2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Sentry Pet Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sentry Pet Products?

Original review: June 10, 2019

While visiting my local TSC store I spoke with a sales rep about the Sentry flea and tick collars. Not much help. I decided to purchase a pkg of 2 large collars at $39.98 plus tax. We are not pleased with our purchase, upon opening the collars were very powdery. Once fastened to our dogs they continued to shift/coil. After almost 2 weeks both of our dogs continue to scratch for fleas and we have removed several ticks. I would not recommend this product and say go ahead and spend extra $$ on a better product. Would love my $$ back.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Anyone have any idea how to find/decipher expiration code, if it even exists, on this product? Just a guess at this point - It's probably a masked number, so in the other number, 1056k11, the 105 is probably 105th day on Julian calendar, April 15th. The year? Not sure, guessing 2019 - call the folks at 800-224-7387. Make sure you tell them how idiotic this expiration posting method is, especially as it pertains to the well-being of your beloved pet. You don't see this see this type of encrypted expiration date on human consumption items, why for pets?

Original review: June 6, 2019

I put this on my 16 pound very healthy 9 year old cat. 4 days later she had to be down for neurological issues. I 100% blame this stuff. It’s poison and should not be on the shelves. I am heartbroken and beyond words.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I purchased the Sentry PurrScriptions Plus and in short, my precious furbaby is now gone. I so wish I would have read the reviews prior to purchase and my furbaby may still be here! I can't prove that's what it was, but that was the only thing different (and very coincidental) for my previously healthy 4 year old Siamese. This product NEEDS TO BE PULLED OFF THE SHELVES!!!!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Bought the ointment for our two white shepherds and put in their neck and back as instructed. Problem is... it doesn’t work. After three weeks, our outside dogs are covered with ticks every day. Female sleeps on porch and everyday there are one or two fully engorged ticks that drop off her onto porch. Of course we have stepped on them by mistake and tracked into house. Both dogs regularly have ticks on their eyes and face. Pretty crappy product!!! Never buy again!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I wish I could have reviewed this product in the store before purchase. I bought the indoor formula for 2 of our cats and another regular formula for our other cat. Within 30 mins. of applying the drops we had to bathe all three cats. They were drooling and acting very strange. My outdoor cat was scratching at the area and trying to hide. This is a horrible product and I am returning to the pet store today to attempt to get them to pull it from their shelves. I'm so glad I bought a different product for our dog so she wasn't harmed. Do not buy this product for your pets.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I apply this to my dog on 5/3/19 and within 24 hours his skin was on fire and burning uncontrollably. He was whining and running through the house pacing and panting. His skin was bright red. I gave him three baths using Dawn dish detergent which still didn’t stop the burning. I placed aloe on the burn spots. I gave him something to help him sleep. At this point nothing is working. He is pacing uncontrollably! This is a HORRIBLE PRODUCT!!!! My dog is suffering!!!! NEVER BUY THIS!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

This was our first time buying flea and tick meds from the store and not the vet, worst mistake I could have made! The next day after applying the topical treatment my 16 month old Blue Pit starting itching so badly that he is balding in spots! He won't play, go outside or even sleep. A very playful and energetic puppy is now depressed looking and has no motivation to do anything! Worst product, sad thing is I always look at reviews and this time because I didn't my baby is suffering! ZERO stars, apparently it's mandatory that I put at least one. This company should be ashamed!

Original review: April 1, 2019

This product caused my cat 3 burns on her neck. If I knew this product was not accredited I would not have bought it. I was advised not to buy certain product from my vet so I steered clear of that product. I purchased Sentry dual collar from a respectable pet store. They need to pull this product out of store shelves. With all the complaints I wish I reviewed Sentry before putting the collar on my cat. I feel so bad for her; not knowing she was suffering.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Well I always used a flea collar on my stray cat I adopted into my home. Gave him a bath and then put Sentry flea and tick product on him as preventative. I did it correctly but it just wouldnt dry. The next day still not dry and cat was itching...hair was falling out. I washed off remaining product that was wet on his fur. Been over a week and scabs on neck, dry skin, and what looks like discoloration (yellow) of skin. It is as if it burned my baby. This cat did better outside than in my car. First time cat owner and feel bad for my Mischa. Will never again use any of these products. Hope one is more smart than me and reads reviews before using. Sorry for everyone's lose due to this chemical. God bless those innocent animals. This company should be banned.

Sentry Pet Products Company Information