3.5/5 (4673 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Petco

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: May 12, 2022

Been a customer for years and I find all your salespeople so knowledgeable and kind. Petco was my last stop today. Jenn (manager) and Jillian were both at check out. They made my day. So fun and sweet. After a day of rude salespeople. Congratulations to the Gloucester, MA store. I've even called looking for advice and been treated like an old friend. Thank you Jenn, you're a great asset to the Petco co.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I just wanted to thank Kayla at your Rockville store on Rockville Pike! She works in the fish department. Kayla has been very helpful in helping me set up my aquarium. She was very knowledgeable and patient with me and my purchases. Kudos for having her on your team!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I order my dog's prescription food from Petco, the food is ridiculously expensive, not Petco’s fault! First of all they have the deal of get your 7th bag for free, outstanding. Second of all the rewards, I usually get $5 off every order because her food is so expensive. Third of all the auto order deal is wonderful! I have had her food backordered a couple of times because of covid and the maker not having staff or what not. I message them in chat or call them on the phone and they are SO helpful and professional. They have had to cancel an order for me because I can’t wait the 10 days to see if the order ships. They cancel it really fast without any issues.

Then I have to call all the vets around me hoping to find my dog's food because she can’t eat any other food, ever. Again that’s not Petco’s fault. If you see your order sitting there pending just message them and ask why! If it’s because the maker has no staff, that’s out of Petco’s hands. I’m extremely impressed with Petco and appreciate them. I feel they have my pet's best interest!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

After trying the different dog foods on the market, we found that Royal Canin Adult dog food was the perfect choice for our 10 yr old Chihuahua Lucy. Thanks to Petco and their wide variety of different brands.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Petco at the North Andover location, the associate Stephanie, very poor customer service experience! Do not visit this location for your pet grooming services. This associate's vibe is not good and doesn't know nor have the patience to deal with dogs. Not sure how she is even working there.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I ordered cat food diet as soon as I got email product is in stock. It went through and got email my order will be delivered within 2 days.. Well not really, they have filled in orders for all their friends probably and ignored my order that 10 days later on chat I'm told my order is backordered. Shame on you.. You are a total ignorant, completely corrupt and unprofessional company. you have zero review points. You have no shame and lie to customers while sending and fulfilling orders for your friends when item comes in stock.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Yesterday I ordered to pick up a 40-gallon fish tank from Petco in Carson City Nevada at 911 Topsy Lane. I was really excited and happy to pick it up. That was the closest one to my home 45 min away without traffic. That afternoon I head down the mountain with a friend to Petco. When I entered the store there were three cashiers and a busy store. All three cashiers were away from their registers and talking, I asked where I would go for an online pick-up and was directed to the front corner of the store. There were a couple of other items I wanted but instead decided to load my tank instead. I let the cashiers know I was ready and that I would need some help. I was literally told to wait by your items so I did.

A man proceeded to come around the corner at the same time as a woman went into a bin-type thing grabbed a large bag of dog food and started toward the door. He looked at me as if I was doing something wrong and snapped at me to wait for someone. I am not supposed to be there to pick up my items. I stood there kinda shocked by his attitude and demeanor. He said a couple of unkind words to the girl with the dog food, turned around grabbed the tank by the edge of the end panel almost hitting me. I said nothing I was kind of fuming at this point.

I have a wheelchair lift on the back of my SUV and had to pull the pin to let it down. I am handicapped and have a service dog. My friend is handicapped also. I did not bring my scooter I thought it was a front-door pick-up. He slammed the once again and swung the tank around. I Said, "do not do that it puts stress on the side of the tank!" He slams it down on my chair lift and starts to walk away, as he is walking the tank starts to fall. I told him he did not have to be so rude! He then starts screaming at me that I am rude! and called us a couple of ** under his breath. A couple who were just entering the store turned around and asked if we were ok, and who that guy was. I told them an employee, they said what a ** and went back to their car. I went in and by this time my friend and I had maneuvered the tank into my SUV.

When we were done we were both upset in pain and shocked at the treatment we received. I then went into the store to ask for the manager. They all 3 gave me different names!! As they are saying this the guy comes around the corner and starts yelling at me. One of the girls says he is the manager. I ask for corporate and I am told to look it up, and he then confirms it and says “What are you going to do about it? These girls are my witnesses!!!!" I told the one girl, "I was sorry you have to work under these conditions" as she was apologizing for what was happening when another cashier said, "I like our boss. We can get away with anything!?

Thankfully I was able to finish my shopping at Petsmart. The customer service at Petsmart was amazing, I spoke to the manager and told them how impressed I was with the customer service, and even wrote a letter to corporate thanking them. They gave me 10% off for the troubles I had at your store!!! As we tell people and post about your Carson City store and our experience I sort of feel better knowing I am not the only one who has stopped shopping there. It is ok to miss a sale or pay more not to shop at any Petco again. Sincerely Pat.

Original review: June 2, 2022

This was the first time I had ordered medication from Petco. My dog had a partial tear on her hind leg, and needed her rx asap. They received the approval from our vet THE NEXT DAY. The website said delivery 3-5 days. It's now been 2 WEEKS! I've followed up SEVERAL times with their (incompetent) customer service. NOW they are telling me it's going to be another week! Almost a MONTH for an urgent medication! Stick with Chewy!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have gone to this Petco on 117th in Beaverton Oregon for over 30 years for all our pets and will now never go into another Petco again unless they fire their current groomer and notify me. Dani, Petco's only groomer at this Beaverton location refused to groom my golden retriever unless I paid extra for a "de-shedding shampoo". When I responded my golden did not need that, but maybe just extra brushing, Dani responded that she would not do that because my golden may get "brush burn". She then told me to go somewhere else. I can't believe Patrick, the manager on duty backed up her treatment of a long time loyal customer. Petco needs to educate their employees on customer service. Don't waste your time here and just find another place to groom your pet.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Two weeks in a row I attempted to purchase fish for my pond at the Hanover Pa. Petco. I was told twice that they would not sell me goldfish or koi because it was too cold outside. I explained that my pond is not natural and I have it temperature regulated and the day in question my pond water was 68 degrees. They flat out refused and the store manager told me I needed to take a picture of a thermometer in the pond to prove that the water is warm enough (essentially calling me a liar). If and when a customer service representative reaches out to me I will be happy to provide proof of the water temperature (even though I shouldn't have to). I expect an apology at the very least as I should not have to be vetted this extreme to buy goldfish.

Petco Company Information