Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Woman Within Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

On 9/10/2019 I ordered two blouses from Woman Within which they shipped on 9/11/19. I received my order well over a week later and discovered an obviously defective item within the package. On 10/2/19 I returned the defective item using their return label and requested an exchange using their form. Before the end of October I called to check on the status of my return/exchange and was told there WAS confirmation they had received my return, but to wait a couple of weeks for complete processing.

I have contacted them dozens of times via phone and e-mail and continue to hit brick walls. They contradicted what I was told in October, claiming they never received the package. Then they said there was evidence that the return label had been used, but they never received the package. Then I was told there was no evidence the return label had been used, they hadn't received a return package from me, and they then refused to refund because I had exceeded their 60-day return time limit. I have reiterated countless times that I returned an obviously defective item they sent me and that I used their pre-printed form and label to do so, as well as that I was told by one of their employees (within 30 days of my having placed the order) that it had been received and that a second employee confirmed the label had been used.

They continue to refute my claims and refuse to help me, citing their return time limit having passed. As a result of their recalcitrance, I am being forced to pay for an item of clothing that was obviously defective and returned. They continue to attempt to misdirect me by telling me to check with this, that and the other shipper about my return. None of the other three companies they use to process shipping can confirm anything having been sent by Woman Within or returned by me. This company is contradictory, uncooperative and practices dishonest business.

Woman Within response

Hello RJ, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for this poor experience you had and I'd like to further look into this. I've sent you a message requesting some additional info.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

It appears that the pricing with 40% off is not a sale price, but is their standard price. Their denim shorts, for instance are listed at an original price of $34.99, which is high, but the "sale" price is advertised at 40% off, $20.99. I've purchased durable, heavy denim capris for doing yard work at K-Mart for $8.98. I won't buy shoes from Woman Within again because the fabric shoes have been so stiff and unyielding that I get blisters. Some shoes I've worn only once and then donated them to a thrift store.

I am rarely able to get shipping information through FedEx. They often advertise items that are out-of-stock for most sizes and colors. I've cancelled orders and started over because of confusion over discount codes and shipping codes. They send out catalogs too frequently, with discount and shipping codes that end relatively quickly. The same items in their catalog and online are sometimes listed differently and pricing is applied differently, which has resulted in calls to customer service to cancel orders. I've only had to deal with customer service a couple of times, but agree that it was a frustrating experience. I am unlikely to purchase from Woman Within again.

Woman Within response

Hello Sandra, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Analyst with Woman Within. We appreciate you expressing your concerns. Your feedback is valuable in allowing us to look into our areas of opportunity.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Hello, There are so many things wrong with Woman Within. The first, I get the catalogs, want to place a order within a day of getting it, 6 items out of the 7 I want to order are out of stock, & it is not just me, I have friends with the same problem. It is also every time I get a new catalog. Also the chat box keeps coming up on the website. It will not go away. It is a gray block that takes up 1/2 the page on my laptop. I contacted Woman Within. They said I need to clean out the cookies, I did so but it did not help. So I can not order online now. I have the best computer tech work on my computer, he said that it is Woman Within. Something about information. So I do not know what is going on with them. I have friends that are having the same problem with this also, It is not just me. So how can you buy anything from them if their items are always out of stock & you can not see the web site when 1/2 screen is blocked out from the chat box????

Woman Within response

Hi Donna, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. We appreciate your concerns, and I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I purchased two long sleeve shaker cardigan sweaters for my Mother, the colors were too bold for her. So I called customer service immediately after receiving them. I had to speak with numerous representatives, each one ruder than the last and was "conveniently" disconnected several times. I wasn't asking for a refund just an exchange. After having to call several times over a two week period, I was told they would do the exchange minus the shipping on the refund which I would have to pay for again. I reluctantly did so under duress just to get my Mother the two sweaters.

I received the two sweaters 18 days later. I was appalled with the condition they were in. Both sweaters had ink on them in numerous places & the Tan one was terribly frayed and unwearable. The shoulders weren't even stitched on to the sleeve. I called immediately again and was told once AGAIN by several reps. there was nothing they could do to rectify the situation. I have at this point spend or $150.00 on two sweaters!! This is the most disreputable, disrespectful, rude and nasty people and company I have EVER had the misfortune to deal with. Save yourself time and money and NEVER purchase from this or any other company they are affiliated with. I will be notifying the BBB and Consumer Affairs also letting everyone I know about this and to NOT purchase from you or any of your affiliates.

Woman Within response

Hello C, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the poor experience you had and would like to help. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

From today, I will no longer be ordering from Woman Within. After having many (what I thought were) EXCHANGES go wrong, I'm fed up with their lack of GOOD business practices, and failure of their buyers to CHECK what they are selling. Several times over the past year, I have ordered, found the sizes to be too small and NOT as their size chart shows, and have had to return for exchange. Problem is... I rarely get an exchange that doesn't end in a cancel. EVEN when I check their site and verify the exchange is available. I keep expecting the merchandise is on the way... because they DO NOT ADVISE you if they are out of product.

The sizing is way off in some instances. I order brands like Comfort Vue, that I already own and know fit, but as in the case of the last two pairs I ordered, the size was way off and two sizes smaller than Comfort Vues I ordered last year that fit fine. Add to this the fact that they will bill you back shipping on items they cannot provide an exchange for... That's a bait and switch to keep something for nothing. They get something (shipping fees) and I get nothing... No thanks. NEVER do they advise me I will not get the exchange.. They just cancel the order with no word at all. I have also had to email and ask why I was charged MORE on sale items and exchanges. This company is way too much trouble.

Woman Within response

Hi Terry, my name is Corinne; with Woman Within. I would like to thank you for expressing your concerns regarding our exchange policies. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

They are scam and scum. They will kick you out of their system and not send reset links. Sell you information and mess your credit score up with adding different companies to your credit. Do not use this company or King Size. They are a c

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased two flannel shirts online. I used the company's fit tool to help determine size. When the shirts arrived, about 10 days later, the fit was not just off but terrible. The sleeves were too long and the shorts were too tight in the biceps and across the hips. I thought I'd exchange them for a size up and see. The company does not do direct exchanges for fit. They will refund and reorder the new product. I had purchased online and the deal had changed and also the discount code I used to order was no longer valid.

I gave up and went to return the shirts for a refund only find that for a refund I was charged nearly ten dollars for shipping. I already paid shipping on the order when I bought the shirts. When you cannot even complete a direct exchange for the same product in a different size there is a real problem with the business model. Completely ignoring the fact that their fit assistance online does not work, this is terrible service and ill fitting product.

Woman Within response

Hi Lisa, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Exchanges should be placed either by phone or by mail with your return. Either way, the same discounted price is honored if exchanging the same item for a different size. Please feel free to call our Customer Service Team for further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

DO NOT ORDER FROM "Woman Within" UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO SEND ANY RETURNS BACK THE **SAME DAY**!! I ordered on Nov 10, 2019 did not get my package until after Thanksgiving (took 3 weeks to get my package). THEY said it was delivered on 11/18 - no, it was AFTER Thanksgiving-in fact, I did not get the first package until Tuesday DEC 3. So, thought as long as I returned anything within the month of JANUARY, I would be within the 60 days. However, what they DO NOT make clear is that the 60 Days STARTS on the day you ORDER. So much to my amazement I got a big bundle today of the garments I had sent in for refund on January 23rd!

My call to their Customer Service department gave me no satisfaction - they just kept saying "60 days from date of order" like a broken record. The clothes are really nice -- well-made and stylish, but now I'm stuck with about $150.00 worth of clothing that does not fit! This is no way to run a mail order business. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me properly, and thought I'd found a company I could rely on for years. But, for the $150.00 they got out of me for clothes that did not fit, they will lose $$THOUSANDS because I will NEVER order from them again!

Woman Within response

Hi Mary, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding our return policy and I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

You guys are.. I am not going to say what I wish I could say but I will tell you this I am so done shopping with Woman Within. You advertise these awesome sales but then you just hike up the price by $20 and put it on sale for 20 less and call it a sale. I watch certain dresses because this is the only place I have ever been able find styles I really like and good quality. I have been from you for many many years.

Today I went to the clearance and found a dress I love in several different colors. It was 16.98 in size medium but when it went into the shopping bag it showed 27.98 for each dress. This is not the first time it is happened. It is total false advertising and a rip off.. I will never do business with you again... I will make sure everyone I know hears about your practices.

Woman Within response

Hi Monika, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. We are constantly offering different sales and promotions. For some sales, a discount is taken off of item original prices, while other sales offer a further discount on intermediate markdown prices. This is why you may see some fluctuation in pricing. However, an item price should not change when added to the shopping bag. We encourage you to contact us via phone or chat should you come across that again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I have been a customer for years and have never had any issues before. I purchased items on 11/7 and didn't receive them till 2 weeks later and when I returned then it took 2 weeks to get to them and then another 2 weeks to process them and then another 2 weeks to return them to me so it was after that I could no longer return it.. Just lost a customer.

Woman Within response

Hi Addison, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Analyst with Woman Within. I apologize for any confusion, the return timeframe is based on when an item ships out to you. If you returned items for an exchange, and wish to return the exchanged items, you have 60 days to return from the exchange ship date - not from the date of the first original order. If you need any further clarification, please let me know.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Woman Within Company Information