3.60/5
Based on 1,299 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a pet store?

Looking for a pet store?

PETCO Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Carbondale location. For once I have come across a Petco that has knowledgeable employees. I'm completely surprised and happy about this. One of the managers has done an excellent job training. I'm all about aquatics and amphibians. Every employee running these stations gives me information that is not conflicting and if they don't know, sometimes they'll Google it for me. They price match to their website, which I found can be dollars cheaper. They're all friendly and I feel as if they value what they do. They greet customers, offer help and some if they actually want to learn. This store also carries Keyholes, Rainbow cichlids, Rams, Apistos, Threadfin rainbows, Pencil fish, Cherry Shrimp, Neon Gobies, salt water fish, corals, and regular fish. If the fish isn't there, you can request an order if it's on a list. They also had freshwater micro crabs (Thai crabs). I'm very impressed with this store.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Best thing about PETCO - they will help you find the lowest price on your pet food and match it every time you come in, as long as you bring your last, fairly current receipt from them. I get a bag of cat food worth 32.00 for 15.99 every time I shop.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Petco is a very nice and clean store where you can bring your pet but I wouldn't have them groom or cut my dog's nails simply because they tend to nick the nail where it left an impression on my dog. So I only shop there because they have quite the variety for pets but for grooming I go elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The staff is well trained on the different products, able to answer my questions and are helpful when I'm trying to decide what to feed my pets or the best liter and treats. They make me feel welcome without smothering me by trying to sell me product I don't want. Taking a special interest in me and my pets makes me want to come back.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I think the customer service at PETCO is fantastic! When my Newfoundland was in terrible pain from arthritis, we tried everything to help him. Our vet tried one medication after another, along with supplements. The poor dog was still in pain, and only 5 years old. We thought we'd have to put him to sleep, he was so miserable. I was at PETCO picking up dog food, and took a look at the joint supplement aisle. So many choices--so confusing. One of the employees asked if he could help me. I told him about our Newfie, and he went straight to the PETCO brand of Joint Formula III. I thought it was rather pricey, but the alternative was to say goodbye to a young dog.

That employee saved my dog's life! Our big boy was running and jumping like a puppy after only a week on that supplement. It bought him an additional 7 years, and as long as he had his daily dose of Joint Formula III, he was pain-free. That was several years ago, and PETCO's customer service has never wavered. They just hire really good people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PETCO?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Tyler at the Petco in Spring, TX needs to be trained on how to deal with customers and how to communicate with owners when he runs into an issue and not make a decision on his own with an owner's dog. My dog had one small gnat on the belly, my dog is a Shih Pzu with hair at the time three quaters in length. I told him to shave the one small area and then everything else do as we dicussed. Tyler did the opposite and scalped my poor dog down to the skin, this is about to go legal so get ready.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

We were charged twice for our repeat delivery and customer service is giving us the run around. They see where we were charged by one of their employees and then charged again for the same bag of food. We have been trying to get answers for 2 weeks and all we get is "We will call you back," which never happens. They seem ok with their employees stealing money from your account. We will never do business with Petco again and I will continue to tell people about our experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Have now lost two sun conures and one Jenday. As an attorney I always tell. the truth, I noticed my review of Petco is on hold and have no idea why. I am very upset that on these three birds my cost was about $2399. Because I tweeted about this and was not credited by Discover I am not allowed to purchase any other birds at Petco. Last bird less than two and a half died.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Needed to order flea treatment for my 2 dogs. I wanted to have product ASAP, so I ordered online for in-store pickup. Could not log in to existing users, tried to reset password. Waited 5 minutes, did not receive a password link, so I checked out as a guest. The order was confirmed and everything looked great. In 20 minutes or so, received pick-up confirmation. I noticed the order was incorrect and so was the total. I called the local store to check. They informed me that I had to speak with customer service to make any changes to the order. I asked customer service to edit the order, instead, they canceled it and told me to expect a refund in 7 days. Then they wanted to place a new order. I thanked the customer service rep "**" for handling the situation kindly and asked to speak to a manager about the issue they must have with their website ordering software. I was put on a brief hold and then hung up on.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Nov 02, 2019 Order Number ** Totaling $17.07 for 3 items (Zoo Med Nano Infrared Heat Lamp, 40 Watt) SKU: 2941390 for $5.69 Each. I originally placed an order online Oct 02, 2019 for these items only to find out that I was defaulted to (Repeat Order) and received another duplicate shipment charged to my Bank Card on November 02 2019. Many companies seem to be doing this to people and hiding the fact that the order is set to duplicate. It's FRAUD in my opinion and I will not be ordering from PETCO further. Lovely free enterprise system we have to allow this to happen to people. Thanks and have a better day.

PETCO Company Information