2.77/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

VRBO.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

As both a VRBO guest and Vrbo home owner, the number of 1-Star reviews totally shocked me, but I can understand the frustration of what people have summarized in their reviews: You make a reservation at a home with the expectation for a wonderful time only to find that the place is not as represented or is a dump or isn't available upon arrival at all. Then on top of this major disappointment, we have a hassle retrieving your deposit or even worse, your entire payment ... and Vrbo generally says that there isn't much of anything that it can do to help you resolve the mess because it's just the intermediary in matching up the home owner and the guest.

But thank heavens, it's not always this way. We, as an Owner, make a major effort in ensure that our guests receive a 5-star experience at our beach home in Santa Cruz, CA -- lots of amenities, an on-site concierge, a 5-person cleaning crew between every guest, and a deposit refund policy that has returned 100% of the payment of every guest that has had to cancel to date.

On the flip side, as a Vrbo Guest, every experience has been a delight. We never have had a complaint. At the core of our own and our guests' Vrbo experiences, are the guest reviews. If a property has a string of 5-star reviews a mile long, it's going to be a super experience -- and if it isn't, the Owner is going to make it right. On the other hand, in instances where the experience has been a revoltingly bad as those mentioned in many of the CF reviews, there's going be a pattern of 1-star guest indictments of the place. And, to the best of my knowledge, there's no way that an Owner can tinker with the reviews to bury the truth. So what I look for are great reviews -- and lots of them -- before I book anything.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I found my place of stay using VRBO and it actually exceeded my expectations. The cleanliness of the condo was excellent. Everything from the furniture to appliances were modern and didn't look old. The bedrooms were large and the wrap around patio was awesome. The patio extended around the entire condo and the view was amazing. The bathroom I felt was small and the shower was outdated especially when compared to everything that was inside the condo. That was the one and only thing I didn't like. But the location was perfect as it was close enough to all the stores and yet isolated enough from all the hustle and bustle of all the traffic and vacationers. The pool and beach were steps away from condo as you exited the elevator. The price was a little for the condo was a little high but after experiencing the peacefulness, cleanliness, and convenience it was worth it. I would stay at the condo and recommend it to others as well.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 30, 2019

Vacation Rentals By Owner or VRBO was a breath of fresh air. There was a spa/hot tub pool and pool table. Owners went out and bought a new game console so I would have something to play on the 3br 2bath home. Had a refrigerator fully stocked w/ condiments, a gas grill on back patio, restaurant menus w/ grocery store discount cards, 50 something inch screen, Cable, WiFi all across the street from Disney Land and @ $1,200 for 7days a definite change in price. D.L. was $485 per night one room, fridge didn't work, had to pay $25 per day Valet parking, doorman tips. VRBO 5???? ****D.L. 1????

Original review: May 18, 2019

We enjoyed our stay in the condo very much! It was clean, and stocked with things you would not have imagined -- like toys for playing in the sand and chairs -- little touches that just made our stay that much more pleasant. We had some minor issues along the way, but the property manager was available to us, and quite helpful every step of the way. We also had a beautiful view of the beach. Would definitely rent this condo again!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

728 Dotters Corner Rd., Kunkletown, PA... was a “Cozy” and “FUN” home for our family to share! This “SPACIOUS and STYLISH” home... provided the 8 of us with an AWESOME “Winter Weekend” experience! The “Game Room” exceeded our expectations as we relaxed and enjoyed the 3 pinball machines... pool and foosball tables... multi-genre jukebox... and simulated golf driving range! We were impressed with the “Barn doors” and decorative accents... Joe ** infused throughout the home! Well done Joe! Thank you Colleen ** for a comfortable and priceless stay in Kunkletown!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We recently stayed at a VRBO property, managed by Wyndham Resorts, and the house was not in good condition. A couple things were even downright dangerous to leave unpaired. I learned, however, that in the process of leaving a review, if you clicked on the “no, I didn’t enjoy my stay/frowning face emoji”, you got booted out of the process. One question was asked, and it was "would you recommend us to others". No place for comments or to leave stars. I only got to leave my review by clicking on the opposite emoji, saying I had a good time. So logic tells me that others might have reviewed the house honestly, but were unable to leave their reviews. I feel like I was scammed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I booked a rental through VRBO for New Years' Eve months in advance. It was cancelled by the owner through no fault of my own, and I found myself without a venue for my event only a month before the holiday after friends had already taken off work and made plans to be in attendance. I contacted VRBO support who said they would help find me a comparable place and honor the rate within 4-6 days.

After 6 days of silence, I called back to check in and was told that the customer service rep had lied to me and (despite their “book with confidence” policies) there was nothing they could do. After spending a lengthy amount of time on the phone trying to get some help, they emailed me two property listings in the specific location I told them I was not interested in. I have been searching for a new property independently for weeks now with no luck and VRBO has not so much as followed up with me. As a first time user, this has been an appalling first time experience with the site and I highly recommend against renting with them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Property owners beware!! Class action lawsuit should be filed against this website! Homeowners have been ripped off and abused by this website! We as homeowners should be awarded damages for our losses! Unfair business practices due to greed!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I sent a poor review of our stay in Boston this summer. I got an email back saying they will review it and get back to me. They never did! They don't want to lose their source of revenue which is their listings at any cost!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

My guests stayed on 11/27/19 and left on 12/1/19 - VRBO finally paid on 12/2/19 BUT only after calling them two times. The first call on 12/1/19 was useless as the Customer Service Rep was not empowered or trained to solve my issue. He logged in a request for someone to contact me. On 12/2/19 I had not received a call/email from VRBO so I called again. The new rep could not resolve my issue therefore, I had to insist my issue be escalated to a manager - I was on the call with VRBO for an unreasonable amount of time (approx. 1 hour). I'm pretty sure VRBO holding my funds for these 6 days is unethical (maybe illegal). VRBO should pay me a late charge or offer some form of compensation. An apology would be nice as well.

VRBO.com Company Information