2.16/5

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1640 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 26, 2019

I ordered 2,000 hang tag thru Vistaprint.com. Today, I got a package from them, and most hang tag hole was off centered. Color was not even. Scratched paper quality which looks like defeated items. Also it shows all the corner crop area indications on my design. Almost half of them are junk!!! I wasted over $100 for this junk!!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

These business cards by far are the worst business cards I have ever saw in my 30+ years in business. I could have printed them off with a printer myself. Totally poor quality! Like paper! Not what I ordered at all.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 15, 2019

Despite the fact that I’ve never had any issues with the business cards/postcards that I’ve purchased from Vistaprint, I’ll be taking my business elsewhere. I’ve never experienced a sales website that pushes other products as annoyingly as these guys! It’s so bad that I spend more time passing (and making sure that I didn’t accidentally accept) their additional offers. It’s hard to describe unless you’ve entered into the final purchasing process with them. You’ll be presented with a seemingly endless stream of additional offers. The whole process just cheapens the whole feel of this business.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered first set of my products which it was shirts and table table banner. The shirt I received was printed wrong and the table banner was missing letters. The second time when I received the order the banner was typed correctly but this time was blue instead of black and I received someone else adds on accident. When I called them the person I spoke with didn't really care or try to fix the problem.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have ordered quite a few items from Vistaprint over the past 4-5 years. This past order was the first time I ever had an issue and ultimately I blame their website for this one but when I contacted support they offered me a refund and gave me another number to talk to someone about the design. I called them the spoke with development team said was no issue with design and then sent me a new order for no charge. It was a little bit of a hassle but they could not have handled it better and I am totally satisfied with the support and the product the second time as it did come as I had originally designed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered invitations for my daughter's bridal shower on a Thursday. I will admit I did not read any reviews before I ordered. I then became anxious after reading a few reviews. I was so pleasantly surprised when my order showed up on Tuesday. Not only was my order received in 3 business days, they were perfect. Great Quality & beautiful. The only issue I had was a count error which could happen so I suggest you order a few extra. I had ordered 70 and only received 68 which is not a big deal because I did order extra. When I contacted Vistaprint to let them know the error, they actually gave me a reasonable credit on my next order if we choose to order from them again, which I probably will.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Vistaprint web designer and customer service is not only horrible but also it lacks professionalism. Apparently customer service has an extreme language barrier with comprehending the needs of the customer. I requested callbacks. Make several changes to my site. No actions were put in place. Vistaprint is horrible. From my past experiences some of reps at Vistaprint appears to be the incompetent. Personally I would not recommend Vistaprint services until they know what they are doing.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered Thank You cards and mistook a blue border inside as the cut line. Needless to say, they came with the blue border inside the card. It was my error but Vistaprint completely replaced my entire order for free. I also ordered Post-It notes and they did a fantastic job on them. I'm very please with Vistaprint and will continue to use them for my printing needs.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Design which I paid for took over 2 weeks to do a super simple design and their first design was the exact same thing I put in as a sample for them to use! SO much miscommunication on their part which made for weeks of wasted time. Finally I get what I am ok with and go to print and ship then they don't allow express shipping for my area so I can't take on my business trip. I call CS and they have no idea why express can be done for other locations but not for mine and just offer me a "sorry." Now I have no business cards for my trip, gonna scramble and try other sites and offline places. Vistaprint is terrible. Pay more somewhere else so you don't waste time and get ridiculous systems and service that can screw you like it did me.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have been a customer for over 15 years. Without warning, they stop shipping to my location. (Guam) All of my items are branded by their templates exclusively. I will have to start over and remake everything, my banners, magnets for all my vehicles, business cards, staff shirts, etc. I spoke with management and they said they were not changing it back to shipping to Guam even though their carrier ships here. (Sounded like an outsourced call center to India) I have been getting orders here for years!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Their prices look attractive, but DONT order checks from them! I ordered 150 for my wife. They ended shipping them to a guy in FL, and I ended getting his... (they swapped shipping labels on our packages). Thank goodness the guy in FL was cool about the whole thing. I called VP to try and get things straightened out. After over 6 phone calls to customer service, and supervisors, they were able to re-order the checks. I ended getting 3 packages of checks, all with the same check numbers which were the same check numbers of the first order.

I was told by a supervisor that they would contact FedEx and have my original checks stop and they would call me. They didn't... I had to call back and be on hold for 45 minutes to get to a manager who spoke English and had half a brain... SUMMARY - VP does not have the proper security systems in place to print checks. They think printing checks are just like printing business cards.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have recently place order a photo flip book with the Vistaprint online for Valentine's Day and my order delivery date is 13, Feb 2019. but, till now I am not received my order yet. Very cheap services. He did not delivered product at the time promised.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I spent hours creating a beautiful cover for a bi-fold brochure, only to discover that I could not add long paragraphs of text inside the brochure without the Vista program severely glitching. Specifically, every time I typed certain words, the program would randomly add a bunch of returns so that one word would be on a line, followed by three words on the next line, a bunch of spaces, then the rest of the text. No matter how I tried putting the words in (typing them in, cutting and pasting from Word or WordPerfect), it would do this every time so that I could NEVER put in a clean paragraph of text. You would think putting in text is the simplest part of the design program, but with Vistaprint, it was the most difficult.

After struggling with it for hours, I had to give up on my design. Of course, the design is NOT transferrable to another program, nor can you purchase a PDF or other electronic file of your design. I just had to start over in a different program. Also, I tried to put some unfinished brochures in my cart to see how quickly I could get them. Before starting my design, several express options showed up where I could get the brochures in a few days, with expedited shipping. However, once I completed the first page, for some reason when I tried putting them in the cart, the express options completely disappeared, even the express shipping option!

I called customer service re this issue, and they said that "some products" or "certain amounts of products" are not eligible for the express option (not even express SHIPPING?). I tried lowering the number of brochures I put in the cart, but the express options did not show up then, either. As a result, my hours and hours of work on my brochure design were wasted. I couldn't do anything with the beautiful design I made. DO NOT GO THROUGH THE FRUSTRATIONS I DID - do not use Vistaprint.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have ordered various products with Vistaprint for my upcoming wedding. The first error was my fault (I made my wedding invitation print too small) and I was given a credit in order to correct the mistake and reorder the product. I also ordered my save the dates through them (magnets) and they were perfect!!! Lastly, I ordered a photo book to serve as my guest book for the wedding. The first page had an ink smudge on it. To my surprise, Vistaprint sent me a brand new book with no charge. They even expedited the shipping! Their products and customer support is nothing short of amazing!! I would recommend them for any of your printing needs!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

First call had problems placing my order and never received so called and they told me that it would get here by a certain date. Never received again so called back the third time and was told that it hasn't been printed or shipped but the money came out of my account 18 days before this last phone call so I demanded my refund. When I tried to give a review online it doesn't let you click one star. It makes you click 2.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

So, the biggest problem I've seen with Vistaprint is an inability to get it right the first time. The second problem is an inability to take all of this feedback from customers and make real time refinements in their ordering software, etc. to meet the diverse needs of clients...services they offer and advertise, but don't follow through with very well. My first order of business cards was good...good quality, no screw ups. Second order of postcards had to do a redo, but finally ok, with good quality. Last order, printed envelopes so I can send my brochures. Received? A box of blank envelopes, screwing up my timing for my mailing. The company is a tease. When they get it right it’s good, but two out of three orders have been screwed up, and the foreign service gal rep was less than helpful today and was misleading. Let's see what happens now with my order!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I spent 4 hours making a photobook for my sister's 50th birthday. At the very end when I clicked on print to pay, it told me that 90% of my photos were not compatible, not in the right format. AFTER FOUR HOURS!!! Why don't they tell you when you insert them??? Do not waste your time!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

If you are considering going the cheap route for your wedding invitations via Vistaprint, please know ahead of time what you will get. They DO NOT offer the proper inner/outer envelopes that adhere to wedding etiquette. The “free” single envelopes that come with them are about the quality you find with inexpensive holiday cards. You will spend as much or more of the price that you spent on invitations to purchase the correct envelopes from another site. A 5” X 7” invitation is actually 4.6” X 7.11”, which you will find in the fine print if you look real hard. This does not fit well in standard wedding envelopes and looks cheap since the sizes are mismatched. The cardstock option of “standard matte” for any product is not really matte. It is a little shiny and about the quality of cheap Christmas cards.

The reply cards do not come in a standard size, so you are forced to use the envelopes that come with them instead of finding a better quality envelope elsewhere. They remind me of the envelopes that come with children’s multi-packs of Valentine's cards that are passed out in grade school. The back flap is straight across instead of pointed and just screams “cheap.” If you are having a very, very informal wedding in the backyard with just a few guests, I guess cheap is okay. If your wedding is at all special, order your invitations elsewhere. Craft stores and online vendors offer some beautiful options that you print yourself, and you won’t break the bank going that route if you’re trying to save money. I truly regret that my daughter ordered from Vistaprint instead of heeding my advice.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered checks a week ago with the understanding that they would be delivered by tomorrow. I just received a notice that they will not arrive for another week. This is unacceptable. If a company can't get its own production under control, I doubt whether they take proper security measures to ensure customers' information is kept secure. They also refused to cancel my order, even though it hasn't been completed yet. Terrible company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Quality consistency was poor. Most didn’t match proof at all. On many, there was no left and/or top border, others had no top border and others were way off centre. Chat rep didn't allow me to explain that they were more than just off-centre (the cut was the real problem). With a rude and argumentative tone, the blame was placed on me. With the limitations of the design tool, the white space was centred as much as possible (within pixels, zoomed at 500%). The rep didn’t even ask to see the quality of the cards that I received. I was happy with my proof and the slight, barely noticeable imperfection, but most of the cards received did not replicate my proof, so much so I actually laughed. Was promised that they’d fix it up and order a new batch and I’ll receive it in 2 days. Nothing. The chat transcript wasn’t even sent to my email and when I went to get the transcript from my account, it was never there so I can’t defend myself.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When I tried to print my whole Gmail to inform future customers but it doesn't allow me to print after certain amount of characters, so I just hope they could the m in .com won't not mess up my business. Furthermore the enormous error of not printing the first number in my business number legibly just wasted my money. It worthless if the customer can't call us. What a worthless company!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I used Vistaprint for the first (and last) time this past December. I ordered Christmas cards and they were very nice. However, after the cards arrived, I started getting e-mail solicitations from them more than once per day, EVERY day. I don't have time to delete all the junk e-mails they were sending, so I changed my account settings to "only during the holiday season". Two weeks later, I was still getting "more than once per day" e-mails. I went on their site again and changed my setting to "stop e-mailing me", but nothing changed. I went on their chat and demanded that they take my e-mail address off their list, and for 3 days after that, I am still getting e-mails from them. Today, I got a "how did we do" survey on my online chat, and gave them all zero's, as I cannot get them to leave me alone. Beware of becoming a customer, you will never get rid of them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was looking to put an order in for spot UV business cards as their pricing was very reasonable (on sale for $37cad for 500 qty). The only problem was - I want to submit a separate file to indicate where the gloss will be printed (as you would with any other print company out there) and there was no way for me to do that with their submission process.

I spoke to a "specialist" via live chat for an hour and it absolutely went NOWHERE. Not only did she have no clue about the printing nor design process of spot UV while pretending she did, she started giving me attitude in the end by saying, "this is why you should have shown me your designs first" when I was only looking to get answers before finalizing my files. In the end, her solution was for me to spend extra money on design help when I didn't need any.

I spoke to a second "specialist" via phone the next day, hoping to get a more direct answer from someone with actual knowledge on the topic of printing. At this point, I should have gone with another print company already. He had no clue either. I showed him a mock-up of what I want as my final product and he didn't even know what a mock-up was, assuming it was the print file itself saying, "your design is crooked." Needless to say, I gave up at this point. Vistaprint, how about having "specialists" who actually specializes in the services you provide? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Buy your checks somewhere else. VistaPrint does a great job with business cards and much more, but for checks, they can't seem to ever get it right. The checking account number on my last order was so completely screwed up, I just gave up on correcting it. And on every single previous order of checks, I have had to call them to correct something. Just order your checks from somewhere else. This is not the place unless you enjoy having your order messed up every time.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I made a custom design for my shirt. The design itself is perfectly crisp and nice, but while the actual shirt itself is fine, the custom design is heat transferred on and that is the most cheap way to make custom shirts. I expected far more from a company dedicated to custom ware and products. It's shoddy in quality. You can feel the discomfort on the inside of the shirt as well. With use, it will definitely fall off and crack. It also says to not iron the shirt, so wrinkles are a thing that will just be there to stay.

Word of advice for anyone getting a custom shirt, get something that is silk screened. This process basically stains the picture into the actual fabric of the shirt. It does not just heat a print out on and hope for the best. Shipping was ATROCIOUS. This company is apparently Dutch. I ordered from Sweden. Shipping took almost a month. It was technically available at the store for pick up on the 7th. Pay more just to get any form of tracking. Very cheap company, cheap products, minimal effort. The mug I got wasn't too bad, which I will leave a different review for.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Tonia at Vistaprint lies to customers or is so bad at reading comprehension that it causes lies. Place the order she/he says, "We will give you the discount," she/he says. Then this morning the story changed & no discount provided because she/he failed to comprehend the words I had tried applying. Can't fix stupid but it can be hired by Vistaprint to lie and rip off customers. Beware of Vistaprints lying/not too smart staff as it will cost you money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Alas, all good things definitely come to end. After doing business with Vistaprint for more than a decade, enough is enough. The low rating is due to Vistaprint's now intolerable customer service. Offshore representatives that talk down as well as insult. WTF? This directly deals with asking the company to absorb shipping on 1500 postcards. There was never a problem before when placing an order for over 1000. Shanique in Jamaica stated, "we gave you a generous discount already." WTF? She went on to further belittle by not caring how long I have been a customer. So the company's position now is, "Too bad Mr. Customer. All we want is your money." Hell for that type of treatment, I'll buy local and pick-up. I even tried reaching out over social, and Anika on Facebook chat posits a similar snot attitude. Lesson is to take business local and stop dealing with snot.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The web site is cumbersome, and crazily touch sensitive. It kept bouncing me out of the page I was on. It definitely is NOT user friendly. Their pricing is deceptive. It looked like they were offering great promo deals and discounts; as it turns out the price they quote is the so-called "discounted" price and zero is taken off upon checking out. They used to offer good deals when checking out to get the customer to buy an additional quantity, without incurring another shipping charge. Didn't get any great offers this time, and the receipt they emailed was incorrect, and I had to contact customer service. Buying in small quantities is expensive, because of the shipping costs. Overall, I found my attempts to place an order quite frustrating. Years ago, I would have recommended their company. Sadly, not anymore.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

On January 6, 2019, I placed an order by phone. On January 8, 2019, I checked online for the status of the order and it said I had not placed any orders. When I called their 800 number the first time the system disconnected me after a short hold. When I called again, I reached a person (offshore) that confirmed that I did not have any pending orders. This was my first and last attempt to use Vistaprint!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

As a graphics designer I used Vistaprint over the past few years to print some of my clients projects usually without issue. This time however there was nothing but issues. I submitted my print design and paid for it, after about a week I get a message on my PayPal that my money was refunded and the check with Vistaprint to find out they just cancelled my project without a reason why. Since I was under a deadline I tried again and submitted my brochure design. This time when my client gets the brochure, (a week late because of the other issue) the inside of the brochure was upside down. I called Vistaprint and they say or production department mistakenly flipped the brochure. I did get a total refund on the project, but found another printer for the project. If you're looking try Aztecprintinganddesign.com, they redid the brochure within 24 hours for less money and my client loved it.

Vistaprint Company Information