2.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 87 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

1485 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I made a mistake during the checkout process when I placed my order. I reached out to Vistaprint via live chat. We were disconnected mid conversation during the live chat process and not even five minutes later, the live chat agent called my phone to help resolve things. I was blown away that they followed up with me. I thought I would have to start the process all over again. She was so helpful at resolving my issue. I will definitely refer friends and family to this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We ordered our year's Christmas card through Vistaprint and received them much darker than they showed in our preview. It was not at all good quality and the photo is obviously much darker than it should be. We were quite disappointed with them and realized we wouldn't be able to send them out in that condition, so we requested either a lighter reprint, or our money back. They said they would brighten the photo and resend us a new copy with express home delivery. Of course the delivery didn't arrive at home, instead it was back at the little supermarket that we have to take a train to get to.

We returned home and were excited to see the reprints. I jokingly said to my wife, "Don't get your hopes up" and sure enough, I was right. They not only brightened up our photo, but they brightened up the entire card! Why not just brighten up the photo then add it to the template again? That wouldn't have been a big deal if they actually had eyes and looked at the quality of the photo they were printing out. Now it is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum! They are way overexposed and look even worse than the original. We are going to just end up sending out both copies and tell our friends and family that they should be expecting something in between. I will never use Vistaprint again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have ordered from Vistaprint in the past and have always been satisfied. However, I placed a large order for Tote Bags, individually printed with dog's names. I placed my order on November 10th, proud that I was well ahead of the game and would get them in plenty of time. Called on Dec 11th and they told me that I would need to resubmit and the order would reach me on the 27th December!!! There was no expediting this order. When I wished to cancel, they said they would refund half and still send the order, which is absolutely no use to me as Christmas gifts for clients given AFTER Christmas is highly unprofessional. I had to quickly find an alternative which I did, but they're unable to print individual names AND I had to pay $154 to expedite the order which still isn't going to reach me until 2 days before Christmas. All in all a terrible, terrible experience with this company whose blatant inefficiency is now reflected badly on me and my company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered business cards for my Uber business (private contractor/self employed). Vistaprint gave my information to some company in California that sells Labor Law posters. This company started harassing me to buy their posters or I would be turned in to my local Labor Board for not having them which could net me a $36000 fine! I'm not even a business that has employees... I AM SELF EMPLOYED! These Vistaprint people violate every privacy policy there is out there. Buyer beware and stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have been using Vista Print for several years. Each time I have had interaction with them I have been very happy with their concern for detail and the excellence of their products. I highly recommend them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I ordered small postcards for people to fill out with contact information. I only needed one side printed and I chose the matte side, leaving the glossy side blank. After I placed the order online, I discovered I was charged for double sided printing even though the customer service rep told me it would not be an extra charge. I even saved the text of the chat with the customer rep and sent it to them. Despite my objections, they gave me a credit. I wanted a refund for the disputed charge.

The product they produced was fine and I did receive it in time. However, I am unlikely to do business with them again. Certainly I would never do anything that cost a lot of money. If they are not willing to stand behind what their customer reps say, how can they be trusted? If they won't refund my $18, I seriously doubt they would refund amounts greater than that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Printed material is decent, considering most jobs are done on gang runs (multiple project jobs where various colors are used as opposed to a single run, where color can be custom matched) and still maintain their color down to about 98% with no bleeds, splotches, etc. Folded cards or brochures in my experience (I've ordered both in larger than normal quantities) are usually not sent scored. Or if they are, only partially scored. This means the customer ends up bending their brochures or hands by hand, which is tedious and never seamlessly uniform.

Customer service is helpful, but it is always a hassle to have to call in and explain this. Also for those who have websites with them, keep in mind the pros and cons. Pros are unlimited bandwidth and pages, pretty low operating costs per month with a very high quality of photos to choose from. The user interface is easy to navigate even for a graphic artist like myself. Anyone can build a site and refine it with their proprietary software.

Cons are you can't insert an SSL certificate (the little green lock) because Cimpress (Vistaprint's parent company) doesn't allow it. Each site is used within the Cimpress host server, and you know they do have the highest SSL certificate, but for those customers who do have sites with them, this is not possible. I own 2 SSL certificates and can't put them in. This is bad because I don't like aging to tell people I use them to build my site or host it, and don't want to build a new site yet. Cimpress has come far and I've had good experiences with them, but it isn't seamless. Weebly.com is more expensive but they do allow SSL certificates. They have cons too though.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Their Guarantee is very IMPRESSIVE. They will replace free charge any order you're not happy with. And their quality and prices are excellent. However, I haven't ordered from them for a couple years and it does look like they have changed their website somewhat. Their website used to be so easy to use in designing your own cards, etc. and I'm not sure if they're retained that same standard of excellent as I've read one review on this site that tells me they may have changed their website to something less than what it was - an excellent website so very easy to use. Overall great company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I have a huge photo shoot coming up and Vistaprint said they would get me my flyers in 2 days. It’s is 4:35pm the day before I was suppose to get the flyers. It’s too late now to go anywhere else to get them printed and to me in one day when it’s 4:35pm. So now the 50 flyers are a wasted.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

On 11/26/17, I placed an order through my reseller account to purchase a banner for one of my customers. I selected Standard shipping, which had a guaranteed delivery date of 12/4/17. The banner shipped out the same day and the following day I tracked the item on UPS and it stated delivery of 11/30/17. However, when I went on UPS today, it shows that the banner has been sitting at the UPS facility in Oak Creek (which is 10 minutes from my house) for 2 days.

I contacted Monique from customer service via chat today and was told that by selecting Standard shipping, that I was agreeing to the 12/4/17 ship date and that there was nothing Vistaprint can do as the package is not late. I stated that I'm not complaining that the shipment is late; rather, that it's just sitting in a warehouse 10 minutes from me and that I'm being told by her that I have to wait another 4 days, for no reason, to receive my banner. Monique clearly had an attitude and I told her as such and she basically told me that she didn't care.

I then called customer service immediately and another woman said the exact same thing that Monique did. It was almost word for word, as if they were reading off of a script. After arguing with her for 10 minutes and just going around in circles, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. I waited 5-10 minutes before a supervisor with a thick accent picked up the phone.

The supervisor was extremely rude and condescending. I asked why my package is just sitting at UPS and not being transferred to the Post Office for immediate delivery and she stated that it's because I paid for 5 day delivery and as such, the package would get delivered on the 5th day. It didn't matter to her that the package arrived at the UPS facility in 2 days, since I didn't pay the $18 fee for UPS ground, my package was being held hostage at UPS an extra 4 days at the direction of Vistaprint because I didn't pay more for shipping.

When I explained how stupid this policy was, the supervisor told that it's just the way it is and if I wanted the package faster, I should've paid more. I used to run a warehouse and I know it doesn't cost $18 to ship a medium banner from Michigan to Wisconsin via UPS Ground. When I threatened to close my reseller account to the supervisor, she told me that if that's what I needed to do, then I should do it. Please tell me how a customer service supervisor just tells a customer to close their account and doesn't do anything to retain the customer. Have they gotten that big that customer service no longer matters? As a result of the shipping issue, my customer became very upset and told me they won't be ordering from me ever again. It's great to know that I'm losing business because of Vistaprint and their money hungry policies. As a result, I closed my reseller account and I will never do business with Vistaprint ever again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have never ordered anything from Vistaprint - did not even know who they were until I found two fraudulent charges on my credit card. One was for $700 and another for $800. Luckily, I found them within a day of the charges being made, and was able to have my credit card company take them off and send me a new card. Ironically, about 2 weeks later, we received a large package from Vistaprint with 50 white hoodies and a middle finger with ** you printed on them. I must admit that I laughed when we received it, as I've never been told off in such an interesting way. Nonetheless, we refused the package, and the post office sent it back to Vistaprint free of charge. Dangerous company, though.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I am a small business owner and I ordered a batch of 50 calendars for the holidays. The online chat was very helpful when I had questions about creating the layout and photo quality control. The calendars came in and they look great, however I was about ready to ship them when I found a couple of them were missing pages. I called customer service in a tizzy to report the printing issue. The gentleman I talked to was polite, apologetic and understanding, and ended up sending me a whole new order free of charge with expedited shipping. I was delighted and I look forward to continue working with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Had a great experience with Vistaprint. I ordered a sweater in the wrong size and they reordered an additional sweater at no cost for me. The customer service rep had a great attitude as well and was just generally very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I have been ordering from Vistaprint for a year now and I noticed that on a few reorders the price has increased by as much as 50% over the price from less than a year ago. When I complained about this to them they denied any price increase in the last year yet I can easily check my order history and see what I paid. Even with the evidence I presented to them they still denied any price increase. Toooo funny. Anyway... Lost a lot of confidence in this company now so will be seeking a new company to do business with.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This was our first experience ordering business checks from VistaPrint. The checks arrived earlier than expected and we were pleased with the quality and value of their product. Would definitely recommend this company to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Company has truly amazing customer service and service levels. Representative was extremely patient and detailed helping me to order cards for myself and group of colleagues. I am impressed and will definitely order again. We have used Vistaprint in the past as our business grew over years and they always demonstrated very good service levels and very good quality of product.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Vistaprint has absolutely excellent customer service and to me that says it all. Any mistakes that they make they correct without a second thought immediately send you a replacement or fix the mistake. You can talk to their customer service people and they don't give you scripted robotic answers. I will always do what I can with Vistaprint. And their prices are lower than any I have compared them to.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I own a housekeeping service in Seattle and have been a customer of Vistaprint for 5 years now. I get all of my products there because their prices are AMAZING and they bend over backwards to make sure you are happy with their products and services. They have even given me a free month of services here and there. Don't waste your time elsewhere. If you're small like and want to look like the "BIG BOYS" out there like IBM, every promotional or business product IBM salespeople have, YOU can have too, and at an amazingly low price. I'm a devout customer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've used Vistaprint for about 10 years now, for both office and personal holiday cards, yard/event signs, booth display signs, banners, business cards, calendars, coffee mugs and other promo items. The ONLY time I've been disappointed with an order was MY FAULT: I used inferior (low-resolution) graphics--and even then, VP immediately and proactively (i.e., WITHOUT MY EVEN ASKING) issued a full credit for my order. You can see this extraordinary responsiveness throughout the review histories for their products. Also, they have never failed to meet their delivery date on my orders--when they thought Hurricane Harvey might delay my shipment in August 2017, they sent an email notifying me that they'd credited the shipping cost back to me, because it might arrive 7 instead of 5 days after I placed the order! (BTW, the order arrived on time anyway, from VP's storm-impacted Houston facility.)

I hope that you weigh this review against all the negative ones on this site. It's human nature to complain, vent, rant, and/or even to blame our own errors on others. I do have tremendous brand loyalty to Vistaprint, because they have earned it from me repeatedly, without fail, and without expectation other than the hope of my continued goodwill. There will always be malcontents, rivals and fault-finders. But we needn't join them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Placed an order with Vistaprint on 10/16/17. According to the tracking information provided by Vistaprint, my shipment arrived in my city on 10/20/17. UPS claims they made three attempts to deliver my order. I called Vistaprint today to express my frustration and to determine what the hell was going on with my order. The first customer service person that I spoke with was incompetent and tried to give me inaccurate information, stating that my order (arrived in Chicago on 10/20/17) was rerouted.

Further, the service person informed me that I would receive the order sometime in November. I became adamant telling him to cancel the order. He amended the delivery date to October 30, 2017. We conclude the conversation. The customer service person calls back only I am not available to speak with him. I have no idea what he wanted. I called back when I became available 10 minutes later only to speak with another customer service rep. I requested to speak with a supervisor, the agent objected to my request insisting that he could help me. I demanded to speak with a supervisor so the rep. placed me on hold and never came back online. I have now encountered two people who are beyond incompetent. I want credible information regarding my order. I want my order now or refund my money.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I ordered business cards and notepads. Both arrived incorrect. Idk if I made the mistakes or they did but I called to let them know they should have caught the mistakes (obvious work misspelled and too many digits in a US zip code). At any rate, they offered to reprint and mail at no cost or credit my account. They were happy to help and even made the re-order look better. Only fair we give praise and not just complaints. I fully expected to pay return shipping at a minimun. No charge! They have my business from now on.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We have been ordering our company postcards from them for the last two years, everything was good although the color shifts sometime. But with what we have received today, the color is way off and the card stock is totally different than before, it was as thin as copy paper. Very disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Used Vistaprint to order a large free standing sign. I had made a Photoshop design but was having trouble with converting the size. Used the Vistaprint “designers” to help and they converted the image. There were so many spelling mistakes in their design and I caught 4-5 of them but missed 1 in the final print. So upset but seriously I spent so much time proofreading the abundance of mistakes. And I confirmed there were no mistakes on what I sent them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Ordered a personalised mug on Sunday night, and it had arrived by Wednesday afternoon (I live on the Central Coast, NSW)! I paid for standard shipping, NOT express, so I was amazed! The product was exactly how I designed it and after being worried the photo would look pigmented or poor quality, it didn't. It looked perfect! Such a great gift for people as well. Very impressed with Vistaprint as this was my first order, but definitely will not be the last! Very highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I ordered checks for my business. The original order was fine. I then reordered confirming the new number the checks would need to start with. When I received my order, it was an exact duplicate of the original checks I had printed and with the same check numbers. I contacted the company and they said they could get it to us in 2 business days. When I received my e-mail confirmation of the corrected reprint, the delivery date listed was a week and not the 2 days. I again contacted the company. I was told that is standard delivery and cannot change. Not only did they print the wrong numbers on all the checks. They gave wrong information. This has become a real problem. By the time we get the checks, we will have waited 2 weeks for them. That is too long.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I canceled the website builder through Vistaprint, but they continually billed me for nine more months and refused to cancel, despite three phone calls with several individuals. They are a rip-off, and their customer service is the worst that I have ever seen. They could care less if they have an unhappy customer. They do not listen to the customer and they are NOT doing what's right! I refuse to do business with a company like this!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I ordered some notecards for my business and used my logo on them. When the note cards came the printing job looks like they ran out of ink, my logo is so light and distorted that you can't even tell what it is! I used my logo at GotPrint and it came out perfectly clear so I don't understand why the logo is barely visible! Same happened when I ordered my 500 business cards last week. I left a review and apparently my review didn't meet their "standards" so they didn't publish it!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I tried to set up a Website with Vistaprint as they were offering 50% off until midnight on 22/08/2017. I tried to do this on 4 separate occasions with two different email addresses and initially using PayPal and then with my Visa card on the other 3 occasions. Each time I received a confirmation email from Vistaprint saying that my order was confirmed. However each time it was cancelled in their words "still processing" which I now know is the same as cancelled! The Company tell me it's your bank rejecting the contract sale but I called my bank twice and they confirmed that there were no attempts from Vistaprint to take money.

I told all of this to an employee who managed to call me last night to try and help, however he could do nothing and could not find a reason for my unacceptable payment. I then get an email from Vistaprint this morning 23/08/2017 to say again there is a problem with my bank account and payment card. I am in France and have no problem and no idea where or what they (Vistaprint) are talking about or referring to as there is NO problem with my bank card or bank account but now I have sadly missed the deal!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

A few weeks ago I ordered 100 brochures for my leathercraft business. I was to do a presentation in a week or so and needed them. When the order arrived I saw that the photos were much too dark. Much darker than the proof they showed me via email and so dark that many of the features could not be seen on the items. I called Vistaprint and they were very sorry and they said they would correct this and send out another 100 brochures free. They told me when I would get them and it would be in time for the presentation I was attending. The day before they were scheduled to arrive I got an email from Vistaprint saying that due to a technical delay I would get them a little later than expected. I called them and they blew me off more or less.

I got mad and called them again and insisted they get them here pronto. They said OK! Well, they got them here in a couple of days. The poor photo quality had not changed. Once again I called them and after a long wait, someone answered. He was oh so sorry once again. Lol. He said they looked good to him but he was looking at the proofs which did look good. I had to explain to him that the proofs looked good but the final print did not. He wanted me to take a picture of the brochures and email it to him. I said, "Doesn't anybody there look at the copy after it comes off the printer and compare it to the proofs." He mumbled around and I said "I have had it, please give me a refund." He authorized the refund. I have 200 brochures that were free but useless. Now I will look for someone local who can do it right. Please don't waste your time with this cut rate company. Oh, and everybody that I talked to were foreign.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Customer service is the WORST. If they made a mistake and you don't received your order at all they won't be even send you the order for free as courtesy... It just took a MONTH for me to realize they never sent me the order and kept saying they have printing and technical issues. Then they refunded me the money just for me to PLACE another order again and charge again. What about my TIME and flyers that I need it at specific time. Nobody cares.

Vistaprint Company Information