3.8/5 (868 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Petco

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: May 12, 2022

Been a customer for years and I find all your salespeople so knowledgeable and kind. Petco was my last stop today. Jenn (manager) and Jillian were both at check out. They made my day. So fun and sweet. After a day of rude salespeople. Congratulations to the Gloucester, MA store. I've even called looking for advice and been treated like an old friend. Thank you Jenn, you're a great asset to the Petco co.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I just wanted to thank Kayla at your Rockville store on Rockville Pike! She works in the fish department. Kayla has been very helpful in helping me set up my aquarium. She was very knowledgeable and patient with me and my purchases. Kudos for having her on your team!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I order my dog's prescription food from Petco, the food is ridiculously expensive, not Petco’s fault! First of all they have the deal of get your 7th bag for free, outstanding. Second of all the rewards, I usually get $5 off every order because her food is so expensive. Third of all the auto order deal is wonderful! I have had her food backordered a couple of times because of covid and the maker not having staff or what not. I message them in chat or call them on the phone and they are SO helpful and professional. They have had to cancel an order for me because I can’t wait the 10 days to see if the order ships. They cancel it really fast without any issues.

Then I have to call all the vets around me hoping to find my dog's food because she can’t eat any other food, ever. Again that’s not Petco’s fault. If you see your order sitting there pending just message them and ask why! If it’s because the maker has no staff, that’s out of Petco’s hands. I’m extremely impressed with Petco and appreciate them. I feel they have my pet's best interest!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

After trying the different dog foods on the market, we found that Royal Canin Adult dog food was the perfect choice for our 10 yr old Chihuahua Lucy. Thanks to Petco and their wide variety of different brands.

Original review: May 22, 2021

My experience the several times going into Petco has been the best working with Gary (cashier). He is a kind soul and a ray of sunshine. He makes my day as I shop for items for my puppy. Very helpful and pleasant to speak to. I hope Gary works here forever and gets a BIG raise! The grooming department can use some improvement with time management and communication with their clients on what is available. Also, reaching out to pet owners if something can't be done.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have gone to this Petco on 117th in Beaverton Oregon for over 30 years for all our pets and will now never go into another Petco again unless they fire their current groomer and notify me. Dani, Petco's only groomer at this Beaverton location refused to groom my golden retriever unless I paid extra for a "de-shedding shampoo". When I responded my golden did not need that, but maybe just extra brushing, Dani responded that she would not do that because my golden may get "brush burn". She then told me to go somewhere else. I can't believe Patrick, the manager on duty backed up her treatment of a long time loyal customer. Petco needs to educate their employees on customer service. Don't waste your time here and just find another place to groom your pet.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Two weeks in a row I attempted to purchase fish for my pond at the Hanover Pa. Petco. I was told twice that they would not sell me goldfish or koi because it was too cold outside. I explained that my pond is not natural and I have it temperature regulated and the day in question my pond water was 68 degrees. They flat out refused and the store manager told me I needed to take a picture of a thermometer in the pond to prove that the water is warm enough (essentially calling me a liar). If and when a customer service representative reaches out to me I will be happy to provide proof of the water temperature (even though I shouldn't have to). I expect an apology at the very least as I should not have to be vetted this extreme to buy goldfish.

Original review: April 23, 2022

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Do not take your for for grooming at Petco 13 Mile and Orchard Lake! My beautiful 10 month old Bernedoodle was injured there last Saturday and is now on 5 different meds! Their groomers and salon manager Jennifer DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GROOM DOODLES and will charge you $149 to brush out any matting and then proceed to shave your dog down to its skin! They cut and burned both of my girl's ears, feet and neck! Shame on you Petco for not hiring professionals!

Original review: April 13, 2022

I had been a member of Petco's Pals Rewards for an entire year. I buy online and pickup at the store, due to the pandemic. First of all, the promotion to save 15% if I buy online and pick up in store is ridiculous, because I went to the aisle and looked at the price and I was literally only saving $1 - due to a yearlong "promotion" from the manufacturer that is in store only. Hmm Then, I mentioned how sad it was the prices of dog food have gotten so high... and he mentions the buy 7 bags and get 1 free deal. Well, unless he told me, I would not have seen this as it is not on the website. It is only available IN THE APP. ONLY. And needless to say, Petco would not honor the 6 large bags of dog food I had already purchased as a PALS member. Just because of an app. I remember Pet Supermarket had a similar deal but the cashiers actually mention it all the time AND no app is required. So, I'm done throwing my money away at PETCO.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I purchased defective products (aquarium bubblers) in store. I contacted Petco online and they say they will not provide any customer service online for products bought in store. Their closest store is too far to drive to exchange something. I've been a constant customer for 8 years and did not expect a company in 2022 not to provide service for their defective products.

Petco Company Information