2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartz Mountain?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I bought my 5 almost 6 month old cat who weighs around 11lbs Hartz flea and tick prevention ultra guard pro because she obviously has some fleas. After putting this product on my cat where directed less than 5 minutes later she started to foam at the mouth and became lethargic!! I called our vet right away and told them what was going on and the product being used. I was told to immediately drive her to an emergency center because the product placed on her is highly toxic!!! After hours at the emergency center and hundreds of dollars later we were finally able to bring her home! I will NEVER use Hartz products again and I will NEVER recommend using anything from them not even food products!! I can not believe that we almost lost our baby girl to some pet medication that we thought we could trust! My kids were devastated and said they will never forget that moment.

So if you think you're saving money by buying a little cheaper product DON'T. You will almost kill your pet by using their products or spend hundreds of dollars to save them! I’m so taken aback by this company and how they are still even allowed to have their products sold at stores. I should be refunded For all the vet bills and the Stress that myself.. my family and my cat were caused. We all would have been heartbroken if we lost her.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

We bought Hartz flea and tick tubes to apply to back of the neck and right away "Fergie" (our 1 yr old cat) let out a screeching meow... and ran off. She's been lethargic for 2 days almost 3!! My wife called the vet and before she finished even telling her what was happening, she said, "Omg! Was it Hartz brand?" We said "yes". Vet said they see it a lot and animals die because of it!! Said to stay as far away from Hartz as possible!! Traumatic as hell for all of us and of course Ferg! I'm going to attach a pic if it lets me...

I've seen pics here of other people's cats with burnt, bald bleeding pus, with scan, etc... but nothing has come close to our cats burn mark!! She's doing a bit better, but was so out of it... way outta character. A class-action suit should be done for all of us! If that's a possibility, please reach out to me and I'll be on board in 1 Sec flat...They should be ashamed, and it should be off the ** shelves!!!! Shouldn't have to have X number of deaths first!!! Geez!!

Get buying tips about Pet Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

On Monday, August 3, I had to rush my 5 year old cat to the vet due to her distress within fifteen minutes of applying this dangerous product!! She started to pant, tremble, and had the most heart wrenching vocalization of extreme distress. She has Pyrethrin Poisoning, flea and tick pesticide. As of today, Thursday the 6th, she remains in the hospital being treated for tremors and twitching.

By administering this product to my furry family members, I should have peace of mind that it's a safe product! The packaging of this product does NOT mention the medical risks associated with this product, but instead only lists "first-aid" provisions. This needs to change! I've been reading posts about people's pets dying from using Hartz products specifically. How many more have to die before this product is banned from use!!?

Original review: July 22, 2020

I washed my dog with Hartz Oatmeal shampoo. After 2 days applied the Hartz Flea and Tick Drops to the small of my Pit Bull's back. The very next day she was vomiting and lethargic and would not eat. On Saturday My Family Friend died due to the use the Hartz Flea and Tick medication. @ different Veterinarians confirmed this. I do Not recommend any products of HARTZ.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I put the flea and tick on my dog yesterday and when I went to take her our today in the afternoon I seen this terrible bloody mark on her and I was immediately like wtf, so I call the place and they go on abt "Thanks for calling us and I'm so sorry this happened. It's very rare that this happens," and gave me a case number. "Oh and take her to the vet too." I cannot afford a vet and now I have no choice. Me and my husband are very upset and worried bc I seen all the reviews abt pets dying and I feel so bad for applying it to her. So anyways I also noticed her collar has been extremely corroded and the burn is spreading farther down her neck. Getting worse by the hour.

I am going to do my best to sue this company. I'm truly disgusted with this and all they can say is, "Oh we're very sorry. BTW take her to the vet." Wait till you see the pics. NEVER USE HARTZ MOUNTAIN FLEA AND TICK DROPS. I never will touch this horrible stuff again. Oh yah and the box says reactions are rare but mild if they do occur which is very misleading and a flat out lie.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I put this on my 8.5lb cat and she instantly began having a reaction!! It burned my eyes instantly and she acted like it was burning her! She was panting, and meowing strange, running around, and meowed when I tried to touch her. She ran and hid under our bed and when I got her out she kept trying to turn her head to get the product off. I knew I had to get this off of her immediately! I washed her with Dawn and she seems to be ok, as of now, but will continue to watch her. We can only hope there’s no permanent damage done to her neurological or nervous system, skin, or that her hair won’t fall out-which is the least of the worries after reading some of these other reviews on here!! Luckily I only have one cat and only had it on her for less than 10 mins, I would hate to know the outcome if someone doesn’t watch their pet for reactions!!! Definitely need to evaluate this product as it seems to be incorrectly dosed and way too strong for small animals.

Original review: May 21, 2020

So where's the class action law suit for this?! Everyone on here has suffered greatly from this product and after putting this on my 3 cats one has no hair and twitches and the other 2 I've given multiple baths, I can still smell it, it burns my eyes. I can't believe that this is even allowed and there are enough people here to start filing claims. I am willing to help however I can but if anyone here knows more or can help please let everyone know! These people deserve money for pain and suffering. This is unacceptable and animal cruelty!!! My animals are all I have and depend on me to care for them. They are more special to me than anyone and this is a nightmare!! Someone please help!

Original review: May 13, 2020

I put this medication on my 3 cats. Immediately, the started foaming out of the mouth and seizuring. I rushed them to the vet. $600 to wash them down, stabilize them and pump them full of medicine. 2 of the cats are still having neurological symptoms, shaking their hind legs uncontrollably. Horrible. Please please take it off shelves. You should be so ashamed!!!!

Original review: May 4, 2020

Purchased this flea & tick for both of my Jack Russel's and the cat version for my boy cat. Immediately, my cat ran all around the house, all over the furniture, twitched all over, was uncomfortable being touched, hid all night behind things, stopped eating and drinking. It took three days for him to finally feel better. My Jack Russell began violently shaking, her heart was racing, she could not lay down, ran into everything, appeared to not recognize her surroundings, growled, and stopped eating and drinking.

Day three, she still has these attacks, however, it has finally slowed down to two times a day. The only way I could reduce their reactions was (for my cat) to give an activated charcoal capsule and rescue remedy anxiety drops (about a fifth of dropper) as well as wash area drops were places with soap, water and rinse using a wet cloth. For my JRT, same as the cat except I also gave her a mix of herbs (dandelion for her kidneys, burdock for her blood and milk thistle for her liver), which I repeat after each episode. This is the only way I was able to see any improvement. **With the exception of the first dose of charcoal, I give a daily capsule separate from other supplements as charcoal will absorb too much of the herbs. This product is pure evil. This can kill your pet and should have been off the market years ago. My JRT's symptoms lasted longer than my cat's, so I added ** a few times a day.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I placed the Hartz drops on my border collie. He became violently Ill... Drooling..unsteady on his feet.. Loss of appetite..nausea...lethargy...itching...blistering skin that bled...excessive nervous..panting and accelerated heart rate.. Fortunately he survived. This product is dangerous and needs to be removed from the markets.

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Company Information