3.9/5 (591 ratings)

About BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I have used BJ’s online shopping couple of times for store pick up. Out of last four orders, three were canceled as unavailable for store pick-up, even though online shows it’s available in the store. Very inconvenient, very unreliable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I have used Bj's online shopping for several orders including flour and baking soda. The flour arrived damaged (bags broken open), and the baking soda was the wrong kind. They admitted that the warehouse people picked the wrong baking soda. My advice is to not shop with Bj's whether it be at a store or online. Their employees are incompetent.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Why do you even charge for a membership when I go in for the service, the help - and actual quality of products. Oh and if I go online, there’s another 10€ for the online provider, another service fee, even more for tipping the drivers YOU don’t hire - and then you send the absolute ** of the ** you must have in store. Oh and you won’t return or give credit - because it can’t possibly be BJ’s causing all these terrible experiences and worse you won’t refund or stop my membership, I explicitly stopped it from renewing and you challenged my husband's card and even with the notes in your system, I’m stuck with another year at the full rate!

So spare yourself - anyone who wants to try this store/not quite a warehouse/def not a home goods and the food is so poorly sourced at this point, not even a nursing home chain would subcontract them. So if you still must must try this awful place, just use my membership number because they really stole the money from me to keep one member one more year. I hope more people share their membership numbers because I don’t even know why they feel so entitled to charge, it’s not like they do ANYTHING for their members anymore!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I ordered a patio set from them on May 31st, we are now into June 17th, and they can't seem to understand why I am frustrated that I have not received my order. I have called several times asking about where my order is, and I was given a number to call. I call that number and all it does is ring. The lady tells me today that the item was in my hometown on June 3rd, yet it got shipped over to Boston Mass and has been there since! Supervisors are no help as they just tell you the same thing that the last person told you. They are not there to help you out and I will never order from them again.

Original review: June 12, 2022

If you are thinking of buying any electronics online from BJs, think twice - they are the worst! I ordered a TV from them, had two appointments with their delivery company, CEVA, to receive it, nobody showed up, then I cancelled the order and BJs is not giving me my money back for over a month. Phone calls, complaints - nothing works! Opened a dispute with the BJs credit card, and they closed it for no reason in a few days. TRAPPED!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Received a bill for $35, sent off on the date it was due. According to BJ's it was not received for 4 days, so they sent me another bill for $37. When I called them on the phone to ask how they justified this they said my APR went up as a result of the late payment. Over 100% interest accrued in 4 days translate to an APR of 9,125%. I don't think a loan shark wouldn't dream of trying to charge those rates. This is at best predatory lending and would be more reasonably called thievery.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I will never, ever order anything from BJ's Wholesale online. This was my first and last order with them. I've been shopping online for decades, thousands of orders, and I've only met one other vendor that is this inept, and incompetent. Note that the other company went out of business shortly after my bad experience with them. Back to the case at hand: I ordered 20 cases Fairlife Nutrition Plan High Protein Chocolate Shake, 12 pk., Item: 206827 on May 3, 2022. The 12 packs were 17.49 each, for a total order cost of $349.80 including shipping. The order stated that the delivery option was "Shipping 2 Business Days"... The order FINALLY arrived on May 18th... Do the math on that one: 5/3/2022 plus two business days = 5/18/2022? Apparently it does to BJ's Wholesale online order system.

They shipped the order from Florida via AIT Logistics shipping. I need to write another separate review of them. The thing to note here is that you have to schedule a delivery time, with a window of about 4 hours, on a weekday. I guess they figure every household has someone at home who doesn't work every weekday, or at least not during daylight hours? Sam's Club doesn't do this. Walmart doesn't do this. Amazon doesn't do this. So why does BJ's wholesale have this as the only option if you order from them?

When the order *did* arrive, only 14 of the 20 packs arrived. Note that the only paperwork that AIT had said "Quantity: 1" on it. So they wouldn't even know how many total individual units were to be delivered! So I email BJ's Customer service and explain the problem... After a few back and forth emails, they say they'll issue a refund for the 6 packs that were not delivered. Fast forward to today, 5/25/2022 I get a refund for $79.80. Mind you that each pack costs $17.49, and six were not delivered. If you do the math, $17.49 X 6 is $104.94. I'm still waiting for them to explain their math to me - they still owe me $25.14. Why the So over *three weeks after placing my order*: I only got 70% of my order. I only got ~80% of the refund amount. Unacceptable. Name one thing they've done right on this entire order process!

Luckily I placed the order through PayPal. I'm disputing the refund amount through them. If I don't get any resolution through PayPal, I will contact my credit card company and pursue it that way. I have all the order information, tracking, emails, etc. if needed to verify this information. I'm done dealing with this company. I'd recommend that you do not order anything from them either... unless you want to wait 2 weeks for a 2 business day shipping item, have to stay home half a weekday to get your order, and possibly not get all of your order.

Original review: May 2, 2022

For the 3rd time in a few months I had to return to the store to return spoiled fruit which was obviously not fresh when I bought it each time. The strawberries were refrigerated immediately on return to my house and within two days they were moldy. Previously, I returned with a box of rotting blueberries same situation. The person at customer service was not very friendly or sympathetic but did receive the funds for that purchase. How about my time lost, gasoline spent and not being able to consume the products that I went to the store to purchase. I have been a cardholder for a number of years, but I intend to cancel it and go to Costco where apparently they appreciate the customers. By the way, I asked for the manager and guess all I got was some lackey that was unhappy with her job.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I placed an order on the 8th of April, 2022. I have not received the order and the shipping was given to a 3rd party shipper who has told us for two weeks that it will be delivered "tomorrow"- the order was almost $400 - BJ's has refused to get in touch with the shipper, has provided no assistance in getting the shipper to answer for this problem and has also refused to refund my money- stating they are "reviewing" my case. There is zero follow up and I was told when I called that it would take 2 days for a decision to be made. I am not sure what the decision is- the shipper has not delivered the order. They owe me either the items or my money but they have refused both. Do not order from BJ's unless you want to be put through this. Getting through to a customer service person is almost impossible. The last time I called I was on hold for 64 minutes and then cut off. I am furious.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Patio table came broken. Been trying to get a new one for 4 weeks. No responses to my emails or I’m told the dept that does returns isn’t responding. Ask to speak to supervisor and was told he doesn’t have one. Can’t get a new table or even a response. Spent $2500. DO NOT SHOP ONLINE AT BJ'S.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information