2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (237 ratings)

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?

Original review: May 4, 2021

I returned 2 dresses on 5/3/2021 that I purchased from the Saginaw store on 4/28/2021. The young cashier provided me with a store credit instead of cash back. I politely asked for cash because it was returned within 30 days and I had my receipt. She called another associate for assistance. Olivia came to the register and rudely said "what is the problem?" I explained I wanted a cash return rather than a store credit. She sighed and walked to a different register. She rudely threw the money at me. I picked it up and counted it, to make sure it was the correct amount. I asked if she knew how to correctly count money. She said "you should not even be getting cash back." Proceeding to tell me the manager told her to give me cash.

I asked why I should not get cash back. "It has probably been over 30 days." I told her it was less than a week that I purchased the dresses. I asked to speak with a manager, and she refused to call for one. I asked again. She called her manager and said "She is on lunch and can not come." This associate Olivia is rude, unprofessional and has no people skills. She should not be working in customer service. I will never return to this store, and highly recommend people not shop there unless you want poor customer service.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I attempted to return items (coats) for my son that did not fit them with the receipt. Unable to return it, and I was treated as a thief suspect. Now, I have two coats, that do not fit them, and one was on a discounted and I was charged a different price. Their POS is broken, or the databases are not updating in real-time. Their customer service and inventory system is outdated!! PLEASE DO NOT SHOP THERE!!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I think this company's policy of not reissuing an expired rewards is very fraudulent. I signed up for paperless statements and thereafter I was not receiving any more statements. I kept asking in store about my rewards and also called Comenity Bank to enquire on the status of rewards, because I was concerned that I had spent a significant amount of money and no reward was forthcoming. On 11/25 I was informed by a rep. from Comenity Bank that a reward of $20 was mailed to me.

With no reward in sight I transmitted another call today, only to be told that based on my going paperless, rewards were no longer issued by mail. I explained both to Comenity and Burlington reps that I should not be held accountable, since I was not aware of this change until today, However after approximately two hours on the phone no ONE could assist me. I eventually was told to log on to the website, where to my surprise I had two expired rewards ($20 and $5). All I am told is that it is the company's policy not to reissue any expired rewards.

I am enrolled in paperless for Victoria Secret, Belk, JCP, Macy's, Staples etc. I still get their rewards in the mail. I tried un-relentlessly to have my rewards reinstated but to no avail. Ironically the representative from Comenity Bank was able to immediately reissue my Victoria Secret reward which I lost, however he informed me that Burlington has not authorized them to issue replacement rewards coupons. I then called Burlington directly and was told by "the manager" that this is their policy. Very shady practice. I am seriously considering boycotting this store for the time being. That is just their shady way of making a profit. Was a big fan of theirs until this situation unfolded.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I try on a jacket and manager told me not to. It's against policy. I took it off, left it. Was angry so she goes to the front telling security about me. I told her, "Man you told me ok I understand. Don’t go telling my business other." She called me nasty and to get out the store. I felt really embarrassed and told her when I’m done paying I will leave. She has no right yelled and in top of that humiliate me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

3 employees at the Burlington Coat Factory on Kellogg in Wichita, KS were not wearing masks. 2 were wearing them under their nose and 1 was wearing it on one ear dangling down. I asked the cashier politely to pull it up over her nose while she helped me. She refused, and her associate who was next to her pulled her mask down under her chin and pressed her face up to the glass yelling that they didn't have to do what I asked and no one can tell them what to do. I politely again restated that I have immune issues and would appreciate if they would wear a mask properly so I could check out my (Over 100$) purchase.

A manager came up and explained that it was hot and that some of them didn't have to wear a mask. And I explained to her my concerns. She allowed the employee who had pressed her face to the glass and yelled at me to glare at me, despite me being polite. Masks should be required for a cashier. No questions, we have rampant community spread here, I lost my grandmother to Covid. This was the most unprofessional experience I've ever had at a Burlington and I feel very mistreated.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I made a purchase pre-COVID, when I originally tried to return, the store was closed. I happened to drive by the other day and noticed that the store had opened back up, so a few days later grabbed my return and headed to the store with receipt in hand. Paid $24.99 for pair of kids' shoes and they tried to refund me $8.00 less than what I paid. When I spoke to the manager John **, he would not budge on this. Stated that they only offered returns for the first 30 days after they reopened the store. Very smug!!! I know we are not talking a lot of money here, but under the circumstances, COVID, they should refund the entire amount! Truth is I probably would have turned around and spent 10 times that in the store that day! Horrible.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I went to 2 locations and was denied access; the hours on the doors stated that the store closed at 9 not 7:30pm. I was told I couldn’t come into your Glen Burnie and then your Arundel Mills locations based on lines moving too slow. I work in leadership in retail and would never deny access before we actually closed; although you're busy and I do understand that; inconveniencing customers by denying access seems to be definitely not the way to win your customers back. At both locations both people were very rude and seemed unhappy with the number of people in their stores. All I could say was wow a walk back to my car. Maybe your company should update your store hours on the window to notify customers of the time change. Just food for thought. 50% off promotions can’t be the only leg you stand on; how good is your service and how good are your people....ask yourself.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I ordered an item online and they shipped the wrong size item - medium instead of large. Burlington doesn't really want to cover the $7.99 so they wanted me to drive 40 miles to the nearest store to do an exchange. Then they decided I could ship the merchandise back and, after they received it, in about 10 days they would issue a credit and I could buy something else online. Then I would pay shipping again and, after that they would try to refund the shipping for the 2nd time, not the 1st time. Finally I did return the merchandise to the store to save the hassle and 2 weeks to return it by mail and get a refund from that - and the store would not do anything about the shipping charges I paid for incorrect merchandise. So, I used the gift card from the store to order more stuff online, had to pay shipping again, and now hoping to get a refund for the 2nd shipping charges. What a terrible company to do business with! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I have contacted the Customer Service at Burlington Head Office to tell my story. The closest Burlington from Montreal is located at 3 hours drive from here. I have told them that my last visit in US was in mid-November last year. We went back last week-end February in Manchester NH for a return dated from November and they markdown their price for 4 items returned for a total value of near 30$ US. I tell the my story at customer service and they did nothing. No coupons, no cash card, no store credit. Nothing. So forget about me as a loyal customer as I am really frustrated of this situation.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I placed an order - never received it. I contacted customer service and was told it was showing as 'delivered.' I work from home, if any packages arrive, I am the first to get them - hence, why I know no packages were delivered. I told her that, and she told me to call my local police department and file a complaint, because obviously someone stole it. Huh??? Instead of just offering to contact FedEx, she insisted that I call the police. So I did. I know, that was so dumb of me, but I figured she knew what she was talking about.

I called my local precinct and explained that my package was missing. The receptionist said, "Why are you calling us?" - I told her that the customer service rep told me to. She asked if I knew for certain someone stole it - I said no, of course not. She then asked if it was possible that the package was delivered to the wrong address. I said, "I guess so?" Grrrrr, I felt like an idiot that I was wasting not only her time, but mine as well. It was my naive self that listened to the customer service rep. Now I have to call back Burlington and pray I have someone who knows what they're talking about who can actually help me.

Burlington Coat Factory Company Information