4.58/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Halo

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Halo Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have seven Chihuahuas and it was very hard to find a brand of dog food that everyone liked and could digest. I tried everything. Then one day at Petco they had these samples of Halo Small breed dog food. I brought home three different flavors and all seven of my Chihuahuas went right to the food and started eating, they simply loved it. It's been four years now and they still love it so much.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Halo Purely for Pets is a healthier option. The price is reasonable and my dog loves the different flavors. My local pet food store doesn't handle the wet food for small breeds so I order online.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I chose these treats because the ingredients seemed legit and similar to real food and they seemed nutritious and yummy. The texture was soft and jerky texture. The package for the treats could've been a bit larger meaning that there could have been more treats in the bag. I found that the bag was roughly 8 ounces however the actual treats were about 4 ounces. I have two dogs and for the price I expected more. The treats were pretty pricey for a brand that was unfamiliar to me. Also, one of my dogs became sick after eating the treats but I'm unsure if it's related.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My dogs are picky when it comes to treats but when using Halo they finish the entire bag. I like the natural and healthful ingredients and health benefits for dogs. Easy on my dogs digestive system and my dogs love the taste. Fairly priced when compared to other brands and package is easy to open and treats are always fresh and tender and never hard or brittle. Readily available in a variety of flavors, geared towards dogs specific health concern, grain free and allergy sensitive dogs can usually find a variety of treats readily available. The treats smell great out of the package and there is no odor or bad breath after the dog has consumed them.

It would be interesting if a fresh/raw type of treat could be offered. I wish there are more options using vegetables for example green beans or wheat grass. Also, it would be good to have guidelines on packaging noting the weight of the dog to the amount of treats recommended, feeding guidelines and a link to the company website.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I chose these Halo dog treats because they seem to have a flavor that my dog prefers over all other brands. Halo treats are always a favorite for my dog, so much so that when he sees the box he gets so excited and gives me a feeling of happiness knowing that my dog is so happy as well. These dog treats seem to give off a sense of high quality, and a delicious taste that my dog loves. I would improve upon adding more shapes, and the overall look and texture of the treat. Even though I feel the treats are so very high quality, I think adding a little appearance makeover would help me feel that much extra satisfied with these doggy food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Halo?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I like the ingredients in the product. It has high quality ingredients that provides my dog with nutrients and nourishment. More brands should be like this brand. My dog likes this product and other people should try it out.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I feel good feeding them to my dog. I like that their treats are all natural, healthy, and grain free. We should feed our dogs healthy to give them a longer life. Lower price would be nice but I would still pay for the quality. Buying natural treats does come with a higher price tag.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like the fact that Halo makes holistic food and that they do quite a bit of extensive research and all of their products are backed by nutritional experts. Their food and treats are made with all natural ingredients. They make high quality cat and dog food and treats. They have a good smell, and actually almost smells like human food. My dog does seem to enjoy and look forward to the treats. Though worth the cost, their products are very expensive.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

They are delicious, nutritious and have great quality ingredients. The first ingredient is chicken which makes me feel happy and confident about giving them to my dogs. My dogs like the taste and the smell is also pleasant. You can actually see real bits of food and it doesn't look disgusting. But they are expensive and they could be cheaper if at all possible. Also, they are hard to find and I wish they would be in Walmart or Target or at least the stores near me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My dog enjoys these treats very much and he always gets excited when he sees the bottle. They have all different kinds; vitamins, vegetarian, salmon, etc. They have different flavors and meats and different treats to keep your pet healthy. And then the prices aren't that expensive and it's comparable to other treat brands. But they aren't very easy to find and many times I buy online in which I have to pay shipping. I have to plan for if I run out in case I can't find any of the different ones I buy at the store.

Halo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Halo started in 1986 when a pet owner began looking for a way to improve her cat’s health and began feeding her cat, Spot, whole foods instead of the by-products contained in many pet foods. Ellen DeGeneres now partially owns the company. Halo’s headquarters are in Florida.

• Email list: Customers can sign up for Halo’s free e-newsletter. Product news, coupons and pet contest information will be sent directly to their inbox.

• #HaloFeedItForward: When consumers tweet a picture of their pet’s bowl with Halo food in it and use the hashtag #HaloFeedItForward, the company donates pet food to an animal shelter.

• Ingredients: Halo uses whole meat products for protein in their products. They do not use chicken meal, meat by-products, rice or artificial colors. The website lists all product ingredients.

• Availability: Halo products are sold in pet stores and online. Consumers can find the nearest retail location by visiting Halo’s website.

• Grain free: Halo makes several grain-free treat options. Grain-free flavors include beef, chicken and salmon.

• Best for: Halo treats are best for individuals who want to feed their dog treats with whole meat ingredients.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs