Iams Dog Food
3.74/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Iams Dog Food

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Looking for a good dog food brand?

801 Iams Dog Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased Iams small breed dog food on May 25th 2019. By the second time I fed this dog food to my dachshund and my Corgi, my dachshund begin to show signs of distress. I was awakened by her vomiting and severe bloody diarrhea around 3:30 a.m. and by 9 a.m. that morning she was lying in her bed very lethargic. I carried her to the vet. She was dehydrated, severe diarrhea and vomiting. She spent the rest of that day and the next day getting IV fluids and medications. I was very lucky she did not die.

The next day my Corgi started showing the same signs as my dachshund. I started giving her medication prescribed by my vet. She has been very sick with the bloody diarrhea and vomiting. I write this post to warn other pet owners not to purchase Iams dog food. I don't know how this dog food is made but something is toxic to pets. I had to spend $587 in vet bills. I feel like the Iams company should reimburse me for that bill. Plus the purchase at the dog food.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I bought the green bag of IAMS because I heard it was so great for dogs. Couldn’t understand why for 3 weeks my dogs have had terrible diarrhea ... Nonstop for 3 solid weeks. Will never buy IAMS again. It’s the food causing the sickness. I am changing back to the “cheaper” food that kept my dogs poo firm. I want my money back for the huge bag of food I bought, and the money I spent on a brand new area rug because they couldn’t hold themselves from this garbage poison you claim is so amazing. Don’t buy IAMS.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I started feeding my dog Iams Lamb and Rice only because I couldn't afford the regular brand of food I normally get. So I thought I picked the next best option. Within a week of feeding my GSD the food, his eyes became red and swollen and were discharging white pus. He was pacing. My lab was losing weight. Three weeks in and I'm calling the Doc about my GSD eye and some bleeding. Still I didn't put the two things together. Iams and potential problems.

Week four and I picked up a different brand of food. I cooked a home cooked diet also for my dogs. WHAT Happened? Eyes started getting better. Lab started putting weight back on. AHHA! Now it's making sense… I stopped completely. So, without the possiblity of being able to have the Iams food tested, I'm gonna assume that something bad was in the mix. And I won't be using that product again.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The dog likes the food, though he doesn't gobble it. It seems to give him enough energy and he looks healthy. His coat is shiny and his teeth are white. The quality seems to be perfect for the price.

Original review: April 12, 2019

11 yrs ago our vet recommend changing from Purina due to the fact it was full of fillers which made the dogs defecate several times a day. Iams also has made it easier to control weight better than the previous brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: April 9, 2019

We've always fed Iams to our active Border Collies and they have always done well. They certainly have seemed to enjoy eating it, i.e. it is very palatable. Our impression is that Iams is a high-quality dog food.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Dogs do well on it. Never had a problem. They have gotten ill on other well known brands. Food is available at many places which is good when we are on vacation. Stools are well formed and never any upset stomach issues.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My dog started to dislike canned dog food so I tried IAMS and he has been very happy with it for the past four years. He does not have any problems digesting his food and he is always eager to eat.

Original review: March 27, 2019

For the cost of this food it is reprehensible what they use for ingredients. Meat of some kind should be the main ingredient especially when it comes to weight management. Please make sure to take a look at the first few ingredients of the food you're feeding to your pets. If it is all corn or fillers, move on as it's just not worth it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My vet recommended I use Iams dog food, and I know why. My dog loves it and it makes her coat beautiful. I've been feeding it to her for almost three years now and I'm very happy except when it runs out at the store and I have to try another brand for a time.

Iams Dog Food Company Information