3.81/5

Looking for a pet store?

Looking for a pet store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

PetSmart Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I went to the Catonsville Maryland PetSmart located on Baltimore National Pike. My groomer was Kenny. Great people skills and he's a very good groomer. My dog was comfortable. He had to cut my dog down very low because he was matted but my dog experience no problems or major irritations of any kind. I will be returning to to this location. Kenny has good people skills and treated my baby Shaka like family. The price was affordable and the location had ample parking and friendly staff.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

On 8-29-2019, I visited PetSmart in East Greenbush NY. Its mailing addresses is Rensselaer. I was looking for a particular brand and type of food for my dog, a yorkie, that we feed her. I was having trouble finding the product I was interested in. An employee by the name of Erica saw this and asked if I needed help, which I did. She checked the shelves with me and she to could not find the product. She then checked the back stockroom, no avail. She then called several other stores to see if they had the item I wanted. They did not. She then searched to see what the store offered that was similar to what we were using and advised me of a product that was close to it.

She was very helpful in helping me as well as patient with, and acted truly concerned, as to helping me meet my needs. I was extremely impressed with her treatment of me as a customer and her desire to assist me in making my visit to the store and helping me meet my needs. When I went to check out, the line to do so had numerous people in it. She immediately went to a closed register and proceeded to check out customers. Customer service like this will keep me and others coming back to this store. My receipt number is **.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 23, 2019

I didn't see this issue anywhere online regarding the PetSmart's Online store. There is a promotion running for Treats members where free shipping is offered for orders over $49 (before Taxes). In the promotion details it states that this discount is reflected in the Order Summary (after you have submitted the purchase.. go figure...). However in my experience, that didn't happen. Order summary showed a shipping charge and the pending charge for my bank showed the same total amount. This was for an order in June 2019.

I sent an email to PetSmart's customer service and got a reply a few hours later. Apparently what happened was a glitch (no details provided, not that I needed to know since the issue was on their end and their business to fix whatever defects in their software) and that they would be refunding the shipping charge. So as of now, I am awaiting that refund. Summary: Had an issue, I reached out, customer service responded accordingly. Just submitted this in case anyone else experienced the same. Giving 5 stars since as a developer I understand software isn't always perfect 100% of the time and got a quick response.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I go to PetSmart when I know exactly I want. I have two elderly dogs, and three young cats. One dog and two cats require specialty food that I either buy at PetSmart or order through chewy.com. The products are always available at both places. Hours are convenient at PetSmart, and delivery of pet food is usually between one and two days at chewy.com. There is very little personal service at PetSmart, so I don't go to gain knowledge about pet food, harnesses versus leashes, or treats. I can read online reviews at chewy.com, and I do before I buy a particular product. The reviews are very helpful in determining how to meet pet needs that are outside veterinarian care.

I have gone to three different independent pet food stores in Austin. While service clerks tried to be helpful, they were not as informative as chewy.com reviews. They also did not carry the specialty dog and cat foods that three of my pets require. I do prefer to shop local and independent businesses. I have chronic back pain, so having big bags of dry food and cases of canned food delivered to my door by chewy.com is a really valuable service. They are also very fast to process an order; typically, not more than one or two days. Otherwise, I don't buy grocery items online.

Original review: March 17, 2019

PetSmart has a wide variety of goods but might consider adding dog treats free of preservatives that are crunchy and not gummy for daily use. Their recommendations were for a gummy treat that definitely doesn't help tartar build-up. When shopping for a simple acrylic sweater, I only found a wide assortment of coats for our dog. She needed an acrylic sweater for indoor use, for the chilly nights just after a clipping. Dog food is another area of wide choices, but few with all-natural ingredients. It's a nice atmosphere, well-planned with good staff but the choices could include the non-standard fare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Basically, I was denied services, told if I did not leave the store -the police would be called on me at the Pet Smart in West Covina, CA... I am ** male, the other customer was a ** male and was not asked to leave the store.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have now had TWO very disappointing experiences at the PetSmart in Ward parkway-- specifically the grooming department. Two weeks ago I scheduled a grooming appointment for my cat at 9am. I called a few days before to confirm the appointment and the time; when I arrived I was informed that they had my appointment time at 1:30. The cat groomer was not even there. Rather than leave my cat I rescheduled my appointment for this morning at 7am. I called last week to confirm my appointment for today.

We arrived at 7am and I was told it would take about 4 hours. When I returned at 10:40 I was informed that the cat groomer had not even come in yet. My cat was left in her carrier for 3 1/2 hours. No one bothered to call me. They called the manager who was not readily available. I was very upset so I did not wait and brought my cat home. I proceeded to call the manager. She informed me that they had the appointment time at 9am. I explained to her that this is the second time that this has happened. Once is a life lesson-- twice is a mistake!!! I go to this pet smart at least once a month to buy cat food, but after these experiences I will NEVER go to that PetSmart in Ward Parkway again!!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I want to start off this review by stating my experience with the grooming department from this location, I was there bright and early Sunday morning and was poorly treated by a staff member in the grooming department by the name of **. I initially made contact with Jade in the grooming department while she was not busy with another customer or doing anything else, she set me aside not just once, but twice to help other customers who came in after I did. When another worker of the grooming department came in, she handed me off to him to finish checking in my Chinese shar pei.

I was then told that my dog's eye boogers were contagious and would get other dogs sick, I told ** that my dog is not sick or contagious and that they were just eye boogers, you know the same eye boogers she herself would get after a late night of partying, anyways. She denied my dog of their grooming service and I went to another establishment.

Quite simple. Don't go here for grooming services, they seem to only want to treat cute little doggies that wake up apparently according to her, pretty and not contagious. Go somewhere else. **, learn how to treat customers. 11/10/2019 9 AM appointment for Nala my Chinese Shar Pei. Petsmart,1935 N Campus Ave

Upland, CA 91786.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

*Received poor customer service from this location regarding the experience with one of the groomers. Earlier in the year, February, my dog had a seizure at this facility after Years of service with Petsmart. I Chose to give Petsmart the benefit of the doubt and continue service. On more than one occasion the employees at this location began to exhibit discriminant behavior, and further make it difficult for me to have regular service without warranted personal observations. The store manager today attempted to force my dog to have express service with due to his own perception even after being both cleared from Banfield, and personal vet.

The (personal) opinion from this store manager was given after a simple request to reduce his water intake and only accepted after one of the employees suggested that I allow the dog to do express for this one time occurrence. The manager also mentioned that I was free to go somewhere else. I was not aware that there would be an additional charge and inconvenience surrounding this concern.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I was recently at my local PetSmart shopping for our new bunnies when my son wanted to see the kittens and cats. We went where they were in their cages and noticed all 12 or so of them were sleeping. Immediately I thought it was strange. My son called to me as he was trying to wake one up and he said, "mom, I think this one is dead!" I went over and we nudged this cat 2 to 3 times. Any normal cat would not have to be nudged to wake up. He finally woke up, but acted drunk and couldn't keep his eyes open and his head fell back down and his eyes closed. I couldn't even get one of the kittens awake. I had every intention of inquiring about what we saw, but it slipped my mind with all my kids commotion and buying bunny items. I am calling tomorrow and reporting this immediately. Those cats and kittens were most definitely drugged/sedated.

PetSmart Company Information