2.51/5
Based on 91 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

1501 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought business cards and they signed me up for some website thing. Did not agree to it - and have repeatedly tried to stop billing/cancel. They have made it a nightmare to cancel. I will never use them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Unfortunately, the polo shirts I ordered both shrunk 3". When they arrive, they come really big but after you wash them, using their instructions, the shirt was too small. When I called they said they only sell one type of polo shirt so there was nothing they could do. Disappointing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Trying to purchase business cards from them, but they will not accept my email address as there are only 2 letters before the @. I run 3 business' and have 5 email accounts that all start with my 2 initials. I have NEVER had anyone not accept my email "for security purposes." This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. Cannot become a "Verified Buyer" as the site wouldn't let me buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I don't recommend using Vista Print, the prices are cheap because you get what you pay for, If you want to make an impact with your customers then I would recommend finding another Business Card supplier. Look at Digital Business Cards, remember we live in a digital age.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I ordered a memory book for my fiancé, as a gift. I got it delivered within 3 days And the quality was amazing, all the images were extra clear in that book as compared to the quality I provided them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I ordered letterhead with a paper color other than white. Much to my surprise, the back side of the letterhead is white. The weirdest looking paper I've ever seen...and worthless to use for my letterhead. A complete waste of money, and the customer support when I called to register my dissatisfaction was useless. My recommendation - don't order anything from Vistaprint - you never know what you are going to get.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

It's time to end this relationship. I've purchased business cards from Vistaprint many years and the attention to quality is miserable. My latest order came and all 500 cards were cut wrong. The replacement came and all cards were cut wrong. I'm waiting for a third shipment. I called and was told they don't check before they ship! What a terrible way to run a business.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

They are amazing! They helped since the creation of my business cards, the art, ideas, so I misconfused my address for my shipment and because that I had a delay, so when I need to contact on customer service I was thinking about waiting one hour over the phone, but instead I have this experience: they were super amazing! Fast, polite, professional, Vistaprint now is for me one of the best.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I placed this order on 12/12/17 and it was promised by 12/20/17. I made an inquiry on 12/19/17 on the status. Out of the blue I receive a $4.93 refund for an unexplained reason and the following response: "Thank you for your recent order D651B-L4A17-1J6. Unfortunately, due to unanticipated production issues, your order hasn’t shipped yet and your delivery will be slightly delayed. >> Please know we’re doing everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible. We expect your item to be delivered by 12/25/2017 and as soon as it ships we’ll send you a confirmation email."

This was not the case. No one was working on my order at all. When I inquired again after the New Year about the status I was told the "production team" thought my order was canceled (I had canceled envelopes) and I could expect it by 1/10/18 at no additional charge, as if that is special - I'd already paid for it! When I asked for an additional discount, if not a full refund to compensate for their error, they flatly said no. I have been a Vistaprint customer for over 10 years and have never received such poor customer service, lip service and lack of appreciation for being a customer. My view of Vistaprint is currently colored and I do not know if I can continue using their services.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had 1500 business cards printed by Vistaprint. First of all, I used their site to create the cards. This process was very easy and the cards looked great. Next, when I received the cards they were just as they looked on the site, not quite as bright in color, which is to be expected since the computer monitor uses actual lighting, but pretty darn close! I was very, very pleased to say the least. Then, I realized I had made a mistake on the cards. I called Vistaprint about 3 weeks after I received my order and explained I had made a mistake. They re-ordered the cards for me and sent them out to me at NO CHARGE! This is an amazing company! Also, every time I spoke to their representatives on the phone, they were very kind and patient. I would recommend this company without reservation.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Been using for 7 years, and still totally happy! I was surprised by the bad reviews. I sure hope they are wrong since I just ordered a poster and 2 new magnets for my car. All I know is, every product has come back to me PERFECT! I run a company called Napa Valley Nanny and my husband uses them for his wine tours - Savor Napa Wine Tours. We are totally satisfied with: Business Cards, Postcards, gift certificates, poster, car magnets. I can't imagine that I'll be unhappy with the order I just placed. Also, THEY ANSWER THE PHONE and communicate clearly, and are SO helpful. I wish they would make balloons, since I ordered mine from Wristbands/Imprint.com and was SO unhappy with customer service and the product was horrible. Please start doing custom balloons!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

VistaPrint makes ordering business cards, and brochures easy. Their staff is very helpful. They have a pretty good selection of styles and templates. It's a low-cost way to help your business grow.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Whatever they once were they are not anymore. Years ago Vistaprint was to go to Business accessories solution. For a great price and quick service you would get what you want with very high quality and on time. Now they are virtually the most expensive and consistently miss deadlines which for a small business person is critical. They will not be getting my business anymore. I say this to help others looking for a recommendation. There are many better solutions next time. I’m going to Staples.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Of all the online card options I thought to give Vistaprint a chance. I paid extra for expedited shipping and the cards have still not arrived 2 days past date. Not getting in time for Xmas. They've reimbursed my money at least, but total disappointment - will not use them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I've had problems with their quality of work four times now. The print quality was great when I first started using them, now its seems rushed, poorly executed, and unable to keep up with their promotions. This last, and final, incident occurred when they failed to print my order, even though I got a tracking number, and then also failed to notify me that there was an issue with my order. When I called to inquire, the customer service promptly returned my money and reissued a new print job. Even that failed to be delivered at the promised time.

They delivered me 10 envelopes, 2 sheets of return labels, and nothing else; not the 50 Christmas cards I ordered. These will be mailed out completely late. This is so disheartening, but it’s a good lesson to learn and to move on to a company that will keep its word and deliver on time, a quality product. Customer service told me they were having a lot of issues this year. Well, if Vistaprint cannot scale up properly, they shouldn't have promoted so many discounts. I honestly wish I could give Vistaprint a negative star rating. - 5.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

No way! Make a note not to use them ever again. I remember this same thing happening in the past. Printing completed fast, but rush expedited or fastest shipping is slow with absolutely no options to ship faster even when calling on the phone. Also the shipping delivery estimate was wrong. Shop local, skip the ship and this business that will not try to accommodate common modern fast shipping methods. I hope Amazon starts an online printing operation.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I made a mistake during the checkout process when I placed my order. I reached out to Vistaprint via live chat. We were disconnected mid conversation during the live chat process and not even five minutes later, the live chat agent called my phone to help resolve things. I was blown away that they followed up with me. I thought I would have to start the process all over again. She was so helpful at resolving my issue. I will definitely refer friends and family to this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We ordered our year's Christmas card through Vistaprint and received them much darker than they showed in our preview. It was not at all good quality and the photo is obviously much darker than it should be. We were quite disappointed with them and realized we wouldn't be able to send them out in that condition, so we requested either a lighter reprint, or our money back. They said they would brighten the photo and resend us a new copy with express home delivery. Of course the delivery didn't arrive at home, instead it was back at the little supermarket that we have to take a train to get to.

We returned home and were excited to see the reprints. I jokingly said to my wife, "Don't get your hopes up" and sure enough, I was right. They not only brightened up our photo, but they brightened up the entire card! Why not just brighten up the photo then add it to the template again? That wouldn't have been a big deal if they actually had eyes and looked at the quality of the photo they were printing out. Now it is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum! They are way overexposed and look even worse than the original. We are going to just end up sending out both copies and tell our friends and family that they should be expecting something in between. I will never use Vistaprint again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have ordered from Vistaprint in the past and have always been satisfied. However, I placed a large order for Tote Bags, individually printed with dog's names. I placed my order on November 10th, proud that I was well ahead of the game and would get them in plenty of time. Called on Dec 11th and they told me that I would need to resubmit and the order would reach me on the 27th December!!! There was no expediting this order. When I wished to cancel, they said they would refund half and still send the order, which is absolutely no use to me as Christmas gifts for clients given AFTER Christmas is highly unprofessional. I had to quickly find an alternative which I did, but they're unable to print individual names AND I had to pay $154 to expedite the order which still isn't going to reach me until 2 days before Christmas. All in all a terrible, terrible experience with this company whose blatant inefficiency is now reflected badly on me and my company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered business cards for my Uber business (private contractor/self employed). Vistaprint gave my information to some company in California that sells Labor Law posters. This company started harassing me to buy their posters or I would be turned in to my local Labor Board for not having them which could net me a $36000 fine! I'm not even a business that has employees... I AM SELF EMPLOYED! These Vistaprint people violate every privacy policy there is out there. Buyer beware and stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have been using Vista Print for several years. Each time I have had interaction with them I have been very happy with their concern for detail and the excellence of their products. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I ordered small postcards for people to fill out with contact information. I only needed one side printed and I chose the matte side, leaving the glossy side blank. After I placed the order online, I discovered I was charged for double sided printing even though the customer service rep told me it would not be an extra charge. I even saved the text of the chat with the customer rep and sent it to them. Despite my objections, they gave me a credit. I wanted a refund for the disputed charge.

The product they produced was fine and I did receive it in time. However, I am unlikely to do business with them again. Certainly I would never do anything that cost a lot of money. If they are not willing to stand behind what their customer reps say, how can they be trusted? If they won't refund my $18, I seriously doubt they would refund amounts greater than that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Printed material is decent, considering most jobs are done on gang runs (multiple project jobs where various colors are used as opposed to a single run, where color can be custom matched) and still maintain their color down to about 98% with no bleeds, splotches, etc. Folded cards or brochures in my experience (I've ordered both in larger than normal quantities) are usually not sent scored. Or if they are, only partially scored. This means the customer ends up bending their brochures or hands by hand, which is tedious and never seamlessly uniform.

Customer service is helpful, but it is always a hassle to have to call in and explain this. Also for those who have websites with them, keep in mind the pros and cons. Pros are unlimited bandwidth and pages, pretty low operating costs per month with a very high quality of photos to choose from. The user interface is easy to navigate even for a graphic artist like myself. Anyone can build a site and refine it with their proprietary software.

Cons are you can't insert an SSL certificate (the little green lock) because Cimpress (Vistaprint's parent company) doesn't allow it. Each site is used within the Cimpress host server, and you know they do have the highest SSL certificate, but for those customers who do have sites with them, this is not possible. I own 2 SSL certificates and can't put them in. This is bad because I don't like aging to tell people I use them to build my site or host it, and don't want to build a new site yet. Cimpress has come far and I've had good experiences with them, but it isn't seamless. Weebly.com is more expensive but they do allow SSL certificates. They have cons too though.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Their Guarantee is very IMPRESSIVE. They will replace free charge any order you're not happy with. And their quality and prices are excellent. However, I haven't ordered from them for a couple years and it does look like they have changed their website somewhat. Their website used to be so easy to use in designing your own cards, etc. and I'm not sure if they're retained that same standard of excellent as I've read one review on this site that tells me they may have changed their website to something less than what it was - an excellent website so very easy to use. Overall great company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have a huge photo shoot coming up and Vistaprint said they would get me my flyers in 2 days. It’s is 4:35pm the day before I was suppose to get the flyers. It’s too late now to go anywhere else to get them printed and to me in one day when it’s 4:35pm. So now the 50 flyers are a wasted.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

On 11/26/17, I placed an order through my reseller account to purchase a banner for one of my customers. I selected Standard shipping, which had a guaranteed delivery date of 12/4/17. The banner shipped out the same day and the following day I tracked the item on UPS and it stated delivery of 11/30/17. However, when I went on UPS today, it shows that the banner has been sitting at the UPS facility in Oak Creek (which is 10 minutes from my house) for 2 days.

I contacted Monique from customer service via chat today and was told that by selecting Standard shipping, that I was agreeing to the 12/4/17 ship date and that there was nothing Vistaprint can do as the package is not late. I stated that I'm not complaining that the shipment is late; rather, that it's just sitting in a warehouse 10 minutes from me and that I'm being told by her that I have to wait another 4 days, for no reason, to receive my banner. Monique clearly had an attitude and I told her as such and she basically told me that she didn't care.

I then called customer service immediately and another woman said the exact same thing that Monique did. It was almost word for word, as if they were reading off of a script. After arguing with her for 10 minutes and just going around in circles, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. I waited 5-10 minutes before a supervisor with a thick accent picked up the phone.

The supervisor was extremely rude and condescending. I asked why my package is just sitting at UPS and not being transferred to the Post Office for immediate delivery and she stated that it's because I paid for 5 day delivery and as such, the package would get delivered on the 5th day. It didn't matter to her that the package arrived at the UPS facility in 2 days, since I didn't pay the $18 fee for UPS ground, my package was being held hostage at UPS an extra 4 days at the direction of Vistaprint because I didn't pay more for shipping.

When I explained how stupid this policy was, the supervisor told that it's just the way it is and if I wanted the package faster, I should've paid more. I used to run a warehouse and I know it doesn't cost $18 to ship a medium banner from Michigan to Wisconsin via UPS Ground. When I threatened to close my reseller account to the supervisor, she told me that if that's what I needed to do, then I should do it. Please tell me how a customer service supervisor just tells a customer to close their account and doesn't do anything to retain the customer. Have they gotten that big that customer service no longer matters? As a result of the shipping issue, my customer became very upset and told me they won't be ordering from me ever again. It's great to know that I'm losing business because of Vistaprint and their money hungry policies. As a result, I closed my reseller account and I will never do business with Vistaprint ever again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have never ordered anything from Vistaprint - did not even know who they were until I found two fraudulent charges on my credit card. One was for $700 and another for $800. Luckily, I found them within a day of the charges being made, and was able to have my credit card company take them off and send me a new card. Ironically, about 2 weeks later, we received a large package from Vistaprint with 50 white hoodies and a middle finger with ** you printed on them. I must admit that I laughed when we received it, as I've never been told off in such an interesting way. Nonetheless, we refused the package, and the post office sent it back to Vistaprint free of charge. Dangerous company, though.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I am a small business owner and I ordered a batch of 50 calendars for the holidays. The online chat was very helpful when I had questions about creating the layout and photo quality control. The calendars came in and they look great, however I was about ready to ship them when I found a couple of them were missing pages. I called customer service in a tizzy to report the printing issue. The gentleman I talked to was polite, apologetic and understanding, and ended up sending me a whole new order free of charge with expedited shipping. I was delighted and I look forward to continue working with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Had a great experience with Vistaprint. I ordered a sweater in the wrong size and they reordered an additional sweater at no cost for me. The customer service rep had a great attitude as well and was just generally very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have been ordering from Vistaprint for a year now and I noticed that on a few reorders the price has increased by as much as 50% over the price from less than a year ago. When I complained about this to them they denied any price increase in the last year yet I can easily check my order history and see what I paid. Even with the evidence I presented to them they still denied any price increase. Toooo funny. Anyway... Lost a lot of confidence in this company now so will be seeking a new company to do business with.

Vistaprint Company Information

www.vistaprint.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use