Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.02/5

ajmadison.com

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

131 AJ Madison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We ordered Lots of Appliances from AJ Madison including Cooktops - Refrigerator/Freezer and Washer/Dryer - we are pleased to share that all ordered goods arrived in perfect condition and it looks beautiful - we should really share some images. We admire the highly skilled sales and customer service Reps. recommendations for best combination of appliances like the SubZero fridge and freezer Wolf Gas cooktop and wolf stand alone oven. BTW for all of you SubZero/Wolf Customer Service reps are amazing as well. Thank you for the white glove service. Keep up your great work. Moshe & Udi **.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I recently ordered a range hood from AJ Madison, but several days later, late on a Friday, I received a package with a completely different product. They are closed on Saturday, so I called Customer Service on Sunday. The Customer Service rep, Rochel, was very pleasant and apologetic about the error. She asked that I send a picture of the incorrect item along with the box it came in and to call her back after sending it. When I spoke with her the second time she was again apologetic and resubmitted my original order. Within fifteen minutes she sent me a shipping label and had arranged for a pickup the following day. The correct item arrived several days later in what appears to be excellent shape. The customer service experience with AJ Madison was excellent and very easy. I'd give them five stars if it were not for the fact that they sent the incorrect item to begin with.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Ordered kitchen appliances on October 1 and was expecting a wait in delivery which didn’t bother me as my other appliances work and I needed to paint the kitchen. Well November 3rd I get an email and a telephone call saying they would be delivered on the 5th. The delivery guys called me an hour before and were very careful and polite bringing items into my house. Well I unpackaged and installed today (7th) and I love them!!! I would buy again from AJ Madison.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had amazing customer service with AJ Madison, timely replies, and the dryer arrived a week earlier than the due date, first thing in the morning. This wonderful experience came after canceling a previous order from a local big box store that moved the delivery date five times on us and did not notify us each time after we waited all day for them to come.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Ordered a $7,000 range hood from them. It arrived damaged and it was very obvious that it had been previously installed elsewhere, as there were still remnants of two sided tape on the top of the hood. My S/O had to hound them on the phone for weeks. Finally, they said they would order a new hood, but it would take 12 weeks to make, and replace it. We call them 3.5 months later only to have them say they not only never ordered the hood, but we were now outside of our return window and we were stuck with it.

Why did they string us along this long? Because they were waiting out the clock for the time frame for us to dispute the transaction with our credit card company, whom we're now having to deal with to try to get them to make an exception to their return window policy because AJ Madison's scam. Don't do business with these New Jersey crooks. Tony Soprano would be proud!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: May 14, 2019

They are good at taking your money, bad at timing and worse at SERVICE. We used them too much and like any out of town guest they've outlived their welcome. Too bad too. They won't answer any calls about a problem.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Be very careful, their delivery is a big con. They told me I would receive the product within 1-2 weeks as it is outside of the New York area. 3 weeks after I purchased the product a delivery company called me and told me I need to come pick up the item from their location about 20 miles away. They refuse to deliver as I live on a cul-de-sac and they will not deliver to a cul-de-sac. Nowhere does it say this while you are purchasing the product and they told me if I cancel I will need to pay 30% of the purchase price and point me to some fine print on the 3rd page of their delivery guidelines on their webpage. I will never ever ever buy anything from this company again. Why can't they be like Wal-mart who acutely care about their customers and doing what they say. Wow. What a bad experience, I can only hope that by writing this I save other the frustration.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I ordered a Ilve Nostalgie range (special order). I waited four months for it to be delivered. After calling many times I was told my sales rep at AJ Madison that a part was back-ordered and I could not cancel my order. Finally, it arrived and didn't work. A repairman came out to my house three times in the first week because the burners didn't work, the oven would not set at a steady temperature and finally, while the burners were on and gas was coming out, the flame died. It could have started a fire.

The manufacturer agreed that it was not salvageable and authorized a full refund. That was over one month ago and despite numerous emails etc AJ Madison has only refunded the amount that was charged on the BrandSource card last week after threatening to sue them and has not yet refunded the additional $1498.00 that they owe me. Additionally, I found out later that this range was no longer in production by the maker yet AJ Madison still sold it on their website. It was just recently removed from it.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a new LG refrigerator from AJ Madison in February. It took them 2 weeks to ship the new fridge since I am in California. From Day 1, after getting hook up the refrigerator doesn't get cold. AJ Madison refused to send me replacement, they sent 2 different teams of technicians to diagnosis the problem and both reports concluded the fridge has a major seal issue and would need major repair. Since I paid for a brand new fridge, I don't want to settle for a repair when I haven't used the fridge at all. I was so frustrated as they are not responsive and doesn't want to get me a replacement.

Finally after 10 days back and forth, they agree to send me a new fridge. However, the same fridge is on back order for another 6 weeks. At this point, I can't take it anymore since we have no refrigerator for over 5 weeks. After numerous emails and phone calls, they finally agreed to refund me the full amount so I can buy a new refrigerator locally. As of this writing, I haven't seen a refund yet. AJ Madison customer service is horrible. I would never buy another appliance from this company. I should stick to Costco, Home Depot or Best Buy in the first place as they will provide me a a new fridge the next day if my unit is a defective one.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered 28 in oven hood. When installing two missing screws from motor casing prevented installation. They were unwilling to sent replacement unit so I decided to return item. They attempted to charge me a 20% restocking fee... which I fought them on... Then I was sent wrong shipping label. So to beat the deadline for return shipping I paid shipping... but I'm still fighting tooth and nail to receive refund of shipping. This company has an atrocious customer service team... Forget about it!

Original review: March 6, 2019

We ordered a dishwasher from AJ Madison, what a mistake. We first ordered the wrong dishwasher, which was my mistake. We then ordered the correct dishwasher and were supposed to have it delivered Sat. Feb. 23 between 10-2p. AM Transportation is their shipper and they were awful. They went to a business address that wasn’t even close to our actual residence address and never called when they saw no one was there to receive the shipment even though they had my cell phone on the order. When I discovered their error with their tracking map quickly I called the dispatch number provided and spoke with an agent that sounded asleep or worse. I told him they never came to my house even though it stated “ Unable to complete delivery” on the tracking map.

He put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and asked if I was a business and told me the address they went to and I told him no I’m not a business and that they went to a totally wrong address. I told him I could see they were still in the area and have them come to the proper address and complete the delivery. He put me on hold again and said a branch manager would be calling. I said just have them come now while they’re close by but he said he’d have the branch manager call. I waited hours and watched the delivery truck icon leave my area. No one ever called!!!

I was furious. I called AJ Madison and they said I just had to call the shipper and they’d have to work out the delivery. After numerous calls to AM Trans I was first told I would just have to wait until they had another large shipment to my area. I was originally told the following Thursday or Friday then it was Friday or Saturday and finally next Monday or Tuesday, a week and a half after it was supposed to be dropped off and finally it arrived Tuesday. All the while I was expressing my frustration to AJ Madison and they could care less just deal with their shipper which was a joke. I asked for compensation and they offered a paltry discount on the restocking fee, which I thought was high to begin with, for the first dishwasher we ordered to be returned. AJ Madison totally lacks any sense of customer service. Never would I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We were trying to help my husband's elderly mother purchase a new dishwasher. What a disaster! The people we dealt with were rude and it seemed like they could care less about making the sale. After multiple phone calls and emails to straighten this out, the final straw came this morning when my husband had to deal with another rude and entirely unhelpful sales lady. He cancelled the order! We will purchase from a other company and will never do business with this company again!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When ordering a commercial dryer, we advised the salesperson that we only accept morning deliveries (6.00 a.m.-Noon) due to restricted access to the building. We repeated this to make it clear. The salesperson agreed. We received an email from the company giving us an "afternoon" appointment. I stayed on hold --- and again asked them for a "morning" delivery. Again --- they scheduled an AFTERNOON delivery... Tremendous time was invested in getting them to deliver as we specified and they agreed.

FINALLY, they agreed to deliver the commercial dryer between 7.45 a.m.-11.45 a.m. We were stunned that they showed up early --- before the time-window they stated ---- and left because we were not there. I spent extended time on the phone with customer service who said, "At times, the drivers run early. It happens." Their solution was to charge re delivery fees (with no guaranty they would show up timely or a restocking fee --- and they said we were lucky they did not pay for storage fees for when they scheduled the delivery wrongly!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Ordered and received a damaged appliance which I have been trying to get resolved. Customer Service is a joke and keep you holding for an eternity. Been promised for the last 2 months part is on order. Just spoken to the item brand who have spoken to AJ Madison who are going to order part today. AJ Madison will NEVER get my business again. It’s shocking that an item they delivered damaged Sept last year is still having to be rectified. I suggest you speak to brand and let them do the work as you will be given the run around by these clowns.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I ordered 3 appliances from these clowns. I have never had a more frustrating experience in my life. In this day and age I don't know how a company like AJ I'm Madison can exist. If I had known how bad their customer service department was I would have spent my money elsewhere. Appliances were ordered, delivery date set up three weeks in advance. The day before that date arrived I was told via email that this date was only the day the appliances would "prepare to ship" FROM THE WEST COAST (I'm on the East coast). Long story short 2 weeks later I finally get the delivery of the three items one of which was DOA. I had to wait another 2-weeks for a replacement to arrive. Several calls to customer service resulted in long hold times and nothing resolved. Do yourself a favor. Don't buy from this shady operation. Don't believe it when the web page says "In Stock Ready To Ship!"

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

They will sell you appliances at an amazing price. But then every month, they email you and say it's on backorder. They push the ship date out another month and in the email they try to sell you a similar product but at list price. This is a scam. I've been waiting for 4 months and they just pushed my order out again and tried the same thing every time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

You need to stop this "Band" to be on the market!!! They are selling used stuff! Customer care is horrible and they never reply to the email. It took almost 2 month to have a dishwasher, one fridge and one stove. The fridge paid $1550 is a model of 1970 and you need to switch on or off with your finger! The dishwasher was used and never worked! After 3 months they sent someone and we realize that was refurbished! Are they still on the market? They need to close as soon as possible. The WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased 3 appliances totaling 6K+ in July, was sort of pushed into the sale (my fault) on the phone while in transit by the salesman. I had only called to inquire about the 5yr warranties and had all appliance info on my computer at home. He talked me through it, getting to the ones I had 'saved' at home. I ordered/paid. The items were shipped, one in the wrong color, which to this date in Jan. still had not been resolved. Dozens and dozens of calls/emails ignored or not handled properly. Or just plain lied to. No compensation. What an awful way to treat customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Ordered new high end microwave and cooktop from AJ Madison. They gave me a ship date. Turned out the ship date wasn't to my home, it was to a distribution center. It was two or three weeks later that the center shipped it. My order status said both appliances had shipped. The paperwork that arrived with the microwave said both were being delivered. The cooktop was not on the truck. The microwave was damaged. The door and control panel and the outside microwave case were askew. Delivery problems noted and AJ Madison was called. The AJ Madison agent told me that they would send a new door and someone to put it on. I said no because it was likely the damage was also internal, having taken a hit hard enough to do what it did. I wanted it replaced.

The agent said if it proved defective then they'd send someone to fix it.??! Now who wants to pay big money for a brand new damaged appliance and then hassle with repairs to it? Not I. So I cancelled my entire order. The damaged microwave was to be picked up, but only after I sent them a picture of the AJ Madison box. Really? So I sent the picture and then they sent me a return UPS label and told me to ship it myself, they weren't picking it up. Continued customer care, right? Not! Wish I'd read the reviews before ordering from them. Do yourself a favor. Find a better place to buy your items. I sure hope the $2600 refund isn't delayed. Will write another review if it is.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When I ordered my appliance package I was told a date it would be sent. Well it was sent, to a distribution center and sat there until they had other orders going my way. Three weeks later they arrived, one damaged. Now dealing with the repair. Sales person will not call back or pick up my calls. “Customer Service” (ha) has called back once after a number of calls. Said they would send out a new door for the dishwasher ASAP. Then some parts arrive but they are handles for the refrigerator. Called back and no return call as of yet. Now the repair issue is going into its third week. This isn’t customer service or an ASAP response.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered an air conditioner for my apartment. It took nearly 2 months to arrive and my frequent phone calls to AJ Madison representatives were met with vague disinterest and lies to the point where I wondered if this was a legitimate business or an online scam. I thought once I finally received the air conditioner, I would be done with AJ Madison forever.

But then I received a FedEx Freight bill for $60. I ignored it for several months, assuming it was a mistake - after all, I had paid for shipping to my home address as part of my purchase. After several more bills appeared, I called FedEx and was told that AJ Madison only covers the shipping freight, and that delivery was required to be paid by the customer. I would recommend ordering your appliances from anywhere but AJ Madison. Their marginally lower prices don't make up for their non-existent customer service, inflated delivery times, and hidden costs to the customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered a washer and dryer 34 days before I wanted it delivered. I was assured by the salesman that that was plenty enough lead time. It took them 18 days just to fill the order. They missed the delivery date by a week (41 days). Both boxes the appliances were shipped in were severely damaged and I insisted that they be opened in the street for inspection. Only the washing machine was undamaged, the dryer appeared to have been speared by a forklift. Once I refused delivery of the damaged appliance the shipping company began lobbying me with offers to rebate part of the purchase price if I would accept the damaged appliance. I held firm, got my money refunded, and bought the exact appliance from Best Buy for a $100 and had it delivered undamaged and ON TIME!

I made countless phone calls, waiting in the answer queue every time... so many calls in fact I could recognize the voice of the person who had answered. It became evident to me that few people know what they are doing at AJ Madison. All serious questions and problem resolution requests are bottlenecked to the one person who has the authority to solve the problem one way or another... none of them in an expedient manner. The only good thing about doing business with AJ Madison is that they have a lousy “Irate Customer Management Department”. Heed these words and you will undoubtedly avoid a massively frustrating and time wasting experience!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

After several conversations with salespeople, we were assured that the model range hood we were interested in would fit and be perfect! We ordered the hood and installation components. Delivery was late and was missing the installation kit. We waited another week for the installation kit to arrive. The hood did not fit, and when we contacting them about returning the item - not taken out of the box - we were told we would have to put the original package inside another box and ship to them - incurring and additional charge. They charged us a 30% restocking fee - outrageous for this field! They didn't respond to our phone calls and took several days to respond to email. We had to ship within days of our phone call and ensure shipment was not delivered on a Saturday. I should have looked at the reviews prior to purchasing from this company. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased a Summit Wine Cooler, model SWC182ZADA, based on the dimensions mainly: I was not familiar with this brand nor the AJ Madison store in NYC. Unfortunately, this was a terrible experience, and I regret not having researched the store beforehand. The wine cooler arrived Nov. 14th, brand new out of the factory sealed box, but it does not work at all. My immediate call to the store resulted in offering me that a "service technician" will come out and inspect the wine cooler. Due to previous bad experiences with "appliance service technicians" I asked them to replace the wine cooler, because I did not want to start with a repaired, speak patched up, appliance. I promised to get back with me after talking to the manufacturer.

Well, after 3 days they still did not communicate with me directly, but rather a "Summit representative" (anyone can pretend to claim that title) wanted to set up an appointment. I refused to go that route, and they told me that I have to then pursue an exchange with AJ Madison. As of today, Nov. 17, the non-working cooler awaits exchange; however, in the meantime my credit card was charged. AMEX will help me in this dispute. I have made several calls, wrote emails to customer service, and even tried to chat on the website to resolve the issue: NO contact, NO response! It seems to be a "take the money and run" company attitude. Terrible! Be alerted and warned!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Literally the worst customer experience of my life (I'm 40). We ordered a month in advance, and it finished two months late and took OVER 20 visits to our house where we had to take off work! We ordered over $10k of appliances on July 18th for delivery on August 24th. On August 24th, they didn't show up. They apologized and tried to reschedule a week later. After 8 (yes, 8) calls, they agreed to come August 27th. On August 27th they showed up with 3 of 10 appliances. They complained that they had to carry them up one flight even though WE PAID TO HAVE THEM CARRIED UP ONE FLIGHT!!!

The delivery team was so angry they destroyed our refrigerator. When we complained, they would not replace the refrigerator, but had it fixed. That took 5-6 more visits and still has many dings and torn plastic parts. It looks so-so at best. Over the next months we planned 20 visits where often they didn't show up and more often they showed up with wrong or incomplete parts! It was extremely frustrating. We worked a lot with Stephanie ** and Giity **; both are very nice...but very unresponsive and apathetic to really getting the job done.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

They shipped me the wrong appliance, they then said they would overnight the correct appliance and didn't. Horrible service! My contractors were unable to continue the project because they didn't have the correct appliance. Spent half an hour on hold trying to get customer service on the phone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Stay away from this place. They are horrible. We're getting legal advice. We ordered six appliances. They started delivering them on the day (a Friday) we had scheduled and in the middle of the delivery... they left! They left the appliances in our living room. They wheeled the refrigerator in (plugged it in- didn't hook up the water), and put the stove in place. They brought up the washer, the dryer, and the dishwasher and put them in the kitchen/dining area. Then they were gone. They didn't speak to me, they didn't call, they just left! They didn't finish the job.

Then a few hours later I received an email stating the deliver and installation was complete and they forged our signature saying it was all done! THEY FORGED OUR SIGNATURE!!! We called all afternoon, no one to help us. We called all day Saturday, no one to help us. We called on Sunday, they couldn't help us until Monday. They came on Tuesday (which was our moving in day). That's when we discovered that they delivered the wrong dishwasher! They had to come back.

They told us they would take 15% off if we kept the wrong dishwasher. We said no. They came on Wednesday and installed the correct dishwasher. We've reached out, hoping they would offer an apology and some compensation for the stress and hassle this caused. They haven't replied. Stay away from them. Awful company. They took our money and we expected a service. They caused us so much stress because we were trying to get this done before we moved in. Horrible company. Stay away. Stay away. Pass it on. Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

On September 7, 2018, I order a stove from AJ Madison requesting delivery for mid October. On September 12, 2018, they e-mailed me that they needed me to confirm my order, which I did. I asked for verification that I would have my stove before October 31, 2018. They replied that the stove would be delivered by then but that if it couldn't, they would contact me and inform me. On September 28, 2018, they sent another e-mail requesting me to confirm my order, which I did after speaking to customer service again.

On October 16, 2018, I called to set up a delivery time for my stove since I had not been contacted by email or telephone as of then. I was now told that my stove was still 4-6 weeks away from being delivered and that they could not even guarantee the 4-6 weeks. They blamed me for taking too long to respond and confirm. I learned that they did not even place my order to their distributor until October 3, 2018. I sent them the email where I replied 3 days after they asked me to confirm, which was September 15. I told them about my deadline of October 31 that was verified by their customer service employee. I requested to cancel the order. They refused. They blamed me.

This new agent insinuated that I was a liar so I sent them the original email from the other customer service agent. The new response was too bad for me and that they were not cancelling the order. I called the company that manufactures my stove. they told me that after they receive an order, 4-6 weeks is possible but definitely they could not even guarantee that time period. So lies, lies, lies by them. They still refuse to cancel my order or refund my money. They will not take my calls. They will not have a supervisor call me. They will not return calls. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The delivery from AJ Madison is a joke. The delivery personnel didn't read the instructions for each of the appliances they were tasked to install. Pieces left over and parts installed in the wrong location. The final appliance delivery left my newly wood floors damaged. I reach out to AJ Madison to have them repaired but got little to no response. When the delivery company contacted me I got no follow up. I eventually went to my credit card company help with the matter. AJ Madison at the last minute tried to make it look as though I was the issue and not responding to emails and phone calls. I have presented Phone logs and all communication to the credit card Company for additional review.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I placed an order for a range in August, then received an email that said it was a special order despite being listed "in stock" and that I would have to wait 4 weeks for it to be made. After a few weeks, I called to check on the order status, and was told it would be arriving in their warehouse in early October and then shipping to me. The day before it was supposed to be shipped to me, I checked in and was told that I had not approved the special order, and that they had tried to contact me numerous times by email. This is despite the fact that I approved the special order in August and had checked in by phone three other times. They lied about sending emails, with all the emails they referenced predated my call in August. They are a terrible company, and you should avoid them at all costs.

AJ Madison Company Information