PetSmart

Compare Pet Stores

Research top Pet Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I buy only cat food and it's always a disappointment that the items I am looking for are either no longer available in the store where I shop or they're always out of that item. The cat supplies are limited while dog supplies will take up two aisles. PetSmart discriminates against cat owners by having 75% dog items over the small percentage of other animals. They make the assumption that there are more dog owners than cat owners. Many dog owners also have cats. The "pickings are slim" forcing me to go to a grocery store. I can find cat food cheaper in the grocery store than at PetSmart and items that they are always out of. Customer service is of little help because they don't know if the item has been discontinued or if the store isn't supplying that item anymore. I guess I can't expect them to know those details.

PetSmart is a long drive from where I live and I expect to see the same products I use to be on the shelves as they have been for years. Lately I have been finding that the items I am looking for are no longer being stocked so my trips are more infrequent. I'm thinking about ordering online from another company because PetSmart no longer suits me and the prices are expensive even when on sale. PetSmart isn't as good as it used to be and isn't worth the trip. I find better deals in the grocery store even though the variety of items is limited. I'm thinking of going with Chewy.com instead and give them a try.

Nasty and filthy. Floor looks like it's every been even swept. When I inquired as to why the store was so dirty, an employee who was just standing around stated, "They won't hire anyone to clean." Really? I mean, I could personally go in there and push a broom around for about an hour and do wonders. I called the store and asked for the manager. I got the same response from him. He stated, "We're working on hiring a cleaning crew." Wake up. You need to clean the floor EVERY day. If you value your pet's health, don't dare take them into this filthy place. I spoke also with an employee at Banfield (vet inside PetSmart). She said, "Yeah, there was dog poop on the floor for 3 days and I had to clean it myself." I mean, if you work at a pet store, you should expect to have to clean up some poop every once in a while? Get your employees off their behinds and put them to work.

PetSmart carries a good variety of pets product. Their pricing are comparatively cheaper than Petco. They have a good return policy and they do honor them. The staff knowledge on pet product, depends on who you speak with, is overall adequate. The store also has price match with their PetSmart online product. They do offer specials and coupons often that saves money. The store is clean and organized. The staff are friendly. A good social ground for a short outings with your pet.

PetSmart is another box store, which does not have competitive pricing of goods. The only positive thing about PetSmart is the veterinary service offered through Banfield. They get 5 stars. The grooming services are okay. Online, specials and sale items often have exceptions with are printed in a tiny font at the bottom of the page, often in nearly the same color as the rest of the page and very difficult to read. One doesn't realize that one is not getting the 'sale' price until checkout.

PetSmart sells fairly common pet supplies at premium prices. The stores are clean and staff is sometimes helpful. I received special discount coupons by email. Spot sales are preceded by a price hike, sometimes double the routine price for a sale of 15-25% off and last only the day received. Strange business practice. My dog needed food so I went to local PetSmart and was shocked to discover 6 lb. bags of food had been jacked from 8.99 to 14.99 and in fact, the 6 lb. bag was now officially a 5 lb. bag. I won't be shopping there again. They also don't have quality dog diapers. The kind they sell are double the price of Canadian manufacture and quality is incredibly poor that pads are sold along with the product because they know the diapers are too thin. Crazy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

When I called customer service, they were of no help. 1st person I spoke with didn't even ask my name. 2nd person (a supervisor) said it was my bank's responsibility to release hold on funds, even though I had not purchased anything, because card did not go through 3 times. Because of poor customer service I wanted to cancel the order that went through on my other card. They said they could not. I will not do business with them again. There are many other pet stores with products to sell and better customer service.

I made a reservation for my cat to stay in the hotel located in Chicago on Canal street. I was going out of town and wanted to ensure she was taken of and given her thyroid medication. I expected her to be a little withdrawn as she was in an unfamiliar place. I dropped her off April 19th 2017. I called every day several times a day to check on her. They are poor at record keeping, I was told she hadn't had a bowel movement in days, that was a lie. My sister went to see Roxxie and witnesses her doing it, and informed the worker, however it was not recorded.

I left specific directions on feeding her food and treats, she's a long hair cat and gets hairball treats every day, needless to write they didn't feed her as instructed because it was 4 cans of food left when I left enough for every day! I asked that a pillowcase that had my scent and her toy NOT be removed from the cage, well it was not in cage when I picked her up, her toy was missing also. I was told the pillowcase was being washed. Her toy was mixed with other items on the outside of her cage. I brought my cats bowels from home. She has a raised feeder, when I picked her up the bowels were replaced with DOG bowels!

Let's go to the day I was scheduled to pick her up the 24th. She was due to get a hygiene cut that afternoon. I got a call while in PT, the worker said "I don't want to upset you but Roxxie had a little accident on herself." I asked what happened he said he didn't know exactly but the lady bringing her from the groomer back to her cage noticed the smell. I left physical therapy to get my baby!! I arrive and ask for a supervisor. Nobody is there, I go to back and get my cat. The cage is FILTHY with feces everywhere! You can see her paw prints because she was covered in **! The worker said they tried to clean her but it wouldn't come off!!! I was livid!!

When asked where her carrier was it was so called being washed! Keep in mind this was in the afternoon as I was due to pick her up after PT. Her grooming session was in the AM!!! I got my cat and proceeded to leave and this punk had the nerve to ask me "How are you gonna pay?" I walked out the door. I got home, cleaned my cat up and promised her I would NEVER put her there again!! Now I'm PISSED!!!

The next morning I go in and speak to Ashley who is the PetsHotel leader who had no answers as to what happened. I got the number to corporate and left before I did something to her and Dominic. I also got a copy of the activity chart where they are suppose to document all activity on it, there were missing initials in the boxes for food and treats! I spoke to the salon leader James who informed me that after he groomed my cat they called for someone from the hotel to get my cat!!! HE SAID MY CAT WAS IN HER CARRIER FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF AND NOBODY FROM THE PET HOTEL CAME TO GET HER!!! That's when his worker transported her to the hotel and back to her cage!!! Well, I would ** on myself also if I was in a carrier that long around barking dogs!!!

I called corporate. A few days later the general manager Matt calls me. I'm still upset at this point. He says he will call me back in a couple of days so we can come to a solution. Well, he never called back. I left messages for him no callback, I'm told he was on vacation, out of town or I just missed him! At this point I call corporate again and tell them I want someone other than Matt to call me, lo and behold they pass the message to him and he calls. I was at a funeral. Missed the call. It appears he can't call on his own. He only reaches out when corporate passes the message then when I call he cannot be reached. Today is August 15, and the matter still is NOT resolved!!! This company doesn't care about our pets that we love as family!! They care about money!! Last, when I called corporate again somehow the complaint number had changed!

For several years, I purchased 3 oz Sheba Cat Food cans, by 4 or more cases, monthly. Approximately a year ago, I was informed that you were no longer carrying the cans, and that the manufacture was discontinuing the cans and you would only be able to stock the 2.6 oz Sheba Perfect Portions at a higher price. The nutritional value of the Perfect Portions is not what it is in the cans. Less product, more money. And that, in my opinion, is corporate greed... By the way, yes indeed, the manufacture does still produce the cans.

Also purchased Swheat Scoop, Multi-cat litter... 14 lb bags, $11.49. Now, 12 lb bags at $13.00 per bag. Another case of less product, more money. For several years, I spawned Crown Tail Betta's, spent thousands of dollars in your store on supplies and fish. Sadly I could not get the correct water treatments and food for Betta's and would order this through the local Reef Shop. Since then your quality of Betta's has indeed gone and you charge outrageous amounts for poor quality fish. That being said, I do NOT nor will I patronize PetSmart or Petco. Neither care about the quality of life for our pets and only care about profitability. I know of several people who will no longer patronize your stores. Corporate Greed at its finest.

I purchased PetSmart's Brand, Whisker City Scratch Prevention Tape which should really be called Destruction Tape. I called my local store and discussed that I wanted to use the double sided tape briefly on our new white modern leather couch to give our cats a heads up that the couch is not a scratching post. Our cats showed no interest in the couch and I would have been better off taking the risk than damaging the entire couch with this awful product that does not have proper warnings on the packaging and the sales people have no idea what this tape is capable of doing. I was told to perform a test, it should be fine. I requested two rolls to be held at customer service, spoke with customer service when I picked it up in store and that person told me the same thing and we read the labelling together.

I performed a 24-hour test and the glue did not feel stronger than scotch tape. The glue was light, not sticky and was not pressed against the couch, it came off easily and was less sticky than a name tag. From the test and information on the packaging, there is no way I could ever imagine what was about to happen it was not conveyed by the store manager and salesperson at the checkout counter. In about a week of being on the couch and my cats showing no interest, I took off the tape. The glue consistency 100% changed and was thick gummy and a stronger glue adhesive like a super glue and took off tiny areas of leather like a bikini wax and the glue transferred completely onto the couch leaving shiny glue stripes all over the couch. The glue will not come off and PetSmart conveyed there is nothing that can be done. The glue is now part of the couch which is unimaginable.

PetSmart's Corporate Office thinks there is nothing wrong with a couch being ruined by their products, which is absurd and unacceptable. The packing on the front states: "MEDICAL GRADE ADHESIVE WON'T HARM FABRICS, SCRATCH PREVENTION TAPE, APPLY TRANSPARENT STRIP DIRECTLY ONTO SURFACES. To: *Help store furniture destruction *Help guard houseplants *Help deter unwanted behavior." This product harmed my couch all over. The tape is not transparent. It has left shiny stripes that are now dark and dirty. It caused destruction and took off leather and completely glued the couch. The couch is awful to the touch.

PetSmart’s customer service, claims process and comprehension of a claim is a lesson to all businesses of how you do not want your Corporate Office conveying to employees how to handle a situation and what you do not want your customers to experience. The initial process is flawed. PetSmart lost my claim 4-5 times and each submission requires about a 5 day waiting period. When I finally spoke with customer service to process my claim, there was a lack of understanding of the claim. PetSmart told me I had to pursue and speak with their manufacturer, PetEdge, but PetEdge told me they don't make the product or the Whisker City brand.

On the back of the Whisker City (PetSmart Brand if you google) packing there is a phone number. I called that phone number and they answered, "PetSmart". PetSmart has exercised bad business practices by not taking responsibility for their bad product, the customer is purchasing the PetSmart brand thinking PetSmart will stand behind the products they sell, but PetSmart is doing everything they can to not take responsibility for their destruction product that also does not have the proper disclaimers, warnings and examples that are in no way imaginable to the customer or their sales people. Per PetSmart Corporate Office Customer Service Department, I was to return the used tape and the other unopened container to the store. They did not want me to mail it back to them.

I met with the store manager and spoke to a corporate individual who happened to be visiting the store and I explained the situation, showed them the gummy strong glue consistency that is different than a new role of tape. No one seemed to think what happened could happen. I requested that the visiting individual assist with my claim, but nothing has happened. Customer Service turned the claim over to a third party insurance company called Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. and they advised that I contact Adam ** who would explain how they came to the conclusion that the packaging warns customers, how PetSmart is are not at fault and it is PetEdge's fault because they manufacture the product. I called Adam ** who sets another example of how you should never speak rudely to a customer who was advised to call and where the expectation was set that he would explain the situation.

Instead, Adam laid down the law that he was not going to waste his time speaking to me when a decision has been made and he refused to speak with me and basically hung up on me. I contacted Barb ** and shared the demeaning rude treatment that she set me up for, but there was never any further explanation and PetSmart is not acknowledging the fact that there was no real third party review, they won't allow me to file a proper claim, they won't comment on PetEdge telling me they don't manufacture the product or the brand and they refuse to acknowledge the labeling flaws and damages to my personal property. Their product permanently affixed itself to our couch altering the solid pattern to a glue stripe couch. Anything that comes in contact with it touches a sticky substance and dirt and hair sticks to it.

After many failed attempts to reason with PetSmart's Corporate Customer Service, I emailed and left messages for PetSmart's CEO, Michael Masseya. After calling again, I finally spoke with Sheri in the Corporate Office who relayed, Mr. Masseya doesn't want to speak with me and isn't going to speak with me. This is another example of how you never want to pass on a message to a customer exactly the way it was told to you. In my opinion, when there is a situation and a disgruntled employee requesting to speak with the CEO or someone senior in the corporate office, that department should have someone contact the customer and try to listen and handle the situation appropriately. That did not happen. Apparently, there is a bad corporate culture at PetSmart. PetSmart doesn't seem to care about their brand and from what I have experienced, their focus is "deny", "deny", "deny".

On principle, I will be pursuing the matter. PetSmart sold a product that they should stand behind and protect the customer and not try to hide behind the manufacturer. My receipt states, PetSmart. The product is defective, damaging, changed consistency and does not have proper warnings and the test did not prove to be the same as using the product for one week. Please advise if there is anyone else at the PetSmart's Corporate Office who would like to do the right thing.

Pet Value just gained a new customer for life. I had THE worst customer service experience ever today at PetSmart. Their website says they clip cat nails. No appointment needed. I got there and asked the first employee I saw-a cashier- and she directed me to the grooming area. The very young girl in there bluntly informed me that they don't do cats on weekends. I didn't see anything about that in the website but I can admit maybe I just missed it. HOWEVER--- The cat groomer was there. (If they don't groom cats on weekends then why was she there?) Who informed me bluntly that they don't groom cats on weekends because there are too many dogs and it causes too much havoc. "Ok but there are exactly zero dogs here right now." "Yes we know but you're still going to have to come back during the week."

I work during the week. Her exact words to me then "Well you'll have to figure that out on your own, we can't help you today. " No apology. Not even a hint of respect. Blunt and rude as hell. Horrible customer service. I intend to write a review or contact their mgmt to tell them about this. So after 25 years of being a die hard PetSmart customer I will never shop there again. Sat in the parking lot looking for any place that could help me today. Came across Pet Value. Called to ask if I could come in with no appointment. She said yes very happily. So when I got there the manager came to serve me and we went into the grooming room. Normally the owner doesn't go in but because it was a first time thing for both me and Leia she urged me to come watch. That made me feel great. This person cared.

So we talked while she clipped Leia's nails. Helped me fix her collar and harness to correct sizes. Educated me about food, snacks, answered every question. Leia went and hid once her collar was on and the mgr got on the floor to pull her out. Gave me samples of adult food because it's time to transition her. And listened to me tell her about the horrible experience PetSmart. Went to the cash to pay for everything. She refused it. All this today was free. She insisted. I'll be going to PetValue from now on. Just to be clear, I am in Barrie, Ontario. The PetSmart is on Mapleview Dr., the PetValue is BayfieldNorth.

I took my 11 weeks old puppy to PetSmart for grooming last Friday (07.08.2017). It was his first ever bath and light trimming. Before that, I never had a problem of him scratching. After grooming, I've noticed him scratching his ears and would lick his paws after. Then It became so much that he would start crying while scratching not only his ears now. I checked his ears and they smelled terrible and his skin - flaky. Not to forget his left eye is so red and teary. Now I have to observe the ears if they gonna get worst. Definitely NEVER going back to PetSmart for bath & grooming again. I DON'T RECOMMEND it either.

I was told by the cashier that I needed to speak with the manager. Tommy told me that he would not return it without a receipt. I left the store and looked up PetSmart's policy on returns. Their website states that a return without a receipt requires a valid ID, and a store card will be issued for the amount of the item, the lowest sale price. When I returned to the store, I spoke to Tommy once again and showed him the store policy. He then showed me his right to refuse sign. I asked why he was refusing. He stated because there was no way to return my money. I asked “what about the store card policy?” He again stated he was refusing, very rudely and loudly. He gave no explanation, just said, quite inappropriately, with contempt and embarrassing me... “Nice doing business with you.” He yelled that at me. No professionalism and most definitely no manners. I will never return to PetSmart.

When making appointment, at store #0204 Katy Tx confirmed cost of $48 for the grooming salon. Have senior small poodle and for years have brought him to PetSmart. After drop-off, we decided to have teeth brushed for $11. When picked up, cost was $70. Called and was told because I was charged for my own shampoo {hypoallergenic specifically for his allergies,} and they ground his nails {NEVER requested because they splinter}. Always just get clipped. Besides that, his hair cut was not even anywhere. Worse groom ever in the 7 years I have had him. Needless to say, there will not be a second time at this location.

My dog was going to PetSmart since he was 3 months to get him used to the grooming experience. At about 14 months he started showing aggressive behavior. I took him to 2 other groomers and the first thing they asked was has my dog ever been to PetSmart. They both said my dog was traumatized. No one can cut him now without a muzzle. This place is horrible and other groomers recognize a "PetSmart" dog right away. Don't go there. They will hurt your dog.

WARNING!!! Don't take your dog to any Petsmart Grooming Salon if you want to get your dog back in the same way you brought him in. My dog left there and was no longer able to walk. They have a video of the time your dog enters the grooming salon until he leaves... they wouldn't let me view it. Manager and Corporate refuse to respond to letters and calls. Check out other reviews about Petsmart Grooming before you consider taking your dog there... If you love your pet... take him somewhere else.

We only go to this PetSmart when we have to because we dread going there. The staff are not friendly when we arrive and it is impossible to find someone to help us. They always complain about being understaffed and their attitudes are awful. I hate having to give my money to a company who does not value my business.

Today, July 1, 2017 we visited the PetSmart store in Sedalia MO for the first and last time. We picked up a bag of cat food which was priced at $22.99 and on sale for $21.99 a bag. At the check out it rang up for $23.99. When I questioned the pricing the employee just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Don't ask me, I just work here." We said that seems like false advertising and refused to pay and left the store. Last time we will go to PetSmart.

Took my dog to Bridgewater Falls PetSmart and the groomers did an awesome job on my dog. They were so kind and patient with her. The haircut was awesome. Have been going there now for over a year and always same great service. My dog actually looks forward to seeing them. Greets them so happy and always ready to jump on the table herself as soon as she gets there. Highly recommend this location and the girls that work there do a super job.

I had an appointment this morning for 9.30. I walk in, the girl asks if I had an appointment. I said yes & gave her my puppy's name (Cody). She looks in the computer & says "Oh it's for you Lorie, LUCKY YOU". I stand there in shock, when Lorie ** walks up to me, touches Cody & says, "Are you getting him neutered?" I reply, "Well he's a baby, he's only 5 months." She says "Yes, but it will improve his behavior." NOW, I have Cody in my arms, and he's not doing anything to make her think he has a behavior problem, so I said to her, "He does not have a behavior problem, he's a baby." She then asks me "What is he getting done?" I said, "A puppy trim, wash & nails." She said, "Well, if he doesn't let me do it, I don't know what to tell you." (It's the second time Cody is there for a wash & cut). I said to her, "It seems that you do not want to service him, can I have someone else?" She said, "Well if you want someone else, you need to get a new appointment."

The other worker convinces me to let her do it because "she is the best there"(WELL DAMN). I agree to let her do it and walked out. I walked out the door & decided to come back in. I go around the store and got close enough to see what was going on through the side window. Sure enough, SHE'S YANKING THE DOG. Then she walks away from him, goes to the phone, so I walk back into the grooming room and ask her if she was calling me. She says "Yes. I can't do it." Then a manager walks in. She's whispering something to the manager. I said to her, "You were making excuses since I walked in." She huffed and walked away. I told the manager that she was making excuses from the moment I walked in. The manager says "Well if he's not letting her." I then walked into my car.

My Cody was so traumatized, he threw up all over his car seat. I called & filed a report with headquarters. I've call the store 12 times to speak to the store manager & they keep transferring me back to the Grooming department and when I ask to speak to the manager, they hang up on me. THE WORST PETSMART I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!! They need to get some professionals in the grooming department. They have a bunch of high school girls in there, cutting the pet's hair & LORIE ** is a RACIST UNPROFESSIONAL human who picks & chooses who she wants to serve!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!

My dog of 14 years has been on the wellness plan for at least 7 years. Recently he got a very bad infection, he's had one on and off for about 2 years. I believe he had leukemia. The doctors at PetSmart knew how sick he was and didn't tell me. They said he needs flea prevention and recommend that I add it to his wellness plan knowing the whole time that he wasn't going to live much longer. I had no idea what I was agreeing to when I signed it. We had to put him down on June 16th because he stopped eating and drinking. When I called to cancel my plan they told me I owed them $378 remaining on his plan. I can't pay that and I probably won't.

I wrote this letter to Petsmart 6 days ago and no one has responded to my complaint. My name is Pam **. I took my dog, Ruger, in for a bath at 11 am this morning (6/13/17) at the Hiram, Ga location. I left him in the care of your employee Jadan. At 5:00 pm, I called your store and was put on hold for a while so I hung up. I called back 5 minutes later and inquired about Ruger. The young lady answering the phone said "Oh, he's been ready." I told her no one called me and her response was "Oh, I'm sorry." I arrived at the store to pick him up around 5:30 pm. I was informed that Jadan went home at 3 pm.

I inquired why no one called me when he was ready and why Jadan left the store without completing her care of my dog. Again, the response was 'Oh, I'm sorry." At this time, I stated that she should not be allowed any responsibilities with animals as it is apparent that she is completely irresponsible. The young man working stated that she has only been working there for 3 weeks, as if new employees of Petsmart are allowed to be negligent because they are newly hired.

After my experience today, it is apparent that your employees are trained to respond to customer dissatisfaction by simply saying "Oh, I'm sorry." Well, I'm sorry because this response is completely unacceptable. The employee responsible for my dog went home without calling me and letting me know that he was ready for pick up, which resulted in him being there for 6 1/2 hours for a bath. In addition, at least 2 1/2 of those hours, he was left in a cage while the employees there assumed that Jadan had called me because it was her job and her responsibility.

I've been a customer of that store for I know a good year or more. I buy my dog food there and I have my dog groomed there. I can have the dog food delivered to my door from your competitor, but I chose to shop at Petsmart. I can have Ruger groomed at a half of dozen other groomers in the vicinity, but I chose Petsmart. I chose Petsmart because I assume, due to your success, you have professional responsible individuals as employees.

After my experience today, I feel that many employees there have little or no training and are clearly given responsibilities above their capabilities. Employees who handle live animals should know better than to abandoned a little dog in their care in a cage and assume someone else is going to care for it. Jadan's actions today were irresponsible and negligent. I am very disappointed with the grooming service Ruger received today and the apathetic response I received from Petsmart employees. I am questioning my decision to support your store.

We took our Shetland Sheepdog just to be bathed at Petsmart on the East location of Wichita and when we picked him up today he was still wet. The groomer was not personable and said he didn't like the dryer. He has never been fond of the dryer but he has never not been dry from a grooming appointment. She charged 31.00 and he did not even looked brushed out. He couldn't wait to get out of there and pulled my mom towards the car. He hasn't been acting right all day since the appointment. He has been very snappy to everyone in the house and he never acts this way. I am suspecting that he was either scolded severely or been hit while under their care. He has also been very mopey and lethargic and looks very sad.

My mom is furious because you can ruin a sheltie if you mistreat it. I hope he comes out of his mood. He even tried to bite my dad who he never would even try to bite. He is not acting right at all and he was fine before the appointment. I suggest everyone stay clear of PetSmart and their groomers. Once in a while you get one that does a good job but they don't stay working there long. I bet PetSmart is a nightmare to work for. They seem to treat their animals terrible so I would never purchase an animal from their either.

Had wonderful experience with dog obedience classes previously at PetSmart. Took new puppy to a competitor class, ended up being the worst pet store experience of my life. Going back to PetSmart even if it is a longer drive.

9 June 2017: I made an appointment on June 8 to have my dog bathed at PETSMART GROOMING. I was asked at the time if my dog had rabies shots. I replied that she did and they were on file in The PetSmart Store where the grooming was located. She told me that was fine and that "SHE" would call them and get the information before I came. When I arrived for my appointment I was asked about the rabies shot and I told them what I had been told. I was told that "I" had to go and get the information. I told her what I had been told the previous day. I went into the store, waited in line at Banfield Vet Clinic and got the information.

When I gave the information to the girl I told her that I had been "Lied" to the previous day. I was adamant about my comments, and maybe I carried it too far, but the dialogue got worse. I did not use profanity, nor did I make any verbal threats, I just continued to question their honesty based on what I was told on the phone. I asked to speak to the manager. I was told he wouldn't be back until next week, I ask to speak to whomever was acting manager. A lady, called "**" (she REFUSED to give her last name) came in and gruffly asked what was the problem. I told her my side. Long story short I was told by "another employee" (Not sure of name) that I could take my dog and leave.

I asked her if she was the manager, she laughingly replied that she had been manager but was no longer, I asked her what happened, she laughed and said she gave it up so she wouldn't have to "DEAL WITH PEOPLE LIKE ME!" I replied, "Are you refusing to serve me?" She replied "YES". I ask her to put that in writing and she laughed at me and said "NO." The person who was "responsible" for washing my dog said that "she too REFUSED to wash my dog!" I asked for the manager's name. The assistant said "**", I asked his last name, she REFUSED to give it to me. Finally I walked out... WITH MY DIRTY DOG! Of course I won't be going back there or to PetSmart, but I doubt very seriously if they would allow me to be SERVED.

I always thought in America it was illegal to REFUSE SERVICE. Oh, they said that they had the "right" to refuse service. Said it was in "their" policy manual. I asked to see the written policy. One of the employees attempted to get the manual but the "acting" manager said I had NO RIGHT to see their policy that she stated to me. I guess the bottom line is very, very poor customer service. I will admit that I was at least 50% responsible for the argument that ensued. All in all, PETSMART (Dog Grooming) in Newnan, Georgia has a major problem. BEWARE OF PETSMART GROOMING! This is NOT fake... I was there on 9 June 2017 at 2:45 p.m. 1072 Bullsboro Drive, Nenan, GA 30265 Store # 278.

My daughter and I bought a baby fancy bearded dragon and went back following weekend. Petsmart had 2 more fancy bearded dragons in their store. The one was way too little to be up for sale. He could not open his one eye and he was almost see-through. My daughter got pictures and it was very sad. Nobody would address the questions we were asking. Very sad and disappointed.

I scheduled a 12 o'clock appointment got there at 11:50. Was told I was early that the appointments were for one and 2:00. I told the girl that I was on speaker phone and had a family member listening and that the girl said 12 not one and two. The girl said it would still be three hours cause they have so so many appointments. I told I know I'm use to 5 or 6 hours that's why they go to a private groomer but they needed a bath and brush and my other groomer was booked. I had left the O'Fallon PetSmart 6 months before cause 3 times my little girl was razor burned three times. I think they called every month to let me know the cockers had been in. So I thought they could do a bath and brush. I was wrong. Both cockers came out damp, not fully dried, and shaking. Couldn't wait long enough for me to pet them. They pulled my daughter right out the door to the car.

I paid 27.00 each for damp dogs. Someone sniped that they both didn't like their faces blow dried. No way. My boy has been going to them since he was 10 weeks and he's over 8. My girl has been going to them since she was 15 weeks. Always good reports and my new private groomer loves them and tells us all the time how well behaved they are. I think the girl got pissed I told her I had a private groomer and they were here for bath and brush only because they were booked.

It will take hell to freeze over before I go to PetSmart again. I spend over 100 for two dogs once a month and what good is their pet perks. It's useless for grooming. I buy my bulk food at Chewy.com. It's way cheaper and they are much more helpful and pleasant to their customers than the people who work at all PetSmarts and I've shopped many different ones.

My dog has been going to the PetSmart grooming salon for over 6 years now so they know her very well, specifically the store in Coon Rapids, MN. When I dropped her off for her appointment, I told them just her normal haircut. They later called me that day to say that she will need to be shaved in a few places due to "matting". I told them okay. I went to go pick up my pup, and she was COMPLETELY shaved. I was PISSED.

I asked for the manager and told them I am not paying a penny for this service and that I am taking my dog home, I was in tears and my dog couldn't wait to get out of that store. 6 months later, I called to make another appointment and they told me that they couldn't take my dog in because she was "too aggressive"??? I was in shock that they put that in their computer system so that my dog wouldn't be able to get another grooming appointment. UNPROFESSIONAL, CARELESS AND LIARS. If you care about your dog, don't ever come here.

Terrible attitude in handling a problem by the Store Manager at The Colony, Texas store. After reading the nearly 700 bad reviews, we will NOT BE RETURNING TO THIS OR ANY OTHER PETSMART STORE. They are only interested in profit and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

When I moved to Bolton, I scheduled my dogs to be groomed at the local PetSmart. At their second visit, they were seen by another groomer because the original one was gone. I wasn't happy with the results because one dog's hair was barely touched and the other one's hair was so choppy and uneven he didn't even look like himself. I didn't complain but when I booked their next visit, I requested that they be seen by another groomer. On the appointment day, I was dismayed to be greeted by same groomer but was too embarrassed to say anything. When I went to pick them up after their appointment, the groomer asked if they looked okay but with clients waiting and my dogs bolting for the door, I said I would check them at home and let her know if there was a problem.

Sure enough, their haircut was terrible so I called to let them know. I was told the same groomer would have to fix the problem and that she would be available the following day between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. The next day, they called me at noon telling me I needed to go in before 4 p.m because the groomer was leaving early. I said I would try my best. In the interim, one of my dogs rolled over for a belly rub and I noticed he had been nicked in the abdomen and had bled. I called PetSmart right away to report it and was put on hold so I could speak to the manager. Rather than apologizing, the manager demanded to know what exactly was wrong with my dogs' haircuts and why I had not pointed out the issues in the store immediately after the appointment.

It quickly became obvious she lacked any concern or empathy so I asked for her name in order to address the issue with someone above her however, she refused to give it to me. As someone with a management background in customer service I was truly dismayed by the aggressiveness and lack of professionalism demonstrated by this manager. I have no intention of ever stepping foot inside that store again.

PetSmart and Petco should be avoided at all cost. They handle the animals they sell very inhumanely. They keep them in plastic tubs with holes drilled into the top of the tubs. The animals including baby animals die and they just throw them out in hoards like unwanted trash. They barely feed them, they transport them via FedEx or UPS. They are made to live in their own excrement and feces and by the time they get to the store they are dead.

PetSmart Company Profile