Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Vistaprint Digital Website Hosting is terrible in the extreme. I have been with Vistaprint for 5-8 years. The three websites that I have with them were down for 90-120 days out of 2016. Thus far in 2017, they have been down 6 out of the 8 days so far (It is 01/08/17). They have customer service seven days a week but they cannot really resolve this ongoing problem. I have not left because after googling web hosting companies, I have yet to find one with a great reputation. Until I have some confidence that the grass is actually greener on the other side, I am just going to try and effect change where I am. I literally have hundreds of hours in talking to the tech dept. The sad thing is, they have a really great website builder that can make you look very professional. If only it worked better, really at all.

I am the owner/operator of an estate sale liquidation company in New Jersey. For years I have used and loved Vistaprint. The last 6 months - 1 year have been absolutely atrocious. I use Vistaprint for everything from my website, marketing, brochures, business cards, signs, and much more. The last few months I have received multiple complaints from my customer base that they were not able to access our website, so I started logging onto our website from Chrome and not from my dashboard at vistaprint.com. I too was having the same error notification come across my screen. After multiple calls to Vistaprint to rectify the situation I was told it was resolved.

Last month I was adding pictures to one of our upcoming sales, over 450 in total. I was unable to do this and it took their "technical engineers" two days to post the pictures online. Yesterday (1/5/17) I called and spoke to one of the call center ladies. (I believe they are all in India. To boot, they all have Indian accents.) I was told in my conversation at approximately 10 a.m. the websites would be up and completely functional within a few hours. I received an email stating the problem was resolved. When I went back onto the website to continue updating and reviewing the website, I was unable to embed the videos we took for our blog. Again, I call Vistaprint and after 25/30 minutes on hold, I was told they are aware of this issue and their technical engineers were looking into it, and although they have no estimated time it would be finished, it should take no more than 24 hours.

Today (1/6/17) I received another email stating that the problem is still not fixed and will not be for another 24 hours minimally. They have no desire to help their customers fix issues they have within a reasonable time. They are rude also. The ONLY good thing I can say about them is because of the massive amounts of problems we have continually had, we have received multiple months free in an "effort to keep us."

So I needed a new calendar for 2017 and I ordered a custom made one with my own photos. It said estimated delivery was the 3rd of JAN and I'm happy with that. I checked the tracking number and it said it was out for delivery this morning. I check the post and what do I find, a fee to pay card from royal mail. Not only did I have to pay 12 odd quid for the product, I then had to pay an extra £13.80 for postage which they didn't pay. I will not be buying from this company again.

For Christmas me and my sister decided to order a calendar for our mum! We saw online that Vistaprint offered next day delivery and we were prepared to pay extra to get it in time for Christmas! We spent ages going through pictures and adding dates then we got to the checkout and they decided not to offer us next day delivery!!! I am disgusted because they promised they could get it to us for Christmas and we are have nothing to give to her on Christmas day! I am never ordering anything from these idiots again and I am so pissed off that I am going to tell everyone I know not to order anything from them!!!

My experience with Vistaprint. This is my 4th time ordering and I am so pleased with everything I have order. They go the extra mile to get your order right, and their staff Kim and Shree and the other young lady were really nice. Customer service is just outstanding. So professional. The quality of their work is outstanding. They created a design for me on my shirts, stickers, business cards. I love my stationery. Thanks Vistaprint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

I've ordered several items from Vistaprint and been very pleased. This time I made a mistake on 4 items. Not only did they replace items for free, they provided helpful suggestions, offered relatable experience to make me feel better for goofing up and they gave me credit. The Service member even made sure the items were sent on time! This is the kind of business worth buying products from! We won't go anywhere else.

I found out that someone in point Pleasant NJ was using my email address on their cards and had set up a website just yesterday from 2008 thru 2010 - I asked to see it but guy on phone took it down and had contacted their fraud depth without letting me see it first!! I'm very worried if this person had gotten my bank details as well. And taken money from my account.

I ordered some cards that were absolutely ugly. Recently!! Lady said she'd replaced them. With my original design, but refused to refund me. For the original ones I recently ordered. I'm extremely worried, if someone had my account details... why would account use my email on their cards? With their details I'm trying to find out whose credit card was used... Hopefully not mine. And not for other things. I have to backtrack to try to find the card number used. I'm very worried.

Truly unheard of customer service care QUALITY. Prompt, professional, and done by an actual person! In LESS THAN 3 MINUTES I was able to get a person on the line, discuss my issue (mug handle broken in transit), and resolve it. Most companies send you through 5 menus that dead end and at least 3 callbacks before you can get off the phone tree. Vistaprint doesn't do that. SUPER CUTE and personable, fun products as well. Oh, did I mention affordable, too? I just LOVE your company!!!

I am absolutely happy with Vistaprint. A couple years ago my youngest brother suggested it to me when I was going to order some business cards. I've ordered business cards and other items in the past such as banners, posters, etc. The delivery time is great and can usually get my order within a week and everything I've ordered in the past and present turned out great. I'm going to continue using Vistaprint especially for my business cards. I'm not sure how many orders I've done in the past, but they all turned out great and not once had a problem with them.

We ordered 10 shirts from Vistaprint for our one traveling team from Europe. We received those shirts and gave out to our clients but our clients refused to wear our shirts after the first day they wore because of bad "chemical" smell and those shirts made their back feel itchy. Worse, it is that Vistaprint said "you should wash and then try to wear." God? If we washed those clothes, who dare to wear? It is not new after washing. Not every customer is not silly and they know it is washable and used! Never use Vistaprint from our 3 branches.

I used Vistaprint's website builder and marketing services. The prices were very competitive and, though basic, the website builder was very easy to use and the site looked good. As for the marketing service, I paid to have my business name in local ad papers and in internet searches. My business name was nowhere to be found and Vistaprint never informed me that to get your name in the ad papers, you need to spend additional money.

Also, when I canceled both services I was notified that a refund for the month in which I canceled would be issued at the end of the billing cycle. The refund was never issued. When I called to discuss the issue I was told that my account was not canceled until the end of the month and I do not get a refund because the products were still active for the entire month. I was told the only way to cancel automaticity would be to call. This was never reported to me through their website and I was lead to believe I would get a refund. I highly do not recommend Vistaprint for anything.

This experience was the worst I have had. I ordered only 1 personalized mug but they sent me 3 mugs and deducted money worth 3 mugs from my bank account. I called, the customer service agent told me that the money has been processed back to my bank account but I do not see such transaction. In other words, I ended up with lost money and 2 additional useless mugs. The material designs was OK but not how I imagined it would be. Plus the customer service agents were very rude on the phone in a commanding manner. DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE. There are many other options to use instead of this one. Good luck!

I recently uploaded a design for a business card with Vistaprint but had to call their helpline for assistance adjusting the design to fit within the safety line. The guy was very rude and impatient while I located the various items on the page, but eventually he made the right adjustments. Then we noticed that his amendments meant that the design (which had been a high resolution) was suddenly a poor resolution and not recommended! I tried to ring back but after waiting for 40 minutes or more, gave up and didn't order. I wouldn't try Vistaprint again. Very, very poor service.

I ordered a small stack (100) of business cards and paid for the most expensive shipping option ($20 for "express shipping"). Vistaprint shipped my order using the cheapest and the slowest USPS option possible (first class mail). I feel that I have been lied to and this was completely a rip off. It's a 6-times markup in shipping cost and because of this terrible practice they lose my business forever. Don't support terrible business practices, there are many other competitors out there to choose from.

I just needed to give credit where it's due. Usually I'm the first to complain if something is wrong, so let me be the first to congratulate. I spoke with two amazing representatives earlier today and I am thoroughly impressed. Both Amoya and Scolette (hopefully I spelt it correctly) were professional, courteous and sounded genuinely happy in their job. They had excellent product knowledge and were super patient with me. I appreciate service like this and will continue to use this company as long as there are reps are like these two young ladies.

DON'T USE. Their Guarantee is WORTHLESS! I have been using Vista for a couple of years now and have never been so distressed by any company ever before. These people ruined my event by not sending me my order on time even after I paid for express delivery. After 2 days passed and never got my order I called them to find out why.

They told me that a card I had used had declined, so I asked them IT SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT WHEN YOU TOOK MY CARD DETAILS & how come they had not called me to advise me, they had no answer. (THEY LIED! I called my bank, they said NO such transaction has come to their ATTENTION). They said, "Use another card." I said, "Ok" but I know that I had used this card before and after I ordered from them. They said they would put an urgent delivery on for me... it never happen.

They said someone would call me about it. It took 3 months and I EVEN had to contacted them! I will never use them again. They said the case has gone to their legal department! Maybe they have a case to defend. I should sue them or better still I WILL go to Trading Standards, as they ruined an event that was attended by over 2 million people! I ordered 10,000 flyers, 8 tee shirts, and 3 banners. My biggest order yet. When I call now all I get is "Anis is in a meeting and won't come to the phone". IF YOU GET IT WRONG VISTA JUST ADMIT IT SO WE CAN MOVE ON. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND YOU AGAIN! They fobbed me off with all kinds of different excuses. Get it right Vista. It's a disgrace...

We recently used an online design company to have a logo created. After receiving the files, we ordered business cards, letterhead, and marketing portfolios with the new logo design. The next day, the design company contacted us to say that the logo had been created with copied work. I called Vistaprint immediately and they cancelled my order and refunded my money even though some of the materials had already been printed. Vistaprint did more to resolve my problem than the company that created it. Very gracious! We are a nonprofit serving homeless children so this was very much appreciated!

I have had a website with Vistaprint for years. As the business grows I realize that their platforms do not offer a lot of flexibility or functionality. However, the biggest problem occurred yesterday (10/27). Apparently their hosting website went down which means that my website doesn't work. Vistaprint was aware of the outage but did not make any attempt to reach out to their customers. I was notified by a customer that the website wasn't working. I reached out to Vistaprint and I was told that it would be 24 hours. The website is still down and now they are saying it's going to be 48-72 hours. I asked why is it taking so long, that's not acceptable. I was given no response, no resolution, no workaround, nothing. Now while it's down I am losing orders. There isn't any sense of urgency or concern when I ask for updates. Definitely switching who I host my website within the next couple of weeks.

I have used them for over eight years. Even if there are real and true issues, they always generously fix them. I would imagine people who have abused them have caused some changes, but overall - they are my absolutely favorite company because of their world-class customer service. If people cannot see past their own contributions to any issues, possibly arrogance or not allowing enough time for "just in case" issues, then it's their own fault and not VP's fault. I have never had a loss or something so bad, in eight years, at least, that was not taken care of.

I subscribe to email marketing about 3 months ago (Jul 2016). Since then, I have sent out 6 email campaigns. There were issue with two out of the 6 emails - with a delay of 5 days for one and a week for the other (It may have been longer, as I cancelled the service after a week). I think to offer an email marketing service, Vistaprint should have made sure the emails would actually be sent. I also had poor customer service experiences with Vistaprint each time I called regarding these issues - never once did they contact me to give me an update as to what was taking place or why my issue was not resolved. Additionally, I attempted to write two reviews on the Vistaprint website regarding this service and each time, my review was "moderated" and not allowed to be displayed.

I am extremely disappointed by the service of Vistaprint. I have designed a Calendar with my photographs and ordered online for printing through Vistaprint. I have got very bad print of the calendar set. My account no. is #: **. I am feeling extremely frustrated after getting the hard copy of the Calendar. I strongly appeal for a at least presentable print of my calendar.

I ordered address labels recently, which never came... I got an email two weeks later, telling me my card was declined for a pending transaction. I checked and they charged me $18.18 for an order I never got and then tried to recharge me and the website said "partial order pending". I imagine these thieves get away with this a lot, as people are busy and may not notice duplicate charges. Scum of the earth. Would never order from them again. I was very fortunate in that I happened to lose my card two days after the original purchase, which changed the account number, and they were unable to rip me off.

I signed up to Vistaprint for some business cards. I paid for these then a week later 25 was taken out of my bank account for no reason. This was two years ago. I have dozens of emails stating they are looking into it but nothing has been done still waiting. I will never trust an online company again. Be careful who you give your bank details to.

Always accurate and timely. Inputting info is simple and precise. Vista print products are good quality and very affordable. I have been ordering business cards, checks and labels for years and have never been disappointed.

There is no better value for the money than Vistaprint for business cards. Very customer focused. Very simple and well organized. I have ordered two different types of business cards from Vistaprint. It's a very simple process and the quality they provide is superb. Also the other appropriate collateral material they offer is very helpful.

Usually posters of my artwork also, business cards and postcards. I love the way it all turns out! You can get help if needed, fast shipping service. Upload photo that has already been edited on Picmonkey. Choose type of product, click on order. If you need business cards that you want to design yourself this is the place, PLUS they have coupons.

Vistaprint has major quality and customer service deficiencies. Made my first order with Vistaprint. The business cards I received were of such poor resolution that my contact information was not legible. I called customer service but had a hard time communicating due to the low level of english proficiency. Asked to speak with a manager and got my money back. Then tried the chat center, I wanted to give them a second chance to explain what went wrong and to reprint the order. The person on chat was worse: combative, angry, short, and flat-out ignored some of my questions. He also ignored my request to talk to his supervisor.

An absolute nightmare of an experience. Do NOT ever waste your money on Vista - get your designs done professionally. Like many other people, I was sucked in by the "cheap" price, but the process and wait time (because of their mistakes) actually costs you more in the long run. It's not only about the money - everything from the customer service (general rudeness from staff such as the "supervisor" Courtney) to orders not being finished is very stressful! Every step of the way, they managed to make a mistake on something minor. There was not one step that could be straightforward.

I began with an $180 logo design order - where you submit a brief of what you're looking for and get 3 x logo designs. So I got the designs and they were VERY average. It looked like it was stock standard or something they'd pulled straight from the internet. Either way, it just wasn't suited to my brand. I thought that maybe they just don't understand my brand or personality, which is understandable, so I kept pushing on thinking it will work out.

With the $180 order, you're meant to get 3 revisions until you're happy with the service. I got a revision or 2, then I just didn't hear from them about that order or receive any progress. I had to call and email every day, wondering why my designs had just "stopped" progressing. The customer service consultants recommended that I spend MORE money and place a $5 "logo edits" order to try and get the process "rolling" again. So I did. This time, the logos were completed, although the quality was not the best, I started to see some results. I still wasn't happy with the design for my brand, so I placed another order being hopeful that it would work out.

Every order from then on was not complete. I'd request my "revisions" and they'd either not reply at all OR send me the SAME designs from before. So then I'd lose one of my "revisions" because of their mistake. I contacted customer service to try and be reimbursed for the revisions (not in money, but by getting back the revision on my account). They refused to reimburse me the mistake they'd made countless times.

I kept calling and they told me "just place another logo edits order", but the subsequent orders were never complete. There were various other errors, such as sending me designs with no feedback button on the email. Usually, you get 3 revisions and they email you a link to either approve the design or make changes. Sometimes, they would just forget to do that. So there I was, on the phone again. So many orders later, I had to keep calling and ask "where are my designs?" or "did the design team forget to work on my order?" I was greeted by the same customer service team in Jamaica. They were very rude and unhelpful.

Eventually, I requested a refund for my orders (the most recent request for a refund was on the 14th September 2014). I told them to KEEP my most recent order active, as I wanted to see the process through and (hopefully) get a design that I'm happy with and can use on my website/business card/flyers/invoices etc. It didn't happen. So 4 weeks later, I've got a lot of low-quality logos that don't reflect my brand. I've spent money, then been refunded money, spent most of my time on the phone to customer service, wasting my personal savings on phone calls.

They now refuse to work on my logos, because of the errors they've made. They accused me of "abusing the system" even though the majority of my logo orders were not finished! I spent 50 minutes on the phone today to two representatives who said "we are no longer working on your logos". When I asked to be put through to the Manager or Director, I was transferred to "Courtney" (not sure of the spelling). He told me that they'll do one more revision. However they won't be completing my order. I'm entitled to 3 revisions and one of those was messed up by Vista (last night). They just sent me the same design again to try and avoid doing one revision.

He said they are reviewing my account so they won't be completing my order. I said that's very rude customer service and that I'm entitled to have my order completed, but he refused. Henceforth, I am here, reporting the matter. If I could rewind time, I would've gone to a local company, paid more and probably received a design more personal and suited to my Marketing business. No matter how many times I gave Vista a logo design brief (clearly marked out on PDF's - which also took time to create), they just didn't understand. The quality of work seemed very low. It was as if they'd rushed the process in order to get it "done".

A lot of times, they didn't even have the decency to finish my orders, which I paid for (later refunded for). They lack the personal design understanding that you get by sitting with someone local and explaining your brand. They lack skills in producing designs. A lot of the time I received wonky lines OR logo previews in such a low resolution that I couldn't even see the details.

Many times, I felt like ending the process and so I requested the editable artwork, which was a nightmare in itself. I wanted the artwork so that I could try and finish the process myself. I wanted to take the work into Adobe Indesign and make colour changes so I could try to finish the process as quickly as possible. When you're trying to start your own business, you're racing against a clock sometimes and I figured if I got the artwork then maybe I can finish the order myself. Sometimes they'd send the Adobe Illustrator artwork, and other times they refused. That was more time spent on the phone which I didn't have. Having to explain why I need the artwork and how I need my orders completed.

DON'T waste your money just because it appears cheaper than other services. The last four weeks have given me a pile of unfinished, unusable logos that don't fit my brand. I've spent way too much time on the phone to be greeted by staff that obviously get complaints all the time and wouldn't even listen. I've now got an order where they've promised 3 x revisions and they're refusing to complete the revisions because it doesn't suit them, and the process has been too much for them. Vista should try being in the shoes of the customer, then perhaps things would change. Until then, don't bother with them!

We have ordered numerous times from VistaPrint, but this time I noticed a error on the cards and they needed to be changed instead of just reorder. It then makes you go through the entire process all over again. We carefully made our choice of 1000 postcards at $.07 each (we had written down the price). We reached the end (after pages and pages of other materials and web pages they try to foist onto you) and I noticed the price didn't add up. I paged back to find that the page had changed to read $.13 each postcard. My boss and I had sat together and written down the price quote before us, but as we traveled deeper into the website, they hoped it would be enough time for us to forget the quote we agreed to and nearly doubled it.

I immediately called them. They blamed it on the fact that I added a coupon code. So they hike the prices up and let you THINK you are getting 20% if you use a code? Then they blamed it on the fact that we had art on the back of the card. I explained to them their own website showed that charge was kept separate and was not a 45% increase. They scrambled to find a code that would bring the items down to the first price we saw. They ended up with $.09 a postcard and then credited back our credit card for the balance of the amount. I am furious and I wonder how many people get taken by their tricky website tactics. Watch your check out prices!! Pay attention to the prices quoted to you in the beginning of your order to what they turn up at the end!!

I live in rural Montana and have a PO Box. The USPS returns mail that comes addressed to our physical address so I do not want our physical address printed on our checks. I even called and they refuse to use my mailing address on my bank statements. Not happy with their customer service. :(

Vistaprint Company Profile