2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

4.3/5 (84 ratings)

About Freshpet

Freshpet is an all-natural fresh pet food company that uses whole ingredients and no preservatives. With special diet options and real meat ingredients like poultry and beef, Freshpet prioritizes the quality and freshness of your pet’s food.

Pros

• Multiple pet food products
  • Appetizing recipes
  • Fresh, natural ingredients
  • Ethical protein sources available

Cons

• Short shelf life
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Freshpet offers high-quality refrigerated pet food with an emphasis on freshness and natural ingredients. While pricey, Freshpet is a great option for people looking to feed their pets a fresh diet.

Freshpet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshpet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshpet?

Original review: April 8, 2021

I contacted customer care to inquire if they ever offered promotions or coupons on certain sites and they wrote me back stating that they would mail me some coupons! How nice is that!! This year has been So Hard and I love my little guys more than anything and they now love Fresh Pet food.. I am still unemployed and hopefully going back to work soon so them taking the time to mail me coupons means the world to me. :) Sammy and Joey thank you and I thank you too!! ❤️

Freshpet response

Thank you Carmella for sharing your wonderful Freshpet story with us. We're so happy to hear that mealtime is now so enjoyable for Sammy and Joey. Regards, Genevieve- Consumer Care Team

Original review: April 8, 2021

Great product, my dog has diabetes and works well with her. I would really appreciate coupons to help out with the price. I can trust your food with my dog. Your employees have been nice to me on the phone. I would truly appreciate it if you could keep sending me coupons due to my low household income. Thanks again, sincerely Fred **.

Freshpet response

Hi Fred. Thanks so much for providing your wonderful feedback. We do not have a coupon program but be sure to sign up for our newsletter at Freshpet.com to be kept up to date on special offers and giveaways. Have a lovely day with your pup! Regards, Genevieve- Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 30, 2021

I have been purchasing FreshPet for our 4 year old dog and when we first began he had lost interest in eating his regular dry food so I had always wanted to try this and it came to our nearby grocery store so I did, I purchased the tender chicken roll and he loved it and would eat his food right away when we fed him. The grocery store ran out of the roll so I purchased the bag and noticed afterwards that he had no interest in eating his food which we would mix with his dry food. He threw up a couple of times and was listless.

Figuring that it was the FreshPet, we threw out the bag of food and then bought the rolls which he was fine with and now the same thing has happened, we bought the bag of tender chicken because our grocery store had run out of the usual rolls that we buy and he has eaten it for a few days and then one day he stopped eating. He would go to his food bowl and smell it and turn away. He threw up a couple of times and is not very energetic. I told my son to pick out the FreshPet out of his food bowl and see if he'll eat and as soon as my son put the bowl down, our dog ate after not having any food all day.

This morning we fed him without the FreshPet and sure enough he ate. The expiration date is in July of 2021 in case you're wondering. When I bought this bag the grocery store only had the large bags which were $19.99 and now I have to throw it out with half the bag full. If you are going to make dog food, please, please be sure to put only the best fresh ingredients.

Freshpet response

Hello Andrea. We're very sorry you had this experience and would like to do what we can to make things right. This is certainly not what you should expect from Freshpet. We will be reaching out to you directly for additional information. Regards, Genevieve-Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 27, 2021

I found my answer why this is happening in your FAQ. My 4 pets love your Freshpet foods and it is really scary when I can't find it in the stores as they will not eat anything else. I really love the convenience of your foods also.

Freshpet response

Hi Sandra. Thank you so much for providing your wonderful feedback to us. We really value our Freshpet family, so we're always here to help in any way we can. Regards, Genevieve, Consumer Care Team ????

Original review: March 26, 2021

I love this and it has been such a life saver for my 16 year old Yorkie who has lost all his teeth and was such a picky eater but eats this and even stands and waits for it...I am so grateful I have found this and don't know how much longer my fur baby would have lived without teeth and being able to chew. What a great product. I am forever grateful.

Freshpet response

Hi Leisa! Knowing that our food has made such a positive impact for your pup just made our day! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Genevieve, Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 24, 2021

I submitted a question about coupons and received a quick response and was informed that coupons are on the way!! I can’t wait for my pets to try out the Freshpet products! We are so beyond excited! Thanks for everything, you guys rock!!

Freshpet response

Hi Shelley! We are happy your furbabies want to try Freshpet. Please let us know how they enjoyed our products. Have a nice day. Regards, Genevieve, Freshpet Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 22, 2021

My dogs 3 Yorkshire terriers depend on the Fresh pet. Sometimes I have to go miles and miles to get a fresh pet. I usually get the big chicken and turkey rolls. Now their favorite is Spinach and potato. My little guy has a shunted liver and Fresh Pet dog food saved his life. He's only 3 pounds but he's the boss and he let us know when he wants his fresh pet.

Freshpet response

Thank you Jeff for the wonderful words! We are so pleased your pups enjoy Freshpet and your little guy is doing so well! Have a super day. Regards, Genevieve - Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 22, 2021

I just want to say thank you for excellent customer service! My pups love the Fresh Pet line of products and I love giving them a fresh product for these meals and also I give my pups a treat, they absolutely love it.

Freshpet response

Hello Christina. Thank you so much for providing your wonderful feedback to us. We really appreciate the love!! Regards, Genevieve- Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 17, 2021

Thank you for sending me some coupons for your products. It really helps my budget to use opportunities to save money. I asked & you gave. Can't be simpler than that. I often don't have success at receiving coupons when requested from other companies so I really appreciate your prompt response.

Freshpet response

We really value our Freshpet family and appreciate your feedback. We hope you have a great rest of your day! ???? Regards, Genevieve- Consumer Care Team

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have two dogs and both are picky eaters with allergies. After much research, I tried this food and both dogs LOVE it! I also like that I can purchase it at my local grocery store. Can't wait to receive my coupons so my dogs can try a few other products. Thank you so much!!

Freshpet response

Hello Nicole. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Hearing about your sweet pups really made our day. We are SO thankful that you all are part of the Freshpet family. Regards, Genevieve- Consumer Care Team

Freshpet Company Information