Woman Within

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was going to travel the next day and therefore made the decision to pay increased overnight shipping charge of $19.99 over the $9.98 standard. All items I purchased were listed as in stock and to be delivered next day. Only partial order arrived today and other was listed on invoice as backorder--meaning I still had to go out shopping which is what I wanted to avoid and why I agreed to higher shipping fee. When I called customer service they said my missing item went on backorder post my order but since I got a partial order no credit could be issued against extra shipping cost. So I am out $30 and still have to go shopping. I will never do business with this company again as even a supervisor was not empowered to take care of a customer. Bad business practice.

I decided to try ordering from them because of a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I ordered 3 qualifying things, and one pair of leggings. As I was ordering, I was informed two of the items were on back order for a couple weeks, which I was fine with. One item came quickly, one a few weeks later (before the pair of leggings that were allegedly in stock), and then the other one never showed up. When I checked order status it just said "processing for shipment." I emailed customer service and was told my last item would be shipping on June 1st. The next day I got an email saying my last item had been cancelled, and since it was the free one of the "buy 2 get 1 free" there was nothing to be done. Pretty shady business practice, in my opinion.

Well I made a order middle of April. Which some of my order was on backorder till May. Then when it was time for items to be delivered got another email stating it would not be until the end of June I would receive my stuff. So I call customer service and they tell me no items have shipped. So I wait another week still no clothes. So when I call customer service again and ask to a supervisor I was told by him, “I don’t know why you haven’t got your stuff.” Nice customer service. Then he proceeded to get a attitude with me. And really makes me mad. These items show available on the website.

Nothing about my order went well. I ordered 6 items and have only received three. I am still waiting on the other items and it has been well over a month. The items I received are two sizes too big. Everything I received are made in Bangladesh. The clothes all look really cute in the catalog but are poor quality and not true to size at all. When I contacted them about the rest of my order, I received rude attitudes.

Don't let the great prices and free shipping lure you in. Stay away. I ordered 2 bras my usual size and were huge. So I returned them for exchange for smaller sizes. Still have not received the back. I did get emails saying they received my return and order was shipped. It's be more then 10 days still waiting. Stay away from this company. My initial order was May 4. It is now June 2.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

I had paid my accounts off. They charged me with a pair of TD earrings which I didn't order... I had put a coupon in the payment for Roaman's plus I also put $15.98 check. I placed another $15.98. Paying for the item with Roaman. My pay off balance $67.97 which I paid off... Both Roaman's and Woman Within charge my account late fees $20.00 on each account. Opening both account owing $57.98... Woman Within and $56.98... I did not order tear drop earrings.

My account is under dispute. First they say it will take 30 days. Sending me a letter stating it will take 90 days. I have good credit and I refuse to let my credit over $38.98. I don't steal. I have all kinds of accounts open paying them all on time. I want this account dispute over with. I have had long conversations over the phone. It's not going anywhere. Please can Consumer Affairs do anything... When over I will close both accounts and never deal with these people again...

Purchased 5 shirts to get the best deal. Only received 2 of them, the rest were back-ordered. Waited and waited, package finally arrived... with a swimming suit in it! Labeling clearly stated "a white T-shirt"! I will never order from this company again.

Wasn't very satisfied at all. The clothes I received didn't fit the way they were described in the catalog or shown in the pictures. Unless the shirts say "tunic", they are too short. If they do say "tunic" they come to your knees. They cheat you at returning items and have a worthless customer service number. I returned an item that was $42 and another for $20 at the same time. Why did I get refunded for only $50? I won't be shopping here again. The sizing is too off for their returns to be shady. No thanks!

Very dissatisfied with the way my order way. Said free shipping with order over $75.00 then turned around and added shipping charges. Called and they said they don't offer anything like that. Well I guess I didn't read far enough. No more online shopping for me. So all I can say is read all the fine print.

I ordered 3 shirts. Unfortunately, I mistakenly threw away the bag for 1; but returned the other 2. NEVER RECEIVED credit but was charged $7.50 for return. I received an email from them stating they had received my return but it was not credited. I called repeatedly and was told I had to call another department, which I could NEVER get on the phone. This went on and on for months. I finally made a minimum payment (which should have left me about $25 to pay) and kept calling about the return. Meanwhile they are adding on all kinds of fees - even though I told them I would pay the balance when they credited my account - which they never did. Now this has been turned over to collections and I dispute the claim (over $300) - to "rectify" the dispute they send me a copy of my last bill - again NO CREDIT for returns.

Service is HORRIBLE - it is automated and you can't even get someone to talk to. I finally had to email them and tell them to call me. Again, they couldn't help, here is another number. Never could get anyone at that number - automated. You go around and around with them. Clothing was SHODDY - so thin you could see through it. I ordered the size I always wear and the shirts were at least 2 sizes too big. AWFUL!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Shame on them. I bought some clothing and when I checked out they asked for some personal info which I thought was for my bank card verification - but two days later I get a "platinum credit card" from them and find out that instead of billing my bank card they opened a line of credit and charged my purchase to it. When I tried to call to pay it off and close it - they told me I had to wait 2 days!!! So I closed the account and will pay it off in two days and never ever order another things from them. Bad news scam artists.

Woman Within is nothing but a money pit, they definitely know how to work the system, that's why they're in business. The customer service number you call on WW the boy {LIAR} I talked to told me he would remove $23.48 off my acct. A month later it was still on my acct. I called back about it and they told me they couldn't remove it. So I canceled my acct. out also. They won't get another dime of my money... Scams... I don't mind at all when they tell the truth to you, but I HATE a LIAR as they are. Buy clothes from a company you can trust, and this sure ain't the company. BEWARE of WOMAN WITHIN. Stay AWAY...

Consumer Increased Rating!

If I could, I would have left zero stars. The sizing is wacky. What fits in one style is huge or tiny in another (yes, I know there's variability in styles.) Even worse is return/exchange policy. I returned jeans and placed an order for exchange so I wouldn't get charged $7.50 for each exchange. I wrote down the prices from the website and the current code. Return: 44.22, exchange: 53.00. Instead I was charged $92 or full, non sale price for the items I ordered. I would have come out ahead paying the postage. They suckered me out of $40. What a racket! No more Woman within (or any of their other names) for me. Beware!!!

I ordered from this company and provided a shipping address that was different from my billing address. When I got my confirmation, they indicated they were shipping it to the billing address. I called right away, within a couple of hours. They said the order was already "processing" and they could not change it. The order was not going to be shipped for four days, but they could not change it!! I then asked to cancel the order, and they said I could NOT cancel! So my package will be delivered to our other address and no one is there. They said if and when the item is "returned" to them, they will give me a refund. Now I have to dispute the charge with my bank since I no longer trust this company. I order online all the time and have NEVER encountered such a problem. Do not order anything from them!

I just closed my account with them and will never buy from them again. I'm very unhappy with the way an annual beauty club membership was added last year, automatically renewed this year and the inability to remove this without contacting customer service. I accidentally signed up for the beauty club last year when it was added to the end of an order. This company tricks people into buying it because rather than the customer selecting it, they must UNSELECTED it in order to NOT be enrolled. After having this happen and then being automatically charged again, I will never purchase from them again. I've read similar complaints from others regarding the automatic beauty club enrollment, so it is not an isolated incident.

I have been ordering from Woman Within since early summer of this year & have had a lot of trouble. They advertise free exchanges but what they don't tell you is it takes about 2 months to get your exchange. I recently made two different orders by check totaling 6 items. They were out of four of them & said they would refund my money. One out of 6 would be acceptable but four out of six is not good business. So I wasted my time going through the catalog!

They used the excuse of Black Friday for running out. (All stores have a Black Friday.) This was winter clothing & winter has not even arrived yet. Plus it takes about 3-4 weeks for them to process your order. I told them to take my name off of their mailing list. (I got about 4 catalogs a week!) They are too concerned with getting an order from you but don't seem to care about filling the orders that are waiting.

First let me say, I am disabled that is why I order online. In NORMAL clothing, I wear a size 18 in pants. I ordered size 18 in jeans. Myself and my granddaughter could fit in those jeans. Instead of paying $7.50 to return EACH item, I gave them to a friend. Then I ordered size 14, BIG again, my God, am I shrinking? Gave those away. Then I ordered size 12. One pair fits perfect. The next pair is 2 inches too short, the next pair is 4 inches too long. Now keep in mind these are the SAME size, SAME style.

I think Woman Within is an IRREGULAR store trying to pass off as a REGULAR store. Anyone thinking about ordering from these FRAUDS, think again. They are never TRUE TO SIZE. A size 3x top could be used as a child's tent. I wear a size 3x top at NORMAL stores, but an xlarge at Woman Within. I will pay what I owe and wash my hands of this company and others connected with them and to stay active in letting people know about their quality of products.

Doesn't send refunds for returns. Ordered items. Returned 3 of them on Oct 2nd. Have had emails with Woman Within and they are blaming my bank; that they sent the money and my bank didn't post it. Bank never received it. Guess I fell for ordering merchandise and got the same result many, many others did. Don't recommend this company.

I bought a robe from this company and they shipped it without the belt. I contacted customer service in writing as I like to have these sort of transactions documented. Did not hear back. I contacted them again stating this was my second request and was told I would have to wait a month for a credit and to go ahead and send back the robe at no cost to me. Good thing I looked here first to learn that they charge you for returns. Waiting a month for a credit? Unacceptable. They could have just sent the matching belt but they refused.

Having worked in retail for years I know it does not take a month to issue a customer a credit. It takes minutes. There was also no need for me to return anything when they could have done a little research and sent me my missing item. They simply did not want to break up a set despite the mistake being their fault. This company thrives on ripping people off from the numerous negatives reviews here. Do yourself a favor, shop elsewhere.

I returned $86.00 worth of merchandise three years ago and have yet to receive a refund. I was in a car accident and had to have 4 surgeries and with all of the medical bills coming out of my pocket, I called customer service to see if I could set up a payment plan and was told they don't do that, so I paid what I could. My balance was $285.00 but I wasn't able to pay as much as they wanted, I went online to see what my balance was down to and I was unable to access, I called customer service and was told my balance was $856.00. When I asked how that could have happened I was told my account was in collections so they connected me with a collections officer who told me that the $50.00 a month payment wasn't enough and was considered nonpayment so late fees and large interest fees added.

When I asked why I couldn't access my account to keep tabs on my payments and balance I was told that I lost all privileges. They refused to send me an invoice monthly and I was told the same thing. No privileges allowed and I had to set up monthly automatic payments and nothing less than $78.00 per month which they have been taking out of my account for 7 months. I just checked my credit report and they turned in a judgment against me stating I owe $902.00 and that I haven't made any payments, I would like to know who is pocketing my payments. Through all of this they keep sending me around 8 catalogs a month, they should be fined for causing undue garbage and littering of our planet.

I kept telling them I would pay my account off once I received my settlement and guess what I will be receiving it shortly, so they need to realize that calling me a liar was uncalled for and unprofessional. I am concerned that once I pay them off that they might consider continuing taking money out of my account because they are not a trustworthy company. If enough people who have been mistreated, lied to maybe the company will take a big enough hit they may revise the way of treating their clients.

8/18 I received items I ordered and some pajama I did not request. 8/22 I called and was told just to return them and I would receive credit to my account. I received my statement and no credit reflected. I then tried to make online payment less the cost of the pajamas (96.17 minus 16.88 = $79.29). Their system would not accept this, on the min payment or the total $96.17. So I called 1-866-776-9859 and finally was connected to a live person. She advised me there would be a return fee on the PJs of 8.50 and now to make this payment they would charge me 9.00 in addition. I feel I should not have to pay for a item I did not order and why could they not apply the credit for the return. Also $9.00 to pay online, that is awful. I will never deal with any of their companies. This is unfair practices I think.

I had returned a top. Women Within's return rate is $7.50 and the process time from the post office through Women's Within shipping department takes an average of 10-14 days. For $7.50 charge and working in Logistics as my career 5-7 days for this price is average. At that time I went into my account to pay off the credit card, which was a payment of $11.50. I did not think anything else about this until I received a call in August to call Women Within about my account.

I got online and I had charges totally $46.00. I called immediately and they specified I had two months of late payments and another charge I did not understand. The late fees were $36.00. I asked about their process time and that is when I found out it is 10-14 days and the credit does not get credited immediately. I express my payment of $11.50 so I was not late one month. At that time she expressed that it did not automatically get credited the day I made the payment. I also ordered this top in April and did not receive this top until July. Since it was not in stock, and there was no communication on when or if this top was coming I thought it was canceled.

So four problems encountered with Women Within. Long lead-times on back orders with no communication, the return shipment has a process time of 10-14 days at a high cost and still takes time to get credited on the account, process of the actual payment and the high late fees charged. I just went in to get the order number and it is not showing up under my account information. The return tracking number is ** received 07/07/16. My customer number is **. They did one thing right per my request which was to close this credit card.

I had a zero balance on my "Full Beauty" account and received a bill for $19 for a "Woman Within Purchase - Catalog - Club Membership." I attempted to call the company and was transferred through four different levels - one automated and three discussions with representatives, after the automated system asked me at least 15 questions. I could not hear the representatives (the volume was really low, and I hear well). I told them I did not ask for such a membership and wanted it cancelled. The third representative cancelled it for me. I lost about 20 minutes of my life I cannot get back. I'm frustrated with their automated system, and I'm NOT happy with Woman Within... Not to mention the dozens of catalogs I get per month from the combined Full Beauty family (Lane Bryant, Woman Within, Romanns, etc.) I recycle them, but it's a waste of paper as I seldom order from them anymore.

I have ordered several times from WW. The first time, I was disappointed in their pants. I gave them another chance, and was so mad at the quality of their bras! Never again! Looks like I'm off to Lane Bryant for bras!

I have been very disappointed with their quality. Hadn't bought anything from them in years, so this was a surprise. However, as I opened my various accounts to pay the monthly bills, I mentioned to a friend on the phone that I bet Woman Within didn't get my payment processed from last month so they can add-on a late fee. Well, that part didn't change. Interesting how all my other payments go through every month regularly, and this Woman Within organization always has problems. They lost another customer, and I am spreading the word to my 65+ network.

Consumer Increased Rating!

At first, I loved the clothes I bought. However, less than 4 months since my order, only one of the five tops I ordered is still wearable. After normal use and washing, each has lost stitching in the seams. Hint: if you're going to charge 40 to 60 dollars for a shirt, at least make it to last a year. Never ordering from them again. JCPenney is half the price, and ten times the quality.

I've placed several orders and backorders are common. Unfortunately due to the slow processing I've had to cancel the order and buy elsewhere to get what I needed for the occasion I ordered the item for. I've been asked by email my opinion and I complained about two items that were pathetically made. Not a good review and no response to correct any of the issues. I've been waiting since April for a backorder which has now been extended to the end of July. I called to change our address, as we're moving, and the jerk on the phone said they couldn't change the address. I've cancelled the order and my account.

I just received my clothing today and the size was 3 sizes bigger than the USA sizes and the fabric is low quality. As I was making my one top smaller to fit me... I noticed the material pulling apart. I told my husband, must be from Taiwan or such country. Yep, when I looked at the tags, that one was from India and the other is from China. Will not buy from this low-quality company again. Shame on them!

After ordering, a message came up stating a 7.50 return fee but email said free returns. Sizes run small. Ordered their smallest size t-shirts just for working in as I figured they would be huge but were a normal size med/large. Sizes are not normal. High shipping charges. Deceptive return policy. Was not impressed.

Recently bought two items from Woman Within that had to be exchanged for color and size. I was charged $7.50 for the exchange (their size description did not accurately describe fit) and color was wrong on a second item. When exchanged items were processed for reshipping, the prices for both items were increased. They were bought on a sale and the sale price should have been honored on the exchanged. The difference was about $12 + the exchange cost. I will NEVER buy from them again and I suggest you don't either.

Woman Within Company Profile