2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

Improving the lives of pets since 2006, Freshpet can now be found in over 1 million homes and retailed in over 20,000 stores across North America. Using the freshest ingredients from their kitchen, all Freshpet products are made from scratch using real meat and vegetables. The #1 ingredient in every meal is US raised chicken or beef and can always be found in a refrigerator in the pet food aisle because no preservatives are used in their products. Visit Freshpet today to learn more about the Freshpet community!

Freshpet Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I used to get another brand of food for my dog a friend of mine told me about your product and how her pet loves it so I went and purchased it. Here we are almost a year later and my dog absolutely loves it.. He doesn't get an upset stomach anymore, no more vomiting, he's more active. Thank you so very much for making such a wonderful product.

Freshpet response

Hi Joanne! We appreciate the love. We are so happy your dog is doing well using Freshpet. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

On a whim I decided to purchase Freshpet for my two dogs. They are several years apart in age and I was trying to find something for both so I didn’t have to have two different foods. I must say they absolutely love the beef and chicken rolls! Thanks so much for a great product!!!

Freshpet response

We are very happy Ginger to hear your dogs enjoy our Freshpet Select rolls. Have a super day!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Thank you I just wanna start off by saying thank you. My puppy Freddie was very sick from the day we got him. From worms to allergies and an infection he has had to be on every medicine I can think of for dogs. This made it very hard to feed Freddie. He didn’t like dry food because of allergies or wet food because it upset his stomach. The doctor recommended a bland diet which I had to cook for a period of time. This diet was the only thing he would eat a little of. Until FreshPet!!!. He now eats three times a day and is thriving. We owe so much to you. Thank you.

Lacey

Freshpet response

Thank you for sharing Freddie's Freshpet story with us, Lacey! We're so happy to hear that he is thriving on our food. Wishing you and your four-pawed crew all the best!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Best dog food on the market! Natural and healthy too. My dog and I are in LOVE with Freshpet! Absolutely love the high quality of the food and I finally found food that does not cause stomach upset in my fur baby! Highly recommend Freshpet for all of your fur babies!

Freshpet response

Thanks for the nice words Erin. Hearing your fur baby no longer has tummy upsets is very rewarding. Have a super day!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Moved my Boxer/Pit Mix and my Boston Terrier over to Freshpet Kitchen Home Cooked Chicken Recipe for Dogs. Followed per feeding instructions, they both lost weight and muscle for two active athletic dogs that did not required weight reduction. I went on to incorporate Honest Kitchen in with the diet along with MCI oil. This worked for my Boston Terrier but not for my Boxer/Pit Mix, he looks emaciated and all his blood work checks out fine. I did try the Grain Free Tender Chicken, however I had to throw it out. The three bags I bought once open released water from the food and became dog food floating in water. Very strange. I have also tried the Tender Rolls to more weight loss. It appears that the formal may not be the right answer for strong musclier athletic breeds. My dogs have never become sick off of the food however I do believe it is not for all dogs.

Freshpet response

Hi Tina, Thank you for your review. Please call our Consumer Care Line so we can obtain additional information regarding your experience. 1-866-789-3737 9-4:30 EST Mon-Fri

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshpet?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

There isn’t anything better than knowing your pets are getting the right nutrition in the meals they love to eat. What I love about Freshpet is that it is so convenient and stores in the fridge well. I also love to scramble up some eggs mixed with Freshpet on the stove for a warm meal in the winter months. My Chihuahuas love it! It’s so versatile and easy to add healthy choices that smell and taste good to your pets' everyday lives.

Freshpet response

Thanks Jenna for the lovely words on Freshpet. It is so nice to hear your Chihuahuas enjoy our food! Have a super day with your dogs. Regards, The Freshpet Care Team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We adopted Rocky at 3 months of age. This little Chihuahua stole our heart after losing our last pet. In all my years of being a pet owner I've never had such a picky eater. From the start he wasn't enjoying the foods we offered him. After trying various brands high quality foods of dry and even soft, I thought I give Freshpet a try. Wow what a difference it has made in his life. He totally enjoys meal time. Thank you Freshpet.

Freshpet response

Thanks for sharing your Freshpet story with us, Denise. We're so happy to hear that your picky eater is loving our recipes! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide fresh, healthy food for Rocky.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My pup is a 16 month old CHI-PIN (Chihuahua and Mini pin). I got her at three weeks and bottle fed her. She is spoiled and a very picky eater. So I found Freshpet and decided to try it. She loved it. And I had no problem getting her to eat. However, once on the food, I noticed she started having episodes of shaking, ticks, tremors, stiffness, and whining. I took her to the vet with videos of the episodes. She had 6 in a week. It was confirmed to be some sort of rare seizures that usually health problems wouldn’t cause: Since then, I threw the last roll away and changed foods. She hasn’t had a seizing episode since. After reading other reviews and comparing dates, maybe there were a few bad batches made. I’m not sure. But it isn’t worth my baby's health!

Freshpet response

Hi Kayla, We are sorry to learn of your dog's experience. Please call our Consumer Care Line @ 1-866-789-3737, Monday through Friday 9:00am-4:30pm EST so that we can connect you with a member of our Veterinary Staff so that we can learn more about what your dog experienced. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am Prince's human and when he became sick I worried. He was diagnosed with pancreatic illness and ibs. I tried everything Freshpet saved my fur baby's life. Not one sick day in 4 months!! I was taking him to the vet multiple times a month. Poor guy was soo sick. Freshpet made him a puppy again. Do not discount the tube of magic!!

Freshpet response

Hey Heather! Thank you for sharing Prince's success story! All the best in the New Year! Angela

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We left our dog with an accredited Rover sitter for 6 days. Our Wheaten terrier began vomiting violently beginning the night we picked her up. When questioned, we were told that our dog was not fed her own food as we had asked but was fed the same Freshpet food as her dog eats. We took her to the vet on the morning of her 2nd day of vomiting bile and mucous, completely dehydrated. She had to be put on an IV. Our dog has never been this sick in all of her 12 years and we just pray she does not have any permanent damage....or die from this. Looks like a lot of dogs are getting very sick from this food from the review.

Hi Laura,

We regret that your dog had this experience. So that we can further assist you, would it be possible for you contact us with some information (Freshpet variety, Sell By Date) from the recipe your dogsitter fed your pet? Also, we would like to connect you with a member of our Veterinary Staff so that we can learn more about what your dog experienced. Please call us any time at 1-866-789-3737, Monday through Friday 9:00am-4:30pm (EST). Thank you.

Tara