2. Pets

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We visit one of two PetSmart stores in our area. One is on Tatum and Shea and the other is on 92nd Street and Shea. Stores are always clean and well-maintained. The employees and staff there are delightful, always willing to help. We usually bring our dogs there, and each time they're offered a treat. They do enjoy going there. We have done training there in the past, although I find it mediocre At best. They also offer Veterinary Services, although the vets that are there do not usually stay very long.

Prices are mid-range. Most of the items you can get less expensive on Amazon. Most if not all of the animal toys are made in China, which is something that we have always avoided after having an incident with toys from China that killed our dog. I do love the fact that they have a number of rescue shelters coming in for pet adoption. Overall it is a clean place with nice employees and it's a great place to go to if I need something and cannot wait to get it online.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Petsmart is a great pet store. You can take your pet with you so you can get their opinion on this you are buying. They have water bowls if they get thirsty while you shop and they give them treats while you shop too. They have a wide variety of everything you could want for your pet and the prices range from bargain to more expensive so it can fit in everyone's budget. Their staff is very knowledgeable about pets and the products they have and are ready to answer any questions you may have. They mainly have products for dogs and cats but they also offer lots of products for a multitude of other types of pets as well. They have some live pets available for purchase in store all of the time and on lots of times on Saturdays they have adoptions from rescues there for you to find your fur baby.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I shop here regularly, we currently have 5 cats. Staff is friendly. On many occasions recently my go to products are not in stock - example a cat water fountain filter, then the medium size bag of the food my cats like. This place used to be the best value and now I find Iams cat food is cheaper at Canadian Tire. I guess despite friendly staff and a great atmosphere it is disappointing when you go in to get your regular items and they are out of stock. With both the filter and now the medium bag of cat food I have been told they probably won't be getting more, if it has been a while since I saw it, (despite the signage and an empty shelf) and then all of a sudden the product returns. The store needs to be able to keep stock and wouldn't it be nice if staff could actually check if they have ordered the out of stock item rather than just telling us they must not be carrying it anymore.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Since I only go there for bird stuff, ie. cat litter for the bird's cage. I rarely buy seed there as they only carry up to 5 lb. bags. I really need 20 lb. bags or loose seed get your own. I know of nowhere around here that carries it. It's a better selection than Walmart, but further away, twice as far to go. Good selection of fish. No cats or dogs for sale? The Vienna Virginia one had them. I don't like that people bring their dogs in, but it's Petsmart and that's one of the things that they're well known for. Going to the groomer is one thing, being all over the store is another. I am not comfortable with that. I don't see people bringing in their cats. Can you imagine cats and dogs in the store at the same time?! Not good.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

On 8-29-2019, I visited PetSmart in East Greenbush NY. Its mailing addresses is Rensselaer. I was looking for a particular brand and type of food for my dog, a yorkie, that we feed her. I was having trouble finding the product I was interested in. An employee by the name of Erica saw this and asked if I needed help, which I did. She checked the shelves with me and she to could not find the product. She then checked the back stockroom, no avail. She then called several other stores to see if they had the item I wanted. They did not. She then searched to see what the store offered that was similar to what we were using and advised me of a product that was close to it.

She was very helpful in helping me as well as patient with, and acted truly concerned, as to helping me meet my needs. I was extremely impressed with her treatment of me as a customer and her desire to assist me in making my visit to the store and helping me meet my needs. When I went to check out, the line to do so had numerous people in it. She immediately went to a closed register and proceeded to check out customers. Customer service like this will keep me and others coming back to this store. My receipt number is **.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Brought my dog in to have her nails trimmed. We had an appointment. I requested grinding - not clipping. We have been doing grinding since the first time here. When they brought her back out one of her nails was damaged. They had used the clippers and split a nail. They said "we're very sorry, but we are very busy and forgot to use the grinder. Her nail should heal up and we will do a better job next time". There cannot be another time. My dog shakes and whines will not enter the store even to go shopping. I will never use their grooming services again.

Original review: June 14, 2020

PetSmart used to be our place of choice for our dog grooming. The service has been hit or miss, but the prices have skyrocketed. We had been quoted and have paid $89 - 102 for a Top Dog with Furminator (just a shampoo, we're told), but the last two times we picked him up, we were billed $150. This was for the same amount of time as the earlier lower priced groomings which discounts the claim that there was more work involved this time. PetSmart began this price gouging over the past year and I can no longer recommend or use PetSmart with these practices.

Original review: April 28, 2020

My 9.5 year old dog was groomed at PetSmart 4 days ago. I dropped her off, but went back before she was ready, so I could watch some of the grooming through the glass window. The groomer yelled at her and ripped the comb through her fur. My dog was screaming and in a cowering position. My dog is still shaking and disturbed by the experience.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Their customer service dept. never answered a telephone call 1/30/2020. Their fax number doesn't work. You cannot get in touch with their Phoenix Office and they never answered my Certified Letter to Mr. Michael Massey who was listed as CEO. (USPS Tracking No. **). The 3 mo. old dragon purchased was sick when purchased & brought to an Exotic Clinic - asking for reimbursement.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Been taking my dogs to PetSmart grooming for over 14 years. Drop dog off one day, come back and the bill is $150.. What???? It’s usually $85 to $95, manager tells me he was really bad. My dog is a house dog that only goes out to do his business. Now I am blocked from booking a appointment on phone app, have to call and talk with manager to book a grooming appointment. Manager tells me she can only book with a bather now not a real groomer???? I guess they don’t need my business or care about 10 year plus loyal customers. Just a heads up make sure you get price upfront before leaving your pet... Good Luck.

PetSmart Company Information