2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (352 ratings)

About BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

BJ's Discriminate shipping to a Hispanic U.S. territory in Puerto Rico, especially now that I need all the help they can get due to the island's electrical problem. BJ's to this date treat us the customer like little kids making us use their discount coupons instead of having their discount automated at the register just like they do in Costco, Sam's Club and other average supermarkets.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I cancelled my membership twice this year 2021 and BJ'S still charging me without authorization. They keep the card member information and every year they charge the customers. I called the 8002572582 where is an option for this specific issue and they kept records on the notes but still charging you.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I was in BJ's twice in a month and the line to check out was all the way around the back of the warehouse. That’s just shows they don’t care about their customers. I have never seen anything like this except at Christmas in Kohl’s. I also am a member of Costco and never ever waited 20 minutes in a line. Even in their return line is Buick. I have no desire to ever go back to bjs again. I will stick with Costco

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

BJ's charged my credit card without my authorization for my yearly membership renewal. Not only, they charged one month earlier than the renewal due date. Early this year BJ's was offering a Mastercard promotion. I signed for the new card, but never authorized to use it for my membership renewal. They acted on my behalf without my authorization. "CUSTOMERS OF BJ'S PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS ". The membership renewal was 7/31/2021, they charged on 7/01/2021. Since, I never used this credit card, and never received a paper statement, I got charged a $31.00 late fee. I called and complained, and got all these reversed, but please be aware of this illegal practice.

Original review: June 29, 2021

On June 10, 2021, I placed an order online for the Berkley Jensen Rowley 9PC Aluminum Sling Dining Set. The set was available online and I was charged fully for the item. Two days later I received a call from CEVA Logistics which is the company Bj's used for my delivery requesting me to schedule a date for the delivery and I did. I schedule the delivery for June 19, 2021. I had planned a celebration for father's day and for my son's graduation and I ended up canceling the celebration because someone lost the item and they can't locate it. I called CEVA Logistics and they stated that the item was a no show, then I called Bj's Care support and they don't know what happened.

I explained my frustration and all they can say is "I will look into the issues and I will give you a call within 72 hours". I've been told the same thing about 10 times. I've been calling them every day for the past two weeks and I don't see a resolution in the near future. Yesterday I called Ceva Logistics once again and that stated they located the item but can't be delivered it to me because someone at bj's requested a return. I called Bj's Care support to find out and no one there seems to have an answer. Every time I called I speak to someone new. I have to explain myself every time I called. I have requested to speak to a manager and for some odd reason they never available and I'm told they would call me within 24 hours. At this point, I feel robbed. It's been 20 days of stress and high blood pressure. I don't have the item or my money back. This has been the worst nightmare of my whole life. Stay away from the club.

Original review: June 10, 2021

They charged me for membership after I canceled my membership a few weeks before. I had to call them for a refund. The customer service is just horrible. Definitely a store you should avoid. Very shady business.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I was tricked into joining the business club with a product it said I could buy online. After joining and paying the membership fee you couldn't buy the product online but had to go to a store. There are no stores close to me. I never ordered anything and now it is time for automatic renewal of membership. I followed the website's directions on opting out of renewal or canceling membership. You cannot do it online and when I tried to opt out by phone it conveniently says there is an issue. The automated phone didn't have any problems with me typing in my membership number or getting to the right place to opt out but it will not let me do it. This place sucks! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

This is 1 of my absolute go to stores. They sell almost everything in bulk and yes you need to be a member, however they often have trial memberships that you can try out for 30-90 days or you are able to have one authorized user on your account. They have paper coupons and digital coupons. You're able to use store coupons with manufacturing coupons, which then you can upload your receipt onto any qualifying apps to save even more $. I find their prices very reasonable and the membership pays for itself in my opinion. You just have to go and see for yourself because this paragraph could easily become a book. Have a great day everyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I purchased an Emerson 7.0 cubic feet upright freezer online for delivery. Delivery was fast, but the freezer had dents in 3 different places. Asked for replacement or refund and nearly two weeks lately, I am still waiting for a pick up of the product and refund because they never got back to me on a replacement.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Placed an order for a smart tv for pick up, the order was approved and charged and then reversed and canceled 3 times! The first 2 times a customer service representative told me it was because of discrepancies on my billing address, the last time and when I was just minutes to pick up got canceled because it was out of stock! A very disappointing first buyer experience at BJ’s! BTW still waiting for a manager to call me for a solution on this matter! So frustrating???

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information