3.5/5 (5062 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About PetSmart

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: May 17, 2022

I order and they sent to wrong address and I never received order and I call and was promised a new order would be sent and then they lied and refused to sent replacement order and going refund me. They can't be trusted.

Original review: March 26, 2022

My family adopted a 13 weeks old chocolate lab that we named Harley Davidson. We enrolled Harley in the Pet Smart puppy school; but, the first week was postponed by the trainer, Harvey, due to inclement weather. So, our first training class was when our puppy was 14 weeks old. Harley is truly a puppy: excited by everything, loving and playful. And, teething. Harvey seemed frustrated by Harley from the beginning. In fact, he commented, in front of the class, that we should have enrolled Harley earlier. Both my husband and I said - simultaneously - that "we just got him".

We tried the class for three weeks and things just got worse. Finally, in the third week, Harvey used some kind of dog repellant (pepper spray) on Harley, which, we found out, was against Pet Smart policy. We reported the issue and were advised that Harvey was very popular. Nothing was done. Pet Smart said that the cameras in the store don't really work so they couldn't confirm what actions were taken. "So sorry." They refunded our money and have been sending us copious amounts of coupons for our trouble.

Did I mention that my family is ** and the other families in the program were **. This store has an awful training program and Harvey the trainer is horrible. He has no patience and uses harmful tactics - Pet Smart will say they don't condone the bad practices but will not do anything to prevent them either. You're risking your dog's mental health enrolling in a Pet Smart training program.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Sheila W. Washington, DC. I just love going to this PetSmart. I have been shopping here since I adopted my first Rottie, Angel in 2002. The first people I met at that time were Lidia, Tammy and Sharella who is in grooming. Angel was my first dog in my adult life so I knew very little. Both Tammy and Lidia took care of that aspect walking me through all that was needed and Sharella walked me through her grooming needs. I felt like part of their family and vice versa. I shop here all of the time and take my newest member, Tina for grooming. Zoe now grooms Tina with such care and love that we both are tickled pink with how beautiful she looks when I pick her up. Johnny is superb as the District Manager. He is so personable, knowledgeable and has such an excellent rapport with his staff.

I love everything about this PetSmart and I must because I live in DC and drive at least 30 minutes to shop and have my fur baby groomed here. I even took my friend to have her dog groomed by Seth. My friend was so pleased and outdone to see how handsome Papa Bear looked after his grooming. The groomers are awesome and so helpful even if they are not scheduled to groom your dog. The time, love and advice that they give is so well received and much needed for those of us who lack knowledge and the necessary needs for our pets' grooming. I find myself spending at least 20 or 30 minutes extra in the store because I feel so welcomed and they are just my other family away from home.

I don't know all of the names of the staff here but I must mention those that where I do know the names. I am forever grateful to them for their help, answering my questions, making such excellent suggestions and treating me with such superb customer service, professionalism and so much LOVE, With that being said, Tina and I would like to send THANKS AND SHOUT OUTS TO: Johnny, Tammy, Lidia, Erik, Alex, Gianne, Jasmin, Cecilia, Rosa, Seth and Zoe. You all make this store AWESOME and you definitely make me want to continue coming back for more. I love you all. Please forgive me for not knowing everyone's name and possibly having some incorrect spellings. GREAT JOB GIRLS AND GUYS! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the LOVE! Sheila **

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

owNEW. Went to Petsmart on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo New York to get my puppy a haircut. I told the groomer Tricia to cut everything but his tail and the hair on the top of his head behind his eyes. I even had a clip in his hair just in case she needed it clipped while grooming him. I repeated myself to her probably 10 times. I repeated myself so much they looked at me like OK!! There was also another Groomer who overheard Me repeat myself and I’m like.. I’m just making sure that you do as I ask. I go to pick up my puppy whose hair I have been growing since birth he’s about to be 1 Feb 19. All of his hair was cut an inch from his eyes. Curl in his tail GONE!! She listened to nothing I said NOTHING!! when I went back in there to confront her she said not one word no apology no nothing. Her attitude was unacceptable And unprofessional. She did a horrible job on his haircut.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

WHERE'S MY ** MONEY!!!! I placed a online order on 12/31. Had to unfortunately cancel the same day because they were going to send the wrong item. Did everything I'm supposed to do. Have called customer service and the store numerous times and I've yet to receive my refund. Lousy customer service in terms of no one knows what to do to correct this situation. False promises and I'm still waiting for my $165.00 almost two weeks now. I don't think I'm ever going to receive it! My best advice stay far away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

LOL set up an appointment online for the FREE exam... The call me the week of the appointment to say the appointment I scheduled cannot be honored due to doctor being out of office. They offer to reschedule for a time when the free exam coupon has EXPIRED!!! I was skeptical when I saw the offer of a free exam and now I see I was correct. LOL PetSmart... Just lost a customer forever.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I brought in a dog that has a double coat while she was heavily shedding. It's just that time of year and I didn't have time to wash and dry her myself so I was willing to pay someone else to do it. When I got there, they saw that she had an undercoat and warned me that they might shave her. I told them that they couldn't shave any part of her that wasn't a sanitary area because it would damage her top coat. They got really annoyed with me, even after I told them that if they really found a mat in a non sanitary area, that I would work on it at home. They warned me that pulling on mats close to the skin could hurt her but looked disgusted when I said that I knew all that because I have worked for a groomer before. At home, I would make time to slowly work on it and I knew for a fact that none of her tangles or mats were close to the skin, especially in her non sanitary spots because I check those every day.

She did have a tiny mat or thick tangle near her front leg, but it was at the end of her fur, not near the skin, and I should have trimmed that off before I got there because it would have taken like two seconds. It was on one of her longer pieces of fur and considered she is a long haired dog, she wouldn't have even noticed me trimming it off. I guess it got all wrapped up in the wind while she was playing.

Anyway, they got mad at me and took my dog to the back. I'd like to mention that no one talked to my dog the entire time I was there. I understand that they work with dogs all day but so does every vet I've ever gone to and every grooming service I've seen or worked for before and they always talk to the pet. I was dismissed by the receptionist sitting down and just not looking at me again until I asked if I needed to talk to a higher up about the shaving thing. I thought I needed to talk to someone else because the lady who dragged my dog to the back was very angry and she said she needed to talk to someone (whose name I don't recall), so what else was I supposed to think? She said I didn't and I could go.

I spent the next couple hours fuming and stressed. I was mostly fuming because I was stressed to be honest. I was worried they'd shave my dog despite what I said. I was also worried they would mistreat my dog because they were mad at me. I was really fired up about it because you can be rude to me, whatever.... but don't harm my dog and don't shave her top coat because it takes ages for it to grow back for her breed, if it grows back at all, and it usually grows back wonky. I feel like I shouldn't have had to have been that worried about my dog but nothing in their behavior suggested that I shouldn't be worried. I thought about going back and just getting her back several times but I had to drop her off on my lunch break and couldn't get out of work.

When they called to tell me she was ready, they nervously told me that they couldn't grind her nails because she hated it. The nail grinding is part of one of their packages that had conditioner and teeth brushing, I honestly couldn't have cared less about the nail grinding lol. I told them that was perfectly fine and if she hated it, then she hated it. It's all good.

I went up and got her and thankfully her top coat wasn't shaved. Her sanitary area also wasn't shaved, which I thought was odd because she has A LOT of fur on her haunches and I said they could shave her sanitary area if they needed and they had been really worked up about her just existing with an undercoat... but she looked great and I was so relieved that she looked unharmed. She was super ready to leave but I was too so we went.

After I got home, I found that they shaved the spot that had a mat like a full two inches away from her skin that was like the size of a dime near her front leg. The spot was covered by all her other hair from her back and they shaved about an inch and a half stripe for a dime sized tangle that was dangling at the very end of her fur. I honestly feel like they did that just to spite me.

Maybe they thought I was being a Karen because I wasn't willing to let them shave my whole dog just because she has a double coat. I was firm in my tone because I had to leave her there with them and I asked if I needed to see a higher up because the lady walked away WITH MY DOG and said that she needed to tell someone about this. She said a name that I don't remember but... like... she was mad, pulling my dog behind her, and said she was going to go talk to someone. What else was I supposed to think?

Anyway, they did a good job with my dog's grooming other than spitefully shaving a strip of her fur. I'm not that mad that they shaved the strip because it's covered by the rest of her coat, so if it grows in wonky, it's just a little spot. I am annoyed that they shaved that spot when it could have easily been snipped off far away from my dog's skin... and heck it would have been far from her whole leg, if they just snipped it with scissors, but to be fair, I should have done that at home.

I will never ever be returning to that location for grooming. They were rude, which is normally whatever for me but they were alone with my dog and I was forced to worry about her safety for the entire last half of my work shift. Also, they're clearly spiteful so I still can't rest assured that I worried for nothing because it's not like my dog can tell me if they yelled at her, hit her, or any of that just because I told them not to shave her top coat.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I ordered three gift cards online on December 8. The funds were taken from my account right away, but I have not received the gift cards. They are Christmas gifts. I called customer service three times and finally got through. Absolutely no help. The representative clearly was using a “script” to answer my questions. The representative used my confirmation number (the only number I received and only one email) to check my order and told me exactly what I already read myself - in process. She also informed me that the only way to track an order is to “pay” for tracking, which apparently was an option when I made the purchase. Seriously. I was also told that the orders are sent via FedEx and then given to USPS for delivery.

After reading many reviews, I anticipate that I will not get the cards that I paid for and that I will not get my money. With that said, I will have to plan to file a “fraud” case with my bank - something many people end up doing because of their individual experiences with PetSmart.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Terrible shipping. Box taped poorly. Too much in one box. Cat litter broken box. Litter spilled out on carpet. Delayed first shipment from Beginning of Nov. This box is a mess. It is the second box Fedex?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

HORRIFIC experience!!! My doodles not had their ear completely shaved off!!! This is gonna take 9-12 months to grow back!! Everyone there was rude, especially the manager when I called to complain. She told me there was “no such thing as a longer doodle face”! What!!!! Their own employee used those words at drop off when asking if we wanted the same cut as last time with a 5 blade and longer doodle face!! And my poor mini doodle also had his entire face shaved down. We are traumatized. The dogs were boy strange after arriving home... I got a call around 3:30 to come pick only one of them up because he had gotten out of his kennel and they didn't want to put him back in there!!! They said they were almost done with the other dog but when my husband arrived, he had to wait until past 5!!!! The whole experience was just awful. Stay away from this place at all costs.

PetSmart Company Information