1.38/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

204 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered through Amazon, which linked to Woman Within. Placed an order for two plus size night gowns. They reached out and told me that my card wouldn't authorize. Bullcrap. I checked my cards and settings and it did authorize. Left it alone. Next morning, I see TWO CHARGES AND TWO SHIPMENT DATES. I reached out to Woman Within and Amazon and neither would help me. Said I had to wait until the second unwanted product came and send back. Why should I? For a fraud stunt you tried to pull? I have over $1,000 on that card and been an Amazon member for 11 years. Never been contacted before about a declined payment. I will never use Woman Within again. Idiots. Never authorized you to charge me twice.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This year I purchased several summer clothing items from Woman Within and the other Fullbeauty brands (Jessica London, Roamans, Ellos, etc.) and every single one, despite being listed as in stock online, went into backorder status. It took anywhere from two to eleven weeks for the items to arrive, and when they did, most were of poor quality. Of the shirts I kept, two basically fell apart in the wash, even though they were hand washed in cold with gentle detergent and kept out of the dryer. You can't get refunds for those clothes once you've washed them. Of the several items I sent back, Woman Within on multiple occasions charged $7.50 for the return postage even when I used the "free return" label supplied by them. They also have charged $7.50 per item if you include multiple returns in one package.

I did a quick accounting and discovered that, despite free shipping offers and coupons, I've paid $480 since January 2018 but only received $220 worth of products. Add in the $125 interest on their store card since January and the cost is outrageous. I really should have taken a closer look sooner (I've only had the card for one year) but at least I found out now, and have already sent full payment to the card and canceled all my Woman Within/Fullbeauty store memberships.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2018

Our last payment was 1 day late, we mailed it on time but it did not reach Woman Within in time. They charged a late fee that was the same as the amount we owed plus an interest payment. We owed $16.99 and ended up paying another $18.99 on top of that. I called to see if this could be credited back and of course it wasn't. I have been a customer for many years and never once been late. I can not tell you the amount of times I have overpaid due to them not having the correct amount on my statement and have never been offered a refund or interest payment on that money. I have been expected to use it as a credit instead of getting my money back. Nice little racket if you ask me. I will never Shop at Woman Within again or any of its other branches including: Roman's, Brylane Home, or Full Beauty.

Resolution response: July 27, 2018

Woman Within contacted me after I wrote this review. They credited me for all the items that I did not receive. I do have to say it was very nice that they reached out to me after my review and resolved the issue.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered about 5 pieces of clothing in May, 2018. They shipped 2 pieces of them right away. I didn't realize until now when I'm having problems with them that they said they shipped a third item at the same time but it wasn't in the order when I received it. The other 2 items were back-ordered. One of the items, a shirt, was supposedly shipped on 6/27/18. By 7/12/18 I still didn't receive the item. The FedEx Tracking showed it had been sent out but it was "In Transit'. Status "Pending". I sent Customer Service an email through their website with this information. They told me I had to wait 20 days from the date that is was mailed to ask them to look into it. I was told to send another message on 7/24/18 if I did not receive it.

I just sent another message today, 7/25/18. I got a response to ask my family members or to look around bushes in front of my house to see if it was somewhere at my house. Also, the 5th item, another shirt, is still on back-order and I haven't heard a thing about that item. I've sent them another message telling them to cancel both shirt orders. I'm never shopping with them again. Terrible customer service.

Original review: July 23, 2018

This company has the worst service I have encountered in years. I ordered capris in June. after I submitted my order, I got confirmation that stated the items were on back order. I specifically looked at my size and looked for colors not indicating that they were unavailable or out of stock. Why would you do this to people? I got notice they would be sent 7/22, then 8/8, and now 8/19. My trip starts this weekend I figured a month in advance should be enough. They offered 10% discount if I want to keep waiting, and said they are sorry, but I ordered a popular item. I get popular, but again, I looked for my size and color availability. But no one can explain WHY.

Why can they not figure out when something is out of stock and not have people ordering it in good faith and expecting to receive it in a timely manner? This is not how you keep a company going. Ridiculous. I feel trapped because the jeans and capris have fit me the best that I have encountered so far, but it's not worth it. I'll find another brand that will be close enough to a good fit that can manage their inventory properly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

I've been a customer of Woman Within for many years. In the past, I have been grateful that they offer longer length dresses, as well as items that are 100% cotton, which are increasingly hard to find. I recently returned two summer dresses I'd ordered in May 2018, but which didn't fit right, and despite being sleeveless, were constructed of heavy cotton knit -- much too heavy for hot summer weather. Never worn, they were dutifully returned to Woman Within in early July. Imagine my shock when Woman Within sent my Return BACK TO ME, which I received July 20th. An explanatory note regarding 'the return of the Return read: "There is no merchandise credit or refund, because items were old, worn or damaged. Thank you for your understanding."

Having been ordered and sent to me less than two months prior, the items I returned were hardly "old." And since neither dress fit well or was appropriate for hot summer weather, there, further, was no way they could have been "worn" or "damaged." A call to Woman Within "Customer Service" turned out to be cold, unapologetic, and utterly lacking in "understanding," even though the company, in its harsh "Return to Customer " note, begged me, as a customer, to be "understanding" towards them.

My conclusion from all this? When a paying, longtime customer is being asked to be "understanding" towards a company that, despite having greatly benefitted from our business over the years, coldly and unremittingly, refuses to have the slightest "understanding" towards *US,* makes me think this Company either has incompetent leadership, or is in so much danger of going out of business that they can no longer afford to take decent care of their customers -- longtime or otherwise. Over the years, I have recommended Woman Within to countless potential customers -- even perfect strangers -- who have admired my WW dresses. Yet, given what this Company has recently become, I would be embarrassed to recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I did a return of an item I didn't want and I called to make sure it got there in time and I was told yes it was there, and now I have received it back in the mail so I called them and they tell me because it got processed after the allowed return time they marked it as a final sale and not returnable, I also spoke with a supervisor who was just as obnoxious. NO EXCEPTIONS. It didn't matter that it was received in time or not. This is not a reputable company what so ever, don't trust them. The top that I sent back was garbage and overpriced hence the reason for the return. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER AGAIN OR ANY OTHER COMPANY THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I realize that there may not be enough reviews that matter. It takes time to write a review and you have to create yet another freaking account. But the 1 star reviews listed here are correct. I placed an order. 72 hours later I called asking when my order will ship. I was told by an unprofessional "customer service" rep that my order, my entire order has shipped. I asked for the tracking number. She didn't have that information but would in 24 hours.

Moving forward... 24 hours later I call and ask for the tracking number. My order has shipped yet I was told. I then requested that my order be canceled. I was informed that the order was in process and couldn't be canceled. If it hasn't shipped I should be able to cancel. I have been lied to and misdirected from this company. I also know that even when I return the entire order (unopened) this company will not refund my full purchase price.

This company Woman Within have some of the worst business ethics and practices that I have encountered. I have ordered from this company before. If it's a simple t-shirt, simple gown or simple run to the market pants I wouldn't purchase anything. The quality of anything else is awful to say the least. The sizes are worse than inconsistent. Same item, same size but a different color I've always gotten different fittings. But like I said their simple t-shirts. I will not be ordering from this company again. Horrible product quality. Horrible customer service. Horrendous business practices.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I will longer be a customer, the quality of clothing has really gone downhill. Pants material so thin they were see thru when wearing, if I wanted people to see the color of my underwear I wouldn’t bother to wear pants. This was a black pair yet, can’t imagine what light colors would reveal. Bought some underwear, tried on a pair over a pair of undies to see if fit, they did. After washing the same pair they had shrunk so much I could not even pull them up. The last straw, I closed my account, received a letter saying it was closed, zero balance.

A few days later they billed me $2.00 minimum interest and then turned around and charged me $19.99 late fee, plus another $2.00 minimum interest fee, all this on an account closed with a zero balance. I paid the $41.98 that I actually did not owe so they would not hurt my credit. But they did anyhow. I’m now in process of sending a complaint to all three credit unions, CEO of company. Do NOT DO business with this company.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I recently purchased three items from the website. One was a two piece bathing suit, and the other two were two bathing suit separate pieces. Despite the website stating the items were available, after I made the purchase, I got an email stating two of the items were back ordered. One of them is back ordered until September. The last item I purchased from the website, a bra, ended up being back ordered for months. The date kept getting extended until it was eventually cancelled. There are also items often listed on the website, and then when you start putting in sizes, you realize that it is not available in ANY sizes. This time you cost me having an extra bathing suit for vacation as I don't have time to order another one before my trip. You lost the sale... and my future business.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I can't place an order and after reading the reviews I guess I'm lucky. I had several items in my basket totaling $117.58 with shipping $15.99. The total keeps showing $177.77! I emailed customer service and was told to clean my cookies, etc and reboot. Did all that & the total still shows $177.77. Apparently this is a total sham of a company and they're hoping shoppers may not notice the huge error in math. Will never shop with them.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Woman Within offers through their catalog clothing that is higher priced than what is on their website because allegedly one rep told me over the phone the catalog is geared to "older women" that do not know how to use the internet. Mind you it's the SAME merchandise! Isn't that illegal? I have items in my card, went to pay with THEIR credit card and was told there are problems with the website. The young woman took my order over the phone, and since then I have received no confirmation of the order nor a tracking number. This site is a scam! When I get my bill from these morons, I won't pay it. See what they do then. Put this business OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I tried to place numerous orders to redeem my coupon for 50.00 off 100.00. Every time I would add items to my cart I would try to check out and I would receive an error message. My cart would be completely empty when everything would come back. The coupon expired and they would not honor it even with technical issues on their side. All I got was repeated apologizes.

Original review: May 29, 2018

If I could I would give them no stars! I have been shopping with them for several years because I require large clothing. Their sizes are not consistent so I’ve had to do a LOT of returns/exchanges and they keep so much money for a return then you may also have to pay to ship the return as well which is sooooo wrong. I bought a $59.96 pair of shoes, they already deducted $6.00 prior then I had to pay $24.90 to send them back so my refund was $29.06. On a $60 pair of SHOES! If you actually get to customer service all they do is apologize and repeat that that’s their policy, every time I call??? They will rob you. There are other plus size clothing stores, please use ANYONE ELSE so they don’t rob you like they have me!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Every year the quality of the product has gone downhill and this year is too far. We will no longer be ordering from this company. The fabric is cheap, the cut is poor, and the pricing is deceptive. The last products have gone to Goodwill because it’s cheaper than returning them. GOODBYE!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

The company has beautiful clothes and I order from them quite a bit. However, their customer service department stinks. I have had issues with reward certificates and a glitch in their system. Apparently, if you have a reward certificate in your cart and you go back into your account, it marks your certificate as being redeemed and there isn't anything you can do about it. They don't listen to you when you tell them there is no order and nothing was redeemed. I am promised each and every time they will fix it.

Apparently, the last time, the agent lied to me. She promised me that support said they would issue me a $10 e-gift card to my email within 24 hours. After a week, I contacted customer service again. This person said they had no authority to do that. I am beyond frustrated with their customer service. It is completely unacceptable. They just keep passing me around with different answers but nothing is ever solved or taken care of. I am becoming an extremely unsatisfied customer.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had ordered a pair of jeans which after one wearing started to separate at the waistband showing shoddy workmanship. I contacted Woman Within thru their website and expected to get my money refunded minus the cost of returning the item as their policy stated. Instead I got an email from Customer Service saying I'd only be getting 20% of my money back. I emailed again quoting their policy verbatim and asking why I wasn't getting the entire amount. Then another CS rep emailed to apologize and say that I would get the whole amount once they received the item. They notified me when the return arrived and said it would be 4-5 business days before my refund would show up on my credit card.

After that 4-5 days had passed, I received an identical email with a different date but restating the same info. After another 4-5 days, I finally got my money refunded. I've never dealt with a company that didn't seem to know their own return policy nor one that takes 10 business days to refund my money and then only after I reminded them what their policy is. I certainly won't be dealing with Woman Within again.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been a customer for about 5 years. I have never had anything not fit. Everything comes in the right size, color, etc. Always comes on time. Certificates are terrific! I had no problems with them. They do what they say they can.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I ordered booties, snow boots and two robes in late Dec of 2017. When I received them booties looked cheap like you would buy in discount store, everything else looked ok. I called them right after xmas for return label for booties. After numerous calls received one. Sent back April of 2018. The snow boots I wore they had leak so called for return label. Still waiting. They went garbage. Washed two robes. They pilled up. Don't dry 90% of my clothes. When they dried they were misshapen. Everything is cheaply made from them. To top it off I'm getting a merchandise credit as it's over three months since order. It took 23 days to return booties. Ladies this is how they get over. It's not customer's fault if women don't know their job. We just got penalized so the 18$ credit will never be used. They are a rip off. Hope someone is helped by this review.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I've been a Woman Within customer for 3 years. I have spent several hundred dollars with this company over the years. I've had products not fit before, but never bothered to go through the return process. Recently, they discontinued the jeans that I wear-- so began the process of attempting to try to find a jean that fit. I tried 5 different pairs. 3 I kept and gave away-- 2 I returned. It takes a few weeks for a credit to be issued.

When I finally got my last refund they refunded the wrong pair. I called and they were very accommodating. They helped me process the exchange and said they were going to charge my account the amount I was refunded to bring the previous refund balance to 0 and then they were going to refund the correct amount and charge for the exchange of a different (cheaper) product. That was yesterday. I logged into my bank account to see that everything looked right except they had charged me again for the pair of jeans that didn't fit.

After 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Service they explained that the customer service representative yesterday had reordered the pair of jeans I had returned... and no one could tell me why. It didn't make any sense. Why would I return jeans and place an exchange only to reorder them again? I told them that this was not my mistake. They agreed, but the best they could do was cover shipping on the return and hold my $30 hostage for a month. I didn't authorize the $30 purchase to begin with. Unfortunately, not very many jeans fit me so I'm stuck buying jeans from this company until I find another store. I won't be buying any other clothes from them. That's for sure though. Just know that exchanges with this company can be difficult and they will make unauthorized purchase on your behalf.

Original review: April 10, 2018

They hold our fund for as long as possible --- it doesn’t take three weeks to process refunds. (Most companies issue a refund as soon as they get a notification of the item being returned) --- When I called to find out why they haven’t issued the credit I was left on hold twice and then hung up on. Not to mention their product was mislabeled and was 5 inches too short - selling petite items without telling the shopper.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was traveling and tried to pay my account while on the road. I tried numerous times online and resorted to calling. I was on hold for more than 10 minutes each time and then it just hung up on me. I then got a past due notice for two months (while I was traveling and couldn't get through). Not only did I get a hefty late payment fee, but I was reported to the credit bureau for a past due payment. I called and once again and was told they would not report my payment except once a month. This is showing up on my credit report and I am furious. I once again this morning tried to get into the website for this company to see when the statement was issued for this month to make sure they reported a zero balance. Once again, I couldn't get in except for ordering on the catalog site to SPEND MONEY.

Finally, I reached a customer care person and closed the credit card with them and was told I had to write a letter to have them remove the remark on my credit status and it could take up to 90 days. She saw where there were numerous remarks where I have talked to them about this. Of course, they report monthly, but it will take up to 90 days to get this off??? I'm so over them. DO NOT get their credit card or if you do, see the fine print at the bottom of their website about having to register again to pay online (which I found out after the fact). IF I EVER ORDER ANYTHING, I will use my personal card and be able to pay as I go.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been a customer with this company for several years now. I began ordering my plus size clothes from them after Fashion Bug went out of business. They are a very respectable company and are easy to deal with. They do tell you clearly on their invoices how to exchange or return and that there is a $7.50 processing fee for returns, unless you are exchanging. They are easy to contact via telephone. I have found that their clothing is very good quality. I highly recommend this company!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I am tired of receiving the Woman Within Catalog showing one price and then going to the website and finding they have raised the price considerably. They had sent a card out promoting a 50% sale on March 20 & 21. I made my selections in the catalogue, went to the website on March 19, the day before the promotion, put my selections on my wishlist. On March 20, I went on to finalize my purchase only to find my wishlist was gone and prices had been raised considerably. Shame on you Woman Within! This is not the first time this has happened... And I am tired of this unethical business practice.

Original review: March 19, 2018

VERY BAD COMPANY. Unfortunately I opened their cc and I am unable to close it although I paid off the couple small purchases I made. They have added on extra fees totaling close to $200 and continue to do so AFTER I CLOSED THE ACCOUNT. Impossible to get hold of anyone competent to solve the problem. I purchased 2 tshirts for $14 and I can't get them to close my account. INSANELY DANGEROUS COMPANY. THE WORST.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Do not order clothing from this company. You will be walking around in rags before your clothing will ever get shipped to you. I ordered 4 pairs of pants for work back in the beginning of February. They were out of stock. They claimed the pants would be shipped March 16. I went to the online chat. The representative that I was chatting with assured me that the pants were going to be shipped on that date. I went online today check the status of the order. They changed the shipping date to April 3. I get another representative telling me about their depleting stock issues. It should not take from February to April to buy 4 pairs of slacks. Woman Within has lost my business. My advice if you would like to buy clothing and get it within a week do not use this company. They will upset and frustrate you. You can do much better. I canceled the order.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have purchased items from Woman Within for a number of years, but as of today I'm canceling my account. They often advertise coupon codes for discounts on purchases but they now have so many restrictions for use of the code that in the end the coupon can't be used! Many other complaints are about their return policy which is also terrible because they charge you to return merchandise unless it's an even exchange. Very poor business practice. To make matters worse, if you use their credit card and the balance is less than $100, they charge an additional $2 just for maintaining a low balance! Woman Within has lost my business!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I recently ordered an item from Woman Within. I didn't read the return policy because when a company says free returns and exchanges I expect that. The item did not fit so I used their return label to return it for an exchange. After six weeks of not hearing from them I contacted them only to learn that the free exchange was not available because I had used PayPal. The total bill which I had paid was $21.95. After researching my credit card I found that they had refunded $8.49 a week after I returned the item. There was no correspondence about the refund. They said I could call and reorder the item and charge it to my credit card if I wanted it. In summary, it cost me $13.00 to try an item which did not fit. I explained to them that I would no longer order from them and to please take my name off their contact list. Since then I have received an average of two emails a day.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I wish I could have chosen no stars, the clothing and shoes sold by Woman Within and all of Full Beauty subsidiaries are overpriced, poorly made garbage. There is no quality control. They don’t even care that materials used start falling apart in initial washings, sizing is inconsistent as I believe they profit from their fining customers who get fed up and request refunds. Calling customer service is a waste of time as they don’t help and some are rude and insulting. I was lied to by them when I called this morning. I plan on cancelling my card.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I just received 2 sweatshirts in different colors. One fit perfectly, the other would fit a size 8 perfectly. How in the heck can the sizing be so inaccurate? It's easier to lose 50 pounds than it is to return it. By the time they take the "restocking" fee and the postage out, you're almost PAYING them to take the item back. The clothes look so cute in the catalog that you get sucked in just one more time. I've received tops that have had the seams practically running down the front instead of the sides. Their prices are cheap but the clothes are. I think I've finally learned my lesson. I've cutting up their credit card and the catalogs are going straight in the trash.

Updated on 03/09/2018: I posted on this problem before and WW responded saying to send them a photo of the sizing discrepancy and go ahead and return the item for a full refund. I get a message from them today stating that they received the item and my account has been reimbursed $1.29. REALLY??? That's what I mean, you practically have to pay them to take their worthless clothes back. Oh they gave me a 25% off coupon too. Which is worthless because I intend to NEVER shop with them AGAIN. I'm sick and tired of getting ripped off by this company! Look at the photo I attached. There's at least a 2 in difference on each side!

Woman Within Company Information

www.womanwithin.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business