2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

3.9/5 (473 ratings)
Shop Now on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Purina Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I have fed my dogs Beneful wet and dry for years. Anyone who can read can go to Purina website and read about the NATURAL ingredients used. The blood that many of these people talk about in their reviews may be the tomatoes that your dog is regurgitating. Furthermore, It seems like many of these reviews have stated that they are using this food for the first time. Did these people to a transition to the new food or did they just start giving the food to the pet without doing a transition which will cause the animal to have GI upset. GI upset symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea. Purina is an amazing company and their products are top of the line.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Our cat has been on Purina her whole life and she does very well. I have tried other brands of cat food but she did not do well and would end up getting sick to the point that she would throw up. With the Purina Indoor, she has never had a hairball or any other illness.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I originally bought my cat a more traditional Purina cat food. When this one came out it was a little more expensive. However it offered cat food specifically formulated for various cat issues. My car had a hairball issue, so I bought that specific Purina One type. To my delight she loved it. Over time it actually made a difference for her and she coughed up fewer hairballs.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I have fed my dogs and cats many different brands of dry food over the years, but always come back to Purina. When you have barn cats, you don’t want to spend a lot of money on fancy food. My oldest cats died at the ages of 20 and 22, so that says something about the nutritional value of their food. Most of the time I buy large bags of Kit & Kaboodle because they like it the best.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Switching to this cat food made a huge difference in the health and appearance of our cats. They have much more energy, their coats are sleek and shiny, and are all healthier in general. The food is consistently good quality, and the difference it makes is quite noticeable.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I fed my adult cat Fancy Feast for 5 years, but recently her stools became so extremely smelly that a vet trip was necessary. $500 later, I got her home, but the medication didn't work and the problem continued. In desperation I switched her to another brand of food and she has been fine and symptom-free for two weeks. Clearly this issue was a result of a bad batch of Fancy Feast, bought in southern CA in early 2021. Since I can no longer trust Fancy Feast, I'm in search of a better brand.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Purina Friskies needs to stop screwing customers out of pate' by adding 'gravy' for weight to lessen the amount of food! This has been going on since last year! Ripping us off. Times are hard enough these days! And Purina is making it worse by cheating us out of cat food! STOP!!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I decided to switch to Purina Pro Plan dog food from the Petsmart brand Authority dog food because I had heard good things about and my dog's breeder mentioned it. He became very sick, coughing, gagging, vomiting (we thought he had kennel cough). Soon he stopped eating entirely. I’m so glad I realized it was the Purina food poisoning him before something very serious happened. I switched him back immediately (not gradually) to Authority dog food and he was acting normally within a day or two.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

After owning multiple cats over the last 40-plus years between myself and our family I definitely know how to take care of a cat. We decided to purchase recycled newspaper cat litter just for the benefit can't you see how well it would work. Absolutely disastrous experience. The clumps fell apart. It tracked absolutely everywhere, stuck in my cat's fur and was the biggest mess I've ever seen in the last 40 years. I emailed and expressed my concerns and how I felt about their ** product and what do I get back in the mail? A coupon for the exact same product that I told them I couldn't stand! What a joke. The first email I got was nothing but a bunch of random out of the book answers for my comments and questions and the second email was of about the same quality. I will never again purchase a Purina product, moving on!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Foods my animals used to like are now snubbed. If eaten at all, it is a tiny amount. I have tried rotating the products, but when you buy three and four different products and have them all snubbed, there is a problem. I am so tired of throwing food away.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information