3.9/5 (376 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Purina Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Though I have tried other brands of dog food, I always find myself going back to Purina brand. Every store carries this brand and the price and quality are comparable, if not better to other brands.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I've had cats turn their noses up at other name brands, but both of my cats and a few neighborhood visitors seem to love this stuff. I even put a large bowl for raccoons each night, and they come up on my deck (often up to four at a time!) and eat it clean. It's also very reasonably priced.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Purina Pro Plan is an outstanding food. My dog loves it. But most of all, this brand has different stages as your dog. Start with puppy then adult, if your dog gets fat, weight management, sensitive stomach, and focus for senior dogs. All of my dogs have lived long, healthy lives.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The ONLY brand of food my dog will eat is Purina Bright Mind beef and brown rice. I've tried every other kind, even the super expensive ones, but he's very picky and walks away from every other food. So I'm very grateful to have found one thing that he likes. The only other canned food he'll eat is cat food!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My Babies have been on Pro Plan diet for 16 years, their vet is amazed by their appearance, health check A+, NEVER been sick. Beautiful, shiny coats, bright eyes and happy!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Since the new 'improved' recipe I have had to take my cat off AGaiL, Soups and dried food. It was giving all 3 of my cats diarrhea and sickness. As soon as I stopped they improved. So annoying as they only like gravy and few other options especially with the meat texture.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I have been using Purina dog food for my golden retriever since she was a puppy and I really enjoyed how much she loved the food. Once she turned 1 year’s old, I began giving her the adult Purina Pro Plan. Two months ago, she stopped eating her dog food, upon smelling the food we believed it was bad due to the foul smell. We had bought the largest bag at our local pet store and thought maybe they had not gotten rid of the expired bags. One month ago, we had a medium size bag of food. Again, after a week from purchase my dog stopped eating the food. We also began to find maggots around our apartment, with no clue how we could have gotten these insects into our living space.

To our disappointment we eventually found that the maggots were in my dog’s food container and had spread to our kitchen and bedroom where we would feed our dog. We spent hours cleaning our apartment disgusted that she had maggots in her food that had gone unnoticed by us. Even more, we were disgusted that we now had a ton of maggots turning into moths in our apartment. We looked online and the Purina brand comes up with having maggots in food on several occasions. However, we thought this was the best food for our dog, so we kept buying it. We changed to a different local store thinking that would solve the problem. This past week my dog again stopped eating her food and this bag smells fine and is obviously different than the one that previously had maggots.

After multiple attempts to get her to eat it we caved and bought another bag of Purina food. This one was a different flavor and it was the smallest bag at the store. My husband opened it to find it infested with maggots and moths. He closed the bag and took it back to the store furious. Our local Pet Smart stated it is an issue with Purina's manufacturing and packaging. I am still finding maggots and new moths to this day in areas in my kitchen where I do not usually look or use, such as the top food cabinet that I need a chair to get to. We have spent more time trying to eliminate them after the original incident occurred more than 1 month ago. We have found moths in our food packages and this is inexcusable to me. I will never buy Purina food again. The lack of attention to detail and poor hygiene at their place of operation repulses me. No one should have to deal with this and it is a shame that we are still heaping the repercussions of buying your their food.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I have been feeding my two indoor cats Fancy Feast food for over a year now. They like the gravy kind. Well, recently BOTH of my cats got sick because of the food. They started vomiting and had severe diarrhea. I took them to the vet because I thought perhaps they had a virus and $700 later, I realized it was just the Fancy Feast food. How do I know? Well, at first I gave them special food for their digestive track, but as soon as I gave them 1/2 a can of Fancy Feast again, they both started throwing up and had terrible diarrhea again. I thought maybe they were not over the bug. A week later when they were perfectly fine, I gave them Fancy Feast again and voila...they got sick all over again. I now have two boxes of this food and vet bills. They should recall their latest food because it is definitely contaminated.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

If I could rate them 0 stars, I would. I am absolutely disgusted with Purina. Purina is usually the brand of food I use to feed my dog, recently I made a purchase and found maggots inside of the dog food.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I fed my adult cat Fancy Feast for 5 years, but recently her stools became so extremely smelly that a vet trip was necessary. $500 later, I got her home, but the medication didn't work and the problem continued. In desperation I switched her to another brand of food and she has been fine and symptom-free for two weeks. Clearly this issue was a result of a bad batch of Fancy Feast, bought in southern CA in early 2021. Since I can no longer trust Fancy Feast, I'm in search of a better brand.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information