ajmadison.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AJ Madison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AJ Madison?

Original review: March 3, 2022

We bought a complete kitchen consisting of refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove/oven. Price was $4000 but with $800 in LG rebates. You could not do the rebates until you had serial numbers, so nothing until delivered. This was the issue, AJ Madison had the rebates listed with the products on the page, it said $800 in rebates, not up to or anything like that. Well, we went to do the rebates and one was not for the products (again, couldn't see that without putting serial numbers in first) and a second tells us it was expired. I contacted AJ Madison and their reply was short, call LG, not our problem, I replied, "It is partly your problem because you put invalid rebates on the site which people could not access until they got serial numbers," and they did not even do the due diligence of checking that the rebate didn't even go with the products, they have ignored my reply to this point. So, currently my $800 is $400 that LG approved.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

They suck. No communication, delivery set up, I was informed during delivery they could not install my dishwasher. I had to call a third company but they would not install due to my location. Only option was to find a new installer or send it back. No suggestions on a new installer. Three weeks after my order was entered WTF? The worst part...dishwasher was defective. I was told you have to call the manufacturer to fix. I still do not have a working dishwasher, except my wife and she is not happy. Poor customer service... buy local. Do not buy appliances from AJ Madison.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Do not deal with these fraud artists. We Bought a Miele hood, which was “in stock” for $2,600, which has been “in delivery limbo” for nearly 3 weeks. When is failure to deliver a product that is bought and paid for fraud? I am reporting them to the NYS attorney general's office of consumer protection to determine that issue.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I did have an issue with billing and I tried reaching them by phone and it was nearly impossible due to wait times, so I sent a msg. over the web and it was answered by Amanda S. and she was quite helpful to me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I ordered a Miele Washer & Dryer that the AJ Madison website represented as "quick ship" in stock. I've waited for 3 weeks before ever hearing anything about my delivery. Finally delivery day arrived. A representative called and said my delivery would arrive in 30 minutes. They were a complete NO SHOW NO CALL!! I have been on the phone now for two days, no one knows where my shipment is or when it will be delivered. Absolutely ZERO customer service or concern. On hold for hours. I'm beginning to think this is just a BIG SCAM!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Do not purchase from AJ Madison if you're outside of the NYC area. It will take around a month to deliver "in stock" items and AJ Madison has nothing to do with the transaction once they third-party contractor picks up from them for delivery. You pay for "in stock" items day 1; you get the item (if you ever get it) 30+ days later. No point in calling AJMadison customer service. They forward you to the customer service of the delivery company. Delivery service will cancel/reschedule frequently. If you don't care when you get items this is the company for you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

AJ Madison is very responsive and helpful until after you have placed your order then it goes dead. 2 months from ordering only 3 of 6 appliances have arrived and the fridge that arrived came with no handles. After 10 emails and calls to customer service my situation has not improved. I think the owners of this business have designed the customer service to work this terribly.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I have never had such an awful customer service experience. My fridge was delivered Nov 5. I paid $400 for the install. No one would call to schedule it. I spent hours on hold. Spoke to multiple people. Finally, some guy came on Dec 23 (I had a fridge in my living room for 7 weeks), and when he showed up, he said he thought it was a delivery. He didn't even know it was an install. He said he had "20 more jobs" that day, and was stressed about the time. He didn't finish it. It's still not done on Jan 14, and the trim kit is still sitting on my kitchen floor as I write this. It has been 10 weeks since the fridge was delivered. I have sent multiple emails, spent hours on hold, spoken to several associates, and no one has called back or responded. I don't know how a business can operate like this. I've asked for a refund. No response.

I'd wish I'd read these reviews. I just went with the appliance company my designer suggested. Mistake. You can get appliances anywhere else, and save yourself the grief of dealing with this company. They only want your credit card. After that, they're done with you. I saved for years to do a kitchen reno. I spent 5 figures with them on appliances, and they won't refund the money I paid for the install that didn't happen.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The company is fraudulent and non-responsive. Horrible customer service. Do not buy from them. I purchased a top of the line range and paid for delivery, the representative said it would be placed in "any room of the home". I then am told by the shipper that they will leave it on the curb, when I live on a highway and have no way of getting down a .20 mile drive into my home and it's freezing bitter cold outside. I had to beg and threated the shipper, who was not at fault to get them to deliver the range. In addition, I called AJ Madison a half dozen times, waited on hold for at least 24 hours, never got a call back, never got a response.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

AJ Madison charged to my credit card around $6000 on December 15th for two appliances. Today is January 11, and I have not received the appliances yet. The freight company has scheduled the delivery several times, but they had cancel at the last moment or never showed up. I found today that the delivery status of my order is completed on the freight company website, but I have not received the applications yet. After the frustration with the delivery company, I trying to cancel my order, but Aj Madison will change me 20% if I cancel it. The sales representative did not inform it when I placed the order. I do not recommended this company.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I ordered a mini fridge on Nov 12th and the AJ Madison tracking system said it was shipped on the 15th. Their tracking system showed it never left the warehouse. I received an email on the 25th asking me why I returned the product. So I emailed them and showed them their mistake. They reissued the order on Nov 26. They tell me it will arrive the 20-22nd of Dec. I get a notice It arrives in the area on the 10th and I proactively call and request a delivery on or before the 15th as I’m leaving town. AM home delivery (owned by AJ Madison) scheduled it for the 16th when I’ve already told them I'm out of town. I call to tell them again I need it before that, to which they say they can’t deliver it and want to charge me a hold fee to deliver it after I return. I tell them I shouldn’t have to pay it and am told they will check with a manager and get back to me. I hear nothing back.

I return early from my trip and call to get my delivery on the 27th. I’m told they only hold for free for two weeks. Two weeks from the 16th would be the 30th so I’m still within the window but am told I still need to pay the hold fee. I contact AJ Madison customer service who then tells me the two weeks started on the 8th when they shipped it and I need to pay the hold fee. So to sum it up AJ Madison (and their shipping company) failed to deliver originally as promised and charged me a delayed delivery charged. The hold fee was only $50 but it was the principle of the matter. They say they have a customer service promise - clearly not customer friendly. They are just slinging appliances and you can find the same price with better service elsewhere. Just say NO!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Super satisfied. Saved $200 from Lowe's/Home Depot on a Wall Oven. One week from order placed online to delivery from NY to to central NC. I installed myself, and it is working perfectly. No need for service but sale went very smoothly. They immediately got back to me today when I had a delivery question. Maybe only those with problems write reviews.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AJ MADISON. I ordered a fridge/microwave. It arrived broken. The company wouldn't refund the purchase. I contacted the Better Business Bureau--and AJ Madison had the case closed. Then they arranged for the item to be picked up--and never refunded me. So now I am out almost $1000 and have nothing. DO NOT BUY FROM AJ MADISON.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Trust the negative reviews. Just don't buy through them. We placed a huge order and one of the appliances, the dishwasher, the main seal on it was broken. Their 30 day return policy is hilarious because it will take you more than 30 days just to reach a customer service rep, let alone get the situation resolved. It has been a nightmare from the very beginning.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

***STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPANY***. UPDATED REVIEW. About a year ago a had a super experience with them (read original review below). Placed a second order with them now and it's been a disaster. Waited home all day multiple times and they didn't show up. Customer service is terrible. Was forced to use a laundromat for weeks. Cannot be trusted, disrespectful and unreliable. I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Words alone cannot describe the misery of dealing with AJ Madison. I purchased over $30k of outdoor Hestan equipment through Victor ** at AJM. About 1/2 of it arrived 3 months after the promised date, the other 1/2 still hasn't arrived. 2 items arrived broken because AJM distribution channels involve the manufacturer, the distributor, the AJM warehouse and a pathetic delivery service called AM Delivery. Complicating the issues, besides the supply chain shortages, are the fact that Hestan ships their cabinets in flimsy cardboard boxes. I bet about 1/2 of these are damaged beyond repair in shipping. Well, you can't reach a live person at AJM unless you wait over an hour, and then you are told to send an email, where you will get a response about 10% of the time in about 6 weeks.

A replacement item took over 3 months, and they still haven't picked up the damaged item. And AM Deliveries is another disaster. They don't show up when they are scheduled and sometimes show up announced. Finally, got a response from Michelle L in customer service, who initially was helpful, but now has gone MIA. Expect to experience problems and expect to have no customer service to address them. I cannot stress enough to stay away from this pathetic retailer. If they are around after the pandemic it will be an injustice.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Absolutely terrible customer service. I would not recommend this company to anyone. There are many appliance companies out there. You should really try to use any other company for your appliance needs.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

DO NOT ORDER A THING FROM THIS COMPANY! They are unresponsive to everything except your credit card payment. Don't expect anyone to EVER answer the phone, live chat or email you back. You will never speak to a human. Purchased a refrigerator for my elderly mother. Upon installation, the installers broke a piece of the refrigerator making it so that they could not hook up the water line. They simply left. Did not call the store or set up a follow-up visit to repair the part and install the water line. I have called and called, sitting on hold for 40 mins or more each time. Live chat is a joke. No matter when I use chat, I'm suspiciously always the next person in line (with a two minute wait), however, no one ever answers no matter how long I sit there. I've emailed twice with no response. I've never experienced such poor customer service in my life.

We paid for the install and purchased the water line (total of $105). To have these men just leave with no resolution is unacceptable. To have AJ Madison simply ignore my messages, never answer their calls, live chat or emails is ridiculous. At this point, the resolution I would expect is for AJ Madison to reimburse me for a repair and hook up performed by an appliance repair expert in my area.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

We received only the installation parts and no cooktop. After talking to customer service, they told me "Sorry file a claim with your insurance company" on a $5k product because it came directly from the manufacturer. WHAT A RIPOFF AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE! SO MANY MORE OPTIONS THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS! Will be taking legal action if not resolved ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The worst part is that I have to give 1 star....Seriously....I won't go as far to say this place is a scam, but it is really close. Horrible customer service, we have been waiting 30 days for a fridge that they said they had in stock. I have spent at least 7 hrs total on hold and been hung up on 3-4 times throughout the process....DON'T DO IT PEOPLE!!!! Learn from my mistakes....

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

TERRIBLE customer service and follow through. I would award zero stars if that were an option. I ordered five major appliances last summer, and though I sent numerous emails to the sales rep asking for updated information and delivery times, he was AWOL. I contacted him to add four more items to the order, he took the information, but never placed the order, and I didn't find out until I actually needed the items.

It took at least an hour on hold to confirm a delivery date, and I had a confirmation in writing from a manager of Oct 28, but when I called on that day, a customer service rep said they had moved delivery to next week. Without any notification or communication whatsoever. Now I've been on hold with a manager trying to reschedule delivery earlier, and after an hour the call got dropped, with no way to reach that same manager. I guess a $30k order is just not important to them. AVOID this company, they are completely disorganized and incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I purchased a washer and dryer and everything went south from there. Very long delivery time, washer not installed properly, items I paid for not received. AM trucking was the delivery and installation company that did not install properly, damaged my property and taking forever for a resolution. I will never order from AJ Madison again. I have called and have to wait on hold for hours for the last 2 days only to get disconnected. OMG

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I found the salesperson working chat to be extremely helpful during the buying process. I ended up buying a double-wall oven through AJ Madison, with a warranty, delivery, and a cart-away service for the old oven. Unfortunately, during delivery and installation, my new, wood floor was gouged by workmen who pulled it off a mat. (They would have completely wrecked it if I hadn't been there to tell them to stop.) Also, the delivery team left off a flange, leaving a gap between the oven and the cabinet that contained it. I approached AJ Madison's help department with the issues but my emails were ignored. Because of these issues, I would not use AJ Madison again, and would advise others from using them, unless they plan on installing their appliances themselves.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I placed an online order on 9/23/2021 (all Quick Ship). As of 10/12/2021, I am still missing an item (microwave faceplate). AJ Madison reflects my order as "Already Shipped." I've tried reaching Customer Service 2 times. After 45min holds, I am automatically disconnected. I contacted the salesperson listed on my invoice (David **). He quickly stated that after an order is placed, I must contact customer service ---and then, hung up. Save yourself the frustration and buy your appliances elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I ordered a dryer for $1000 on August 11 2021 from AJ Madison because it was available for delivery within 2-3 days. It never arrived. Each time I checked the order online, it said the dryer would be delivered the following week. It is now September 30 and I still do not have a dryer. Their online form is broken and they never pick up the phone, or you are on hold for 60+ minutes. I am going to have to have my credit card company reverse the charge. So frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Order a dishwasher July 30 and paid for it!! Got email that I will get it by end of Oct. Track the order it and said end of December early January!! Bad customer service. I could have got it somewhere else and have it by now!!

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

UPDATE: After a couple of calls to speak with a customer service representative, we were able to complain about the broken stovetop we refused delivery on. We were promised a full refund and our credit card account was credited the amount!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We needed a Bosch 36” induction glass cooktop for a new home build. Our order at Lowe’s was lost and back ordered due to supply chain issues. A desperation internet search showed AJ Madison had the item in stock on 09/13/21. We ordered over the phone and the item shipped as promised. Today we received the scheduled delivery from AM Trucking. The driver told us there was definitely broken glass inside the box. We refused delivery and the box was never opened. Since it was after hours on the East Coast, we plan on calling tomorrow. In the meantime, I discovered all of the horrible reviews! I guess I need to prepare for a fight with both AJ Madison and American Express. If I have to go to New York to file a civil lawsuit when I am not reimbursed, I will in principle alone!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

After COUNTLESS HOURS (literally) on hold waiting for AJ Madison Customer Service during "these unprecedented times," I am hoping that my saga of monumental customer service failure is finally over. In September 2020, I ordered an LG Gas Range that I received and had installed in October. It never worked correctly. After going back and forth with AJ Madison and being told that they could not send a certified LG appliance repair person to "look at it" (NOT repair) until FEBRUARY 2021, I decided that I would, instead, opt for a different range from a superior manufacturer. (Anyone who has experience with appliances would probably agree that there are many manufacturers superior to LG. I chose Bosch.)

On December 22, we finally reached an agreement and put in an order for the Bosch with an order stating that the original LG range would be picked up upon delivery and we would receive full credit for the return. Please note that this process (ordering, receiving faulty equipment, sitting on hold, getting disconnected, being told that I was "mean" because I asked for an issue to be escalated to someone with the power to actually DO something) took me at least 15 calls and at least an hour (one time it was TWO hours) each call.

Here we are, at the end of September, NINE MONTHS LATER. I did receive the new (and wonderful, I must say) Bosch range at the beginning of the month. There were several hiccups with the delivery. First of all, I paid for installation. The drivers (who spoke NO ENGLISH) informed me that there was 'NO DELIVERY ON THE ORDER'. They didn't speak enough English for me to even explain to them (and show them the invoice) that it had been paid for. AND AJ Madison was closed that day for some high holiday. I ended up having to find and pay for a local installer who was able to come two days later at half the cost. That worked out well, except now I had no way to cook for my family for two days.

Second, the delivery guy was going to leave the range RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY REFRIGERATOR, so I couldn't even open the refrigerator. When I gestured and said, "are you going to push it in?" he pushed it into my granite countertop and scraped the side of it. The delivery company did pick up my LG range on September 9, but I didn't see a confirmation or an email from AJ Madison, so I called them. Again, I sat on hold and was told that my refund would be processed in "five to ten days."

AJ Madison had nearly $3,000 of my money for the first range for more than a year now AND I paid in full for the second range (nearly $4,000). Today (September 24) I called AGAIN and was told that they had not received confirmation from the delivery company that they had picked up the original range and that they were "waiting for it". This is 15 days later and of course, there was no notification of ANYTHING from AJ Madison.

I asked for escalation and was put on hold AGAIN. About 20 minutes later, the person to whom I was speaking came back and told me that they confirmed the range was picked up and my refund would be credited IN FIVE TO TEN DAYS. WHAT???? ANOTHER five to ten days? Ridiculous! When I asked for a confirmation number, I was told, "there is none."

Finally, I asked for an email confirming that I'd get the refund. What I received said, "This confirms we had issued the refund. Please allow up to 5 business days for the refund to be reflected on the payment method on file." No amount, no nothing. This is the most SHODDY operation I've ever dealt with. I will let anyone who will listen know that they should go ANYWHERE other than AJ Madison for appliances. If I could give them ZERO stars, I would.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Called to order my 90 year dad a washer. The sales rep said that he could not process the order due to my credit card not being the same address as the shipping address. So I went online and ordered the unit using my dad's cc number. A few weeks later he is blled TWICE for the unit. AJ Madison had shipped TWO units and charged my dad a $300.00 restocking fee to take the 2nd unit back. We called and called (it takes 45 min to an hour to get someone on the line) only to be given the middle finger on a refund despite it being their fault. I would rather crawl across 500 miles of shredded glass than to ever buy from these people again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Did not keep promise of delivery date. I made it very clear that product must arrived within 10 days or I will not put in the order. The salesperson affirms that. When the shipping date was sent, I immediately told them that was not acceptable and would cancel my order. That took a lot of back and forth. The cancellation was also done within 3 business days of sales which should have given me a full refund. They finally agreed to refund me some amount but charge me 'shipping fee' which I don't understand at all. Would not recommend this company.

AJ Madison Company Information