Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I was a repeat customer of AJ Madison. I recently ordered 4 new appliances. 2 were damaged and they refuse to make an exchange. You can’t even get through to someone from customer service. They put you on hold for 30 minutes then someone comes on and tells you they will call you back and never do. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Ordered accessories for sink per manufacturer's web site, but were wrong size when arrived. No packing slip in or on box, so called customer service to get return label. It was then I was informed about the 30% restocking fee. You have to go to bottom of their web page, click on return policy, and almost to bottom of that page does it state the 30% restock policy. Nowhere on invoice is it stated. Customer service then emails you, you have to state you agree to return policy and send photos of products your are returning to see, at their discretion, if they can be returned, then will process a return authorization number. What a crock. Told customer service AJ Madison would get a bad review. As an interior designer, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We ordered a Bosch Fridge/Freezer from AJ Madison. As the driver was attempting to pull into our drive, he backed into a light pole owned by the community. We followed the claims process with AJ Madison and trucking company, but after four weeks of non action, they denied the claim stating we did not let them fix the pole. The trucking company was AM Home Delivery, and they are crooks. No question about fault, but deny the claim! These lights were a safety issue for our neighborhood, and their lack of action is the reason the HOA moved forward with repairs. AJ Madison, who we purchased the appliance from, completely washed their hands of any responsibility as well. Will never do business with these companies, and will warn everyone I know to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Another horrible experience with AJ Madison. Their salesmen forget about you after the order. Any problem goes to Customer Services. While the employees are nice, they are hamstrung by company policy, which is AWFUL. I have a problem and they will not accept any responsibility for the mistake. I just spent $35,000 and they want, in order to swap for the correct appliance, a freezer, a 30% restocking fee. Bear in mind, they RECORD ALL PHONE CONVERSATIONS. I was toluene version, between I listened to the recording, that version of the order never occurred. BELIEVE ALL OF THE HORRIBLE REVIEWS.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I phoned AJ Madison to get information regarding the possible purchase of a GE Cafe range. The salesperson looked up the product and gave me the price. I confirmed with him that the shipping was free and he also stated they are the largest appliance dealer in the country. He then asked me if I was interested in purchasing the appliance. Having never purchased an appliance over the internet, I asked him what the difference was between ordering from them on-line versus going to a local appliance dealer other than a $50 difference in the price. Hello, hello, hello. ironically the sales representative line had 'dropped' right after I asked this question. Clearly I'm going to the local retailer - especially for the small difference in price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Buyer beware. They took my money for my wine refrigerator and I've had a complete run around for delivery. Product was supposed to be delivered between 11/4-11/11, no word or update. On 11/11 I was told it would be delivered 11/13. On 11/13 I'm told maybe some time 11/14 or 11/15. Spoke to the shipping company directly; AJM is taking no responsibility for delivery BUT they charged my credit card in full before the delivery. Worst customer service; unreliable. I'm talking to my credit company to withhold payment.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I spent approximately $50K and purchased luxury appliances for my new home and an apartment at AJ Madison. They saved me a lot of money and I thought I was getting a great deal. The problems started with delivery and installation. AJ Madison sent unqualified crews to install my high-end appliances. They arrived in April and I have been fighting them ever since. The first crew did not speak English, shoved my Miele built-in refrigerator and freezer into the cabinet space without handles, cut a custom vent rendering it unusable, punctured my $15K American Range (AJ offered me $200.00 to compensate), installed the Wrong refrigerator in the apartment, and damaged every appliance they supposedly professionally installed.

I have months of emails where I have been patiently trying to work with Gitty at Customer Service, but the only time she responds is when I email executives, Ilan ** and Joseph **. Michelle promised to refund my extended warranties, but refuses to send me my money and Gitty tried to trick me into registering these same warranties. When I ask about my refunds, or compensation for the damage they caused, they ignore the emails. Just about Every Appliance I purchased ***New*** has broken within the first three months. They do not stand behind their products. Honesty is not in their vocabulary (I have emails from them with outright lies). I've been struggling with AJ Madison for eight months; the stress put me in the hospital. I recommend spending a little more money and getting true value. This company is not worth the apparent savings.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I contacted customer service because I felt $30.25 was too much to charge for shipping an item weighing less than 2 lbs to the lower 48 states. The customer service person offered me $10 as a shipping charge. I made sure that she knew that this was for an open box item. She said it would apply for that as well as she would get me to the correct sales person to take the order. The sales person said they would only do the lower shipping on a new item, and I would need to pay the $30.25 as I was getting a good discount already. Result for them (over $20.25) is lost sale, and damage to company's reputation. I have never heard of a company not backing an offer made by their own customer service department before. I felt very embarrassed for the young lady that gave me the offer, and I hope she finds a new job at a company that stands behind its commitments.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Worst online shopping experience ever. I am a real estate developer and placed a small order for 2 refrigerators, 2 stoves, a microwave good, stove hood, and a dishwasher. They claimed my CC wasn't working and called me about it. During that call I was told the dishwasher was on back order. They wanted me to change to a cheaper model, and I did. They did not credit me. They also recommended I pay extra for White glove delivery since I wanted the products asap. I did as well. I was told that it would process and be ready for shop the next day. That was Sept. It is Nov now and I've each of the last three days on job site waiting.

It never comes and after delivery window I call and they say the next day each time. I also receive a new email to confirm next day delivery. No help from worthless idiots at AJ Madison. Solomon is a liar and scumbag. Don't buy or believe a word they print or say. Now trying to cancel and order elsewhere after waiting on these jerks for months.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

The other poor reviews are correct - they deliver damaged products (intentionally?) and will cause weeks if not months of delays and excuses before you get what you ordered. Be ready to have your credit card charged for orders you did not place and deny acceptance when they appear at your front door. Your appliance will definitely be damaged in some way (our $5k 36" range had the glass door shattered) and the delivery company will assure you to install it and someone can easily repair it. DENY ANY DAMAGED UNIT FROM ENTERING YOUR HOUSE! The months of coordination to fix something will make you want you regret ever using them.

AJ Madison Company Information