4.46/5
  • 1 star
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

13 Barkworthies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Barkworthies were awesome. My dog loved them and she's a very picky treat eater. They looked a like little chicken livers that were shrank and it didn't really have a smell. It looked weird but my dog loved them a lot. Would do anything for those treats. It's a good treat.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I would choose these wonderful, delicious, healthy, cool-looking dog treats because they have a great texture and shape that is good and attractive to the dog. I think that it has a nice, not annoying smell, and my dog loves them! My dog seemed really attracted to them. I think it was the smell. Also, my dog was always so excited to see me pull out these treats. Actually, they are a little too small for my dog but it's fine. As long as my dog enjoys them, I enjoy them. I want to buy more for my dog now!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Barkworthies is a trusted brand that I use constantly for any treats I need to buy. They're also nice and cheap to buy for me personally and provides a good product overall. I like the quality of the treats as well as how they're made with good ingredients. The texture is nice and smooth and my dog really seems to like them which is why I buy them the most. They smell fine as far as dog treats go on the market and are of a decent size for my dog. They're also easier to find than other treats in my area.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My dog seems to love Barkworthies. My dog really likes it and I think yours will too. They don't break the bank, and they're not something with a super complex way to use them. I can also find them at my regular store. It doesn't smell like crap and it's not sticky or slimy when I put it in my hands. But, maybe they could have more flavors, or possibly larger treats because my dog just gobbles them up. I would also like to see them branch out more and into other types of treats or dog foods.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My dog loves these treat taste and was willing to listen to commands. Even my cat loves these dog treats. These treats are well shaped as a bone. They are great dental care for dogs and are great to teach your dog new tricks with a great reward after being a good girl. They don't leave a greasy or crumble debris on my fingers. These dog treats are top quality for a cheap cost. However, they also could be thicker in size and have more quality in package. These dog treats are usually always broken when packaged. There could also be more flavors like chicken, beef or liver.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barkworthies?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My dogs like it and it seems to taste really good to them from what I can tell. They seem happier to eat them. They run to the snack closet whenever I ask them if they want a treat. There is nothing that I really dislike about this brand or that I would improve on. Maybe have them more available in more places and have a few different varieties than they have now. They seem more natural than other products that I have tried for my dogs. The texture is pleasant and easy to eat. It actually smells really good for a dog treat also!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My dog likes the flavor of the dog treats. They taste good and he wants them all the time every time. But I give them too much so I have to cut it out a little bit and give him a little bit. He's happy with his dog treats. They're small and not too hard for him to eat. Colorful, chewy and mouthwatering as well. My dog comes up to me and then he points to the dog treats in the bag 'cause I taught him how to do that. I buy them all the time, at least 10 bags a month and it's not bad price.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Barkworthies makes very good dog biscuits. I have not had a problem with their dog biscuits yet. My dog enjoys Barkworthies dog biscuits a lot and he is a picky eater most of the time. There are no features to Barkworthies Dog treats that I dislike. My dog enjoys eating Barkworthies treats and I will continue to purchase them for him in the future. Barkworthies Dog treats are good for my dog and they are very affordable compared to other brands of Dog treats.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Great for our puppies to nibble on and off, especially for teething, energetic pups and gives them the nourishment needed to grow strong and healthy since they are both eating and working out their teething needs. Easy to find at my local pet stores and I can usually pick them up on way home from work. But odor is annoying and there are some inconsistencies in density of each treat. Some would be softer than others but it still would last a few days before puppies finish them off. They are great once a week and they have lots in a bag too to give and keep energetic and teething puppies busy.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My dogs love these treats more than other brands, they smell just like their ingredients. They're just the right texture and size for any dog and work very well in training and rewarding them. The moment I open the package they go up to me and want one. Plus, they're super inexpensive I would improve the quantity given in each container though. My dogs loved them so the quality is great, however they could add a bit more of them into each package.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

It is a healthy snack and my dog is eager to eat it. It is easy to find in all of the grocery stores I frequent and is boldly displayed in the aisle. The texture is crunchy and the flavor is good. The smell is a pleasant aroma and my dog seems to like it very well on all occasion. It is high quality and a premium brand and I like all the ingredients in it. However, they should have more flavors, more healthy ingredients available for dogs, more sizes, more stores in which to buy this item and more displays in the stores too.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

These are perfect for my smaller pup! These are so big (smallest I could find was 4 inch, which is still a bit large) and these are a great size (there is a little bit of variety of size and shape, around 3 inches, some thicker, etc) and although there is a slight odor, not as stinky as some I have purchased. Love them, and the price I think is great! I was impressed with how many you get in a bag... I need to buy large bags but if you need just a few to last until you can buy what you really want, these are great... A lot better than some I have bought. However, the packaging is another matter. The front and back halves of the zipper are permanently joined together at the bottom, and that unit is attached to only the front of the bag; there is no way to reseal the bag. Either I need instructions for opening and closing the bag or there is a manufacturing defect at work.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The size of the treats are great for small dogs. The treats smell like real meat and my dog responds well to that. I like that they are easy to carry and they do not dry out too quickly if out of the bag. I also like the quality of the ingredients and the price is right. My dog really loves these treats and they are easy to give. I might suggest larger bags of these treats. I would like flavors to stay consistent and the ingredients to keep getting better. The price could always go lower if possible.

Barkworthies expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Barkworthies, established in 2011, is headquartered in Virginia. They make all-natural treats with limited ingredients. The company is associated with TDBBS and the BestBullySticks website, which both produce high-quality pet treats.

• Limited ingredients: Many Barkworthies’ products have only one ingredient, making it easy for pet owners to avoid ingredients that irritate their dog. A full list of included ingredients can be found on the company’s website.

• Regulated: Barkworthies manufactures all treats to meet FDA and USDA standards, and those agencies test the company’s products.

• American made: Many of the company’s products are manufactured at their facility in Richmond, Va. Consumers can browse only Made in the USA products on the Barkworthies website.

• Rawhide alternatives: Barkworthies makes many safe alternatives to rawhide. These treats are 100 percent digestible.

• Eco-friendly: Barkworthies works to use sustainable practices, including farming and sourcing their products. Their beef products come from grass-fed, free-range cattle, and their elk antlers have been naturally shed by animals in the Rocky Mountains.

• Best for: Barkworthies are best for those who want natural, limited-ingredient treats.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs