2. Pets

Find affordable pet supplies

Shop now on BudgetPetCare

Visit Website

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartz Mountain?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I applied Hartz flea drops to my 62lb red nosed pit bull, which is a very sturdy dog, and she won't move and is breathing very slowly. I have to take her to the vet!! This stuff is poison and my baby better not die! How can they still sell this crap if it's poisoning our pets!?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Hartz Products harm animals! We bought the flea and tick Ultraguard for our cat and a few days later I found her dead. She had had a seizure. This product needs pulled off shelves! If it was killing children, there would be a recall! What do we have to do to get rid of it?!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My experience with the company is very very poor. I put this medication on my cat Lilo and within 30 minutes he was disoriented and then less than 20 minutes after he started having seizures I almost lost him. Had to rush him to the doctor and now he is on seizure medication for the rest of his life. His motor skills are messed up. His century is messed up. He is scared of everything now and all he does is sleep. He used to be an active chap. Not scared of anything. My opinion this should be took it off the market. Don't want no other to go through what I've been going through. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My cats have been scratching themselves the past couple of days. I checked them and they had fleas. I found Hartz flea treatment at the store since I couldn't afford the top notch medicine. The package was Hartz Ultraguard pro and it stated it killed fleas in 15 minutes. I squeezed the solution on my cat's neck and within minutes, she started to scream and hiss, running all around the house. Hissing at the other cats and I. I figured it was because of the smell and her first time having a flea treatment. A couple hours later, I found her panting, scratching at her neck and hissing all in one. I looked up the medicine and found this medication to be toxic! I immediately gave all the cats a bath in Dawn dish soap. The following day, my cat is being a loner and not Socializing very well. I hope this product doesn't kill my frickin' cat!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Hartz flea spray killed our 4-year old kitty. My 7 year old daughter is devastated. I am extremely upset that I was unaware of the hazards on using Hartz brand flea products. Hartz uses insecticides/pesticides that are poisonous to humans and animals. Hartz obviously doesn’t care. Victim pictured.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This product is absolutely horrible. I bought it on the 29th of last month and it is now just the 12th of September and she is infested in fleas and has been since the day after we put it on her. She's miserable. She's scratching everywhere. I have flea eggs dirt everything in my bed. This product is horrible. If I had the receipt from Walmart I would request my money back. Anyway I don't recommend putting this on your pet. She was lethargic for a couple of days after we put it on her. We put it on the outside dog and our little min pin and all three dogs acted the same way and all three dogs are covered in fleas I mean covered. I'm enclosing pictures. Bobbie **

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I switched to this brand and my cat ended up having a seizure. My baby almost passed away from a flea medication treatment. This product is terrible!! I even have it on video. I would never recommend this product.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Not only does this product not kill or prevent fleas, it made my 4 month old kitten seriously ill. She became lethargic and stopped eating. I tried to save time and money by grabbing this product while grocery shopping but it ended up costing me one giant vet bill. My bill actually says, “1 Exam (General) Hartz Toxicity” $65, and that’s not including the medication needed to counteract the side effects. The vet said she sees it all the time with the Hartz brand and wishes they would take it off the shelves. Please, please please don’t poison your cat and please warn others. I almost lost my sweet Potato.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Applied this to my 2 year old cat who behaves very well. Immediately the smell was so strong and smelt like super glue. He starts hissing and growling and running around which he never does. We immediately tried to get it off and he was not happy, not trusting us anymore. I think if it would have been on any longer it would have seriously hurt him. I dont know if it was the formula or smell that made him go crazy but this product should not be on the shelf.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

As soon as we put it on our cats, one of them hid under the table, we offered him his favorite treats, he would not eat them. He jumped out the screen door and went on the hillside. We caught him and gave him a bath with Dawn dish detergent, twice. The other two cats were fairly okay, but they kept scratching their fur where we had put the drops. We gave them baths too. Thank God our three beautiful baby boys are okay. Never use Hartz, you may get a good deal, but is it worth your pet's life? I may update if any other effects happen tomorrow.

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Company Information