2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have a Papillon weighs 10 lbs. He won't eat nothing but Ol Roy. It's a small square container. He absolutely loves it???? Not to be rude or sound like a smart ** but the negative reviews I've read seem to be the owners' fault not the food or treats. It's common sense if you change your dogs foods or treats they will get sick from it because you're throwing their body into shock from what they normally eat. Any vet will tell you if you change their diet they may have runny stool, vomiting, cramps, etc till their body adjusts. A lot of breeds will form tumors as they age but usually benign tumors. So you can't positively say it's Ol Roy products causing issues unless you have had food tested by a licensed company and a autopsy done on your pet to prove it was the food. Educate yourself on animals and products so you're good parents to your 4 legged babies.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My dog loves your Munchy Bones dog treats. I like that she can have a great variety in flavors. She loves the peanut butter and beef and chicken. She gets one a day. So please keep making a great dog treats.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Some many reviews on here and I can't believe what I'm reading, but each to their own. I have 5 dogs and every morning they wake me up for a treat. It has to be jerky sticks from Ol Roy. I tried blue wilderness treats and 3 out of 5 of my babies got so sick. Now it all all depends on the breed and diets of your pets. Just like people. Watch what you eat and watch what you feed your pets. Let's just say I have to buy a new bag every week of Ol Roy beef sticks because my dogs love them so much. They have never gotten sick with them and they can hear a bag open from outside. The bag is easy to open, it smells like beef sticks and my dogs seem to love them.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My dog likes Ol Roy Pet Foods, soft and moist. Order online and at Walmart, comes in 2 flavors. Easy to open, not messy, no odor. Dog eats it best. Boxes easy to handle, dog eats all in his bowl.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’ve purchased the Ol’roy dog food for one of my dogs and within a few months she started developing skin growth (little tumors) and then started losing her hair on the back. I thought it was because she was aging, never would’ve guessed it was the food, but I had a hunch to change her food and switched over to Science Diet and the tumors stopped growing and multiplying and 60% of the hair grew back. By mistake I purchased the dog treats a month ago and one of my dogs is having heart issues and cough amplified and the other has blood in her stool. This food should be banned or taken some drastic measures. Lots of money for a painful death sentence for your furry friends! Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have two dogs which they're both like children to me!!! Well I picked up a bag of Ol Roy. Always heard good things but NOOO my older pup has been having diarrhea so bad and the worst gas and just threw up and this all started after him eating this food and my younger pup has had the worst smelling poop and terrible gas!!! This is so scary for me and my pups to go through!!! PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS FOOD. But honestly could be different with each dog. I will say I called customer service for a refund and they was more than happy to help so I very much appreciate that!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Bought Ol' Roy dry dog food. Just the original one, and now both my large dogs are puking and have diarrhea. Will not be buying this again and I would not recommend this to anyone for their pets. My dogs have been sick for two days now. I will be contacting a vet at this point.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

WARNING! DO NOT buy your dog these treats unless you like cleaning up poop and vomit. Within 30 mintues of giving my dog one of these bones, she threw it up, and she's had horrible poops because of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This review is WARNING to pet owners to avoid giving their dog Ol' Roy Munchy Bone dog treats. Since my dog ate one on 9/2/2019, he has been having seizures. Nothing is helping him at all. He was a playful, energetic Boston Terrier. After eating that poisonous dog treat, he has been suffering from seizures. Shame on Walmart for even offering that.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought these as I mistook the packaging for Milk-Bone dog treats, and within days my dog was expressing gas pains (by holding the puppy bow position) and then crawling under my feet looking miserable. He also had terrible smelling gas and loose stools which was completely new. After a few days I took him to the vet who treated him with a round of antibiotics (89$ bill) but after the 1 week treatment he started showing same signs of sickness. I realized the correlation between these treats and his gas, so stopped feeding them to him and within 24 hrs he was back to his usual happy self. THESE THINGS ARE POISON! There should be a class action lawsuit against this company and their product.

Not sure about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right dog food for you.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information