to the men's department, hoping to find a decent trench coat (mind you I was not looking for Burberry, however, I was curious to see what was available as BCF USED to stock a variety of decent looking men's outerwear. What I found was a jumbled mess of odd labeled, odd sized, off brand garments that were so messy, I would never have tried them on. Oh, and I found no coat that suit my needs, my needs being something that I could wear over a suit to provide protection from the elements.

Now mind you, I used to understand what Burlington Coat Factory sold, I used to understand their business model and I accepted it. However, it seems as if Burlington Coat Factory has abandoned that model and appears to care less if they stay in business or not. I am not sure who they are catering to currently, but I can tell you that it does not appear to be placing its hopes on customers who have the income to purchase items that would lend to future success.

In fact, as I was leaving, it appeared that there were more customers loudly arguing with staff in what could be called a gutsy attempt to return previously worn items and the same staff arguing with these individuals on why they could not give refunds, let alone cash refunds on items that may or may not have even been purchased at the store. A final note... I will absolutely, never return to BCF for any reason in the foreseeable future, and if BCF continues their current business model, I won't have to worry about returning.

Original review: May 1, 2017

While trying to redeem a coupon for an item purchased. I was told by an employee that I wasn't able to return one single item to be able to use my coupon. I told the employee that many other stores honor my coupons when I purchase merchandise, as long as the coupon hasn't expired. She said "no", that BCF will not honor the coupon. I told her that this policy really sucks!! I will not make any further purchases at Burlington Coat Factory after this experience.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I ordered and PAID for 2 bedding sets from Burlington online store. I received only one. I contacted the customer service department, reported the problem and asked them to send the remaining set ASAP as I need them for house showings. They replied by saying "thank you for your recent return". (Which is a lie, as I never returned anything).

I called in person to ask what was going on and they stated, "that's how we do things". Even though it was their error, the service rep wanted me to do was go through the refund process and start the order over again. I don't have time for that and need 2 matching sets so my only alternative is to go to a Burlington store, return this one and find something else at another store. All they had to do was send me the second set. How's that for the red tape run around... purely so that they don't have to admit a shipping error. Nasty and unethical and so not customer oriented.

Original review: March 22, 2017

On December 10, 2016 I bought a few items from Burlington in Ocean, NJ. I returned a shirt on December 19, 2016 to the Burlington in Freehold, NJ. I bought the item with my American Express Card. The cashier at the Freehold store told me she didn't need to swipe my card in order to refund me. I had not received my refund by January 11, 2017, I went back to the Burlington in Freehold, the Manager took my information and told me she would get back to me. It is now January 30, 2017 and I have not heard from the Manager nor have I received my refund back to card. I have waited patiently long enough. I would like my refund of 9.99. Followup. I called the corporate office and was told I would have my refund by March 10 2017. I still have not received it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I was in Burlington Coat Factory Topeka, KS right before Christmas and I complained to a cashier about being discriminated against as security followed me around the store for no reason. I know security follows people of all races in the U.S. sometimes legitimately, but it's minorities such as ** that get it more. I had just left from purchasing something in their upstairs section, bag and receipt to prove it, went downstairs, started to leave without another purchase when I recognized him following, but I still purchased because I wanted some things for my sons. I had a tiny purse, since I'm a female, and made no moves that looked suspicious.

The stereotype and discrimination has to stop. I am over 40, **, and it's uncomfortable being followed damn near every time I go to a store. I'm close to online shopping only for everything. I'd rather you watch me on your cameras, but not in the dressing room as they just found a camera in their dressing rooms today, probably for this reason. It was on Topeka news today. At least it won't be obvious they're discriminating if they watch us on the cameras. I am gathering information for a topic on this to be ran on the local and national news networks soon.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I went this store to take a pair of shoes back. Give a gift card that had 42 on it. Came back. Bought a pair of boy shoes. Came up to 26 dollars. The cashier asked me how much was left on the paper. As I tell her how much on my card I realize she writing down how much on my card then put my gift card in her drawer. I said to her I need my gift card. She give it back. Told a manager there. He asked like he didn't care!!! Last time the same girl gave half my money back when I took something back to the store. Never went in the drawer to give me my money... My $20 was laying on the side... I'm so tired. I work hard for my money and you go to this store and the workers are robbing you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Went in to Burlington to shop for Christmas. Walked in the store, walked to get a shopping cart and they were only 3 left but all 3 was missing the child seat in them which I had my 1 year old with me. Couldn't find one with the seat so we immediately walked out the door. Burlington lost a customer and money.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I ordered a red coat as a Christmas gift on 12/14/16 and I was super excited that it would arrive before Christmas. On 12/16/16 I received a blue shirt. Not even a coat. Just a random blue shirt. I called Customer Service and spoke with "Denise". She had an unbelievably bad attitude. Did not care about my inconvenience. Suggested that I go to a store to process the return. It's 2 degrees outside. That's why I ordered online. Why not just send me my coat certified and pick up the shirt in one process? Is that difficult? Maybe.

After I asked to speak with a Supervisor, I was placed on hold 20 minutes. Denise came back and said "Tyra" the Supervisor would be with me shortly. 10 more minutes until she came to the line to tell me that the coat is out of stock and aside from refunding my money (3-5 business days), there's nothing else that can be done. POOR EXCUSE FOR A BUSINESS. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. I guess I'll write the corporate office or contact Tyra's supervisor, "Creata" on Monday because of course, she doesn't work weekends. If you're a lawyer, please contact me about this experience.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I will never shop at Burlington Coat Factory again. I purchase a pair of pants at their store in Falls Church, VA back on July 31st, 2016. I purchase it on my debit/credit card. To my knowledge I thought the charge was taken off my account back in July. So on December 6 I get a message from my bank that my account has been overdrawn due to a transaction Burlington Coat Factory charge to my account. I call my bank and they told me that Burlington charge my account for a transaction that was from July 31st. First of all why did it take 5 months for a credit card transaction to go through. Second of all why wasn't I contact by Burlington about the missed transaction before they charge my account 4 months later. Then on top of me calling and emailing them they keep telling me that somebody will contact me back.

Today December 13th I still have not talk to anybody but the customer service reps that keep telling me they are investigating it and that somebody will contact me. I call to speak to a supervisor in which I was told that Tyrah will call me back a couple of days ago, I still haven't heard from her yet. Then today I called back again to talk to the person over her head name Preata and she was in at the time and I was told she would be contacting me as well. I still at time writing this letter have not heard from her either.

I'm so upset for the fact that they overdrawn my account and I had to pay overdraft fee as well as the shorted balance to the rent check that they almost bounce. I had to pay my bank back $49.95. I feel like Burlington Coat factory should refund those charges back to me because clearly it was an error on their behalf and I never know any company to take up to 5 month to charge somebody credit card for a transaction that took place back in July. We talking 5 month later and even if they did discover the error why wasn't it brought to my attention before you charge my account. I'm very disappointed and something need to be done about it. I will be going on social media to let everybody know what Burlington Coat factory did to me and to top it off they are ignoring my calls. Very unprofessional of them. My case number with Burlington Coat Factory is **. Not that it mean much of nothing cause they clearly don't care about their customers.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

On September 16th 2016 I went in to get a car seat for my daughter that would be born on September 17th so just a day before we went in to get it. And then it turned out with Grandma had already bought a baby a car seat so we went back a month later to try to return it without a receipt since I had misplaced the receipt since I went into labor the next day. But I thought since they ask you to leave your phone number in case you lose the receipt I thought I can return it since I gave them my phone number. But to my surprise when I went in somebody didn't do their job right. My phone number was typed my purchase was not found so I was unable to return the car seat that I had purchased on September 16th.

They said they couldn't take it back in because I might have gotten it somewhere else and was trying to return it to their store which is very unfair because the car seat was $89 and something plus tax. And since somebody didn't do their job right now I am stuck with a car seats and the manager didn't even try to help. She didn't even come up to the front register to see if she can figure something out because obviously the car seat is from there. I haven't seen a car seat like this one anywhere else.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Don't Buy Coats Online!! I don't know about their in store products, but Burlington Coat Factory posts their poorly made-cheap ones online. I bought 3 Coats - all for Cold and wet weather since I live in the Northwest. ALL 3 of them - the buttons AND snaps broke and/or were stitched very bad. I had to fix all 3 coats. I had to sew the button holes and the snaps broke and had to fix those as well!! After wearing them 2 times. Since I bought online - returns were near impossible. Don't waste time and money. The sale(s) in the end - ended up costing me more of both.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Never shop through online stores of Burlington. I bought a coat from website - it came and I brought the hideous coat to the stores in Union Square. Although I have been told it would take up to 3-5 business days for me to get my refund, they won't pay my refund and a month has passed! I have sent dozens of e-mails, nobody even cares to respond to me! It is unbelievable! They are not paying me my 70 dollars and they are asking for the receipt. How can they expect me to take track of some piece of paper, while they have the electronic records of everything! I am more than speechless. I will not leave this here.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I am in a yoga class losing weight weekly, so I go try clothes on once a week and the last two times I tried clothes on I have been followed around the store and security has stood outside the dressing room as if I was stealing stuff. Granted it is in a bad location and when you go you can never find shirts that match pants or pants that match shirts because someone is stealing their stuff. However it is not me. I work 40 plus hours, own a home and pay bills. I will not be treated this way and have asked everyone I know not to shop there and I haven't been back since this!!! Thanks for reading and do not shop in Lou., Ky Burlington.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I bought quite a few items at Burlington factory in Utica last summer. A cashier, unfortunately I don't know her name, all I know is she **, checked and priced all my items. I paid everything I bought, but she did not put one blouse in the bag. I did not notice it, but I went out. I checked each bag before put in the car. I found out the blouse was not there. I went back to the store, and I saw the blouse was already hanging back on the rack. I told her "that was my blouse, why you didn't you it give to me?" She did not answer me, but instead asked me to show my receipt. I did, but come on. Show my receipt. I was at the store in less than 5 minutes before. So sketchy!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Recently purchased two boys suits on-line. They arrived and looked nothing like the picture. Both items poorly constructed (hanging threads all over, loose buttons, etc) and very cheap looking fabric. Also, one set had a totally different colored dress shirt from the picture. Disappointing? Yes. End of the world? No, (LOL). Thought I'd just return it. Called customer service number. Was advised of option to return it w/ packing slip at local store for store credit. That's cool, okay.

Fast forward to local Burlington in Clearwater, FL. No customers in line - nice lady welcomes me. She began return process and quickly became confused. I explained that cust. service phone rep. said that I could return it to the store with original packing slip for store credit. My items were still in plastic w/ packing slip and original shipping envelope. She called for help. Older man arrives after several minutes. He asked why I was returning it to the store. I repeated explanation. He rolls his eyes at me and loudly says he needs original email confirmation. I did not have that, but instead opened my Burlington account on my smart phone detailing the entire purchase. It showed sku numbers, dates, prices and order numbers. He rudely told me that he could not use that. Huffs and puffs as he was doing something with the register. Clearly bothered.

Fast forward another five minutes - for four interruptions (cashiers needing help). He was rude to them too! He loudly asked me what customer service number I called because "THAT" was not the policy. I referred him back to my smart phone with the Burlington account open. Return policy was clearly written on the site AND the phone rep. had said the same thing when I called. I was fine with store credit. He gave me cash. Didn't really matter to me. Finally I had enough of his rudeness. Told him that he was not doing me any favors and should be nicer to customers. He could of cared less. I will not return.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Baton Rouge, Louisiana Old Hammond Highway. My wife and I decided to pay a visit to this store after the so many commercials that inundated our brain. Today we headed there. It was cold in the parking lot. When we got in the store, we felt the AC was turned off and no air was blowing at all. I decided to head for the restroom. It smelled awful inside like raw sewage. I could not stay long since I could not breathe. I left the restroom only to hear my wife calling on me to leave the store. It seems some lady could not handle the smell in the store she had to puke on the floor. It is very gross. So different from what you see in their commercials. Do the male managers use different restrooms and as such they do not smell anything?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

A month ago, I bought a Chi ARC automatic rotating curler at Des Moines IA store. So when I bought it, the box was missing a free texture hairspray that was suppose to be there. When I asked why it was missing it, they told me it was lost and the price was already reduced because that, so I paid 59.99 for it. After I tried it I did not like how it works, so I decided to return it. I could not find my receipt, but I thought "hey will still take it back and even if I won't be able to get the money back at least would be able to get a credit store." But I was totally wrong, the customer service person at Davenport IA refused to take it back because it was missing the free hairspray.

I explained to her that I bought it without it, but she did not changed the mind and told me to take it back to Des Moines which it was the place where I bought it. But I took it to this location because it's close to me, Since Des Moines will take me like 3 hrs of drive to get there, and I'm not going to drive that far just to hear the same they told me at Davenport store. So now I paid almost 60 bucks for something that I'm not going to use, just because they want something that was not sell the way they think. I always buy my Christmas gifts here at Burlington Coat Factory at Iowa but I will find another place to do my Christmas shopping. I am sure there is more stores with great prices and better service.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

We been shopping at Burlington coat factory in Phoenix Az for years. Today we went in to buy a $45.00 dollar suit for my son. I had $35 dollars in cash and quarters for the rest the cashier was helping out counting with nobody else in line, I was glad not to be holding up the line when a manager stepped in and said we can't take the loose change because it will take too long to count at the end of the day. $14 dollars in quarters can't take up that much time can it? Is that a good enough reason to not sell something? It took us 2 hours to find the perfect suit for our special event. The floor manager Frank on looked down and wouldn't even make eye contact. We just left the store, don't think I would ever go back.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I had done one order at Burlington Coat Factory's online site after seeing an ad on another page. The problem occurred when I wanted to see something like my account, etc., and I couldn't find the link at their site. (Yeah, sometimes I miss tiny text at my age.) So, I logged into my email and checked the order confirmation where I was able to click a Check This Order link. It took me to a page that had all of my information, name, address, phone, email and it was NOT a secure page. I checked this page in both Chrome and Firefox and both warned it was NOT secure or private.

Called the number on their page - (855) 355-2875 - and chose "Help with web orders" selection, however that person was unable to check or do anything about it saying he would escalate it to "technical". This is dangerous in the age of identity theft. I do not know if their mobile site is secure, however would advise checking if you use your cell phone to make purchases. I will not be making any more online purchases there until they fix the security and privacy issue they currently have.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

My family and I decided to go to Burlington for some clothes. I was very pleased to see clothes in my size being a bigger individual. Once we were ready to get rang up for the merchandise is where it went downhill. The cashier was very rude and unfriendly. We have our son who needs to be in a car seat. Their carts are too small for being car seat friendly. When leaving the store our child almost flew out of the car due to what they say as a magnetic lock on the wheel to prevent customers from taking the carts outside? What store would prevent from using a cart after spending money in their business? We were then approached by a very rude worker who seemed irritated and took the cart from us. Once leaving the store we were almost ran over by a driver, who want to curse at us.

We called the store to speak with the manager in regards to the locks on the carts. We even said we may have not saw the sign if there was one posted. The manager wanted to be extremely rude and unprofessional about the situation asking "how did you not see the sign?" Why would you be that uncaring to a customer who is paying your paycheck? This location and company will never have my business again. Your employees are highly rude and unprofessional. It looks like if you need a job, go to Burlington. They will back alley hire anyone who is breathing. Basically, trash is what they look for in employees. If you keep up with your idea of customer service standard as what I encountered today, good luck on trying to keep the doors open. This location is a joke! Nothing but total trash!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Every time I go into this store on Florin Road the restrooms are always very disgusting. I visited this store a couple of days ago and there was no toilet paper and no toilet seat covers in any of the stalls. I found an associate and let her know how nasty the bathroom was and she replied "we will get to it later". Mind you it was later in the evening and they were not busy at all. This is not okay.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I bought a dress for a July wedding for $49.99. I wasn't crazy about it so I hung it in my closet with the tags still on. A couple of weeks later I found a dress I liked better which I wore to the wedding. I went to return the dress to Burlington and was told because it was after the 30-day return (it was 50 days) period I could only get a refund of $34.99 and only as a store credit. The cashier claimed that there was no way to "override" the register to even credit my debit card. So now I have a lousy $34.99 gift card to a store I never want to shop in ever again. The dress was still in season and had the tags on and was obviously never worn. Terrible policy and they have lost me as a customer. Maybe I'll donate the gift card.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I wanted to buy a bottle of obsession. I checked the price on line. I forget what size. I then went to a local rite aid. The price at rite aid was $10-$15 cheaper than at burlington. I thought all prices were supposed to be cheaper for all products. I guess not.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I usually have great experiences at Burlington, but I do not quite know what to make of this incident. I found an item of clothing that I liked, so I took it to the register to pay. The item was in perfect condition, but the cashier seemed so hostile. I am guessing she does not like ** people, and she looked like Mexican or something. Anyway, she bagged the item, and I tied the bag in a knot so that my fashion jewelry items would not fall out. When I got home, I placed the bag on a table, and the next morning I opened the bag, and put the item on. That is when I noticed that the decorative chain was broken, and the gold metal decorative bar was missing. It was not in the bag at all, and I know that it was intact, and very sturdy when I took it to her register.

I immediately returned it, and spoke with a woman claiming to be a manager. She thought it was okay for the cashier to rip it off because she dismissed me completely, and said I should return it. Of course I was there to return it, but there are cameras in that store. I am pretty sure. So why is it okay for an employee to vandalize? If she tore it off by accident, and I cannot imagine how that could be an accident. She should have said something before bagging it. These two ought to be fired. The name of the cashier is Madonna, over at the Arcadia, Calif. store. The store # is 00195. The date is 9/10/16. The transaction # is **. The time 7:12 PM. The register # is ** Visa Card. Total $31.57.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Wow! Wish I had done this process before purchasing from Burlington Coat Factory at 2920 SW Military Drive in San Antonio, TX!!! On July 15, 2016 I purchased several back-to-school outfits and as usually happens because of the bulk of clothes, one of the items did not get the security alarm tag removed. Oddly enough, when I walked out the sensor did not go off.

Yesterday, 8-18-2016 I took the item back to get the tag removed and the poor cashier requested my receipt. Of course I did not have it. But she made a half effort to look in the computer/register by my phone number (as they ask for that when you purchase) and asked me when I thought I had purchased. I said maybe late July... just couldn't remember. She said, "It's not showing up here". But may I add, she made a point of saying it so loud so that people in line (cause there's always a line ala Walmart) could hear. She said other items are showing up but not this particular item. I asked for a manager. (Now I'm laughing after reading all the complaints on this site! Where do they get these people??) So another "cashier" replies, "that would be **". Then she adds, "but we don't take off the security tags without a receipt".

Now, being that this was THEIR mistake - as I pointed out to her - she just "plopped" the item on the counter. By this time the folks in line are looking at me as if I had shoplifted the item. BUT... once I got home I found my receipt! I am so looking forward to returning today and will politely tell the cashier and/or manager to eat the security tag for lunch. I would add a copy of my receipt but again, from reading the reviews of this store, I don't want my card double charged!! ;)

Burlington Coat Factory Company Information