1.23/5

285 BJ's Wholesale Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have a BJ's Perks Mastercard through Comenity Bank? If you are considering a Comenity Bank credit card, USERS BEWARE! I pay off all my credit cards in full each month via my credit union's on-line bill pay. Last month, I had a larger than usual balance on my BJ's Mastercard due to a furniture purchase and final payment on my daughter's wedding. When our credit union attempted to make the electronic payment, Comenity Bank wouldn't accept it because of the larger amount and insisted the credit union issue a draft check by mail.

Long story short, our credit union (in Maryland) mailed the check on November 13th (five days before payment was due) and Comenity Bank (in Texas) claims they didn't receive the check until November 26th (liars), thus charging interest and a late fee to our account. After speaking with three Comenity Bank credit card managers (and having a credit union rep on the phone for the third call), Comenity Bank waived the late fee, but refused to credit the interest charged to our BJ's Mastercard account. I was told we can submit a letter from our credit union through Comenity Bank's dispute resolution process. Comenity Bank is playing games, and I DON'T TRUST THEM!! Needless to say, we won't be using that credit card anymore!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

BJ's advertised a one day promotion on November 10th for a Samsung 58 inch Led TV and a free Samsung soundbar with free shipping. I purchased this offer and my credit card was billed for the product/offer. I did not receive a confirmation number, but I could see the charges on my credit card. Later, a credit for the charges appeared on my credit card. I spoke to the BJ's Customer Service and had to tell the story many times to individuals. I spoke in the chat room, on the phone and made a follow up call.

Bj's Customer Service could not see a transaction for the offer but did see a transaction for me for a lesser amount and this transaction had a confirmation number, but I had no record of this mystery transaction. This raised additional concerns. BJ's or whoever was in their system, was able to charge my credit card and make other strange charges. The bottom line is that they would not honor the offer and did not care about the issues that were experienced in their online order system. I feel my information was compromised and this should be a concern for BJ's but they do not care.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

People, I cannot stress this strongly enough. DO NOT BUY TIRES AT BJ's. I swear this is 100% true and still I have correspondence from BJ's employees to verify it. BJ's buys 8th rate garbage tires from a shady distributor called Simple Tire LLC and Simple Tire floods BJ's supply chain with old tires. Tires degrade even when not being used and rubber has a finite shelf life. The lifespan of a tire is 4-5 years now even if the tire has never seen the road. It doesn't matter about the mileage rating or the mileage you've done, if the tire has sat in a climate controlled warehouse for 48 months it's about as far along in its lifespan as one that's been on your car for 48 months, it's almost dead and has very little time left before it becomes useless. And these are the tires BJ's is allowing Simple Tire LLC to send them. In fact, those are the only tires that Simple Tire LLC stocks and that's why BJ's uses them.

When you log onto the BJ's website, place an order through your BJ's membership, pay BJ's, set up an appointment with a BJ's Tire Center to have tires installed by a BJ's employee it's probably Simple Tire LLC that ships the tires from their warehouse to the BJ's Tire Center and they send out old, almost dead garbage. And BJ's doesn't care. This is all verified, direct from BJ's employees. I had an appointment to have tires installed today. Placed the order through BJ's, paid BJ's, got confirmation from BJ's, went to BJ's and the tires that were waiting to be put on my car were almost four years old.

They had been manufactured in January 2015 and had, at most, 12-15 months of life left before the rubber started to crack from age. And it could have been a lot less than that. But because these tires has never been installed and were aging in a warehouse rather than in a junkyard they were technically "NEW" according to Simple Tire LLC and to BJ's Tire Center. I of course refused to have them installed and contacted BJ's about what seems to be a pretty significant problem, one that is dangerous to BJ's customers and borderline illegal to pass off 4-year-old product as "new" when BJ's knows the lifespan of tires is 5 years.

BJ's response floored me. I had hoped that maybe BJ's wasn't aware of the problem, but they are. The CSR knew and the guy at the tire center knew. I was told point blank to shut up and go away, that it's not their problem and that even if I order from them, pay them and have the tires installed at their stores by their employees its Simple Tire LLC's fault and BJ's refuses to do anything to rectify it or help customers who get screwed by their tires having a reduced lifespan. They're knowingly allowing their customers to buy old, worn out, dangerous tires that are advertised as "New". Simple Tire LLC IS NOT an authorized factory distributor of most of the brands they carry and the manufacturers disavow any relationship with them or their actions. Simple Tire LLC is essentially a tire clearinghouse that buys the garbage that other more ethical businesses won't sell.

When an authorized distributor of a name brand tire gets hung with old merchandise that they don't want to sell to THEIR OWN customers, Simple Tire LLC buys it for pennies on the dollar and then resells it to BJ's who sell it at FULL PRICE to their "members". That's the truly infuriating part of this sleazy relationship. The tires that Tire Rack won't sell to their customers because they're too old, the tires that Town Fair Tire won't sell to their customers because they're too old are the tires that BJ's buys and resells to their MEMBERS.

You are paying to belong to BJ's and you get treated worse than Tire Rack and Town Fair tires treat people who walk in off the street. BJ's is plenty big enough and has enough clout and buying power to source tires from anywhere. They can set up deals directly with the manufacturer. They can source from legit national distributors or resellers like Tire Rack. But they don't. They intentionally source the tires from the sleaziest re-seller they can find because those are the ones they can buy cheapest and resell to you at the best margin.

This relationship is dangerous and is designed to hide the business practices of both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC from the buyer. Simple Tire claims that what they're doing is okay because they "disclose" it on their site. That much at least is true, it's on their site 22 clicks deep if you know where to look. But the buyer who goes through BJ's is not given that information. They order from BJ's, pay BJ's and deal entirely with BJ's employees at BJ's locations. BJ's does not tell people they're dealing with Simple Tire LLC, BJ's does not tell people they're getting 3 or 4-year-old tires with a short shelf life and the customer has no way to know if they're not familiar with DOT codes.

BJ's knows what's happening and hides the very existence of Simple Tire LLC age disclaimer which is well hidden on Simple Tire LLC and almost impossible to find even if you know it's there. This is an ongoing case of fraud on a very large scale. BJ's Tire Center customers are only getting a small portion of the tire life they're paying for and both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC conspire to hide that information from them. To make matters worse, even when caught out, both BJ's and Simple Tire LLC throw up a joint smoke screen to keep the customer spinning around without recourse. I have correspondence from both companies trying to resolve this issue.

Simple Tire flatly refuses to get involved because BJ's buys the tires from them and knows what they're getting and therefore, according to some rather sketchy ethical justifications, it's BJ's fault for not stopping them from sending out old tires. BJ's flatly refuses to get involved and insisted that I contact Simple Tire LLC directly because they shipped the tires and it's their fault, not BJ's fault. That can go on forever unless somebody else gets involved. How about you? If you got involved maybe a little public pressure might force them to stop tag-teaming the consumer to rob them.

BJ's needs to disclose the source of its tires, BJ's needs to warn consumers that they're accepting tires that are far older than what is acceptable by industry standards and that those tires would have a vastly shorter lifespan than a new one. And maybe someone should audit the tires that have already gone out the door at BJ's Tire Centers to see how many customers have already been fooled into thinking they were getting new tires and instead got tires that are worth far less than they paid. And while you're at it, look into how this marriage took place in the first place. Simple Tire LLC is known to do stuff like this and it's hard to believe that BJ's could fail on such an epic scale to properly vet a business partner. Follow the money.

If you are thinking about buying tires from BJ's, DON'T. If you have already bought tires from BJ's, check them or have them checked by a legit tire dealer or installer. Every passenger car tire sold in the US has what is called a D.O.T. code on the sidewall. Most people don't know it's there and BJ's wants to keep it that way. But that code is very important to the consumer, it's the date of manufacture. It's a four-digit code that is week and year that the tire was made and you should check it on EVERY TIRE that you buy. If it says 2217 that means the tire was made during the 22nd week of 2017, 0218 means that it was made 2nd week of 2018.

You should check that code on every tire you buy or plan to buy, it's as important as the sell-by date on milk or ground beef. If you've bought tires at BJ's recently, check it now and see what you REALLY paid for. You might have paid full price for a tire you thought was new and you might have gotten three to four-year-old junk that has 1/10th of the lifespan you think you bought. If you got hosed, go back and raise hell. BJ's ethics or lack of ethics on this matter means the only way they're going to stop is if their members stop them. DON'T PAY FOR OLD TIRES. DEMAND BETTER. You're a "member" at BJ's and that should mean something to you because it doesn't seem to mean much to them.

Don't trust BJ's and heck, don't even trust me. I ask you to not take what I've told you on faith. Research it yourself. Look up Simple Tire LLC and the string of complaints against them. Consult with a legit tire seller/installer and ask them to explain DOT codes to you, check yours and explain why they don't sell old tires. And ask them what they think of anyone in their business who sells three and four-year-old tires as "new". Tell them that's what BJ's does and they'll tell you exactly what I'm telling you, word for word. DO NOT BUY TIRES AT BJ's TIRE CENTERS. EVER!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I visited the store to take part in the promotion that they had going on and was charged an extra 20% for some random charge that I was not notified about. When I contacted customer service I was then told there's nothing that they can do. That's ridiculous. If I knew there was going to be a charge I would have never taken part in that promo.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had a fraudulent charge on my checking account from BJ's. I've never heard of this company until today. I notified my bank and started the fraud process. I was instructed to call BJ's as well. I spoke with a customer service agent who told me he couldn't look up the purchase because I wasn't a member. I asked to speak to fraud or accounts department and he said there is no such department. He said my bank will handle it on their end then contact BJ's. I said, "What's the number to that department they would call." He replied, "There is no department." What! Then who would they contact. He said, "The dispute team." "Well connect me to the dispute team now!" "I have no way of doing that." "Well can I speak with a manager please." He replied, "There is no one I can connect you with!" All he did was try to over talk me. He wasn't listening. He was just scripting!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I was told by BJ's that they have an option called "Add to card" online where you can clip the coupons to your membership card. That's nice, but still why? We are members, the sales w/ or w/o coupons should be automatically given to the members at checkout w/o all these extra work in advance. Are you kidding me? I can understand if they have a special promotion like giving out a $10 coupon or $20 coupon if you make a purchase over $50, maybe they can still justify for clipping those special coupons but as far as coupons are for in-house merchandise, they should eliminate coupon clipping (or pre-load to your membership card before shopping), save work for everyone, no need to have a special app to save coupon electronically to our membership card before we go shopping at BJ's, no need for the checkout software to see if sales price should be given to the member depending on whether or not the coupons are preloaded on their membership card.

Come on. Do you know how ridiculous this sounds, almost as if BJ's does not want to give the sale price to the members if they do not do any extra work--clipping coupons or preload coupons to their membership card? What's the point of being an annual paid member there? We have to clip coupons or load coupons electronically in order to get the sale? If we do that, we can go to supermarkets for shopping. Why bother to pay to join BJ's? What is the upper management of BJ's thinking? They ought to spring into the action of getting rid of this ridiculous policy. I cannot believe all the BJ's customers are allowing this coupon thing to happen, to continue to happen... I don't get it... I will not continue my membership if they do not stop this nonsense. I will join Costco instead. No coupon clipping there, all sale is automatically given to the customers at the checkup.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am completely dissatisfied with the Poor BJ's Wholesale Club & BJ hunt. It is really a false company who just advertises to get customers but they provide zero service to you. Their staff & associates are too rude to talk & never help to solve the problem. My husband ordered for a Whirlpool Dishwasher 1 month back. They scheduled delivery appointment for 15th September & when they came they refused to deliver the product & said, "You need to Uninstall the old dishwasher" which they didn't inform earlier and went back & again rescheduled for 27th September.

Whole day me & my husband waited for the item to get delivered but nobody showed up, again it was rescheduled for 4th October. They got the damaged piece & As it was damage we sent it back & when I call the service tech they say they would reschedule again after 10 days & when I asked for the compensation the lady gives me $20 as a credit. I Would really advise you do not buy any products especially any appliances with the so called BJ's as they take your money but provide you nothing on time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased a Generac gas pressure washer from BJ's and after first use I was not at all happy with the product. It's so hard to start and the soap dispenser not working and lot smoke coming and I want to return that product and Bj's don't take it back since they don't take back any product with gas. So be very careful with Bj's and I have Sam's Club and Costco membership too. I never experience any issue with them. Now I am stuck with this product so read the fine print before you buy something from Bj's and I never want shop place like this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Pray that you never need customer service because they don't have any and they are not there for you. Don't ever think of using their auto buying program, they will work real hard at denying you the promised and advertised perk. After weeks of emails they say they will make a bad situation right and mail me a gift card within two week. They never sent the gift card. Now they don't respond. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

BJ's card was refused at the gas pump 3 different times. I saw others have the same problem. Attendant said there was nothing he can do. I went inside to check on the card and was told it was GOOD. This place is a dump compared to Costco, no more bfs for me. Going to Costco.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am seeing the downward trend at BJ’s. I've been willing to forgive the few times I've had bad experiences there (bad food, rude employees). But today I was made to feel guilty through no fault of my own. It might sound dramatic, but that's how I felt and I can't shake it. Basically, the employee at the exit who checks outgoing carts caught an item that the cashier had missed (I wasn't paying attention either so I missed it too). The employee at the exit was very thorough. I've always wondered how these cart checkers did their job; I suppose they should count everything, right? What if someone has 200 items in their cart? Will they spend the 2 or 3 minutes counting, and maybe counting again (like what happened with me with only 19 items)? They should, right?

But in all my years as a BJ shopper, I've really never had a problem being held up on the way out; either the checkers weren't really counting or they were very very fast and good at what they do. But I figured that, setting aside actual shoplifting (which this occasion wasn't), the scales should balance with cashiers missing a scan here and there and cashiers ringing items twice here and there with my dozens of shopping trips. But to shame and make customers wait because of their cashiers' mistakes? Come on, BJ’s. I hope this employee was just an overly zealous one-off, and you realize how much this is costing you in good will.

And I hope race doesn't have something to do with it. I am Asian-American. The employee checker says she checks everybody's cart very thoroughly. Yes, even very full carts with things buried? With only one of you at the exit, are you going to move things around to count everything, and maybe count more than once? How about the lady behind me with even more items than mine? You waved her through in less than 30 seconds. You counted all the items in her cart, you say? That Costco membership is looking better and better.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was shopping yesterday August 3 and wanted something from the deli department. One of the deli employees (female) dirty looking, hair all over the place no net, make up running down her face. She looked like a clown. I didn't think it could get worse than a male employee started washing his face in a small sink behind the deli counter, but visible to all the public. Then after washing his face, wet his hands about 3/4 times to "slick his hair back" so wet his hands then ran his wet hands thru his hair to push it back. I was horrified. Next door to him was the rotisserie chicken and they heard me say to my husband how gross that was and I wasn't buying deli from them (Setauket NY), he told him, "hey a customer just watched you." He could've cared less. Never again!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Tired of being asked every time I shop what type of improvements I would like to make to our home! Not to mention that the home improvement seems to specialize in marketing and aggressively upsells the most expensive repair possible and is a total RIPOFF. Once I made appointment with canvasser for our two front bay windows that were crooked. They don't make repairs but instead replace. So the quote for replacing both front bays and 6 windows all together came to $12K. My mother-in-law recently had all the windows in her house replaced for only $8K. We got a local window guy repair the sagging bays which realigned our original windows for $500. I'm seriously considering canceling my membership to avoid the hassle and browbeating. Last time wasted 1/2 hour trying to decline the service. It is not worth the minimal amount of savings in prices.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First week of June I ordered a sunglass over phone with BJ’s customer support. It was a business address where they needed to ship it instead of my home. As it was a surprise for my husband. They didn’t sent me any order confirmation, 3 days later called them for the email and tracking. June 13th on tracking showed, they couldn’t deliver the package at the address. USPS never left any note or anything. I called BJ’s customer care several times to know what’s going on with the order. July 5th I asked to cancel the order and refund. Waited two weeks and then called them on July 18th for the status of my order cancellation. And every time I start over. BJ’s customer service people just lie and don’t do their work properly.

I ordered with them, I paid the money and never received my item. Now they are sending me email saying, I have to give them the item back to get my refund. How can I give the item back, when I never received it!!! Customer care people can totally see that USPS never delivered the item. But they are not resolving the issue. They are just lying, that someone will call me and take care of it, they will send me email. But nothing yet. Again I called them today, and the girl's name Deanbra told me she is charging some sort of things with my return request. And will send me email. Yes, I heard the same story before. Nothing changed. Just going back and forth with the BJ’s customer care people, and telling my same old story to a new person every time I call. I’m just stuck with them with an order I never received. I don’t know what to do! Very disappointed at BJ’s service.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Terrible, nonexistent service. The staff ignores you, you can’t get any service at the deli (which really needs to be self serve if you are going to be ignored), staff just stands around and will not even acknowledge you, even when you are the only customer present. Management is never around; the line employees run the place and do whatever they want, which isn’t much. Never seen a store where employees can routinely ignore and be rude to customers. Also prices are high, selection is bad, and they have the temerity to charge a $55 annual fee. Well, this is one person who is not renewing this worthless membership. Other stores provide better service at the same, if not lower price. And I’m Not one to demand/expect much. Unspeakably awful.

Original review: July 23, 2018

In a positive note, the products at the deli are great. On the negative side, the assistants who work in the deli need some education on slicing, speed and attention to the customer. For example, there is usually one person and often a line waiting. Almost every person who slices is very slow. This happens at both the BJ's where I shop. The one in Brier Creek and the BJ's on Capital Blvd... Raleigh, NC. Sometimes, there is more than one person behind the counter, but the second person is attending to other duties while everyone waits.

There is sometimes conversation between the employees, or employee and customer that holds up the customers. A little friendliness goes a long way. When asking for a pound of one or more of the products, a pound and a quarter is not acceptable. On one occasion, I bought approximately 6 or 7 lbs of cold cuts/cheeses. Every item was 1/4 lb over. Customers in line are usually talking about the slow speed and long wait that is the norm... as am I. Thank you.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I’m extremely dissatisfied with the entire ordeal that I’m STILL going through with the Abingdon BJs Tire location. My husband blew a tire on 95 6/28, we’ve always had a great experience in the past so it was a no brainer to call our local BJs store and ask for help. First off, the associate who answered the phone on 6/28 at 530pm was extremely rude, lazy, and downright opposite of what we’ve experienced before. He stated that if we wanted tires, go online and set it all up because ‘I don't have time for you’. Then we stated our emergency situation and he asked why he should care. We hung up extremely frustrated, figured it wouldn't be hard to figure out online and hoped that we wouldn’t get that associate when we dropped off the car.

The second disappointment came when we tried to make an appointment and nothing was available until 7/5. Knowing we had to go a week with a donut on the car was unnerving while carting two young children along. Then the night before the appointment, I received an email from BJs confirming my appointment for 7/5. Okay, at this point I thought things were turning around and this professional courtesy was definitely setting a better tone. We have an appointment at 630 and show up at 615pm. The associate greets my husband and asks if he has an appointment, he replies yes, then proceeds to check our Appointment. He asks if we received an email that the tires were delivered. We advised we received the appointment confirmation, the receipt for the transaction, but nothing else.

The guy starts going on a rant that he doesn’t have time for this, they are short handed and everyone in the tire center is lazy, he gets no support from management and everyone is starting to have a poor experience. I ask what can we do to rectify the situation? Where are the tires? When do shipments come in? He proceeds to shrug and say he is just a mechanic and can’t help us. If the tires aren’t here, he can’t do anything for us. He refused to call any additional assistance whether his supervisor or the store manager, when we asked he said he is busy and can’t be bothered. We leave the tire store and walk to the store front and speak to the on duty operations manager who was very kind and did try to search through the entire delivery area in case it was delivered store side instead of tire side.

He took our names and phone numbers and said he would reach out the following day, offered a gas card for the wasted trip but we declined. Thinking it was just a slight misunderstanding and we would have our tires the next day. Friday comes and goes with no follow through from the tire store or the main store, Saturday we call in the morning and are told it’s the first time anyone is hearing about our problem but the only way to find the tires is to call the online support team because the store has nothing to do with the orders.

We were told we needed to call and they couldn’t assist in any way. So we call the online support center and were told that the tires are unable to be tracked but if we call back at 1pm on Sunday, there will be a manager on duty that can assist. I’m trying to be patient and wait calmly for someone to find these tires but my patience is growing thin. Not only is this a poor customer service event but you're increasingly placing my family in jeopardy with making us continue to use of a donut for a tire on an everyday use car with a max speed of 45mph. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had and will make sure that it’s a known experience until something is changed in the process.

Original review: June 5, 2018

BJ's store located in very convenient distance from my home. So we have memberships since they have opened. We do shopping with them regularly every two weeks. First I was disappointed when noticed dirty and in some kind broken elevators. Something wrong with their doors. They opened slowly and with ugly noises. Every time I’m very scared to use them. I want concentrate my point that nothing changed for today. Also a lot of frustrated shopping carts throughout the parking area. But when you come inside into the store (that area, where supposed shopping carts to be - is empty) and I have to come back and grab cart from the parking.

We have a little kid and he loves to pretend that he is driver, when we do shopping with special shopping cart designed with a toy car in a front. BJ's has only few of them. And every time we come that carts becomes more and more in horrible condition. Finally, instead to chance for a new ones they disappear completely. But all that complaints above are nothing in comparison our yesterday’s experience. As usual no shopping carts in the designated area.

Big unpleasant surprise was later. BJ's changed human cashier for a self service machine. We stayed in a line for 40 minutes, although we were second in a line!!! What I noticed wasted my time in a line??? That every customer asked for help during scanning products on every second thing. That’s why the line becomes longer and longer. Surely it was two or three lines with a real cashier, but it is not enough for that amount of customers. BJ's corporate wants to save money not paying salaries for cashiers, but it is no good for us, customers. I am thinking to stop shopping in BJ's if they doesn’t resolve that issue.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I found the overall savings extraordinary. But to get that saving I spent an extreme amount of time going thru coupon booklet so I sometimes don’t go there just for that reason. But if you have the time it’s fantastic.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Their merchandise is easy to find and priced well. They take coupons which unlike some other stores allows for additional savings. Customer service is very good as well and everyone is very helpful and friendly. I’m very happy with my experience at BJ’s.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I will never do business with BJ's Wholesale Club Tire Center again. First, they never answer the phone during regular business hours. They are always too busy to take walk-in service, and they work on an appointment system that is often a week or more backlogged, but, because they don't answer the phone, you must go there, make an appointment, then come back to have the work done. Very frustrating waste of time. Also, I was required to pre-pay for tires they didn't even have in inventory, and for which they couldn't provide a definitive ETA.

I had a 3-month-old tire replaced under warranty a few months ago. I dropped the wheel off and was told to come back to pick it up at a specific time. When I returned, they hadn't start the work yet. Rather than apologize, the tech behind the counter had an extremely confrontational and condescending attitude. After talking to the store manager, he agreed to "expedite" my replacement... the next day. When I arrived the next day they had replaced my tire with one that had a COMPLETELY different tread pattern, claiming that it was "approved" by the manufacturer as an equivalent tire. Note that this is a front tire, and that two substantially different tread patterns affect handling. I looked it up later and found that it was a substantially cheaper tire. Fed up with their incompetence, indifference and unprofessional behavior, I chose not to continue arguing and told them to put it on my truck.

A week later I lowered my tailgate and found that they had put the spare in the bed of my truck rather than re-mount it underneath where it belongs. I had a similar terrible experience with my wife's tires a few months before. In the future I'll chose to pay more to do business with a company who employees techs who know what they're doing, and who actually take some pride in what they do.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My family purchased a Vizio 39" tv on 4/3/18. It was for $199.99. I come to find out Walmart had the same exact tv identical model for an everyday price of $179.99. My family called BJ's and asked them if they priced matched. They were very rude and arrogant. They said, “No.” I called the store and asked them who do they think they are speaking to with that type of behavior. I demanded a supervisor and I explained everything. She kept on trying to tell me that was a sale price at Walmart. I told her it was an everyday price and confirmed it with Walmart and still on the phone she had an attitude. Then she said, “I will check with my general manager. He'll call you tomorrow 4/4/18 at 2:00pm.” He never called.

I called the store. The general manager did not want to get on the phone. The assistant manager said to me, “We will not price match.” Mind you BJ's is a wholesale club. In my opinion they are deceiving customers. I will never buy an appliance again there. The is my first year of membership. Now they refuse to give me my membership money back. I will never buy there again. It’s a rip off, scamming people. Good luck! I brought back the tv and got my money back! Beware people. Compare prices. They'll rip you off with no shame. Real professional. I'm not going to support them again.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Purchased an LG dryer online on January 31st. The dryer was delivered and installed on February 22, when I attempted to use it the next day it kept tripping the breaker. Had the breaker looked at, no problem. The problem was the cord was broken while being installed. Called and they sent someone out from the installation company on 3/17 and he confirmed that not only was cord improperly installed but there was a plate that was broken. He took pictures and sent them back to company. Have called BJ's numerous times and they say that the new dryer has to come from LG and they haven't heard from them. So here it is the beginning of April and I still have no dryer but I had to pay my credit card bill so they have their money. I will NEVER again purchase anything major at BJ's.

Original review: March 22, 2018

On 2/19 I purchased an item online described with a specific product model #. Item was part of a kit consisting of a leaf blower, weed trimmer, and 2 batteries. Item shipped late and finally arrived 03/02. Well something arrived. They shipped wrong item... Different part # consisting of trimmer and DIFFERENT, inferior leaf blower and only one (smaller) battery. I immediately contact phone CS and they said they made a mistake and listed and sold me the wrong item - and that the item that arrived WAS the correct item. I was offered $25 credit to keep it. HA! Blower is inferior and missing battery had a replacement value of $60. NO THANKS! I was emailed a UPS return label with RMA. I printed it out and it went in mail next day.

Item was large and return shipping was VERY slow, but on 3/12 item was signed for and received. BJ's stated within 2 business days after return was received I should have my refund. On 3/14 I received email asking why I hadn't shipped the return back yet. On 3/15 I contacted phone customer service and told them my story and asked why I still had no refund. I was assured by end of 3/19 I would be refunded. It's 3/22 and today I received another email requesting my return to be shipped - and I still have no refund. This is beginning to sound like a charge-back will be necessary. I am very thankful UPS tracking is much more reliable than BJ's. I am just wondering how are they still in business?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I'm completely dissatisfied with a former club I belonged to. BJ's Wholesale Club is a joke that falsely advertises to their customers. I went in to buy a mattress and box spring set advertised with a manufacturer coupon for 100 dollars off... Still a $299 purchase. I started in Riverhead where they searched the store and found no box spring to sell with the mattress. Then I tried Bellport who also had no box spring for the mattress. They tell me they will be getting a shipment of mattress one month then box springs the next. Who wants to wait 2 months to get a mattress and box spring to sleep on when they advertise the SET?

Then I call corporate to see if they can keep a customer and the only thing they could do was look up locations that have the set upstate New York and tell me it's the club's fault when the club blames corporate. Needless to say I have terminated my membership and will deal with a competitor that will appreciate my business as a customer. If you have a BJs membership I recommend you open your eyes to what they are doing to you and if you don't like the way they are treating you as a customer CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP. They do not value their customers here.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We had been members of BJ's Wholesale Club in Sarasota, FL, since 2007. Until recently our relationship had always been good. The staff was friendly and the prices were decent. Returns were easily handled. Our friendly relationship with BJ's began to deteriorate in June, 2017. We discovered BJ's own store-branded “Berkley & Jensen” alkaline batteries in our television remote control had leaked or exploded and caused a deep, permanent acid burn in top of our media center. We immediately contacted the store manager. At his request, we emailed him a statement explaining exactly what happened, along with photos of the damage and batteries, and a scan of the sales receipt for our media center. In addition, we included a photo of even more B&J batteries that we subsequently found were leaking inside their original packaging. All the batteries were well within their marked shelf life, and all had been properly used and stored.

BJ's never bothered to contact us again. Instead, we were contacted by a third-party negotiator, Sedgwick Claims Management in Pennsylvania. We again emailed all the details, plus a $600 repair estimate. Sedgwick, however, seemed to have only one job: to get rid of us. Instead of dealing with the issue directly, Sedgwick told us to contact the battery manufacturer in China—despite that BJ's store-branded batteries did not list a manufacturer. As we discovered in our legal research, all parties—retailer, shipper, manufacturer—have potential liability regarding defective products. But BJ's and Sedgwick were not interested in any of that.

We emailed Zhongyin Ningbo Battery & Electrical Appliance Co in China. They requested, once again, all the information on the incident, which we sent. Plus they wanted the actual leaking/exploded batteries shipped to them for “examination”. The shipping company told us what we already expected: that hazardous materials such as this cannot be shipped. After explaining that to Ningbo, they eventually offered us $100 for our troubles. We countered their offer and have heard nothing from them since.

So there you have it: BJ's does not stand by their products. More and more of the products sold at BJ's carry their own store brand, and you may have no idea what company actually makes the product. We also found, too late for us, that BJ's batteries have a history of being defective. In addition, BJ's membership agreement contains an arbitration clause that severely limits a customer's ability to recover damages for defective products that cause damage. Nice. Bottom line, If you are looking to join a wholesale club, check out their membership agreement and any complaints from members.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Kearny, NJ - this particular BJ's location customer service and price gagging is so bad lots people are NOT renewing their membership. Therefore I am doing the same. Besides that store doesn't carry even enough merchandise. Return and exchange policy and handling customer credit and debit card differ from other BJ's. So I will urge all local BJ's customer to not go back to this place.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I purchased tires with road hazard and my membership expired. They are now charging me a 20% surcharge for the road hazard repair. I spoke to a manager and she said there was nothing she could do about it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

This review is only for the optical department because no major problems in other departments. I tried to take advantage of what they called a half price offer for a pair of glasses. I ended up paying over $400 for all the specifics of the kind I got and that included the half price and two other discounts! When I called another Warehouse Club to compare all the specifics of the kind of glasses I got I was quoted a price of about $50 less and that is their regular price! The other problem at my local BJ's Optical department is that one person there acts like a robot! So they do not even respond appropriately when you talk to them. Thus I would say steer clear of BJ's Optical because they are not a discount place and also they charge higher prices for comparable eyeglass frames than the other store I mentioned!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The last two times I was at BJ's I noticed the prices were getting higher and higher. Secondly they hold $100.00 back from my credit card for 18.00 bucks worth of gas. I see no reason to continue with them so back to Costco for me.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information