Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

146 AJ Madison Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We ordered Lots of Appliances from AJ Madison including Cooktops - Refrigerator/Freezer and Washer/Dryer - we are pleased to share that all ordered goods arrived in perfect condition and it looks beautiful - we should really share some images. We admire the highly skilled sales and customer service Reps. recommendations for best combination of appliances like the SubZero fridge and freezer Wolf Gas cooktop and wolf stand alone oven. BTW for all of you SubZero/Wolf Customer Service reps are amazing as well. Thank you for the white glove service. Keep up your great work. Moshe & Udi **.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I recently ordered a range hood from AJ Madison, but several days later, late on a Friday, I received a package with a completely different product. They are closed on Saturday, so I called Customer Service on Sunday. The Customer Service rep, Rochel, was very pleasant and apologetic about the error. She asked that I send a picture of the incorrect item along with the box it came in and to call her back after sending it. When I spoke with her the second time she was again apologetic and resubmitted my original order. Within fifteen minutes she sent me a shipping label and had arranged for a pickup the following day. The correct item arrived several days later in what appears to be excellent shape. The customer service experience with AJ Madison was excellent and very easy. I'd give them five stars if it were not for the fact that they sent the incorrect item to begin with.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Ordered kitchen appliances on October 1 and was expecting a wait in delivery which didn’t bother me as my other appliances work and I needed to paint the kitchen. Well November 3rd I get an email and a telephone call saying they would be delivered on the 5th. The delivery guys called me an hour before and were very careful and polite bringing items into my house. Well I unpackaged and installed today (7th) and I love them!!! I would buy again from AJ Madison.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had amazing customer service with AJ Madison, timely replies, and the dryer arrived a week earlier than the due date, first thing in the morning. This wonderful experience came after canceling a previous order from a local big box store that moved the delivery date five times on us and did not notify us each time after we waited all day for them to come.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Ordered an appliance package from them. Three of the four appliances were dented and or damaged. Refrigerator would not level because of the dent And both range hood and range were dented/broken!!. They don’t answer calls or emails promptly and don’t follow through!!! Terrible customer service. If you order from them open all appliances immediately, plug them in and test them all....Before delivery people leave! Otherwise you are screwed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Purchased 8/28/19, received order confirmation email 8/29/19 with ship date of 8/29/19. 8/29/19 11:23 am received shipping confirmation email stating ship date of 8/29/19 with notes stating please allow 2-4 business days for product to be shipped. Credit card charged full amount on 8/30/19. Last date products should have shipped, including Labor Day holiday, would be 9/5/19. No tracking information given, ever. Checked order status online beginning 8/30/19 - says "shipped." Emailed AJ Madison 9/8/19 asking for shipping update - no response received. Called customer service 9/11/19, rep states "shipping from Friedrich" today, 9/11/19. Asked what this meant, she states "it's a Friedrich order so it's shipping today." I have no idea what this means, so asked to level up to someone else for more info. Remained on hold for 20+ min before AJ Madison dropped call.

Immediately called back to sales department, asked rep to remain on line, rep hung up. Immediately called back, same reaction. Immediately called back, a different rep placed me into a separate "on hold" area. On hold for 35+ min, then rep states she's contacting Friedrich. Comes back to line and states Friedrich says it was backordered and it will drop ship 9/13/19 from NJ. No notification of this prior. I stated to keep me on hold, call Friedrich back and ask to expedite shipping. She said she would call and contact me back later. I ask again to remain on hold while she calls - she said yes ok, please hold, then hung up. I called back and got the billing hold queue even though I requested "prior orders."

Woman in billing obviously cannot help, transfers the call elsewhere - random hold area? Yet another rep stated Friedrich does not offer expedited shipping, but items are shipping out 9/13/19. I ask for tracking info, she states once they get it from Friedrich it will be provided to me. I ask be placed on hold again while she calls Friedrich for tracking info. You guessed it - she hung up. Called back, more hold time, asked rep for tracking info, told none available. Asked for Friedrich's phone number, more hold time. She DID come back to the line and give me Friedrich's main line. Called Friedrich - Friedrich stated AJ Madison NEVER placed an order for my items - they have no record. This is deception and fraud. No service, no product, no shipping tracking information, rude customer "service" reps. Right now I'm just out the $4,400. Filed complaint with NY Attorney General. Will dispute credit card charge.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

They sold us a broken stove, and still haven't fixed it (been a few weeks now). Very poor products and service. Horrible Customer Service. We should have avoided them. We are now trying to get the broken stove they sold us fixed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I placed an order in mid July stating I needed the order delivered 8/16 as we close on a new house that morning which does not come with refrigerators. AJ Madison waited until 8/8 to ship the refrigerators. The trucking company AJ Madison uses was told we needed to have the delivery on 8/16. However, I received an automated phone call today stating that they would be delivering the refrigerators on 8/15 (we do not close until 8/16 so we cannot accept delivery). When I attempted to call the call-back number they gave (and listed in their email), I kept getting a voicemail and no one returned the phone call.

By the time I reached a human at the delivery company (after Googling a different phone number), they could not deliver until Monday 8/18. We will have to go almost 4 days in our new house without refrigerators. AJ Madison basically said, too bad. I could have ordered one of the refrigerators this morning from Best Buy with a 8/16 delivery but AJ Madison insisted on charging us the 30% restocking fee... which would have been about $900... so we will just have to rough it for four days in the new house and throw out all the food that we currently have in our refrigerator. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I bought a gas range online from AJ Madison. It's not even here yet and now I am bombarded with their blinking obnoxious internet ads. I already bought what I'm buying, now is not the time to be trying to sell me something. I certainly wouldn't consider buying anything else from them after this obnoxiousness.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Absolutely the worst shopping experience ever. Website promised "Quick Ship". Was told I would have the appliance in a few days. Then when I called, I was told the website was inaccurate. I was given 3 different delivery dates. The first time they cancelled stating that the drivers were out to long. The 2nd never happened. Then AFTER I canceled the order, they called to schedule the shipment and then cancelled because the truck broke down. 3 weeks after placing the order they STILL couldn't deliver!! I Ordered from Build.com and my order arrived within 4 days and for LESS $$. Still waiting for refund and hoping I don't have to sue them to receive it.

AJ Madison Company Information