2.43/5
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

1513 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I worked for a company that I left over a year ago and they still have my number on their website. Contact with the owner is not possible and Vistaprint refuse to remove it. I have done business with them for years but will no longer continue.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I signed up for the free month of social media marketing Nov of 2017 and cancelled the same month as it was not doing anything for me. Now April 2018 (5 months later) I noticed they have been taking monthly payments from me of $10.50. I called to get refunded and it was no problem but how many people notice this? Seems strange. Otherwise I think they are great in all other aspects... fast delivery... accurate and great customer service and great prices.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 11, 2018

I have been a Vistaprint customer for years. I've always loved the quality of product that they offer. But recently they've been screwing me around with orders. I place an order for fast shipment. The next day, no shipment notification. I call them and they give me a runaround. On four different occasions they've told me: "Oh, your payment didn't go through" (It's a credit card that should be fine to work), OH: (literally) I don't know what happened. Now they're saying that they don't deliver to my address? Which is totally ridiculous because I know they deliver to here. It's freaking normal street address. I've given up on their runaround and am going elsewhere. I think they just want customers to cancel and have to reorder, thus losing their discounts.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I am unfortunately writing to Vistaprint as a very dissatisfied customer. If I could give Vistaprint -5 starts, I would. There is a blatant gap between the customer service I would receive on the phone and the actual follow up, especially in relation to any supervisors or managers (or lack thereof) I would connect with. First Order: I order my wedding invitations and envelopes originally on 1/08/17, with expedited shipping, to arrive on 1/10/18. The envelopes arrived the wrong size. I called (great phone customer service... or so I thought), envelops were reordered on 1/11/18.

Second Order: the envelopes arrived, with a misspelling of my fiance's last name. Which I spelled out 3 times. And his last name was spelled correctly on the original envelopes. I was directed to a supervisor, by my request, who placed the order. Envelops were re-ordered on 1/17/18. I informed the supervisor we could not afford any more delays, and she assured me it would not happen, the envelopes would arrive quickly and she would maintain communication with me through the whole process. I was kindly offered a refund of $92 dollars for the express shipping I had paid for and original envelopes.

She did not follow up with me, once. The envelopes were not expedited and I received them 5 days after I was promised. Third order: the envelopes arrive, with NOW a misspelling of my fiance's last name on a security liner. We never asked for a security liner and his last name was spelled out correctly on the phone 20 times by this point, to a supervisor. I called Vistaprint for the 3rd time, kindly asking for a Manager (since the supervisor did not order correctly, did not stay in communication with me and did not get the envelopes to me when she promised).

A manager could not be found so I was directed to a different supervisor, who apologized, said she would reorder (which happened on 1/25/18), and that her or her manager would keep in communication with me ASAP. She said I would receive a call the following day about an arrival day, but they would be expedited. I did not receive a SINGLE follow up phone call, e-mail or any form of communication. I vocalized to the supervisor the amount of time we had lost and how valuable time is in the wedding planning process. She said that compensation for these issues (i.e. a full refund) would be discussed with me when she or the manager called the following day, which never happened.

Fourth Order: the envelopes arrived correctly on Thursday Feb 1st, 4 days after I was told they would be received, with no follow up communication from anyone.The series of events that took place with my order is utterly embarrassing, disrespectful and nauseating. It took me one month to get my correct order, after 3 failed attempts and numerous unfulfilled promises from 2 supervisors of the company. This company has so many strong aspects and I can see the focus on customer service, but where they are seriously missing the mark, is FOLLOWING UP with customers who have had a misorder, negative experience or generally some feedback. After 4 attempts to get a hold of them, after giving this feedback I STILL have not been contacted and it's nearly April. This is THE worst company I have worked with in terms of customer service, avoid at all costs.

Original review: March 27, 2018

After spending hours perfecting my site with as little creative tools as possible, I finished. The next day I went to my site to view it as a visitor would. At first it said it didn't exist, then it came up on second try. But it has an I with a circle around it prior to my URL. When I click on it, it warns visitors that ANY INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIS WEBSITE COULD BE STOLEN BY ATTACKERS! INSTANTLY, I called Vistaprint to ask what happened and why sites aren't SSL? I am then informed that none of their websites are SSL! WTF? In 2018, what kind of company that offers websites doesn't have SSL??? The moment their I.T. department said "hey, we should offer websites to clients." someone should have said, "before we even start code, we need to ensure each site is SSL!"

Who in this day and age, doesn't know, even laymen know, Security online is extremely important! What idiot decided this was even a good idea to move forward without protecting their customers online. Have all my print orders that include my cc, the same? Their site isn't safe! BE CAREFUL. This is a huge breach of customer trust and safety. Not to mention, as a business, what prospect of mine will now enter their contact information into a website that shows loud and clear, your information isn't safe and can be stolen by attackers, upon initial visit! FML, I knew I shouldn't have gone with them, their deal was good, and now I know why. From one business professional to a business, VISTAPRINT, FIRE YOUR I.T. DEPARTMENT AND ANYONE THAT SAID, THIS WAS EVEN A LITTLE OK. I feel like Shemp is heading their companies digital side. Horrible horrible horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: March 16, 2018

I made an order on the 5th of March, it was supposed to arrive on the 12th. My event is on the 20th. I got the order confirmation and was happy with everything until the order did not arrive on time. I called a couple days after and asked where my order was and they just said it had been canceled as the payment hadn't been processed. I didn't receive any emails saying there had been a problem with payment. They just apologised but couldn't get my order to me in time. Don't give me an apology, bring me a solution! They obviously don't want money or loyal customers because they couldn't call or email when there was an issue with the order. This could have been resolved so easily but dealing with them was a waste of time and very stressful!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have used Vistaprint over many years to make promotional postcards. I have found their site very easy for a non-technical person to work with. The finished products arrive quickly, are of high-quality and affordably priced. When there have been problems, they have generally been attentively dealt with to my satisfaction. I am almost always very pleased and get good results and feedback from my customers.

Original review: March 13, 2018

RUN! I ordered some posters for an event. I was not super engaged and they asked about our business logo. I didn't realize I had signed up for a $30 a month kind of subscription whereby they keep sending me junk. I called them to cancel and they billed me again. They are a complete scam. BE very careful about what you are signing up for.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Vistaprint does a lot of different things. They do business cards, banners, t-shirts, design service; and so much more. I had two of my children graduating high school and I was able to design our invitation cards with photo and design. Easy online ordering and very reasonable prices. They came in on time and was professional.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have an Etsy account where I sell business cards. A customer contacted me to match Vistaprint's prices. I said I cannot. Customer then requested to purchase a PDF file. I declined. Customer then had Vistaprint replicate my cards for $10. Not only did I lose the sale, Vistaprint is profiting off my ideas.

Original review: March 5, 2018

They had lots of nice designs, but that's the only thing that is saving this company from a 1-star review. I had a nightmare just trying to create an account. It said my email address was invalid, which it wasn't, and I ended up finding a loophole by which the website would allow me to just create an account. That loophole was to sign up for email promotions... thought I was just giving them my email address... no, I have to create a password just to get emails from them! Then, once I finally had my account set up, went to order some business cards. Before I could check out I had to click through three or four pages of products which I didn't want. Should have checked out reviews of this website before I ordered my business cards. If I had I wouldn't have ordered. Probably won't be ordering again. We'll see whether the cards are good quality once I get them. No matter what though, I won't be recommending Vistaprint to anyone.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I have been using Vistaprint for a few year. Each time I have been very happy with this company: excellent products, very good service and value for prices. I also have receiving my orders on the time. The company is so impressive. They replaced free charge one of my order I wasn't happy with. My friend told me she refused the package, and the USPS sent it back to Vistaprint free of charge. Vistaprint is an online supplier of printing & promotional materials as well as marketing services with an excellent website very easy to use. Great company, I highly recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought business cards and they signed me up for some website thing. Did not agree to it - and have repeatedly tried to stop billing/cancel. They have made it a nightmare to cancel. I will never use them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Unfortunately, the polo shirts I ordered both shrunk 3". When they arrive, they come really big but after you wash them, using their instructions, the shirt was too small. When I called they said they only sell one type of polo shirt so there was nothing they could do. Disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Trying to purchase business cards from them, but they will not accept my email address as there are only 2 letters before the @. I run 3 business' and have 5 email accounts that all start with my 2 initials. I have NEVER had anyone not accept my email "for security purposes." This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. Cannot become a "Verified Buyer" as the site wouldn't let me buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I don't recommend using Vista Print, the prices are cheap because you get what you pay for, If you want to make an impact with your customers then I would recommend finding another Business Card supplier. Look at Digital Business Cards, remember we live in a digital age.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I ordered a memory book for my fiancé, as a gift. I got it delivered within 3 days And the quality was amazing, all the images were extra clear in that book as compared to the quality I provided them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered letterhead with a paper color other than white. Much to my surprise, the back side of the letterhead is white. The weirdest looking paper I've ever seen...and worthless to use for my letterhead. A complete waste of money, and the customer support when I called to register my dissatisfaction was useless. My recommendation - don't order anything from Vistaprint - you never know what you are going to get.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

It's time to end this relationship. I've purchased business cards from Vistaprint many years and the attention to quality is miserable. My latest order came and all 500 cards were cut wrong. The replacement came and all cards were cut wrong. I'm waiting for a third shipment. I called and was told they don't check before they ship! What a terrible way to run a business.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

They are amazing! They helped since the creation of my business cards, the art, ideas, so I misconfused my address for my shipment and because that I had a delay, so when I need to contact on customer service I was thinking about waiting one hour over the phone, but instead I have this experience: they were super amazing! Fast, polite, professional, Vistaprint now is for me one of the best.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I placed this order on 12/12/17 and it was promised by 12/20/17. I made an inquiry on 12/19/17 on the status. Out of the blue I receive a $4.93 refund for an unexplained reason and the following response: "Thank you for your recent order D651B-L4A17-1J6. Unfortunately, due to unanticipated production issues, your order hasn’t shipped yet and your delivery will be slightly delayed. >> Please know we’re doing everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible. We expect your item to be delivered by 12/25/2017 and as soon as it ships we’ll send you a confirmation email."

This was not the case. No one was working on my order at all. When I inquired again after the New Year about the status I was told the "production team" thought my order was canceled (I had canceled envelopes) and I could expect it by 1/10/18 at no additional charge, as if that is special - I'd already paid for it! When I asked for an additional discount, if not a full refund to compensate for their error, they flatly said no. I have been a Vistaprint customer for over 10 years and have never received such poor customer service, lip service and lack of appreciation for being a customer. My view of Vistaprint is currently colored and I do not know if I can continue using their services.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had 1500 business cards printed by Vistaprint. First of all, I used their site to create the cards. This process was very easy and the cards looked great. Next, when I received the cards they were just as they looked on the site, not quite as bright in color, which is to be expected since the computer monitor uses actual lighting, but pretty darn close! I was very, very pleased to say the least. Then, I realized I had made a mistake on the cards. I called Vistaprint about 3 weeks after I received my order and explained I had made a mistake. They re-ordered the cards for me and sent them out to me at NO CHARGE! This is an amazing company! Also, every time I spoke to their representatives on the phone, they were very kind and patient. I would recommend this company without reservation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Been using for 7 years, and still totally happy! I was surprised by the bad reviews. I sure hope they are wrong since I just ordered a poster and 2 new magnets for my car. All I know is, every product has come back to me PERFECT! I run a company called Napa Valley Nanny and my husband uses them for his wine tours - Savor Napa Wine Tours. We are totally satisfied with: Business Cards, Postcards, gift certificates, poster, car magnets. I can't imagine that I'll be unhappy with the order I just placed. Also, THEY ANSWER THE PHONE and communicate clearly, and are SO helpful. I wish they would make balloons, since I ordered mine from Wristbands/Imprint.com and was SO unhappy with customer service and the product was horrible. Please start doing custom balloons!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

VistaPrint makes ordering business cards, and brochures easy. Their staff is very helpful. They have a pretty good selection of styles and templates. It's a low-cost way to help your business grow.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Whatever they once were they are not anymore. Years ago Vistaprint was to go to Business accessories solution. For a great price and quick service you would get what you want with very high quality and on time. Now they are virtually the most expensive and consistently miss deadlines which for a small business person is critical. They will not be getting my business anymore. I say this to help others looking for a recommendation. There are many better solutions next time. I’m going to Staples.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Of all the online card options I thought to give Vistaprint a chance. I paid extra for expedited shipping and the cards have still not arrived 2 days past date. Not getting in time for Xmas. They've reimbursed my money at least, but total disappointment - will not use them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I've had problems with their quality of work four times now. The print quality was great when I first started using them, now its seems rushed, poorly executed, and unable to keep up with their promotions. This last, and final, incident occurred when they failed to print my order, even though I got a tracking number, and then also failed to notify me that there was an issue with my order. When I called to inquire, the customer service promptly returned my money and reissued a new print job. Even that failed to be delivered at the promised time.

They delivered me 10 envelopes, 2 sheets of return labels, and nothing else; not the 50 Christmas cards I ordered. These will be mailed out completely late. This is so disheartening, but it’s a good lesson to learn and to move on to a company that will keep its word and deliver on time, a quality product. Customer service told me they were having a lot of issues this year. Well, if Vistaprint cannot scale up properly, they shouldn't have promoted so many discounts. I honestly wish I could give Vistaprint a negative star rating. - 5.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

No way! Make a note not to use them ever again. I remember this same thing happening in the past. Printing completed fast, but rush expedited or fastest shipping is slow with absolutely no options to ship faster even when calling on the phone. Also the shipping delivery estimate was wrong. Shop local, skip the ship and this business that will not try to accommodate common modern fast shipping methods. I hope Amazon starts an online printing operation.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I made a mistake during the checkout process when I placed my order. I reached out to Vistaprint via live chat. We were disconnected mid conversation during the live chat process and not even five minutes later, the live chat agent called my phone to help resolve things. I was blown away that they followed up with me. I thought I would have to start the process all over again. She was so helpful at resolving my issue. I will definitely refer friends and family to this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We ordered our year's Christmas card through Vistaprint and received them much darker than they showed in our preview. It was not at all good quality and the photo is obviously much darker than it should be. We were quite disappointed with them and realized we wouldn't be able to send them out in that condition, so we requested either a lighter reprint, or our money back. They said they would brighten the photo and resend us a new copy with express home delivery. Of course the delivery didn't arrive at home, instead it was back at the little supermarket that we have to take a train to get to.

We returned home and were excited to see the reprints. I jokingly said to my wife, "Don't get your hopes up" and sure enough, I was right. They not only brightened up our photo, but they brightened up the entire card! Why not just brighten up the photo then add it to the template again? That wouldn't have been a big deal if they actually had eyes and looked at the quality of the photo they were printing out. Now it is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum! They are way overexposed and look even worse than the original. We are going to just end up sending out both copies and tell our friends and family that they should be expecting something in between. I will never use Vistaprint again.

Vistaprint Company Information