2. Pets

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Purina Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: July 17, 2020

Our cat has been on Purina her whole life and she does very well. I have tried other brands of cat food but she did not do well and would end up getting sick to the point that she would throw up. With the Purina Indoor, she has never had a hairball or any other illness.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I originally bought my cat a more traditional Purina cat food. When this one came out it was a little more expensive. However it offered cat food specifically formulated for various cat issues. My car had a hairball issue, so I bought that specific Purina One type. To my delight she loved it. Over time it actually made a difference for her and she coughed up fewer hairballs.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I started my cat on this for health concerns and the fact that he is a special needs guy. He has been doing fantastic. It has improved his skin condition. I like the fact that it has soft and crunchy pieces in it. I am extremely happy.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I have fed my dogs and cats many different brands of dry food over the years, but always come back to Purina. When you have barn cats, you don’t want to spend a lot of money on fancy food. My oldest cats died at the ages of 20 and 22, so that says something about the nutritional value of their food. Most of the time I buy large bags of Kit & Kaboodle because they like it the best.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Switching to this cat food made a huge difference in the health and appearance of our cats. They have much more energy, their coats are sleek and shiny, and are all healthier in general. The food is consistently good quality, and the difference it makes is quite noticeable.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My 3 cats have been eating Friskies canned cat food for many years. This week, they twice in one day refused to eat the pate placed in front of them. These cats never turn down food. Also, they vomit on a regular basis. Online reports have been posted of cats becoming ill on Lots 1157 and 1159. My food is Lot 1159. Stopped feeding this immediately but all 3 cats still acting lethargic and ill. If your cat is ill and eating Friskies, I recommend you discontinue the Friskies immediately.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Purina abruptly stopped manufacturing a version of their dry cat food without warning. Most people with an average IQ know that you cannot switch a domestic animal's food abruptly. All 3 of my cats are sick and will barely eat. My 14-year cat has been vomiting and refusing to eat. I spoke to Purina customer service and they do not have a care in the world. They are a disgusting excuse for a pet food company and do not care about the animals.

Original review: July 13, 2020

My cats were throwing up everywhere and leaving the carpet stained. Now it is very seldom that happens. They seem to be more active and don't eat much. Really would recommend this food for overweight and persnickety eaters.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I like Purina Naturals because there are no dyes, that stuff is bad for our pets and us too! It's also gentler on touchy tummies. My cat does much better with this food. I buy the same brand for my dog.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Because Beyond doesn't include taurine, I do have to supplement with another brand of cat food that contains this amino acid. Also, I have to give the cats plenty of exercise. They love the taste of Beyond and would overeat if I let them.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information