1.12/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

274 BJ's Wholesale Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

BJ's may possibly offer quality services on many goods to its members, but it fails miserably with the strategy in practice in the optical department. Years ago, the optical department would present the customer the options available with price once a frame and lens were selected to enable the consumer to make an informed decision. However, in the last five years or so, this practice has disappeared to the detriment of the consumer. Nowadays, the salesperson will quote one price with the most expensive options. To add insult to injury, the salesperson will also include a $20.00 insurance premium without ever informing you or requesting your consent. Should a mishap occur, this insurance, by the way, does not even cover 100% of the glasses, and, you will be responsible for additional copay under the terms of the policy.

Should you decide to ask for a detailed copy of the charges, the responses generally are "we will give it to you when you pick up your glasses" or "the printer is down" or at best, you will receive a faded and barely legible printout. Most people trust BJ's to operate along the line of a reputable company. But, BJ's optical department is not. It is taking advantage of their trust and operating more along the line of unscrupulous car dealerships. So, in effect, BJ's scammed me out of $20.00 when I am signing my credit card charges. $20.00 is not exactly a fortune, but soon add up to it when you consider all the glasses sold across all the BJ's stores. Is the practice of charging for a service that is not requested even legal?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I contacted BJ's regarding a coupon error through their customer service email. After 3 emails it became apparent that $22 is more important to BJ's than customer satisfaction, such a shame. Then I received a survey about my experience which I completed and submitted. The survey said that I would be contacted within 48 hours, hmmm I thought, maybe they do care. Nope, they never contacted me.

So, today I called, was put on hold, you know, "higher than normal call volume" so I left my number to call back. They actually did call back but after explaining my issue the gentleman said he would put me through to a supervisor and, guess what, you got it... I was put back into the phone queue! So, I left my number again and they did call back again. This time a very nice woman listened to everything, put me on hold so she could speak with her supervisor and came back and offered me a $15 gift card. I told her that was no good, she tried again, but said that was all she could offer me. So, long story short for $7 BJ's lost a customer, I cancelled my membership. Stupidest company ever!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

They automatically renewed my membership card on 1/2/19 and I went to the store the same day to cancel it. I was told that their system was down and advised to call and my money would be back the same day. Today marks the 29th day and I am yet to receive my refunds. I have called them to let them know that I have a new debit card and I needed them to update it so they could be able to refund my money back efficiently and the lady acted like she knows it all stating that my bank will automatically renew it.

I have been calling and eventually called a lady this Friday who told me that someone from a different department would call me in 2 days so they can take my new card information, I have heard nothing. These people are nothing but a junk of thieves. You are worth more than 55$ dollars so give me my little change. It means nothing to you I guess but it’s something for me. They really suck poor customer service. A whole month of runarounds and I still don’t have any hope.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

So I applied for their Mastercard over a year ago and never received it. I started getting phone calls that I owed $37 for a yearly fee. I told the guy yesterday that I never received the card so I was not going to pay a fee for a card I never received and I wanted it cancelled. He said, "No problem," and forwarded the call to someone that cancelled the card. Now this morning I received a call saying I owed $84 for fees on the card. The girl would not let me speak as I tried to explain I never received the card and had spoke to someone yesterday. She said, "You have to pay it!!!" Needless to say I hung up. This is a scam on the part of BJ's.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The services I received from customer service at BJ’s were above and beyond horrible. I purchased a TV from their BJ's site in December of 2018 and it was not scheduled to be delivered until January 4, 2019. When the TV was delivered the screen was severely cracked. I refused the TV and called BJ's wholesale for a replacement per the delivery company instructions. When I called BJ's customer service the first time they stated that I would have to wait for them to receive the TV back from the delivery company before they could refund me my money. I asked the lady to contact the delivery company to verify that they had the TV. She did and they advised her that the TV was broken and they will be returning it back to BJ's wholesale.

I advised them that I just wanted another TV not my money back. Customer service proceeded to tell me that they don't replace broken or damaged items. They just refund the member their money back and they purchase another one. I inquired when they may receive the TV back and I was advised January 7 or 8. Which was Monday or Tuesday. I contacted them Tuesday and they said that they have not received the TV back yet. I inquired about what else could be done so that I can get another TV. I asked could they just apply the money to the new TV I would like to purchase and they said no. I was advised that they are not set up to do business that way. I was then advised that once I return the TV then they can give me another one.

I advised the representative that I did not have the TV. I sent it back with the delivery company because it was cracked. She stated that I was supposed to take the TV and return it to my local store myself. I made her aware that I was never told that not to mention I was not going to sign for a broken TV. She then went on to say I can buy another TV while I wait for my return to go through. I advised her that no one just has 618 lying around to spend again and have 1236 dollars of my money held up. She stated there was nothing else she could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and no one was available. She had put in for a callback. No one called me back. So over the next 7 business days I would be calling BJ's to get this matter resolved.

I had requested to more callbacks in that time and no supervisor called me back. I filed a complaint with the company and nothing was done about it. I felt that I was just another membership holder and meant nothing to them but a number even though I spend hundreds of dollars almost thousands a year at my local BJ's store. This is the worst customer service I have ever received. Then on January 16, 2019 I found out that BJ's didn't not start the return process for my broken TV with the delivery company until January 10. Which was 6 days after my first call in to report the issue. I then was advised that the TV should be deliver January 16 or 17 to their warehouse. When I asked about getting the TV at the original price with everything that came with it (Additional 1 year warranty from BJ's free of charge, and white glove delivery service) the young lady stated that they would have to put in a request to see if that was possible.

She then advised me that the TV I purchased previously that was delivered damaged is now out of stock and I can’t purchase it. I was beyond upset. I was taken through days of back and forth. Not being called back and mixed information to be told I cannot even repurchase the TV I original purchased. This is beyond bad customer service and a complete disrespect to me as a person. No one should ever have to go through this and I believe that they have to be required to do better and be held to a standard when it comes to helping a customer and providing a service they are being paid for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I decided to try BJ's wholesale warehouse... Not a good idea. Do yourself a favor and pick one of the other chains. They have bulk food like Honest chocolate milk and granola bars that all expire in a week. Are you gonna pay full price for bulk packaged milk of granola bars that expire in a week? Heck no. You can't scarf 48 granola bars in that time frame. This is just one example of this place's food selection. The prices aren't really that good either... Go somewhere else. I'm trying to cancel my membership and get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I received an offer for the BJ's visa at store through Comenity Bank. They approved me for a 25,000 credit line. I received the card 9 days later right after Christmas around 1/4/19. I activated the card and on 1/5/19 it shows as a new open account on Credit Karma. 1/11/19 I am at Home Depot marking a 27.00 purchase and it gets declined twice. I’m like impossible, it a new account and zero balance. I get in the car and call Comenity Bank. I’m told on the phone, "I’m sorry. A letter went out today and your account was closed for too many inquiries."

My credit is FLAWLESS and zero debt. 800 FICO score with zero debt and 3 digit salary. What a serious insult especially at a store to be declined. You miss a payment they're blowing up your phone but they close your account with someone that has impeccable credit with zero debt and 800 FICO and they don’t even have decency to call to tell you!!! I been self employed for 32 years and I urge anyone with good credit STAY AWAY FROM Comenity Bank for any credit. The worse insulting bank in the world to do business with. I lost nothing. The bank lost someone with awesome credit and a 800 FICO. Their loss! Please stay away from them. Don’t listen to me. Google their reviews. I wish I did in the beginning because if I did I wouldn’t of applied with a lousy bank like this. Their reviews will soon enough put them out of business!!! I hope it happens. My advice is stay with the well-known banks only!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Order a dishwasher through BJ, nightmare. They told me wrong schedule, waited at home for an half day, never said Sorry, then rescheduled. Couple of weeks later, it arrived but it was broken one. Angry, but re-re-scheduled, finally got it. They promised to send a $10.00 gift card for compensation. It never be received. Very bad experience with them!!! Advice: Never do house appliance purchase from them!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

North Brunswick, NJ - Worst experience after having many years of BJ's membership. Customer service is bad and also tire never delivered to store for installation. Response from customer support bad and calling my order.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

On Saturday 01/05/19 around 7 pm my husband and I went to the BJ's Wholesale located at 162nd and Kendall Drive in Miami, FL. After waiting 15 minutes for the cashier to finish with her current customer, the couple in front of me were up and paying when the first customer came back, gave the cashier a receipt and the cashier and the floating cashier had to input information, at which I was ready to burst so my husband asked "are you gonna take long 'cause I'll just change my stuff over to aisle 7." She said no and continued with the lady. When she was done the lady turned around and said to the cashier "THANK YOU" to which I replied "NO, thank me" and the cashier whipped her head around wagged her finger at me while rolling her eyes and said that transaction took less than a minute and I said meanwhile, "I have been standing here 15 minutes and don't you roll your eyes and wag your finger at me."

Her supervisor came over, asked her what had happened and she ushered her out of the lane to which I said "YES listen to your supervisor." This lady is crazy and will be gone in a minute. As my groceries were being rung up by floating cashier, they huddled at that cashier desk and kept looking at me. Very unprofessional, cashier should have asked next person in line (me) if it would be ok to do whatever she needed to do and supervisor needs serious management skills, should have come over and apologized for her cashier's actions even if she thought she was right. No common courtesy, no respect and funny part is that you have to pay to get into this place!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This weekend it was more difficult to find a cart which was barely clean. The best I could find had dirt and bird feces. BJ, you have workers who bring in and out the shopping carts throughout the day and store them at night - please include in their responsibilities washing down and disinfecting the carts.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I just moved to the area in the summer. I had good experiences at the Bangor Maine location, where we purchased four all season tires in the spring of 2014. At the time we were told our snow tires could be changed over each season at no charge even though they were purchased elsewhere. When I showed the clerk the receipts he became verbally aggressive. I asked to see a manager. The manager honored the previous deal, but Kyle continued his abusive behavior. This was the third such experience with him. Nothing has been done with him.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I purchased A TV online to be picked up at their Millsboro location the same day. I used the PayPal option as payment for the item online. When I arrived at the store the item was ready but they could not print out the invoice as they said they do not deal with PayPal in store. I was told to use another credit card to complete the purchase and I was guaranteed I would not be double billed. When I arrived home, I checked both credit cards and found out they had billed both PayPal and my Visa card. According to BJ's they could do nothing about it because they “don’t use PayPal in the store”. So now I have One TV and two bills for the one item. Caution never ever use PayPal online with BJ’s. They will rip you off.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Horrible customer service!! Membership is NOT worth the verbal abuse given by their customer service department. They don't own up to their mistakes and ignore you if you email them. I was told one thing via email, printed it and brought it into the club where they refused to stand behind their word, instead of apologizing or trying to make it right they tell you off and basically let you know they don't care if you don't want to be a customer of theirs. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

On December 8 I was racial profile by a employee by the name of Alisha. She followed me around the store harassing me. Not only that she said I was accompanied with a homeless man - that wasn't true - She was very disrespectful after to speak with supervisor Nate. He was disrespectful as well.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased an outdoor couch for $700 and called to cancel the order within 10 min as I found it for $100 less. Customer Service said they could not cancel the order. I needed to refuse delivery when it arrived. I refused delivery and called to process the refund. BJ's said the outdoor couch was sent back to the manufacturer so they could not process the refund. It's been 3 weeks. BJ's Customer Service is not responding to any of my emails or phone calls. I am canceling my membership which I have had for 15 years. Looking at all the negative reviews I can tell this company does not care about the customer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered the LG 50UK6500AUA 50" TV on 11/28 and received it on 12/4 and it was damaged from both sides. I contacted the customer care and all what they can do is to create a return order and they will issue a refund after 10 business days and that's all. I posted on their Facebook page and found others complaining from the same issue, TV got broken during shipment! Very frustrating!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Placed an order with BJ's for 4 Michelin tires. A rep calls the next day saying the tires ordered are not in stock, inventory was wrong. I had to go inside the store for a refund. I tried ordering more Michelins but the tech told me none were available. I tried for Bridgestones, same story, not available. I ended up at Fair Town tires, they have the Michelins I wanted. What good is a membership at BJ's? You can buy items for less at other local markets. This will be my last membership.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased three rings online. When the order came in, the package only had two rings. I contacted the online customer service on November 20, 2018 by phone. That person was completely useless. After several email attempts to have the order complete or have someone call me I received a call on November 29, 2019. That person told that it had to be escalated twice and then it would go to a team, and I should hear back in 3-5 days. (That is what I was told on my first email to BJ's.) I will never purchase from BJ's online again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have a BJ's Perks Mastercard through Comenity Bank? If you are considering a Comenity Bank credit card, USERS BEWARE! I pay off all my credit cards in full each month via my credit union's on-line bill pay. Last month, I had a larger than usual balance on my BJ's Mastercard due to a furniture purchase and final payment on my daughter's wedding. When our credit union attempted to make the electronic payment, Comenity Bank wouldn't accept it because of the larger amount and insisted the credit union issue a draft check by mail.

Long story short, our credit union (in Maryland) mailed the check on November 13th (five days before payment was due) and Comenity Bank (in Texas) claims they didn't receive the check until November 26th (liars), thus charging interest and a late fee to our account. After speaking with three Comenity Bank credit card managers (and having a credit union rep on the phone for the third call), Comenity Bank waived the late fee, but refused to credit the interest charged to our BJ's Mastercard account. I was told we can submit a letter from our credit union through Comenity Bank's dispute resolution process. Comenity Bank is playing games, and I DON'T TRUST THEM!! Needless to say, we won't be using that credit card anymore!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

BJ's advertised a one day promotion on November 10th for a Samsung 58 inch Led TV and a free Samsung soundbar with free shipping. I purchased this offer and my credit card was billed for the product/offer. I did not receive a confirmation number, but I could see the charges on my credit card. Later, a credit for the charges appeared on my credit card. I spoke to the BJ's Customer Service and had to tell the story many times to individuals. I spoke in the chat room, on the phone and made a follow up call.

Bj's Customer Service could not see a transaction for the offer but did see a transaction for me for a lesser amount and this transaction had a confirmation number, but I had no record of this mystery transaction. This raised additional concerns. BJ's or whoever was in their system, was able to charge my credit card and make other strange charges. The bottom line is that they would not honor the offer and did not care about the issues that were experienced in their online order system. I feel my information was compromised and this should be a concern for BJ's but they do not care.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

People, I cannot stress this strongly enough. DO NOT BUY TIRES AT BJ's. I swear this is 100% true and still I have correspondence from BJ's employees to verify it. BJ's buys 8th rate garbage tires from a shady distributor called Simple Tire LLC and Simple Tire floods BJ's supply chain with old tires. Tires degrade even when not being used and rubber has a finite shelf life. The lifespan of a tire is 4-5 years now even if the tire has never seen the road. It doesn't matter about the mileage rating or the mileage you've done, if the tire has sat in a climate controlled warehouse for 48 months it's about as far along in its lifespan as one that's been on your car for 48 months, it's almost dead and has very little time left before it becomes useless. And these are the tires BJ's is allowing Simple Tire LLC to send them. In fact, those are the only tires that Simple Tire LLC stocks and that's why BJ's uses them.

When you log onto the BJ's website, place an order through your BJ's membership, pay BJ's, set up an appointment with a BJ's Tire Center to have tires installed by a BJ's employee it's probably Simple Tire LLC that ships the tires from their warehouse to the BJ's Tire Center and they send out old, almost dead garbage. And BJ's doesn't care. This is all verified, direct from BJ's employees. I had an appointment to have tires installed today. Placed the order through BJ's, paid BJ's, got confirmation from BJ's, went to BJ's and the tires that were waiting to be put on my car were almost four years old.

They had been manufactured in January 2015 and had, at most, 12-15 months of life left before the rubber started to crack from age. And it could have been a lot less than that. But because these tires has never been installed and were aging in a warehouse rather than in a junkyard they were technically "NEW" according to Simple Tire LLC and to BJ's Tire Center. I of course refused to have them installed and contacted BJ's about what seems to be a pretty significant problem, one that is dangerous to BJ's customers and borderline illegal to pass off 4-year-old product as "new" when BJ's knows the lifespan of tires is 5 years.

BJ's response floored me. I had hoped that maybe BJ's wasn't aware of the problem, but they are. The CSR knew and the guy at the tire center knew. I was told point blank to shut up and go away, that it's not their problem and that even if I order from them, pay them and have the tires installed at their stores by their employees its Simple Tire LLC's fault and BJ's refuses to do anything to rectify it or help customers who get screwed by their tires having a reduced lifespan. They're knowingly allowing their customers to buy old, worn out, dangerous tires that are advertised as "New". Simple Tire LLC IS NOT an authorized factory distributor of most of the brands they carry and the manufacturers disavow any relationship with them or their actions. Simple Tire LLC is essentially a tire clearinghouse that buys the garbage that other more ethical businesses won't sell.

When an authorized distributor of a name brand tire gets hung with old merchandise that they don't want to sell to THEIR OWN customers, Simple Tire LLC buys it for pennies on the dollar and then resells it to BJ's who sell it at FULL PRICE to their "members". That's the truly infuriating part of this sleazy relationship. The tires that Tire Rack won't sell to their customers because they're too old, the tires that Town Fair Tire won't sell to their customers because they're too old are the tires that BJ's buys and resells to their MEMBERS.

You are paying to belong to BJ's and you get treated worse than Tire Rack and Town Fair tires treat people who walk in off the street. BJ's is plenty big enough and has enough clout and buying power to source tires from anywhere. They can set up deals directly with the manufacturer. They can source from legit national distributors or resellers like Tire Rack. But they don't. They intentionally source the tires from the sleaziest re-seller they can find because those are the ones they can buy cheapest and resell to you at the best margin.

This relationship is dangerous and is designed to hide the business practices of both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC from the buyer. Simple Tire claims that what they're doing is okay because they "disclose" it on their site. That much at least is true, it's on their site 22 clicks deep if you know where to look. But the buyer who goes through BJ's is not given that information. They order from BJ's, pay BJ's and deal entirely with BJ's employees at BJ's locations. BJ's does not tell people they're dealing with Simple Tire LLC, BJ's does not tell people they're getting 3 or 4-year-old tires with a short shelf life and the customer has no way to know if they're not familiar with DOT codes.

BJ's knows what's happening and hides the very existence of Simple Tire LLC age disclaimer which is well hidden on Simple Tire LLC and almost impossible to find even if you know it's there. This is an ongoing case of fraud on a very large scale. BJ's Tire Center customers are only getting a small portion of the tire life they're paying for and both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC conspire to hide that information from them. To make matters worse, even when caught out, both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC throw up a joint smoke screen to keep the customer spinning around without recourse. I have correspondence from both companies trying to resolve this issue.

Simple Tire flatly refuses to get involved because BJ's buys the tires from them and knows what they're getting and therefore, according to some rather sketchy ethical justifications, it's BJ's fault for not stopping them from sending out old tires. BJ's flatly refuses to get involved and insisted that I contact Simple Tire LLC directly because they shipped the tires and it's their fault, not BJ's fault. That can go on forever unless somebody else gets involved. How about you? If you got involved maybe a little public pressure might force them to stop tag-teaming the consumer to rob them.

BJ's needs to disclose the source of its tires, BJ's needs to warn consumers that they're accepting tires that are far older than what is acceptable by industry standards and that those tires would have a vastly shorter lifespan than a new one. And maybe someone should audit the tires that have already gone out the door at BJ's Tire Centers to see how many customers have already been fooled into thinking they were getting new tires and instead got tires that are worth far less than they paid. And while you're at it, look into how this marriage took place in the first place. Simple Tire LLC is known to do stuff like this and it's hard to believe that BJ's could fail on such an epic scale to properly vet a business partner. Follow the money.

If you are thinking about buying tires from BJ's, DON'T. If you have already bought tires from BJ's, check them or have them checked by a legit tire dealer or installer. Every passenger car tire sold in the US has what is called a D.O.T. code on the sidewall. Most people don't know it's there and BJ's wants to keep it that way. But that code is very important to the consumer, it's the date of manufacture. It's a four-digit code that is week and year that the tire was made and you should check it on EVERY TIRE that you buy. If it says 2217 that means the tire was made during the 22nd week of 2017, 0218 means that it was made 2nd week of 2018.

You should check that code on every tire you buy or plan to buy, it's as important as the sell-by date on milk or ground beef. If you've bought tires at BJ's recently, check it now and see what you REALLY paid for. You might have paid full price for a tire you thought was new and you might have gotten three to four-year-old junk that has 1/10th of the lifespan you think you bought. If you got hosed, go back and raise hell. BJ's ethics or lack of ethics on this matter means the only way they're going to stop is if their members stop them. DON'T PAY FOR OLD TIRES. DEMAND BETTER. You're a "member" at BJ's and that should mean something to you because it doesn't seem to mean much to them.

Don't trust BJ's and heck, don't even trust me. I ask you to not take what I've told you on faith. Research it yourself. Look up Simple Tire LLC and the string of complaints against them. Consult with a legit tire seller/installer and ask them to explain DOT codes to you, check yours and explain why they don't sell old tires. And ask them what they think of anyone in their business who sells three and four-year-old tires as "new". Tell them that's what BJ's does and they'll tell you exactly what I'm telling you, word for word. DO NOT BUY TIRES AT BJ's TIRE CENTERS. EVER!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I visited the store to take part in the promotion that they had going on and was charged an extra 20% for some random charge that I was not notified about. When I contacted customer service I was then told there's nothing that they can do. That's ridiculous. If I knew there was going to be a charge I would have never taken part in that promo.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had a fraudulent charge on my checking account from BJ's. I've never heard of this company until today. I notified my bank and started the fraud process. I was instructed to call BJ's as well. I spoke with a customer service agent who told me he couldn't look up the purchase because I wasn't a member. I asked to speak to fraud or accounts department and he said there is no such department. He said my bank will handle it on their end then contact BJ's. I said, "What's the number to that department they would call." He replied, "There is no department." What! Then who would they contact. He said, "The dispute team." "Well connect me to the dispute team now!" "I have no way of doing that." "Well can I speak with a manager please." He replied, "There is no one I can connect you with!" All he did was try to over talk me. He wasn't listening. He was just scripting!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I was told by BJ's that they have an option called "Add to card" online where you can clip the coupons to your membership card. That's nice, but still why? We are members, the sales w/ or w/o coupons should be automatically given to the members at checkout w/o all these extra work in advance. Are you kidding me? I can understand if they have a special promotion like giving out a $10 coupon or $20 coupon if you make a purchase over $50, maybe they can still justify for clipping those special coupons but as far as coupons are for in-house merchandise, they should eliminate coupon clipping (or pre-load to your membership card before shopping), save work for everyone, no need to have a special app to save coupon electronically to our membership card before we go shopping at BJ's, no need for the checkout software to see if sales price should be given to the member depending on whether or not the coupons are preloaded on their membership card.

Come on. Do you know how ridiculous this sounds, almost as if BJ's does not want to give the sale price to the members if they do not do any extra work--clipping coupons or preload coupons to their membership card? What's the point of being an annual paid member there? We have to clip coupons or load coupons electronically in order to get the sale? If we do that, we can go to supermarkets for shopping. Why bother to pay to join BJ's? What is the upper management of BJ's thinking? They ought to spring into the action of getting rid of this ridiculous policy. I cannot believe all the BJ's customers are allowing this coupon thing to happen, to continue to happen... I don't get it... I will not continue my membership if they do not stop this nonsense. I will join Costco instead. No coupon clipping there, all sale is automatically given to the customers at the checkup.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am completely dissatisfied with the Poor BJ's Wholesale Club & BJ hunt. It is really a false company who just advertises to get customers but they provide zero service to you. Their staff & associates are too rude to talk & never help to solve the problem. My husband ordered for a Whirlpool Dishwasher 1 month back. They scheduled delivery appointment for 15th September & when they came they refused to deliver the product & said, "You need to Uninstall the old dishwasher" which they didn't inform earlier and went back & again rescheduled for 27th September.

Whole day me & my husband waited for the item to get delivered but nobody showed up, again it was rescheduled for 4th October. They got the damaged piece & As it was damage we sent it back & when I call the service tech they say they would reschedule again after 10 days & when I asked for the compensation the lady gives me $20 as a credit. I Would really advise you do not buy any products especially any appliances with the so called BJ's as they take your money but provide you nothing on time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased a Generac gas pressure washer from BJ's and after first use I was not at all happy with the product. It's so hard to start and the soap dispenser not working and lot smoke coming and I want to return that product and Bj's don't take it back since they don't take back any product with gas. So be very careful with Bj's and I have Sam's Club and Costco membership too. I never experience any issue with them. Now I am stuck with this product so read the fine print before you buy something from Bj's and I never want shop place like this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Pray that you never need customer service because they don't have any and they are not there for you. Don't ever think of using their auto buying program, they will work real hard at denying you the promised and advertised perk. After weeks of emails they say they will make a bad situation right and mail me a gift card within two week. They never sent the gift card. Now they don't respond. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

BJ's card was refused at the gas pump 3 different times. I saw others have the same problem. Attendant said there was nothing he can do. I went inside to check on the card and was told it was GOOD. This place is a dump compared to Costco, no more bfs for me. Going to Costco.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am seeing the downward trend at BJ’s. I've been willing to forgive the few times I've had bad experiences there (bad food, rude employees). But today I was made to feel guilty through no fault of my own. It might sound dramatic, but that's how I felt and I can't shake it. Basically, the employee at the exit who checks outgoing carts caught an item that the cashier had missed (I wasn't paying attention either so I missed it too). The employee at the exit was very thorough. I've always wondered how these cart checkers did their job; I suppose they should count everything, right? What if someone has 200 items in their cart? Will they spend the 2 or 3 minutes counting, and maybe counting again (like what happened with me with only 19 items)? They should, right?

But in all my years as a BJ shopper, I've really never had a problem being held up on the way out; either the checkers weren't really counting or they were very very fast and good at what they do. But I figured that, setting aside actual shoplifting (which this occasion wasn't), the scales should balance with cashiers missing a scan here and there and cashiers ringing items twice here and there with my dozens of shopping trips. But to shame and make customers wait because of their cashiers' mistakes? Come on, BJ’s. I hope this employee was just an overly zealous one-off, and you realize how much this is costing you in good will.

And I hope race doesn't have something to do with it. I am Asian-American. The employee checker says she checks everybody's cart very thoroughly. Yes, even very full carts with things buried? With only one of you at the exit, are you going to move things around to count everything, and maybe count more than once? How about the lady behind me with even more items than mine? You waved her through in less than 30 seconds. You counted all the items in her cart, you say? That Costco membership is looking better and better.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information

www.bjs.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.