1.25/5

216 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The sizes are all over the map, I mean ALL OVER THE MAP. I ordered 6 shirts in the same size and only two fit. Three were waaaay too small and one was ridiculously big. Forget exchanging, not only is it impossibly slow but you have to pay for it. They have no standards for sizing yet make you pay to return. If that isn't bad enough it can take up to a month to deliver to you, without anything being on back order. That is their regular delivery. This place is a joke and a rip off.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have purchased there for many years because they give you the lengths of the items, they come in many colors and unfortunately there are not a lot of good places to shop when you're overweight. However I have never received good service from them. They charge you to send the items back even if it's their fault that you are returning it. i.e. wrong color, etc. I returned an item and it took them over a month to receive it back and in the interim I had to make a payment. Even after it was confirmed that they received my item they had not processed the return yet and I had to make an additional payment.

Their shipping fees and delivery times are ridiculous. Particularly considering Walmart and Amazon doing 2-day delivery with great and easy return policies. I decided to close my account after my last experience where they confirmed they had my merchandise but they made me make a payment and then charge me a late fee when I refused to make that payment. They are also extremely pushy with their marketing. I've tried to unsubscribe their emails a half-dozen times and nothing has seemed to work. We're not talking one or two emails we're talking a lot of emails. Awful company. I deserve better than that.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband gave me money to order a few items for my birthday in July and once they came in the mail, he'd give them to me in October. Well, when I went to try the shirts on a few days ago, they were too big (I needed a smaller size) so I went to chat w/ WW's customer service rep. I was told that it's past their 60 day return/exchange policy and she couldn't do anything. Again, I stated it was bought in July for an Oct. bday. No go. So I told her that Walmart has a better return/exchange policy than WW. At least you can buy clothes a few months before and not be penalized.

With Woman Within, you can NOT buy clothes in advance for holidays or special occasions because you will NOT be refunded after 60 days. I reported them to PayPal and am hoping that I can get my money back. This is not a good practice. Whatever happen to the customer is always right? I mean, it was a gift and the company refused to even exchange for a smaller size. I'm through with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a coat online (my first purchase from Woman Within). It arrived and was exceptionally well made. However, it was cut very small. All instruction said to start the exchange online so I logged into my account and there was no order history. I began a live chat and found out I would have to order a new jacket online, pay again, and then wait for the refund to process with the "exchange". That's not an exchange, that's paying for two coats and then waiting for a refund on one!

I can't afford that, sorry. I asked if I could fill in the exchange portion of the form that came with the jacket and have the shipping paid my credit card and the agent ended the chat without answering. I was absolutely shocked at the lack of customer service. I did like the coat and wanted a different size. Instead I now have to pay shipping to have the small one returned and wait for a refund. I should have found THIS site first instead of ordering from them. I am beyond ticked off!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have ordered many things over the past year from this company. Nearly every item has been either big or too small regardless of measurements. I have attempted to return several items and they have been sent back to me because of the 60-day window or they were "apparently worn". None of the items were worn (other than trying them on) and they were returned within that window. Customer service was no help. There goes another $100 into the goodwill bin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I ordered 12 different polo shirts from Woman Within for work. When they came in the shirts were suppose to be a large but I received 18-20 size. When that size became a large and not a plus is beyond me. The total was 89 and change with 4 of these shirts on backorder. Well I returned all that I had received in the mail already in one package. Then when the back orders came finally came in I sent those back as well. So with the two packages returned that should of been 15.00 in charges. Instead I get a bill for 84 dollars which includes a late fee for a bill in September that I never received since I had only placed the order in September.

I called and spoke to Joel who basically told me that between all the shipping charges and now the late fee that bill stands. I told him to close my account. When I said that only then did he offer to take off the late fees if I kept my account open. Which I refused to do so he did not remove the fees. So my fees are almost as much as my order and I have nothing to show for it. Never again and I will be canceling all my cards with the sister company. Was my first and last with this company. Very disappointed in an American based company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered a winter parka today on their website. When I clicked "place order" I got an error message that read "There was a problem processing your order. Please take a moment to verify your payment information and billing address." So I go back and check my info and it's all correct. Then I think to check my bank account and I see they already took the $135.98 but the order didn't go through and I didn't have a confirmation number. So I re-enter my info and click "place order" again, and again I get the same message. I look at my bank account again and they have taken another $135.98.

So now I'm down $271.96 and neither order went through and no confirmation number. Their customer service was no help. They couldn't look anything up because there was no confirmation number. I'm disputing this with my bank now. This is ridiculous how their system can debit your account when orders don't even go through. I will never shop at Woman Within again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

These jerks snuck in a 60-day return limit and will NOT make any exceptions. Ordered shoes. They were too big. Called within the 60-day limit and they wanted me to purchase another pair in a smaller size and return the others since I didn't have an invoice. Found invoice - called today and because the 60 days is up they will not take the return. Their rep Aaron told me if I sent them back they would just send them back again. If I abused return policies I could understand it but I rarely have returned anything. It's just not my habit. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them. They have now gone from a very good company to a zero. Another greed-based corporation.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I placed an order and they charged my credit card - I waited about 2 weeks and no email or package arrived - I never received the merchandise. I went to the website under my account and saw there was no record of the purchase. I tried calling but could not get through so I sent them an email and they have not yet responded. In addition, I noticed they never applied the promo code and charged me double for the order... I contacted my bank to cancel/retrieve payment and I still have not heard anything back from this company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I loved ordering from this company until I tried to do my first exchange. I made a mistake and missed that you can't exchange with PayPal. I was using the chat function to talk with an operator and he sent the return policy. It was solid black and unable to be read. Then he sent a link. While I was reading it (Less than three min) he disconnected me. I started a new chat. The guy said there was nothing he could do. Then, when I said I wouldn't order from them again because most companies work with someone on their first mistake, he said they could do the exchange if I called in. So, I called in. The guy who answered said he could help. However, I had to tell him the order number of everything I was going to purchase and the coupon code FROM MEMORY on the paperwork I had sent in two weeks ago. If I couldn't remember that, he couldn't help me. What a waste of my time! Terrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Last 3 orders have all been "out of stock," "no longer available," or a future delivery date "tbd." And I truly resent being a USA resident, dealing with a USA company & being instructed to "PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH!" I am done with Woman Within.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I ordered from Woman Within and was charged twice for both my order and the shipping charges. When I spoke to a representative I was told that it is their policy to charge twice but I should have my money back in 72 hrs. Now here it is 72 hrs later and another rep is telling me it will be another 3 or so days before I see a dime put back in my account. And They aren't even going to refund the entire amount they took out to begin with. I caution anyone thinking of ordering to find somewhere else to spend your money.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered through Amazon, which linked to Woman Within. Placed an order for two plus size night gowns. They reached out and told me that my card wouldn't authorize. Bullcrap. I checked my cards and settings and it did authorize. Left it alone. Next morning, I see TWO CHARGES AND TWO SHIPMENT DATES. I reached out to Woman Within and Amazon and neither would help me. Said I had to wait until the second unwanted product came and send back. Why should I? For a fraud stunt you tried to pull? I have over $1,000 on that card and been an Amazon member for 11 years. Never been contacted before about a declined payment. I will never use Woman Within again. Idiots. Never authorized you to charge me twice.

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2018

The company responded and I did get most (but not all) of the extra postage I was charged refunded to my card. As for the other big issue, the fact that I bought two shirts which fell apart in the wash even though they were brand new and never worn, the company did not address that issue at all. Those items, even though they are defective, cannot be returned. I'm marking this resolved because this is as resolved as it's going to get with this company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This year I purchased several summer clothing items from Woman Within and the other Fullbeauty brands (Jessica London, Roamans, Ellos, etc.) and every single one, despite being listed as in stock online, went into backorder status. It took anywhere from two to eleven weeks for the items to arrive, and when they did, most were of poor quality. Of the shirts I kept, two basically fell apart in the wash, even though they were hand washed in cold with gentle detergent and kept out of the dryer. You can't get refunds for those clothes once you've washed them. Of the several items I sent back, Woman Within on multiple occasions charged $7.50 for the return postage even when I used the "free return" label supplied by them. They also have charged $7.50 per item if you include multiple returns in one package.

I did a quick accounting and discovered that, despite free shipping offers and coupons, I've paid $480 since January 2018 but only received $220 worth of products. Add in the $125 interest on their store card since January and the cost is outrageous. I really should have taken a closer look sooner (I've only had the card for one year) but at least I found out now, and have already sent full payment to the card and canceled all my Woman Within/Fullbeauty store memberships.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Our last payment was 1 day late, we mailed it on time but it did not reach Woman Within in time. They charged a late fee that was the same as the amount we owed plus an interest payment. We owed $16.99 and ended up paying another $18.99 on top of that. I called to see if this could be credited back and of course it wasn't. I have been a customer for many years and never once been late. I can not tell you the amount of times I have overpaid due to them not having the correct amount on my statement and have never been offered a refund or interest payment on that money. I have been expected to use it as a credit instead of getting my money back. Nice little racket if you ask me. I will never Shop at Woman Within again or any of its other branches including: Roman's, Brylane Home, or Full Beauty.

Resolution response: July 27, 2018

Woman Within contacted me after I wrote this review. They credited me for all the items that I did not receive. I do have to say it was very nice that they reached out to me after my review and resolved the issue.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered about 5 pieces of clothing in May, 2018. They shipped 2 pieces of them right away. I didn't realize until now when I'm having problems with them that they said they shipped a third item at the same time but it wasn't in the order when I received it. The other 2 items were back-ordered. One of the items, a shirt, was supposedly shipped on 6/27/18. By 7/12/18 I still didn't receive the item. The FedEx Tracking showed it had been sent out but it was "In Transit'. Status "Pending". I sent Customer Service an email through their website with this information. They told me I had to wait 20 days from the date that is was mailed to ask them to look into it. I was told to send another message on 7/24/18 if I did not receive it.

I just sent another message today, 7/25/18. I got a response to ask my family members or to look around bushes in front of my house to see if it was somewhere at my house. Also, the 5th item, another shirt, is still on back-order and I haven't heard a thing about that item. I've sent them another message telling them to cancel both shirt orders. I'm never shopping with them again. Terrible customer service.

Original review: July 23, 2018

This company has the worst service I have encountered in years. I ordered capris in June. after I submitted my order, I got confirmation that stated the items were on back order. I specifically looked at my size and looked for colors not indicating that they were unavailable or out of stock. Why would you do this to people? I got notice they would be sent 7/22, then 8/8, and now 8/19. My trip starts this weekend I figured a month in advance should be enough. They offered 10% discount if I want to keep waiting, and said they are sorry, but I ordered a popular item. I get popular, but again, I looked for my size and color availability. But no one can explain WHY.

Why can they not figure out when something is out of stock and not have people ordering it in good faith and expecting to receive it in a timely manner? This is not how you keep a company going. Ridiculous. I feel trapped because the jeans and capris have fit me the best that I have encountered so far, but it's not worth it. I'll find another brand that will be close enough to a good fit that can manage their inventory properly.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I've been a customer of Woman Within for many years. In the past, I have been grateful that they offer longer length dresses, as well as items that are 100% cotton, which are increasingly hard to find. I recently returned two summer dresses I'd ordered in May 2018, but which didn't fit right, and despite being sleeveless, were constructed of heavy cotton knit -- much too heavy for hot summer weather. Never worn, they were dutifully returned to Woman Within in early July. Imagine my shock when Woman Within sent my Return BACK TO ME, which I received July 20th. An explanatory note regarding 'the return of the Return read: "There is no merchandise credit or refund, because items were old, worn or damaged. Thank you for your understanding."

Having been ordered and sent to me less than two months prior, the items I returned were hardly "old." And since neither dress fit well or was appropriate for hot summer weather, there, further, was no way they could have been "worn" or "damaged." A call to Woman Within "Customer Service" turned out to be cold, unapologetic, and utterly lacking in "understanding," even though the company, in its harsh "Return to Customer " note, begged me, as a customer, to be "understanding" towards them.

My conclusion from all this? When a paying, longtime customer is being asked to be "understanding" towards a company that, despite having greatly benefitted from our business over the years, coldly and unremittingly, refuses to have the slightest "understanding" towards *US,* makes me think this Company either has incompetent leadership, or is in so much danger of going out of business that they can no longer afford to take decent care of their customers -- longtime or otherwise. Over the years, I have recommended Woman Within to countless potential customers -- even perfect strangers -- who have admired my WW dresses. Yet, given what this Company has recently become, I would be embarrassed to recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I did a return of an item I didn't want and I called to make sure it got there in time and I was told yes it was there, and now I have received it back in the mail so I called them and they tell me because it got processed after the allowed return time they marked it as a final sale and not returnable, I also spoke with a supervisor who was just as obnoxious. NO EXCEPTIONS. It didn't matter that it was received in time or not. This is not a reputable company what so ever, don't trust them. The top that I sent back was garbage and overpriced hence the reason for the return. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER AGAIN OR ANY OTHER COMPANY THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I realize that there may not be enough reviews that matter. It takes time to write a review and you have to create yet another freaking account. But the 1 star reviews listed here are correct. I placed an order. 72 hours later I called asking when my order will ship. I was told by an unprofessional "customer service" rep that my order, my entire order has shipped. I asked for the tracking number. She didn't have that information but would in 24 hours.

Moving forward... 24 hours later I call and ask for the tracking number. My order has shipped yet I was told. I then requested that my order be canceled. I was informed that the order was in process and couldn't be canceled. If it hasn't shipped I should be able to cancel. I have been lied to and misdirected from this company. I also know that even when I return the entire order (unopened) this company will not refund my full purchase price.

This company Woman Within have some of the worst business ethics and practices that I have encountered. I have ordered from this company before. If it's a simple t-shirt, simple gown or simple run to the market pants I wouldn't purchase anything. The quality of anything else is awful to say the least. The sizes are worse than inconsistent. Same item, same size but a different color I've always gotten different fittings. But like I said their simple t-shirts. I will not be ordering from this company again. Horrible product quality. Horrible customer service. Horrendous business practices.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I will longer be a customer, the quality of clothing has really gone downhill. Pants material so thin they were see thru when wearing, if I wanted people to see the color of my underwear I wouldn’t bother to wear pants. This was a black pair yet, can’t imagine what light colors would reveal. Bought some underwear, tried on a pair over a pair of undies to see if fit, they did. After washing the same pair they had shrunk so much I could not even pull them up. The last straw, I closed my account, received a letter saying it was closed, zero balance.

A few days later they billed me $2.00 minimum interest and then turned around and charged me $19.99 late fee, plus another $2.00 minimum interest fee, all this on an account closed with a zero balance. I paid the $41.98 that I actually did not owe so they would not hurt my credit. But they did anyhow. I’m now in process of sending a complaint to all three credit unions, CEO of company. Do NOT DO business with this company.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I recently purchased three items from the website. One was a two piece bathing suit, and the other two were two bathing suit separate pieces. Despite the website stating the items were available, after I made the purchase, I got an email stating two of the items were back ordered. One of them is back ordered until September. The last item I purchased from the website, a bra, ended up being back ordered for months. The date kept getting extended until it was eventually cancelled. There are also items often listed on the website, and then when you start putting in sizes, you realize that it is not available in ANY sizes. This time you cost me having an extra bathing suit for vacation as I don't have time to order another one before my trip. You lost the sale... and my future business.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I can't place an order and after reading the reviews I guess I'm lucky. I had several items in my basket totaling $117.58 with shipping $15.99. The total keeps showing $177.77! I emailed customer service and was told to clean my cookies, etc and reboot. Did all that & the total still shows $177.77. Apparently this is a total sham of a company and they're hoping shoppers may not notice the huge error in math. Will never shop with them.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Woman Within offers through their catalog clothing that is higher priced than what is on their website because allegedly one rep told me over the phone the catalog is geared to "older women" that do not know how to use the internet. Mind you it's the SAME merchandise! Isn't that illegal? I have items in my card, went to pay with THEIR credit card and was told there are problems with the website. The young woman took my order over the phone, and since then I have received no confirmation of the order nor a tracking number. This site is a scam! When I get my bill from these morons, I won't pay it. See what they do then. Put this business OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I tried to place numerous orders to redeem my coupon for 50.00 off 100.00. Every time I would add items to my cart I would try to check out and I would receive an error message. My cart would be completely empty when everything would come back. The coupon expired and they would not honor it even with technical issues on their side. All I got was repeated apologizes.

Original review: May 29, 2018

If I could I would give them no stars! I have been shopping with them for several years because I require large clothing. Their sizes are not consistent so I’ve had to do a LOT of returns/exchanges and they keep so much money for a return then you may also have to pay to ship the return as well which is sooooo wrong. I bought a $59.96 pair of shoes, they already deducted $6.00 prior then I had to pay $24.90 to send them back so my refund was $29.06. On a $60 pair of SHOES! If you actually get to customer service all they do is apologize and repeat that that’s their policy, every time I call??? They will rob you. There are other plus size clothing stores, please use ANYONE ELSE so they don’t rob you like they have me!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Every year the quality of the product has gone downhill and this year is too far. We will no longer be ordering from this company. The fabric is cheap, the cut is poor, and the pricing is deceptive. The last products have gone to Goodwill because it’s cheaper than returning them. GOODBYE!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

The company has beautiful clothes and I order from them quite a bit. However, their customer service department stinks. I have had issues with reward certificates and a glitch in their system. Apparently, if you have a reward certificate in your cart and you go back into your account, it marks your certificate as being redeemed and there isn't anything you can do about it. They don't listen to you when you tell them there is no order and nothing was redeemed. I am promised each and every time they will fix it.

Apparently, the last time, the agent lied to me. She promised me that support said they would issue me a $10 e-gift card to my email within 24 hours. After a week, I contacted customer service again. This person said they had no authority to do that. I am beyond frustrated with their customer service. It is completely unacceptable. They just keep passing me around with different answers but nothing is ever solved or taken care of. I am becoming an extremely unsatisfied customer.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had ordered a pair of jeans which after one wearing started to separate at the waistband showing shoddy workmanship. I contacted Woman Within thru their website and expected to get my money refunded minus the cost of returning the item as their policy stated. Instead I got an email from Customer Service saying I'd only be getting 20% of my money back. I emailed again quoting their policy verbatim and asking why I wasn't getting the entire amount. Then another CS rep emailed to apologize and say that I would get the whole amount once they received the item. They notified me when the return arrived and said it would be 4-5 business days before my refund would show up on my credit card.

After that 4-5 days had passed, I received an identical email with a different date but restating the same info. After another 4-5 days, I finally got my money refunded. I've never dealt with a company that didn't seem to know their own return policy nor one that takes 10 business days to refund my money and then only after I reminded them what their policy is. I certainly won't be dealing with Woman Within again.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been a customer for about 5 years. I have never had anything not fit. Everything comes in the right size, color, etc. Always comes on time. Certificates are terrific! I had no problems with them. They do what they say they can.

Woman Within Company Information