3.5/5 (5068 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About PetSmart

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Today, August 21, 2022, I left my dog for about 5 hours at the PetSmart on Route 10 in East Hanover. When we picked him up, his bottomless completely saturated with Pee. We were told that the saturation was “just a little happy pee” from seeing me and my wife. We have experienced “happy pee” with our Dog and this clearly was not the case. My guess is that he was ignored and allowed to sit in his own urine for hours. I am sure I am not the first to have a negative experience with the Pet Daycare and someone has to look at the overall purpose of this Daycare as they are clearly not providing the service that they are charging consumers for.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Avoid PetSmart! Terrible customer service. Screwing around with prescription dog food order. Details follow. I placed a reorder for prescription dog food in early July. The online order asked for the prescription (even though it was a reorder) and it would not upload (tried from two computers from two different places). I called and was assured I didn’t need to upload it since it was on file. A week later I received an email telling me the order was on hold pending a prescription. I emailed it and called again. The representative said he released the order for shipping and Fedex confirmed it.

Today I get an email canceling the order due to lack of prescription and non response from vet!! So I’m trying to figure out how to get the food quickly. The last thing the 12 y/o dog needs is a change in food on top of cancer, heart disease, thyroid and gi issues. I call again and ask why in the world would they do this after confirming with fedex that it had been shipped. The representative tells me it wasn’t cancelled and has no idea why I received the email. I will try to secure the food from somewhere as a backstop and keep monitoring the fedex tracking it. But this is nuts.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2022

This is the third time PetSmart has shipped an order to an address I haven't lived at for three years. I've had some orders delivered to my correct address but I have no way of knowing if it's going to my correct address until the order ships. PetSmart has told me previously they are unable to change the shipping address once the order ships. Every other purchase I have made through PayPal has been shipped correctly except the three from PetSmart. I don't know what their problem is but I'd be very surprised if other PayPal users haven't experienced similar problems. I live in a different city than where the order shipped to and have no way to pick it up. And it is the fault of PetSmart.

Original review: July 5, 2022

The 1st time I went to grooming was for face, feet & fanny $30.00. Picked-up dog paws were very hairy. Groomer Megan said it was a touch-up and for $20.00 more she would do clean paws. Rubbish! 2nd time, full groom. My 9-month-old puppy was returned to me half-shaven. Groomer Megan said he would not hold still. Now, he has been groomed by others many times. Yes, he's hyper because he's a puppy. Could she have someone help her? Couldn't she put peanut butter on a spoon and have him hold still? When I picked him up I asked to speak with her and she wouldn't come out to talk to me. Just horrible!

Original review: June 26, 2022

I ordered two cases of canned cat food and a cardboard scratcher from PetSmart. I do business with PetSmart only because I buy their in store brand of canned cat food, Authority. Otherwise, I would never do business with them again. The box was too big for the product and PetSmart didn't put in any packing paper or cardboard at all so product was loose in box. Of course, then you know when Fed Ex got their hands on it, it went from bad to worse. I took pics but do not see how to post them here. The cans were busted and soupy gross spoiled canned cat food was all over inside of box. I am surprised PetSmart is still in business. They are supposedly sending me a replacement order, however, based on prior experience with PetSmart's replacement orders, I am sure I will most likely have to spend yet more time on the phone with them.

Original review: June 21, 2022

This should be negative one. In Jan 2022, my wife took my dog there for full bath and haircut. There was a long line on that day, she went home and did not make payment. I went back there to the grooming service and front desk asked me to pay at the store cashier. This morning, my wife tried to make another appointment and was told that we did not payment for Jan 2022. I drove to the store and waited at the door of the grooming service more than 30 min. During the waiting, a lady with blue hair served a customer came after me without saying anything like I was not there.

I showed my credit transaction picture to the manager named Lacey. She argued with me that was not grooming service. She worked with another lady in Petsmart and they found no transaction in Jan after I gave them my credit card to verify. I made several purchases in Jan 2022 and they had no record. I had to go home and searched for the receipt. I showed up there again and showed the receipt to Lacey. She looked at the receipt and said "ok..ok" without saying Sorry :-). I asked her to update her record that I already made payment. I doubt that she will do that. I wasted 3 hours because of PetSmart poor management and customer service at the Pet Grooming store. I will not go back again.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I order and they sent to wrong address and I never received order and I call and was promised a new order would be sent and then they lied and refused to sent replacement order and going refund me. They can't be trusted.

Original review: March 26, 2022

My family adopted a 13 weeks old chocolate lab that we named Harley Davidson. We enrolled Harley in the Pet Smart puppy school; but, the first week was postponed by the trainer, Harvey, due to inclement weather. So, our first training class was when our puppy was 14 weeks old. Harley is truly a puppy: excited by everything, loving and playful. And, teething. Harvey seemed frustrated by Harley from the beginning. In fact, he commented, in front of the class, that we should have enrolled Harley earlier. Both my husband and I said - simultaneously - that "we just got him".

We tried the class for three weeks and things just got worse. Finally, in the third week, Harvey used some kind of dog repellant (pepper spray) on Harley, which, we found out, was against Pet Smart policy. We reported the issue and were advised that Harvey was very popular. Nothing was done. Pet Smart said that the cameras in the store don't really work so they couldn't confirm what actions were taken. "So sorry." They refunded our money and have been sending us copious amounts of coupons for our trouble.

Did I mention that my family is ** and the other families in the program were **. This store has an awful training program and Harvey the trainer is horrible. He has no patience and uses harmful tactics - Pet Smart will say they don't condone the bad practices but will not do anything to prevent them either. You're risking your dog's mental health enrolling in a Pet Smart training program.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Sheila W. Washington, DC. I just love going to this PetSmart. I have been shopping here since I adopted my first Rottie, Angel in 2002. The first people I met at that time were Lidia, Tammy and Sharella who is in grooming. Angel was my first dog in my adult life so I knew very little. Both Tammy and Lidia took care of that aspect walking me through all that was needed and Sharella walked me through her grooming needs. I felt like part of their family and vice versa. I shop here all of the time and take my newest member, Tina for grooming. Zoe now grooms Tina with such care and love that we both are tickled pink with how beautiful she looks when I pick her up. Johnny is superb as the District Manager. He is so personable, knowledgeable and has such an excellent rapport with his staff.

I love everything about this PetSmart and I must because I live in DC and drive at least 30 minutes to shop and have my fur baby groomed here. I even took my friend to have her dog groomed by Seth. My friend was so pleased and outdone to see how handsome Papa Bear looked after his grooming. The groomers are awesome and so helpful even if they are not scheduled to groom your dog. The time, love and advice that they give is so well received and much needed for those of us who lack knowledge and the necessary needs for our pets' grooming. I find myself spending at least 20 or 30 minutes extra in the store because I feel so welcomed and they are just my other family away from home.

I don't know all of the names of the staff here but I must mention those that where I do know the names. I am forever grateful to them for their help, answering my questions, making such excellent suggestions and treating me with such superb customer service, professionalism and so much LOVE, With that being said, Tina and I would like to send THANKS AND SHOUT OUTS TO: Johnny, Tammy, Lidia, Erik, Alex, Gianne, Jasmin, Cecilia, Rosa, Seth and Zoe. You all make this store AWESOME and you definitely make me want to continue coming back for more. I love you all. Please forgive me for not knowing everyone's name and possibly having some incorrect spellings. GREAT JOB GIRLS AND GUYS! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the LOVE! Sheila **

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

owNEW. Went to Petsmart on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo New York to get my puppy a haircut. I told the groomer Tricia to cut everything but his tail and the hair on the top of his head behind his eyes. I even had a clip in his hair just in case she needed it clipped while grooming him. I repeated myself to her probably 10 times. I repeated myself so much they looked at me like OK!! There was also another Groomer who overheard Me repeat myself and I’m like.. I’m just making sure that you do as I ask. I go to pick up my puppy whose hair I have been growing since birth he’s about to be 1 Feb 19. All of his hair was cut an inch from his eyes. Curl in his tail GONE!! She listened to nothing I said NOTHING!! when I went back in there to confront her she said not one word no apology no nothing. Her attitude was unacceptable And unprofessional. She did a horrible job on his haircut.

PetSmart Company Information