3.73/5

301 BJ's Wholesale Club Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

Online we tried to buy something, it said our membership had expired! BUT we renewed in FEB.! I called the local store where we buy and they said, yes we are paid up BUT they can't call the corp. to tell them, I MUST DO IT! My husband had tried for over 1/2 hr and never talked to a human and I picked it up at 5pm and when I called the 800# was on hold for over 45 mins and got switched over and over and had to re-enter my membership # over and over! THEN at 7PM, they closed and I was cut off! TODAY I renewed my call and tried again, same thing happened. And after waiting and give our membership # over & over---ONE hour spent on their automated-no human beings-phone---I hung up! I was to get a return call to rate my experience but didn't even get that! I am fed up with this company and next FEB. we will not renew! THIS IS NO WAY TO GET CUSTOMERS or KEEP THEM!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I ordered a $900 backyard playset for my nephews and while it was supposed to be delivered on July 6th, I still haven't received it. Even worse, their system is so trash that not only is their tracking system not working on their website, even their associates can't even find my order. How the hell does a company this large lose a massive package like this?? I also have an open return with them, but they're just spinning my wheels. Honestly, screw this company.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

This was my second time with online ordering and it will be my last. I am also terminating my membership after 11+ years. To keep this brief, I will bullet point and summarize: I received notification of 2 shipments. The first was received on Friday, 7/5. Per the packing slip and e-mail the paper plates were to be in that shipment. No paper plates were in the box. When I called Friday, I was given conflicting information: I had to call back in three days to see if it arrived by then. Then the rep noted, “it was delivered today” (to which I explained again no paper plates were in the box). I called back yesterday: I was told I had to wait three more days for the case to be escalated. This is not acceptable.

Then I was told I could receive a gift card for $15 but would have to wait 21 days to receive it. I would also have to reorder the paper towels (at a discount) (the rep neglected to mention that I would have to pay shipping because the order was under $100). Also, not acceptable. Finally, after being on the phone for 45 minutes with multiple times waiting to speak to a supervisor, I was told I could get a refund back to my credit card. Let's see if that happens. I don’t understand why I couldn’t just have to paper towels sent to me. I used this service as a convenience to save time, but ended up spending more time and frustration over an $11.99 bundle of paper plates. So frustrating! The reps tried to be polite but they were no help at all. I felt like I was just getting the runaround. In addition, both times I called I was offered a survey at the end and told I would be called back 2 minutes after the call ended and I didn’t get a call either time. Horrible experience!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Only one cashier line. 8 self-serve line full of waiting people. In several occasions I called the manager to try to improve the situation but I feel is becoming worse. Today I was 40 minutes in line on one cashier line. On the self service lines there was one helper per line but the process is delayed because people are not cashiers. The manager explained to me this is the way the industry goes, I explained to him the membership is paid by members to receive in return a level of service that is not improving. Maybe the industry is going to membership-less stores. Thanks Pembroke Pines, FL store (near a 55+ community).

Original review: June 26, 2019

HELP! It appears to be easier to get out of Scientology cult than to terminate our BJ's membership. They automatically charged us for renewal even after we canceled our membership, Now including last fees we have a bill of $128, no purchases just renewal, late fees and interest. Has anyone successfully dumped this bunch of criminals? Please email at **. Thanks in advance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Thru 2015 we took the membership and we canceled a year after due to poor use of the membership. Store too far from me but everything is turned crazy when we see that BJ's credit cards is charging every year for membership and late fees as well. We owe $0.00 to card but now they are sending a bill close to $400 dollars and continue charging even after we have called many times, to clear the account to $0.00 and they say they do. We also called two weeks ago to membership and report the issue but look like they're blind, or some is practicing fraud on customers and we get caught, but this is not over yet. If they want hard time they get it. I will complain even at hell to drop their customers, letting them know how they want to make easy money. Scam money, scamming customers.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I had a very positive experience at BJ's in Manchester CT location in the Tire Department. Kyle and Alex were the two tire installation professional who helped me with my query related to the tire. Not only they were professional in their work, they explained the situation with my tire and recommended the best option. Saving my time and money at the same time. I will definitely buy tires from this location in future just because they have great people working for them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Today I shopped at BJ’s in Old Bridge, 5/29/2019. While shopping I decided that I would purchase Blueberry Muffins. When I was checking the expiration date which was today I noticed a fly inside the packaging, that certainly turned my stomache and of course didn’t make a purchase. I broke the seal of the package which instead of doing so I should have gotten the attention of the bakery manager or the manager if the store to witness the fly in the package. I will never purchase bakery items from BJ’s having witnessed this today.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have placed an order for **4 mg Original ** Gum on 05/21/19. The package arrived today 05/28/19. The problem was both items were expired. The first one - Lot AE958 expired on October 2018, the second -LotAG269 expired on February 2019. Shipping out an expired product was unacceptable and shows the BJ's philosophy about their customers.

Original review: May 22, 2019

BJ's needs to correct their computer systems to allow scanned and accurately agent ringed BJ's coupons come off from customer’s bills. BJ's needs to correct their computer glitch, identify and adequately refund customers you have been cheated.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information