2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (354 ratings)

About BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: June 10, 2021

They charged me for membership after I canceled my membership a few weeks before. I had to call them for a refund. The customer service is just horrible. Definitely a store you should avoid. Very shady business.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I was tricked into joining the business club with a product it said I could buy online. After joining and paying the membership fee you couldn't buy the product online but had to go to a store. There are no stores close to me. I never ordered anything and now it is time for automatic renewal of membership. I followed the website's directions on opting out of renewal or canceling membership. You cannot do it online and when I tried to opt out by phone it conveniently says there is an issue. The automated phone didn't have any problems with me typing in my membership number or getting to the right place to opt out but it will not let me do it. This place sucks! STAY AWAY!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

This is 1 of my absolute go to stores. They sell almost everything in bulk and yes you need to be a member, however they often have trial memberships that you can try out for 30-90 days or you are able to have one authorized user on your account. They have paper coupons and digital coupons. You're able to use store coupons with manufacturing coupons, which then you can upload your receipt onto any qualifying apps to save even more $. I find their prices very reasonable and the membership pays for itself in my opinion. You just have to go and see for yourself because this paragraph could easily become a book. Have a great day everyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I purchased an Emerson 7.0 cubic feet upright freezer online for delivery. Delivery was fast, but the freezer had dents in 3 different places. Asked for replacement or refund and nearly two weeks lately, I am still waiting for a pick up of the product and refund because they never got back to me on a replacement.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Placed an order for a smart tv for pick up, the order was approved and charged and then reversed and canceled 3 times! The first 2 times a customer service representative told me it was because of discrepancies on my billing address, the last time and when I was just minutes to pick up got canceled because it was out of stock! A very disappointing first buyer experience at BJ’s! BTW still waiting for a manager to call me for a solution on this matter! So frustrating???

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

This is the second time in two months since purchasing packaged food with bad packaging allowing sealed-in foods to be exposed to the environment. On this instance, I purchased Jack Daniels Seasoned Fully Cooked Pulled Port. Boxed item includes two sealed portioned pouches. One of the two was sealed correctly. The other pouch's seal was through their product, ie. not sealed. The food near the opened pouch was discolored white. Cost of the item at the BJ's Parkland, Florida location was $10.99. In this case trusting food purchased from BJ's Parkland could be a fatal decision.

When returning the item, Manager on Duty Ivan seemed to cop an attitude suggesting that he sees/hears these complaints quite often. His only suggestion was to refund the item or talk to store manager, Anthony **, when he returns sometime next week. When I asked Ivan whether it was possible that BJ's costs are lower than purchasing same item at grocery stores due to BJ's purchasing defective stock from leading manufacturers, Ivan neither agreed nor denied the statement. Considering this being my second time with two different products, and today's manager on duty somewhat agreeing, there seems to be a problem that will affect the health and well being of other customers, and should be reported to health officials. What good is buying wholesale if you could die doing it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Not all employees are rude but two specifically manager and one at the checkout exit. I made a complaint about the individual at the exit checking items, anyone ** would let them out quick but I as an Hispanic would go thoroughly in my cart knowing it was checked out by an associate. It made me feel like if I was stealing. Spoke to the manager about the incidents but it was like speaking to the wall never took action just said is doing his job. For that reason I will never place a foot in any BJ'S Wholesale stores. This happen at Mayslanding, New Jersey. Compared to Sam's wholesales BJ's is out of date.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Cuban butcher at the BJ's store in Ft Myers, Florida intentionally lied about the meat he was selling, and had repackaged it with an extended expiration date. I asked him twice if the meat was fresh and he lied to me twice. When I got home and opened the packaging, it was slimy and smelled foul and rotten, so I had to drive all the way back to the store to request a refund and explain to customer service what had happened, and asked that the general manager investigate the Cuban guy who tried to poison me with rotten meat from BJ's meat department this week.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I signed up for a credit card, didn't activate. Due to Covid, I can't shop, they agreed to cancel membership renewal. 3 months later and many 45 minute calls to them AND their bank. Promises, no action!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I ordered from BJ's online and when I received box, it had someone else's order with their packing slip which included their name, address, phone number and their Bj's account number. It took be 50 minutes to get through to customer service and once on it took one hour to figure out that I needed to repack the box and bring it to my lobby for UPS pickup in 1-5 days. Once they receive return items I would receive a refund. They refused to resend out my order and also more importantly they didn't care to research who may have gotten my personal information. Another phone call took 65 minutes and again on hold for over 30 minutes to be told that they could not identify who received my order with my personal information until it was returned and also refused to confirm who now has my personal information. This is a a breach of my personal security. I will be contacting their legal department.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information