1.2/5 (30 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Petco

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

Purchased over $500 of merchandise including a crate that I ended up not needing. When checking out, the cashier failed to put me in the system with my phone number. I recall that it appeared he didn’t want to be there so failed to do anything more than get me out of the store. I could not return this expensive item because I did not have a receipt or was in their system. I called the corporate office and was told their system could not process a return without one of these items. That is ridiculous! They make it impossible to return items. I have 2 cats and 1 dog where I will taking all my business elsewhere. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Tried to return an unopened bag of dog food with my receipt that was 6 weeks old. Was told no refund or credit could be issued and the company doesn't care about customer service. The only thing the company cares about is keeping their return numbers below 7%. Contacted Corp office and still got nowhere. Told them I would be leaving them poor reviews and still didn't care. They would rather keep my money, waste perfectly good dog food, that could be resold and lose a customer for life than do the right thing. Wow eye opening! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT PETCO AGAIN!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Poor customer service in the grooming department. Employees rude and argumentative. Refused further service after appt time unintentionally missed. Contacted Corp to close Vital Care membership and were practically ignored until persistence paid off. Bye Petco.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Ordered product and never received it. I called and was told product had been shipped but according to UPS and Petco website it was never picked up and shipped. Customer service was reading back to me the same as I had been reading online. They kept telling me items had been shipped and UPS said the items were not in their possession. This went on for about 3 days. Finally after talking to 4 different people and asking to speak to a supervisor they sent me a new order number and will not know if I get product or not This was worst experience I have ever had ordering anything online. I will never be using Petco again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Ordered an RX and opened their Mastercard to get discount off first online order. 1st call to Petco with question about RX the agent actually sighed loudly on me. Now 2 months later I am still fighting with the credit card to get discount. Petco chose Comenity Bank for their credit card. Horrible to deal with. I’ll be closing that card once I get it rectified and will give my business elsewhere. Too difficult and too much time involved. Don’t need the headache.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Petco does not care about your pet, they have horrible customer service - I had to call three times to finally speak with someone, even though every time I called they assured me I would get a call back. They up-charge on everything and the well being of your pet is not the main concern.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

This product is sold as a phenomenal discount and reward for those of us who have been loyal customers. In fact this is a convoluted way of drafting money. In order to use the program you must remember each and every month to log in and "apply a credit" for the money they have already drafted from you to go towards services. If you don't log in they will not apply it automatically. If you don't log in often enough your points are voided and you get locked out of your account.

I had difficulty with a store in the area to which I moved being unable to schedule a reasonable amount of time for 2 Yorkies (8 hours of my day is required for this to occur) and the groomer only works maybe 3-4 days a week, significantly decreasing the value of the service. I have shopped with this company since 2016 and this experience plus the 1:30 with customer service trying to resolve this has alienated me from wanting to do business in the future.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Made a couple purchases online with same day and next day delivery. Three days went by with no movement on the order when. When I call Petco customer service they couldn't confirm inventory in the store even though the website showed inventory was available. Customer service said it wasn't their issue and to contact DoorDash to validate petco's inventory. Are you kidding me???? I have to call the third party service to validate your inventory and my order? Customer service was more interested in canceling my order than looking into fulfilling my order. I got my refund. I took my business to Amazon. Never again am I ordering online from these goof balls. Reference #**.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Took my dog for grooming, have taken her many times before with no problems. Picked her up, was told by an employee NOT manager that the manager stated I was not allowed to bring her back again. Called 1800 number. Spoke with multiple people that they would issue a refund. Didn’t receive it, spoke to Gary ** (area manager) multiple times, was told a refund was going to be issued. 4 months now and have not received it. Please do NOT take your dog to be groomed at the Henderson Rd Columbus OH.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Petco used the bait and switch scam when selling cat food through Amazon. There was a product that came up with a really good price for a 24 pack of wet cat food for urinary tract health. I ordered 2 of the 24 packs. When it was delivered it was only 2 individual cans. When contacting their customer service their excuse was that it was a product mismatch and the only thing they can do is offer a refund. That does no good for the cat that needs the food. When pushed on it, the next excuse was technical errors. To me that is a bait and switch and then their atrocious customer service did not want to provide the product that I purchased. In my opinion this is illegal and they should be ashamed of themselves. I will never purchase anything from petco again.

Petco Company Information