Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I contacted customer service because I felt $30.25 was too much to charge for shipping an item weighing less than 2 lbs to the lower 48 states. The customer service person offered me $10 as a shipping charge. I made sure that she knew that this was for an open box item. She said it would apply for that as well as she would get me to the correct sales person to take the order. The sales person said they would only do the lower shipping on a new item, and I would need to pay the $30.25 as I was getting a good discount already. Result for them (over $20.25) is lost sale, and damage to company's reputation. I have never heard of a company not backing an offer made by their own customer service department before. I felt very embarrassed for the young lady that gave me the offer, and I hope she finds a new job at a company that stands behind its commitments.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Worst online shopping experience ever. I am a real estate developer and placed a small order for 2 refrigerators, 2 stoves, a microwave good, stove hood, and a dishwasher. They claimed my CC wasn't working and called me about it. During that call I was told the dishwasher was on back order. They wanted me to change to a cheaper model, and I did. They did not credit me. They also recommended I pay extra for White glove delivery since I wanted the products asap. I did as well. I was told that it would process and be ready for shop the next day. That was Sept. It is Nov now and I've each of the last three days on job site waiting.

It never comes and after delivery window I call and they say the next day each time. I also receive a new email to confirm next day delivery. No help from worthless idiots at AJ Madison. Solomon is a liar and scumbag. Don't buy or believe a word they print or say. Now trying to cancel and order elsewhere after waiting on these jerks for months.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

The other poor reviews are correct - they deliver damaged products (intentionally?) and will cause weeks if not months of delays and excuses before you get what you ordered. Be ready to have your credit card charged for orders you did not place and deny acceptance when they appear at your front door. Your appliance will definitely be damaged in some way (our $5k 36" range had the glass door shattered) and the delivery company will assure you to install it and someone can easily repair it. DENY ANY DAMAGED UNIT FROM ENTERING YOUR HOUSE! The months of coordination to fix something will make you want you regret ever using them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I bought a range/hood set for 3200.00 and had it delivered to our current home in Conn. Planning to install it after we moved. When the stove was un-packaged for installation two years later we discovered the side was smashed in and the stovetop burner parts broken. The skid and box were perfect meaning they repackaged a damaged item and sold it. Called them (30 minute wait) to hear excuses. I saved the packaging but they didn't care. Never buy anything from them. They are trash.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

AJ Madison has proven themselves to be one of, if not the, least professional business I’ve ever worked with. On October 1st, my wife and I ordered a washer dryer from them for approximately $1700. She listed weekends and afternoons for potential delivery times. A few days later they said they were about to deliver the item. It was Monday at 10 am. We are both full time teachers and were (as most people are, at that time) at work.

We’ve spent the last 3 weeks trying to reschedule a delivery. They will not deliver past noon. They would not deliver any time on a Wednesday when I had the entire day off from work. Worse still, this company is evasive and completely unreasonable to contact. We’ve emailed with them approximately 8 times. They’ve sent 3 responses. We’ve called upwards of 10 times, and only gotten through once. I’ve called at 4 pm on a Thursday “During regular business hours” and been told “to email or call back”. The only time I was able to speak with a human (after waiting 35 minutes on hold) the line immediately went blank after I expressed my complaint.

When we requested a refund (we still don’t have the appliances, they were never delivered) they have charged us a “30% restocking fee.” We are out almost $500 for a product we literally never saw, or were offered any flexibility around receiving. Again, this has been an unbelievably frustrating and unjust interaction. I am completely disappointed with AJ Madison.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I ordered a washer and dryer about a month ago and I have no idea where they are and when they are coming. Customer service at both AJM and their contracted delivery company is terrible. They say they’re going to get to the bottom of it and then never called me back. I called AJM customer service and asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and was treated rudely then put on hold until I hung up 30 mins later. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

We order a dishwasher, including the installation and the extended guaranty. The installation of the appliance was terrible, very unprofessional and the appliance is not well installed. When we called to ask for a solution customer service asked for more money. The service should be guaranteed. I thought AJ Madison support his customers but I am very disappointed; it seems that your company is only focused on the monetary aspect of the businesses and not in a good service. They also charge more money to my credit card. An hour on the phone waiting to get a customer service representative and nobody answers.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The product was boxed properly but nothing was secured inside the big truck. When they opened the door I noticed nothing inside the truck was secured. The delivery guy had to sort thru a pile of mangled appliances that were not secured and looked like they had been rolling around all day in the back of the truck. The delivery guys knew it was damaged before getting out of the truck. Not happy right now.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We bought a washer and dryer combo from AJ and we have gone through the most terrible experience on getting our products. AJ's delivery partner, AM Home Delivery, delivered our product the first time and their calling system doesn't work at all, called me couple time but when I picked up the phone, no one speaking. And when I call them, their customer service attitude was the most terrible in the world. So they took our stuff away. They said it has to be rescheduled and there will be a $75 extra charge. Just feel like if we don't pay, we will never get our products.

I claimed this issue to AJ Madison, they said they will try to contact AM see what's going on, and will call me back. Until the second deliver time, they never call me. And AM call me that they will deliver for the second time. However, when my contractor met them, they ask for the extra charge. When my contractor called me, they just took our product away again! This was the most terrible thing I have seen. And it highly hold off our construction process.

And the third time, not to mention how bad I feel when I work with them to get them deliver again and I had to pay the extra money, when they arrive at our home, they don't even want to wait for us to come down and just left our products on the walk way. And I complained this issue to AJ again, not to mention how hard to get a real person to talk to me, they said they will deal with it and I didn't hear any feedback at all again! So please don't waste your time, money and energy on these guys. Just go buy products somewhere else!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Ordered an appliance package from them. Three of the four appliances were dented and or damaged. Refrigerator would not level because of the dent And both range hood and range were dented/broken!!. They don’t answer calls or emails promptly and don’t follow through!!! Terrible customer service. If you order from them open all appliances immediately, plug them in and test them all....Before delivery people leave! Otherwise you are screwed!

AJ Madison Company Information