2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Shop on Petco
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.13/5

Improving the lives of pets since 2006, Freshpet can now be found in over 1 million homes and retailed in over 20,000 stores across North America. Using the freshest ingredients from their kitchen, all Freshpet products are made from scratch using real meat and vegetables. The #1 ingredient in every meal is US raised chicken or beef and can always be found in a refrigerator in the pet food aisle because no preservatives are used in their products. Visit Freshpet today to learn more about the Freshpet community!

Freshpet Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Response time to my email was lightening fast! Must be as good of team, as product!??? Using Freshpet for our little dog Bella has been what the doctor order so to speak. Pricing isn’t too bad but a coupon here and there would help on the grocery bill. Thank you FreshPet team!!!

Freshpet response

We are so happy Bella enjoys Freshpet! We are always available to answer any questions for our pet parents. Have a great day. The Freshpet Consumer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Voiced concern because never see coupons or sales for your product. Due to the price of your product it would help to defer from the cost for people on Social Security that would still like to make sure their dogs/cats are getting the best product possible. Thank you for responding so quickly. Kathy

Freshpet response

Hi Kathleen. We are always pleased to help our pet parents with any concerns. Your loyalty to Freshpet is valued. Have a great day with your dogs. Regards, Freshpet Consumer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We have been buying and recommending Freshpet for years. Glad to see it is available in more stores close to us now. Our furry daughter Belle, loves the new chicken treats and jerky too. Love the product, and a great way to get her to eat her veggies, lol!

Freshpet response

Hi Christine! Tell Belle we are happy she is eating her veggies too! Thanks for the nice comments on our products. Have a wonderful day. The Freshpet Care Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Since switching to Fresh Pet, my picky rescue animals love mealtime and have all gained energy. Their digestive systems seem to be more stable too. My cats and dogs' fur and coats have improved in feel and appearance. I would recommend Fresh Pet for others animals like I do with my friends and family.

Freshpet response

Hi Lonnie! We appreciate your kind words. Have a super day with your rescue babies. The Freshpet Consumer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Our fur baby is considered a senior (8 years young) pitbull. The last several years she's had issues with arthritis is her joints, causing her to favor one of her limbs, sometimes she couldn't use it at all. We took her to the vet, gave her the recommended glucosamine treat supplements, grain free salmon food, etc. We were told that she'd likely have to remain on the anti-inflammatory meds prescribed. Our poor girl, once so lively and full of energy appeared to be slowly deteriorating. On a hunch, I saw Freshpet in our local store and gave it a try. SHE LOVED THE FOOD!!! Most importantly, after a month, her energy level returned, her limbs and joints weren't as tender or fragile. It's been 8 months and we have not filled her prescription. Her weight is as healthy as when she was a pup. We got our girl back!!! I HIGHLY recommend Freshpet to all my friends and anyone reading this. Bravo Freshpet! Bravo!!!

Freshpet response

Hi Emily, we really appreciate your very thoughtful comments. It is wonderful you feel Freshpet has contributed to the good health of your dog. Have a great day! Freshpet Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshpet?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Before starting Freshpet foods, my senior standard poodle was getting finicky and also had developed aspiration pneumonia (AP). She has a tumor in her neck and a tracheal issue which we think was causing problems when I fed her kibble and other dry or dehydrated types of food. She got AP 3 times in 6 months. :( AP can take the life of a dog, but she rallied back every time. Every time she lost more weight however, and muscle mass and was becoming quiet.

I read online that other owners with similar issues were feeding Fresh Pet. The logs, in particular are 'sticky' and don't break off into little small pieces that can be aspirated into the lungs. She has been on this food for months now, I feed chicken or beef and she wolfs down every meal, has put weight back on and is playing with her toys again and running in the yard!!! And NO AP in months!!! Since the switch! It costs more to feed this food but let me tell you, paying for 3 emergency visits, one in the middle of the night, to treat for AP isn't cheap either. She is happy and healthy and I'm so glad we made the switch! Thank you team Fresh Pet!!

Freshpet response

Hello Beth! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us. It is so nice to hear that your fur baby is thriving since eating our food! We wish you all the best! Angela

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I started to feed my 11 yo Maltese this food a couple of months ago, thinking it would be a healthy alternative to others. The smell was atrocious to me, but the dog seemed to like it, and I thought it was just my usual aversion to dog food smell. Last week, I took her in for a dental cleaning and they drew her labs just to make sure all was ok to have anesthesia. The vet called me shortly after drop off with news that her liver enzymes were off-the-charts bad. They recommended an ultrasound. Their ultrasound, and also one that I got from a second opinion, showed a bad/sludgy gall bladder.

The first vet recommended a "difficult' surgery to remove the gall bladder asap (hence the second opinion). The second vet also did a culture of the gall bladder fluid just to see before we proceeded with such a huge surgery. The fluid came back with E. coli and salmonella!!! He said it could have certainly come from food, and I am highly suspicious that this is what happened when we tried this food. Never again! Please be careful and watch your pet for G/I symptoms and have them checked if you are worried. I cannot even imagine the pain and suffering to her if we would have put her through that probably unnecessary surgery. AND, it has cost me $1800.00 this week to find out the problem. :( With further ultrasounds and labs to hopefully confirm her recovery, I am sure we will double that.

Freshpet response

Hello Cher, sorry to hear about your experience. Let me assure you our Freshpet recipes are processed at temperatures to destroy Salmonella and other pathogens. All of our meals undergo significant product quality and food safety tests prior to leaving our Kitchens. Please call our Consumer Care Line @ 1-866-789-3737, Monday through Friday 9:00am-4:30pm EST so that we can connect you with a member of our Veterinary Staff regarding your experience. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Toby loves this dog food, we tried many kinds of dog food. They all gave him gas,, this is the only dog food that doesn't. He goes crazy when it's dinner time and he gets his dog food. Will be buying him this dog food for good,, Toby says two paws up.

Freshpet response

Hi Missy, Thank you for sharing your story with us. We are so happy to hear that our food is helping Toby in such a positive way. We wish you all the best.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Very helpful and response was really a good time. I enjoy Fresh Pet so much for my pet. We have been using fresh pet for our fur baby for some time now and we cannot thank you enough. I know that there have been so many we have tried but really know this is the one for her.

Freshpet response

And we can't thank YOU enough for your support, Marie! We're so thankful you're part of the Freshpet family.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Dog food wet. Saw the advertisements on tv, since my dog is older & seemed to need something more I liked the idea of it being more like people in good. She loves it, more energy, no snoring and seems to feel better, even family noticed the difference. Would highly recommend, have 2 friends who have started using it. Thank you Freshpet.

Freshpet response

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Freshpet story with us, Marie! We're so happy to hear that your dog is loving our food. And thank you so much for your support! Wishing you all the best.

Freshpet Company Information