Purina Pet Foods

Compare Dog Food

Research top Dog Food recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My cat just finished his bag of Purina one indoor cat, which is my usual choice but I bought the regular version because of a coupon and he has had diarrhea for 5 days, I'm so stressed, it's so nasty because he's a long hair cat so you can imagine how many baths he's had to have. I suspect it's the food now that I see all these recent complaints. Going to email them.

My cat has never had skin problems and my cat and dog eat Purina food. My dog would sometimes eat Mousey's food. Scabs were on both. Dog I have made sure has not eaten Purina indoor cat food and skin problems stopped. Mousey's haven't. Has there been any changes in ingredients in last 6 months? I gave him taste of the Wild and he has not scratched today hardly any. Used this product ten yrs. I'm taking him to the vet again and he is 11 and worried giving ** to him. ** isn't working either. I haven't changed detergents, anything. I'm gonna really upset if I find out if it's different ingredients and my baby boy has suffered for months. I'm taking samples of the scabs stuck on skin and hair tomorrow and the lady that opened the bag of Purina hairball food and moths... yes infested with moths!!! I'm highly disgusted. I've paid so much money in Purina, I should have blue chip stocks. I want answers.

I had a kennel and I raised show Terriers. I have fed Purina Pro Plan for twenty years. Healthy dogs - good coats and teeth. I have a small rescue now that was in terrible shape when I got her. I feed her Pro Plan Focus for small dogs. She looks great and is in good health. Many people that show and compete their dogs feed Pro Plan.

Last night I opened a brand new bag of Purina One Hairball Control cat food and it was completely infested with moths. It was absolutely disgusting. I recently bought this bag at Petco in Plantation, Florida. I spent $15 on this bag and had to throw the whole thing away. I'm reading other people's cats have gotten sick from moth infested food - this makes me feel sick! I didn't return the bag to Petco because I didn't want to risk moths getting loose and infesting my car. I'm hoping I killed all the ones that escaped from the bag because I do not want our home infested as well. I've read these moths are hard to get rid of. I've written Purina Customer Service and email, but have not heard back yet. I just wanted to encourage everyone to check their food as soon as they open it and say something if something is wrong!

My husband bought the "Purina Beneful Baked Delights Stars" dog treats for our dogs. They each had about 2-3 star treats and their regular daily food (Rachel Ray brand) that has never caused them any problems. The next day they both had bloody diarrhea. We took them to the ER (which was expensive) and they had high fevers and were dehydrated. We were told that if the symptoms continue for more than 3 days then it could be something serious. I don't know if this was just a bad batch but I will never buy any Purina products again. I'm hoping my little guys recover from this soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

We used all the stages of their puppy food, then dog food when my baby got to be an adult dog. Their ingredients are good and Fudgie loves the food. In his later years, we have him on the diet control–weight control and he loves it and he lost weight from their food. I recommend their food to anyone who has an older baby (dog) and whose vet told them to put their dog on a diet like ours did. Your dog will lose weight. He will also love the taste, like my dog!

I buy Purina SmartBlend for both my labs. They like the lamb and rice formula the best. You can buy it most anywhere. They are 10 years old and are fairly active. They have tried several other Purina blends but this is a healthy balance for them. They like the smaller bite of food. It is well balanced with protein and vitamins needed for larger dogs. I have not had any weight problems while feeding them this brand.

I have small, medium and large dogs. Purina small bites fits the bill for all of them. I don't have to buy 3 different kinds of food. All my dogs like the taste. No one has any digestive problems with it and all have a clean bill of health. I mix this with canned Purina Alpo food and all tags are wagging. The prices are a bonus, too. I would recommend these products to anyone looking for good quality food for their furry family members at a very fair price.

Purina One Smartblend. Used the puppy choice until my dog turned 2. My dog seemed to like it. Now I've switched to the non-puppy choices. Tried 3 different flavors and she doesn't eat them unless I mix in canned food.

I use Purina One for my dogs because not only do I want the best for my dogs but I believe it's the best that is available in the grocery stores. It has the best ingredients for your dogs. Fresh chicken, lamb, salmon, bison are some of the meats that are available to you as well as fresh vegetables. My dogs love it and it is good for them too. You don't have to worry about what your pets are eating when you give them Purina One. You can rest assured they have had the best!

Purchased a large bag of the puppy pro plan dog food from PetSmart and after about a week discovered that it was infested with bugs. Food was stored indoors in an airtight container from time of purchase, so bugs were in there when we bought it. I decided to post in the Purina Facebook page with a photo and then realized that there were many other people posting about the same Issue. Purina has yet to take action and is blaming it on their warehouses.

A few days ago I bought this product from the Family Dollar store. I went back to urge them to pull it from inventory. It made all my cats ill; actually it poisoned them. They went into vomiting spells and have been listless & without appetite since eating it. I bought a high quality Iams kibble for them the next day & they vomited that up. One of my cats acts like she's dying. I mailed Purina right away & have heard nothing from them. I'm weighing a suit. Be advised my country cats do not have fragile constitutions or weak stomachs: they eat venison, pizza & perch-fresh caught from the river. Deli-Cat is dangerous & should be recalled.

I have twice entered the proper codes on the purina pet perks website and both times have failed. Earlier this month (12, 2016) I made a phone call to resolve the issue. What a pain in the butt! Today, 12/28/2016 I tried to enter another code and received the message INVALID CODE, so I called them again and was told the pet perks department was closed until Jan, 3rd. So I will not be able to receive the maximum of 6000 points this month. There is no way I am going to call them every month in an attempt to get my points. Which by the way it will take 10 months of entering codes to get 1 free bag of cat food. It's not worth the effort. I perceive the pet perks program is throwing so many obstacles in the way so as not to make good on the promises of their program. I would encourage you to find another brand of pet food as I am going to do in order to show Purina that they suck.

Purina One Smart Blend Dog Food - My 3 medium size dogs were switched to the Chicken & Rice Formula 3 months ago from a more expensive brand that I had been buying. They seemed to adjust okay until this last bag which I've been purchasing at Walmart. The bag appears to be lighter in weight and noticed large sponge like morsels. My dogs are now refusing it to eat it, I figured maybe they were just not hungry enough so I'd save it for the next go around. Then I noticed that my dogs are not acting as spunky, shaky and having diarrhea. When I called the number listed on the bag and ask if they changed something in the ingredients they denied any change and said that the food is 100% nutritious if they ate it all. After reading all the negative reviews I am definitely getting them off this food.

I purchased a brand new bag of Purina indoor Cat Chow. My cats are strictly indoor pets. Upon feeding my cats the Purina, my old 7 year old cat got diarrhea later in the day and my youngest 1 year old cat began vomiting. After vomiting he became lethargic and tried eating again later in the day, and threw up again. It was then I realized it was the food, Purina made my cats sick. I had to take him in for care and hand force feed him kitty milk with a dropper until he began to eat again. I'm banning All Purina brands. I'm lucky my little cat pulled through his ordeal.

I have had three dogs over the last 10 years on Purina Pro Plan. In all cases, the dogs have enjoyed their food and had healthy lives. Two were eventually put down due to age-related issues. However, the variety seems to have diminished and the availability, at least at PetSmart and Petco. My remaining dog eats canned wet food in the morning and dry in the evening and I had one occasion where I had to use another brand, which he turned his nose up at.

My Maggie was recently diagnosed with Kidney problems and her food was changed to Purina pro plan vet formula. She is doing great with the new food and I'd thriving. The ingredients are geared to her Kidney function and performance. It is a quality dog food and she loves the taste!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company. The food used to be good. I have only fed my 2 year old Rottweiler Purina proplan sensitive skin and stomach since new born cause that's what the breeder fed and recommended. Never gave him treats or other food because he has always had a sensitive stomach and ANY other food except his main food would give him diarrhea. These last few months my dog slowly started having problems with, horrible gas, bloated, ear aches, shaking of head, hair dry and falling out, sporadic diarrhea, lethargicness, and stiffness. We've been to the vets many times in these last few months. He has been put on many different medications. When I inquired with Purina, their response was, yes the recipe had changed in June but only slightly and should not have had any effect on my dog. Then they offered to send me some coupons for more of their products.

I think they should advise people of ANY changes made to their recipes so the consumer is aware. Knowing would have saved me costly vet bills and medicating my dog unnecessarily. I have switched his food to CANIDAE dry dog food. He is doing SOOO MUCH better!! He is alert, active, playful, hair is coming back, less gassy, (he is still acclimating to new food all at once). It's all good and getting better now. My brother had recommended this food and after doing research it seems to be the best. It's more than I can afford but after the cost with the vet bills, it's worth it.

My dogs love this Purina Pro Plan Weight Control! Their hair is shiny and soft, and it keeps them energized and looking fantastic! They are six years old and they are active and lively and shiny and beautiful! I think it is is the best food we have ever tried, and for sure we will be using it forever!

I know that it is this wet food from Purina that has messed my dog's belly up. We only give it as a rare treat and three weeks ago that's exactly what we did and instantly he had diarrhea and is still three weeks later with very loose bowel movements and whines because his belly isn't well. My next step if it doesn't stop today is a trip to the vet... Thanks Purina! Never again!

This is his third bag of Pro Plan sensitive skin and stomach and he seems to pick at his food. His coat is shinier but that seems to be the only difference I see. I may have to search for something that will agree with him. The food is costly and not helping his stomach or skin issues.

I switched my dogs from Iams to Purina One about eight months ago. After my daughter moved out the dogs started to exhibit some depressed behavior and dandruff like flaking of their skin. Their hair started to fall out and leave big bare spots. I first attributed it to depression, but I soon learned that it could be their dog food so I changed them to Purina One Sensitive Systems and their skin has improved and they both seem happier. No more bare spots.

I have been buying Purina Puppy Chow for my small dogs since 2008. They have small mouths and can't chew the adult dog food. Last night I bought a new bag of dog food and fed my Pomeranian. Today I came home and she is dead. No puncture wounds or blood just a discharge coming from her bottom. She was perfectly fine last night before she ate. I'm heartbroken and my kids will be too. She was healthy and spunky yesterday. I don't understand what's wrong.

I have been feeding Purina products for years without incident until lately. First the Goat Chow I was feeding was Purina sweet feed the newer one with natural vitamins and $19.99 a bag and Purina Grower 16 because it had the stuff for wethered goats to prevent urinary calculi. TO MY HORRORS I FOUND METAL PIECES IN THE FEED. I called Tractor Supply where I bought the feed and was told there wasn't any recalls but to bring it back for a refund or new bags. I gave the METAL pieces to them and received a refund for the 6 bags of feed. I didn't know which bag it came from and I definitely wasn't going to buy more bags. The pieces I found the goats wouldn't eat they were about the size of a dime. Thank God they didn't eat them but the pieces broke apart when I touched them so I was worried sick because how many tiny pieces did they eat.

My animals are my babies (family), my best friends. Also they are just 6.5 and 7 month old Nigerian dwarfs. I have 6 of them wethered and a doeling. I am appalled at this. They thank god are fine but I will never buy another Purina product ever... Purina call line got me nowhere other than this sometimes happens little pieces come off the mixing machines... WHAT are you kidding me… hello my babies are eating your machines. Not in my lifetime ever. As for the Cat Chow Complete my cats are all rescues have been eating Cat Chow for years and recently I have noticed some throwing up not thinking it's the food. I have raised cats for years and yes they throw up occasionally hair balls and undigested food until I started reading blogs about other cats throwing up their food and other severe problems from the Purina food. I love my pets and thought I was feeding healthy food… it's not cheap food – either 17.00 or 22 pounds.

I believed Purina cared about animals not only the almighty dollar. I researched more and found more complaints. Also one cat developed asthma... never had it before. Now she's on **. I have stopped all Purina products and can only hope and pray it's not too late. The vet says time will tell. My question is why are we allowed to be lied to. Why is "it happens", acceptable... and why are the inspectors just warning Purina. I gave the metal pieces to Tractor Supply so they could send them to Purina in Harrisburg but I did take pictures of them. Doesn't anybody care anymore. All these blogs aren't getting results. Animals are dying. Made in the USA doesn't tell you that the ingredients are coming from overseas. They’re just mixed in the USA. Remember the melamine in the dog's food from ingredients from China. Recalls after recalls and still our animals are dying.

I don't have the answer. I do know I will tell everyone not to buy Purina products and maybe we hurt their pocket books and bottom line enough they would do something… probably not. They would find another way to lie to us. They seem to forget we the consumer built their company up. I trusted them. Shame on me for believing them and not researching. My babies seem okay for the moment. Time will tell. Thank you for reading this and I hope it helps save other pets.

Recently, I found Purina Complete Adult dog food in the light green packing. I always read the ingredients of any dog food I intend to buy for my dogs. I always make sure there are no BHA nor any similar ingredients. Purina Complete Adult has a variety of tastes for my dogs and they instantly liked it. Especially, when I mix it with a little broth, beef or chicken. And, it is reasonably priced. Not expensive, at all.

AVOID THIS FOOD PURINA JOINT AND MOBILITY - My baby dislocated both knees a few months back. After going to our vet they told us to give him this food. Before this he had been on Taste of The Wild for years and had no medical problems. 1st few weeks we switched over while he was on pain meds. I didn't think much about it because all the meds said they could upset the stomach. After getting off the meds we noticed 1st stool of the day was mostly firm 2nd stool was like playdoh. Everyday it was like this. Then we noticed he was licking his paw then biting his paw. (Hotspot) Then the head toss like his ears hurt. (Long hair. Checked the ears they were ok.) Then the wheezing and sneezing.

After over a month his now has had a Uti and he has started butt scooting nonstop. He cries all day. He is nippy (has never been that way.) Nothing was helping. Stupid me I didn't look at what was in the crap I was feeding him. So after much searching I found all these reviews and felt sick. $100 for dog food to cost me another god only know how much to fix all these problems. DO NOT BUY THIS FOOD! I trusted my vet I have for 3 years. After calling the vet (we live 40 mins away now) they told me it "Could be" a food allergy but it was rare. Rare my dog's itchy backside... How can they even sell this?? I will be contacting Purina in the morning (little hope) to see if I can get anything back on the food that almost killed my dog!

We have a Maltese/Shi. Had skin problems with other dog food. Finally put her on Beyond white meat chicken dry food and no more problems. However, I only need a small bag at a time and all stores except Target don't carry the smaller bag. I would recommend this to everyone.

This food made my cats go into liver failure! As soon as I stopped feeding my cats this food they started getting better 2-3 days later! This food should be taken off shelves and Purina naturals as well!!! Do not feed this to your cats! It was recalled once already and should be recalled again and taken off shelves. If you love your pet do not feed them this food!!! My cats almost died eating this.

I also have been feeding my cat Fancy Feast for years. She loves it. Lately some flavors are turning red like blood if out for a while. I thought the cat was bleeding. I called Purina and got some half a dollar word for the problem about air causing the red. He said do not give her the food cause it is dangerous. I asked if this meant do not use their product and how am I supposed to feed her if I do not open the can. He said he would send me coupons. I am not interested in coupons. I am afraid to give her the food now. Only certain flavors do this, I have pictures but I can only send them to a phone number. It looks exactly like blood in the food. Please help me because they seem like they are not interested in the problem and there definitely is a problem. They did not take the upc code or can info. That is not proper company concern procedure. I am very upset with them.

If you love your pets, DO NOT let them eat Purina brand foods. All of my indoor, otherwise healthy cats ALL got sick at the same time after eating Purina Friskies. Right now one female is extremely sick, and I don't know if she's going to make it. The other 3 are sick, vomiting, won't eat, or will barely eat. Where's the FDA now? This poison shouldn't be allowed to be sold ANYWHERE!

Purina Pet Foods Company Profile