1.7/5 (557 ratings)

About Woman Within

Woman Within Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woman Within?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have bought from this company for many years. Never had a problem. This time I did not receive a shirt I ordered. I have called many many times, only to be told, that it will be shipped. It's been at least 8 weeks, still no shirt. Now they told me they refunded my money back to paypal. Was told this twice now. Still 3 weeks later, no refund. Finally I had no choice but to report them to paypal. This company is going downhill, not what it used to be..

Woman Within response

Thank you for your review. We’e sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 28, 2021

Customer service was terrible. I called and they could not have cared less. Things were back ordered for MONTHS. The quality of the items we did get were absolutely horrible. I will never order from them again.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 26, 2021

I ordered three pairs of shoes and two bathing suits for an upcoming family reunion at a local beach. After a month of waiting for my items, I contacted the company several times to check on my order. I was told via email and over the phone that orders have been delayed due to Covid blah blah blah. I never received a tracking number on the items I ordered. Then suddenly after 6 weeks and about 10 emails, I was told that my order was delivered 4 weeks prior which was impossible.

I have made numerous calls to the company regarding my never receiving the items and of course the charge is now showing up on my Woman Within account. Customer Service people could care less that you are having an issue and you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time with going back and forth. I don't know how they expect me to pay for items I never received. They now claim they are going to send an affidavit to either have my money refunded or resend the items. I don't know how long this process is going to take but I do know I will never order anything else from this company again. Tip for consumers: Don't do it.

Woman Within response

We appreciate you for expressing your concerns with us. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us improve our previous performance.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Updated on 09/09/2021: Andrea it's easy to say the same nice thing on every resolve that you leave on our accounts, nothing is resolved! The right thing for this company to do is to NOT charge me for product never received. Wake up woman. Do whatever it takes to take this company down. I have never dealt with such incompetent people as Woman Within. I called 3 Merchants to ask if it's legal to charge a credit card when you've received no product, I refused my orders, all 3 responds were exactly the same, it's very illegal. Those merchants were:

1. J.C. Penny's
2. Walmart

3. Target

All locations in the Beaverton, Oregon area. I in the future plan on locating one of our local News stations to do some free broadcasting on this company. When I consulted a Lawyer he made the comment that I had a legal case but that he'd have to charge about 2,500 to get back my 135.00 and he said do anything and everything you can to find what's free starting with BBB, FTC, sites like this one. This company is extorting every one of us. Look up the definition. They're bullying us for money and I still have NO product. They want to be a good company send me what I am being charged for and I will be more than happy to pay. Good Luck To All You Woman out there.

Original Review: This whole outfit is a company from HELL! Woman Within & Comenity Bank... I refused 2 shipments so no product at all from these people. I have been fighting with them and Comenity Bank since May, I've spent many hours on the phone with NO solution to fix this issue. When I called to find out what I was being charged for the young man informed me it was for all of the clearance items I had purchased, so I said if being charged please send to me and his respond was, "I can't. They've been donated," I asked to speak to a manager.

I was met by a resolution manager by the name of Rachel. She proceeded to actually yell at me. I was stunned that any customer service rep would respond as immaturely as this woman, I had to remind her I was the customer and she informed me that I would pay. I am 66 years old I have never heard of such a bizarre action from any company. The customer service reps all tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone, they do nothing to help you and Comenity bank is NO different. They gladly add their interest rates while you're waiting on the dispute to get your results, so now paying more for no Product due to interest charges what a racket.

I have contacted a lawyer and he made the comment that I DO have a case but that it would cost me 2,000 or more to get back my 135 dollars back and he said he wouldn't feel right taking so much money from me, I had to respect his advice. You know it would be nice to me if this company would do the right thing. I will be contacting the BBB every day on both of these companies. I am an honest woman, if it's hanging in my closet I paid for it. Thanks to all that listened and I truly hope none of you are going through what I am. It hurts cause they can ruin your credit on top of everything else.

Woman Within response

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this does not happen again.

Original review: July 25, 2021

So..I have been ordering from Woman Within many years..Just recently had a issue that can't be resolved. That's why I'm on here. I want to make everyone aware of how they do things..First off I didn't order a cardigan that was on back order!..I ordered it on 6-6 21...Received a email saying it will be delayed again until Aug 25..Over 2 months. Unacceptable...I asked if I could switch it out for another cardigan that I liked that was in stock..They said no!!..Even though my money is being held and I can't touch it for this cardigan on back order..then tried to charge me another 10 dollars to have it shipped..(The new one with no refund going towards the new cardigan)...Scammers now...Don't trust...and change your card # my advice!

Original review: July 25, 2021

This company has been charging me 14.95 a month for over a year!!! I don’t know how this happened!!!! I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANY MEMBER REWARDS!

I haven’t even ordered from them in over a year!!!! HUGE SCAM. CONTACTING BBB.

Woman Within response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience and will strive to do better.

Original review: July 22, 2021

The quality of the merchandise is poor. Might be cotton but it’s the lowest grade possible. Wrinkles. Stiff. The sizing is off. Several identical items can be inches longer or shorter. Delivery takes forever. And costs a lot!!! And returning is worse. Payment/billing is like a shell game. You never know what you have paid until your order arrives…. Weeks or months after ordering. They will try to send a gift card instead of returning refunds to your credit card. Chat is never available. They say orders are not shipped and if you try to cancel they say you can’t. Better to not risk it with this place. I’m sorry I did. Will not make that mistake again.

Original review: July 22, 2021

After a significant wait, I received two items of clothing from Woman Within. One of the items was not what I ordered and did not match the invoice. The process they described for me to receive the item I had been charged for was that first I needed to return the incorrectly sent item and wait until they processed the return. (It is not technically a "return" or exchange, but their error) and I have to trust that they will credit my account properly and then send the correct piece of clothing. I'm pretty sure this is illegal. I have sent the item back and have a tracking number from the post office. I think that should suffice especially due to the inconvenience.

I would like the item I was charged for without any extra charges, phone calls, or wait time! They refuse. I feel like I am being held hostage for their mistake. I spoke with three different service representatives and they all just parroted each-other. I got nowhere. It was not possible to speak with a representative higher up. Send me the item I paid for!

Original review: July 22, 2021

When I first started ordering from Woman Within, everything was great. I received my orders in a timely manner and never had any issues with receiving what I ordered. Fast forward to around December of 2020, I ordered some clearance items, and only received one of the items I actually ordered. I received things completely different for the other two items. I returned the unwanted items, and requested to have my original order filled. I waited and waited only to receive nothing in response. I contacted customer service by phone and by email, only to get the standard "we are working on your order" response. I finally ended up getting a refund in May of this year.

I have looked at their website to order other clothing, only to find that what I really want isn't available in my size, or I find something that looks like a really good deal, only to click on it to order and suddenly the price increase by an additional half (example, a shirt that was on the website for 7.99 suddenly becomes 14.99 when I want to buy it in my size). In addition the last few times I did order something in the size they recommended, it ended up too small or just didn't fit right. I am very disappointed that a company I had loved at the beginning has gotten so bad.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I purchased some cotton boxers for women and after the 2nd wash and dry they fell apart. They wanted me to pay to ship them back and then charged my card for another pack of them. I did not order more.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Was about to place my order when I realized that every item in my cart was not the correct sale price. I called to get help and I was told by the customer service rep that when my order processed the price would be adjusted. I have called 5 times spending over an hour each time trying to get my $35 credit. They never gave me a credit and said after it shipped it would be adjusted. It shipped and they still won't give me my credit. I got an email days later that said they are giving me a $12 gift card towards my next purchase. I am calling my credit card company to cancel. I would never by anything from them again. Also their sizing is all wrong. They suck!

Original review: July 19, 2021

I have called this company to STOP charging me with 14.95 A MONTH for they call SHIPPING. I order ONCE A YEAR! When I do order, they CHARGE SHIPPING so WTF is the 14.95/mo for?? DO NOT buy from this company!! They will rip you off!!

Original review: July 16, 2021

My mom and I put in two different orders in May. She said that one of her items which was supposed to be shipped in July is now being shipped in August. My order is not here yet either. Part of mine was originally supposed to be shipped out June 7th.. I told my mom that I'm about ready to stop ordering from them. I know what it's like to get orders out on time.

Woman Within response

We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our business.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I've been a long-time customer of Woman Within, and I really do like their clothes. When orders go as intended, everything is great and I like dealing with them, but--when things don't go as planned, it can turn into a real hassle. They really do need to find a better way to handle backorders. When items in an order are backordered (this has happened to me with almost every recent order), they aren't charged to the customer account until the backorder comes in. This is great, mostly, but--when there is an extended delay and customer information and billing options change between the order being placed and the backorder coming in, they send the item anyway. When they can't process the charge, they don't contact the customer; they send the bill to their collections department.

Their collections department doesn't answer the phone or return phone calls even when their customer service promises that you'll get to speak to a live person on the other end. Their only option is voicemail. I also had difficulty making myself understood well enough to get past the people answering the phones (not native English speakers). Then, Customer Service had difficulty even finding the right invoice because it had been moved around in their system. While Customer Service was friendly and professional and attempted to be helpful, they were unable to resolve this issue because a hold had been placed on my account--by the people whom I can't get in contact with and who won't return my calls--in collections. As of right now, I've made multiple calls, and I still don't know how--or even if--I'm going to be able to resolve this and pay them!

Original review: July 16, 2021

I ordered on June 24 with the expectation, based on their website, of 7 day shipping. On June 29 I received an email stating it was taking longer than usual and my order has not yet been processed, although my credit card had been charged. On July 6, almost a full 2 weeks after my order, I received an email stating my order had shipped and delivery time was 7 days. That was the last communication I received from them. 10 days later, tracking shows my package is still in IN. No estimated delivery date. I called customer service on 7/16, 3 weeks after my initial order and I'm told, "It's out of our hands at this point. It's with our shipping agent Pitney Bowes who will be sending it to USPS for delivery. You should have by next Thursday, July 22." Don't order from them unless you don't need the items for a specific event/date; or allow for 30+ days to arrive. At this point, I can't even review the products because I haven't received them.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Placed order beginning of June 2021, over 50.00, FREE shipping. Cancelled order via email 6/10 & 6/21. No response. Rec'd partial order on 6/21. Rec'd email saying that B/O was cancelled. I cancelled the order due to your scheduled shipping date. Would have rec'd too late!! The paperwork attached to the shipment indicates a shipping fee of 8.99, which I have NO intention of paying. REMEMBER, should have been FREE shipping. I don't know what has happened to WW but the service & communication needs major improvement!

Original review: July 14, 2021

Back in April I ordered a denim skirt. I trusted Woman Within size guidelines. I ordered in the size they recommended. I figured it might run a little big since it was plus size. Wrong. Too small. I sent it back. Cost $29.00 refund 13.00 approx. Never again.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I ordered two tops from Woman Within on June 10th. This was 5 weeks ago. I have sent numerous email messages to customer service and have called twice a week to find out where my order is. I keep getting “we are sorry for the delay”. Yesterday the customer service agent, who was hard to understand, said it would be here today. It didn’t arrive nor has any email been sent to me. I will never order anything from Woman Within again.

Original review: July 13, 2021

This is just the latest in many orders that I've been unhappy with. I ordered several pairs of pants, cost about $17 ea. One pair was defective...There was a hole in the fabric and the waist was huge, the legs too tight. (The other pairs were fine). I filled out the return slip, requesting a replacement for the defective pants. I waited for about six weeks, nothing came. Today I got my credit card bill and noticed that, instead of replacing the defective pants as I'd asked, they refunded my card a whopping $6.50! I called and explained that I'd asked for a replacement, not a partial refund. The lady said, "Sorry, too late, can't help you, but you can buy another pair if you want." For me this poor treatment and unwillingness to make it right was the final straw. I will find another place to buy clothes.

I've been a customer for years, and notice they frequently have "sales", but they increase the prices over what they were in the previous catalogue, then have a "sale" so you are only getting the normal price or a very small discount. The pants in question were "half price", but actually only two dollars less than in the previous catalogue. Overall quality is pretty poor, I've gotten sweaters without proper finishing so the bottom edges roll up. Tops with darts on one side but not the other. Tops made of T-shirt fabric with unfinished bottom edges that also roll up. I've received garments with stains and holes and with mismatched prints.

Sizing is totally hit or miss. I ordered two identical bras. Opened one and it fit perfectly. Saved the second one for later. When I finally needed it a couple months later I discovered it was much larger, despite the tag identifying it as the same size. The cups were huge, and it had 4 hooks instead of three. Of course it's too late to return it, so there's a waste of $39.00. This happened when I order different colors of the same bra, the reason that I ordered two identical that time, but it was still the wrong size.

When I ordered identical pants in different colors the blue denim fit fine, the twill pair was 4" short of closing around my waist. Ditto with panties...ordered two packages, identical except color. The dark color fit fine, the light colors were much too small, though tags said they were same size. This has happened many times. This company will only give a partial refund on returns even when it's for defective merchandise. I feel like the company knows plus size providers are limited, so they can take advantage of their customers with impunity.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I ordered years ago and service was fair. Now service is beyond horrible! I should have searched reviews before ordering again. They blame slow shipping on covid. I don't think so. I've learned my lesson! If these items don't fit I will donate them as opposed to reordering. It's not worth the hassle! Save your time and money and go to a store!

Original review: July 12, 2021

To be clear I only gave 1 star because I had to choose otherwise I would not have selected. I ordered 3 bras from the company. It took 21 days to get it to me. Before the product arrived I was checking order status to see if it had shipped and it never left their facility. I called the CS person and confirmed it hadn't left. I decided to order the bra elsewhere. Received it in 7 days and it fit perfectly. I called Woman Within to cancel my order. They told me I had to wait to receive it and then cancel, keep in mind it has not left their warehouse but because it was in process it could not be canceled.

The product finally came 21 days later, I tried them on and sure enough it didn't fit. I immediately sent the product back to the business via USPS and used tracking. It's been 3 weeks nothing has been credited and now I owe the a balance on the card that I need to pay to avoid it affecting my credit. All because of this horrible interaction with Woman within, the worst decision I've made in choosing to do business with a company.

Original review: July 12, 2021

6 days ago they said they couldn't process my order. This is after a week of waiting to begin with. Now I can't get ahold of anyone to complain. There is no department for it. I will not be ordering from them again.

Woman Within response

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 11, 2021

I ordered two of the same rompers/bathing suits. They were two different sizes with one being for my sister and one being for me. I ordered them on June 1st for our getaway over the 4th of July weekend. We did not receive these items until July 3rd which was a Saturday. The items were shipped to my PO box and the post office was closed on Saturday. Sunday was the 4th of July, Monday was the 5th of July and the post office was closed. I finally picked up the order on the 7th of July. My sister and I contemplated just refusing the order since it arrived too late for our holiday weekend getaway. Finally on the 9th of July we decided to keep them and opened the shipping package. These were two identical items only in different sizes.

We became very upset when we realized it was very obvious that one of these rompers/bathing suits had obviously been worn and returned. We never even removed it from the package other than the shipping package. The bag that the item was in had obviously been previously opened and taped shut with a single piece of Scotch tape. There was a thread caught in the Scotch tape and the part of the bag that had a sticky strip on it that initially sealed the bag had stuff of some sort stuff stuck all over it. The romper/bathing suit had not been folded but had crammed back into the bag. I immediately called customer service and was told the item was not returnable because it was a final sale! Nowhere on my order confirmation, my packing slip or anything else dealing with this company did it state that these items were not returnable.

I told them that the item was obviously used and that it was illegal to sell used items as new. After a great deal of arguing they finally told me to send the item back but I would be charged a $9.99 return shipping fee. I hung up and called back and spoke with a second person who told me I would not be charged $9.99 for return shipping but it says right on the return address label that I will be charged. He promised me I wouldn't but he never took my name, order number or any other information. I called back a third time and spoke with a third person. By this time I was really making a great deal of effort to keep my anger under control. The third person I spoke to was actually the most helpful said she understood my problem and put me on hold to talk to her supervisor.

When she came back on the phone she told me her supervisor said to return the item and they will send me a card for 50% off on my next purchased item but there would be no refund! I hit the roof, I told her 50% off on it on my next purchase was just not going to cut it because I was never going to do business with their company again. I asked her if she thought it was reasonable that I would spend more money without getting my original money back? On top of it I asked her how she would have felt if she had ordered a bathing suit that had been worn previously? This very nice sweet person was as grossed out as my sister and I were. I told her I'd already made the decision never to do business with their company again when it took 33 days for me to get my order.

She put me on hold again and came back on and told me they would accept return of the item. I told her I wanted full credit including my previous shipping and I did not want to be charged for additional shipping she told me there would be a full refund. She took all of my information including order number etc and put it into the computer with a notation that I was to receive a full refund and not be charged an additional shipping fee for the return. Time will tell. I have returned the item but have not yet received credit because of course it's too soon.

Somehow I feel that I have a fight on my hands in the future. I believe that they are going to credit my credit card with the item but I believe they are going to charge me additional $9.99 for shipping and not refund me the initial shipping charge. I wrote on the slip that went in the bag with the item that I expected the cost of the item, the original shipping, and the tax to be refunded in full and to not be charged the additional shipping. I took pictures of everything with my cell phone! Another problem is the way that their packing list/invoice/return sheet is set up. On the front of course it lists the items, account info, shipping number etc., along with the prices that I paid, tax shipping etc. Also on the front is the return shipping label with a tracking number and down at the bottom is a stub, and I use the term lightly, that I was to keep for my records that has the tracking number on it that matches the return shipping label.

When you turn the sheet over it has a list of reasons as to why you are returning the item. You're supposed to list the return code on the front next to the item you're returning. Of course there is no return code for a used item being returned because it was sold as new. Below the list of reasons there is a section asking whether you want return credit, a refund etc. Below that is an area where you can make an exchange for the same item in a different size or order a different item completely. Of course there's no way I'm ever ordering anything from this company ever again even though I did choose to keep the one romper/swimsuit that appears to be new.

When I went to prepare everything for shipment I noticed that there's no way to remove the shipping label without cutting into the document. There is also no way to remove the stub for my records that it says to keep without likewise cutting into the document. When you cut into the document to remove both the shipping label and the stub it cuts in to the information on the back where it shows that you're asking for either a store credit or a full refund. Also by removing the stub if I were ordering the same item in a different size or ordering something else altogether, they would never receive that because that's in my possession on the back of my stud that I'm supposed to keep.

This is an extremely poorly run company. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing! 33 days shipping from Illinois to California is completely unacceptable. But what grosses me out the most and what I know for fact breaks the law is that they are selling used items as new! If I had wanted a used item I would have gone shopping at a thrift store! There is no way under any circumstances that I will ever buy anything from this company again. This was my first experience with this company and my last! There is absolutely nothing that this company could do that will rectify what I have experienced with this purchase. I also believe that I still have a fight on my hands in the future to get my full purchase price, tax charged, and my original shipping fee refunded in full. I just see the handwriting on the wall.

I also fear that even though they told me it's in the computer, they are going to charge me an additional $9.99 for the additional shipping to return the item. I will be watching very closely to see what is credited to my credit card. If I do not receive every penny refunded to my credit card I will be getting my credit card company involved in this fiasco. I cannot imagine how this company remains in business. They have shoddy business practices, shoddy shipping, for the most part shoddy customer service and like I said the worst most disgusting thing is they are selling used items as new! Do not ever order anything from Woman Within. If it was possible to give an 8th of a star as a rating, it would be too much!

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 9, 2021

This company has had my returned item for over three weeks. They sent me an email confirming it but they have not given me my refund. I called several times and get some sort of overseas customer service person who keeps transferring me to departments where I am on hold forever. Will never shop with this company or any of its affiliates again.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The quality of the items was sketchy at best. I ordered pants in petite length and they were longer than tall. The one item after being on back order for a month was canceled, the swimsuit I ordered was nothing like the picture so I returned it. I am still waiting for my refund one month later. This whole ordeal started back in May. Needless to say I will never order from them again.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I placed an order on May 22nd, and still have not received my product, I did receive the bill today, I called customer service and got nowhere. Asked for a supervisor who also was not helpful, he said my order should arrive by July 15th which is another week. Then why have I been billed, he could not answer that. He connected me to credit, which was not credit but the bank that holds their credit, so she connected me back to customer service, which disconnected me, this all took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get nowhere, if you are going to order from this place make sure you give yourself a 6 week lead way if you need the clothes.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I placed an order and have been waiting for it to ship for 10 days now. It still has not Then Shipped. I called customer service and I get no real response except for they are sorry and processing is taking a link little longer than expected. They will not give me any estimated shipping date. I’ve always been a customer of his, love the product and their shipping but at this point I’m ready to give up on the company completely.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Ordered an e gift card. Not delivered. Called customer service and was given an invalid phone number (10 digit phone number) to call to cancel. Tried to tell agent it was not valid phone, she refused to acknowledge or provide a valid number. Asked for supervisor told not in today.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchased a blouse that was wrong size, I contacted WW and they told me what I needed to do to return blouse. I followed their instructions and now 3 months later after multiple attempts to talk someone about why I haven't been credited for my return I get the run around with no answers, Then when I try to go through automated system it continuously hangs up instead of letting you talk to anyone. Besides not being credited my other complaint is when you do order they are extremely slow getting it out.

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: July 7, 2021

I would not recommend this company. Their clothes run way too big. They will not refund you when you have to send it back. You can’t exchange your clothes because you don’t know how big they will be. I sent my clothes that didn’t fit back on June 22 and called the next week. Customer service told me my return was received on June 25. I was told to wait about 7 days for refund to show up. I called today (July 7th). Now they are telling me they don’t have the order. THEY DO HAVE THE ORDER ….they said now it could be 6 more weeks to receive my order from UPS. That’s crazy….they deliver everyday. Would really like my money back? I would not recommend anyone to shop with this company. They need to be shut down. Doing this to people that are living on a budget and can’t get other clothes because they will not refund the money.

Woman Within Company Information