1.96/5

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

1661 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have ordered quite a few items from Vistaprint over the past 4-5 years. This past order was the first time I ever had an issue and ultimately I blame their website for this one but when I contacted support they offered me a refund and gave me another number to talk to someone about the design. I called them the spoke with development team said was no issue with design and then sent me a new order for no charge. It was a little bit of a hassle but they could not have handled it better and I am totally satisfied with the support and the product the second time as it did come as I had originally designed.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered invitations for my daughter's bridal shower on a Thursday. I will admit I did not read any reviews before I ordered. I then became anxious after reading a few reviews. I was so pleasantly surprised when my order showed up on Tuesday. Not only was my order received in 3 business days, they were perfect. Great Quality & beautiful. The only issue I had was a count error which could happen so I suggest you order a few extra. I had ordered 70 and only received 68 which is not a big deal because I did order extra. When I contacted Vistaprint to let them know the error, they actually gave me a reasonable credit on my next order if we choose to order from them again, which I probably will.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I am a first time user of Vistaprint. I wanted to order my mother a notebook with a collage of photos on it for her business notes, as she frequently uses a notebook. I designed the cover myself and ordered it. 1st star: The process was very easy and user friendly. Right after ordering it on Monday with expedited shipping, I decided to check out reviews for the business. Normally I would do this before shopping on any new website, but the professionalism I saw was enough reassurance for me (2nd star). Of course, that reassurance plummeted after reading all of the holiday horror story reviews from the website from here. I opted to go through with my plan even after reading about late delivery, bad customer service and grainy picture quality.

Fast forward to today, after closely monitoring the tracking route and confirmation emails (3rd star) my notebook has arrived! It’s in great condition and the color, which I was most worried about, is true to my original design (4th and 5th star). I was very worried about using Vistaprint after reading these reviews, especially after reading about mean customer service. For me, any customer service is a bad sign and one that tells me to take my business elsewhere, but all I see from them is a good quality business so far. I will continue to use them for any services I need until I see any change in that good quality. I am normally not one to write reviews, but I wanted to advocate for the good experience I had from them during the holiday season while I am seeing so many negative reviews.

A note for anyone who isn’t tech savvy out there, a double check from someone who is good in graphic design or can help make sure the quality of your photos is true is probably a good idea. As a graphic design artist, I am a good advocate for this. It can probably also be attributed to me being a sophomore in high school who is familiar with social media. ;)

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was originally really mad, because my return address labels arrived completely blank... not sure how that happened, but to make a long story short - Vistaprint made it right, and sent me a free batch of replacement ones with the correctly printed address. This may seem like a small thing, but I sure appreciated it. The customer service representative I dealt with, whose name I wish I remembered (Sorry I couldn't find it in my email history) was compassionate, kind, polite, professional, patient, and understanding - and made it right. Thank you for that. By the way, the products: return address labels, and checks - all were of very high quality, so I am really thrilled with my order. Thank you, Vistaprint!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Summary: Pros: Extremely quick delivery, highly protective packaging to prevent damage, neat and even cut lines, crisp letters and pictures that were true to my Photoshop design. Cons: Confusing website may cause consumer to spend more money than the website advertises. Details: Upon reading MANY negative reviews regarding incorrect colors, skewed cut marks, blurry/pixelated designs, and extremely late delivery dates, I was very nervous about using Vistaprint after I had already ordered my wedding invitations.

Delivery and Measurements: My order was placed on July 2nd and expected to arrive by July 10th, and I received them on July 6th. To my surprise, the invitations came out MUCH better than I expected! I uploaded a custom Photoshop design with a PSD file. All my borders were the correct measurements and the cut lines were exactly where they should be.

PDF Proof vs. Final Result: When I viewed the PDF proof, my design was a little more pixelated than I had created it to be, despite my PSD using 300 dpi. I called VistaPrint and spoke to a customer service representative who informed me that the PDF proof gives only an idea of the final result, and may be more true to the design on the cardstock. Of course this made me extremely anxious, but when the invitations arrived, the resolution turned out much more clear on the cardstock than on the PDF proof!

My invitations DID come out with a slightly purplish hue in the background (my background was designed to be a dark gray). All files designed to be printed should be created using CMYK format, and since my uploaded design was created with RGB format instead, this may be my own fault and likely does not reflect the service provided by VistaPrint.

Packaging: The envelopes included with the invites were shipped separately (50 invitations including 40 envelopes in one package, and 10 envelopes in a separate package), yet both packages arrived at the same time, so this was not an issue. I had also read a few reviews stating that the consumers’ business cards/invites/pamphlets etc. were shipped in a box with no extra protection whatsoever, causing bent and ripped edges and corners. My invitations arrived in a cardboard envelope and were protected with a thick cellophane wrapper, a plastic band to hold them together, and two thick, white cardstock boards that “sandwiched” the invitations so they were not exposed. I was highly impressed with the rather “over” protective packaging (as I’d rather have too much than not enough!). None of my invitations were bent or damaged and arrived completely flat and neat.

Reason for Four Stars: My complaint with VistaPrint does not reflect the results of my product so much as their website. I have removed one star due to the checkout page that bombards the consumer with other offers in an attempt to “trick” them. VistaPrint often has “x% off” sales, but as the consumer cannot use more than one promo code, the offers are useless and the “sale” does not really exist depending on what the user is already purchasing. The customer service representative to whom I spoke added a promo code that took off 10% of the price of my order. While this was extremely nice of them, their promo code actually removed the promo code I applied initially, which was 25% off my order rather than 10%. The “bottom line” for my only complaint is that the VistaPrint website makes such strong attempts to get the consumer to pay more than they had originally thought.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I ordered business cards online, and only after I received the order, I noticed I had made a printing error. I contacted their Customer Service, and received an immediate response resolving the issue. Outstanding customer service and a very happy customer!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I recently ordered a set of business cards using Vistaprint's design service, and honestly, it was like working with children - stupid children. It was a simple design - I supplied an image to be centered on one side of the card with 2 lines of text centered on the other. For starters, they changed one of my lines of text. The first line was the business name and the second read, "thanks you for your business." Apparently this did not make sense to the people working on the design - they do not speak English as a native language - so they changed it, dropping the "s" in "thanks." Fortunately I noticed the change in time to correct it.

Second, they had a great deal of trouble with the concept of centering the image and text within certain quadrants of the design. For example, "center this image on the left half of the card" produced a design with the image in the upper left corner. It was the same with the text. I would have thought the basic aesthetics alone would have been enough to convince them that "centering" does not mean one line at the top of the card and the other at the bottom.

But there are actually two problems when working with Vistaprint's "design team" - and this is completely ignoring the change they made to my text. First (and most obvious) is their lack of English fluency means they do not understand basic terms like "centering," and second, they are not trained designers. They have no art training whatsoever. Consequently, when they can't understand the instructions, they have no aesthetic sense or training to suggest to them that something might be wrong with their interpretation.

After the second failed attempt to get the basic layout correct, I decided to finish the revisions over the phone. The woman I spoke with was very polite, but had no notion of what I was talking about when I spoke of centering elements within quadrants. I was able to get the design completed only by checking her uploaded revisions and making changes by saying things like, "A little lower and more to the right," or, "Try to get the second line directly below the first line." A real designer would have been sniggering for days over instructions like that.

My issue with this process is that the design fee, an admittedly modest $10, only includes 3 revisions. We went through one revision simply because the "design team" didn't understand the instructions. We went through two more revisions over the phone because they couldn't understand that "centering" applies to both horizontal AND vertical. The fourth and final revision was to correct the change they made in my text. I wasn't charged anything extra for the final revision, but by then I was beginning to wonder if they weren't deliberately misconstruing the instructions in order to force me to pay an additional revision fee. I am still wondering about that because I just don't see how anyone could, in good faith, screw up such a simple design so many times and in so many ways...

Original review: May 16, 2019

Under no circumstances should you order a vinyl banner from Vistaprint unless you are prepared to have your design altered by the addition of a bar code, the placement of which you cannot control. My banner arrived the first time with smudged printing. It was immediately replaced and the replacement had clear, readable print. However, it also had a bar code immediately above the header of the banner. This is a display piece that is not intended to be framed as it is large.

It is an ancestry chart and the bar code is not only distracting from the purpose of the chart and ugly but it is inconsistent with the old appearance we were striving for. The staff were as helpful as they could be but say there is no way for the bar code to be removed. We got a refund but the process has wasted so much time and energy and now we have to try to find another source with only a bit more than a week until the event. It is not acceptable to change the design of a display piece by the addition of a bar code.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have been a customer since 2013. I not only have my website with Vistaprint but I have purchased business cards, pens, flyers, signs, etc. My website was set up for automatic payment. Recently they have been having some type of system issues where they email me saying my payment declined and my website was being cancelled. I would reach out to them and check with the bank. Each time there wasn't an issue with the bank. It was with Vistaprint. Throughout this headache my website always still worked.

A few days ago I got an email saying my website was being cancelled yet again for non-payment. I figured it was the same scenario, so I checked my website and it wasn't working. I reached out to Vistaprint and I was told my payment didn't go through. I explained that it's the same card they've been using. The customer service rep told me that the reason my payment declined was simply because I didn't have enough money to cover it? That's how you treat a customer of 6 years that has NEVER missed a payment?

It took multiple chat sessions, a conversation with a manager and 3 different forms of payment to get their system to work. It's insane! I wasted more than an hour of my day trying to get my website up. As soon as I can rebuild my website somewhere else I will be leaving. I am looking right now. They will not get another dime from me.

Original review: May 12, 2019

They shorted each 10 pack check one so all 10 were missing one hence, I got 290.... When I called customer service a man picked up that did not speak English well and he said he would mail the whole order again and for me to go through all 10 new packs and rip out the one check that was missing from each pack and throw the other 290 away due to them not being able to be used because they would be duplicated #ed of the ones I already have....

Original review: May 11, 2019

1- So I paid $90 for a logo and gave all the instructions = go to this business card ID number on your company and do this back of the business card as a logo. I was not even asking this amateur team of elementary students that called themselves designers to come with creativity that would have caused me 1 million revisions. And they could not even replicate the same, really???? They sent me logo that has nothing to do with the example I gave them. No manager had reviews this logo before it was delivered to me: they would have understood that it DID not follow my guidelines.

2- They sent me just 2 files pdf and png: really for $90? What about svg, jpg, gif, eps??? Conclusion = their poor job of $90 worth $35 on Fiverr with better logo pro. Save your money from this garbage, pay a bit more and go to the logo company, Vistaprint custom logo is done by amateurs.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Taken the time to create, review & see the proof, I saw it all on bright white background. When I received my 1,200 cards the background was a dull creme unattractive color. I contacted customer service and all they had to say is... "Well since you don't have a color background then that's the only white they have." Over $80.00 later!!! Without even a refund. They don't even deserve the 1 star. If you can't trust their proof - don't order from them ever!! I will be telling my corp staff not to use them as well.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My experience with Vistaprint has been rocky. I didn't have a problem with the business cards, pens, or postcards I ordered, but the t-shirts were awful. Numerous rounds because of their carelessness, and when I finally got them done correctly, the quality of the material was so poor; they started to fall apart after only a couple of washings.

More recently, I started developing problems with their website hosting. From 2012 to 2017, never had an issue. Then all of a sudden, I wasn't able to edit blog posts. I completed a complaint form and was informed I would be kept updated on the situation. Months pass, no update, so I followed up. During this time, I was able to generate new posts so I was able to work around the inability to update posts. Their response was that they were aware of the situation and were working to correct the issue. Months pass, still no update. Finally, after a year and some months, they reach out to me and tell me they corrected the problem.

Well, the problem with the editing was fixed, but now I couldn't generate NEW posts. Once again, I let them know what was going on. I was told they were working on it. One customer service rep told me that an easier way to fix the problem was to upgrade to their new platform, at twice the money. As a long-time customer, I wasn't even informed that they were switching to a new platform. So it feels like they switched to a new platform and were no longer maintaining, updating, or repairing the old platform. So now I am in the process of looking for a new company to host the website.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We are a small nonprofit with limited resources. We used the mailing services for a very important donor event. The invitations are arriving days after the event - no one notified us of a 30 DAY DELAY!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a "Now Hiring" sign to display at a conference. 8 days before the conference I received a sign for a wedding instead of the "Now Hiring" sign. I contacted them and the soonest they could get me a replacement was 3 days after the conference. I asked if they could expedite shipping at their expense and they said no. The mistake was not mine, it was theirs and I ordered in plenty of time to receive before my event. I requested a refund.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have used Vistaprint services in the past and not experienced any issues. However, this past order was a nightmare which I have yet to receive after ordering it over a month ago. Spent 5 hours designing my cards/literature and 5 hours since speaking to 5 different representatives/managers trying to locate my order. Never received the 1st order and rep couldn't explain why because she said she didn't know. Was reassured by another rep that my order would be resent, and my $ refunded for inconvenience of 1st order going missing. Great, that was nice. Don't believe 2nd order was even shipped because I received no confirmation emails from Vistaprint, nor any confirmation texts from post office which I am signed up for and receive constantly when receiving packages.

Spoke to 3rd manager who asked for all my shipping information to make sure they had that correct. I informed her that part of my address was slightly different. Never received 3rd order. In between all of the calls to Vistaprint, I have been in contact with post office trying to locate these orders. Came to find out that my address was never corrected as it was suppose to be and 2 orders got shipped to the wrong address. Needed my business literature for an upcoming show and now I will not have what I need in time. At present, still have not received my order. The representative were trying to be helpful and one manager was not. So disappointed with this company. Have to look and purchase elsewhere next time I need business cards.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been working with Vistaprint now for 3 months for my company's tradeshow materials. There are too many problems with the IT dept website when building images. So, to their credit they do have real people that answer the phone and solve the problems well. Then I got a 50% offer off on banners and I decided to to 3 of them. I only had 24 hours in which to complete them and each banner was fraught with their website problems that needed a Vistaprint agent to solve them. That put me behind in the deadline as each time I was almost finished with one of the banner projects (Large images needed) I passed the 50% off deadline.

One agent extended it for me thankfully, but when the last banner had problems due to their website, that agent refused to honor the 50% off. Not ethical. If your client is working on projects under the 50% offer and their website has the glitches and problems, then you naturally extend the deadline. It's NOT the client's fault! So, Vistaprint would not honor the offer so I ended up paying hundreds more! They need a course in customer service and business ethics. And to honor their offer to the client.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Ordered business cards. Paid no receipt, no order number, no email. Called the next day to see what happened. Customer service has no knowledge of the order. Sent 5 or 6 email trying to get an order number or anything no response. Only after filing claim with PayPal did I get a response which was mocking me rude and disgusting. I never got any information just rude messages. Mysteriously the crappy poor quality cards show up. I tossed them in the trash. These are some of the poorest quality cards I've seen. Printing was blurry, not raised ink. Paper was so cheap embarrassing. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere for business cards. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I got metallic foiling for my business cards. It doesn’t even look gold. It looks silver and is so faint it’s hardly noticeable. Also the black printed text looks like it’s badly pixelated even though I sent a high res file. I’m stuck with business cards I hate. Never again.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ordered 4 different check pads on 3/7/2019 for four different accounts. They told me each had shipped, but only 2 arrived. I cannot believe that 2 different envelopes were lost in the mail, though they maintained that they had shipped them. They claim they would print and ship again. The second time I was promised delivery by 4/3/2019. They did not arrive. Then I was told, no they shipped and will be there by 4/12/2019. This is 4/16/2019 (original order 3/7/2019) and they still have not arrived.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think they have lied to me over and over and over. To believe them, four different envelopes were shipped and lost in the mail! I have spend a considerable amount of time on phone calls and "chats" with them. They not only take forever and forever and forever, when they finally do respond either they lie or have nothing really to say. I asked them to reprint and ship overnight at their expense to me, and they refused. I asked to have a supervisor call me, this too did not happen. This is a shame because I have ordered business cards from this company for many years and have always been happy. I'm not happy now. I will never order checks from them again, and I will check with other printers for other products moving forward.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I thought this would be a good way to improve my SEO for a good price. After I signed up, and clicked to log in to my Google account, I found out what they really wanted. I was going to allow Vistaprint to be an owner of my business listing, and have access to create, edit and delete my business listing. I called customer support today, and after being on hold for 15 minutes (total call time 25 minutes), the woman who answered the phone had no authority to change anything or make decisions, nor the ability to connect to anyone who could. I won't get that 25 minutes of my life back. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 10, 2019

According to their customer service, THEY DO NOT VERIFY CHECKING ACCOUNTS BEFORE PRINTING YOUR CHECKS, and told me word for word that you can order checks for any account you want! They also refuse to admit to, or pay the fee for, THEIR misprinting error! I feel a huge company who's been around as long as Vistaprint should stand by their products, and their customers, rather than deflect responsibility. I have been back and forth with them on this and get NOTHING but fake empathy and flimsy excuses, but no resolution. (Oh and did I mention what they can do with their store credit for new checks?!) Therefore, I am now on a mission to cost them as much money in lost business as they have cost me in bank fees!

So let's put this to public opinion... Their version suggests I put 6 extra zeroes preceding my account number, when NONE actually exist, and that I also left off the last digit when entering and triple checking my account number on their website (this of course caused the check I wrote to be returned by the bank "unable to locate account"). They also claim NOTHING was verified with my bank prior to printing when I said it HAD to have been correct at that point!

Now I don't claim to know how checks are made, but I do have some knowledge of data processing and financial documents, and MY version, also my bank's theory, is that THEIR system added the extra zeroes to fill in the extra digit spaces on the checks, thereby DROPPING the last digit of my account number when they printed them, costing a disabled fixed budget $175 in fees AND a perfect rental history... Which version sounds more viable to you?? So you decide for yourself if you trust your financial documents to a company that operates, and treats people and their livelihoods this way, I no longer will... or you can go ahead and commit bank fraud, Vistaprint will help you!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had an issue with designing a post card. The front edit worked, the back wouldn't... so I go to the chat. Christine logs in and asks me my problem so I tell her. She asks what the issue was and I said... "I'm about to go elsewhere, I can design the front, but the back won't let me edit it at all.. it is so stuuuupid!" Her response: "I'm sorry, but we have no tolerance for profanity here." I had to re read my narrative. Did I say something? I finally asked. "Stupid? Stupid isn't profanity.. and I wasn't even talking about anyone, just the process." She refused to help me because I guess I was raised wrong and shouldn't use "stuuuupid" anywhere at any time. Ridiculous. At the end of the day, I still can't edit. Thanks Christine. Can I have an ice cream? Or will it spoil my dinner..

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered through Vistaprint because they had the best turnaround for a show I was doing this weekend. However my cards arrived I was pleased but I didn't see my stickers for my product. I ordered stickers for my product and small circle stickers for my bags. So I'm thinking they will arrive later but I get an email that states everything was delivered.

The good part was that on the manifest it states UPS would deliver. It was a young lady in her personal car with no uniform on so maybe it's still in her car. So I talk to an agent. They are going to send me my stickers by April 3 which is too late for the show. And reimburse my delivery fee even though I wanted 10 or maybe 20 because I'm mad because the agent continue to say, "I'm doing the best I can," so I asked for the manager. I was not mad at the agent. She just couldn't help me. So I wait for the manager and I wait and I wait so I wait again. Finally I hung up. My cards are awesome but customer service is terrible. If I can find someone else better I will.

Original review: March 29, 2019

If I could give 0 Stars I would!!! I just started my own business and excited to get started but has been horrible because of Vistaprint! I requested a free example kit for the business cards over a month and half ago and still have not received them! I have called now 4 times and have been promised dates and free business cards which turned out to be a lie. I spoke to a supervisor and all she could say was she’s sorry and not sure why they made a promise that they will not be able to honor! WOW! All this has blown my mind!

I also created some labels and paid but I received them already. I can’t believe how a professional business handled this mess.. all calls are recorded and I always write down everything for every call and yet still having a major problem and was told it will be about another 5-7 business for the order to go through and then another 7-9 business days to be shipped!! Nothing they can do for me but say sorry! I will never do business with them again and I will be sure that everybody knows my experience!! Especially the rest of my fellow Tupperware business owners!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I've dealt w/ Vistaprint for some years now and I've never had a problem. Customer service staff has always been helpful and professional; and the prices are great! I can't do business cards as professional looking as Vistaprint, so I'm grateful they exist.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I ordered 2,000 hang tag thru Vistaprint.com. Today, I got a package from them, and most hang tag hole was off centered. Color was not even. Scratched paper quality which looks like defeated items. Also it shows all the corner crop area indications on my design. Almost half of them are junk!!! I wasted over $100 for this junk!!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

These business cards by far are the worst business cards I have ever saw in my 30+ years in business. I could have printed them off with a printer myself. Totally poor quality! Like paper! Not what I ordered at all.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Despite the fact that I’ve never had any issues with the business cards/postcards that I’ve purchased from Vistaprint, I’ll be taking my business elsewhere. I’ve never experienced a sales website that pushes other products as annoyingly as these guys! It’s so bad that I spend more time passing (and making sure that I didn’t accidentally accept) their additional offers. It’s hard to describe unless you’ve entered into the final purchasing process with them. You’ll be presented with a seemingly endless stream of additional offers. The whole process just cheapens the whole feel of this business.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered first set of my products which it was shirts and table table banner. The shirt I received was printed wrong and the table banner was missing letters. The second time when I received the order the banner was typed correctly but this time was blue instead of black and I received someone else adds on accident. When I called them the person I spoke with didn't really care or try to fix the problem.

Vistaprint Company Information