1.46/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

193 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

Woman Within offers through their catalog clothing that is higher priced than what is on their website because allegedly one rep told me over the phone the catalog is geared to "older women" that do not know how to use the internet. Mind you it's the SAME merchandise! Isn't that illegal? I have items in my card, went to pay with THEIR credit card and was told there are problems with the website. The young woman took my order over the phone, and since then I have received no confirmation of the order nor a tracking number. This site is a scam! When I get my bill from these morons, I won't pay it. See what they do then. Put this business OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I tried to place numerous orders to redeem my coupon for 50.00 off 100.00. Every time I would add items to my cart I would try to check out and I would receive an error message. My cart would be completely empty when everything would come back. The coupon expired and they would not honor it even with technical issues on their side. All I got was repeated apologizes.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2018

If I could I would give them no stars! I have been shopping with them for several years because I require large clothing. Their sizes are not consistent so I’ve had to do a LOT of returns/exchanges and they keep so much money for a return then you may also have to pay to ship the return as well which is sooooo wrong. I bought a $59.96 pair of shoes, they already deducted $6.00 prior then I had to pay $24.90 to send them back so my refund was $29.06. On a $60 pair of SHOES! If you actually get to customer service all they do is apologize and repeat that that’s their policy, every time I call??? They will rob you. There are other plus size clothing stores, please use ANYONE ELSE so they don’t rob you like they have me!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Every year the quality of the product has gone downhill and this year is too far. We will no longer be ordering from this company. The fabric is cheap, the cut is poor, and the pricing is deceptive. The last products have gone to Goodwill because it’s cheaper than returning them. GOODBYE!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

The company has beautiful clothes and I order from them quite a bit. However, their customer service department stinks. I have had issues with reward certificates and a glitch in their system. Apparently, if you have a reward certificate in your cart and you go back into your account, it marks your certificate as being redeemed and there isn't anything you can do about it. They don't listen to you when you tell them there is no order and nothing was redeemed. I am promised each and every time they will fix it.

Apparently, the last time, the agent lied to me. She promised me that support said they would issue me a $10 e-gift card to my email within 24 hours. After a week, I contacted customer service again. This person said they had no authority to do that. I am beyond frustrated with their customer service. It is completely unacceptable. They just keep passing me around with different answers but nothing is ever solved or taken care of. I am becoming an extremely unsatisfied customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had ordered a pair of jeans which after one wearing started to separate at the waistband showing shoddy workmanship. I contacted Woman Within thru their website and expected to get my money refunded minus the cost of returning the item as their policy stated. Instead I got an email from Customer Service saying I'd only be getting 20% of my money back. I emailed again quoting their policy verbatim and asking why I wasn't getting the entire amount. Then another CS rep emailed to apologize and say that I would get the whole amount once they received the item. They notified me when the return arrived and said it would be 4-5 business days before my refund would show up on my credit card.

After that 4-5 days had passed, I received an identical email with a different date but restating the same info. After another 4-5 days, I finally got my money refunded. I've never dealt with a company that didn't seem to know their own return policy nor one that takes 10 business days to refund my money and then only after I reminded them what their policy is. I certainly won't be dealing with Woman Within again.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been a customer for about 5 years. I have never had anything not fit. Everything comes in the right size, color, etc. Always comes on time. Certificates are terrific! I had no problems with them. They do what they say they can.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I ordered booties, snow boots and two robes in late Dec of 2017. When I received them booties looked cheap like you would buy in discount store, everything else looked ok. I called them right after xmas for return label for booties. After numerous calls received one. Sent back April of 2018. The snow boots I wore they had leak so called for return label. Still waiting. They went garbage. Washed two robes. They pilled up. Don't dry 90% of my clothes. When they dried they were misshapen. Everything is cheaply made from them. To top it off I'm getting a merchandise credit as it's over three months since order. It took 23 days to return booties. Ladies this is how they get over. It's not customer's fault if women don't know their job. We just got penalized so the 18$ credit will never be used. They are a rip off. Hope someone is helped by this review.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I've been a Woman Within customer for 3 years. I have spent several hundred dollars with this company over the years. I've had products not fit before, but never bothered to go through the return process. Recently, they discontinued the jeans that I wear-- so began the process of attempting to try to find a jean that fit. I tried 5 different pairs. 3 I kept and gave away-- 2 I returned. It takes a few weeks for a credit to be issued.

When I finally got my last refund they refunded the wrong pair. I called and they were very accommodating. They helped me process the exchange and said they were going to charge my account the amount I was refunded to bring the previous refund balance to 0 and then they were going to refund the correct amount and charge for the exchange of a different (cheaper) product. That was yesterday. I logged into my bank account to see that everything looked right except they had charged me again for the pair of jeans that didn't fit.

After 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Service they explained that the customer service representative yesterday had reordered the pair of jeans I had returned... and no one could tell me why. It didn't make any sense. Why would I return jeans and place an exchange only to reorder them again? I told them that this was not my mistake. They agreed, but the best they could do was cover shipping on the return and hold my $30 hostage for a month. I didn't authorize the $30 purchase to begin with. Unfortunately, not very many jeans fit me so I'm stuck buying jeans from this company until I find another store. I won't be buying any other clothes from them. That's for sure though. Just know that exchanges with this company can be difficult and they will make unauthorized purchase on your behalf.

Original review: April 10, 2018

They hold our fund for as long as possible --- it doesn’t take three weeks to process refunds. (Most companies issue a refund as soon as they get a notification of the item being returned) --- When I called to find out why they haven’t issued the credit I was left on hold twice and then hung up on. Not to mention their product was mislabeled and was 5 inches too short - selling petite items without telling the shopper.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was traveling and tried to pay my account while on the road. I tried numerous times online and resorted to calling. I was on hold for more than 10 minutes each time and then it just hung up on me. I then got a past due notice for two months (while I was traveling and couldn't get through). Not only did I get a hefty late payment fee, but I was reported to the credit bureau for a past due payment. I called and once again and was told they would not report my payment except once a month. This is showing up on my credit report and I am furious. I once again this morning tried to get into the website for this company to see when the statement was issued for this month to make sure they reported a zero balance. Once again, I couldn't get in except for ordering on the catalog site to SPEND MONEY.

Finally, I reached a customer care person and closed the credit card with them and was told I had to write a letter to have them remove the remark on my credit status and it could take up to 90 days. She saw where there were numerous remarks where I have talked to them about this. Of course, they report monthly, but it will take up to 90 days to get this off??? I'm so over them. DO NOT get their credit card or if you do, see the fine print at the bottom of their website about having to register again to pay online (which I found out after the fact). IF I EVER ORDER ANYTHING, I will use my personal card and be able to pay as I go.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been a customer with this company for several years now. I began ordering my plus size clothes from them after Fashion Bug went out of business. They are a very respectable company and are easy to deal with. They do tell you clearly on their invoices how to exchange or return and that there is a $7.50 processing fee for returns, unless you are exchanging. They are easy to contact via telephone. I have found that their clothing is very good quality. I highly recommend this company!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I am tired of receiving the Woman Within Catalog showing one price and then going to the website and finding they have raised the price considerably. They had sent a card out promoting a 50% sale on March 20 & 21. I made my selections in the catalogue, went to the website on March 19, the day before the promotion, put my selections on my wishlist. On March 20, I went on to finalize my purchase only to find my wishlist was gone and prices had been raised considerably. Shame on you Woman Within! This is not the first time this has happened... And I am tired of this unethical business practice.

Original review: March 19, 2018

VERY BAD COMPANY. Unfortunately I opened their cc and I am unable to close it although I paid off the couple small purchases I made. They have added on extra fees totaling close to $200 and continue to do so AFTER I CLOSED THE ACCOUNT. Impossible to get hold of anyone competent to solve the problem. I purchased 2 tshirts for $14 and I can't get them to close my account. INSANELY DANGEROUS COMPANY. THE WORST.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Do not order clothing from this company. You will be walking around in rags before your clothing will ever get shipped to you. I ordered 4 pairs of pants for work back in the beginning of February. They were out of stock. They claimed the pants would be shipped March 16. I went to the online chat. The representative that I was chatting with assured me that the pants were going to be shipped on that date. I went online today check the status of the order. They changed the shipping date to April 3. I get another representative telling me about their depleting stock issues. It should not take from February to April to buy 4 pairs of slacks. Woman Within has lost my business. My advice if you would like to buy clothing and get it within a week do not use this company. They will upset and frustrate you. You can do much better. I canceled the order.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have purchased items from Woman Within for a number of years, but as of today I'm canceling my account. They often advertise coupon codes for discounts on purchases but they now have so many restrictions for use of the code that in the end the coupon can't be used! Many other complaints are about their return policy which is also terrible because they charge you to return merchandise unless it's an even exchange. Very poor business practice. To make matters worse, if you use their credit card and the balance is less than $100, they charge an additional $2 just for maintaining a low balance! Woman Within has lost my business!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I recently ordered an item from Woman Within. I didn't read the return policy because when a company says free returns and exchanges I expect that. The item did not fit so I used their return label to return it for an exchange. After six weeks of not hearing from them I contacted them only to learn that the free exchange was not available because I had used PayPal. The total bill which I had paid was $21.95. After researching my credit card I found that they had refunded $8.49 a week after I returned the item. There was no correspondence about the refund. They said I could call and reorder the item and charge it to my credit card if I wanted it. In summary, it cost me $13.00 to try an item which did not fit. I explained to them that I would no longer order from them and to please take my name off their contact list. Since then I have received an average of two emails a day.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I wish I could have chosen no stars, the clothing and shoes sold by Woman Within and all of Full Beauty subsidiaries are overpriced, poorly made garbage. There is no quality control. They don’t even care that materials used start falling apart in initial washings, sizing is inconsistent as I believe they profit from their fining customers who get fed up and request refunds. Calling customer service is a waste of time as they don’t help and some are rude and insulting. I was lied to by them when I called this morning. I plan on cancelling my card.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I just received 2 sweatshirts in different colors. One fit perfectly, the other would fit a size 8 perfectly. How in the heck can the sizing be so inaccurate? It's easier to lose 50 pounds than it is to return it. By the time they take the "restocking" fee and the postage out, you're almost PAYING them to take the item back. The clothes look so cute in the catalog that you get sucked in just one more time. I've received tops that have had the seams practically running down the front instead of the sides. Their prices are cheap but the clothes are. I think I've finally learned my lesson. I've cutting up their credit card and the catalogs are going straight in the trash.

Updated on 03/09/2018: I posted on this problem before and WW responded saying to send them a photo of the sizing discrepancy and go ahead and return the item for a full refund. I get a message from them today stating that they received the item and my account has been reimbursed $1.29. REALLY??? That's what I mean, you practically have to pay them to take their worthless clothes back. Oh they gave me a 25% off coupon too. Which is worthless because I intend to NEVER shop with them AGAIN. I'm sick and tired of getting ripped off by this company! Look at the photo I attached. There's at least a 2 in difference on each side!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I place an order for one item on 02/16/18 using a Woman Within 40% coupon. I did pay $9.99 for shipping. Less than twenty four hours later the Woman Within website had a new coupon code for 40% off plus free shipping. I contacted their customer service via an online chat and asked (since it was less than twenty four hours and my order was still in process) if I could get a credit for that $9.99 shipping charge. I was told no, sorry. No changes could be made to my order. I asked to speak to a manager. I explained how I had been a customer with them for thirty years and would like to have the new coupon applied to my order. I was again told no, sorry. After a bit more discussion with the rep, he told me the price on my item had been raised overnight, to accommodate the new coupon, so I really was saving money with my order. What the heck??

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I ordered a skirt for my mom for Christmas. I had to wait over a month for the item to then be notified that the item was on backorder. Then eventually they said the item was not going to be fulfilled. Instead of a refund for the item, they ended up mailing an item that they had chosen for me. And stated if I didn’t want it to send it back. And as I read the clause, mailing it back would cost me $7.50. I have never heard of this practice, would have rather a full refund with apology for not supplying the order. This is a Christmas disaster for me and my mom. The representatives were rude on the phone. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Spend your money elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have bought clothing from here. The sizes are not accurate. I am a larger woman, so the first time I ordered tops in a size 1X, out of the 4 tops I fit well, the others were way too small after being washed & dried. I have ordered pant from also, which are too big. They state free returns & they do send a sticker to return free of charge. BUT they don't tell you there is a $7.50 restocking fee. I again ordered 4 tops, two the same except for the color being different. One fits very well, the other is a bit snug. One of the button ups, the hem isn't even where they meet in the front. None of their clothes are made in the USA, all from other countries, like Asia, China, Pakistan etc. As soon as I get this credit card paid off I will cancel it & get one where the clothes are a much better quality. I really would not recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

OSP sweater- I ordered an XLarge fuzzy sweater, I wear size M normally but order X Large when shopping online. The sweater is flimsy, thin, and is a Small or XSmall. Waste of my money.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered a robe for my daughter on December 1, 2017, as a Christmas gift. The same day I called to cancel the order. I was told that it was already in production and so it could not be cancelled. I went weeks and weeks without hearing anything from this company. I assumed the robe was not coming because the payment did not come out of my account. Then on January 3, 2018, the payment showed up on my account and I received an email indicating my order had shipped. At that time I also sent an email to the company indicating that I did not need the robe anymore, as Christmas had come and gone. I received no response to that email. After another three and a half weeks, I finally received the robe in the mail. It is a good quality robe and it is just as I asked for but I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My husband bought me a coat for Christmas. I picked it out because I'm choosy. When it came, I tried it on. It was way too big, so we returned it for an exchange for a size smaller. We were hoping to get it in time for Christmas. We waited and waited. We got an email that they had received it, and waited some more. After about 3 weeks I finally called. Their response was, "Oh we're out of that size in that color". Well thanks for letting us know!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This company I bought a coat from for 95.99$, send me an invalid tracking number, I have called them numerous time with no help. They have taken my money and will not help me locate the coat. I wonder how often they do this to people. I am thoroughly upset with this company. I have also written to corporate co. with no help as of yet.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I bought a pair of pants and they were too big, I Paid $12.99. I GOT A REFUND OF ONLY $4.99. I called them and they said they charge $8.99 RESTOCK FEE. I'LL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN DO THIS. What a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My first order I spent well over $200.00. The items (bras, swimsuit, skirt) were okay. Just average quality. I did the free exchange to replace one bra. After waiting like a week and a half I called. They processed it as a return. To be honest I'm not sure if I was ever refunded the 7.50 fee to return. I was sent my new item. However my biggest problem has been with billing. It is borderline fraud. I'm just not sure who to report it to. I made a payment in Aug from my bank account. They never notified that it "failed to process". I was notified by Credit Karma that I had a late fee. After calling WW and arguing they did refund the 27$ return fee but not the late fee.

Now my account amazingly worked when I did it over the phone. (And yes there was ample money in my account, my bank said it NEVER came through.) Fast forward to this week. My payment is due on the 12th. On the 10th in the a.m. I logged in and made my payment. The same account that Hulu and Amazon and Netflix as well as other payments posted this week with zero problems. I noticed I still had extra in there. After figuring what had not posted. It was WW. Logged in. And guess what? My payment "failed to process". I double checked all account numbers. They are correct. I literally made 7 payments on the 10th and all cleared. There is ample money in the account. No hint that something hit and was returned. Which it couldn't as there is plenty of money in my account.

So now I have another 27$ fee as well as when I call in to fix it they will charge me a late fee. I believe this is a way to collect fees. They mess up the payment on purpose and say "golly gee, it failed to process". Do not use their credit. I'm closing my account asap. I would shy away from WW. Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a winter coat at Woman Within, and I was very pleased with my purchase. Sizing was accurate, product is good quality, and I received a really nice deal from their numerous coupons. I got a free luggage set, which is slightly lesser quality than the coat, but nice as a freebie. I also bought gloves and a scarf, which are nice. Pricing was very reasonable for the products and for shipping. The order processed and shipped pretty fast. The checkout page was a little laggy, and I seemed to only be able to access it after I created an account. I had no contact with customer service, so I can’t comment on that aspect of the business, but I’m very pleased with my transaction. I’m having difficulty finding out where I can review the items I bought, but that’s fine.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I called not even 2 hours after making an order and not one person out of 5 ** people could cancel this order which is BS. Last night a request was even sent to cancel and still nothing. I called this afternoon only to be told it's been shipped which was BS because I called tonight and what I know it hasn't shipped. These ** have had over 24 hours to cancel this order and all I get is BS. I will never order a damn thing from you or your sister companies ever. And all my friends will know just how you people do business.

Woman Within Company Information