1.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Woman Within

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 27, 2017

169 Woman Within Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My husband bought me a coat for Christmas. I picked it out because I'm choosy. When it came, I tried it on. It was way too big, so we returned it for an exchange for a size smaller. We were hoping to get it in time for Christmas. We waited and waited. We got an email that they had received it, and waited some more. After about 3 weeks I finally called. Their response was, "Oh we're out of that size in that color". Well thanks for letting us know!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This company I bought a coat from for 95.99$, send me an invalid tracking number, I have called them numerous time with no help. They have taken my money and will not help me locate the coat. I wonder how often they do this to people. I am thoroughly upset with this company. I have also written to corporate co. with no help as of yet.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I bought a pair of pants and they were too big, I Paid $12.99. I GOT A REFUND OF ONLY $4.99. I called them and they said they charge $8.99 RESTOCK FEE. I'LL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN DO THIS. What a ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My first order I spent well over $200.00. The items (bras, swimsuit, skirt) were okay. Just average quality. I did the free exchange to replace one bra. After waiting like a week and a half I called. They processed it as a return. To be honest I'm not sure if I was ever refunded the 7.50 fee to return. I was sent my new item. However my biggest problem has been with billing. It is borderline fraud. I'm just not sure who to report it to. I made a payment in Aug from my bank account. They never notified that it "failed to process". I was notified by Credit Karma that I had a late fee. After calling WW and arguing they did refund the 27$ return fee but not the late fee.

Now my account amazingly worked when I did it over the phone. (And yes there was ample money in my account, my bank said it NEVER came through.) Fast forward to this week. My payment is due on the 12th. On the 10th in the a.m. I logged in and made my payment. The same account that Hulu and Amazon and Netflix as well as other payments posted this week with zero problems. I noticed I still had extra in there. After figuring what had not posted. It was WW. Logged in. And guess what? My payment "failed to process". I double checked all account numbers. They are correct. I literally made 7 payments on the 10th and all cleared. There is ample money in the account. No hint that something hit and was returned. Which it couldn't as there is plenty of money in my account.

So now I have another 27$ fee as well as when I call in to fix it they will charge me a late fee. I believe this is a way to collect fees. They mess up the payment on purpose and say "golly gee, it failed to process". Do not use their credit. I'm closing my account asap. I would shy away from WW. Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a winter coat at Woman Within, and I was very pleased with my purchase. Sizing was accurate, product is good quality, and I received a really nice deal from their numerous coupons. I got a free luggage set, which is slightly lesser quality than the coat, but nice as a freebie. I also bought gloves and a scarf, which are nice. Pricing was very reasonable for the products and for shipping. The order processed and shipped pretty fast. The checkout page was a little laggy, and I seemed to only be able to access it after I created an account. I had no contact with customer service, so I can’t comment on that aspect of the business, but I’m very pleased with my transaction. I’m having difficulty finding out where I can review the items I bought, but that’s fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I called not even 2 hours after making an order and not one person out of 5 goddamn people could cancel this order which is BS. Last night a request was even sent to cancel and still nothing. I called this afternoon only to be told it's been shipped which was BS because I called tonight and what I know it hasn't shipped. These ** have had over 24 hours to cancel this order and all I get is BS. I will never order a damn thing from you or your sister companies ever. And all my friends will know just how you people do business.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I place an order in October. It's December now. I'm still waiting for it. I don't understand why they had to take so long. I bought things from them before and came on time but I don't know if I want to buy anything from them again. Good price but bad service. It take forever and I sent them an email and no response yet so I don't know what I'm going to do and what I order I need as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was going to give them a 3 because sizing has been way off for 3 shirts, 1 pants, 2 coats. Two other pants are too short between crotch and drawstring waist (I am 5'3" ordered petite) and the raincoat, which is huge on me, allows limited movement in arms due to the way the arms are cut and connected to coat at shoulder. Went to read how to exchange and return because I want to exchange 1 for smaller size and return defective raincoat. I was shocked to discover that: 1. Free exchange does not apply if you paid with PayPal. 2. Exchanges are really returns and repurchases! 3. Using the term "exchange" is basically false advertising since there are no exchanges, only return credit to a new purchase of same item.

They tell you, but not anywhere that they promise free exchanges. Instead you have to look in help section. Therefore, you are better off returning for refund and reordering when item is on sale again. Consumer Affairs: Only included receipts for recent orders of 2 coats and 1 shirt. Two previous orders for pants and shirts under same email, but different pay method and name.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I’ve never experienced any serious issues with Woman Within and am extremely satisfied with every purchase I have made over the last 18 months. I’ve bought shoes, robes and many tops and loved all items. The only slightly negative comment would be sometimes the shipping takes a little longer than other online stores, but the items always show up in good condition.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

If you order from this company, you are taking your chances that the item will fit properly, be of decent quality, and made from decent fabric. If it doesn't do these things, good luck. It will be up to you to eat the cost of returns and they will be incredibly unhelpful. And know that all of these things are continual issues. Fit is bad, quality is dicey and many of the fabrics are cheap and awful.

If like me the box doesn't arrive for some reason, they will offer to charge you a second time to re-send, and they will put all the work back on you to track down the package and remedy the situation. They will not care that this is a ridiculous inconvenience, and something that they should be handling as the shipper, not you as the recipient. In short, they're awful all the way around including quality and service. They don't care.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a pair of jeans that were too large, so I exchanged them for a smaller size. They were out of that particular jean. They refunded me the jeans, but not the shipping. So for $5 dollars I had the hassle and no reward. The reward being a new pair of jeans. Definitely better not to shop at Woman Within.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The pants I ordered were not the same as pictured in the catalog. The picture showed the pants had pockets, and they do not. Two of the pants were the size I ordered and the other was a smaller size. But, they both fit the same. The material is very flimsy and not good quality. I read other reviews on the return policies and I will not be returning the clothes, they fit at least. I will not be ordering from them again. If they cannot get the order right, how can I trust them. I am done with them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I ordered some shirts. I wanted the free luggage that you received free for ordering something for 25.00 or more. My order was well over 25.00 and when I talked to a lady named Brissa online she said just because I ordered clearance it did not count. Well I told her, "On my receipt it says coupon REDEEMED". I was trying to tell her that but she didn't want to listen. She needs to work on her customer service. You have to do everything you can to make the customer HAPPY!!! I'LL ORDER SOMEWHERE ELSE FROM NOW ON!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

"Designed with the needs of plus size women in mind." is what they say on their site. They make it seem like it's for plus size women like me, with heavy feet, plus sized figure. BUT it's NOT. Their stuff runs sooo small. Their stuff is for thin plus size models, you know the ones that are considered plus sized but they're really just normal to us everyday people. Even the models they advertise on their site wearing their products are not plus sized. I bought sandal heels that are sized 12 WW. And it fit more like a size 8, normal, no width at all. That's my usual size and it didn't fit. I didn't take it back, it's just sitting in my closet collecting dust. I've never seen a size 12 Wide Width that small. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I submitted a review to the Woman Within site regarding my unsatisfactory experience and have not heard back from them. The ribbed pant I purchased was too large in the waist and legs and short around the ankles. I ordered the regular size. The company has a return policy, but the catch is if you want the refund back to your card, you will be charged $7.50. I will not shop at with this company again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Robes I bought were way too large. Material was almost like paper. Probably would not have laundered well. I got an email that told me I would not have to pay the stupid $7.50 return fee. When I called to get it, they said I had to make ANOTHER order. I explained over and over that I had received an email. I told her I would write a bad review. She said, "Go ahead". Now I know why, I did not read this website. I am sooooo sorry, I ever saw them. I am out a total of $17.50!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Please for your own sanity do not order anything from Woman Within. I have never encountered a more inept, incompetent online clothing company in my life. I placed an order for merchandise totaling $64.87. The quality was very poor and not as listed in the catalog so I immediately returned all the items long before there was another billing cycle on the account. The return policy is not customer friendly. It doesn't once list that you yourself pay for shipping for returns but it gives you a return label. After mailing the items back, I called to make sure they received the items and was told that once the items were back there would be a $7.50 return fee that I could call catalog services and have removed.

After not receiving a monthly bill imagine my surprise when I went online and found out that they only refunded $54.88 of the original charge and then did not refund the $9.99 original shipping charge. Plus they charge me a $20 late fee and additional $1.35 interest on an account that I should have owed $7.50 at the most. It took me over an hour on the phone and talking to 6 people to get this resolved. In order to get the late charges, interest, and $9.99 mailing fee removed I was transferred from a Customer Service Person to Catalog Sales, to the Credit Department, to a Credit Supervisor, then the Credit Manager. Lastly I had to call a separate number for Catalog Sales to get the $7.50 charge removed. Now I have to wait for the dispute resolution to take effect to make sure the account is now back to $0. WHAT A MESS!!! I HAVE CLOSED THIS ACCOUNT!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I am so disgusted with Woman Within. I realize now they have fooled me twice, no more. I ordered 3 items in one order and they split it into two, and it shipped in two separate packages. Nothing fit, material is very cheap, worse than Wal Mart if that is even possible, and when you return it they ding you 8 bucks per package. $45 ordered, $29 refunded. Mind you I DID NOT return 2 orders, but one. So let me warn you, the more you order the more they keep! Will never buy from again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I ordered a pair of plus size pants off of Women Within and first of all they don't list if it's plus size or normal clothing you're buying. Secondly the return policy is stupid. It doesn't once list that you yourself pay for shipping for returns but it gives you a return label if needed, so I paid almost $20 for these pants. They didn't fit and so I sent them back. Out of all the money I spent I'm only receiving $5.48 back. It would have been fine if they had just listed that don't pay for shipping there or back. So then I called the customer service and she was completely rude and saying how I was stupid and wrong and how what I was getting sent back was common sense.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have called and called these people for over a year to change the billing date on my account. I was told I would have to bring my account up to date, and then they could change the date. I did so and they never changed the date. I closed the account and have made payments on time and I still get late fees. I now owe more than I ever did. The late fees add up to 198.00 since the first of 1/1/2017. I am going to report this company to the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I paid $32.98 for Super fast Delivery. It was supposed to be delivered within 2 days. 1/2 the order is not here. It is now July 31st. I looked on the website and there is no tracking number and the lady on the chat said that it would be to me in 2-4 days. I asked about getting a recredit on the super fast shipping and she said no, because part of my order already came. This is very bad customer service. Very bad!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I recently spent $150 and used PayPal as my form of payment. I was supposed to get free shipping and exchanges. Out of 5 items in one order, only one shirt fit. The quality was not great but at least it fit, so I kept it and sent everything else back in the two packages they sent me. I included the order form for exchanges and used the return labels they provided. I then got an email saying they were crediting my account $98. Apparently, when you use PayPal, they charge you $7.50 to use their ''free'' return labels. Also they ignore your request for exchanges (also because you paid with PayPal!?). After speaking with a noncaring customer representative, I asked for the supervisor who was sullen, nonsyllabic, and said that is their policy and I should have read the back of the invoice. What invoice!!!

I ordered online and the only invoice I received is the one that came in the package with the clothing. It's a little late for them to tell me I'm being punished for using PayPal AFTER the fact!! Bottom line - I received one thin cotton shirt that ended up costing me $35 all told. This with a half off sale!! I will NEVER shop with them again and I would urge all others to steer clear. I think they make the bulk of their money by ambiguous promises. The sizes were also WAY off as I see other people have mentioned multiple times. BEWARE this deceitful, uncaring company.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Placed order on June 23 and it did not say that it was out of stock. It actually stated that my pants would be delivered with 5 to 7 business days. I called 3 weeks later. They informed me that they were out of stock which I never got an email or text or phone call. Nothing. These are pants I need for work. The woman stated that they are out of stock and would be in by the 17th of July. She also offered a 10% off. So I waited still no pants. It's the 22nd still no pants. I spoke to someone today. Told that they won't be in until the 27th. Bryan did not offer me anything due to the fact that I've been waiting so long, like he didn't even care that I wanted to cancel the order. Which I did. WW it's ridiculous that I was never informed of it being out of stock and still nothing a month later. Very very unhappy.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I recently ordered from Woman Within, and most of the items were decent and true to size. Then the tankini I ordered was at least two sizes too small. I should of read the complaints on the reviews because they all said the same thing. READ THE REVIEWS!!! They charged me to return their mistake and then send me a coupon for free returns with my next purchase that will expire in 5 days. WHAT? Are you kidding me? No no no... VERY POOR customer service. Get it together guys. Not cool at all.

Original review: July 15, 2017

OMG, I don't know where to start with the nightmare ride it's been with ordering from WOMAN WITHIN. I did the buy one get one free... I filled out the returns/exchange properly as well. They absolutely (several customer service people later) can do basic math or there is THEFT going on in this company!!! They need to be INVESTIGATED and shut down. It would take me all day and an extreme headache to tell you the many customer service people, all who act like they are just ignorant (it's not hard to figure out). You either need a better education (grade school) system in New York or it's THEFT!!! It's one of the other...it's sickening.

I pray to God they are not a representation of what our country is in for... or we are SCREWED. This company needs to be shut down! EVERY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I have communicated with is just the most Ignorant people I have ever experienced & I am 50 years of age with a lot of life experience. BAD, BAD, BAD!!! I'm in shock how bad and how ignorant this Woman Within and its employees are - I have NEVER seen anything like it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. I can't believe that this many people in one company is this ignorant... that is why I suspect fraudulent practices on their part.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Beware of the Fullbeauty-Woman Within -Roamans website. I purchased a membership with FB for $2.99 shipping and free returns. They mislead consumers by referring to FB as one stop for all. I was charged $13.99 for shipping. After returning an item that was way too small for the size stated, they charged me $7+ for return shipping. They advertised free returns. The genius customer service rep said, "If the jacket was too small that's on you." "But, I'm going to do you a one time favor and refund it." Do me a favor??? Guess what. I've done a ton of business with this group and can't wait to cancel my accounts. Clowns.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have never encountered a more inept, incompetent online clothing company in my life. They lure shoppers with "low" sale prices, charge 13.99+ for shipping and only have one item out of five in stock. They have items on back order for WEEKS but lead you to believe at the time of order that ALL items are in stock. I placed an order for 4 items on June 26th, received one item within 10 days and was just notified the other items are on back order until 8/7! Their customer service is horrible, rude and incompetent reps - an overall pathetic excuse for a company. I have NO IDEA how or why they are still in business - they do NOTHING RIGHT!

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased 3 long line bras... one came with torn lace... the other 2 fell apart after wearing once each... I did contact customer service. At first they said no refund since I had worn it. When I said I would just post a review of the crappy product customer service suddenly changed their tune and said yes, I could return items and they would give me a gift for the shipping price to be used on future purchases. Not sure why customer service just did not offer to do the right thing first time out.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I found a great buy 1 get 1 free offer at Woman Within. However, when the merchandise arrived, the clothing was much bigger than their size chart indicated. I sent it back for a "free" exchange, but they processed it as a return and repurchase. This means I lost the buy 1 get 1 savings, and now am charged full price. Customer service claims this is their process. Nowhere on their website or return form does it say this. Ridiculous! In addition, they processed one item as a return instead of an exchange, even though I filled out the exchange form correctly.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Item was backordered. Two months later, a rep tells me that it is in and should be shipped in two days. It wasn't. Today another rep tells me it's still backordered. No info on when or whether it will come. Won't use Woman Within again. Too much trouble -- and no guarantee item will arrive.

Woman Within Company Information

www.womanwithin.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use