Woman Within

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Please for your own sanity do not order anything from Woman Within. I have never encountered a more inept, incompetent online clothing company in my life. I placed an order for merchandise totaling $64.87. The quality was very poor and not as listed in the catalog so I immediately returned all the items long before there was another billing cycle on the account. The return policy is not customer friendly. It doesn't once list that you yourself pay for shipping for returns but it gives you a return label. After mailing the items back, I called to make sure they received the items and was told that once the items were back there would be a $7.50 return fee that I could call catalog services and have removed.

After not receiving a monthly bill imagine my surprise when I went online and found out that they only refunded $54.88 of the original charge and then did not refund the $9.99 original shipping charge. Plus they charge me a $20 late fee and additional $1.35 interest on an account that I should have owed $7.50 at the most. It took me over an hour on the phone and talking to 6 people to get this resolved. In order to get the late charges, interest, and $9.99 mailing fee removed I was transferred from a Customer Service Person to Catalog Sales, to the Credit Department, to a Credit Supervisor, then the Credit Manager. Lastly I had to call a separate number for Catalog Sales to get the $7.50 charge removed. Now I have to wait for the dispute resolution to take effect to make sure the account is now back to $0. WHAT A MESS!!! I HAVE CLOSED THIS ACCOUNT!!!

I ordered a pair of plus size pants off of Women Within and first of all they don't list if it's plus size or normal clothing you're buying. Secondly the return policy is stupid. It doesn't once list that you yourself pay for shipping for returns but it gives you a return label if needed, so I paid almost $20 for these pants. They didn't fit and so I sent them back. Out of all the money I spent I'm only receiving $5.48 back. It would have been fine if they had just listed that don't pay for shipping there or back. So then I called the customer service and she was completely rude and saying how I was stupid and wrong and how what I was getting sent back was common sense.

I have called and called these people for over a year to change the billing date on my account. I was told I would have to bring my account up to date, and then they could change the date. I did so and they never changed the date. I closed the account and have made payments on time and I still get late fees. I now owe more than I ever did. The late fees add up to 198.00 since the first of 1/1/2017. I am going to report this company to the BBB.

I paid $32.98 for Super fast Delivery. It was supposed to be delivered within 2 days. 1/2 the order is not here. It is now July 31st. I looked on the website and there is no tracking number and the lady on the chat said that it would be to me in 2-4 days. I asked about getting a recredit on the super fast shipping and she said no, because part of my order already came. This is very bad customer service. Very bad!

I recently spent $150 and used PayPal as my form of payment. I was supposed to get free shipping and exchanges. Out of 5 items in one order, only one shirt fit. The quality was not great but at least it fit, so I kept it and sent everything else back in the two packages they sent me. I included the order form for exchanges and used the return labels they provided. I then got an email saying they were crediting my account $98. Apparently, when you use PayPal, they charge you $7.50 to use their ''free'' return labels. Also they ignore your request for exchanges (also because you paid with PayPal!?). After speaking with a noncaring customer representative, I asked for the supervisor who was sullen, nonsyllabic, and said that is their policy and I should have read the back of the invoice. What invoice!!!

I ordered online and the only invoice I received is the one that came in the package with the clothing. It's a little late for them to tell me I'm being punished for using PayPal AFTER the fact!! Bottom line - I received one thin cotton shirt that ended up costing me $35 all told. This with a half off sale!! I will NEVER shop with them again and I would urge all others to steer clear. I think they make the bulk of their money by ambiguous promises. The sizes were also WAY off as I see other people have mentioned multiple times. BEWARE this deceitful, uncaring company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Placed order on June 23 and it did not say that it was out of stock. It actually stated that my pants would be delivered with 5 to 7 business days. I called 3 weeks later. They informed me that they were out of stock which I never got an email or text or phone call. Nothing. These are pants I need for work. The woman stated that they are out of stock and would be in by the 17th of July. She also offered a 10% off. So I waited still no pants. It's the 22nd still no pants. I spoke to someone today. Told that they won't be in until the 27th. Bryan did not offer me anything due to the fact that I've been waiting so long, like he didn't even care that I wanted to cancel the order. Which I did. WW it's ridiculous that I was never informed of it being out of stock and still nothing a month later. Very very unhappy.

I recently ordered from Woman Within, and most of the items were decent and true to size. Then the tankini I ordered was at least two sizes too small. I should of read the complaints on the reviews because they all said the same thing. READ THE REVIEWS!!! They charged me to return their mistake and then send me a coupon for free returns with my next purchase that will expire in 5 days. WHAT? Are you kidding me? No no no... VERY POOR customer service. Get it together guys. Not cool at all.

OMG, I don't know where to start with the nightmare ride it's been with ordering from WOMAN WITHIN. I did the buy one get one free... I filled out the returns/exchange properly as well. They absolutely (several customer service people later) can do basic math or there is THEFT going on in this company!!! They need to be INVESTIGATED and shut down. It would take me all day and an extreme headache to tell you the many customer service people, all who act like they are just ignorant (it's not hard to figure out). You either need a better education (grade school) system in New York or it's THEFT!!! It's one of the other...it's sickening.

I pray to God they are not a representation of what our country is in for... or we are SCREWED. This company needs to be shut down! EVERY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I have communicated with is just the most Ignorant people I have ever experienced & I am 50 years of age with a lot of life experience. BAD, BAD, BAD!!! I'm in shock how bad and how ignorant this Woman Within and its employees are - I have NEVER seen anything like it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. I can't believe that this many people in one company is this ignorant... that is why I suspect fraudulent practices on their part.

Beware of the Fullbeauty-Woman Within -Roamans website. I purchased a membership with FB for $2.99 shipping and free returns. They mislead consumers by referring to FB as one stop for all. I was charged $13.99 for shipping. After returning an item that was way too small for the size stated, they charged me $7+ for return shipping. They advertised free returns. The genius customer service rep said, "If the jacket was too small that's on you." "But, I'm going to do you a one time favor and refund it." Do me a favor??? Guess what. I've done a ton of business with this group and can't wait to cancel my accounts. Clowns.

I have never encountered a more inept, incompetent online clothing company in my life. They lure shoppers with "low" sale prices, charge 13.99+ for shipping and only have one item out of five in stock. They have items on back order for WEEKS but lead you to believe at the time of order that ALL items are in stock. I placed an order for 4 items on June 26th, received one item within 10 days and was just notified the other items are on back order until 8/7! Their customer service is horrible, rude and incompetent reps - an overall pathetic excuse for a company. I have NO IDEA how or why they are still in business - they do NOTHING RIGHT!

I purchased 3 long line bras... one came with torn lace... the other 2 fell apart after wearing once each... I did contact customer service. At first they said no refund since I had worn it. When I said I would just post a review of the crappy product customer service suddenly changed their tune and said yes, I could return items and they would give me a gift for the shipping price to be used on future purchases. Not sure why customer service just did not offer to do the right thing first time out.

I found a great buy 1 get 1 free offer at Woman Within. However, when the merchandise arrived, the clothing was much bigger than their size chart indicated. I sent it back for a "free" exchange, but they processed it as a return and repurchase. This means I lost the buy 1 get 1 savings, and now am charged full price. Customer service claims this is their process. Nowhere on their website or return form does it say this. Ridiculous! In addition, they processed one item as a return instead of an exchange, even though I filled out the exchange form correctly.

Item was backordered. Two months later, a rep tells me that it is in and should be shipped in two days. It wasn't. Today another rep tells me it's still backordered. No info on when or whether it will come. Won't use Woman Within again. Too much trouble -- and no guarantee item will arrive.

I received 2 pairs of pants, they were buy one get one. They were too small and made cheap. The same size at other stores fit fine. I sent the pants back for an exchange. I heard nothing for a week. I called and a young girl answered and told me it takes 2 weeks for them to receive and process the return, then another 2 weeks for them to process the exchange. This is utterly ridiculous. It should NEVER take that long. Other online companies don't take nearly as long as WomanWithin. Never will I ever order from them again. The girl was sweet but her apology meant nothing to me and she sound like she didn't mean it either. I told them to issue me a full refund. The girl told me it would take about 3 weeks for a refund. This is unacceptable! If I don't receive my refund within a week, I'm disputing the transaction on my credit card. Don't think I am ever coming back.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was going to travel the next day and therefore made the decision to pay increased overnight shipping charge of $19.99 over the $9.98 standard. All items I purchased were listed as in stock and to be delivered next day. Only partial order arrived today and other was listed on invoice as backorder--meaning I still had to go out shopping which is what I wanted to avoid and why I agreed to higher shipping fee. When I called customer service they said my missing item went on backorder post my order but since I got a partial order no credit could be issued against extra shipping cost. So I am out $30 and still have to go shopping. I will never do business with this company again as even a supervisor was not empowered to take care of a customer. Bad business practice.

I decided to try ordering from them because of a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I ordered 3 qualifying things, and one pair of leggings. As I was ordering, I was informed two of the items were on back order for a couple weeks, which I was fine with. One item came quickly, one a few weeks later (before the pair of leggings that were allegedly in stock), and then the other one never showed up. When I checked order status it just said "processing for shipment." I emailed customer service and was told my last item would be shipping on June 1st. The next day I got an email saying my last item had been cancelled, and since it was the free one of the "buy 2 get 1 free" there was nothing to be done. Pretty shady business practice, in my opinion.

Well I made a order middle of April. Which some of my order was on backorder till May. Then when it was time for items to be delivered got another email stating it would not be until the end of June I would receive my stuff. So I call customer service and they tell me no items have shipped. So I wait another week still no clothes. So when I call customer service again and ask to a supervisor I was told by him, “I don’t know why you haven’t got your stuff.” Nice customer service. Then he proceeded to get a attitude with me. And really makes me mad. These items show available on the website.

Nothing about my order went well. I ordered 6 items and have only received three. I am still waiting on the other items and it has been well over a month. The items I received are two sizes too big. Everything I received are made in Bangladesh. The clothes all look really cute in the catalog but are poor quality and not true to size at all. When I contacted them about the rest of my order, I received rude attitudes.

Don't let the great prices and free shipping lure you in. Stay away. I ordered 2 bras my usual size and were huge. So I returned them for exchange for smaller sizes. Still have not received the back. I did get emails saying they received my return and order was shipped. It's be more then 10 days still waiting. Stay away from this company. My initial order was May 4. It is now June 2.

I had paid my accounts off. They charged me with a pair of TD earrings which I didn't order... I had put a coupon in the payment for Roaman's plus I also put $15.98 check. I placed another $15.98. Paying for the item with Roaman. My pay off balance $67.97 which I paid off... Both Roaman's and Woman Within charge my account late fees $20.00 on each account. Opening both account owing $57.98... Woman Within and $56.98... I did not order tear drop earrings.

My account is under dispute. First they say it will take 30 days. Sending me a letter stating it will take 90 days. I have good credit and I refuse to let my credit over $38.98. I don't steal. I have all kinds of accounts open paying them all on time. I want this account dispute over with. I have had long conversations over the phone. It's not going anywhere. Please can Consumer Affairs do anything... When over I will close both accounts and never deal with these people again...

Purchased 5 shirts to get the best deal. Only received 2 of them, the rest were back-ordered. Waited and waited, package finally arrived... with a swimming suit in it! Labeling clearly stated "a white T-shirt"! I will never order from this company again.

Wasn't very satisfied at all. The clothes I received didn't fit the way they were described in the catalog or shown in the pictures. Unless the shirts say "tunic", they are too short. If they do say "tunic" they come to your knees. They cheat you at returning items and have a worthless customer service number. I returned an item that was $42 and another for $20 at the same time. Why did I get refunded for only $50? I won't be shopping here again. The sizing is too off for their returns to be shady. No thanks!

Very dissatisfied with the way my order way. Said free shipping with order over $75.00 then turned around and added shipping charges. Called and they said they don't offer anything like that. Well I guess I didn't read far enough. No more online shopping for me. So all I can say is read all the fine print.

I ordered 3 shirts. Unfortunately, I mistakenly threw away the bag for 1; but returned the other 2. NEVER RECEIVED credit but was charged $7.50 for return. I received an email from them stating they had received my return but it was not credited. I called repeatedly and was told I had to call another department, which I could NEVER get on the phone. This went on and on for months. I finally made a minimum payment (which should have left me about $25 to pay) and kept calling about the return. Meanwhile they are adding on all kinds of fees - even though I told them I would pay the balance when they credited my account - which they never did. Now this has been turned over to collections and I dispute the claim (over $300) - to "rectify" the dispute they send me a copy of my last bill - again NO CREDIT for returns.

Service is HORRIBLE - it is automated and you can't even get someone to talk to. I finally had to email them and tell them to call me. Again, they couldn't help, here is another number. Never could get anyone at that number - automated. You go around and around with them. Clothing was SHODDY - so thin you could see through it. I ordered the size I always wear and the shirts were at least 2 sizes too big. AWFUL!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Shame on them. I bought some clothing and when I checked out they asked for some personal info which I thought was for my bank card verification - but two days later I get a "platinum credit card" from them and find out that instead of billing my bank card they opened a line of credit and charged my purchase to it. When I tried to call to pay it off and close it - they told me I had to wait 2 days!!! So I closed the account and will pay it off in two days and never ever order another things from them. Bad news scam artists.

Woman Within is nothing but a money pit, they definitely know how to work the system, that's why they're in business. The customer service number you call on WW the boy {LIAR} I talked to told me he would remove $23.48 off my acct. A month later it was still on my acct. I called back about it and they told me they couldn't remove it. So I canceled my acct. out also. They won't get another dime of my money... Scams... I don't mind at all when they tell the truth to you, but I HATE a LIAR as they are. Buy clothes from a company you can trust, and this sure ain't the company. BEWARE of WOMAN WITHIN. Stay AWAY...

Consumer Increased Rating!

If I could, I would have left zero stars. The sizing is wacky. What fits in one style is huge or tiny in another (yes, I know there's variability in styles.) Even worse is return/exchange policy. I returned jeans and placed an order for exchange so I wouldn't get charged $7.50 for each exchange. I wrote down the prices from the website and the current code. Return: 44.22, exchange: 53.00. Instead I was charged $92 or full, non sale price for the items I ordered. I would have come out ahead paying the postage. They suckered me out of $40. What a racket! No more Woman within (or any of their other names) for me. Beware!!!

I ordered from this company and provided a shipping address that was different from my billing address. When I got my confirmation, they indicated they were shipping it to the billing address. I called right away, within a couple of hours. They said the order was already "processing" and they could not change it. The order was not going to be shipped for four days, but they could not change it!! I then asked to cancel the order, and they said I could NOT cancel! So my package will be delivered to our other address and no one is there. They said if and when the item is "returned" to them, they will give me a refund. Now I have to dispute the charge with my bank since I no longer trust this company. I order online all the time and have NEVER encountered such a problem. Do not order anything from them!

I just closed my account with them and will never buy from them again. I'm very unhappy with the way an annual beauty club membership was added last year, automatically renewed this year and the inability to remove this without contacting customer service. I accidentally signed up for the beauty club last year when it was added to the end of an order. This company tricks people into buying it because rather than the customer selecting it, they must UNSELECTED it in order to NOT be enrolled. After having this happen and then being automatically charged again, I will never purchase from them again. I've read similar complaints from others regarding the automatic beauty club enrollment, so it is not an isolated incident.

I have been ordering from Woman Within since early summer of this year & have had a lot of trouble. They advertise free exchanges but what they don't tell you is it takes about 2 months to get your exchange. I recently made two different orders by check totaling 6 items. They were out of four of them & said they would refund my money. One out of 6 would be acceptable but four out of six is not good business. So I wasted my time going through the catalog!

They used the excuse of Black Friday for running out. (All stores have a Black Friday.) This was winter clothing & winter has not even arrived yet. Plus it takes about 3-4 weeks for them to process your order. I told them to take my name off of their mailing list. (I got about 4 catalogs a week!) They are too concerned with getting an order from you but don't seem to care about filling the orders that are waiting.

Woman Within Company Profile