2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Recently ordered television at BJ's Online site; guaranteed 3 business day delivery. Didn't arrive after one week, called customer service, said it must have been over site. They will expedite the order. Another week, no TV. Called back, was assured it would be taken care of and shipped out. Another week passes, NO TV, called again; on hold for 40 minutes. Asked for supervisor who once again assured me she would handle it and call me back within 24 hours..no call ever arrived! Sent email detailing above to BJ's customer service department; received no reply. Finally wrote letter to VP Customer Service and guess what? STILL NO REPLY! Are you kidding me?

THEY JUST DON'T CARE WHATSOEVER!!!! Finally went to local BJ's store and brought all my correspondence along. Spoke with store manager who refunded my original purchase price and offered me a great deal on a tv that was in the store that I could carry home. That was the only bright spot. I hope (1) this message reaches someone at BJ's who cares and (2) this is a RED FLAG to all others considering buying from BJ's online site!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I go to BJs because Costco is far from my house. Every time I go I say I will never come back. The lines are super long and slow. At self check out, I always have an issue with the machine and have to call for help. At Customer service counter I had to wait in line for 20 min, we were only 2 persons in the line... Only one person helping the customers... This is @ Bjs - Miami - Kendall Drive & 167 Ave. I go once a month, and I hate it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

BJ is a perfect example... of how not to run a business or how to run a business in the ground!!! In Jacksonville FL, we had 3 BJ clubs now, there's only one!!! The food court was permanently (I had to return, nearly everything I got from there )!!! Their baker(???) makes "Little Debbie" taste like a Master Chef!!! I often, let my membership expire cuz, I rarely used it and hated the lines "Due to very workers"!!! About mid-Nov, choose to try again with the holidays coming up!

1) Only 1 person at the desk (again!!!) I paid more, "Not to do, auto renew"!!! Got my receipt and they did the auto renew anyways!!! Now, there are 8 people behind me and I'm told to come back to remove it. :(
    2) I do some shopping and go to check out... There is only 1 cashier in the entire store (Friday afternoon) & most of the self checkout don't work!!!
    3) I return (again Friday, 2pm) and notice a retirement bus, dropping off about 30-35 seniors (many in scooters & walkers) a few days before Thanksgiving!!! I went to check out and "Not one cashiers, was working"!!! The management said "She didn't come in today"??? They only planned to have 1 person working, the weekend before Thanksgiving (bright guy)!!!
    4) I went to desk (still only 1 worker) and cancel my membership (of 1 week)!!!

5) The final… I contacted the corp. office and explained all that I've seen and had to deal with. I was told "Someone" would get back with me.... Like others, I heard nothing.

Soon, BJ's would be like the VCR's and black & white tv! "Gone and forgot."

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I went to BJ's on Sunday, Dec. 15, to purchase Heartland chicken on sale for $4 off with clipless coupon. The coupon was expiring on same day. They were out-of-stock on this item and would not provide a raincheck for me to use when stock was replenished. Maybe this is not a major problem, but it was irritating since I purposely made the trip before the coupon expired. My Shop-Rite supermarket gives rainchecks.... Why doesn't BJ's... Not good customer service in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased an item for in-store pickup on 12/8/19. On 12/10/19, I contacted customer service because I have not heard anything regarding the item. Later on that day, they cancel my order due to item not available. The coupons that I used to purchase the item are now considered "used" and no longer available if I want to repurchase at a different store. I emailed customer service again but no word from them. I guess I should stick with Target. At Target, if you order pickup but item is not available, you can either select a different store or they will ship for free. Much more convenient and nicer customer service at Target.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I brought a 65 inch tv online the week before Black Friday was supposed to be ship out. Never received it from the shipping company. BJ’s never reach out to me and I have call them over 10 times. Still can’t get my refund nor my delivery service is terrible. I’m giving up my membership and going to Costco. BJ’s is very disrespectful to customers when it comes to reimbursement. I never experienced so much disrespectful from a business that need people like me to keep them running. Poor service bottom line.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I recently purchased two dollhouses that were on sale at BJ’s. I purchased them online because one was going to Buffalo NY the other to Pennsylvania. I bought these for my granddaughters for Christmas. Instead of the dollhouses they sent each one of them an Air Frier. I called Bj’s and they told me that they would send me a return label for the fryers and provide me with the replacement dollhouses. Instead they issued a refund that I would not receive after 10 business days once they received the item. I had to buy the houses all over again so that they get here on time for Christmas. Have not received the labels nor the refund yet. No apologies from them. Never again. Going to Costco.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

The BJ's sucks, they made me call like 4 times, and they did not reimbursed my 55 dollars fee, it is unbelievable, do not trust them. I was told, do not worry bla bla bla, they are bad, I am tired of calling. Do not use them.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2019

I have received a refund from the company. It took much longer than it should have and required threats of legal action, but they did eventually refund my membership fee.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

A bit over a year ago, a BJ's employee pressured me to upgrade my military membership to a rewards membership while I was waiting on the checkout line. I told her that I didn't spend enough money at BJ's for it to make sense math-wise. The employee claimed to check my purchase history, told me that I would indeed save money with the rewards membership, and assured me that I could cancel if I found the rewards membership wasn't working out for me. A short time after that, my membership renewed at the upgraded level.

When renewal time came around this year, I checked my purchases and found that I was not getting my money's worth out of the upgraded membership, so I called BJ's, initially asking only that my membership be downgraded and the upgrade be refunded. I was told that that was not allowed, despite what the employee in the club had told me.

Not happy about having been lied to, I requested that my membership be completely canceled and refunded, which BJ's site states can be done at any time. After a very long time on hold, the agent told me that she had taken care of it. After about another week or so, I checked and found that my membership had not been canceled and no refund had been issued. I called BJ's again and was told that my membership had been canceled, but the refund request had not been processed. The agent told me she would do so, however.

Another week or so went by with no cancellation and no refund, so I posted a review the BBB web site. A few days later, A BJ's manager emailed me and asked for my phone number, which I provided by email. A few days after that, the same manager emailed me again and told me she couldn't get in touch with me at the number I provided, and to please provide a different one, which I provided.

Another few days went by with no contact from BJ's, so I replied to the previous email with an ultimatum: Either refund my money within 48 hours, or I will file complaints with the Attorney General of New York and Massachusetts and with the FTC. We'll see what happens. My advice is simple. I'm not going to recommend that you join BJ's or that you don't join. If you like the store and the prices, more power to you.

What I will say, however, is that you should be absolutely certain you like the place before you pay for a membership. Get a trial membership first and try it out; because once you pay for a membership, BJ's will do everything they possibly can to avoid refunding your money. In short, it took me less time and effort to join the military than it's taking me to cancel my membership and get a refund. So again, be very sure that you like BJ's before you pay for a membership.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We placed an order for a close out item that was a great price but the order has been a headache since placing! Everyday we get conflicting statements from shipper and from company itself! We’re told it shipped, then it hasn’t shipped. The next person states it’s on the east coast, then it’s in Dallas, then Austin. Then we were told it hadn’t shipped. The worst part is that we were charged for full amount which is hundreds of dollars, and now are being blown off by BJ’s! Not sure where to go next! Very disappointing? Be very cautious when placing an order!

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information