3.80/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

BJ's Wholesale Club

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

303 BJ's Wholesale Club Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have placed an order for **4 mg Original ** Gum on 05/21/19. The package arrived today 05/28/19. The problem was both items were expired. The first one - Lot AE958 expired on October 2018, the second -LotAG269 expired on February 2019. Shipping out an expired product was unacceptable and shows the BJ's philosophy about their customers.

Original review: May 22, 2019

BJ's needs to correct their computer systems to allow scanned and accurately agent ringed BJ's coupons come off from customer’s bills. BJ's needs to correct their computer glitch, identify and adequately refund customers you have been cheated.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wanted to order food from my local B.J.'s delivered to my home in another town, I called and was told by the rep that it was possible to order food and have it delivered so I joined the club for the $55 fee. As soon as I was a member I tried to shop the website and found none of the food was available for deliver. I immediately tried to cancel the membership and was told it would be cancelled on Feb 22nd 2019. I called again in March and was told again 7-10 days for the refund. It is May 6th the membership has still not been cancelled and no money refunded, I called again today and was told to wait another 7-10 days for the membership to be cancelled and money refunded. The latest rep says memberships can't be cancelled the same day they are joined so I am waiting to see if I need to call yet again to get my money back.

Original review: May 5, 2019

This was my second time, that I had to go to the customer service counter to have coupons I clipped on the BJ’s website did not deduct off my bill, when I actually purchased the exact item listed. I thought this happened in the past, but didn’t have time to go stand in the customer service line. The last two times I shopped, I brought up the clipped coupon on my phone, took a picture of them as I purchased each item so I could track to be sure the coupons came off my bill. Last time, it was 14.50 of coupons that did not come off my bill, today it was 6.75. What about the times I didn’t catch it. If you advertise to clip coupons on your website and say they will deduct automatically, why is it not working.

The customer service staff have to look up each item on the receipt, be sure it matches what is in the cart, then look in a coupon book to cut out the coupon in order to give me the dollars due. Time in which I did not plan on spending at the customer service counter (girl working there was asked a question by the associate taking care of me was also very rude). My time and money is very important to me! When I asked why the coupons didn’t deduct, no one knows the answer. How many customers are using the website to clip coupons, and not getting the credit and do not realize it, looks like big bucks in BJ’s pocket. I did not clip the coupons same day either. If your website doesn’t work for clipped coupons, do not offer it, so customers are not being ripped off.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Went to do my shopping to find that 2 of the items that I purchased last week had gone up $5.00 on each item. They were NOT on sale last week. Clipped the coupons from your book and three of the items were NOT carried by the store. Typical of most stores where you buy a membership and they start raising prices shortly after grand opening. SAD. I sought out a new wholesale club because I was sick of Sam's. Well, it turns out I may have made a mistake. Guess I’ll renew my Sam's membership. Have already told my experience to my relatives and will tell my friends if they ask.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been a long-time member of BJ’s and like their warehouse stores. HOWEVER, over the years I have tried to make several purchases from BJs.com and every year and every order has been a complete disaster. 1st: None of estimated delivery dates of the items on-line are an indication of the actual delivery date. In my experience, each item took 35 to 45 days longer than stated. 2nd: The website does not state if the item is in stock or not. So the delivery date is completely misleading. In my experience, it took over two weeks for an email to come to tell me that the item is backordered. They should get a computer to help them with inventory.

3rd: The order status web pages are a mess with conflicting information. The page listing your orders correctly shows what you ordered and the date you ordered it on…. But weirdly the date shown is in day-month-year format. If you click on order status, the order date format changes to month-day-year format AND is completely wrong… and it changes two to three times a week! So it is not the order date, who knows what it is?

4th: The “Estimated Delivery” date changes 3 days after the item was supposed to be delivered to be the same day the following week…. Which they consistently miss in a forever repeating loop. 5th: Chatting online to a rep just tells you what you read on line. With my last order, 3 days after their 2nd missed delivery date, they told me that the item was shipping in a couple of days only to receive an email the following day that the item is on back-order and will not ship for another 30 days…. Which leads me to 6th: NEITHER my online order status NOR the item page has been updated to say the item is on backorder. As a matter of fact, the item page says if you order now, it will be delivered in 4 business days…. Really?!

Original review: March 30, 2019

5 yrs scooter's worked fine. Last yr and half dead batt or waiting same answer 6 m. Not our prob. They're old machines. I will now be driving 1hr and a 1/2 to Costco where I have never had to wait more than 5 min for a fully charged newer machine. Machines are kept in back and on busy holidays if none are by door they bring them from back.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Please don’t believe you will get your money back if you cancel your membership after a few months. I had to cancel my membership because I have cancer and moved to Columbus so I can receive treatment at The James at OSU. There are no BJ's near me but I kept receiving the catalogs in my husband's name? When I called customer service, the agent was rude and couldn’t find record of me calling previously. Then I was told my membership cancelled itself because I wasn’t using it and I would not be getting my money back. I was contacted by another person but they only address my husband when the money came out of my bank account. Very disrespectful.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I used to be a member of BJ’s. I went in with my young nephew, 6 years old at the time last year. The man behind the deli counter screamed trying to scare my nephew when he was looking at the different meats and cheeses in the case. My nephew backed up frightened. The deli man started hilariously laughing at the young child’s reaction. My nephew was embarrassed and didn’t understand why someone that worked there would try to frighten him and laugh.

Just went in tonight to grab something for a work party tomorrow. Had permission to use my coworker's card, plus my mother has a free trial anyways and our licenses are at the same address. I simply and kindly asked the redhead woman behind the counter for a coupon book... She asked me for my member card and my license to get a coupon book??? Really? Then told me since my mom just has a free trial currently I cannot get a coupon book and refused to give me one...like seriously? She was so rude... Why give me the third degree requesting my license over a coupon book?!!! I will never ever step foot in the Waterford BJ’s again. Shame on your staff!!! Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 12, 2019

For sure this store looks like it’s poorly run. Deli department is dirty, unsanitary and folks behind the counter are rude. Regardless of the time of day, the slicers are filthy. The folks behind the counter use gloves but are touching everything, never changing their gloves. The meat and cheeses are put down right on the counter that has crumbs from everything that they’ve cut previously.

The associates talk to each other but when it comes time to speak to customers they show no customer service training. I went to the store this past Saturday and shredded the card when I got home. The checkout had one register opened and we waited a long time. This is why I keep my Costco card. Far drive but you can’t beat their dedication to a truly good, CLEAN customer service experience. Don’t go to the Raleigh, NC location at the 540 interstate on Capital Blvd. Just a nasty store all around.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information