2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Ol Roy Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ol Roy Pet Foods?

Original review: April 21, 2020

So...I bought a bag of Ol Roy dog food...a giant red bag...dogs ate it for 2 days...then things turned bad...real bad...they started acting drunk...could barely walk or stand...threw up - you guessed it - dog food!! I took them to the vet where they were given fluids...today is day 2 of no Ol Roy dog food...the dogs are showing great improvement...when I looked it up this morning I found out there had been an issue of ** Being found in this and other brands... My dogs almost died because of this food!!!

Original review: April 5, 2020

Because of the panic buying due to the Corona virus, the only thing Wal Mart had was Ol Roy chicken and oatmeal. Now I know why. Within a week of giving it to my 14 year old dog, she went downhill fast, soon she was unable to move, and lay panting to the point when I though was going to die. It was only after talking to a vet and doing research we discovered how toxic and dangerous this food is. We took her off the food and trashed the bag. She improved within hours. DO NOT GIVE THIS RUBBISH TO YOUR PET. It was withdrawn a few years back for poisoning dogs, and yet it's back on the shelves when it shouldnt even be on sale. It's about time someone started a class action lawsuit against the unscrupulous manufacturers, and the retailers (wal mart) who knowingly sell this muck.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased Ol Roy High Protein beef and lamb flavor from Walmart on S Post Oak in Houston due to them switching the bag to a nicer look. Thought I would give them a try that maybe they use better products now but after my dog eating 1 half a bowl around 3am...5 hours after she ate half a bowl I woke up to 3 piles of poop on my carpet and when I got up to grab her and take her out to poop I slipped in this so now I'm covered in it. To top it off after taking her to get cleaned and spending 4 hours of scrubbing my floors from poop she shoots out pure dark red blood infused with diarrhea covering my backseat ....Fml for real bro....Now it's 10:30pm almost time to go to sleep for work in the morning and I gotta get up every hour and take her out so my home won't get disgusting dog poop everywhere....idk what they put in this stuff but it's not for dog consumption..

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I am agreeing with the reviews that the treats are awful. I gave my dogs Ol Roy dog biscuits and all of them became sick. My puppy had severe stomach bloat and was inconsolable. My two year old quit eating and would vomit multiple times throughout the day. After prayer I discovered it is the Ol Roy dog biscuits. I have read the review about it being the owner's fault and I completely disagree. I am a responsible dog owner and I do not just switch treats. These were the only dog biscuits that I have given my dogs. After stopping these treats all of the negative symptoms have disappeared. My two year old dog is starting to eat again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have a Papillon weighs 10 lbs. He won't eat nothing but Ol Roy. It's a small square container. He absolutely loves it???? Not to be rude or sound like a smart ** but the negative reviews I've read seem to be the owners' fault not the food or treats. It's common sense if you change your dogs foods or treats they will get sick from it because you're throwing their body into shock from what they normally eat. Any vet will tell you if you change their diet they may have runny stool, vomiting, cramps, etc till their body adjusts. A lot of breeds will form tumors as they age but usually benign tumors. So you can't positively say it's Ol Roy products causing issues unless you have had food tested by a licensed company and a autopsy done on your pet to prove it was the food. Educate yourself on animals and products so you're good parents to your 4 legged babies.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I’ve purchased the Ol’roy dog food for one of my dogs and within a few months she started developing skin growth (little tumors) and then started losing her hair on the back. I thought it was because she was aging, never would’ve guessed it was the food, but I had a hunch to change her food and switched over to Science Diet and the tumors stopped growing and multiplying and 60% of the hair grew back. By mistake I purchased the dog treats a month ago and one of my dogs is having heart issues and cough amplified and the other has blood in her stool. This food should be banned or taken some drastic measures. Lots of money for a painful death sentence for your furry friends! Stay away!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have two dogs which they're both like children to me!!! Well I picked up a bag of Ol Roy. Always heard good things but NOOO my older pup has been having diarrhea so bad and the worst gas and just threw up and this all started after him eating this food and my younger pup has had the worst smelling poop and terrible gas!!! This is so scary for me and my pups to go through!!! PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS FOOD. But honestly could be different with each dog. I will say I called customer service for a refund and they was more than happy to help so I very much appreciate that!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Bought Ol' Roy dry dog food. Just the original one, and now both my large dogs are puking and have diarrhea. Will not be buying this again and I would not recommend this to anyone for their pets. My dogs have been sick for two days now. I will be contacting a vet at this point.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

WARNING! DO NOT buy your dog these treats unless you like cleaning up poop and vomit. Within 30 mintues of giving my dog one of these bones, she threw it up, and she's had horrible poops because of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This review is WARNING to pet owners to avoid giving their dog Ol' Roy Munchy Bone dog treats. Since my dog ate one on 9/2/2019, he has been having seizures. Nothing is helping him at all. He was a playful, energetic Boston Terrier. After eating that poisonous dog treat, he has been suffering from seizures. Shame on Walmart for even offering that.

Ol Roy Pet Foods Company Information