1.6/5 (553 ratings)

About Woman Within

Woman Within Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: July 8, 2021

I placed an order and have been waiting for it to ship for 10 days now. It still has not Then Shipped. I called customer service and I get no real response except for they are sorry and processing is taking a link little longer than expected. They will not give me any estimated shipping date. I’ve always been a customer of his, love the product and their shipping but at this point I’m ready to give up on the company completely.

Woman Within response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience and will strive to do better.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Ordered an e gift card. Not delivered. Called customer service and was given an invalid phone number (10 digit phone number) to call to cancel. Tried to tell agent it was not valid phone, she refused to acknowledge or provide a valid number. Asked for supervisor told not in today.

Woman Within response

We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our business.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchased a blouse that was wrong size, I contacted WW and they told me what I needed to do to return blouse. I followed their instructions and now 3 months later after multiple attempts to talk someone about why I haven't been credited for my return I get the run around with no answers, Then when I try to go through automated system it continuously hangs up instead of letting you talk to anyone. Besides not being credited my other complaint is when you do order they are extremely slow getting it out.

Woman Within response

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 7, 2021

I would not recommend this company. Their clothes run way too big. They will not refund you when you have to send it back. You can’t exchange your clothes because you don’t know how big they will be. I sent my clothes that didn’t fit back on June 22 and called the next week. Customer service told me my return was received on June 25. I was told to wait about 7 days for refund to show up. I called today (July 7th). Now they are telling me they don’t have the order. THEY DO HAVE THE ORDER ….they said now it could be 6 more weeks to receive my order from UPS. That’s crazy….they deliver everyday. Would really like my money back? I would not recommend anyone to shop with this company. They need to be shut down. Doing this to people that are living on a budget and can’t get other clothes because they will not refund the money.

Resolution response: July 22, 2021

This was by far the worst experience. This was only resolved because the company finally shipped the product nearly 2 months after the order date. They did not reach out to me or try to resolve. This lame apology they made was after I received the product and the only communication. Stay away from this company.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I placed an order on 5/20. I have received some of the items but two did not ship. 2 weeks ago I cancelled one item but the other they told me would be in before July 1. Needless to say still not here. I emailed customer service, never got a response, and when I called today, I got little to no help. They merely said, it is in process to be shipped. It has been in that state since 6/25! I doubt it will ever ship at this point and I cannot seem to cancel or get my money back. My advice, just pass them by.

Woman Within response

Thank you for your review. We’e sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I placed an order on May 10, 2021. This was supposed to be my Mother’s Day gift from one of my sons. When I placed the order I had issues with placing the order. I had changed the address and for whatever reason it did not save the new address. The order was sent to an old address. Before they even shipped the order I called to let them know that the address was incorrect. They told me I had to wait until the order showed delivered to call them back and that I could do an affidavit and get this taken care of and get the items I ordered.

I called when the order showed delivered and was told that they were sending out the affidavit. Here we are a month later I haven’t received the affidavit or my order. I called and was told that they were going to send out the affidavit ( both times they said that it was being sent to the correct address). I talked to a supervisor and she said that I can’t do the affidavit because the items were delivered. I am now out about $152.00. I will not order from this company ever. This is just not good customer service. I was ripped off.

Woman Within response

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this does not happen again.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I placed an order beginning of June and still not here July 5, 2021. It shows shipped and has been sitting in Atlanta since 6/19, including USPS tracking number. No help at all from customer service, Covid or no Covid. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN and all catalogs will immediately be trashed.

Woman Within response

We appreciate you for expressing your concerns with us. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us improve our previous performance.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I have ordered from this company for years with good results though delivery time has gradually increased to almost unacceptable levels. The return policy is so cumbersome that the 2nd to last order I received I decided to donate the item rather than return it however this last order was incomplete. The items I received were great and what I expected however one $30 bra was not included even though the invoice said it was complete. I have been trying since May 15 (It is now July 5) to contact someone. There is no answer at their customer service phone line, the live chat is not working and 4 emails have only been answered with automated messages. I am done ordering from them. Good bye from a previously loyal customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars over the years with you. Very poor service.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I returned my order 30 days before the deadline. After waiting a month for my refund, I got an email saying I was getting a gift card. I called to resolve this and was promised a refund after proving they received my return in time via the tracking number. I waited 2 more weeks. I called again and had to talk to 2 more people. Half an hour wasted on the phone. 7 weeks from my return date, they are still promising a refund now. UGH. The clothes were cheap anyway, so NOT shopping here again. They also make you pay the shipping on the return. So this wins the prize for worst customer service I have ever gotten. There are much better places to shop. BEWARE!!

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 4, 2021

I have ordered at least two products from Woman Within. Very slow to ship. I do not like their "your account" system because it does not CLEARLY say an order is paid or not paid. If you get a super-bargain in your email-box, jump right on then and there because you are not given much time to respond. Well, I am going to 'fire' Woman Within soon and try another well-known company but will not name it (yet) because I have not ordered from them for a while and I want to be fair.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had placed an order in March which arrived in a few weeks missing back ordered items. The free back ordered item arrived a few weeks later. On June 14 PayPal was billed but no item. I was told it was delivered but since they had the wrong address I’m out of luck. They will not refund my money.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I ordered clothing, received order. The quality of clothing was so bad, cheap material, made cheaply. (I used to get decent quality clothing from Woman Within.) I sent the whole order back, now it has been more than a month and I can't seem to get my refund. Have called several times, always tell me my refund will show up in 5-7 business days. Not happening. I had to dispute the transaction with my credit card. I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!! Plus, their shipping costs are outrageous, and when I ordered, it advertised free shipping with minimum order, which I had. Still paid shipping, Terrible business!!

Original review: July 2, 2021

I purchased 2 items in April and when they arrived they were the wrong size. I returned them immediately with the provided prepaid label for the USPS. After a month of not hearing anything I filed a dispute for the charges that remained on my Paypal account, I called both Woman Within and Paypal and they both pointed the finger to each other...I received a letter from women within on June 9th stating they had processed my refund...but it never showed up on my credit card. Fast forward July 2nd still no refund, and the charges that Paypal credited on my dispute, were not back on my account as owing. The total amount was $176.07, the refund letter stated I would be getting only $117.00 as they kept almost $60 for "Refund fees"..

Do NOT do business with the company, they are shady at best....I fear I will need to go to small claims court to resolve this. I am not setting for $117.00...I will be compensated for the hours I have spent on the phone trying to make them do their job! And don't get upset with them, they threaten to hang up...IF anyone needs it the CEO of this company is Marcia Stone...She will be the next stop on my fight for justice... This company has many credit cards, don't get involved with any of them, they offer ZERO customer service.. I spent almost 4 hours being passed from one department to another and they said they are holding up my refund because I dare file a dispute with my credit card company.... BUYER BEWARE!!! I wonder just how much of what they are doing is actually legal...we shall soon find out...

Original review: July 2, 2021

May, 2021 I placed an order. First off it took 3 weeks to get. Then one item, a pair of women's bike shorts were BO'd. I was charged for what did ship. Finally, on June 10th the bike shorts ship. On June 16th a package arrives and I open it. Inside is a pair of men's slip on dress shoes with no receipt or packing slip. I call customer service and ask them to cancel the bike shorts (the need for them had come and gone) and I would return the shoes. The woman told me that she would cancel the shorts but because it wasn't my error that I could keep the shoes or send them back. Because I do not wear men's shoes I donated them to a homeless charity.

I just got my bill and there's the charge for the bike shorts. I just called to ask what happened and I get told I have to return the shoes. It is 7 weeks since I placed the order in the first place. I no longer have the packing slip from the first shipment or the actual shoes from the mistake shipment. I told the cust. service person and he said they cannot issue a refund without me returning the shoes. WHY did the first customer service person tell me something completely different???? I had already decided to do little to no business with this company based on the amount of time and expense of their shipping, but this incident just made me cancel my credit account with them and they will never see another purchase from me. It's criminal what this company has done to the goodwill of Lane Bryant.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I'm really tired of their clothes rarely ever fitting me especially when I go by their size chart! What really kills me is when you order two different colors of the same item and they both fit differently even though they're the same thing just different colors. You have to pay an exuberant price to have their clothes shipped to you and they rarely fit so then you have to send them back. What's worse is that I had to wait 3 weeks to receive my order and they say that it'll take about 3 weeks to receive and process my exchange and if it takes yet another 3 weeks to receive my new sized clothes then that's a total of 9 weeks!

By the time I get them (6 weeks total from now) there won't be a whole lot of summer left. Truly frustrating and disappointing. Also, I ordered 7 items and nothing fit! I order clothes from Kohl's and Maurice's and I usually get my order in 4 days so WW can't use the excuse of Covid-19 for late shipping. And how can they justify their shipping prices? I'm going to pay off my WW credit card and close it and never shop there again.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I have purchased from WW for years but that all ends now. Their customer service was totally inadequate and I was lied to a number of times. Word of warning:

1. Don't place an order without double checking your cart. I had an item from another Fullbeauty brand show up on my WW order.
2. It will take you at least a half hour to get to anyone at customer service.

3. I was told the order could not be canceled (found out later, it could since I called right away), that return postage would be covered (it wasn't), and that there were no notes on my account from previous calls (they were as "Ray **" finally admitted but he was not going to honor my previous promises). They are good at being dishonest.

DO NOT deal with them. Sadly, this company has gone downhill.

Original review: July 1, 2021

June 25, 2021 I place an order with confirmation it would be shipped and delivered within 7-10 business days. Charged $19.99 for shipping and now product is delayed. Unable to reach anyone to cancel the order. I was on the phone for more than three hours and on chat for 45 minutes and still no results. Customer Service closed chat while I was trying to send message.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I recently made my first and only purchase from W.W. should be Thieves Within. Spend over X amt for free shipping. Did not qualify bc 4 items had to be backorder. Who knew. Called the C.S.female not good with English. She lied to me twice. Told me I did not type correct free shipping code then after I received partial order her reason was due to being backorder. Finally got a supervisor. She let me know sorry but it's the rules. Will give you 40% off next order will NOT be next order. I will begin to check business reviews before ordering.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I do love their product, however, when you pair that with 3 weeks or more to ship something. Shipping backorders separately and charging you more for shipping. Changing the price of everything I order from the catalog price to who knows where they got the price from (at times in excess of 10 dollars more)...and I returned an item, and got back only a fraction of what I was charged and that on a "gift card". 7.93 for a shirt that I paid 23.99 for. I just ordered another shirt from the catalog that is listed at 12.99, they changed the price to 17.99, This to use my "gift card". After this last order price switch, I am done. I will never do business with this company or its affiliates again and I would suggest to anyone looking to order from them to find another company to order from.

Original review: June 30, 2021

On June 24, 2021, I placed an order. As of June 29, 2021, it still hasn't been shipped! When placing the order, I was supposed to get $20 off if I applied for the credit card. I was accepted and when trying to place the order the discount wasn't being applied as promised. I called. Got 3 different people. I got a CSR that I could understand and hear. He said I was to get $10 off of this order and then a $10 certificate would be mailed to me for future use!! What a gimmick! Then he gave me a code to use for free shipping. I placed the order and no free shipping. Then I get an email stating that I qualify for free shipping on my order. But I have to sign up for something for free for 30 days then it's $1 a month! SCAMMERS!!

Everything that was supposed to happen didn't! Including my items being shipped in a timely manner!! I called and was given the hoopla about the pandemic and such. I am sympathetic but this is not something that I believe right now. The U.S. is pretty much back up and running. This is terrible service and from the reviews that I'm reading, I'm not alone. I will NOT be using Woman Within EVER again! Once the card arrives in the mail I will pay the bill, as long as I have my items, and cut that card in itty bitty pieces!!!!

Original review: June 29, 2021

In early May I ordered some bras from WW and received them probably mid-May. I didn't like the fabric so I returned them that same day. I received a statement in the mail today which included a late fee and didn't show my return. I spoke with customer service and they acknowledged that they received my return on May 25 but it had never been credited. She told me she would credit $48.02 and I asked about the late fee. She transferred me to the credit department who said they don't see any credit applied and she can't remove the late fee. This is a very short synopsis of a call that took an hour between transfers. Their "service" is not helpful and the last lady I spoke with was very rude. I will never give business to WW again!!!

Original review: June 29, 2021

I placed my order on June 15th. They took 2 weeks before my “in stock” items were even shipped. I received a package with my name on it to my address today June 29th. When I opened it up the items in the package were definitely not what I ordered not to mention 2 sizes too small and hideous. I took out the shipping slip and it was somebody else’s slip entirely. I live in Michigan and this order belongs to someone in California. I called customer service and they said to use the shipping label to send it back. I then asked about my order which has already been deducted from my bank account. To this they said that shows it’s already been delivered. They don’t seem to understand that yes I got the delivery but it was not my order.

I even gave them the invoice number of the order I did receive. In which they confirmed was suppose to go to the Customer in California, but they won’t refund my order because tracking shows it was delivered. However tracking can’t show that the correct order was in the package. So fine, good return it with the enclosed shipping label is what they say to do and they will then refund my order. However the return label is in the name of the customer in California so they will receive her items back and refund her account and I still don’t have my shirts or a refund for anything in my name. It’s a ** show and I will never order anything from here or their affiliated companies again including KingSize which until now is where I shopped for my husband. TERRIBLE SERVICE. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 29, 2021

I thought I would try to order from this company. Once my order was placed, it took over a month to arrive. I opened the package and was disappointed in the 3 items I purchased. I decided to return the items. WW provided a return label. I mailed the package on June 7 and am still waiting for my refund...3 + weeks later. Tracking number was submitted to USPS, the carrier, and indicates the package was returned. I called customer service and first was told they have not received the package. After speaking with a supervisor, she was able to locate the package and INDEED it had been returned and received 6 days after I first shipped it back. She immediately provided me with a credit to my account. While her customer service was very good, I am overall disappointed with the company and will not order again from them.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I placed an order on June 8th.. The company received full payment.. Shipping as well.. I FINALLY received the items on June 29th and it is missing one item! Their shipping manifest said it shipped out, which is not the case... The order number is #** and the item #0537-06955-9999 white 3x... I then went to call customer service.. Spoke with a VERY RUDE gentleman who could barely speak any English.. Asked to speak with a supervisor whom he would not put on the phone.. Then placed me on hold for a "specialist" where I said waiting for over an hour!! If this is how this company conducts biz.. they won't stay in biz very long.. I will be reporting this to my bank because they did receive full payment.. as well as the Better biz bureau too.. Customer service should not be this difficult once a company GETS PAID and sends out incorrect items.. Be very leery of this company.. They make it EXTREMELY hard to get in contact with!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have been a Woman Within customer for several years, I placed an order on 6/18/21 & it stated still processing so today 6/28/21 I called Customer Service & the order still had not shipped. CSR stated it takes 14 days to ship??? It will not ship until 7/1/21 supposedly. Woman Within use to ship out within 2 to 4 days generally & I would have it within 3 to 5 days later by USPS, they have it posted that there are delays in orders using the Covid excuse which is lame and shipping delays but with their shipping charges having increased astronomically I would think shipping would be processed a lot faster! For 2 items the total was $23.96. They charged me $8.99 in shipping and now it is taking me 14 days to have it shipped...

I enjoy the clothes although the sizes vary from time to time since they are made by different foreign countries which are larger than when I ordered before and they have discounts but they also increase the prices online when they advertise discounts so they are really not on special. Generally only clearance items are truly discounted but they have even increased the prices on clearance items also...but with the lack of shipping quickly & the high shipping prices this will be the last time I order...even though I love their thermal shirts! Not a Happy Camper!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I placed and order for an item on June 6th, 2021. As of today, June 28th, 2021 I haven't received it. According to my "order number" it wasn't shipped until the 17th which is almost 2 weeks later and now it's almost 2 weeks ago since THAT has been shipped and NO package. This is beyond subpar service. Warning: Beware Woman Within!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I have placed my last order ever with Woman Within. I will no longer be doing any business with them. I ordered 2 items on June 6th. They took my money on June 7th. Today is June 27th and I have still not received my order. I sent two email inquiries because the tracking information they provided said that my order had been delivered to Monroe, NJ. I live in Middleton, MA. I received no feedback from either of my inquiries.

Today, I decided to make a phone call to their customer service department. A representative by the name of Joey answered. He had a very thick accent and I had an extremely difficult time understanding him and had to ask him several times to repeat what he had said. He seemed very annoyed. He was able to let me know that my order was delivered to a USPS facility in Monroe, NJ and was now on its way to another USPS facility and that I would receive it in another 8-12 days!!! Are you kidding me?! I thanked Joey for the information, but told him I was very unhappy with the level of customer service that Woman Within provided and that I am done with Woman Within. They have no trouble sending countless numbers of ads for their products, but can't even answer my emails. Terrible company.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I ordered 4 pkgs of briefs. The wait to receive them was extremely long. Finally I received the package. I was sent 3 pkgs of briefs and one enormous black bra even though the packing slip stated 4 briefs. I called customer service, and was told I had to send them back using their shipping label in the package. Their free label would cost me $9 to use. Then I could get a refund on an e-card for their store which I will never use again. Or I could reorder the briefs for $3 more a pkg because they were no longer on sale. Also I used Paypal and they do not accept returns from paypal, you must deal with the company.

I was not happy and I asked the agent why I had to pay for a packers mistake. I was sent the wrong item. It was not my fault and I was being charged for their mistake. Finally the agent said she would transfer me to another help line. I was on hold for 46 minutes listening to how my call is important to me when I finally hung up.

I have never had such difficulties with any other store if I needed to returns something. Obviously there was no one going to take my call. I feel I was grossly mistreated by putting me on another line. I'm out some money, short on my order, and have a bra I cannot wear. Woman Within has you trapped into their policies. Nowhere did I see any refund policy before I ordered. Extremely poor customer service and lousy store. I was very upset. You also cannot leave them an e-mail more than a few lines. This company has their butt covered, and no concern for the satisfaction of their customers.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: June 26, 2021

I'm in my 3rd week of my order (1 robe) being in "Not Shipped" status. The order tracking says it is "in processing". I called to have the order canceled because I had already bought another one elsewhere. I was told the order could not be canceled since it had been processed. But according to their website it said it was "processing" and "not shipped." They basically stole my money because I ordered and paid in good faith but the product was never received and was told I could not get my money back. I recommend anyone and everyone go elsewhere.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: June 25, 2021

I never write reviews, but this company is so bad I forced myself to do this. I ordered a swimsuit more than a month ago, it has not arrived yet, they keep the cost of the item as "processing" in my bank account so that the money cannot be used for anything else and it cannot be blocked or charged back since it has no gone through yet. I called customer service since they would not respond to emails, the lady in china told me there is not option to cancel and she does not know when it will ship, that I would have to send it back after I received it, in the mean time, they continue to hold the money.

This company is a scam, it's horrible and I will be asking the FTC if how they are doing it is legal, I KNOW you have to be able to cancel something, I also KNOW they cannot charge you until it ships, this is the reason they lock the funds up in a "processing" status, to get around the law on not charging you until it ships. But I will send it back, I will give them 5 days to refund my money or I will be charging it back. Do not buy from this company.

Woman Within Company Information