2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had just adopted a German Shepherd who is an aggressive chewer and loves treats. I got these dog treats as an afternoon treat before dinner. He literally threw up 3 times within minutes of finishing it. Knew it was the treat cause the only other thing he's eaten all day was a milk bone treat he's been eating all week. I was really hoping this would be a good treat for him as it wasn't too expensive but no. Will never get any Ol Roy dog food again. They must have done something different cause I never had this problem 8 years ago with my other dogs.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

We bought a bag of Ol Roy dry dog food for our dogs. Our Rottweiler ate some of it and was very sleepy. I did not realise that it could be the food. Our Pekingese was less lucky. We took her to the vet as she became very ill after consuming the Ol Roy food. She was vomiting and blood started coming out with her very runny stool. The Vet told us that it seemed as though she had been poisoned. They could not pull her through. We had to try and trace what could have poisoned her or made her ill. When I mentioned we changed their food to Ol Roy our Vet was very concerned. He said that we should stop giving it immediately. Our Rottweiler luckily survived but reading all the reviews here I am certain it was the Ol Roy food that made our dogs sick and was responsible for the death of our Pekingese.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We noticed our pit bull was throwing up immediately after eating this brand of food. We purchased a new brand right away however as I was dumping the 50 pound bag of food, I found a dead mouse, explains why he was getting sick.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP. It causes digestive issues and urinary tract infections in dogs. The item was substituted in a home delivery grocery order and was not my choice. Within just two feedings my dog became ill but I didn't know it was this canned food. The next time this canned food was served several weeks later my dog again became ill with the same issues. Do not buy this product and throw it out immediately if you have.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I bought the their puppy chow for my 7 month old lab/pit mix thinking it'd be a better choice. She has become very lethargic and can't stop throwing up. Poor thing is miserable! Never again. Don't do it.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Due to pandemic and shortage of specific dog foods I attempted to order Pedigree and Ol Roy from Walmart. Of course they provided Ol Roy. My dog became very ill after 2 days barely able to walk requiring Veterinarian care. $250 later and an array of antibiotics and steroids thankfully my Neiko seems to be recovering. In hindsight this same thing happened two years back to both my labs again after being fed Ol Roy that visit requiring more extensive care, tests and overnight stay (2-3 days) ran us well over $2,000. If your furry baby hasn't yet experienced illness due to this food it is just a matter of time... Don't risk it!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I recently bought Ol' Roy jerky sticks (beef flavor) from Walmart to try and save money. I usually buy different treats from Petsmart to give him a variety and to see which ones he likes the best. I never had a problem until now. I barely got into the bag before they started messing with his stomach. He had really bad gas and constantly pooping. We immediately knew what was wrong and basically threw the whole bag away. I'm hoping since we caught it early it won't be too much of a problem. I'm not saying it doesn't work for other dogs, I personally will never buy ol'roy products again because it makes him sick.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Just bought 2 dog bones and when I went to open them up they had mold on them. White and blue green mold!!! This is disgusting!! NEVER buying anything from them again. Wish I could give negative stars.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have a 3 mo old puppy and when I got him he got antiparasitic meds that all puppies get. Well I decided to give him Ol’ Roy canned puppy food. Huge mistake. I thought the diarrhea was from the meds then I thought it was odd it wasn’t going away. Turns out it’s the canned food!! After weeks of giving it to my poor pup I took him off Ol’ Roy to another brand and he got sooo much better so quickly. He put on some weight and had solid poops and could now hold it through the night instead of exploding in his kennel. Don’t buy this if you love your pup. He will get super sick!!!

Original review: April 21, 2020

So...I bought a bag of Ol Roy dog food...a giant red bag...dogs ate it for 2 days...then things turned bad...real bad...they started acting drunk...could barely walk or stand...threw up - you guessed it - dog food!! I took them to the vet where they were given fluids...today is day 2 of no Ol Roy dog food...the dogs are showing great improvement...when I looked it up this morning I found out there had been an issue of ** Being found in this and other brands... My dogs almost died because of this food!!!

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information