1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

244 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Some time ago I ordered 5 pairs of leather shoes from WW. I checked the size charts for every single pair of shoes I ordered, PRIOR to ordering them. I have a wide foot that is exactly 4" wide. Their "wide size" shoe charts all said that the wide sizing is approximately 4.5 inches wide, more than enough for me to feel comfortable. I received the shoes only to find upon trying them on that they were VERY narrow. So, just for the sake of being thorough, I measured the width of the shoes myself and they were only 3.75 inches wide! The label inside the shoes was correct: it read 9W, which is what I ordered; but the actual measurement of the shoes was completely different from what they advertised on their website because they have no quality control.

I reported this to Customer Service and left reviews on the WW website for all the shoes I ordered, and what do you know? NONE of my reviews for the shoes I ordered got approved (and I am an Apostolic Christian, so NONE of my reviews were the least bit malicious nor contained a single tittle of profanity). My reviews simply included the size chart measurements vs. the actual measurements, and I made a remark about them having poor quality control, and they were not approved/erased from all existence.

To add insult to injury, they completely removed the portion of their size charts that gives the measurements of the width of the shoes. Now their shoe sizing charts list the LENGTH of the shoes and has it labeled as the width. If you go to their website right now and look up their shoe sizing chart, it will say for a size 9W shoe that the width is 9.77 inches--this is obviously NOT the width, but the LENGTH, but they have it labeled this way purposely so that they can avoid being accused of not having the width listed. I never even returned the poorly-fitted shoes I had received, but now seeing how dishonest they are as a company, I wish I had, because no matter how much I wear these shoes, they don't get any wider! Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

If you order more than 60 days before Christmas... or any other gifting occasion... don’t expect to be able to return or exchange your item(s)! We purchased Christmas items that were much to large (oversized in fact) on 10/22 and because we returned them for exchange on 1/5/19 they just sent them back. The company had the shirts right there but would NOT be considerate enough to grant a simple exchange. I called them and spoke with two customer reps and let me tell you, they are NOT interested in being polite or even understanding. They simply state if you want to exchange or refund an item you have 60 days... not 74 or even 61... 60, PERIOD!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased a pair of pants and was issued a Woman Within card that they would be charged on. As soon as the card came I activated it and went to my account to pay it in full which amounted to $31.98. It stated that a checking account must be used and they did not accept debit or credit. I enter my checking info and even received an email receipt for my payment. I quit opening their emails because they send ads to me at least once a day. I get a phone call 3 months later telling me something happened to my payment and the account info I entered wasn't recognized. My bill is now over $90. I made a payment with the Male who calls and ironically he took my debit card as payment. After I logged into my account and it shows that the first payment I made and does not say it didn't go through. Definitely not a credible place and the pants I purchased stretch out so much that they start falling down an hour after putting them on.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I ordered a jacket that was normally $249 that was on sale for $99 and used a 40% off coupon so my price was around $60. They confirmed order and then said they had made a mistake and that color and size were out of stock in an email 3 days later. I called customer service and asked if I could select another color which their website showed was in stock, however they would not honor the original price or discount coupon. And now I have to wait 7 to 10 days for the charge to be refunded on my credit card.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

They are the worse. Couldn't get my online order edited, called customer service. The girl never put my order through and I called to find out about my order - told there was no order and my 40% coupon could not be used. It had expired if the girl had put it through that day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Far more trouble than it's worth. Exchanges take over a month because of the slowest ground shipping imaginable - return shipping in my experience takes 3 weeks. When they ship anything to you, it takes 2 weeks. If they have something on backorder that you are trying to exchange, forget about it. You will have forgotten you even ordered the item by the time it gets to you. (It could take two months and might even be out of fashion...) I don't understand why a company would operate this way, other than they couldn't care less about customers. A simple return or exchange should NOT take a month and a half, for Christ's sake. Ordered once, never again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This company has, by far, the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I purchased a winter jacket the beginning of November and it ended up being way too big. I’ve been trying for over a month to exchange for a smaller size or refund it, if they couldn’t return. I purchased through Amazon. After countless phone calls, chats and emails, I was told that Woman Within would be sending me the return label and they agreed to take it back... I have it in writing and everything! Not even five minutes after I was sent that info, I was sent another email saying it couldn’t be returned and they were closing my request. No explanation, no discussion, nothing. They told Amazon they would return and then sent me a separate email and refused. They are horrible!! It was an expensive jacket and all I needed was a smaller size. Please, please, please do not buy from this company. They don’t deserve your business or your money.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My mother ordered stuff at the end of September. Didn't fit. Was going to return. My mother ended up having emergency surgery and we return them late so they wouldn't take it. I called and spoke to someone who was extremely rude (actually anyone you speak to is rude and don't care) who wouldn't help and just kept repeating the same thing and I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was allowing me to return the clothes and gave me a total that would be refunded and said it wasn't the complete amount which I was just happy to be getting something back.

I went to return them and there was no return labels so I called spoke to yet another rude person and was told there was no noted on this account for that return and even if there was they would not allow me to return it even though I spoke to someone who said they would. They said they can't honor mistaken information given from their associates. It's in the return policy. So now my mother is stuck with items that don't fit. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! They don't give a crap and obviously let you know with how they speak to you!! Don't shop here!!! I wish I could give them no stars.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Received a Holiday Card from Women Within saying that they appreciate me and offering to treat something fun and festive. There is no code associated with this card. Nothing. Went onto the website and did a chat with someone who had no idea what I was talking about. I’m sure it is a gimmick to get you to go on the website and buy more things but all it did was frustrate an old women.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have been a longtime customer of Women Within. I had returned a couple items that were poor quality and they were returned back to me. I called customer service and after being on hold for 20 minutes I was told that the return policy changed and there was nothing that could be done. Not satisfied with that. I told them I have spent a lot of money with them and I will never buy anything again, that they just lost a customer. The person I spoke to didn’t even care. I tried to go on the site to write a review about the items and it wouldn’t let me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Return shipping is a nightmare-- shipped a pair of too-small shoes to exchange on 12/6, tracking info states they will be delivered on 12/24. I worked in a USPS postal unit for years, and WW's ground shipping is slower than book rate. I'm sure it'll take a few days to process, then another week and a half to be received, so in my experience, a simple exchange takes well over a month from beginning to end. That's insane. I recently got a WW credit card not knowing about their bad customer service and ridiculously slow shipping (it even took close to 2 weeks just to receive the stuff I bought!), so this will be my first and only order.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Return shipping is a nightmare-- shipped a pair of too-small shoes to exchange on 12/6, tracking info states they will be delivered on 12/24. I worked in a USPS postal unit for years, and WW's ground shipping is slower than book rate. I'm sure it'll take a few days to process, then another week and a half to be received, so in my experience, a simple exchange takes well over a month from beginning to end. That's insane. I recently got a WW credit card not knowing about their bad customer service and ridiculously slow shipping (it even took close to 2 weeks just to receive the stuff I bought! ), so this will be my first and only order.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

On December 1st I placed an online order for a gift card for my mother as a gift. After 20 days she had not received it and when I called customer service they told me that they could not track it as it was shipped regular mail. It also took 3 days for them to process and ship the card! I told them that the holiday was long over and that this is a disgrace! Customer service offered to cancel my order and refund the amount to my credit card I used. Think twice before buying a gift card from this company! Horrible horrible service!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered a tank top in the same size I wear from several other sites. What came was so large I could have pitched it like a tent. Normally I just throw clothes away, but I'm trying to be better and so I sent it back. I was aware there was a ridiculous $7 50 restocking fee. I realized I would likely get almost no money back. Nonetheless I sent it off and didn't think about it again. Until I started getting letters demanding $0.31. I was completely confused. Until I realized that between ordering and sending in my return my debit card had expired and therefore my number has changed.

They had already taken me for $14 and shipping. They are telling me that my return does not equal the original order and they want their $0.31. They would have just gone in and taken the $0.31 but they could no longer access my account. I contacted customer service because surely no business is this petty. Boy was I wrong. They were complete nightmares. I told him they would get their $0.31 over my dead body. I'm also thinking of sending them one penny a month. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I always check that products are in stock. About two weeks go by after Cyber Monday order without a package. I have received packages at this address before from this company and Roaman's without incident. It took me two emails and two live people, but still lots of wasted time. The first email revealed part of the order was back ordered but partial order had been sent about 3-4 days after placing the order. The second order revealed that the package had been sent back, supposedly insufficient address. One lady on the telephone said it might have been damaged. My leasing office is opened 7 days a week. Post Office usually puts notices in my mailbox that I either that I must go to the leasing office or main office.

Obviously, it was labeled wrong or sent to an old address, but the second lady on the phone took no responsibility whatsoever. She was very uncaring and condescending. I had already verified the address. She said I would have to contact the Post Office. I told her I had not been provided with a tracking number as most companies do nowadays. How is the post office going to know anything? She started talking over me. I told her I just would not order from them again. These people do not care about their customers. I reached out to them 3 times and they did basically nothing. A couple of them apologized for the inconvenience but if the whole point of an efficient online company is that the packages get to where they are supposed to go.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

On Cyber Monday I placed an order with this company. First time buyer. Was told would delivery date of 5 to 7 days. It took 14 days on most items as they are delivered few at time. I was waiting on one item. I called, was told the item would not ship until 21 of December. Was told I would not receive item till after Christmas. I cancelled item. If you don't have the items to send then don't sell. I will not place an order again. Should have read reviews.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I placed an order online and the following day they announced a 50% off sale. I immediately contacted them for an adjustment. They told me the order was already "processed" whatever that means, because it had not been sent yet. They would not give me an adjustment which was $31 and they would not cancel my order. I've never dealt with a company that could truly care less about offering solutions to a customer complaint. There is plenty of competition out there so my suggestion would be to try them.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I placed an order for a gift for my wife, which she returned using their return label for a different size. They refunded my credit card minus $17.27 without any explanation whatsoever. This is not a customer service type company. They lack professional courtesy and integrity. I recommend going directly to their suppliers that they market for which are shown below. I will never order from them again. Suppliers: Full Beauty, Jessica London, Roaman's, Ellos, Swimsuits For All, King Size and BrylaneHome.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The parka was way too big, and had to be returned. Charges for shipping and handling are excessive ($11.99 to send to me and $7.50 to use their return label). They may give deep discounts but recover costs in other ways. I will never do business with this company again. If I could rate it with zero stars I would do so.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

So mad that until this year I never had problem. This year it is a sure thing your item/items will be backordered. ESP pants. Or you will be told if you order the black you can get them. Wrong! BACKORDERED! I want my pants. Get more people to make the dang pants. When you need something and can never get it they are saying as I type more details is better. What? Get more help so we do not have to wait two darn months! Ridiculous! You have us over a barrel! Is bigger girls have to wait! xStores do not have all the sizes we may need! Or the choices are ugly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I just left a review on Roaman's site and I shall repeat it here. I returned some pants and they were returned to me. Upon asking the person on the phone why, she said their policy had changed from 90 days to 60 days. It would have been nice to have this pointed out in some way. I think they should make an allowance on a one time basis and/or change it back to 90. Will never order from them again. They are sneaky on pricing too. They will have a sale and they raise the price A LOT and then say it is on sale.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have ordered quite a few items from Woman Within over the last few months and was mostly pleased with the fit and quality, but there were items that didn't fit or just didn't suit me so I returned them. Imagine my surprise when I came home today and all the clothes I had returned had been sent back to me because I guess I had been late in returning them. I didn't realize that Woman Within had a 60 day return policy that was so unforgiving. Most companies give 90 days and will give a store credit or charge a re-stocking fee if you go over.

They want you to continue buying from them. Now I have probably a few hundred dollars in clothes that I don't want so I won't be ordering from Woman Within ever again. This is not a good way to treat your customers and while you may have gotten a few hundred dollars for nothing from me, you will miss out on the hundreds I would have spent in the future as I was planning to make another order soon. I'm sure you had what seemed like a good reason at the time for putting such a policy in place but you may want to rethink this decision.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

A catalog was sent by mail and I decided to give it a try. I ordered some cute briefs and when I received them they were way too big. So I attempted to make an exchange. This company has some funky rules when it comes to making exchanges. First of all, you have to fill out an exchange form and mail everything back to the company. Once they receive the return, they will refund the money spent and then charge you again for the replacement.

Their funky rules did not mention anything about if you paid with a credit card or not. So because I paid with PayPal, the requested exchange was denied. I was told that I needed to wait for the refund and then order the briefs again. The items I purchased were on sale at the time. So that meant that not only was my exchange denied, I was also expected to pay more for the same items. I honestly have never experienced this kind of confusion when it comes to making an exchange. As I mentioned before, I gave Woman Within a try because I received a catalog in the mail. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Customer service very rude and not at all helpful. No appreciation for a customer that spent enormous amounts from many of their brands. No customer loyalty at all. When contacted in writing received insulting tacky responses with absolutely no attempt to reconcile the situation. I will not purchase anything from any of this company brand in the future and am only leaving this review in hopes to prevent this from happening to someone else.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Friday I order 3 shirts. They charged me three times. They insisted by phone extra charges would "drop off". This morning a 4th charge because they finally shipped the items. $200.00 charged for a 50.00 order. I will be back if this rectified itself. My bank is watching. I got two red warning notices that they couldn't process my order. I called and placed it. I have been sort of satisfied with this company until now but this is outrageous. Are they liars or thieves?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Jeans I ordered were WAY too big in all areas. Returned them expecting a refund except for return shipping. Much to my surprise they WILL NOT refund sales tax per their customer service. I have never heard of this before and will lodge a complaint with management. I have requested they take me off their mailing lists. I will not buy from them again; I will stick with Blair.com.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Sent back items that were too small. They received them but too late for me to return. Was told they were sended them back but they never sent them back to me. I was told was nothing they could do about it. By customer service. They had no record of sending them back and no way to track it. I lost 60 dollars because of their bad service. I will never order from them again. And they would not give me credit for items they lost. And blamed me.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Ordered 3 items online. Came on 3 different days. One was so poorly made I sent it back. Then a week later I received another item and the seam of the packaging was totally open and no catalogs. Apparently they fell out. So I knew that is how it was sent out. Received the last item 2 days ago... same thing with the packaging. Why am I paying for handling when they don’t even secure it. I sent back this last item, so poorly made. Customer service? I contacted them and it was an automated reply that had NOTHING to do with my question.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The sizes are all over the map, I mean ALL OVER THE MAP. I ordered 6 shirts in the same size and only two fit. Three were waaaay too small and one was ridiculously big. Forget exchanging, not only is it impossibly slow but you have to pay for it. They have no standards for sizing yet make you pay to return. If that isn't bad enough it can take up to a month to deliver to you, without anything being on back order. That is their regular delivery. This place is a joke and a rip off.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have purchased there for many years because they give you the lengths of the items, they come in many colors and unfortunately there are not a lot of good places to shop when you're overweight. However I have never received good service from them. They charge you to send the items back even if it's their fault that you are returning it. i.e. wrong color, etc. I returned an item and it took them over a month to receive it back and in the interim I had to make a payment. Even after it was confirmed that they received my item they had not processed the return yet and I had to make an additional payment.

Their shipping fees and delivery times are ridiculous. Particularly considering Walmart and Amazon doing 2-day delivery with great and easy return policies. I decided to close my account after my last experience where they confirmed they had my merchandise but they made me make a payment and then charge me a late fee when I refused to make that payment. They are also extremely pushy with their marketing. I've tried to unsubscribe their emails a half-dozen times and nothing has seemed to work. We're not talking one or two emails we're talking a lot of emails. Awful company. I deserve better than that.

Woman Within Company Information