3.8/5 (735 ratings)

About Woman Within

Woman Within Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I ordered items back on 5/3/2021. I received someone else's items on 5/7/2021 with their packing slip inside and contacted Woman Within right away. I sent back the wrong items I received. They confirmed they received the items I sent back. I followed up several times over 3 months asking where my refund was and all they keep replying is, "We apologize for the delay. Please let us know what items you returned so we can further assist you. Sorry for any inconvenience". That is after I sent them my order email and pictures of the incorrect items I received and the other persons packing slip (always take pictures before you return items). Never received my items I ordered or my refund I requested.

Woman Within response

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

This company lied and manipulated my 91 year old mother with dementia. They scammed her into getting a credit card for purchases made to the Woman Within catalog. All of the items were either not shipped or returned. They initially tried to give the money back as a credit for merchandise. When they were told to credit the credit card it was a back and forth between the clothing line and the credit card. This was months of battling back and forth with empty promises of things being resolved. We were told on multiple times that things would be taken care of.

And months of calls and promises ended with the credit card stating a return merchandise fee of $28.00 was not paid so they kept adding late fees even after two conversations with managers stating there was a zero balance. My mother a previous nun, who raised 9 children by herself after her husband tragically died with now dementia was left to pay $177.00 for no merchandise. She is on a fixed income and this was a financial hit. Anyone who can help petition Comenity Woman Within to help this lady get her money back. They got away with stealing $177.00 from a dying lady on a fixed income. This company makes me sick. She deserves a refund and an apology.

Woman Within response

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this does not happen again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I ordered a pair of boots in early December 2021 and was never received. My first contact with Woman Within via email was right after Christmas informing them that I did not receive my boots. Their carrier claims that my package was delivered on 12/10/21, and Woman Within asked that I check around my house and neighborhood for the package and attached an affidavit for me to complete. I live in a private house. I return the affidavit via email and USPS on 1/26/2022 after a full investigation into where my package may have disappeared to. I was told that once the affidavit is physically received in their office, they will begin the refund process because they cannot process the refund with the one sent via email.

On 2/5/2022, I sent an email querying if the affidavit was received and was told (via email) that they cannot see if the analyst received my affidavit and that I have to allow time for them to process and investigate. On 2/17/22, I sent an email asking how much time should be allotted for their analyst to investigate further and process my refund, and I was told in a reply email (2/18/22) that it would take two weeks, depending on when it was received. I will never purchase anything from them ever again. They are not customer friendly and the clothing is not even the best quality. Their timeliness in resolving issues is very poor. Please purchase elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

If you purchase in advance for a gift, you can not return or exchange the item after 60 days---no exceptions and they tell you to give it to charity. Do not buy from these brands. Sizing is not industry standard. A 4X is a @x at other sites.

Woman Within response

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I ordered 3 items for my mother on the Woman Within website and they were delivered to a wrong address. I tried to resolve the issue with "customer service" but they're like dealing with a drunk guy in a bar, combative, obnoxious and rude. Despite having the correct address listed for the delivery (located in your account information) the products were sent to an old address from several years ago. The new address had been updated long before this order was made and the specialist confirmed this over the phone.

Woman Within handled the situation like a petulant child saying screaming "It's your fault and we're not going to do anything about it." That's a quote from one of their employees. I laughed when they said this, in fact I told them they were a horrible ** company and I would like a call from her superior, which never came of course. I own several companies and the worst way to handle a customer in need of help is to finger point and be aggressive. You won't to problem solve like an adult and ultimately make the customer happy so they will return with more of their business... Makes sense right. Everyone on this site should get together and collectively expose this company for what it is. A middleman for cheap wholesalers who gouge customers, loses orders and charges for returns when they make a mistake. In my situation the bill certainly found the right address but the order for some reason got lost... Hmmm?

Woman Within response

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I placed an order from a catalog that offered free shipping and free returns. I returned the order but was charged 9.95. Was told I wasn't charged shipping to return but it was a service charge, very misleading! I've done this before without incident so I disputed it and 3 different people promised a credit which never came. The last person said to call PayPal. Paypal issued a courtesy credit right away. Woman Within lies and lets another company cover their dishonesty. Never again!

Woman Within response

We do offer free returns when you opt for an exchange, or for the non-expiring egift card credit. If you prefer a refund we do deduct the $9.99 return fee, or you can avoid the fee altogether and get a refund by using your own return shipping rather than our label. We do apologize if you felt this was deceptive. We will take a closer look at how we have the wording set up.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I returned items in one box with their smart label allowing 15 days for them to receive it so that I could get a refund. I kept calling and calling them and they said it wasn't there yet. Finally I get an email that said 4 of the items (out of 14) were credited back to me. I called and they said they received the items a month and a half after the day I took it to the post office (I have a receipt and tracking number). Now the 60 day return requirement was no longer valid! I asked for a supervisor and she gave me a number where I talked to another person who said their warehouse didn't have a status on the items yet. It looks like it is a dead end. The clothes they sell are hugely oversized -vanity sizing.

Woman Within response

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Inflexible return policy. Do not appear to care if we buy there. Return policy requires product to be in their hands in 60 days with no exceptions. All 12 brands are the same. Appears to be a holding company and does not care. Very poor response time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have made several purchases from this brand and family of brands over the last few years. This is my first time ever having to send something back. I sent a vest back for an exchange within the allotted amount of time and they kept the item for several weeks before sending it back to me denying the exchange because it was after the exchange window (it was not). I sent 2 emails which were never answered, I stayed on hold for 30 Minutes with CS before giving up so I tried the chat.

The chat was a waste of time. They regurgitated the exchange policy and acknowledged the day that they received my shipment to them (well within the 60 day window) and they had the audacity to say that now it was too late to exchange it (even though it was originally sent to them within the window and they kept it at their location before sending it back to me)…then they just hung up. It’s no longer worth it to me and the vest will be donated - but it will be a cold day in Hades before I ever patronize this company again. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE- Never again!! My warning is to be VERY certain that you will never need the “customer service” or the need to return/exchange an item before shopping here. Your best bet may be to look elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

1st and last time to order from them. I returned an item and had to contact them via chat (which is a joke in itself) to confirm my return. My tracking number showed they had received it 2 weeks before it was even acknowledged. I finally got a email but they sent an ecard not a refund as requested. In order to get a refund 9.95 is deducted from the total for a brand fee. Then I was charge $14.95 for some membership when all I wanted was free shipping. Once you fill out the form for free shipping rebate I guess you are automatically signed up for this membership. I had another 1.99 charge, I was told that the initial membership fee. OMG... Trying to get this all straightened out and the correct refund has and still is absolutely ridiculous. For a $50 pair of shoes, it has cost me almost $80 and I am hoping to get a full refund. We will see..

Woman Within response

Our return process explaining the free return egift card with the label and also the refund option less the $9.99 fee is described on the return information in the order, and it is also posted online. The Member Rewards is an optional offer at the end of the order, requiring your consent with email and card information to sign up. If you do sign up and no longer wish to be in the club, you can cancel at anytime at 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Consumer Alert! Unreliable and extremely poor customer service! The Full Beauty Brand-Woman Within online retail is not a reliable company to do business with. I placed a gift card order online on 12/13/21, then received a call on 12/15/21 from Full Beauty Brand office to confirm. I provided verbal confirmation and thanked them for the verification. However on 12/30/21 I learned the card was never sent. I called customer service but they could not explain and forwarded my call to business office that was closed for the next two days. I wanted my intended recipient to receive their gift so I went online on 12/31 and ordered an "E-Gift Card" thinking this would be sent within 24 hours…But No, it was not! 3 days later (1/3/22) it still was not sent. Now I had two orders stuck in limbo.

I called again and they said they don't release the Gift Cards until they verify…. Seriously, they verified the first order and but did not process and mail… Now the E-Card was stuck in a pending process too! After 6 calls and two transfers issue hopefully is resolved. But WHY did I have to encounter this. Consumers please save yourself the grief and frustration and find another online retailer. There are many good online companies but Full Beauty Brand-WomanWithin is NOT one of them. Hope this helps others.

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I bought 2 nightgowns for my mom, I receive a pair of shorts. I was told I could send the shorts back and as soon as they receive the shorts, they would send the nightgown and my card would not be charged again. I sent the shorts back ASAP. Then my card was charged again for the nightgowns. I called them, they said they received the shorts but that’s the policy, to charge the card again once they receive the return items in the warehouse (and send the new item). But, that my return could sit in the warehouse for weeks until it gets opened and inspected. Upon them opening my return, they will refund my money. My issue is that “what if I didn’t have the extra $35 for them to take out of my card?”… they don’t even care and their customer service reps, including the supervisors, are rude. They sent me the wrong item, I returned it. Now I’m sitting here with no nightgowns and 2 charges on my card.

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I received a Christmas card stating if I purchase $100 I would get $50.00 off. So I spent $174.00 and then after my transaction I was told, "Sorry you can't use the discount code WWPHMDEC" Because it was not their clothing it was a third party company. Nowhere does it say that on the card I received from Woman Within. I'm using their credit card Woman Within. So I called in and asked for a supervisor. The girl that answered transferred me to another person. She was so rude to me. Right as soon as she answered the phone she had an attitude with me. Didn't even care what I had to say. She was so quickly to get me off the phone. I told her to cancel my order. So fast she said okay. I also want to cancel my credit card with you. I've been a customer for 20 years. I can't believe with everything going on in this world how people treat customers. I so upset I cancel my credit card and will never shop with Woman Within plus size again.

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

My bank account shows that WW has been pulling $14.95 out of it several times this past month without my knowledge. My WW account says that they have sent emails to "null" about those charges. It seems that when I tried to use a discount coupon it signed me up for a membership that I did and do not want. I need them to stop drawing money from my bank account. There is no other info about a delivery of any kind so it's not a physical item.

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

They have no respect for people. I wish I could get clothes to fit me somewhere else because I would if I could. Hate having to give this un-empathetic company my money. At least it’s mainly only work clothes I have to order from these rude people (So I don’t have to order often).

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I ordered 2 pairs of leggings and a tunic for my wife. Not the first time that I have ordered from Woman Within. I've had an account for years. This last order I made online, they sent it to my previous address for some unknown reason. When I contacted them about it they informed me that they would not be refunding my money or sending me a replacement order. I went back to our old address that we haven't lived at for 4 years. The new tenants told me that they haven't received any packages. So now I'm out $76.00 because they screwed up and sent my package to a previous address. Oh and by the way their catalog have been coming to my new home for 4 years now. Their only words to me is that it's company policy to not issue a replacement order or a refund. It's their fault. Anybody doing business with this company should expect to be robbed because they are all crooks and thieves.

Woman Within response

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

There is no consistency in the clothing sizes. A large in one shirt might be a different size than a large in another shirt. Also, they have the worst return policy and are not willing to work with you, even during a pandemic. It took several weeks to get my order and several weeks to return. I went over the 60 days by two days and they still wouldn’t refund my purchase. I will never shop with them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Shipping $20 return $10 over $30 for just those costs. That took over 2-3 weeks for delivery and still waiting for refund which is now over 2 weeks. They do not care. Clothes were inexpensive poor quality. Really been a big disappointment and an expensive one. I ended up paying additional 25% in costs. Money I will never see. Please go someplace else.

Woman Within response

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I am writing this review from Australia. Last night I made an order. I realised a few minutes after paying that I made a mistake on size. I immediately rang the number to cancel or change the order. I did this within minutes. The number they gave on the site is a ROBOT answering machine. I rang 5 times and over and over gave the order number. The voice kept putting a zero instead of a 6....Over and over she got it wrong. Therefore I could not change it.

I wrote to customer care and they gave me a number for a real person telling me that 4 hours previously the order had gone through and it was too late to cancel. So I am paying $40.00 postage for something that is the wrong size. I had to reorder again this morning and pay again for the items and the postage. The company just said they were sorry but it was too late. It would not have been too late if they answering machine worked properly. I said the letters very clearly and it did not help. There is something very wrong here and unfair on customers. The company could not care less, Shame on you Woman Within!! Suzanne Australia and disappointed.

Woman Within response

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

To say you time, to cancel members reward call 1(877) 527-9948. Here's my story. I purchased an item from the Woman Within website. I was flooded with "sign up for this discount" and "XX% off your next purchase" pop ups including one that promised that my shipping for my purchase would be refunded if I signed up. It did tell me there would be a $1.99 fee for the first month and then $14.99/month. I thought, I will try it, at least for the first month. Once I signed up, I was not able to access the members reward in any way. It only took me to site that wanted me to sign up for a credit card. I searched for a number to cancel with no success.

I decided to use the chat function to ask for help. I typed "I want to cancel" and before I could finish, the chat function closed as unavailable. I tried several times with the same results.

Then I type "Check size" AND IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED WITH AN OPERATOR. I then told them I wanted to cancel the reward membership and they informed me that it was through a third party seller but did provide me the phone number (by the way, it's 1 877 527-9948). I was able to cancel, with much aggravation on my part, but I am quite sure that there are people who have unwanted an unaffordable memberships who can't figure out how to cancel.

Woman Within response

We appreciate you for expressing your concerns with us. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us improve our previous performance. If you would like to unsubscribe from the Member Rewards Program, please call 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I ordered a Christmas gift 11 months ago and just found out they have been randomly withdrawing 15 with no authorization. I have no online account so no way of stopping this. I tried chatting online and it won't connect me to an agent. What kind of scam are they running????

Woman Within response

It sounds like you subscribed to the Member Rewards Program. If you would like to unsubscribe from the Member Rewards Program, please call 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I ordered three swimsuits. They sent me a pair of pants, a shirt, and a throw blanket. I called and explained and all they seemed to care about was getting back the crap they sent me. They never apologized for their mistake. They first said I they had to receive their merchandise back before they could send my swimsuits. Then they said they could send the swimsuits now but they would have to charge me again since I have their merchandise (that I didn’t order). I talked to a supervisor and the best she could do was give me free expedited shipping for the reorder. So right now I’m out the money for two orders of swimsuits, none of which I have received, and I have to go stand in line at the post office to return the crap I didn’t order or they will charge me for them.

Woman Within response

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Clothes are great. Website not user friendly. Phone agents are usually friendly but cannot resolve your issue very well. Return policy is terrible. Your money goes to credit and then it’s hard to figure out how to use them. Returns take forever. Delivery of product takes forever. Adds giving 40% off are deceitful.

Woman Within response

We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Oh, boy. Where do I start? First when I ordered, I received an email saying my order was backordered. I requested to cancel after a while. That went through. However, I am very displeased. I'm STILL waiting for the pending charges to be dropped from my debit card. I've gotten in touch with Green Dot, I've been speaking to customer support here, but SERIOUSLY?? A WEEK & some days to wait for the money to be returned to my card?! UNBELIEVABLE. NEVER coming back to that site EVER again. You can say you guys were gutted like in the other bad reviews, but eh. I just want the money back on the card at the end of everything. -__-

Woman Within response

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I made a purchase using an advertised coupon offered at checkout. The "coupon" turned out to be a membership to a rewards subscription disguised as a coupon. They charged my credit card every month for membership fee. When I called to cancel and get refunded, customer service said they could only give me a partial refund because apparently, I had received rebate checks from Roaman's and Woman Within which I NEVER received. The website has no way to remove payment information. Customer service transferred me around 6 times and I got the run around every time. Predatory scam company. Do not buy from them!

Woman Within response

Thank you for your response, Ms. Jackson. We're very sorry this is happening, but unfortunately we do not manage the Member Rewards accounts ourselves as this is a third party club. If you would like to get in contact with the Member Rewards Program, please call 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I ordered several items. I returned all items except for 3. I made 2 payments to pay for the items. I received a bill for all the items. I call. I get bounced around to foreigners and one person tells me I owe $70.00. One person tells me I owe nothing. One person tells me I owe nothing. I am shredding my credit card. Oh yeah the things I sent back they resent them to me so I sent them back. Unreal. BUYER BEWARE.

Woman Within response

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

They grab you with a incomplete offer description at the top of the site. You are familiar with the look of the offer based on offers through other sites. There is room to put the words "Up to" 50% for using code, in offer location. That is only spelled out in the hidden details and once you start looking at items. Their magazine and online prices are different. So though it allows you to cross search using catalog information, the pricing shows different when the search box asks for code, but can never find it. So you search by catalog item description, and pricing is different. The discount offer is calculated off the original item price, though the purchase minimum requirement amount for the discount is calculated off of any lower price.

Although it says near a $50 dollar item, save up to 50% off, it will show another line saying that you save only $2. for example. If there is difficulty in getting software help to get all of this to sync up, or if there are so many variables in how you are marketing or different mobile phone capabilities, please don't use the time of the customer to sort through it. Your poor phone reps must be pulling their hair out, until they figure it out, and then you change it.

Woman Within response

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I responded to advertised sales from Roaman's and placed an order online. I was to receive 50% off entire order but when the total came up it did not give me the advertised promotion codes and allow the deductions. I was charged the full amount plus charged shipping that was not suppose to be charged on orders over 75.00. I cancelled everything but they sent the orders out to me anyway and charged me full amounts plus shipping. I called. I complained and nothing but "I'm sorry you aren't happy" notes. I refused the packages. They returned unopened to the company and now I am being billed shipping charges plus late fees on zero balance.

Woman Within response

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I placed a order and had expedite shipping for upcoming trip, the 10 pack of panties arrived opened and missing 2 pair, I called and they sent my call to a specialist, he assured me they would send me another package of panties and would have them in time for my trip, they didn't a.

Woman Within response

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

No longer crediting accounts for returns as they have historically done for all the years I purchased items from them. They now issue gift certificates and refuse to credit an account I'm trying to close. I've made multiple calls in the past including one last week when I was finally told my account was credited the full amount of the gift certificate. When I didn't see the credit on my transaction statement on the website, I called to inquire about this. They did not confirm or deny this happening. There was no explanation for why I was lied to about the credit last week even after asking them to repeat what they had done just to make sure I understood correctly that my account had finally been credited.

So today, after being forwarded back and forth between the credit department and order department 6 times (not including being hung up on twice while on hold), finally reached a supervisor about 2 hours later who said it's all my fault for not noticing this change. Don't recall being notified however it's easy to miss with the massive volume of marketing emails they and their affiliates send every week which I don't care about. Regardless, I am now forced to make one last purchase from a company I prefer to not do business with in order to get something out of this fiasco. The supervisor I spoke with was both condescending and rude. No customer service skills whatsoever.

I do not recommend doing business with these people or any of their affiliates (Romans, Ellos, Bryant Homes). I mentioned I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was told (in so many words), so what. The supervisor clearly is not concerned with any complaints filed with the BBB and likewise, is not concerned with fostering a good relationship with any established customers that might continue to do business with them. I was a little taken aback when I realized this supervisor is not concerned with her company's reputation.

After all this, I will never do business with these people again and I encourage anyone who might read this to do the same. It was a terrible experience. Returns should be credited. Businesses intent on keeping your money by only offering you the option to essentially exchange sub-standard merchandise that isn't sized as advertised for more sub-standard, mis-sized merchandise won't be doing business with me anymore.

Woman Within Company Information