TransUnion

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service sucks. I have filed disputes about my reports and scores and nobody will tell me why my score went down. They keep telling me to pay more fees to get more reports, but when reports don't say anything and my score still went down, they have no answers.

I am stuck not being able to do anything with TransUnion. I have now spoken to four agents about my identity's theft, two of whom I could hardly understand even when I asked them to speak slowly and clearly. Each asked me a series of security questions to confirm my identity. Each got to the fourth question, which I could not answer "correctly." None of the answers had anything to do with me; rather, it appeared to be based on information related to the identity thief... Stymied, I was then read the same script by each of them, telling me to obtain my TransUnion credit report and then call back. I said, "It's in my hand and I still have no idea about this question! It's about the criminal's activity!" Each of them then read me the exact same speech again and would not help me any further...

For some reason the first agent had put an Armed Services freeze on further credit activity. It's an extended freeze available to military personnel only. I am not in the military, never have been. The other agents would not change that freeze unless I answered the mystery question correctly. I insisted again it was "none of the above." They remained immovable -- "Obtain your credit report." Good grief... So I altered course and tried to use their online dispute module. It wouldn't allow me to enter any more info than name and address, saying I had already begun the dispute by a different method. Yep, via phone, which of course was blocking me... It is truly nightmarish trying to work with TransUnion. It's so bad it seems as if they're staging a parody of the worst kind of customer service hell. Oh, by the way, I don't feel at all comfortable telling a subcontractor employee in a third world country my social security number, but they give you no choice.

TransUnion is unbelievable!! They report fraudulent information about my credit score to my credit cards, and when I call I can't get anywhere with my problem! Nobody in Customer Service is capable of anything other than trying to get me to pay (!!!) for information about my credit score, and they are lying through their teeth every step of the conversation. There has to be the way to hold them responsible for damages they put on Americans. I am looking for a Group Legal Action against them. If anyone is aware of such action, please let me know so I could join!!! I cannot believe some scumbags can do this on American ground, and our Government does absolutely nothing to protect its citizens!

The other reviews were spot on. Automated Phone System doesn't work. Humans do not speak legible English. Any questions are answered with a selection from a response card. There is very little effective effort to help. My problem was I needed to un-freeze MY CREDIT INFORMATION for a mortgage (several yrs ago my brokerage house was hacked, they suggested that their customers freeze info at the three major agencies, which I did). Since the time of the freeze I had a fire - I could not supply a PIN#, both Equifax and Experian asked me some personal to establish my ID over the phone. NO PROBLEM! Now for Transconfusion.

I spent almost four hours climbing supervision ladder with the same stock answers until a reached a person who claimed to be in management. I was told to FAX Picture ID, current address, last four digits of SS#, DOB, a cover letter, reason for request. I was told it would take 6-8 days after the rec of FAX. The FAX# I was given was a phone#. I spent another 20 mins finding their (secret FAX#). There has to a governing body to deal with this. Consumers don't make a choice to deal with these people.

I needed my credit report, but they sign you up automatically for their credit monitoring report which charges you 17 each month. I had no idea until they sent me an email. Due to a pre-paid visa I used, they could not receive payment. Anyway, I called them immediately only to be told to call back in 15 mins because of their system updates. I called back again and was told the same. I waited till today, called again and was told AGAIN about system updates. At this point I am getting pretty irate and hung up on Andy. I called back in 15 mins to be told by another person, Mina, to call back again. I lost my ** and said the next call if I get told this again, I will need to speak to their supervisor or whoever is in charge. Don't do business with these scumbags. This is probably their ploy to keep charging you by telling you to call back in 15 mins - so you might forget to call them back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransUnion?

We are supposed to get free annual credit reports from the 3 credit reporting agencies. I got back the first 2 reports, but instead of the report, I got a letter from TransUnion. It stated that I could fill out another form, or I could log into their website. Well, I logged into their website, got my credit report and then got a bill for 'Credit Monitoring'. I called to cancel and they said "Their computers were down". I said to take down my information with paper and pencil. After the run around, they said that they cancelled the credit monitoring service. I don't get it? Is TransUnion just another scam? Aren't they supposed to be affiliated with the government?

I am applying for a mortgage and had to remove disputes that I had initiated recently and their notes from my file. You would think this an easy thing. It was with Experian and Equifax, they were kind, understanding, and quick to respond. All I got from TransUnion was, "We cannot do that." "We cannot comment," is their other favorite line. Nothing is more frustrating than having absolutely nothing you called about being taken care of. They can't tell you it's against the law or other companies wouldn't do it. It is just their lack of concern, care and inability to do their job that keeps them from doing it.

The other problem is when you ask questions, including explaining services. The standard "we cannot comment" kicks in. That is if you are lucky enough to understand them. They have no one who speaks English. Half the time I struggle to understand them, the other half to hear them over the conversations in the background. How can they not have one office in this country with one "real" Steve or Jane, who speaks English. For goodness sake, we are not stupid TransUnion! Calling themselves English names makes it seem like you are trying to pull one over on the English-speaking customer, which you are! I will cancel my subscription as soon as I am through with this mortgage process and let LifeLock deal with you in the future. If it had not been a last minute thing and I were desperate, OOOHHH! Get another service and avoid these people at all costs!

I am trying to remove a Freeze for my minor daughter. Experian and Equifax were amazing to work with. They resolved my problem the same day and provided prompt follow up contact. TransUnion however has been horrible! I had to spend over two hours trying to reach someone on the phone to figure out how to submit a request (I was not able to do it online because my daughter is a minor). I ended up speaking to 7 people to get the correct fax number to send my request. I was given two wrong fax numbers, then once I insisted on talking to the supervisor's supervisor, I was given a correct fax number (at least I think). I asked all 7 people for a direct number to call to follow up on my request and no one would give me a number to call or offer a callback.

I finally asked to be transferred to a third supervisor - the phone rang and then disconnected! I still have no idea if they received my fax. I have never dealt with a company that has such poor customer service! I think they go out of their way to make it very hard to actually reach anyone there! If you can, please avoid this company at all cost. I would recommend Experian or Equifax!

I am a paying member on their site, my credit score listed is 782 , they say that based on my score they have matched me up with credit cards, so I look and they matched me to "secured cards" and subprime banks who offer $300 credit lines, my credit cards have credit lines of $5,000 and one as high as $25,000 so they match me up to $300 cards??? Amazing, this is what I am paying for each month? they must get a giant kickback when they land a sale like this but it is very unfair to the consumers.

I called to ask about disputing something on my credit report. The guy I get has an accent but I don't want to assume he is overseas. (We do have foreigners here, after all.) I verify my personal information (including my WHOLE SSN and ask him where he is. He says "India". I am scared some fraud will take place as I've heard of many customers having fraud and other problems with outsourced jobs.

First, I live in the U.S. and would like to speak with a representative in the U.S. (NOT THE PHILIPPINES; THESE PEOPLE DO NOT SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH). Shame on you, TransUnion for outsourcing American jobs. Secondly, I have spoken and written these people numerous times about a Federal Tax Lien that appears on my bureau. The lien was reported "after" the fact. I mailed the release from the court. The court will not provide any other documents other than the release indicating the debt was satisfied. It's been 8 years and now I'm being told it will remain on file until 2019. These people are ruthless. The lien does not appear on Equifax or Experian (just TU). I explained this, but they really don't give a crap. I had a membership where I was paying a monthly fee of $19.95. Cancelled the membership. TransUnion can kiss my butt. I have the power to remove the negative item, but refuse to do so. I HATE YOU, TRANSUNION.

I have paid 100% debt every month. I have never owed even one cent. How come I am controlled & evaluated by this stupid company. WHAT THE PROBLEM'S if I spend more on the card, and I owe high amount, but I have ability to pay back 100%. Please use your small brain, think about it and try to make sense.

Transunion is reporting COMPLETELY INACCURATE INFORMATION on me... My credit cards are almost paid off in full as a result of my working tirelessly to do so. And yet they are reporting information from months and even YEARS ago. I am going public with this today. I am a known artist and very influential person. Just google me. Transunion is breaking fair credit laws as well as audacity laws. And they are damaging me. Their scripted and rude, outsourced phone representatives are ineffectual. I have spoken to the top class action attorney in the country, and not only do I have a STRONG CASE, but apparently there are THOUSANDS of consumers experiencing the SAME ISSUES. They are literally destroying lives.

My bank suggested I check my credit score on TransUnion. I had trouble on website so I called customer service. This was a complete waste of 30 minutes! I was bounced back and forth between two people. All they said is "I can't help you. Let me transfer you to someone else". Which in turn said the same thing and transferred me back! I ended up getting my credit score from some other website! Save yourself the aggravation and use another website!!!

Unlike the other 2 credit report agencies, Transunion "can't verify" my personal information. I spent over an hour on the automated phone line to request my credit report, but they "can't verify" my information. They gave me a PO box in Atlanta that I should send a written request to. I sent that request THREE TIMES, with no response.

I removed a freeze from my credit report and it was to be done in 48 hours maximum. That time has long passed and I can't get a live person on the phone to even discuss. No one has a supervisor or a name they are actually willing to give. I've been disconnected and on hold for about 4 hours already. I would never recommend a security freeze with TransUnion or really even having a creditor use TransUnion if credit is needed.

The fact that TransUnion and Equifax for that matter are allowed to remain in business is criminal. Last year I applied for a credit card and was denied based on TransUnion's reporting of my credit. When I investigated by paying for their "service" if you can call it that. There were several inaccuracies that I had to deal with. Fast forward to 2 days ago when I am making preparations to attempt to get the same credit card so I can switch banks. Equifax reports me as being in the excellent range where TransUnion has me in fair bordering on poor.

Again I find inaccuracies in my account. Not only that but my credit score dropped 12 points since last year. There is no reason for that as I have not taken on any new debt, don't have any debt, sorted out the inaccuracies they caused, closed a line of credit, and continued to use my credit card like normal for just about everything. Also both company's customer services representatives are rude, barely speak English, have no ability to explain or do anything and are obviously far away as the connection is very poor.

I went onto AnnualCreditReport.com to get my first annual credit reports from the 3 bureaus and got charged $20 per month from one of them - TransUnion, by simply giving them my credit card information. This is a scam that shouldn't be permitted! I hope this company stops auto-signing people up to their services because I never wanted their services for anything but free, which is why I went on to AnnualCreditReport.com to get my FREE credit reports. Nothing was charged by the other two, and based on all the other reviews, I know that it isn't just me. The problem apparently is that I had to give them my credit card information - don't trust them with your credit card info.

I got transferred NINE TIMES!!! I had to stop the last person from transferring me. Every single teller I spoke to is useless. They made me repeat the same thing over and over, and they would transfer me. EQUIFAX helped me within 10 minutes while TRANSUNION made me waste 45 minutes. And, I am sorry but it was really hard to understand some of the workers as their accents were pretty strong.

I signed up for a $1 credit report, and I've just discovered that TransUnion is charging me $19.93 per month for this on my credit union credit card. I immediately cancelled my 'free yearly credit report' (HA!) and I have emailed them (no reply to date) and tried to phone them, but the phone is automated/asks from my social security number, which I am not happy to provide, and I am unable to speak to a human. I've told my Credit Union about this, in the hope that they can help me recover every penny of the money they've stolen. I am now going to make a complaint to the BBB and will continue my efforts to spread the word about this devious company. DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Asks for credit card for "information" then charges a monthly fee of $9.95. They must know they have created a scam product to inadvertently sign users up for a monthly subscription that they don't want or need. In addition all of the credit information on the site was out of date. They apparently had no knowledge of any of my current credit card accounts even though I used them regularly for many years.

In 2014 I signed up for a service for credit monitoring upon accessing my credit report. I did not request a monthly subscription but was apparently auto signed up for one. When receiving repeated charges for 19.93 per month after 2 months, I called TransUnion to discontinue a monthly subscription. They assured me this would not continue and the charges would be reversed. That did not happen, I then called Capital One whom was the credit card that was being charged, Capital One was very professional and assisted me on getting reimbursed from the fraud charges.

It is now 2017 and I'm STILL being charged via TransUnion monthly for a subscription that even their own records indicate I've cancelled. Capital One has had an ongoing investigation as to these charges and we have now blocked the company from being able to further charge my card. I've had 2 replacement cards and accounts since 2014 and they are able to go to MasterCard themselves and request access to my card information to charge me. This is ILLEGAL.

I will be pursuing a legal lawsuit with a class action suit for these activities that are against consumers. Anyone interested in joining my lawsuit please contact me. I will be happy to add you to the suit to get your funds reimbursed and have this company be held accountable legally for their criminal activities against consumers. These companies like Lifelock, TransUnion, etc are supposed to safeguard our credit and identity NOT be the very companies committing the fraud. This needs to stop now. I can be reached at **, leave a voice mail and we will happily add you to the lawsuit as a consumer victim of fraud.

I filed a dispute with Transunion online. For weeks it said needs manual processing on the website. After the 30 days was over the dispute shows all blanks and is still on my credit report. Customer service is telling me they have no record of my dispute. This is bogus. I have a Dr bill where someone used my name and it was disputed! I'm not stupid and had to dispute something once before. They are dead wrong but I have no recourse. I hate them. I'm trying to refinance my home and I have a bs collection that is wrong and it seems the only way to get it off my report is to pay a bill that is bogus. I disputed again yet now have to wait another 30 days bs.

For the past 6 months I have been attempting to cancel this service. 3 times I called and 3 times the service was supposed to be canceled and refunded. The money taken from your account is automatically renews but your credit score does not. You have to pay to refresh! "These memberships automatically renew, each month, indefinitely." If it took me an hour just to locate this someone needs to warn others NOT TO SIGN UP WITH TRANSUNION! Have to dig very hard to find out. To cancel you must call them, and the info is buried under PRIVACY.

TransUnion is a fraud, they have all the same information as Equifax and Experian yet my score is 50 POINTS LOWER, dragging me into a lower level credit bracket. Making me pay way more for things I shouldn't. I work very hard to keep my credit and they are providing these companies with an inaccurate number. When I called I to speak to someone not located within the United States and can't understand them or what they are trying to explain how they come up with that number. Then the supervisor tells me he's looking at a completely different number but will not tell me what it is, he says if I want to find out it will be an additional $9.95. What! This is no joke!

This affects my lively hood and way of LIFE! How does the government let them get away with it! If this happens to everyone else of course the lending companies are going to catch on and only use TransUnion scores, then the people will have to pay higher percentages! When is enough enough! They just squeeze every ounce out of a person and expect us to thank them in the process! Pretty soon you will not be able to afford anything! Anything at all, because major corporations are paying for credit scores and TransUnion is giving false information to keep your rates high. One hand feeds the other!

Called to update address and phone number cause I just moved a few months ago. I found out my info they have is old and out of date. Called 3 numbers for them before finding a number that would give me a human. Explained to them I moved and needed my info updated. They could not help me instead wasted 1 hour of my time then I asked to speak to a supervisor again wasted much time to get nowhere. It's my credit score and info but yet they have control of this information.

They refused to update it after asking me many questions to prove I am me. Then I ask "you even in the USA" I was told "no your call was transferred and rerouted to India." So all of our SSN and addresses, Full names and personal INFO is in another country. Nice and yet our country talks about identity theft and how it is so easy for others to get your info. OUR OWN GOVERNMENT JUST GIVES OUR PRIVATE INFORMATION OUT TO OTHER COUNTRIES. I then asked to be rerouted back to the USA to still just get the runaround. What a joke.

As I read these reviews I see the same information repeated. My experience was getting a 1 time credit score, I never signed up for any continuing service, actually after entering my card information they asked for my social security number I got nervous and exited the site. So I have never received any type of credit reporting from the company. Now they are charging me $19.95 for monthly checks and credit protection that I never signed up for. Upon calling in to cancel they kept the conversation going around in circles for 65 minutes, always asking for my Social Security # and my birth date, which I never gave them. Finally, they agreed to terminate my subscription and refund $19.95 to my account. This is account purely a scam!!!

They have gone and just put a false claim on my credit report. Everything you do now you need a great credit score. They can really wreak your life and don't care. Every time I have called the person doesn't speak English. I can't understand a word they say and when I ask to speak with someone that speaks English they get upset. They can't answer my questions and you get nowhere. This isn't a joke. This being on there when it shouldn't makes it so you can't buy your home or a car. NOTHING. They say they just don't let anyone put anything on your credit report. BULL. These people need to stop playing with people's lives. This is very important and they should be getting into trouble. If this doesn't get sorted out I will be calling my lawyer.

My social security number was stolen. The thief created an online profile with TransUnion and placed a 90-day fraud alert on my account. They changed my address, telephone, and email to theirs. Potential creditors saw the alert and then called the fraudulent phone number, and verified the applications for credit with the thief.

I find out something is going on and called TransUnion. They tell me about the 90-day alert on my file and the online profile created using my ID. I tell them this is fraudulent and they tell me they'll place a "freeze" on my account using a 6-digit PIN to unlock. Supposedly, only I can make changes to my account or unfreeze, but ONLY if I have the PIN number.

I called back one week later and find out that "someone" called the day after I put the freeze into effect, and the freeze was lifted. I asked "How was this done without the super secret PIN?" The fraudster told them they didn't have the PIN (the one that was placed the day before) and the TransUnion India staff proceeded to ask them identity questions. That's all they had to do was answer the questions. Easy to do when you have already had access to the online profile with contains all your personal data. Oh, yeah, and the fraudster also requested a free credit report be sent to them at their address in ANOTHER STATE, which TransUnion happily complied with. Nice to know they are protecting my personal data.

These people operate their business in the worst possible way. I needed their report just once to sign a lease so I did. They don't make it clear on how to stop this service. I have been charged 16 dollars every month and wondering why until I realized it was from them. The problem is not that they make it very hush hush about cancelling the service, it's that they make it so difficult to get out of it. You can't find it anywhere on the website, have to stay in the line for hours and then I've heard stories of people whose service wasn't even cancelled after calling. This should be illegal. It's not moral. It's nasty business. I am never coming near that company again and just in case I am cancelling this credit card to make sure I don't get charged for this crap ever again.

Compare Credit Report Sites