3.85/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

BJ's Wholesale Club

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2019

For sure this store looks like it’s poorly run. Deli department is dirty, unsanitary and folks behind the counter are rude. Regardless of the time of day, the slicers are filthy. The folks behind the counter use gloves but are touching everything, never changing their gloves. The meat and cheeses are put down right on the counter that has crumbs from everything that they’ve cut previously.

The associates talk to each other but when it comes time to speak to customers they show no customer service training. I went to the store this past Saturday and shredded the card when I got home. The checkout had one register opened and we waited a long time. This is why I keep my Costco card. Far drive but you can’t beat their dedication to a truly good, CLEAN customer service experience. Don’t go to the Raleigh, NC location at the 540 interstate on Capital Blvd. Just a nasty store all around.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am completely disappointed in BJ's customer service! I went to BJ's.com yesterday looking for tires for my truck and saw their deal for Nexen 235-75 R15 tires for 75.99 ea after 100.00 off the entire set when you purchase the set of 4 online. I tried to purchase online but the site kept erroring out. I contacted BJ's customer service who stated that there was an issue with the site and they would notify their IT department and to try the purchase today. I went to the site to complete the purchase but the price has increased by 25.00 per tire today. After contacting customer service via online chat and phone call they state they will not honor the price/offer even though I have a printout clearly showing the offer. Fourteen-year paying member here and LIVID!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Basically no one cares, no recourse. Perhaps headquarters. Phone calls and emails waste of time. The credit card bank they partner with is horrible. Security highly questionable and BJ's customer service simply says, "Oh we're not affiliated with them, we can't do anything or look into problems." I have excellent credit and own a business. I can't imagine treating my customers the way BJ's does. Good luck, Walmart is much better to deal with.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I give BJ’s a 5 star because I bought an Acer laptop from them in which broke around 2 1/2 months later. Acer gave me the runaround, then made up a story about the repair and wanted me to pay for it even while I had warranty. Acer honestly was the worst company I ever dealt with and I asked BJ's for assistance. They said it was out of the return window but they would do me a one time courtesy to return it for store credit which was ideal. Since Acer would not "partially repair" and kept haggling me to pay BJ's saved me money which I upgraded laptops and purchase a store warranty.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I am in need of a new roof and was getting estimates for replacement of my current roof. I thought going through BJ's was a safe idea to get a good roof at a reasonable price. I received a call from Power Home Remodeling and we set up a meeting to go over their offer. After 6 hours of presentation, I decided to go with the roof. I was told that the lifetime warranty (labor and material) was transferrable. I asked for the written warranty and was told that I would receive it upon installation. After the salespeople left, I decided to check the paperwork for warranty information and lo and behold it states clearly that labor is not warrantied (most of the cost is in labor). I immediately canceled the installation. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY AND BJ'S MUST VET THEIR SUPPLIERS BEFORE OFFERING SERVICES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I can live with BJ's price scamming, that's on the consumer to know unit volume pricing. But a popup disclaimer at checkout, with a gigantic OK button, that allows BJ's to auto renew membership on your credit card AND the "I Accept" checkbox is DEFAULT ON!!! YES DEFAULT ON!!! Borderline ILLEGAL! BJ's offers large company's bulk discount on membership, Great way to circumvent!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Membership price goes up again. Now $55/year. Constant badgering on the sales floor from people trying to upsell you or shove food samples at you, or DirecTV, or aluminum siding, or magic pillows and other crap. Best parking spots going to 'families with infants' and 'propane tank refills', 8 spots which are almost always empty because no one uses them. Big price increases on the products I buy, despite membership price going up also. Self checkout registers being relegated to some stupid 'phone app only' use, again, which I never see used. So instead of being able to use those, we wait in line. Worst of all, I renewed last year on Mar 16, get in line today thinking I had 22 weeks left, am charged an add'l 20% surcharge for having 'an expired membership'. I was told it didn't matter when I renewed my membership expired before that or some BS. I'll never go back into a BJ's.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The services I received from customer service at BJ’s were above and beyond horrible. I waited online 25 minutes to purchase a pair of headphones. Once paid I went to pickup headphones from cage. Being the only one there I felt I would be in and out. 5 minutes after waiting and no one showed I went politely to the customer services desk in which they called for someone to come over and assist me. 10 minutes go by. No help. I once again asked for assistance and another call was place. 5 minutes later I asked again in which a call was place however; this time an female visibly upset came over and stated, "What that ** can't wait." I immediately ask for a refund and her name in which she stated with attitude Deborah #**. I told her I was going to make a complaint on her. The next day when I went to a different BJ's I found that my card was suspended.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Prior to purchasing this item on 12 Dec 18, I ensured that I check the return policy to be certain that it, Snow Joe Ultra 18" 15-Amp Electric Snow Thrower with Light - Blue (Item: 2045550 Model: SJ623E), was an item that I could return to the club. There was nothing listed in the return policy, the item description or once the order was completed that this item could not be returned to the club. This item is unopened/unused and I decided to return it as I did not need it. However, when I attempted to return it to the club, the shipping document that was attached to the item stated that it had to be returned to BJ's online and that it required an return authorization (RA). None of this was specified online for this item. Had that been specified, I never would have purchased it from BJ's, I would have purchased it from somewhere else.

After several calls to customer service and being rerouted through the voice system, the automatic voice system is annoyingly inefficient, and left on hold indefinitely. I finally spoke with a supervisor, Tracy, who told me that the item was non-refundable. She stated that it is posted online. That it is non-refundable when that is not the case; she could not specify exactly where it was posted, she just kept saying that it was posted. Very frustrating experience! She also stated that she would have to contact the vendor to see if it would accept the return and that she would contact me herself.

What??? Where is any of this in the return policy that is advertised online? I informed her that one way or another, I will get my money back even if it means that I have to dispute this charge with my creditor. After which, I discovered that my membership was revoked when I attempted to make a purchase when I have paid for a membership through May and have been a member for years, ever since the club came to Hampton Roads, VA.

BJ's return policy clearly states, "BJ's selects the highest quality merchandise for our Members and stands behind the products we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with a purchase made online or in-Club BJ's will give you a refund or exchange within the guidelines below." This item falls within those guidelines where it should not only be returnable, but they should be accepted by the club. I do not want this item. It is not a bulk item, it is an electrical item, not gas; there is no oil. It is less than 90 days and unused. There is no valid reason for BJ's to refuse this return. BJ's is not honoring its return policy.

This is a prime example of a 'bait and switch' and after reading so many of the other complaints by consumers, BJ's is clearly making a statement that it does not value its patrons. By the way, Tracy never did follow up with me either. :-( That was a waste of 2 hours of my valuable time in that club. Absolutely disgraceful service!

Consumers need to do more than complain. Spread the word and discourage others from spending their money at "bad businesses". Stop patronizing businesses that disrespect you as a consumer providing poor customer service, dishonoring their written policies, etc. I will soon forget that BJ's even exists and hope that other consumers show BJ's that their behavior is unacceptable by canceling/discontinuing their membership and shopping elsewhere affecting BJ's profits. Apparently, that is the only way to get the attention of a business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They put out coupon books, but don't have the items, you need to go to caring amounts of stores to find all coupon items. They figure once you're in the store you will buy non coupon items, their prices are higher than supermarkets on many non coupon items. They all seem to be the same. Was a member of Costco. Same thing there.

BJ's Wholesale Club Company Information