2.8/5 (758 ratings)

About VRBO.com

VRBO.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We enjoyed a wonderful stay in May cottage, Duns, to celebrate a family wedding. However we were charged an excessive cleaning fee for not stripping the beds and using the grill and oven. I have since challenged the fee with the owner as I would have anticipated routine cleaning between rents to cover these elements but have not had any response. It’s a real shame as the cottage was lovely and I am left feeling very disappointed that the fee was excessive with no explanation of how it can be justified. Be aware that the Terms allow £100 to be taken from your credit card without discussion.

Original review: June 23, 2021

June 12-19 we rented a condo in Myrtle Beach in Arcadian 2 # 3F, what a beautiful condo, very big and a wonderful view of the ocean, spacious balcony and the decor throughout was beautifully done. The owner was very nice and kept in contact once in a while to make sure everything was to our liking, I would recommend this property to anyone, you won't be disappointed!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I stayed in a VRBO in Moab. It was a duplex with lots of room and a large yard just south of town. Brand new! Hot a wonderful hot tub that was very clean. It also came with a gas fire pit that we did not use. We could not stay awake long enough after our biking adventures for the dark. Well stocked. New appliances.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I am usually lucky in finding places to stay while on vacation by using this site. I love the reviews others leave that have stayed at that location as it helps me determine if it's right or not. There are also usually multiple choices of different locations in the area so I'm not just tied down to one choice. The different ways you can filter for the right location help.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I have always had good experiences working with the owners through VRBO. I have not had issues with payments, accommodations, refunds, etc. My advice is to read the details and inspect the photos posted as well as communicate directly with the owners as to the specific needs you have.... How close to the beach, pet policies, etc.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

A property owner cancelled my reservation because we needed more time to pay as someone in the party was in the icu on a ventilator with expectations to recover but the group was going to cover their portion we just needed a bit more time. The reservation would have been paid in full within 30 days of arrival. We were over 60 days from the trip. All correspondence between owner and myself was on the VRBO platform. I asked owner to please refund the deposit and she could keep any vrbo fees, she declined. I then reported her to customer service where they have a guarantee of all reservations and those reservations are eligible for a full refund if the owner cancels and there is no natural disaster or house destruction by traveler.

The trip did not occur as it was cancelled in January and the trip was in March. VRBO did not honor their policy and did not refund me my deposit. I had to refute the charge with my bank to receive my money back. Do not use this platform as they are fraudulent pro host only and have unethical business practices. I will stick with Booking.com, Airbnb and other high end sites. VRBO is criminal in how they subjectively do not abide by their travelers refund guarantee.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Generali Global Assistance & Insurance Services sold "Travel Cancellation" insurance on the VRBO rental accommodations web platform. I purchased the insurance to cover a rental property stay for a group of youth baseball players attending the Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) tournament in New York. The reservation and insurance purchase was made in December 2019. The trip was to take place on August 7, 2020 to August 14, 2020. Later, as a result of Covid19 the state of New York imposed restrictions that resulted in the cancellation of the event including travel restrictions to New York state.

Generali Global Assistance & Insurance Services denied my claim for returned deposit on the basis of criteria they developed after Covid19 became an issue. Note that the policy was purchased before Covid19. Generali Global Assistance & Insurance Services was deceptive in their advertising presented on the VRBO website. They led the purchaser to believe that the advertised "Trip Cancellation" insurance was in fact just that, a policy to compensate in the event of an unforeseen and unavoidable cancellation.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Events that occurred: 1) Landlord complained about our utility / hydro usage & we were g gone for 2 weeks of 8 week stay. 2) Cleaners never showed for the cleaning I was REQUIRED to schedule. 3) I was NEVER able to reach the hostess with questions, EVER! The rental office was not able to reach her either. Unacceptable. 4) The furniture broke only to find out via the repairman that it was held together with white duct tape. 5) The dishwasher is destroyed. 6) I could not find the remote for the TV. Turns out it was folded up in the sofa couch. Concerned that the bed had not been cleaned at all.

7) No front door key on original key ring provided. I rummaged through some loose keys to finally find it. AFTER I gave low customer sat. rating, the company turned around and gave me a poor customer rating. When asked why, they said it was because the shower curtain was dirty. Who washes the shower curtain after renting with VRBO. I have email communication to back up everything I have provided above.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I made a booking with this company for a 2 week stay in Mexico. 2 days prior to my trip the host canceled. I figured I "Booked with confidence" so it would be fine. Spent the next 3 hours on hold with customer service. They told me the guarantee did not apply. Apparently there is fine print that is not listed online. So I booked and they did nothing except find me places to stay that were double and triple the price I had previously. They are not based in the USA and do not have to worry about holding up the claims that are made. Please remember that you are not "Booking with confidence."

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I reserved three separate vacation rentals on a recent trip to Mexico and each owner emailed later to say their unit was not available. They questioned how I was able to book as each unit had been reserved months earlier. VRBO is a useless platform with inaccurate availability. After such a disappointing experience I am now receiving emails from VRBO to submit reviews for units I did not stay in. While I am new to both platforms, Airbnb was far more accurate and reliable.

VRBO.com Company Information