2. Pets

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.94/5

Fromm Dog Food Shop on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Fromm Dog Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fromm Dog Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fromm Dog Food?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I’ve been using Fromm dog food for over 6+ years. My dogs are my babies - so when I saw multiple reports about Fromm and heart disease/taurine issues etc. (Even though I never had any issues) I decided to switch to a slightly more expensive brand that I basically only saw positive reviews/no controversy for. I have since switched back to Fromm, and here are the reasons why:

1 - This could sound crass but ultimately their poops were very healthy looking always on Fromm - always solid but came out easily and normal color. To me that’s a good indication of body health. On the new food, it was definitely not as healthy looking (and I gave their bodies plenty of time to adjust to make sure it wasn’t their body adjusting to it).

2 - The reason I switched to Fromm early on was because of my one dog’s allergy’s that seemed to be attributed to grain. I had noticed after switching to the new dog food that the allergies slightly came back (watery eyes, biting paws, scratching). Very shortly after switching back to Fromm she seemed to go back to normal.

3 - My dogs are 7 and 8 years old - still very healthy and playful. Although I didn’t see any issues with this on the new food either, I have been giving them Fromm most of their lives so I feel that’s a good indication.

4 - Every single time I open the bag, the food itself looks almost moist (in a good way). Literally every single dog dry dog food I’ve ever tried has always been very dry when I open it (including this new brand which was more expensive). There is a noticeable freshness to Fromm food.

Conclusion: After looking again at the Fromm website, they make the point that it very well could be dog breed issues, which I think is a very valid point. A correlation does not equal causation (aka: just because a handful of dogs who take Fromm die of heart disease doesn’t mean that it’s the dog food causing it). The nutrition labels seem to indicate fairly healthy nutrition.

2 Additional notes:

- I do use an Omega-3 fatty acid supplement with their dog food called Grizzly Salmon Oil. I’ve only started using this in the past 6 months and have used Fromm well before then.

- I will likely post this review elsewhere. I know people’s dogs are very important to them and I want to provide a case study that people can look at because that’s the info I would like to know. While this isn’t a scientific review, I know I’m objective about things and that I will provide as much info as I can in reviews. The reason I decided to note this is because I have a background in marketing so I’m somewhat suspicious if I see the same review in more than one place - ultimately, you will need to decide for yourself but I think the items above are noticeable measurable reactions that I saw. I can assure you I will be using Fromm from now on.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Fromm Gold Adult dry dog food. I have been using this product for about maybe ten years. I found it at the Health food store but now purchase online. Since using this now on my second set of dogs now Labs. They are healthy. No food allergies as before with the other pups. When having regular vet visits they always say, "Look how healthy and shiny their coat of hair looks." I mix some real grilled chicken and other similar things sometimes to make it better for them.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 5, 2019

My dog has a sensitive digestive system and he does very well on this dog food. I add some healthy human food on top to make it more exciting for him. I think the ingredients are better than lower cost foods. I tried the grain free foods but he could not digest them well.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My dogs do like the flavor and have no issues with it. We tried other food but they got tired of them fast. We are very pleased with the Fromn dog food brand. I would recommend it to other dog owners.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We have a new puppy and this brand was recommended to us. It is supposed to have less fillers and more natural ingredients. It is a bit expensive and so far I see it online. I will check the local pet stores to see if it is available there.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Made in America of quality products without all the filler and other stuff you don't want your dog eating. My 13 year old dog has a bright, shiny coat of a puppy. Tried many other "top" brands, but Fromms is truly the best. I use their holistic line.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've been using Fromm Adult Small Breed dry kibble since it was time to switch from puppy food a year ago. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel LOVES this crunchy kibble! He is healthy, has lots of energy for running and playing. His long hair coat is gorgeous, shiny, and gives me so much joy just looking at him!

Original review: April 26, 2019

Great dog food! Natural ingredients, family owned company. Never any recalls, deaths, etc with their products. My dog was a picky eater until I started her on Fromm. Package at Petz Place and it's just a couple of dollars more than name brands.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Why I love it: made with high-quality protein to support the needs of my dogs, also enhanced with probiotics to aid digestion and best of all made in the USA!

Original review: April 22, 2019

We choose this brand because it is grain free and it is a small kibble. My dogs really like it. This brand offers a few protein combinations like beef frittata and duck/lamb. Keeps the dogs on a very regular potty schedule. Small stools to clean up.

Fromm Dog Food Company Information