2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Sentry Pet Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Almost immediately after putting this on my 6yr old very healthy 29lb dog she started to get very sick. Very lethargic, vomiting. Within days she turned into a complete zombie. We have taken her to the emergency animal hospital and countless vet visits. She is a complete zombie. We may now have to put her down. She’s completely forgotten everything. She has mini stroke like seizure like symptoms. She paces and stares at the walls for hours. She’s lost all control of her Bowels. It’s the most heart breaking thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. Do not get this for your dog.

Original review: July 27, 2020

This brand should be removed from production! Do not buy it! And if you do don’t put it on your pet! If you have, cut it off right away! I bought this from a well known chain pet*****, and it’s not their fault. They sell pet products. I blame Sentry company itself! How dare they produce a product like this! They say all natural! Ha! Yeah right! That’s a load of bull! I put this on my to healthy cats and immediately they started acting strange. I thought “Of course they are acting strange, cats don’t like restrictions “. So I gave it no thought.

The next next morning they were still acting strange. Tonight (24 hours later) I saw they were becoming reclusive and would almost not come to get treats! I then did some research and found many people with bad results. I saw where one person's pet died! So I cut mine off immediately. It is now 30 minutes later and my cats are already acting better. If I save one pet's life by getting to not buy this product I will be very happy. Someone should sue Sentry for production of such a product! PLEASE REMOVE THE PRODUCT NOW IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PUT ON YOUR PET!???

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 11, 2020

My dog had an adverse reaction to this product. She became extremely itchy and agitated. She was unable to sleep and kept jerking awake. Despite two baths the symptoms lasted about 12 hours. She is okay now but it was very scary at the time. The nice thing was that they have a free medical line you can call and speak to a vet or vet tech. Unfortunately I didn't know about it until her episode had ended. When I called the customer service and medical staff were very kind and were able to explain the reaction.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Within a couple of hours of putting this on my 20 lb Dachshund he exhibited signs of having a mini stroke (TIA). He was agitated and pacing, head was lilting to one side, and he was stumbling all over the place. I immediately had to start poison control. 5 mg of **, 20 mg of **, and several baths with blue Dawn dish liquid. I took him to the vet after he was still experiencing the head lilting after 12 hours of treatment and he stated that this is way too high of a dose of the active ingredients, ** and Pyriproxyfen. Treatment was for dogs between 15 and 33 lbs. All this and this was not much cheaper than the Nextguard chewables that I normally get. Will never use this product or recommend it. Pay the little bit extra for the security in knowing that your beloved pet won't die.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Have used this product in the past with no issues. After not using in the winter, I applied to my dog for the upcoming spring. We had a normal, fun and active day. Within a half hour of putting this poison on my dog, she started limping, falling over and yelping in pain. Went to ER and they could only recommend washing it off with dawn soap. Spent another 6 hours at the vet and although vitals and bloodwork is normal, she is still having a severe nervous system reaction to this product. She yelps in pain all night with little use of her hind legs. Going on day two and she’s still not better. Started anti inflammatories to help with the pain. Mortified, heart broken and praying she will recover from this. Will only use all natural after reading all these reviews.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

After using this product on three cats and one dog, all seem to have more fleas than when treated. And when I checked to see who the five star reviews are, three out of five had terrible experiences and one of them just said, “we were one of the lucky ones”. Terrible products....

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I put this product on a healthy cat that had a few fleas, within a couple of days my cat was infested with fleas. I went from seeing only 1 or 2 on her (is why I used this product) to being covered with them (even had tiny ones trying to get in her eyes when bathing this product off). I was worried when she started to get weak and was going to take her to the vet today but I was too late, my fault for not staying with my normal brand, and she passed last night. Please save yourself from the heartache and stay away from this product. I will never again wander from my normal product again (Frontline). I hope my review is falls in the guidelines so as to be published because I do not want anyone to go through this.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I just noticed my cat's oozing, bleeding wounds around his neck from their collar. And when I say around I mean AROUND. It's not a sore or two. It's one continuous wound. The collar was literally covered in blood and flesh on the other side, almost like it grew into him, except it didn't because it wasn't tight enough. I followed the directions correctly, I bought the right weight.... I have a vet appointment in an hour. I'm guessing it's going to cost me $500 or more to have him treated. He's a big guy too.... close to 30lbs, it's not like he is some dainty, fragile cat. These collars should not exist.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I bought the Purrscriptions flea collar for cats and in her correct weight range. Upon opening it the smell of the collar gagged me, and it was slimy to the touch. That should have been a red flag for me. It did nothing to prevent or repel fleas, and the collar burned her neck. She is now raw, and missing about 3 inches in width and from ear to ear on the underside of her neck. She has worn several flea collars over the past several years, and never has this happened. I bought this for the first time at TSC because I forgot to grab one for her at Walmart while I was there. So I bought that one because it was the least expensive one they had. Now my cat is sort of skittish, she isn't always loveable so I didn't notice her burn until several weeks of her wearing the darn thing. The guilt and sympathy I feel for her is immense and I can't stop giving her enough treats. Please do not buy this product. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Unfortunately I did not research this product before I bought it. I put it on my 8 year old cat, who is 12 pounds. All night long she was rubbing her neck along the carpet. I woke up to cat fur all over the carpet ! And she had a big bald spot on the back of her neck where we had put the flea drops. Her neck was oily and greasy too. I did the best I could to get the product off of her. This product needs to be recalled!

Sentry Pet Products Company Information