4.6(27)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Pettable

Pettable provides emotional support animal (ESA) resources and online dog training. ESA letters may be requested by a landlord to have the animal at home. Pettable connects you to a licensed therapist to evaluate your situation and approve or deny an ESA letter. If you are denied, Pettable refunds your entire purchase price. Pettable also offers online dog training tools and resources.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Quick turnaround
  • Vetted provider network
  • 100% money-back guarantee
Cons
  • Can be costly
  • Must be renewed

What is Pettable?

Pettable provides documentation for an emotional support animal (ESA). ESA letters are provided by mental health professionals to validate your ESA and may be needed by landlords, adoption or rescue professionals. Pettable works with vetted clinicians who screen pet owners and provide ESA letters. It also offers psychiatric service dog training and online dog training resources.

How does Pettable work?

Pettable offers free pre-screening services to start. The rest of the process is done in about three steps.

• Step one: Payment is submitted, and then a team member reaches out within 24 hours to book the consultation. Forms you sign include HIPAA disclosures, consent to telehealth and consent to terms of service.
  • Step two: After forms are signed, you receive a scheduling link. This gives scheduling flexibility and matches you up with a therapist in your state.
  • Step three: At the end of your consultation, the therapist will approve or deny your ESA letter request. If approved, a letter will be issued—sometimes within 24 hours. If denied, you’ll receive a full refund.

An ESA letter can cover up to two animals. If you’re a resident of Arkansas, California or Montana, state law requires you to establish a client-provider relationship for at least 30 days before qualifying for an ESA letter.

Landlords in Montana can also request supporting information about a tenant's need for a support animal, which requires a licensed medical health professional to identify the emotional need the animal relieves. However, the landlord cannot require information about the tenant's diagnosis. The tenant is still responsible for any damage to the property or injury of other tenants.

How much does Pettable cost?

Single ESA letter pricing starts at $149. This is for one letter that gives you the right to keep an emotional support animal under the Fair Housing Act (FHA) regardless of landlord rules or housing policies. For you to receive your letter within 24 hours, the cost is $199. A single Pettable letter covers up to two animals, provided the therapist approves both pets. If you are seeking an ESA for three or more animals, this requires an additional letter, which can be purchased as an add-on.

If you aren’t approved for an ESA letter or your landlord does not accept the letter after filing a complaint with HUD, Pettable refunds your entire purchase amount.

Pettable FAQ

How do I apply for an ESA letter from Pettable?

To apply, fill out a brief assessment online to be connected to a therapist. After a therapist consultation, you’ll be approved or denied for an ESA letter.

Where is Pettable available?

Pettable is available nationwide. Your state may have laws or stipulations, so be sure to ask your Pettable therapist what those are.

How long does it take to get an ESA letter with Pettable?

After your consultation and approval, you’ll receive an ESA letter within 24 hours if you choose the express option at checkout.

Does Pettable have a guarantee?

Yes. If you are denied a letter for any reason, Pettable will refund your total purchase amount.

Is Pettable legit?

Pettable is a legitimate ESA letter and dog training company. It offers ESA approval and letter turnaround in as little as 24 hours — and sometimes quicker. It also offers psychiatric service dog training plans and online training dog courses. If you’re looking for an official ESA letter for housing or personal reasons, Pettable is a reputable company you may benefit from.

Stars Rating

• 85%
  • 0%
  • 4%
  • 7%
  • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pettable?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pettable?

Reviewed July 16, 2024

When looking into the process of applying for the Emotional Support paperwork, I was concerned about the potential difficulties involved. After using this format, I can’t say enough about the professional and thorough assistance and guidance that I received. It was so easy and yet considerate of my needs. My doctor assigned to me was very engaged but careful to be certain that I was a candidate for the undertaking. Thank you again for making what could have been a nerve racking application into one that has brought me relief and gratitude!

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your review! We're delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with our service. It's wonderful to know that our professional and thorough assistance eased your concerns and that the process was considerate of your needs.

We're especially pleased that your assigned doctor was both engaged and diligent in ensuring you were a suitable candidate. Your relief and gratitude mean a lot to us, and we're glad we could make the application process smooth and stress-free for you.

Once again, thank you for choosing Pettable for your ESA needs!

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

StaffProcess

Reviewed July 4, 2024

I believe it was a good idea and that many people should use this service! Our furry friends help get us through and we should not be separated. The therapist I spoke with was very nice and understanding about my situation and made the process very easy. I will most definitely be using this service again in the future and hopefully no opposing bills or laws will challenge this!

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We're delighted to hear that you found our service beneficial and that your therapist was nice and understanding. It's wonderful to know that the process was easy for you.

We agree that our furry friends play a crucial role in our lives, and we’re committed to ensuring that they can stay by your side. We appreciate your support and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Pettable!

Reviewed July 2, 2024

I was super anxious about the interview but I was nervous about the practitioner being judgmental. Marcy ** was who I consulted with and they were magnificent. I got an invoice for an additional fee because my apartment requested verification forms and it took me a few days to pay, Marcy did not harass me for it. Very accommodating. Amazing simple phone interview. Comforting staff and helpful technical support.

Hi Antonia,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to hear that Marcy provided a magnificent and non-judgmental consultation, helping to ease your anxiety.

We appreciate your understanding regarding the additional fee for the verification forms and are pleased to know that our team was accommodating and supportive throughout the process. Your positive feedback about our staff and technical support means a lot to us.

If you have any further needs or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help! Thank you for trusting Pettable for your ESA needs!

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Holly, the LCSW who wrote my letter, was, in a word, awesome. An obviously very compassionate and caring person, she went above and beyond my expectations. She wrote a good letter supporting my application to have my cats classified as emotional-support animals and, when PetScreener.com insisted on additional information, she added to the letter to make it acceptable. Again, I cannot say enough good things about Holly, specifically, and Pettable, in general, for connecting me with her. Thank you!

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're glad to hear that our clinician exceeded your expectations with her compassion and dedication. It's great to know she provided a strong letter supporting your application and went above and beyond to ensure it met PetScreener.com’s requirements.

Your kind words about Holly and our team are greatly appreciated. We’re delighted to have connected you with her and to have played a part in helping your cats be classified as emotional support animals. Thank you for trusting Pettable for your ESA needs!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

Ok, So I'm just getting around to doing this review after a yr. So sorry! But I am here now. If you are wanting to travel with your fur baby companion, PETTABLE it is. I was so skeptical at first! But if I was willing to pay the airline 125 each way to take my baby with me everytime I traveled, Then I can take a chance on this.... AND it was money back guarantee. Win win! My Kash calms me. (That is my baby's name.) He really helps with my anxiety. He knows when I get anxious. He is the sweetest boy.

I trained Kash tailored to my needs with the help of Pettable. He did great. So smart. He passed and we got our certificate. He has traveled a total of 7x now since. No issues with any airline, even when we had to switch airlines in the middle of a layover. They merely asked to see his certificate (not another DOT form) Luckily I keep that ready on my phone. And just like that, went from Southwest to Delta. Easy peasy. So, yes.... it's works. Like Nike.... JUST DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Pinned

Hi Malakia! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, even after a year! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Pettable.

We're glad that you decided to give us a chance and that your decision has worked out so well for you and Kash. It's wonderful to know that he helps with your anxiety and is such a sweet companion.

Your kind words and recommendation mean a lot to us. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help! Thank you for choosing Pettable!

Reviewed July 18, 2024

Being new to the whole experience, the online site was easy to manage and navigate throughout the whole process. They were prompt to respond whether it being an email, text, or phone call. The certified psychologist was real attentive to your needs and questions. Overall, it has been a great experience and helpful in many ways!

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We're delighted to hear that our website was easy to navigate and that we were prompt in responding to your emails, texts, and phone calls. It's wonderful to know that the certified psychologist was attentive to your needs and questions.

We're glad to have been helpful in many ways and appreciate your kind words. Once again, thank you for trusting Pettable for your ESA needs!

Reviewed July 17, 2024

This is my second time personally using Pettable for my ESA letter and I cannot say enough good things about my experience. From the fast response times from the customer care team to the care, detail and resources received from the provider I spoke with. I truly love using Pettable and will continue recommending your service to everyone.

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your heartfelt review and for choosing Pettable once again for your ESA letter! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with our customer care team and the provider you spoke with. Your kind words about our fast response times, care, detail, and resources mean a lot to us.

We greatly appreciate your continued trust and recommendation. Thank you for being a valued member of the Pettable community!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 17, 2024

They did great and responded to my emails promptly. My apartments needed verification through Pet Screening and once they received my forms they needed more information from my Pettable provider. I just had to pay for the forms package after that and they verified everything once they needed more information. Thank you Pettable!

Hi Shelby,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're pleased to hear that we responded to your emails promptly and that we were able to assist with the verification process for your apartment through Pet Screening.

We're glad that everything was verified successfully after you provided the necessary forms package. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate you choosing Pettable!

Reviewed July 16, 2024

I love Pettable and will continue to use it and recommend it to my friends and family. It is easy to get set up and the person who helped me in my interview was kind and responsive when I needed to reschedule. I got sent my paperwork in a timely manner after my meeting. Thanks!

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you love Pettable and will continue to use and recommend our service. It's great to know that you found the setup process easy and that our team was kind and responsive during your interview and rescheduling.

We're glad you received your paperwork promptly after your meeting. Your satisfaction and trust mean a lot to us. Once again, thank you for trusting Pettable for your ESA needs!

Reviewed July 13, 2024

The whole process of scheduling the session and going over my symptoms and treatments was fine. However, after I sent the letter to my landlord, he called to confirm its validity, and I was billed an extra $50. The clinic seems like a machine designed to extract every single penny they can. It’s kinda shady.

Hi Leticia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that the initial process of scheduling your session and discussing your symptoms went well. However, we deeply regret that you had a negative experience with the additional charge for the landlord verification.

We strive to be transparent and fair with our fees, and we apologize if this was not clearly communicated. Please contact our customer support team at support@pettable.com so we can address this issue and work towards a resolution. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we want to ensure that any concerns are properly addressed. Thank you.

Pettable Company Information