ajmadison.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: June 30, 2022

Recently purchased a under cabinet vent hood during my condo renovations. Item was not taken out of the box until ready to be installed by the contractors. Upon inspection not cosmetic damages throughout and contacted AJ Madison for an exchange. Waited approximately 30 minutes to finally speak with a very unpleasant lady that kept repeating the same return policy. Ultimately refused to exchange item. Was forced to file a claim with the credit card company I made the purchase with.

Over the past 6 months while completing renovations I have received several damaged products from other suppliers and they were pleasant and made efforts to do the right thing by replacing the items. In particular Wayfair has been excellent in this regard and you can reach a customer service representative in minutes and resolve issues that same day. Same thing with Best Buy. This will be my first and last purchase with AJ Madison. Purchase at your own risk. If your product is received without damage then I'm sure you will be fine, but if there are any issues, good luck speaking with anyone from customer service and getting the issue resolved.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Under no circumstances should you buy from AJ Madison! Go to ABT, or Best Buy or PC Richards or Lowe's or ANYWHERE ELSE. They sold me an Electrolux washing machine and installation service... but they neglected to tell me that the installers would not be able to complete the installation of all the features of the machine, such as the reversible door. (Washing machines come with a hinge on the left side, but in my tiny space, I need the hinge on the right side.) So now I need to hire ANOTHER installation company (a REAL one) to reverse the door, and it will cost over $300. Call me crazy, but I think that if you sell a machine on with a reversible door on your website, and you sell professional installations, YOU MUST INDICATE THAT THE INSTALLERS ARE UNABLE TO HANDLE ALL ASPECTS OF THE INSTALLATION.

And that's not all. I wish I could post photos here to show you the state they left my apartment in. They left dirt and garbage all over the floor. Dirt was ground dirt into the carpet in such a way that it will have to be professionally cleaned or replaced. And they dumped the trash, old hoses and dirty hardware in our (full) clothing hamper. As an added bonus, they broke the drain pan under the washer! The Electrolux machine is great. I just wish I had bought it ANYWHERE ELSE.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I ordered a Miele Little Giant washer and dryer from AJ Madison Appliances in Brooklyn NY on 26 April 2022. The appliances were stainless steel finishes and when I ordered them online there was no indication the items were not in stock. After a couple of weeks of waiting for a shipping notice, I contacted them telephonically and found out the items were on back order and would ship in June. It is now 6 June and after attempting to check the status on their website the site would not respond. I called today to find out they are closed for a holiday. I would not purchase anything from them unless you can be absolutely sure the item is in stock and can get a shipping date upon ordering. It has been almost 2 months since they received my money and I still do not have a washer and dryer, very frustrating.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I ordered a matching under counter fridge and freezer from their in-stock selection. Website and selection and order process were all good. I had put a note on my order and got a call from AJ Madison about that and they took into account my request (delayed delivery) due to me being out of town. Took a while to ship even after the requested delay.

Communication via email about progress was good. My main problem started (I think) with the delivery company. AM Home Delivery (AMTrucking) was really pretty bad. Shipping for my items was included (free) but it was bad. 2 shipping/arrival dates were missed with poor communication. First failed promise date they forgot to put the items on their truck and didn't let me know... I had to call them as to why they didn't show up. Second promise was to fix their mistake and deliver within 4 days and that didn't happen. They didn't tell me the new delivery date until I called in and got it from them on the phone. Kind of seemed like the AM Home Delivery folks told me something (or made it up) to get me off the phone. Hard to tell. Third promised date they delivered. Items showed normal shipping wear and tear on the box, they had me sign 3 times without telling me what I was signing but boxes looked ok so fine.

Unboxed the next day and found both items were damaged. One minor and the other the item seemed dropped on a corner (back corner) hard with a 1-2" deep metal dented corner. Box didn't show damage like this so not sure if mfg issue or shipping issue. I didn't file a claim as back corner out of site and it appeared cosmetic. Water valve for ice maker wasn't working and likely damaged in drop. Was able to fix but lots of complications for something that seemed simple. Took over a month from ship to delivery. I wouldn't do business with AJ Madison again because of my experience with AM Home Delivery. More chance for recourse with a local appliance company if issues than ordering via AJ Madison.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I have been trying to get help from someone in contract sales for more than a week. Multiple phone calls (last call was more than 35 minutes and I hung up). I was transferred to vm, disconnected and ignored. I left a message yesterday and today. I chatted with their agent twice and his answer was "I don't know. Call the main number." Seriously...the worst business practices. Do not buy from them.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Refrigerator gets delivered yesterday. Water isn't flowing and ice isn't being made; a clear installation issue. I call AJ Madison and first get transferred to three different people. Then, 30 minutes later, a representative says they can have a GE technician come out three days later. Ummm, I just purchased a brand new, expensive refrigerator; my old refrigerator didn't have these issues... classic installation problem.

Despite asking for someone to come out and review the installation job earlier than 3 days from now, the representative refuses. I ask them to take back the refrigerator and provide a refund, they refuse. So they'll deliver a product, perform a faulty installation job that leaves you without filtered water or ice for three days, and refuse to do anything about it themselves. Cool.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Because the installers have been so inept, they've had to return at least 5 times (they forgot the installation kit, they had the wrong kit) and now they created a gas leak in a line that needs repair by a plumber. It's been 3 months(!) and the dryer is STILL not installed. I've had to make financial reparations to my tenants. This has been a nightmare. The crazy thing is that they could have been the supplier for our 10 apartment units that need all appliances replaced within the next couple of years. Instead, I'm leaving this review in hope of deterring other customers.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Looks like AJ Madison doesn’t want bad reviews on their website. They didn’t publish my review, so I will post it here: “The electric Range is excellent, but the customer service from AJ Madison is pitiful. I had a very old drop in range which was hard wired. I had to purchase new drop in range. When I placed the order online and included installation, AJ Madison made the purchase of the Accessory Kit mandatory. There was no way out of buying the accessory as they said it was needed to install the range. So since it was needed to install the range I paid $ 100,00 to an electrician to install a plug-in outlet for the range.

When the AJ Madison installers came they said they couldn't and did not install ranges with a plug. They only installed hard wired. Which is what I had seen before I bought the new range. So AJ Madison did not do the installation, so I had to pay $ 100.00 for someone else to intall it. AJ Madison refunded me for the $ 100.00 installation I had paid them and they also refunded the $ 29.99 for the accessory that was not needed at all but they had me buy. Make a long story short, by making me buy an accessory they forced me to pay out of my own pocket an electrician $ 100.00 to install an outlet that wasn't even needed. So AJ Madison caused me a Loss of $ 100.00”

Original review: March 26, 2022

First, I will say that they have great prices, incredible selections, and even with Covid-19 we did not mind the wait for our appliances. This is the second home we have redone and used them, the first time was phenomenal! This time, we knew we would have to wait on getting our items and we were fine with that. But the lack of communications while trying to reach them, after being on hold for 30 minutes it connects you to a voice mail, which they NEVER returned a single call.

Just in the last 3 weeks, I have left at least 4 voicemails and never received a response. We just received all of our GE Cafe series, they look great. Though we did not buy them for the rebate, our salesperson told us that we would get a $500 rebate. I guess he did not read the fine print (or he lied), we ordered them on 3-22-21 (just received the last two pieces on 3-25-22). They were to be order 6-01-21 and 12-31-21, in order to get the rebate. I will still recommend them but I will warn friends about the pitiful customer service.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Appliances bought Oct 25th 2021 with a promise that one item was in stock and would be delivered in 2 weeks, second item 4-6 weeks. AJ Madison order tracking website showed delivery between December 26-28th. After multiple unanswered emails, voice messages and customer service calls with waiting times upwards of 45 min each and relentless insistence from my part, delivery got set up for March 24th 2022 (5 months after order placed). Truck gets to the house and driver says that he did not know it was a residence delivery and he did not have anybody with him, no dolly and truck did not have a tail lift therefore he could not delivered one of the items that was too heavy.

Sales associate that sold products contacted while truck driver at the house and his answer was “ We piggybacked your delivery with a builder’s job, can your people on site take care of these? They are very small items.” Meaning: items were sold and paid for, now is customer’s problem. Luckily neighbors landscaping workers were kind enough to donate their time to AJ Madison and helped to move the item from the truck. Unfortunately I choose not to trust the multiple poor reviews I read for this company and got punished for my stupidity. For your sake trust this review, after all you took the time to read it and if you trusted the company enough you would not have searched for other people’s experience.

AJ Madison Company Information