1.48/5

Need an appliance store?

ajmadison.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

117 AJ Madison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased 3 appliances totaling 6K+ in July, was sort of pushed into the sale (my fault) on the phone while in transit by the salesman. I had only called to inquire about the 5yr warranties and had all appliance info on my computer at home. He talked me through it, getting to the ones I had 'saved' at home. I ordered/paid. The items were shipped, one in the wrong color, which to this date in Jan. still had not been resolved. Dozens and dozens of calls/emails ignored or not handled properly. Or just plain lied to. No compensation. What an awful way to treat customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Ordered new high end microwave and cooktop from AJ Madison. They gave me a ship date. Turned out the ship date wasn't to my home, it was to a distribution center. It was two or three weeks later that the center shipped it. My order status said both appliances had shipped. The paperwork that arrived with the microwave said both were being delivered. The cooktop was not on the truck. The microwave was damaged. The door and control panel and the outside microwave case were askew. Delivery problems noted and AJ Madison was called. The AJ Madison agent told me that they would send a new door and someone to put it on. I said no because it was likely the damage was also internal, having taken a hit hard enough to do what it did. I wanted it replaced.

The agent said if it proved defective then they'd send someone to fix it.??! Now who wants to pay big money for a brand new damaged appliance and then hassle with repairs to it? Not I. So I cancelled my entire order. The damaged microwave was to be picked up, but only after I sent them a picture of the AJ Madison box. Really? So I sent the picture and then they sent me a return UPS label and told me to ship it myself, they weren't picking it up. Continued customer care, right? Not! Wish I'd read the reviews before ordering from them. Do yourself a favor. Find a better place to buy your items. I sure hope the $2600 refund isn't delayed. Will write another review if it is.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When I ordered my appliance package I was told a date it would be sent. Well it was sent, to a distribution center and sat there until they had other orders going my way. Three weeks later they arrived, one damaged. Now dealing with the repair. Sales person will not call back or pick up my calls. “Customer Service” (ha) has called back once after a number of calls. Said they would send out a new door for the dishwasher ASAP. Then some parts arrive but they are handles for the refrigerator. Called back and no return call as of yet. Now the repair issue is going into its third week. This isn’t customer service or an ASAP response.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered an air conditioner for my apartment. It took nearly 2 months to arrive and my frequent phone calls to AJ Madison representatives were met with vague disinterest and lies to the point where I wondered if this was a legitimate business or an online scam. I thought once I finally received the air conditioner, I would be done with AJ Madison forever.

But then I received a FedEx Freight bill for $60. I ignored it for several months, assuming it was a mistake - after all, I had paid for shipping to my home address as part of my purchase. After several more bills appeared, I called FedEx and was told that AJ Madison only covers the shipping freight, and that delivery was required to be paid by the customer. I would recommend ordering your appliances from anywhere but AJ Madison. Their marginally lower prices don't make up for their non-existent customer service, inflated delivery times, and hidden costs to the customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered a washer and dryer 34 days before I wanted it delivered. I was assured by the salesman that that was plenty enough lead time. It took them 18 days just to fill the order. They missed the delivery date by a week (41 days). Both boxes the appliances were shipped in were severely damaged and I insisted that they be opened in the street for inspection. Only the washing machine was undamaged, the dryer appeared to have been speared by a forklift. Once I refused delivery of the damaged appliance the shipping company began lobbying me with offers to rebate part of the purchase price if I would accept the damaged appliance. I held firm, got my money refunded, and bought the exact appliance from Best Buy for a $100 and had it delivered undamaged and ON TIME!

I made countless phone calls, waiting in the answer queue every time... so many calls in fact I could recognize the voice of the person who had answered. It became evident to me that few people know what they are doing at AJ Madison. All serious questions and problem resolution requests are bottlenecked to the one person who has the authority to solve the problem one way or another... none of them in an expedient manner. The only good thing about doing business with AJ Madison is that they have a lousy “Irate Customer Management Department”. Heed these words and you will undoubtedly avoid a massively frustrating and time wasting experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

After several conversations with salespeople, we were assured that the model range hood we were interested in would fit and be perfect! We ordered the hood and installation components. Delivery was late and was missing the installation kit. We waited another week for the installation kit to arrive. The hood did not fit, and when we contacting them about returning the item - not taken out of the box - we were told we would have to put the original package inside another box and ship to them - incurring and additional charge. They charged us a 30% restocking fee - outrageous for this field! They didn't respond to our phone calls and took several days to respond to email. We had to ship within days of our phone call and ensure shipment was not delivered on a Saturday. I should have looked at the reviews prior to purchasing from this company. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased a Summit Wine Cooler, model SWC182ZADA, based on the dimensions mainly: I was not familiar with this brand nor the AJ Madison store in NYC. Unfortunately, this was a terrible experience, and I regret not having researched the store beforehand. The wine cooler arrived Nov. 14th, brand new out of the factory sealed box, but it does not work at all. My immediate call to the store resulted in offering me that a "service technician" will come out and inspect the wine cooler. Due to previous bad experiences with "appliance service technicians" I asked them to replace the wine cooler, because I did not want to start with a repaired, speak patched up, appliance. I promised to get back with me after talking to the manufacturer.

Well, after 3 days they still did not communicate with me directly, but rather a "Summit representative" (anyone can pretend to claim that title) wanted to set up an appointment. I refused to go that route, and they told me that I have to then pursue an exchange with AJ Madison. As of today, Nov. 17, the non-working cooler awaits exchange; however, in the meantime my credit card was charged. AMEX will help me in this dispute. I have made several calls, wrote emails to customer service, and even tried to chat on the website to resolve the issue: NO contact, NO response! It seems to be a "take the money and run" company attitude. Terrible! Be alerted and warned!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I recently ordered a range hood from AJ Madison, but several days later, late on a Friday, I received a package with a completely different product. They are closed on Saturday, so I called Customer Service on Sunday. The Customer Service rep, Rochel, was very pleasant and apologetic about the error. She asked that I send a picture of the incorrect item along with the box it came in and to call her back after sending it. When I spoke with her the second time she was again apologetic and resubmitted my original order. Within fifteen minutes she sent me a shipping label and had arranged for a pickup the following day. The correct item arrived several days later in what appears to be excellent shape. The customer service experience with AJ Madison was excellent and very easy. I'd give them five stars if it were not for the fact that they sent the incorrect item to begin with.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Literally the worst customer experience of my life (I'm 40). We ordered a month in advance, and it finished two months late and took OVER 20 visits to our house where we had to take off work! We ordered over $10k of appliances on July 18th for delivery on August 24th. On August 24th, they didn't show up. They apologized and tried to reschedule a week later. After 8 (yes, 8) calls, they agreed to come August 27th. On August 27th they showed up with 3 of 10 appliances. They complained that they had to carry them up one flight even though WE PAID TO HAVE THEM CARRIED UP ONE FLIGHT!!!

The delivery team was so angry they destroyed our refrigerator. When we complained, they would not replace the refrigerator, but had it fixed. That took 5-6 more visits and still has many dings and torn plastic parts. It looks so-so at best. Over the next months we planned 20 visits where often they didn't show up and more often they showed up with wrong or incomplete parts! It was extremely frustrating. We worked a lot with Stephanie ** and Giity **; both are very nice...but very unresponsive and apathetic to really getting the job done.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Ordered kitchen appliances on October 1 and was expecting a wait in delivery which didn’t bother me as my other appliances work and I needed to paint the kitchen. Well November 3rd I get an email and a telephone call saying they would be delivered on the 5th. The delivery guys called me an hour before and were very careful and polite bringing items into my house. Well I unpackaged and installed today (7th) and I love them!!! I would buy again from AJ Madison.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

They shipped me the wrong appliance, they then said they would overnight the correct appliance and didn't. Horrible service! My contractors were unable to continue the project because they didn't have the correct appliance. Spent half an hour on hold trying to get customer service on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Stay away from this place. They are horrible. We're getting legal advice. We ordered six appliances. They started delivering them on the day (a Friday) we had scheduled and in the middle of the delivery... they left! They left the appliances in our living room. They wheeled the refrigerator in (plugged it in- didn't hook up the water), and put the stove in place. They brought up the washer, the dryer, and the dishwasher and put them in the kitchen/dining area. Then they were gone. They didn't speak to me, they didn't call, they just left! They didn't finish the job.

Then a few hours later I received an email stating the deliver and installation was complete and they forged our signature saying it was all done! THEY FORGED OUR SIGNATURE!!! We called all afternoon, no one to help us. We called all day Saturday, no one to help us. We called on Sunday, they couldn't help us until Monday. They came on Tuesday (which was our moving in day). That's when we discovered that they delivered the wrong dishwasher! They had to come back.

They told us they would take 15% off if we kept the wrong dishwasher. We said no. They came on Wednesday and installed the correct dishwasher. We've reached out, hoping they would offer an apology and some compensation for the stress and hassle this caused. They haven't replied. Stay away from them. Awful company. They took our money and we expected a service. They caused us so much stress because we were trying to get this done before we moved in. Horrible company. Stay away. Stay away. Pass it on. Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had amazing customer service with AJ Madison, timely replies, and the dryer arrived a week earlier than the due date, first thing in the morning. This wonderful experience came after canceling a previous order from a local big box store that moved the delivery date five times on us and did not notify us each time after we waited all day for them to come.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

On September 7, 2018, I order a stove from AJ Madison requesting delivery for mid October. On September 12, 2018, they e-mailed me that they needed me to confirm my order, which I did. I asked for verification that I would have my stove before October 31, 2018. They replied that the stove would be delivered by then but that if it couldn't, they would contact me and inform me. On September 28, 2018, they sent another e-mail requesting me to confirm my order, which I did after speaking to customer service again.

On October 16, 2018, I called to set up a delivery time for my stove since I had not been contacted by email or telephone as of then. I was now told that my stove was still 4-6 weeks away from being delivered and that they could not even guarantee the 4-6 weeks. They blamed me for taking too long to respond and confirm. I learned that they did not even place my order to their distributor until October 3, 2018. I sent them the email where I replied 3 days after they asked me to confirm, which was September 15. I told them about my deadline of October 31 that was verified by their customer service employee. I requested to cancel the order. They refused. They blamed me.

This new agent insinuated that I was a liar so I sent them the original email from the other customer service agent. The new response was too bad for me and that they were not cancelling the order. I called the company that manufactures my stove. they told me that after they receive an order, 4-6 weeks is possible but definitely they could not even guarantee that time period. So lies, lies, lies by them. They still refuse to cancel my order or refund my money. They will not take my calls. They will not have a supervisor call me. They will not return calls. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The delivery from AJ Madison is a joke. The delivery personnel didn't read the instructions for each of the appliances they were tasked to install. Pieces left over and parts installed in the wrong location. The final appliance delivery left my newly wood floors damaged. I reach out to AJ Madison to have them repaired but got little to no response. When the delivery company contacted me I got no follow up. I eventually went to my credit card company help with the matter. AJ Madison at the last minute tried to make it look as though I was the issue and not responding to emails and phone calls. I have presented Phone logs and all communication to the credit card Company for additional review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I placed an order for a range in August, then received an email that said it was a special order despite being listed "in stock" and that I would have to wait 4 weeks for it to be made. After a few weeks, I called to check on the order status, and was told it would be arriving in their warehouse in early October and then shipping to me. The day before it was supposed to be shipped to me, I checked in and was told that I had not approved the special order, and that they had tried to contact me numerous times by email. This is despite the fact that I approved the special order in August and had checked in by phone three other times. They lied about sending emails, with all the emails they referenced predated my call in August. They are a terrible company, and you should avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Brooklyn, NY - I never dreamed ordering an appliance could be such a huge hassle. There is a reason big box stores are so convenient. I chose AJ Madison because they had the best price on the refrigerator. I wanted only to find a better price elsewhere right away. AJM did price match than other retailer, but it took a week for me to get in touch with them since I am on the West Coast. They have very limited business hours, they are closed for EVERY imaginable holiday, and they do not respond to emails. Unfortunately, the way they did my price match zero-ed out my delivery fee.

So when the third party delivery company left the packaging on my deck (which they were supposed to dispose of per the white glove delivery I selected), AJ Madison claimed they could not offer a refund as I hadn't "paid" for the delivery even though it was not completed as agreed. I waited 6 days for a response to my email, and finally called after several more holidays to wait on hold for 30 minutes only to be told "Frankly no, I don't have a solution for you." Don't waste your time on this company!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

If you think you want to save a few bucks, think again. The minor savings do not equal the aggravation, the lack of customer service. The repeated emails went unanswered. Ordered oven first of August, it shipped three weeks later and apparently it comes w/ attitude. New Jersey attitude. Drivers are offloading the appliance on the driveway and neighbor comes over to sign for it. They're all pissed at me bc THEY called the wrong contact number. The two Goombahs wanna give me a ration of crap bc they had to wait an additional 8 minutes. EIGHT. Took three weeks to ship and six days to get here. The broiler pan looked like it had made the trip with Lewis and Clark so after weeks of no return email, I got nasty. FINALLY a broiler pan shows up in as bad a condition as the first. I give up. The dishwasher and gas cooktop will be bought locally. Avoid the aggravation, get your appliances somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Delivery company deposited a 36" wide, 6' high LG refrigerator very nicely, to the second floor stairwell of a 30-unit apartment building. The handle of the refrigerator stuck out, which prevented them from immediately bringing it into the apartment. The delivery guys went to their truck 'to see if they had the tool to remove the handle', but decided to leave instead, without letting the super know. We had their cell phone number, which they ignored. NO ANSWER at AJ Madison, because they close early for Sabbath. NO ANSWER at the delivery company. This was also the weekend before the Jewish holiday, so no one would be there until Wednesday the following week.

They left this massive refrigerator in the stairwell of the apartment building, on a Friday night, where it restricted passage for tenants of 30 apartments. Lucky for us, we had ordered a washer and dryer from PC Richards which was being delivered on Saturday morning. Their delivery service comes complete with tools, and is now my preferred appliance store. Their delivery 'concierge' did return my call when I called to leave a complaint. He said he was concerned and would try to find out what happened. He did not, however, ask me how or if we resolved the problem, so I take it as lip service only. Done.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Each time they showed up, they came 2-3 hours earlier than the window they told me. I had to take time off work or work from home, or have a friend come over during their precious time. Each time there is a problem, I have to spend an hour on hold to talk to them about how they messed up. They have no concept of respect for others' time.

Why did it take four times for them to show up? For the first time, the unit owner wrote they did not know if there was a need for a certificate of insurance. Rather than follow up, they just assumed that that meant it was not necessary. So the doorman did not let them in. They asked me to give them a template for certificate of insurance. I asked the building and the building told me they didn't have a template. So I asked them to copy a form used for another building, and they said that sounded reasonable and they would schedule it for Friday and take care of it.

Friday came and they had forgotten to schedule it! I called them and they said it was impossible for them to create a certificate of insurance without a template from the building -- after they already told me they would do this! This is because they are cowards afraid to do anything wrong, so they do nothing at all. Either that, or they are too stupid to copy a form. Either way, they had told me not to worry about it and they would come on Friday, but Friday came and they had not scheduled it. And I was working from home just for them!

So then they re-scheduled for Tuesday, with a window of 1:30-4:30. My friend was supposed to be there, but she could not come until 1:30. They showed up at 11, and furthermore told me right then that I must remove the dryer before the installation or they could not help me. I told them I don't know how to do that, and they said "Wowww" like I was very stupid. They would not do it for me even if I offered to pay them extra. Luckily, the building handyman was available to do it, but this was not arranged that day and so they had to come on Thursday.

When they came on Thursday, of course they did not have the certificate of insurance. Luckily, the building had it from a previous conversation with them. These people suck at delivering. Never deliver with them. They cannot fill out a certificate of insurance without talking to the building, even if the building does not have particular requirements. Either they are lazy, cowardly or stupid. Similarly, they cannot remove a dryer if someone else installed it. It is their policy, because they are cowardly and would rather be mean than helpful. They don't tell you about their policies until the delivery person is already there, and when you have problems with it they lie that they will fix it and forget about you, or they insult you. They cannot change their practices even if they cause you lots of problems.

By the way, saying you'd schedule me for Friday and then not doing it isn't "misinformation." It's called a "broken promise." Perhaps you should have insurance against me getting fired from my job because of how much I had to work from home, or losing my friends from how often I have to have them come over to wait for your delivery that will not come -- luckily that did not happen, but what if it had? Wish you hadn't made money from my landlord and instead lost all of it.

Probably they will blame this issue on the person who reasonably thought maybe they could adapt the policies for me, and they will punish him, but that is wrong. Whoever made the policies so strict they cannot change, they are ultimately responsible for this. This is what happens when you make strict rules without consideration for the situation.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Waiting one hour on hold for customer service. The most galling aspect is to hear their recording about how “We value your time.” No you don't! You value my money! After you have my money, I need to fend for myself. Spent 44K on high end kitchen appliances. Delivery over one month ago. Still do not have a fully fitted functional kitchen. DO NOT BUY FROM AJ MADISON.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought a Miele dishwasher from AJ Madison because I try to buy from local businesses when possible. Every aspect of the customer service has been abysmal. They failed to properly inform us of the plumbing requirements of installation. It took several weeks to get an installation appointment and then, when told they couldn't install it, took several more for a follow-up. The store manager refused responsibility for any of this, telling us that it was in the contract we signed. In fact, we never signed a contract and the order was made over the phone. After a short time, the dishwasher was backing up and the plumber who fixed it said that the drainage hose was installed incorrectly. Dishonest, disinterested service. Incompetent installation. I strongly recommend you avoid this store.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I also wished I had looked up YELP before calling this company. I had done a google search on our Maytag Refrigerator as we were having an issue dispensing ice and water thru the door. When the google search came up it came up listing AJ Madison as "your appliance authority" with the 800# to call to order accessories. On 8/3, when I learned what part our repairman told us we needed they took the order at 800-570-3355 and we received it the next day but it in fact was not the part we needed. I did not realize that the part came from a secondary company called Distribution Services Express and on that invoice it shows that they were an authorized distributor for AJ Madison and the invoice showed it was from AJ Madison with their Brooklyn, NY address.

So when I called to determine what I needed to do to return the part which I was told on 8/3 I could do if it was wrong the person who answered the same 800# that I called three days later and said there was no record of my order. I was on hold for 45 minutes before I got a body to check the order and then they said they did not order the part for me. When I e-mailed to them the invoice I had a representative named Sarah said, "We are not Distribution Services Express nor are we affiliated with any other sales sites or outlets. We ship with our own carriers. The email confirmation you sent us is also not how our email confirmation reads or looks." I asked her to please call me about the order, and she said again she could not help me. Their customer service is terrible and I will make sure that I let anyone or everyone that I know about this. They should not be in business!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I've placed more than one order with AJ Madison and was surprised to learn that customer service is virtually nonexistent. I called with a very simple question that any employee could answer, but before even HEARING it, I was immediately put on hold or sent to voicemail by multiple salespeople. I tried calling back to make clear how quick and simple my inquiry was, but each salesperson IMMEDIATELY hit the hold button without listening to a word!! It was actually shocking. After TEN call backs, I was unable to reach anyone (operator, supervisor... Anyone) but these rude, untrained salespeople. They should be FIRED, just as I would be if I ever behaved that way toward customers. There is also, notably, no mechanism for complaints through the company website, so this incredible lack of support and oversight is a company-wide decision. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I found myself in need of a washer/dryer and needed it quickly. I saw a reasonably priced one on AJ Madison's website, and it said it would "quick ship" within 1-2 days. I called the company to verify this before I placed the order, and after waiting on hold for about 25 minutes the person assured me that the item was in stock and would ship right away. I purchased it, and started tracking the delivery status. It initially showed arrival 2 days later, which is what I expected. The next day I logged in and it changed to delivery 3 days later. I called, sat on hold for another 30 minutes, then finally got someone who told me it turns out that some parts weren't in stock, but it would still be out shortly.

I told him that was very deceptive on their part, as I only purchased it due to being to get it quickly and he just laughed and said "I'll be sure to make a note that we are deceptive". Well the delivery date shifted again, this time to a date 9 days later. I called to cancel, and after sitting on hold for 30 min was told that I could cancel, but would have to pay a 30% restocking fee. Paying over $500 for a product that I am returning, that couldn't be delivered on time is insane, and you be sure I will be fighting the charge. What an absolutely terrible experience from beginning to end with this company, do yourself a favor and buy from someone else.

Original review: July 18, 2018

You may get a good deal but, you will lose money and your peace waiting for delivery and installation. Delivery was scheduled 3 times each with a minimum of a 4 hour window. I had Granite cut, carpentry work done and still no oven. The "truck broke down" once, the "last delivery took too long" the second time, just plain "no show" on the third scheduled time. My carpenter had removed the oven and left it outside for them to pick up. Finally on the fourth scheduled day the truck showed up but the driver refused to install the oven after looking at the location, saying that he had to call the store about the installation.

This former Michigan Girl Scout lost it. I dropped the bomb, demanding he install it or at least leave it for me to have installed and take the old oven. He said he would take it. I told him he was taking a stove I now owned off my property but, that did not deter him. He left with the new stove I had paid for, dropped the installation kit on my floor and my old oven in the driveway.

I then called AJ Madison and Abe reprimanded me for being "hostile". He told me the driver needed to cool down and was emotionally upset. He needed to send another. I suggested we might all have a "feel good" moment, a little therapy and I could even make Herb tea on my new stove for him once he DELIVERED AND INSTALLED it. SO, end of day and another no show. At what point do you send a bill for lost time to this company?! I can only do so much work at home and have an apartment renovation I cannot get to today once again. I am paid well and get 3 bills an hour. In conclusion, buy from the big box stores like Costco if you want professional service and delivery. This place is a joke and makes a joke of any customer dares venture to do business with them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had been a long time supporter of AJ Madison until my most recent experience purchasing a high-end refrigerator. The salesperson was most helpful but as soon it came time for the delivery process he took no ownership. I tried to endure ridiculous wait times on the phone trying to get customer service to schedule delivery. Once delivery was finally scheduled: On the FIRST attempt the trucking company sent people who were not prepared to install the unit (clearly stated and paid for on the receipt) and took the unit back.

On the SECOND attempt they showed up to take the old fridge away but did not have the new unit on the truck. On the THIRD attempt they did not have a simple hand-truck, nor the manpower to get the fridge into the house. I traveled 2-hours outside the city TWICE to meet these INANE attempts and finally gave up and canceled the order. The number of phone calls, wait time, and utter frustration with the process made this THE MOST INEPT purchase of a product I have ever experienced. STAY AWAY.

Original review: June 13, 2018

AJ Madison works hard to sell you a warranty that covers "the item". They cover you after the manufacturer's warranty and will deny if they can find a way to put the issue on them. This is a made up way to get money from you. RUN FAST. The products are good but do not buy the extra WARRANTY. New Leaf is the company and they blame AJ Madison and AJ Madison blames them and you get nothing done.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My landlady ordered a fridge from them for our apartment on May 27th. They were given my address and contact for delivery. I have spent hours on hold - each day at least 1.5 to 2 hours on hold to be told they CANNOT deliver the fridge when it is convenient for you and cannot even tell you when your appliance will be delivered? I am not sure why they would then deliver if they can only deliver Mon to Fri, need a 4 hours window and can only come if the truck is in your neighborhood. I am being told a varying tell tale of nonsense as to how they cannot schedule a delivery. So after 4 attempts - when they told me they were delivering and never actually showed ups the final time being they came but did not bring the purchased appliance. So we're ready to install perhaps an invisible one.

And 4 days later have not heard anything back, was told even though I have now missed 3 days off work waiting for fridge that never comes, but yet they cannot tell me when I will get it and will not make any amends to their in house mistakes and inability to arrange the shipping of the purchased item. Now it is June 8th and they have not responded to my calls or emails and the 2 customer service??? Reps who were so sorry and would call me back before the end of the 10 days ago still have to called back. Also the delivery did not include install - i.e. plugging in of fridge to check it works, that is an additional 450, and to removal of doors to deliver and remove the old fridge is another additional cost and requires a technical person. And the delivery is another cost and the removal of the fridge another cost. Yet they can't remember to actually deliver the fridge. But already banked the money.

This company is joke with poor service and terrible irresponsible staff and apparently everyone is a manager but cannot do nothing. What appliance company doesn't not deliver on a Saturday? What delivery company cannot come when it is convenient for their customer? What delivery company cannot deliver before 10:30 and not after 6:30? And what delivery company forgets to load the fridge on the truck for delivery? And then will not take responsibility to redeliver for free or at a time when you are home. If this is the quality of their service then surely their refund and exchange policies will need to be serious looked at and their customer service which is apparently MIA as well as my fudged and a schedule for delivery. The worst nightmare company and totally suspicious with regards to your payments and additional fees for everything. I hope to never have to use them again.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Purchased a gas range for $3,500 that weighed 380 lbs. Since it was so heavy and I wasn't sure if it would be possible to move it into position without damaging my floor or hurting myself, I ordered 4 casters for it for an additional $325. Nothing in their website provided any specific details about them and I assumed the range's existing legs would unscrew and the casters would screw into their place. Wrong! Installing the casters raised the height of the range up approximately 6 inches above my new countertops.

Called and A.J. Madison stated they have a no-return policy on all accessories and I am out of luck. They also said that my invoice showed that the casters and range were sold as one unit and e-mailed me a copy of the invoice while I was on the phone. Didn't open it at the time but after I hung up the invoice she forwarded clearly identified it separately and as an accessory. Said A.J. Madison will contact me about my issue within 2 days and I never heard a word. Buyer beware!!! Very questionable sales practices and terrible customer service. I'd recommend shopping elsewhere if at all possible.

AJ Madison Company Information