Find a Pet Stores partner

3. Pet Stores

3.9/5 (1756 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About PetSmart

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

HORRIFIC experience!!! My doodles not had their ear completely shaved off!!! This is gonna take 9-12 months to grow back!! Everyone there was rude, especially the manager when I called to complain. She told me there was “no such thing as a longer doodle face”! What!!!! Their own employee used those words at drop off when asking if we wanted the same cut as last time with a 5 blade and longer doodle face!! And my poor mini doodle also had his entire face shaved down. We are traumatized. The dogs were boy strange after arriving home... I got a call around 3:30 to come pick only one of them up because he had gotten out of his kennel and they didn't want to put him back in there!!! They said they were almost done with the other dog but when my husband arrived, he had to wait until past 5!!!! The whole experience was just awful. Stay away from this place at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered a fluval 407 canister filter on 9/22/21. On the 9/30/21 I entered the tracking number into the Google search bar to find that Fed Ex was delivering my package. I went to the Fed ex website to find out my package was delivered the day prior. I called Fed ex who proceeded to tell me the package was delivered to my old address and to contact PetSmart. I then proceeded to call PetSmart who apologized and told me they would ship me a new filter to the right address. A week later I called to get a update and a tracking number which I did not receive. I was given a reorder number and told it would be expedited to me.

Several days later and still no package I called PetSmart's customer service line once again. This time I was told I would have to contact fed ex myself and that they weren't sending me a replacement after all even though I was told twice it was on the way! 3 weeks and no filter or no resolution and I'm getting blown off by both PetSmart and Fed ex. Basically I've been told although the package was delivered to the wrong address that I'm out of $200+.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Unless you want to endure a nightmare do not return by mail, I had the misfortune of purchasing an invisible fence that wouldn't pair up with additional collar I bought also from PetSmart. I mailed product back and received delivery confirmation September 21 2021. Here it is October 4 2021 and I am still having to contact PetSmart in regards to refund which I know am being told will be in 2-3 business days. This is after 15 emails 2 calls from me and 1 from their staff only to have to rehash story every time and give tracking number each time.

They do not make the process easy for you, this was my first time and last using PetSmart as their staff on the phone are clueless and you are truly at their mercy even when they send you a email stating refund is being processed they still call and say, "Oh we need this or that to complete refund," I have never been so stressed about a refund as this store has made me. I will continue to use local Pet Supplies Plus for all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Every two weeks, religiously I have gone to Petsmart and bought two weeks of supplies. Two weeks ago, I did as usual. On the way home I noticed a horrific smell. I get the bag home, open it up and in the bottom of the bag were maggots and a worm. Some of the food was open. I tried handling it privately, thru direct messages on Twitter. They told me that the management team would respond. I got a canned email. I tried to call the manager mentioned and was put on eternal hold. Zero further efforts on their part. Sadly I won't be back even though it is a huge inconvenience FOR ME. But, clearly they don't care for their customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I bought a aquarium and fish at PetsMart. To my dismay, two of the fish died within the first week; things happen. What I didn't expect to happen was the color of the water change to the color of the two dead fish (yellow/red). Google informed that I bought man-made fish. Petsmart assured me before I bought the Glow Fish, that they were not man-made. Fine. They reimbursed. Now, 4 months later, my pump has gone out on the aquarium, and I find out that there is only a 60 day warranty. How do you make a 60 day warranty on a product that needs to work continuously for life? I don't care about getting refunds and checks in the mail; I would be much more satisfied with quality products.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Booked app. today with Petsmart Ashland KY for 12;15, took pet over. Was ask to show proof of vaccinations which I did then was told have to wait 48 hrs and they didn't even offer to rebook app. This is the most rudest staff in this dept, every time I seem to visit there are always new faces with same attitudes. Very poor service and will not ever return. Really should close this location.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Today I booked an appointment for my dog to be groomed, which she was. The groomer always does a nice job with the cut. I use the same groomer for consistency. Usually, Monday through Thursday, the price for a basic groom is $50. The last time I went to pay, the price was $53. They said they raised the cost. Today, I the cost was $58. When I asked why it was more, the girl said that this week they didn't give the Mon-Thursday discount due to the holiday. I asked what holiday she was referring to. She replied "July 4th". I said, "It's June 27th."

They don't have any prices posted and no one thought to tell me that it was going to be more. I find this a huge problem. Is this how corporate America treats their customers?! They raise the price anytime they want and don't convey it to the public until it is too late? The fact that they don't have any prices posted is concerning. I talked to the manager who apologized but didn't do anything about it. With that, I let her know that it was terrible the way they treat their regular customers and that I would not be using the service again. PetSmart needs to stop pulling the wool over their customers' eyes.

Original review: June 19, 2021

My wife was at Pet Smart today, and the bill was 22.51 and she gave the cashier 23.01. The cashier said would you like to round it off, and, my wife said, not today… So, then she told me that they didn’t have any coins the bank is not sending them any. She then said, you don’t have any nickels or dimes and she said, not. We feel they should reduce the price of the purchase…THIS IS A BREACH OF CONTRACT…

Original review: May 28, 2021

Do not order from Petsmart.com as if you don't receive the merchandize, you are out your money for the order. They will not refund an order that was not received. I've stated many times that I had not received the merchandize. The rep kept on saying the order was delivered and no refund will be given. That's not how an online order is supposed to work. They need to learn from other online retailers on how to handle customer request when an order is not received.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was so excited to have this PetSmart close by with a grooming saloon, but not worth it at all. Do not go to this location to get your dog groomed!! I've taken my dog to couple of different places for grooming but never had this kind of experience. First of all it was hard to get an appointment when I needed, after long wait finally I got an appointment due to one cancellation. I got so excited and took my Doodle for her appointment next day. When I walked in the groomer Jennifer W. checked my puppy and said there are no other problems but she will have to charge extra for the special shampoo since the puppy has some matting and also for the nails and plucking hair from her ears, on top of full package price and will let us know if there would be any extra charges when we pick the puppy up.

She charged us double the price, since my pup really needed the bath and haircut so I didn’t argue and agreed to pay hoping to see my puppy will come out looking clean and beautiful with everything taken care of. I gave her special instructions and told her to keep my puppy’s hair longer at least an inch or more. When I went to pick up my puppy, I was very disappointed, sad, mad and frustrated to see my puppy completely shaved, hair on her ears were completely shortened. She looked horrible and different like a sick puppy, groomer Jennifer didn’t even shave her evenly, her coat looked so terrible and bumpy, neck area, behind the ears was completely shaved like no hair, two back legs looked slimmer than the front legs due to uneven shave. I wish I would have never taken her here. After paying double the price I had terrible experience. I will never take my puppy back to this place again, never ever with the groomer Jennifer W.

PetSmart Company Information