Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered a Bosch SPX68U55UC 18 Inch Built-In Dishwasher via their website because my order with Home Depot was backordered for over 2.5 months. The week before delivery, Bosch contacted me to say they couldn't provide it. Home Depot then cancelled my order. I looked online for another provider. AJ Madison had it in stock. So I ordered it. I then checked out the reviews of the company. Eeeek: I was very concerned about the hundreds of bad reviews I'd been reading on many websites. I wondered if I should cancel. So I called customer service to see what they had to say. They answered my call in ~10 minutes. The rep was very friendly. I told her my concern. She said I could cancel but I needed to do so before it shipped and it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. I decided to sleep on it.

Surprisingly, it shipped the next day and it was delivered in 4 days with no problems at all. The item arrived well packaged and protected, in mint condition. I received a text 2 days before delivery from the delivery company to inform me of the timeframe/window. The driver called me 1 hour before arrival. They arrived as promised. They were courteous and helpful. The dishwasher works just fine. I'm 100% pleased with the product and my experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I ordered a Beko refrigerator from this company without any issues, after ordering it from 2 other companies and could not get it after months even though it said it was in stock. I ordered from A J Madison and it arrived within the shipping time they gave me and was not damaged in any way. The company they contracted with for delivery was very professional and came within the 2 hour timeframe that the promised. I was surprised at the reviews I read, I was impressed with this company especially during a pandemic. I will use them for future orders.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Pleasantly surprised by their quick turn around in helping me procure my order. I ordered a Zephyr Range Hood on 14th of August 2020. Due to COVID-19 the delivery was delayed and scheduled on 8th September by the trucking company who delivers on behalf of AJ Madison (Originally planned for 1st Sep 2020). I called AJ Madison and explained the situation regarding my need to get the order delivered since my kitchen renovation was on the verge of completion. Michelle ** from AJ Madison went above and beyond to work with the trucking company and get my order on time. Really thankful to Michelle and her dedication. Keep up the great work! The 4 star instead 5 is because they overpromised on delivery of 2 weeks when they clearly knew that they cannot meet the deadline.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Absolute nightmare. This purchase was perhaps the worst experience I have ever had in renovating and purchasing homes over the past 30 years. My salesman was really great but the shipping scheduling and install of the product was abhorrent. Absolutely zero customer service. I had three scheduled install dates all of which were cancelled (one was actually overlooked and had I not waited 1:58 minutes on the phone to talk to a person (rude) I would never have known. They actually had me living in my home for six days with no appliances (range, w/d, refrigerator). Inhumane treatment of which not one individual other than my salesman ever cared or bothered to reach out.

To add insult to injury they delivered my range and it was CRUSHED and had to be returned. I now have to wait another five weeks to get a replacement. Not one person has called or reached out to help Or offer an alternative. When this is all done I will have lived without the ability to prepare food in my home for over six weeks!!!! Do not buy anything from this company. They should be ashamed of themselves and their work ethic. Zero stars.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 07/16/2021: After making me wait for 40 minutes on the phone AJ Madison ended up charging me an extra 150$ for my 3rd floor walk up. They claimed that every floor was 2 floors because there was a turn. Basically they charge me for 7 steps. This company makes more money on fees than selling stuff.

Original: My patience has limits. I ordered a simple fridge. 999$. I asked white glover delivery and installation and even paid for a certificate of insurance. First delivery: was just an attempt because they came outside of the windows and tried to charge me an 85$ fee. No way. Second delivery: they did not want to deliver because claimed it is 6floors up instead of just 3 and want to charge 100$ for every 7 steps up. These guys seem to make more money on the fees they charge me vs. The actual products they sell. Just buy on other sites please.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Do Not purchase anything from this company, I purchased an oven-range paid $7500 for it, the oven DOES NOT WORK, I contacted them numerous times, they sent a repairman, who dismantled the oven, it was NOT fixed, he then asked me to sign on an EMPTY / BLANK page of paper, so that he can fill it out as he wanted. I have been trying to have them replace the oven for over a year. When calling you have to wait, most of the time, over two to three hours. The so called "customer Service" agents are people who are trained NOT to help. Your money is gone!, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PEOPLE.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Do not buy from this store! I have a dryer that is still under factory warranty. It has not been working for 2 months and I can not get it fixed. I have to go to the laundromat, and I have a new dryer! I have called so many times, been on hold for hours (I am currently downloading all my phone records so I can say how many hours). These are hours of my life I will not get back. I am thinking of just buying a new dryer because the stress of dealing with them is unbearable and I have zero faith that the problem will be resolved. I tried one more time today to call, was on hold for 25 minutes only to be transferred to a line that was eventually answered by an answering machine. I have filed a case with the BBB but does anyone know what my chances are of getting reimbursed if I go buy a new dryer locally?

Original review: June 30, 2021

I live in Northern California and I placed an order from them because when I called they told me that the appliances are in stock but the order I placed on February 15, 2021 was never shipped because most of them were backordered and they keep changing the delivery date. I had to cancel part of the order but it is impossible to reach their billing department as they charged the full amount of the items I cancelled. They have the worst customer service. Never shop from them!!!

Original review: June 29, 2021

Shipping takes forever and I mean forever. If you don't have months to wait, this isn't your company. I'd also like to add that even when your stuff finally does come, it's usually damaged in shipment by whoever they hire to ship. I'm positive that what they ship is 100% but by the time it gets to you, forget about it. This happened to me with two dishwashers. I finally gave it up and got my money refunded. I don't understand how a company can allow its inventory to be damaged like this and do nothing about it with the shipper. You're talking thousands of dollars of inventory that has to be damaged out. Either they don't care about their product and reputation or they just don't care about the customer.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I purchased a Frigidaire induction stove from AJ Madison in April 2021. It came defective. For the past 2 months, I have emailed and called them many times and have gotten no response. No answer to the emails and put on hold for over an hour each time I have called. The electrician says they the electric panel is damage. This is an expensive appliance and I bought all my appliances with them. I would never recommend them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered a microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and stove/oven. The delivery date was three weeks past what was originally quoted. The first time they showed up, they delivered all the appliances but the installer couldn't install the microwave because he said he forgot his drill bits. Then they proceeded to install the dishwasher so that water comes pouring out of the topper, which should just act as an air release. I later discovered a part that belonged behind the oven, stating it was to prevent tip-overs, was never installed.

I called to arrange a microwave install. Waited four hours. No show. Arranged a second install. Waited four hours. No show. Then an hour later I receive an automated call saying they will be there in 20 minutes. So I go back to the property, get there in 12 minutes and guess what? No one ever came. And all during this experience, I spent over two hours on hold arranging these appointments, and I was never, ever given a manager's name. To top it all off, my son wrote a scathing review and AJ Madison removed it. Isn't that illegal? To the lady who wants to start a class action suit, count me in.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I bought a Blomberg washer/dryer stacked set, The washer is supposed to plug into the dryer but AJ sent me a mismatched set. All attempts at having one unit exchanged has been met with silence. They seem to count on their customers living at a distance and therefore unable to follow through on complaints. I am thinking of getting a class action lawsuit together because I bet there are now thousands of disgruntled people. I am first going to contact the BBB and see if they can or will do anything.

Original review: May 13, 2021

They may seem like they provide a good deal. Their delivery service is awful, they provide no progress and it sits in their delivery terminal for days or weeks before you get the next update. Awful customer service. I financed my dishwasher and will already be making the first monthly payment on it before the appliance ever arrives. I talked to 3 different reps and the first 2 did not seem like they even wanted to talk to me. I was willing to give it a bit of time with Covid and everything but 2 weeks to cross the country is a bit much. My father works in logistics and can easily navigate products to cross the US in less than a week. They were supposed to call me to schedule delivery and they just appear to have forgotten and I missed the weekly delivery window. So now I am going to have to wait a week and a half because they only come to my area once a week.

AJ Madison Company Information