1.17/5

275 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been purchasing from Woman Within for a while now and usually love their items. This past time, however, I bought 2 pairs of capri pants, tried them on (they fit) and as usual put them in the laundry. (I always launder my clothes prior to wearing them.) When I went to wear them they were at least 2 sizes too small. It had only been one day between trying them on and washing them so I know it wasn't me that gained weight. When I tried to exchange them for a larger size I was told I could not because I had laundered them. I was apprehensive about purchasing more at one size up because they shrank so much in the wash. Sincerely disappointed.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ordered a nightgown for my mother in law two weeks before Mother’s Day, it came about a week before Mother’s Day; I ordered a 3X, the package said 3X but what they sent was a 5X!! You had ONE job!! So, I called and they apologized and asked if they could send me the right order and I said only if it will come by that Thursday because that’s when we would be heading home to see her. They promise me it would be there no problem I wouldn’t be charged but on my bank account they had charged me 19.99 for fast shipping!!

Thursday comes and no package so I decided that we would leave Friday instead so that I could receive the package then. Friday comes and NO package.. I called and the customer service rep says that it never was sent and the sales department had no way to contact me but every time I’ve been on the phone with someone that have repeated my number back and my phone number is on my invoice!!! She transfers me to sales because she doesn’t know why they didn’t send it, all the while her customer service was AWFUL!! That line kept saying they were closed but it was well within two hours of them closing so I left a message for them to call me back and of course to this day I have never received a callback.. It’s been a little over a week and a half after I have returned the package and I still haven’t received a refund. This company absolutely disgust me and I’ll never in my life make a purchase from this company again!!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

I received three tops from Woman Within. They were too large (their sizes run large) so, using the return form, I requested the same three items in a smaller size. After a long wait, I got an email from PayPal that I had received a refund. I called Woman Within's customer service. Apparently there are NO exchanges when PayPal (or Amazon) is used. They deducted for shipping so I didn't get back the full amount. Instead of just having this information on their website they should have a notice when you pay that you can't exchange, or put a note in with the shipment that exchanges are not possible with PayPal. The tops were thin, but what I paid for them I thought I could use them for a while even though I didn't think they would last long. I am canceling my account with them and will not use them in the future.

Woman Within response

Hi Sandy, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Analyst with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the frustration you experienced. We do advise that PayPal and Amazon purchases cannot be exchanged on the invoice included with each package. We're sorry you missed that. We appreciate your suggestion in adding a notation during checking and I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

I just got notice to expect twenty-five days before delivery of two pairs of pajamas, which are the same style in two different colors. Not a complex order. Fast to take your money, slow beyond slow to deliver. I won't order again. Not worth the wait. Terrible customer service.

Hello Paula,

My name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. Our website does advise to allow 20 business days for delivery to AK, HI, APO, FPO and US Territories. I'm very sorry for the frustration.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered three items which totaled over $75 which according to the ad on my screen entitled me to free S&H and a free gift. Screen would not allow me to put in the code for the free gift (2 piece Trolley Tote set) because I had already used a code for free S&H. The ad leads you to believe that both were available. The only star I gave you is for the "Chat" person, Patricia, who was very cordial. I have in the past had this issue with your company. Please remove me from your list for further catalogs. I don't need this frustration as a senior citizen. Mary **.

Woman Within response

Hi Mary, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the poor experience you had. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info so I can look into this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have been purchasing through Woman Within for many years. Recently I have had issues with the wrong size and have to return items. I, too have had a return that ended up being credited for almost nothing. I was not aware of the time limit on returns and I also had to pay for the return shipping. I barely received any credit. I then tried to return some items in December. I sent 5 items from two different orders in one package. I received the credit for two of the items in a timely fashion. The other three items I had to call about. They requested the item number on the invoice.

I provided that and then was told that was not a valid item number. I was told to provide the invoice number so they could look it up! I'm not well off but my time is valuable. I have decided, I will eat this current problem since I charged it and never will order from this company or any Full Beauty company again. They have all the information in the computer system. Why do I have to scramble to get the information for them. I'm done!!!

Woman Within response

Hi Dorothy, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the poor experience you had. Our return policy can be found on our website, catalogs, and invoice included with each package. We encourage you to contact us prior to returning items that are incorrect so we can assist with the return. I've sent you a private message so I can look into the second part of the return you referenced.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Placed an order, AZ and when I received the order with extremely disappointed. I ordered sizes per guidelines on the website, and the clothes were 3 sizes too big! Then when I tried to process a return, was told that I have to pay for shipping back. My refund was short by about 7.00. This is a no care no help company... I found a better place to shop.

Woman Within response

Hi Cathy, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the poor experience you had. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info so I can help.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 22, 2019

I have had at least six items shrink so much after the first wash, that I had to donate them to charity. I never got to wear them. I usually follow the manufacturer's instructions as to care of the items, but despite washing the items by hand or in cold water, and drying on the delicate cycle or air drying, they shrink. I am also disappointed over the quality of the clothing over the years. The fabric is often thin and tears easily! The colors fade rapidly until the item no longer looks like the same one that I bought. I think I will find another plus size catalog to shop from.

Woman Within response

Hi Cindy, I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm disappointed to learn of the poor experienced you had. We appreciate your feedback, and I will definitely share your concerns with our team.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I ordered a pack of underwear. Well, they were much too big. Something personal came up and I was not able to return them in the 60 days. Rather than being understanding they returned the much too big underwear. Talk about petty. It's not like I wore them. Very horrible company and will never ever order from them. Maybe people need a little compassion and understanding. I will make sure no one buys from here. Simply ridiculous. Too bad I had to give a 1 star review.

Woman Within response

Hi Laquisha, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. We are unable to honor any returns outside of our return timeframe. I'm very sorry for the frustration this has caused.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I recently was notified that I had been turned in to collections for $24.99 by Woman Within. My only notification was a phone call from the collections company. Even though I have proof of payment via my Discover card Woman Within refuses to drop the collections. I have spoken with Discover on 3 occasions. They assure me the bill was paid. I have in turn told them that they need to call their merchant service 800# for Discover with their merchant ID and sort it out. As the merchant I feel like they should have understood that process without me telling them to do it. Needless to say I have not and will not do business with them again.

Woman Within response

Hi Carmen, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the frustration you have experienced. I'd like to help! I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info

Original review: April 13, 2019

They used to have a good selection of clothing but not anymore. I could turn to a page and see a number of T-shirts of different colors or a number of slacks but now the selection is limited. I like to mix and match but the newer clothes don't allow that. I ordered a button down blouse and when I got it there were holes in the shoulders so I sent it back. It was not obvious there would be holes in the shoulders unless I looked closely. I shop Woman Within because I am a large woman but a lot of the styles are not flattering to someone my size.

Woman Within response

Hi Mona, we're sorry for the disappointment. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I placed an order for a sweater and on the day the sweater was supposed to be delivered my area had a blizzard. USPS returned the order rather than continue with the delivery. Starting 3/19/2019, I contacted Woman Within twice about the return advising them I did not return the item and I still wanted I had ordered. Woman Within processed the return but subtracted shipping for the return. I have been attempting to get the full refund since 3/26/2019. I don't understand what sort of business practice would charge a customer for attempting to buy a product. I have explained several times that the return was not initiated by me, that I actually still need a sweater and would have liked to have the product I purchased. I have purchased several sweaters of the years from Woman Within, but I will no longer be a customer of this business. Very poor customer service and overall disappointed with the response.

Woman Within response

Hi Jessica, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the frustration you have experienced. I'd like to help! I've sent you a message requesting some additional info

Original review: March 30, 2019

I purchased a few items and the quality and sizing was awful so I returned the items. Today I received those items back with a note, "Return old/damaged merch to customer." WHAT??? They were in original packaging and one of them had not been opened. When I called them I was informed as per their new policy it had to be returned in 60 days. I asked how they notified their customers about new policy and was told, "It's on the website." I asked how people that don't own computers or have internet will see that. I live in a rural area with a post office with limited hours and do not make many trips to the post office.

I am also sure that they received it under 60 days. I informed her I will be sending the items back and she told me I will not be getting credit for them. She also informed me they will send them back and I told her I will refuse them and take that amount off my bill. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. If they were as advertised there would not be any reason to return them. I think with everything I have ordered from them I have returned more items than I have kept because of the poor quality of their items.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased 2 of these items. Very pleased with the price, color & fit but the fabric was of very poor quality. This fabric shedded really really bad. Suggest that maybe you wash this item before wear.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I ordered an e-gift card on 3/19/19 for my grandmother's birthday. I checked my email this afternoon (3/20/19), no e-gift card. Instead, I received a phone call from Woman Within customer service wanting to verify my purchase "for my protection." I waited a few hours thinking that I would receive the e-gift card since I had verified my purchase, but still no e-gift card.

I finally called customer service and spoke to 2 people who told me that e-gift cards take 24-36 hours to process - for an EMAIL to process! I asked the second person I spoke to if I could speak to someone else who would be able to assure that I received the e-gift card in time for my grandmother's birthday. She said she would let me speak to a supervisor and then placed me on hold. When she came back, she said that no one else would speak to me and just said, again, that it would take 24-36 hours to process. This 24-36 hour processing time was not communicated to me during the checkout process. If it had been, I wouldn't have bothered fearing that I would be cutting it to close to my grandmother's birthday. I will never order anything from this company again!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am a good and long time customer of both Woman Within and Roamans, and last year even purchased a winter coat for my daughter from them. After this last experience, it's over. I get rewards certificates from them all the time, but their website will not apply them. I wanted to buy a nightgown that was on clearance and apply my $10 reward certificate. I decided to get on chat with a rep since I'd had a problem applying the certificates before. She walked me through, and once again it didn't take. I am through. On top of the fake "rewards" issue, when I get a catalog in the mail and try to order from it the same day, the item is out of stock. No more.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Twice was charged bogus late fees. I ordered, they sent an email saying they did not have the items in stock. Months later they had the nerve to charge my card without telling me, the full price for an item I could no longer even use & then charged me late fees. Just to get rid of the charges I paid 40 dollars for a 7 dollar shirt & was assured that was it. Then 5 months later, I’m called & told I'm in collections for more late fees because the 40 payment didn’t cover a 6 dollar fee! What a total scam. I’m disgusted.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I’ve been a longtime customer but no more. As others have stated, customer service people are rude and robotic. They also are gleeful as a supervisor mocked me when I pointed out the website allowed me to process the return. I was told that the site was in “error” and I should have known to follow the changed return policy. Absolutely ridiculous. No one should shop with them unless they like to lose money and be made fun of.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I waited 18 minutes on online chat customer service about an order not received. They said they would check into and get back with me momentarily. She came back 7 minutes later and said she had to transfer me. 22 minutes later...still no one. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchased three pairs of boots around Thanksgiving. Wanted them for my Thanksgiving vacation plans and they arrived a few days later than scheduled so I didn’t even get to bring them. Strike 1. When I arrived home, I tried the boots on and apparently their sizing has changed in the last year and they were too small. Strike 2. I decided I would gift them to my sister for Christmas as she likes the company and has slightly smaller feet than I do. I brought them home for Christmas and they did not fit her either.

Called the company because I was concerned about the 60-day return policy and I was still visiting my family (whose home burned down in the Santa Rosa fires but their customer service team didn’t seem to care about that either). Their customer service rep said they would process my order exchange for a larger size and would return when I got home. No issues were raised about the return policy on their end.

Ended up returning and even called to follow up and was told my account would be credited. Got a surprise on my doorstep today and it’s my return which was not accepted as “late”. As everyone else has stated, customer service is abhorrent and rude. I called corporate and will follow-up with legal. At this point, it’s not even about the $250 I basically lit on fire and threw in the trash. This company takes advantage of their valuable customers. Based on these other reviews, I wonder if we have a basis for a class action lawsuit?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Updated on 03/21/2019: I wrote a review of Woman Within's poor customer service regarding the Comfort Choice bra on Feb. 10, 2019. Consumer Affairs posted this comment and I received a response from a Woman Within rep on Feb. 11. Since then, I have gotten nothing but a run-around on this issue. I did discover that the bra in question IS made by Woman Within. Given that fact, I don't understand why it is so difficult to find out if the bra is still being made and will still be available. It is also really beyond belief that Woman Within is continuing to advertise this bra on pop-up ads and their ordering site.

When the customer clicks on the bra, the message that appears states it is 'Out of stock.' This has been going on for months and I still have no definitive answer from the company about availability or even if the Comfort Choice Microfiber Leisure Bra is being made or will be made. It has been 3 weeks since my last contact with the Woman Within rep and I consider that an answer in itself. This company is NOT customer friendly nor is it responsive in any way.

Original Review: I have ordered from Woman Within for several years and found the quality to be VERY uneven, but the bras were usually good quality and condition. The returns are very slow and I do resent being charged so much for that but chalked it up to business expense. I finally found a make that fit, (Comfort Choice) found my size and stuck to that so my returns are much fewer now. It was changed a couple years ago and now has three fasteners in back instead of four and the material is much flimsier. However, Comfort Choice came out with a new type of bra called Cooling Microfiber Leisure bra that is VERY well made and fits me perfectly. The one drawback to this new bra was the very narrow choice of colors it came in, a problem which all the reviews I read on the WW site agreed with.

Now, this bra has been offered on sale for the past several weeks, but ONLY in one color (blue print) and one size (40). The note on their sale page yesterday (2-7-19) stated that there was only one left in stock. I have attempted for weeks to get an answer from both customer service and an email complaint department concerning future availability of this product with no results. All I get are stock answers such as "We will forward your complaint/inquiry to our Marketing Dept." Why would a company that sends me catalogs EVERY week and email nearly every day have such poor customer service? If your company had a product that was popular with your customers, wouldn't you want to provide it? I am hoping that someone from this company reads this page and does something about this problem.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Well first of all I am outraged at how customer service is so horrible and how they treat their customers. I have ordered a dark sapphire women's shirt and it had fade marks all over the shirt after washing it for the first time so I called customer service and they said since it was past the 60 days I couldn't return it. Well I sent it back anyway and I just received it back in the mail today. How rude. I ordered this shirt as a Christmas present. I think they shouldn't have a 60 day policy when you order a couple months early for Christmas and then they will not take or exchange your order.

I have been a customer with them for many years but once I pay them off I will shop somewhere else because they are not worth my time or patience. I would advise all of their customers not to order from them. This company has really went downhill and you need to get rid of the non-English speaking workers that we cannot understand. I will report your company to the Better Business Bureau because your customer service sucks. Well a couple of years ago I could exchange stuff but now I can't. That won't go too well with me. Very disappointed in Missouri.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have purchased MANY sets (over 10; with 2-3 pair in each set) of ComfortChoice Boyshort Panties from WW. I like them because they actually stay below the cheek, instead of being 'cheeky.' I have learned to wash them in a delicates bag on delicate, and unfortunately they fall apart! They fray, unravel; the threads are loose. Customer Service said I could return them within the sixty days... However, I do not receive them in a timely manner, so my sixty days are pretty much extinct by the time I have washed and worn. Very frustrating to find something you actually like... yet it is useless after the second wash. Plus you pay for your return. Why should I pay for something that was not made to standards.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I returned several items to this company because they were much too large. I opened this package well after it arrived because I had been out of town due to a family illness. When I discovered that the items needed to be returned, I checked their website for return info. It indicated that the package had shipped on 12/26/18. I mailed the return package to them on 1/19/19. I called to follow-up on the return on 1/31/19, since I had not received a credit for the returns.

Before calling I, again, pulled up the order on their website and it indicated that the items were still eligible to be returned and showed a shipping date of 12/26/18. The customer service rep. said that their system showed a shipping date in November. She indicated that the items had not yet been received at the warehouse and they would be returned to me because they were past the 60 day return period. I told her that I was looking at her website and it indicated a later shipping date and that the items were still eligible to be returned. Neither she nor her supervisor would let me send a screenshot showing the information that I was seeing and that I had used to determine my return window.

After the call, I opened their website again, in a new window, and saw that the information was now updated to match the info that the customer rep had given me. I still had the original page up and I could see that the information had been changed during our phone call. It is unacceptable to me that a company does not take responsibility for inaccurate order information posted on their website. At the very least this was poor business practices and poor customer service... But it may indicate something far worse. This is a bad company. Their sizing is extremely inaccurate, their systems appear to be faulty, their return policy (at Christmas time) is extremely restrictive and their customer service is horrible. I will not be ordering from this company again and would advise others to avoid doing business with this company.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My 81 year old mother bought me a winter coat for Christmas. She received it on October 23 because she wanted to be sure not to wait so long that it would be out of stock. Gifted on December 26. Too small. Returned for exchange immediately. Same coat returned to her with note that it would not be exchanged, credited or refunded because it was old, worn or damaged. It was in Perfect condition and had only been tried on once. Call placed to customer service. Told that their return policy is 60 days. No exceptions, no case-by-case basis. So it's a great scam at Christmas time - people order early to be sure they have what they want and they can never return or exchange the item. Totally disgusted and will never buy from them or any of their affiliated companies again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am furious. Received my return back marked old or defective because they returned item 10 days beyond the 60 days from ORDER DATE return policy... AT CHRISTMAS... REALLY!!! Tried to get customer service to do something, but they were so rude and uncaring, kept repeating the same thing over and over again, like a robot not a real person. I have been a GOOD customer for years, but not anymore. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

First of all, NEVER pay full price because everything is always on sale 40% off or more. The games you have to play. I have received some items that were a decent quality for the price but like others have had problems with delayed orders (summer clothes ordered in spring that arrive in August) and problems with return credits. What got my goat today was an order of 2 pairs of shoes and a fleece top that arrived in a plastic bag-but not sealed to the elements. It's raining. Inside the bag was 2 cups of water (I measured I was so mad), 2 cardboard boxes with puddles inside so wet shoes, and a shirt that has to dry before I can try it on. To me that says the customer isn't important and obviously they don't think much of their products to protect them. I'll purchase elsewhere - thanks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Order shipped 10/30/2018. Return dropped off at Post Office on 12/9/2018 (proven by tracking number). Return arrived at returns center 12/27/2018 (WTH USPS, 18 days to ship??). Return processed in processing center 1/9/2019 (Not sure why it took 13 days to get to someone's desk). Return rejected since it was more than 60 days from ship date.

Called and customer service person was...very rude. It was like they didn't care or didn't understand the situation. Just making it sound like I held on to the item until 59 days and then mailed it and was mad. Even if they didn't return my money, I would have still appreciated a human response...A..."I'm sorry, yes we should warn people that shipping at the holidays is very slow...unfortunately, it took so long to get to someone for processing it was too late and there is no flexibility in the 60 day policy". Even that response would have been better than the response I received. Which was rude on the phone and seemed like a canned response every time I emailed. It's not even that much money...I'm just so...hurt...by not having felt heard. Very rude, very inhuman. Never, ever, return something here. If you're ordering, make sure it's gonna work out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered (1) jacket in the fall and paid for the jacket once received. I was not aware of a duplicate charge for the same jacket, nor did I receive a second jacket. Once this was brought to my attention several months later I disputed the transaction. I spoke with the most unpleasant customer service rep that said since it’s more than 60 days it’s not the company's problem. This appears to be a shady business with charging double, no real notification and refusing to investigate further. Now my credit is affected and fees charged. I will be officially closing my account and no longer doing business. I will make sure this experience is brought to the Better Business Bureau. As far as rating goes there are no stars. I have better customer service with Kohl’s and will continue to do business with Kohl’s.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I purchased 2 shirts for a Christmas gift at the end of October. When the gift was opened, it was way too large. She only opened one to try on. I knew it was past the 60 day return policy so I was only going to exchange one shirt, the unopened one. So I called and the girl told me it was ok as long as I do an exchange. I sent the package back in its original packaging with their return label. I got no acknowledgment they received my return but the tracking showed it delivered. 2 weeks later I called to see where my exchange was. They told me very rudely this was being sent back to me since it was past 60 days...no exception. I even spoke to the rude supervisor and got the same repeating message that it was past 60 days. Very frustrating since it was just a simple exchange. I will never order from Woman Within again, and I encourage everyone to not order from them either. They are so rude!

Woman Within Company Information