3.5/5 (5073 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About PetSmart

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

PetSmart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetSmart?

Original review: June 21, 2022

This should be negative one. In Jan 2022, my wife took my dog there for full bath and haircut. There was a long line on that day, she went home and did not make payment. I went back there to the grooming service and front desk asked me to pay at the store cashier. This morning, my wife tried to make another appointment and was told that we did not payment for Jan 2022. I drove to the store and waited at the door of the grooming service more than 30 min. During the waiting, a lady with blue hair served a customer came after me without saying anything like I was not there.

I showed my credit transaction picture to the manager named Lacey. She argued with me that was not grooming service. She worked with another lady in Petsmart and they found no transaction in Jan after I gave them my credit card to verify. I made several purchases in Jan 2022 and they had no record. I had to go home and searched for the receipt. I showed up there again and showed the receipt to Lacey. She looked at the receipt and said "ok..ok" without saying Sorry :-). I asked her to update her record that I already made payment. I doubt that she will do that. I wasted 3 hours because of PetSmart poor management and customer service at the Pet Grooming store. I will not go back again.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I order and they sent to wrong address and I never received order and I call and was promised a new order would be sent and then they lied and refused to sent replacement order and going refund me. They can't be trusted.

Original review: March 26, 2022

My family adopted a 13 weeks old chocolate lab that we named Harley Davidson. We enrolled Harley in the Pet Smart puppy school; but, the first week was postponed by the trainer, Harvey, due to inclement weather. So, our first training class was when our puppy was 14 weeks old. Harley is truly a puppy: excited by everything, loving and playful. And, teething. Harvey seemed frustrated by Harley from the beginning. In fact, he commented, in front of the class, that we should have enrolled Harley earlier. Both my husband and I said - simultaneously - that "we just got him".

We tried the class for three weeks and things just got worse. Finally, in the third week, Harvey used some kind of dog repellant (pepper spray) on Harley, which, we found out, was against Pet Smart policy. We reported the issue and were advised that Harvey was very popular. Nothing was done. Pet Smart said that the cameras in the store don't really work so they couldn't confirm what actions were taken. "So sorry." They refunded our money and have been sending us copious amounts of coupons for our trouble.

Did I mention that my family is ** and the other families in the program were **. This store has an awful training program and Harvey the trainer is horrible. He has no patience and uses harmful tactics - Pet Smart will say they don't condone the bad practices but will not do anything to prevent them either. You're risking your dog's mental health enrolling in a Pet Smart training program.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Sheila W. Washington, DC. I just love going to this PetSmart. I have been shopping here since I adopted my first Rottie, Angel in 2002. The first people I met at that time were Lidia, Tammy and Sharella who is in grooming. Angel was my first dog in my adult life so I knew very little. Both Tammy and Lidia took care of that aspect walking me through all that was needed and Sharella walked me through her grooming needs. I felt like part of their family and vice versa. I shop here all of the time and take my newest member, Tina for grooming. Zoe now grooms Tina with such care and love that we both are tickled pink with how beautiful she looks when I pick her up. Johnny is superb as the District Manager. He is so personable, knowledgeable and has such an excellent rapport with his staff.

I love everything about this PetSmart and I must because I live in DC and drive at least 30 minutes to shop and have my fur baby groomed here. I even took my friend to have her dog groomed by Seth. My friend was so pleased and outdone to see how handsome Papa Bear looked after his grooming. The groomers are awesome and so helpful even if they are not scheduled to groom your dog. The time, love and advice that they give is so well received and much needed for those of us who lack knowledge and the necessary needs for our pets' grooming. I find myself spending at least 20 or 30 minutes extra in the store because I feel so welcomed and they are just my other family away from home.

I don't know all of the names of the staff here but I must mention those that where I do know the names. I am forever grateful to them for their help, answering my questions, making such excellent suggestions and treating me with such superb customer service, professionalism and so much LOVE, With that being said, Tina and I would like to send THANKS AND SHOUT OUTS TO: Johnny, Tammy, Lidia, Erik, Alex, Gianne, Jasmin, Cecilia, Rosa, Seth and Zoe. You all make this store AWESOME and you definitely make me want to continue coming back for more. I love you all. Please forgive me for not knowing everyone's name and possibly having some incorrect spellings. GREAT JOB GIRLS AND GUYS! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the LOVE! Sheila **

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

owNEW. Went to Petsmart on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo New York to get my puppy a haircut. I told the groomer Tricia to cut everything but his tail and the hair on the top of his head behind his eyes. I even had a clip in his hair just in case she needed it clipped while grooming him. I repeated myself to her probably 10 times. I repeated myself so much they looked at me like OK!! There was also another Groomer who overheard Me repeat myself and I’m like.. I’m just making sure that you do as I ask. I go to pick up my puppy whose hair I have been growing since birth he’s about to be 1 Feb 19. All of his hair was cut an inch from his eyes. Curl in his tail GONE!! She listened to nothing I said NOTHING!! when I went back in there to confront her she said not one word no apology no nothing. Her attitude was unacceptable And unprofessional. She did a horrible job on his haircut.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

WHERE'S MY ** MONEY!!!! I placed a online order on 12/31. Had to unfortunately cancel the same day because they were going to send the wrong item. Did everything I'm supposed to do. Have called customer service and the store numerous times and I've yet to receive my refund. Lousy customer service in terms of no one knows what to do to correct this situation. False promises and I'm still waiting for my $165.00 almost two weeks now. I don't think I'm ever going to receive it! My best advice stay far away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

LOL set up an appointment online for the FREE exam... The call me the week of the appointment to say the appointment I scheduled cannot be honored due to doctor being out of office. They offer to reschedule for a time when the free exam coupon has EXPIRED!!! I was skeptical when I saw the offer of a free exam and now I see I was correct. LOL PetSmart... Just lost a customer forever.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I brought in a dog that has a double coat while she was heavily shedding. It's just that time of year and I didn't have time to wash and dry her myself so I was willing to pay someone else to do it. When I got there, they saw that she had an undercoat and warned me that they might shave her. I told them that they couldn't shave any part of her that wasn't a sanitary area because it would damage her top coat. They got really annoyed with me, even after I told them that if they really found a mat in a non sanitary area, that I would work on it at home. They warned me that pulling on mats close to the skin could hurt her but looked disgusted when I said that I knew all that because I have worked for a groomer before. At home, I would make time to slowly work on it and I knew for a fact that none of her tangles or mats were close to the skin, especially in her non sanitary spots because I check those every day.

She did have a tiny mat or thick tangle near her front leg, but it was at the end of her fur, not near the skin, and I should have trimmed that off before I got there because it would have taken like two seconds. It was on one of her longer pieces of fur and considered she is a long haired dog, she wouldn't have even noticed me trimming it off. I guess it got all wrapped up in the wind while she was playing.

Anyway, they got mad at me and took my dog to the back. I'd like to mention that no one talked to my dog the entire time I was there. I understand that they work with dogs all day but so does every vet I've ever gone to and every grooming service I've seen or worked for before and they always talk to the pet. I was dismissed by the receptionist sitting down and just not looking at me again until I asked if I needed to talk to a higher up about the shaving thing. I thought I needed to talk to someone else because the lady who dragged my dog to the back was very angry and she said she needed to talk to someone (whose name I don't recall), so what else was I supposed to think? She said I didn't and I could go.

I spent the next couple hours fuming and stressed. I was mostly fuming because I was stressed to be honest. I was worried they'd shave my dog despite what I said. I was also worried they would mistreat my dog because they were mad at me. I was really fired up about it because you can be rude to me, whatever.... but don't harm my dog and don't shave her top coat because it takes ages for it to grow back for her breed, if it grows back at all, and it usually grows back wonky. I feel like I shouldn't have had to have been that worried about my dog but nothing in their behavior suggested that I shouldn't be worried. I thought about going back and just getting her back several times but I had to drop her off on my lunch break and couldn't get out of work.

When they called to tell me she was ready, they nervously told me that they couldn't grind her nails because she hated it. The nail grinding is part of one of their packages that had conditioner and teeth brushing, I honestly couldn't have cared less about the nail grinding lol. I told them that was perfectly fine and if she hated it, then she hated it. It's all good.

I went up and got her and thankfully her top coat wasn't shaved. Her sanitary area also wasn't shaved, which I thought was odd because she has A LOT of fur on her haunches and I said they could shave her sanitary area if they needed and they had been really worked up about her just existing with an undercoat... but she looked great and I was so relieved that she looked unharmed. She was super ready to leave but I was too so we went.

After I got home, I found that they shaved the spot that had a mat like a full two inches away from her skin that was like the size of a dime near her front leg. The spot was covered by all her other hair from her back and they shaved about an inch and a half stripe for a dime sized tangle that was dangling at the very end of her fur. I honestly feel like they did that just to spite me.

Maybe they thought I was being a Karen because I wasn't willing to let them shave my whole dog just because she has a double coat. I was firm in my tone because I had to leave her there with them and I asked if I needed to see a higher up because the lady walked away WITH MY DOG and said that she needed to tell someone about this. She said a name that I don't remember but... like... she was mad, pulling my dog behind her, and said she was going to go talk to someone. What else was I supposed to think?

Anyway, they did a good job with my dog's grooming other than spitefully shaving a strip of her fur. I'm not that mad that they shaved the strip because it's covered by the rest of her coat, so if it grows in wonky, it's just a little spot. I am annoyed that they shaved that spot when it could have easily been snipped off far away from my dog's skin... and heck it would have been far from her whole leg, if they just snipped it with scissors, but to be fair, I should have done that at home.

I will never ever be returning to that location for grooming. They were rude, which is normally whatever for me but they were alone with my dog and I was forced to worry about her safety for the entire last half of my work shift. Also, they're clearly spiteful so I still can't rest assured that I worried for nothing because it's not like my dog can tell me if they yelled at her, hit her, or any of that just because I told them not to shave her top coat.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I ordered three gift cards online on December 8. The funds were taken from my account right away, but I have not received the gift cards. They are Christmas gifts. I called customer service three times and finally got through. Absolutely no help. The representative clearly was using a “script” to answer my questions. The representative used my confirmation number (the only number I received and only one email) to check my order and told me exactly what I already read myself - in process. She also informed me that the only way to track an order is to “pay” for tracking, which apparently was an option when I made the purchase. Seriously. I was also told that the orders are sent via FedEx and then given to USPS for delivery.

After reading many reviews, I anticipate that I will not get the cards that I paid for and that I will not get my money. With that said, I will have to plan to file a “fraud” case with my bank - something many people end up doing because of their individual experiences with PetSmart.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Terrible shipping. Box taped poorly. Too much in one box. Cat litter broken box. Litter spilled out on carpet. Delayed first shipment from Beginning of Nov. This box is a mess. It is the second box Fedex?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

HORRIFIC experience!!! My doodles not had their ear completely shaved off!!! This is gonna take 9-12 months to grow back!! Everyone there was rude, especially the manager when I called to complain. She told me there was “no such thing as a longer doodle face”! What!!!! Their own employee used those words at drop off when asking if we wanted the same cut as last time with a 5 blade and longer doodle face!! And my poor mini doodle also had his entire face shaved down. We are traumatized. The dogs were boy strange after arriving home... I got a call around 3:30 to come pick only one of them up because he had gotten out of his kennel and they didn't want to put him back in there!!! They said they were almost done with the other dog but when my husband arrived, he had to wait until past 5!!!! The whole experience was just awful. Stay away from this place at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered a fluval 407 canister filter on 9/22/21. On the 9/30/21 I entered the tracking number into the Google search bar to find that Fed Ex was delivering my package. I went to the Fed ex website to find out my package was delivered the day prior. I called Fed ex who proceeded to tell me the package was delivered to my old address and to contact PetSmart. I then proceeded to call PetSmart who apologized and told me they would ship me a new filter to the right address. A week later I called to get a update and a tracking number which I did not receive. I was given a reorder number and told it would be expedited to me.

Several days later and still no package I called PetSmart's customer service line once again. This time I was told I would have to contact fed ex myself and that they weren't sending me a replacement after all even though I was told twice it was on the way! 3 weeks and no filter or no resolution and I'm getting blown off by both PetSmart and Fed ex. Basically I've been told although the package was delivered to the wrong address that I'm out of $200+.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Unless you want to endure a nightmare do not return by mail, I had the misfortune of purchasing an invisible fence that wouldn't pair up with additional collar I bought also from PetSmart. I mailed product back and received delivery confirmation September 21 2021. Here it is October 4 2021 and I am still having to contact PetSmart in regards to refund which I know am being told will be in 2-3 business days. This is after 15 emails 2 calls from me and 1 from their staff only to have to rehash story every time and give tracking number each time.

They do not make the process easy for you, this was my first time and last using PetSmart as their staff on the phone are clueless and you are truly at their mercy even when they send you a email stating refund is being processed they still call and say, "Oh we need this or that to complete refund," I have never been so stressed about a refund as this store has made me. I will continue to use local Pet Supplies Plus for all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Every two weeks, religiously I have gone to Petsmart and bought two weeks of supplies. Two weeks ago, I did as usual. On the way home I noticed a horrific smell. I get the bag home, open it up and in the bottom of the bag were maggots and a worm. Some of the food was open. I tried handling it privately, thru direct messages on Twitter. They told me that the management team would respond. I got a canned email. I tried to call the manager mentioned and was put on eternal hold. Zero further efforts on their part. Sadly I won't be back even though it is a huge inconvenience FOR ME. But, clearly they don't care for their customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I bought a aquarium and fish at PetsMart. To my dismay, two of the fish died within the first week; things happen. What I didn't expect to happen was the color of the water change to the color of the two dead fish (yellow/red). Google informed that I bought man-made fish. Petsmart assured me before I bought the Glow Fish, that they were not man-made. Fine. They reimbursed. Now, 4 months later, my pump has gone out on the aquarium, and I find out that there is only a 60 day warranty. How do you make a 60 day warranty on a product that needs to work continuously for life? I don't care about getting refunds and checks in the mail; I would be much more satisfied with quality products.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Booked app. today with Petsmart Ashland KY for 12;15, took pet over. Was ask to show proof of vaccinations which I did then was told have to wait 48 hrs and they didn't even offer to rebook app. This is the most rudest staff in this dept, every time I seem to visit there are always new faces with same attitudes. Very poor service and will not ever return. Really should close this location.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Today I booked an appointment for my dog to be groomed, which she was. The groomer always does a nice job with the cut. I use the same groomer for consistency. Usually, Monday through Thursday, the price for a basic groom is $50. The last time I went to pay, the price was $53. They said they raised the cost. Today, I the cost was $58. When I asked why it was more, the girl said that this week they didn't give the Mon-Thursday discount due to the holiday. I asked what holiday she was referring to. She replied "July 4th". I said, "It's June 27th."

They don't have any prices posted and no one thought to tell me that it was going to be more. I find this a huge problem. Is this how corporate America treats their customers?! They raise the price anytime they want and don't convey it to the public until it is too late? The fact that they don't have any prices posted is concerning. I talked to the manager who apologized but didn't do anything about it. With that, I let her know that it was terrible the way they treat their regular customers and that I would not be using the service again. PetSmart needs to stop pulling the wool over their customers' eyes.

Original review: June 19, 2021

My wife was at Pet Smart today, and the bill was 22.51 and she gave the cashier 23.01. The cashier said would you like to round it off, and, my wife said, not today… So, then she told me that they didn’t have any coins the bank is not sending them any. She then said, you don’t have any nickels or dimes and she said, not. We feel they should reduce the price of the purchase…THIS IS A BREACH OF CONTRACT…

Original review: May 28, 2021

Do not order from Petsmart.com as if you don't receive the merchandize, you are out your money for the order. They will not refund an order that was not received. I've stated many times that I had not received the merchandize. The rep kept on saying the order was delivered and no refund will be given. That's not how an online order is supposed to work. They need to learn from other online retailers on how to handle customer request when an order is not received.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I was so excited to have this PetSmart close by with a grooming saloon, but not worth it at all. Do not go to this location to get your dog groomed!! I've taken my dog to couple of different places for grooming but never had this kind of experience. First of all it was hard to get an appointment when I needed, after long wait finally I got an appointment due to one cancellation. I got so excited and took my Doodle for her appointment next day. When I walked in the groomer Jennifer W. checked my puppy and said there are no other problems but she will have to charge extra for the special shampoo since the puppy has some matting and also for the nails and plucking hair from her ears, on top of full package price and will let us know if there would be any extra charges when we pick the puppy up.

She charged us double the price, since my pup really needed the bath and haircut so I didn’t argue and agreed to pay hoping to see my puppy will come out looking clean and beautiful with everything taken care of. I gave her special instructions and told her to keep my puppy’s hair longer at least an inch or more. When I went to pick up my puppy, I was very disappointed, sad, mad and frustrated to see my puppy completely shaved, hair on her ears were completely shortened. She looked horrible and different like a sick puppy, groomer Jennifer didn’t even shave her evenly, her coat looked so terrible and bumpy, neck area, behind the ears was completely shaved like no hair, two back legs looked slimmer than the front legs due to uneven shave. I wish I would have never taken her here. After paying double the price I had terrible experience. I will never take my puppy back to this place again, never ever with the groomer Jennifer W.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

My dog had a grooming appointment at 12:30pm. I took him in on time. Walked in, Cheryl the groomer who had his appointment with was cutting a big dog hair still. She said it will be 2 more hours! I asked if there is someone else, she said no. I said, "Why didn't you guys call us at least and give us a heads up." She didn't say anything. She said, "You can come back another day!" Like I am sitting around doing nothing all day long that I needed her permission to drive home for 20 min and come back another day. Lol. SMH. I left and called to talk to a manager. JIMMY the assistant store manager said that I should have left my dog and said they don't call anyone. I should have let them keep my dog in a cage for hours till Cheryl can catch up with her work! Joke!!! So he wanted me to rearrange my time. I asked to talk to the store manager and he said they aren't there. Long story, I was still talking and he said, "Have a good day" and he hung up!

I called their corporate office. Karen was very nice and said someone will get back to me in 48 hours! So now it's been a WHOLE WEEK! I called their corporate office 3 more times and talked to event their manager at the corporate office and still no one has called me back!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ZERO!!! They need help and training and someone to go in and help them learn how to take care of customers! In the Mclean and Vienna area, you need a 5-star service not a 1*!!!! So sad! We've been your customer for 14 years!!! My whole family goes to this store but I guess no more! It's time to move on to a better place that cares for its customers! Now actually it's day 10 since I've been waiting for someone to call me. I talked to a manager at their customer service center today name Trish. She said they will get back to me today. It's been 5 hours and I am still waiting. So disappointed about their customer service. They need training and help!! We will take our pets to Petco from now on as obviously these people don't care!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Late December I purchased a fish tank with a built in water pump, that used Topfin filter RH-L. Early January I needed to replace my filter for the tank however when I went into the store, they did not have stock for the filter. I went in a week later when I was told there would be more from delivery. There was none in stock again. I was then told to buy a bulk filter pad without carbon and replace every 3 to 5 days till they got a new filter, I did this. Now it's early February and even despite going in every week to get a filter there is none. Now due to improper filter being used and build up, even with regular cleaning, my pump seized and all the fish I had died. I was forced to throw away my tank and explain to my 3 year old why all her fish died. The store is the only one in the town of Abilene that sells Topfin which is a PetSmart exclusive. Online charges nearly a $100 for this filter when in store was only $14.99.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I made an online order. Had to open a PayPal account to pay for the items - their system does not accept Visa Debit. I do not use credit. I wanted it delivered to my home - it was an option I chose. This was on a Saturday. I followed up on Tuesday as I hadn't heard anything. Their system did not have my order. The one I had already paid for. I wrote to them, they came back to me a few days later saying one item was backordered - this did not show up when I ordered and paid. They did not tell me which product was backorder... So I asked, they came back with the same email I had gotten the day before. So I said to cancel the order period. That took another 3 emails to accomplish. Customer service does NOT EXIST.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Petsmart took full amt of my online order, but only 1/2 of order is assigned track number and email notice, no mention or record of other 1/2 of order, no tracking for it etc. yet cust. svc emailing that it was already shipped and received by me....LIES...and I can't even get online to look at my order info, their site has crashed and error message is all you get for a week now. Can't even get a person on the phone to talk to! All I get are email replies that either have nothing to do with the issue (canned replies) or lies that 'it was shipped' yet no proof even that they sent the other 1/2 of order....Plus no stock issue, because in all the stores, yet they aren't refunding the missing 1/2 of my order! I now have to file claims everywhere, and will NEVER use them again....If you don't want to lose your money and get ZERO PRODUCT in return, shop elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had the most ridiculous experience with an online order. I signed up for Petsmart as we got a puppy 2 days back. I did make some puchases in-store and they asked me to sign up for pet training classes/grooming sessions, etc. I wanted to do additional purchases, due to covid we decided to buy online. I had coupon and gift cards which I wanted to use, but there some technical glitch in your website and was not telling me make the purchase and also the coupon/card pins was also not working. I called and the lady spend 2 hrs on phone and had similar issue, she was able to select the location and place the order. I hung up because she wasted my 2 hrs of time. I missed two work calls and then cancelled one more meeting to resolve this because I wanted this product immediately and was willing to go to store and pick up to save time.

The rep somehow messed up and escalated to her supervisor, who somehow I thought was a sensible one, she apologised and gave me some discounts due to the major inconvenience caused and wasting my 2.30 hrs behind this. Now she verified twice and thrice and asked me which location I wanted Morrisville or Apex, after all that discussion, I did tell I don't see an email confirmation yet, but I see my card has been charged. The email came a bit delayed, and to my surprise I see a random store in Arizona as a pickup location. I doublechecked my account and all information, because I had signed up this morning. All account information seemed correct. I don't know how the hell did she pick arizona location.

I call again wasted 45 min to explain what happened and the rep said I have to cancel that order and reorder. To that I asked her how will I be able to use the gift card, coupon, etc and additional discounts she gave for a different purchase. She said, "I can resend you a $10 gift card." Well, what a explanation and stupid answer was that, when I had got total of $25 off including everything. The matter is still not resolved. But my previous order which I placed wasting 2.30 hrs has been cancelled and now after wasting the whole day, neither am I able to pick that product from store.

I lost a day, Amazon is out of stock now, cannot deliver by tomorrow. I am waiting for a supervisor to call me and resolve this, not sure if I will receive a call or not. Becasue she said she will call me and resolve this within 5-15 min, it's been 45 min and I have not received any calls from Petsmart. This is an absolute ridiculous experience and I will cancel each and everything I had signed up for with Petsmart and share my experience with every possible consumer site. Worst online purchasing experience ever. I bought from Chewy's and amazon this morning and it was absolutely quick and smooth.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I received a shipment from them that was completely damaged. They did not add shipping material and the heavy items crushed and tore the smaller items. I submitted photos as they requested. They then said I would have to take the damaged item into the store manager for an exchange. I have an underlying condition and am quarantined and why I ordered online. I asked if they would pick it up. They refused repeating they didn’t care and I’d have to go into the store or was out of luck. Extremely rude customer service and horrible shipping. I deleted my account with them and won’t be shopping again either in the US or my other home in Canada. Horrible customer service who don’t care about loyal repeat customers which I was before now.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We had ordered TEN bags of sand for my salt water tank. We received three bags (seven bags short) of sand FOUR days after the date we paid for overnight! Also they sent us a box with a literal circle weight...but charges us 300$ for 3 bags of sand that cost only 18$... and we only have THREE... should only be MAYBE 70$... not 300$!!! We have tried for two days to call customer on hold for hours just for the representative to hang up as soon as it’s my turn. I want my money back. This is ridiculous that Petsmart doesn’t have customer service employees that answer phones... that’s literally their only job requirement.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Deborah at Petsmart does not know how to cut hair for Pomeranian. She will tell you she does but don't trust her. My baby came home with the worst cut ever! Her hair was sticking out in every direction. Her hair on the back of her head was cut flat almost shaved! There used to be a lady her named Heather but she left. Do not let Deborah cut your babies hair.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I contacted PetSmart to find out how their chip program works. Not sure if I could just show up with a stray. The first person told me they don't have a vet on site or anyone able to read a chip. OK.. She tells me to call another location. I call only to be told PetSmart does not have a contract to check for chips. I would need to contact a vet.. That's all, click.. Wow!! All the money that is spent at PetSmart you would think that if our fur baby were to get lost you would be one of the first to help us get reunited. It is advertised as such..please fix this this is not right.

Original review: July 25, 2020

If I could give zero Stars I would. I will never shop at any PetSmart ever again. I bought what turned out to be dangerous cat toy at their store. The very next day my cat got a hold of the toy, chewed it up and ingested the tinsel pieces. I had to rush him to the vet and ended up with a very expensive vet bill and he was sick for a week throwing up and dehydrated. If I hadn't taken my cat to the vet when I did he could have died. I contacted the store and told them I felt this toy needed to be taken off the shelf because my vet had seen these types of toys with foil like tinsel injure other cats before. The store manager was nice and tried to help but the decision was made by PetSmart corporate to continue selling the toy because it had a disclaimer on the package.

I had also asked if they would reimburse me for the vet bill as a good faith measure since they sold me this dangerous toy and it caused my cat injury and a week of illness, worry and stress. I explained that I have been a good customer for many years spending $150 to $200 a month in their store. Over the lifetime of my two cats (not even including my previous pets) that is a lot of money. They refused which in my opinion was shortsighted over a $400 vet bill. It is my opinion that PetSmart cares more about profits than they do the retaining their clients and whether or not another cat would be injured by this toy.

If you love your cat please do not buy this toy and I would encourage anyone to question whether or not PetSmart deserves your business. I pray no other cat is injured by this toy. Here it is 2 weeks later and my cat is still throwing up little pieces of tin foil. Another trip to the vet. God help my kitten to live. I'm sure their competitors will appreciate gaining my business.

PetSmart Company Information