3.13/5
Based on 266 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a pet store?

936 PetSmart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

We take our dog for grooming. We take her to the same girl each time so our little fur baby will feel comfortable. I called to make a appointment. The girl we normally have was not going to be there. We really needed her hair cut so we were willing to have her cut once by someone else. I took her in for her appointment. 3 hours went by. No phone call so I went to see what was going on. Baby was still in back. I ask what was going on (there no other dogs there). It was a eve appointment. They would not tell me anything but I could hear my baby crying. I ask to see her. They wouldn't. I got the women assistance of the store. She was rude. Talk to me awful. I insisted on seeing her. She had been there over 3 hrs. They finally brought her out. She had never been groomed yet. I ask for my money back and took my baby with me. She was traumatic for her.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Called PetSmart/Banfield regarding my dog's ear infection. I explained to the receptionist that my dog would absolutely not let anyone examine her and that we've been down that road before. (Previously, I had to swab my dog in order for them to run the lab work) so taking her in for an examination is a waste of my time unless the plan is to put her to sleep for a simple ear examination... I told her that I'd misplaced the ear drops and never completed the cycle hence why she is displaying the same exact symptoms, mind it has only been about 2.5 weeks since her ear infection was diagnosed.

I asked if they could please provide a new Rx since it was pretty clear it never healed properly. I called about 5 p.m., was told they'd speak to the Dr. and someone would call me back. I called again "before they close" around 6:20 p.m....the receptionist stated Dr. is still there and that I would get a call back around 7. The receptionist (not the Dr.) called back and stated Dr. would need to see my dog in order to make a determination whether she would require same med, etc.

I told the girl once again that my dog will NOT let anyone examine her, and if I could speak with the Dr...at this point she had already became defensive and her tone was altered, she proceeded to place me on hold, came back and said Dr. is now off the clock and there's nothing she could do and ended call. I tried calling back and of course once place is closed, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of anyone, not even management.

The point to my review here, is that the Dr. could not take one minute out of her day to speak with me regarding my dog. The customer service turns ugly if you don't follow their protocol of "nickel and diming" the customer. I've gone to PetSmart Banfield for some years now for my cats, turtle and recently for my German Shepherd. I've always looked the other way when they came at us with their nickel and diming, but now it's different, my German Shepherd is in pain and the Dr. could not even take the time to speak with me.

Isn't that their job? To care for animals? If you don't appreciate your job as an animal caregiver then leave. Pets are our just like our children and if I called Kaiser and asked to speak with my sons Dr. and she told me she was off the clock and refused to get on the phone with me, that would be completely absurd, right? PetSmart along with Banfield has lost a customer.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have an Alaskan Malamute. I am writing this now because I am done not saying anything. We got back from the groomers last night and she was tired and laid down. This morning finds my dog whimpering because after a short walk this morning we came back in and now she cannot lay down and is even having trouble sitting. She has been on Glycoflex (Hips, Joint's) for the last 5 years. I started her on this to help prevent Hip Dysplasia. I have used over 10 different Groomers in my Girls 9 years. PetSmart - I love young kids getting their start with a job. This is the 5th time in 5 years that my baby has come back from your groomers and has had problems, this is the worst she has been even after I explain what happens after her being groomed. I was told that it was because she has to stand for so long. I know different but I displayed insanity again thinking that it might be different this time.

Big dogs have no business being put on smooth stainless steel tables where they can slide all over the place. I could go on and get more INFURIATED because they even gave me back to her wet and I knew what I was in for when she dried out. PETSMART GROOMERS you are the worst or at least the 5 groomers that have work on my baby. $ 110.00 for this POS service. I will say this, it is 5 different stores that don't care how they treat their paying customers family. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I am not happy with the service, they gave me my dog still wet and I had to ask them to dry it again. Did you wash your teeth? Because everything seemed the same. I got upset and when I got home to clean my dog's eyes, his eyes were dirty with laments and his tail was examined, even with a bit of poop stuck on it. I had to go back to work and I could not waste time with them again. I pay $40.99. Is it fair?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am a certified, professional dog trainer. I am the President/Trainer for Shelter Dogs For Veterans, Inc. We are a 501c3 nonprofit that pulls dogs from kill shelters and trains them for veterans suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). Today, May 12, 2018 at 2:30 pm. I was with a group of individuals with six (6) dogs who are training to be Therapy Dog and Service Dogs. It was their graduation day prior to taking the Canine Good Citizen test.

We were at the PetSmart located at 1810 Cumming Highway, Ste 12, Canton, GA 30114. I also had my Service Dog, Pepper, with me. We had the dogs there to SHOP for treats, harnesses, toys and food for the dogs for a job well done. We also wanted to socialize them. I had just completed a class at my facility and still had my work shirt on that said Paws Be Good on it with my name badge that said Trainer. Not one of the dogs with us caused any kind of a scene, barked, growled or made a noise. All were quiet, sitting or lying down and quietly as they had been instructed and trained to do so months before.

When we entered the store I told everyone to go to the back of the store to start so we were not in anyone’s way. We all stopped in the back briefly by the dog grooming area. I told everyone to put their dog in a sit and focus. We were chatting with each other for a minute before we started shopping. The next thing I know, a man in a blue shirt waved at me from about five feet away and said, “Can you come over here so I can talk to you?” I had no idea who he was. He didn’t introduce himself. I approached him and the first thing he said was “You are going to have to leave, we already have a trainer here.”

I was stunned and looked at him. I had no idea who he was or what he was talking about. I then noticed the PetSmart emblem on his shirt. I assumed he worked there. I didn’t know what to say. I told him “we are just here socializing our dogs”. He then again said “We already have a trainer here.” I said, “Yes I know, we are only socializing our dogs, some are service dogs. We were going to shop too.” He then said, “our trainer is training right now, we have a trainer here.” I still didn’t understand what this had to do with us. He then pointed to an older woman who was walking with a young man and a dog down one of the aisles. I am very familiar with the store as I have shopped there many times. The store’s training area is up in the front left of the building. He then asked me “How long are you going to be here?” I responded to him “we will be leaving in about 30 minutes”.

I figured that was how long It would take everyone to purchase their items. He said to me, “No, you have to leave now. We can’t have this kind of thing going on”. I was so shocked and embarrassed. We didn’t do anything wrong. I then told everyone we needed to leave. They ALL heard the conversation between this man and myself. As we were leaving, I said to the others I would be shopping in Dalton from now on. Everyone else said to him that they wouldn’t be shopping there any longer either.

As I was leaving I realized I didn’t even know who this man was. I went back on my own and asked his name. He said it was **. He still did not indicate his status or that he was an employee. The only way I knew that he was an employee was that he was wearing a PetSmart shirt. I asked him “are you the manager.” He said “Yes”. I said “OK, thank you.” I immediately turned to leave. He started following me and again said, “If you had contacted us earlier we could have worked something out.” I didn’t know what he meant. Do all your customers have to ask permission to come in with their dogs and shop? I thought dogs were welcome in PetSmart.

Are other dog trainers not allowed to come in your stores with people who happen to also be their clients to shop or socialize their dogs? Once again, we were there to SHOP and socialize our dogs. We were having a fun outing the day of their graduation. I said to him “these are service dogs in training, I didn’t know you were training service dogs here.” He continued to follow me and he said, “if you had contacted me we could have worked something out, but you just want to attack me.” I had no idea what he was talking about. At no time did I ever raise my voice or say anything negative to him. He was the one that continued to follow and harass me. Everything I have written above is factual and how it transpired. There are five (5) other witnesses that heard it all. They were as dumbfounded as I was over what occurred. They all commended me on my calmness and professionalism.

You can rest assured I will never enter that store again nor will I ever send another individual there to shop. I have sent hundreds of clients and individuals to your store in the past. I will let everyone know how you treat other trainers and customers. By the way, two of the individuals with me were Veterans with their dogs. I sure hope you don’t treat all veterans this way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: May 17, 2018

The PetSmart Covington LA near me is awful with customer service. I go in to get crickets a few times a week and it’s always a hassle to find an associate to help me. Their prices went up as well. Worse quality, higher cost. I will be giving all of my future business to Petco.

Original review: May 16, 2018

The two PetSmart locations near me (Mechanicsville VA & Glen Allen VA) are horrible at caring for the animals they sell. I have two 60 gallon freshwater fish tanks and a 55 gallon saltwater tank. First of all, it sucks that they don't sell saltwater, but my main concern is the freshwater fish they do sell. I usually buy my fish from a local pet store where I live, they closed earlier this year. I have been in both of the PetSmart near me and can never seem to find any help. They are educated at all with any fish knowledge, they don't take care of the tanks there, and they will sell you just about any diseased fish they can just to get you out of there. I bought 2 angelfish from there, they ended up having ICK- killed everything in my tank, Over 1,000 dollars worth of fish. I redid my tank, and figured things like that happen sometimes and maybe they didn't know. So I bought more fish from there, they ended up all having cotton fungus - killed all of them but one.

I have spent so much money in treatments to heal these fish and they still end up dying. I bought a few cheap fish just to try out again - they were dead before I got them home. The last time I went in there almost half out the fish in the tanks were dead, one even jumped out of a tank and was laying there flopping until I picked it up, the guy was just standing at the little table on his phone texting. If PetSmart isn't going to take care of the animals they sell then they really shouldn't sell them. It's such a shame to see all these fish that die because of poor maintenance and uneducated employees. I am very disappointed and upset that I spend so much money on these fish and treatments and now I have nothing, no fish. Maybe I will have better luck with Petco.

Original review: May 15, 2018

On May 15, 2018 at 9 am I dropped my 4 month old German Shepherd to get groom. I informed PetSmart that this was Roxy very first visit, told them she might be a little scared, but she real sweet. You comfort her she will do great. They assure me that she will get pamper. I left out the door but I didn’t leave the store. I needed to do a little shopping for Roxy.

About 30 minutes in the store I decided to check out at the register, and I looked over at the grooming and I saw a man jerking hard on this dog, and then jerk her head hard enough that Roxy screams out. Her cliff one nail Roxy screams out and pull her leg back and he jerk her leg so hard she fell and he got upset started just jerking her. The three ladies in the room did nothing to stop him. They laughed, but when one looked up and saw me at the window then she goes overacting as she comforting Roxy when she really was telling him that I was standing and looking. I asked for everyone name. They refused to answer. I will never go back to PetSmart ever. They are cruel to animals.

Original review: May 6, 2018

We took our two standard poodles in for full grooming. I asked for a puppy cut for both dogs but the instructions must never have made it to the individual groomers. One dog’s face was heavily scraped by cutting much to close to the skin. And her tail looked like a bottle brush, huge and thick compared to the rest of the cut. The other dog, the male, had his tail cut nearly down to the skin. In short, this was the worst grooming job we have ever had - particularly on the female (Rosie), and we have had standard poodles professionally groomed for 15 years. PetSmart is fine for purchases of supplies and food - we regularly shop there - but we will return to another professional groomer. My advice: stay away from PetSmart’s Reston grooming salon. PetSmart management should refund at least one half of the amount spent on the female: $97.00 but crediting the credit card used in this transaction.

Original review: April 30, 2018

PetSmart Grooming is extremely negligent. I had dropped my cat off for grooming, on a day where they accept cats for grooming. I had made an appointment days prior with the cat groomer. I picked up my pet after her grooming, and from the moment we entered home and saw her sitting, noticed that she had extremely heavy breathing. Her entire head would move, her mouth was open and it was terrifying. I took her for an appointment at the Bradford hospital within PetSmart for the following morning. They ran tests and pinned it on her own condition of a heart murmur. But truthfully, something in her grooming experience is what triggered all this.

She is on medication now. It's been months, but the dryers is what I believe triggered her breathing problem. PetSmart should never do grooming again because coming on this site, I realized and learned how many pets leave with this condition, some even falling victim to death. PetSmart didn't take responsibility and didn't even take initiative to account for the hospital visit that all started there. I truly believe, that no pet owner should leave their pets with the grooming service here. It's such a huge risk. My pet is on lifelong medication now. Even if it was a predisposed condition, it was all triggered with the experience at the groomers here.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I take my dogs once or twice a year to get groomed. The first time I took one of my dogs I was told when I picked her up that she didn’t like the dryers and needed to be air dried and to remind them next time I bring her in. Last year when I brought her back I reminded them that she didn’t like the dryers and she needed to be air dried. When I went to pick her up they told me, "Didn’t you know that she doesn’t like to be in the dryer and she needs to be aired dried?"

I reminded them that I didn’t tell them when I dropped her off that she didn’t like the dryers and needed to be air dried. When I called a little while ago to get another appointment They told me that in their system she was create. They told me that in their system Was notes showing that she is a biter and they are not going to accept her back. When I went to cancel all the appointments for my other dogs I heard the gentleman in a snarky voice turn around and say everything that I had just said to him. I called PetSmart back and I spoke to a manager. I will never use PetSmart again.

Original review: April 30, 2018

PetSmart has been grooming my 2 old poodles for 13 years and my younger poodle for 8 years, ever since they were nine weeks old. I took my three poodles to PetSmart and their new policy states that the dog has to willingly walk to the back. My 8-year-old poodle is blind. She expects to be carried when we are out because she cannot see. At home she knows where her bowl and puppy pad are and she knows the furniture placement. At PetSmart, she can't see where she is going so she sat down and waited. Why. Because she is blind.

PetSmart has groomed her for 8 years. Today they denied service because she refused to walk to the back. PetSmart knows she is blind. They were told three times that day that she is blind. I wrote to PetSmart customer service and explained that she is blind and won't walk on leash. PetSmart sent it to the store manager who said, "Sorry it is the new policy," and they will never groom her again because she won't walk on a leash back to the cages. So now I have to find a new groomer. This is the Brandon Florida PetSmart on State Road 60 and the manager is Sandra. Please avoid PetSmart. They are uncaring and heartless. If your dog is handicapped, they discriminate against her.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Today, 04/23/2018 I walked into PetSmart at 9:00 a.m, only to be greeted by an ungodly smell of filth. My wife were the very 1st people in the store when they opened. There was garbage all over the floors, like paper, hair, dirt, looked like poop. Plus the smell was terrible. When mentioned to one employee, he said he couldn't smell anything and asked where it was dirty. I said "are you kidding". I said look, garbage all over the floor. It was thru out the store. Not just one place. There was dirt and hair and dried up what looked like pee and poop. It was very obvious they do not clean during off hours.

Original review: April 23, 2018

WARNING... stop taking your pet to be groomed here! After reading the reviews after our horrible experience makes me so much more upset that I didn’t look before-hand. I was so thrilled that they could work my dog in on a Saturday and asked if I could just drop him off due to having a meeting, they said YES, even better I thought... WRONG!! I arrived and got our dog back to the grooming department... a different lady checked us in then who I made the appointment, she was irritated I was early and that I would be leaving him and tried to tell me I couldn’t... but the lady I made an appointment with spoke up and told me it was okay... I was pleased at this point.

About 15 min after I left the nightmare began. I got a phone call as I was about to step in my meeting that they rushed the dog to the Banfield Vet because our dog threw up blood and couldn’t breathe. I was in complete shock, he’s young and had been to the vet the prior week with a NO health issues at all and I’ve never had issues with him. I canceled my meeting and flew up there. When I arrived the vet came out and spoke with me. I really have no complaints with the VET. She was very nice and informative and I do believe she did her best. When I got to see him... his eyes were bloodshot, his tongue had lost most coloring and he was on oxygen... the VET thought it was an infection etc. His airways were swollen.

I knew he wasn’t sick. Took him home and monitored him very closely. About 2 hrs later he was acting much more normal. Another medical person looked at him the following day and the only thing that can seems plausible is that someone drug him by a leash/collar as he had a welp and hot spot develop that was not there upon dropping him off. We never use a collar on him as he doesn’t do well with them.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I received a letter from a victim restitution agency Tuesday that the County Prosecutors Office uses to collect money from bad checks. I wrote a check in Jan 5th for 28.00. It was an electronic check and cleared Jan 8th and they are wanting me to pay over 336.00 for something that NEVER HAPPENED! The check never bounced or anything. I sent my bank statement to the Prosecutors Office that clearly shows that with the Check #, Tracer # and Elec Check ID. I don't know what they are trying to scam here but if this doesn't get straightened out I am calling the local consumer advocate on our news in Indy. And no I have never ever written a bad check. Never going to PetSmart ever again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

At the cash register I had my items rung up - on Apr 13th - yes Friday the 13th - and the cashier said it didn't like my credit card. Try again. I did. What surprise there were 2 charges on my bank credit card. I went to the store - receipt in hand - to have them refund the mistake. The lady in the manager's office chased me. Said couldn't I see that she was on the phone! Told me to go to a cashier. The cashier couldn't handle the refund - she called another manager - and she said go to my bank and have them reverse it! I guess this - today was my last day at PetSmart. They no longer help customers. I saw in the news, that 3 dogs had died in the grooming area since January this year. Maybe they are going downhill. I did buy Freshpet from them - and I now buy it across the street at ShopRite - with a much better expiration date (4 months instead of 3 weeks) and it's half the price NOT ON SALE.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I was at the Route 31, Liverpool, NY location. The staff are friendly and manager is very helpful. Be careful of grooming. Grooming is ok. The first time we brought our dog there he was perfect but second time not so much. Wanted to stay and wait to watch our dog get groomed for the second time there. Was not very happy with how they treated our dog. Our dog is blind and we warned them that he gets riled up when touching certain areas. I guess that groomer was not told because we saw him getting riled up toward the end and saw the groomer getting angry at our dog.

Our dog gets riled up when touched on the ears but was told that he was being “nasty” when touched on his feet and tail. According to the paper they gave us they did not finish everything we wanted and still had to pay $70. I saw my dog get treated not very nicely and it was sickening to watch. When they finally gave up and gave me back my dog I just wanted to leave and take my dog away from them. Be careful when taking your dog here for grooming because depending on who gets to groom your dog they can do great or not.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I am writing this review in regards to the Grooming at PetSmart Santa Ana, Ca. My daughter had just walked in to pick up our dog from getting their nails trimmed when she saw our Springer Spaniel hanging off the harness. The groomer was not near our dog. Our dog is 14 years old. My daughter called me immediately and I went down there. I demanded that the vet check our dog out since she was hanging and anything can happen. The manager was very unprofessional in the way that he presented himself and said it was my daughter's word against the groomers. We have been going there for 10 years and never had a problem. This was unfortunate. We just wanted to make sure our dog was okay and that the incident was documented in their store and that his groomers were given training about leaving a dog unattended. He would not document the incident and said that was not their policy. They did take care of the vet bill. We will never be going back.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a surprise delivery today. It was a prescription for my dog. Supposedly I had it on Autoship for every 6 months (which I don't recall doing). I called PetSmart customer service. I asked if I could return the product, still wrapped. He said no. Then I asked if they could match another site's price, or at least give me a credit. All he kept saying was, "we can't return prescriptions", and "we can't price match prescriptions." Then he just kept repeating himself. I don't need this prescription, and the other site was $15 less!!! This is very frustrating to me. I had been a long time PetSmart customer, but I will be one no more! Whatever happened to trying to satisfy the customer.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I took my Yorkie to Pet Smart located in Levittown Long Island NY. I drop him off to have his ears check out for an ear infection at 9 am. I got a call at approximately 1:30 pm. The person on the phone told me he had a infection and needed a treatment. It cost $77.00. I ask if there a cheaper treatment that we could do. He got very loud and told us his way was the best way. I ask him again if there was cheaper way to go. He was now screaming at on through the phone. I then ask him his name. He said it was Brain. I ask him to speak to a vet. He was still yelling at me and told me he was a vet. assistant. I then ask him and a cheaper treatment. He told me yes there was but it is not as good as the treatment that they would do.

I then ask him three times what did the treatment involved. He could not tell me. He was still yelling at me so loud that my wife could hear him from the other side of the room. We told him, "Do the treatment" just to get him off the phone. When I went to pick up my dog I asked to speak to Brain. I was told to go into a room to get my dog. I was in the room 20 minutes before a woman came in and told me she was a vet. She spoke to Brain who told her I told him I was going to kick his ass. I told her I never said that. I was 73 and just a triple bypass surgery and did do not threatened or fight with anyone.

I told her that Brain was yelling at me on the phone and when I ask to speak to the vet. he would not let me. She then told me Brain had two kinds of mental problems and gets very loud when talks and gets stress out very easy. I told her he has no social skills and should be to talking to customers. I told her that I did not trust Pet Smart anymore because Brain could not answer any of my questions. There more to this story but this is a enough for now. I have wellness plan with Pet Smart for over 6 years now but that over if mentally challenged people are working on my dog.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I took my King to his 10:00 am appt. for a grooming. The young lady said it will be 3 or 4 hours. My husband arrived there at 2pm. King had not been touched. I called and I asked why someone didn’t call me if it was going to be 5 or 6 picking King up. The same young lady told me she thought about calling me but, she had a dog on the table. I quickly asked for a manager and he apologized and gave me a 50% discount but, then I get there to get my dog King. No one knew anything about that AND THAT'S NOT ALL. King had the worse uneven haircut he has ever had there at Camp Creek Marketplace ATLANTA. Never again! Where in the WORLD DO PETSMART GET THESE NON-HAIRCUTTING ** GROOMERS FROM! DAMN!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Very unsatisfied. Since the very first time I brought my female dog at this PetSmart Hotel, I started to notice a problem. My female dog was peeing blood in her urine and she was extremely thirsty. Once at home, the blood stopped a few days later. When I brought her back to PetSmart Hotel a few weeks later, she was bleeding again when I picked her up. My son complained to them that she was bleeding every time we picked her up from their Hotel. Since the problem was from their Pet Hotel, we asked them to have her checked by the Vet. The Vet told us the dog was having infection which she never experienced before.

Since the problem was coming from their place, we asked PetSmart Hotel to pay for the medication, which they did. We continued bringing the dog to PetSmart Hotel and she got re infected with blood in her urine. It's been 3 months that we have not brought her back to the Pet Hotel and she still bleeding. We called PetSmart Hotel about the problem and the manager is not offering any help. She's very rude with us and she's not considering us as clients anymore... She's aware the problems comes from the Pet Hotel but she doesn't accept to hear anything... It cost me a lot of money to bring my dog to them but they have no consideration for anyone. What should I do at this point?

Original review: March 10, 2018

Arrived at approximately 1220pm for a 1230pm dog grooming appointment for my Havanese. Location was East Washington Street PetSmart location. Individual acknowledged my presence, not even looking at me. I was asked their basic screening questions not being advised at that point they had implemented a new grooming policy. Noted on my cell phone was a voicemail from PetSmart at 1237pm asking that I return to pick up my dog as he was showing signs of “stress”. As I was told when I left it would be 3-4 hours, I did not contact them till 3 pm and was told the same-“signs of stress”.

I returned to the store to pick up my dog and questioned what they considered stress as she stated he is showing 2 “signs” and we cannot groom dogs and I needed to have him sedated. I asked what signs had been observed and she indicated heavy panting and accidentally urinating. I said he was probably panting because he was caged and will bark till removed.

This dog had been groomed in the past by experienced groomers at the Plainfield Indiana location. His only annoying demeanor is that he does not like to be caged and will bark. Once removed he will quiet down as he thrives on attention and caring demeanor. Thus based on the discretion and judgment of an individual with no patience or customer service skills we have been banned from all PetSmart stores. Our name is red flagged in the system nationally. My opinion is this location will lose business based on this new policy and how the screening is accomplished. Lack of friendly customer interaction will add to the decline. Customers should be advised of the new policy initially at check in and have the customer remain in the store until they begin the grooming process.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Cat hotel - I wanted to write a review to warn everyone that when you are told you can visit your pet, not true, suddenly they are prisoners and you can't see or visit them. Totally not acceptable to me. Looked like they were sprayed with water, hissed and growled like they never have before, I hate to imagine what happened to them. I surprised them with a pickup to remove my cats and they ran back to where they were when they saw me walk in. I think first time they checked them. I broke them out and will never put my pets through that ever again. Nice people but not sure of what they do to your pets.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I was a long time customer for years but will never give Waite Park PetSmart my business again. I can't tolerate the major lack of inventory any longer. Almost every time I go they're so low on hay that it's not enough to last until the next time when they're still low. And, every time I go for citrus yogurt drops they're completely out. It's even been admitted by some of the employees that when they get a delivery, they take a lot for themselves. Even if they are discounted for employees, that's no excuse to take most of them if not all as I don't come across them. Doesn't the store take inventory as part of its job description and order WAY MORE FOR CUSTOMERS TOO? HOW RUDE! TSCHÜSS!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I was so excited to finally find a groomer for cats. I made my appt for my two and a half year old cat for a bath and brush with nail trim.I dropped her off at 7:30 AM. I was told that the cats are done early before any dogs come in so it's less stressful. As I was leaving 3 dogs came in. The groomer cat certified says give her 1 to 1 and a half hours. I get a call 10 minutes after I left and was told I needed to pick her up because she couldn't even get my 13 lb cat out of the carrier. I thought being cat certified gave her the training how to handle them. Very disappointing.

Original review: March 5, 2018

My dog has always been able to hear; he showed no signs of a decline. Around 2.5 months ago, we brought our dog to Petco for his usual grooming; bath, nails, ears, blowdry. My dog is part Beagle and after he got home, within a few days, my dog stopped hearing. I am with my dog all the time; this deafness wasn't gradual. A dog doesn't go from excellent hearing to total deafness. Because he has those beagle ears; they droop and are long, it's harder to dry them. When the ears aren't dried they develop yeast infections.

After I realized that he no longer could hear me I realized that this happened a few days after his last grooming and bath at Petco. My dog is deaf and, of course the vet wants to do more blood work (she did this in November), check out his slight heart murmur, a sore on his anus, etc. We already brought him in once and she said there was a lot of wax build up. We want his ears flushed, meds for the yeast, and antibiotics. It's upsetting for a dog to suddenly stop hearing. I would imagine that a gradual decline wouldn't be so difficult. I am not getting ripped off by a vet who has already attempted to treat him and was unsuccessful. They only care about the $$$$.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I phoned PetSmart to make a grooming appointment for my 'Parti Yorkie', at the Pineridge Naples FL location. When I made the appointment, I asked how much it would cost for the bath and hair trim, which used to be called the FSG full service groom. I was told it would be $49. When I picked him up, they had him checked in as a Shih Tzu. As beautiful as they are, he does not look in any way, similar to that breed. They wanted to charge me more money because it was the weekend. I told them that, no one had informed me of the extra weekend fee when I made the appointment.

After debating the cost, they implied that he looked more like a Shih Tzu and that Shih Tzu's cost more than Yorkies. Apparently they had never heard of the 'Parti Biewer Yorkie' from Germany. This breed has been recognized, since the mid 80's. (Very beautiful!) The manager had to get involved, and after waiting for several minutes, I did get the price that I was quoted. I don't think I will return to that location.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I mainly go to this place because it is convenient. There are a few places more conveniently located, but they are not specialty pet stores, and also I would not visit these places for ethical reasons. PetSmart is convenient enough, and specializes in the products I want.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

This past Saturday I took my dog for grooming at PetSmart in US19 North Clearwater FL and when I received my dog he looks like a phenomenon or a dog from the street. This is pure breed medium size poodle, they left him with no hair, he was cut in one leg, still smell like dogs, his face was not done, ears dirty inside, ears were not trimmed. Other places give the dog at least a little bandana, this one has nothing on, for all that I paid $58 dollars, after I got home he does not stop scratching all over especially his butt. I am very upset at this stupid, lack of common sense groomer, I hope they carry license for this. I will never even buy food for my dog at any of these establishment???

PetSmart Company Information