1.40/5

Need an appliance store?

ajmadison.com

105 AJ Madison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had amazing customer service with AJ Madison, timely replies, and the dryer arrived a week earlier than the due date, first thing in the morning. This wonderful experience came after canceling a previous order from a local big box store that moved the delivery date five times on us and did not notify us each time after we waited all day for them to come.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

On September 7, 2018, I order a stove from AJ Madison requesting delivery for mid October. On September 12, 2018, they e-mailed me that they needed me to confirm my order, which I did. I asked for verification that I would have my stove before October 31, 2018. They replied that the stove would be delivered by then but that if it couldn't, they would contact me and inform me. On September 28, 2018, they sent another e-mail requesting me to confirm my order, which I did after speaking to customer service again.

On October 16, 2018, I called to set up a delivery time for my stove since I had not been contacted by email or telephone as of then. I was now told that my stove was still 4-6 weeks away from being delivered and that they could not even guarantee the 4-6 weeks. They blamed me for taking too long to respond and confirm. I learned that they did not even place my order to their distributor until October 3, 2018. I sent them the email where I replied 3 days after they asked me to confirm, which was September 15. I told them about my deadline of October 31 that was verified by their customer service employee. I requested to cancel the order. They refused. They blamed me.

This new agent insinuated that I was a liar so I sent them the original email from the other customer service agent. The new response was too bad for me and that they were not cancelling the order. I called the company that manufactures my stove. they told me that after they receive an order, 4-6 weeks is possible but definitely they could not even guarantee that time period. So lies, lies, lies by them. They still refuse to cancel my order or refund my money. They will not take my calls. They will not have a supervisor call me. They will not return calls. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The delivery from AJ Madison is a joke. The delivery personnel didn't read the instructions for each of the appliances they were tasked to install. Pieces left over and parts installed in the wrong location. The final appliance delivery left my newly wood floors damaged. I reach out to AJ Madison to have them repaired but got little to no response. When the delivery company contacted me I got no follow up. I eventually went to my credit card company help with the matter. AJ Madison at the last minute tried to make it look as though I was the issue and not responding to emails and phone calls. I have presented Phone logs and all communication to the credit card Company for additional review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I placed an order for a range in August, then received an email that said it was a special order despite being listed "in stock" and that I would have to wait 4 weeks for it to be made. After a few weeks, I called to check on the order status, and was told it would be arriving in their warehouse in early October and then shipping to me. The day before it was supposed to be shipped to me, I checked in and was told that I had not approved the special order, and that they had tried to contact me numerous times by email. This is despite the fact that I approved the special order in August and had checked in by phone three other times. They lied about sending emails, with all the emails they referenced predated my call in August. They are a terrible company, and you should avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Brooklyn, NY - I never dreamed ordering an appliance could be such a huge hassle. There is a reason big box stores are so convenient. I chose AJ Madison because they had the best price on the refrigerator. I wanted only to find a better price elsewhere right away. AJM did price match than other retailer, but it took a week for me to get in touch with them since I am on the West Coast. They have very limited business hours, they are closed for EVERY imaginable holiday, and they do not respond to emails. Unfortunately, the way they did my price match zero-ed out my delivery fee.

So when the third party delivery company left the packaging on my deck (which they were supposed to dispose of per the white glove delivery I selected), AJ Madison claimed they could not offer a refund as I hadn't "paid" for the delivery even though it was not completed as agreed. I waited 6 days for a response to my email, and finally called after several more holidays to wait on hold for 30 minutes only to be told "Frankly no, I don't have a solution for you." Don't waste your time on this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

If you think you want to save a few bucks, think again. The minor savings do not equal the aggravation, the lack of customer service. The repeated emails went unanswered. Ordered oven first of August, it shipped three weeks later and apparently it comes w/ attitude. New Jersey attitude. Drivers are offloading the appliance on the driveway and neighbor comes over to sign for it. They're all pissed at me bc THEY called the wrong contact number. The two Goombahs wanna give me a ration of crap bc they had to wait an additional 8 minutes. EIGHT. Took three weeks to ship and six days to get here. The broiler pan looked like it had made the trip with Lewis and Clark so after weeks of no return email, I got nasty. FINALLY a broiler pan shows up in as bad a condition as the first. I give up. The dishwasher and gas cooktop will be bought locally. Avoid the aggravation, get your appliances somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Delivery company deposited a 36" wide, 6' high LG refrigerator very nicely, to the second floor stairwell of a 30-unit apartment building. The handle of the refrigerator stuck out, which prevented them from immediately bringing it into the apartment. The delivery guys went to their truck 'to see if they had the tool to remove the handle', but decided to leave instead, without letting the super know. We had their cell phone number, which they ignored. NO ANSWER at AJ Madison, because they close early for Sabbath. NO ANSWER at the delivery company. This was also the weekend before the Jewish holiday, so no one would be there until Wednesday the following week.

They left this massive refrigerator in the stairwell of the apartment building, on a Friday night, where it restricted passage for tenants of 30 apartments. Lucky for us, we had ordered a washer and dryer from PC Richards which was being delivered on Saturday morning. Their delivery service comes complete with tools, and is now my preferred appliance store. Their delivery 'concierge' did return my call when I called to leave a complaint. He said he was concerned and would try to find out what happened. He did not, however, ask me how or if we resolved the problem, so I take it as lip service only. Done.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Each time they showed up, they came 2-3 hours earlier than the window they told me. I had to take time off work or work from home, or have a friend come over during their precious time. Each time there is a problem, I have to spend an hour on hold to talk to them about how they messed up. They have no concept of respect for others' time.

Why did it take four times for them to show up? For the first time, the unit owner wrote they did not know if there was a need for a certificate of insurance. Rather than follow up, they just assumed that that meant it was not necessary. So the doorman did not let them in. They asked me to give them a template for certificate of insurance. I asked the building and the building told me they didn't have a template. So I asked them to copy a form used for another building, and they said that sounded reasonable and they would schedule it for Friday and take care of it.

Friday came and they had forgotten to schedule it! I called them and they said it was impossible for them to create a certificate of insurance without a template from the building -- after they already told me they would do this! This is because they are cowards afraid to do anything wrong, so they do nothing at all. Either that, or they are too stupid to copy a form. Either way, they had told me not to worry about it and they would come on Friday, but Friday came and they had not scheduled it. And I was working from home just for them!

So then they re-scheduled for Tuesday, with a window of 1:30-4:30. My friend was supposed to be there, but she could not come until 1:30. They showed up at 11, and furthermore told me right then that I must remove the dryer before the installation or they could not help me. I told them I don't know how to do that, and they said "Wowww" like I was very stupid. They would not do it for me even if I offered to pay them extra. Luckily, the building handyman was available to do it, but this was not arranged that day and so they had to come on Thursday.

When they came on Thursday, of course they did not have the certificate of insurance. Luckily, the building had it from a previous conversation with them. These people suck at delivering. Never deliver with them. They cannot fill out a certificate of insurance without talking to the building, even if the building does not have particular requirements. Either they are lazy, cowardly or stupid. Similarly, they cannot remove a dryer if someone else installed it. It is their policy, because they are cowardly and would rather be mean than helpful. They don't tell you about their policies until the delivery person is already there, and when you have problems with it they lie that they will fix it and forget about you, or they insult you. They cannot change their practices even if they cause you lots of problems.

By the way, saying you'd schedule me for Friday and then not doing it isn't "misinformation." It's called a "broken promise." Perhaps you should have insurance against me getting fired from my job because of how much I had to work from home, or losing my friends from how often I have to have them come over to wait for your delivery that will not come -- luckily that did not happen, but what if it had? Wish you hadn't made money from my landlord and instead lost all of it.

Probably they will blame this issue on the person who reasonably thought maybe they could adapt the policies for me, and they will punish him, but that is wrong. Whoever made the policies so strict they cannot change, they are ultimately responsible for this. This is what happens when you make strict rules without consideration for the situation.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Waiting one hour on hold for customer service. The most galling aspect is to hear their recording about how “We value your time.” No you don't! You value my money! After you have my money, I need to fend for myself. Spent 44K on high end kitchen appliances. Delivery over one month ago. Still do not have a fully fitted functional kitchen. DO NOT BUY FROM AJ MADISON.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I bought a Miele dishwasher from AJ Madison because I try to buy from local businesses when possible. Every aspect of the customer service has been abysmal. They failed to properly inform us of the plumbing requirements of installation. It took several weeks to get an installation appointment and then, when told they couldn't install it, took several more for a follow-up. The store manager refused responsibility for any of this, telling us that it was in the contract we signed. In fact, we never signed a contract and the order was made over the phone. After a short time, the dishwasher was backing up and the plumber who fixed it said that the drainage hose was installed incorrectly. Dishonest, disinterested service. Incompetent installation. I strongly recommend you avoid this store.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I also wished I had looked up YELP before calling this company. I had done a google search on our Maytag Refrigerator as we were having an issue dispensing ice and water thru the door. When the google search came up it came up listing AJ Madison as "your appliance authority" with the 800# to call to order accessories. On 8/3, when I learned what part our repairman told us we needed they took the order at 800-570-3355 and we received it the next day but it in fact was not the part we needed. I did not realize that the part came from a secondary company called Distribution Services Express and on that invoice it shows that they were an authorized distributor for AJ Madison and the invoice showed it was from AJ Madison with their Brooklyn, NY address.

So when I called to determine what I needed to do to return the part which I was told on 8/3 I could do if it was wrong the person who answered the same 800# that I called three days later and said there was no record of my order. I was on hold for 45 minutes before I got a body to check the order and then they said they did not order the part for me. When I e-mailed to them the invoice I had a representative named Sarah said, "We are not Distribution Services Express nor are we affiliated with any other sales sites or outlets. We ship with our own carriers. The email confirmation you sent us is also not how our email confirmation reads or looks." I asked her to please call me about the order, and she said again she could not help me. Their customer service is terrible and I will make sure that I let anyone or everyone that I know about this. They should not be in business!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I've placed more than one order with AJ Madison and was surprised to learn that customer service is virtually nonexistent. I called with a very simple question that any employee could answer, but before even HEARING it, I was immediately put on hold or sent to voicemail by multiple salespeople. I tried calling back to make clear how quick and simple my inquiry was, but each salesperson IMMEDIATELY hit the hold button without listening to a word!! It was actually shocking. After TEN call backs, I was unable to reach anyone (operator, supervisor... Anyone) but these rude, untrained salespeople. They should be FIRED, just as I would be if I ever behaved that way toward customers. There is also, notably, no mechanism for complaints through the company website, so this incredible lack of support and oversight is a company-wide decision. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I found myself in need of a washer/dryer and needed it quickly. I saw a reasonably priced one on AJ Madison's website, and it said it would "quick ship" within 1-2 days. I called the company to verify this before I placed the order, and after waiting on hold for about 25 minutes the person assured me that the item was in stock and would ship right away. I purchased it, and started tracking the delivery status. It initially showed arrival 2 days later, which is what I expected. The next day I logged in and it changed to delivery 3 days later. I called, sat on hold for another 30 minutes, then finally got someone who told me it turns out that some parts weren't in stock, but it would still be out shortly.

I told him that was very deceptive on their part, as I only purchased it due to being to get it quickly and he just laughed and said "I'll be sure to make a note that we are deceptive". Well the delivery date shifted again, this time to a date 9 days later. I called to cancel, and after sitting on hold for 30 min was told that I could cancel, but would have to pay a 30% restocking fee. Paying over $500 for a product that I am returning, that couldn't be delivered on time is insane, and you be sure I will be fighting the charge. What an absolutely terrible experience from beginning to end with this company, do yourself a favor and buy from someone else.

Original review: July 18, 2018

You may get a good deal but, you will lose money and your peace waiting for delivery and installation. Delivery was scheduled 3 times each with a minimum of a 4 hour window. I had Granite cut, carpentry work done and still no oven. The "truck broke down" once, the "last delivery took too long" the second time, just plain "no show" on the third scheduled time. My carpenter had removed the oven and left it outside for them to pick up. Finally on the fourth scheduled day the truck showed up but the driver refused to install the oven after looking at the location, saying that he had to call the store about the installation.

This former Michigan Girl Scout lost it. I dropped the bomb, demanding he install it or at least leave it for me to have installed and take the old oven. He said he would take it. I told him he was taking a stove I now owned off my property but, that did not deter him. He left with the new stove I had paid for, dropped the installation kit on my floor and my old oven in the driveway.

I then called AJ Madison and Abe reprimanded me for being "hostile". He told me the driver needed to cool down and was emotionally upset. He needed to send another. I suggested we might all have a "feel good" moment, a little therapy and I could even make Herb tea on my new stove for him once he DELIVERED AND INSTALLED it. SO, end of day and another no show. At what point do you send a bill for lost time to this company?! I can only do so much work at home and have an apartment renovation I cannot get to today once again. I am paid well and get 3 bills an hour. In conclusion, buy from the big box stores like Costco if you want professional service and delivery. This place is a joke and makes a joke of any customer dares venture to do business with them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had been a long time supporter of AJ Madison until my most recent experience purchasing a high-end refrigerator. The salesperson was most helpful but as soon it came time for the delivery process he took no ownership. I tried to endure ridiculous wait times on the phone trying to get customer service to schedule delivery. Once delivery was finally scheduled: On the FIRST attempt the trucking company sent people who were not prepared to install the unit (clearly stated and paid for on the receipt) and took the unit back.

On the SECOND attempt they showed up to take the old fridge away but did not have the new unit on the truck. On the THIRD attempt they did not have a simple hand-truck, nor the manpower to get the fridge into the house. I traveled 2-hours outside the city TWICE to meet these INANE attempts and finally gave up and canceled the order. The number of phone calls, wait time, and utter frustration with the process made this THE MOST INEPT purchase of a product I have ever experienced. STAY AWAY.

Original review: June 13, 2018

AJ Madison works hard to sell you a warranty that covers "the item". They cover you after the manufacturer's warranty and will deny if they can find a way to put the issue on them. This is a made up way to get money from you. RUN FAST. The products are good but do not buy the extra WARRANTY. New Leaf is the company and they blame AJ Madison and AJ Madison blames them and you get nothing done.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My landlady ordered a fridge from them for our apartment on May 27th. They were given my address and contact for delivery. I have spent hours on hold - each day at least 1.5 to 2 hours on hold to be told they CANNOT deliver the fridge when it is convenient for you and cannot even tell you when your appliance will be delivered? I am not sure why they would then deliver if they can only deliver Mon to Fri, need a 4 hours window and can only come if the truck is in your neighborhood. I am being told a varying tell tale of nonsense as to how they cannot schedule a delivery. So after 4 attempts - when they told me they were delivering and never actually showed ups the final time being they came but did not bring the purchased appliance. So we're ready to install perhaps an invisible one.

And 4 days later have not heard anything back, was told even though I have now missed 3 days off work waiting for fridge that never comes, but yet they cannot tell me when I will get it and will not make any amends to their in house mistakes and inability to arrange the shipping of the purchased item. Now it is June 8th and they have not responded to my calls or emails and the 2 customer service??? Reps who were so sorry and would call me back before the end of the 10 days ago still have to called back. Also the delivery did not include install - i.e. plugging in of fridge to check it works, that is an additional 450, and to removal of doors to deliver and remove the old fridge is another additional cost and requires a technical person. And the delivery is another cost and the removal of the fridge another cost. Yet they can't remember to actually deliver the fridge. But already banked the money.

This company is joke with poor service and terrible irresponsible staff and apparently everyone is a manager but cannot do nothing. What appliance company doesn't not deliver on a Saturday? What delivery company cannot come when it is convenient for their customer? What delivery company cannot deliver before 10:30 and not after 6:30? And what delivery company forgets to load the fridge on the truck for delivery? And then will not take responsibility to redeliver for free or at a time when you are home. If this is the quality of their service then surely their refund and exchange policies will need to be serious looked at and their customer service which is apparently MIA as well as my fudged and a schedule for delivery. The worst nightmare company and totally suspicious with regards to your payments and additional fees for everything. I hope to never have to use them again.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Purchased a gas range for $3,500 that weighed 380 lbs. Since it was so heavy and I wasn't sure if it would be possible to move it into position without damaging my floor or hurting myself, I ordered 4 casters for it for an additional $325. Nothing in their website provided any specific details about them and I assumed the range's existing legs would unscrew and the casters would screw into their place. Wrong! Installing the casters raised the height of the range up approximately 6 inches above my new countertops.

Called and A.J. Madison stated they have a no-return policy on all accessories and I am out of luck. They also said that my invoice showed that the casters and range were sold as one unit and e-mailed me a copy of the invoice while I was on the phone. Didn't open it at the time but after I hung up the invoice she forwarded clearly identified it separately and as an accessory. Said A.J. Madison will contact me about my issue within 2 days and I never heard a word. Buyer beware!!! Very questionable sales practices and terrible customer service. I'd recommend shopping elsewhere if at all possible.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Trying to find out about a refund and trying to cancel an order. Very frustrated about getting no response for days about my concerns. When I place an order the money is taken out of my account almost immediately, but trying to get someone to contact me about a concern is impossible.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered a fridge freezer and trim kit from these guys in March. Product came reasonably quickly. When installed, fridge didn’t work. Multiple calls, multiple emails, multiple messages. All ignored. When I finally reached someone, they promised to get things rolling to get the fridge fixed in 48 hours. Days passed. More calls, more hour long waits on hold. Problem finally fixed weeks after it was discovered, and zero follow up from them. Now attempting to return a trim kit from them. Spent an hour and a half on hold only to be disconnected by them when I was next up. Don’t trust this company. They are really good in getting your money, and then will do or say anything to get you off the phone when there is a problem. They will outright lie to you. Believe nothing they say. Customer service so bad it gave me cancer.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Bought a Bosch dryer thinking that buying local would be advantageous. I pay $50 for installation and $25 to take away old one. Big mistake. Gave me a 4 hour window. Said would give me half hour warning. No warning. Delivery man calls from street. I ask for 20 minutes to get to the building from work. Delivery man leaves before I get there. Rescheduled for next day. Given 9-1 pm window. I call at 1 pm. They tell me 3 pm. Delivery truck shows up at 3:15 pm. They say they will not install OR take away the old one.

Played telephone between driver and AJ Madison for half an hour. Both contradicting the other. Completely helpless. They leave the new one. No installation, old one still here. They say they will come tomorrow with a person that knows how to install (yes this all actually happened). They give me another 4 hour window. Three full days completely disrupted because of this aggressively negligent company. We'll see if they: 1) show up, 2) install new one and it works, 3) take away old one. It's almost as if this company exists solely to make people miserable.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I ordered 4 appliances from AJ Madison. 3 arrived in good shape, but the fridge was dented. The fridge was very poorly packaged and was inevitably going to be damaged during shipment. After several attempts at contacting customer support, new refrigerator doors were sent. When they arrived one door was crushed and the other had dents. These were only in light boxes with small bubble wrap around them. Again, they were doomed to be dented. Contacted customer service again. It took a while to get a response, but they said they would get back in touch with me after contacting the manufacturer. That was a month ago. An email inquiry during this month was never responded to. I placed the order for these appliances 2 months ago and I am still waiting for them to fix the dented fridge door.

Expect no response via email, the only time I have had success getting the original door replacement done was when I contacted them on the phone. 1 out of 5 emails might be responded to. When calling in, expect at least a 20 min wait for service, often longer. When you finally get a hold of them, they are friendly, but they do not follow up on their commitments. One of the responses I was given in this process was that the person handling replacement requests was on vacation for a week. There was no one there to fill in for them! Very unorganized in my experience. AJ Madison has great prices, but if there is any issue with your order you may end up being very frustrated.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I received a Maytag washer and inspected the packaging as the company’s email demanded. The packaging itself was highly unusual. The washer came with foam corners with the machine wrapped in plastic - no box. The packaging was undamaged so I accepted delivery. After installing it I noted the door didn’t seal because there was a dent in the corner causing the door to be misaligned.

I immediately disputed the charge and checked Madison’s return policy. It basically says if an item is accepted but damaged it’s up to you to deal with the shipper. If the item does work it’s up to you to deal with the manufacturer. If you plugged it in we won’t take it back. If you don’t retain the original packaging we won’t take it back. If you return or refuse an item they charge you for shipping both ways (even the supposedly free shipping to you) plus a thirty percent restocking fee. I note that many other reviews mention getting damaged goods but no luck in getting a refund. I am now checking out the standard packaging of these washers. My guess is that they sent me a damaged item and simply repackaged it to fall back on what is basically a no return policy.

Original review: April 19, 2018

After waiting THREE months on delivery of a kitchen unit, the delivery company did not deliver one of our cabinets, however we did not know that the cabinet was missing until our contractor arrived and started opening boxes and found that it was not there. AJ Madison is REFUSING to make this right because a delivery confirmation was signed. We were not aware that we had to open all the boxes and check for every single piece before the delivery company left. As far as I knew the cabinet was in one of the large boxes delivered.

I have been given the runaround for a WEEK from this company, and finally got to speak with a supervisor today, who is basically calling me a liar and saying that the cabinet was delivered. IT WAS NOT!!! I am asking for a refund on the missing cabinet only, and they will not comply. This was a $4000.00 unit!!! I am now being forced to contact our company attorney, and will sue AJ Madison for EVERYTHING I can!! I am also contacting The BBB! Every time I call AJ Madison I am placed on hold for a minimum of 45 min. Today it was an hour!! This is the worst company I have EVER dealt with, very unprofessional and lame!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Wish I could give a ZERO star rating! Horrible experience with an online purchase. They confirmed my order and called me two days prior to delivery to say they "LOST MY ACCOUNT NUMBER." (Comforting to know they LOST it with all the cybersecurity issues going on?) After giving them the information AGAIN, they said "OK, your item will ship next week." That would be fine if my contractor was not waiting on these to arrive on the promised day. What is most upsetting is that their initial sales rep, and even their customer service manager would not return phone calls or emails! Steer clear, this company is a train wreck. They offered no apologies or explanations. AVOID THEM!!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

NEVER do business with AJ Madison. I ordered a Bosch dishwasher and arranged for installation of the new machine and removal of my old one through AJ Madison. They said it would be $175 for that, then they said $200. That should have been a warning! But since I have no help at home, I agreed. Today, 4 weeks later, the delivery guys from A1 Distribution show up with the Bosch, but say they won't do the installation. The invoice even said it was supposed to be installed, but A1 said they never do installation at all. (Did AJ Madison or A1 say so before? Nope.)

Then they wouldn't take my old dishwasher because I hadn't disconnected and pulled it out already-- again, I didn't know I was supposed to. After a useless phone call with Julie at A1, it was clear there was nothing I could do but refuse the delivery. I am contacting my bank about the charge. If they try to charge me for restocking, I'll pursue this in small claims. AJ Madison is a total waste of time and money.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I refer everyone to this site. My beautiful range arrive on the West coast in 8 days. It was delivered right to the door. The price was amazing. I had one tiny problem. I emailed and they responded within 24 hours. Very good service. No problem with credit card payment. You can even call to get extra technical advice if you need it. I needed to convert from natural gas to propane. They had the kit. This is my go to place.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Ordered a refrigerator in mid Nov. to avoid holiday rush. Two weeks later was told it was backordered. Shipped out another week later with no delivery date. Sat in my state for two weeks before I was able to schedule a shipment. Earliest delivery date was just before Christmas when I would be out of town. Delivery scheduled for January. I like the price I paid but, in retrospect, would have rather paid more for faster delivery.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I purchased a GE Double Oven from AJ Madison. Initially, the customer service sales representative was very courteous and accommodating. I was given a fair price, added the 5 year warranty at no charge along with inside delivery at no charge. I was told that the ovens would be installed when the unit was delivered. I found that to be a bit strange as I have never had anything delivered and installed by the delivery service on such an item that needs expertise and know-how. I called the salesman who previously placed the order to verify the installment scenario about a week prior to delivery. He never returned two phone calls and one email.

I finally caught up with him the day before the unit was to be delivered, and he again stated that an installer will be there to install the ovens when the unit is delivered. Additionally, he confirmed that the installer would take the old oven out and dispose of it. He noted that it may cost me an additional $25 to have that done, which I would have no problem doing. The ovens were delivered around 6 PM. The one positive is that they called within the time window for delivery to tell me exactly when they would arrive.

The driver was polite and excellent, and knew nothing about the installer. He was nice enough to check on the order, and stated to me that the order does show the ovens to be installed at no charge. I called AJ Madison and the offices were closed, but I was able to leave a message with my salesman. I called again the next day (which is today) and I have had no response. All I know is that I have this large crated double oven sitting in my kitchen and have no idea about who and when it will be installed. Terrible follow up on this order from the beginning. Terrible service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Ordered kitchen appliance package and they emailed me a week later to let me know that 2 of the items were discontinued and the replacement 3 weeks out. They need to update their website and let customers know accurate delivery information. I think they will not be in business much longer.

AJ Madison Company Information