2.49/5

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1615 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Tonia at Vistaprint lies to customers or is so bad at reading comprehension that it causes lies. Place the order she/he says, "We will give you the discount," she/he says. Then this morning the story changed & no discount provided because she/he failed to comprehend the words I had tried applying. Can't fix stupid but it can be hired by Vistaprint to lie and rip off customers. Beware of Vistaprints lying/not too smart staff as it will cost you money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Alas, all good things definitely come to end. After doing business with Vistaprint for more than a decade, enough is enough. The low rating is due to Vistaprint's now intolerable customer service. Offshore representatives that talk down as well as insult. WTF? This directly deals with asking the company to absorb shipping on 1500 postcards. There was never a problem before when placing an order for over 1000. Shanique in Jamaica stated, "we gave you a generous discount already." WTF? She went on to further belittle by not caring how long I have been a customer. So the company's position now is, "Too bad Mr. Customer. All we want is your money." Hell for that type of treatment, I'll buy local and pick-up. I even tried reaching out over social, and Anika on Facebook chat posits a similar snot attitude. Lesson is to take business local and stop dealing with snot.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The web site is cumbersome, and crazily touch sensitive. It kept bouncing me out of the page I was on. It definitely is NOT user friendly. Their pricing is deceptive. It looked like they were offering great promo deals and discounts; as it turns out the price they quote is the so-called "discounted" price and zero is taken off upon checking out. They used to offer good deals when checking out to get the customer to buy an additional quantity, without incurring another shipping charge. Didn't get any great offers this time, and the receipt they emailed was incorrect, and I had to contact customer service. Buying in small quantities is expensive, because of the shipping costs. Overall, I found my attempts to place an order quite frustrating. Years ago, I would have recommended their company. Sadly, not anymore.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

On January 6, 2019, I placed an order by phone. On January 8, 2019, I checked online for the status of the order and it said I had not placed any orders. When I called their 800 number the first time the system disconnected me after a short hold. When I called again, I reached a person (offshore) that confirmed that I did not have any pending orders. This was my first and last attempt to use Vistaprint!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

As a graphics designer I used Vistaprint over the past few years to print some of my clients projects usually without issue. This time however there was nothing but issues. I submitted my print design and paid for it, after about a week I get a message on my PayPal that my money was refunded and the check with Vistaprint to find out they just cancelled my project without a reason why. Since I was under a deadline I tried again and submitted my brochure design. This time when my client gets the brochure, (a week late because of the other issue) the inside of the brochure was upside down. I called Vistaprint and they say or production department mistakenly flipped the brochure. I did get a total refund on the project, but found another printer for the project. If you're looking try Aztecprintinganddesign.com, they redid the brochure within 24 hours for less money and my client loved it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Bought a few mugs for Christmas gifts in Canada, assumed the total was in Canadian funds as there was a Canadian flag on the bottom of the website. Did not say anywhere at checkout it was US funds, found out when I got my credit card statement that they charged me 122 dollars Canadian instead of the 80 something at the checkout. I called and was told it was normal for them to just charge the currency wherever the product is made. Would be nice to know that when checking out! Not very happy with Vistaprint.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I am creating a photo book for my brother who lost his 8.5 week old daughter to a heart condition. I have made books on Shutterfly and iPhoto before but chose Vistaprint because of the flexibility in the design. The first 30 pages have gone swimmingly and I love the flexibility with the editor. HOWEVER, all of the sudden, I cannot save my product any longer. I keep getting a "please wait just a moment while we save your product" with a loading bar but it never saves!! I have spent over 40 hours working on the first 30 pages and when I contacted customer service Karema said "I am afraid you will need to start from scratch." They are barely even trying to help resolve the issue. They have no idea why this is happening and are not even giving me an option to allow them to resolve and come back to it. Absolutely horrible with no concern as to customer satisfaction. And to think I was going to spend over $100 on this book.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have order from Vistaprint for over 7 years. Always pleased with printing of my business cards and brochures. Placed an order on 12/26/18 with an estimated delivery of 1/4/19. Received confirmation email. Logged into my account on 1/2/19 and still "processing", so I get on chat and am informed that my account has been "marked for suspicious activity" and my order will not be processed. Why was I not contacted about this?!? So I get on the phone with customer service and they ask me to create a new account with a different email and they will switch over my designs and my latest order for me. Fine. Done.

Also was offered to add expedited shipping at no cost. Great! 2 hours later I get a phone call that now my NEW SECOND ACCOUNT is marked for suspicious activity and this order will not be processed. WHAT!?! I can't even understand what is going on at this place. Get back on with customer service and they tell me I will need to place the order a third time. Umm, nope. I don't trust this company anymore. DON'T fall into this trap - order somewhere else!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have two websites, one for my art business and the other for a condo association. For weeks now I have not been able to access the site builder for either of them. Called V.P. and spoke to wing ** who could not help and bumped it upstairs and never heard from them again. Now I have to recreate the websites with someone else. How can I keep the names? THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I purchased a custom logo design for my start-up. I was truly pleased with my logo, until today I discovered the same logo on another website. Vistaprint designer ripoff or stole and copied someone’s designed. I really thought this was a truthworthy service. I am very disappointed. Now, I have to spend more money to get a new logo. I printed this logo on everything believing it was mines to use. I could have been sued for infringements. This sucks! I will never recommend anyone to Vistaprint ever again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

For the sake of history and validation that I have gone above and beyond being forgiving and patient; I have ordered from Vistaprint for more than 7 years. I have spent thousands of dollars ordering from them. My orders are large volume and include mailers and banners for real estate. I have done some research on Vistaprint today, and like the incredible growing number of businesses of this type, Vistaprint operates out of the Netherlands. This gives them an opportunity to be further out of reach from their customers and most regulations. Before you buy from a company out-of-reach and counting on those customers to continue with them, shop around. There are tons of businesses that can print and produce the same services. Any company can make and air a commercial in the U.S.A. The company operates under the parent company "Cimpress" and has 25 sub-divisional companies. Google "Cimpress".

This last order was actually a re-order for a property flyer. When I got to the point of reviewing the order and making a choice of shipping options, I had the option to choose "delivered BY 1/3/19" for $19.99. Because I had to get them at my office BY end of day 1/3/19, I chose that option, paying the $19.99. There were two other options of receiving BY 1/7/19 for only $6.99 -or BY 1/8/19 for free. When I clicked confirm the order, the shipping date was now "Delivery ESTIMATED on or AFTER 1/4/19." I would not be at the office on 1/4 - 1/7. Yes, if I knew it was going to miss my 1/3/19 deadline, I could have saved the money, went with the free shipping and re-organized the schedule for that particular project. There is a sneaky and obvious difference between "BY" and "Estimated". Everyone knows this, but our thoughts and "eyes" fail to catch it when buried in clumps of dialogue.

I chatted with "Grace" on Vista's website (I'm not 100% sure they are truly Vistaprint. I believe I was told by an online agent that they were contracted and located in Indonesia, providing a call-center service.) She said the reason for the shipping date change was I missed it by 8 HOURS of their cut-off production. I stated to her that it didn't take me 8 hours to submit the re-order; rather, 8 minutes, if that long and why was the system out of sync with my time zone? (The age of technology is not inhibited by time zones any longer.) The Netherlands are only 6 hours ahead of the East Standard Time.

She said there was nothing that could be done. I stated I was seeing this as a trending issue with other orders and re-orders. She stated, "Online ordering is not a true science and customers must prepare in advance." I informed her that there were other services that have discovered that leap into the future of competing with other services and surpassed the science of online ordering. At that moment, I was disconnected from the chat session. Have a great new year, everyone!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I am a first time user of Vistaprint. I wanted to order my mother a notebook with a collage of photos on it for her business notes, as she frequently uses a notebook. I designed the cover myself and ordered it. 1st star: The process was very easy and user friendly. Right after ordering it on Monday with expedited shipping, I decided to check out reviews for the business. Normally I would do this before shopping on any new website, but the professionalism I saw was enough reassurance for me (2nd star). Of course, that reassurance plummeted after reading all of the holiday horror story reviews from the website from here. I opted to go through with my plan even after reading about late delivery, bad customer service and grainy picture quality.

Fast forward to today, after closely monitoring the tracking route and confirmation emails (3rd star) my notebook has arrived! It’s in great condition and the color, which I was most worried about, is true to my original design (4th and 5th star). I was very worried about using Vistaprint after reading these reviews, especially after reading about mean customer service. For me, any customer service is a bad sign and one that tells me to take my business elsewhere, but all I see from them is a good quality business so far. I will continue to use them for any services I need until I see any change in that good quality. I am normally not one to write reviews, but I wanted to advocate for the good experience I had from them during the holiday season while I am seeing so many negative reviews.

A note for anyone who isn’t tech savvy out there, a double check from someone who is good in graphic design or can help make sure the quality of your photos is true is probably a good idea. As a graphic design artist, I am a good advocate for this. It can probably also be attributed to me being a sophomore in high school who is familiar with social media. ;)

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered several customed mugs from Vistaprint 19 days prior to Christmas. They sent the products to billing instead of shipping address. Company would not send new mugs to me prior to Christmas even though they offer expedited shipping on all products.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have ordered custom printing from Vistaprint many times. The first time it was for photo thank you cards. Photo quality superb on heavy cardstock. Since, I have ordered many mugs with photos on it. Good quality. I just ordered mugs, tee-shirts, business cards, mouse pad and a poster, all with different photos on them. The order arrived a day before I expected it. The quality is excellent. They are gifts, so I hoped they would be great and they are. I will be happy to give them. I will be back.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I purchased 75 personalized Christmas cards to send out to my husband's business colleagues. I put a rush order in & while they arrived on time, I was completely unaware that square cards require 71 cents postage. It never occurred to me to check correct postage on what I perceived as a regular Christmas card. There was no mention of it in the description of the cards. Had it been disclosed before I ordered, I could have chosen a different card. It wasn't until they began to come back as "insufficient postage" did I realize what had happened.

It's embarrassing as I'm sure some were delivered "postage due" and others will be re-mailed with additional 21 cent stamps but "insufficient postage" stamped on it. Customer service basically said they weren't responsible for postage & they'd suggest that a note be added to the card information in the future. Fat lot of good that does me. I won't be using them again. There are far too many other companies to choose from for such services.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

On 11/26/2018 (Cyber Monday) I placed an order to have blankets made as a Christmas gift for my family. I ordered 6 blankets. Received them on 12/10. However 4 blankets showed up blank (no picture on them). I called in 12/10 and James said he will redo the 4 blankets and I will get them on 12/17. Today it is 12/17 and there is no tracking number so they haven't even been shipped out at all! I was charged $200 total for these 4 blankets that I have not received yet. So I called in again and spoke to Nikki. She apologized and said she is redoing the order and I will now get the 4 blankets by 12/24.

My niece and nephew are coming over 12/21 so I can give them their Christmas presents. I now cannot do that. Remember I placed this order 11/26 hoping I could get them in time but now I won’t. I have used Vistaprint for 10 years. This is the 1st year things went wrong. I will no longer use this company for Christmas gifts since they won’t arrive on time or correctly. Christmas is ruined. I will use Shutterfly in the future.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Vistaprint cancel my albums without a warning or a reason. When I called they said it was due to a high volume of orders so I'm guessing they just pick some to cancel. This was supposed to be Christmas presents from my grandparents. Thanks Vistaprint for running my Christmas and setting me back. They said they couldn't reorder again because more than likely it would happen again. Ugh... I only gave them two stars because I've used them every year for birthday cards and never had a problem but never again will I use them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I ordered Christmas cards through Vistaprint this year. They had a sale during the week of Thanksgiving. I put in all information required. I never received a confirmation email from them. The cards came missing the main design on them. It is a blank black card with a photo. I called them today and was told I do not have an account. I told them I put in the info required when ordering. She said I must have used another email. I told her I did not as I only have one email. She put me on hold. I was on hold for 20 minutes.

I could hear the phone click in and put me back on hold. I think she was trying to see if I would hang up. She finally came back on the line and said without an account number or email they cannot see the project. I offered to send them a picture of it. I was never given an account. I tried to log into their website and was told I couldn’t. It appears something happened with their system, but it’s my fault (according to customer service). No help. No answers. My fault. I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Vistaprint made a photo poster of my late father-in-law which was used for his memorial service. We needed the print in three days, on that Friday because the service was a 3-1/2 hour drive away and we had to be there on Saturday for a Sunday. They assured me the order was expedited and would be at my home on Friday. Of course, I worried, especially under the circumstances, but the poster arrived on time. It looked great and was a nice addition to his memorial service. When a family is going through a loss, it is a relief to deal with people and companies who care. We really appreciated their professionalism and prompt service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Vistaprint is my go to for holiday gifts, and I make a personalized photo calendar for myself every year. This year is the first time I EVER had issues with my order and Vistaprint's customer service was incredible. They helped me right away with my issues and sent replacements free of charge. NO ONE IS PERFECT but at least Vistaprint does what they need to do to make it right!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I foolishly signed up for the free trials of 5 different services offered by this "business". They were all regarding small business services--email marketing, web design, etc. I was given the opportunity to sign up when I purchased some business cards from them. I went to try and use the free trials and was unable to! It just said "processing" where you were to click and gave no option to do so or instructions on how to proceed. I tried a few different things; nothing. Pretty upset that I was unable to access the trials, I immediately emailed support--knowing that this seemed off. The fact that there was nowhere to click to opt out of the trials that I had opted into was definitely strange and I wanted to know that I wouldn't be roped into something I couldn't get out of. That is exactly what happened. Support requested that I call them--because my time is not valuable lol--to fix the mistake. I said that I did not have time to do this and would rather just opt out of the trials.

I told them to cancel all trials as I was unable to do it from my end. I never received a response. A little more than two weeks later, I was just charged nearly $100!! Total swindlers! I had to request that my bank return all of my money for services that I never used and was unable to access. I sent emails to two different departments requesting to cancel the trials as I was unable to do it from my end--I saved the emails for proof. It was never done and I was carelessly charged for a bunch of stuff I never used. HORRIBLE customer service. I had the company blocked from taking any money from me ever again. No I will NEVER use anything from Vistaprint again. I will be letting everyone I work and associate with know how scandalous the site is. 0 stars!! Total swindlers. I would definitely advise NOT using them for anything. They have no integrity at all.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I made the mistake of ordering my holiday cards through Vistaprint this year; needless to say, I never received these cards. I ordered on Thanksgiving weekend, which I thought was more than enough time to allow for production and delivery. Soon after placing my order, I began to get emails that due to a production delay, my order was being postponed. After receiving a couple of these emails, I finally reached out to inquire and was told that they were unable to meet the design specifications (despite the fact that they were the offered specifications-I requested no additional frills). They offered me an alternate option, which I accepted. However, had I not reached out, I don’t think they would have made any attempt to inform me of the problem with my order.

So finally, after several back-and-forth messages with a representative, refunds, the promise of expedited shipping, etc., yesterday I received yet ANOTHER email that my cards will be once again delayed, again with no explanation. Given that Christmas is now around the corner, I’ve had to order a new set of cards from Shutterfly, and purchase pricey expedited shipping to ensure that my cards go out in time for the holiday. So now, I’ve ended up paying double what I intended to spend, and wasted a bunch of time waiting for cards that were probably never going to arrive anyway. Why is a company advertising a service that they’re not prepared to fulfill? I will never again use Vistaprint, they clearly don’t stand behind their product—probably because there’s no actual physical product to stand behind. Buy your cards elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I was extremely happy that I was on top of Holiday cards this year. I went through Vistaprint and had everything completed/submitted on 12/04. I paid the $20+ dollars to get it expedited in 3 days. On 12/05 I received an email advising that the company had ‘unanticipated production issues’ and that I should expect my order on 12/10. I called the company and was able to get my money back. (That part was good). The woman checked with production and advised me that I would have my order in the mail by (3:00 pm EST) on 12/10.

That Monday, 12/10 I check at 4:00 pm and it was not there. I called again and the company advised that there was another error (they did not know the specificities of this error) but said it would be in the mail, with the latest day being Wed 12/12. I am so irritated that I put a holiday card together in a timely fashion, submitted them early, wanted to pay the extra money to expedite, and still not have them almost 7 days later. It’s beyond frustrating. I will not order from Vistaprint again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I wanted to print and receive folders for my husband's presentations, with a pretty tight schedule. Vistaprint did not want to commit if they were not sure to deliver in time... Ricardo from their customer service, not only looked for someone in my area who could do the job for me, but actually contacted them, got me a good price and passed me my PDF to make things easier. This how a good business makes you come back. Forever a loyal customer. If I could give 6* I would!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

They have been sending my orders very badly printed, with the subjects being too dark to even see yet they charge me and send them right to me as if they did not notice. DO NOT BUY HERE! TOTAL RIPOFF COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Although Vistaprint has good prices, ordering online is irritating because of the almost constant pop-ups urging the customer to buy more stuff, buy more stuff, buy more stuff! Even after I had placed my order the website hit me up to BUY MORE STUFF before it would even confirm that my order went through. It gave me a message that I had 10 min to hurry hurry hurry up and buy more stuff! I had to call customer service to get an order confirmation!!! Probably won't use them again because the aggravation isn't worth it.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

In the past, I've ordered from Vistaprint with no problems and the products that I got were great. This time, I got my brochures and I was so disappointed. The cyan on it was so dialed up that the pictures looked grainy and dark and the color was off. I called in and the customer service agent was helpful and offered to replace them quickly, exactly what I would have asked for. That's actually a major reason this review is as high as it is. However, when I got the second shipment, it was only marginally better. I'm still really disappointed and upset at what I got. It's just not as good as when I initially got brochures from them. The color is really far off. Next time I will likely order brochures and anything else locally even though it will cost me quite a bit more and the process isn't quite as easy.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Vistaprint gives you the option to use their temples or upload your own. After spending months creating my brand using my own personal uploads they refuse to release your hard purchased work without watermarks. After numerous complaints and attempts to remove watermarks even after purchasing them. They say that "We do not give you any proofs without a proof mark." They have given no logical reason for this unwarranted action against their customers. I have been working with VP now for over 3 years and it wasn't that way when I first started working with them. I feel if we use their templates then that is understandable. But not if we use our own.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

They really were very helpful. I wanted Christmas Cards to send out. With my Deceased Son's Angel Wings etc. They did a great job. Making the image that I wanted. They made the images with no complaint. And were very friendly. I was getting frustrated because I've had a few eye surgeries. So when I tried to do it, I totally messed up and deleted a couple images they made for me. But redid them with no problem. I will definitely order from them again. Thanks Vistaprint.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

They charged my card without my consent. Last order I placed was in the summer 2018. It’s Nov 17th 2018 today. So I call as I kept my emotions in check and inquired about my charge. They were rude and gave me the runaround. Told me to talk to my bank??? So I threatened to cancel my account, at this point she told me to hold. So I went into my credit card statement and took a screenshot of the charge. She comes back 8mins later and starts to quiz me about where the charge is located on what card? I go back into my credit card statement and the charge had disappeared!!!

So I cancelled my account anyway. Let’s put it this way. If you had millions of customers and wanted to make more money I guess you could just charge the customers and out of the whole database see which ones complained? The ones that do not complain are the ones you just made free money off of... DO NOT TRUST THESE TURKEYS. APPARENTLY THEY DO NOT OPERATE IN OUR COUNTRY AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO LOCAL LAWS. I live in???

Vistaprint Company Information