2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: July 17, 2020

Our cat has been on Purina her whole life and she does very well. I have tried other brands of cat food but she did not do well and would end up getting sick to the point that she would throw up. With the Purina Indoor, she has never had a hairball or any other illness.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I originally bought my cat a more traditional Purina cat food. When this one came out it was a little more expensive. However it offered cat food specifically formulated for various cat issues. My car had a hairball issue, so I bought that specific Purina One type. To my delight she loved it. Over time it actually made a difference for her and she coughed up fewer hairballs.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I started my cat on this for health concerns and the fact that he is a special needs guy. He has been doing fantastic. It has improved his skin condition. I like the fact that it has soft and crunchy pieces in it. I am extremely happy.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I have fed my dogs and cats many different brands of dry food over the years, but always come back to Purina. When you have barn cats, you don’t want to spend a lot of money on fancy food. My oldest cats died at the ages of 20 and 22, so that says something about the nutritional value of their food. Most of the time I buy large bags of Kit & Kaboodle because they like it the best.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Switching to this cat food made a huge difference in the health and appearance of our cats. They have much more energy, their coats are sleek and shiny, and are all healthier in general. The food is consistently good quality, and the difference it makes is quite noticeable.

Original review: July 13, 2020

My cats were throwing up everywhere and leaving the carpet stained. Now it is very seldom that happens. They seem to be more active and don't eat much. Really would recommend this food for overweight and persnickety eaters.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I like Purina Naturals because there are no dyes, that stuff is bad for our pets and us too! It's also gentler on touchy tummies. My cat does much better with this food. I buy the same brand for my dog.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Because Beyond doesn't include taurine, I do have to supplement with another brand of cat food that contains this amino acid. Also, I have to give the cats plenty of exercise. They love the taste of Beyond and would overeat if I let them.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My kitten just turned 9mo and has been eating this brand with no problems. A new bag that we’ve gotten has her refusing to eat it and when she does it’s given her chronic diarrhea! I’ve switched it up and given her soft food and OTC medication to treat her diarrhea. It gets better and when we go back to this dry food the diarrhea begins all over again. My baby is greedy, so I figured she may be picking up droplets of food in the kitchen that isn’t agreeing with her. But, I’ve kept her in a confined space to treat and care for her diarrhea. The only element in her diet being this food! Thankfully, her personality is continuously playful and she’s staying hydrated but I will not be purchasing this again!!!

Original review: June 6, 2020

I had been feeding him Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice since I got him. I got a bag of the chicken large breed for him and my other dog. I noticed it gave my Boston terrier severe diarrhea so I thought well maybe it’s because it’s puppy food so stopped giving it to her. My doodle started having diarrhea and severe vomiting. He had to stay at the vet and have exploratory surgery but only found stomach irritation and hard stool in colon. They thought he ate something he shouldn’t have. I thought maybe he’s allergic to the chicken as I had read a lot of doodles are so I gave the bag of food to my mom. After two bowls her dog had bloody diarrhea. My dog continued to have stomach issues after this and died a couple months later and the Vet couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him. He was a 7 month old health Goldendoodle. I would sue them if I could prove it was the dog food. I lost my baby boy.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information