1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

632 Evine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I woke up to an Evine infomercial for the Bose Solo 5 which showed great reviews so I decided to call the customer service line and place my order. A few minutes later I received an alert from Credit Karma stating that there was an inquiry placed on my credit report. I was a bit confused and upset because the representative who I spoke with to place the order never disclosed to me that she would be checking my credit. I immediately contacted the customer service department to request that this be removed from my credit report because I am in the midst of purchasing a home and cannot have any inquiries on my report at this time.

No one wanted to deal with the issue and said that there was nothing that they could do and that this information regarding credit checks is on their website. I explained that I did not use the website and that I contacted customer service directly for the purchase and that I should have been made aware of that information by the representative. I was then told that they do sporadic credit checks and that the representatives can't inform every customer of this because they never know when someone's credit will be checked. I NEVER gave them my social security number nor did I ever authorize them to pull my credit report! Had I known that they were going to check my credit I wouldn't have made the purchase since I am buying a home.

After speaking with 5 representatives which included a supervisor I haven't had any luck in getting them to remove this inquiry from my report. The supervisor was extremely rude and disrespectful. They basically said it was my fault for making the purchase without checking their website for the disclosure and that there's nothing they can do despite the fact that I told them everything that transpired. I cancelled my order and will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau. This was my first order ever placed with Evine and the worst experience ever. NEVER will I EVER deal with them again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When I first got my Evine credit card I thought I might order some mice items for the holidays. From the beginning there were problems. My first two items face creams that I ordered were sent damaged. The order was sent back and never replaced. The second item was left out in the rain and was also damaged. I sent it back asking for a replacement which I never received. The third item which were two umbrellas were sent with only one umbrella in the box though the shipping tickets said there were two. The final items were 2 Tiffany lamps and I was sent the wrong colors. I contacted customer service and spoke to someone at length who assured me she would correct the problems.

A voicemail message was left on my telephone today from her stating that they would not refund me for 2 of the items because apparently they state they were not in the box. I cannot believe this how can they charge me for items that were sent back that I have a tracking number for that my husband and I packed up and now tell me they won't refund me my money. What a sad experience. This company is a joke and should be shut down for fraudulent advertising. Sending damaged product sending the wrong color and sending items that say they sent more than they did is ridiculous and worse they don't even honor or acknowledge their mistakes. I will report them to the Better Business Bureau if I do not get a satisfactory response. Buyer beware. Evine is a joke. A sad one.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

As an Interior Designer I shop daily and for the past 12 years most of my shopping is online. I just recently tried Evine for the first time. The entire experience has been a NIGHTMARE!!! I have had to contact their customer service a half dozen times and still 2 weeks later I still have not received a refund for my return. They are full of EXCUSES and just want you to WAIT & WAIT!!! They are HORRIBLE and good customer service and fast and free shipping is why Amazon is so successful!!! This company is the WORST!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Bought a poncho and vest Donna’s Fabulous Furs. On November 21 received email both items shipped. Received package today with only one item. They cannot tell me where my other item is and on invoice the item I did not receive is crossed out. SKETCHY.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I see all these bad complaints about Evine billing and shipping. I order from Evine. I never had problem. My advice is pay your bill on them and you won't have a problem. Great company. Great stuff. I a customer for life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evine?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I frequently use value pay on QVC and HSN. Evine would not approve this for an item under 40 dollars. I will go elsewhere and I have already had QVC offer to match the price. Thank you. I do hope this review makes this company reconsider their policies.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Return Policy: I would like people to think about this for a minute regarding Evine's return policy! If you check your invoice that was received by you in the package it says (if you return item) to allow up to two weeks for processing. Below it, it states, it may take one or two billing cycles for credit to appear on your statement! Any other large box store credits your return within a couple of weeks, some a lot sooner! The company is using your money and pays you nothing in interest! They "bank" on you NOT returning the merchandise!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have been a customer of Evine for 10 years. A few years ago I had a fraud alert on my credit card. It was my mistake that I did not update my card with Evine. I did correct the problem by paying my debt that went into collections. I spoke with Evine credit department and my account was cleared for purchases using ValuePay. I made a few purchases all in ValuePay and all have been paid in full. I just tried placing an order and there has been a block on my account. Speaking with the credit department I was told that my account is blocked from ValuePay due to the past issue of the missed ValuePay.

This had all been settled about a year and a half ago. I feel like Evine is treating the situation unfairly and I asked for my account to be closed. I have good credit and will take my business elsewhere. I have used HSN and QVC and have NEVER had a bad experience with either. Please beware of this company. I have read several bad reviews since having this problem and I wish I had read them before. Wish I wasn’t having this bad expierence and I hope others don’t have to go through the same.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have had nothing but bad with the customer service people! They just give the customer the run around and do nothing to resolve the issue! I spoke with a customer service person twice on the phone over a value pay that they stated was past due. I had already gone on the Evine site to change credit cards for my value payments due to my current credit card not only being expired, but it had also been compromised by someone. After the second phone call from Evine's collection department asking for me to take care of another value pay, I stupidly gave that customer care person the credit card number that I had updated my account with. Well, the following day I received an alert e-mail from my credit card company that someone was trying to charge $800.00 on my card, and it turned out to be fraud!

I now have to wait for a new card and a new card number, and was advised by my credit card company to contact Evine customer care about the issue. I did so and basically was told to file a police report. The customer service person still stated that I owed on value pay, therefore I requested the amount that is owed and I am sending a check to them to hopefully clear this mess up! They keep telling me that my actual payments can't be viewed by them for 48 hours. They claim it takes that long to show up as a payment. I have never ever had these issues with any other company in the past! I often shop QVC and HSN with NO ISSUES! I certainly wish I had read the reviews before I ever did business with this company!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

What is this company's problem? Why is it that if you use easy pay they automatically do a credit check? Zero balance on my Evine credit card with over 5k credit. I pay my bill on time, have a great credit score until Evine decides to check my credit with Equifax every time I order. Contacted customer service. Got the runaround then I requested the call be escalated. The person I spoke to was not helpful and rude. Kept telling me it's my fault I used easy pay. WTF? So I have a number for corporate open M-Fri 8-5. 952-943-6000. This credit check is BS. Evine should stop this and change their rules. Why should they care about credit checks for any purchase if you have a valid card?? Each time Equifax gets Evine credit check request your score drops 3 to 5 points.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was looking for a new mattress and box springs and happen to see Evine advertising a Beautyrest brand. I watched the entire show and then ordered it. One of the reasons I ordered it was they said the old mattress and box springs would be picked up and taken away. (I have re-watched the show to make sure.) They delivered the purchase today but the delivery people said they would not take the old mattress and box springs. When I called Evine customer services the person told me that "just because they said that does not mean it will happen." I guess it was my fault for believing the company's word. I called my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do either. Please be aware that the sales people are allowed to say anything to make a sale.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I purchased a watch. They came with a five year warranty. The only catch is you have to call after receiving the watch within 45 days to get a phone number to order the warranty certificate. I called Evine immediately after receiving the watch, as required and they provided a phone number that when called you are put on hold and no one answers. After weeks of frustration of calling Evine who did nothing to help I told them I was returning the item. They said it was past 30 now so they would not accept it. The only reason for the purchase was that it was SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE A 5 YEAR WARRANTY CERTIFICATION THEY NEVER PROVIDED. I just got off the phone today and they now say the warranty was automatic. Just yesterday I spoke to a rep who said you had to call within 45 days to obtain it. This is the worst of all networks I have purchased from. Let the buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have tried over and over to watch Evine, and I cannot get past the obnoxious, loud, gasping for breath, in speaking about on air items. Kimberly Wells is absolutely the worst! I am very distracted by the lack of breathing exercises these people need, BEFORE, going on air. Is it just me? I don't find this problem with QVC or HSN, but at EVINE, it is the norm. Are they forced to talk fast or what? So many words per second?

Even some of the vendors do this, but most of all, it's the female hosts. DA-DA-DA-DA suck wind, DA-DA-DA-DA gasp loudly for air, this is so ridiculous it turns this viewer (and probably many more) away. I know when I was in Physical Therapy for a PE, there are breathing lessons that help you regulate your breathing, so there really is no excuse for this non-professional way to sell goods on a shopping channel. It takes concentration, but can absolutely be done. The people who run that network need to realize that this is a big problem for their broadcasts.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've have been Purchasing Invicta watches for my husband from Evine for years, my latest purchase came last Thursday July 19th 2018. I love their watches and have frequently used their 6 months to pay option and sometimes have purchased the watch in full depending on the price. While looking at their site I came upon another watch that I wanted to order, when I went to order the watch I received a message that I needed to contact their credit department. Upon speaking with them I was informed that there was an overdue balance from 2015 that I had no knowledge of. According to Evine my husband supposedly had an order on 6 value pay that he supposedly did not fulfill. I explained to them that my husband has never had an Evine account and they were mistaken. So now I can no longer order from them until this situation is resolved.

The item that they are speaking about was sent to an address that I did not live at. On top of that we have never received any notification of an overdue bill. Now here it is 2018 and all of a sudden they come up with this nonsense after purchasing numerous items for them since 2015. I've had my husband checked his Credit report and there is nothing on there in regards to an Evine Account. I explained to them that someone must have used his name. Evine if you don't fix this I will never order from you again. You are not the only one who sells Invicta Watches. Stop trying to scam people out of extra money because your site isn't doing well, you don't poop where you sleep. Very displeased customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

End of June 2018, both my wife and I purchased Waterford Crystal from Evine. Wife used Value Pay and I paid in full. The week of July 5th, orders received (my order was a surprise for my wife). One box of my wife's order was crushed and we could hear the shattered crystal bowl through the box. My order, a Waterford chiller, arrived shattered. We immediately contacted Evine CS informing them of the shattered Waterford crystal pieces and we wanted immediate replacement. By the way, the Evine shipping warehouse negligently failed to properly pack the items and mark the boxes with Fragile and/or Handle with Care stickers. UPS managed to break them.

Bottom Line: We had to email photos of broken items twice. Once, because their 'pipes' could not handle the three attached requirements... two photos and PDF of shipping doc... Then, we had to email everything a second time... individually... that took 7 emails. Evine REFUSED to replace items... we had wanted the merchandise. If we wanted items, we had to re-order and pay immediately and then WAIT for our refunds. Totally wrong! Evine Customer Service and Loss Prevention people ARE terrible and unresponsive and extremely patronizing. Evine Management is worse! We are done being Evine customers. We will buy our Waterford Crystal at Waterford.com - they stand behind their products and shipping.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I, too, had an experience with their billing. I had an Evine credit card account which, according to the website, had a $0 balance at a time I wanted to make a purchase. While logging in to my account, I received a message saying that I was not authorized to make a purchase at that time and to call the Customer Service. They told me I had an outstanding balance of $57. This amount did not show up on the Evine website My Account page; therefore, I had no idea since my balance showed $0. This amount was on a Value Pay, which, apparently, is different from the regular account. It never had been separate or different when I did have a balance due. Whatever.

Then, I received a letter from a collection company for the $57 amount. When I called them I told them I had documentation showing I had a zero balance on my account and WTF? The collection company asked me to send them my papers which I did. A few weeks later, I received another letter from the collection company that, in fact, I need to pay the $57. I am now paying $10/mo. (if I have it). I have since made 2 payments to 2 different collection companies because the first one sold the account to the second one. They'll get their lousy remaining $37 when I get around to it. They already messed up my credit by denying me access to my account months ago. Screw them. I used to like some of their stuff because it was different from QVC, but no more.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Call customer service about my account. Agent said balance was paid. I owe nothing then I could buy something. Today I informed her that I got a collection agency letter from Sunrise collection. I asked could it be something sent to them telling them that the account was paid. She said to disregard it. I told her that I would not want anything to be sent towards my credit report that was paid. Customer service agent was very rude and did not solve the problem and I even ask to speak to a supervisor and was not transferred to one.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Ordered merchandise on 6/1/18. Credit card was charged on 6/6/18. Received wrong merchandise on 6/12/18. Called CS at Evine and was told I had to ship back wrong merchandise and they would either ship out original order or issue a refund when merchandise not ordered was returned to them. UPS picked up 45 pound box (2 plastic trays I ordered would have been under 5 lbs) on 6/13/18. Evine received returned merchandise on 6/19/18. Called CS to find out about refund on 6/20/18 and was told return was not in their system and it would be an additional 10 days before I would receive refund. Once they acknowledged they received the return. I filed a complaint with the FTC who said they were in violation of multiple Fair Trade Laws.

For example, you are not required by law to return merchandise you received but never ordered. Once a company knows they delivered the wrong merchandise, they are required to give a full and immediate refund. When orders are canceled, as I did on 6/12/18, you are due a full and immediate refund. Evine stated they have no policy to issue refunds until merchandise is returned. They are intentionally delaying thousands, if not millions of dollars of customer refunds in violation of FTC laws. They know the FTC does not address individual complaints, and only files complaints into a database to determine if multiple complaints are being received before the magic number is reached and they file legal action against the retailer on the multiple consumer's filings.

Please file a complaint with the FTC if Evine is delaying your refund or not giving you refunds at all. This is the only way the FTC will get involved and file legal action on your behalf against these clowns. The complaints can be filed over the phone at 1-877-382-4357. If you don't report this to them nothing will be done, or you will have to spend thousands in attorney fees to get your money back which will be less than the cost of your legal fees. FTC has online phone numbers and ways to file your complaints. Evine is laughing in our faces, knowing they are in violation of FTC laws and they are banking on not enough complaints with the FTC to instigate an investigation or legal action against them. Call the FTC today!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Why are these people still in business!? Completely unreasonable to pay with your own credit card and then have them do a hard credit check on you and damage your credit score. No disclosure whatsoever!!! I called them try to resolve it and just got the runaround. They tell me it's on their website. Who's on their website??? They put up Infomercials on TV with the phone number and you call, place an order, you talk to a real person and they can't spend three seconds to tell you that they're going to do a hard credit pull on you??! It's like going to Macy's and buying a watch but you don't use your Macy's credit card- you use your American Express. Can you imagine if Macy's did a hard credit pull on YOU every time you shopped with them? This is ludicrous! Who would shop with somebody like this? Make them stop!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered a nice tea kettle and cup set that is very hard to find these days. A couple of days later, I get an email alert telling me my package has been shipped. To my surprise even though my information was typed by hand for the shipping address, it was delivered to my grandmother's home. A home she has lived in in months, and the area in which she lives leaves much to be desired. I was furious and called customer service, the associate was very nice, and asked if I wanted to order it again due to its limited supply. I really wanted it so I said yes, and while wondering if I was going to be on the hook for an item being delivered to the wrong destination.

Long story short, I am and I have no way of contacting any of the relatives there to see if she received it. I talked to Evine's customer service and was informed that due to it taking place on the web, that they had a release of liability. Evine even had my ninety-plus year old grandmother listed as the account holder if though I am the one who opened the account. Only affiliation with Evine she had was three years ago when I sent her some earrings for her birthday. I am beyond upset, I am livid. I have contact information for the customer service department headquarters, and I hope they correct the error that was made on their behalf. I will keep you all posted about what happened.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have been buying from shopping channels for years and they run every now and then a soft inquiry for credit but this company BE AWARE runs a hard inquiry on your credit when you choose value pays, which is simply installments. Your credit will get ruined if you choose value pays. Buy somewhere else.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Don't ever get an Evine credit card, ever. I have used Evine and bought many things from there using their value pay with no problem. Until I got an Evine credit card. Nothing but trouble now. Their customer service representative can take orders, but are not knowledgeable enough to do anything but cause worse problems. I have been double billed on many items now. This was done by a customer service person on evine.com. I wanted to know if I could change all my payments to the ValuePay and my bank card and so she did this. "No problem," she said. Ha and Ha... now I am double billed on some and all I get are arguments. No Evine credit card help as I was told once by them to have Evine representative do this and then by someone who said it can't be done. Never but never use their Evine credit card.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Over the past year I have had orders doubled and upon returning what I did not order, never received credit for the interested order. Paid for a laptop, purses and toys not ordered. Have been customer for 10 years, since it was SHOPNBC, then SHOPHQ. I was in receipt of a smartphone I did not order, returned it and fortunately did get credit, but the unexpected orders kept coming and in making complaint, no one with two brains to speak of could discuss with me of any resolution and it was not investigated. Have terminated association as of June 1 when final payment will be made.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I ordered a Samsung watch on May 3, 2018. The very next day I received an email saying my order was cancelled and my money was returned into my account. It’s been 4 days and I haven’t received my refund. I called my bank and there isn’t anything pending or no refund. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been using this card for years with no problem. Recently I keep getting calls from some collection agency that represents Evine and they are telling me I have a 40.00 delinquency from a year ago. I have nothing of the sort. They also will not send me any note in the mail to verify this. They call my house at 8 am every day to leave a message. They will not talk to my husband and they are extremely rude. I have written them but to no avail as they will not answer my questions. My attorney told me they have to, by law, send me a written notice of the same. Now they lowered my credit amount with them just for spite. Good luck with this nightmare of a company.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I recently logged into my account to see if a recent order of mine had shipped. I noticed there were two items in my cart which I had not ordered. I immediately voided the items and phoned Evine customer service. After going thru a minefield of options I finally was able to speak to someone and let her know I had items in my cart which I had not ordered. She said don't worry about it, their system is very sensitive and it just picked up information from some other order. I asked if I would have to pay for the items if that order had gone through - and to my amazement she said YES! So let me see - I should not worry about someone charging an order to my credit card but I would have to pay if the order reached my credit card! Are you kidding?!?

I am cancelling my Evine account as soon as I received my latest order! Did that customer service rep have any intelligence at all? Also, I am tired of how long it takes to receive an order. Nothing even ships immediately, that takes 2 - 3 days to ship at least and then another 7 days to reach me. Now this idiot in customer service? I'm finished with Evine!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I too have been a ShopNBC/Evine customer for many years and have purchased thousands of dollars from them. My credit card was compromised and had to get a new number. I immediately went to the site and changed the credit card number so that it was all set up and ready to go and there wouldn't be any payment issues. But apparently there was an issue with one of the outstanding value pay orders. I never received a phone call, email or actual mail regarding this. How I found out was that I was turned into a collection agency! For $21. The collection agency was able to send me something but why not Evine? This is a terrible way to treat longstanding customer. I will NEVER purchase anything from them ever.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I will no longer shop at Evine for anything. They have lost me as a customer. I have been shopping there for many years and have spent thousands of dollars with them. I have never applied for the Evine credit card nor have I had any late or missed payments on any of my ValuePay items. I believe I had an expired credit card on value payments once or twice but I took care of it as soon as I was notified by Evine. Evine did a hard credit check on me back in November or December of 2016. I was not happy but I understood that it might be because the company had changed names and might be under new management so I didn't pursue it. Fast forward to this past week when I received an email from Experian that Evine had once again done another hard credit check on me. I have been purchasing things on ValuePay since the last credit check with no issues so I was very surprised and very angry to find out that they had done it again.

I have an excellent credit rating and the only hard credit checks I have in my history are from Evine live (2 in less than 2 years) and one for a home equity loan. All I was purchasing were handbags. I was using my own personal credit card and if I had known that I was going to get a hard credit check I would not have used ValuePay. I would have purchased the items in full since I have a very large credit limit. It wouldn't have been an issue. The hosts are always pushing ValuePay, saying how easy it is and how convenient it is. I have never once heard them say that if you use it you are at risk of getting a hard credit check that will stay in your credit history for 2 years. It seems very deceptive to me. When I called customer service to complain I was told that I should have clicked on the description of ValuePay and read the fine print. The woman that I spoke with was very unpleasant, condescending and not helpful at all.

This is an extremely deceptive practice. HSN and QVC have never done this to me and I purchase items that cost far more than any that I have purchased from Evine. I find this extremely offensive. If I had ever had credit issues or late payments I could understand it. Can you imagine every time you purchase something with a credit card at a store having a hard credit check done? Evine will claim that it's because you have chosen to use value payments, but I use my credit card every week at my local stores to earn points and they never investigate my Credit, especially not with a hard credit check that stays on your record for 2 years. The credit card company already knows my credit is good or they would never have given me a credit card with an extremely high credit limit. If my credit history is good enough for the credit card company why isn't it good enough for Evine? I don't feel Evine has the right to do this.

If I had bad credit my credit card payment would have been declined and it is not up to Evine to second-guess the credit card company. I spoke with Evine's financial department and asked them if I returned the items that triggered the credit check if it would be possible to have it removed from my credit history. They said no and that it will stay in my history for 2 years. The woman who helped me was very kind and she explained to me that she gets complaints daily about this exact scenario. She said that Evine is aware that there is a problem and they are "looking into it". So while they take their sweet time looking into it we have to pay the consequences.

I was in a serious car accident last week where my car was totaled due to a careless driver turning left in front of me at an intersection. The other person was found responsible for the accident but I will still need to purchase a new car. Now I have another hard credit check on my credit account for a couple of $200 purses. I am beyond livid. It is incomprehensible to me that purchasing a few handbags would merit the same credit check as a home equity loan or a car loan. I do not understand how they are able to get away with this. It shows that they do not value their customers.

I am seeing more and more comments about this deceptive practice show up on forums on the internet. I am hoping someone with authority will take notice and do something about it. I asked the woman in the financial department how Evine can have a good rating on the Better Business Bureau with so many complaints and she told me it's because they respond to the complaints. All the responses I have read from Evine to unhappy customers are just generic statements that don't fix the issue and blame the customer for not reading the fine print. Not a good way to do business. No more Evine for me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I had read other reviews that had warned of hard inquiries that showed up on credit reports and figured it was because someone had applied for Evine card. Not so. I've never applied for Evine credit card and have never had a problem with the account I use, however, Evine did a hard inquiry without my consent. How is this legal? I will never shop with Evine again. Had been a customer for years.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Poor quality of Gem Treasures - I purchased a black diamond tennis bracelet. Wore it and loved it. I was out at Cleveland Clinic and the bracelet fell off my wrist. I checked the reviews and it seemed like 75% of the people had a problem with the clasp and one person lost theirs too. This is no way to do business. They won’t stand behind their product. It was brand new. Paid with value pay, only one payment. Of course Synchrony Bank didn’t even want to take the dispute. I had to call a couple of times. I wrote the BBB. They just don’t care. They told me to collect under my insurance. How dare they. They are the responsible party. Chuck Clemency is the responsible party too. Bad quality jewelry. I am not going to shop there again. I want to do everything I can to stop them. They also take extra long to do returns. It’s just not right. There is definitely something not right going on.

Evine Company Information