Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.03/5

781 TransUnion Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I was signing up for an account last night and I thought everything went fine. I added my credit card thinking it was a way to confirm my identity or something but later found out it was to charge it for a premium account... Called customer service and got it refunded but the representative simply told me that if I would have read the terms and conditions I would have seen that they were going to charge my card. Shady business practice and not someone I will ever be working with in the future. On a side note- It may have said they were charging my card on the webpage but it simply was not obvious like most every other company that is reputable and that is why it was so aggravating and annoying.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have dealt with TransUnion over a decade. Every time a creditor uses them to review my information I get denied. What is up with this? If Experian or Equifax is the creditor I get a better chance of being of approved. Lot's of people are complaining about this company. I am going to write Senator Schumer or the President and voice my complaint! My FICO score dropped 32 points by them. I have paid my two accounts on time. I have no late fees and I am not over the limit. So why are they lowering my score and constantly denying me credit?

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

TransUnion dropped my credit score and nothing changed on my credit report. In fact it improved. What is up with this company? I don't see how they can get away with this crap. Trying to rebuild my credit and they seem to want to keep it low.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

TransUnion should not be part of big three to track credit scores. Their customer service is horrible, and their website doesn't even work. I am trying to remove a hard inquiry that I did not authorized. First they won't investigate until I submit my request online. Second they don't take requests by phone. It has to be online. Come to find out, the website has been down for two days and they still won't take my request by phone. TransUnion is horrible. Someone please fix them or remove them as a verifiable source. They are don't do any investigation and they don't provide any support. They can't even verify who ran a credit check, they tell me to find out. HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

TransUnion account creation is very borderline scam. They mix ID verification info with billing info looking like card number is asked only for ID verification. I tried only create free account for locking/unlocking credit but ended up being billed for monthly subscription. Not only that, they make canceling subscription very difficult, you have to call by phone, and once they hang up so had to queue and call again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransUnion?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Careful everyone with TransUnion Credit reporting. When you sign up online they ask for a credit card number with their free credit report. They immediately sign you up for their $24.95 credit monitoring service without telling you until they charge you and send you an email. Tried to reverse this charge and waited on hold today for 1 hour and 20 minutes without out anyone answering. Estimated wait time was 5 minutes. I cancelled the monitoring service within 24 hours and still was charged for 1 month. No choice on the website. Use Credit Karma!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I was forced to deal with TransUnion Credit Bureau, because of the Wells Fargo data breach. So I try to go back online to unfreeze my account, with the proper account information, they say that they are unable to to "verify my identity", call them up, talk to support, which you cannot understand because it's across the world somewhere, they want so much information that it's not funny, have to have a credit report to answer the questions - which you should have been able to verify via the login process with just a few verifiable facts! Worst Customer Service. I have ever used!! What gives them the right to have any of my information at all - DO NOT USE THEM - maybe they will go out of business!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

How does this privately owned company have access to my personal information? I have never signed up for their service nor have I ever agreed to their terms of service prior to a recent interaction online as I tried to remove a claim on my credit report. The phone lines are answered by overseas operators who have difficulty communicating in English. And the scary thing for myself is the direct result of TransUnion's derogatory remarks on my credit score. SCAM.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

In the process of getting a credit report you may be asked to provide a credit card #. They fail to tell you or email any confirmation that you're signing up for "membership" that is billed to that card on a monthly basis. For me it was 21.15 per 2 months (I got it canceled). There is a phone # on my card billing statement for TransUnion. They were willing to cancel but CLEARLY REFUSED TO REFUND MY CARD. Having a good and long history with my Card Company CITI, they are going to have the charges refunded and it's going to the Dispute Dept. I can only imagine that Dept saying to each other: "oh, here is another from TransUnion."

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

If you make an account, and get a one-time credit report, you will be AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in a monthly $10 subscription to TransUnion. I come from a low-income household and I needed a credit report so I could move my family into a smaller space. These fees pile up and I was paying money to various credit score companies just to get through the Application process. TransUnion -- the slumlord of the Internet -- took it a step further. They covertly charged me monthly payments for five months. Benefits included: having an account, knowing my credit score, paying $50. Shame on you TransUnion, SHAME ON YOU!

TransUnion expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TransUnion is a global risk information solutions company. The company is committed to providing the most complete and multidimensional credit information. TransUnion works with businesses and consumers in 33 countries. They have been in business for over 40 years and partner with TrueCredit.com to help millions of customers improve their credit.

• Free trial: Customers receive a free credit score and $1 credit report along with a free seven-day trial.

• Credit protection: TransUnion Credit Lock freezes access to the consumer’s credit report, preventing others from access until the consumer unlocks it. This keeps criminals from gaining access to the consumer’s credit report.

• Instant alerts: When lenders request access to the consumer’s credit, the customer receives an instant email alert about changes that could negatively affect his or her credit.

• Education: TransUnion provides assistance disputing incorrect credit report items. Additional articles about important credit-related topics are found on the website.

• Credit report assistance: TransUnion offers products and services to help the consumer in the following categories: access to free annual credit report, credit report disputes, credit freezes, credit disclosures, fraud alerts and fraud victim resources.

• Credit and debt analysis: Credit and debt analysis tools help guide members toward smarter credit decisions.

• Trusted: TransUnion is highly regarded and one of the three main credit bureaus.

• Monitoring: TransUnion monitors customers' accounts on all three credit bureaus to alert consumers to suspicious credit activity.

• Partnerships: TransUnion partners with banks, healthcare providers, property managers and others to best serve their customers.

• Business services: TransUnion offers extensive products and services to serve the business community.

• Best for: Victims of identity theft, consumers who have a major upcoming financial decision and consumers who need credit monitoring.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg