Alpo Dog Food
1.30/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Alpo Dog Food

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Alpo Dog Food Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought a bag of Alpo dry dog food my dog ate his second bowl last night and is now lethargic vomiting and having diarrhea leaking out everywhere. He still drinking water though thank God. I'm going to feed him boiled chicken and white rice later and if he isn't better tomorrow I'll take him to the vet. After reading all these reviews I'm left wondering how they are getting away with this.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Our dog has been eating Alpo Prime Cuts & she developed horrible itching all over her body. She sat & scratched all day & night. When I switched her to a hamburger that I cooked & applied Burt's Bees for dogs spray for itching, she began to improve. I also used Bath & Body Eucalyptus Spearmint lotion on her. She is feeling better now. I would not use Alpo again - read the ingredients, they are terrible!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

My 3 and a half month old pug eats Science Diet but I wanted to start training him with treats. I picked up a box of the Alpo small bites and within hours Patrick is sick with diarrhea. I am going to put him on boiled chicken and rice diet and see if it helps. He has a vet appt on Monday. STAY AWAY FROM ALPO!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

My female bully is 2 half months old, usually very hyper and full of love but after eating a lil Alpo she now vomiting foam and has diarrhea. She lost a lot of weight. Would like answer after reading all these reviews.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I bought my pitbull the 31 pound bag of Alpo Prime Cuts last night around 5pm. I fed him a bowl before bed and fed him again this afternoon around 1pm. By 6pm he was vomiting and foaming at the mouth. By 7pm he was seizing and he passed away at 7:45pm. I will never use this dog food again and by some of the reviews others won't either. This dog food killed my dog!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alpo Pet Foods?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Vomiting stomach pain lethargy by my black lab after eating 1/4. I have had to put my lab on chicken and rice feedings. If she continues to be ill Monday I will need to take her to a vet. I gave 3 cans of Alpo left which I will not use. Any brand of Alpo is restricted from my house.

Original review: June 26, 2019

There is mold inside of the canned Chop House dog food made by Alpo. Our dogs have been ill with a cough that causes them both to regurgitate a foaming substance for a few months. Although they never visited a kennel it is similar to kennel cough although all antibiotics used to treat kennel cough have not been effective. Today I opened a can of Alpo Chop House food only to find a large amount of black furry mold inside. I will be pursuing a claim as my pets have suffered immensely due to the lack of quality provided by Purina with their Alpo Chop House brand. We are now starting a chicken and rice feeding plan in hopes that our dogs health will improve. I suggest no one purchases Chop House for their pets as it is toxic. I will enclose a photo of the mold. Purina acknowledged the mold and we are currently pursuing reimbursement for the veterinary bills paid to treat our dogs as well as sending the can in for analysis.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I needed to cover my dog's allergy pills up so she would take them and I thought the gravy from prime cut canned dog food would help. Thursday I gave her a half can then Friday morning another half and Friday night dinner another half. Then she peed twice in the house which she never does. By Saturday she would not eat or hardly get up by 11:30 we were at the vets. She was really dehydrated and by Sunday she could hardly walk and she was admitted to the vet hospital and by Sunday she was not hardly breathing and then Monday we said goodbye to her!! I am broken and hurt!!! and l know beyond a shadow of doubt... that Alpo prime cuts... canned dog food killed my baby!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have 4 dogs, a female American Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull mix, a female Mountain Feist, now 11 years old, a male Toy Poodle, and a male blonde Chihuahua and they all like this food. I tried changing them to Walmart's Ol' Roy brand once when Walmart was out of stock on Alpo Come & Get It! and every one of them got diarrhea from eating the Ol' Roy brand. I used to buy Ol' Roy when it was multi-colored like the Alpo is, but Walmart changed the food to the kind with all medium-brown colored food without telling anyone and it tore their stomachs up! I avoid the solid medium-brown colored dry dog food like the plague!

They never have any issued eating the multi-colored dry food like Alpo Come & Get It! brand so I'm sticking with it. Also, all 4 of my dogs are as healthy as a horse with nice shiny coats and lots of energy. I would highly recommend it to anyone who feeds dry dog food to their dogs and for the price you can't beat the very reasonable price. I pay only $7.64 + tax for a 14 lb bag and can get a 41 lb bag for only $18.98 + tax. You can't beat the price or the value!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Alpo one of the 1st ever dog foods created. Proven trust for the dog owner. If you want reliability go with a company that has been around since the creation of dog. Because before the 1940s there was no such thing as dog food.

Alpo Dog Food Company Information