2.95/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

VRBO.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I recently had a bad experience with a property manager and reached out to VRBO for support. They have been no help at all. The manager was able to make up false accusations with no evidence while I had pictures and facts to back my story. It has been 3 months of frustration and delays on VRBO's part. I will never rent from this company again. Basically, when you rent from their website, you are on your own if you have a problem. Their customer service is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

With the taxes, resort fees, host cleaning fees, etc., it's not uncommon for the price per night for a stay to triple before you've ever even made it to the cart to pay.

This is massively misleading. Don't give a per night price and then inflate that cost. It's poor customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

VRBO recently moved to a new payment processing system. Basically, property owners now have to pay 3% each time a renter makes a payment IF we want to continue having our rental income deposited into our accounts 5-7 days thereafter. The alternative? Wait until after your renter checks in, and then receive your rental income 5-7 days after that. For many owners, including me, this has caused serious implications to our balance sheet and budget. For example, I have been waiting 2 weeks for $700 of MY rental income to show up in MY account - 2 weeks or more that VRBO is earning interest off of my money, instead of me.

Making matters worse is VRBO's decision to break away from Yapstone, their 3rd party partner who handles all the payment processing. What this essentially has caused is mass confusion. Owners are receiving emails from BOTH entities as they vie for your continued business to process your renter's payments. So, I received an email from VRBO that unless I agree to pay a 3% processing fee, I'll have to wait a good 3-4 weeks for rental income to show up in my account. Yes, that timing is about right: renters make their final payment 2 weeks before check in + 5-7 day processing wait after that = about a 3-4 week wait when it's all said and done.

In similar fashion, Yapstone, VRBO's former payment processing partner, sent a similar email, only they want you to stay with them. The big problem? I never got Yapstone's email. Why? Because a few years after I opened my VRBO account, I cut my cable cord, and with that my old email was closed. So, I updated my email on the owner profile page on VRBO...But this change did not notify VRBO's partners, such as Yapstone.

Out of necessity, I have since signed up for the new program with VRBO. But before doing so, Yapstone was handling all my payments. And they are holding my payments (~$700 worth) because I never got their email stating their program terms and deadlines. What a cluster! Could this have been handles more seamlessly and clearly? YOU BET! Essentially, owners needed to correspond with BOTH entities to manage current and future payments. Not even employees at both entities understood this. But I still have to wait for my money...

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

When we bought our vacation house this summer, I thought listing on VRBO/Homeaway was the obvious way to get the renters we needed. I was warned by others to be careful and that my assumption was flawed. Several people I spoke with said they had left VRBO/Homeaway and switched to other sites due to various issues. I wondered why?

Now I know. Here are the facts - my horrible experience: Guest booked and paid on July 11th. Guest stayed September 24-26th. VRBO collected 100% of the money on July 11th. VRBO has paid me $0 to date (10/12/19). They claim there is a technical issue. They asked me to register a different checking account and complete a new W9. Did that and still Nothing! No payment yet. Time spent on the phone on various calls, online, registering new checking account etc - about 4.5 hours.

As for the success of the site in terms of getting me bookings - I had a total of 9 bookings this half season (bought the house in July). ONLY ONE (1) CAME THROUGH VRBO. The rest (8) came from other sites. And I haven’t been paid for that ONE booking. I am done. I don’t know if I will ever get paid. If they are having technical issues, you would think they could cut a manual check!? Beware!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

East Fork Cabins Greer AZ. VRBO O.K.. Neat, clean, orderly, well equipped. Great locale. Much to do. Comfortable stay. Friendly management lives on site in own cabin. Very satisfied with owner and VRBO. Reservation service was responsive. Owner was responsive and gave excellent advice and recommendations. Wonderful experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

As both a VRBO guest and Vrbo home owner, the number of 1-Star reviews totally shocked me, but I can understand the frustration of what people have summarized in their reviews: You make a reservation at a home with the expectation for a wonderful time only to find that the place is not as represented or is a dump or isn't available upon arrival at all. Then on top of this major disappointment, we have a hassle retrieving your deposit or even worse, your entire payment ... and Vrbo generally says that there isn't much of anything that it can do to help you resolve the mess because it's just the intermediary in matching up the home owner and the guest.

But thank heavens, it's not always this way. We, as an Owner, make a major effort in ensure that our guests receive a 5-star experience at our beach home in Santa Cruz, CA -- lots of amenities, an on-site concierge, a 5-person cleaning crew between every guest, and a deposit refund policy that has returned 100% of the payment of every guest that has had to cancel to date.

On the flip side, as a Vrbo Guest, every experience has been a delight. We never have had a complaint. At the core of our own and our guests' Vrbo experiences, are the guest reviews. If a property has a string of 5-star reviews a mile long, it's going to be a super experience -- and if it isn't, the Owner is going to make it right. On the other hand, in instances where the experience has been a revoltingly bad as those mentioned in many of the CF reviews, there's going be a pattern of 1-star guest indictments of the place. And, to the best of my knowledge, there's no way that an Owner can tinker with the reviews to bury the truth. So what I look for are great reviews -- and lots of them -- before I book anything.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I found my place of stay using VRBO and it actually exceeded my expectations. The cleanliness of the condo was excellent. Everything from the furniture to appliances were modern and didn't look old. The bedrooms were large and the wrap around patio was awesome. The patio extended around the entire condo and the view was amazing. The bathroom I felt was small and the shower was outdated especially when compared to everything that was inside the condo. That was the one and only thing I didn't like. But the location was perfect as it was close enough to all the stores and yet isolated enough from all the hustle and bustle of all the traffic and vacationers. The pool and beach were steps away from condo as you exited the elevator. The price was a little for the condo was a little high but after experiencing the peacefulness, cleanliness, and convenience it was worth it. I would stay at the condo and recommend it to others as well.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Vacation Rentals By Owner or VRBO was a breath of fresh air. There was a spa/hot tub pool and pool table. Owners went out and bought a new game console so I would have something to play on the 3br 2bath home. Had a refrigerator fully stocked w/ condiments, a gas grill on back patio, restaurant menus w/ grocery store discount cards, 50 something inch screen, Cable, WiFi all across the street from Disney Land and @ $1,200 for 7days a definite change in price. D.L. was $485 per night one room, fridge didn't work, had to pay $25 per day Valet parking, doorman tips. VRBO 5???? ****D.L. 1????

Original review: May 18, 2019

We enjoyed our stay in the condo very much! It was clean, and stocked with things you would not have imagined -- like toys for playing in the sand and chairs -- little touches that just made our stay that much more pleasant. We had some minor issues along the way, but the property manager was available to us, and quite helpful every step of the way. We also had a beautiful view of the beach. Would definitely rent this condo again!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

728 Dotters Corner Rd., Kunkletown, PA... was a “Cozy” and “FUN” home for our family to share! This “SPACIOUS and STYLISH” home... provided the 8 of us with an AWESOME “Winter Weekend” experience! The “Game Room” exceeded our expectations as we relaxed and enjoyed the 3 pinball machines... pool and foosball tables... multi-genre jukebox... and simulated golf driving range! We were impressed with the “Barn doors” and decorative accents... Joe ** infused throughout the home! Well done Joe! Thank you Colleen ** for a comfortable and priceless stay in Kunkletown!

VRBO.com Company Information