Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops
3.12/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

As soon as we put it on our cats, one of them hid under the table, we offered him his favorite treats, he would not eat them. He jumped out the screen door and went on the hillside. We caught him and gave him a bath with Dawn dish detergent, twice. The other two cats were fairly okay, but they kept scratching their fur where we had put the drops. We gave them baths too. Thank God our three beautiful baby boys are okay. Never use Hartz, you may get a good deal, but is it worth your pet's life? I may update if any other effects happen tomorrow.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This shouldn’t be sold in stores. It needs to be immediately pulled from the shelves!!! I had a vet appointment and dropped 250.00. Being short on cash I passed on the 80 flea and tick, and figured I could do it myself. When my dumb** saw 11 bucks for this product I thought I was getting a steal!!! Little did I know I was giving my cats a death sentence! I put a treatment on both 10 pound cats. My white haired cat immediately looked shocked. I knew something was up. When I saw her neck it was beat red! Not to mention the smell of the treatment was making me nauseous, I could only imagine how she felt. Her skin was burning.

I immediately was her down with cold water and dawn dish soap. My other cat had no reaction but I wasn’t taking any chances. Next day I wiped her down too. I was reading horrible reviews that cats die. I am beside myself. I’m telling everyone how this awful company takes advantage of its customers and are selling lethal products to innocent animals!!!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

Your company is the worst company in the world. My cat died a month after I put your flea & tick drops on him!!! He became lethargic, anemic, started always hiding, not eating or using the bathroom!!! And I woke up one morning and he was dead in his bed in the living room!! I hope you people burn in Hell!!! Murderers!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

My dog (Maria) ran around outside and got a tick and Flea issue. At the pet store, this was the only brand that was still available and I was desperate because of her condition so I decided to try it. Maria became very weak and couldn't walk shortly after I used the spray on her. She also refused to eat anything even when I spoon-fed her. She also got really sick and stopped responding when called. The other dogs were whining and crying at me the whole afternoon and wouldn't go near her. They never behave like that so it was cause for concern. I looked up the dangers and reviews of the product and was mortified! I immediately gave her a bath and she slowly started coming around. Why is this product still available? This is detrimental to the health of pets. Recall this product at once. Absolutely horrifying. Shame on you. Never again!!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

My husband sprayed our dog with this spray and our dog immediately dropped down to his knees and went into a seizure. Thank God immediately my husband put our dog in the tub and washed him down. Thank God he was OK. After using it I told my daughter and she told me about all of these reviews and I came on to read the reviews. I wish I would’ve seen this first never would’ve bought it! Not sure how they can still sell this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hartz Mountain?

Original review: July 10, 2019

Bought this product for a cat I've only had 7 months as protection for her from fleas & ticks. Within hours she acted like the was spooked like the didn't recognize me. She was so uncomfortable, listless, nauseated. Days later she is still not herself. Eating very little. How dare you continue to sell this product to consumers??? Remove the product from the stores.

Original review: July 9, 2019

If I could give this negative stars I would! Not even 1 day after putting this on my dog and following instructions exactly my dog became very sick - diarrhea, extreme vomiting. He can’t keep anything down - not even water. His fur is falling out and he’s had 2 seizures. My local vet has had 2 cases where the animal has died in the past month because of this medicine. He is currently being treated by the vet but no results as of yet. God forbid if anything happens to my baby I will be looking for some type of responsibility from this company. Do not use this product. Yes it is cheap but you get what you pay for!! In my opinion it shouldn’t be on the shelves anymore. Please look after your fur babies and don’t use this product!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

We have 2 litter mates that we put flea collars on. One cat kept pulling his off, so we got the Ultra Guard Pro topical. He became very ill, wouldn't eat, hair falling out and listless, hiding in the basement. I came here, read the reviews, and saw that Brittany of Manteca, CA, suggested Dawn and vitamin E. He wasn't crazy about the bath, but it worked! Within a day, he was eating again, and within 2 days, he was back to his old self. The cat with the collar never got sick, but now he's gotten rid of it somewhere. I've learned my lesson and will never use this again. Thank you, Brittany, for saving my cat!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I purchased Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops from Walmart because they were cheap. I was using it as a preventative measure to keep my dog from getting ticks because it's summer time. I followed the directions exactly, and within minutes my dog, Bella, began to run around scratching at the ground. She would roll her head and back against everything and would not stop, almost as if she was burning. I figured she was having some sort of allergic reaction and quickly googled the reviews. When I saw all of the horrible reviews, I decided to immediately wash her. I scrubbed her down twice now. She's sleeping now and seems better after the bath, but if any further symptoms occur I will make sure to have this company pay for hurting her. From the reviews and my own personal experience, I would not recommend this product and I even believe it should be taken off of the market.

Original review: June 24, 2019

This product needs to be taken off the shelf. I used “Hartz UltraGuard topical flea and tick” prevention and it made my cat begin to pant and drool profusely. She began to walk around the house, staggering w/ her mouth hanging open. After about 20 minutes, I put her in the bath and scrubbed her down, got her out and held her for a little bit. Towel dried her and now she is slowly coming around. I will not ever buy any Hartz product again.

Hartz Mountain Flea & Tick Drops Company Information