1.01/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

973 Equifax Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Contacting Equifax either online or by phone was a painful experience. I attempted to put a temporary lift my freeze & was unable to do so online so I tried via their CS phone number. After listening to endless babble I finally reached an operator who's native language wasn't American English & was difficult to understand. My greatest frustration here was the website experience, my second was finding the phone number & then having to listen to unnecessary babble rather than being able to go directly to a CS rep!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

So like others on here I thought I would do the credit freeze because I did not want my identity stolen. I went on right after they started doing it entered all of my info and kept getting the error so I just said forget it. Fast forward 2 months and I ACTUALLY want to get a credit card. I have been going back and forth between Equifax and my bank and I never DID get it unlocked. They claimed I needed a pin to unlock it online but because it never went through I never got confirmation of the freeze NOR this elusive pin. Now my bank can't get in and after I tried to unlock it just for them and finally just took the freeze off altogether. The bank says it is still frozen and Equifax said it is on my bank's end and the bank says it is on Equifax's end.

Needless to say I have excellent credit and can't even use my OWN credit because they have locked me out. Thank god I am not trying to buy a car or home. I don't know how I will EVER get it unfrozen because I have done EVERYTHING they have said to do and it is NOT working. I am furious. And the most ridiculous part is we as consumers have NO choice. It is not like we CHOSE to have these jerks have our info. I am livid and there is NOTHING I can do because Equifax is incompetent and the bank isn't helping much either. Equifax said to have them call their business number and they said they can't which I don't believe either. As much as I wanted this rewards card it is probably for the best because I honestly have had issues with this bank in the past. Such BS!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

When this data breach was first reported, Equifax set up a website that one could enter SSN and find out if your data had been comprised. I did this for both my SSN and my wife's. The response was that our information had not been breached. Yesterday, I received a notice from Equifax, dated Oct 13,2017, that I am one of the 2.5 million additional potentially impacted U.S. consumers that has personal information was potentially exposed. Which notification should I believe? This company has totally mishandled this entire affair, and should be held accountable for this outrage, and the entire industry should be regulated in the future!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I called this company for assistance with problems submitting disputes online using their website. I was surprised to discover the customer service rep I was connected to was based in an outsourced call center in the Philippines. The rep went as far as to ask me for my full social security number. If Equifax claims to be doing its best to protect our information, why are they outsourcing to a non-US call center? Also, I was informed that Equifax does not provide technical support for website issues.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Today, I've had the worst experience with Equifax. They shouldn't handle credit issues because they can't seem to get PROFESSIONAL customer representatives. I spoke with someone in the "Mix Up" department. I don't know if it was a man or women but they were extremely rude. Agent: Your address? Me: Gives street address (forgetting that the company isn't located in my state). Agent yells, "Ugh I'm still waiting on the address!" They need to learn how to be more sensitive when it comes to their clients. Also, waited 30 mins to speak to a rep. They are just AWFUL. Please avoid them if possible. They can ruin your day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equifax?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am apparently one of the people whose ID MAY HAVE BEEN HACKED. First, I went to Freecreditreports.com to obtain my reports to see if there was any unauthorized or illegal activity. TransUnion and Experian reports were fine. Equifax would not provide me with one. Today I tried to enroll/activate the trusted premier account to freeze/monitor my credit. Put in all required information in the website but when I got to the last page (setting up a password) - a message popped up telling me there was an enrollment error and I could not enroll and providing a customer service number to call to activate.

The site would not let me try to enter info again - Just kept returning to the error page. So, I called the number - they wanted my complete SS# - which I will not provide over the phone. They got very rude and told me they were hanging up on me and if I called back, they would hang up again. Something has to be done about the attitude of this company. Judging by the hundreds of previous complaints and complete lack of response from Equifax - no one is in any hurry to fix this snafu. I will continue on the quest for a solution. I could sure use some help from consumer advocates, etc.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I called Equifax Canada for cancellation. These guys work over there don't know how to talk with customers. They talk so aggressive and they can even hit customer if they can come out from phone receiver. They don't know what customer service is. Rather than suggest customer in their issues they suggest you need water, you are hungry. Even though if customer ask about number to complain they don't provide you right information and numbers. When you call on those no they exist mean like they teach them to lie. I am really unsatisfied with the service and customer service of Equifax. 0 out 5 because when we sign in they have really great customer service but on other issues and in cancellation they have world worst customer service at all I experience in my life.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

When my mortgage company tried to pull my report, came up with an error. 7 hours on the phone, 5 straight days on the phone, I get a man by the name of Kale in the consumer affairs department. On the phone he tells me they will get it fix, a few hours he calls me back said it was fixed. They tried to run, it still an error. After calling back they asked me to send a SSA-89 form to verify my social security number, my driver’s license, social security card and a utility bill.

Today they told me I have been assigned to this consumer affairs department and any time I need to have my credit report run I will need to call them and they would have to ok the credit pull. I am not allowed any online monitoring or internet access to my report. I then ask why they wouldn’t give me a reason, I asked for how long it would be like this, was told indefinitely with no regard to the inconvenience this will cause. Has this happen to anyone else or how do I get it back to normal and an explanation?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I enrolled in the security breach free TrustedID program which was step 1. I finally received my email with the confirmation and login pin to get through step 2 - except it doesn't work. Every time I tried, over several days, I could never get past entering my birth date. After I entered that to go to the next step/screen, it gave me an error message and then finally started telling me to call customer service at the 877 number. When I finally got frustrated with trying and called, I got a recording that said something about 'all operators were busy and to try calling back in 30 minutes.' I made that call three times. I'm seriously thinking I will never get this completed, and from looking at the number of complaints - and I'm sure there are more - they really need to come up with a solution that works for everyone! I am certainly not happy with this experience!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This company should be closed down immediately! I was on the phone for over 30 minutes getting the run around trying to figure out what the "suspicious" activity was. I still haven't got an answer and I suppose I'll try again today. The only answer I could get from anyone including the supervisor was "I'm sorry". What do we all expect from a company who Chief Security Officer had a MUSIC major and Masters in MUSIC. What the**??? Something needs to be done... we don't need three bureaus anyhow.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Following the Equifax data breach I placed a freeze on my credit reports with all three credit agencies. Now, a month later, I need to temporarily lift the freeze and let my lender access my credit report to complete a loan on the house that I'm purchasing. I've been trying to contact Equifax online and over the phone for three hours to lift the freeze and haven't been able to have my request fulfilled. They don't have access to customer service at all! All their phone numbers refer to automated systems which also don't work and offer you to send requests via mail!

One customer service representative whom I got on the so called 'dedicated call center' line at 866-447-7559 was very rude and unprofessional and refused to help me or to refer me to a person who would be able to help. He also denied my request to speak to a supervisor and simply hang up on me! I have never had to deal with so unhelpful and unprofessional business. Equifax should be especially attentive to its customers now after the data breach, but it seems that the company doesn't care about its reputation at all. After three hours of unsuccessful attempts to resolve an issue that shouldn't have taken longer than a few minutes, I feel totally helpless and lost.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I spent 1 hour on the phone calling 6 different numbers and each representative told me it was not the correct number to call - ** (dispute # only M-F). Round and round it went with no success. I spoke with several supervisors who were unable to cancel the account. This is unacceptable and seems like a ploy of some sort to get folks to keep their trust ID accounts. I want out!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

On 9/28/17 I was able to activate my account after finally receiving my activation letter. I placed a credit freeze on our accounts 2 weeks ago for both my wife and myself. This cost a total of $40 in fees for Experian and TransUnion. When I tried to activate my wife's account today with Equifax I was unable to do so. Currently I cannot access my account with Equifax and was unable to activate my wife's account. I was told I would have to lift the freeze on Experian and TransUnion to get enrollment which would cost me another $40 in fees. (Equifax freeze changes are currently free). I want to be enrolled in TrustedID for both of us and then freeze my credit reports but the move would cost yet another $40 in fees to freeze after enrollment in TrustedID. Seems like a lot of expense for someone having nothing to do with creating this mess.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

A week ago I called Equifax to place a security freeze on my credit report. I have not received PIN in the mail yet. So, yesterday from 3 pm to 5:30 pm I had to call Equifax 4 times to get the freeze lifted temporarily. Each time I was given a confirmation # and told to wait 10-15 minutes. Each time I called back, I was asked for a confirmation # and was told there was not any evidence a request for the lift was requested. Of course I spoke to a foreigner each time so on the last call I requested to speak to a Supervisor.

I was asked why and I explained that none of the cust service representatives were helping me. After another 10 min hold, a so-called Supervisor went thru the same steps as the others. Well needless to say, she did nothing. The freeze is still on my report, and no one works on the weekend at Equifax. Equifax should be fined big time and their people need more training. It's plain ridiculous that we have to ask for their help, when they created the problem in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

After the Equifax breach, I followed the registration for the free monitoring TrustedID Premier. I waited for the email several weeks and received today. When I tried to activate, it said my birthdate was incorrect. I called the number for help in the email. The person said I wasn't in the system, either by email, phone, name, nothing and that this had happened with many due to overload. I asked how I received the email and she said computer generated. She said they had fixed the glitch and I needed to register again and gave me the site to go to. I did so and had the same problem initially encountered, it just keeps rolling back to "I'm not a robot" and I cannot continue to register.

The whole Equifax problem is insane. After registering once, calling and finding out I'm not in the system, trying to register again with no results, I have decided to waste no more time and frustration with this inept company. Let's just hope if my identity is compromised and there are lawsuits, I won't be excluded because I didn't register!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

In light of the recent breach of millions of consumer data and the articles written about such I've decided to highlight a few key points that for whatever reason simply are not being metioned: 1- The consumers whose data was held by Equifax had no bearing in the first, second or third place on their data reaching Equifax at all. Their data was sold to Equifax via many public and private institutions with no choice much less any notification to the consumers. Therefore it is entirely the complete fault of Equifax that the data was breached. Brings me to point 2:

2- All Equifax could offer consumers was a choice to "freeze their credit," however not without first paying a fee to Equifax to do it. Excuse me!! A FEE! FOR Equifax's personal screw up! Are you kidding!? How DISGUSTING IS THAT!? 3- IF Consumers wished to pay the fee, and then freeze their credit, they would be issued a pin number to unfreeze it. God forbid a consumer loses that pin, they would be stuck in a 3 month battle with Equifax trying to claim they are who they say they are, yet Equifax never tried to prove any identification of the consumer in the first place when purchasing that consumers data.

4- An article in ConsumerAffairs news states a large percentage of consumers have not froze their credit. I say good! Why bother with that hassle, especially when the number of consumers data allegedly hacked and stolen totals enough to make sense that one consumers data stolen being used further is the equivalent of that consumer hitting the lottery as far as chance is concerned.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

After initiating the enrollment process in TrustedID since my information was among that which was compromised, I eventually received an email to finalize the product. This link did not work. I called the help number in the email and spoke with someone I could barely understand who confirmed my identity after I answered some questions and said that he would have another email sent within 48 hours. This email never arrived, and I always checked junk mail box. After waiting about two weeks, I called the Equifax support number (866-447-7559) and spoke with someone who directed me to the TrustedID number (866-640-2273).

Calling this number only led me through automated prompts and when I was led to speak to someone, was left on hold with no hold music/message, indefinitely, no matter which option I tried (called back several times after waiting so many minutes in silent). I then called the first number back and spoke to someone else who gave me this number to call: **. I called that number, and that person explained that I should have received an email with a log-in ID and temporary password. I never received that email, needless to say (and we confirmed my email account). She tried to transfer me to speak to someone in customer service in order to request that they send another email since she did not have the authority to do so (888-548-7878) but explained that line was busy and recommended calling at 5 pm.

I tried calling just now and received a busy tone (no automated message or option to wait for an answer). This is by far the WORST customer service I have ever received, especially considering the reason I have had to waste so much time doing all of this is due to Equifax's own security breach. It is bad enough that even occurred and that we have only one year of the free service (really, it should be freely provided indefinitely). It has become an awful experience that I can't even complete the enrollment process, and dealing with such inadequacy has left me with zero faith in this agency that unfortunately has all of my information. With such failure, this agency shouldn't exist.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am one of the people that has had my identity stolen and they sent me a statement saying my account was frozen which I did!! Then they told me the wrong address was used (my old one) and asked if I changed it, gave me a 888 number to call and was on hold for 1 hr. No one answered and they are now using a false address!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Well, I enrolled re the security breach free TrustedID program. That was step 1. Now I have been waiting of over 15 days to get the confirmation and login pin to get through step 2. I called today and got through to Tina, first. She was a totally clueless customer service rep who started rattling off the text in front of her. I had to stop her and state and restate and restate two more times that the process should take 72 hours, as she read off also, I was told I just have to wait. She gave me the excuse their system was down a couple of days and I responded does that total 15 days? She would not put me through to a supervisor; I guess they are all following the executives out the door!

I finally hung up and called back and got Cathy who at least was courteous and attentive and appeared to actually care. She gave me a number for TrustedID and asked me to get to them about the confirmation that I did not receive. Can you believe they can't even confirm on notifying TrustedID for an individual who has enrolled, like me? I'll make this short: TrustedID phone was BUSY every time I called. I say close Equifax down and let Experian be the boss. I already have my credit frozen there, plus they actually have people that answer the phone who know what's going on and can get your issue resolved! I really do think the best resolution is to shut Equifax down completely and purge/totally wipe out ALL DATABASES. I don't see a need for 3 credit service companies. I haven't worked a lot with TransUnion, so can't comment on them. ONE's Enough!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

In the wake of the hacking of Equifax, my wife and I tried to put on credit freezes. We filled out the online application. After a few days, we each got email responses saying that due to the volume it would be a few more days before we could activate our accounts online. After about ten days my wife got an email. She tried to activate the account from her home in London and was told she couldn't do it in that country. She forwarded the email to me and I tried to activate it from US. I put in her birthday as was first requested prior to being forwarded to the page for security questions, which I probably could answer.

After hitting "continue," the page crashed. Could not get to the security questions. I tried again and was informed online that the freeze had been set up. How, if the security questions had not been answered? Called customer service and was reasonably told that I couldn't do anything for my wife. We will have to wait until she is here because it takes forever to get a live person on the line, if at all.

So, I moved over to dealing with my freeze activation, since I hadn't gotten an email for that purpose. Gave the agent my email and phone numbers. She couldn't find an account for me. Told her that Equifax had sent me an email saying that my activation email would come in a few days. She told me I'd have to apply again. Went online and tried to apply again for a freeze. Only got to a page that gave me the option of lifting a freeze. Called customer service again and this time the call was disconnected every time the automated voice said I was being forwarded to a live agent. At this time, I have no idea if my wife or I have active freezes. And no way of reaching anyone to provide any competent help.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have been trying to login to my account for days now and the site won't load after putting in my credentials, it just times out. I paid these piecesOS $7.50 the same day of the breach as well as EXP and TU for a security freeze. Last week I had a deposit of $7.50 put back into my bank account. No contact of it being done or why it was done. EQUIFAX reversed the charge. Now I can't mysteriously log into my account whereas they have my card on file to charge me for a monthly subscription that I am trying to now cancel and can't login to do so. I know my login information. And why is this so called fake site still linked on the homepage of the site.**

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I received a notice that my credit rating had changed... so I looked and was shocked so I phoned up Equifax and got an account at "https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/otc/landing.ehtml?^start=&companyName=ECIS_dashboard". In March 2017 (coincidentally when the hack of Equifax apparently began), someone had created a complaint based on an event in 2015 where services were terminated with a security company and Equifax agrees there is no debt with the security company (and I have screenshots to show this) - but as the attached images illustrate, they did not correct my credit score in their reporting to me.

However, when I requested credit scores through Karma, I got a totally different credit score (but these are scores which I believe are correct based on previous experience). After some complaints (and no feedback) Equifax indicated they would not accept any more complaints from me (but they continue to take my money). I am intending to continue monitoring my credit but someone is not reporting the information accurately.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I got an email asking me to enroll in TrustedID Premier. When I tried to enroll, it said that I was enrolled already. When I tried to login it gave me an error message and said to call customer service at the 877 number. When I called, I got a message saying it is not a working number. WTF is going on?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Your customer service department needs some serious training. I understand that they're trying to be overly cautious about the information they are providing (at least now they are), but they should be cautious when they're taking personal information. I don't know these people and Equifax has proven that it's not a trustworthy company. The woman on the other line (I would be happy to provide her name if needed) repeated my personal information over the phone - ranging from SSN to personal information. She's obviously sitting in a call center with whoever else around her, saying this information out loud to anyone who is sitting around her. Absolutely unimpressed.

Equifax needs to be shut down as a company. They can't protect our data (admin-admin? REALLY?) and have no common sense for securing personal information. And they want people to sign up for free credit monitoring? The company couldn't protect our data to begin with, why would I trust them to continue to monitor my credit? Thanks for creating such a liability for hundreds of millions of citizens, Equifax.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I cannot get a credit report from Equifax. I have attempted several times online and now they are requesting documents via mail. This is ridiculous. This is the company that fraudulently hacked my bank account with an electronic check one month and tried to do it again the following month. The electronic check was supposedly authorized by me with a bogus address and information on the draft sent through my account. I had to file a fraud charge, close the account, and open another account. The bank thinks it was for a $350 a month credit policy. (Really?) Would you trust this company with your documentation to get a credit report? Especially after talking to one of their rude clowns in their customer service center who couldn't tell me what it was for.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I can't turn on new gas service at my new house because they have to verify my identity thru Equifax but I have a freeze. I can't lift it online because it isn't working now. And there's no getting to a person on the phone. And Vectren won't turn on my gas without an identity verification from Equifax. Do I can't get the gas turned on. No hot water or heat or cooking.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

WARNING - DO NOT USE THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT. My spouse and myself are both affected by the Equifax breach. Tried to sign up for TrustedID. Asked for email address as user name. Entered our email address for both persons. Equifax did not block using the same email address for both husband and wife. After I entered husband’s email address to sign up, the information of his came up with his name and wife's last 4 of social security and date of birth. Equifax should have been programmed to reject the use of the same email for two accounts. Unable at this time to register husband in TrustedID. Equifax working on the problem.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

This complaint is based upon my husband's experience that started within the past year. We started having issues within the last year with our bank being able to pull my husband's credit score and information through Equifax for new loan information but didn't give it much regard as the bank chose to use the other 2 reporting agencies to approve us. After several phone calls previously and now trying to start the process of obtaining a home mortgage together we found out there were major issues that have now caused a domino effect with the mortgage company. The mortgage co tried to pull his Equifax report as they stated they needed him medium score in order to start the paperwork and processes needed and when they could not pull it they stated there had to be a possible freeze on his information.

Starting about July of 2017 my husband called and requested that the freeze be removed but the Customer Service agent claimed there was no freeze but did something supposedly and assured us everything was ok. We contacted Mortgage co. to again pull the information and again nothing. Called Equifax back and they stated again no freeze but that our old address from over 2 years ago was still reporting on his file. We had already ordered and obtained his credit file from the other 2 reporting agencies who both show our current address so this was alarming to us. Customer Service with Equifax then again told us no freeze but to fax in a copy of his DL, SS, Rental Agreement and any other documentation of those kinds to verify his identity.

I faxed everything over via a rit-fax on 8.17.17 and got a response a week later from Equifax stating the documents could not be read and to mail them so on 8.30.17 I mailed a letter via USPS to their Atlanta, GA address Disputes Dept. with these document plus more in colored photocopies and again received another letter on Saturday 9.16.17 that their records did not match what they had on file and that they needed the stated documents. I don't know what more documentation I can send in order for them to update my husband's address and resolve this issue.

This is costing me money and more time that I could be using to purchase a home but instead we are dealing with an agency who seems to not have to be responsible for the people they are supposedly supposed to be assisting in keeping their financial information up to date and current. I have today contacted the CFPB and submitted a formal complaint along with the supporting documents I sent to Equifax in order to try to get resolution. I should hopefully hear something back in next 2 weeks so yeah for us more time to wait and waste.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

On that site to check if you're affected, I wasn't, but from others I have heard it is not accurate, and instead it redirects you to their monitoring service. The only entities that know if you’re truly affected is the credit companies themselves, banks, CC companies, they get a list of people affected. @Melanie of Golden Valley, the servers, phone lines at all 3 credit companies are completely swamped due to freeze request, monitoring request, fraud reports, other issues. This is because of the Equifax breach that caused 143 million people to become panicked, and it’s pretty much mass hysteria right now all over the web. Because there’s so much traffic to these companies your requests may or may not go through.

Another problem is that since Equifax, Experian, TransUnion wasn't prepared for this breach, and people have experience errors message when they tried to apply freezes, fraud alerts, get credit reports. Some of your request actually went through when you try to reapply a freeze, fraud report requests. Sadly these companies don't like dealing with people so they try to force you to mail or call them, and from many sources even these avenues are proving very difficult as well. However it will sometimes work if you keep calling them. But people have problems even trying to call them. I personally never dealt with any of these credit companies, until news of Equifax broke up, and I started looking if I was affected, even if my credit file is very thin, thus I don't have a very big credit file.

I did put a fraud alert on all 3 companies just in case, since this is the only thing that actually went through, as I cannot access any of the 3 credit files, after it crashed the website, and it magically went through after it notified me the 2nd time. By the way, there is no confirmation email, whether or not you actually registered for the fraud alert. People are reporting that freezing sometimes doesn’t give people their pin, which is another hassle, because they are forced to call Equifax, which also might drop your call randomly, put you on hold for hours, or not at all. Melanie of Golden Valley, you should call them and be persistent and don't hang up on the phone calls. Best place for some advice is go to Reddit’s Megathread of Equifax breach.

I’m one of those people that can’t even get the 3 free annual credit report, because the "credit" questions they gave me were so obscure I couldn't answer them correctly, and 2 of the 4 questions were fake. If you fail to answer these questions correctly, even one of them it will completely block you from getting 1 online. You only get 2 tries before online credit report is blocked. And you have to call and or mail them in order to get the reports. Also I tried to get Experian’s free credit report directly from the site, upon accidentally logging into many failed login, it completely blocked me since yesterday. And I would have to call them for some reason to unlock, why do they not have an email customer support?

It is much easier on those companies. Since Equifax reaches other countries it might also affect them as well, and those countries Equifax headquarters have an email support system. I suggest signing up for Credit Karma to monitor your credit (however don't try to delete the account as that will block you from getting another account with your SSN for 6 months, their policy). REDDIT’S MEGATHREAD EQUIFAX BREACH IS THE BEST PLACE TO look for more info.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I signed up for the freaking $19.99 a month fraud protection about three months ago and what did it get me, my identity being stolen. I never have trusted any of the "dirt bag" credit companies over the years. They all have information that is wrong half of the time and when you try to get it corrected, it takes months if not years. I have been trying to reach Equifax for over 5 days just to get my password reset and find out what happen on my account. I've been on hold with Experian for 1 hour now and no answer. Again, I paid this "dirt bag" company as well for their services. You would think if you were a paying customers someone would answer and help you. Every time I try to reset something and I give all my correct information it still doesn't work.

Thirdly, having worked for a security software company that did "simulation" test for companies like Equifax and when you showed them the high probability of them being hacked the low life cheap executives don't want to pay for the software and services. I saw where the Equifax CIO and Chief Security decided to retire after their lack of security that caused this. These two worthless people, now get to ride into the sunset with a big fat retirement and over 148 millions people like me have to suffer for their negligence. I hope all of Equifax and all of them get sued in a class action suit. These three companies must go and we need a better system, PERIOD!!!

Equifax expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Equifax is one of the three biggest credit bureaus in the United States. They work with over 800 million consumers and 88 million businesses worldwide. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a multifaceted information company.

• Equifax Complete Premier: This subscription product provides three-bureau credit scores, provides alerts about suspicious activities and helps monitor your credit and Social Security number. This product is also available in a family plan.

• Credit reports: Consumers may choose from a credit report from Equifax or a credit report from each of the different credit reporting agencies.

• Fico products: Equifax offers a Credit Score Watch program which monitors the consumers FICO score. Their Score Power program includes a personalized score explanation and score simulator.

• Credit report assistance: Equifax assists consumers in obtaining their free annual credit report and disputing information on a credit report. Additionally, individuals may request a fraud alert and place a security freeze on their report.

• Credit education: The Equifax educational portal informs consumers about credit scores, credit reports, credit monitoring as well as identity theft protection.

• Trusted: Equifax is one of the major credit bureaus and has a highly regarded reputation.

• Best for: Victims of identity theft, consumers who have a major upcoming financial decision and consumers who need monitoring.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg