2.77/5
Based on 102 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Vistaprint

Vistaprint is an online supplier of printed and promotional materials as well as marketing services to micro businesses and consumers. Customers are unhappy with business cards, monthly fees, ordering and customer service. The company offers printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, Websites and postcard mailing.

1557 Vistaprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I made wedding invitations online and they came out beautiful. I received my shipment in just 5 days!! I was so impressed with the quality! I will definitely be ordering from them again. I also accidentally choose the wrong paper and realized it when I was already checking out, so I called customer service and they were able to QUICKLY help me edit my order. I'm a very happy customer!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I ordered 100 custom business cards on Tuesday with an ETA of the following Tuesday. After an easy design & ordering process, here I am, sitting happy as a clam with my high-quality cards just 4 days later!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I ordered some business cards that had some errors when I received them. I used the online chat service and was given an apology and they are sending me a new box of cards to correct the issue. I was very impressed with the speed they responded and there were no hoops to jump through. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I went to buy a couple of posters on their website and was presented with a 25% off discount automatically with some summer deal. Then when I got to the page asking for my name and address and email, I got a checkbox where I could sign up for their promotional emails to receive an additional 15% off my order. I agreed to this. Then when I got to the order review page, it only had the 25% off discount. Where was the 15% off discount!? I called customer support and they said only one discount can apply. I told them I had already received one discount and then the website offered me another later on.

Having detected a discount already in place, the website should not have offered me an additional discount if only one can apply. That means I enabled email marketing for nothing in return which is not what I was promised by the website. The customer support guy said he understood that could be misleading but that there was a one discount per order policy. I said that an exception should be made for my order since I felt deceived and that this was false advertising. That their web development team had clearly made a mistake when enabling discounts to be shown to me for doing this or that when I clearly was already capped at my single discount earlier in the checkout process!

An experienced web developer could implement code to only show discounts if the customer did not already have a discount in place from earlier in the checkout process and this would take 5 minutes to implement. The fact that I found a error in their checkout flow that mislead me as the buyer and they would not honor the terms I was mislead into believing was a sign of their lack of concern for the satisfaction of the buyer. I would NOT recommend using this website and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Shame on you Vistaprint.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Spent a lot of time filling out 3 orders for checks for personal and business. When I went to check out it states they will only ship first class mail but will not allow a PO Box to be printed on the checks and they will only ship to the address on the check. So basically if you have a PO Box you cannot place an order. They did not let you know upfront that they would not ship.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vistaprint?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I ordered 3 times from Vistaprint over the course of 5 years. First 2 orders were flawless, I loved the quality of the paper and the print. But the last order was a disaster. I paid for the premium paper and what they sent me is extremely cheaply printed biz cards. The paper looks very cheap and the print quality is even worse. I can print with better quality with the printer I have at home. It looks like they went for cost cuts over the years and quality went way down.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I was originally really mad, because my return address labels arrived completely blank... not sure how that happened, but to make a long story short - Vistaprint made it right, and sent me a free batch of replacement ones with the correctly printed address. This may seem like a small thing, but I sure appreciated it. The customer service representative I dealt with, whose name I wish I remembered (Sorry I couldn't find it in my email history) was compassionate, kind, polite, professional, patient, and understanding - and made it right. Thank you for that. By the way, the products: return address labels, and checks - all were of very high quality, so I am really thrilled with my order. Thank you, Vistaprint!

Original review: July 29, 2018

We ordered postcards for personal use sometime in early 2017. I just found out this month they had been billing me $18 per month since at least June 2017. They said the amount is for a website. After a lot of back and forth speaking to Aretha I've learned it's for a website we didn't ask for, do not use and doesn't exist. We do not own a business or have a need for any website.

She said they can refund the last 6 months back to the card but charges before that will be sent as a check but she couldnt give me a timeline for when I will receive that check. After further questioning I was told 24 to 48 hours to process the check and 7 to 10 days to receive it. She says the charges started in June 2017 which happens to be the earliest statement I have access to online so I will have to research earlier dates by looking through paper statements. Yes I should have noticed these charges before, that is purely my fault but adding a fraudulent monthly charge is horrible. I wonder how many people never realize they are being charged. And think about how money they have access to by doing this even when giving refunds months and years later.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered some business cards but unfortunately some of the print was cut off. I did an online chat with Mariam ** and she was extremely helpful. Not only did she amend the cards but she sent out the new ones at fast rate delivery and at no extra charge and included a lovely leather case for me to put some cards in. I am really happy with the service I received and would have no hesitation in using them again recommending them to anyone. I am very grateful! Thank you Vistaprint. :-) :-)

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered postcards which were guaranteed for a Friday delivery. Before ordering, I had called customer service just to be sure that the items would be delivered by Friday (using expedited shipping). "When you say that I will have them Friday, is there a 90% chance they will be there on Friday? 95% chance? 99% chance?" I asked the customer service person. "There is a 100% chance it will be there", the customer service person said. On Friday, the cards were SHIPPED, not delivered. Uggh! I called customer service, and the representative told me that the items were shipped from Windsor, Ontario (!) to San Diego, California by REGULAR UPS, even though I had paid $23.00 for expedited shipping. The person estimated that the items would arrive "on Tuesday or Wednesday". So frustrating!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have called them 6 or 7 times telling them that I do not live inside the City of Pueblo Colorado, my address is outside the city. My Zip Code is outside of the City Of Pueblo. But since my address says Pueblo, Colorado because that is what the Post Office says it has to be Vistaprint charges me too much sales tax. I tried to speak to some in charge, however, all Vistaprint would do is give me Colorado Department of Revenue phone number. It is funny Amazon, Sam's Club and other online sales can get the correct sales tax, Vistaprint cannot and will not provide anyone to speak with to try to fix the problem. I am done as a business person with Vistaprint.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had a few great years getting labels from Vistaprint but then this year they just deleted 6 labels I hadn't finished designing yet. They sent an email to say that would happen but the heading was not clear at all (all it said was 'reminder' and 'add us to your address book') and so I didn't open it considering there are so many emails from them and I can't open them all. Anyhow I am crushed that all the hours of work I put into the labels was for nothing and then the company didn't bother to offer a single bit of compensation even after I asked them to.

Plus the files sometimes have glitches that are really frustrating. If only Vistaprint would compensate me I could remove this review and post a way better one since the products can be of high quality. I am so saddened by this latest experience though and feel the need to warn others. The website does not state anywhere clearly that your work will be permanently deleted after 60 days. What other company treats its customers work with such little regard.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I wanted to check them out and submitted a super small order of pens. $22 for 5 cheap pens and it will be couriered so extra $15. And of course Government Canada HST. $7 bucks for a cheap pen. Nothing could go wrong right? Well, first of all, one day I am returning home and the ripped off envelope is sitting in front of my door. The building has a buzzer system and I would be buzzed if the person tried to contact me. He/she didn't. Inside, two plastic bags: 1 with 4 ok pens, another one with 1 messed up pen. And just sent like this. LOL. No apology. No nothing. Called them: they said they will send additional 5 pens as their apology but somehow they felt that Purolator was not the extension of them and tried to say that it was ok. VISTAPRINT, is it ok for strangers to enter your building, or your home? IT IS NOT OK! AND IT REFLECTS ON YOU.

In the meantime THEY CHARGE ME ANOTHER $33 and the Purolator guy, who admitted he was the one previously delivering said that he sees nothing wrong entering people's buildings without buzzing. I asked him who is he coming to see in this building. He said - "You." I asked him, "How did you get in," he said he did not want to bother with buzzing! 2018 a single female living and you think it is ok for this to happen? Yeah, I did not think so. I am pressing criminal charges BTW. Opened the envelope and - 1 pen. I have no words to express my disgust. I will notify VISA and cops and SHAME ON YOU VISTAPRINT. You will never again get my business.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Not only do they make it nearly impossible to cancel an account with them... but even after you send your account number more than once they pretend they don't get the emails or even messages on their website. They continue to charge me after I have emailed and messaged several times (with my account number). CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. I DON'T USE YOUR SERVICE!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

In June we reordered a business card from Vistaprint that we had ordered before. We have used Vistaprint for several years for three different businesses. Our June order was promised on the 3rd of July. About July 5th we received a notice of our order canceled, then that the design in our portfolio had expired. Then we received a notice of our new order now promised July 13th. We did nothing, the emails just came in with no input from us. We emailed and called and Vistaprint would do nothing and then send us an email praising their good service stating they were so happy they solved our problem without charging us and additional charges.

We received the cards and they had the safe frame printed on the cards and the bleed area was inside the edge of the card. It was just printed like the edit box. Vistaprint agreed after over 6 emails and three phone calls, to reprint the cards at no charge. We are still awaiting our cards. Finally, I know that the convenience of online ordering is better in some ways than finding a local printer and having business forms and cards printed. For very small businesses it is the only way to get professional looking printing we can afford. The problem is when something goes wrong. Who is going to solve the problem and how many calls and emails and personal time does it take to correct what should be a minor issue. In this case we spent way more than we saved on business cards.

Customer service is becoming a problem in many large companies. The cost is just too high for a large, international company to give good service and impress their stockholders with ever bigger profit margins. We have hit a ceiling in making more money. Companies and their stockholders are no longer willing to make money again and again and add to their wealth with accumulation. They want it now and they want to show that they are making more money per order than last year. It is a disease infecting all areas of large business. They will not stop until they collapse under the strain of their own obsessive greed. We can only help by refusing to buy from companies that fail to service what they sell. Failures like this cost customers billions of dollars working out the failure of the company.

It is interesting to see that the cost of service does not go away, it gets transferred. The cost of service in most cases is transferred to the customer. When you buy something nowadays you are asked if you want to purchase the protection plan like it is another product. It is actually customers taking on the companies' cost of service and warranty. Retailers have made a huge fraud on all of us by selling us, as a second product, the companies' responsibility for quality control. Do you ever think what happens if you buy an electric drill from a mega retailer and it fails to perform? Soon you will get a, "sorry, you did not want the warranty". At that time big business will have succeeded in passing all their customer service and quality control costs on to the customer as well as making it a profitable additional sale for them and the retailer.

Don't keep doing this. It is making farm animals out of us. When you do what companies that you purchase from want you to do, you become their milk cow. They feed you and you produce profits for them. You fail to produce and you are out of luck. This is not free enterprise. It is trickery and deceit at high levels. Buy local as much as you can. Buy from small business as much as you can. I know it is difficult but it is essential to having a future.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Ordered business cards, door magnet and signage. Well, they said fast shipping, but by the time I got through all the editing of my details it ended up being 3 day shipping, and here I am waiting on the third day and it hasn't come. And it is 530, so I do not think it is coming today. So they are slow at shipping when they say fast, and they do not even pull through when they say they will. Not impressed at all.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I'll use them for all my business cards. I haven't had them print anything else but I love my cards and their recommendation. Their mobile design is far ahead than any other's and I notice they are always innovating. So I'm sticking with them.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ordered two custom printed T-Shirts, one for me and 1 for my daughter. When I did, I gave Vistaprint my new email address (I'm not putting it in this complaint because I do not want a ton of spam). I was not happy with the quality of the brand of T-Shirt they used and their print job of the photo I provided on the T-shirt was way too big and of very poor quality. I sent them my complaint and I provided the order number. And I have had no response. I will not buy anything anymore from Vistaprint! They still show my old email address on their site. I think I should probably quit buying anything online.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Summary: Pros: Extremely quick delivery, highly protective packaging to prevent damage, neat and even cut lines, crisp letters and pictures that were true to my Photoshop design. Cons: Confusing website may cause consumer to spend more money than the website advertises. Details: Upon reading MANY negative reviews regarding incorrect colors, skewed cut marks, blurry/pixelated designs, and extremely late delivery dates, I was very nervous about using Vistaprint after I had already ordered my wedding invitations.

Delivery and Measurements: My order was placed on July 2nd and expected to arrive by July 10th, and I received them on July 6th. To my surprise, the invitations came out MUCH better than I expected! I uploaded a custom Photoshop design with a PSD file. All my borders were the correct measurements and the cut lines were exactly where they should be.

PDF Proof vs. Final Result: When I viewed the PDF proof, my design was a little more pixelated than I had created it to be, despite my PSD using 300 dpi. I called VistaPrint and spoke to a customer service representative who informed me that the PDF proof gives only an idea of the final result, and may be more true to the design on the cardstock. Of course this made me extremely anxious, but when the invitations arrived, the resolution turned out much more clear on the cardstock than on the PDF proof!

My invitations DID come out with a slightly purplish hue in the background (my background was designed to be a dark gray). All files designed to be printed should be created using CMYK format, and since my uploaded design was created with RGB format instead, this may be my own fault and likely does not reflect the service provided by VistaPrint.

Packaging: The envelopes included with the invites were shipped separately (50 invitations including 40 envelopes in one package, and 10 envelopes in a separate package), yet both packages arrived at the same time, so this was not an issue. I had also read a few reviews stating that the consumers’ business cards/invites/pamphlets etc. were shipped in a box with no extra protection whatsoever, causing bent and ripped edges and corners. My invitations arrived in a cardboard envelope and were protected with a thick cellophane wrapper, a plastic band to hold them together, and two thick, white cardstock boards that “sandwiched” the invitations so they were not exposed. I was highly impressed with the rather “over” protective packaging (as I’d rather have too much than not enough!). None of my invitations were bent or damaged and arrived completely flat and neat.

Reason for Four Stars: My complaint with VistaPrint does not reflect the results of my product so much as their website. I have removed one star due to the checkout page that bombards the consumer with other offers in an attempt to “trick” them. VistaPrint often has “x% off” sales, but as the consumer cannot use more than one promo code, the offers are useless and the “sale” does not really exist depending on what the user is already purchasing. The customer service representative to whom I spoke added a promo code that took off 10% of the price of my order. While this was extremely nice of them, their promo code actually removed the promo code I applied initially, which was 25% off my order rather than 10%. The “bottom line” for my only complaint is that the VistaPrint website makes such strong attempts to get the consumer to pay more than they had originally thought.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Ordered 4th of July postcards for an American Flag Giveaway to my clients and prospects. They sent me the proof of the product that was supposed to be delivered via Vistaprint, however, they didn't care to mention that the area I filled out was the area where the addresses were supposed to be printed and after numerous discussions with them confirming this was a good to go product they sent it out.

My clients and prospects received this and existing clients reached out to me to tell me that the postcard was unreadable and pretty much cut in half and they had no idea how to submit information in order to be eligible to receive an entry for the flag giveaway. I called Vistaprint and told them this, and told them I not only lost business but also looked incompetent and was completely embarrassed by their product. They only offered me my money back and that was it. I am a realtor and our entire office uses Vistaprint not only for our business cards but for marketing purposes, and because of this, no one will be using them going forward...

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have purchased from Vistaprint on numerous occasions and have always gotten quality materials. When I did have a problem with one of my items, they gladly replaced it (100 pieces) without any hassles or extra costs to me.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered a personalized banner/T-shirt for my husband's surprise Birthday Party expecting it to come in days before his party, I was very impressed that it came in more than a week before expected and it was exactly as described. Not my first time ordering from Vistaprint definitely not my last. Thank you so much Vistaprint for another successful order. Highly recommended!

Original review: June 25, 2018

Really pleased with Vistaprint. Not only are you able to create your own design but they have exceptional customer service. I accidentally purchase 1,000 business cards with an incorrect phone number, and they allowed me to edit and reorder - for free! Very happy with this company!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Ordered business cards a reprint (have used this company for several years) on 5/26/18. Was to receive cards on 6/6/18. When they did not arrive, went on website and noted still processing. On 6/8/18 called company who stated card had been declined and an email sent, this was not true. Never had any communication, after an hour on the phone and transfer to the billing department replaced the order and was told card went through. This new order was to arrive on 6/15/18. Today 6/18/18 order still not here. On website still processing, when I called was told there was fraud activity and account restricted can no longer order. Was never notified and when questioned how they could approve a credit card then close or restrict an account would not give an answer. I am going to share with as many people as possible to never use this business.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with the customer service representative, Alfaize, at Vistaprint. I ordered invitations for my child's birthday and I was not happy with how they printed on the matte paper stock. I contacted Vistaprint to inform them that it was my mistake, and I did choose matte paper for printing, but I was hoping to change my order to glossy paper stock. They were extremely accommodating and I received new glossy invitations just days after my inquiry. I will be using Vistaprint for all of my future invitation purchases.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I ordered some t-shirts for a family vacation and paid extra to have them mailed express. At check out I was guaranteed that the items would arrive before the vacation. I was so excited to surprise my family! They did not arrive on the guaranteed date. When I checked via the tracking number I was informed they would arrive TWO DAYS after we would leave for vacation!! I am so disappointed!!! This is a horrible way to do business! I canceled the order and will use every social media outlet I have to warn people of this company!!! I will NEVER use Vistaprint again!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am very displeased with both the quality of the business cards I received from Vistaprint and the quality of the customer service in dealing with my issue. I had ordered cards that were dark grey on one side and light grey on the other with black print on both sides. This was a preexisting design offered on their website, and I did not change any of the colors. When I received the cards, the side that should have been dark grey (with my business name in black letters) was just solid black. I assumed there was a printing error and contacted Vistaprint to let them know.

In their email reply they justified what had happened by telling me that it was not possible to print black on black. I have a problem with this because in the preview of my card before I placed the order, there was a subtle, but still distinct difference between the background color and the color of the letters. Besides all that, what matters in the end is that I ordered a design Vistaprint offers, and they were not able to produce the design. In the email, the representative said they would put a credit in my account and a new card design in my portfolio in case I wanted to place a new order, but when I called Vistaprint to discuss the issue further the representative on the phone informed me that a replacement order was already being processed. I have already ordered business cards from a different company, and I do not plan to use Vistaprint in the future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I would have rated Vistaprint 5 stars but cannot do so this time due to the rudeness of the manager to whom my case had been escalated. I had ordered metallic business cards to be here by 7th June. I hadn't had notice of dispatch so decided to call and inquire. Call handler informed me that my order hadn't gone through as their machine had technical problems. She refunded me and promised new metallic and extra glossy ones would be reordered for arrival 8th June.

I then had a choice of compensation where I asked for t-shirts and told that was ok but manager would need to call to confirm the order. Manager calls and says very rudely that he can reorder the cards free of charge but the metallic ones would not arrive till after the weekend when clearly these were the ones I needed. He kept being rude and trying to dissuade me, saying there is nothing else he could do. T-shirts he could only give me 1 free of charge when I was clearly told I could have more. We went round in circles for 40 mins and he kept putting my on mute time and time again due to him not listening to me. In the end he refused to give me his name so that I could officially complain. Very disgusted with the rudeness of this man and will be very hesitant to use this company again.

Original review: May 28, 2018

They are real quick to get your business and start charging you. Once you start digging and asking for changes to your site, they fall off the deep end. They are literally GONE GONE. DO NOT USE THIS PLACE FOR YOUR WEBSITE!!! They have "hidden" charges that will get you in the end, and your site, when they finish with it, looks like a third grader did it. UGGH. This site sucks!

Original review: May 5, 2018

VistaPrint is a great option for getting my custom printed materials shipped to my house! They have great product selections. But some items are priced too high to enable me to print things for resale from my own artwork. If they offered options for me to have my items priced for resale by me with my art, they would get a 5 on value. I love the items. But Fine Art America is doing okay for selling printed art items.

Vistaprint Company Information

www.vistaprint.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business