1.59/5

ajmadison.com

Last updated: April 19, 2018

82 AJ Madison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 19, 2018

After waiting THREE months on delivery of a kitchen unit, the delivery company did not deliver one of our cabinets, however we did not know that the cabinet was missing until our contractor arrived and started opening boxes and found that it was not there. AJ Madison is REFUSING to make this right because a delivery confirmation was signed. We were not aware that we had to open all the boxes and check for every single piece before the delivery company left. As far as I knew the cabinet was in one of the large boxes delivered.

I have been given the runaround for a WEEK from this company, and finally got to speak with a supervisor today, who is basically calling me a liar and saying that the cabinet was delivered. IT WAS NOT!!! I am asking for a refund on the missing cabinet only, and they will not comply. This was a $4000.00 unit!!! I am now being forced to contact our company attorney, and will sue AJ Madison for EVERYTHING I can!! I am also contacting The BBB! Every time I call AJ Madison I am placed on hold for a minimum of 45 min. Today it was an hour!! This is the worst company I have EVER dealt with, very unprofessional and lame!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Wish I could give a ZERO star rating! Horrible experience with an online purchase. They confirmed my order and called me two days prior to delivery to say they "LOST MY ACCOUNT NUMBER." (Comforting to know they LOST it with all the cybersecurity issues going on?) After giving them the information AGAIN, they said "OK, your item will ship next week." That would be fine if my contractor was not waiting on these to arrive on the promised day. What is most upsetting is that their initial sales rep, and even their customer service manager would not return phone calls or emails! Steer clear, this company is a train wreck. They offered no apologies or explanations. AVOID THEM!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: March 25, 2018

NEVER do business with AJ Madison. I ordered a Bosch dishwasher and arranged for installation of the new machine and removal of my old one through AJ Madison. They said it would be $175 for that, then they said $200. That should have been a warning! But since I have no help at home, I agreed. Today, 4 weeks later, the delivery guys from A1 Distribution show up with the Bosch, but say they won't do the installation. The invoice even said it was supposed to be installed, but A1 said they never do installation at all. (Did AJ Madison or A1 say so before? Nope.)

Then they wouldn't take my old dishwasher because I hadn't disconnected and pulled it out already-- again, I didn't know I was supposed to. After a useless phone call with Julie at A1, it was clear there was nothing I could do but refuse the delivery. I am contacting my bank about the charge. If they try to charge me for restocking, I'll pursue this in small claims. AJ Madison is a total waste of time and money.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I refer everyone to this site. My beautiful range arrive on the West coast in 8 days. It was delivered right to the door. The price was amazing. I had one tiny problem. I emailed and they responded within 24 hours. Very good service. No problem with credit card payment. You can even call to get extra technical advice if you need it. I needed to convert from natural gas to propane. They had the kit. This is my go to place.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Ordered a refrigerator in mid Nov. to avoid holiday rush. Two weeks later was told it was backordered. Shipped out another week later with no delivery date. Sat in my state for two weeks before I was able to schedule a shipment. Earliest delivery date was just before Christmas when I would be out of town. Delivery scheduled for January. I like the price I paid but, in retrospect, would have rather paid more for faster delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I purchased a GE Double Oven from AJ Madison. Initially, the customer service sales representative was very courteous and accommodating. I was given a fair price, added the 5 year warranty at no charge along with inside delivery at no charge. I was told that the ovens would be installed when the unit was delivered. I found that to be a bit strange as I have never had anything delivered and installed by the delivery service on such an item that needs expertise and know-how. I called the salesman who previously placed the order to verify the installment scenario about a week prior to delivery. He never returned two phone calls and one email.

I finally caught up with him the day before the unit was to be delivered, and he again stated that an installer will be there to install the ovens when the unit is delivered. Additionally, he confirmed that the installer would take the old oven out and dispose of it. He noted that it may cost me an additional $25 to have that done, which I would have no problem doing. The ovens were delivered around 6 PM. The one positive is that they called within the time window for delivery to tell me exactly when they would arrive.

The driver was polite and excellent, and knew nothing about the installer. He was nice enough to check on the order, and stated to me that the order does show the ovens to be installed at no charge. I called AJ Madison and the offices were closed, but I was able to leave a message with my salesman. I called again the next day (which is today) and I have had no response. All I know is that I have this large crated double oven sitting in my kitchen and have no idea about who and when it will be installed. Terrible follow up on this order from the beginning. Terrible service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Ordered kitchen appliance package and they emailed me a week later to let me know that 2 of the items were discontinued and the replacement 3 weeks out. They need to update their website and let customers know accurate delivery information. I think they will not be in business much longer.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Customer service is useless, only shipped after repeated attempts to contact these guys. Not worth it, should have ordered from Amazon instead. In this day and age, 3 weeks to get a robe hook is NOT acceptable, non-existent customer service adds insult. Won't ever buy from these guys again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

AJ Madison offered the best price for 4 GE Cafe appliances beating the competition by almost 2 thousand dollars. The service was excellent. Had no problems. Got free shipping. Declined the upsell to bring appliances inside the house. They said products would only be taken to the curb. All four products were brought inside and unpacked with no extra charges. They even left shipping blanket.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Ordered a dishwasher. Loved the website. Loved the price. No contact for days after purchase. Finally got an email notifying of a back order. Then no response to my emails. Called customer service, they claim to open at 9:00am Eastern so I called at 9:10am and got a message telling me to call back during normal business hours. Finally got someone on the phone. A bit rude. Interrupted me. No offer to do anything other than telling me the dishwasher is on backorder and will ship when it arrives. 2 weeks to receive a product with poor customer service is not cool. I cancelled the order. I'll buy local this time.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased a Blomberg refrigerator from AJ Madison in New York, the refrigerator was delivered with a door ding and a faulty icemaker/water dispenser. I call and a service tech come over to repair the water dispenser, it was repaired, the service tech needed to order a new door. Three doors have been delivered to my home. Each door had damage. I have been working on having the door replaced for over 9 months to no avail. Trying to work with AJ Madison for nine months. I finally decided to call an attorney who deals in California Lemon Laws. Note to other buyers who even think about purchasing any product from AJ Madison or any company out of California. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IN CALIFORNIA UNDER THE LEMON LAW if purchased outside of California. AJ Madison and other companies know the law better than we do. This has been a very valuable lesson and a costly one.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We purchased a VERY expensive Blomberg washer and dryer and thought we were saving money by getting a "warehouse deal". The machines they sent were totally used and broken beyond belief. So badly in fact that we were not even able to install them. After several calls to their customer service and sitting on hold for 30-60 min each time, they kept pushing us off trying to involve Blomberg in the return. After I finally threatened to decline the charge, they agreed to take back the machines (within 1 day of their 30 day return policy). It's now been almost 30 days and I still don't have my refund. When I called their response was "So sorry, we don't know why it wasn't processed." Seriously?? This company offers ZERO customer service and sends out used, broken appliances. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had an unacceptable and horrible experience with AJ Madison. I initially ordered a refrigerator from them in early July. The salesperson I dealt with, Mendy ** charged my debit card an incorrect amount. Then he cancelled that transaction, but proceeded to try to charge my card 5 more times. Of course my bank put a block on my card, because they detected fraudulent activity. Instead of calling me, this salesperson, Mendy ** just continued to run my card, so my bank held my funds for 15 business days. I tried to contact AJ Madison on several occasions, but they never took any blame for their employee who should never have ran my card 5 times.

It took over a month to receive my refrigerator, and yet the story doesn't end there. I finally received my refrigerator after over a month, and the company AM Home Delivery they use was supposed to change the hinges on the fridge. They did not do the job properly, and that very night, my refrigerator door kept popping open. Thank god for my son, who is handy. He came home from work the next morning and spent over an hour taking the door apart, and he fixed it properly. Not to mention they charged me to haul away my old fridge. This company is completely incompetent! I advise anyone who even thinks about ordering from them DON'T ORDER FROM AJ MADISON!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

I'm still waiting on order placed July 6. They said it will be put on a truck the end of this week & will take 7 - 10 days to arrive. They now are lying & say they don't offer installation or removal from the box. I've ordered a refrigerator, washer, & dryer.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We Ordered a Verona gas range and exhaust hood from A. J Madison of Boston, Mass. the last week in August 2015. The range finally arrived on Friday the 18th of September and I waited at the house for over an hour after I got the call telling me that the delivery guys would be there within 30 minutes. Had to take time off work to meet them. That evening when we had a chance to unbox the unit, it became apparent that there was shipping damage to the lower right panel. I emailed A.J. Madison immediately to be sure that we were within the allotted time to report damage. We received no reply from the email.

On Monday morning the 21st of September, I called A.J. Madison and was connected to a customer service employee by the name of Rachell **. She was very sympathetic and indicated that in many cases, a new panel is sent to the customer for replacement. This sounded good to me. She said that she would file the necessary paperwork and get back to me. This she did with an email on the 21st, asking for photo documentation of the damage and the serial number of the unit. This information was sent to her on the 22nd. Days went by with no reply. I sent another email on the 24th asking if she got the photos. She replied that due to the holidays she was not able to respond but that she would get back to me by the end of the day. She did not. I emailed again on the 24th. Here is the Auto response I received:

"Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office from 9/25 3 pm till Wednesday 10/1 9 am EST. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I will reply to your email when I return. Have a pleasant day." I did not have a pleasant day! And the date and day she quoted do not coincide on the calendar. Thursday was the first of October, not Wednesday. I was interested to know what holidays she had referenced and knowing that some Jewish holidays took place during the last part of September and the first part of October, I looked up a Jewish holiday calendar and compared the dates to the phone message that I got when I tried to call A.J. Madison to hopefully speak with someone directly.

The dates were in fact the holidays she mentioned. OK, we are OK with that but we had gotten no definitive answer as we expected before their holiday started. We waited patiently until Wednesday, October 7th when they were scheduled to be back in the office. I called and after 17 minutes was able to speak with a representative. I related the basic facts and she put me on hold for five minutes while she looked up to see if there was an update. She told me that there was no update but that someone would get back to me before the end of the day via email. Well, guess what? That did not happen either. I called again on Friday, October 8th and was told that the side panel had been shipped to The Appliance Hospital in Portland, Oregon and they would contact us to schedule an appointment for its installation. I received an email from Rachell on October 12th telling us the same thing that I learned on the 8th.

We received a phone call on the 9th of October from the Appliance Hospital letting us know that they were waiting for the part and would contact us when it was in. They emailed on the 12th indicating that the part was in and needed to set up the appointment for installation. I called them and the earliest opening that they had for service was on October 22nd and would call the day before with a three hour window of their arrival. I work for a living and this was not acceptable. I called Appliance Hospital and they were very accommodating. They indicated that they would call me 20 minutes before their expected ETA. The tech showed up after he called to let me know he was on the way. He was great and even helped me to align the oven doors that had gotten shifted during shipping. We finally got the range installed and we are really happy with it. We are not happy with the way A.J. Madison dealt with us and would not recommend them.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I purchased a washer dryer set from AJ Madison. The salesman sold me on the extended warranty through New Leaf. First issue is that it was damaged when it was received. AJ Madison did a good job and had it replaced quickly. Then exactly one year later the dryer went out. No problem right, after all I purchased the extended warranty. Well that company can't find anyone to service the sorter so basically, AJ Madison is selling a product that does not work and then they washed their hands off the order and that my only option is to talk to New Leaf and AJ Madison will have nothing more to do with it even though they sold a service that does not exist to me. So my advice is NOT to go through AJ Madison unless they are a local company for you to deal with.

Also, I would make sure that there is a local service provider to the equipment that they sell as they can have some "different" brand names that are not common in the US. I guess that this complaint is not necessarily about the product that I purchased but that they are selling a product that is non existent to many of their customers and they will not do anything about it. In the end, buy your large appliances locally. Do not get them online or you will suffer the same fate as I do with a large company that wants the large sales and add ons but then will not support a customer afterwards. Local companies rely on return customers and local word of mouth making them much more supportive.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I placed an order for a GE refrigerator paid for it and had nothing but aggravation! I advised the salesman that I have a built in Monogram that needs to be removed, his response “no problem!” AJ Madison could not find a company to remove the old refrigerator, I took action and had it done. Paid out of pocket. After further and complaint they gave me a lousy $200 towards an expense of $750, claiming they did not tell me to hire the company! The new fridge came a day later than promised, dented and not properly installed. I spoke to customer service and will send them pics and we shall see how they resolve this saga??? Business is competitive and customer service should be priority!!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered a stove. Received the stove the next day. So impressed. No damage to the box. Opened the box 6 days later and I had a damaged stove. The side was all pushed in and the top on side had a crease I called the company. Talked to Sera. Followed direction to send pictures. Been calling them for weeks. They will not return my call. I am stuck with a damaged stove but they got paid. Not happy.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I purchased a wall mountable microwave oven last week from their store. I was charged for the oven plus $75 installation plus $25 for removal of existing oven plus tax, all on my credit card. When their installer arrived he immediately informed me that he will not be able to install the microwave because of a half inch discrepancy and that he would have to drill into my kitchen backsplash which he is unauthorized to do. He left immediately without even unpacking the new oven.

When I called the store they told me that I will be charged a 25% restocking fee for cancelling my order. When I insisted to them that I did not cancel, that it was they who refused to do the work, they hung up on me. Other stores like PC Richard will first come out to your house to see if they can handle the installation job before taking any orders or charging your credit card. These crooks at AJ Madison are only interested in raking in profits with zero concern about customer service or relations. Never again!

Original review: March 29, 2017

I was so excited for my new fridge. So excited. I ordered it March 2nd. It's now March 29th and we have been getting the runaround for WEEKS. STILL NO FRIDGE. They blame the freight company, the freight company blames AJ Madison. I'll tell you what: I wish I would have looked at reviews before purchasing from this company. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! From what other reviewers say, even if we cancel the order, we will have to fight to get our money back, AND they are going to charge restock fees etc. which were never mentioned in the first place. How in the world can a company like this even exist!?!?

We are between a rock and a hard place. Cancel and fight with them to get my money back? Wait for the fridge to actually come?? WILL it ever come??? We wonder if they are scamming us completely... is there even a fridge in transit? Maybe we'll never know. Thanks, AJ Madison, for completely taking the joy out of my first ever brand new fridge buying experience. You suck.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I purchased 3 GE kitchen appliances for my home from AJ Madison. During the purchase process a company representative phoned me to review the purchase and confirm the shipping address including final destination. One of the appliances, an oven range arrived dented and the owner's manual was missing. When I called AJ Madison to discuss the dent and missing owner's manual, I was informed that the warranty was null and void once it was shipped from the US to the Virgin Islands and that I should have uncrated it in Florida when it was delivered to the overseas shipping company to inspect it.

Not sure why the company representative would seem to be so helpful about getting the shipping address correct yet not inform me that the warranty would not hold up until it got to the final destination. We clearly discussed that the appliances were to be sent to the shipping company in Florida then on to me in St Croix at my expense. This gives me pause to wonder if they deliberately sent damaged goods. I have never had this type of experience in purchasing goods and shipping them to St Croix before.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I ordered a refrigerator from this outfit, and immediately started getting marketing scam such as extended warranty "offers" from them. Three days later, they informed me that the model I had ordered was not yet produced which is an outright lie - it is widely available. Instead, they offered a lousy "product" that they apparently don't know how to get rid of.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I purchased a Samsung Range from AJ Madison on 02/12/2017. It was delivered yesterday 02/22/2017 and, while I haven't had time to really put the range through its space, I could NOT be more satisfied with my buying experience. I was kept updated on the delivery via phone calls and timely emails. The delivery personnel could not have been more professional or polite. Customer Service at AJ Madison has been excellent. Absolutely no regrets and highly recommend. Looking forward to future purchases.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Beware, they drop ship some items directly from the manufacturer. Because of this, they lose visibility of stock and you will be charged for something that never shipped. If knowing the delivery date is important to you, I would not use this site. Also, the customer service agents are not very helpful and are quick to blame the manufacturer. The word "assume" was used by them several times regarding shipping in my interaction with them. Too much undue stress for such big ticket items, look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

We ordered a $1500 replacement oven from AJ Madison when our oven died and the manufacturer would not replace it. Within 24 hours of purchase we received a call from the manufacturer saying that they changed their mind and would indeed place it. I called AJ Madison to cancel the order, and they said that they couldn't because it already shipped. I called the shipping company and they said that they haven't even picked up the oven from the warehouse of AJ Madison. I told the shipping company not to pick up the unit and called AJ Madison back. The representative a AJ Madison said they would look into what was happening and email me.

I received an email a few hours later stating that as far as they are concerned the order has shipped, and we had 48 hours to inform them that we would either take the order, or incur all shipping costs plus a 30% restocking fee! What shipping costs? What restocking fee? It hadn't even left the warehouse! We emailed back and told them NOT to ship the oven to us. The next business day we checked the tracking number with the shipper and saw that they picked up the unit that day! So in essence what AJ Madison and their shipper did was refuse to allow us to cancel our order and we are now forced to pay all return/restock fees or accept the order and try to sell it on eBay. This is the definition of a scam. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH AJ MADISON.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I recently purchased a washer & dryer from AJ Madison. I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and received in Louisiana the following Monday. Delivery was on time and the guys brought it in the house. I couldn't have been more pleased with the service I received. I received it quicker ordering it online than if I had purchased it locally, I didn't have to pay a delivery charge and the items I ordered were in stock. Great service!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I ordered over $7,000 of appliances. Shipped later than advised with multiple miscommunications on the shipping. Refrigerator, LG, was inoperable and again difficulty getting communication on return, after 2 days still waiting to hear. Micro didn't arrive with package two days ago and still waiting to hear when it might arrive. BUY LOCAL, it might cost more money but well worth it if you value good service and your time. I have hours into this without satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Canceled an order one week ago. The order was never shipped, never delivered, but our credit card was charged $ 4.700.00. Presently fighting like hell to get the credit. Issued a formal complaint against the company with Chase Bank. Be careful with these folks and your credit card. Real quick to charge the card - REAL SLOW to issue and credit. We still don't have our credit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I ordered a Viking Range 1 year ago. Had problems with the door sealing. Viking sent two new doors and couldn't get it right. Had A.J. Madison refund my money. Had problems since the unit arrived a year ago.A. J. decided to keep my money ($400.00) for my extended warranty and now will not return calls. They said it was too long ago. WHAT?? It is a five year warranty. Had it one year. My dear friend at A.J. Ivy in customer service won't return a call or answer my many attempts to get her on the phone. Terrible company to deal with. Don't do it!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

This company advertised a credit card and 0% interest installment payments over 12 months. After I placed the order online using their credit offer, I received a call from customer service that I could not use the installment plan on the particular item I ordered and had to provide my own payment method and pay in full. Then when I asked them to confirm the size of the shipping container, they lied about the size of the package. I paid for white glove delivery to ensure that delivery would be completed to my third floor walk up. They assured me it would be done. After two failed delivery notifications, they showed up on the third delivery date and left the package in my driveway claiming the shipping container could not make it up the stairs.

AJ Madison Company Information