2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,420 ratings submitted in the last year

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: March 28, 2021

My cat loves to go outdoors. This Harness and Leash makes it easy for both of us to sit on our porch or patio without fear. It took some work to figure out the perfect one for her with the ease of getting on and off her by me. The team at the Frankfort, Kentucky store always has the answers. I trust them and enjoy being helped by a team that makes you feel so welcome. Thank You, Elizabeth, Alison and Motley. You know they say three heads are better than one and I agree. Keep working as a Team and I will always look forward to coming to you for answers. Diana

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I gave up another well known company when I found Petco and, I'm glad I did. The staff as well as the managers are extremely polite, nice and very helpful. They take the time 2 answer your questions and are never too busy to explain to you the nature of your question. They don't rush you. Vicki, Athena, Maureen, Nicki, Gabby, Carley, and Emily as well as ones I may not have mentioned, have the best personalities and are great at their job. They know the answers to your questions as well as giving you more info along with it. Petco in Brooklawn is a terrific store with a staff that knows what you as well as your pet needs. A very clean environment, and well managed store with a knowledgeable staff. Great prices great staff, couldn't ask for better!!!!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

PETCO What an amazing company. I have shopped at PetCo for many years at many locations and always found the employees very helpful and pleasant. My most recent interaction was beyond good customer service. I sent PetCo an email letting them know my pet had died and could they please remove me from their mailing list as it made me sad every time they sent me a new advertisement.

First they sent me this nice note back: "We are so sorry to hear about your loss, and our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. We completed your unsubscribe request, and you will stop receiving all non-transactional emails within 48 – 72 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience the email caused. Thank you again for being part of the Petco family and giving us the opportunity to address your request." Then they sent me flowers! Unbelievably kind and thoughtful from such a large company.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I always shopped at PetSmart and I recently switched over to Petco when I was shopping online for cat products and noticed their amazing prices! They have great deals and sales, as well as a loyalty program that is very easy to use and keep track of. They have amazing customer service representatives who are always friendly, polite, and cheerful! They are quick to answer the phone as well. Recently, I placed a pickup in store order for something at Petco. Unfortunately, they cancelled my pickup in store order because the product was out of stock but they then emailed me and offered to ship the product to me for free, with an additional discount! So I ended up getting my product shipped to me for even cheaper than I was expecting with in store pickup. Great experience!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I always have loved the store Petco in Commack NY. Everyone is usually very nice. However one day I was having a really bad day and I was giving some attitude. The girl who was helping me, Mikayla, was so kind and patient. I even accidentally raised my voice and she still kept calm and found everything I needed. I even had to go back to the store that same day because I forgot something and she helped me right away. She was a sweetheart. She even spoke Spanish which helped greatly when I didn’t know some of the English words. She definitely will be who I look for the next time I come in.

Original review: May 11, 2021

We have been faithful customers of Petco repeat delivery program for over 5 years! For the last 2 months they have chosen to cancel our order in favor of sending our bags of food to new customers. No doubt in hopes of snaring new fools to replace those of us who have wised up about their repugnant marketing strategy. But read more, their quality control is horrible. The smell differs from bag to bag with some having a distinctly rancid odor. And God help you if you try to work with what passes for customer service. They couldn't give you an honest answer if they wanted to, and they don't want to!

Original review: May 10, 2021

Customer services is out of the Phillippines – Coward management in California. Customer service verifies there is no corporate contact, yet corporate employees receive a paycheck – for what? Zero customer care – no follow up with customer concerns. Would not ever admit to working with this so-called company. Seems this company is merely a warehouse, so best of luck with any if any educational assistance. You’ve been warned. However, continue to engage in closing this company.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have been a regular customer for over 20 years. Well, I was a customer for over 20 years. Two weeks ago I purchased prescription dog food online. At the time of my purchase, items were in stock. After nearly a week, I received an email saying they were having trouble contacting my vet for approval. I emailed a screenshot of my dog's medications with the dog food on the list and I reached out to my vet personally. My vet said that they didn’t receive ANY communication from Petco at all.

When Petco finally did ship my order, they only shipped half of it and needed 10 days to find the other half. I find it unacceptable to wait 3 weeks for an order. I would have ordered it from somewhere else if I knew it would take 3 weeks. Their customer service was less than helpful. Sometimes the same apology Over and over doesn’t in fact make it better. I told them to cancel my order, but of course now I have to go to the store to return the half that shipped this morning. The inconveniences of making calls to the vet, emailing documentation, all the time on the phone with “customer service”, and now returning the half to the store added up. It didn’t have to be this way. They won’t be getting my business anymore.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Needed clear aquarium sealant and checked the Petco website to see if they had it in stock, yes for pickup today. Once there I couldn't find any. Asked for help and the manager pointed to black sealant, said that's all they have and left. Tried to get her to check on the exact item I wanted but she wouldn't. I tried to explain the website shows it is in stock but she said that is online not the store. I showed her the website has it as in store pick up today but she again said that is only if I order it. I asked what if I order now? She said then we would go to the stockroom pick it and email when it is ready. OK but why can't you just go pick it now? She said because they don't have any. If she wasn't so rude about it I would have thought maybe she is playing a joke on me. I left without the sealant. So much for trying to support local stores.

Original review: March 9, 2021

My cat was prescribed a certain food that Petco carries. While attempting to verify the prescription, I asked my veterinarian why they hadn't responded to the confirmation request. My vet said they would only respond directly to certain sellers and provided me with a written prescription. I contacted Petco via the online chat and was instructed to scan and submit the prescription form and order number to their intake email address (PetcoVetDiets at petco.com) and it would clear the issue (needing a prescription). Fast forward to today when I receive a notice from PetcoVetDiets that my order has been canceled. I guess I'll have to re-order through a supplier my vet supports, or at least pays attention to the emails their customers send. Not Happy! :(

Petco Company Information