1.06/5
Based on 359 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Last updated: April 21, 2018

1453 VRBO.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 21, 2018

Paid for a VRBO reservation in NC thinking I had a film project. The project didn't happen so I began trying to cancel this reservation. VRBO site says 'talk w/ owner or property manager about cancellation' so I talk to 'property manager' who basically says he cannot do anything and I should call VRBO. So I call. VRBO says they cannot do anything because they do not have access to the software that the rental company (which they advertise on their site!) uses. I have been trying for two weeks to cancel this to no avail...

My rental started two days ago and I am at home! Kinda feel like this is a big pyramid scheme where they just bounce you around to unhelpful people and, at the end, you've gotten nowhere. There is no reason, whatsoever, that it should be so hard to cancel a reservation and the fact that they make it so screams 'scam' to me... Setting it up so that you will have to pay whatever fees they can get out of you. This is no Airbnb to be sure. They try to lump themselves into that genre but this is nothing more than a cheesy money-maker. DO NOT LIKE AND BEWARE!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I foreclosed on my house and needed to cancel a booking a customer had made 5 months in the future for 2 days. They told me I owed them $150 for cancelling and I signed up for that when I signed up with them. I am outraged!!! They wouldn’t even work with me to try to find a solution. They wanted their money. When you sign up for VRBO you unknowingly sign up for FlipKey, HomeAway, TripAdvisor... so many company names under one family. I didn’t even know this booking existed because they don’t make things easy for you to track. I got a call from VRBO, an email from name@flipkey.com about my booking on HomeAway. They charge their owners and guests WAAAY too much in fees. Book with Airbnb. Better service, cheaper fees. Never again with VRBO or the hundreds of other companies they say they are.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 17, 2018

OMG! Dealing with VRBO has been a nightmare!! It is nearly impossible to get in touch with anyone and when you do the customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced. I repeatedly asked to speak with a native English speaker and was told there was no one. I asked where they were located and was denied that info for security reasons (??? um...can’t imagine why). The “customer representative” I spoke with was barely understandable due to a heavy accent but even with that I understood I was getting the runaround. I still don’t have my $1500.00 back...so buyer beware. VRBO is horrible horrible horrible!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

VRBO charged a $374 service fee that was never disclosed. After having the reservation accepted, an email from VRBO came back stating they charged my card an additional $374 service fee that wasn't in the initial quote. In their email in bold black letters it stated "service fee; $374 not in payment request". I spoke to 4 reps and 2 managers, all whom said "pay it or cancel your booking". You can't charge a fee that was never authorized to be charged and then use blackmail to pay it. I will never use VRBO ever again. To top it off, they've said they've been receiving a lot of complaints about this business practice. You think?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Upon securing a reservation through VRBO and going through their process of booking, the number that was disclosed to me was significantly different than the amount that was billed to my credit card. Both VRBO and iTrip Vacations, never disclosed to me the full terms of my rental. Instead there were fees resulting in an increase of $800 over what terms I agreed to. In addition, I find out that this property cannot legally be rented out. It is embarrassing to walk around this condominium area knowing that I'm in violation of some rules. I would not recommend using VRBO or iTrip Vacations for anybody's trip or planning vacation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: April 16, 2018

Since being bought out, VRBO has taken a wonderful service and turned it into a cash cow for VRBO at the expense of both owners and customers. I have rented several houses through VRBO and have 5 stars on all my rentals. We have seen VRBO gradually squeeze and squeeze to get every dollar out of both sides of the transaction. They are all about monopoly power now like so many tech companies. Once you get used to using their platform they restrict and charge and manipulate. We are actively looking for other more reasonable platforms. I think VRBO will be out of business in 5 years if they keep this up. It is too easy to start a website and someone will figure out how to capture the VRBO listings. Until then we all will suffer with excessive charges, poor service and frustrated customers and owners.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Seems easy, but they are only an ad agency. So any troubles or money issues they don’t handle. A third party in Ireland does. They distribute to the homeowner. Meaning they can’t fix anything and won’t give you direct contact info to the third party... They may contact them for you or connect you... Talk about difficult. Probably easy without any problems, but with any concerns it is a nightmare. They tried to fix the problem and were nice but I had to file a chargeback with AmEx to get it taken care of (their recommendation) as they didn’t know how to refund my money... 6000$ tied up for a month?!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We accepted a booking through VRBO, The renters were chronic alcoholics, not just mild drinkers, we saw 30 bottles empty of vodka etc, mind you we are very tolerant. They stayed an extra 1/2d day, left felt pen marks on floors, brand new furniture, broke the microwave and permanently stained new sheets. We were holding back the $1500 damage deposit to reconcile the replacement costs. All of the accounting is on VRBO headings and documents. It states very clearly that there is $1500.00 PAID BY THE RENTERS as a refundable damage deposit.

We provided pictures, explanations to VRBO. We submitted at least 5 or 6 detailed explanations of the damage including a statement by the cleaners who charged us double for all the garbage left inside, and extra for running the garbage to the dump since they didnt take it to the curb on Monday as instructed. Now get this: VRBO gave them their damage deposit back -- all of it!!! We have made 20-25 phone calls (all documented) where we got nowhere. Any owner that rents through VRBO is crazy! These folks are seriously dishonest.

As an owner you have no rights, you try to respond through emails to their emails and that email address is non existent. This is fraud, unlawful business practices, at the very least. I will not rest until VRBO is brought to justice, and I recommend to anyone else who has had this experience contact the Federal Trade Commission, the Attorney General's office in Texas and their elected officials to run this scam business out of business. And that's the facts, Jack.

Original review: April 12, 2018

As an owner of two properties I had some pretty good experience with Vacationrentals.com until their acquisition by HomeAway. This website is no longer competitive. They now charge 500 to list your property then charge each customer booking your property a fee of 8-15%. They also charge you a credit card fee of some 3% and leave it up to you to handle any chargebacks. This fee schedule has slowed down business for my properties to a crawl with Airbnb picking up the slack.

Airbnb has no listing charge and does charge the customer but at half the rate of HomeAway and they actually have a first rate customer service function. They charge a credit card fee but they handle chargebacks. They are eating these other websites alive. This has led to a decision to drop my properties from HomeAway when they come up for renewal. Hard after all these years but as they say on Wall Street, hogs get fat and pigs get slaughtered.

Original review: April 11, 2018

They have made it very difficult to have direct contact with homeowners and managers. They also take an extraordinarily long time issuing refunds. I canceled a reservation within 24 hours of booking. $2106 Credit was to be done in 2-3 days. It's been a week and I'm being run around. I will not use them again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I am an owner of a house that lists on VRBO and I am shocked by how expensive VRBO fees are for my guests. As a basic website listing a property it is shockingly and unjustifiably expensive. It offers little value. It is a horrible website. Now, in addition to charging fees it also is requiring payment through its site, which also increases the cost to consumer. It is a HORRIBLE site for consumers.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was just on the phone w/ VRBO and my last two payments were short the damage deposit from my renter... I was informed "this is the way the platform is moving". What's up - this isn't VRBO's money - it's mine!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I am a property manager who manages several vacation rentals at a local resort. I acquired 2 new properties recently, and up until now, had no problem receiving copies of emails regarding the deposits to my business account. They gave me the runaround after I called for "SUPPORT" at least 10 times, and they just bounced me back and forth between the HomeAway website and the VacationRentPayments company. They have lied to me about what proof was needed to receive proof of payment from the renters, which I need to do my job. Their customer service is also the worst. Everyone I spoke to sounded like they were scripted, they would not let me speak to a supervisor, or they would put me on hold hoping I would just give up. I want every homeowner and renter to be warned not to list or book with them. You will regret it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Rental in Clermont, FL at Silver Creek on Woodcrest Way - When arriving at the home we rented for 3 months the toxic fumes of bleach were so bad we ended up sick! The home was filthy... mold in bathrooms, showers. Carpet and tile were so gross. Couch and loveseat were disgusting. Pool area so dirty, mold around tiles, drains covers broken, pool lights not working. Patio furniture was old and worn out. Garage with pool table stunk, and junk all over. Washer was filthy. All exterior lights were burned out as was bathrooms. Property Mgmt came and agreed, but said the "owner" wouldn't do anything about it, wouldn't spend the $. Ann and Gary ** already had our $11800... so we were stuck. I even sent pics of all the filth to them... then found a wonderful woman who came and spent over 4 hours cleaning. She was shocked when she saw it. I sent pics again of the before and after... of course nothing was done about carpet.

They came and powerwashed the pool area... pool company cleaned pool. We had to buy covers to put over couches, light bulbs, rugs, towels, forks... quilt covers for beds... shower curtain. Before renting this property I talked with Ann and she assured me that it was a wonderful property... the pictures were a lie! Had to constantly call property manager to get things done... very poor service! When we left the home it was 90 percent clean... not carpet. New rugs... silk plants in pool area, and entrance, light bulbs. I had to contact owner about getting our $$$ deposit back. We just got it. The owner actually said that she was sorry it didn't work out for the "both of us"!! She owns 3 houses in a row... and the renters on each side had the same type complaints. I think before VRBO should make sure what the properties they rent are as pictured! Very disappointed.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been with VRBO for ten years. I enjoyed being a part of their business, it was great. As you all know things changed when purchased by new owners. Recently they started to retain the traveler's damage deposit. No warning. No explanation. Just did it. Why? They must have millions retained in damage deposits. Now they have their greedy little hands on our cash for their benefit. This is only speculation but 2 & 2 does = 4 and so since money is going out everyday and new money coming in every day, they only need a total reserve cushion of 10%, so they have 90% or a lot of money to invest and profit from. Money hungry company.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I am an owner of a vacation house. I have used VRBO for renting my property for 10 years. I was always pleased with them until HomeAway took over. Now it is a nightmare. I have my own cancellation policies as I have been stiffed with people putting a deposit to hold the reservation and kept shopping for a better deal. Needless to say they would cancel the reservation and I wouldn't be able to rent it for the days that this renter had booked. I now charge a 50% cancellation fee if cancelled > 31 days of arrival. Now VRBO has a limited choice of cancellation policies and is just not acceptable. I had a renter cancel and said that they received an email from VRBO stating they would get a 100% refund.

I called VRBO and explained that my contract that is attached to the reservation states clearly my cancellation policy. Believe it or not, VRBO sided with me. I contacted them and said that I did not want their cancellation policies on my listing. They said it has to be on there. This is BS. We all pay our good money to advertise with them. We are the owners and they work for us. I also don't like the way we have no means to contact those that submit inquiries (and they have no way to contact us). Even after the reservation is accepted, they no longer provide addresses of the renters. In the past, I use Yapstone but now only use PayPal. We had a renter wanting to cancel their reservation after arriving at the house. They said it was filthy and uninhabitable, hair all over the linens and smelled horrible.

What they didn't realize was that we live in the same area as the rental house and had been there before their arrival and checked everything and found nothing wrong. My husband went to the house and asked them to show him what she was complaining about. One was a "maggot" she said she found. It was a small caterpillar by the front door, there was no hair on any of the linens and smelled clean. We videoed the entire house and called VRBO and sent them the video and our statement. They agreed with us on this and case was closed. Yapstone tried to get our bank to release to them the money that the renter had paid. We told them that VRBO agreed with us. It all got very nasty and we are no longer allowed to use Yapstone. Like I would have continued using them? All in all I really do not like what VRBO has become.

Original review: April 7, 2018

VRBO is absolutely worthless. Searching for properties to rent in Nashville. Property 1 - Credit card declined, used another card, declined, Fiancee used her card and got an email of confirmation (wth)... then within the hour it got declined. Property 2 - Paid and confirmed with credit card, had to wait 24 hours and owner never approved the stay. Property 3 - Paid and confirmed with credit card, had to wait 24 hours and owner never approved the stay again! This is the epitome of absolute timewasting and mental frustration. SO, I use VRBO to find properties and then do a search on that particular property and book them through the property itself. It amazes me how a company like this can exist.

Original review: April 6, 2018 I have never written about a company before, but the level of rudeness and ineptness with VRBO's 'customer service' has caused me to write my first review.

Back in October 2017 we attempted to have reviews of our house transferred from one listing number to another listing number. This was the same house that we own but we were with a new rental agency and therefore wanted our old reviews to be transferred from the old listing to the new listing. Back in October we spoke with Louise in customer support and she took on our case, # **. We then set up 2 separate times to speak with her on the phone and both times she did not show up. We then followed up with emails and she stopped responding. At this point we gave up.

Fast forward to April 2018, I decided to give it another try. I called and spoke with one person in customer support and he told me the information I would need - the answer to the security question with our old listing agency and the answer to the security question with our new listing agency. I asked numerous time if this was all we needed and I was told over and over that this was the only information needed. I explained to this person how important it was that he was giving me the right information being that I had to go to a rental agency that we fired and ask for this information.

I then called back with the information I was told I needed to get and the next person I spoke to stated that he now needed to know different security questions. I explained again how I was just told that I only needed the one answer to the security question and he said he didn't know why I was told this information but they needed the information before they could proceed. He then asked me to see a deed to my house to prove that I owned it. I asked if there was anything else we could provide considering most people do not walk around with a deed to their house. He was extremely rude and condescending and I asked to speak to a manager. He would not let me speak to a manager and then proceeded to hang up on me.

I then called back for a 3rd time and immediately asked to speak to a manager because it was obvious that not only did the support was inept and could not answer my questions and did not feel responsible for getting the job done. Person 3 in customer support was named Johnny. Not only would he not get a manager, he also would not give me any other identifying information besides to tell me that his name was Johnny. I repeatedly stated I will only speak to a manager because the support services people could not help me and refused to do so. I eventually hung up more frustrated than I have ever been. There was no money involved, I was not asking to get access to listings, I was not trying to view private information - I simply wanted the reviews transferred from one listing to another.

I repeatedly provided the information that they asked for only to have them change their request when I would call back. I repeatedly asked for a manager only to be told No. I repeatedly asked for a staff identifying number and was repeatedly told no. I repeatedly set up meetings with these individuals and they repeatedly did not show up. I repeatedly emailed asking for help and they did not respond. And now they have raised their rates to $500/listing and are taking a percentage of each one of my rentals for "24 hour support"?

I have never dealt with a more inept, rude, condescending, absolutely zero ownership of responsibility company. I honestly wonder if they even have a management of customer support if that is the way staff are allowed to treat customers. There are obviously no consequences for these individuals if they are allowed to repeatedly not show up for meetings, not get problems resolved, drop the ball, not give a name or identifying staff number, not let a customer speak to management. I don't understand how a company can operate like this or how a 'support services' department can operate with absolutely no requirements to resolve customer issues.

They have gone downhill over the last year or two and every person I know who has to deal with them has many of the same issues. I really hope something can be done about their horrendous treatment of customers and unwillingness to resolve problems. VRBO - you have become synonymous with cable companies for your lack of customer support. Do something about it or you will go the way of cable companies that are now struggling to keep up with the Hulu's, Sling, Netflix, Amazon Prime companies. We will not be treated like crap and keep coming back - you have competitors and more and more are showing up because people dislike your company more and more each day. Get it together or get out of the business!

Original review: April 6, 2018

My family and I have been using VRBO rental as a guest for over 10 years. I am so disgusted with the way all the attachment fees are almost double or the same amount of the rental cost! It’s making us guest impossible to stays and afford a vacation. There’s no way at all, it makes me sick to my stomach to tell my kids we no longer can afford to go to PCB Florida on spring break or holiday because the prices are jacked up to max our budget! It’s almost better to stay in roach motel and pile the kids in the same bed. Homeowners you can stick together and do something about these piracy! They are robbing you of quality guest and customers with your eyes wide open. There’s gotta be some law to step in and stop this.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have had a listing on VRBO for nearly 20 yrs. All was good, now with the HomeAway takeover NO customer service, non-English speaking reps that will lie instead of checking for the truthful answer. So frustrated, looking for another option.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We have owned a vacation rental property for over 10 years and listed primarily with VRBO. While we get good exposure and good renters we have seen VRBO doing more and more to get between us and our customers and charge excessive fees for bookings and refunds. We used to simply list our rental on VRBO and then close the arrangements and payments directly with renters. Online booking is now required. VRBO claims this is necessary to provide a smooth and “insured“ experience for the traveler. However it is really a thinly veiled move to gain control over the whole transaction and extract fees at every step including timely cancellations. We also pay an annual fee of $399 which should be sufficient compensation for our listing. As someone else said, customer service is scripted. I wouldn’t want to work there. Looking for better listing option recommendations. HomeToGo? Others?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have used VRBO as a traveler and owner for years. The single most important feature to me - from both angles - is being able to communicate with the owner/traveler prior to booking. I don’t even mind the extra fees! As an owner, no longer being able to speak with my guests prior to booking is simply not acceptable. I have a significant investment that I need to protect. I am looking into alternatives for listing my home. So sad that they have ruined what was once a fabulous travel platform.

Original review: April 5, 2018

VRBO had a good thing going connecting owners and renters for vacation rentals. Now, they won't even reveal the contact info to each other. You're supposed to just blindly accept a renter if you're an owner. They forget that I have a significant investment. I'm NOT going to hand keys to someone I haven't screened. And renters have the same concerns. They don't want to just blindly walk into someplace. No more, there are options. Using hometogo.com. Renters can see everything (including VRBO) and make their own choices.

Original review: April 4, 2018

When looking for property in Naples’s Florida the number of listings actually available are far less than advertised. The time spent using VRBO could be better used dealing with a realtor. I found a property but not without days of aggravation. This business needs new and better management or another company will steal their business. Would love to see others enter this business.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The level of customer service is nearly non-existent at this company. Since the HomeAway merger, service has rapidly declined. As a property owner, they treat you as you're an inconvenience and are less than eager to help actually support or assist when issues arise. The communication is difficult, many Representatives have extremely heavy accents and very broken English (not to be judgmental, but this does make conducting business and communicating very difficult). Representatives are unknowledgeable and are unable to divert from their scripted roles. There is limited contact information or resources on the website, as it seems they are avoiding contact with their customers. For the fees they charge, this is unacceptable.

We tried to change bank accounts and the hoops they made us jump through - and with no guidance, instruction or explanation - was ridiculous. Incurred two days of wasted time. After two inept Representatives were unable to email me the information I had requested the first time, I asked to speak to a supervisor. Had to leave a message with the Rep. A member of their "resolution team" later called and left a voice message. He said "since I was unable to reach you, I will be closing this case." WHAT?

There was no resolution to my concern and never a chance to confer with the "supervisor". If you don't answer your phone, that's it, they tried, done. Spoke to them the following day and the man was rude, insulting and dismissive. He insisted they "did their due diligence but you didn't answer, ma'am." Unbelievably insulting and unprofessional. We will be doing our best to distance ourselves from this company and stop putting money in their pocket when they treat their customers like garbage.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Our family recently began a vacation with the expectation of staying in a VRBO rental house. On January 22, 2017, eleven months before our planned vacation was to begin, we had made the reservation for a six-night stay from December 25 to December 31, 2017. All payments were made on time, using VRBO’s website. We were looking forward to relaxing in our 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom house with a shared living space and enclosed heated pool, game room, and washer and dryer. With eight people, three families coming from two states, the space and amenities of the house we booked was what we needed to be comfortable.

As we began our drive to the airport on December 25, 2017, we sent a message to the owner, Steven **, requesting the door code, which had not yet arrived. To our horror, five minutes later we received no reply, but a cancellation of our reservation and the immediate refunding of all payments except for the required $99.00 insurance. Feeling sure it was a mistake, we tried to get in contact with the owner, to no avail. Remembering the protection that VRBO promised, we immediately called customer service. We explained to VRBO that we were traveling, had no access to computers, and an extremely full schedule including park tickets which have already been purchased and late dinner reservations.

We were relieved to hear that we would be put in a hotel for one night while a comparable house was found for us; that we wouldn’t have to worry about where we would stay while we enjoy our vacation. We were promised VRBO would take care of it. Once we arrived at airport, we called again to learn that VRBO was trying to put us into two rooms with a single King bed in each room. They were unable to find rooms with two beds each and we would have to accept the King beds and couch pullouts for six people nearly six feet tall, one seven-year-old and one average height person. After settling for four rooms with King beds for two nights, we accepted the conditions and boarded our flight.

We arrived at our destination, checked into our motel and anticipated our next day’s adventure. The next day came after a very sleepless night in hot, uncomfortable rooms with uncomfortable beds. We were spending our first day at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. With no news from VRBO regarding the rest of our stay, we called VRBO again. We spent 150 minutes, spread over 6 hours and nine calls, on the phone, each time starting over the process with a new representative as VRBO would not assign our case to a single representative. VRBO was unable to find accommodations, unable to find rooms with two beds each, unable to find another house.

The last representative we talked to on December 26th, around 4 pm, informed us that we were expected to find our own new rental house, contact the owner, watch for the reply, and so on, despite the promise the day before and no access or time for a computer. We learned there was no guarantee that we would get a rental. After 6 hours of Walt Disney time, trying to sort things out with VRBO, and with the verbal guarantee that we could find a hotel of our choosing and be reimbursed, we found a sleeping arrangement outside the desired area, more suitable than the motel.

We ended up spending more money than we originally would, driving twice the distance, and having to pay six tolls per day, and we did not get to spend our off-time together in a shared family space. Still, the accommodations we found would save VRBO money because we were able to get into three rooms with two beds each instead of being spread into four rooms with one real bed each.

Upon returning home, VRBO has informed us we didn’t follow their rules for getting our own accommodations. VRBO is denying us access to the Reimbursement Form. VRBO somehow expected us to have a computer while on vacation, for us to disregard what their representative guaranteed, for us to study their website, to follow every technicality, to receive a reimbursement for the hotel expense. Their recorded verbal instruction, which we followed, is not good enough to warrant a refund?

We now learn that VRBO expected us to get pre-approval from VRBO during peak season in Orlando, Florida before collected our bags at 11 pm, from the uncomfortable motel and moving to our personally reserved hotel with two beds per room. That would have been asking us to take the chance on VRBO’s services which were proving to be less than advertised. We could have lost our new hard-to-find reservations and be stranded without a place to sleep if we did not take care of the remainder of our stay in Orlando ourselves.

Our expectation is for VRBO to recognize that we followed their representative’s instructions, and to honor VRBO’s promise to reimburse our hotel expenses. They finally allowed us access to forms to file for reimbursement. It's been three months now since the horrible trip and VRBO has not followed up on the reimbursement. No more word from them. They also deleted my profile information and any proof that this happened to us.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Lake Las Vegas - 18 Luna review. Last year I stayed in Vierra for four weeks. I was moved at least five times so this year I thought I’d try Luna for five weeks this year. I work with a number of HOA’s so I know the drill. I want to start by saying that the owner (Victor) was great to work with. He always got back to me when I had a question. The unit was neat & clean with great lake views. I was very happy with this part of the stay & he did anything within his power. There were some issues that were totally out of the owner's control & are management/HOA issues that need to be fixed. I brought up a few issues to the front desk, they blew me off & they said there wasn’t anything they could do & to contact the management company. I contacted the Management Company but never got any results.

Barking dogs were an ongoing problem & many in the Luna building are upset. The worst dog was right next door. Dogs were allowed out on the balconies & anytime there was movement in the pool or someone outside the fence the dogs would start barking & wouldn’t quit. A few times there were at least four dogs barking at the same time in the East & West Luna building. I felt like I was living in a kennel & it was totally annoying. The fix seems pretty simple to me… Don’t allow the dogs on the balconies or put a bark collar on them or get rid of the dog if it’s a nuisance. Pool & hot tub: They were drained the last two weeks. We could use the pool across the bridge in Vierra but it was a long walk or you had to drive & park quite a ways away. I’m an old guy (73) & it was a difficult walk.

Towed cars: They hired a new towing company. Many cars got green tow tags & towed. I visited with a few owners & there wasn’t proper notification. One lady returned from being gone & was looking for her car. She was in tears & had no clue that a change was made & she had her old parking pass in the car. I had a parking pass only to find a green tow sticker & my parking pass was no good. I thought I was doing things right & this not only upset me but most everyone in Luna. Management/HOA screwed up & should be held accountable & should reimburse the owners for towing costs. I give the owner very high marks BUT I cannot recommend staying @ Luna or Vierra until management/HOA fix things. I paid full price for all the amenities & HOA/Management (Management Trust) fell way short. Again, this was out of the owner's control. VRBO Renters Insurance needs to help out here. Case ** needs resolution.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Renting your home out through VRBO and having damage occur at the hands of your renters is awful. Dealing with their insurance co is a nightmare. First be prepared provide original receipts. All you're going to get is 1500.00. After doing that you have to get the renter TO ADMIT THEY DAMAGED YOUR PROPERTY to the insurance co! What? Our renters burned our home down after checking in 6 hours earlier. They would not speak or return calls to any insurance company. Not ours, and not VRBO’s. All we expected was a mere $1500.00 but no, we were required to provide proof they burned our home down. Our house was gone and they didn’t want to pay $1500?? I got a letter from the fire dept with the renter's name on it. I got that $1500, VRBO and their Insurance co needs to do better by their customers. Homeowners beware.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been a homeowner member of VRBO website for numerous years. I was always 100% satisfied with VRBO rental website until they were bought out and revised the VRBO rental system. I own rental properties that require approval from the HOA and Property Management Company before I can rent. The new site allows travelers to book directly through the VRBO system and VRBO charges me extra for this service! I pay a high annual fee for VRBO website and now they charge me extra for bookings that aren't approved. I have had to reject several rental bookings because of this problem.

In the past, renters inquiring about my rentals properties had their information sent directly to me. After I explained the rental protocol to them, they had the option to rent or not. Unfortunately, the new VRBO site is awful for consumers seeking rentals and for the owners to communicate directly with potential renters. I have detailed as much of this information in my rental description to "contact me directly" before making a rental commitment, however, VRBO blocks my personal information until after the consumer commits or even pays on a credit card. Sadly, I will not be renewing my contract with them in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I am a property owner and have used VRBO for about 5 years with no issue until this past year! VRBO has taken away all control property owners have of renting out their homes. I prefer corresponding with guests and getting a rental agreement signed. VRBO does everything in their power to prevent this type of negotiation! Guests are expected to pay by CC and get charged a huge a service fee in addition to the fee they charge property owner. If they pay by credit card, we owners are charged 3-5%. If, instead of accepting a reservation request within 24 hours, I reply to the potential renter to answer their questions or give options, VRBO cancels the reservation request and HIDES MY PROPERTY even though I have paid for an annual contract!!! They won't even allow owners and renters to share contact information!!! WTH... I PAID THE ANNUAL FEE!!!

VRBO.com Company Information