2.7/5 (624 ratings)

About Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Burlington Coat Factory?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Updated on 01/17/2023: On December 10, 2022, I went to the Winter Garden Burlington store and made a purchase for some pants. The next day I brought back 2 pants which the sales agent made a mistake and instead of a refund made 2 even exchanges. I sent the receipts to Stephanie, the phone manager for customer service who is the supposed phone manager for customer service, the receipts.

It's been a month and still no proper answer then I get a call from Donna who is the store manager for the Dillard location on 1/16/2022. She called me very rudely and I want her call pulled (around 4:30 pm EST). She called me on the 16th of January stating she was authorized by Stephanie to refund me for 1 pant. I advised her the sales agent messed up and even sent Stephanie the receipt for the re-purchase from me to show it was not an even exchange.

Today, (1/17/2023) I went to the store to collect my money which was okayed by Stephanie. The rude manager Donna was present and denied me the $20.00 and said she was only authorized to give me $9.00. She talked over me and got loud with me in the store and on the phone. She even told me in the store she can pull the cameras to see what I bought. I want someone to pull the cameras and see this was not an even exchange...I want a corporate manager to call me. She claimed called me several times, but I have not gotten any messages from Donna. I will not buy from Burlington again and they can see I spend hundreds in those days of receipts. I am done with them.

Original Review: I returned clothing on December the 11th of 2022 and the sales associate said I would get a refund for $20.00. I never got the refund and Burlington demanded us for my receipts. I sent the receipts on the return and they only made a decision after a month to refund me 9.00 or so per the store manager. I finally found my repurchase email and sent it to them. I am done with this store who will not refund me what I am owed and will not correct their associate's mistake at the Daniels Road store in Winter Garden Florida. They stole my money and I am never going to buy back from them again. I am taking it to the state attorney and the BBB as well....Just for the matter they have managers who do not return your call and for $20.00 they take forever to run a case. I finally sent them all the receipts of repurchase and still have to wait for a manager to call me. Just refund me the $20.00.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Only two cashiers for a 150 ft line. This is in the Mall of the America store at Miami FL. This is every day. Clients just drop items and leave! This is why online ordering is so successful. Incredible!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Burlington, Hawthorne, CA. I had the most horrifying shopping experience of my life at this Burlington Store at Hawthorne. On September 28, 2022 at 9:30 AM. I went to this Burlington store. As I was walking towards the store from the parking lot, I ran into a mall security person and I said to him that the sign in front of the store says that it should be open by 9am, but I was here yesterday at 9:20am with few other customers and it was still not open; so I hope they are open by now since it was already 9:30am. The security person actually replied and said that they always open late and he does not know why. I walked into the store and informed one of the floor staff that I was here yesterday at about 9:20am but the store was not open even though the sign says that they open at 9am. She did not say much but she did reply and said “oh, it was yesterday”.

I started to look at some men’s clothing. After 5 minutes, the same floor staff came to me and said, “The store manager asked you to leave now.” I asked her why but she said she does not know. I then walked out of the store. This store needs a new manager! She asked me to leave without any reason! It was extremely disrespectful and insulting! It appears that she did not want me in the store because I “complained” that the store was not open on time?! The Burlington management should look into this matter.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

The dressing rooms at the Florence, Kentucky location are only open on the weekends. That’s super inconvenient for customers. One of the associates suggested I buy everything I was interested in and try them on in the bathroom and return what I don’t want! What?! That’s disgusting! Is this what’s happening in your stores?! If there’s not enough people working there, why not just close this location? Good grief!

Original review: July 30, 2022

I’ve been going to this store fore years. I used to able to find what I wanted or something else. I can walk in the store and turn right around. The clothes are still last season’s fashion or they don’t have your size.. The show selection sucks. Underwear isn’t enough sizes.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Today I didn't call ahead for the layaway. The other employees made it seem like it didn't matter. I got pushed off to the side. If I was able to pay online like Kmart, I can book the time for pickup. That way I wouldn't have to stand to the other side of a line or nobody talk to me on phone.

Original review: March 5, 2022

My mother and I was in the store in Louisville KY, at 3560 Bardstown Road. My mom is a heavy smoker and has a smoker's cough (bronchitis). She was getting a stare down by two employees so bad that I asked them what was wrong. They stated that my mother coughing was what they was looking at. They made my mom so uncomfortable that my mom went ahead and went to the car while I finished my shopping. By the time I got to the cashier's they were speaking to the cops. They stated that they called the cops for a wellness check. So embarrassing. A thief would of gotten better service than my mom did that day. The cops even looked puzzled and stated there was no reason for this call. Never in my life have I ever thought a store would call the cops over someone coughing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I call to activate my Burlington credit card and select the Spanish language. The machine that gives you the information speaks very bad Spanish and changes the R to an L all the time. Everything they speak and say sounds like they are in a hurry. The English language option is spoken faster. They were not very helpful so I decided to just cancel the card. For the review that was sent to my email, they said how good is Karla but in reality, I call three people the same day, they all three bad especially the last one I called.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I went to Burlington out on Powers Colorado Springs, I m not sure why but 2 cashiers standing at one register. The ** cashier (female) said something to the other one in her ear and then very obviously looked up at me, very rude!!! So when I walked out the door the bell sounded. I walked back over to older cashier so she could solve the problem. She was very jumpy looking through my stuff in the bag to find the alarm thing couldn't find it, when I got to the car it was on some tire valves covers, I don't if they thought I steal something. Instead of talking smack check it out. They wouldn't have found anything. I am not a thief!!! But everybody in line noticed and was looking at me because of the obvious happenings at the cashier's, I will not be back in any of your stores, hire some professional people not the new girl that day. Treated Badly Karen **

Original review: July 15, 2021

While the line is around the corner over 30 ppl waiting, only two cashiers were open and the other three cashiers organizing behind the register pretending they didn’t see us. Even the second cashier was super slow. Didn’t seem to care. If I wasn’t going out of town tonight I could have walked out leaving everything behind. This store will not be my choice moving forward. 40 mins just waiting at the line. They need to step it up... Terrible staff.

Burlington Coat Factory Company Information