This company is not yet authorized. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
PetPremium is a pet insurance provider that offers accident-only plans, comprehensive coverage and preventive care add-ons. The company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and reimburses you for visits to any licensed vet in the U.S. or Canada. Like other pet insurers, PetPremium requires a waiting period for illnesses and does not cover preexisting conditions.
PetPremium is a pet insurer with multiple policy options for dogs and cats. Customers can visit any licensed vet and usually get reimbursed within two weeks. Add-on wellness options are available starting at $10 per month.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Deductible/reimbursement choices
- Works with any vet
- No online quotes
- No online claim filing
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
How does PetPremium work?
To get PetPremium coverage, call for a free, personalized quote. PetPremium insures dogs and cats that are at least 8 weeks old. There is a 14-day waiting period if your plan includes illness coverage.
Once the policy is active, subscribers can submit a claim by mailing, faxing or emailing the one-page claim form along with itemized receipts. You can then track the status of the claim online. PetPremium’s policy is to pay claims within 30 days. The company accepts claims made within 270 days of treatment, and you have the option to get reimbursed via direct deposit.
PetPremium plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you change your mind within 30 days of signing up, you get a full refund. Like other pet insurance companies, PetPremium doesn’t cover preexisting conditions.
PetPremium offers two main plans: Accident-Only and Total Coverage. The Total Coverage plan covers both accidents and illnesses.
The company offers wellness plans as an optional add-on, extending coverage to regular checkups, vaccines and more. You can choose either the Basic or Prime add-on plan.
PetPremium policies don't cover preexisting conditions. If the condition is curable and 180 days have gone by since the cure and the last treatment, the condition may be eligible for coverage. There’s also no coverage for claw removal, tail docking or certain dental treatments.
PetPremium covers dogs and cats that are at least 8 weeks old. It won’t cancel coverage based on your pet’s age, but the premium is subject to change. There is a 14-day waiting period for illness coverage and coverage for ligament and knee conditions.
The cost of a PetPremium policy depends largely on your pet's age and breed, your location and the type of coverage. For a lower cost, choose a higher deductible and a lower reimbursement percentage. PetPremium has deductible options of $100, $250 and $500 per policy period. It offers reimbursement percentage options of 70%, 80% and 90%.
You can also add a preventive care plan to cover wellness exams, vaccines, blood testing, urinalysis and more. PetPremium has two levels of plans; one costs $10 per month and the other costs $25 per month.
PetPremium accepts credit cards or automatic withdrawals; you can pay monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually. There is a discount for insuring multiple pets.
- Can I use PetPremium at any vet’s office?
- Yes, you can visit any licensed veterinarian in the U.S. or Canada. After the appointment, submit the claim form along with receipts to PetPremium for reimbursement.
- Does PetPremium cover preexisting conditions?
- No, PetPremium doesn’t cover preexisting conditions. If the condition is curable and 180 days have passed last since the last treatment and the cure, it’s possible your pet will be covered.
- What is PetPremium’s cancellation policy?
- You can cancel your policy for a full refund within the first 30 days, provided you haven't submitted any claims. Contact PetPremium by phone to cancel your policy.
- Does PetPremium offer discounts?
- PetPremium offers discounts for insuring multiple pets. You may also be able to save by paying annually for coverage. Contact the company for information about discounts.
- Does PetPremium cover bloodwork?
- Consult your policy to determine whether it covers bloodwork. It may cover bloodwork if it’s part of a visit to treat an accident or illness. PetPremium’s Prime wellness add-on plan covers blood testing.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
PetPremium Company Information
- Company Name:
- Ticker Symbol:
- 8 Beach St. Suite 6
- New York
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.