Equifax

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equifax?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equifax?

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Some record are outdated. I want to update it asap but called in 5 times and none of the agent were helpful! Instead either give empty promises or Pushed me to buy their products and say I'll only get faster service if I buy their products. Then even after I bought the service, still did not act on my request! Just awful company and a bunch of liars!

Reviewed June 9, 2024

Equifax, CUSTOMER service reps are very rude. I been calling and disputing online with this Capital One NA that I settled the debt on 4/18/2023. It had been a nightmare. I can't get a mortgage because of this account and the negative comments.

Get buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Online & AppReliability

Reviewed June 4, 2024

It's very unreliable. It's always an issue with the website! It gets pretty annoying how bad the website is messed up. So much looks like they don't care to fix it or even try to. It's just terrible. Wish I could rate it 0.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

They have my name and DOB incorrect and told me to dispute it via online by sending a copy of my drivers license and social security card which I did. They came back stating it was “complete” but still haven’t changed my information! Then they sent me a research request form in the mail asking to send them the same information again. I’m actually going to seek legal advice because this needs to get resolved ASAP. The other credit reporting agencies have fixed it already and have been great to work with. This company is a complete joke!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Absolutely useless and horrific customer service. Impossible to get to a live person, instead you just go around and around with a voice prompt. Any attempts to receive help online are met with "Our server cannot connect. Please call (customer service)".

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Nothing is correct. Absolutely NOTHING. They are 5 years behind, they have no clue what credit cards I have and now another bogus has been added that isn't mine. But it takes an act of Congress to even make contact with the professional LIFE DESTROYERS. I fixed my credit with everybody else but these yahoos. They barely have my name spelled correctly and it's all downhill from there. One idiotic company destroying the masses.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I feel this company purposely removed an account that was still active and in good standing on my credit report to be evil and low down. My credit score was almost at 700, but it was knocked down a massive -40 pts because some idiot “accidentally” removed it and then replaced it back because it was reported accurate by the furnisher. This people are our downfall. I put the almighty GOD on all them for this.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I paid off a old loan reported the payment to Equifax and they deliberately ran a vindictive algorithm against me and reduce my credit from 721 to 6:43 I called to complain and ask why when I paid a closed loan off that I would lose close to 100 points on my credit rating there was no answer. I'm a software engineer. I understand mistakes but this is a vindictive algorithm and they ruin my credit.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Can't dispute an inaccurate report, and they raise to remove it. My other scores are in the 700+ but with Equifax it's all low 600s, tried calling to inquire why this is. The rep was rude, yawning into the mic, interrupting me and refusing to tell me anything, there was also another item on my report I had never seen before and when I tried asking about it the rep refused to tell me any details!!!! On my other reports they have everything correct and have answered, and had been very helpful. I also had issues logging into accounts after switching email addresses, the others were amazing! Equifax not so much, the rep argued with me basically saying there is no reason for me to log in, or see what's reported. There's at least 2-3 inaccuracies on Equifax report, and when I try to go to the dispute center I don't have the option to dispute what I need to, but then have the option to dispute what doesn't need to be disputed.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Equifax does not take their role as a credit reporting agency seriously. I believe this is because there are no repercussions to their terrible practices. Equifax is the only credit reporting agency reporting without evidence a collection to my account even after the collections agency sent them multiple letters letting them know they should delete that item and I do not owe them. I did not know I had a collection listed on my account since equifax did not even have this item on their website until they did a hard inquiry and they reported my credit score as 620 and a collection instead of the 698 they have listed on their website.

When I called them they said all I can do is file a dispute and wait 30 days but by then I would have lost my money. How is it possible that every credit rating agency doesn’t report it except Equifax? As a result of equifax false reporting my collections to my credit I was denied a loan for an item I already put down a down payment on and will now lose almost 10k$.

Equifax author review by Ashley Eneriz

Equifax is one of the three biggest credit bureaus in the United States. They work with over 800 million consumers and 88 million businesses worldwide. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a multifaceted information company.

• Equifax Complete Premier: This subscription product provides three-bureau credit scores, provides alerts about suspicious activities and helps monitor your credit and Social Security number. This product is also available in a family plan.

• Credit reports: Consumers may choose from a credit report from Equifax or a credit report from each of the different credit reporting agencies.

• Fico products: Equifax offers a Credit Score Watch program which monitors the consumers FICO score. Their Score Power program includes a personalized score explanation and score simulator.

• Credit report assistance: Equifax assists consumers in obtaining their free annual credit report and disputing information on a credit report. Additionally, individuals may request a fraud alert and place a security freeze on their report.

• Credit education: The Equifax educational portal informs consumers about credit scores, credit reports, credit monitoring as well as identity theft protection.

• Trusted: Equifax is one of the major credit bureaus and has a highly regarded reputation.

by Ashley Eneriz Deputy Editor, Personal Finance

Ashley is an expert finance writer who worked for 12 years with top names in the industry, including Discover, The Hartford, ScotiaBank, Chime and Synchrony. She joined ConsumerAffairs in 2022, and specializes in coverage of banking, credit repair and debt management. Her writing has also been featured in Forbes, Time, Yahoo, MSN and Reader’s Digest. In her personal life, she enjoys homeschooling her three daughters and writing children's books.

Equifax Company Information