2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 1,851 ratings submitted in the last year

Petco sells anything you need for your dog, cat, bird, reptile or other small pet. Products include food, treats, toys, supplies and medicine. You can purchase pet products or refill prescriptions online or at any Petco location. Veterinary and grooming services are available at select locations.

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Petco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petco?

Original review: June 18, 2020

My husband placed an online order May 25th for dog food and a mistake was made due to a glitch on the website and the wrong dog food was ordered so my husband called immediately to have them fix it. The rep wouldn't help me saying it was too late. The order already went to the shipping department and they couldn't do anything about it. My hubby asked for the manager and they escalated the call and he spoke to Lisa who pretty much said the same thing and also said she could cancel the order but it's not a guarantee it would be stopped and couldn't guarantee a refund. She offered no solutions and basically told us it's too late when we called no more than 5 mins after the original order was made.

I was angry at her poor customer service and shinning on my husband and said there's nothing they can do so I called and had them escalate the call and spoke with Phoenix and she said almost the same thing but suggested a few options on how we can fix it and offered a free bag of food for the inconvenience. I let her know my husband was on the phone with Lisa trying to get help. Phoenix spoke with Lisa and told her to adjust the order to the correct bag of food and NOT cancel the order and to send us a free bag for free for the inconvenience. My hubby continued the call with Lisa and I ended my call with the other rep now that the order was supposed to be fixed.

We were told it was going to be $** dollars and we'd get a free bag. We got over charged and we got the free bag. My hubby called around 3 different times wondering what's going on and again no help, no solutions, and being put on hold for over 1.5hrs collectively for all 3 calls. All were escalated or was told a senior rep would call back and that never happened. Finally he spoke with someone and was told they would refund the difference for the overcharged (and we still think we're waiting on the 3 bags of dog food we ordered.)

Days later he sees they refunded all the money. He tried several more times after that to find out what's going on, we got the free bag of dog food and were wondering where the 3 bags are and why did they refunded us the whole amount. No one could give him a straight answer and they would put him on hold or told he'd get a call back. He's still waiting for anyone of those call back. So I start calling cause we're running out of dog food AND ALL WE WANTED WAS OUR ORDER. I got the same treatment. And everytime I call no one can give me a STRAIGHT answer or I have to hold so they can review their notes or even worse customer service told I have to hold so they can write their notes when nothing has been resolved and now there just wasting my time. I've gotten hung up one while on hold for several min and no one called me back.

I started taking the names of people I spoke with. Jason lied to me and said, "Your order will arrive tonight," per the tracking info he was looking at. That was on June 1st. He gave me a tracking that doesn't exists and NO delivery was made. I would ask for the reps' names and to spell it and I would be ignored hung up on or refused. I was told several times I couldn't speak with a manager or that I was speaking to someone in the cooperate office. I've spoken with Phoenix, Lisa, Wenty, Lynn, Jason, Yzett, Michaela, Miaty and a few more. I didn't get their names. I was continually put on hold, told someone would call me back (I'm still waiting for those calls) I'd be passed around, lied to, and never get any help or resolution.

THE REPS WERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WRITING THERE NOTES THEN HELPING ME WITH MY ORDER. Someone had canceled my order instead of refunding the difference like I mentioned in the beginning they refunded the whole order, never made a new one and sent us the free bag. Now it's been a few weeks and the price of dog food went up and I wanted my order at the price it was when I ordered it.. Not the new more expensive prices,, it wasn't my fault a Petco employee canceled my order and I shouldn't have to pay that price, especially when both my husband and I have been calling asking what's going on and no one could tell me the truth.

June 6th, after speaking with another horrible rep I got transferred to Lynn and had to explain everything for the hundredth time. She told me she would put in the order for the original price and she gave us a credit on a future order. I set up auto monthly to get a discount and gave our credit card info and we're charged the next day. Lynn said we would be every 7th of the month. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! It was that simple and going on 3 weeks now of lies and boom just like that I got the resolution and help I needed. Or so I thought… It's now the Jund 18 and still NO DOG FOOD. I want to pull out my hair. This is RIDICULOUS!

For almost a week the tracking info said ready to ship. I again called and spoke with someone that said it would arrive tonight by 9pm. I was charged on the 7th and I have to wait till the 18th for an order I originally put in May 25th. And all the b.s. I put up with, time ice spent..wasted trying to find out what's going on and where's my food. The worst experience ever! Words don't even describe how angry I am. I hope the dog food shows up tonight like they said it would...but I won't hold my breath.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Over one month ago, I ordered a recurring delivery of three cases of prescription dog food per month, from Petco. After waiting and finally picking up extra cases of food from my vet, Petco sent me an email saying my order was cancelled. I emailed back and said I would not do business with them again, and that I would order the food from a different company. One month later, Petco emailed me saying my order had been shipped. I called to remind them they had cancelled my order and I was now on my second delivery from a different company. They said my order had only been cancelled for one month, so I reiterated that my order was to be cancelled permanently.

When their delivery showed up on my porch, I called my local Petco and explained I am in the high risk group for Covid-19 and asked to return the shipment via curbside drop off. They told me to call customer service to arrange for UPS pick up. Customer service said I could go to UPS and pay to return the dog food to them. Next I called an operator at corporate headquarters, who said she would relay my message to a corporate manager and I would be hearing back shortly. I have not heard back. Dealing with Petco is frustrating at best. I have now enlisted the help of the BBB.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Purchased a guinea pigs 5/22 from Petco in Bartlett. She was sold to us with an eye infection. Called the store as we were still well within the 30 days of the “pet guarantee” and was told by the store manager to just sell the pet back to the store. Which is not stated on the companion animal purchase card. My child has gained an attachment to this pet and does not want to lose her. Store gives no other option to assist with the infection. Please be aware of purchasing animals from Petco as they do not care about their customers. I was just offered a refund for the pet and no apology for selling me a pet with an infection. Plus all the money spent on the pet with them. No way to do business. Corporate was no help either. Go to Petsmart. I am now having to pay more money out of pocket to have the guinea pig treated on my own. Thanks Petco.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Curbside pickup did not answer our calls from our cell in the car to come out. I went inside, employees not wearing masks. Employees were incompetent and rude. Did not offer to carry heavy item (cat litter) outside for us!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I always have loved the store Petco in Commack NY. Everyone is usually very nice. However one day I was having a really bad day and I was giving some attitude. The girl who was helping me, Mikayla, was so kind and patient. I even accidentally raised my voice and she still kept calm and found everything I needed. I even had to go back to the store that same day because I forgot something and she helped me right away. She was a sweetheart. She even spoke Spanish which helped greatly when I didn’t know some of the English words. She definitely will be who I look for the next time I come in.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I purchased a cat tree from Petco. It was the 72" Go Pet Club with condos. I didn't have it put up for a full day and my cat got her claw caught underneath the screw that holds it together. The screws are rather large and don't fit flush. She tore her ligament in her leg in half. It required surgery that cost me over $1000.00. She is still recovering and confined in a room until she heals completely. I notified Petco of the problem in hopes that they could stop production or find some way of keeping this from happening to other cats. They don't seem to be too concerned about it but if I can save at least one pet owner and their pet from this it will be worth it. Please be aware of the danger.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have had the worse experience ordering some cases of cat food for delivery from Petco EVER. I ordered 6 cases, but the shipment was split into 3, which would be fine, but I have only received 1/2 of my order. I contacted Petco 3 times to obtain a credit for the cat food not received and was given the run around all 3 times. Finally the last time I was told that I would receive a credit, and made sure I copied the conversation for proof. Yet, I STILL do not have the credit I deserve for the cat food I did not receive. The other thing that bothers me about the whole order is that my card was charge for the whole order all at once and not just the portions that were actually shipping like Amazon does. I am extremely frustrated at this point with Petco and will never be using their online order/delivery service again.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Trying to get my pet’s prescription refilled has been a nightmare. After several weeks of numerous phone calls, I have not been able to get my pet’s prescription refilled. Charged for unfilled orders.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I tried for over a week to order vet-prescribed kidney care dogfood through Petco online. I placed the order, and emailed the required vet prescription on same day. A week later, the order is still on hold because Petco is waiting for a vet callback. I told them three times the vet will not respond because of other urgent matters in the pandemic. That is why the vet gave me a written prescription. Petco advertises to send prescriptions to petcovetdiets@petco.com, and I have now done that three times. They still will not fill my order. Petco doesn't care about sick animals.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I ordered online with 35% first order and free shipping during stay at home order. When I was transferred to Paypal site and then back it didn't apply discounts, and my card was charged nearly $50 more. Tried a live chat and they were unavailable. Called the customer service number and waited an extraordinarily long time to talk with a representative. When I did get one it was a call center and he spoke broken English. I explained my issue and he said he couldn't apply discount. He said the first part had shipped. I could refuse the order (which I couldn't be available at home to do so), I could ship it back at my expense, or he offered me $20 in coupons. I said I'll accept the first item but cancel the remaining item. He said he could do this and repeated everything back word for word. He would refund my card. This process took close to an hour.

I then received an email that the next item shipped and no refund. Again I spent 56 minutes on the phone, with someone in Philippines that was in training and didn't speak good English and didn't have an identification number. She was unable to stop or refund the order...that I had already done. I asked for her to look at previous conversation that was supposedly recorded for training purposes...No record. Less than acceptable training and customer service. Lost my repeat order and business.

Petco Company Information