2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Although this store is not available where I live, every few months when I go back to the east coast, I always shop there. They have a deli with the best brand meats and cheeses at bargain prices and the store has many other brand name bargains at well below retail cost... they regularly send out their own coupons and they accept retail coupons. You can't beat that! I wish Costco and Sam's operated like that!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

BJ's is a big box store but small enough to navigate easily. They have monthly coupons on many items and also have gas at the most reasonable price in the area. They have specials with coupons so you not only get $1.00 to $5.00 off an item, but it also qualifies you to purchase gas that day for extra off per gallon. I also like many of the brands they carry, as well as a variety of organic products. They offer self checkout so you don’t have to wait in line and many times, the service person will come and check out your items. Great customer service from all there. Very satisfied with the store since it opened.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I had a very positive experience at BJ's in Manchester CT location in the Tire Department. Kyle and Alex were the two tire installation professional who helped me with my query related to the tire. Not only they were professional in their work, they explained the situation with my tire and recommended the best option. Saving my time and money at the same time. I will definitely buy tires from this location in future just because they have great people working for them.

Original review: May 18, 2020

BJ's doesn't care about their loyal customers. I've been with them for over 20 years. They shipped me chairs that were damaged. They don't answer their phones. I went to store and they refused to take back chairs. They are the worst. Go somewhere else...

Original review: May 10, 2020

My club membership was not set to expire until 5/30/20. On 5/9/20 I made a purchase and the cashier added a renewal charge of $55 + tax WITHOUT my authorization. I noticed this before leaving the store and was told I needed to go to the service desk. After a long wait, they told me they could not cancel the renewal until the following day. I then asked them to void the entire transaction, and they just charge me for the items I bought. They told me if I did that my membership would be cancelled effective 5/9/20, even though I paid until 5/31/20. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and went back to BJ's the following day. They agreed to refund the renewal fee. However they cancelled my membership effective 5/10/20, even though I paid until 5/30/20. Customer service in the store was not very helpful and said that there was nothing they could do. Totally absurd!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: May 10, 2020

My complaint is about the service as you may see. I must say that there are some very good employees that honor their work, but some others don't. To be specific, I’m rating the New Jersey store located in North Bergen, 88th St. It's understandable that during this time employees must be careful about social distancing and so on but that does mean they ignore the customer and that was the attitude of one of the employees working on 4/28/20 around noon. She not only was rude by ignoring questions, but also by servicing.

I ordered among other things, a lb of cheddar cheese which she place in the wax paper in a mountain shape and not flat as they usually do. I was surprised to see from far since you cannot get close now, how it looked unfamiliar my usual order. After seeing this I requested several times, since she seemed to ignore me, to please place the order in 2 different bags. When she was done, she practically threw my order over the counter with rude attitude. I must say that my family nor I could use the cheese in slices because they were all twisted inside, just the way she placed them in. After waiting 1 hour to get in, this behavior is not acceptable. I think she might be new to the job but needs to be trained before facing customers. I'm also rating it with 3, because I think the store must place signs to alert customer if they are servicing as usual since we get into the store and feel lost for the lack of employees and the few ones we see just ignore the customers. :-(

Original review: May 6, 2020

I've been a long time BJ's member & very satisfied until now. I renewed my annual membership in February, and in March I attempted to use my BJ.com account but could place an order? Then the new digital coupons went into effect and neither my online or app would work even though I was logged into my account. I spent 30 mins at the customer service desk and after many different employees tried to correct the problem - no luck. I was given the Customer Care # to call for assistance and was told it would be a long wait due to the impact of Coronavirus.

On Fri, May 1st the wait time stated 90-120mins, I held on for 2 1/2 hours - no one answered. Attempted again yesterday, Tues, May 5th for 3hrs - no answer. This is not Customer Care if no one answers. Yes we are in unprecedented times, but maybe Customer Care at BJ's should just state that no one is available to assist you at this time. I will go back to my BJ's store this week, I will shop but then because of the new digital coupon set up I will once again have to go to the Service Desk to have them credit me for the coupon items I purchased since my account is not working properly. Customer Service Desk at my BJ's location has been extremely polite, but obviously BJ's corporate Customer Care service is having real issues. My star review is inaccurate since I can not get in touch with anyone, should be no star! Very disappointed long time customer.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Was in Springfield PA BJs wanting to renew membership. C/S girl was not behind plastic shield and when I asked her refused to put on a mask. It's law! She said she has asthma, so do I!!! She told me either she waited on me or I was to leave. I left.

Original review: April 30, 2020

BJ's Gainesville, VA. Purchased a $30.00 package of meat. The meat looked Fresh Red Meat on top as a misleading display, leaving DARK & SKINNY MEATS HIDING below, the rest of the package looked brown. Sorry Larry Called your store to file a complaint with manager and the employee said I needed to call an 800 # and ask them to direct me on how to file a complaint : (

Original review: April 27, 2020

None of the employees had gloves, nor did they clean/sanitize in between customers. I was in the self check out lane minding my own business. An employee then came over and insisted on scanning items in my cart, I did not feel comfortable with him touching any of my items, he still insisted and then I asked for the manager. I understand the employee was only trying to help, but, I didn't ask for help. Nor did I need help. The manager rudely approached me and did not care of anything I had to say. The manager also didn't abide by any of the precautionary measures with covid 19. Besides, wearing a mask. He rudely snarled as he spoke to me. Rampaging about how people have been stealing using the hand scanner. THERE WASNT ANY HAND SCANNERS! I SCAN ALL OF MY ITEMS USING STATIONARY SCANNER AND ORGANIZE MY ITEMS IN BOXES. He then harassed me until I was nearly done scanning all of my items.

This establishment is in no way shape or form cautious in preventing the spread of covid19. Giving a cleaning wipe when entering the store doesn't cut it. Unlimited customers are able to enter. The establishment was packed. The manager kicked me out of the store and prevented me from putting food on the table for my 3 kids and wife. His words were he doesn't care about what I need or say, BJ's isn't corporate and he called his boss and was given the ok to throw me out. I was thrown out of the store because I didnt feel comfortable. They do not care about my or anyone else's well being. I've lost people I've known for many years to this pandemic. I do not take it lightly.!!! (Do not recommend going to BJ's in Seekonk, MA.)!

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information