Burlington Coat Factory

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went this store to take a pair of shoes back. Give a gift card that had 42 on it. Came back. Bought a pair of boy shoes. Came up to 26 dollars. The cashier asked me how much was left on the paper. As I tell her how much on my card I realize she writing down how much on my card then put my gift card in her drawer. I said to her I need my gift card. She give it back. Told a manager there. He asked like he didn't care!!! Last time the same girl gave half my money back when I took something back to the store. Never went in the drawer to give me my money... My $20 was laying on the side... I'm so tired. I work hard for my money and you go to this store and the workers are robbing you.

Went in to Burlington to shop for Christmas. Walked in the store, walked to get a shopping cart and they were only 3 left but all 3 was missing the child seat in them which I had my 1 year old with me. Couldn't find one with the seat so we immediately walked out the door. Burlington lost a customer and money.

I ordered a red coat as a Christmas gift on 12/14/16 and I was super excited that it would arrive before Christmas. On 12/16/16 I received a blue shirt. Not even a coat. Just a random blue shirt. I called Customer Service and spoke with "Denise". She had an unbelievably bad attitude. Did not care about my inconvenience. Suggested that I go to a store to process the return. It's 2 degrees outside. That's why I ordered online. Why not just send me my coat certified and pick up the shirt in one process? Is that difficult? Maybe.

After I asked to speak with a Supervisor, I was placed on hold 20 minutes. Denise came back and said "Tyra" the Supervisor would be with me shortly. 10 more minutes until she came to the line to tell me that the coat is out of stock and aside from refunding my money (3-5 business days), there's nothing else that can be done. POOR EXCUSE FOR A BUSINESS. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. I guess I'll write the corporate office or contact Tyra's supervisor, "Creata" on Monday because of course, she doesn't work weekends. If you're a lawyer, please contact me about this experience.

I will never shop at Burlington Coat Factory again. I purchase a pair of pants at their store in Falls Church, VA back on July 31st, 2016. I purchase it on my debit/credit card. To my knowledge I thought the charge was taken off my account back in July. So on December 6 I get a message from my bank that my account has been overdrawn due to a transaction Burlington Coat Factory charge to my account. I call my bank and they told me that Burlington charge my account for a transaction that was from July 31st. First of all why did it take 5 months for a credit card transaction to go through. Second of all why wasn't I contact by Burlington about the missed transaction before they charge my account 4 months later. Then on top of me calling and emailing them they keep telling me that somebody will contact me back.

Today December 13th I still have not talk to anybody but the customer service reps that keep telling me they are investigating it and that somebody will contact me. I call to speak to a supervisor in which I was told that Tyrah will call me back a couple of days ago, I still haven't heard from her yet. Then today I called back again to talk to the person over her head name Preata and she was in at the time and I was told she would be contacting me as well. I still at time writing this letter have not heard from her either.

I'm so upset for the fact that they overdrawn my account and I had to pay overdraft fee as well as the shorted balance to the rent check that they almost bounce. I had to pay my bank back $49.95. I feel like Burlington Coat factory should refund those charges back to me because clearly it was an error on their behalf and I never know any company to take up to 5 month to charge somebody credit card for a transaction that took place back in July. We talking 5 month later and even if they did discover the error why wasn't it brought to my attention before you charge my account. I'm very disappointed and something need to be done about it. I will be going on social media to let everybody know what Burlington Coat factory did to me and to top it off they are ignoring my calls. Very unprofessional of them. My case number with Burlington Coat Factory is **. Not that it mean much of nothing cause they clearly don't care about their customers.

On September 16th 2016 I went in to get a car seat for my daughter that would be born on September 17th so just a day before we went in to get it. And then it turned out with Grandma had already bought a baby a car seat so we went back a month later to try to return it without a receipt since I had misplaced the receipt since I went into labor the next day. But I thought since they ask you to leave your phone number in case you lose the receipt I thought I can return it since I gave them my phone number. But to my surprise when I went in somebody didn't do their job right. My phone number was typed my purchase was not found so I was unable to return the car seat that I had purchased on September 16th.

They said they couldn't take it back in because I might have gotten it somewhere else and was trying to return it to their store which is very unfair because the car seat was $89 and something plus tax. And since somebody didn't do their job right now I am stuck with a car seats and the manager didn't even try to help. She didn't even come up to the front register to see if she can figure something out because obviously the car seat is from there. I haven't seen a car seat like this one anywhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?

Don't Buy Coats Online!! I don't know about their in store products, but Burlington Coat Factory posts their poorly made-cheap ones online. I bought 3 Coats - all for Cold and wet weather since I live in the Northwest. ALL 3 of them - the buttons AND snaps broke and/or were stitched very bad. I had to fix all 3 coats. I had to sew the button holes and the snaps broke and had to fix those as well!! After wearing them 2 times. Since I bought online - returns were near impossible. Don't waste time and money. The sale(s) in the end - ended up costing me more of both.

Never shop through online stores of Burlington. I bought a coat from website - it came and I brought the hideous coat to the stores in Union Square. Although I have been told it would take up to 3-5 business days for me to get my refund, they won't pay my refund and a month has passed! I have sent dozens of e-mails, nobody even cares to respond to me! It is unbelievable! They are not paying me my 70 dollars and they are asking for the receipt. How can they expect me to take track of some piece of paper, while they have the electronic records of everything! I am more than speechless. I will not leave this here.

I am in a yoga class losing weight weekly, so I go try clothes on once a week and the last two times I tried clothes on I have been followed around the store and security has stood outside the dressing room as if I was stealing stuff. Granted it is in a bad location and when you go you can never find shirts that match pants or pants that match shirts because someone is stealing their stuff. However it is not me. I work 40 plus hours, own a home and pay bills. I will not be treated this way and have asked everyone I know not to shop there and I haven't been back since this!!! Thanks for reading and do not shop in Lou., Ky Burlington.

I bought quite a few items at Burlington factory in Utica last summer. A cashier, unfortunately I don't know her name, all I know is she **, checked and priced all my items. I paid everything I bought, but she did not put one blouse in the bag. I did not notice it, but I went out. I checked each bag before put in the car. I found out the blouse was not there. I went back to the store, and I saw the blouse was already hanging back on the rack. I told her "that was my blouse, why you didn't you it give to me?" She did not answer me, but instead asked me to show my receipt. I did, but come on. Show my receipt. I was at the store in less than 5 minutes before. So sketchy!

Recently purchased two boys suits on-line. They arrived and looked nothing like the picture. Both items poorly constructed (hanging threads all over, loose buttons, etc) and very cheap looking fabric. Also, one set had a totally different colored dress shirt from the picture. Disappointing? Yes. End of the world? No, (LOL). Thought I'd just return it. Called customer service number. Was advised of option to return it w/ packing slip at local store for store credit. That's cool, okay.

Fast forward to local Burlington in Clearwater, FL. No customers in line - nice lady welcomes me. She began return process and quickly became confused. I explained that cust. service phone rep. said that I could return it to the store with original packing slip for store credit. My items were still in plastic w/ packing slip and original shipping envelope. She called for help. Older man arrives after several minutes. He asked why I was returning it to the store. I repeated explanation. He rolls his eyes at me and loudly says he needs original email confirmation. I did not have that, but instead opened my Burlington account on my smart phone detailing the entire purchase. It showed sku numbers, dates, prices and order numbers. He rudely told me that he could not use that. Huffs and puffs as he was doing something with the register. Clearly bothered.

Fast forward another five minutes - for four interruptions (cashiers needing help). He was rude to them too! He loudly asked me what customer service number I called because "THAT" was not the policy. I referred him back to my smart phone with the Burlington account open. Return policy was clearly written on the site AND the phone rep. had said the same thing when I called. I was fine with store credit. He gave me cash. Didn't really matter to me. Finally I had enough of his rudeness. Told him that he was not doing me any favors and should be nicer to customers. He could of cared less. I will not return.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana Old Hammond Highway. My wife and I decided to pay a visit to this store after the so many commercials that inundated our brain. Today we headed there. It was cold in the parking lot. When we got in the store, we felt the AC was turned off and no air was blowing at all. I decided to head for the restroom. It smelled awful inside like raw sewage. I could not stay long since I could not breathe. I left the restroom only to hear my wife calling on me to leave the store. It seems some lady could not handle the smell in the store she had to puke on the floor. It is very gross. So different from what you see in their commercials. Do the male managers use different restrooms and as such they do not smell anything?

A month ago, I bought a Chi ARC automatic rotating curler at Des Moines IA store. So when I bought it, the box was missing a free texture hairspray that was suppose to be there. When I asked why it was missing it, they told me it was lost and the price was already reduced because that, so I paid 59.99 for it. After I tried it I did not like how it works, so I decided to return it. I could not find my receipt, but I thought "hey will still take it back and even if I won't be able to get the money back at least would be able to get a credit store." But I was totally wrong, the customer service person at Davenport IA refused to take it back because it was missing the free hairspray.

I explained to her that I bought it without it, but she did not changed the mind and told me to take it back to Des Moines which it was the place where I bought it. But I took it to this location because it's close to me, Since Des Moines will take me like 3 hrs of drive to get there, and I'm not going to drive that far just to hear the same they told me at Davenport store. So now I paid almost 60 bucks for something that I'm not going to use, just because they want something that was not sell the way they think. I always buy my Christmas gifts here at Burlington Coat Factory at Iowa but I will find another place to do my Christmas shopping. I am sure there is more stores with great prices and better service.

We been shopping at Burlington coat factory in Phoenix Az for years. Today we went in to buy a $45.00 dollar suit for my son. I had $35 dollars in cash and quarters for the rest the cashier was helping out counting with nobody else in line, I was glad not to be holding up the line when a manager stepped in and said we can't take the loose change because it will take too long to count at the end of the day. $14 dollars in quarters can't take up that much time can it? Is that a good enough reason to not sell something? It took us 2 hours to find the perfect suit for our special event. The floor manager Frank on looked down and wouldn't even make eye contact. We just left the store, don't think I would ever go back.

I had done one order at Burlington Coat Factory's online site after seeing an ad on another page. The problem occurred when I wanted to see something like my account, etc., and I couldn't find the link at their site. (Yeah, sometimes I miss tiny text at my age.) So, I logged into my email and checked the order confirmation where I was able to click a Check This Order link. It took me to a page that had all of my information, name, address, phone, email and it was NOT a secure page. I checked this page in both Chrome and Firefox and both warned it was NOT secure or private.

Called the number on their page - (855) 355-2875 - and chose "Help with web orders" selection, however that person was unable to check or do anything about it saying he would escalate it to "technical". This is dangerous in the age of identity theft. I do not know if their mobile site is secure, however would advise checking if you use your cell phone to make purchases. I will not be making any more online purchases there until they fix the security and privacy issue they currently have.

My family and I decided to go to Burlington for some clothes. I was very pleased to see clothes in my size being a bigger individual. Once we were ready to get rang up for the merchandise is where it went downhill. The cashier was very rude and unfriendly. We have our son who needs to be in a car seat. Their carts are too small for being car seat friendly. When leaving the store our child almost flew out of the car due to what they say as a magnetic lock on the wheel to prevent customers from taking the carts outside? What store would prevent from using a cart after spending money in their business? We were then approached by a very rude worker who seemed irritated and took the cart from us. Once leaving the store we were almost ran over by a driver, who want to curse at us.

We called the store to speak with the manager in regards to the locks on the carts. We even said we may have not saw the sign if there was one posted. The manager wanted to be extremely rude and unprofessional about the situation asking "how did you not see the sign?" Why would you be that uncaring to a customer who is paying your paycheck? This location and company will never have my business again. Your employees are highly rude and unprofessional. It looks like if you need a job, go to Burlington. They will back alley hire anyone who is breathing. Basically, trash is what they look for in employees. If you keep up with your idea of customer service standard as what I encountered today, good luck on trying to keep the doors open. This location is a joke! Nothing but total trash!

Every time I go into this store on Florin Road the restrooms are always very disgusting. I visited this store a couple of days ago and there was no toilet paper and no toilet seat covers in any of the stalls. I found an associate and let her know how nasty the bathroom was and she replied "we will get to it later". Mind you it was later in the evening and they were not busy at all. This is not okay.

I bought a dress for a July wedding for $49.99. I wasn't crazy about it so I hung it in my closet with the tags still on. A couple of weeks later I found a dress I liked better which I wore to the wedding. I went to return the dress to Burlington and was told because it was after the 30-day return (it was 50 days) period I could only get a refund of $34.99 and only as a store credit. The cashier claimed that there was no way to "override" the register to even credit my debit card. So now I have a lousy $34.99 gift card to a store I never want to shop in ever again. The dress was still in season and had the tags on and was obviously never worn. Terrible policy and they have lost me as a customer. Maybe I'll donate the gift card.

I wanted to buy a bottle of obsession. I checked the price on line. I forget what size. I then went to a local rite aid. The price at rite aid was $10-$15 cheaper than at burlington. I thought all prices were supposed to be cheaper for all products. I guess not.

I usually have great experiences at Burlington, but I do not quite know what to make of this incident. I found an item of clothing that I liked, so I took it to the register to pay. The item was in perfect condition, but the cashier seemed so hostile. I am guessing she does not like ** people, and she looked like Mexican or something. Anyway, she bagged the item, and I tied the bag in a knot so that my fashion jewelry items would not fall out. When I got home, I placed the bag on a table, and the next morning I opened the bag, and put the item on. That is when I noticed that the decorative chain was broken, and the gold metal decorative bar was missing. It was not in the bag at all, and I know that it was intact, and very sturdy when I took it to her register.

I immediately returned it, and spoke with a woman claiming to be a manager. She thought it was okay for the cashier to rip it off because she dismissed me completely, and said I should return it. Of course I was there to return it, but there are cameras in that store. I am pretty sure. So why is it okay for an employee to vandalize? If she tore it off by accident, and I cannot imagine how that could be an accident. She should have said something before bagging it. These two ought to be fired. The name of the cashier is Madonna, over at the Arcadia, Calif. store. The store # is 00195. The date is 9/10/16. The transaction # is **. The time 7:12 PM. The register # is ** Visa Card. Total $31.57.

Wow! Wish I had done this process before purchasing from Burlington Coat Factory at 2920 SW Military Drive in San Antonio, TX!!! On July 15, 2016 I purchased several back-to-school outfits and as usually happens because of the bulk of clothes, one of the items did not get the security alarm tag removed. Oddly enough, when I walked out the sensor did not go off.

Yesterday, 8-18-2016 I took the item back to get the tag removed and the poor cashier requested my receipt. Of course I did not have it. But she made a half effort to look in the computer/register by my phone number (as they ask for that when you purchase) and asked me when I thought I had purchased. I said maybe late July... just couldn't remember. She said, "It's not showing up here". But may I add, she made a point of saying it so loud so that people in line (cause there's always a line ala Walmart) could hear. She said other items are showing up but not this particular item. I asked for a manager. (Now I'm laughing after reading all the complaints on this site! Where do they get these people??) So another "cashier" replies, "that would be **". Then she adds, "but we don't take off the security tags without a receipt".

Now, being that this was THEIR mistake - as I pointed out to her - she just "plopped" the item on the counter. By this time the folks in line are looking at me as if I had shoplifted the item. BUT... once I got home I found my receipt! I am so looking forward to returning today and will politely tell the cashier and/or manager to eat the security tag for lunch. I would add a copy of my receipt but again, from reading the reviews of this store, I don't want my card double charged!! ;)

Were you aware that Burlington Coat factory has a secret policy that could block your legitimate returns? They have an agency counting the number of returns you make, and when you go over that number you will be blocked from returning for 180 days. Of course, this policy is not posted anywhere in the store, nor or the managers and other employees aware of it. I went to return a purchase within 4 days of purchase and my return was blocked. The store manager tried to override and then was on the phone for over an hour talking to higher-ups, and was told there was nothing they could do. I am pursuing legal action against BCF.

Please do not put anything on layaway at Burlington. I spent an hour in the store only to see that the person who was helping me was also confused about how to complete the layaway. As a result I got frustrated and did not purchase what I had on layaway. I opt for store credit and purchase something else with it. I was so confused that I will not go back in that store again until they change their layaway system. I will go to Macy's or Marshalls.

I was able to visit the Burlington in Tracy and the one in LA and both stores needed more salespeople! If you needed assistance, it may be difficult to find one because of the lack of staff. They are very large stores and they offer a lot and you can find almost everything here. They have clothes, toys, shoes, luggage, handbags, accessories. It is a very good place to find very cheap goods - you just have to be patient enough to look for worthy finds. They carry designer brands like Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, Penguin, Sperry, Florsheim and the likes so it is definitely worth a visit if you have the time and money to splurge.

The Hallandale store, nr. 00491, FL 33009, is not respecting the company customer satisfaction policy: "If for any reason you are not satisfied with the purchase, just bring it back within 30 days with your receipt". I bought a pair of leather shoes Sperry Top Sider. After wearing the shoes for a few days, the tread in the stitches started to slide out, making the shoe unwearable. I went back to the store timely and was refused a refund for the defective shoes because the shoes were worn. The supervisor was incompetent, the assistant store manager was rude, refusing to give me her name, and the store manager Donald ** was unreachable.

Burlington Coat Factory at 140 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California is a disaster. I bought a pair of shoes in January of 2016 that I felt would be comfortable for me at work since I stand up for 10 hours at work. When I wanted to wear the shoe after about 3 weeks of purchase I discovered that the upper left side of the lace hole of both pairs was defective. It was slit open so it could not hold a lace. I took it back to the store to exchange it with a functional one but the store female supervisor refused to accept it even though the tags were still there and the shoe was never worn.

She even accused me of causing the defect which I presumed could be a factory defect. I was so frustrated that I left the shoe in the store and called Burlington corporate office. I was eventually asked to speak to the store manager, Brian who affirmed that they do not accept defective returns. Woo!!! Not only were Burlington staff rude but accusing a loyal customer of purposely destroying a $32.00 shoe is unfathomable and unethical. Burlington return policy is a disaster. The staff require training. Check carefully what you buy at Burlington Coat Factory because you may end up with a defective item like the shoe I left behind. They may have put it back on the shelve for sale.

I ordered a juniors dress online for my daughter's graduation. The dress had a horrible, very visible snag all across the front so I called Customer Service to have another one sent out & I would return this one. I was told to take photos of the damage and reply to their email. So I did. They offered me a 10% discount on an item that cannot be worn so I called back. I was offered free shipping if I reorder, but I have to pay the shipping up front when I reorder the dress and then call to get a refund. Asked for an email confirming this and was given an attitude. This is incredibly poor customer service - and I do not see shipping refund being easy. Hoping my daughter finds a dress she likes as well, and I will NEVER shop at Burlington Coat Factory again, online or stores. If zero stars was an option, that is what I would give.

My daughter just had a baby and none of her before baby clothes fit. We had been having a hard time finding plus sized jeans locally under $60 bucks, so a friend suggested Burlington Coat Factory as one just opened in our town. I checked online and sure enough they had her size in the style and wash she wanted for just $12.99 a pair. Instead of getting out as I am disabled I sent the husband to load my prepaid debit with cash so we could just order the ones she wanted and not risk them being out of stock in store. They according to the website only had 3 of one pair left and 6 of the other.

I went and placed both in my cart and checked out. I filled out my card information (mind you I shop online with this card at least twice a week) and hit submit. It came back rejected. I thought it was because I used my daughters address as the shipping address so I changed it to match the billing (IE I used my address) and hit submit again, and again it was rejected. I opened another window and logged into my cards website and I see the first charge and then a immediate credit back but the 2nd charge is showing as posted with no credit back. I called Burlington and because there was no order actually made (because it was declined) then they had no way to even help me out, saying, "If it was declined then we may have made a hold for the amount but we didn't charge you."

I assured him it was a posted charge and again in the most rude tone I was taken through the steps that happen, although I am a seasoned vet at all this banking crap, thanks to years and years of online orders and mishaps. I thanked the man and just got off the phone so I could call my GoBank card and find out if this was for sure a charge or just a pending/hold that would fall off in 3/5 days as I understand does happen.

Once I spoke with three people at my bank they assured me it was a charge and that they were trying to charge again. She closed that card out and now I get to wait 7 days for my new card to even access the funds that are still in the account. I understand my bank did this to prevent additional charges from Burlington. I never even had an order number but that didn't stop them from taking over $35 bucks. I am now waiting till 5/3 to see if the charges fall off. If not my card company will work with me to dispute the charge. All this because I wanted to save myself the trip and order my daughter a few pair of jeans. Now I have to go out and buy her jeans tomorrow and fight for up to 45 days for the cash I already paid Burlington for two pairs... This was my first and last experience dealing with Burlington, and will never step foot in the one they built here this year.

Cashier lady was very rude/trying to make the return very personal. I wanted my money returned to be back to my debit account which I paid with initially, and which most store do that. She said she can't do that and she only can give to me cash. I asked to talk to the manager. Unfortunately the manager backed her; that's not what bothered me, her tone and the way she was saying "she didn't believe me" and how she was trying to argue back with me and making it personal instead... This was very very unprofessional of her. She needs to learn to deal with customers without including herself. I will never back there. Awful place.

I am a "frequent flyer" at Burlington. I love the quality of their merchandise and clothes. On the afternoon of 3/31/2016 I visited the Snellville Burlington on Highway 78. I'd been eyeing a tufted bench I wanted for my bedroom but of course wanted to take advantage of the layaway option. After standing in line on my lunch break I was told by the cashier that there was no space of my layaway item. There was no alternative give by management at all.

I then asked if they could discount the item for their lack of space and the cashier said "NO." I wanted the bench so bad and the only option she offered was to drive two hours away for a layaway. WOW! I just had to let my voice be heard, the professionalism at this Burlington is sub-par all the time. This time I just couldn't ignore it. It was the worst!!! There has to be some solution to this lack of customer service.

I placed an order online. I later received a confirmation email that my order had shipped. A few days later I got an email that said four of the item I ordered were unavailable. When I received my order, I was missing an item and two of the items were mis-sized. I also got a random pair of Men's Size 52 black denim shorts in my box! Customer service would not send me a prepaid shipping label to return the items that didn't fit. They did credit me for the missing item but I was counting on it to come, so that was disappointing. The four items that I was told were shipped, later became unavailable. Customer service said it's because their website only updates inventory once a day. I was all around very disappointed and will not shop online with Burlington ever again!

Burlington Coat Factory Company Profile