1.39/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Ol Roy Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

540 Ol Roy Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

My dog loves your Munchy Bones dog treats. I like that she can have a great variety in flavors. She loves the peanut butter and beef and chicken. She gets one a day. So please keep making a great dog treats.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Some many reviews on here and I can't believe what I'm reading, but each to their own. I have 5 dogs and every morning they wake me up for a treat. It has to be jerky sticks from Ol Roy. I tried blue wilderness treats and 3 out of 5 of my babies got so sick. Now it all all depends on the breed and diets of your pets. Just like people. Watch what you eat and watch what you feed your pets. Let's just say I have to buy a new bag every week of Ol Roy beef sticks because my dogs love them so much. They have never gotten sick with them and they can hear a bag open from outside. The bag is easy to open, it smells like beef sticks and my dogs seem to love them.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My dog likes Ol Roy Pet Foods, soft and moist. Order online and at Walmart, comes in 2 flavors. Easy to open, not messy, no odor. Dog eats it best. Boxes easy to handle, dog eats all in his bowl.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This review is WARNING to pet owners to avoid giving their dog Ol' Roy Munchy Bone dog treats. Since my dog ate one on 9/2/2019, he has been having seizures. Nothing is helping him at all. He was a playful, energetic Boston Terrier. After eating that poisonous dog treat, he has been suffering from seizures. Shame on Walmart for even offering that.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought these as I mistook the packaging for Milk-Bone dog treats, and within days my dog was expressing gas pains (by holding the puppy bow position) and then crawling under my feet looking miserable. He also had terrible smelling gas and loose stools which was completely new. After a few days I took him to the vet who treated him with a round of antibiotics (89$ bill) but after the 1 week treatment he started showing same signs of sickness. I realized the correlation between these treats and his gas, so stopped feeding them to him and within 24 hrs he was back to his usual happy self. THESE THINGS ARE POISON! There should be a class action lawsuit against this company and their product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: May 23, 2019

Our Ridgeback ate Ol Roy food to start with and then stopped. He refused touching food for 2 days even then I spiced it up with his favorite flavors. Still nothing. As soon I changed food he happily ate it. I read reviews and see people having same type or worst experience. Ol Roy food is in the garbage can.

Original review: May 10, 2019

A while back I bought a big pack of Ol' Roy Rawhide Retriever Rolls for my dogs. After finishing them, both of my dogs vomited within a half hour. I thought it might be a fluke, so a few days later I gave each of them a roll again. They both vomited about 15 minutes later. I thought it was more than a coincidence so I threw them away. It was also odd since my dogs are both very different breeds (one 60-lb Alaskan malamute/shepherd mix and a 45-lb Dachshund/black lab mix, who has literally partially eaten dead rats and not vomited or gotten otherwise ill).

Today I decided to give their rawhide chips a try since I was at Walmart anyway to pick up some other things. Maybe last time it was a bad batch. Maybe the rolls are too big and too much for one sitting. Maybe maybe maybe... so I fed each of them a chip and, lo and behold, one of my dogs has already vomited 10 minutes later. It's just partially digested rawhide and bile. They regularly consume Good Lovin' and Better Belly rawhide. They've also had Pet Factory and DreamBones, as well as the generic Target and Meijer brand rawhide products. They never vomit from those brands. I'm pretty sure something is inherently wrong with Ol' Roy rawhide products.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Purchased the 4 pack of Ol Roy Rawhide Retriever chew bones and after eating the 1st one within 15 minutes our dog vomited for the next 1/2 hr. Thinking it was possibly just a fluke we tried again the next night. Again he was vomiting. These will be going back to the store. He has had many other brand chew bones over the years without incident, but no more Ol Roy anything for him from now on! (Especially after reading other people's issues.)

Original review: March 7, 2019

A few days ago my friend visited and saw my dog food and she warned me against Ol Roy dog food and I told her it was just the wet food but it kind of alerted me because my one dog started having body jerking in the night, after starting on the Ol Roy dry food. I for the first time bought Ol Roy dry dog food and dog bones last week. While sleeping, my dog Autumn woke me with jerky body movements. I thought she was just having dreams. Then my second dog Copper started with the jerking. Now this Thursday a third dog Buster has started with the body jerking during sleep. These seemed like jerking but they were such they've woken me up several times during the night. I got up this morning and googled Ol Roy food and I see more dogs have had similar reactions. I have other dog food so I at 5 a.m. changed out their food. I also notice sac like around the stools which has never occurred before.

Original review: March 6, 2019

A friend gave our dog a box of Old Roy Dog Treats for Christmas. Last Saturday we gave him one and 10 hours later he had a seizure. We gave him one yesterday and he had another one. Read the ingredients on the box and couldn't believe the crap in this product. Then went on the web site and read other reviews that said the same thing - SEIZURES. Can't believe Walmart would sell a product like this, one that obviously causes seizures.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information