3.15/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

1821 VRBO.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

I found my place of stay using VRBO and it actually exceeded my expectations. The cleanliness of the condo was excellent. Everything from the furniture to appliances were modern and didn't look old. The bedrooms were large and the wrap around patio was awesome. The patio extended around the entire condo and the view was amazing. The bathroom I felt was small and the shower was outdated especially when compared to everything that was inside the condo. That was the one and only thing I didn't like. But the location was perfect as it was close enough to all the stores and yet isolated enough from all the hustle and bustle of all the traffic and vacationers. The pool and beach were steps away from condo as you exited the elevator. The price was a little for the condo was a little high but after experiencing the peacefulness, cleanliness, and convenience it was worth it. I would stay at the condo and recommend it to others as well.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Vacation Rentals By Owner or VRBO was a breath of fresh air. There was a spa/hot tub pool and pool table. Owners went out and bought a new game console so I would have something to play on the 3br 2bath home. Had a refrigerator fully stocked w/ condiments, a gas grill on back patio, restaurant menus w/ grocery store discount cards, 50 something inch screen, Cable, WiFi all across the street from Disney Land and @ $1,200 for 7days a definite change in price. D.L. was $485 per night one room, fridge didn't work, had to pay $25 per day Valet parking, doorman tips. VRBO 5???? ****D.L. 1????

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

728 Dotters Corner Rd., Kunkletown, PA... was a “Cozy” and “FUN” home for our family to share! This “SPACIOUS and STYLISH” home... provided the 8 of us with an AWESOME “Winter Weekend” experience! The “Game Room” exceeded our expectations as we relaxed and enjoyed the 3 pinball machines... pool and foosball tables... multi-genre jukebox... and simulated golf driving range! We were impressed with the “Barn doors” and decorative accents... Joe ** infused throughout the home! Well done Joe! Thank you Colleen ** for a comfortable and priceless stay in Kunkletown!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I can't say enough about our experience at 241 2nd Street Key Colony Beach, Florida. From the time we arrived the house felt like it was our home. We were greeted shortly after arrival by a person from the management company to make sure we were able to gain entrance and we were asked if we needed anything. The house was exceptionally clean and both bathrooms and the kitchen are updated. The baths are equipped with clean towels, soap, shampoo and there are extra towels in the laundry room that is equipped with a stacked washer and dryer. The kitchen is equipped with newer glassware, dishware, pots, pans and a cabinet of spices.

The A.C worked perfectly and we were all comfortable day and night. This house comes with a membership to the Cabana Club which is just a block and 1/2 away. The Cabana Club features a large pool, access to the sandy beach and a restaurant with great food and service and drinks. The Key Colony Inn is also within walking distance with excellent seafood along with steaks for dinner. We didn't eat other meals there. There are many other great restaurants just a short drive away. I was able to eat Grouper, Hogfish, Yellowtail Snapper and Mahi mahi. You will enjoy your stay at this home.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

When VRBO first opened, tenants made their rental arrangements directly with the owners. Contracts were not consistent. I was nervous. Eventually, I found myself renting several units a year. It is significant to this VRBO review, that I never had a bad experience with an owner. I have never had to contact customer service - so I am NOT reviewing VRBO's customer service department. VRBO evolved with every new parent company, and I thought I would hate the last change... the one where tenants were charged a fee for booking their stays. I almost switched to another site. So far I am glad that I did not change. I was used to dealing directly with the owner, and the new system brought back all the insecurities from before. But now that I have done several rentals for which I have paid a fee, I have formed a new opinion of the VRBO platform. I actually like it, and I don't mind paying the fee.

In addition to advertising, the VRBO platform now assists in scheduling, communicating between tenants and owners, funds transfers, etc. I have tried out the new platform, and I like it despite the fee. As I said before, I cannot comment on VRBO's customer service - because I have never needed it. But as I skim-read other reviews on this website, it seemed to me that the complaint was really about the owners, rather than the VRBO platform. People, please understand that the platform is a bridge between owners and renters. The platform cannot control the owner, or the management company.

Example: one reviewer wrote of a short notice cancellation: the owner could not clean the unit and feared a bad review. I had an owner contact me to cancel because of unexpected construction next door. I begged her to let me stay, assuring her that the construction would not trouble us. (We work in the construction trade.) The owner was really reluctant, until I suggested she give us a 35% discount. Bingo! Happy owner. Happy tenant. (The construction was really not a problem, and I got a discount.)

Most of my rentals have been in the US and in Mexico, but I just returned from Italy where I rented two units, for one week each. Yes, bad experiences with owners have happened, but usually owners take your rental experience seriously, and want you have a good experience. I am super proactive about planning very far ahead, reading reviews with a cynical eye and establishing a relationship with owners. Those are not services VRBO can perform for you. Despite what I thought a couple of years ago, I haven't been given reason to leave VRBO. Now that I've learned how to make the most of the platform, I don't mind paying the fee. TO OWNERS OUT THERE: a short notice cancellation hurts everybody. If you're not committed to responsibly use the platform and provide a clean and professional rental, then STAY AWAY. We don't want you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Hello! I am a homeowner. I have a house listed on "Airbnb" and their process was so easy, payments are the very next day after check in. So, I decided to list on VRBO my available dates for more bookings. I received a booking for July 24th through the 30th. The guest was amazing. Came and went. It is now August 17th and I still haven't received my money from the booking. They have put in three "tickets". The last email I received said it was issued on August 6th and I should have it 5-7 days. I am still waiting for it and the one that was booked after it. Once my money is received I will not be listing my home with them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

BEWARE!! VRBO does not stand behind the rental agreements made by their condo owners, who can cancel an accepted rental with down payment AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. VRBO does not protect the traveler. They will try to find you another place to stay, but if it is not the quality or location you want, it doesn’t matter. The traveler has to scramble to find alternate lodging or cancel vacation plans, while the owner is not expected to honor their rental commitment.

I rented condo #1104D Turquoise Place in Orange Beach in January for mid-October. Owner ** canceled my reservation last week without notice and without my consent. I was offered alternate condos, but they weren’t what I wanted. I called VRBO who told me I had to accept an alternative condo or not travel on the original dates – that was my only option. If you do that, you’re condoning their behavior! I asked about breach of the rental contract and they only commented that the owner isn’t supposed to cancel like that. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?! Don’t believe the traveler protection promise. It doesn’t exist. My family is heartbroken that we won’t be able to enjoy our anticipated time together.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

VRBO is by far the WORST booking company I have ever used. I booked a house in Orlando in June for a vacation in November. I was quoted $1500 price for the house, and put down a deposit. I logged back in in August to look at my reservation, and the price now says $2100!!!! I contacted the property manager and did not receive a reply. When I contacted VRBO, the representative said that they could not help me, that they could only contact the owner on my behalf and leave my number. I never received a reply. I called back and finally got a phone number for the manager, and he has still not called me back. The reservation will NOT let me CANCEL online, it must be done through the property manager. I just don't understand how it is legal to change the price AFTER you've put down a deposit. Never, never neverrr use them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Don’t use this company. I’ve been trying to get a refund of $27 since the beginning of July. I’ve made several phone calls to correspond to these people. I talked to someone at the end of July who said I was refunded on August 2nd. As of now it is still not there. So, I talked to someone else today and they insisted it was refunded on August 2nd. So next step I need to research on credit card to find the refund. So, I pulled up my statement activity from Jan 1 to now. And, I just found where they refunded it, but dated it April 26th. How on earth was I to find that when I was looking at August dates. This company is ridiculous and needs to be held accountable for the trouble and aggravation they put their customers through. Airbnb for me going forward.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

VRBO payments/credits. Recently used VRBO. Homeowner was very helpful and explained VRBO had made some changes. Takes the company several days to process payments and credits. Over a week for credit. Where is technology??

VRBO.com Company Information