2.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017

1464 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We have been ordering our company postcards from them for the last two years, everything was good although the color shifts sometime. But with what we have received today, the color is way off and the card stock is totally different than before, it was as thin as copy paper. Very disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Used Vistaprint to order a large free standing sign. I had made a Photoshop design but was having trouble with converting the size. Used the Vistaprint “designers” to help and they converted the image. There were so many spelling mistakes in their design and I caught 4-5 of them but missed 1 in the final print. So upset but seriously I spent so much time proofreading the abundance of mistakes. And I confirmed there were no mistakes on what I sent them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Ordered a personalised mug on Sunday night, and it had arrived by Wednesday afternoon (I live on the Central Coast, NSW)! I paid for standard shipping, NOT express, so I was amazed! The product was exactly how I designed it and after being worried the photo would look pigmented or poor quality, it didn't. It looked perfect! Such a great gift for people as well. Very impressed with Vistaprint as this was my first order, but definitely will not be the last! Very highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I ordered checks for my business. The original order was fine. I then reordered confirming the new number the checks would need to start with. When I received my order, it was an exact duplicate of the original checks I had printed and with the same check numbers. I contacted the company and they said they could get it to us in 2 business days. When I received my e-mail confirmation of the corrected reprint, the delivery date listed was a week and not the 2 days. I again contacted the company. I was told that is standard delivery and cannot change. Not only did they print the wrong numbers on all the checks. They gave wrong information. This has become a real problem. By the time we get the checks, we will have waited 2 weeks for them. That is too long.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I canceled the website builder through Vistaprint, but they continually billed me for nine more months and refused to cancel, despite three phone calls with several individuals. They are a rip-off, and their customer service is the worst that I have ever seen. They could care less if they have an unhappy customer. They do not listen to the customer and they are NOT doing what's right! I refuse to do business with a company like this!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I ordered some notecards for my business and used my logo on them. When the note cards came the printing job looks like they ran out of ink, my logo is so light and distorted that you can't even tell what it is! I used my logo at GotPrint and it came out perfectly clear so I don't understand why the logo is barely visible! Same happened when I ordered my 500 business cards last week. I left a review and apparently my review didn't meet their "standards" so they didn't publish it!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I tried to set up a Website with Vistaprint as they were offering 50% off until midnight on 22/08/2017. I tried to do this on 4 separate occasions with two different email addresses and initially using PayPal and then with my Visa card on the other 3 occasions. Each time I received a confirmation email from Vistaprint saying that my order was confirmed. However each time it was cancelled in their words "still processing" which I now know is the same as cancelled! The Company tell me it's your bank rejecting the contract sale but I called my bank twice and they confirmed that there were no attempts from Vistaprint to take money.

I told all of this to an employee who managed to call me last night to try and help, however he could do nothing and could not find a reason for my unacceptable payment. I then get an email from Vistaprint this morning 23/08/2017 to say again there is a problem with my bank account and payment card. I am in France and have no problem and no idea where or what they (Vistaprint) are talking about or referring to as there is NO problem with my bank card or bank account but now I have sadly missed the deal!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

A few weeks ago I ordered 100 brochures for my leathercraft business. I was to do a presentation in a week or so and needed them. When the order arrived I saw that the photos were much too dark. Much darker than the proof they showed me via email and so dark that many of the features could not be seen on the items. I called Vistaprint and they were very sorry and they said they would correct this and send out another 100 brochures free. They told me when I would get them and it would be in time for the presentation I was attending. The day before they were scheduled to arrive I got an email from Vistaprint saying that due to a technical delay I would get them a little later than expected. I called them and they blew me off more or less.

I got mad and called them again and insisted they get them here pronto. They said OK! Well, they got them here in a couple of days. The poor photo quality had not changed. Once again I called them and after a long wait, someone answered. He was oh so sorry once again. Lol. He said they looked good to him but he was looking at the proofs which did look good. I had to explain to him that the proofs looked good but the final print did not. He wanted me to take a picture of the brochures and email it to him. I said, "Doesn't anybody there look at the copy after it comes off the printer and compare it to the proofs." He mumbled around and I said "I have had it, please give me a refund." He authorized the refund. I have 200 brochures that were free but useless. Now I will look for someone local who can do it right. Please don't waste your time with this cut rate company. Oh, and everybody that I talked to were foreign.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Customer service is the WORST. If they made a mistake and you don't received your order at all they won't be even send you the order for free as courtesy... It just took a MONTH for me to realize they never sent me the order and kept saying they have printing and technical issues. Then they refunded me the money just for me to PLACE another order again and charge again. What about my TIME and flyers that I need it at specific time. Nobody cares.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Ordered business cards, clearly defined and properly spelled all words. Cards arrived with multiple errors, I.E. Director, misspellings, incorrect address, and phone number. Called numerous times seeking corrections and resolution; never resolved.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The site is very easy to use and they do have a large selection of designs and colors and the prices can't be beat. They also send you coupons and incentives to order again. The shipping is 7 to 10 days standard and you do have additional options at checkout to add other items they will suggest as well.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Very easy to deal with online customer service. Great service and never have had one problem with this company to speak of. In my opinion they been great. Would recommend them highly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Vistaprint is a pain in the ** to deal with! I asked them to design my business cards and 3 times when I reviewed I asked for changes which they never implemented sending me the same tired design they created so I did it myself. NEXT I designed my website on my own. HOWEVER I wanted to make changes which were never implemented so I just canceled the account vs having to do it all over again even tho this month was free... Still not worth it because even tho I clicked on their link to my website nothing showed up so I had to get to it thru my account. NOT satisfied. I did order the business cards I designed which should arrive (per their calculations) by 8/17 so hopefully these are good quality.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

It seems like Vistaprint's service has really declined in the past few years. I was actually shocked by how cheap & low quality my business cards were this time, a huge difference between this order & my last one. I ordered 1000 cards last time so it's been a while since I've needed any (just over a year.) I guess with expansion & more business they've decided to cut corners. I'd rather pay more somewhere else for cards I actually feel good about handing out. As it is I kind of want to dump these in the trash & start over at a new printer. I'm so disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

They have a quality product for a very reasonable price, much below office retailers who also provide business cards, checks, etc. Vistaprint offers a very wide selection of items in each category and the quality of paper is incomparable. I have had many compliments on my business cards, checks and brochures.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have been using VistaPrint for several years for my Ebay store poster sales. I had to discontinue using them for my small posters after they stopped using mailing tubes for 11 x 17 and switched to flat boxes that often got crushed in delivery. Now my larger size orders are consistently running late in processing and delivery, endangering my standing with Ebay as tardy delivery can cause an account to receive negative feedback or even be suspended or revoked. Contact options through their website have dwindled and the email option listed only leads to an endless loop with no email address or link. My volume of orders with VistaPrint had been reduced to about one third and may end altogether if they do not get affairs in order.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Vistaprint suits most of our business printing needs. Typically, this company is best for generic items such as business and holiday cards, presentation folders, business-sized envelopes, calendars, and T-shirts. Vistaprint does have their limitations; they don't print return envelopes that one could include in bills; they don't print our particular-sized custom mailing labels; they don't print a particular type of business card we sometimes use which is designed to look like play money (with our contact information on it); they don't print self-inking multiple-copy sales contracts (i.e., duplicates or triplicates).

But I personally am slightly technologically challenged; for that reason, I find it a big help that I am able to call up an actual human being on the telephone, and have him or her talk me through the process of making changes to an existing design, or uploading a new one, with the option of viewing it before I place the order. This prevents unpleasant "surprises".

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I have been placing orders with Vistaprint since June 2017 because my local printers closed down and I was told that Vista Print was the best and their customer service relations were impeccable. Well, how wrong was I to go with them, our first order was for 2500 metallic business cards which turned up with no metallic at all so as anyone would I rang up to complain, the customer service team were so apologetic and placed another order free of charge. But when this order arrived it had NONE of our logos on the card just the text, so once again I rang to complain. Eventually, after long discussions with many different departments, the problem was resolved and new cards were sent out yet again.

While waiting for them to arrive I placed an order for some basic t-shirts thinking they won't mess them up as it's just a simple logo, but guess what. To my horror they messed it up. The logo was on the back of the t-shirt, not the front. So you guessed it. I rang back up to complain. We did eventually receive the correct business cards and t-shirts after 3 more phone calls and wrong orders. I have since received an email from the customer care department apologizing for all the issues which I thought was nice until I read the last paragraph of the email in which they state that my account is to be closed effective immediately. How on earth can a company apologize with one hand then close your account with the other?

So I rang to find out what was happening and I spoke to a guy called Anis and he was as rude as can be and would not listen to a word I was saying and actually hung up on me. I have all the wrong items that they sent me as proof of all the wrong orders but they are not interested in proof. So to all those people thinking of using Vista print, I would strongly urge you not to as they treat small business peoples like dirt. They may be a multi million dollar company but if you treat small business like you do you won't succeed for long. VISTAPRINT are a bunch of ** in my book.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I give everybody the benefit of the doubt. However after 3 screw-ups by Vistaprint in a month, I'm seeking a new company. Vistaprint will cancel an order on you without notification, then when you get the shipment of the other items, you find the problem. You then have to fight with customer service for the refund. Be careful when looking at the price. Vistaprint will show one price, then suddenly at the checkout, you have a new HIGHER price.

Vistaprint will hold back orders to ship them all at once, despite being separate purchases. You will NOT get a break on shipping and orders will be delayed so Vistaprint can make an extra buck. I was given a UPS tracking number, after 3 days with no UPS activity on it, I contacted Vistaprint. I'm still waiting to hear back from Vistaprint. I seriously doubt this order will arrive anywhere near the delivery date. In short, Vistaprint is a low cost, low service supplier. If you have the time to play their games, they might work for you. I say spend a few bucks more and get a reliable seller.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I ordered door 10 magnets for our store, 4 of one design and 6 of another design. First they never showed up, so I called and was told they were hung up in production. The gentleman tells me he will resend the order and refund me $100.00, Okay great. The magnets finally arrive and I have 5 of each design, they did correct it by sending the missing magnet but I never saw that $100.00 refund. I used this company before a few years ago and was always happy with my experience. Not only will I NEVER order from them again, all of my co workers witnessed everything and that is a lot of bad reviews that will be shared.

Original review: July 24, 2017

They started a new policy that is basically extortion. I did contact them via email and this is what I said to them. I also called them and complained. This is what I stated and I copied it and now I will paste it so you know exactly what I said. "I have been with you for years and I really am very disappointed in your new policy to threaten me with removal of my work if I do not order now. I just ordered all of these brochures and now you are telling me you are going to make me re-do all my work if I do not order now. I call this extortion. This is really really bad business on every level. I have sung your praises to my colleagues for years and I certainly cannot do this anymore with this policy of extortion."

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have used Vistaprint for both professional and personal items. I have had the best customer service from their team. Just recently I ordered over $100 of invitations for my wedding and the package was stolen. It was not Vistaprint's fault but they replaced my order FOR FREE anyway. This was a huge relief being that we have a tight budget for our wedding. Not only has the service been great but their invitations are 1/2 the price of some of the other companies and they run better discounts. The invites that I picked out were .70 cents/pp. I had a 30% discount and on a similar website they were $1.40/pp (with a 40% discount they were still $.84/pp) and the invitations were almost identical.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I counted on Vista Print for promotional products for a big event. They didn't complete order as promised. Just wanted to cancel and start over. I've ordered promotional products for years... First time w/ Vista Print... First bad experience. If you want your order, don't use them. It's not worth the trouble. Terrible!!!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Contacted Vistaprint to make custom polo shirts for a charity event. The customer care woman worked on the logo with me over the phone and I approved it for the men's and asked to copy the exact logo to the women's polos which should be straightforward enough. Cut to day before the event we open the package and the men's shirt is okay but the women's polos all have "Canada" spelt wrong!!!! It was very straightforward. Then I sat on hold for 19 minutes Monday evening trying to get a hold of customer service. when I finally got on with a human they were incredibly uninterested and offered very little help. I eventually just asked for a refund. Now I am calling all over the city seeing if someone can redo the stitching last minute. When I got in touch with someone locally he said he had many customers who had come to him with the exact problem. HORRIBLE experience. I advise people to not go with this company.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I ordered 10,000 flyers copies from the company. I had a feeling that the quantity is not correct, so I spent half the day counting the papers. They had sent over only 8,000 pieces. I called and they said they will send in the rest. I don't like to waste time on such small things. I will now be checking every order. It's most likely I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Ordered soft touch cards on thicker stock. What arrived were thin paper cards, the front was high glass, the back soft touch. The cards weren't sent in a business card box as they usually would, and instead were wrapped in small batches all loose in the box. Some of the stacks of cards were cut unevenly, showing a white line on the bottom. The entire order was a mess and not at all what I expected since I usually had good luck with Vistaprint.

When I contacted customer service, they refunded me the money once I explained what I received vs. what I ordered. That person was understanding, even saying "Oh wow" and offered me the option of full refund or re-order (however the soft touch paper was not in stock) so I went the route of the refund. I then received a link to write a review, so I did. It was honest without being snarky or mean, and stated the facts. I got an email back saying that my review didn't meet their criteria, so I figured it would be helpful to write it somewhere.

Original review: June 30, 2017
    I ordered 2000 flyers to be printed and shipped so that we would have them for delivery and into customer's hands for a special event involving a 4th of July sale.

Vistaprint charged our card but never printed the flyers. They would issue tracking numbers for UPS that UPS Never picked up from their site after a week after the required delivery date. We even paid for expedited shipping and still no printing or shipping of our order. They called, and offered to have them printed and overnighted to us, so we said okay. Two days later we still did not have our flyers. So we called them back and they still didn't print them or ship them.

So they take money and do not provide products. Better to get something printed locally, or on Moo.com where you know they will provide the service instead of stealing you money. They claimed after all of that they would refund our money, which burned up all of the time that we had to get the flyers printed. So... We were not able to provide the 4th of July sale at our store because we couldn't get the flyers printed to tell people about the sale. #NeverPrint @VistaPrint...

Original review: June 30, 2017

I'm absolutely happy about choosing this company. I read all the reviews before ordering! I decided to order because the price was so much cheaper. I ordered this Tuesday after hours and received my beautiful cards on Friday morning. That's amazingly fast. I'll definitely recommend.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I ordered a long sleeves T-shirt with my brand logo on it. And I received real quick, I was expecting the product much later. The print looks amazing and the T-shirt quality is also good. The only thing I'm giving 4 stars is size chart on the website. It is not completely accurate. It's a little bit smaller than I expected. Other than that, it's really easy to place your order so I like it.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I have ordered regular wallet style checks (150) per order from Vistaprint and on every occasion for the past 4 orders they have shorted me by 5 checks. I call them they tell me they will send me 25 checks due the issue and they do, they say they are aware of the problem and assure me it won't happen again. I place the next order and again they short me! I am sure I am not the only customer this has happened to, and I feel as if they are not correcting the problem banking on how many people really count the checks they are sent. This company will no longer get my business as I consider them to be cheats.

Vistaprint Company Information