1.23/5

293 Woman Within Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

I enjoy the quality of Woman Within’s merchandise. But their customer service reps are the most unhappy, snippy people I’ve dealt with in a long time. They must be poorly paid & badly mistreated. I tried to order online but the coupon code wouldn’t apply so I called. The total they gave me still didn’t include the discount. For the horrible attitude I got from 2 different reps - 1 male, 1 female - I decided to order online. I feel sorry for those employees. Must be an awful place to work.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I ordered a bra in nude and it arrived in aqua color. Also ordered two shirts one in red plaid and one in pink stripe. Received red plaid one and the other was pink. Very dissatisfied. I will not be ordering anything from Woman Within again. Thank you.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I order lots of 100% cotton clothing from this store and am always happy with the quality and sizing. However, I am very unhappy with how long they take to ship items. It is unacceptable that normal shipping on items is 3-4 weeks. They are wanting to force customers to pay for expedited shipping at exorbitant rates to make up for their low cost items. I have ordered many items for specific functions and they rarely arrive on time. Unacceptable.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I called your customer service and the whole time I was telling them I didn't get my free gift because it says I could only use one code per order which is crap. You can go to JCPenney and use as many codes as I want and they honor them!!!! The girl I spoke to on the phone did nothing but laugh at me the entire time I was upset and told me I could not get my free gift! Well Woman Within you just lost one of your best customers. I will never ever purchase anything anymore. As of today I am cutting my credit card up and paying off my bill. You can put your codes where the sun don't shine!! It is your loss and my gain. I am taking my business to JCPenney's.

Very very upset customer not because of the free gift but the way your customer service person handled my problem by laughing at me the entire time. People who are reading this looking at the reviews there are a lot of people upset over Woman Within and I can understand why. Customer are #1 not last. I don't do business that way and that Woman Within does not take action on their employees well that tells me they don't care or make good not to lose customers. Ladydi

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered around $245.00 worth of items on their recent half off sale with my Woman Within credit card and their mobile website would not correct my address to the new address where I have moved to. When it submitted the order it reverted to my previous address. I immediately tried calling customer service for help, they were closed for the day (at 9 pm California time) so I had to wait I until the next morning to call for help. Called at 8 am the next morning, was told there was nothing they could do to help me as the order was already being pulled and processed. The order still was not shipped out for another 5 days after this date but was still shipped to the wrong address, a large apartment complex in Los Angeles with 1400 plus apartments where the mail people do not check names. They simply throw packages in front of doors and walk away.

They now tell me they will not resend the items to the correct address. This is absolutely not my fault but a failure of their poorly functioning website, their lack of 24 hour customer service (I tried email. They quote a 72 hour turnaround time and their phone customer service is only limited hours Eastern time.) and their unwillingness to get out to the warehouse and fix an error with 5 days' time between starting to pull items and the package actually leaving their warehouse. You can't tell me in 5 days they couldn't have gotten this corrected! They now expect me to pay for $245 worth of items they knowingly shipped to the wrong address when they had 5 days to correct the issue! Not going to happen. Guess they have lost a long time customer and credit card holder.

Woman Within response

Hello Dawn, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Our system does not allow for any changes or cancellations to be made once an order has been pulled for processing. I'd like to further help. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: June 6, 2019

In my size the "perfect tee" has been priced in the catalog at *9.99 for several mailings. I received an online promotion for 50.00 off a 100.00 order... HOWEVER, the same "perfect tee" was *15.00 online, to get the 50.00 discount. Phone resolutions person claimed it was because of the colors being different... Most of the colors I chose were in the catalog at 9.99 but 15.00 online promotion.

Woman Within response

Hi Winona, my name is Corinne. I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I'm very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Our catalogs and website do offer different sales and promotions from one another, which is why you may see a difference in price for the same item.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased a pair of swim pants in March, in anticipation of my beach vacation in May. When I received the product, I tried them on and was satisfied with the fit. I set them aside for future packing. While on vacation I wore the pants for the first time and the drawstring became detached. When I returned home, I called Woman Within to make arrangements for a replacement pair of pants. I was informed repeatedly, by two representatives in positions of authority, that no exceptions would be made around their 60 day return/exchange policy. They weren't willing to make a single allowance for the fact that the product was defective.

I paid $45 for this pair of pants which didn't give me one single use! I have been a patron of this company well in excess of a decade. I have no recourse of action and I lose $45. I am incensed over this complete lack of customer service and refusal to stand behind the quality of the products they are selling. They clearly consider them disposable if they are unwilling to support them past 60 days. In my case, not even beyond one hour! Pathetic customer support. So very disappointing, after all these years.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have a credit card that I paid off, I paid balance in full. I closed this card. A month goes by and I get a email from them saying a have a balance of 42.00. I thought that I closed that account with a zero balance. I paid the balanced that I owed, I even checked by 2 weeks later and my balance was zero. I called and some snotty rep told me I only paid $141.00 not $181.00. I thought what a huge lie. I honestly think these scam artist should be turned over to the BBB and the state Attorney General and should be forced to pay a fine. Total fraud, seriously folks try cancelling your card, you will be paying months to get rid of it. It would be better to use a Visa or Mastercard. Do not fall for the scam and get their high interest cards.

Woman Within response

Hi Toni, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. The Woman Within credit card is owned and managed by Comenity Bank, which is a separate entity. We encourage you to contact them to review your payment and balance history.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been purchasing from Woman Within for a while now and usually love their items. This past time, however, I bought 2 pairs of capri pants, tried them on (they fit) and as usual put them in the laundry. (I always launder my clothes prior to wearing them.) When I went to wear them they were at least 2 sizes too small. It had only been one day between trying them on and washing them so I know it wasn't me that gained weight. When I tried to exchange them for a larger size I was told I could not because I had laundered them. I was apprehensive about purchasing more at one size up because they shrank so much in the wash. Sincerely disappointed.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ordered a nightgown for my mother in law two weeks before Mother’s Day, it came about a week before Mother’s Day; I ordered a 3X, the package said 3X but what they sent was a 5X!! You had ONE job!! So, I called and they apologized and asked if they could send me the right order and I said only if it will come by that Thursday because that’s when we would be heading home to see her. They promise me it would be there no problem I wouldn’t be charged but on my bank account they had charged me 19.99 for fast shipping!!

Thursday comes and no package so I decided that we would leave Friday instead so that I could receive the package then. Friday comes and NO package.. I called and the customer service rep says that it never was sent and the sales department had no way to contact me but every time I’ve been on the phone with someone that have repeated my number back and my phone number is on my invoice!!! She transfers me to sales because she doesn’t know why they didn’t send it, all the while her customer service was AWFUL!! That line kept saying they were closed but it was well within two hours of them closing so I left a message for them to call me back and of course to this day I have never received a callback.. It’s been a little over a week and a half after I have returned the package and I still haven’t received a refund. This company absolutely disgust me and I’ll never in my life make a purchase from this company again!!!

Woman Within response

Hi Mariah, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the error in shipment and the frustration you experienced. I have sent you a message requesting some additional info so I can help.

Woman Within Company Information