2.63/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Wysong Natural Pet Food

Looking for a good dog food brand?

19 Wysong Natural Pet Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have been feeding this to my pets for years, since I have both cats and dogs who like to share food. This solves both their needs and is great for their digestion and coats. They all like the taste as well. I’m not sure why the negative reviews either of the food, if someone had issues with customer support. They’ve been helpful when I’ve had to call in the past. Well done.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I am shocked to read so many complaints about Wysong. I have been feeding my cats Wysong for over 20 years and my cat at her 16th Vet check up, had clear and healthy kidneys, liver and had nothing wrong with her. The Vet was astounded as at the age of 16, they said it was very common to find something wrong. Wysong is not easy to get her in the tropics and fortunately Amazon now ships it. I went years without, and my cats developed struvite crystals. It is true, your cats need to drink their meals in order to stay healthy, and for anyone who just wants a quick fix, dry cat food is never the answer. Wysong is only an additional treat we give our felines, and the rest we go all the way with. As with Dr. Wysong's philosophy of providing your pets with complete and whole meals. You can either purchase that out of a can, or do it yourself and make your pet meals.

However, I have never been disappointed with Dr. Wysong's formulas nor have I ever steered away. If your pet gets the runs, or upset stomach, you might want to consider they are purging and cleansing out, and add a good amount of probiotics to their diets so they can balance out well while they adjust to a complete meal. Consider this, eat a bunch of junk food, then eat a lot of healthy food and see if you don't purge yourself? Seriously, common sense folks. I am sold on Wysong and will continue to feed my pets the best food on the planet. Look up any of the "Natural Pet" food companies and you will discover who really owns them. Not a family who cares, but large corporations skirting around as holistic health food. Thank you Wysong family for caring enough to make a difference!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My middle aged part Main Coone boy had two severe UT blockages. He on Science Diet canned food but still craves dry food. He would not touch SD dry cat food (I, also, had reservations to feeding him the poor quality fillers used in SD dry food products.) He, and his best buddy, are doing really well on the Uretic formula and they both love it. We are at about eight months on the SD can and Wysong dry diet and so far so good.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have an eleven year old Beagle mix and seven year old Siamese, and I recently switched to Wysong from another brand after doing some extensive online research. I started with their Senior canine and Vitality feline formulas, and also purchased their Optimize Beef and Archetype Rabbit diets for a little variety. All I can say is that my pets have never been more excited for their food. They’ve been on Wysong for about a month and a half, and my Beagle who suffers from arthritis hasn’t been this active in years! They were very accommodating over the phone, and even provided free samples for me to try before purchasing. I highly recommend this food!

Original review: July 18, 2017

My cat when younger, had urinary tract infection, and after consulting several vets who wanted to charge me several thousand dollars to correct the problem, I finally found a vet who explained to me that the cat probably wasn't getting enough water, because cats are accustomed to getting water from eating only meat caught in the wild. So he recommended giving him water and watching him... and stop feeding him Wellness as he had seen several cats who ate Wellness food getting urinary tract infections.

I then started feeding him Wysong dry food along with wet food and adding water to the wet food... and problem solved. Hasn't had one problem in 10 years. I highly recommend Wysong Uretic. And as for that last review, I can say it probably was the habit of what was being fed to the cat outside of the Wysong. Most vets don't know what causes these problems. They all just guess. But one thing that most have in common, they always want to go to the extreme expenses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wysong Natural Pet Food?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I just switched cat food because the one I had my cat on (Flint River Ranch) got discontinued. I thought Wysong was a good brand, or at least from what I researched it seemed liked it. Coincidentally, a week later, a very healthy cat has a bladder blockage with urine crystals? The vet confirmed it was more than likely the food. $3000 vet bill later!! Thanks. Worst food ever. Do yourself a favor, skip it!

Original review: June 22, 2016

I ordered ferret food & waited 14 days. When I called they had not shipped it as of yet but they had gotten paid. I was out of ferret food & requested for them to ship next day air & they refused. I canceled the order & asked them for a full refund. Their mistake but they didn't want to correct it. I'll buy my products elsewhere!!! Also the last bag of ferret food gave my ferret the runs badly. I was going to try another bag or switch over to another food choice but they made that choice for me. Stay away from this company. They're going down rapidly. Read the reviews.

Original review: June 7, 2015

My dog, a 20# mix, was happily and healthily on Wysong Epigen (chicken) for a year. I bought a case of 4 bags and noticed they had changed from 8 pounds each to 5 pounds each. The store owner assured me there had been no change to the formula, only the packaging size. My dog immediately developed diarrhea. I contacted Wysong who aped the store owners claim that nothing had changed. Yada, yada, yada, $500, pumpkin, metamucil later vet put her on Purina HD and finally solid stool. I'm slowly introducing venison formula into her diet and she seems to be tolerating it well. Something had either changed or went wrong simultaneously with the packaging change. They should own up.

Original review: March 27, 2015

My experience was more customer service-related. I placed an order online, and used a coupon for free shipping. Everything went thru ok, but I get an email stating "the coupon used for this order is not valid for orders placed to Alaska". So I cancel my order. I was told that I would be refunded that day. I call 3 days later to see if my card was refunded...."I'm so sorry! For whatever reason your card was not refunded. I'll take care of that soon!" Of course my response is "Can you do the refund while I'm on the phone with you? And would the refund ever have taken place if I never called?" She couldn't answer that. The best she could do was say "we probably would have caught it later..." Shady. Very shady.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

I adopted a dog from an animal shelter in the southern US in the fall of 2014. He is a young, mixed breed dog who arrived at my home weighing 8 pounds. He was clearly underweight, as his ribs were prominent and his spinal vertebrae were extremely prominent. We feed a variety of kibble-based foods to our owned and foster dogs, but after two weeks of eating high-quality kibble this little dog was still too skinny.

We added Wysong's raw, freeze-dried Archetype to his kibble in steadily increasing amounts -- first a couple teaspoons, then equal to about ten percent of his daily food intake, and finally arriving at a half-and-half balance between Archetype and his mix of several high-quality kibbles. In three months he has gained three pounds of healthy weight. His ribs and vertebrae are no longer prominent, and the condition of his skin and coat have improved significantly. We are very happy with the apparent benefits of adding Wysong Archetype to his daily food intake.

Wysong Natural Pet Food Company Information