3.3/5 (1234 ratings)

About BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: May 2, 2022

For the 3rd time in a few months I had to return to the store to return spoiled fruit which was obviously not fresh when I bought it each time. The strawberries were refrigerated immediately on return to my house and within two days they were moldy. Previously, I returned with a box of rotting blueberries same situation. The person at customer service was not very friendly or sympathetic but did receive the funds for that purchase. How about my time lost, gasoline spent and not being able to consume the products that I went to the store to purchase. I have been a cardholder for a number of years, but I intend to cancel it and go to Costco where apparently they appreciate the customers. By the way, I asked for the manager and guess all I got was some lackey that was unhappy with her job.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I placed an order on the 8th of April, 2022. I have not received the order and the shipping was given to a 3rd party shipper who has told us for two weeks that it will be delivered "tomorrow"- the order was almost $400 - BJ's has refused to get in touch with the shipper, has provided no assistance in getting the shipper to answer for this problem and has also refused to refund my money- stating they are "reviewing" my case. There is zero follow up and I was told when I called that it would take 2 days for a decision to be made. I am not sure what the decision is- the shipper has not delivered the order. They owe me either the items or my money but they have refused both. Do not order from BJ's unless you want to be put through this. Getting through to a customer service person is almost impossible. The last time I called I was on hold for 64 minutes and then cut off. I am furious.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Patio table came broken. Been trying to get a new one for 4 weeks. No responses to my emails or I’m told the dept that does returns isn’t responding. Ask to speak to supervisor and was told he doesn’t have one. Can’t get a new table or even a response. Spent $2500. DO NOT SHOP ONLINE AT BJ'S.

Original review: April 20, 2022

First I'd like to say, whenever I call my local BJ's, I never ever get an answer. The phone rings off the hook with no one answering. When I call the toll-free number, I know I'm going to wait 45 minutes or longer before someone answers. We have been looking for months for disposable gloves and they haven't had it. A few days ago, my husband came home with disposable gloves. I was glad to see them until he told me what he paid for them. Before the pandemic BJ's sold for $9.99. My husband paid $29. or $29.99 for the same exact package. The store is not around the corner, so we will keep, but I will go online and order from Amazon or Walmart next time.

Original review: April 18, 2022

If I could have given them no stars I would have, I called customer service to inquire about purchasing an online item and it would not ship to store and they only carried a smaller size at the store. I asked if they ever have any promotions or coupons for free shipping and they said they could not tell me??!! I said Ok I ordered what I wanted and paid 99$ for shipping not even a week later the same item showed up as free shipping! I called customer service numerous times and "cases" opened via email unfortunately the communication barrier with every customer agent who answered either could not understand you or vice versa! Long hold times sometimes over 50 minutes each call and I called 7 times.

So finally I speak to someone who can understand me so he tells me to call Metro (the shipping company) they will reimburse the shipping. So, I call then call them. Metro tells me they can't reimburse any fees. BJ's has to since my payment (Item & shipping) was paid to BJ's. So, Once again I call BJ's customer service number and 32 minutes later I speak to Shawn and he tells me he can't reimburse the shipping I have to call Metro. Needless to say I had to go through, "I just spoke to them and they told me to call you." (As they both point fingers at each other.)

Shawn finally tells me he can't reimburse my shipping because it wasn't free shipping at time of purchase. I said, "OK. I'll cancel my order because I didn't receive it yet and will reorder." HE said, "You can but you won't be refunded for any of your purchase!" WHAT??? I just spent 1700$ and you are telling me I will lose that if I cancel?? I said, "Do you have a supervisor I can speak to?" He said, "I can give you the Corporate email!" I find it hard to believe they don't have a contact to corporate! Terrible customer service. Do not buy anything online. I will make it a point to tell everyone I know to not buy or get a membership from BJ's. Thanks for the runaround BJ's!

Original review: April 7, 2022

Bj's renewed my subscription without my knowledge and I had an outstanding charge of $126, I called to cancel a credit card because I moved to another state, but they didn't cancel my card and they used it to renew my subscription, so now I have to call all 3 credit bureau to get my credit score back to where it was. My credit score was knocked down substantially and Bj's does not care one bit.

Original review: March 24, 2022

After 10 years as a customer, I was charged an unauthorized $170 membership renewal. I called immediately to dispute the charge and was told I would get a refund in 10 days. 10 days later, I got no response. Called again (45 minute wait to talk to one person) and was told they would send it to the credit department. They said they would get back to me in 3 days. 5 days later...no response. From my bank, I have verified that BJs charged my card. My BJ's account does not even show that I have the "service" IF a mistake was made...fine. But the customer service is hard to reach and the individual customer service reps are powerless to help customers in a situation like mine. I basically have had $170 stolen from me by BJ's with no legitimate recourse.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Went to visit my friend at Jensen Beach, and went to the BJ's area and the management at that BJ's is not organized. They only had a girl at the self-checkout and it was extremely busy, all the self-checkout register were getting stock, so everyone was needing help, the girl helping was so sweet, and she was crying. My friend said that that BJ's is under personnel, that they do not have enough workers and is always a struggle. Management is not managing this store.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I have noticed on many taxable purchases, using BJ’s store coupons (paper and ecoupons) which in effect lowers the purchase price, the tax applied is on the pre discount price. Upon complaint, Corporate office provided a copy NewYork State Tax Bulletin TB-ST-140. This provides guidance on the tax application for various situations. In the case of store coupons the discount is taken off the initial price and the tax applied to remainder. In the New York stores I find tax the on the initial price before the discount. Store “managers” dismiss any complaints in this matter. I also put a TV in my cart, the TV was advertised $80. discount. The cart had an additional $ 6.40 tax for this discount. I purchased the same TV at a local competitor for near the same discounted price without the additional tax.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

On 11/24/21 I was in store and had a message pop up regarding my membership. It was my renewal month so I clicked yes. I later found my renewal was already paid and this was an upgrade request. On 12/1/21 I went back into the store to have the membership downgraded and refunded. The downgrade happened right away, but the refund request had to go to corporate. I called the store on 12/13/21 to confirm the request was sent to corporate, it was. I then called corporate and was told I had to wait 7-10 business days from my request, so I waited and called back on 12/16/21. My request at that time was escalated to the credit department.

I called back on 12/22/21 as I still had not received my refund. I was told no one was in the department and that I would receive a callback from the operator at noon. I called back at 2 and spoke to a different person who then got a supervisor on the phone, this person could also not get information for me. After stating that I would dispute the charge with my bank she then hung up on me. I called back again on 12/23/21 and was told the credit department got back to them and said the refund would process in 3-5 business days. I now have to wait another week to see if the refund comes through. All of the people that I spoke to had a foreign accent. So this was most likely a call center and they were less than helpful.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information