Iams Dog Food
1.50/5
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Last updated: May 25, 2018

752 Iams Dog Food Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

We rescued our pit bull about 2 1/2 -3 yrs ago and not only was he underweight but they were feeding him gravy train. He has diarrhea real bad and kept getting yeast infections in his ears. We then switched him to Dad's and then about 3 other dog foods. He was still having the same symptoms. One of our friends told us about Iams and said that their dog does great in it. We decided to try it because not only did their dogs have the same symptoms but they had pit bulls also. Within 2 weeks of our boy on the Iams I noticed a change altogether with him.

No more diarrhea but he no longer was getting hives on his skin and no more yeast infections. Within a month he had gained 10 pounds and just seemed happier. He went from weighing 50 pounds to weighing 74.2 pounds and healthy as a horse. I tell everyone of my friends that own a pit bull and are having issues like Spanky did to try Iams. Everyone of my friends that have switched have told me THANK You! I will now be switching my 3 cats to Iams.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have been struggling with my dog having diarrhea and vomiting the last week. I obviously thought it was the new allergy medicine he started since that was the only thing that had changed. I started him on chicken and rice this weekend. No dog food and he seemed to instantly improve. After a few days of this I decided to mix a little dog food back in with his rice. My husband and I came home from work to a bunch of blood plus several other piles of vomit.

After a trip to the emergency vet they couldn’t find anything wrong in his blood work but he clearly was sick. When I got home I realized the only other thing it could be was his dog food, I bought a new bag the same time he started his meds. I looked to see if there were any recalls and unfortunately there has not been any yet. After reading all the recent reviews on here my suspicions were confirmed about it being his IAMS. There is clearly something wrong with the recent bags they’ve produced this May! We have to get a recall on this before more dogs get sick and pass!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

First, besides losing a child there is nothing more painful than losing a beloved animal no matter the reason. I have had four dogs that have been fed IAMS, (2 Aussies, and my Doxie and my Chihuahua/Corgi). My first Aussie (rescue) lived to be 13, and died from lung cancer, my second only lived until 6 1/2 because of a genetic heart condition.

My first Aussie ate IAMS for the nine years we had him, and our second from the time he was eight weeks old. My Doxie is a rescue, and has been eating IAMS for twelve years and my eighteen year old, who I rescued when she was fifteen, has been eating IAMS since she came home over three years ago. It's hard to determine what caused the illnesses and deaths of these babies. Is it possible that the food had been contaminated some way? I only read a few of the #1 reviews and they seemed to be close in date. But that could be just a coincidence. I highly recommend IAMS, because I have had great success with it.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I use Iams for small or toy breeds. I have been using Iams dog food for years, about 2 weeks ago, my Shih Tzu got uncontrollable diarrhea, it was so bad that while he walked his was basically pouring out. He seemed to sleep more than usual and just seemed sick and not himself. I stopped feeding him the food and started giving him chicken, pumpkin and rice. His diarrhea went away. So I fed him his Iams since he was feeling better and a few hours later he had diarrhea again. Since I wasn't sure if it was the food I gave him his chicken dinner and his stool was back to normal. I mixed his chicken dinner with the Iams and he got diarrhea again. I truly hope that if there was a recall you informed your customers because I would hate to find out this customer is deceiving its customers. Now that he's back on his chicken dinner I hope his stool goes back to normal.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I’ve just read about other dog owners with sick dogs. I recently started a new bag of Iams and my Golden came down with terrible diarrhea and vomiting. Just started him back on the food and my other dog got into it and now she has diarrhea. Is this recalled? Already have a hefty vet bill for one dog.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: May 18, 2018

On May 12, 2018, my 1 1/2 year old yellow Lab “Ruger”, started having diarrhea, vomiting and became very lethargic. Not normal diarrhea either. It shot straight out like a hose and was nothing but water. I will note that on May 4, 2018 (just 1 week prior), Ruger was seen by his vet for his routine annual checkup and was deemed an extremely healthy 93 lb Lab. Now fast forward a week, on May 13, 2018, Ruger began drooling out both sides his mouth and trembling terribly. So at 10:30 pm my husband and I rushed Ruger to the nearest animal 24 hour ER, an hour and 15 minutes away. Ruger had a fever of 105.9. The vet said 105.9 is extremely dangerous and 106 is deadly so he wanted to keep Ruger overnight and give him fluids and keep an eye on him all night.

His blood test showed his liver panel was high. They began giving him 4 different medications. 24 hours later we were able to bring Ruger home but had to continue giving him the meds and try to ease him back into eating with boiled hamburger and rice. It took 1 week for Ruger to start acting better. He continued throwing up for several days after coming home. Just last night, May 17th, we agreed that he is just now finally acting himself again, as far as behavior goes. He is still underweight and we are still easing him back into eating dog food.

During that time, we noticed that our 5 year old Cairn Terrier, Remi, had stopped eating for us and instead pushed bowl across the room and tried to spill it and bury it every time we fed him. We began questioning the IAMS Mini Chunks because prior to switching them to IAMS last month, they were both very eager eaters. That’s when I began researching and discovered many others have experienced this same issue. We now feed our dogs Nutro and I refuse to ever feed them IAMS ever again. Something needs to be done! We almost lost our baby that night and we still struggle with knowing he was poisoned by us feeding him IAMS. Dogs know. They could sense something was wrong with that food. Please do not feed your dogs IAMS and be vigilant of their eating and behavior. If it seems off, look into it right away!!!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have a 15 yr old Husky mix. I have feed her IAMS food all her life. I switched her over to the IAMS Proactive Health Senior Plus (small kibble) thinking I was doing something that would help her in her senior years. Since November we have been having issues with Diarrhea and throwing up. She has went from a healthy 85 lbs to maybe 45-50 lbs now. I have had her at the vet multiple times but they cannot find anything wrong. After thinking about what has changed and trying to figure out what it could be I came across this forum... I am so sad to think that I have been feeding my dog food that is making her sick. I am going to throw away what I have left and just feed her boiled chicken and rice in hopes to bring her back to normal. I will be contacting IAMS to find out what they are going to do with all of these complaints. Is the food contaminated? Why is there so many people having the same issues and nothing being done?

Original review: May 17, 2018

This past Monday I came home from work and what was once a 5 y/o healthy black lab was lying in my yard deceased. It was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever been a part of. I was unsure of what caused his untimely death, until the following evening: Tuesday May 15th. My wife and I had come home from dinner after the long 24 hours that we had. Well we have two other dogs and they are both Mini Aussies, usually our Aussies roam the house while we are gone and don't have any accidents or any behavioral issues, except for the past week or so our dogs have both had diarrhea, so the dogs were in their cage. We unlocked the door and immediately smelled the foul stench that all pet owners know and dread when they open the door, the dogs had vomited and had diarrhea all in their cage to where they were both covered in the mixture of the two.

After washing the dogs I let them outside to use the bathroom and my smaller mini Aussie was defecating and throwing up at the same time and the other Aussie had diarrhea so bad that she was bleeding from her anus. So at this point I'm wondering if it could've been the food that caused my Labs untimely death and start googling when I come across this site and realize that several other pet owners have had the same issues that I have had the past couple of days including death of their loved ones. I contacted Iams today and after explaining everything that had occurred in the past 72 hours the woman on the phone Kindly offered me my money back for my $30 bag of dog food. I then proceeded to lost my composure at the thought of their food possibly causing my dog's death was only equivalent to a free 30lb bag of dog food.

I told the nice woman that I wasn't sure what was good enough or what was acceptable for them to do for my loss but I'm not interested in a free bag of dog food. I really would like them to be aware and for other pet owners to be aware that this food is out there and at the very least is making dogs very sick. (I should mention all three of my dogs have been fed Iams pro-life mini chunks for the past three years). I want everyone that is experiencing even the slightest scare with their dogs eating Iams to call the company and complain. The woman on the phone said that there hasn’t been a trend to make them think that their dog food is contaminated or an endangerment to your loved ones. I know you guys are out there so please please call and let’s get a recall on this food and prevent anyone else from experiencing the heartache that I have this week. 1-800-675-3849.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My 3 dogs have eaten Iams green bag adult dog food since pups. (11 years) Just got a fresh new bag 4 days ago from Petsmart. The dogs all got sick with puking and diarrhea. I am so mad! But I am glad I realized the issue Asap. I called Iams to complain and suggest others call too! 800-675-3849.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have been feeding my dogs IAMS Dog Food for years with no problems. I purchase the huge bags at Sam's Club. The last two weeks my big dog Delilah has had diarrhea twice. The first time I just thought it was nothing and blew it off. Fed her boiled chicken until it went away. Put her back on the IAMS. Then yesterday she had the same issue again. Now I’m feeding her the boiled chicken and taking her permanently off the IAMS especially after reading other dogs are having the same issue. I’ve always paid more for IAMS for the quality and because they claim it’s better for the dogs. Also along the two bouts of diarrhea, our dog never ate all of her food in her dish with this bag of IAMS, which is not like her and she also didn’t have the same energy. Reading the other comments they describe the same symptoms our Delilah has. It’s sad that these companies cut corners on quality at the expense of the health of our dogs, our most loyal and best friend.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have a 12 year old Beagle & 10 year old English Springer Spaniel. They have been on Iams sensitive/healthy naturals ocean fish recipe for about 4 years and always did well on it. I was on autoship from petco.com. On March 31 I opened a new bag & both dogs became immediately sick vomiting, having diarrhea that quickly turned into bloody diarrhea within a few days. My poor Beagle began pooping straight blood (no poop, just blood). I rushed them to the vet who did blood work & fecal tests & both pups had negative results, healthy dogs. The vet said it's their kibble & to stop it.

I had already stopped the kibble when they got sick & started them on bland diet (chicken & rice). But they were still sick & continued to get worse. The vet diagnosed them with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, which is fatal for dogs if left untreated. He said the inflammation/infection would have continued until they saw him & were prescribed medications. The first round of meds only worked while they were on them. Once the meds stopped the symptoms returned. They were on meds for the entire month of April. They have been off the meds for about a week now & so far the vomiting & diarrhea have not returned. They are not 100% normal yet. They are still on a chicken & rice diet for now. Total vet bills are $1100 to date plus time lost from work & life to care for 2 sick dogs plus plus plus.

I called Iams to make a complaint. I was told someone from their health & safety team would contact me to work things out with my vet; of course my phone never rang. They did send me a check for a whopping $32 for the cost of food with a letter saying sorry for the inconvenience. It's sad to be devoted customers for several years & Iams genuinely doesn't give a crap about their customers or our pets. They should be sued for making our dogs sick & their poisoned food should be taken off pet supply stores shelves forever.

Original review: May 8, 2018

This is very disconcerting. We brought home a healthy dog 2.5 weeks ago. She was eating Victor brand but we started weaning her off that onto IAMS Big Breed Puppy food. For the past week and a half she's had very bad diarrhea. I wouldn't have thought anything about it until hearing other IAMS users were experiencing the same thing. We're going back to VICTOR.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We have used Iams before it became widely available. We have raised all our dogs on Iams, and each and everyone greatly outlasted normal lifespans. We have one small, one that is now 18 years old and still going strong.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I begin feeding my 12-year-old male dog Iams Senior 2 months ago thinking I was giving him a better food at his age. I didn't notice -- probably because of his age that he was becoming less active and of recent, lethargic, limping, loss of strength in his back legs and then on Friday, May 4, begin high-stepping and acting like he was having neurological issues. It was so bad that the next day before we took him to the vet we were prepared to put him down. The vet could not find anything wrong with him and we thought it was just arthritis and age that was creating this issue.

He was having problems with constipation with the Iams food so I started to switch him back to his old food with more fiber just before his decline in health. From Friday to Sunday I had him switched back to his old food. Sunday morning when we woke up he was acting more like himself. By Sunday afternoon after having his breakfast of his new food he was actually running around outside with no issues to his hind legs or limping. This morning I heard a noise at 5 AM and he had broken through the gate and was heading upstairs to find me. This was a dog that could not hold himself up to days before, fell down when he tried to go to the bathroom, could not balance at all and did not want to get up.

Since I switched him to his new food he is now acting more like himself that he has over the last couple of months. I have to think that the Senior food was the cause of his illness/decline in health. I have a puppy on Iams Large Breed Puppy Food and will be switching him from that when he returns from the trainer next week. I will never feed Iams again.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have bought Iams for many years. Our 3-year-old has been eating it since she was a year old. This past bag, not good. She became sick. Diarrhea, throwing up foam and clear liquid, no appetite, tired, didn't want to play or anything. There is only one thing that she did that could have caused this, eat Iams. She has not had anything else that could have caused it. I took her to the vet after 5 days of terrible runny diarrhea, and vomiting, and very sickly and racked my brain over what could have caused this. Came to the conclusion after her stool was checked that it has to be the food. She had no worms in her stool and no other illnesses. It's like she was poisoned. And it's just me and her nobody to poison her. And I don't take any medication like some people I read drop and dog eats. Not in my case. There is nothing she could have eaten, just her food.

She is healthy as a horse normally. I will not be feeding her anymore Iams. It was great for years, but not this past batch. She's not out of the woods yet. I thought we were going to lose her. She lost 2.5 pounds in less than a week. Which is about 25 to 30 pounds for a human. Since she is a Chihuahua, I have researched and found out. Please take this food off the shelves. It is dangerous to dogs. I'm not a one-time case. There is over 800 on another website. Over 118 cases in past few weeks' time. And that's just the people who took the time to put a very helpful comment/review/complaint, up to help others who feed this food to their loved pets. There is no telling how many pets have suffered from this food eating their stomachs up on the inside. Vet prescribed 2 different meds for her and changed her food. Week 2 and she is better and stools are harder. Hoping and praying for the best.

Please watch your pets closely and if you are feeding them Iams in green bag. Please stop. My bag was purchased in FL, April, 2018 from Publix. I opened it recently. I poured it out in big bucket to look through it thinking maybe there was some dead rat or other dead animal in it or something. Nothing. Looks normal but, IT'S NOT NORMAL. IT POISON... At least my bag was, and over 800 on another site. Not counting the unreported cases. Not just FL. Other states as well.

Original review: April 29, 2018

We had Iams recommended by our vet as well as our breeder... Our two collies, Dusty and Misty, are very vibrant and healthy and the product is priced reasonably. I usually purchase the product at a wholesale club such as BJ's.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Recently bought a bag of Iams MiniChunk dog food for my dog. My dog is 13 and has been eating this food for the last 10 years. I have a small dog and usually purchase a small bag. The store only had the very large bag 20 lbs. My poor dog has had diarrhea for the last 24 hours. Non-stop. Had no idea this food could make him so sick. Not sure if it is because of the packaging, but I will be returning it to the store today and never giving it to him again.

Original review: April 25, 2018

IAMS Healthy Naturals Weight Chicken Flavored Dry Dog Food is the Dog Food we have been feeding our Beagle starting in January 2018 till now. But today I am throwing away his unfinished bag! Dogs cannot talk to you about what they are eating. They trust in you that you will feed them something they will love and that won't make them sick. Our Beagle at first would eat his Iams Dog food, but as time went on, he stopped eating out of his bowl altogether, just only when he was hungry and didn't have anything better to eat. He would smell it, and then walk away. Beagles have such a good sense of smell, that this should be telling you something right? Bless his little heart. He had some of the same symptoms: Drinking lots of water all day, getting sick on the carpet, licking my hands for salt, etc... Please get rid of your Iams Dogfood. Our dogs don't deserve this!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I opened a new bag of Iams Minichunks dry dog food this morning and after eating just 1/3 cup of it my dog has vomited five times in the past few hours. What is going on? It has to be something in the food. She has never vomited in the whole two years we've had her. I began looking on-line for reviews and recalls on Iams foods. I'm amazed! Here I'm finding all kinds of recent reviews concerning this food and sick dogs. What is in this food? I will never feed her Iams again. I just hope I caught it soon enough.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My dog suddenly started getting sick at the end of March... We usually don’t buy Iams, but we bought a small bag due to store being out of his normal dog food, and over $1000 in vet bills. I am sorry I did. My dog started limping and developed swelling on his leg and diarrhea - after x-rays, blood work, and 3 vet visits we have narrowed it down to IAMS. We actually thought maybe it was our regular dog food, so we threw that out and bought IAMS again (at the time we hadn’t put two and two together because he had such a small amount before - and it completely slipped my mind he had even ate IAMS before he was sick). He finally started eating again (had him on chicken and rice) and was seeming to be getting better so we mixed his soft food along with IAMS and he is back to how he was before the $1000 vet bill. Something is clearly wrong with this food and I hope I can find out what that is with testing of the actual food.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My 8 year old lab Bodie died yesterday morning unexpectedly. 2 weeks ago he was healthy and today he is no longer with us. We recently purchased Iams dog food because we thought we were upgrading his food. Little did we know we purchased food that we feel caused his death. He began having leg weakness one day to where he could hardly walk. Days later we noticed him being lethargic followed with vomiting and diarrhea. He got to the point where he would not touch his dog food. Took him to the vet this past Tuesday. He was running a fever, had severely low blood counts and an enlarged spleen. We let the vet keep Bodie overnight to monitor him. He stayed with the vet Wed. Night as well.

Got a call early Thursday morning that our beloved Bodie died. I couldn't understand why or how. Decided to google if Iams caused spleen issues, which led me to this website. I am sick to my stomach with all the reviews of Iams dog food. It disgusts me that there has been NO recall! I have thrown out the remaining Iams that I had and pray that my other dogs do not get sick. I plan to take them for routine bloodwork to make sure they were not affected by this toxic brand. Please do not feed your pets IAMS!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

The Iams Dry Chicken Puppy Food gave our female Shepherd mix diarrhea and throwing up. Gave her stomach problems that made us take her to her veterinarian who had no idea what was wrong with this very healthy puppy. My wife and I changed Bailey’s food to Purina Beef Puppy Chow and things have never been better. Screw Iams Dog Food, it makes dog sick.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Iams Proactive Health - Large Breed - My black lab has experienced most of the symptoms that others have wrote about here -- vomiting & bloody diarrhea. The vet said it was caused by both an Upper & Lower GI Infection. She was seen by the vet on March 30, 2018. Stopped food, gave bland diet of boiled chicken & white rice plus oatmeal for a binder (per her vet) plus a handful of meds. Took her 10 days to recoup! Monday, April 9, 2018, we reintroduces the Iams & on Weds, April 11, 2018 the vomiting returned that morning & the bloody stools returned. I stopped the Iams on Weds. Started her back on the bland diet & the vet recommended we stay with that for a few days & then slowly introduce Science Diet. I contacted Mars Pet Care (the maker of Iams) on April 12, 2018. They are only offering a refund of the cost of the food, no mention of our 214$ vet bill. Today, April 13, 2018 I filed a complaint with the FDA!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have a 4 month old Great Pyrenees puppy that has had terrible smelling poop. Just recently she started having loose stools and they have gotten worse. She is having diarrhea throughout my whole house. She has been on this Large Breed Puppy Food for about 2 months and things just started to get worse with her digestive track. She is going to the vet tomorrow morning. I have noticed several dog parents describing similar experiences. I thought I was feeding my puppy a good food, apparently I was mistaken. This company needs to be investigated as to why so many dogs are becoming sick. If there was a recall on this food, stores should not have it on their shelves and selling the product.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a bag of Iams lamb and rice dog food about a week ago. Within hours my dog began vomiting and was very restless. This went on for three days before I checked online and saw many reviews of others having the same experience. I stopped feeding the Iams to my dog and he was better by the next day. I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Our dog nearly died while on a diet of Iams Dog Food. She was four years old and positively on the verge of death after three days of intestinal upset, lethargy, and ultimately, the inability to wake up. She was diagnosed with Salmonella poisoning. We were more than confused considering there was no way she could have gotten hold of anything with Salmonella. She was put on antibiotics and got better, but each time she finished her medicine, she rapidly declined. She began limping, but X-rays showed that she had no injuries.

After three months of being on and off antibiotics, each time getting better and then declining when the medicine was complete, and after thousands of dollars and countless tests, the veterinary hospital sent a new series of blood tests to an external lab. They discovered that she had a staph infection somewhere inside of her body. Zeroing in on her leg and foot, on which she continued to limp, a staff infection was discovered in several of her toes, and they had to be amputated. About this same time, I heard on the news that Iams was being recalled due to Salmonella contamination. The vet confirmed that the dog food was most likely the cause of the original diagnosis, which led to a suppressed immune system, thus leading to the staph infection.

Two years later, at the age of six, she was diagnosed with a type of heart condition that is commonly caused by a prior infection that traveled through the bloodstream to her heart. The canine cardiologist said that the series of events she suffered two years before were more than likely the cause of the heart condition. Misty is now on two different heart medications. She seems to be a happy, healthy dog, but the cardiologist says that she can have a fatal heart attack at any moment.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Started our 13yr old English Springer Spaniel on the green bag. Not even in two weeks he had horrible gas and the past 2 days he has had the worst diarrhea. Literally crapping himself. He has been itching at his ears, pacing and doesn't seem to get enough water. Heavy panting. I feel awful for him. He had a clean bill of health a couple months ago. I made him homemade dog food and trashed the bag of Iams. Awful, awful. Now I will slowly add his other dog food in with the homemade. This company should be out of business.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been feeling my four dogs Iams dry dog food for 5 to 6 years. I give three of them Iams senior plus dry dog food and one Iams proactive dry dog food. I bought a brand new bag last Friday and proceeded to feed my dogs. Within hours, one dog had diarrhea all over the entire house. We were gone and came home to this. It was unbelievable that one dog could’ve done what she did. Immediately started feeding her a bland homemade diet & things settled down. I had no idea at that point that it was the food, I just assumed she’d gotten into something. All of my dogs are primarily indoor dogs and are outside on occasion. The chances of her getting into something would’ve been minimal. The other three dogs seemed to be fine. She was fine for two days until by accident my son fed her the dry dog food again unbeknownst to me. Sure enough in the wee hours of the morning, again diarrhea all over the house.

Long story short, I ended up taking her to the vet first thing Monday morning and all of her bloodwork was normal. Her stool sample Showed high levels of bacteria. They gave her a shot and put her on an antibiotic and she has recovered nicely. I started questioning whether it was the food but didn’t really say anything to my vet about the food. My vet bill was $245. I had my carpeting cleaned the next day to the tune of $350. In the wee hours of that next day, my larger dog who is three times as big as the first dog had diarrhea on my clean carpet.

The vet said it definitely was the food & to discontinue that food with all of my dogs and to take the food back. Not only did I take the food back to where I purchased it but I called Iams customer service number. They seemed very concerned and somebody was supposed to call me back to get my vet information but I still have not heard back from them and it’s been four days. I’m very disappointed in Iams but after reviewing dry dog foods I see that they are really not even on the list of preferred dry dog food anymore. Apparently their quality has gone downhill. I have chosen to take my other dog off of the Iams proactive as well. I am feeding all of my dogs homemade meals right now until I can decide which dry dog food to purchase. Beware of Iams dog food right now!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Our 20 month old dog started on a new green bag of IAMS proactive health mini chunks. Let me tell you, there's nothing healthy about it. I noticed her stools becoming very soft and she was going to the bathroom a lot on our walks. Then, diarrhea started and accidents. She also had been turning her nose up at the food, but we thought she wanted rice or something mixed in. She was smarter than we were, but finally, after she got worse...and after carpet cleaning, vet bill, lost work time, medicine, special diet and food we realized it had to be the dog food. Her samples came back negative for anything else. Reading these other accounts, I see we are not alone. At least our dog survived thank heavens and my heart goes out to those who lost their pets. There should be a class-action case against the company that makes IAMS.

I cannot find an address on the MARS website but I will be sending their legal dept a stern letter and invoices, copying the FDA and possibly the TODAY show and other media. There needs to be a recall and a case brought against them. I did find a media number within US: Denise Young at 1-973-691-3536 and Leslie Brams-Baker at 1-905-857-5780 in Canada. I can see why they hide their other contact info and choose to use an email form only! I will never trust this company again for pet care.

Original review: April 4, 2018

After feeding my pets IAMS chicken mini chunks for years... my silky terrier has started to have diarrhea, bloody and dark. After 3 three visits to the vet and stool samples and exams, determined it's the dog food we are feeding. It appears that Iams has changed their formula according to other posts I've read... Is this true?

Iams Pet Foods expert review by Dr. Ken Tudor

Iams has been selling dog food since 1946 and today is one of the world's best-known pet food companies. Its goal is to improve the health of dogs all over the world through nutritional offerings.

• Website offers pet health articles: In addition to buying nutritious dog food from this company, consumers can learn about various aspects of dog health on its website.

• Supports both research and innovation: Dog food formulas are derived from up-to-date research about dog nutrition and health as well as from experimenting to see what dogs like and how food affects their health.

• Puppy foods are designed to make dogs more trainable: Puppy food is formulated to help brain development, which improves cognition as well as makes puppies easier to train.

• Develops food for all stages of life: Iams has formulas available for puppies, seniors, middle aged dogs and young adult dogs.

• Runs 120 quality assurance tests on each package: Users can be sure that food is high quality by the time it reaches their shelves.

• Best for: Puppies, senior dogs, active dogs and dogs with special health needs.

Profile picture of Dr. Ken Tudor
    Dr. Ken Tudor

Pet Food Contributing Editor

A recognized expert and leader in pet nutrition, Dr. Ken Tudor has written over 200 articles on the subject. He also has a featured weekly blog on petMD, is published in major veterinary journals and is a frequent internet media guest expert. He is the founder of Hearthstone Homemade, a recipe and supplement program for pet parents wishing to feed nutritious homemade dog food.

Iams Dog Food Company Information