3.9/5 (671 ratings)

About BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

If you plan on purchasing an item and have a question or problem you will almost never get through to customer service. And when you do, most likely you will hear a click or silence. Horrible to deal!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I have a BJ's Perks Mastercard managed by Comenity Bank. I made my payment 2 days late because of Hurricane Ian. So they said you can NOT use the card again until the next billing cycle. When I logged in again online my account was hacked with a fraudulent address and phone number. Despite that they said the card could not be used to the next billing cycle they had allowed the fraudster to do it. Not only that, they accepted charges from the fraudster for $11,000 OVER the credit limit. I called their fraud department. It took 40 minutes to get connected. They did not email me a confirmation of the fraud report. Three days later the account is still not fixed. I tried to call and was on hold for 54 minutes. When the person answered they just said, "I can not hear you." This fraud is obviously an INSIDE job by a Comenity bank employee. If you use a store that uses the Comenity Bank card, they can not help you.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Greece, NY Store#185 - We ordered 3 cases of Ensure online. There was no one in front of me at the customer service desk. Employee called our order in on a wallie-talkie. After 2 minutes they brought over someone else’s order and they weren’t even in the store waiting…15 more minutes go by. I stood on the side of customer desk and told them we were still waiting. Another employee came up and asked us our order number again! Took our cart and was right out. He apologized. I asked the name of the female that brought the other online pickup order and he said he didn’t know. We waited over 20 minutes for 3 cases of ensure!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I ordered a Generator online. Shipper contacted me to verify info and have me agree to signature-less delivery. I received a text from shipper that order was canceled and returned to warehouse as per BJ's policy. BJ's customer care could not help me. After 2 weeks and 6 phone calls. I was told that order was canceled, I would receive a refund and could order again. When I ordered it, item was on sale for $200 less. I would have to pay full price and request that BJs would reduce by the $200. I never received a explanation as to why original order was not shipped even though all info was correct. I went elsewhere to purchase item. BJ's showed me they do not care about me being a customer.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I have used BJ’s online shopping couple of times for store pick up. Out of last four orders, three were canceled as unavailable for store pick-up, even though online shows it’s available in the store. Very inconvenient, very unreliable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I have used Bj's online shopping for several orders including flour and baking soda. The flour arrived damaged (bags broken open), and the baking soda was the wrong kind. They admitted that the warehouse people picked the wrong baking soda. My advice is to not shop with Bj's whether it be at a store or online. Their employees are incompetent.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Why do you even charge for a membership when I go in for the service, the help - and actual quality of products. Oh and if I go online, there’s another 10€ for the online provider, another service fee, even more for tipping the drivers YOU don’t hire - and then you send the absolute ** of the ** you must have in store. Oh and you won’t return or give credit - because it can’t possibly be BJ’s causing all these terrible experiences and worse you won’t refund or stop my membership, I explicitly stopped it from renewing and you challenged my husband's card and even with the notes in your system, I’m stuck with another year at the full rate!

So spare yourself - anyone who wants to try this store/not quite a warehouse/def not a home goods and the food is so poorly sourced at this point, not even a nursing home chain would subcontract them. So if you still must must try this awful place, just use my membership number because they really stole the money from me to keep one member one more year. I hope more people share their membership numbers because I don’t even know why they feel so entitled to charge, it’s not like they do ANYTHING for their members anymore!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I ordered a patio set from them on May 31st, we are now into June 17th, and they can't seem to understand why I am frustrated that I have not received my order. I have called several times asking about where my order is, and I was given a number to call. I call that number and all it does is ring. The lady tells me today that the item was in my hometown on June 3rd, yet it got shipped over to Boston Mass and has been there since! Supervisors are no help as they just tell you the same thing that the last person told you. They are not there to help you out and I will never order from them again.

Original review: June 12, 2022

If you are thinking of buying any electronics online from BJs, think twice - they are the worst! I ordered a TV from them, had two appointments with their delivery company, CEVA, to receive it, nobody showed up, then I cancelled the order and BJs is not giving me my money back for over a month. Phone calls, complaints - nothing works! Opened a dispute with the BJs credit card, and they closed it for no reason in a few days. TRAPPED!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Received a bill for $35, sent off on the date it was due. According to BJ's it was not received for 4 days, so they sent me another bill for $37. When I called them on the phone to ask how they justified this they said my APR went up as a result of the late payment. Over 100% interest accrued in 4 days translate to an APR of 9,125%. I don't think a loan shark wouldn't dream of trying to charge those rates. This is at best predatory lending and would be more reasonably called thievery.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information