4.3/5 (397 ratings)

About Super Chewer

Meet Super Chewer: This monthly subscription box is made for dogs who play harder and demand a challenge. Each month, you and your dog receive an immersive adventure of 2 tough toys, 2 full-sized bags of treats, and 2 meaty chews. Super Chewer's in-house toy designers create interactive all-natural rubber and nylon toys with features like puzzles, treat-lock systems, 2-in-1 toys, fetch-flinging toys, and more! All chews and treats are made in the USA and allergy-friendly options are available for pups with dietary restrictions!

Pros

• Includes 6 toys and treats each month
  • Products for dogs of all sizes
  • All-natural and made in the U.S.

Cons

• Subscription renews automatically

Bottom Line

Super Chewer is an online subscription service that creates toys and treats specifically for dogs who love to chew.

Super Chewer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

The treats and toys we received about 7 days ago Daisy liked much than before. She’s eaten the majority of the treats already! Loves the toys more than toys we got previously! Previously we got repeats of toys we got before.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

When I first started it was a bit slow to show up- it then COVID-19.... They have been GREAT. I had a chew that my dog ate in 10 minutes and they sent a free DIFFERENT replacement toy right away. They sent a toy that after shipping -found it could be damaged easily- so they offered a few DIFFERENT replacement the same day. Not all toys fit my dog-but most do. I think the treats are overkill. I feed my dogs raw-so there are more treats in a box than I can use in months!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Great company to work with! They deliver fun themed boxes every month that excite & interest my dog. After 6 months we finally received a toy that didn’t live up to the Super Chewer name - meaning that my Daisy destroyed it. They replaced this toy with my choice of treats or a new toy! Kind customer service & definitely a company that cares about pets!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My experience has been great. Cooper loves getting new toys and treats. I love not having to individually buy treats. My only complaint (and not really a complaint- more just as issue). Cooper is a 70 lb 10 month old white English Lab. He is very strong and a very intense chewer (toys not other things). Most of the chew toys hold up but there are a few he ends up destroying in the first day or two (starts chewing pieces off) and we have to toss them. So just need the toughest of toys???? Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

We had an issue with a late package, Super Chewer was watching it more than I was, they offered to send a toy to Pippa for the delay. In corresponding with them, I let them know I have a major chewer, and they let me know they replace items and I was blown away. Great customer service, wanting to make sure everything is right for my dog and me. We will continue to purchase the Super Chewer boxes.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I had 2 toys chewed up in a matter of minutes and had to throw them away. I contacted BarkBox and they were quick to respond. They were replaced with more sturdy items and the dogs are loving them. They came quickly.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I just got my month subscription. It had an archery toy in there. My dog was able to chew pieces off of it. Then he proceeded to vomit plastic yellow pieces all over my house. Not cool. I purchased these toys because they were hard to destruct.

Super Chewer response

Hi Heather. Thank you so much for taking time to share this feedback. We are so sorry to hear that this toy was not a good fit for your pup and caused vomiting. Your pup's safety is our top priority and we sincerely apologize that this happened. We want nothing more than to make this right and prevent this from happening again. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can help further!

Original review: July 31, 2020

We have been very happy with the boxes except for this last one. I paid extra for the super chewer but the toy was destroyed in 10 minutes. It was the black and yellow toy that was in the shape of a target.

Super Chewer response

Hi Jodie! Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your most recent box. We are so sorry to hear that item was not a good fit for your special pup. We definitely understand your concern and we want nothing more than to make this right for you and your pack! Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can help further!

Original review: July 31, 2020

The customer service from Barkbox.com is amazing. I have had 2 incidents where a product was not a good fit for my dog, and they were so responsive and helpful. In my second box, there was a toy that had a nylon rope attached. The rope was too easily frayed. I contacted CS, and they sent out a replacement within a couple days. Then in my most recent box, there was a toy made with wood fibers that apparently was easily chewed and dogs were pulling pieces off. CS contacted me to let me know so I could dispose of the toy before a problem occurred and sent out a replacement. I am very happy with the service and level of care for my dog. Great company!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Before Super Chewer I really struggled to find toys that lasted more than 15 minutes with Lizzy, for a medium (35 lb) dog she is very strong and likes to play rough. The material of the toys are great, strong enough to last months without breakdown but gentle on her mouth and teeth. The addition of puzzle toys really has made a difference, she can put her energy into getting treats out of them for hours. Overall Lizzy and I are very satisfied!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Love it to death. My year I half old lab is in love with the treats and toys. Wish there was more bone treats for the aggressive chewers and more variety of treats in the box. Trial of the dental stuff too would be nice.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Holly LOVES her Super Chewer boxes!!! Her favorite part are the treats. She knows when her boxes come and we have videos of how excited she gets while we are trying to open them. One suggestion, give the option to pick the toys every month. Some toys, she could care less about but others she is in love with!!

Original review: July 30, 2020

So far so great! A few toys have not stood up to my super chewer but we made them work! Anything with a rope doesn't really last long but it has kept Otis active and he has so many toys now that he can't choose sometimes! But I would highly recommend this box to others!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Maggie loves the snacks that come with her chewy box of goodies. The thing she loves the most are the toys that hold snacks, she can play with those toys endlessly until SHE WINS!! She does share with her brother, Murphy, as he does with her when his delivery is made.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I have so far loved every single one of my Bark Boxes. The quality of the foods is great, and my dog enjoys them all immensely. The toys are so cute too, especially the stuffed ones, and I love that there are different themes each month. The super chewer toys are great and stand up to Achilles' rigorous chewing, as well. Thank you!

Original review: July 30, 2020

My dog doesn’t like the treats and she constantly destroys the toys in minutes. I have contacted you several times and requested my money be refunded and my subscription be cancelled and I just get the runaround. There is no way to contact anyone by phone so I contacted through FB but still have no resolution.

Super Chewer response

Hi Leigh. Thank you so much for taking time to share you feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you've had trouble cancelling and contacting our team. This definitely is not the type of experience we wish to provide any of our customer and we completely understand your frustration. We would like nothing more than to make this right for you and your pack. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can clear this up for you as soon as possible!

Original review: July 30, 2020

My pup LOVES getting his Bark Box every month. He appears to recognize the box and knows it is for him. He helps to open it and take out all the toys and treats. He doesn't always know what to play with first, but he has not yet had a toy that he does not want to play with. He always has to have a treat from the box for helping to open the box. He would give it 5 paws out of 5. I give it 5 stars out of 5. I was going to stop his subscription in July but he loves it so much we have to keep it going.

Original review: July 30, 2020

My dog destroyed a toy included in the Super Chewer box within an hour. I contacted Bark and they were amazing, they not only apologized and questioned me about Sophie’s needs and likes they replaced the toy with a ball that is her all time favorite. Their dedication to their customers is top notch, thank you for loving my fur baby as much as I do.

Original review: July 30, 2020

When Cooper and now Chloe get their Super Chewer Box they know! And they can’t wait till daddy gets home so they can open it. You should see the giant smiles on their faces. Thank you Super Chewer!!! You’re the BEST!!!

Original review: July 30, 2020

We love receiving our Super Chewer box every month. I am always so excited to see what the theme will be and it is convenient that each box includes two bags of treats because it cuts down on the number of times I need to go to the pet store to get treats. Most of the toys have been durable and fun, but our two latest boxes included toys with elements that my dog was able to shred right away so I had to take them away from him. Other toys he doesn't seem very interested in, and a few of the toys are among his favorites.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I have a beautiful, sweet Pitbull named Libby. She's almost 3 years old, and a Super Chewer. I was so glad to find her this service with all those fun toys to chew on, to keep her out of trouble chewing on items she shouldn't. For the most part she loved every item that was sent. The treats are always a hit! Most of the toys are perfect for her. Out of 5 boxes I only had 3 items that either didn't survive the first day without major damage, or she wasn't interested. But the team is awesome about exchanging them for another toy, so that makes me happy. I would, and have recommended this service to all my dog owning friends and family!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I absolutely love Super Chewer! Their products are amazing for my German Shepherd, he has loved everything! And their customer service is top notch. This company truly goes above and beyond for their customers and wants to make sure that your dog is completely happy with their product. 10 out of 10. Would recommend.

Original review: July 30, 2020

When I first subscribed to Bark Box I was receiving toys made of fabric, which lasted maybe 2 days. I talked to the supplier and they began sending no toys Made of fabric. The tougher toys were too big for Anne to carry around but lasted somewhat longer. The last box that was sent the toys didn’t last 24 hours. She had chewed pieces off of them and swapping the pieces. Anne is a 22 pound chewing machine. They are sending replacements. I tried to cancel my subscription but was told I was a month too late to cancel. I fulfilled my 6 month agreement but because I didn’t decide to cancel until month 7 was told I couldn’t do that. 99% of the treats Anne likes. No complaint with those.

Super Chewer response

Hi Donna! Thank you so much for sharing feedback around your experience. We are so sorry to hear Anne's most recent box was not the best fit for her and that you've had trouble cancelling your account. We definitely understand your concern and would like nothing more than to make this up to you and your special pup! Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can make this right!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Love Super Chewer from Bark Box. My pup loves his box every month. Quality is great, He loves his treats and the toys are so much fun. Oh! And I can’t forget how friendly the customer service is. Overall would recommend 10/10.

Original review: July 30, 2020

The toys are good but would like to have one chewy one and another that is a little softer for play and chewy. She will not eat any snacks with fish in them. Please send snacks that aren’t so small. She has poor eyesight so can’t see them.

Super Chewer response

Hi Pat, Sharlie and Brooke!

Thanks for your feedback here! We're really sorry to hear about their experience with those boxes each month! That's certainly not the type experience that we intend on bringing you all and we'd love to help out here! A member of our team will be reaching out privately to help!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Weller and I love Super Chewer. I would like to see more toys/treats and less marketing/glitz around the presentation. I am sold so spend the money on things for the dog not on the marketing in the box. Thank you.

Original review: July 29, 2020

My Labrador Remington absolutely loves all the Super Chewer toys and treats that have been sent. Customer service is amazing and all orders arrive on time. I always recommend Bark Box to all friends and members of my Labrador group. ❤️

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had an issue with my dogs Super Chewer box toys and once the issue was addressed with customer service, they promptly took care of the issue and issued new toys as well as customized his upcoming boxes. The toys in the boxes are great as well and my dog seems to like them.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Customer service was the worst and then my box coming literally at the end of the month right before I get charged again for the next box but that’s cool. I was offered a replacement box. Never heard anything else about it and no response after asking what I wanted - a charge free month in august or another box shipped. Unprofessional and not communicative.

Hi Lisa and Kali!

Thanks for your feedback here! We're really sorry to hear about your experience with us this month! That's certainly not the type experience that we intend on bringing you both and we'd love to help out here! A member of our team will be reaching out privately to help!

Original review: July 29, 2020

This subscription has been great to try new toys and chew toys with Spencer and she enjoys them all as well as the treats, I’m just happy she’s happy. Thank you so much for the experience and helping me keep her from chewing on my things too lol!

Super Chewer Company Information