2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP. It causes digestive issues and urinary tract infections in dogs. The item was substituted in a home delivery grocery order and was not my choice. Within just two feedings my dog became ill but I didn't know it was this canned food. The next time this canned food was served several weeks later my dog again became ill with the same issues. Do not buy this product and throw it out immediately if you have.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I bought the their puppy chow for my 7 month old lab/pit mix thinking it'd be a better choice. She has become very lethargic and can't stop throwing up. Poor thing is miserable! Never again. Don't do it.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Due to pandemic and shortage of specific dog foods I attempted to order Pedigree and Ol Roy from Walmart. Of course they provided Ol Roy. My dog became very ill after 2 days barely able to walk requiring Veterinarian care. $250 later and an array of antibiotics and steroids thankfully my Neiko seems to be recovering. In hindsight this same thing happened two years back to both my labs again after being fed Ol Roy that visit requiring more extensive care, tests and overnight stay (2-3 days) ran us well over $2,000. If your furry baby hasn't yet experienced illness due to this food it is just a matter of time... Don't risk it!

Original review: July 19, 2020

I recently bought Ol' Roy jerky sticks (beef flavor) from Walmart to try and save money. I usually buy different treats from Petsmart to give him a variety and to see which ones he likes the best. I never had a problem until now. I barely got into the bag before they started messing with his stomach. He had really bad gas and constantly pooping. We immediately knew what was wrong and basically threw the whole bag away. I'm hoping since we caught it early it won't be too much of a problem. I'm not saying it doesn't work for other dogs, I personally will never buy ol'roy products again because it makes him sick.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Just bought 2 dog bones and when I went to open them up they had mold on them. White and blue green mold!!! This is disgusting!! NEVER buying anything from them again. Wish I could give negative stars.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I have a 3 mo old puppy and when I got him he got antiparasitic meds that all puppies get. Well I decided to give him Ol’ Roy canned puppy food. Huge mistake. I thought the diarrhea was from the meds then I thought it was odd it wasn’t going away. Turns out it’s the canned food!! After weeks of giving it to my poor pup I took him off Ol’ Roy to another brand and he got sooo much better so quickly. He put on some weight and had solid poops and could now hold it through the night instead of exploding in his kennel. Don’t buy this if you love your pup. He will get super sick!!!

Original review: April 21, 2020

So...I bought a bag of Ol Roy dog food...a giant red bag...dogs ate it for 2 days...then things turned bad...real bad...they started acting drunk...could barely walk or stand...threw up - you guessed it - dog food!! I took them to the vet where they were given fluids...today is day 2 of no Ol Roy dog food...the dogs are showing great improvement...when I looked it up this morning I found out there had been an issue of ** Being found in this and other brands... My dogs almost died because of this food!!!

Original review: April 5, 2020

Because of the panic buying due to the Corona virus, the only thing Wal Mart had was Ol Roy chicken and oatmeal. Now I know why. Within a week of giving it to my 14 year old dog, she went downhill fast, soon she was unable to move, and lay panting to the point when I though was going to die. It was only after talking to a vet and doing research we discovered how toxic and dangerous this food is. We took her off the food and trashed the bag. She improved within hours. DO NOT GIVE THIS RUBBISH TO YOUR PET. It was withdrawn a few years back for poisoning dogs, and yet it's back on the shelves when it shouldnt even be on sale. It's about time someone started a class action lawsuit against the unscrupulous manufacturers, and the retailers (wal mart) who knowingly sell this muck.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased Ol Roy High Protein beef and lamb flavor from Walmart on S Post Oak in Houston due to them switching the bag to a nicer look. Thought I would give them a try that maybe they use better products now but after my dog eating 1 half a bowl around 3am...5 hours after she ate half a bowl I woke up to 3 piles of poop on my carpet and when I got up to grab her and take her out to poop I slipped in this so now I'm covered in it. To top it off after taking her to get cleaned and spending 4 hours of scrubbing my floors from poop she shoots out pure dark red blood infused with diarrhea covering my backseat ....Fml for real bro....Now it's 10:30pm almost time to go to sleep for work in the morning and I gotta get up every hour and take her out so my home won't get disgusting dog poop everywhere....idk what they put in this stuff but it's not for dog consumption..

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I am agreeing with the reviews that the treats are awful. I gave my dogs Ol Roy dog biscuits and all of them became sick. My puppy had severe stomach bloat and was inconsolable. My two year old quit eating and would vomit multiple times throughout the day. After prayer I discovered it is the Ol Roy dog biscuits. I have read the review about it being the owner's fault and I completely disagree. I am a responsible dog owner and I do not just switch treats. These were the only dog biscuits that I have given my dogs. After stopping these treats all of the negative symptoms have disappeared. My two year old dog is starting to eat again.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information