2.79/5

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

1570 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Creating my poster, cards and brochures was super easy. Customer service was very helpful when I needed anything... responsive and timely. My products look exactly as my final proofs. I could not be more satisfied with this company and product. I will use them every time. Not sure about the negative experiences other customers had because my experience was terrific.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I ordered coupons to be printed from Vistaprint. They completely botched the job! There was no quality control at all. The coupons were gibberish. I had a deadline where I needed to have these coupons for an event I was doing. When I called them to complain, they told me the soonest they could get my coupons to me would be on a Thursday when I called on a Monday. Unfortunately this was a time sensitive order so that would almost have been 1 week from the time I originally needed the coupons. They said they couldn't get them to me any sooner since their closest printing facility is in Canada. I was very unhappy can couldn't believe they have no quality control. Anyone who would have looked at this work would have seen that they completely screwed up. Don't use them if you have a time sensitive project where you can't afford for anything to go wrong!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My business partner and I set up valuable time in order to create our business cards. The low advertised price was much higher at checkout. This is false advertising and dishonest. A complete waste of time!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Just received someone else’s business cards (not ours lol), terribly packaged, AND delivered to our neighbor! We specially placed this order last weekend to get them here by this weekend for a business event. Now they won’t come for three more days which totally defeats the purpose! WE WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I work for a website agency and we recently had our first client account experience with Vistaprint. The guidelines and hoops they force their customers to jump through are unlike any we've EVER encountered in our experience working with domain registrars. Do NOT purchase your domain through VistaPrint. Just don't do it. Web services were clearly something they added to their capabilities because they weren't making enough money on their print services. They don't know what they're doing, they believe their customers are ignorant, and they will take advantage of you as many times as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I recently ordered customizable postcards from Vistaprint and made them into Save the Date's for my wedding next year. The website was super easy to use! They were just delivered today and the quality is outstanding! Can't wait to send them out to our guests. :)

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I had one of their original websites when they started to offer website services. After three years (or so) of uninterrupted service, the website was no longer able to push through the "Contact" info. This resulted in Vistaprint to have to do a total redo of the site. I asked for and received compensation for the difference in the price between the old and new website. The new website was up for only two weeks before it disappeared off the web in its entirety! I spent three days calling only to be told the issue was escalated and I would be kept in the loop. All the while losing possible business...

On day 3 I called and bypassed all the front line to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor fixed the problem in 3 minutes. I asked for compensation for lost business and was offered $45.00. Pathetic! I will never recommend Vistaprint for web services. Their business cards are great but stay away from their website services. Owner of a DJ company who relies on web traffic...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered golf towels from Promotique by Vistaprint. They looked like great quality and were estimated to arrive in time for my event. I placed the order on a Monday morning, they took the money out of my account immediately. I didn't hear anything from them and online it said it was still in review. So I tried to contact them the following Sunday. They called me Monday (a week after I purchased and only after I reached out to them). They said they were sold out of the item I ordered. Who knows when they would have told me if I hadn't called.

They refunded me my money and offered a 10% off coupon for my inconvenience. That was a slap in the face as right on their website there is a 10% off coupon if you have something in your cart. So now I have to find another place to order towels and pay extra for rush shipping because I won't get them in time. This is for a charity event. So Promotique and Vistaprint is taking away from the donations we would be giving to glioblastoma cancer research. Every other website I ordered things from alerted me the same day or the day after it something was out of stock.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Received my cinch bag, bag was wonderful and great graphics but the string on the bag didn't work correctly. I called Vistaprint, they were professional and are shipping me out a new one today! :) Great Experience and great customer service.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had ordered 550 invitations from Vistaprint and paid for a rush on the order, so I could start getting them ready for mailing early... I ended up getting SEVEN packages from Vistaprint. Inside the packages, the order was broken down into weird increments (10, 20, 25, etc.; some had envelopes, others did not) each little increment wrapped in extra plastic and extra cardboard. Nothing was marked in any way, so I had to HAND COUNT everything. You can imagine the kind of language I was using when I discovered that I received 550 envelopes, but only received 355 invitations!

I immediately filed a complaint with Vistaprint and demanded that the rest of my order be sent to me NOW. In response, got TWO emails from Vistaprint about the order they screwed up. One said they were sorry but sometimes they break up orders into smaller increments because smaller portions are shoved through and get done faster than others. What?! Well, THAT’S just a stupid way to process a customer’s order. It should be done in a single run so there are no errors or extra waste.

And the waste is excessive: all that extra packaging -- let's kill a dozen trees and pollute the earth with plastic because Vistaprint can't process anything in a single concise fashion -- not to mention all the missed counts, all the extra postage they try to get the customer to pay, all the delays in orders; all the aggravation and wasted time trying to get them to correct their brainless errors... I’m sure I’m not the only one who has complained about that. You’d think they’d learn. But, they said, they’d make sure the extra invitations get out to me before September 1st.

Then I got a second email from them saying pretty much the same thing but also giving me a $27.00 refund for the postage they overcharged me and saying the shorted invitations would be out by Sept. 4th. Sept. 4th is TOO LATE. I paid for a rush on the order so I'd have everything before Sept. 1st. So, their solution was worthless. So much for 100% customer satisfaction. They owe me a refund on the WHOLE ORDER! And whatcha wanna bet 1'll get TWO replacement orders now and end up with over 200 invitations I don’t need? These people are morons. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Ordered sticker, had an email saying the applicator wasn't in stock, I rang as I needed the sticker urgently. They promised to send it, and I would get it on time, but it didn't arrive by the date they said it would. Left me completely stranded as I needed it for a particular event. Shipping failed twice!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I didn't proofread properly and ordered 500 business cards... with the wrong phone #! (Yes I'm an idiot). Vistaprint not only reprinted and express mailed me corrected cards, Shauna helped redesign a section and made the cards perfect. All totally free! I can not think of any business in the world that would eat the total cost to keep a very stupid customer happy. My company will use only use Vistaprint from here on out.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I made wedding invitations online and they came out beautiful. I received my shipment in just 5 days!! I was so impressed with the quality! I will definitely be ordering from them again. I also accidentally choose the wrong paper and realized it when I was already checking out, so I called customer service and they were able to QUICKLY help me edit my order. I'm a very happy customer!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I ordered 100 custom business cards on Tuesday with an ETA of the following Tuesday. After an easy design & ordering process, here I am, sitting happy as a clam with my high-quality cards just 4 days later!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I ordered some business cards that had some errors when I received them. I used the online chat service and was given an apology and they are sending me a new box of cards to correct the issue. I was very impressed with the speed they responded and there were no hoops to jump through. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I went to buy a couple of posters on their website and was presented with a 25% off discount automatically with some summer deal. Then when I got to the page asking for my name and address and email, I got a checkbox where I could sign up for their promotional emails to receive an additional 15% off my order. I agreed to this. Then when I got to the order review page, it only had the 25% off discount. Where was the 15% off discount!? I called customer support and they said only one discount can apply. I told them I had already received one discount and then the website offered me another later on.

Having detected a discount already in place, the website should not have offered me an additional discount if only one can apply. That means I enabled email marketing for nothing in return which is not what I was promised by the website. The customer support guy said he understood that could be misleading but that there was a one discount per order policy. I said that an exception should be made for my order since I felt deceived and that this was false advertising. That their web development team had clearly made a mistake when enabling discounts to be shown to me for doing this or that when I clearly was already capped at my single discount earlier in the checkout process!

An experienced web developer could implement code to only show discounts if the customer did not already have a discount in place from earlier in the checkout process and this would take 5 minutes to implement. The fact that I found a error in their checkout flow that mislead me as the buyer and they would not honor the terms I was mislead into believing was a sign of their lack of concern for the satisfaction of the buyer. I would NOT recommend using this website and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Shame on you Vistaprint.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Spent a lot of time filling out 3 orders for checks for personal and business. When I went to check out it states they will only ship first class mail but will not allow a PO Box to be printed on the checks and they will only ship to the address on the check. So basically if you have a PO Box you cannot place an order. They did not let you know upfront that they would not ship.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I ordered 3 times from Vistaprint over the course of 5 years. First 2 orders were flawless, I loved the quality of the paper and the print. But the last order was a disaster. I paid for the premium paper and what they sent me is extremely cheaply printed biz cards. The paper looks very cheap and the print quality is even worse. I can print with better quality with the printer I have at home. It looks like they went for cost cuts over the years and quality went way down.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was originally really mad, because my return address labels arrived completely blank... not sure how that happened, but to make a long story short - Vistaprint made it right, and sent me a free batch of replacement ones with the correctly printed address. This may seem like a small thing, but I sure appreciated it. The customer service representative I dealt with, whose name I wish I remembered (Sorry I couldn't find it in my email history) was compassionate, kind, polite, professional, patient, and understanding - and made it right. Thank you for that. By the way, the products: return address labels, and checks - all were of very high quality, so I am really thrilled with my order. Thank you, Vistaprint!

Original review: July 29, 2018

We ordered postcards for personal use sometime in early 2017. I just found out this month they had been billing me $18 per month since at least June 2017. They said the amount is for a website. After a lot of back and forth speaking to Aretha I've learned it's for a website we didn't ask for, do not use and doesn't exist. We do not own a business or have a need for any website.

She said they can refund the last 6 months back to the card but charges before that will be sent as a check but she couldnt give me a timeline for when I will receive that check. After further questioning I was told 24 to 48 hours to process the check and 7 to 10 days to receive it. She says the charges started in June 2017 which happens to be the earliest statement I have access to online so I will have to research earlier dates by looking through paper statements. Yes I should have noticed these charges before, that is purely my fault but adding a fraudulent monthly charge is horrible. I wonder how many people never realize they are being charged. And think about how money they have access to by doing this even when giving refunds months and years later.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered some business cards but unfortunately some of the print was cut off. I did an online chat with Mariam ** and she was extremely helpful. Not only did she amend the cards but she sent out the new ones at fast rate delivery and at no extra charge and included a lovely leather case for me to put some cards in. I am really happy with the service I received and would have no hesitation in using them again recommending them to anyone. I am very grateful! Thank you Vistaprint. :-) :-)

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered postcards which were guaranteed for a Friday delivery. Before ordering, I had called customer service just to be sure that the items would be delivered by Friday (using expedited shipping). "When you say that I will have them Friday, is there a 90% chance they will be there on Friday? 95% chance? 99% chance?" I asked the customer service person. "There is a 100% chance it will be there", the customer service person said. On Friday, the cards were SHIPPED, not delivered. Uggh! I called customer service, and the representative told me that the items were shipped from Windsor, Ontario (!) to San Diego, California by REGULAR UPS, even though I had paid $23.00 for expedited shipping. The person estimated that the items would arrive "on Tuesday or Wednesday". So frustrating!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have called them 6 or 7 times telling them that I do not live inside the City of Pueblo Colorado, my address is outside the city. My Zip Code is outside of the City Of Pueblo. But since my address says Pueblo, Colorado because that is what the Post Office says it has to be Vistaprint charges me too much sales tax. I tried to speak to some in charge, however, all Vistaprint would do is give me Colorado Department of Revenue phone number. It is funny Amazon, Sam's Club and other online sales can get the correct sales tax, Vistaprint cannot and will not provide anyone to speak with to try to fix the problem. I am done as a business person with Vistaprint.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had a few great years getting labels from Vistaprint but then this year they just deleted 6 labels I hadn't finished designing yet. They sent an email to say that would happen but the heading was not clear at all (all it said was 'reminder' and 'add us to your address book') and so I didn't open it considering there are so many emails from them and I can't open them all. Anyhow I am crushed that all the hours of work I put into the labels was for nothing and then the company didn't bother to offer a single bit of compensation even after I asked them to.

Plus the files sometimes have glitches that are really frustrating. If only Vistaprint would compensate me I could remove this review and post a way better one since the products can be of high quality. I am so saddened by this latest experience though and feel the need to warn others. The website does not state anywhere clearly that your work will be permanently deleted after 60 days. What other company treats its customers work with such little regard.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I wanted to check them out and submitted a super small order of pens. $22 for 5 cheap pens and it will be couriered so extra $15. And of course Government Canada HST. $7 bucks for a cheap pen. Nothing could go wrong right? Well, first of all, one day I am returning home and the ripped off envelope is sitting in front of my door. The building has a buzzer system and I would be buzzed if the person tried to contact me. He/she didn't. Inside, two plastic bags: 1 with 4 ok pens, another one with 1 messed up pen. And just sent like this. LOL. No apology. No nothing. Called them: they said they will send additional 5 pens as their apology but somehow they felt that Purolator was not the extension of them and tried to say that it was ok. VISTAPRINT, is it ok for strangers to enter your building, or your home? IT IS NOT OK! AND IT REFLECTS ON YOU.

In the meantime THEY CHARGE ME ANOTHER $33 and the Purolator guy, who admitted he was the one previously delivering said that he sees nothing wrong entering people's buildings without buzzing. I asked him who is he coming to see in this building. He said - "You." I asked him, "How did you get in," he said he did not want to bother with buzzing! 2018 a single female living and you think it is ok for this to happen? Yeah, I did not think so. I am pressing criminal charges BTW. Opened the envelope and - 1 pen. I have no words to express my disgust. I will notify VISA and cops and SHAME ON YOU VISTAPRINT. You will never again get my business.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Not only do they make it nearly impossible to cancel an account with them... but even after you send your account number more than once they pretend they don't get the emails or even messages on their website. They continue to charge me after I have emailed and messaged several times (with my account number). CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. I DON'T USE YOUR SERVICE!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

In June we reordered a business card from Vistaprint that we had ordered before. We have used Vistaprint for several years for three different businesses. Our June order was promised on the 3rd of July. About July 5th we received a notice of our order canceled, then that the design in our portfolio had expired. Then we received a notice of our new order now promised July 13th. We did nothing, the emails just came in with no input from us. We emailed and called and Vistaprint would do nothing and then send us an email praising their good service stating they were so happy they solved our problem without charging us and additional charges.

We received the cards and they had the safe frame printed on the cards and the bleed area was inside the edge of the card. It was just printed like the edit box. Vistaprint agreed after over 6 emails and three phone calls, to reprint the cards at no charge. We are still awaiting our cards. Finally, I know that the convenience of online ordering is better in some ways than finding a local printer and having business forms and cards printed. For very small businesses it is the only way to get professional looking printing we can afford. The problem is when something goes wrong. Who is going to solve the problem and how many calls and emails and personal time does it take to correct what should be a minor issue. In this case we spent way more than we saved on business cards.

Customer service is becoming a problem in many large companies. The cost is just too high for a large, international company to give good service and impress their stockholders with ever bigger profit margins. We have hit a ceiling in making more money. Companies and their stockholders are no longer willing to make money again and again and add to their wealth with accumulation. They want it now and they want to show that they are making more money per order than last year. It is a disease infecting all areas of large business. They will not stop until they collapse under the strain of their own obsessive greed. We can only help by refusing to buy from companies that fail to service what they sell. Failures like this cost customers billions of dollars working out the failure of the company.

It is interesting to see that the cost of service does not go away, it gets transferred. The cost of service in most cases is transferred to the customer. When you buy something nowadays you are asked if you want to purchase the protection plan like it is another product. It is actually customers taking on the companies' cost of service and warranty. Retailers have made a huge fraud on all of us by selling us, as a second product, the companies' responsibility for quality control. Do you ever think what happens if you buy an electric drill from a mega retailer and it fails to perform? Soon you will get a, "sorry, you did not want the warranty". At that time big business will have succeeded in passing all their customer service and quality control costs on to the customer as well as making it a profitable additional sale for them and the retailer.

Don't keep doing this. It is making farm animals out of us. When you do what companies that you purchase from want you to do, you become their milk cow. They feed you and you produce profits for them. You fail to produce and you are out of luck. This is not free enterprise. It is trickery and deceit at high levels. Buy local as much as you can. Buy from small business as much as you can. I know it is difficult but it is essential to having a future.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Ordered business cards, door magnet and signage. Well, they said fast shipping, but by the time I got through all the editing of my details it ended up being 3 day shipping, and here I am waiting on the third day and it hasn't come. And it is 530, so I do not think it is coming today. So they are slow at shipping when they say fast, and they do not even pull through when they say they will. Not impressed at all.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I'll use them for all my business cards. I haven't had them print anything else but I love my cards and their recommendation. Their mobile design is far ahead than any other's and I notice they are always innovating. So I'm sticking with them.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ordered two custom printed T-Shirts, one for me and 1 for my daughter. When I did, I gave Vistaprint my new email address (I'm not putting it in this complaint because I do not want a ton of spam). I was not happy with the quality of the brand of T-Shirt they used and their print job of the photo I provided on the T-shirt was way too big and of very poor quality. I sent them my complaint and I provided the order number. And I have had no response. I will not buy anything anymore from Vistaprint! They still show my old email address on their site. I think I should probably quit buying anything online.

Vistaprint Company Information