TransUnion

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

First, you have to understand, 'credit lock' is a TransUnion product they charge for - and that they have manipulated their website to steer you away from a 'security freeze', which is free. Of course, after the breach/debacle with Equifax, Transunion is ready to pounce in predatory fashion and ONCE AGAIN exploit the consumer's misfortune by ensuring you are NOT ABLE to get a security freeze (one again, your right to completely free security).

They have completely blocked EVERYONE's ability to complete a security freeze online, a process that takes seconds to complete. At the end of this process you will receive a message to contact them via phone. Once you call, you will guided through the security prompts and in the end, you will be informed they are (once again) unable to process your request and you will need to talk to a representative... After which you will transferred to a busy signal.

*** Remember, if you can't place the security freeze you are completely entitled to, your only option to protect yourself is to purchase TransUnion's Credit Lock product... Funny how that works. FYI, ignore the mis-information ALL of the bureaus/CRAs are promoting on a Security Freeze. They are easy to do. AND - you can apply for credit at any time - just be ready to provide your pin to the creditor. It's that simple! Next, rinse and repeat, over and over again. I have literally attempted to get this done dozens of times over the 4 days since the Equifax debacle was initially reported. Way to go TransUnion! Another clear cut example of the corruption that exists not only with your relationship to the financial institutions, but as an individual corporation with WAY TOO MUCH power. "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I went to TransUnion to receive a free credit report. The website directed me to create an account to login. It asked for information such as email, credit card number, etc. I assumed the report was still free as advertised and that the information was in case I found something on my report that I wanted to dispute. It's not free. It's $19.95 a month. I canceled the membership as soon as I noticed it on my credit card. The TransUnion website does have link to annualcreditreport.com where you really can get a free credit report. However, on the same page there's a link to redirect people to open an account and subscription rather than actually providing a free credit report. This is confusing at best and deceiving at worst. I would suggest going through annualcreditreport.com directly rather than TransUnion.

Transunion (YOU) electronically received a request from a third party (individual) for my credit information. Transunion sent me (Subject of Credit Report and Payor) an electronic request to log into the Transunion website. Transunion electronically authenticated and verified my identity via it's website, "www.MySmartMove.com". Transunion electronically requested my credit card payment in exchange for credit report. Transunion electronically accepted my payment via the Transunion MySmartMove website. Transunion electronically determined the validity/ authorization of my payment. Transunion electronically notifies Consumer after transaction is complete that it provides NO RECEIPT to the Consumer for the payment they have already made.

Transunion, allegedly, electronically determined the individual third party's identity requesting my "private and sensitive" credit information as worthy to receive it. Transunion electronically approved the validity of this individual's request and acted upon it. Transunion electronically approved of, and carried out, the transmission of my "private and sensitive" credit profile coming from an electronic request from an individual with no pre-existing account. Transunion delivered my 'private and sensitive' credit profile to the other party's email address immediately.

At no time during the receiving of this request, aiding in this request, encouraging and promoting of this request (and those of similar nature) for profit, pulling, gathering, assimilating, validating, accepting payment for, and /or transmission of my 'private and sensitive' credit information, did Transunion demand ANY physical verification from this private individual, nor from myself. Yet Transunion is now demanding physical proof from me in order to learn what they have reported about me.

Their email tells me they NOW require the following from me: Physical copy of my state identification card. Physical copy of my social security card. Name, address, phone number, date of birth – ALL information I have already provided and Transunion approved, without ANY physical verification whatsoever, as sufficient to permit someone else to view my credit profile, at my expense. And to add insult to injury, Transunion penalizes the Consumer with a 30+ day waiting period for the same information they transmitted via email to an individual, of whom they have NO physical proof of identity, after the CONSUMER has paid for the report they deny them access to! When you are applying for a house, you don't have 30+ days to find out what WRONG INFORMATION they provided. The Consumer could wind up homeless in that time.

Transunion refuses to electronically provide me, the subject of its credit report, with the same exact information it electronically transmitted a mere 48-hours ago to a complete stranger after charging me $35.00. Transunion say in response to my confused query when I cannot find my access to said report: "THE REPORTS WILL BE MAILED VIA US MAIL DUE TO THE "SENSITIVITY" OF THE REPORTS WITHIN 30 CALENDAR DAYS OF OUR RECEIPT OF YOUR REQUEST AND VALIDATION OF YOUR IDENTITY." [emphasis mine]

Yet... Transunion 'validated my identity' electronically in 2 -3 minutes online when Transunion PROFITED from doing do. Transunion then transmitted my same 'private and sensitive' information to a complete stranger in under 10 minutes - with NO PHYSICAL PROOF WHATSOEVER, who was not a company or even affiliated with any company and did not have a pre-existing account with Transunion. Transunion is impeding even the possibility of the Consumer defending themselves against mis-information provided by them in their flawed reporting either purposely, negligently, accidentally or otherwise.

Transunion’s “Anti-Consumer-For-Profit-Policies,” deny the Consumer, the Subject and the Purchaser of the report the right or any ability to dispute incorrect and negative information provided by Transunion in a timely manner. Transunion's refusal in this matter jeopardizes ALL Consumers using their MySmartMove.com service the ability to acquire necessary housing without undue prejudice, hardship and cost. They deny the Consumer even "the right to know" if Transunion has committed libel (defamation) against them during a critical transaction.

Transunion's avarice is an open and notorious threat against Consumer Safety and Confidence. They operate www.MySmartMove.Com with an obvious intent to harm the public-at-large, without conscience, while profiting from that same avarice for as long as they can get away with it. To begin with, I am filing a Complaint with CFPB and my state Attorney General. They are manipulating Consumer Protection Laws to gain an unfair advantage and grossly misusing their role as a Consumer Credit Reporting Bureau.

Transunion is a for-profit company yet reliant upon public trust and governmental oversight. By directly profiting from their abuse of the Consumer's Right and NEED to know, their disingenuous machinations risk disastrous consequences for unwitting individuals, groups and families alike who are dependent upon proper and correct reporting by this company for life sustaining necessities, i.e. housing.

The real estate clause, "Time is of the essence," is essential to the fair and equitable outcome of any proposed real estate transaction. Transunion short circuiting the rules for their own profit; aggressively and unfairly penalizes the Consumer. Here in Washington State, that clause is implied in every real estate transaction. Yet Transunion denies the Consumer paying for the report any chance of fair or equitable outcome or even an opportunity to deny negative mis-information provided by Transunion regarding the Subject and Payor of the report. Transunion is acting in Bad Faith towards the public. This harmful service and website should be served a "Cease and Desist Order," shut down and made to refund all Consumer monies it has collected in BAD FAITH, immediately.

P.S. After the credit application, they advertised credit monitoring and 'Get Your Score' for $1.00. I thought that was a good deal. I saw my report and all of the inaccuracies including that it was missing my address from the last SIX YEARS, which is kind of important to a potential landlord. My score was good, but that is beside the point of the incorrect and important information they were providing about me that was UNTRUE. Anyhow, they informed me via email after I paid that they do NOT provide Consumers with a receipt for their purchase and that I was supposedly offer a chance to print one - which I was not. Then the next email informed me that the $1.00 service I signed up for was only for 7 days and that I would be charged $19.95 per month! Incredibly horrible ethics by Transunion.

I was on Credit Karma and noticed my score dropped by a point. I called TransUnion to find out why and they told me the score they had was not the same. I asked what they showed and they told me I had to pay for it. I went to the TransUnion site to pay a one time fee of 9.95 and it started asking too much info for me to transmit over the internet AFTER I gave my credit card info. So I let it go. Then my discover card showed a 19.95 RECURRING fee from TransUnion a few days later. This is out and out FRAUD! I clicked on the ONE TIME CHARGE and the system put me in recurring payments without my authorization.

Having worked as a fraud agent for a bank I know recurring charges can be impossible to get rid of, in many cases, unless the company cooperates. I called TU, mad as a hornet, and threatened to call the FTC if they did not correct this. I think I still will, because TransUnion is suppose to be the pinnacle of integrity. Even more than banks. Charging that kind of money to find out your credit score is obscene. I am sure they are making millions off it though.

I have a score of 612 on Transunion. And a score of 702 on Equifax. So I called TransUnion to dispute this and have them update this inaccuracy and they said that is not what they have as a credit score for me on file... But they will Not fix the problem with my credit score. They want me to pay $9. Dollars and change for them to send me a report through the mail... What kind of a Fraud is that??? They should fix the wrong information they are reporting and simply update the wrongly reported info. Not try to rip me off to fix the error on their behalf...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransUnion?

After receiving my credit score, I was told that I would pay nothing now, and later if I decided to keep their services, I would be charged $19.95. I cancelled on the very first day after receiving my score. Well, lo and behold a week later my account was charged the $19.95 fee. So, I decided to call TransUnion and talk to a customer rep. I got nothing but a runaround and she stated that according to her records I cancelled on the very day I was calling her! I could see that I had no chance of getting my money back so I just told her thanks for the lies and the rip off!

I use Credit Karma to monitor my credit. I started with very poor credit and eventually brought my scores up to the good to very good range. My combined actress are at 750 when I purchased a car. I was pretty happy with that until I was until I purchased a car. After that my TransUnion score went 60 points lower. They also reported that I had a card closed that wasn't closed. My other two scores have stayed the same or gone up. I have written a letter to them about the closed account that's not closed and stated that my score has dropped exponentially. Of course there's really no one you can speak to about this and there's no explanation.

Now I need a loan to pay down credit card and it is very difficult for me to get one because for some stupid reason every lender wants to use Transunion. I feel that it is incredibly unfair that we have no say in our credit or our scores or why they are what they are. When it's great, it's great and there's no issue. But I would love an explanation as to why my score has dropped to the point it has. I'd probably not make this a big deal, if it wasn't just Transunion. I have some hard inquiries and one delinquent account for $1200. That's it, no late payments, cards and car loan in good standing. Clearly I am not the only one with this issue. Transunion needs to change their ways! How can I succeed when they won't give me a chance? Your credit scores are supposed to help you move forward, not hurt you for me reason!

I saw a negative mark on my credit score with a company who is trying to collect the wrong amount. I've tried to dispute it multiple times now, but TransUnion doesn't even look into it. They just close the dispute right away without solving anything. The other credit company actually looked into it and removed it from my account, but TransUnion doesn't seem to care about fixing things that need to be fixed.

TransUnion offers monthly monitoring on their website with “UNLIMITED updates to your TransUnion Credit Report and Score”. That is a direct quote from their site - caps and all. The monthly fee is $19.95. The unlimited report updates appealed to me. I can be a bit OCD at times and I liked the idea of having up to the minute data at my fingertips. The price tag of $19.95 per month didn't sound all that unreasonable considering I was going to get “UNLIMITED updates to your TransUnion Credit Report and Score”.

Before I pulled out my credit card I figured I should read a review or two. I found what I was looking for on a site called moneyunder30. The review had all the information I was looking for, but with an added bonus. If you use the link from the article you can get all of the unlimited refreshes for just $9.95 per month. Yep - it's the exact same TU service for half the price. I decide to go for it since it's only $9.95 and the TU site indicates I won't be charged until after my free trial. Another direct quote - "You may cancel your subscription at any time during the trial period without charge." What have I got to lose, right? Well the answer to that question is $9.95 plus tax.

Within 47 seconds of my subscription membership that includes my unlimited refreshes I discovered that TransUnion is a big, fat liar. You will not get unlimited refreshes of your credit report. You will get a daily refresh. "Your TransUnion Credit Report and Comparison Report are available for refresh once every 24 hour period." I shouldn't have to explain to a huge company like TransUnion that there is technically a difference between daily and unlimited. I mean, they are trusted with very sensitive information. Information that if not accurate and very particular could have an enormous negative impact on our lives.

Be afraid, folks. Very afraid. Because I did have to try and explain the difference between the product I subscribed to and the service they delivered. You might be wondering why I even bothered trying to call and explain. Why not just cancel online? The option is there and I was well within the trial period. Turns out the trial period must only last 11 minutes because that is about how long it took for TransUnion to charge my card for the first month.

If you find a need to call TransUnion, do yourself a favor and take a sedative first. The representative I spoke with genuinely did not have a clue about the product I was attempting to cancel or the information in my account. Eventually he assured me the subscription was canceled and a refund had been initiated. I'm not going to hold my breath.

If you are considering paying $9.95 or $19.95 for daily report refreshes from TransUnion - don't. Just go to TrueIdentity. It's part of TransUnion and they give you the daily report refreshes for free. Seriously, like no credit card required free. The exact same report in the exact same format provided by the exact same company. One last thing, please don't ever pay TransUnion for your credit score. It's not a FICO score, it's a Vantage score. Knowing your Vantage score isn't going to help you. I'm pretty sure they just have an intern spinning a Wheel of Fortune style board and whatever it lands on is your Vantage score.

Back in December, I reported to TransUnion that my Social Security had possibly been jeopardized and also froze a credit card from my credit union. They were polite, helpful, suggestive and so I opted to continue credit monitoring once the 2 free months ran out. Recently, I received a mail that their mail was being returned and to call and update my address. I struggled with the questions, but influenced them to just update my current address and advised them I wasn't requesting any information at all. The lady tells me they never got a payment method, but continued my service for March, April, May, June and July... wanting payment for 5 months and to update a payment source. Okay... that's fine. Out of 3 dozen letters or so, not one pertained to owing money or having a debt.

That's not even the issue, though. I call today with a simple question, "Is this account holder services number that has been calling me legitimate or know scammers?" After 20 seconds of silence, this lady, barely speaking English, tells me I have to answer questions before I can have a credit score or report. I tell her, "Okay, but I don't need any of that. Go ahead with the questions." After 30 more seconds of silence she asks, "What is a previous address" and "Who is a previous employer?" This is after I confirm my member ID, SS#, date of birth, email address, phone number and current place of residence. I'm 34. I've lived a few places. No lie, I ran through every single address since I was 11 years old. I gave the names to every place of previous employment. 60 seconds of silence, then, "What was a previous address?" "Tell me where you're currently employed."

Politely, I mentioned that I've been self employed for years, but have tax records and tax ID number. I just have no business name. I don't run a business. I flip houses. She tells me, "I can't give you a credit score or credit report without previous address." Again, "Ma'am, I do not want those. I know my score. I get letters from you every time there's a credit report change. I don't need a report, or any account related information at all." So after another very long and awkward pause, I mention a date I had just submitted a payment for the last 5 months, and the exact dollar amount. I answer all questions about this payment, what bank it was from, the card type... everything. SHE ASKS ME FOR MY CARD NUMBER.

I tell her I don't feel comfortable giving that to her considering that odds are I will never, in my life, gain access to the account first off... and secondly that it's a strange thing to ask someone to give when "security" seems to be impenetrable selling point in the first place. I ask her, "Theoretically, and nothing to do with my account, say I am calling because I'm interested in knowing the benefit from this extra credit monitoring." She tells me, "A free annual credit report and credit score." "Well obviously I'm notified of changes as well. Also quite obvious, my credit report would contain my credit score, would it not? Something everyone is entitled to a free copy of not only yearly, but also each time an inquiry is done. At this point, I am only interested in discontinuing this service and preventing any more monthly charges from occurring."

Her response after a minute goes by and I check to confirm she's still actually on the line? You guessed it. "Without the correct answers to the questions, I cannot discuss your account with you or make any changes." So long story short... not only am I paying for an essentially free service that I have absolutely no access to, I am stuck paying 10 bucks a month to TransUnion and, if I were to stop payments through my financial institution, they would continue to provide this completely useless service and proceed to accumulate a debt for who knows how long? I feel scammed by the very people I turned to with the sole purpose of preventing others from scamming me. Not only that, but apparently by default you agree to marketing and having information solicited unless you uncheck a box on a website that you can't get access to anyways. It's crooked, scandalous and seems to have become the standard practice these days.

Last month, I received an email notification from my credit monitoring app (which is not TransUnion) that there was a big change to my credit score. When I logged in, I discovered my Transunion credit score had dropped 57 points in one day. My payment history was at 100% for the previous 18 months (which was is far back as the system monitors) and there were no derogatory remarks. My Equifax and Experian credit scores had remained the same, only my TransUnion scored had taken this drastic and unexpected dive.

I called TransUnion to try and get to the bottom of the issue, and after an hour and a half of struggling to understand the representatives with whom I was speaking, it was revealed that my TransUnion credit had dropped due to an old light bill that I had paid off in 2011. The account had been paid off and closed for SIX YEARS and Transunion just now decided to drop my credit score almost 60 pts- essentially dropping my credit score a second time in a form of double jeopardy- because of a $300.00 light bill that had long since been resolved?? I had asked the representatives why was my score being negatively impacted again if my score had already suffered from the initial time of delinquency and had since been resolved? They responded that TransUnion has the right to report this information for 7 years.

So basically, it appears that TransUnion noticed my consistency in repairing and maintaining my credit score over the past several years and decided to dredge up an old piece of negative information just to sock it to me one last time before it expires in a few months. That's the only explanation. This old, closed account is on the brink of extinction from my credit report and TransUnion dug it up in order to drop my score 57 pts in one day. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, I declined TransUnion's credit monitoring service - which the representatives kept trying to push on me. I explicitly stated I would never purchase any service from Transunion after this experience, and TransUnion would never receive a dime from me. Well... I checked my online bank statement today and there it was... a $19.95 recurring charge from TransUnion for a credit monitoring service...

I called them up and was more than livid. I demanded my money back; which they promised to refund in 5-7 business days. But here's the weird and unsettling part: I never gave Transunion my card information for them to charge me in the first place AND the card they used was a newly issued card that I just received a little over a week ago, several weeks AFTER I had called them. How did they get access to my new card info without my permission??? I'm seriously thinking of getting a lawyer to help me investigate this further. There's definitely something seriously wrong with TransUnion's practices.

Customer service sucks. I have filed disputes about my reports and scores and nobody will tell me why my score went down. They keep telling me to pay more fees to get more reports, but when reports don't say anything and my score still went down, they have no answers.

I am stuck not being able to do anything with TransUnion. I have now spoken to four agents about my identity's theft, two of whom I could hardly understand even when I asked them to speak slowly and clearly. Each asked me a series of security questions to confirm my identity. Each got to the fourth question, which I could not answer "correctly." None of the answers had anything to do with me; rather, it appeared to be based on information related to the identity thief... Stymied, I was then read the same script by each of them, telling me to obtain my TransUnion credit report and then call back. I said, "It's in my hand and I still have no idea about this question! It's about the criminal's activity!" Each of them then read me the exact same speech again and would not help me any further...

For some reason the first agent had put an Armed Services freeze on further credit activity. It's an extended freeze available to military personnel only. I am not in the military, never have been. The other agents would not change that freeze unless I answered the mystery question correctly. I insisted again it was "none of the above." They remained immovable -- "Obtain your credit report." Good grief... So I altered course and tried to use their online dispute module. It wouldn't allow me to enter any more info than name and address, saying I had already begun the dispute by a different method. Yep, via phone, which of course was blocking me... It is truly nightmarish trying to work with TransUnion. It's so bad it seems as if they're staging a parody of the worst kind of customer service hell. Oh, by the way, I don't feel at all comfortable telling a subcontractor employee in a third world country my social security number, but they give you no choice.

TransUnion is unbelievable!! They report fraudulent information about my credit score to my credit cards, and when I call I can't get anywhere with my problem! Nobody in Customer Service is capable of anything other than trying to get me to pay (!!!) for information about my credit score, and they are lying through their teeth every step of the conversation. There has to be the way to hold them responsible for damages they put on Americans. I am looking for a Group Legal Action against them. If anyone is aware of such action, please let me know so I could join!!! I cannot believe some scumbags can do this on American ground, and our Government does absolutely nothing to protect its citizens!

The other reviews were spot on. Automated Phone System doesn't work. Humans do not speak legible English. Any questions are answered with a selection from a response card. There is very little effective effort to help. My problem was I needed to un-freeze MY CREDIT INFORMATION for a mortgage (several yrs ago my brokerage house was hacked, they suggested that their customers freeze info at the three major agencies, which I did). Since the time of the freeze I had a fire - I could not supply a PIN#, both Equifax and Experian asked me some personal to establish my ID over the phone. NO PROBLEM! Now for Transconfusion.

I spent almost four hours climbing supervision ladder with the same stock answers until a reached a person who claimed to be in management. I was told to FAX Picture ID, current address, last four digits of SS#, DOB, a cover letter, reason for request. I was told it would take 6-8 days after the rec of FAX. The FAX# I was given was a phone#. I spent another 20 mins finding their (secret FAX#). There has to a governing body to deal with this. Consumers don't make a choice to deal with these people.

I needed my credit report, but they sign you up automatically for their credit monitoring report which charges you 17 each month. I had no idea until they sent me an email. Due to a pre-paid visa I used, they could not receive payment. Anyway, I called them immediately only to be told to call back in 15 mins because of their system updates. I called back again and was told the same. I waited till today, called again and was told AGAIN about system updates. At this point I am getting pretty irate and hung up on Andy. I called back in 15 mins to be told by another person, Mina, to call back again. I lost my ** and said the next call if I get told this again, I will need to speak to their supervisor or whoever is in charge. Don't do business with these scumbags. This is probably their ploy to keep charging you by telling you to call back in 15 mins - so you might forget to call them back.

We are supposed to get free annual credit reports from the 3 credit reporting agencies. I got back the first 2 reports, but instead of the report, I got a letter from TransUnion. It stated that I could fill out another form, or I could log into their website. Well, I logged into their website, got my credit report and then got a bill for 'Credit Monitoring'. I called to cancel and they said "Their computers were down". I said to take down my information with paper and pencil. After the run around, they said that they cancelled the credit monitoring service. I don't get it? Is TransUnion just another scam? Aren't they supposed to be affiliated with the government?

I am applying for a mortgage and had to remove disputes that I had initiated recently and their notes from my file. You would think this an easy thing. It was with Experian and Equifax, they were kind, understanding, and quick to respond. All I got from TransUnion was, "We cannot do that." "We cannot comment," is their other favorite line. Nothing is more frustrating than having absolutely nothing you called about being taken care of. They can't tell you it's against the law or other companies wouldn't do it. It is just their lack of concern, care and inability to do their job that keeps them from doing it.

The other problem is when you ask questions, including explaining services. The standard "we cannot comment" kicks in. That is if you are lucky enough to understand them. They have no one who speaks English. Half the time I struggle to understand them, the other half to hear them over the conversations in the background. How can they not have one office in this country with one "real" Steve or Jane, who speaks English. For goodness sake, we are not stupid TransUnion! Calling themselves English names makes it seem like you are trying to pull one over on the English-speaking customer, which you are! I will cancel my subscription as soon as I am through with this mortgage process and let LifeLock deal with you in the future. If it had not been a last minute thing and I were desperate, OOOHHH! Get another service and avoid these people at all costs!

I am trying to remove a Freeze for my minor daughter. Experian and Equifax were amazing to work with. They resolved my problem the same day and provided prompt follow up contact. TransUnion however has been horrible! I had to spend over two hours trying to reach someone on the phone to figure out how to submit a request (I was not able to do it online because my daughter is a minor). I ended up speaking to 7 people to get the correct fax number to send my request. I was given two wrong fax numbers, then once I insisted on talking to the supervisor's supervisor, I was given a correct fax number (at least I think). I asked all 7 people for a direct number to call to follow up on my request and no one would give me a number to call or offer a callback.

I finally asked to be transferred to a third supervisor - the phone rang and then disconnected! I still have no idea if they received my fax. I have never dealt with a company that has such poor customer service! I think they go out of their way to make it very hard to actually reach anyone there! If you can, please avoid this company at all cost. I would recommend Experian or Equifax!

I am a paying member on their site, my credit score listed is 782 , they say that based on my score they have matched me up with credit cards, so I look and they matched me to "secured cards" and subprime banks who offer $300 credit lines, my credit cards have credit lines of $5,000 and one as high as $25,000 so they match me up to $300 cards??? Amazing, this is what I am paying for each month? they must get a giant kickback when they land a sale like this but it is very unfair to the consumers.

I called to ask about disputing something on my credit report. The guy I get has an accent but I don't want to assume he is overseas. (We do have foreigners here, after all.) I verify my personal information (including my WHOLE SSN and ask him where he is. He says "India". I am scared some fraud will take place as I've heard of many customers having fraud and other problems with outsourced jobs.

First, I live in the U.S. and would like to speak with a representative in the U.S. (NOT THE PHILIPPINES; THESE PEOPLE DO NOT SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH). Shame on you, TransUnion for outsourcing American jobs. Secondly, I have spoken and written these people numerous times about a Federal Tax Lien that appears on my bureau. The lien was reported "after" the fact. I mailed the release from the court. The court will not provide any other documents other than the release indicating the debt was satisfied. It's been 8 years and now I'm being told it will remain on file until 2019. These people are ruthless. The lien does not appear on Equifax or Experian (just TU). I explained this, but they really don't give a crap. I had a membership where I was paying a monthly fee of $19.95. Cancelled the membership. TransUnion can kiss my butt. I have the power to remove the negative item, but refuse to do so. I HATE YOU, TRANSUNION.

I have paid 100% debt every month. I have never owed even one cent. How come I am controlled & evaluated by this stupid company. WHAT THE PROBLEM'S if I spend more on the card, and I owe high amount, but I have ability to pay back 100%. Please use your small brain, think about it and try to make sense.

Transunion is reporting COMPLETELY INACCURATE INFORMATION on me... My credit cards are almost paid off in full as a result of my working tirelessly to do so. And yet they are reporting information from months and even YEARS ago. I am going public with this today. I am a known artist and very influential person. Just google me. Transunion is breaking fair credit laws as well as audacity laws. And they are damaging me. Their scripted and rude, outsourced phone representatives are ineffectual. I have spoken to the top class action attorney in the country, and not only do I have a STRONG CASE, but apparently there are THOUSANDS of consumers experiencing the SAME ISSUES. They are literally destroying lives.

My bank suggested I check my credit score on TransUnion. I had trouble on website so I called customer service. This was a complete waste of 30 minutes! I was bounced back and forth between two people. All they said is "I can't help you. Let me transfer you to someone else". Which in turn said the same thing and transferred me back! I ended up getting my credit score from some other website! Save yourself the aggravation and use another website!!!

Unlike the other 2 credit report agencies, Transunion "can't verify" my personal information. I spent over an hour on the automated phone line to request my credit report, but they "can't verify" my information. They gave me a PO box in Atlanta that I should send a written request to. I sent that request THREE TIMES, with no response.

I removed a freeze from my credit report and it was to be done in 48 hours maximum. That time has long passed and I can't get a live person on the phone to even discuss. No one has a supervisor or a name they are actually willing to give. I've been disconnected and on hold for about 4 hours already. I would never recommend a security freeze with TransUnion or really even having a creditor use TransUnion if credit is needed.

The fact that TransUnion and Equifax for that matter are allowed to remain in business is criminal. Last year I applied for a credit card and was denied based on TransUnion's reporting of my credit. When I investigated by paying for their "service" if you can call it that. There were several inaccuracies that I had to deal with. Fast forward to 2 days ago when I am making preparations to attempt to get the same credit card so I can switch banks. Equifax reports me as being in the excellent range where TransUnion has me in fair bordering on poor.

Again I find inaccuracies in my account. Not only that but my credit score dropped 12 points since last year. There is no reason for that as I have not taken on any new debt, don't have any debt, sorted out the inaccuracies they caused, closed a line of credit, and continued to use my credit card like normal for just about everything. Also both company's customer services representatives are rude, barely speak English, have no ability to explain or do anything and are obviously far away as the connection is very poor.

I went onto AnnualCreditReport.com to get my first annual credit reports from the 3 bureaus and got charged $20 per month from one of them - TransUnion, by simply giving them my credit card information. This is a scam that shouldn't be permitted! I hope this company stops auto-signing people up to their services because I never wanted their services for anything but free, which is why I went on to AnnualCreditReport.com to get my FREE credit reports. Nothing was charged by the other two, and based on all the other reviews, I know that it isn't just me. The problem apparently is that I had to give them my credit card information - don't trust them with your credit card info.

I got transferred NINE TIMES!!! I had to stop the last person from transferring me. Every single teller I spoke to is useless. They made me repeat the same thing over and over, and they would transfer me. EQUIFAX helped me within 10 minutes while TRANSUNION made me waste 45 minutes. And, I am sorry but it was really hard to understand some of the workers as their accents were pretty strong.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

TransUnion is a global risk information solutions company. The company is committed to providing the most complete and multidimensional credit information. TransUnion works with businesses and consumers in 33 countries. They have been in business for over 40 years and partner with TrueCredit.com to help millions of customers improve their credit.

• Free trial: Customers receive a free credit score and $1 credit report along with a free seven-day trial.
  • Credit protection: TransUnion Credit Lock freezes access to the consumer’s credit report, preventing others from access until the consumer unlocks it. This keeps criminals from gaining access to the consumer’s credit report.
  • Instant alerts: When lenders request access to the consumer’s credit, the customer receives an instant email alert about changes that could negatively affect his or her credit.
  • Education: TransUnion provides assistance disputing incorrect credit report items. Additional articles about important credit-related topics are found on the website.
  • Credit report assistance: TransUnion offers products and services to help the consumer in the following categories: access to free annual credit report, credit report disputes, credit freezes, credit disclosures, fraud alerts and fraud victim resources.
  • Credit and debt analysis: Credit and debt analysis tools help guide members toward smarter credit decisions.
  • Trusted: TransUnion is highly regarded and one of the three main credit bureaus.
  • Monitoring: TransUnion monitors customers' accounts on all three credit bureaus to alert consumers to suspicious credit activity.
  • Partnerships: TransUnion partners with banks, healthcare providers, property managers and others to best serve their customers.
  • Business services: TransUnion offers extensive products and services to serve the business community.
  • Best for Victims of identity theft, consumers who have a major upcoming financial decision and consumers who need credit monitoring.

Compare Credit Report Sites