2. Pets

Iams Dog Food

Iams Dog Food
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

P&G Pet Care exists to enhance the health and well being of more dogs and cats. For over fifty years, Iams has supported a team of Pet Care professionals who handle consumer questions and concerns. This team, which includes pet nutrition experts and veterinary technicians, is thoroughly trained on our products, the science behind them and general pet nutrition.

Iams Dog Food Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2018

I started feeding my dog Iams dog food about 2 years and 6 months ago and he has done well I think until last week when my dog started throwing up every time he would eat it. Well he wouldn't even get it digested good and he would throw it up. I started to think back for a while and I know that every time he would eat he would always go outside to eat grass like something was bothering him. I never thought about it until now that my dog is sick.

I took him to the vet and did x rays and it looks like a string is in his intestines so he stayed all day getting fluids to try to flush his system. He came home and I gave him chicken and rice for 3 days and he was doing better. Yesterday I decided to give him his Iams food again and he didn't even get it down and he threw it up. I decided to examine it and I found what looked to be little pieces of sticks in it and my dog hasn't been outside to eat sticks. I stop the food and started him back on his chicken and rice. I also wanted to say that also he would rub his face a lot like it bothered him. I will not give my babies this food anymore. I too bought mine from Walmart here in Boiling Springs South Carolina. I will keep my bag so that if they recall it I will have as proof.

Original review: March 21, 2018

We have had our 7 yr. Old retriever Iams Pro large breed in the green bag her entire life. In December I bought 2 44lb. Bags on sale at Sam's Club. The last several weeks she has been acting odd. Anxious, going out to lay on cold garage floor unable to be coaxed inside, runny nose, whimpering and twitching in her sleep, lethargy, panicking when my cell phone chimes, panting, and anxiety...all new to her. I called vet. I have been so concerned, but my appointment is several days away. Going to take her off Iams immediately and give her rice and chicken instead. I was blaming my husband for sharing treats and making her sick...he denied doing so. So glad I found this site. Hopefully she rebounds soon. P.S. She even refuses to do her most favorite activity of bringing in the morning newspaper! I AM KEEPING NEWLY OPENED BAG 2 INCASE OFFICIAL RECALL EVIDENCE NEEDED.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My Sheltie has been on IAMS dog food for at least 4 years. Recently she also has been having diarrhea and vomiting. What I would like to know is whether people are experiences these problems with the wet dog food. We serve her both wet and dry. We have switched over to Nutro wet and stopped the dry, but we have about 18 cans of Iams wet dog food that we will throw away if the problems are both from the wet and dry dog food.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I spoke to a representative at Mars. All of the reviews on Consumer Affairs website need to be forwarded to their company and call the company with all of these horrible issues we have been having with our dogs. The rep. did say they changed the formula in June 2017. My next step is to report this to the FDA and send a message to the dog food advisor website. I am not giving up on this fight. I was very blessed to find this site. It saved my little beagle Murphy's life after three days with a new dog food. He is feeling much better.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We purchased Iams Proactive Health Mini Chunks for our 13 yr old Australian Shepherd. At first we did not put it together when she started wandering around staring at walls, panting and shaking, not making eye contact, hiding in the bushes in our yard. We thought she was having some neurological issues due to her age. Suddenly one evening after her meal she began pacing and panting and leaped into our bed acting scared. This kept up for 5 nights and several vet visits racking up $1200. With every test coming back normal!

After brainstorming it occurred to me this keeps happening after her evening meal! Because during the day she would be somewhat ok. Not 100% but nothing like the night time episodes. I found this site and after reading all the comments and complaints I decided to change her food and see if it made a difference. Within 24 hours our dog was back!!! Relaxed, making eye contact and zero symptoms! So what is going on here Iams! What are they putting in our pets food! This is beyond wrong! There needs to be a investigation! The stress our family has been through during this is terrible! Our poor dog seemed as if she was dying! She must have been terrified! DO NOT FEED THIS TO YOUR PETS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iams Pet Foods?

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am posting this review to help others. After reading the reviews, when fighting to keep my babies well, the alarm went off to research more. I am gathering information for a possible Class Action Suit. In the meantime, I've contacted Mars Petcare and they think reimbursing me for a bag of dog food, I will forget my situation and they weren't at all concerned of my vet bill, of approximately $2000 or a little more. I won't cash the check, as that would close my case number with them. After further research, I am seeing more and more issues of Iams and hearing more through others, friends of friends. We have narrowed the illness of our babies down to the dog food. Two labs have now contacted me, via telephone and email, that we do have a issue here. Feel free to contact me, if you care to join my journey to recovery.

This is my copy and pasted documentation: We’ve been feeding Iams for a while now. In September, 2017, I had purchased a bag of Iams from the WalMart store in LaGrande, Oregon, September 2017, and noticed problems following this bag of food to begin with, but didn’t think it was the dog food. On October 19th, 2017, Matilda had weird seizures and threw up a lot, but finally calmed down with soft foods. She threw up a lot of water also and bile. On November 15th, 2017 Agatha did some throw-up and didn’t want to jump up or run very well. I kept working with her and she kinda came out of it. She stopped eating the Iams completely. I had to feed her boiled chicken and rice. Water intake was huge.

In November 15th, 2017 Walmart Order #**, (have bag still, waiting for Lab results, with all info dates on bag) received November 20th, 2017, Iams Proactive Health Adult Mini Chunks Dry Dog Food 40 Pounds, $37.73. December 2017, noticed both Toy Aussies, Agatha and Rosetta had not been eating as much as usual and turned their nose up at the food immediately, when dish was stirred. Matilda backed off also, but did eat some on occasion and gained a lot of weight throughout January 2018. January 27th, 2018, Agatha was off again, such as she was before. She threw up all food intake and water intake. She drank like she couldn’t get enough fluids.

Late evening, she went into seizures. The seizures were 15 to 30 seconds apart, for 4 ½ hrs. Ended up at Vets office at midnight. Vet documented. February 4th, she continued with little seizures and finally things calmed down with seizure meds, but not 100%. February 12th, 2018, Rosetta became off, just like Agatha did, but more severe. Threw up everything, lots of bile. Would drink water and throw it right back up in less than a minute. Called Vet on call. He suggested to only let her have little amounts of water and once again boiled chicken and cooked rice. She got better and it stopped. February 24th, 2018 it started all over again. All the above repeated again. This time, it didn’t go away. Rushed her to the Vet February 26th, 2018. Ended up doing Emergency soft tissue surgery. Video is available upon request.

February 12th, 2018 started new dog food, as everything we had investigated, pointed back to the Iams dog food. Ended up prior to this, feeding only boiled chicken and cooked rice. March 6, 2018 Agatha ended up having Soft Tissue Surgery. Hers was less severe than Rosetta’s. Picture of proof upon request. March 6, 2018 Matilda starting throwing up food and water to. I rushed her in to be examined. Stomach lining was irritated, even though she was on new food. Calmed stomach down, by not feeding her for 24 hrs. Started with soft food and sensitive Hills Science Diet dry food. Knock on wood, all okay for now. This is very disturbing, that Mars Petcare won't even listen to the customer! I want to help make a difference for the health of everyone's fur babies!

Original review: March 5, 2018

If I could give Iams no stars I would. I have always bought Iams with all my dogs and Never once did I have issues up till about a year ago. My dogs started having stomach issues, I was in denial it was the dog food. We had just moved to an apartment so thought it was something else. We quit giving dog treats thinking it was that as well. After months trying to figure out what it could be we switched foods for our fur babies. I don't know what Iams changed their ingredients to, but My dogs had severe stomach issues! Vomiting and diarrhea. My poor babies were so miserable. After taking them to the vet when they didn't get better the vet said a lot of her clients that gave Iams to their fur babies complained of the same issues!! I am so upset that I didn't switch sooner when I suspected something but I TRUSTED this brand that my dogs were getting a good quality dog food!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Thank goodness for this blog as without it, I would not have been able to diagnose my dog. 15# Coton started having seizures. Healthy otherwise and only 3.5 years old. After googling seizure or sickness and dog food all of these detailed stories helped me save our dog. Within 12 hours of discontinuing Iams mini chunks green bag (bought from Target 1/2018 and opened 2/15) my dog was no longer having 3 full-on seizures per day (for 3 days). The vet would not listen to my story about this blog and diagnosed him with epilepsy and prescribed medicine).

I had blood drawn and everything was normal except for high liver enzymes. I said to vet “couldn’t poisoned dog food cause high liver enzymes”. Vet said yes but she really thought he also had early liver disease. What the heck! Needless to say I walked out of there, no medication and told vet, “I’m going to continue to observe our dog with the new food.” My dog is now seizure free and is back to normal. DO not buy IAMS! And maybe don’t listen to your vet either. Mama knows best.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have fed my dog Iams (Green Bag Mini chunks) for the past 2 years. I've noticed when opening a new bag my dog may have some digestive issues. This week 2-25-18 I purchased a large bag at Stater Bros in Anaheim Ca. My dog has for 1.5 days had terrible Diarrhea and today has thrown up 3 times. My dog is very withdrawn. I can tell does not feel well at all. Upon review of this site I find this to be very common and seems I need to take my dog to the vet for treatment. I will be discontinuing use of Iams. What is Iams doing about this issue? I am seeing multiple issues stated for Feb. 2018. This has to be some kind of bad food. This is not normal.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I am astonished there has not been a massive recall and my only guess as to why is that they are willing to take the cost of the lack of lawsuits versus the cost of the recall. THIS FOOD WILL KILL YOUR PET. I bought the IAMS smart puppy large breed yellow bag and my dog quickly became ill throwing up and diarrhea at the same time and it has continued for four days. He is seeing the vet this week and I am extremely disgusted with IAMS as a company at this point. My carpets are ruined, my vet bills will probably be astronomical and that is still nothing compared to the health risks my baby pup is facing right now. I will be contacting them and seeking a lawsuit.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

A few weeks ago we switched our puppy's food from Beneful to IAMS because Walmart was out of the Beneful and we figured IAMS was a good brand. Well at first he loved the food, but after a few days he refused to eat it as if he didn't like the taste. He would eventually eat his food but he wasn't eating nearly as much as he normally would. Well the last 3 days he has been vomiting and has had bad diarrhea. I took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with gastroenteritis and said it could be because we switched brands of food. Well after reading the reviews here I am now terrified. I've already spent 155 dollars we didn't have and now I'm worried he will have to go back. I am currently watching him and trying to get him to at least drink water. If he gets better he will not eat this brand of food ever again! I hope they can figure out what is causing this because obviously there is a very serious problem here.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My 14 year old Beagle has been eating IAMS his whole life. Suddenly in December he became very ill. My story is just like all of the ones on this site. I am so thankful my friend sent me this link. My dog will no longer be getting IAMS. And I have a full unopened bag at home going in the trash. He was given I/D brand food because of his pancreatitis. Then I switched him back to IAMS. He has not been eating much at all since then. Turns his nose up at it. I have to add wet food to get him to eat. Can’t believe I have been forcing my dog to eat poison!!! He actually ate 4-5 cups of IAMS which gave him the pancreatitis. Now I know it wasn’t the overeating but the food itself. He has still been very sick, drinking profusely, and having accidents in the house. He was on an antibiotic for over a month so maybe that kept him alive. I just cannot believe this food is still on the market. Please post on social media as I have done!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We have been feeding our Brittany Spaniel IAMS mini chunks (green bag) for about a year. In January after buying a new bag of food our dog had an episode of vomiting and diarrhea which smelled atrocious. We had to dispose of bedding and deep clean the room to remove the smell. Since then I've noticed he has been eating grass more than usual.

Last Friday, I purchased two new bags of the same food and my dog initially turned his nose up at the food in the morning and didn't want to eat it. He never usually rejects his food but I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't offer him an alternative or take it away so he later ate it. When I came home from work, my dog had had vomiting and diarrhea again. He was very out of sorts, wouldn't eat and at one point his hind legs were shaky. I called the vet and got some advice which I followed.

It's now Sunday and he's still off his food and having diarrhea. I believe my dog could tell the food was not good hence his initial rejection of it. He never rejects his food normally. I have concluded that the food is causing his illness and will not be giving him IAMS again. I am very thankful to those people who have written reviews sharing their similar experiences and concerns which helped me reach the decision to stop the IAMS, hopefully before any serious issues have been caused. Hoping all pooches will get well soon and so sorry to hear of some of the losses here.

I will be contacting IAMS with my concerns also. I am only giving one star because there is no option for zero stars. I find it incredible and irresponsible that no recall has been issued by IAMS in light of the seriousness of these reports. If you are reading this and have similar concerns, please take the time to post a review and document your experience here as it might help ensure no harmful product gets to the shelves.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I tried IAMS for small breed and noticed my dog started to have skin sores and lesions almost immediately. After reading these other comments from people having issues, I'm switching her to another brand immediately. You can see in the photo below where she has a fresh lesion.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have not been able to explain the increased flatulence the last month in my dogs, as well as my older dog lethargic and wheezing as if sick, and the younger dog randomly throwing up and licking excessively. My dogs had check ups last summer and were in fine health. We have use Iams for a long time with no trouble in our other dogs so far but I have begun to wonder if Iams had created a new recipe, ruling out any other new things. After finding the complaints here about Iams I feel it must be the logical suspect and particularly because symptoms described here are very similar to what I am observing in my dogs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had used Iams for over 10 years, on our Chow mix, our Chihuahua, and our Lab. In 2009 our Chow mix was diagnosed with melanoma cancer. Although we had the tumor removed, the cancer returned and we had to put him down in 2010. We had given our Lab to our daughter and her husband, who continued to feed her Iams. Two years ago, she was diagnosed with cancer after numerous mast cell tumors were removed from one of her legs. Two surgeries later to remove more tumors, and the cancer has returned with a vengeance, and they are just playing the waiting game until the dog begins to show signs of pain and needs to be put down.

In November of 2016, a tumor appeared on our Chihuahua, which was biopsied and also turned out to be cancerous and was inoperable. We put her down in May, 2017. Now tumors have appeared in my son's Lab/Rottweiler mix, who was also fed Iams her entire life, although he has not had a biopsy done yet to determine if the tumors are cancerous. One of his other dogs, however, was losing hair, and once the dog was transitioned off Iams and onto a different food, his hair has grown back. I am not saying that Iams dog food was the cause of the cancer in 3 dogs, possibly 4, within our immediate family, but it was too much of a coincidence for us to continue feeding this food to our dogs that we love so dearly.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We have been feeding our dog Iams for about a year now but when we bought the last bag a few weeks ago our dog started acting very lethargic. She is normally a very playful dog and use to get so excited when we come home, but last week she was just laying around and kept her tail between her legs. I took her to the vet and she did have a light fever but otherwise healthy. We switched her to wet food for 3 days and she started to act like herself again. I then tried to start her back on dry food and after just one day of this she was starting to act lethargic again.

I mentioned to my husband it may be her food, I don’t know why but I just got a feeling since she would kind of turn her nose up at it. I also noticed the Iams food was two different colors. I started doing some research to see if anyone else has had this problem and came across all these comments of other people’s dogs having the same problem! I will NEVER buy Iams dog food again! I am so upset that this company has done something to their food that is harming pets! I will be contacting the company as soon as I can!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My old Shepherd avoids his dry dog food... just ate a bowl full after out to play and ride in car and do errands with me and started licking everything. I Googled his behavior which is a sign of tummy ache so I gave him a piece of white bread good if maybe something stuck In bowl and some plain yogurt and activist and swallowed ok but wanted to eat grass from outside in snow now acts better... maybe God's plan to find this web page. My dogs don't like Iams too much but this after one bowl... I am gonna have to find a dry that is heavier. I try to cook and do healthy snacks of cooked meats and veggies and tried raw but could not get stools stable. Not sure what to do as so much else is worst than Iams and Blue.

They turn noses away and gives diarrhea and some can of dog food do the same diarrhea. I think there is just no quality management or detection of bad spoiled batches. Whatever the cost I just need want some "Cheerios" i.e. Basic food for my dog friends whom we have made helpless and dependent on us to survive. I spied shots and flea/heart pills when my healthy happy young beagle died within weeks from lymphoma. Could have been round up I used years before but likely not as every time he took flea heart pills he was weak lethargic...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I have been feeding my 10 year old Yorkie Iams Proactive Adult for years. About a month ago, after opening a new bag of multi-colored Iams proactive, he became lethargic and was defecating bloody stool. I took him to the vet, she put him on a special diet for a week and he seemed to get better. I then put him back on the Iams mature adult. He became lethargic once again, had trouble coming in from outside; coming up one step, had muscle weakness, a distended tummy and once again, bloody diarrhea. He had labored breathing and passed away in my arms on the morning of December 31, 2017. We are shocked and devastated, as prior to eating this dog food, he was perfectly healthy and we expected him to live many more healthy years. I am so sad at his loss. PLEASE, IF YOU LOVE YOUR DOG, DO NOT FEED HIM/HER IAMS. Don't take the chance. This has happened too often with the Iams product to be a coincidence.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My 2 previously healthy dogs are currently fighting for their lives. After reading some of these other reviews I now am convinced it is their Iams Dog Food. They started vomiting and diarrhea. After deteriorating rapidly we took them to the vet. One was diagnosed with pancreatitis and the other one has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. We purchased this bag of dog food in early/mid December. We are filing a complaint with the FDA.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Bought new bag of Iams food. It was a new design in Dec 2017. My dog started vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten this for some time. Didn't think anything about food. Two trips to vet. Second visit she had to stay two nights. $180 first visit $333 second visit. She been good for a week. She been eating prescription food for two weeks. Today started feeding her Iams again. She vomited shortly after. Went online to look at Iams reviews. I wish I had look before I bought. My little baby was so sick!!! Not to mention all the money!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Iams Large Breed - I’m concerned after reading these comments. I came searching for information as our dog began to vomit over the weekend. Every time I increase her feeding back to normal amount she has vomited. She’s eaten this same product for three years, but the vomiting correlates with a new bag of the food. I am changing her food tomorrow!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

It is with a broken, heavy heart that I write that my dog, Chewbacca, is dead. He was my friend, my constant companion, and now he is gone. I have always known my dog to be healthy, energetic, and spunky. He was always alert and ready to play. The only time he ever needed to go to the vet was for checkups and his routine shots. That is, until recently. A few weeks ago, I began giving him dog food from a new 30 lb. bag of IAMS Proactive Health Mini Chunks two tone kibble. A week and a half later, he became violently sick. He began breathing very heavily and seemed as though he was choking or couldn't catch his breath directly after eating his meals. He would vomit and then poop all at the same time. He became lethargic and looked scared.

When he wasn't experiencing these symptoms, I noticed that he would constantly lick his paws, which I thought was strange and out of character for him. My first thought was that he had eaten something and his body was trying to get rid of it. I thought perhaps he was having an allergic reaction? I never fed him people food and the only change I had made in his diet was opening a new bag of IAMS Proactive Health Mini Chunks two tone kibble.

After he had another episode like the first, I knew this was more than a fluke and I took him off the dog food. I began looking into this particular line of IAMS Dog Food. I wanted to see if any other dogs were experiencing the same symptoms as my dog after eating the IAMS Dog Food. While looking up reviews online, I was horrified to find that hundreds of other families' dogs were experiencing the exact same symptoms and more! Because I was so worried about the health of my dog, I brought him in to be checked by the vet. The vet checked his heart and lungs and was unable to give me a diagnosis, so I brought my dog home. Within another week's time, my dog was dead.

Following my dog's passing, I've researched this dog food even more. IAMS had changed their recipe and something was and still is horribly wrong with it. Why is this dog food still on the shelves?!? I had always thought IAMS was a reputable company. They have advertised with "satisfaction 100% or your money back..." Are they able to bring my dog back? My dog is dead! This dog food needs to be removed from the shelves immediately and tested to find out why so many dogs are getting violently sick and some dying! It is illegal to sell contaminated food!!! Why is IAMS being so negligent, after there have been so many complaints, in not making sure their food is not tainted in any way? They should be recalling this food.

If your dog is getting sick after eating the IAMS Food, please contact the FDA and the USDA and most importantly call IAMS and let them know. Hang onto the dog food and the bag's bar code, lot number, and expiration date so that it can be tested. The bar code on the bag I have is: 0 1901470071 4. The expiration date is: Feb. 09 2019. The lot number is: 741F 20HL 02 04:56.

I ask the IAMS company (owned by Mars, Inc.): How many more dogs are going to become violently sick and die before you take responsibility and accountability for what you are doing to our fur babies? There is something horribly wrong with this food and it needs to be recalled and tested! I wish I would have known sooner, so that I could have switched my dog's food. Now I live with the knowledge that I gave my dog Chewbacca this food, a food that ultimately took his life. I will never ever buy another IAMS product again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Our 10 year old GSP (Sasha) is dead and it appears to only have taken a half a bag of Iams dog food to get it done. We decided to switch dog food on December 10, 2017 and chose Iams because we thought it would be a better dog food for Sasha and our 7 month old GSP puppy. After only a couple of days feeding Iams Sasha got sick and vomited all over our bedroom. On Christmas eve she got violently ill, unable to stand and barely able to breathe. This lasted a few hours until she finally was able to stand. She then vomited all the Iams food up that she had been fed several hours earlier. It was all whole and undigested. She managed to go outside to relieve herself and when she did it was red and blood soaked. We got her to the vet as soon as possible, she was put on antibiotics and had blood-work done. She was a little better for a day then once again she got so sick, falling over, breathing real shallow and so close to death and suffering.

Sasha managed once again to avoid death and slowly get somewhat better. The next morning after feeding Iams to our puppy (KC-Wee) a few hours later she started vomiting and became very weak. It was then that we figured out it had to be the Iams dog food. After Googling we found this site and seeing others having the same issues we immediately stopped feeding Iams, but it was too late for Sasha. That night once again she got so sick and died on the couch in my husband's arms. KC has been getting better slowly and all we did was take the Iams away. Like the others have said it was the light and dark brown dog food We called Iams and they told us they had not had any other complaints. After reading everything here that was obviously a lie. This has been so terrible losing our Sasha. We do not want anyone else to go through this. If you love your dog please stop feeding Iams. You don't want to live this nightmare.

Updated on 04/14/2018: I have contacted Mars the FDA and Iams and still nothing done. My dog Sasha died and I believe it is from eating this food and I just want someone to acknowledge. I first posted on this site in January 2018 after Sasha died. Since then I have called and told anyone that I could. Still this food is not recalled and dogs are still getting sick. I received a check from mars for the price of dog food, I am not cashing. I think that is terrible. Sasha meant so much more to me and my husband than the price of a bag of dog food. Everyone that posted on here needs to contact anyone and everyone until something is done. PLEASE!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Today (January 4th) I switched my dog from Beneful to IAMS (blue bag, the one with the bulldog on it) and my pitbull mix has only eaten a little less than a cup mixed with his old food. He has been very itchy in his ears and scratched till one ear bled just slightly. He has had two poops that were much softer than normal, almost "creamy" for lack of better words. He is currently in bed with me, lying here with a fever and breathing a little oddly but that's probably due to the soreness in his ears. Very disappointed, IAMS. Based on my experience, and others' much worse experience you should not have that veterinary seal. I can only hope this is simply bad batch and you can bounce back from this.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

We purchased a bag of this food in late December. We were fostering a stray which immediately experienced diarrhea. We didn't think much about but then our dogs began to experience vomiting and diarrhea too. It's been about a week now and they are progressively getting worse. I decided to look online for a food recall and found all these reviews and now I am really scared. I've stopped feeding them the Iams and called Iams consumer relations. Everybody should call Iams if their dog is experiencing the same reactions to the Iams Minichunks. This shouldn't be happening to other dogs.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Both of my dogs have been eating the green bag Iams for over a year. On Dec 30 I bought a new bag. The kibble was smaller and the feed was two different color. Today on Jan 1 both of my dog have started to throw up. Both are acting like they don’t feel well and lethargic. Not happy! I will not be feeding them any anymore Iams products.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My 4.5 poodle has been eating Iams for 9 years and now after noticing a change in the packaging and looks of food she started vomiting all her food up. She has been having seizures also. Took her to the vet and said that she seems healthy. This all started when Iams changed their product.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I switched to Iams dog food for two of my dogs and on the second bag, bought early December 2017, they became deathly ill. One woke me up as was sleeping with us on the 18th, about to vomit. I got her to the bathroom floor where she vomited then fell over. She could not move and was barely breathing. She was defecating but had no ability to push or move. Blood poured from her rectum. I helped her as though she was dying and emptying her system. I held her and prayed then got her to vet. She was in liver failure and put on meds and fluids. The vet was not sure she would make it. Then the next night my other terrier started vomiting and vomited 6 times then was weak and violently trembling... She had not eaten as much of the Iams. She is a very smart Jack Russell and had not been eating this food. She would actually turn her nose up at it and my husband kept picking it up.

He was out of town this day and left the food on the floor in her bowl. When I got home she had not eaten so I crated her with the food and she finally ate. Then became sick that night. The other dog was at the vet fighting for her life. They have pulled through with an expensive vet bill and hopefully will be ok. This is too coincidental to not be the food. Our other older lab on different food is fine. The vet said could have been the food. I don't know if was a bad batch but have called the store and Iams. I just don't want any dogs to die from this so beware! Also, if your dog has these symptoms please take to vet immediately. After reading these reviews I see too many deaths over last few months like this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We started last week when one of our dogs (Kelpie) got severe diarrhea. Pooped all over the living room floor in the very early morning. We had to take her outside every hour. Finally she got better after about 4 days. We attributed it to maybe she ate something outside as I let her run for a bit the day before. She seldom gets this chance and hasn't since this incident. Now this morning both dogs have the runs. After reading the reviews I went and looked at the food we feed them and sure enough exactly as the other folks. Two colored food. Don't buy this food. My wife wants Iams to pay for the cleaning of our carpets and I agree. This is ridiculous.

Iams Dog Food Company Information