3.7/5 (749 ratings)

About Woman Within

Woman Within Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I placed an order and it was shipped to my former address which I have not resided in over 15 years. I placed serval orders in past. All have come to my correct address as well as bill. I called them their response was to check address and that there was nothing I can do. Lastly that I was responsible for the products order even though I didn’t receive it. Very unfortunate. I now have to purchase the items elsewhere.

Woman Within response

Hello Lydia, We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please send us a private message with your order number, email and billing zip code for further assistance.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Returned merchandise and attempted to get cash refunded. Refund put on Women Within credit card. Told I can't get my money back. 2nd bad experience with this company and their bank - Comenity bank. First time I had to jump through hoops to prove I had paid for my purchases. Will NEVER do business with them again.

Woman Within response

Hi Denise, If your original payment method was the Woman Within card then the refund goes back to that original payment method. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 11, 2022

I would not recommend doing business with Woman Within. One package I had refused delivery on a duplicate order & they refused to refund it because I didn’t do a return which they would have charged me for. Then I had an exchange where they had no more in stock so they charged me for the return after already charging me once so I paid double for a product I never received! They are thieves. The products are nice but the returns & exchanges and customer service is a scam. This is not how you do business with people, never again will I buy from them!

Woman Within response

Hello Bobbie, We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please send us a private message with your order number, email and billing zip code for further assistance.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 7, 2022

I bought a pair of shoes but due to the fit, I returned my purchase immediately, unworn and in good condition. Instead of store credits, I opted for a refund which could, as the receipt link to their online Customer Service page stated, incur a return fee of $10.99. Two weeks later, I discovered they deducted $21.89 from my refund. The online Agent told me that I was not charged the $10.99 return fee, but was instead charged the original cost of postage, $19.99, which is not reimbursable. I asked where in the posted online return policy I could find that condition, because I wasn't seeing it. He said the return policy he quoted was stated at the time of purchase at the bottom, it turns out, of the same receipt that has the Customer Service Returns link.

I would think that a full, non-conflicting version of their return policy would also be available for customer review at the RETURNS information site they linked to, however, having no desire to argue this point with someone who cannot effect change, I asked what I thought would be a logical question. How did the $19.99 original postage become $21.89? His answer? They charged tax. On postage. Of course they did. Never again.

Woman Within response

Hi V., We are sorry that the item did not work out for you. Our return policy does explain that the original shipping fee is non refundable. Below I have included the link where you can see under the return policy tab.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 2, 2022

The clothes at Woman Within look great and have low prices with durable quality. However, getting them is extremely difficult and, if your order is messed up in any way, don't expect them to make things right. I tried to order online from a catalog I received. Just getting the right codes in the right boxes can be an exercise in endurance. Then, the site would not accept my address and would not tell me why. I called their 800 # and got the first and last intelligent agent I ever talked with. I just let her access and place the order for me. She assured me she had fixed my address and I would have no trouble ordering next time.

The second time I tried to place an order, it soon became apparent she had fixed nothing. The site still rejected my address. I called CS FIVE times! That was 4 CS agents, 1 supervisor, and one hour of my time I will never get back. Each agent became highly confused when I explained the website had a problem with my address. All I wanted was to take care of the problem so that I could order by myself. All they wanted to do is place the order for me. I had two of them tell me that they had taken care of the problem, but since my order continued to not go through and could not tell me what the problem was, nothing was solved. I was crying in frustration by the time I got off the phone.

Finally, I figured out on my own that there was a character in my address line that their site did not accept. I finally placed my order myself. But why couldn't they tell me that there were certain characters that their site did not accept in an address line? Why did each person I talked to act as though they did not know English when it was their first language? I did my best to enunciate and spell, even breaking down the letters for each agent. The first agent I talked to could not get past my zip code. We gave it a try five times, but the poor guy could not seem to understand past the first three numbers.

It took almost four months and many catalogs to be enticed to try ordering again today. This time, I managed to get what I wanted in my bag. But, when I went to check out, they would not honor the free shipping with orders over $65 as advertised on the catalog. No matter how I put in the codes, it continued to add shipping. I called the 800# again. The first time, the agent said I was cutting in and out (after I explained my problem). The second time, the agent put me on hold, then came back and said something about putting in the codes. I told her I had put in the codes, but the site was not honoring it. She started in on something where it sounded garbled, I asked her to repeat, but she just kept on. She hesitated slightly, so I know she heard me. So I said, "Thank you" and hung up.

I tried calling a third time. This time, I explained to an agent and she put me on hold. Then, an automated voice came on the line to say Woman Within was closed, call back tomorrow. They didn't even let my call be finished! When I get done here, I will try once more online and, if that doesn't do it, I will give up and go somewhere else where there is actual customer service and they want my order.

Woman Within response

Hi Pamela, We appreciate you for expressing your concerns with us. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us improve our previous performance.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: June 22, 2022

Dealing with this company has been nothing but a nightmare. Do not waste your time or money with this company. They have the worst customer service ever and they will not stop charging me!! I ordered 2 pairs of shorts for my daughter for 8.99. I received ONE PAIR, and have now been charged almost 50$!!! I cannot get a decent rep to speak with, they have never emailed me confirmation of anything, but I get a million promotional emails a day from them! This company needs to be put out of business. Period.

Woman Within response

Hi Michelle, We apologize we apologize for any inconvenience. A private message has been sent to you.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I ordered a couple of items from Woman Within and called customer service which was a nightmare, had not received my order and customer service kept calling me miss and when I told her to cancel my order she said it was already at their warehouse to ship and the order could not be cancelled. It took over three weeks to receive. I placed a second order and applied for a Woman Within credit card because it offered discounts. The discount codes would not work online and I paid in excess of the advertised price.

On my third order, I just really got perturbed because one of the items was supposedly on backorder and could not be considered for the discount price. I learned this only after calling the customer service department. Yet the item above was on the same invoice and arrived at the same time as the rest of my order. At this time I decided I was done. Wrote Woman Within to cancel my inhouse credit card and I returned 3 pair of pants I had ordered. I paid the balance due on my account if full less the items returned.

Then the second nightmare began. I had closed the account and paid the balance I owed, should have been the end of the story. This happened in September, 2021. From September to March of 2022 I had numerous correspondences with Woman Within and Comenity Bank. My account continued to be charged interest and late fees for this absolute crap. Finally settled with Comenity bank last of March for $35. Immediately received another bill from Woman Within for over $4 in interest and I had to call Comenty Bank again to get the charge removed.

This is not a reputable company and has substandard merchandise for which they charge a high price. They advertise discounts which they will not honor. I will never purchase from them again and I cannot recommend anyone else do so either. I have read the company responses to many of these reviews and it is an absolute lie. Customer Service is not important to them and they do not even try.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Don't ever shop here and return, you will be waiting forevvvvver. I returned items to them in May. I followed the tracking number to them but they still keep saying it's being processed. What is going on. Every time I call, they say, "Give it 5 more days."

Woman Within response

Hi D, we apologize for any delays you experienced. We have sent you a private message.

Original review: June 14, 2022

This company had hidden fees. I was charged $16.95 on my credit card which I thought was for a backordered item. I called to get a tracking number and found out this charge was for a membership in their 'reward' program. To my knowledge I never signed up for that. However when I clicked on "free shipping" I was automatically enrolled. I never got free shipping. I paid over $23 for shipping on my total order. When something didn't fit I had to return it and paid shipping for that as well. They do nothing FOR the customer but it's all about them making money for THEM!! I will not do business with this company again. I do not recommend this company. They are horrible with hidden fees and shipping!!

Woman Within response

Hi Joyce, Woman Withing does not sign you up automatically for the rewards program. You are prompted to enter credit card information to sign up for the members rewards.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: June 10, 2022

Ordered 2 items end of March. A blizzard of marketing material started flooding in. Catalogs galore. Got wrong item eventually. Called, sent it back. Was then credited wrong amount! Called again and was told they couldn’t credit me for shipping!! Even though it was their mistake! They kept charging my Bank acct! Finally they sent 1 correct item in May. Never sent other item! Had to call again to find out why they took more money out. Got rep ‘Sherry or Cheri.’ Very sweet but limited in what she could do. Next call, got a guy who never gave his name & was beyond rude! Refused to let me speak with a manager!!! Claimed he couldn’t see all the charges to my acct! Called back AGAIN! Now I’ve spent over 1.5 hours trying to correct this mess. Got Anna. She was helpful BUT she said it’s their policy to only refund partial shipping cost (even though I paid separately for shipping on correct item). Total nightmare. Do not buy anything from them!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I placed two orders back in March and and subsequently had some health issues and got married. All within the next month. I forgot all about the orders I placed. Next thing I know I'm receiving 16 calls A-day from creditors saying I did not pay my bill. I never received the order and never received any bill from this company. I tried calling customer service but could never get through so I tried chat. After about 30 minutes an agent came on and told me there was nothing I could do. The order was too old. I asked to talk to a supervisor and about 30 minutes later again he came back and said there were no supervisors available and I would have to call and signed off. I have been trying to call for 2 days now and have not been able to get through to anybody. Now I am stuck paying almost a $100 to stop these creditors from calling me and ruining my credit report. I am through with this company and the credit card they use.

Woman Within response

Hi, we're very sorry you experienced this. Comenity Bank is a separate entity. Please call toll free at 1-800-695-0195, Monday through Saturday, 8:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., EST. An associate will be happy to assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I ordered ONE TIME and was signed up without my permission for Women Within Rewards program. I didn't even know what it was when I called to cancel it. Do not do business with this company unless you want to be ripped off for $14.95 a month.

Woman Within response

The Member Rewards is an optional offer at the end of the order, requiring your consent with email and card information to sign up. If you do sign up and no longer wish to be in the club, you can cancel at anytime at 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I purchase an item for $20.65 from Woman Within some time ago. I recently found out that they have been billing me automatic payments without my consent or knowledge ever since. It is really a fraud and I plan to speak with my bank and get every penny back.

Woman Within response

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this does not happen again. You may have subscribed to the Member Rewards Program. If you would like to unsubscribe from the Member Rewards Program, please call 1-877-527-9951 or email CustomerService@FullBeautyMemberRewards.com.

Original review: May 25, 2022

To be honest, I ordered from them & it was okay. Until, this year in January I ordered two items & one I received the other one I paid but it was backordered & no notification before purchasing that the item is a back order it would be nice, NO! Anyways, after paid for it, it said on my receipt it will send out in May 01, 2022. So, came May nothing send out. I called & the guy said it's not ready it will send out in June. So, 2 days from there I received an emailed said to confirm that I still want the item & it will be sending out in June 30th. Unbelievable. Today, I got an alert from credit card that Woman Within charged my card without me purchasing an item. So, I called them, I got transferred 7 times. Frustrating because too much going on with this company. So NO! I will NOT recommend this company to anyone. I will have them refund back my money.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 24, 2022

Talk to people in the catalog department and was told I would receive a catalog in 7 days of request, four times in year 2021, and one time this month the year 2022. I would order something but never received catalog to order. Sincerely Frustrated and disappointed.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 23, 2022

Be ready that you will not receive a refund until you will not spend a month calling customer service requesting your refund. Without constantly requesting a refund you might not receive your money back. Finally, they will return your money but charge you a fine for the return. Never, ever buy from this company.

Woman Within response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience and will strive to do better. We do have a return fee of $10.99 for any returns requested as "refunds." Egift card credit returns are free of the fee, as well as any returns for refunds with an exchange request.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I purchased a beautiful dress from Woman Within. Cost approximately 60.00. I wore it three times. After the second wash on delicate cycle, the fabric ripped from just below the seam. I contacted customer service and explained to them what happened. Unfortunately they are not willing to bend their policy for poorly made fabric in exchange to keep a customer. All I asked for was a store credit and I am certain I would have spent an additional 200.00 or more. All they could offer was a discount code (which I get every day in my email account). It’s very unfortunate that companies do not stand behind their product, much less their name. Perhaps they should change their name to Women Without.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 16, 2022

Save yourself a huge headache, do not order! Never received order, instead of just sending the item back out I was told to call and re order and they would honor the sale price at the time of the original order, as it was not on sale anymore. However, upon calling, they refused to honor the price. I can honestly say this company has the worst policies and customer service of any retailer that I have ever shopped. Past problems include using the worst shipping company (Pitney Bowes). Waiting weeks for orders that were shipped a mere 3 hours from my home, borderline illegal return policies, including issuing a merchandise credit without even asking. No thank you. I don't need to place another order so that you can find new ways to lower the customer service bar. Done with them and I suggest you run the other way, their cheap clothes are not worth the headache.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 12, 2022

FRAUD Alert! This Company, Woman Within, defrauds senior citizens! I bought ONCE two tops, for about $24.- last December and Woman Within kept debiting my account MONTHLY for $16.38 without my permission. Watch out. Never accept free shipping because if you click on that they will presume you signed up for something called 'rewards' which they think gives them the right to withdraw $16.38 a month!!! Shameless thieves were debiting my bank for 5 months! Customers pls go check your bank statements!

Woman Within response

Original review: May 10, 2022

Woman Within has been absorbed along with Roaman's by OneStopPlus. On the OneStopPlus site it indicates that if you are a member of the Shoppers Club, shipping is $2.99. Last night, I was planning an order and the site indicated that shipping was $5.99. I called, requested the $2.99 shipping, declined. Followed up with an e-mail and the response was "that's not going to happen, so sorry". After being a customer for over 20 years, this was shocking. The deception on the site and the service was terrible. Apparently you have to place the order and then if you find a problem you have to call and request the correction, they refused to help by placing the order with the corrected shipping cost. This is not about the $1, it's about honesty and customer service, both lacking in this company.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 9, 2022

I ordered a pair of shoes and they were not good quality and would not stay on. I returned them using the enclosed label and can see they were received via the tracking number with UPS. When I called to see where my refund was on my Woman Within credit card I was told that I sent them to a 3rd party company and I needed to contact them. I explained I used the return label in the box and my credit card was charged and there is not even a phone number to call? They did not care. This is unbelievable to me. Why would I not use the label that was sent to me to return the item. This feels like a racket and I spent 18.00 to make the return on top of the purchase. Bad service and poor quality from Woman Within.

Woman Within response

Original review: May 4, 2022

I purchased a posture bra and ordered the same size I alway wear because it said true to size. When it came, it was WAY too big so I called to get return shipping label. They only refunded me price of bra...without tax or shipping and it was as a gift card, not refunded to my original form of payment. Refund policy says "full refund" and "no return shipping cost"...LIES!!! Then when I contacted customer service to say I wanted refund to original form of payment and not gift card, they said I would have to wait till I got gift card and then change...RIGHT!!! Like they're really going to do that. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY and if I could have given 0 stars, I would have!!!

Woman Within response

Original review: May 3, 2022

S&H is ASTRONOMICAL! Bought a $42 pair of shoes. Tax, S&H came to $63! They were to be an 8 1/2 M. My toe came to the tip and was narrow. I had to stretch them. Some items are over priced but other than that and S&H love the clothes. Don't order much because of this. Also to get in touch with CS is a joke - need to do a lot of research to find a number. I didn't get a packing slip either. Again, nice clothes on a couple things I did get. Would order a LOT more if they lowered S&H.

Woman Within response

Original review: April 29, 2022

Company allows return up to 60 days. But, they required that they receive the item by day 60 (not that customer initiate return by day 60). Their return agent takes so long to deliver item to them that return item doesn't get to them by day 60. Then, they keep your money and your merchandise. Avoid this scam company.

Woman Within response

Original review: April 26, 2022

I ordered an outfit for a wedding. I paid $22.99 for shipping. Once I opened the package, the items were of such poor quality I didn't even bother trying them on. I went through the return process online and was not surprised that shipping wasn't included in the refund. However, unless I wanted a gift card as a refund, I would be charged $11.99 to have my money returned to my original form of payment! Basically, I just wasted almost $35.00 to look at some clothes for less than 5 minutes. There is no way I would accept a gift card as a refund based on the policies and quality of the company. Shame on this company!

Woman Within response

Original review: April 20, 2022

My return label was thrown away so I had to reprint my invoice, I called to check on the return label. I was told not only did I have to pay for the return but had to pay for the refund and reorder to pay for new items. Seeing how exchanging the items will be way more than what I purchased, I will take a hard pass.

Woman Within response

Original review: April 17, 2022

I ordered sweaters on 11/15/2021. When I did not receive them by 12/08/21, I emailed the company and was informed that the sweaters were delivered on 11/24/2021. I check my front steps every day for mail and/or packages and the package was not there. Perhaps stolen from my steps or delivered to the wrong address. Either way, there is no proof that it was delivered to my address, as there were no pictures of the package at my address and I did not receive a text message or email on 11/24/2021 that the package was delivered. I was informed that I needed to fill out an affidavit proving non-receipt of the package, which I filled out and mailed by USPS to this address: Customer Relations Analyst, 500 Mesa Hills Drive, El Paso, TX 79912.

However, I did not realize that I should send it by registered mail so there would be proof that I sent it, because I have never been distrusted to the extent this company has gone. I then filed a dispute with their bank, Comenity Bank. Waited until 04/02/2022 to receive a letter from the bank denying my dispute and holding me responsible for the $79.97 plus any accumulated late fees, for items I never received, whether stolen from my front steps or delivered to the wrong address. On 04/02/2022, I emailed Woman Within Customer Support regarding the bank's letter and was informed by Jesse and Samantha that my affidavit was never received and because so much time had elapsed, the sale was now final and could not be reversed.

Today, 04/17/2022, I received an email from Woman Within that I owe $108.97, due 05/10/2022. I will NEVER order anything from this unreliable company again. And I am extremely insulted, as a long time customer, that they do not believe me. I suppose I will be stuck paying their fees so my excellent credit will not be ruined. But I would much rather pay the $108.97 to a charitable cause instead of this disreputable company.

Woman Within response

Original review: April 14, 2022

Horrible service. I placed 2 different orders March 14. One of the orders was sent to Pitney Bowe's processing center March 17 with no movement since, label created but not turned into postal service yet. Other order has no updates at all, not even an order number. I have opened disputes with PayPal requesting a refund and waiting on resolution. I will never order from any of their catalogs again. I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered.

Woman Within response

Original review: April 6, 2022

I ordered an e gift card online and received a confirmation. Nowhere online did it indicate it could take 3-10 days for the e-card to be sent. I called customer service and was told I had messed up and ordered a physical gift card. I told customer service that I had an email showing it was clearly an e card. I offered to send them a snapshot or forward the email to them. They could have cared less. I asked them to cancel the order and they said they could not. I told them that it was their mistake not mine. They were very rude. I even talked to a manager who was very rude. I don't know where they are digging up these reps and managers but they could care less about customer service. I will never order or have any dealings with this company again. Now I know why they have an overall rating of 1. Save yourself the stress and order from another company.

Woman Within response

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered four pair of pants in August 2021. Two pair went sent to me in October 2021. I received emails in October 2021 and December 2021 and February 2022 continuing to state order has been delayed. Ordered was received March 2022 and did NOT fit. When I tried to return, I was informed I should have returned last October 2021. Any refund of item was refused by this disreputable company. Never trust these folks, they lie to cheat you. I was tolerate of their extreme tardiness of delivery and this company used their tardiness as a way to cheat me.

Woman Within Company Information