VRBO.com

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've used VRBO for at least 10 years, and I typically book through them 3-5 times per year. When I recently booked a trip on 8/29, I was charged a $222 service fee, which was not clearly communicated when the reservation was made over the phone. This new fee should be clearly communicated as a new charge that provides little to no value. I would not have booked on VRBO had I known in advance about this new fee, and I will never book through them again. The fee should be very clearly articulated both on the website as well as the agent when booking by phone like we did. These are deceptive trade practices.

A young woman going by the name of Shanice ** rented my place via VRBO and, while there, stole personal checks and made out thousands of dollars' worth of checks to cash for herself. When I threatened to press charges, she destroyed my home before I could have her removed by the police. She broke my bed, destroyed my couch, broke mirrors and lamps, and left soiled clothing items strewn about my unit. Drug bags and a crack pipe were left on my coffee table. She managed to break into a hidden drawer of personal items and stole jewelry, glassware, linens, and other personal effects.

VRBO and Home Away have done NOTHING to assist or reimburse me. According to their policies, guests may purchase insurance to cover property damage, which was my understanding with this guest. But because the guest in question is a felon and scam artists, her card on file is bogus and cannot be charged. I would recommend AirBnB over VRBO any day. This business has provided zero help or support in the wake of this nightmare. It's shameful and outrageous.

They have restructured their company to benefit themselves, and owners wishing to advertise their properties, and guests, are suffering as a result. They have removed owners' phone numbers from websites. You are forced to purchase a VRBO listing at $499 each to advertise on their site, and because you do not use their BOOK IT feature which costs guests 9% booking fee, which we do not, our ads are placed at the bottom of same type condo listings. They need to change their name from Vacation Rental by Owner to Vacation Rental by Expedia. I have 25 properties, and looking for a new company and getting out of VRBO.

As a homeowner, I share the same experiences shared by many of you in the most recent posts regarding HomeAway and VRBO and their decision to begin charging end-customers (guests) fees on top of homeowner rental fees - so I don't think I need to add anything more about that part of the change to their business model. What I find equally concerning is the deceptive and untrue tactics used to scare potential guests. Our VRBO page now features a message stating: "The owner has been emailed. To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more."

Deceptive: implying that guests must book through for protection. Absurd and deceitful. My wife and I have enjoyed working directly with guests through VRBO for 6 years without an issue. Suddenly we're not to be trusted? (come on guys - really?) Untrue: guests CAN book our property directly through us from the our VRBO page (if they can find us now), by simply clicking 'Send Email'. Brian et al - I hope you see all these posts. You must have forgotten - without all of us homeowners - you wouldn't exist (you're welcome). Your greed will be your demise.

I started using VRBO in 2009 and had a great experience until they were purchased by Expedia. The other reviews are correct, they change their pricing without regard or notification to their clients, which I put up with because the platform was fairly decent until now. We got a ONE star review on our 5 star property for a time when it was not rented (we were using it). The notice from VRBO said they were reviewing a property in Indiana, ours is in NJ. When I called they said we have to get a case number (which they gave me) and they would review it and get back to me and they would NOT temporarily take it off while they investigated. Then they emailed us with a case number (which we already had) and did NOTHING until we would write back to them again.

I called and the people that work there are like robots with no power, not even any skills to show some compassion. They AGAIN could do NOTHING, not even block the review from viewing. I wrote back and am hopeful someone will respond. Anyone can write a review about any property at any time, even if they have never stayed there! We are in pursuit of other avenues to showcase our property at this point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

VRBO advised me to post a review for **. We have been unable to get our refundable deposit back from James ** with Vacation Rentals in the Desert. We cancelled 8 months prior to our planned stay because we discovered the home was listed on auction.com as well as listed for sale. VRBO actually has set up their review system so that you can't submit a review unless you have actually stayed in the property. We wanted to warn others that the property manager is a scam artist. We are very displeased with our dealings with VRBO.

When looking through VRBO listings, one tends to send enquiries to more than one listing at a time. There might be questions, better properties may come up, prices need to be confirmed, etc... so sending an enquiry should not be a commitment to rent. Some listings require banking information in order to submit enquiries. There is no warning noting that your bank account will be debited for the full amount of rental, insurance, etc for each enquiry. I did not even receive replies for some of the enquiries, yet my bank account was debited and now I am being told that funds will be held for 7 days. I will never use VRBO again. A scam.

Having been a client of VRBO since 2007, I have been consistently disappointed with the ever changing fee structure and concept of the site. VRBO as "Vacation Rental by Owner" was the site I originally signed up for. I rent my home to guests who appreciate living like a local. I do not own a hotel, this is my personal residence and I want to have contact with the guests before approving a stay, to be able to weed out the scams (which consist of a grand majority of inquiries). Since being bought by HomeAway and then Expedia the amount of hubris management has shown is exceptional. I signed a one year contract and paid top dollar in January 2016. In July 2016 a new program was rolled out charging my guests a 9% fee. How in the world is it legal to change the structure in the middle of a contract?

I renewed again before July 2016 for one more year (so till January 2018) as they claimed I could keep my current listing status if I did so. This is completely false. Instead of keeping current status, they added the "book now" button, put me at the bottom of the list and I've had exactly one inquiry since March. The one inquiry included the new "service fee" of 9% and offered the guests direct payment. I am unclear as to how VRBO can accept payment for my property and offer "insurance" on it, when they have no means of getting payment to me. I have never given them authorization, nor do they have my banking information. The patronizing video that Expedia's CEO filmed explaining the new plan was full of misinformation and I not longer will be doing business with them. If anyone out there knows of another site where the original concept of a homeowner renting directly to guests, I'd be happy to hear of it.

Owner review of me/plus extra fees - Always got a great review and returned to many places in SoCal, but got a bad VRBO review. No easy way to respond. I'm hoping someone at VRBO sees this and responds. I tried to email VRBO, but the system kept stopping me. Meanwhile, VRBO adds a fee when you go to pay that is not listed in the cost of the place. The owner apologized and promise to reimburse the fee, but didn't. No more VRBO for me.

So customers can give reviews on VRBO but they lie and VRBO doesn't request any proof and they get all the bad reviews approved but landlord can't do anything about when a dishonest customer want something for free and play the game, "Give me a free day or I will give you a bad review." My customer through VRBO dashboard told me that would give me a bad review because I told him I wouldn't give him a free stay and VRBO read all my history and did nothing to defend me when I pay lots of money to this crap company that now I hate and I will not renew my ad. Customer are dishonest and use reviews against landlords and VRBO does nothing. Now I'm advertising at Florida premier and it's way different and better. LANDLORDS PLEASE DON'T RENEW YOUR AD. GIVE UP ON VRBO SO THEY WILL BE FORCED TO CHANGE THEIR STUPIDS RULES. We pay lots of money to this crap, I hate VRBO! Hate it!

I'm writing this to warn anyone who uses VRBO that you will be quoted a price you'll book it and pay and lo and behold you will get a charge from HomeAway in addition. This has happened to me twice already. After disputing the charge with the rental company (Hilton Head Golf and Rental) they told me to call HomeAway... What a joke... After 1 hour on the phone they told me to look at the very bottom of the VRBO website and find terms and conditions... It is in very small type way at the bottom of the page and it is under #9 that there may be an additional service charge. If you go to the VRBO website go way to the bottom and click on terms and conditions and look it up. I will never book through them again... I will go direct to the rental agent.

I have been paying VRBO contract for over 8 years. They continue to change their requirements for their posting position according to "their needs" not their "paying customers". Since Expedia took over, it is spiraling down. I paid $1200 this past year and $1000 a year for 2 years before that and I have had probably 75% less inquiries even when I signed up for online payments but VRBO gives you the option to contact the owner and call them. When you do, I think they block you for other inquiries. Looking for other options in the future. I dropped online payments as no one who rents my home wants to pay a service fee for something I as an owner are paying to list my property.

My rental property is a seasonal rental. It's in Florida and always rents for January-April. This year, I couldn't figure out why it isn't rented. I went to my VRBO listing and realized it wasn't to be found. I called VRBO and they said it was removed because I didn't update my calendar. I have no reason to update it because I have no rentals May through December. So what gives them the right to remove my listing? They said, 1) I didn't update my calendar, and 2) I am hidden and when I do update my calendar, I am WAY down on the list because I am not doing their online booking. Now, online booking of course gives them 2.9% of my renters money. Well, on a 90 day rental, it is almost $400 more dollars. This isn't right!

Homeowners on VRBO should be very careful about their fees. The first year my membership was not automatically renewed as I understood it would be - I was told "you have to renew it every year." The next year - after not using the site and taking my home out of the rental market - they automatically charged me for a full year. That's after not using their site for under a year. They just keep changing their policy so they can charge you - but don't always notify you. On follow up many times with them, they refused to assist and were really very rude. In the end they didn't refund and we had to call back a 6th time to endure it was in fact cancelled. It wasn't - after all that conversation about cancelling it they still didn't bother to cancel it. Terrible service, unprofessional, and unacceptable. If I didn't call back to double check I would have been charged again next year!!!

I will NEVER use VRBO again. I was hit with a service fee that wasn't disclosed in any way. When I contacted VRBO customer service I was given a runaround. I contacted the owner of the property and was told that the fee is something new. He said that he pays VRBO a yearly fee to list his property on the web and, until recently, had never had to deal with an additional charge to the renter. In this case I have, to my way of thinking, had $59.31 stolen from me by VRBO and apparently there is not a darn thing I can do about it.

Does anyone know if this the latest scam from VRBO/HomeAway? I responded direct to VRBO on listing number 301526. A beautiful home in Brentwood, CA, that seemed almost too good to be true - and more about that soon. My wife and I wanted to reserve the first two weeks of October. We were excited to find the listing! The home and grounds looked awesome! I submitted a question prior to committing and instead of an answer I got a phone call from VRBO telling me that in actuality listing 301526 is NOT AVAILABLE NOW OR IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE due to it being under "LONG TERM LEASE". However, in a very authoritative and practiced voice, the sales scum says "But we (VRBO) have many other wonderful and delightful homes in the area!!! Wow well la-di-da. Isn't this tactic of offering what you have no intention of delivering against the law? Or just against every moral and ethical business practice known to mankind.

I have had three London properties on VRBO since 2001, and it was our main source of income after my partner got injured in hospital in 2000. Every January we pay £1000 per property to advertise with them. They have now tried to force their 'book and pay through them' policy onto us and yesterday when I went to see my inbox for enquiries, this pop-up box popped up and there is no 'X' to close it down. I can't access my inbox and yet still have another five months worth of advertising paid up in advance with them. It's a SHAM!!!

VRBO, HOMEAWAY, AND VACATION RENTALS now strongarms owners to make them use the BOOK IT NOW system where travelers are forced to book thru VRBO instead of booking through the owner. VRBO implements the book it now system, and charges the traveler a 6-10% extra fee (nothing to do with the homeowner) and when traveler tries to book directly with homeowner, they suspend homeowner's ad or put them at the bottom of the list. This is a purely wasted fee! Don't book thru VRBO. Use Flipkey and save yourself money! Go find the same house on Flipkey. Save yourself hundreds of dollars!

Here is a quote: 5 nights $4750.00, cleaning fee $400.00, Property Damage Protection $59.00, Service Fee $283.25, Tax: $691.13, Sub-total: $6183.38. The SERVICE FEE IS FOR NOTHING! A VRBO CREAM THE PROFIT OFF THE TOP AND CHARGE EVERY TRAVELER FOR NOTHING. They don't guarantee your rental. They don't verify that the house is owned by the person posting the ad. Beware! Don't use VRBO, HomeAway or Vacation Rentals.

We recently rented a cabin in Pine, AZ through VRBO. The cabin was nice but had several cleanliness issues and most importantly, they required us to pack out all our garbage. No garbage service. This was NOT in the listing and was only told to us when the check in info arrived 2 days before our arrival. We posted a review at VRBO and they never published it. It appears VRBO gives the owner the power to block any negative reviews. Beware of VRBO listings with all or nearly all 5 star reviews.

DONE WITH VRBO!!! I listed 3 of my vacation rental properties with VRBO and have had the worst experience ever! From an owner's perspective the management of the site is awful. Customer service Reps are not qualified to support the companies' website or business policies. They don't rent their renters like Airbnb and they should!

I was getting numerous inquiries from folks and I responded back within a couple of hours. 80% of the time I would never hear back from them. After speaking with a rep, they told me the best strategy was to send them out a reservation request immediately to get them to commit. That didn't work for me. But now because I have over 10 cancellations and declines I can no longer be a free renter. VRBO management is now requesting that I pay a fee every year since I have a poor renting profile!!! Are they kidding me? I asked the manager "isn't it my right to decline folks as I, the owner, feel necessary?" He replied yes, but nonetheless it creates a poor rental profile? So I listed 3 homes w/ VRBO, only got 3 good rentals out it and now get FIRED for poor rental performance? Who does this???

FAKE REVIEWS ALLOWED BY THIS COMPANY - The reason for this review is because of a horrible experience with renters in my villa in Marbella who came through VRBO in America. First of all in the initial enquiry they said they would be a 3 couples with 7 children. When they arrived at my villa where I always greet my guests warmly and show them around giving them information on how everything works and safety precautions it was very unpleasant as they had a hostile air about them, not like the nice appreciative and polite English and Swedish clients we are used to having.

On the first day one of the boys forced the wall light out of the swimming pool and broke the tiles around it and took off the corner protective guards and left them floating in the pool. The boy said they had come off by themselves and it was obvious he was lying. The parents did nothing. Soon after they left I called VRBO to tell them that one of the men in the group accosted me and that they were threatening me with writing 13 bad reviews if I did not refund them almost all of the money they had paid for my villa.

First of all when they arrived it was clear that they had outright lied to me. They had come with no children at all, but a group of 7 teenagers!! If I had known this beforehand I would have gone over the possible sleeping arrangements with them to ensure they would be happy but later on in this email you will see what they did to me. They said the villa was beautiful but then the 2nd day they started with their fabricated complaints and one of the teenagers even said to me "why are you dressed that way?" I had nothing more on than what people wear here, shorts, a light blouse, summery clothing.

Then his mother noticed my Chinese medallions which I had around my neck. I explained that my parents had been married there long ago and she said, "Yes, but what are you doing with them!!" She and her husband, and son were Chinese. They complained the 2nd day that the bath towels were stained so I brought new ones, but they were not stained. Then they said there were ants everywhere but they were leaving food out and empty potato chip bags on the sofas in the living room. I explained to them they needed to clean the outside table off after eating and not leave food out. We cleaned it up after them and left a bottle of cleaner on the table for their use.

The personal chef I sent them let me know she and her husband did not have a pleasant experience with them either, saying "what a rude set of families they were" and told me how they had canceled the second order only hours before she was to bring it, saying no more than one of their children did not like paella and they had ordered a big one for 13 people.

Then on the 3rd day they called me and sent me aggressive emails saying that the air conditioning in one of the bedrooms did not work. When I came with the technician he said it was very cold in their bedroom and did not understand what they were talking about. To be on the safe side we brought a new air conditioner on wheels that could be used in any of the rooms to supplement the very efficient air con units fixed to the walls that we have here in Europe but... again, the Chinese couple complained about that too. It was becoming obvious that they had an agenda to do something like perhaps write a bad review or ask for a refund. All of a sudden they said that they had a child there with a cut on his foot from the pool tiles so I immediately brought in a scuba diving professional pool tile repairman to find the problem and fix it.

He said someone had obviously dropped a heavy stone from the garden or object on them to break them in the shallow end. It cost me to have them repaired. On the last day when I was checking them out, there was chewing gum stuck in a way that looked like it was on purpose on the terracotta tiles in front of the front door, the pool surround and on the terrace where it would be noticeable in the seating area. Gum stains are very difficult to get off. They sent me a message saying that they wanted 3,500 pounds in a refund out of the 4,500 pounds they had paid the day they were to depart, saying they trusted my good faith effort to pay it to them. I responded to them saying I had agreed to nothing. I returned their security deposit to them as I do with everyone before they vacate my villa.

On the 4th day we were called out again to be told the wifi was not working. We told them not to touch the router or unplug it or it would go down and it would take a technician 4 days to get to them to reconfigure it. They all had ipads and iphones and sometimes when there is a large group, it can crash, they tried to fix it themselves even though I told them not to touch it so of course it went down. They have a left me a very bad review, which I responded to defending myself and my villa and because I did this, they left another one.

Even though I forewarned VRBO about this problem, nothing has been done to remove the bad reviews. I have had and am having a very bad experience with them and looked up reviews about them and see that I am not the only person suffering because of VRBO. I also delved deeper and found that a man had been pressuring VRBO to let bad reviews go on their site and finally after 8 years of convincing them, they have given in.

Now I see they are doing a lot of damage to other homeowners like myself who have no protection from people like the ones I had in my home who obviously use VRBO to attack unsuspecting homeowners like myself into giving them refunds. It is just disgusting. I could afford to give them the money, but imagine there are others who could not and I think this is so unethical that I just had to voice my experience to others. I have never written a review like this in my life but something should be done about these reckless companies to give the homeowner some kind of protection against dishonest people who extort homeowners who rent out their villas out of money. It seems criminal to me.

It seems indecent that people who rent a villa can get away with lying about bringing children when they are actually bringing in 18 year olds who are considered adults in Spain and therefore they would have had to pay an adult price if they had gone to a hotel for each one of them. In their review of me and my villa they accuse me of misleading them and others who rent my villa saying that there were not enough bedrooms to give them privacy and that they were forced into having their teenage boys sleep in the same bedrooms (as each teenage boy belonged to one couple each and the 4 girls were all together in 2 bedrooms). Now I am suffering great damage to my business as they are saying I misled them, when in fact they misled me and I have proof of this and sent it in to HOME AWAY AND VRBO who now work together, but they still have done nothing to remove their dishonest reviews.

Loyalty as a consumer means nothing to them because even though I sent them a very nice email weeks ago saying I had read a lot of bad press about how Owners Direct has changed since Home Away bought them, I would never take part in criticizing them and intended to keep working with them through all the changes, like the dashboard and new 6% charges they are now making on every person who rents through them. No-matter how hard I try to convince them that the reviews are false and that they tried to blackmail me into paying them money, they have not taken the reviews off and my enquiries have dropped off to nothing. They have ruined my business in a matter of one week. I have a beautiful villa like the ones you find in Portofino and my past clients love it. They keep making reservations for it, and I love decorating and providing a beautiful atmosphere for my clients to have their holidays in.

I do not think that VRBO is going to work in Europe because there is a large percentage of Americans who will not appreciate the type of traditional villa that I have with its aged exterior facade considered to be so beautiful in Italy and Spain, and its character and charm because they expect everything to be new like the houses in Orlando outside of Disney. It is such a shame that they are trying to ruin for the almighty dollar the rapport that exists between homeowners and renters in Europe. Getting these horribly destructive reviews from these Americans is sickening because I inherited my villa from my parents, and did not receive it in great shape so I have over the years poured money into it, firstly replacing the electricity, and a great number of things. It was years before my husband I could really enjoy to begin the fun of buying new furniture which we did this summer, and decorating and now this.

It really is just devastating but I let everyone know in my response that I had not given in to their threats to write bad reviews if I did not pay them 3,500 pounds... it was like being held up by cowboys from the wild west. I just keep thinking that if this had happened when I was starting out, I probably would have paid them out of fear of getting a bad review because when people are starting out, they need to build good reviews or their business does not grow. There should be a law against this, as it is called extortion!! Because it can happen in a hidden way, it is criminal in my opinion.

I have built up very good reviews over the years, but I remember feeling fearful of getting bad people who would threaten me with a bad reviews, and how I would probably give in a pay them in the early days, but luckily I was able to tell them to get lost and I felt proud that I did not have to give in. If anyone who is starting out feels like I do, please contact me, maybe we can start a support group at the very least, because no-one should have to live in this kind of fear. Especially because homeowners never stop working on their homes to make them as perfect as possible for the renters coming in, and we should not be turned into virtual slaves that can be taken advantage of.

I'm not sure I will use VRBO again. I have been renting for 9 years and this is the first time I have had a problem getting my $1000 Refundable Damage Deposit returned and it was the largest. It was paid on 7/2/16 and returned 9/1/16. I had to contact the owners and VRBO several times. I still do not know what the problem was or who, but it wasn't because there was a damage issue.

VRBO started out as a streamline way to connect potential renters with owners. The owners would pay a yearly fee quite substantial I would say, I was paying 1,200 a year for the premium membership. In return I would have many guest inquiring and ultimately renting from me. Without notice VRBO started charging a service fee to renters in addition to collecting cc fees, Yeltsin fees and now percentage in addition that goes directly to them. It is a scam and my business has suffered as a result.

Stole my deposit. Despite complaint after complaint neither the owner or VRBO will admit to having the deposit, both saying the other one was responsible for the return of it. I am still £100 down after two years of asking.

I am a homeowner in the vacation rental business and subscribe to vrbo.com. I have been a subscriber for four years. The first two years were great. At some point VRBO was bought out by a large travel firm. Since then the experience gets worse and worse. Simply put the following are some of the problems. Customer service has gone downhill and it is often you will wait thirty to forty minutes to get a rep. I recently received a bad review that was a fraud. The reviewer posted ridiculous negative reviews on not one of my properties but three of them. That is not allowed. People cannot place a review on a property they do not stay in.

For the record we have almost three hundred reviews over the past four years and 99 percent are excellent. We do know that every once in a while you get someone you can't please. It seems now people are writing bad reviews with the expectation that they will agree to drop the review for a refund of their stay. I call this blackmail or extortion plain and simple and will not ever consider that. We are hands on owners that live right down the road. Anyone has a problem we are right there to take care of it.

When we reported the fraudulent review to vrbo six days ago they said they would send it to the review team. In the past vrbo would not post a negative review for five days to allow the homeowner and renter to see if they could work it out. Now the new management takes a hard line and posts a negative review immediately. I have called their customer service everyday for six days now and all they say is we have nothing to do with the review team and we must simply wait. Meanwhile I am losing money every day.

I also asked to speak to a supervisor and got stonewalled. I was put on hold for almost one hour. When finally I got a supervisor he simply repeated the same thing. I must be patient and wait. In addition to this vrbo now charges a service fee on top of the subscription price I pay. They say that is to give better service. Their service is getting worse every day and I recommend that anyone reading this to go to a competitor. Vrbo is a terrible company and I am going to get away from their services asap.

We decided to use VRBO to rent out our second home which is on a lake. A family from Tennessee found our property online and agreed to our rental price. They completely trashed our home. Toilets were unflushed, a brown liquid was purposely spread on the carpeting, the house was left filthy and when they left the premises they left the door wide open. During the end of their stay they also send multiple nasty and hateful emails.

When we arrived to the house we found that they had gone down to the dock and destroyed our 16'-0" gangway to the floating dock. We contacted VRBO and they said call the insurer that is part VRBO's agreement. We called with and estimate of $1300.00 to replace the gangway and sent photos of the dock before the house was rented and after it was destroyed. The insurance company called the Tennessee renters and asked them if they destroyed the dock. They denied it of course. So we were out $1300.00!!

Home owner's beware. Don't rent out your home using VRBO. They don't vet those who are looking to rent your property NOR do they have an insurance policy that will protect you if your home suffers damage at the renters hands. There are so very nasty, selfish people out there and VRBO really doesn't care. The photos attached are images of what they did to the gangway to the dock.

Since being bought out by HomeAway and then Expedia, my listing was copied and used to extort 3 different guests out of thousands of dollars. Also, because I refuse to use their online booking, they have deleted emails on my dashboard saying I marked them as spam so I cannot contact potential renters when the inquiry is forwarded to my personal email. When I try to reply via my personal email, they block the email going back to the renter because it has to go through their portal. Since the email is not in my VRBO inbox, I cannot retrieve the email address or phone number to contact the renter directly. Are there any other websites out there that are TRUE vacation rentals by owner?

Just wanted to say that I have used these 2 sites for beach rentals for many years. After reading these complaints I have decided not to use them anymore. I won't support this company after reading how they have treated other renters & homeowners. I would rather give support the smaller companies who are honest, not big businesses out to make as much money as possible!

I just reserved a home in Orlando with this VRBO website that belongs to HomeAway and this people took the money from my bank and after that, they send me an email saying that the house was not available. Now I have to wait 10 business days for them to refund the $2,000 I just paid!!! It is amazing how dishonest this is, this company is putting in jeopardy my vacation time. I will never recommend this people, this website use others...believe me!!!

VRBO, HomeAway & VacationRentals.com are driving away their subscribers by imposing an additional fee on prospective renters. They do not tell prospective renters that the fee goes to VRBO, etc. but let the renters think the owner or manager is collecting it. They are forcing a system whereby a renter has to provide a cc to the company (VRBO, HomeAway VR). The company then collects the fees, rents, security deposits, taxes, etc. AND CHARGES THE FEE BASED ON HOW MUCH IS COLLECTED! However many times does not forward the moneys collected to the owner.

THEN, when the renter expects to get security deposit returned, nobody admits to having it. DO NOT RENT THROUGH VRBO IF YOU HAVE TO PAY THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU WILL BE SORRY. There are still a few owners who can do their own thing until their contracts expire 1/2016. Use them if you must rent through these sites. Expedia who owns VRBO, HomeAway & Vacationrentals.com are total incompetent thieves who don't give a rat's you know what about the renter. They only want to line their pockets with a few extra dollars.

VRBO.com Company Profile