4.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

17 Halo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My dogs are picky when it comes to treats but when using Halo they finish the entire bag. I like the natural and healthful ingredients and health benefits for dogs. Easy on my dogs digestive system and my dogs love the taste. Fairly priced when compared to other brands and package is easy to open and treats are always fresh and tender and never hard or brittle. Readily available in a variety of flavors, geared towards dogs specific health concern, grain free and allergy sensitive dogs can usually find a variety of treats readily available. The treats smell great out of the package and there is no odor or bad breath after the dog has consumed them.

It would be interesting if a fresh/raw type of treat could be offered. I wish there are more options using vegetables for example green beans or wheat grass. Also, it would be good to have guidelines on packaging noting the weight of the dog to the amount of treats recommended, feeding guidelines and a link to the company website.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like the fact that Halo makes holistic food and that they do quite a bit of extensive research and all of their products are backed by nutritional experts. Their food and treats are made with all natural ingredients. They make high quality cat and dog food and treats. They have a good smell, and actually almost smells like human food. My dog does seem to enjoy and look forward to the treats. Though worth the cost, their products are very expensive.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I feel good feeding them to my dog. I like that their treats are all natural, healthy, and grain free. We should feed our dogs healthy to give them a longer life. Lower price would be nice but I would still pay for the quality. Buying natural treats does come with a higher price tag.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I chose these Halo dog treats because they seem to have a flavor that my dog prefers over all other brands. Halo treats are always a favorite for my dog, so much so that when he sees the box he gets so excited and gives me a feeling of happiness knowing that my dog is so happy as well. These dog treats seem to give off a sense of high quality, and a delicious taste that my dog loves. I would improve upon adding more shapes, and the overall look and texture of the treat. Even though I feel the treats are so very high quality, I think adding a little appearance makeover would help me feel that much extra satisfied with these doggy food.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I like the ingredients in the product. It has high quality ingredients that provides my dog with nutrients and nourishment. More brands should be like this brand. My dog likes this product and other people should try it out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Halo?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I choose Halo because I heard they were excellent treats made with top quality, natural and organic ingredients which have healthy aspects for animals. I like that they are cruelty free and look like they are made with wholesome foods and not processed things. It's good for dogs and dogs loved them. But they are very expensive which means I only buy them when they are on sale or when I have extra money in my budget for treats for my dogs. While I understand better quality means higher cost, I cannot afford them all the time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I chose these treats because the ingredients seemed legit and similar to real food and they seemed nutritious and yummy. The texture was soft and jerky texture. The package for the treats could've been a bit larger meaning that there could have been more treats in the bag. I found that the bag was roughly 8 ounces however the actual treats were about 4 ounces. I have two dogs and for the price I expected more. The treats were pretty pricey for a brand that was unfamiliar to me. Also, one of my dogs became sick after eating the treats but I'm unsure if it's related.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They got a lot of different products for different types of dog, also they are very accessible and you can buy them at any major retailers. I like their packaging as well. I also like Halo because they are affordable compare to other brand so we get more mileage out of our money. I think the most important thing going on is the media. I like it on how Halo owned up their mistakes and recall the product to show the transparency.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

My dogs just love Halo. They are appealing to them and delicious as well. They come in different flavors and they are not that expensive buy. They smell wonderful and I enjoy buying them because they are a tasty treat. I always look for them when I go to the store. I love them just the way they are and so do both of my dogs. They keep wanting more and more. I have to buy extra boxes of these since I have two dogs. So I definitely stock up on them each and every week.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I really like the overall taste, texture and appeal that Halo has for my dog. My dog seems to really like this particular dog treat and always eats it really fast. I also like the price and the design of the food. It's really easy and convenient. Halo seems pretty healthy too and it is quite affordable compared to other dog treats that are being sold on the market. I wish they end up offering more dog food per box but other than that, it meets my needs and even exceeds them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like Halo dog treats for my dog, as a reward for him being a good boy. I have purchased them before. My dog enjoys eating their healthy dog treats, they are also very healthy for his teeth. The treats smell good. My dog is very happy when he gets & eats his dog treats.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Halo is a great dog treat for any size dog. They are easy to chew and the dog can digest them easily. The texture is smooth so I have no fear of them getting caught in my dog's throat and they don't have that yucky meat smell that some dog treats have. I would highly recommend them to any dog owner. They have many great vitamins for my dog who loves them very much. Can't leave the house without giving her some. They are just the right size and I will continue to buy them for my furry friend. But I wish I could find more coupons for this product. And if Halo can add some more mixed flavors that a dog would like that would be great. Also if you could package them in bigger bags it would be better for me since she loves them so much.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Halo is an excellent snacking experience for my dogs. Halo is good enough to make you want to eat it. Texture is awe, it smells extremely tasty and my dogs love the flavor. Plus Halo is very healthy. It gives them proteins to stay healthy and active. It's good for their energy, their coats, their muscles bones and joint. It would be so awesome if companies such as Halo came up with human-type snacks that are made for dogs. A huge variety would increase interests like for instance, my dogs love chips, chips with dip, popsicles, etc.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

They are delicious, nutritious and have great quality ingredients. The first ingredient is chicken which makes me feel happy and confident about giving them to my dogs. My dogs like the taste and the smell is also pleasant. You can actually see real bits of food and it doesn't look disgusting. But they are expensive and they could be cheaper if at all possible. Also, they are hard to find and I wish they would be in Walmart or Target or at least the stores near me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My dog enjoys these treats very much and he always gets excited when he sees the bottle. They have all different kinds; vitamins, vegetarian, salmon, etc. They have different flavors and meats and different treats to keep your pet healthy. And then the prices aren't that expensive and it's comparable to other treat brands. But they aren't very easy to find and many times I buy online in which I have to pay shipping. I have to plan for if I run out in case I can't find any of the different ones I buy at the store.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The dog treats are great. They have a awesome texture and a great smell. The treats are always fresh and never stale. The best in dog treats. My dog really just loves the treats and always come running when I get a treat out. He is very happy.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I like to look at the ingredients before anything. I want to make sure my dog is getting the nutrition he needs in his diet and his health is important to me. Halo is really good. My dog loves them. They're super, super good for dogs and healthy for them as well. They are outstanding and innovative and professional and care about what they put in your dog's food and stuff like he would love them and always will.

Halo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Halo started in 1986 when a pet owner began looking for a way to improve her cat’s health and began feeding her cat, Spot, whole foods instead of the by-products contained in many pet foods. Ellen DeGeneres now partially owns the company. Halo’s headquarters are in Florida.

• Email list: Customers can sign up for Halo’s free e-newsletter. Product news, coupons and pet contest information will be sent directly to their inbox.

• #HaloFeedItForward: When consumers tweet a picture of their pet’s bowl with Halo food in it and use the hashtag #HaloFeedItForward, the company donates pet food to an animal shelter.

• Ingredients: Halo uses whole meat products for protein in their products. They do not use chicken meal, meat by-products, rice or artificial colors. The website lists all product ingredients.

• Availability: Halo products are sold in pet stores and online. Consumers can find the nearest retail location by visiting Halo’s website.

• Grain free: Halo makes several grain-free treat options. Grain-free flavors include beef, chicken and salmon.

• Best for: Halo treats are best for individuals who want to feed their dog treats with whole meat ingredients.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs