ajmadison.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

AJ Madison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Short story: DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE. Go with Lowe's, Home Depot or Best Buy. The amount of money you “save” you will pay it somehow… not worth it. All reviews are the same thing. And if you cancel they charge 35% of restock fee, which rounds in the thousands… DON'T ORDER. DON'T ORDER. DON'T ORDER…

Full story below: The customer communication and support here is terrible. Promises are made and not delivered. I ordered a full set of kitchen appliances with them with a delivery date of October 28. When the date was coming close it was weird that no delivery notice was made so I went to my account and to my surprise one of the items was out of stock (it was in stock when I ordered) and no communication of this was made. I had to call them to make a replacement, otherwise the shipment would’ve not been done.

Upon asking the delivery ETA the representative said one week to FL (which is this week) and which correlated with what was on the website “if you order today” would have been Nov 4 as earliest. Then an email came with the actual delivery ETA and it says November 9-21, 5 MORE DAYS than the promised “as earliest”. And that’s a horrible range of 12 days…This set me back weeks now for my renovations and the installers scheduled, which is now costing me money. The delivery carrier they used (AM Delivery) are as bad as AJ Madison. Now they pretend me to be on the lookout for an email from 24-48 hours before delivery, like I don’t have a job…. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

We have purchased appliances from this company for rentals for several years. Purchased a refrigerator in March which failed in July. Notified company in July. As of today the refrigerator has not been repaired despite several promises. Emails and voicemails are completely ignored. Waited on hold for 30 minutes eight days ago and was told my issue would be resolved within a day but have not heard back. Several service appointments were scheduled but service company didn't show up. Once claiming their truck had problems but they did not call to reschedule. This is not a reputable company.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I purchased a commercial dryer for one of my customers it was delivered by an outside vendor and it was installed in nonworking order. The delivery team left the building without leaving any paperwork and forged a signature on their delivery ticket, by doing this they didn't have to bring the unit back with them and instead of a direct replacement it would become a warranty issue. I have called repeatedly emailed repeatedly and have gotten on resolution and little to no communication. Don't expect anything after the sales transaction is complete.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

We spent $20,000 over the last three years with AJ Madison outfitting our guesthouse and home. All new washer/dryer (Bosch and GE), dishwashers (Bosch and GE), stoves, and refrigerators—the works. The dishwasher in our house never worked right. We had technicians out five times in the first six months before I contacted AJ Madison. I emailed the sales agent I had dealt with for all of the purchases. She referred me to Kellee in the “Client Experience” department. This is the email I got from her:

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize to hear you are having troubles with the unit. While AJ Madison offers a 30 day return window on un-used and un-installed items, the manufacturer provides a full year of coverage. Should the technician deem the unit non-repairable, GE with authorize a direct replacement and organize the exchange. Should you have any additional questions, please give GE a call at"

Since I purchased AJ Madison’s “White Glove” delivery service and had it installed, this absolved AJ Madison of any responsibility, from their point of view. Lesson learned: don’t bother with their delivery service which was mediocre at best. Better to use someone local that you know and trust. Anyway, AJ Madison’s “30-Day guarantee” is worthless if you had your appliance installed. How would someone know the appliance was defective if they had not installed it? I responded that I bought my dishwasher from AJ Madison, and I expected them to replace a defective product they sold, just as when I bought a KitchenAid mixer from Target and it went out two months afterward. I took it back to Target and they replaced it on the spot.

The next email I received from AJ Madison informed me that if I continued to have trouble, they would be happy to call on my behalf to schedule service. I can do that. I DID do that, several times. After this, I never heard another word from them. I thought a retailer with the bulk of appliances they sell, that AJ Madison would have the bargaining muscle to take care of their customers; obviously, that’s not the case. Several friends had urged me to use Best Buy, which took back appliances that were defective, but I thought I’d support a lesser-known supplier for better service—my mistake. I’m so sorry I ever dealt with AJ Madison. They don’t stand behind their appliances and they don’t stand behind their word.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

AJ Madison Delivered a Defective/Damaged Dryer and won't replace it. Dented/scratched dryer was hidden by technicians who installed unit in a laundry closet. Installers did not complete the installation according to manufacture instructions and left without operating the dryer. Upon operation, unit is obviously defective, thumping noise and vibration...I send video to AJ Madison. They refuse to replace the defective dryer. Instead making me wait 6 weeks for a technician to "look at" it. The video makes obvious it's defective. Complete lack of Customer Service, I have never encountered such predatory practices!! The appliance is top of line, but because I was provided a damaged, non-functional unit, cannot rate its performance.

Resolution response: Aug. 29, 2022

We ended up getting our refund after this review was posted and the situation was escalated to the management. We are happy for a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Buyer beware when purchasing through AJ Madison! Back in February 2022 we ordered 3 HVAC parts for our kitchen remodel and very quickly realized we did not need those items. We cancelled the order via phone with their customer service, and all was well - or so we thought. In June, 3.5 months later I was surprised to receive a shipping confirmation email and a charge to my credit card since this order had been cancelled. When I called it turns out they didn't cancel the entire order but they were going to stop the items from shipping and we would be refunded our money.

Well we were ultimately charged the full amount and they shipped the items. After several (4+) phone calls with the customer service department they said they would refund the money and we needed to ship the items back. No problem, so we did. It wasn't until now that I realized that we were not refunded the full amount. In correspondence with Amanda S., she states that we didn't send back all the parts when we have sent back everything we received in boxes that were never even opened. And now that it's past the 30 days, AJ Madison won't refund us the full amount.

Total fraud. Every time we called, we had to record our phone calls since they claimed we weren't telling the truth and several times we asked them on the phone to pull up the previous phone calls in order to prove we weren't trying to play funny games, but simply cancel the order and not be charged for items. Still nothing. So definitely check out other stores online for parts and pieces instead of this joke business.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

DO NOT ORDER FROM AJ MADISON! They have nonresponsive customer service and a strategic restocking fee (35%) for intentionally profiting off online customers who click on their incorrect links on Google. We documented all the wrong links and sent to both Z-Line and AJ Madison for proof and got zero response back. This needs to be addressed and is lousy business practice. For example, although they understand they have incorrect links from Google that direct to the wrong product on their site – they make no attempts to update or revise the correct links while continuing to charge an additional 35% to customers who want the right product. This is morally/professionally wrong and is a horrible strategy to gain and profit.

More than 50% of products on AJ Madison's site are INCORRECTLY linked from Google to their site – promoting an incorrect customer purchase which works in their favor since now they can charge that 35% restocking fee, which is all profit. This is WRONG. Z-Line is unable to control its retailers as I had to call them more than a dozen times to reach anyone to rectify this mistake, and they were unwilling to support immoral behavior and bad practices from their retailers. This affects Z-LINE's reputation and brand recognition. This is an overall terrible practice.

Long story short, I purchased an oven range using a wrong link that directed me to AJ Madison's site with the incorrect part number. I ordered the wrong range using the link, and now they will not take accountability. They never confirmed my order, and they are now trying to stick us with their 35% restocking fee policy for me to order the correct range. Z-Line has also confirmed that there should be NO restocking fee for these wrong orders since the appliances are not even stocked at AJ Madison - they are stored at Z-Line. So WHY DOES AJ Madison continue to charge a restocking fee? They do this to profit off these wrong orders that are intentionally mis-linked and unfixable from AJ's Madison's site from Google.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Aj Madison installer botched dishwasher install and did $15k worth of water damage. Nobody will make good, my flooring is buckled and needs total replacement. Somehow installer and aj Madison see this as not their fault. See you in court.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I order 2 dishwashers. I received one first found out problem to fit. I keeping the one received and ask undelivered unit for replacement with different model. They’re charging me $200 for it… better parts is they called me back and put me on hold for 30 minutes. This is last time I buy from AJ Madison. I will see Home Depot for my 2 refrigerators.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I purchased a double oven for around $4500 and understood it was on back order and would take a couple of months for delivery - so called “free” delivery. A couple of months came and went, so I inquired about the status of my order via email. I was told the oven was would be delivered soon. Great! I didn’t get further instructions. Another couple of weeks pass and I follow up to see status. I get a rude email back stating that they tried to deliver but I wasn’t home? This is news to me! I didn’t get any communication about delivery.

I ask about “redelivery” and they advise they can do that if I give authorization to charge my credit card. Sigh. I asked how much and they said they don’t know. So to get my oven, I need to send them unlimited authorization to charge my card for delivery? Yikes. So shady. I said l would rather just cancel the order and they said it would be 35 percent restocking fee...terrible company. Buyer beware. I have ordered appliances from Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes in the past. Never had a horrific experience like this!

AJ Madison Company Information