Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.81/5

Equifax Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Negative Stars would be much better! I am working on a mortgage loan. I was taken off as an authorized user on a credit card in the negative which was killing my credit. 45 days later Equifax still has the negative information on my credit. They will do absolutely nothing to help escalate the process and block me at every turn. It will take up to 30 days...doesn't matter that it's their error. It's been fixed on Experian and on Transunion. I'm going to lose my earnest money on my house because I can't get the loan closed. It's infuriating, frustrating, and sometimes I just want to cry. They could care less. It's like I'm being held hostage by a stupid company. Customer Service is no help at all, and it's obvious the calls are being answered in the Middle East and hard to understand.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Equifax website collected money 3 times from my credit card to purchase their service and repeated that I would have to continue again to try and create an account over and over again. I am out the 15 dollar one time fee and the 4.95 30 day trial twice. No service was ever provided and they have taken my money and not created any account. When time permits I will file a fraud report with the Canadian fraud reporting center.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My wife and I are trying to refinance our home and the loan company can not get a credit report from them because her information does not match. We have lived at the same address for 22+ years, she has had the same Soc Sec number since birth, and the same cell phone number for 10+ years. Yet all this was not enough to verify her identity. Now the company that has had major security issues wants us to fax her Social security card and drivers license to them?? Really, how do we know who is actually getting the information, and now the loan company waits 5-7 days for Equifax to process the information and then MAIL the results to us.

The person on the phone was of little help and had no concern our situation. All we want is the ability to have a mortgage company check our credit score, The auto dealer had no issues less than a year ago so why is it screwed up now?? The whole process in dealing with Equifax has been a negative experience. If this were a business I would no longer be a customer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have been trying to get my home refinance over a month. The only thing holding it up is this decision on my credit report. They keep telling me every time I call it will be off in 48 hours and when it is checked it still there. I have tried to have this removed over a month. I tried twice today but I keep getting the same result. If this keep up I will lose my loan. This is only thing holding up home loan closing. I really don’t know what else to do besides losing my loan a

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Although I did not freeze my account I recently applied for a loan and was told it was. I attempted to use "Lock and Alert" but get a error message and to call a 800 #. I'm transferred around and am told my password is incorrect and to change it. I do and continue to get the same error message. When I attempted to access my account via their website I get a message I have a account. When I click on forgot password In every receive a email. I have emailed Equifax multiple times and get a form email apologizing and escalating my concern but nothing further. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and quickly received a phone call. I was told to "fax" proof of identity to his email (I emailed as I can't fax???). It has been almost a week and still no reply. Equifax simply does not care about the customer and hope he/she will give up the "fight"; I won't. Craig

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equifax?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I've been trying to place a credit freeze for a month or more. I've tried at their website several times. They gave me a phone number to call. I called Equifax several times, verifying my personal information each call including SSN. However after they verify my information they refuse to proceed with helping me place a credit freeze. I placed a credit freeze with the other 2 bureaus online without any issues. Equifax has been persistent in requesting I use the postal system & mail in a copy of my DL, SSN, address, copy of a utility bill maybe other stuff. They want me to use US Postal System who by the way loses mail on a regular basis. This company is absolutely useless. They a supervisor was suppose to call me this morning at 9am CST. No call from Equifax this morning. Useless useless useless. Who else would be trying to freeze my credit? Anybody know who it is? Well it's me but I've not managed to get it done due to the above reasons.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I contacted Equifax to temporarily unfreeze my credit records because a company I was purchasing an item from required it. I was attempting to refreeze my records but cannot contact Equifax via phone, website or email. Called 5 different phones numbers, answered all the identification and security questions asked by the automated system (no way to talk to a human being of course) but the automated system cannot verify me then suggests to go the the Equifax website to contact them. Go to the myequifax.com website to log in and send a message, login with the correct user ID and password and it tells me to call one of the 5 phone numbers I previously used.

Icing on the cake was looked up on Google what phone number to use to talk to a honest to God live person, tried it and after 30 seconds it hangs up on you. I am in an unending cycle and cannot accomplish my goal - TO TALK TO AN EMPLOYEE OF EQUIFAX! Isn't this great, Equifax (along with Transunion and Experian) control your credit files but you can't (at least in Equifax's case) possibly contact them. Like the Wizard of OZ is there some "great and powerful" wizard behind some curtain we must never question????

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I'm not in the habit of bashing companies, but this is ridiculous. I currently have a freeze on my credit report with this company, but needed to release it this week since I'm shopping for a new car. The website will not function, and tells me to call an 800 number. No luck in contacting them through that. A little supplemental digging on Google showed another number, where I spoke with a customer service rep, who was equally unable to access my account online. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who told me the same story. The only two alternatives through them was a) wait until the website was back up, and they would notify me via email, or b) mail or fax in my information and wait for an unfreeze. I do not have fax at my disposal right now, so in order to use this system, I'd have to wait more than 10 days for the report, which is completely unacceptable in this situation.

I'm extremely frustrated, and while I see several vehicles online that would fit my needs and in my price range, I can't do a thing about it, because my credit report is being held hostage. Let's just say that after this experience is resolved, I will more than likely closing my account with Equifax and looking for a better alternative that won't have this kind of disaster waiting in the wings.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

After about 4 hours total phone Skype time talking with Equifax TO GET A FREE CREDIT REPORT. I was denied by 4 customer service people (CS) and only one supervisor was willing to help me. The 4 CS people said no reports go to Thailand. One CS person did finally give me a confirmation number and said it's in the mail. It's already 10 days overdue now!

Annualcreditreport.com doesn't work for foreign IP numbers so you must plead and beg to Equifax for your report. I gave them 7 items of data and all were quite readable by Equifax. One CS person told me to resend them all again. Because I choose my time here in Thailand to help young underprivileged boys and girls get a good education and qualify for college, Equifax and annualcreditreport.com discriminate against me. My suggestion is to get yourself a good VPN and fool annualcreditreport.com into emailing you a report.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

From Friday, Sept 06, 2019 to Sunday, Sept 08, 2019 12:10 am, service is not not working because of maintenance. Does anyone encounter this problem with Equifax? I wonder if they have some kind of problem that they have to shut down their website. It's almost 48 hours now.

Equifax Company Information