2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.1/5 (346 ratings)

About VRBO.com

VRBO.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about VRBO.com?

Original review: April 12, 2021

PROPERTY ADDRESS: 2739 3 PEAKS LANE JULIEN, CA. This is the worst experience we ever had with VRBO. The description of the property amounts to fraud and deception. Here's a list of the problems:

No toilet paper.
No soap in the showers.
No paper towels or other towels in the kitchen.
Coffee maker was busted.
Bed linens were old and poorly laundered.
Bed liner was a filthy piece of plastic and cotton - never washed.
Towels were old and poorly laundered.
No hot water - the son made some adjustment and then the hot water turned on.
The general condition of the property was very bad. Lawn and garden haven't been attended to for years - one of the adults got poison oak just walking on the rock path.
One of the toilets failed completely and was unusable.
Ceiling fans had an inch of dirt covering them which meant they were unusable.
The deck had a broken fence which would have been dangerous for a child.
An upstairs door led to a shaft area which would have been extremely dangerous for anyone particularly a child who stepped inside.
The curtains were all torn and were hanging by staples.

Pictures of the above problems were taken and will be sent directly to VRBO management.

These are irresponsible property owners. The property should be removed immediately from VRBO as it poses a health hazard as well as a very uncomfortable and miserable environment. After calling VRBO and filing a complaint, they immediately took this rental information off of my profile at their website, but left the property owner's listing up. If the review isn't posted on VRBO within 2 weeks, I intend to file a small claims lawsuit against VRBO and the property owner. Never use this website again!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I made a reservation online for my family of 6 through VRBO, they collected the money, sent confirmation. I even received the code for the front door! My family arrived at the facility, unpacked and I was contacted by the facility stating they double booked my cabin and my family and I had to find a new place to stay! On a Friday at 5:00 pm in Kanab, Ut during spring break! I was told I need to call vrbo. I have been on hold now for a total of 85 minutes!!! The first time I got disconnected after 40 minutes. I had to look at my kids and tell them to load back up and find a hotel with 2 rooms available.

Original review: April 8, 2021

As other reviews have stated the place was nice but definitely not what is pictured or worth the money. The outdoor furniture is old and only includes rocking chairs and regular chairs. There were 2 side tables and one coffee table size. There are no cushions as pictured online and are they are very old and weathered. The pool table is in AWFUL condition. The dryer didn’t work as someone just glued the start knob back on and when I touched it... it fell off. Even went and bought a tool to try and start it and it still wouldn’t turn on.

I have four children and laundry is a necessity... That was one of the reasons I picked the cabin. I let the owner know about the dryer and even sent a picture and he never replied. The hot tub didn’t work for the first day. After reaching out a few times to the owner he then called and walked my fiancé through how to “fix it”. Said to use a plunger. Which there was not one in the cabin and I had to purchase one. Said he would send someone and no one came. Luckily Grandpa does maintenance and he finally got it working the second day. Took half the day just to get the jets working.

By the third day it smelled like a fish tank and had a slimy film on the inside. I reached out again asking about chlorine tablets or what to do to correct it. He stated “It is not a chlorine tube it’s bromide there is no tablets in the floater.“ Told him it was empty and he said he would send someone. And again, no one showed. Didn’t get to use the hot tub but one time during our 5 days. Asked about where the grill was the first day. (Bought groceries knowing there would be a grill - state’s online there was a grill.) He stated “gas grill on the porch?” I said yes and he stopped responding. Ended up eating out because there wasn’t enough room to cook inside what I had bought for the grill. I picked the cabin for these specific reasons and was so disappointed. I could have rented a place for 2 week without those amenities for what I paid. I would not rent this home based on any of the amenities.

The beds were awesome and the cabin was nice but the rest was such a waste of money and a total disappointment. Also it says the cabin is close to activities... It’s at least 30 minute drive just to get to Pigeon Forge. Good hour drive for the attractions. Even sent him a text after we left asking about the amenities and if he was going to refund any money based on the fact we couldn’t use any and he never responded. VRBO sates they couldn’t do anything but send the owner an email requesting he correct the issue. I notified them that he was posted false pictures and amenities that couldn’t be used or didnt have and they did nothing.

After calling and speaking with someone 5 times in a week time nothing was corrected. The owner gave me a $100 credit for the 5 days of issues after I paid almost $1800. Deck is sinking / slanting. The water in the hot tub was up to the top top on one side (closes to the edge of the deck) and barely above the jets on the other side (closes to the house). Coffee maker took an hour to brew one pot of coffee. Plates, glasses, silverware and pots and pans had to be rewashed before using because they dirty. I let the owner and Vrbo know this and again, nothing was done.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I rented the place for new year 2021 about 6 months before the time however the host send me their complicated contract about 1 month before the date which basically passed the fully refundable canceling time... In their contract they forced us to pay additional $500 thru "Venmo" because I was younger than 28!!! (not sure how they come up with this number). Also they mentioned they will not offer bed sheets as well as essential things like soap, toilet paper... We called VRBO several times and each time they said, "We agree that the host sent you the contract very late but sorry we cannot do anything here but advise the owner to ignore taking money with Venmo..." That was very hard moments for us since we were students and sending $500 with Venmo means owner may not refund that since Vrbo does not have any control on that money...

I also remember one time Vrbo connect me and the owner through the phone and suddenly they left the conversion which really frustrated me since i couldn't convince the owner that this was their mistake to send us very late and they need to fully refund us.... That was my first and last reservation in Vrbo and absolutely not recommend that to anybody as Vrbo does not support you at all...

Original review: April 6, 2021

My family rented a house on Sacandaga Reservoir in upstate New York. We used VRBO to locate this rental. When the time came to place a deposit we were charged by the owner $260.00 which we expected. We did not expect to be charged by Evolve Realty as well in the amount of $686.00?!!! I am so upset and would cancel except that there are no refunds. Be very careful when using VRBO. I myself will never use them again and I would highly recommend that if you do be very, very careful.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Buyer beware. VRBO’s site charged me $499 to book a home in Colorado. I had no problem with this at the time of booking. Unfortunately, this listing on this site claimed that I was within 12-14 miles of the attractions that I booked. That turned out to be 1 1/2 hour one way trip every day. That cost time and money. I brought this to their attention and they forwarded blame to the host. It is their site and responsibility. My suggestion is to bypass VRBO and book directly. If they would have just admitted and corrected the mistake and refunded the booking fee I would have been fine. But to pass blame is not ok.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I am beyond disappointed with my experience VRBO and Roompicks by Victoria. March 5th, I paid and got an email confirmation. I called in to follow up March 18th about the 2nd payment since I didn't see it posted and it was suppose to be deducted on the 17th. When I called in I found out there was a "technical error" and our reservation was not available. I reached out the 18th, 19th, 20th trying to get refund. For over 2 weeks I thought I was booked, flight booked and then hotel prices went through the roof. I don't know what kind of technical error booked me a room, confirmed and took my credit card payment but I am extremely upset about this fraudulent, unprofessional business practice.

I have sent multiple texts asking for a refund and it took weeks to get a refund and that held up my vacation funds. This experience has been horrible! By the time I got notified of the technical error with no true explanation, availability was minimal and I ended up paying 3x's the amount. How can anyone ever trust VRBO or room picks by victoria with the experience I had. The website for VRBO gives you no email address, the online chat kept hanging up on me and when I called I was ignored. I blame both RoomPicks by Victoria and VRBO for having poor customer service. DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 31, 2021

My first experience booking with VRBO was the worst. Ashley ** listed her rental in South Lake Tahoe for $200/night. After I booked it through VRBO, the host Ashley sends me an invoice for $250/night. I asked her why there is a price difference and she tells me she didn’t have time to change it on her calendar. I asked VRBO why a host can raise the price of a rental after it’s booked and they said they can’t do anything about it if the host has not actually accepted the cc payment. Later host tells me she raised the price because I have 8 people and a pet and because she can tell I’m going to be difficult. Later, tells me the place is not available. Unbelievable!

Beware if you rent from Ashley ** in South Lake Tahoe that this woman is not a nice person. If you ask simple questions like is there an extra twin bed in a room bc it shows it on the listing she may deem you to be a difficult customer and will raise your price or since she has your first and last name she may behave unfriendly for some other reason but I would not trust this host to deal honestly or professionally. VRBO basically does not have the host adhere to the price they list and a customer relies on to book. They're more host protective than customer protective.

Original review: March 29, 2021

This is the most absurd experience I’ve ever had. I booked a house, months ago, the owner decided to cancel it 3/9. I’ve been promised a refund since, still nothing. I’ve spent countless hours on hold and getting different excuses about the matter. If I hear “Please be patient ma’am” one more time, I’m going to lose it. I’m the most calm person ever, and in customer relations myself, so we all make mistakes...but, you make it right. If this doesn’t get fixed, I’d like the 27 different customer service reps (and that includes the escalation team, re-booking team, etc.) to call the 9 teenage girls and the other 3 moms and just say “Sorry”. Disappointed is a very big understatement.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Be very careful when purchasing travel insurance through VRBO because Generali insurance is a total scam. Read the reviews online because the company covers very little if anything. And, if you complain to VRBO they refuse to help you and pawn you off to Generali. You can't reach Generali by phone because you get cut off and there is no one on the other end. I eventually got the trip cancelled through my credit card company.

VRBO.com Company Information