Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I did have an issue with billing and I tried reaching them by phone and it was nearly impossible due to wait times, so I sent a msg. over the web and it was answered by Amanda S. and she was quite helpful to me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I ordered a Miele Washer & Dryer that the AJ Madison website represented as "quick ship" in stock. I've waited for 3 weeks before ever hearing anything about my delivery. Finally delivery day arrived. A representative called and said my delivery would arrive in 30 minutes. They were a complete NO SHOW NO CALL!! I have been on the phone now for two days, no one knows where my shipment is or when it will be delivered. Absolutely ZERO customer service or concern. On hold for hours. I'm beginning to think this is just a BIG SCAM!!!

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Do not purchase from AJ Madison if you're outside of the NYC area. It will take around a month to deliver "in stock" items and AJ Madison has nothing to do with the transaction once they third-party contractor picks up from them for delivery. You pay for "in stock" items day 1; you get the item (if you ever get it) 30+ days later. No point in calling AJMadison customer service. They forward you to the customer service of the delivery company. Delivery service will cancel/reschedule frequently. If you don't care when you get items this is the company for you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

AJ Madison is very responsive and helpful until after you have placed your order then it goes dead. 2 months from ordering only 3 of 6 appliances have arrived and the fridge that arrived came with no handles. After 10 emails and calls to customer service my situation has not improved. I think the owners of this business have designed the customer service to work this terribly.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I have never had such an awful customer service experience. My fridge was delivered Nov 5. I paid $400 for the install. No one would call to schedule it. I spent hours on hold. Spoke to multiple people. Finally, some guy came on Dec 23 (I had a fridge in my living room for 7 weeks), and when he showed up, he said he thought it was a delivery. He didn't even know it was an install. He said he had "20 more jobs" that day, and was stressed about the time. He didn't finish it. It's still not done on Jan 14, and the trim kit is still sitting on my kitchen floor as I write this. It has been 10 weeks since the fridge was delivered. I have sent multiple emails, spent hours on hold, spoken to several associates, and no one has called back or responded. I don't know how a business can operate like this. I've asked for a refund. No response.

I'd wish I'd read these reviews. I just went with the appliance company my designer suggested. Mistake. You can get appliances anywhere else, and save yourself the grief of dealing with this company. They only want your credit card. After that, they're done with you. I saved for years to do a kitchen reno. I spent 5 figures with them on appliances, and they won't refund the money I paid for the install that didn't happen.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The company is fraudulent and non-responsive. Horrible customer service. Do not buy from them. I purchased a top of the line range and paid for delivery, the representative said it would be placed in "any room of the home". I then am told by the shipper that they will leave it on the curb, when I live on a highway and have no way of getting down a .20 mile drive into my home and it's freezing bitter cold outside. I had to beg and threated the shipper, who was not at fault to get them to deliver the range. In addition, I called AJ Madison a half dozen times, waited on hold for at least 24 hours, never got a call back, never got a response.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

AJ Madison charged to my credit card around $6000 on December 15th for two appliances. Today is January 11, and I have not received the appliances yet. The freight company has scheduled the delivery several times, but they had cancel at the last moment or never showed up. I found today that the delivery status of my order is completed on the freight company website, but I have not received the applications yet. After the frustration with the delivery company, I trying to cancel my order, but Aj Madison will change me 20% if I cancel it. The sales representative did not inform it when I placed the order. I do not recommended this company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I ordered a mini fridge on Nov 12th and the AJ Madison tracking system said it was shipped on the 15th. Their tracking system showed it never left the warehouse. I received an email on the 25th asking me why I returned the product. So I emailed them and showed them their mistake. They reissued the order on Nov 26. They tell me it will arrive the 20-22nd of Dec. I get a notice It arrives in the area on the 10th and I proactively call and request a delivery on or before the 15th as I’m leaving town. AM home delivery (owned by AJ Madison) scheduled it for the 16th when I’ve already told them I'm out of town. I call to tell them again I need it before that, to which they say they can’t deliver it and want to charge me a hold fee to deliver it after I return. I tell them I shouldn’t have to pay it and am told they will check with a manager and get back to me. I hear nothing back.

I return early from my trip and call to get my delivery on the 27th. I’m told they only hold for free for two weeks. Two weeks from the 16th would be the 30th so I’m still within the window but am told I still need to pay the hold fee. I contact AJ Madison customer service who then tells me the two weeks started on the 8th when they shipped it and I need to pay the hold fee. So to sum it up AJ Madison (and their shipping company) failed to deliver originally as promised and charged me a delayed delivery charged. The hold fee was only $50 but it was the principle of the matter. They say they have a customer service promise - clearly not customer friendly. They are just slinging appliances and you can find the same price with better service elsewhere. Just say NO!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Super satisfied. Saved $200 from Lowe's/Home Depot on a Wall Oven. One week from order placed online to delivery from NY to to central NC. I installed myself, and it is working perfectly. No need for service but sale went very smoothly. They immediately got back to me today when I had a delivery question. Maybe only those with problems write reviews.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AJ MADISON. I ordered a fridge/microwave. It arrived broken. The company wouldn't refund the purchase. I contacted the Better Business Bureau--and AJ Madison had the case closed. Then they arranged for the item to be picked up--and never refunded me. So now I am out almost $1000 and have nothing. DO NOT BUY FROM AJ MADISON.

AJ Madison Company Information