2.9/5 (3136 ratings)
Find a Dog Food partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Purina Pet Foods

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Purina Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purina Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Though I have tried other brands of dog food, I always find myself going back to Purina brand. Every store carries this brand and the price and quality are comparable, if not better to other brands.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I've had cats turn their noses up at other name brands, but both of my cats and a few neighborhood visitors seem to love this stuff. I even put a large bowl for raccoons each night, and they come up on my deck (often up to four at a time!) and eat it clean. It's also very reasonably priced.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Purina Pro Plan is an outstanding food. My dog loves it. But most of all, this brand has different stages as your dog. Start with puppy then adult, if your dog gets fat, weight management, sensitive stomach, and focus for senior dogs. All of my dogs have lived long, healthy lives.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The ONLY brand of food my dog will eat is Purina Bright Mind beef and brown rice. I've tried every other kind, even the super expensive ones, but he's very picky and walks away from every other food. So I'm very grateful to have found one thing that he likes. The only other canned food he'll eat is cat food!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My Babies have been on Pro Plan diet for 16 years, their vet is amazed by their appearance, health check A+, NEVER been sick. Beautiful, shiny coats, bright eyes and happy!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I have used Purina One hairball formula for years. I recently noticed sewer flies in the area so after a thorough cleaning I thought it would be a good idea to pour the food into an airtight container. As soon as I opened the bag these little black moths were flying out! I then went to the pet store to buy more food and the salesperson told me that they had many complaints about moths in Purina One. I also came here and saw other people had posted. I will never buy Purina One again, I can only imagine what their mfg plant looks like. So sad they obviously don't care.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

After purchasing (24 count) 4 pallets of Fancy feast salmon pate, my cat began to lose weight, not eat and became lethargic. I took him to our veterinarian and he had high levels of calcium. The vet asked if I have been giving him supplements and I said no. Excess vitamin D can cause high levels of calcium. I decided to take him off of the Fancy feast and would give him anything he would eat at this point - Meow mix, not the best, but he eats it up. Amazingly he is 99% better and gaining weight back. Today I take him for his follow up appt and bloodwork. If his calcium levels are normal, then Purina should take this into consideration - you may have too much vitamin D in it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I feed Gravy Lovers as a method to give my cats their daily **. It is the only reason they get it at all. Today I found a long white larva in the can. I tossed the whole can. Now I am concerned about the other cans in that case. I emailed Purina and sent them photos.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

We had to take run our cat to the Gainesville Emergency animal clinic. She stopped eating, throwing up and was totally lethargic, we thought she was going to die. We spent over $1000 and ended up bringing her home with special food. Slowly she started getting better. We then got two more cats and bought expensive food for the kitten and better food for the stray. Later we switched to Friskies pate food for all of them. The cats got diarrhea and started throwing up. We thought they caught something and took them to the vet. Hundreds of dollars later, the cats were still throwing up and one had horrible diarrhea. Back to the vet. We somehow looked up friskies pate on the web and consumers affairs. To our horror, a LOT of people were having this problem and purina knows about it.

They do nothing except say it is not true. Also, it is just not the pate food, but other food as well. I wish we could all sue Purina for all the pain they have caused everyone with some even losing their pets. We have switched away from Purina and the cats are fine, no more throw up, diarrhea and refusing to eat. We will never buy Purina again in any form, maybe they can take their big profit and pay us all back for our expensive vet bills and losing our pets. What a loser company.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Since the new 'improved' recipe I have had to take my cat off AGaiL, Soups and dried food. It was giving all 3 of my cats diarrhea and sickness. As soon as I stopped they improved. So annoying as they only like gravy and few other options especially with the meat texture.

Purina Pet Foods Company Information