2. Finance
  3. Credit Report Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.58/5

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

TransUnion Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

TransUnion are nothing but liars. The just play games. Very unprofessional. They tell me I have never had a credit history with them when my score was 606 and went down to 0. They need to be shut down because they ruin people credit. They should be investigated for the crimes they commit.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

This credit reporting agency is inaccurate, tight with any increase in points and doesn't stay up to date with factual information. My score is always lower with them than the other agencies and the information is the same. I have grown to despise them and wanted to let others know of my experience. Don't let them upset you. Just tell everyone what a terrible agency they are and watch their scores go down!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Transunion allowed someone else to use my SSN to set up a member account using my SSN. That person then in turn, opened a CC using my SSN. Now I can’t open up a me, bed account using MY OWN INFO. How are they supposed to help protect my identity and credit if they don’t do their own fact checking.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have been in contact with TransUnion for months and every time I speak with them they are always stating they are going to fix it. But after a short period of time everything is still the same. I don’t understand how the government keep allowing a company like this to keep doing the same thing over and over and nothing happens. I get when something happens to them then they will get it. Another complaint that will go nowhere.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

TransUnion is at least 2 months behind the other 2 bureaus on reporting credit card balances. Pathetic company. They really should get up to par with the other reporting agencies. The information is obviously there they just take their sweet time about reporting it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransUnion?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I agree with all the other terrible reviews. How they are in business in the US is unbelievable. I've called several times needing a U.S. Rep...they say they are here yet they are NOT in the US. No one can understand their "English". First lie. Next, they included a fraudulent baseless collection agency on my perfect report with no accountability. The other agencies tossed it without even a question-knowing it was a scam. My score is over 800..I have no issues and don't need any more credit. My attorney advised not to give them any information...TransUnion is not to be trusted. So this is a warning, use the other agencies. Stay away from Transunion. Hope this helps.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I called them to find out why my score drop from 601 in December to 0 in January. All you can talk to is people from a different country even though they say they are open from 8 to 5 Saturday and Sunday. I talked to one gentleman that was very helpful and he told me the only time a credit score drops like that is if one of your creditors reports you dead. Now I have tried to talk to their consumer relations department but like I said the Filipinos will not transfer you to anyone in this country to get any information on the cause of the problem.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

By law, TransUnion has to provide a free credit report each year upon request. Their telephone line, set up to do so, rejected me without allowing me to input the first piece of information. I tried three times, with the same lack of success. I then phoned their "customer service" line but was only put on hold.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Transunion decreased my score by 95 points literally overnight. I do not have any credit inquiries or new collections. In fact, I had several accounts deleted from my credit reports and my credit increased steadily over the past year. Out of nowhere, only TransUnion has dropped my score by 95 points with no explanation. They insist I pay them in order to find out why. A guy from the company even lied to me saying someone had tried to take out a mortgage in my name. He said he deleted the account. I called back and the supervisor had no record of any mortgage being on my account. Some kind of scam is going on here. I have worked so hard to improve my credit over the past 2 years. There is something odd going on here. Please look into this company. I’m begging for justice here. Please.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Amazed to find out that the Company that deals in the credit reporting of US customers have their Customer Service located outside US and have no representative to talk to in US. How you feel safe sharing your SSN to someone located outside US and can't even speak English. We keep hearing identity threat from thieves located in Central America and Asia, how could you trust a credit reporting agency operating from outside US. This calls for a lawsuit and privacy breach of personal details. Please join hands to sue this company and other credit reporting.

Not sure about TransUnion?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Credit Report Sites for you.

TransUnion expert review by Barbara Friedberg

TransUnion is a global risk information solutions company. The company is committed to providing the most complete and multidimensional credit information. TransUnion works with businesses and consumers in 33 countries. They have been in business for over 40 years and partner with TrueCredit.com to help millions of customers improve their credit.

• Free trial: Customers receive a free credit score and $1 credit report along with a free seven-day trial.

• Credit protection: TransUnion Credit Lock freezes access to the consumer’s credit report, preventing others from access until the consumer unlocks it. This keeps criminals from gaining access to the consumer’s credit report.

• Instant alerts: When lenders request access to the consumer’s credit, the customer receives an instant email alert about changes that could negatively affect his or her credit.

• Education: TransUnion provides assistance disputing incorrect credit report items. Additional articles about important credit-related topics are found on the website.

• Credit report assistance: TransUnion offers products and services to help the consumer in the following categories: access to free annual credit report, credit report disputes, credit freezes, credit disclosures, fraud alerts and fraud victim resources.

• Credit and debt analysis: Credit and debt analysis tools help guide members toward smarter credit decisions.

• Trusted: TransUnion is highly regarded and one of the three main credit bureaus.

• Monitoring: TransUnion monitors customers' accounts on all three credit bureaus to alert consumers to suspicious credit activity.

• Partnerships: TransUnion partners with banks, healthcare providers, property managers and others to best serve their customers.

• Business services: TransUnion offers extensive products and services to serve the business community.

• Best for: Victims of identity theft, consumers who have a major upcoming financial decision and consumers who need credit monitoring.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor